时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:02] | Hey, Dad. | 嘿老爸 |
[00:06] | How’s it going, Mom? | 一切都顺利吗老妈 |
[00:11] | Howdy | 你们好 |
[00:12] | Three days and counting | 连续第三天了还不消停 |
[00:14] | Too bad he dosen’t have someone covering the hole in the other side. | 真可惜没人帮他在另一侧帮他把洞遮住 |
[00:23] | This is The Crystal Ship. | 这是<水晶方舟> |
[00:25] | It’s our high school literary magazine. | 我们高中文学杂志 |
[00:27] | Nobody reads it because it’s written by | 没人读它因为它就是 |
[00:28] | high school kids trying to be deep. | 一帮高中小屁孩想装深沉 |
[00:30] | And the editor is just some guy who wants to pad his college application. | 编剧只是为了申请大学而增加筹码 |
[00:33] | This month, it’s me. | 这个月轮到我编写了 |
[00:36] | Did you get… | 你收到 |
[00:37] | “The Mysterious… Forest”? | <神秘森林>插图了吗 |
[00:39] | Yes, Stevie. I got your drawing. | 是的Stevie我收到你的插图了 |
[00:41] | Is it… in? | 它被选上了吗 |
[00:42] | Yes. I told you. | 是的我告诉过你 |
[00:44] | Nothing gets rejected. | 还没有什么被回绝过 |
[00:45] | It doesn’t matter how self-indulgent or boring | 无论它是多放纵多无聊 |
[00:48] | or childish or stupid or painful it is. | 多幼稚多愚蠢多悲情 |
[00:50] | If it can be stapled, it’s in. | 只要能被装订 就能入选 |
[00:52] | Why do you care? | 你为何这么在意 |
[00:53] | Our advisor doesn’t even care. | 我们指导老师都不在乎 |
[00:58] | I have to go. | 我得走了 |
[01:00] | I need to help Principal Block with…something. | 我得去给校长Block帮点忙 |
[01:08] | Ronnie and I have written stories that we want to submit. | Ronnie和我写了些故事想交给你 |
[01:11] | We demand that you embrace our vibrant female voices. | 准备迎接充满活力的女生心声吧 |
[01:16] | So you better print them, okay? | 你最好把它们印出来听到了吗 |
[01:18] | Okay. You got it. | 好的 入选了 |
[01:24] | You are going to read them first, aren’t you? | 你要先读下它们不是吗 |
[01:27] | Yeah, okay. | 好吧 |
[01:32] | Oh, my God. | 额的妈啊 |
[01:34] | It’s been so long, I didn’t think it was possible. | 我太久没有遇到这种文章了 |
[01:37] | This story is, | 这个故事简直是 |
[01:39] | is… | 是 |
[01:40] | What’s the word? | 该用什么词来形容呢 |
[01:43] | Good? | 好 |
[01:44] | Yes! Ronnie, your story is fantastic! | 对 Ronnie 你的故事太精彩了 |
[01:46] | I love the ending. | 我太爱这个结尾 |
[01:47] | What about mine? | 我的呢 |
[01:49] | “The Frog Who Was Too Good For The World”? | <这个世界不配有青蛙> |
[01:50] | It’s crap. | 太垃圾了 |
[01:52] | Well, maybe it was over your head. | 也许这已经超出了你的欣赏水平 |
[01:54] | The frog is you, the snake is your dad, | 这里你是青蛙你爸是蛇 |
[01:56] | and the moon is the dope you like on the football team. | 月亮是你喜欢的那个在足球队的傻缺 |
[01:58] | Lewis is not a dope. | Lewis不是傻缺 |
[01:59] | “Car Crash”? | <车祸> |
[02:00] | Yeah. There’s this really pretty girl who, | 是的有个天仙似的美女 |
[02:02] | whenever she walks down the street, guys yell filthy stuff at her, | 她一走在路上 就会有男生们对她污言秽语 |
[02:05] | so she trains herself to ignore them. | 于是她刻意让自己忽视他们 |
[02:06] | The “pretty” part’s not important. | 是不是天仙才不是重点 |
[02:08] | So, one day, after she’s trained herself, she’s crossing the street, | 于是在她学会自我把持后的某天 她正过马路呢 |
[02:11] | and this construction worker yells out, | 建筑工人对她大喊 |
[02:13] | “Hey, lady!” She doesn’t turn around, | “嘿美女” 她并没有回头 |
[02:15] | but he’s really trying to warn her there’s a car coming. | 但那人只是想提醒她有车来了 |
[02:17] | She ignores him, and she gets splattered all over the pavement! | 她还是无视他 结果她鲜血四溅于路上 |
[02:21] | Men… | 男人啊 |
[02:22] | are pigs. | 就是猪 |
[02:26] | Did you hear? | 听说了吗 |
[02:27] | The plant-watering lady is going to testify before the S.E.C.! | 浇花大妈要在证劵交易委员会前作证 |
[02:30] | My God! They’re going after everybody. | 天啊他们真是谁都不放过 |
[02:32] | And the new supervisor starts today. | 新管理员今天来 |
[02:34] | She’s only here to make cuts and fire people. | 她就是要来裁员炒人的 |
[02:36] | Lots of people. | 好多好多人 |
[02:39] | Oh, my God! Here she comes! | 天啊她来了 |
[02:50] | Come on! Come on! | 快啊快啊 |
[02:53] | Come on! | 快啊 |
[02:54] | – Hal, right? – Yes! | – 你是Hal吗 – 是我 |
[02:57] | Now. We took an extra trip around the revolving | 我们今早一起逛逛这个人员即将 |
[03:00] | doors together this morning. | 发生翻天覆地变动的公司吧 |
[03:02] | – Yeah… – Looks like you’re the only one here who doesn’t run away from me. | – 好诶 – 看来你是这儿唯一不躲着我的人 |
[03:05] | Well, you can’t run forever, eh? | 你躲不了一辈子 对吧 |
[03:09] | Look, I know this whole situation is awkward, | 听着我知道整个情境有些尴尬 |
[03:12] | But I’m going to do my best to make everyone here feel respected. | 但我会尽全力让这儿的每个人都被尊重 |
[03:17] | Thank you, Nell. | 谢谢你 Nell |
[03:18] | Especially the one with great-looking hands. | 尤其是像你有双这么精致的手 |
[03:23] | She was touching me exactly like this! | 她就像这样地摸我手 |
[03:25] | She was practically drooling over my sexy hands. | 她几乎都快把口水流在我性感小手上 |
[03:28] | And then,later this morning, she asked me if I thought her butt was big. | 今早晚些时候她还问我她臀部丰满不 |
[03:31] | And it wasn’t. It was perfect! | 它不仅丰满简直完美 |
[03:34] | It wasn’t an innocent request for information, Lois. | 这不是个单纯的你问我答 Lois |
[03:36] | If your butt was as perfect as hers, believe me, you’d know it! | 如果你臀部和她一样完美就会知道 这根本不需要问 |
[03:41] | What am I going to do? | 我该怎么办 |
[03:43] | Well, were you mean to her? | 那你对她反感吗 |
[03:46] | No. Why? | 不 怎么了 |
[03:48] | You don’t want to antagonize her. | 你不想与她为敌 |
[03:50] | She’s the new boss. | 她是你的新老板 |
[03:51] | She decides who comes and who goes. | 她决定谁留谁走 |
[03:53] | What are you saying? | 你想表达什么 |
[03:54] | I am saying that it wouldn’t hurt for you to be… nice. | 我只是说顺从她点也不损失什么 |
[03:59] | That’s all. Hal, I’m not asking you to do anything. | 仅此而已Hal 我没让你做其它的 |
[04:02] | It’s just if she flirts with you again, | 只是她再调戏你时 |
[04:05] | just don’t burst her bubble. | 不要去拆穿她 |
[04:08] | Lois Lois! | |
[04:11] | Oh, all right! | 哦 好吧 |
[04:12] | You can make me flirt with this beautiful woman, | 你可以强迫我跟那美女调情 |
[04:14] | but you can’t make me like it. | 但你不能勉强我享受那过程 |
[04:16] | I can make you do anything I want. | 啥事我都能强迫你做 |
[04:18] | You’re right. | 你是对的 |
[04:20] | GO! | 来吧 |
[04:27] | You know why I beat you? | 你知道我为何扳倒你了吗 |
[04:28] | ‘Cause you outweigh me by, like, 50 pounds? | 因为你比我重大概50磅 |
[04:31] | No. Because my mind is stronger than yours. | 不是 是因为我的意志力比你强 |
[04:33] | What? | 什么 |
[04:34] | All your Matrix guys and your Yodas and your Karate Kids do | 无论是骇客 尤达 还是功夫小子都是 |
[04:38] | what they do with their minds, | 靠着意志力行事 |
[04:40] | not their bodies. | 而不是他们的身体 |
[04:42] | I beat you in here before I ever beat you there. | 我在意志力上打败了你 你才败了 |
[04:47] | You’re just messing with me again. | 你又是在耍我 |
[04:49] | I don’t believe you. | 我才不信你呢 |
[04:51] | You’re not sure if you do or you don’t. | 你都不确定你的心 到底信不信我 |
[04:57] | This is soil. | 这是土壤 |
[04:58] | Soil is alive. | 土壤是有生命力的 |
[05:00] | It is sensitive to the rhythm of who you truly are. | 它能感知自我本身规律的变化 |
[05:03] | This is a seed. | 这是种子 |
[05:05] | Within it lies sleeping the soul of a plant. | 它里面沉睡着一株植物之魂 |
[05:09] | Together they make a test that was taught to Shaolin ninjas millions of years ago. | 放在一起成了几百年前给少林弟子参悟的重要课题 |
[05:14] | If you can keep your hand like this until the seed sprouts, | 如果你的手能保持这样直到种子发芽 |
[05:17] | then you will have developed the source of all power. | 那你就获得了万能之源 |
[05:20] | If this is real, then why are you teaching it to me? | 如果这是真的 那你为何教给我 |
[05:23] | ‘Cause I’m a jerk, and I know you’ll fail. | 因为我是个混蛋 并且知道你注定失败 |
[05:26] | Or maybe… | 或许 |
[05:27] | just once… | 就这一次 |
[05:30] | I’m letting you in on the secret of life itself. | 我把你带入了生命之秘殿堂 |
[05:37] | What’s he doing out there? | 他在外面干什么呢 |
[05:39] | I put a rock in his hand. | 我在他手里放了块石头 |
[05:40] | He’s trying to make it grow. | 他在设法让它发芽 |
[05:43] | Oh, here you are, Francis. | 你在这儿啊 Francis |
[05:45] | What’s this? | 这是什么 |
[05:47] | An invitation for you and Piama. | 你和Piama的请帖 |
[05:49] | Otto and I are celebrating our 25th wedding anniversary! | Otto和我要庆祝25周年结婚纪念日 |
[05:51] | You’re kidding. That’s great. | 真的吗 真好 |
[05:53] | Oh, I wish I could chop you up in a million pieces | 我真希望我能把你切成无数块 |
[05:57] | so that I could share you with the rest of the world. | 这样我就能和整个世界分享美好的你了 |
[06:01] | Oh, you are so romantic, my big Bavarian monkey face. | 你真太浪漫了 我的大巴伐利亚猴 |
[06:08] | – Francis, I am in so much trouble. – What’s wrong? | – Francis 我这下麻烦大了 – 怎么了 |
[06:10] | I just found out what Gretchen is getting me for our anniversary. | 我刚发现Gretchen我买的结婚纪念日礼物 |
[06:14] | She knows how much I love cuckoo clocks, | 她知道我有多喜欢布谷鸟钟 |
[06:17] | so she called a factory in Innsbruck and | 她给因斯布鲁克的一家工厂打电话 |
[06:19] | somehow convinced them to handcraft a cuckoo clock with | 不知怎么说服他们做了个手工布谷鸟钟 |
[06:24] | a little Otto and a little Gretchen that come out and kiss every hour. | 里面是小Otto和小Gretchen每小时亲一下报时 |
[06:28] | What’d you get her? | 你给她买了什么 |
[06:29] | Some Dust buster filters and a bracelet I saw on QVC. | 一些除尘剂和一个我在QVC(美国购物台)看到的手镯 |
[06:34] | You have a week. | 你有一周时间 |
[06:36] | Is there anything you know she likes? | 你知道她喜欢什么吗 |
[06:37] | Well, she always wished that I could learn to waltz. | 她总希望我能学华尔兹 |
[06:41] | Really? That’s great. I know how to waltz. | 真的吗 太好了 我会跳华尔兹 |
[06:43] | I learned in military school. | 我在军校学的 |
[06:44] | Taken girls to cotillions | 常带女生去跳交际舞 |
[06:46] | I can totally teach you. | 我完全可以教会你 |
[06:47] | Oh, no, no, no, Francis, I am a terrible dancer. | 不不不 Francis 我跳的极烂 |
[06:50] | I tried it at our wedding; I stepped on her foot. | 我在我们的婚礼上试过 然后踩了她的脚 |
[06:52] | – You can’t let a little thing… – I broke it in three places. | – 你不能让这小事… – 踩断了三根脚骨 |
[06:54] | – But… – Then I ripped off her dress. | – 但 – 接着踩掉了她的裙子 |
[06:56] | Her railin haunt out for 200 people to see | 两百人看到了她蹦出来的大屁股 |
[06:59] | Then I got into a fist fight with her father | 然后我跟岳父打了起来 |
[07:01] | We spent the night in jail | 洞房夜在监狱度过 |
[07:04] | The only sweat is a little delicate looking | 在里头的诀窍是要装无辜 |
[07:06] | Otto, Otto… I am sure I can teach you to waltz. | Otto 没关系 我确定能教会你华尔兹 |
[07:09] | I don’t know… | 我真不确定啊 |
[07:11] | Oh, goodie! Look! | 哦亲爱的 看 |
[07:13] | It’s the bracelet I ordered from QVC. | 这是我从QVC买来的镯子 |
[07:16] | Do you like it? | 你喜欢吗 |
[07:17] | Yeah, oh, yeah. | 太喜欢啦 |
[07:19] | I’ll meet you in the barn at 10:00. | 我十点在谷场等你 |
[07:24] | What the hell is this? | 这是什么鬼东西 |
[07:25] | It’s “Car Crash.” It’s a story for the literary magazine. | <车祸> 文学杂志中的一篇小说 |
[07:28] | It’s pornography. | 这是情色小说 |
[07:29] | How is it pornography? | 它怎么情色了 |
[07:31] | “The construction worker yelled out (bleep) my (bleep).” | “建筑工人大喊 [哔]我的[哔]” |
[07:37] | “(Bleep) my (bleep).” | “[哔]我的[哔]” |
[07:40] | It’s supposed to be offensive. | 这里的设定就是要这样的 |
[07:42] | That’s the whole point of the story. | 这是小说的精髓 |
[07:44] | It’s a literary device. | 这是文学修饰 |
[07:45] | There’s nothing literary about “(bleep) my (bleep)”! | [哔]我的[哔] 没有任何文学性可言 |
[07:49] | Parents don’t want their children reading “(bleep) my (bleep)”. | 父母绝不希望自己的孩子读 [哔]我的[哔] |
[07:59] | Our forefathers did not lay down their lives on San Juan Hill for “(bleep) my (bleep)”! | 前人在圣胡山之役牺牲可不是为了”[哔]我的[哔]” |
[08:08] | Now, you either kill this story or replace all the dirty words with asterisks. | 要不封杀这小说 要不用星号代替脏话 |
[08:14] | That’s just stupid. | 这么做愚蠢之极 |
[08:15] | What’s the point of bleeping out words? | 消掉这些脏话有什么用 |
[08:17] | Everyone knows what they are anyway. | 谁都知道它们指代什么 |
[08:18] | Besides Mrs.shars says it’s ok. | 再说shars女士说这可以 |
[08:20] | Sometimes Mrs.shars doesn’t know when to keep hers mouth shut. | 有时shars女士不知道何时该闭嘴 |
[08:26] | Just do it! | 照做 |
[08:29] | This is censorship! | 这是审查制度 |
[08:31] | Call… | 打给 |
[08:32] | the A.C.L.U… | 美国人权协会 |
[08:35] | and sue… their ass. | 告死他们 |
[08:38] | Yes! We can testify in poetry! | 没错 我们可以用诗歌做证 |
[08:41] | I’m not going to call the A.C.L.U. for Crystal Ship. | 我不会为了<水晶方舟>给美国人权协会打电话 |
[08:44] | Just because it’s under attack doesn’t mean it’s not lame. | 虽然它饱受攻击 但它还是很蠢啊 |
[08:48] | What’s wrong? | 怎么了 |
[08:49] | Nothing. | 没什么 |
[08:50] | It’s okay. It is stupid. | 没事 挺蠢的 |
[08:53] | You don’t have to get… | 你无需沮… |
[08:54] | Look… you have people thinking you’re smart and creative all the time. | 嘿 大家一直觉得你聪明有创意 |
[08:58] | I just got excited that people would think that about me for a change. | 我也想让大家这么想我一下 |
[09:02] | Like I said, it’s stupid. | 像我说的 这很蠢 |
[09:07] | That is an outrage! | 这可真是怒不可赦 |
[09:09] | – Where is this high school, Iran? – It’s okay. | – 这是哪所高中 伊拉克的吗 – 没什么 |
[09:11] | I don’t want to do anything; I just wanted some information. | 我不想采取什么行动 只想了解下 |
[09:13] | You want information? | 你只是想了解下 |
[09:14] | The Constitution exists. | 国家还有宪法呢 |
[09:16] | Your teachers might as well take a leak on the American flag. | 你们老师倒不如直接在星条旗下撒泡尿 |
[09:19] | which actually is a case I defended, but that’s not the point. | 这确是我辩护过的案件 但这不是重点 |
[09:21] | If these fascists need a lawsuit to wake them up, then… | 如果把这些法西斯送上法庭 才能唤醒他们 |
[09:23] | Malcolm, what’s the name of your school? | Malcolm 你的学校是 |
[09:26] | My school? It doesn’t have a name… | 我的学校 它没有名字 |
[09:28] | and I’m not really a student there. | 还有我其实不是那儿的学生 |
[09:30] | I was just prank calling you. | 我给你打电话只是想恶作剧 |
[09:32] | Fooled you. | 上当了吧 |
[09:34] | That guy was nuts– I didn’t want anything to do with him. | 那家伙疯了 我不想和他扯上任何关系 |
[09:36] | I hung up before he could figure out where I was calling from. | 在他琢磨出来我是哪儿的之前我就挂了 |
[09:39] | Unless… he has… | 除非他有 |
[09:43] | Caller ID. | 来电显示 |
[09:45] | Attention, students. | 各位学生注意了 |
[09:47] | Attention, students. | 各位学生注意了 |
[09:50] | As you know, we publish a literary magazine called the Crystal Ship. | 众所周知 我校有本出版文学杂志叫<水晶方舟> |
[09:54] | We do? I didn’t know that. | 我校有那杂志吗 我怎么不知道 |
[09:57] | Well, we do. | 我们确实有 |
[10:00] | This morning, I received word that the A.C.L.U. | 今早我收到从美国人权协会的通知 |
[10:03] | has filed a lawsuit to force us to publish an extraordinarily obscene essay. | 已起诉强迫出版那篇异常淫秽的小说 |
[10:12] | The school district’s lawyers have given us a choice. | 校方律师给我们一个抉择的机会 |
[10:16] | We can either turn our high school into an adult book store, | 我们要么把高中变成个成人书店 |
[10:20] | or we can cancel all extracurricular activities. | 要么取消所有的课外活动 |
[10:26] | Therefore, the football team is hereby canceled. | 所以从此 足球队解散了 |
[10:31] | The debate team is hereby canceled. | 辩论队解散了 |
[10:35] | No, we’re not. | 不 我们不要 |
[10:35] | The drama club, canceled. | 话剧社 解散 |
[10:38] | The glee club, canceled. | 合唱团 解散 |
[10:40] | The prom, canceled. | 舞会 解散 |
[10:42] | NO! | 不 |
[10:45] | If any of you wish to find the student editor, Malcolm, | 如果你们谁想找学生编辑Malcolm |
[10:49] | and thank him for this, | 感谢他促成了这一切 |
[10:51] | you’ll find his class schedule posted outside my office. | 他的课程表就贴在我办公室外 |
[11:09] | You are terrible! | 你烂透了 |
[11:11] | You have completely wasted four entire days of waltz lessons. | 整整四天的华尔兹课你都毫无建树 |
[11:15] | It makes me sick to look at you. | 你让我觉得恶心 |
[11:18] | Otto, this isn’t helping. | Otto 这没有用的 |
[11:20] | Every time you punch yourself, we loose hours of valuable practice time. | 每次你自我打击 我们就会流失宝贵的练习时间 |
[11:23] | You just… you got to relax. | 你只要 你得放松 |
[11:25] | How can I relax when Gretchen is depending on me? | 一想到Gretchen指望着我 我就无法放松 |
[11:28] | You do not learn by relaxing. | 放松是学不到东西的 |
[11:30] | You learn by violently assaulting your problem | 而是不断羞辱自身的问题 |
[11:33] | until it surrenders its mysteries to you! | 直到它揭开神秘的面纱 |
[11:36] | I just feel like you’re psyching yourself out. | 我只是觉得你是在强迫自己 |
[11:38] | Why don’t you take five and clear your head? | 不如你休息一下 清理下思维 |
[11:40] | You take five. | 你休息吧 |
[11:42] | I shall study the videotape of our previous lessons. | 我该看看我们之前上课的录像 |
[11:45] | I will correct the problems in my technique. | 我要修正我技法中的错误 |
[12:06] | Perhaps more weight on my left instep. | 也许重心该多放在左脚背上 |
[12:08] | Otto, stop! Just stop all of this. | Otto 停下 全部停下 |
[12:11] | This isn’t work! | 这不管用 |
[12:13] | This isn’t science! | 这不是科学 |
[12:14] | This is dancing! | 这是舞蹈 |
[12:16] | Stop thinking. | 不要想 |
[12:17] | Stop watching tapes. | 不要看录像带 |
[12:19] | And take off the waltz-trainer! | 拿掉这所谓的华尔兹训练器 |
[12:27] | Feel the music. | 感受音乐 |
[12:28] | Look into my eyes. | 看着我的眼睛 |
[12:29] | But I… | 但我 |
[12:30] | But Gretchen… | 还有Gretchen |
[12:33] | Forget Gretchen. | 忘记Gretchen |
[12:35] | Forget the past and failures, the future, and its hopes | 忘记过去和失败 也忘掉未来和希望 |
[12:39] | The world is gone. | 世界消失了 |
[12:41] | Right now all that exists is you, …and me… | 现在 就剩下你我 |
[12:46] | and the waltz. | 还有华尔兹 |
[13:09] | Hey, Hal. | 嘿 Hal |
[13:12] | Tough day. My neck is so stiff. | 今天好累 我脖子好僵 |
[13:23] | So… what’s a guy like you do for fun, huh? | 像你这样地男人都去哪儿找乐 |
[13:27] | I didn’t know what to say. | 我不知道该说什么了 |
[13:29] | I don’t do anything for fun. | 我从不去找乐 |
[13:30] | Don’t tell me you just stood there for ten minutes with your mouth hanging open? | 别告诉我你就在那张着嘴傻站了十分钟 |
[13:33] | She wasn’t even listening, Lois. | 她根本不听你讲什么 Lois |
[13:34] | She was too busy mentally stripping me and dressing me in leather. | 她只是在那儿意淫扒光我 给我穿上皮衣 |
[13:37] | Boys, get out here. Dinner. | 孩子们 吃饭了 |
[13:40] | How long is this going to take? | 我这样还得多久 |
[13:42] | I had to have Billy Hawkins help dress me for gym. | 体育课我不得不让Billy Hawkins给我换衣服 |
[13:45] | It’ll grow when you stop needing it to grow. | 当你不这么想它发芽时 它就发芽了 |
[13:49] | Malcolm, where’ve you been? | Malcolm 你去哪儿了 |
[13:50] | Captain of the football team wanted to show me how he decorated the inside of his locker. | 足球队长向我演示怎么装饰他的存物柜 |
[13:54] | Yes, well, the principal of your school called. | 你们校长来电话了 |
[13:56] | He said you filed a lawsuit so you could destroy the school. | 他说你去起诉了 因为你想毁掉学校 |
[13:59] | That’s a total lie. | 他说谎 |
[14:00] | All I’m trying to do is publish a magazine full of dirty words. | 我只是想出版一篇满是脏话的杂志 |
[14:03] | Oh, and that’s supposed to make me feel better? | 你这么说能让我好受点吗 |
[14:05] | I didn’t even start this. | 根本不是我引起的 |
[14:06] | But everybody’s fighting me so hard, it makes me think I can’t just back down. | 他们不断给我压力 我不能退缩的 |
[14:10] | You always said there are principles you can’t ever give up, | 你总教育我们有些原则你不能让步 |
[14:12] | no matter what people do to you. | 无论人们怎么对你 |
[14:13] | And I’m as surprised as anyone, but I think that’s what I’m doing. | 我也很惊讶我会这么做 但我正这么做 |
[14:17] | What’s her name? | 她叫什么 |
[14:19] | Who? | 谁 |
[14:19] | The girl you’re trying to impress. | 你想取悦的那个女孩 |
[14:21] | Hope she’s cute. | 但愿她够可爱 |
[14:22] | This isn’t about a girl. | 这跟那个女孩没关系 |
[14:24] | A girl wrote the dirty story. | 写情色小说的女孩 |
[14:25] | Oh, son, you want to be careful. | 哦孩子你得小心点 |
[14:27] | A girl who writes dirty stories sounds a little advanced for you. | 写情色小说的女孩听上去对你来说太过了 |
[14:29] | That’s not what this is about. | 这跟这些没关系 |
[14:31] | Ronnie’s a lesbian. | Ronnie是同性恋 |
[14:32] | Well, maybe she wouldn’t be a lesbian if you tucked in your shirt once in a while. | 你偶尔把衬衣往裤子里塞塞 说不定她就直了 |
[14:37] | I’m just trying to help her. | 我只是想帮她 |
[14:39] | She doesn’t deserve this. | 他们不该这么对她 |
[14:40] | She went to all the trouble to express something in a way that’s actually good, | 她想表达美好的东西却引祸上身 |
[14:44] | and now she’s being silenced by a bunch of stupid, | 现在一群蠢货想让她住嘴 |
[14:46] | arbitrary people for stupid, arbitrary reasons. | 就因为一些专制者的武断的决定 |
[14:49] | And I just think it’s wrong. | 我认为这是不对的 |
[14:51] | Son, you don’t want to come on that strong. | 孩子 你别出招过猛 |
[14:53] | That might be what turned her gay in the first place. | 说不定就因为你这样她才弯的 |
[14:58] | Come in. | 进来 |
[15:01] | You wanted to see me? | 您要见我吗 |
[15:05] | What’s going on? | 这怎么回事 |
[15:06] | Malcolm, the teachers and I are not here to blame. | Malcolm 我和老师们不是要责怪你 |
[15:09] | We’re looking for a solution. | 我们正寻找解决之道 |
[15:10] | This is Mr. Mellon. | 这是Mellon先生 |
[15:12] | He’s legal counsel for the district. | 他是校方的法律顾问 |
[15:14] | It’s nice to meet you. | 见到你很高兴 |
[15:15] | Now if it were up to me, you’d just be expelled, | 如果让我决定 你已被开除了 |
[15:20] | but the district thinks that there’s a way to get everything back the way it was. | 校方认为有其它方法让事情回归原样 |
[15:23] | Good, ’cause I never wanted to fight everyone. | 好的 我从没想过反抗学校 |
[15:25] | Of course you didn’t. | 当然你没有了 |
[15:27] | Basically, son, you sign this letter. | 简单来说 孩子 你只要签了这文件 |
[15:30] | It says “Car Crash” never met the standards of Crystal Ship. | 上面写着<车祸>从来没有达到<水晶方舟>的标准 |
[15:33] | You just picked it to see what you could get away with. | 你选它只是想试试看能否逃避惩罚 |
[15:36] | It was an adolescent prank. You will apologize. | 这只是个青少年恶作剧 你将道歉 |
[15:39] | Now just sign this, and everyone gets their clubs back. | 你签了这个 大家就能回到社团了 |
[15:42] | I’m not going to sign it. | 我是不会签的 |
[15:43] | This is just a lie. | 这是个谎言 |
[15:45] | Alright, Malcolm, I wasn’t going to mention this | 好吧 Malcolm 我本不想提这个 |
[15:47] | But I make cupcakes for you kids every week. | 但我每周都给你们做纸杯蛋糕 |
[15:52] | Look, I’m not the only one affected by this. | 听着 这事不光是影响了我一个人 |
[15:55] | I agree. | 我赞同 |
[15:57] | Ronnie Ronnie? | |
[16:02] | I’d like you to sign it, Malcolm. | 我想让你签了它 Malcolm |
[16:08] | I just want field hockey back. | 我只想要曲棍球社团 |
[16:16] | Hello, there, Nell. | 你好呀 Nell |
[16:18] | – Your eyes are very pretty. – Really? | – 你的眼睛真漂亮 – 真的吗 |
[16:21] | You like my eyes? | 你喜欢我的眼睛 |
[16:24] | No! I was just told to say that. | 才不 我是被指示这么说的 |
[16:27] | I’m sure you’re very pretty, | 我知道你超级漂亮 |
[16:28] | But I don’t find you even remotely attractive. | 但我不觉得你对我有丝毫的吸引力 |
[16:30] | I’m only flirting with you because my wife is making me! | 我跟你调情都是我老婆强迫的 |
[16:32] | Wait a minute. | 等一下 |
[16:34] | I was flirting with you, and the first thing you did was tell your wife? | 我跟你调情 然后你立马跑去跟你老婆讲了 |
[16:38] | I tell her everything. | 我啥都跟她说 |
[16:40] | And she told you to flirt back with me? | 然后她让你来再跟我调情 |
[16:42] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[16:44] | Just out of curiosity, how far was your wife willing to take this? | 只是蛮问一下 你老婆让你玩多大尺度 |
[16:49] | She wouldn’t tell me. | 她不肯跟我讲 |
[16:50] | Hal, it’s okay. Calm down. | Hal 没事的 冷静 |
[16:55] | Now, the first thing you need to know is, I’m not going to fire you. | 好的首先你要知道 我不会炒你 |
[16:58] | – You’re not? – No. | – 你不会吗 – 不会 |
[17:00] | I was going to, but then Grossman and Ball got indicted, | 我本打算的 但Grossman和Ball被起诉了 |
[17:03] | and you’re the only one left in the department. | 这个部门就剩下你一个人了 |
[17:06] | I’m really glad it worked out this way for you, Hal. | 我很高兴这事就这么解决了 Hal |
[17:08] | Thank you. Thank you. | 谢谢 谢谢 |
[17:10] | Lois will be so relieved. | Lois这下放心了 |
[17:12] | Well… we don’t want her to be too relieved. | 我们别让她她太放心吧 |
[17:20] | It’s hardly noticeable. | 这几乎看不见 |
[17:22] | Good. | 很好 |
[17:23] | We can finish going over your progress reports in my office this afternoon. | 下午我们能在办公室继续检查你的进程报告 |
[17:27] | I’m on fire. | 你挡也挡不住 |
[17:31] | Malcolm Malcolm. | |
[17:32] | So, have you, uh, made a decision yet? | 你做好决定了吗 |
[17:34] | Yes. I want the clubs back. | 是的 我选择社团 |
[17:36] | So I signed the letter and sent it to your lawyer. | 所以我签了文件 给了你律师 |
[17:38] | I even made copies. | 我还复印了几分 |
[17:39] | Yeah, what’s all this other stuff? | 这些又是什么 |
[17:41] | I put the letter on the back cover of my new independent literary magazine. | 我把这份文件用作我新创的独立文学杂志底面 |
[17:45] | We made 700 copies, and we’re distributing it | 我们印了700份 现正分发中 |
[17:48] | 20 feet outside of school grounds as required by law. | 20尺校园开外 正如规定的那样 |
[17:54] | It’s called “Absolutely Filthy Smut.” It’s a catchy title. | 杂志名定为<情色十足> 朗朗上口 |
[17:58] | People seem interested. | 学生们很感兴趣 |
[18:10] | Man, from now on I’m going to ask a girl’s permission before I say, | 天 从今往后我得先征得女生的同意 |
[18:13] | “nice rack.” | 再说”胸不错” |
[18:16] | You know, I kind of wish I did put some smut in it, though. | 其实我有点想往里面加些情色 |
[18:19] | People are gonna be disappointed. | 他们会失望的 |
[18:20] | Don’t be… so sure. | 别那么确定 |
[18:24] | “The Mysterious… Forest.” Fold A… | <神秘森林>把A面折起 |
[18:28] | to meet B. | 到B面 |
[18:30] | That’s a picture of…! | 这是个… |
[18:32] | Thank you… Cinemax. | 太感谢了 深夜频道 |
[18:40] | Freedom’s… a glorious… thing. | 追求自由是件荣耀的事 |
[18:47] | Otto, this is such a wonderful party! | Otto 派对实在是太棒了 |
[18:49] | Everything is just perfect. | 每件事都那么的完美 |
[18:52] | Quiet, please! | 各位 请安静下 |
[18:54] | If everyone could stop their drunken reveling for a second. | 打断下大家的醉酒狂欢 |
[18:58] | Gretchen, my love, my life, my bride of 25 years, | Gretchen 我的心 我的肝 我二十五年来的爱妻 |
[19:04] | I have finally learned to do something that you never thought I would be able to do. | 我终于学会了件你原以为我一辈子都学不会的事 |
[19:11] | Maestro, if you please? | 请放音乐 |
[19:16] | May I have this waltz? | 我能和你共舞这首华尔兹吗 |
[19:19] | Otto Otto… | |
[19:24] | I’m sorry. | 对不起 |
[19:30] | I don’t understand this. | 俺就搞不懂了 |
[19:32] | I was doing this perfectly last night. | 昨晚我还跳得那么的完美 |
[19:34] | It’s all right, Otto. | 没关系 Otto |
[19:35] | I worked so hard to try to prove my love for you. | 我那么努力练习为了向你证明我的爱 |
[19:39] | I have the same music, I have the same boots, I have the same… | 一样的音乐 一样的长靴 一样的… |
[19:45] | Grechen! Prepare to be dazzled! | Grechen 准备大吃一惊吧 |
[19:50] | Aw, geez… | 俺的妈啊 |
[19:52] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[20:29] | What are you doing? | 你在干什么 |
[20:30] | Hopefully messing Dewey up for life. | 想用这出整Dewey一辈子 |
[20:32] | Nice. | 漂亮 |
[20:36] | Oh, my God. | 天哪 |
[20:41] | He did it. | 他成功了 |
[20:43] | You never even put a seed in his hand. | 你根本没在他手里放过种子啊 |
[20:46] | It’s like a miracle. | 这是个奇迹啊 |
[20:47] | The kid actually did it. | 这小子真成功了 |
[20:49] | This makes it so much funnier. | 这会更加有趣了 |
[20:56] | You put the lipstick on yourself, right? | 那是你自己画的唇印吧 |
[21:00] | Okay. | 你说是就是 |
[21:02] | No, I am serious. You put it on. | 不 我是认真的 是你画的吧 |
[21:06] | Sure. | 是的 |
[21:07] | Hal, you did, just say you did. | Hal 就是你画的 你说那是你画的 |
[21:10] | Okay, I did. | 好 我画的 |
[21:11] | Hal Hal. |