时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:00] | Distinguished guests, friends, members of the Press. | 尊敬的客人们 朋友们 媒体记者们 |
[00:03] | When the Fishe Defence League told me | 当鱼类保护组织告知我 |
[00:06] | that the dam on our property was blocking, | 我们的大坝拦阻了 |
[00:09] | the endangered trout from its natural breeding grounds, | 濒危鲑鱼洄游到它们的繁殖地 |
[00:14] | I was glad to help. | 本人有幸助一臂之力 |
[00:17] | And so today, we are going to blow up this evil dam. | 今天我们将炸毁邪恶的大坝 |
[00:21] | Afterwards we will have a nice light lunch, | 稍后将由Grotto |
[00:24] | provided by the Grotto | 为爱鱼人士以及差旅客人 |
[00:26] | to friends of fish and to business travelers. | 提供精美的午间简餐 |
[00:29] | Here we go. | 看我的 |
[00:32] | That’s weird. | 太奇怪了 |
[00:34] | We had the dynamite looks a lot like a picnic cooler. | 我们的炸药长得好像野餐冷藏箱 |
[00:42] | I am starting to think that it is a picnic cooler. | 我开始觉得那的确是个野餐冷藏箱 |
[01:23] | Mom and Dad let Dewey pick where we went to dinner tonight. | 老爸老妈让Dewey来选今晚去哪吃饭 |
[01:25] | I can’t decide whether it’s supposed to be a punishment for us, | 我不知道这是对我们的惩罚 |
[01:28] | or a treat for him. | 还是对他的款待 |
[01:29] | Probably a little bit of both. | 或者两者皆有 |
[01:32] | How’s the chicken supposed to know you like her | 如果你什么都不说 |
[01:34] | if you don’t say anything? | 刚才那只大黄鸡怎么会知道你喜欢她呢 |
[01:37] | Boys, food’s here. | 儿子们 开吃了 |
[01:40] | So, Dewey, are you having a good time? | Dewey 玩的开心吗 |
[01:43] | I actually am. | 当然啦 |
[01:46] | Oh, wait. Why? | 等等 为什么这样问 |
[01:48] | He’s dying. | 他要挂了啊 |
[01:49] | We have to make sure you come up with a really good wish. | 你一定要许个绝逼好的遗愿 |
[01:51] | Reese, he isn’t dying. | Reese 他不会死的 |
[01:53] | If he were dying we’d at least spring for Red Lobster. | 要是真那样我们至少得去红色大虾餐厅 |
[01:58] | Mrs Walsh, your counsellor, | 你的辅导员Walsh夫人说 |
[02:00] | said she’d like you to take an IQ test. | 她要带你去做个智商测试 |
[02:02] | What? | 什么 |
[02:03] | Do not poison your brother. | 别带坏你弟弟 |
[02:04] | He is an entirely different person than you are, | 他和你可是天差地别 |
[02:06] | and he is not automatically going to have the same experience. | 他不会重蹈你的覆辙 |
[02:09] | It’s just a little test, honey. | 一个小测试而已 宝贝 |
[02:11] | Mom, don’t do this. | 妈 你不能这么做 |
[02:12] | I lost all my friends when I went into the Krelboyne class. | 我到天才少年班后没人要理我 |
[02:15] | Everyone hated us. | 每个人都恨我们 |
[02:16] | You had every advantage in that class. | 你在那个班得了很多好处 |
[02:18] | You had computers, an electron microscope, a seismograph. | 你们有电脑 电子显微镜 还有测震仪 |
[02:21] | Which is why they hated us. | 这就是为什么我们遭人恨 |
[02:23] | Malcolm, we all know that there’s something weird | Malcolm 我们都知道 |
[02:25] | going on in that boy’s brain, | 你弟弟的脑子不一般 |
[02:36] | Excuse me. | 不好意思 |
[02:37] | – Craig! – Oh, hi, Hal | – Craig – 你好啊 Hal |
[02:39] | What are you doing? | 你在干嘛呢 |
[02:40] | Just protecting my high score. | 保持我的最高纪录 |
[02:42] | Cheaper than a gym. And no shower bullies. | 比健身房便宜 也没浴室流氓 |
[02:46] | You’re great. | 你看上去真棒 |
[02:47] | Oh, Hal, I’m kind of a legend around here. | Hal 我在这里可是风云人物 |
[02:49] | You’re staying out of the ball pit, right, Feldspar? | Feldspar 告诉过你不准去彩球乐园了吧 |
[02:52] | Yes sir, you were quite clear on that. | 是 你说得很清楚了 |
[02:54] | Hey, hop on up Hal, it’s a blast. | Hal 上来 超级好玩 |
[02:56] | Beat it, Davey. | 滚开 Davey |
[02:59] | Oh, I don’t know? | 我不知道行不行 |
[03:00] | It’s easy. Just put your feet where it says. | 很简单 按照指示跳就行了 |
[03:02] | Let’s try it. | 试试吧 |
[03:14] | Hey, this is fun. Really fun. | 有意思 真有意思 |
[03:16] | Just got him to stop the ice sculpting. | 刚让他不搞冰雕了 |
[03:21] | Well, it looks like it’s just going to be | 宝贝 看来下个月 |
[03:23] | you and me for the next month, sweetie. | 就是咱俩的二人世界了 |
[03:25] | So the school thinks I might be a genius, too? | 那么学校觉得我也可能是个天才吗 |
[03:28] | But I’m not a whiney loudmouth who complains about everything. | 可我又没整天抱怨这不公平抱怨那不好 |
[03:31] | Malcolm’s a genius, and now Dewey’s a genius? | Malcolm是天才 现在Dewey也是 |
[03:34] | I guess it’s only a matter of time | 看来发现我是个天才 |
[03:35] | till we find out that I’m a genius. | 只是时间问题了 |
[03:39] | What kind of genius I am? | 我是什么类型的天才 |
[03:42] | 15 x 32 = 3,989. | 15乘以32等于3989 |
[03:45] | It’s 480. | 明明是480 |
[03:46] | OK. So I’m not a rainman, big deal? | 好吧 我不是雨人 没什么了不起 |
[03:48] | Someday they’ll invent a machine | 反正总有一天会发明个机器 |
[03:50] | that does that stuff for you anyway. | 帮你做算术的 |
[03:54] | Ok, question 17 was, “bee is to hive | 第17题是 蜜蜂对应蜂巢 |
[03:57] | as a) fish is to pond, b) bear is to den, | 所以A 鱼对应池塘 B 熊对应兽穴 |
[04:01] | or c) coral is to reef?” | C 珊瑚对应暗礁 |
[04:03] | That’s what it was, right? | 是这样 对不对 |
[04:05] | How should I know? | 我怎么知道 |
[04:07] | You took the same test I did. | 你做的测试和我一样 |
[04:09] | Four years ago. | 都四年前的事了 |
[04:12] | How do you remember? | 你怎么还记得 |
[04:14] | I just do. And it’s a good thing. | 我就是记住了 这是件好事 |
[04:15] | Because it’s the only way | 这是阻止Dewey |
[04:16] | we can keep Dewey out of the Krelboyne class. | 去天才少年班的唯一办法 |
[04:18] | Why can’t he just tank it? | 干嘛不让他好好参加 |
[04:23] | The tests are designed to catch that. | 这个测试就是为了引他上钩 |
[04:25] | We have to give the exact same answers | 我们得选出那些 |
[04:26] | a real dumb person would give. | 真正的脑残才会选的答案 |
[04:28] | How do we do that? | 要怎么做才能办得到 |
[04:30] | Guys, guys! | 大伙 |
[04:31] | I’ve been trying to figure out what kind of genius I am, | 我一直在想我是什么类型的天才 |
[04:34] | and I finally realised, I should go to the library! | 我终于意识到我应该去图书馆 |
[04:36] | And you know what, you can get Internet Porn there, | 你们知道吗 那能搞到网络A片 |
[04:39] | and the librarians can’t do anything about it. | 图书管理员还拿你没辙 |
[04:41] | God, I love this country. Hey, Mom… | 老天 爱死这个国家 嘿 老妈 |
[04:48] | We’re doing it! | 我们做到了 |
[04:49] | And it only took all my lunch breaks | 只要午休来就行 |
[04:51] | and $200 worth of quarters! | 而且一个季度才200刀 |
[05:00] | Can’t one of you have a heart attack | 他们俩就不能心脏病发 |
[05:02] | so the rest of us can play? | 好让我们玩吗 |
[05:03] | In a second. Show time! | 马上 表演开幕 |
[05:14] | I think we’re finally ready. | 我觉得我们终于准备好了 |
[05:15] | I didn’t want to say anything until I was sure. | 没有把握我是不会说的 |
[05:17] | but I signed us up for the weekly tournament. | 我为咱俩报名了周锦标赛 |
[05:19] | No. It’s too soon. | 别 太仓促了 |
[05:20] | Hal, you don’t work this hard | Hal 你不仅仅就是为了 |
[05:21] | just to Jump, Jump Dance alone in your room. | 独自在家玩跳跳舞才这么卖力的 |
[05:24] | Besides, someone has to teach Hayley and Kylie | 得有人来教Hayley和Kylie |
[05:26] | not to be so stuck up | 别那么拽 |
[05:27] | just because they think they’re so great. | 不要自我感觉太良好 |
[05:29] | You can’t enter the tournament. | 你们不能参加锦标赛 |
[05:30] | You’re gonna look like idiots. | 你们会丢人现眼的 |
[05:31] | We’re not done rehearsing. We’ll be a lot better by then. | 我们还没排练完呢 到时我们会更好 |
[05:34] | No, you’re gonna look like idiots | 你们一定会出丑的 因为那是给孩子举行的比赛 |
[05:36] | because it’s a contest for kids. | 因为这是小孩子的比赛 |
[05:37] | It doesn’t say that anywhere. I read the rules three times! | 规则没说是这样 我读过三遍 |
[05:40] | And we’re under the weight limit. You can call the manufacturer. | 我们也没超重 你可以问生产商 |
[05:44] | If you give these answers exactly the way they’re written, | 如果你按这上面写的答 |
[05:46] | you’ll stay out of the Krelboyne class. | 你就能远离天才少年班 |
[05:48] | Maybe I’ll like the Krelboyne class. | 也许我会喜欢天才少年班呢 |
[05:50] | I hear they just got a robot parrot, | 我听说他们刚弄了个机器鹦鹉 |
[05:52] | that speaks 20 languages. | 会说20种语言 |
[05:53] | Dewey, you have to trust me. | Dewey 你要相信我 |
[05:55] | I’m the good brother. | 我是你好哥哥 |
[05:57] | I’m the one who cares about you. | 我是真正关心你的人 |
[05:58] | You beat me up and make fun of me. | 你一直揍我还捉弄我 |
[06:00] | Only when you’re being annoying. | 只有在你烦人的时候 |
[06:02] | Dewey, I’m serious. | Dewey 我是认真的 |
[06:03] | How can I make you understand? | 你怎么才能明白啊 |
[06:05] | The coolest person in the class was me. | 我已经是这个班里最酷的人了 |
[06:09] | Ok, I’ll do it. | 好的 就这么干 |
[06:12] | Are you sure this’ll work? | 这样好吗 |
[06:15] | Hey, if there’s one thing I know, | 我只知道一点 |
[06:16] | Reese’s answers will not get him into the Krelboyne class. | Reese的答案进不了天才少年班的 |
[06:21] | I’m emotionally disturbed? | 我脑残了吗 |
[06:23] | Oh, we don’t use those terms. | 我们不那么说 |
[06:26] | This isn’t about labelling. | 不是要给人贴标签 |
[06:27] | A blue folder with an asterisk next to your name | 名字边上有一个加星的蓝色文件夹 |
[06:30] | just means you get a little more special help than other kids. | 只是说你比别人需要多点特殊照顾 |
[06:33] | Hey Phil. This one’s named Dewey. | Phil 你好 这是Dewey |
[06:38] | Ok. There’s no yelling, no kicking, no hitting, | 好的 不准喊 不准踢 不准打 |
[06:41] | no physical touching of any kind. | 不准有任何形式的肢体接触 |
[06:43] | You are allowed to cry, if you do it quietly. | 你可以哭 但别哭出声 |
[06:46] | Find a seat wherever you can. | 随便找个位子坐 |
[07:03] | Hey, could you scratch my nose? | 你能帮我挠挠鼻子吗 |
[07:06] | What’s that? | 那是什么 |
[07:07] | Oh, you can ignore the sign. | 无视它吧 |
[07:16] | They put you in with the Buseys? | 他们让你进问题少年班吗 |
[07:19] | Yeah, it’s real interesting. | 对 很有意思 |
[07:20] | Today we learned about our greatest enemies. | 今天我们学有关我们最大的敌人 |
[07:23] | Mr Matches and Mr Talk-Out-Of-Turn. | 适可而止先生和按次序说话先生 |
[07:25] | Oh, and I also got to see a crane | 今天我还看见吊车 |
[07:27] | lower a Flight Simulator into the Krelboyne class. | 把飞行模拟器吊装进天才少年班 |
[07:30] | Oh my god, does Mom know? | 老天 老妈知道了吗 |
[07:32] | You’re still alive, so no. | 你还活着说明她还不知道 |
[07:34] | I’m so sorry, I swear I’ll fix this. | 对不起 我会想办法补救的 |
[07:36] | Just don’t tell Mom. Please, please don’t tell Mom. | 求你别告诉老妈 千万千万不要说 |
[07:40] | You know, I like the begging, | 你的乞求我很受用 |
[07:42] | but it needs something. | 但还是少点诚意 |
[07:45] | Better, but still not enough. | 好些了 但还不够 |
[07:50] | Dewey, this is my pay check. | Dewey 这是我的工资 |
[07:52] | There’s ninety-eight dollars here. | 这里有98刀 |
[07:54] | I will give you everything I make until you get out of that class. | 在你离开那里前我有多少给多少 |
[07:59] | Hey boys. Oh, Dewey, | 你们好 哦 Dewey |
[08:02] | did Mrs Walsh tell you when they get your test results? | Walsh女士告诉你成绩什么时候出来么 |
[08:03] | – Oh, I got them. – And he’s in the Krelboyne class. | – 我已经拿到了 – 他进天才少年班了 |
[08:06] | Just like you wanted, I hope you’re happy. | 如你愿了 这下你满意了吧 |
[08:09] | You’ve ruined his life. Come on, Dewey. | 你毁了他的生活 跟我来 Dewey |
[08:16] | Well, I’m not an escape artist. | 我不是逃脱大师的料 |
[08:22] | Ok, now that Chad has apologised to | 既然Chad已经向 |
[08:25] | Lester, Max, Zoe, Phoebe, Garth, Shell and Linda, | Lester Max Zoe Phoebe Garth Shell 和Linda道歉 |
[08:30] | we can now try once again to read Polar Express | 我们现在又可以尽可能正常地 |
[08:33] | in as normal a way as we can possibly manage. | 读读看<极地列车>了 |
[08:38] | Hanson Hanson. | |
[08:39] | Indoor muffler! | 室内用消音器启动 |
[08:43] | Ok, I want you to open this book, to page seven, and read. | 我要你翻开书 读第七页 |
[08:48] | No motorcycle. Just say exactly what’s on the page. | 别学摩托车 照着上面念就可以了 |
[08:52] | No motorcyle. | 别学摩托车 |
[09:07] | Ok, that’s enough reading. | 够了 不读了 |
[09:10] | Why don’t we try some more quiet time. | 不如你们试着安静一会儿吧 |
[09:14] | Why did you do that? | 你为什么这么做 |
[09:16] | When did you read that book? | 你什么时候看的这本书 |
[09:18] | Three years ago. | 三年前 |
[09:19] | Me too. All of us did. | 我也是 我们都读过了 |
[09:22] | They treat us like we’re stupid, | 他们把我们当傻子 |
[09:24] | instead of just weird. | 我们只是与众不同而已 |
[09:26] | This place is slowly killing me. | 呆在这里就是慢性自杀 |
[09:29] | Oh, look, we made it to recess. | 我们该课间休息啦 |
[09:35] | Jeffy, you’re not in arm’s length from Kerry. | Jeffy 你超出Kerry一臂距离了 |
[09:38] | Why don’t we have recess with the other kids? | 为什么我们不和其他人一起休息 |
[09:41] | We make them too sad. | 我们会把他们整得很惨 |
[10:12] | – Mrs Walsh? – May I help you? | – Walsh女士 – 什么事 |
[10:14] | I’m Malcolm, Dewey’s brother. | 我是Malcolm Dewey的哥哥 |
[10:15] | I have to talk to you about the test Dewey took. | 我得和你谈谈Dewey考试的事情 |
[10:18] | I’m afraid I can only discuss that with his parents. | 恐怕我只能和他的父母谈 |
[10:20] | See, that’s just it. | 是这样 |
[10:21] | I’m going to get into a lot of trouble for coming here, | 我本不该来这里的 |
[10:24] | but I have to tell you how his test came out the way it did. | 但我得告诉你他是什么状态下考试的 |
[10:27] | Our mom has a substance abuse problem. | 我们的妈妈有虐待倾向 |
[10:30] | And she had a huge relapse the morning he took the test. | 他考试那天 她旧病复发了 |
[10:32] | Oh, my god. | 天啊 |
[10:34] | Yeah, which is why she can’t find out I came here. | 这就是她不能知道我来这的原因 |
[10:36] | I don’t want to say she’s dangerous, | 我不想说她很危险 |
[10:38] | because she’s, you know, my mom, and I love her. | 因为她是我妈 我爱她 |
[10:42] | Well, wow, I can tell you really care about your family. | 我能看出来你很爱你的家人 |
[10:46] | It’s been really hard. | 我爱得可苦逼了 |
[10:48] | I’ll see what I can do, ok? | 我会尽力帮忙的 好吗 |
[10:50] | I don’t think we have to bother your mom with this. | 我们不用为此打扰你的妈妈 |
[10:53] | – Thanks. – I’ll do everything through your dad. | – 谢谢 – 我会只通过你爸谈 |
[10:55] | Thanks for the heads up. | 多谢你提醒 |
[10:58] | Wow, ten messages from Dewey’s counsellor. | Dewey的辅导员给我发了十条短信 |
[11:01] | – Maybe I should ? – Practice, so we could win this thing. | – 我是不是应该 – 练习 这样才能赢 |
[11:04] | All right. 5 6 7 8 – | 好 5 6 7 8 |
[11:06] | 1 2 3 4 1 2 3 4. | |
[11:09] | and boogie shake, boogie shake, and slide and slide, | 屁股扭扭 滑一下 滑一下 |
[11:12] | These dance shoes have really helped my Kick Turns. | 舞蹈鞋对我的舞步很有帮助 |
[11:16] | Totally worth the $150. | 这150刀花得值 |
[11:18] | – Hal. – Oh-oh, here comes Yoko. | – Hal – 你的小野洋子来了 |
[11:20] | It’s five o’clock in the morning, you’ve been up all night. | 凌晨五点了 你不要睡觉啦 |
[11:23] | Honey, I know you think this is silly, | 宝贝 我知道你觉得这很蠢 |
[11:25] | and that I’ve just gone off the deep end again, | 我也确实又沉迷上瘾了 |
[11:27] | but this isn’t like the other times. | 可这次和以往不同 |
[11:30] | I have a gift, Lois. | 我有这天赋 Lois |
[11:31] | And it would be wrong for me to turn my back on that. | 半途而废太可惜了 |
[11:33] | Right. I see we’ve entered Phase Two. | 好吧 我觉得已经进第二阶段了 |
[11:37] | Which is fine, as long as you follow the rules. | 只要你约法三章我就没意见 |
[11:40] | You have to go to work. You have to eat. | 工作吃饭不能耽误 |
[11:44] | You cannot involve the children. | 别把孩子们也扯进来 |
[11:45] | And you’re freezing the Joint Account. | 还要冻结联名账户对吧 |
[11:46] | Did it last week. | 上周就冻了 |
[11:48] | Goodnight Fred. Ginger. | 晚安 Fred 夜猫子 |
[11:52] | I thought it was Fred and Barney. | 我以为该是Fred和Barney |
[11:55] | Take your tissue, and carefully twist it, to make a flower. | 拿好纸巾 小心扭一扭 花就做成了 |
[12:01] | Then you make a bouquet by carefully stacking them. | 然后小心摆放 就成了一束花了 |
[12:06] | Go slow. This isn’t a race. | 慢慢来 这不是比赛 |
[12:08] | Why do all our art projects use tissues? | 为什么我们手工课都用纸巾 |
[12:11] | Because tissues are soft and nontoxic. | 纸巾柔软而且无毒 |
[12:13] | This way, no-one gets hurt, and no-one sues the school. | 这样没人受伤 也就没人起诉学校 |
[12:16] | This program can’t handle another lawsuit, Dewey. | Dewey 这个班再也惹不起官司了 |
[12:19] | I only get paid for four days a week as it is. | 一周我只算四天工资 |
[12:21] | But it’s ridiculous. | 但这太荒谬了 |
[12:22] | We have to do Math without pencils, | 数学课我们不能用铅笔 |
[12:24] | and we have to do History without hardcover books. | 历史课我们不能用硬皮书 |
[12:27] | Can’t we at least have some art supplies? | 难道连手工课用品都不能有吗 |
[12:29] | Art supplies mean scissors, they mean paste. | 那就会有剪刀有浆糊 |
[12:32] | These children stab with scissors, they eat paste. | 这些孩子会用剪刀捅人 会吃掉浆糊 |
[12:35] | Some of them tried to eat scissors. | 个别人还会试着吃剪刀 |
[12:37] | This one tried to stab with paste. | 这个还试过用浆糊捅人 |
[12:40] | Teachers are supposed to help their students. | 老师们应该帮助学生 |
[12:42] | Maybe you wouldn’t be so unhappy all the time | 如果你更努力一些 |
[12:44] | if you tried a little harder. | 也许就不会整天这么沮丧了 |
[12:46] | Look, Dewey, | 听着 Dewey |
[12:48] | you’re not going to make it through the year with that attitude. | 你要是这个态度的话将来可没有好日子过 |
[12:51] | You just have to take all your hopes and dreams and let them die. | 你得打消你所有希望和梦想 |
[12:56] | Then maybe you won’t end up staring at a clock at 4:00 | 那你就不会长大后凌晨4点 |
[12:58] | in the morning wishing you had kissed more ass in grad school. | 傻盯着钟想着干嘛读研时不再努力些 |
[13:04] | Thanks for trying. | 勇气可嘉 |
[13:07] | I swear, if you can get the paste, | 我发誓 要是你搞到浆糊 |
[13:10] | I’ll stab him for you. | 我替你捅死他 |
[13:15] | And then, he was chopped up and eaten by wolves. | 然后 他被剁碎后喂狼吃 |
[13:19] | Because that’s what happens to little babies who pull hair. | 小宝宝们乱扯大人头发就会这样啦 |
[13:25] | What are you doing here? | 你来干嘛 |
[13:26] | Malcolm, who is it? | Malcolm 是谁啊 |
[13:27] | Don’t worry, I have a Masters Degree in Conflict Resolution. | 别担心 我有冲突解决课题的硕士学位 |
[13:30] | Can I help you? | 什么事 |
[13:31] | I’m Mrs Walsh, Dewey’s counsellor. | 我是Walsh Dewey 的辅导员 |
[13:33] | First of all, let me just tell you how much I admire your courage. | 首先 请允许我表达对您勇气的钦佩 |
[13:37] | Thank you. | 多谢 |
[13:38] | Your son Malcolm came to see me. | 你儿子Malcolm来见过我 |
[13:39] | – No I didn’t. – Let me do what I do. | – 我没有 – 我来处理就好 |
[13:42] | He was worried that Dewey had been placed in the wrong class. | 他很担心Dewey被分错了班级 |
[13:45] | Malcolm, how dare you. | Malcolm 你怎么敢 |
[13:47] | You made your feelings very clear, | 你的意思我懂了 |
[13:48] | but you had no right to do something like that! | 但你没有权利那么做 |
[13:51] | Well, the thing is, I did look through Dewey’s records, | 其实我翻阅了Dewey的记录 |
[13:53] | and the test results don’t match up with his classroom performance. | 他的课堂表现确实和测试结果不一致 |
[13:55] | There may be grounds to retest him. | 我们有理由重新测试 |
[13:57] | Oh, no! Absolutely not! | 不行 绝对不行 |
[13:59] | You are not going to take this away from my son. | 你们不能这么对我儿子 |
[14:01] | He deserves to be in that class! | 他够格在那个班级 |
[14:02] | He needs to be in that class. | 他需要那个班级 |
[14:04] | And don’t think I won’t fight you on this. | 而且别以为我不会为这事和你斗 |
[14:06] | I didn’t come here to upset you. | 我不是来惹您生气的 |
[14:08] | The last thing that anyone wants is for you to feel out of control. | 我们决不想让您失控 |
[14:11] | Oh, you’ll see out of control, | 要是敢把Dewey调走 |
[14:13] | if you don’t leave Dewey where he belongs! | 你才会见识什么叫失控 |
[14:16] | Believe me, you don’t want to mess with this family! | 相信我 你不会想惹我们家的 |
[14:18] | Well, maybe we’ll talk about it in a month or so, | 也许我们一个月或者之后再谈谈 |
[14:20] | when you’re feeling stronger. | 当您情绪稳定的时候 |
[14:21] | I’ll work around any of your meetings. | 我将静候与您的见面 |
[14:24] | I can’t believe the way that woman talked to you! | 真不敢相信那个女人能这么说话 |
[14:26] | I mean sure, | 我是说 |
[14:28] | I unsuccessfully tried to keep Dewey out of the Krelboyne class, | 我确实赶走Dewey未遂 |
[14:30] | but she had no right to do that! | 但她无权不让他读天才少年班 |
[14:32] | Oh, put a cork in it! | 闭嘴吧你 |
[14:33] | And don’t think you’re not in trouble | 别以为你的小算盘没打成 |
[14:35] | just because your little plan didn’t work. | 就万事大吉 |
[15:04] | Oh, that was just great! Which kids are yours? | 太厉害了 你的孩子是哪对 |
[15:08] | Uh, those two. | 那俩 |
[15:14] | You guys are totally going to be my new saver screen. | 你们俩会成为我的新屏保 |
[15:18] | Don’t let it get to you, Hal. | 别往心里去 Hal |
[15:19] | Soon they’re going to feel as stupid as they think we look. | 很快她们就要自己打脸了 |
[15:22] | – Let’s rock. – Yeah! | – 上吧 – 好 |
[15:26] | Hey, I thought we were supposed to have the same costume. | 我以为我们应该穿一样的衣服 |
[15:29] | They’re almost the same. | 我觉得差不多啊 |
[15:36] | My ankle’s twisted. | 我的脚崴了 |
[15:37] | Once again, I fly too close to the sun. | 我又一次乐极生悲了 |
[15:40] | – But we have to dance. – I can’t, Hal. | – 但我们必须得上啊 – 我不行了 Hal |
[15:42] | But you have to go on. | 但你不能放弃 |
[15:43] | We’ve worked too long and too hard to stop now. | 我们练了那么久绝不能就这么算了 |
[15:47] | Now go out there and win that coupon for two free medium pizzas! | 去把那两张免费中号披萨优惠券赢过来 |
[15:52] | For both of us. | 为了我们俩 |
[15:59] | I know we’ve had our disagreements | 我知道我们对 |
[16:01] | over the amount of time I spent doing this, | 我大量时间用在跳舞机上有分歧 |
[16:03] | but I don’t think there’s anyone else I could do this with. | 但我觉得没有你我肯定做不成 |
[16:09] | What do you say? | 你接受吗 |
[16:10] | Hal Oh, Hal. | |
[16:12] | – I get the Pizzas. – OK. | – 披萨归我 – 成交 |
[16:52] | Here comes the Cancel Turn, I can’t watch. | 360度转体来了 我不敢看了 |
[17:04] | On any other man, that would look ridiculous | 要是别的男人这么做肯定很滑稽 |
[17:09] | We have lost him, Lois. He belongs to everyone now. | 我们配不上他了 Lois 他成了大众偶像 |
[17:33] | Mr Sheridan, why do motorcycles sound different | Sheridan先生 为什么摩托车 |
[17:36] | when they’re coming than when they’re going away? | 驶近和驶远时声调会有所不同 |
[17:38] | Hanson, I’m trying to eat my lunch. | Hanson我吃饭呢 |
[17:41] | By the time I explain it to you, | 而且等我向你解释的时候 |
[17:43] | you would have forgotten the question, anyway. | 你肯定已经忘了 |
[17:56] | I think my brother Malcolm told me about that last summer. | 我哥哥Malcolm去年夏天给我讲过这个问题 |
[18:02] | “It’s called the Doppler Effect, Dewey. | 这叫作多普勒效应 Dewey |
[18:04] | “Both sound and light travel at a constant speed, | 声波光波都以固定速度传播 |
[18:07] | “but their wavelengths get shorter or longer | 但是波长会压缩或伸长 |
[18:09] | “depending on whether they’re moving towards you | 波传向你则压缩 |
[18:11] | “or away from you. | 远离你则伸长 |
[18:12] | Now put some pants on, you little freak.” | 现在穿上裤子你个小变态 |
[18:16] | My imaginary friends are right! I am a genius! | 我想象的朋友是对的 我果然是天才 |
[18:22] | So, basically, what it means is that | 简单地来说 |
[18:23] | the sound waves from a motorcycle | 声音以摩托车为中心 |
[18:26] | move away from it at the same speed in all directions, | 等速向外传播 |
[18:29] | but if it’s coming towards you, | 但如果车向你开来的话 |
[18:30] | then the sound waves get stacked closer and closer together, | 声波就会越来越挤压 |
[18:33] | so the frequency goes up and the sound gets higher. | 所以音频就会变大 声音就会变尖 |
[18:37] | Do you understand? | 明白了吗 |
[18:38] | Yeah, I do. | 我懂了 |
[18:42] | Oh my god! I learned something! | 天呐 我学会了 |
[18:46] | I learned something. | 我能学习了 |
[18:51] | Hanson Hanson… | |
[18:53] | I learned something. | 我能学习了 |
[18:54] | Hanson, maybe you shouldn’t learn things | Hanson 要是你非这么闹腾的话 |
[18:56] | if you’re going to be so disruptive. | 你还是别学的好 |
[18:57] | Now sit down and be quiet. | 现在坐下 别出声 |
[19:16] | Everyone who hates this, follow me. | 不喜欢这的 都跟我走 |
[19:51] | Children, calm down. | 孩子们 镇定 |
[19:53] | Remember, quiet minds are happy minds. | 记住 安静就是快乐 |
[19:55] | Let’s say it together. | 一起跟我说 |
[19:57] | Quiet minds are happy minds! | 安静就是快乐 |
[20:01] | I’m so glad that contest is finally behind you. | 很高兴你终于不再搞那个比赛了 |
[20:04] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[20:05] | You know, now that that’s out of your system, | 既然你不再玩了 |
[20:07] | I could sure use a little more help with Jamie. | 你也好出点力帮忙照顾Jamie |
[20:09] | He was up all night last night. | 他昨晚一宿没睡 |
[20:11] | So, if you wouldn’t mind taking the first shift tonight, I… | 你不介意今晚值第一班吧 |
[20:13] | Nod! Nod! | 点头 点头 |
[20:18] | Agree. | 赞同 |
[20:20] | She’s buying it | 她信以为真了 |
[20:30] | Ok, Dewey. I have a new, much better plan. | 没事了Dewey 我有个新的更好的方法 |
[20:34] | I broke into the Principal’s office, | 我摸进了校长办公室 |
[20:35] | and created a second, fictional Dewey, | 创造了另一个虚构的 |
[20:38] | who lives in another district. | 住在别的地区的Dewey |
[20:39] | I still have to hack into the school mainframe, | 我还要黑了学校的主机 |
[20:40] | but all you have to do is pretend you’re dead for two days, | 不过你得装死两天 |
[20:43] | then we’re back in business! | 然后我们就解脱了 |
[20:45] | That sounds great. | 听着很好 |
[20:46] | Mom, Malcolm gave me the wrong answers to the Krelboyne test. | 妈 Malcolm给了我错误答案参加天才班测试 |
[20:49] | I’ve been in the emotionally disturbed class for two weeks. | 于是我已经上了两周脑残儿童的课了 |
[20:52] | Well, I’m sure you two have a lot to talk about. | 你俩一定有很多话想说 |
[20:57] | Dewey! Dewey, guess what! | Dewey Dewey 猜猜怎么着 |
[20:59] | I finally figured out what kind of genius I am. | 我终于知道我是什么类型的天才了 |
[21:03] | There it was, just staring me in the face. | 就是这样 盯着我的脸 |
[21:07] | Oh, come on Dewey, please stay awake. | 拜托 Dewey 醒醒啊 |
[21:10] | I’ve got so much to show you. | 好戏还在后面呢 |