时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:02] | Oh, for God’s sake, what was that?! | 天啊 又怎么了 |
[00:16] | Wherever you are, whatever you’ve done, | 不论你是谁 不管你做了什么 |
[00:18] | Don’t think I won’t find you! | 别以为我找不到你 |
[01:00] | We’re so glad Francis decided to come down for a visit, it’s been so long since we’ve seen him. | Francis能来真好 我们很久没见了 |
[01:05] | And you tagging along is an added bonus. | 你能来真是额外惊喜 |
[01:08] | Well, making you happy makes me happy. | 你快乐所以我快乐 |
[01:10] | You know, I don’t think that nursery would ever get done without Francis’s help. | 要是Francis不帮忙 那个育儿室估计永远也建不成 |
[01:13] | Hal has this thing about heights. | Hal有点恐高 |
[01:15] | I can’t reach it.Dad, you have to come up another rung. | 我够不到 爸你得再上一节 |
[01:19] | My ears are popping! | 我的耳膜要炸了 |
[01:22] | So, my doctor said I only have to wear these special shoes for two more years. | 医生说我只需再多穿两年这种特制鞋 |
[01:26] | Then I’m down to nights and weekends. | 我就可以放开去耍了 |
[01:28] | Great Scott!You got a letter from Martindale Academy! | 天哪 你收到马丁代尔学院的信 |
[01:31] | What’s Martindale Academy? | 马丁代尔学院是什么 |
[01:33] | It’s the greatest, most advanced private school in existence. | 世界上最好最高级的私立学校 |
[01:36] | Do you know how many millions they’ve spent to make sure you’ve never heard about it? | 你知道他们花多少百万来隐藏于世吗 |
[01:39] | It says I’ve been accepted.I didn’t even apply. | 上面写着我被录取了 我压根没申请 |
[01:42] | No-one applies.They find you. | 不用申请 他们会主动找你 |
[01:44] | This is unbelievable. | 太难以置信了 |
[01:46] | Malcolm, you’re going to the show! | Malcolm 你会上节目的 |
[01:47] | You’re set for life! | 你这辈子不用愁了 |
[01:50] | Wait, what am I thinking? | 慢着 我想啥呢 |
[01:51] | You can’t go.You’re too poor. | 你不能去 你太穷了 |
[01:53] | You’re like the poorest guy I know. | 你是我见过最穷的人 |
[01:55] | Argh, I’m such a jerk. | 我真是个混蛋 |
[01:56] | Here I am describing this Nirvana you’ll never be able to experience? | 我居然在这儿描述你永远也无法经历的天堂 |
[02:00] | Holding out this hope of power and success to a guy in a three-dollar shirt… | 给一个穿3买美元衬衫的人提供权利和成功的希望 |
[02:04] | – I mean, look at this hovel – Lloyd! | – 看看这破房子 – Lloyd |
[02:06] | You have to stop talking. | 你先别说了 |
[02:09] | It’s okay to cry, Malcolm. | 你可以哭出来 Malcolm |
[02:11] | Tears are free. | 眼泪是免费的 |
[02:15] | Ok, everybody. | 好了 各位 |
[02:17] | I just got back from the Doctor, and everything’s fine, | 我刚从医生那回来 一切正常 |
[02:19] | but the baby’s a little bigger than expected. | 只是孩子比预想中大一点 |
[02:22] | So, instead of having the baby in two weeks like we thought, | 原本是两周后生娃 |
[02:25] | we’re going to induce labor on Thursday. | 现在我们决定这周四引产 |
[02:27] | – Thursday?! This Thursday?! – You can’t do that! | – 周四 这周四 – 你们不能这样做 |
[02:30] | Oh, what difference does it make? | 有什么区别呢 |
[02:32] | It’s just six days sooner that our lives are over… | 只不过我们的人生提前6天结束 |
[02:35] | Hal Hal! | |
[02:35] | And our new, more fulfilling lives begin. | 然后崭新的充实的人生开始 |
[02:39] | This stinks. | 糟透了 |
[02:40] | I know this is being sprung on you very suddenly, | 我知道这有些突然 |
[02:43] | and you all have the right to be a little upset. | 你们也有权一点点不高兴 |
[02:44] | A little? | 一点点 |
[02:45] | Don’t push it. | 点到即止 |
[02:46] | Hal, you know what? I’ve got an idea. | Hal 猜怎么的 我有个主意 |
[02:48] | Why don’t you take the boys out tomorrow, and do something fun? | 你明天带孩子们出去耍耍咋样 |
[02:51] | I could use the time alone anyway, to straighten up the house before the baby comes. | 反正我想自己待着 在宝宝出生之前整理下房子 |
[02:55] | I can help you clean. | 我可以帮你搞卫生 |
[02:56] | Well, that will take a little longer, but I guess I could use the company. | 那可能会花更多时间 但陪陪我也不错 |
[02:59] | Hey, there’s a car show in the Convention Centre. | 会展中心有车展哟 |
[03:02] | Yeah, let’s spend the whole day looking at cool things that we’ll never get to own. | 是吧 花一天时间看这辈子都没机会拥有的靓车 |
[03:04] | Oh, come on, Malcolm. | 拜托 Malcolm. |
[03:06] | If we only looked at stuff we could afford, all we would ever see is crap. | 如果我们只看买的起的东西 那我们永远只能看到垃圾 |
[03:08] | Don’t be a party pooper. | 不要扫大家的兴 |
[03:10] | It’ll be great! | 会很有意思的 |
[03:13] | Festival of Brides?! | 新娘展览 |
[03:14] | That’s the lamest thing for a car show I’ve ever heard. | 这是我听过最蹩脚的车展名字了 |
[03:16] | No, the car show was here last week. | 原来车展是上周 |
[03:18] | Let’s get out of here. | 那咱们走吧 |
[03:19] | No, I just dropped fifteen bucks on parking. | 不行 我刚花了15块来停车 |
[03:22] | We’re going in! | 展览看定了 |
[03:24] | I know it’s your fifth child, but still, you must be a little excited? | 虽然这是你第五个孩子 你应该还是有点兴奋吧 |
[03:27] | Well, sure. Every child is exciting. | 当然 每次都很兴奋 |
[03:30] | Not that you want to rush into something like that. | 这不意味着你可以急着要孩子了 |
[03:32] | Oh! Wow! | 哎呀 |
[03:35] | Are you ok? | 你没事吧 |
[03:36] | The baby just started kicking like crazy! | 宝宝不停地在踢我 |
[03:39] | It’s almost like something was upsetting… | 好像什么很烦人的事 |
[03:43] | Mom! | 妈 |
[03:44] | Are you going to open the door, or should I lie down in the grass and feed the worms?” | 你是打算开门呢 还是我该躺在草地上喂虫子呢 |
[03:50] | Oh, great. | 这下好了 |
[03:51] | Who opened the gates of Hell? | 是谁开了地狱之门 |
[03:54] | Mom, this is a surprise. | 妈 太突然了 |
[03:56] | What are you doing here? | 你来干嘛 |
[03:57] | I’m moving in. | 我要搬进来 |
[03:59] | What do you mean,”you’re moving in”? | 你说你要搬进来什么意思 |
[04:01] | You are family, you will take care of me. | 你是我的家人 你该照顾我 |
[04:04] | This is ridiculous. | 太荒谬了 |
[04:05] | You have a condo, it’s nicer than this house. | 你有一间公寓 比这房子好多了 |
[04:07] | It burned down. | 烧没了 |
[04:08] | Oh, I… | 所以我 |
[04:09] | Mother, you can’t just… | 妈你不能 |
[04:10] | How did your house burn down?! | 你房子怎么会烧没了 |
[04:12] | It was the villagers, wasn’t it? | 是那些村民 对吗 |
[04:14] | It’s a mystery. | 那是个谜 |
[04:16] | Why don’t you go and stay at Susan’s? | 你为什么不去Susan家 |
[04:18] | She has four extra bedrooms, and a Satellite Dish. | 她有四个额外的卧室和卫星电视 |
[04:21] | Your sister should stick her head in a can of beans! | 你妹妹应该要把她的头塞进豆子罐头里 |
[04:24] | What? | 啥 |
[04:24] | She’s always been your favourite. | 她可一直都是你的最爱啊 |
[04:26] | She’s the only one you called when Dad died. | 爸爸去世时你只给她一个人打了电话 |
[04:27] | She isn’t my favourite any more. | 她不再是我的最爱了 |
[04:30] | She called me bitter! | 她打电话骂我 |
[04:31] | Then she hung up on me. On me! | 然后她挂了我电话 我的电话 |
[04:34] | Or maybe I hung up on her. | 也有可能是我挂了她电话 |
[04:37] | Who remembers? | 谁记得呢 |
[04:38] | Either way, she should rot in hell! | 不管如何 她都该下地狱 |
[04:40] | Mother, we can’t afford to put you up here. | 妈 我们家养不起你 |
[04:43] | You can afford a maid. | 你有钱养佣人 |
[04:44] | I’m not the maid, Ida. | 我不是佣人 Ida |
[04:46] | My name is Piama. I’m married to Francis. | 我叫Piama 是Francis的妻子 |
[04:48] | Tell the help not to talk to me. | 告诉佣人别和我说话 |
[05:05] | I know I haven’t been everywhere, but I’m pretty sure this is the most boring place on earth! | 我没去过世界上所有地方 但我肯定这里是最无聊的 |
[05:09] | What are you talking about, Reese? | 你说啥呢 Reese |
[05:11] | Do you know what kind of craftsmanship goes into these lace veils, huh? | 你知道这些蕾丝面纱用的什么工艺吗 |
[05:16] | So, um, Dad? I was wondering. Do you have any kind of, savings put away? | 爸 我在想 你有私房钱吗 |
[05:29] | Oh, I’ll have to tell your mother that one! | 我得告诉你妈这句笑话 |
[05:31] | No, I’m serious. | 不 我是认真的 |
[05:32] | What if something came up? | 如果有啥突发事件呢 |
[05:34] | Like a big, unexpected expense? | 比如巨大的 意外的开支 |
[05:36] | Are you prepared for something like that? | 你对此有所准备吗 |
[05:37] | Don’t worry about that stuff, son. | 不要担心那些 儿子 |
[05:39] | Things have a way of taking care of themselves. | 车到山前必有路 |
[05:41] | But… Come on, you boys are young, you’re at a Bridal Expo. | – 但 – 你们如此年轻 你们在参观婚庆展 |
[05:45] | You should be having the time of your lives. | 你们该享受大好时光 |
[05:48] | Dewey Dewey Dewey? Dewey! | |
[05:51] | What are those wires for? | 这些电线是干嘛的 |
[05:52] | You see that big spotlight up there? | 你看见外面那个大聚光灯了吗 |
[05:54] | I’m in charge of that puppy. | 我负责管理它 |
[05:56] | Do you like it? | 你喜欢吗 |
[05:56] | I really do. | 我真的很喜欢 |
[05:59] | I’d like to tell you a little story. | 我想给你讲个小故事 |
[06:06] | Are you going to let her get away with this? | 你打算就这样让她得逞了吗 |
[06:08] | You are, aren’t you? | 你就是这么想的 是吗 |
[06:10] | She’s my mother. | 她是我妈 |
[06:11] | You know the way I am around her. | 你知道我在她旁边的时候会怎样 |
[06:13] | Ok, if that’s what you want. | 好吧 如果你想这样的话 |
[06:15] | That woman may be one of the first people your new baby sees when it comes into this world. | 那女人可能会是你孩子来到世界上见的第一个人 |
[06:19] | Smiling down at it. | 微笑着低头看他 |
[06:21] | Cradling it in her arms. | 在她臂弯轻轻摇着 |
[06:23] | All right. She’s gotta go. | 够了 她必须走 |
[06:26] | Mom, there’s something important that I have to tell you. | 妈 有件要事我一定得告诉你 |
[06:30] | What is it? | 什么事 |
[06:34] | You are a horrible mother! | 你是个差劲的母亲 |
[06:36] | You’ve always been a horrible mother! | 你一直都是个差劲的母亲 |
[06:38] | My whole childhood, you bullied me and ignored me, | 我的整个童年你都欺凌我 |
[06:41] | trivialised my feelings into nothing | 忽视我 无视我的感受 |
[06:43] | but hippurase on my sister, until I felt like I was worthless in comparison! | 却把妹妹捧到天上 显得我一文不值 |
[06:46] | Well now, she’s worthless. | 现在 她才是一文不值 |
[06:48] | I’ve got a right to change my mind. | 我有权改变主意 |
[06:50] | But just because your sister disgusts me more than you do, | 但不能因为你妹妹更让我恶心 |
[06:54] | doesn’t give you the right to talk to me like this! | 就让你认为有权利这么跟我说话 |
[06:56] | I will talk to you any damn way I want, you hateful old woman! | 我想怎么和你说话就怎么说 你这个可恶的老女人 |
[07:00] | You are leaving! Wow! | 你必须得走 现在就走 |
[07:03] | Wow! I don’t know how I finally summoned the strength to do that, but it feels great! | 真不知道我是怎么鼓起勇气的 但这感觉太棒了 |
[07:07] | Now, I’m not asking you, I’m telling you! | 我不是在请求你 我是在告诉你 |
[07:10] | Get out of my house! | 滚出我家 |
[07:12] | – No. – What? | – 不 – 啥 |
[07:17] | You heard me, I said no. | 你听见了 我说不 |
[07:19] | What do you mean, “no”? You don’t have any choice! | 你说不什么意思 你没有选择的权利 |
[07:22] | What are you going to do, pick me up and throw me out? | 你要怎么做 抬起我然后把我扔出去吗 |
[07:25] | Are you going to toss an old woman out into the street, in front of your neighbours? | 你打算在你邻居面前把一个老太太扔出去吗 |
[07:31] | Sounds good to me. | 这主意不错 |
[07:33] | You brought this on yourself, you old monster. | 你自找的 你个老怪物 |
[07:36] | You have no idea how good this makes me… | 你不知道这感觉多好 |
[07:55] | Attention, ladies and gentlemen. | 女士们先生们 请注意 |
[07:57] | It’s your clucky day. | 今天是你们的鸡运日 |
[08:00] | Chicken Dance lessons are being given every ten minutes at the Fielding Dance Academy Pavilion. | 菲尔丁舞蹈学院馆每10分钟有一次小鸡舞课 |
[08:06] | Excuse me, can I talk to you for a second? | 打扰了 我能跟你谈一谈吗 |
[08:12] | Hey, can you get me a piece with a flower? | 你能给我一块带花的蛋糕吗 |
[08:14] | I’m talking to an actual customer right now. | 我正在和一位真正的顾客说话 |
[08:16] | I’m a customer. | 我就是顾客 |
[08:17] | Yeah? Are you getting married? | 是吗 你要结婚了吗 |
[08:19] | Why, does somebody like me? | 为什么 有人喜欢我吗 |
[08:21] | Hey, what are you, about 5’7? | 你多高 有5尺7吗 |
[08:23] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[08:23] | Perfect. | 太棒了 |
[08:24] | I own a Tux shop, one of my models didn’t show up. | 我有家燕尾服店 一个模特没来 |
[08:26] | I’ll give you 20 bucks if you walk around the floor in a Tux and pass out my card. | 如果你穿着燕尾服帮我发名片 我就给你20美元 |
[08:29] | Buzz off! | 走开 |
[08:30] | 20 bucks? | 20美元吗 |
[08:30] | He’ll do it! | 他接了 |
[08:31] | Need anybody my size? | 需要我这个尺寸的吗 |
[08:35] | It’s very simple. | 非常简单 |
[08:36] | You just walk up to somebody, get down on one knee, hand them one of my cards, | 你走近一个人 单膝跪地 给他们一张我的名片 |
[08:39] | and say, “I propose that you get your Tuxedo from Manchada’s.” | 说 我求求你在曼查达麦卡斯基购买燕尾服 |
[08:44] | No problem. | 没问题 |
[08:48] | *Everyone around the world, come on!* | *世界上的每一个人 来吧* |
[08:55] | I think the accordion is very underrated. | 我觉得手风琴简直是被低估了 |
[08:58] | Yes, yes it is! | 是的 的确是的 |
[08:59] | *Yahoo!* | *耶耶* |
[09:01] | What are you doing today at 3:16? | 你今天3点16分有什么要忙的吗 |
[09:06] | Hey Sir, how about some cake? | 先生 尝点蛋糕吗 |
[09:07] | Sure. | 当然 |
[09:10] | Can I have a piece with a flower? | 我能吃块带花的蛋糕吗 |
[09:11] | No. | 不 |
[09:11] | You get one with a flower, and a little lemon bee on it. | 你可以吃块带花的蛋糕 上面还有个柠檬小蜜蜂 |
[09:20] | Mom, wake up. | 妈 醒醒 |
[09:21] | Take the children! Just let me live! | 带走那些孩子 让我活下去吧 |
[09:24] | Remember, I didn’t want to do this. | 记住 我本不想这么做 |
[09:26] | Do what? | 做什么 |
[09:27] | That’s the Police. | 警察来了 |
[09:28] | You see what you’ve driven me to? | 看看你把我逼到了什么地步 |
[09:30] | I’ve actually called the Police on my own mother. | 我竟然叫警察来捉我亲生母亲 |
[09:32] | They’re here to cart you away! | 他们来抓你走 |
[09:35] | How could you do this to me? | 你怎么能这样对我 |
[09:37] | After everything I’ve done for you, we’re family for God’s sakes! | 我为你做了那么多 上天作证我们可是一家人 |
[09:41] | Good, you’re here. | 太好了 你们来了 |
[09:42] | That’s them, get ’em out of here. | 就是他们 把他们带走 |
[09:44] | What?! | 啥 |
[09:45] | They’ve been stealing from me. | 他们偷我的东西 |
[09:46] | I want them out of my house! | 我要他们离开我的房子 |
[09:48] | Wait a minute, no, this is MY house! | 慢着 这可是我的房子 |
[09:50] | Folks, let’s just slow down. | 各位 咱们慢点说 |
[09:52] | I have the deed. | 我有房契 |
[09:53] | It’s in the Safety Deposit Box at the Valley Federal Bank. | 在山谷联邦银行的保险箱里 |
[09:56] | Number 24866, you can check. | 24866号 你可以去查查 |
[09:58] | No, I have the deed! | 不 房契在我这 |
[10:00] | It’s, it’s uh, in a shoebox, it’s under my be… | 在 在一个鞋盒里 在我的 |
[10:04] | well, I don’t know where it is, but this is MY house! | 好吧 我也不知道在哪 但这是我的房子 |
[10:07] | You devious, ungrateful girl! | 你这个狡诈的 忘恩负义的女人 |
[10:09] | She’s done nothing but lie since the day I took her in! | 自从我接纳她后 她除了撒谎啥都没干 |
[10:12] | And her big boyfriend thinks he’s so tough. | 还有她男友 自以为很强壮 |
[10:16] | How tough is it to hit an old woman? | 打老太太是哪种能耐 |
[10:20] | You dirty old… | 你这个卑鄙的老 |
[10:22] | This is what she does. | 她就这么奸诈 |
[10:23] | You have to stop her. | 你们一定要阻止她 |
[10:25] | You have to stop her! | 你一定要阻止她 |
[10:28] | As I was saying, she is a very clever woman. | 就像我说的 她是个非常聪明的女人 |
[10:30] | And if you know her as I do, you too would be suspicious of her story. | 如果你像我一样了解她 你也会质疑她的故事 |
[10:34] | And on Monday, when the bank opens, | 等星期一银行开门的时候 |
[10:36] | whoever actually has the deed can go get it. | 拥有房契的那个人可以去取出来 |
[10:39] | Then you apply for a court order, | 然后你可以申请法庭判令 |
[10:40] | and the whole thing can be straightened out in six to eight months. | 整个事件大概花6到8个月就能解决了 |
[10:44] | You can get up now, Sir. | 你现在可以起来了 先生 |
[10:49] | And if you hurt a single hair on that lady’s head, I’ll be back. | 如果你敢动那位夫人一根头发 我就会回来 |
[10:52] | Off-duty. | 下班后 |
[11:09] | Pass the rolls. | 递个面包卷 |
[11:17] | You think that bothers me? | 你以为这对我有影响吗 |
[11:20] | Guess why your soup tasted different when you came back from bathroom. | 猜猜为什么你从卫生间回来以后 你的汤味道不一样了 |
[11:29] | There has to be some way to get rid of her. | 一定有方法能摆脱她 |
[11:31] | Well, we know she doesn’t burn. | 我们知道她点不燃 |
[11:33] | Let’s just face it, we’re stuck with her. | 面对现实吧 我们摆脱不掉她 |
[11:35] | You can’t give up! You can totally do this! | 你不能放弃 你一定能做到 |
[11:38] | I’m sorry, I just don’t know what to do. | 对不起 我真的不知道该怎么做 |
[11:39] | She’s too powerful! | 她太强大了 |
[11:41] | Every monster has its weakness. | 每个怪物都有弱点 |
[11:43] | Frankenstein has fire, Dracula, the cross. | 弗兰肯斯坦怕火 德古拉怕十字架 |
[11:46] | There has to be something that Grandma’s afraid of! | 祖母一定有她的弱点 |
[11:50] | So, what would you like me to do for you? | 有啥能帮到你的呢 |
[11:54] | Well, it’s, uh…it’s kinda hard to say, Abe. | 有点难开口 Abe |
[11:59] | Um, it has to do with my mother. | 是关于我妈妈的 |
[12:01] | Oh, I know about mothers. | 我了解妈妈们 |
[12:03] | Every time mine comes over to Sunday dinner, she always brings that pecan pie with real whipped cream. | 我妈每周日过来吃饭时 都会带有鲜奶油的山核桃派 |
[12:08] | And she knows that’s my one weakness. | 她知道那是我唯一弱点 |
[12:10] | Our Grandma’s kinda like that. | 我们外婆差不多就这样 |
[12:11] | Except she’s a wrinkled sack of hatred, | 除了她是一个皱皱的充满仇恨的布袋 |
[12:13] | kept alive only by the will to destroy. | 毁灭别人的欲望支撑着她活下去 |
[12:15] | We just want her out of the house. | 我们只是想让她离开我们家 |
[12:17] | And she refuses to leave. | 但她不肯走 |
[12:20] | And I had this idea. | 我才有了这个主意 |
[12:23] | You see, she’s a horrible bigot. | 她有严重的种族歧视 |
[12:26] | I mean, she’s terrified of, black people. | 我是说 她害怕 黑人 |
[12:31] | Oh. What do you want me to… | 你想让我 |
[12:36] | Oh, I see… | 我知道了 |
[12:39] | b-b-because I’m…you want me to…well, I suppose I… | 因为我是 你想我 我想我 |
[12:47] | Really? | 真要这么做吗 |
[12:49] | I’d do it, but I’m not dark enough. | 我想做 但我不够黑 |
[12:51] | I’d just annoy her. | 我只会让她烦心 |
[13:00] | And then I said, “Orange you glad I didn’t say banana?” | 然后我说 高兴吗桔子我没说香蕉 |
[13:07] | Hey. I found these in the trash. | 我在垃圾桶找到这些 |
[13:10] | Can we discuss this later, I’m with friends. | 我们晚点说可以吗 我这有朋友在呢 |
[13:12] | Give me the Tux. | 把燕尾服还我 |
[13:14] | What? | 啥 |
[13:15] | No. | 不 |
[13:16] | I like this Tux. | 我喜欢这件燕尾服 |
[13:17] | It’s mine. | 它是我的 |
[13:18] | It’s not yours, now give it back or I’ll call Security. | 它不是你的 还给我 不然我叫保安了 |
[13:21] | Hey, I’m over there! | 嘿 我在那 |
[13:23] | Hey, you… Hey! | 你这个 喂 |
[13:25] | Tell me which one you like. | 告诉我你喜欢哪个 |
[13:26] | Be honest. | 老实说 |
[13:27] | Dad, I just want to know. Do you have any kind of financial plan at all?! | 爸 我只想知道你有没有任何财政计划 |
[13:31] | Any plan about anything?! | 有关任何事的任何财政计划 |
[13:32] | Malcolm, I’m telling you for the last time. | Malcolm 我跟你说最后一次 |
[13:33] | Stop worrying about money. | 不要再担心钱了 |
[13:35] | Hey, I do your taxes. | 是我给你做的税 |
[13:36] | I know what you and Mom make! | 我知道你和妈妈挣多少钱 |
[13:38] | I know how much you’re spending and I have a pretty good idea how much it costs to have a baby. | 我知道你花多少钱 我也知道养个孩子要花多少钱 |
[13:41] | You guys are going to be at least 70 bucks in the hole every month. | 你们每月都会有至少70美元的缺口 |
[13:44] | By the time the baby starts school, you’re going to be $18,000 in debt. | 等孩子开始上学 你们会欠债1万8000美元 |
[13:47] | And that’s where they’ll cut you off. | 银行会停掉你们的账户 |
[13:49] | You’re going to be bankrupt and ruined! | 你会破产 然后就完蛋了 |
[13:51] | Something will come up. | 车到山前必有路 |
[13:52] | You can’t keep saying that! | 你不能一直这么说 |
[13:53] | Fine. | 好了 |
[13:54] | I’m a failure as a father. | 我是个失败的父亲 |
[13:56] | I’m a terrible provider. | 我是个糟糕的一家之主 |
[13:57] | Is that what you want to hear?! | 这就是你想听的吗 |
[13:58] | No. But I have a way to fix it. | 不 但我有个办法解决 |
[14:03] | What’s this? | 这是啥 |
[14:05] | It’s from the Martindale Academy. | 这是马丁代尔学院的通知书 |
[14:07] | It’s this amazing Prep School. | 是一所非常棒的预科学校 |
[14:10] | But it’s in London. | 但在伦敦 |
[14:12] | They’re offering me a complete scholarship. | 他们给我提供全额奖学金 |
[14:15] | Tuition, housing, everything. | 学费 住宿费 所有的钱 |
[14:18] | If I’m not home, you just might make it. | 如果我不在家 你可能就能熬过去 |
[14:23] | I’m totally willing to do it. | 我很愿意这么做 |
[14:27] | Absolutely not! | 当然不行 |
[14:29] | You don’t get to leave! | 你不能走 |
[14:31] | – But… – Malcolm, you’re our only hope! | – 但 – Malcolm 你是我们唯一的希望 |
[14:34] | Hold this. | 拿着 |
[14:34] | Sure. | 好的 |
[14:35] | Now, let me explain something to you. | 我给你解释一下 |
[14:36] | Whenever your mother or I say something will come up | 每当你妈我俩说 车到山前必有路 |
[14:39] | or things will work out, . | 或桥到船头自然直的时候 |
[14:41] | that is our code for “Malcolm will think of something” | 是Malcolm会想到解决方法的意思 |
[14:44] | – But… – We need you. | – 但 – 我们需要你 |
[14:45] | The family is only a family as long as we all stick together. | 只有当家人都在一起的时候 家才是家 |
[14:52] | Where’s Dewey? | Dewey去哪了 |
[14:59] | Ladies and gentlemen, if you’ll please turn your attention to the man with the balloon, | 女士们先生们请注意拿气球的男士 |
[15:03] | and listen to the following heart-wrenching story. | 准备好听一个心碎的故事 |
[15:09] | Hello. My name is Dewey. | 大家好 我叫Dewey |
[15:12] | And the man with the balloon is my father, Hal. | 拿气球的人是我父亲 Hal |
[15:15] | Dewey? Where are you? | Dewey 你在哪 |
[15:19] | See, I’m the youngest of four kids. | 我是四个孩子里最小的一个 |
[15:21] | And I always get the short end of everything. | 每件东西都没我的份 |
[15:24] | I’ve never had a hot shower, or a bed to myself. | 我从没洗过热水澡 或拥有一张自己的床 |
[15:27] | I’m the third person to wear this underwear. | 我是这件内衣的第三个主人 |
[15:30] | And yet, I’ve never complained. | 但至今 我还没抱怨过 |
[15:33] | Dewey, what is this about?! | Dewey 这是干嘛 |
[15:35] | Even when my parents decided to have another baby, | 就算我父母决定再要个孩子 |
[15:39] | I was happy to share what little I have. | 我也乐意分享我拥有的那一丁点儿 |
[15:42] | And then they told me they’re inducing labor. | 然后他们告诉我他们要引产 |
[15:45] | And they picked a really interesting day to do it. | 他们选了非常有意思的一天 |
[15:49] | Do you remember what day you picked, Dad? | 你记得你选的哪天吗 爸 |
[15:52] | Dewey Dewey! | |
[15:53] | What day did you pick, Dad? | 你说你选的哪天 爸 |
[15:55] | This Thursday, now just come down from…wherever you are! | 这周四 出来 不管你在哪里 |
[16:00] | Of all the days you could have picked, you chose this Thursday. | 那么多天你能选 你偏偏选了这周四 |
[16:04] | Anything interesting about Thursday, Dad? | 周四有什么有意思的吗 爸 |
[16:07] | Would you stop this?! | 你能别说了吗 |
[16:08] | Anything at all that you can think of, that might be happening this Thursday? | 有任何你能想起来的 这周四会发生的事吗 |
[16:13] | Ok, Dewey, what is the big deal about Thursday?! | 好了 Dewey 周四到底怎么了 |
[16:16] | It’s my birthday! | 那是我生日 |
[16:21] | It is not your… | 那不是你的 |
[16:24] | Oh, God! | 天哪 |
[16:27] | Well, ladies and gentlemen, that’s the story of the little boy who lost his birthday. | 女士们先生们 这就是一个小男孩如何失去他生日的故事 |
[16:34] | If you have any thoughts or comments, my Dad would love to hear them. | 如果你有任何想法或意见 我爸都愿意听一听 |
[16:38] | Ok, I’ve got a few comments. | 好吧 我有几条意见 |
[16:40] | This would be a good time for one of those ideas we were talking about. | 这是个你灵机一动的好时机 |
[16:43] | I’ve got nothing. | 我想不出来 |
[16:46] | Thank you so much for coming over. | 非常感谢你们能来 |
[16:48] | I know this is a little weird. | 我知道这有点奇怪 |
[16:49] | Actually, I’m kind of excited. | 实际上 我有些兴奋 |
[16:51] | This is kinda like when I did “Spoon River Anthology” in Colleges. | 感觉就像我在学校表演匙河集 |
[16:55] | Do we have to hear that story again? | 我们一定要再听一遍那个故事吗 |
[16:57] | We sold out both shows. | 两场都售空了 |
[17:04] | Four pillows on one bed. | 一张床上四个枕头 |
[17:07] | This is why you can’t feed your children… | 这就是你养不起孩子的原因 |
[17:13] | Oh, hi Mom. | 妈妈 你好啊 |
[17:14] | I’d like you to meet some of our friends.This is Brain,and this is Abe. | 我给你介绍一下我们的朋友 这是Brain 还有这是Abe |
[17:18] | Nice to meet you, ma’ am. | 很高兴见到您夫人 |
[17:20] | If you’ll excuse me, I need to use, your toilet. | 打搅了 我需要用下 您的厕所 |
[17:27] | I’ve been telling Abe all about you. | 我一直在跟Abe谈论你 |
[17:30] | Welcome….to da hood, yo yo. Gettin’ all jiggly with it. | 谢谢 来到这嘎达 yo yo 大家摇摆起来 |
[17:41] | Representin’….can’t touch dis. | 接下来是 别碰这个 |
[17:47] | Abe… Chill. | Abe 冷静 |
[17:50] | Hello? Anybody decent? | 有人在吗 大家都穿着衣服呢吧 |
[17:55] | I used my spare key to get in. | 我用我的备用钥匙进来的 |
[17:56] | I hope you don’t mind. | 希望你不在意 |
[17:58] | That’s why you have it. | 这是你有备用钥匙的原因 |
[17:59] | So you can come over any time you want. | 这样你随时都能来 |
[18:01] | Mom, these are our neighbours. | 妈 这些都是我的邻居 |
[18:03] | Steve lives next door. | Steve住在隔壁 |
[18:05] | Merlik is on the other side, and Trey lives across the street. | Merlik住在另一边 Trey住在街对面 |
[18:08] | Why, Lois, you make it sound like you’re… surrounded. | 怎么这么说 Lois 听上去好像你被包围了 |
[18:14] | Allow me. | 请让我来 |
[18:26] | Well, hello. | 你好 |
[18:28] | Who is this fine lady? | 这位正点的美女是谁 |
[18:31] | So what you doin’ later on? | 你一会有事吗 |
[18:34] | ‘Cause I like that wagon you’re draggin’. | 我喜欢你的身材 |
[18:48] | Mom, where are you going? | 妈 你去哪 |
[18:50] | I can’t believe you live like this. | 我不敢相信你生活在这种环境里 |
[18:52] | I would rather sleep in a bus station. Or a dumpster. | 我宁可去睡公交站 或者垃圾箱 |
[18:56] | Well, there’s obviously nothing I can do to change your mind, but I am heartbroken. | 看来我做什么都不能改变你的心意了 我心都碎了 |
[19:00] | You only just got here. | 你才到这 |
[19:01] | I… | 我 |
[19:03] | What’s wrong with you? | 你怎么了 |
[19:05] | Nothing. | 没事 |
[19:07] | Everything is perfectly fine | 一切都非常好 |
[19:11] | Francis, you have to listen very carefully. | Francis 仔细听我说 |
[19:14] | God, I’m having a good contraction, I’m going into labor. | 天啊 我刚才子宫收缩了 我要生了 |
[19:17] | What?! | 啥 |
[19:17] | I have got to get to the hospital. | 我得去医院 |
[19:19] | And you have got to get your grandmother out of here, now! | 送外婆走 现在就去 |
[19:22] | Come on Ida, let me help you. | 来吧Ida 让我帮你 |
[19:24] | Don’t you have rain dance to do? | 你不需要跳祈雨舞吗 |
[19:26] | Bye, Mom. | 再见 妈妈 |
[19:27] | Great to see you. | 很高兴见到你 |
[19:28] | Have a safe trip. | 一路顺风 |
[19:29] | Don’t forget to call us whenever you get to… wherever! | 去到哪都别忘了给我们打个电话 |
[19:40] | Maybe I stay a few more minutes. | 我或许该多待几分钟 |
[19:51] | Dewey, I hope you’re happy! | Dewey 这回你高兴了吧 |
[19:53] | I thought I would be, but not this much. | 我知道我会很高兴 但没想到会这么高兴 |
[19:55] | Find Reese and get out of here. | 找到Reese咱们就走 |
[19:58] | Why is my cellphone off? | 我电话怎么关了 |
[20:00] | 68 messages?! | 68条信息 |
[20:02] | The contractions started at 3:27. | 3点27分子宫收缩开始 |
[20:05] | Oh, This one can tell time. | 哟 这位能看懂时钟 |
[20:09] | Hello? | 喂 |
[20:10] | Oh, hello, Hal… | 喂 Hal |
[20:13] | Oh, no, I’m fine. | 没有 我好得很 |
[20:15] | Now, honey, I don’t want you to get too excited, | 亲爱的 我希望你别太兴奋 |
[20:17] | but I think you should come home now, because I’m, well I’m…I’m having the baby. | 但你该回家了 因为我要生了 |
[20:22] | What?! | 啥 |
[20:23] | Ok, well, just stay calm, too. | 好吧 你也冷静点 |
[20:27] | Getting worked up will only accelerate things. | 现在着急只会加快进度 |
[20:29] | Just relax, do your breathing. | 放松 深呼吸 |
[20:32] | Where the hell is Reese?! | Reese在哪呢 |
[20:33] | What’s wrong? | 怎么了 |
[20:33] | Your Mom is having the baby now! | 你妈要生了 |
[20:35] | See, was that so hard? | 瞧 今天生有那么困难吗 |
[20:38] | Now, Hal, I don’t want you to panic. | 现在 Hal 我不想你惊慌 |
[20:40] | You drive safely. | 小心开车 |
[20:42] | There’s no reason to rush. | 没必要赶时间 |
[20:44] | Rush? | 赶时间 |
[20:44] | Come on, you know me better than that. | 你知道我不是那种人 |
[20:46] | Find your brother! | 赶紧找到你哥 |
[20:48] | So, I’m just going to make myself some tea, and relax until you get here. | 我这就给自己弄杯茶 轻轻松松等你回来 |
[20:53] | Good idea. | 好主意 |
[20:53] | You know, Camomile always relaxes me. | 你知道吗 甘菊总能让我放松 |
[20:55] | Reese! Damn it, Reese, where are you?! | Reese 该死 Reese 你在哪呢 |
[20:57] | I’m thinking of taking 6th street home, do you want me to stop and pick up some ice cream? | 我想走六号街回家 你需要我顺道买点冰淇淋吗 |
[21:01] | Reese! Where are you? | Reese 你在哪 |
[21:02] | Over here | 这边 |
[21:04] | Reese?! | 是Reese吗 |
[21:05] | I’m inside the giant violin case. | 我在这个巨大的提琴盒子里 |
[21:07] | Damn it! | 该死 |
[21:08] | Get him out of there! | 把他放出来 |
[21:09] | So, is that a ‘yes’ on the ice cream? | 所以 是要冰淇淋吗 |
[21:11] | No, I’m fine. | 不 我很好 |
[21:12] | Just come on home. | 你回家就行了 |
[21:13] | Carefully. | 小心点 |
[21:16] | Sure thing. | 当然 |
[21:16] | Honey, can you hold on a second? | 亲爱的 你能稍等一下吗 |
[21:20] | Hey, what are you doing?! | 你在干嘛 |
[21:22] | Boys! Run! | 孩子们 跑 |
[21:26] | The boys send their love, too. | 孩子们也说爱你了哦 |
[21:27] | Hey! Hey you, come back here! | 嘿 你回来 |
[21:29] | You can’t run off with my $600 Tuxedo! | 你不能穿着我600美元的燕尾服就这么跑了 |
[21:32] | We’re just pulling out of the garage right now… | 我们现在从停车场出来了 |
[21:33] | Got it on the oldies station. | 放着老歌电台 |
[21:35] | They’re doing a Beatles A to Z. | 正在从A到Z放披头士的歌 |
[21:36] | Can you think of a Beatles song that starts with Z, ’cause frankly I can’t. | 你能想到一首披头士的歌以Z开头吗 老实说我不能 |
[21:40] | Hal, you sound funny. | Hal 你听上去怪怪的 |
[21:42] | Is everything okay? | 有啥问题吗 |
[21:43] | Yeah, just turning onto Maple. | 是的 转到枫树街了 |
[21:46] | Hey, the gas station by the church stopped selling diesel. | 教堂旁边的加油站不卖柴油了 |
[21:54] | OW! Shotgun. | 嗷 我坐副驾 |
[21:58] | Oh, you wouldn’t believe the huge pothole we just went over. | 你可知道我们刚过了个多大的坑洞 |
[22:03] | Let’s go, Dad! | 走了 爸 |
[22:04] | Oh! I can’t find the keys! | 我找不到钥匙了 |
[22:08] | Where the hell are the keys?! | 钥匙跑哪去了 |
[22:09] | I’ve got ’em. | 在我这 |
[22:10] | Now let’s go! | 出发吧 |
[22:14] | Hal Hal? | |
[22:15] | Honey, can I call you back? | 亲爱的 我一会给你打回去好吗 |