时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:14] | Oh, right. | 这下可好 |
[01:04] | There, that’s it. | 弄好啦 |
[01:05] | I made your bed everyday for a year. | 我给你叠了整整一年的被子 |
[01:08] | Wow, congradulations. I can’t believe you actually did it. | 恭喜 真不相信你做到了 |
[01:11] | According to our deal, | 根据我们的协议 |
[01:12] | that means from now on, I get to sleep in this bed. | 打这以后 我就可以睡这张床了 |
[01:15] | That wasn’t exactly our deal, Dewey. | 我们的协议可不是这样哦 Dewey |
[01:17] | Yes it was. You promised | 就是这样 你承诺过 |
[01:19] | if I did it, I get to the bed everyday after that | 如果我做到了 每日都可以睡这张床 |
[01:21] | Right every day. But I still get that at night. | 对啊 每日 但每夜还是归我 |
[01:24] | – That’s not fair. – I don’t know, Dewey. | – 你这样做不公平 – 谁知道呢 Dewey. |
[01:27] | This case sounds pretty solid to me. | 这事儿我看很公平 |
[01:29] | Oh and Dewey, I don’t want to ruin it by being too specific, | 对了Dewey 我就不说太细了 |
[01:32] | but something you wear, now have some kind of creature on it. | 你穿的衣服上现在有某种生物哦 |
[01:38] | Jamie’s making such strides | Jamie的进步非常大 |
[01:40] | He’s so in touch with his emotions. | 而且还喜欢闹情绪呢 |
[01:42] | I wish I could be more like that and just cry for hours and hours | 我倒希望能像他那样哭个没完 |
[01:48] | Here’s a flyer for the “Daddy and Child” class. | 这是父与子课程的宣传单 |
[01:50] | I’ll be teaching at the rec center. | 我会在娱乐中心授课 |
[01:52] | Polly, this is the fifth flyer you’ve gave me. | Polly 这是你给我的第五张宣传单了 |
[01:54] | I’m sorry, I was just so excited. | 抱歉 只是我太激动了 |
[01:56] | It was such a revelation to me that I should be teaching. | 我竟然要教课 连我自己也惊呆了 |
[01:59] | I’ve always tried to follow my bliss, | 我总想追求属于自己的幸福 |
[02:01] | but up till now, my bliss has turned out to | 但截止目前 我追求的幸福 |
[02:03] | treacherous and self-destructive. | 总是不可信或自我毁灭 |
[02:05] | Can’t wait. | 迫不及待呢 |
[02:07] | – Do I really have to… – Yes, Hal. | – 我必须去吗 – 是的 Hal |
[02:12] | Boys, I wanted to talk to you. | 孩子们 我有话要说 |
[02:13] | I got some good news. I have been thinking, | 好消息 我一直在想 |
[02:16] | you both growing up. | 你们在一天天长大 |
[02:17] | You showing a lot more maturity these days. | 而且最近看起来成熟了很多 |
[02:19] | I think you’ve earned the right | 我觉得你们有权 |
[02:20] | to a little bit more independence. | 多一点独立的生活了 |
[02:21] | We are getting a car! | 我们要有车啦 |
[02:23] | You are bothing getting jobs. | 你们要去找份工作 |
[02:25] | – What? – What? | – 什么 – 什么 |
[02:25] | Malcolm I talked to the manager of the Lucky Aid this morning. | Malcolm 我早上给幸福好帮手的经理说了 |
[02:28] | You start there tomorrow. | 你明早开始去那里 |
[02:29] | You want me to work at your store? With you? | 你要我在那个商场工作 和你吗 |
[02:32] | Yes. Reese, since you’ve been mentioned six times | 是的 Reese 你的大名六次 |
[02:34] | by name in the security hand book, | 登上商场安保手册 |
[02:36] | you have to look for a job somewhere else. | 你只能在其他地方找工作了 |
[02:37] | But I want you in a paper hat | 不过我要你在周末前 |
[02:38] | by the end of the week. | 找份厨房的差事 |
[02:39] | Please don’t do this to me. | 求求您别这样对我 |
[02:41] | Just let me find my own job. | 让我自己找份工作吧 |
[02:42] | Malcolm, it’s already done. | Malcolm 这是板上钉钉的事了 |
[02:44] | I had to call in a lot of favors | 我为你在Young先生面前 |
[02:45] | with Mr Young for you. | 说了很多好话 |
[02:47] | You are not gonna make me look bad | 不要因为你不遵守承诺 |
[02:48] | by not honoring your commitments. | 而让我下不了台 |
[02:50] | How was my commitment? | 怎么又成了我的承诺 |
[02:51] | Because I’m your mother, and you are doing it. | 谁让我是你妈 你必须这样做 |
[02:54] | That’s final. | 没商量了 |
[02:54] | I was thinking there’s a lot of germs flying around… | 我总觉得周围有很多细菌飘散 |
[02:56] | Dad, Mom has stupid idea about work… | 爸 老妈的提了个工作的蠢主意 |
[02:58] | That’s enough! | 够了 |
[02:59] | You boys heard your mother. | 要听妈妈的话 |
[03:00] | We have always said you have to concentrate on your school work | 我们一直说你们要集中精力搞学习 |
[03:03] | before wasting your time on dead end jobs. | 以免工作后老大徒悲伤 |
[03:05] | You’ve got your whole life to work | 你们要工作一辈子 |
[03:07] | and only one chance to learn… | 但只有一次机会学习 |
[03:09] | I told them to get jobs, Hal. | 是我让他们去找工作的 Hal |
[03:10] | the value of hard work. | 学习到工作的价值 |
[03:12] | Money dosen’t grow on trees. | 天下没有免费的午餐 |
[03:15] | The sooner you two get jobs, the better. | 你们越早找到工作越好 |
[03:20] | My first paycheck, I’m buying this house | 第一份工资拿到后我要买下这里 |
[03:22] | and kick them out. | 然后把他们赶出去 |
[03:25] | As we emerge | 让我们从 |
[03:26] | from the coccon of self-doubt, | 自我怀疑的束缚中破茧而出 |
[03:28] | greeting for unconditional affirmation, | 迎来无条件的自我肯定 |
[03:31] | defeating our inner critics. | 击退内心的自我批评 |
[03:35] | And rest. | 稍作休息 |
[03:37] | See? Dadies can be just as good mommie as mommies. | 看吧 谁说爹地不如妈咪呢 |
[03:42] | I must make a quick phone call to the parole officer. | 我要赶紧给保释警官打个电话 |
[03:44] | Don’t worry. It is not about me. | 别担心 跟我没关系 |
[03:46] | It’s about one of my dads. | 是我其中一个父亲的犯事儿 |
[03:47] | But while I’m gone, | 我离开这会儿 |
[03:48] | Why don’t you do that bayby-ssage thing I showed you. | 你们可以按我教的给宝宝按摩 |
[03:51] | Babies feel stress, too. | 宝宝也会感到有压力的 |
[03:58] | Man, I am so bored | 无聊死了 |
[04:00] | I can feel my own hair growing. | 我听得头皮发麻 |
[04:01] | I should wait a couple of years | 我应该再等几年 |
[04:03] | to bound with Jamie | 和Jamie一起交流 |
[04:04] | It’s gotta to be easier when he can do | 那要比现在他只会 |
[04:05] | more than just burble and sit up. | 打嗝和坐立简单多了 |
[04:07] | Your baby can sit up? | 你的孩子可以坐立 |
[04:09] | For how long? | 能坐多久 |
[04:09] | I don’t know. 10 seconds? | 不知道 10秒吧 |
[04:11] | My baby can sit up for 20. | 俺家的可以坐20秒 |
[04:13] | Jasmine can do it for 30. | Jasmine能坐到30秒 |
[04:15] | Oh, yeah? | 是吗 |
[04:17] | Come on! | 加油 |
[04:19] | Do it for Daddy. | 为老爸争口气 |
[04:20] | Hold on. | 坚持住 |
[04:23] | One more. | 再坚持一下 |
[04:24] | Come on, baby. | 加油 宝贝 |
[04:25] | Come on, baby. | 加油 宝贝 |
[04:26] | Yes! Well done, Jamie. | 做得好 Jamie |
[04:28] | I think it belongs to me. | 乖乖把钱拿来 |
[04:38] | Hello. You reach The Grotto. Please hold. | 你好 Grotto农场 请稍等 |
[04:44] | Hello. You reach The Grotto. | 你好 Grotto农场 |
[04:46] | You are a terrible brother! | 你是个不称职的哥哥 |
[04:48] | Dewey? | Dewey吗 |
[04:49] | Malcolm and Reese do nothing but torture me all day long. | Malcolm和Reese整天就知道欺负我 |
[04:51] | My life is horrible, and it’s not fair! | 我的生活一团糟 这太不公平了 |
[04:54] | Dewey, you’re not making any sense. | Dewey 我不知道你要说什么 |
[04:55] | You are nice to Malcolm and Reese, | 你对Malcolm和Reese很好 |
[04:57] | but then you got kicked out | 但还没等我长大明白怎么一回事 |
[04:58] | before I was even old enough to know what is going on. | 你就被赶出家门了 |
[05:00] | So they got to have a good, big brother. | 所以他们受过好大哥的好处 |
[05:02] | And all I got was them. | 我却只有他们俩 |
[05:04] | Look, I’m sorry, okay? I just…I don’t live there any more. | 抱歉 但是我已经不在家住了 |
[05:07] | I don’t care! | 我不管 |
[05:08] | You have to make this up to me. I deserve a good, big brother, too. | 你要补偿我 我也应该有个好大哥 |
[05:12] | Dewey, I know this is really important,too. | Dewey 我也明白这对你很重要 |
[05:13] | But I don’t have the time right now. | 但我现在真没时间 |
[05:15] | So I’ll call you in a couple of days,okay? | 我过几天再给你打电话吧 好吗 |
[05:17] | No! Do not hang up on me. | 不行 别挂电话 |
[05:22] | Don’t you look handsome. | 瞧这俊俏的脸 |
[05:24] | My little working man’s first day on the job. | 今儿可是乖儿子第一天上班 |
[05:27] | Do not do any thing to mess this up. | 别给我捅娄子 |
[05:28] | Our whole family needs me to have this job. | 全家都需要我做这份工作 |
[05:31] | Do not worry, Mom. If it would save the whole family, | 别但心 老妈 如果这能救我们家 |
[05:32] | I won’t stock the toilet paper sideways. | 我就不把厕纸堆在过道了 |
[05:35] | Those kinds of wise and hammered remarks | 这才像话嘛 |
[05:36] | are exactly I’m talking about. | 正是我要表达的意思 |
[05:38] | Now go. You don’t want to be late for the training session. | 现在闪人 入职培训可别迟到 |
[05:42] | Hello. I’m Dale Young, district supervisor. | 大家好 我是Dale Young 区域总监 |
[05:46] | Now we’re gonna have a lot of Lucky Aide fun today. | 我们来享受幸福好帮手式的快乐吧 |
[05:48] | But there is also a lot for our new trainees to learn, | 但也有很多新受训者要学的地方 |
[05:52] | not to mention our employees who need a little refresher. | 再说我们的老职员也需要点精气神儿 |
[05:56] | What is this, Feldspar — the fifth time? | Feldspar这是你第五次来了吧 |
[05:58] | We can call it that. | 可以这么说吧 |
[05:59] | You leave the store unlocked one night, | 只是那么一晚忘锁店门 |
[06:01] | it’s like the sky fell in. | 天就这么塌了 |
[06:02] | Mr. Feldspar, I’m sure you don’t want to | Feldspar先生 你应该不想 |
[06:04] | get your fellow trainee in trouble. | 让你的新同事陷入麻烦吧 |
[06:07] | You must be Malcolm, Lois’ boy. | 你一定是Malcolm吧 Lois的儿子 |
[06:10] | Hey, tell me, | 告诉我 |
[06:11] | is Beans as much fun at home as she is at work? | 豆姐在家也像在工作时一样搞笑吗 |
[06:13] | – Who? – Hey, Dave, can you picture Beans having kids? | – 谁 – Dave 你能想象豆姐有孩子吗 |
[06:18] | Beans? | 豆姐 |
[06:19] | Now, We’re gonna start with a little instructional video, | 现在我们来一小段视频指南 |
[06:22] | and then I hope everyone has | 我希望每个在里面有角色的 |
[06:25] | their role-playing heads on. | 都把头抬起来哟 |
[06:30] | Lucky Aide– It’s another word for “family.” | 幸福好帮手是家的另一个称谓 |
[06:34] | And like a family, we all pull in the same direction | 就像一家人 我们同舟共济 |
[06:37] | towards the same goal. | 朝同一个目标前进 |
[06:40] | From the lowest stock boy | 从装货仔 |
[06:43] | to the district managers | 到区域经理 |
[06:45] | – all the way up to the president. – Is that…? | – 直到总经理 – 莫非那是 |
[06:48] | We are proud of our 95% employee retention rate. | 我们为95%的员工留职率而骄傲 |
[06:52] | You may think you’re just starting a job. | 你也许觉得这里只是踏入职场第一步 |
[06:54] | but when you join in the Lucky Aide family, | 其实当你加入幸福好帮手那一刻 |
[06:57] | you are here for life. | 注定你要在这里干一辈子的 |
[07:01] | Mr. Young said you | Young先生说 |
[07:02] | did great in training. | 你在培训时表现不错 |
[07:03] | Well, what can I say, Beans? | 怎么说呢 豆姐 |
[07:05] | Oh, I’m sorry, Beans. | 抱歉 豆姐 |
[07:06] | Did I say something wrong, Beans? | 我说错什么了吗 豆姐 |
[07:08] | Now I went to a lot of trouble to | 我费了好大劲 |
[07:09] | make sure you could work with Albert. | 才确保你能和Albert共事 |
[07:10] | He really knows what he is doing. | 他干活思路清楚 |
[07:12] | You can learn a lot from him. | 你可以从他身上学到很多 |
[07:14] | Hey, Albert! | 你好 ALbert |
[07:15] | This is my son, Malcolm. | 这是我儿子 Malcolm |
[07:16] | Nah, that can’t be your son. | 这哪是你儿子 |
[07:19] | He ain’t beautiful enough. | 他没有你的好相貌嘛 |
[07:24] | Did she just giggle? | 她刚才是在娇笑吗 |
[07:25] | Okay, now, those are empty boxes. | 这是一堆空箱子 |
[07:34] | Yes, they are. | 是 |
[07:35] | Good. Now, what you do is you take them in the freight elevator | 好 你现在要做的是把它们装到 |
[07:39] | to the basement to the box-flattening area. | 货物电梯 运到地下室压箱区 |
[07:42] | You flatten the boxes, then take them back up the elevator, | 把箱子压平然后放回电梯 |
[07:46] | go out by the loading dock, and throw them in the dumpster. | 走到装货区 把它们扔到垃圾箱 |
[07:49] | I figure, it’s about six or seven trips. | 我想六七趟就够了 |
[07:51] | Shouldn’t take you more than two hours. | 不会超过两个小时 |
[07:53] | That dumpster right over there? | 那边的垃圾箱吗 |
[07:55] | Yes. | 是 |
[07:56] | If I flatten them here, I can be done in, like, 20 minutes. | 如果在这儿压平 只要20分钟 |
[08:02] | You take them in the freight elevator | 你要把它们装到货物电梯 |
[08:03] | to the basement to the box-flattening area. | 运到地下室压箱区 |
[08:06] | No, I got it. I was just wondering if… | 我知道 我只是想说如果 |
[08:10] | I understand. | 我懂了 |
[08:11] | So I broke down the boxes right next to th dumpster, | 所以我直接在垃圾箱旁压平箱子 |
[08:13] | and saved so much time I was able to sweep out the stock room | 节省了好多时间 还可以打扫存货室 |
[08:16] | and do a whole week’s worth of returns. | 相当于省了一星期的活儿 |
[08:18] | That’s great. Sound like you had a good first day. | 干得好 看起来你第一天过的不错 |
[08:22] | What’s up? | 怎么回事 |
[08:23] | – What part of “box-flattening area” don’t you understand? – Huh? | – 你不认识压箱区这三个字吗 – 什么 |
[08:27] | You were seen flattening boxes | 有人看见你在设定的 |
[08:30] | outside of the designated box-flattening area. | 压箱区以外压平箱子 |
[08:33] | I thought I made myself clear. | 我以为我说得很清楚了 |
[08:35] | Why even have a box-flattening area | 如果你不在压箱区压平箱子 |
[08:38] | if you don’t flatten the boxes there? | 那你还要那个地方干什么 |
[08:40] | But it only took me 20 minutes so I was able to… | 但是我只花了二十分钟所以我可以 |
[08:42] | Mom. | 妈 |
[08:43] | Albert, I’m sorry. | Albert 我很抱歉 |
[08:44] | I’ll write them up. | 我会给他记过 |
[08:45] | What? But you just said that… | 什么 但是你刚才还说 |
[08:47] | You’re supposed to do as you’re told. | 你应该照说得那样做 |
[08:53] | Thanks for taking the heat off me. | 谢谢你为我挡了一箭 |
[08:54] | I forgot my shoes again. | 我又忘穿鞋了 |
[08:59] | Ridiculous! | 太过分了 |
[09:00] | You’re being completely arbitrary and asinine. | 你完全就是专制不讲理 |
[09:02] | One minute you’re telling me I’m doing great job, | 刚说我做得不错 |
[09:04] | and the next, you’re writing me up! | 接着你就记我过 |
[09:05] | You broke the rules, Malcolm. | 你破坏了规定 Malcolm |
[09:07] | Come on. | 拉倒吧 |
[09:08] | That box-flattening area is a stupid rule. | 那个压箱区是个愚蠢的规定 |
[09:09] | You know I’m right. | 你明知道我是对的 |
[09:11] | Albert is a grade-five employee. | Albert是五星员工 |
[09:12] | He has put in 20 years of service time. | 专注服务二十年了 |
[09:14] | Sometimes it’s more important | 有时候这个事实比 |
[09:16] | than what’s right or wrong. | 谁对谁错更重要 |
[09:18] | Who are you? | 你到底是谁啊 |
[09:20] | Stop being so melodramatic. | 别那么大惊小怪 |
[09:21] | No, seriously, I want to know. | 不 说真的 我是真想知道 |
[09:23] | Because the mother I know has spent her entire life | 因为我认识的妈妈整日没完地 |
[09:25] | ranting about always doing the right thing | 咆哮着叫我们做正确的事 |
[09:27] | no matter what the cost, no matter how unpopular it is, | 不论代价如何 不管有没有人支持 |
[09:30] | and now you’re standing here getting all caught up in | 而现在的你却不停地说什么 |
[09:32] | who’s a grade five and blindly obeying authority. | 五星员工 盲从权威 |
[09:35] | Honestly, Malcolm, where’d you get the idea | 老实讲 Malcolm 你怎么就觉得 |
[09:37] | that a job is supposed to be fun? | 工作一定有趣呢 |
[09:38] | That’s not what I’m talking about! | 我不是在说这个 |
[09:40] | The truth is, work is hard and miserable | 事实上工作又难又苦逼 |
[09:42] | and nobody likes doing it. | 没人喜欢工作 |
[09:44] | I have the greatest job in the world! | 我得到了一份天底下最棒的工作 |
[09:46] | You got a job? | 你找到工作了 |
[09:47] | Yeah, with Hygienic Meat Packing. | 是的 在肉食品卫生包装厂 |
[09:49] | All I do all day is cut meat. | 我整天要做的就是切肉 |
[09:51] | With knives and saws. | 用刀和锯子 |
[09:53] | There’s blood everywhere, | 那里血迹斑斑 |
[09:54] | and there’s all these guys swearing in Spanish, | 工人们全都用西语说脏话 |
[09:56] | and they pay me 12 bucks an hour! | 他们每小时给我十二刀 |
[09:58] | 12 bucks an hour? I only make $5.50. | 一小时十二刀吗 我只有五刀半 |
[10:01] | Actually, with the write-up, you’re bumped down to $3.75. | 你记过后 变成三块七毛五了 |
[10:03] | You better go finish your homework. | 你现在去做作业 |
[10:05] | Dinner’s in a half an hour. | 半小时后开饭 |
[10:07] | I’m so proud of you guys. | 真为你们骄傲 |
[10:08] | You’re so open to connecting with your babies. | 你们很乐于跟孩子沟通 |
[10:12] | If my dads were like you, | 如果我的爸爸们也像你们那样 |
[10:14] | I’m sure I wouldn’t have slept with so many men in college. | 我大学就不会和那么多汉子滚床单了 |
[10:17] | See you next class. | 下节课见 |
[10:18] | We can’t wait. | 迫不及待哦 |
[10:20] | – Bye – Goodbye | – 再见 – 不送 |
[10:23] | Okay, I’ve got Jamie to win and Kevin to show. | 我一定要Jamie赢 Kevin出洋相 |
[10:32] | – Jamie’s diaper two pounds – Yes. | – Jamie的尿布 2磅 – 太棒了 |
[10:35] | – Dokoda…two and a quarter pounds – Yes. | – Dokoda 2.25磅 – 太棒了 |
[10:39] | Jasmine Jasmine. | |
[10:43] | Four pounds? Man, that’s unholy. | 四磅 我的七舅老爷 |
[10:46] | I am so sorry I was ever disappointed you were born a girl. | 我当初不该因为你是女娃就失望哟 |
[10:52] | Reese, this meat is delicious. Thank you. | Reese 这肉真美味 谢谢你 |
[10:54] | Malcolm, you want to have another piece? | Malcolm 要再来一片吗 |
[10:56] | I don’t think I’m authorized to make that decision | 我觉得我没足够权限做这个决定 |
[10:58] | Maybe we should ask a grade-five employee. | 也许你可以问一个五星员工 |
[11:00] | Hey, I’m a grade-five employee. | 正好 我就是五星员工 |
[11:02] | Wow, I don’t get why this meat is tender. | 我不明白为什么这肉质如此鲜美 |
[11:04] | Well, that’s the thing about veal. | 秘诀在于幼牛 |
[11:06] | Imagine if you took Jamie and put him in a little box | 想象如果我们把Jamie放在小盒子里 |
[11:09] | where he would never see daylight. | 不让他见光 |
[11:10] | You don’t let him move so his muscles don’t get all tough. | 不让他乱动 这样他的肌肉便不会变硬 |
[11:13] | He’s basically blind and you force-feed him nothing but milk. | 他几乎什么也看不见 就强制性只喂他牛奶 |
[11:17] | That’s what makes him taste so good. | 这就是为什么他尝起来很美味 |
[11:20] | Hal, how did Jamie do in class today? | Hal啊 Jamie在课上表现怎样 |
[11:21] | Fine. I guess. | 还行吧 |
[11:23] | For a kid who can’t fill a diaper. | 对连尿都撒撒不满的他来说可以了 |
[11:26] | This is strange. Why would we have so many leftovers? | 好奇怪 怎么可能剩这么多饭 |
[11:37] | You hung up on me! | 你竟敢挂我电话 |
[11:39] | What are you doing here? | 你来这儿做什么 |
[11:40] | I told you. I can’t handle Reese and Malcolm anymore. | 我说过 我再也无法忍受Reese和Malcolm了 |
[11:43] | I need a good big brother before it’s too late! | 我迫切需要一个好大哥 |
[11:46] | I’m like one wedgie away from an eating disorder. | 我都快被他们逼死了 |
[11:48] | You’re here by yourself? | 你一个人来的 |
[11:50] | Francis, please, all I want | Francis 求你了 我只需要 |
[11:51] | is a few minutes of someone being nice to me. | 有人能好好待我 几分钟也好 |
[11:55] | Is that really such a big thing for a kid my age to ask? | 难道我这个年龄 提出这个要求很过分吗 |
[12:02] | Dad, Dad, Dad, calm down. He’s fine. | 老爸 淡定 他很好 |
[12:04] | I have the day off Saturday. I’ll bring him home then. | 我周六休息 可以把他带回家 |
[12:06] | You gotta give him credit, you know. | 你可要敬仰他 |
[12:08] | He got to the ranch all by himself. | 人家可是一个人来农场的 |
[12:10] | The first time you tried, you ended up in Mexico. | 你第一次来的时候 竟跑到了墨西哥 |
[12:13] | Of course, I’d be happy to carry your bags outside. | 人家当然乐意把您的包包提到门外 |
[12:16] | We wouldn’t want you to get all hot | 我们不希望您穿过闷热的停车场时 |
[12:17] | and sweaty out in the blaring heat of the parking lot. | 弄得满头是汗 |
[12:21] | Malcolm. You’re not scheduled for today. | Malcolm 今天不轮到你值班 |
[12:23] | I’m just looking for my mom. | 我只是来找我妈 |
[12:24] | She’s out back on a break. | 她在外边休息 |
[12:28] | Last night, Mom accused of me | 昨晚上妈妈批评我 |
[12:30] | being obsessive about getting written up. | 过于纠结于记过处分的事 |
[12:32] | So I stayed up all last night | 所以我一整晚都没睡 |
[12:33] | thinking up a bunch of comebacks. | 想了很多反击她的话 |
[12:34] | And I even have potential comebacks | 我还准备了好如何 |
[12:36] | to every possible comeback of hers. | 回答她可能的再反击 |
[12:37] | There is no way she… | 她没办法 |
[12:48] | After all the times you lectured us, | 在不停教导我们之后 |
[12:50] | After telling us, if we smoked, | 在告诫如果我们吸烟 |
[12:51] | you would kill us before the cancer did?! | 你会比癌症先灭了我们之后 |
[12:53] | After you would push Francis’ lit cigarettes | 在你把Francis点着的烟 |
[12:55] | back in his mouth and make him swallow?! | 塞进他嘴里让他吞掉之后 |
[12:57] | And you smoke?! You smoke?! | 你自己却吸烟 你自己竟然吸烟吗 |
[13:02] | Look, it’s not what you think. | 听着 你误会我了 |
[13:04] | When I work, I have two cigarettes | 我工作时只吸两根烟 |
[13:05] | one on my morning break, one in the afternoon. | 上午休息一根 下午一根 |
[13:07] | No more, no less. | 不会多也不会少 |
[13:08] | Who are you?! | 你到底是谁啊 |
[13:10] | You have to stop saying that. | 别这么说了 |
[13:11] | I will quit eventually. | 我最终会戒掉的 |
[13:14] | But, until then, | 但在那之前 |
[13:15] | the only thing that’s stopping your father from smoking six packs a day | 唯一能阻止你爸一天吸六包烟的 |
[13:17] | is knowing that we quit together. | 是他认为我们俩都戒了 |
[13:19] | But you didn’t quit. | 但是你没戒 |
[13:21] | But he knows I did. | 他认为我戒了 |
[13:23] | But you didn’t! | 可你并没有 |
[13:24] | He knows I did. | 他以为我戒了 |
[13:26] | You lie and you smoke. | 你不但说谎还吸烟 |
[13:28] | Oh, for God’s sake, Malcolm. | 真受不了你了 Malcolm |
[13:31] | Lois, Lois, I just remembered | Lois Lois 我才想起来 |
[13:32] | you were holding my lit cigarette in your hand, | 你手里拿的是俺的烟 |
[13:34] | and I wanted to thank you for holding | 我想谢谢你 |
[13:35] | on to my cigarettes… which are mine. | 为我拿烟 没错是俺的烟 |
[13:38] | – He knows. – Okay. | – 他已经知道了 – 好 |
[13:40] | I think I left my register open. | 哎呀 收银台没人 |
[13:43] | Okay, Malcolm, you caught me. | 好吧 Malcolm 我被你抓个正着 |
[13:47] | This has to be kept secret. | 但这不能让别人知道 |
[13:49] | So I’m going to ask you for a favor. | 所以我想要请你帮个忙 |
[13:51] | A favor? | 帮忙 |
[13:52] | You’re asking me for a favor | 在你对我见死不救后 |
[13:53] | after you totally hung me out to dry. | 你还想请我帮忙 |
[13:55] | I’m just asking for a little flexibility. | 我就是想请你学会变通 |
[13:57] | Please. | 求你了 |
[13:58] | For your father and for me, just keep the smoking to yourself. | 为了你爸和你妈 别说出去 |
[14:02] | Please. | 求你了 |
[14:05] | Yeah, okay. | 那好吧 |
[14:07] | Wow, she’s talking to me like a human being. | 她能像个正常人一样跟我说话 |
[14:09] | This can’t get any weirder. | 没有什么比这更古怪的了 |
[14:11] | Thank you, Malcolm. | 谢谢你 Malcolm |
[14:12] | Yes, it can. | 这个更古怪 |
[14:15] | I can’t believe I used to think | 我真不敢相信自己以前 |
[14:17] | that taking care of the baby was a chore. | 觉得照顾婴儿会很费事 |
[14:19] | This class has really opened my eyes. | 这课真的打开了我的眼界 |
[14:25] | Time. | 时间到 |
[14:27] | Aiden wins again. | Aiden又赢了 |
[14:29] | I knew I shouldn’t have let you have that cracker. | 就知道不应该让你吃饼干的 |
[14:33] | I’ll pay you next class. | 下节课来再给你钱 |
[14:34] | I got to go. | 我要走了 |
[14:35] | You’re not going to stick around for the suction contest? | 不留下来参加吸嘴比赛了吗 |
[14:39] | Will you take a watch? | 手表能押注吗 |
[14:41] | Don’t get too down about this probation thing. | 别对试用期发生的事感到烦恼了 |
[14:43] | This job is mostly a beauty pageant. | 这个工作就像选美一样 |
[14:46] | You know what’s weird? | 你知道奇怪的是什么吗 |
[14:48] | You get used to thinking of a person | 你已经习惯 |
[14:49] | as being so much more powerful than you, | 某个人比你更有权利 |
[14:52] | then something shifts and it becomes kind of awkward. | 接着风水轮流转 你就觉得有点怪了 |
[14:55] | Oh, my God, are you my boss now?! | 额滴神啊 你现在是我的上司了吗 |
[14:56] | – What? – This is so unfair. | – 什么 – 这太不公平了 |
[14:58] | Year after year, why can’t…? | 我长年累月地卖力 为什么不能 |
[15:02] | Nice to see one of the good guys win. | 看到好人胜出真开心 |
[15:04] | Why don’t you take a load off? I’ll go get you a cup of ju. | 干嘛不放宽心 我给您倒杯橙汁 |
[15:06] | No worries, chief. | 随时为您效劳 头儿 |
[15:34] | Malcolm Malcolm. | |
[15:36] | It’s not what it looks like. | 事情不是你看到的那样 |
[15:38] | Lois, sorry. Are you in there? | Lois 打扰一下 你在里边吗 |
[15:39] | I’ll explain later. | 我待会儿再解释 |
[15:40] | I know exactly what this looks like to you, | 我知道我现在百口莫辩 |
[15:42] | but I’m asking you for a little flexibility. | 但是我请求你变通一下 |
[15:44] | Trust me. | 相信我 |
[15:45] | Lois, where’s the…? | Lois 你见没见 |
[15:46] | What’s going on here? | 这是怎么回事 |
[15:48] | Well, I’ll have to write Malcolm up again. | 我会再给Malcolm记过的 |
[15:50] | He’s flattened another box outside of the box flattening area. | 他又在压箱区外压箱子了 |
[16:00] | The guys at work are great. | 和我共事的家伙们棒极了 |
[16:02] | I already have a nickname–Ten Fingers. | 还给我起了个绰号 十指侠 |
[16:04] | The old Ten Fingers wasn’t using it anymore. | 过去的十指侠用不上这个名号了 |
[16:07] | I’m proud of you, son. | 我为你骄傲 儿子 |
[16:08] | You’re working now. | 你现在都工作了 |
[16:10] | I feel like I could talk to you, man to man. | 我觉得可以与你聊些爷们的话题 |
[16:13] | You know, about grown-up things — expenses… | 有关成长那些事儿 各项开支啦 |
[16:17] | cheaters … | 骗子啦 |
[16:18] | Can I borrow some money from you? | 我能管你借点钱吗 |
[16:20] | Yeah. How much do you need? | 可以 借多少 |
[16:23] | Uh… how much do you have? | 你有多少 |
[16:27] | Why don’t you just tell me how much you need. | 你干吗不直接告诉我你需要多少 |
[16:32] | One hund…two… | 一百 不两百 |
[16:35] | and another hundred. | 再加一百 |
[16:38] | You might want to rinse off the bills in cold water. | 你估计该交水费了 |
[16:40] | They stick together. | 就一起给你吧 |
[16:43] | It was so cool when that guy at the truck stop | 路边餐馆那个能从喉咙里 |
[16:46] | blew the smoke ring out of the hole in his throat. | 吐出烟圈的家伙真是酷毙了 |
[16:48] | That was fun, wasn’t it? | 很有趣 不是吗 |
[16:51] | How come you’re the only good one in the family? | 为什么你是咱家唯一的好人 |
[16:53] | Why didn’t any of it rub off on Reese or Malcolm? | Reese或Malcolm怎么就不近朱者赤呢 |
[16:56] | Dewey, would you cut it out? | Dewey 别这样说 |
[16:57] | No, I mean it. You’re such a good brother. | 我是认真的 你真的是个好哥哥 |
[16:59] | I’ll bet they didn’t even appreciate it. | 我敢打赌他们都不在乎这些 |
[17:01] | Dewey! I was never like this with Reese and Malcolm. | Dewey 我从没像这样对待Reese和Malcolm |
[17:03] | I treated them like crap. | 我对他们坏极了 |
[17:05] | Way worse than they treat you. | 比他们对你更坏 |
[17:07] | That’s impossible. | 不可能 |
[17:08] | I tortured them all the time. I beat them up, | 我总是折磨他们 揍他们 |
[17:10] | I took their stuff, | 霸占他们的东西 |
[17:11] | I locked them in closets. | 把他们锁在柜子里 |
[17:13] | You know that scar on Reese’s back? | 你知道Reese背后的那个伤疤吗 |
[17:14] | That’s from a bayonet. | 那是刺刀弄的 |
[17:17] | Where did I get a bayonet?! | 我怎么会有个刺刀呢 |
[17:18] | But you couldn’t have. | 你不可能这样 |
[17:20] | The way they talk about you… They love you so much. | 他们谈论你的时候多爱戴你啊 |
[17:23] | Dewey, let me let you in on a little secret. | Dewey 告诉你个小秘密 |
[17:25] | Sometimes people love people for no reason. | 有时候爱一个人是不需要理由的 |
[17:29] | Like Whoopi Goldberg. | 比如乌比戈德堡 |
[17:31] | It’s even weirder with brothers. | 手足情更是让人无法解释 |
[17:35] | So you’re saying… | 所以你是说 |
[17:38] | I’m the only one you were ever nice to? | 我是你唯一友好对待的人吗 |
[17:40] | Pretty much. | 差不多吧 |
[17:43] | You know, you have a real opportunity here. | 你其实有个很好的机会 |
[17:45] | You can break the cycle. | 你可以打破这个恶性循环 |
[17:47] | You can be a good brother to Jamie. | 你可以成为Jamie的好哥哥 |
[17:49] | You can be the one kid in this family who takes care of | 你就成了家里唯一照顾 |
[17:51] | the younger one and looks out for him. | 和关心晚辈的孩子了 |
[17:55] | How is that fair? | 这岂不是亏大了 |
[17:57] | You’re right. | 可不是么 |
[18:00] | Trying to impress the cool kids? | 想来讨好我的吗 |
[18:02] | Hey, Malcolm. Good news. | Malcolm 好消息 |
[18:04] | The head of security told me that the surveillance cameras proved | 保安头儿告诉我监控证实 |
[18:07] | you didn’t flatten that box on purpose. | 你不是故意在那压箱子的 |
[18:09] | You’re also using too much soap in the bathroom. | 还有厕所肥皂你用太多了 |
[18:11] | Anyway, you’re off probation. | 不管怎样你通过试用期了 |
[18:13] | Wow. Thanks for going to the mat for me. | 好感动啊 谢谢你为我解围 |
[18:15] | What is your problem? | 你到底出什么毛病了 |
[18:16] | My problem is, I have no idea who you are. | 我都不知道你是谁 |
[18:19] | I thought I had this mother that was abrupt, | 我以前觉得我的妈妈冒失 |
[18:22] | and short-tempered and rude, | 脾气暴又粗鲁 |
[18:24] | but who at least would stand up for what’s right. | 但至少她站在真理这一边 |
[18:26] | That’s not who you are. | 现在的你变了 |
[18:28] | I did something nice for you, | 我为你做好事 |
[18:29] | and you act like it didn’t even happen. | 你却表现得像什么也没发生一样 |
[18:30] | You did something nice for me | 你为我做好事 |
[18:32] | because it was the right thing to do. | 是因为那是你应该做的 |
[18:33] | I’m simply making you obey rules because I’m your mother. | 我只是让你遵守制度 因为我是你妈 |
[18:36] | That’s not fair. | 这不公平 |
[18:37] | If this favor thing doesn’t work both ways, | 如果我们不能互相帮助 |
[18:40] | then why am I keeping a big secret for you? | 那凭什么我还要替你守一个天大的秘密 |
[18:41] | Why shouldn’t I just tell Dad? | 为什么我不干脆告诉爸爸 |
[18:43] | You’re not going to tell your father. | 你不会告诉你爸爸的 |
[18:44] | How do you know? | 你怎么知道 |
[18:45] | Because, Malcolm, that’s not who you are. | Malcolm 因为你不是这种人 |
[18:50] | Why do you do this to me? | 你怎么能这样对我呢 |
[18:52] | Malcolm, I know this is hard for you. | Malcolm 我知道这对你来说很难 |
[18:54] | You’re growing up. | 你正在长大 |
[18:56] | You’re sick of living under my authority. | 你已厌烦生活在我的权威下 |
[18:57] | You want me to cut you some slack. | 你希望我给你一些空间 |
[18:59] | You’re wondering when I’ll finally see you as an adult. | 你不知道我何时才能把视你为成年人 |
[19:02] | Well… that’s never going to happen. | 这个嘛 是永远不可能的 |
[19:05] | That’s just not the way it works. | 事情就是不会那样 |
[19:08] | You can move away from home, | 你可以搬出去住 |
[19:09] | you can get married, even have kids of your own. | 结婚生子 |
[19:11] | You can even become a professor of physics at MIT. | 你甚至可以成为麻省理工的物理教授 |
[19:14] | I will always be your mother. | 我依然是你的妈妈 |
[19:17] | And that’s just the way it is until one of us dies. | 这会一直持续到我们中一个去世 |
[19:22] | You want to put your head between your knees for a few seconds? | 你想要抱腿痛哭一番吗 |
[19:24] | No, I’m okay. | 不用了 我没事 |
[19:27] | Look…will you please just give me one thing? | 那求你成全我一件事好吗 |
[19:31] | Please stop smoking. | 请别吸烟了 |
[19:32] | I already quit. | 我已经戒了 |
[19:35] | Are you lying? | 你在骗人吗 |
[19:37] | Of course not. | 当然没有 |
[19:53] | Okay, Jamie. | 好吧 Jamie |
[19:54] | It all comes down to this. | 关键时刻来到了 |
[19:55] | Just do it like we practiced in the garage. | 就像我们在车库里练习的那样做 |
[20:13] | We’ve got the whole family together. | 全家人都聚齐了 |
[20:14] | We should celebrate with a nice dinner at… | 我们应该找个不错的馆子庆祝下 |
[20:26] | Pay up, suckers! | 给钱吧 废柴 |
[20:28] | You treated your babies | 谁让你们把娃娃 |
[20:31] | like they were made of glass, and now you suffer. | 看得这么宝贝 这下遭罪了吧 |
[20:35] | What are you waiting for? | 你还等什么 |
[20:37] | I want to remember that goofy smile. | 我想要记住这傻笑 |
[20:40] | Nobody’s going to be seeing that for a long time. | 它要消失很长一段时间了 |
[20:44] | Look at me. | 看我啊 |