时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:00] | Guys, look. I like you both. You work hard. | 伙计们 你们俩我都喜欢 干活卖力 |
[00:03] | But you’ve got to realise how other people see this relationship. | 但你们要顾忌别人怎么看待这段关系 |
[00:06] | Dude Ranches have a lot of conservative customers, | 很多Dude Ranches的客户都很保守 |
[00:09] | so even though I personally don’t have | 即便我个人对你们 |
[00:11] | a problem with you two as a couple, | 出双入对没有意见 |
[00:13] | this has to stop. | 你们也得停止交往 |
[00:17] | Thunder,get back in your own stall. | 雷鸣 回你自己的窝去 |
[00:30] | Dewey, I just found this letter. | Dewey 我才发现这封信 |
[00:31] | It says your school’s going to have a Father/Son 5k race. | 信上说你学校要搞父子五千米赛跑 |
[00:34] | And it was in the trash. | 怎么扔垃圾桶了 |
[00:36] | I wanted to save you the trouble of agreeing to do it, | 我只是帮你省下麻烦 |
[00:38] | then coming up with a bunch of lame excuses | 省得你答应来又不来 |
[00:40] | when you don’t show up. | 还得编一堆很假的理由 |
[00:42] | It’s degrading for you, and even though I should know better, | 你会丢脸 我也会有点失望 |
[00:44] | still slightly disappointing for me. | 尽管我一早就猜到会这样 |
[00:46] | Come on, I’m not that bad. | 拜托 我没那么糟糕吧 |
[00:49] | Last week you missed my class | 上周你就错过了我们班用我的剧本 |
[00:51] | performing an original oneact play that I wrote. | 编排的课堂独幕剧表演 |
[00:53] | Well, I was there yesterday | 其实昨天市长为此给你颁奖的时候 |
[00:55] | when the Mayor presented you with an award for it. | 我在那里 |
[00:57] | No, you weren’t. | 你不在吧 |
[00:58] | Well, I saw every second of the video. | 我录像里从头看到尾的 |
[01:01] | Look, son, I am going to be at that race. | 听着儿子 我一定去参加那个赛跑 |
[01:05] | Ok, if you say so. I’ll check. | 好吧 既然你这么说 我就查一下 |
[01:07] | Mom, do you want to talk to | 老妈你想和过世的外公 |
[01:08] | dead Grandpa’s secret other family? | 在外面建立的另一个家说两句吗 |
[01:10] | What did you say? | 你在说什么 |
[01:11] | This lady says she’s your sister, and she wants to talk to you. | 这位女士说她是你姐妹 想和你谈谈 |
[01:13] | Make it fast. I have a radio station in Hawaii on hold. | 请尽快 我还有一个夏威夷电台在线上等着 |
[01:17] | – Hello? – Hello, Lois. This is Roberta, from Manitoba. | – 请讲 – 你好 Lois 我是住在曼尼托巴省的Roberta |
[01:22] | Your sister… half way. God, this is weird. | 你的姐妹 半血缘的 天哪 真诡异 |
[01:26] | Hi. Um, what’s up? | 你好 有什么事吗 |
[01:29] | You know, your Mom’s lawsuit is over. | 你看你妈妈的官司已经结束了 |
[01:31] | I hope you know, I didn’t have anything to do with that. | 希望你明白 我和这件事没有任何关系 |
[01:33] | Please, I tried to talk her out of it, | 我试着劝她 |
[01:34] | but she just wouldn’t listen. | 但她就是听不进去 |
[01:36] | And I’m so sorry she gave your phone number tho those prisoners. | 很抱歉她把你的电话号码给了囚犯 |
[01:38] | Well, it’s all water under the bridge. | 事情都已经过去了 |
[01:41] | It’s just, now that the court case is over, | 只不过既然官司已经结束 |
[01:43] | it just felt weird to have family that I didn’t ever talk to. | 不和自家人说话让我觉得怪怪的 |
[01:47] | So, now I am…talking. Uh, not very well, apparently. | 我现在想聊聊 虽然明显有点蹩脚 |
[01:55] | God, where is my Diet Root Beer? | 老天 我的沙士汽水在哪 |
[01:57] | You drink Diet Root Beer? I drink Diet Root Beer too. | 你也喝沙士汽水吗 我也喝 |
[02:02] | I’m telling you Hal, it is uncanny how much we are alike. | 告诉你 Hal 我们如此相像简直不可思议 |
[02:05] | We both have five letters in our middle name. | 我们的中间名字都是五个字母 |
[02:08] | We both like movies about English ladies | 我们都喜欢看讲述关于在热带国家 |
[02:09] | living in tropical countries. | 生活的英国女人的电影 |
[02:11] | We have the same ring size, and we both hope to go skiing one day. | 我们戒指尺寸一样 都期待同一天去滑雪 |
[02:15] | Wow. Make sure I get the right one back. | 希望我回来时不要搞混把她带回来 |
[02:18] | I wish I could come. | 好想去看看 |
[02:19] | Although, obviously not as much as I want to go racing with Dewey. | 不过很明显 我更想和Dewey一起去比赛 |
[02:24] | Right,sport? | 对吧 小运动员 |
[02:25] | It would be pretty to think so. | 能这么想就不错了 |
[02:28] | Get ready for 21 hours of this. | 准备好21小时经受这个了么 |
[02:31] | Reese, you put him in the seat face down. | Reese 你把他的脸朝下放了 |
[02:35] | Hello? Oh, hi Mom. | 你好 哦 妈妈 |
[02:38] | I lost the case. They said I was never legally married to Victor, | 我输了官司 他们说我和Victor的婚姻不合法 |
[02:43] | because there were no documents. | 因为没有任何档案证明 |
[02:44] | Oh, that Judge had guts after what I mailed him. | 我给法官寄了那种东西后他居然还有胆 |
[02:47] | That’s very sad, Mom. | 真是可怜 妈妈 |
[02:48] | Not married! Victor came to my house, | 什么没结过婚 Victor来我家 |
[02:51] | and defeated each of my brothers in combat. | 可是打翻过我所有的哥哥 |
[02:53] | The proof, was the bite marks on his back. | 证据就是他背上的咬痕 |
[02:56] | Mom, I really don’t want to hear this again. | 妈 我不想再听一遍了 |
[02:58] | My life is horrible! I can’t think of anything but death. | 我的生活太糟糕了 我都想死了 |
[03:01] | I thought I’d come down tomorrow for a visit. | 我想我明天来看看你们 |
[03:04] | What?! You want to come see us tomorrow?! | 啥 你要明天来看我们 |
[03:07] | Birthday party for Jamie. | Jamie的生日派对 |
[03:08] | Mother, that’s a great idea. | 妈妈 这真是好主意 |
[03:10] | We would love to see you,because tomorrow is Jamie’s birthday. | 明天是Jamie的生日 很高兴你能来 |
[03:13] | And there are gonna be kids here, and balloons, and songs – | 明天将会有很多小孩 气球 生日歌 |
[03:17] | I just remembered. Tomorrow I’m getting waxed. | 我刚想起来明天我要去脱毛 |
[03:28] | Oh, I can’t ring the doorbell. It’s too weird. | 我没法按门铃 这太诡异了 |
[03:30] | You can do it. Canadian doorbells work just like ours. | 你行的 加拿大的门铃和我们的长一样 |
[03:34] | No, Reese. I mean, it’s strange. | 不是的Reese 你不觉得奇怪 |
[03:36] | These people have the same DNA as us. It’s kinda spooky. | 里面的人和我们基因相同 有点吓人 |
[03:40] | Don’t be so freaked out, Mom. There’s nothing spooky about this. | 别怕 老妈 一点也不吓人 |
[03:47] | You must be Lois. | 你一定就是Lois了 |
[03:49] | And I bet that you’re Reese, and Malcolm, and Jamie. | 我猜这是Reese Malcolm 和Jamie |
[03:52] | I’m so glad you’re all here. Come in, come in. | 很高兴你们都能来 请进 请进 |
[03:57] | So, is Dad’s other ur- I mean, is Victor- | 那么爸爸的另一个 呃 也就是Victor |
[04:02] | is your mother here? | 你妈在么 |
[04:03] | Uh, yes. But she’s really, uh – | 是的 但她有点 嗯 |
[04:06] | Shouldn’t have come! | 不该那么早到的 |
[04:08] | I haven’t had time to finish the cookies, | 我没时间做曲奇 |
[04:10] | and my hair is just a mess! | 头发乱糟糟 |
[04:15] | You look just like your father! | 你长得好像你爸 |
[04:18] | Well, we’re all thinking it. | 我们都觉得 |
[04:22] | I don’t care how uncomfortable this is. Give me a hug! | 不管这有多别扭 给我一个拥抱先 |
[04:30] | Wow. Grandpa really went for old women. | 外公还真有找老太婆的癖好 |
[04:35] | Genes are weird. Reese and I are brothers, | 基因真的很神奇 Reese和我是亲兄弟 |
[04:37] | and we’re barely the same species. | 但我们基本不是一类人 |
[04:38] | But Jerome is my halfcousin, | 但我半血缘的表弟Jerome |
[04:40] | and we look the same, we stand the same, | 和我长相相同 想法相同 |
[04:42] | and we’re already talking like we’re best friends. | 一见如故 |
[04:44] | Malcolm, you’re just describing | 你刚才描述的 |
[04:45] | an ontology of modality that’s completely consistent. | 存在论模式是完全相容的 |
[04:48] | As consistent as logicism | 和逻辑主义一样相容 |
[04:51] | And he’s funny. | 他还很风趣 |
[04:53] | Hey, Malcolm. I’m gonna take your brother goose hunting. | Malcolm 我带你哥哥去猎鹅 |
[04:56] | You’re taking Reese hunting? | 你要带Reese去捕猎吗 |
[04:57] | Yeah. He says he’s never held a gun before, | 是啊 他说自己以前没握过枪 |
[05:00] | but boy, he seems like a natural with it. | 但是他看起来天生就很在行 |
[05:03] | God, I hope the zombies attack today. | 老天 真希望今天有僵尸来袭 |
[05:07] | So, how’s your school? | 那么 你的学校过得怎么样 |
[05:09] | Ok, I guess. They’ve got me in this accelerated programme. | 还行吧 他们让我参加学生速成项目 |
[05:11] | Me too. Kinda sucks | 我也是 烂透了 |
[05:13] | Yeah. It’s great being so popular, | 受欢迎当然很好 |
[05:16] | but every group of friends you’re in expects | 但是你所有的朋友群 |
[05:18] | you to go to all their parties. | 都希望你能去他们的派对 |
[05:19] | Which is like, physically impossible. | 根本做不到嘛 |
[05:21] | Yeah. Impossible. | 当然 不可能 |
[05:23] | Not to mention juggling homework, Hockey practice, | 更别提蒙混作业 曲棍球练习 |
[05:25] | being President of the Student Body, | 做学生会主席 |
[05:27] | and still trying to find enough time for your girlfriend. | 然后还要挤出足够时间陪女朋友 |
[05:29] | Oh, I have to call her | 哦 我得给她打电话了 |
[05:30] | I’m clinging to a slight hope that she’s imaginary. | 我只能希望他的女朋友是臆想出来的 |
[05:34] | – Hello? – Hey, it’s me… you did get the flowers… | – 你好 – 是我啦 你收到花了么 |
[05:36] | I’m glad you like them…yeah… | 你喜欢就好 那是 |
[05:38] | If we were born so much alike, | 要是我们那么相像 |
[05:40] | then why is he so much happier than me? | 凭什么他比我开心很多 |
[05:42] | Were you talking to that cute girlfriend of yours? | 你在和你那可爱的女朋友聊么 |
[05:45] | Wait, you know what? That’s none of my business. | 等等 说起来 我不会干涉你的 |
[05:48] | Oh. | 果然 |
[05:51] | Sylvia, your house is so lovely. | Sylvia 你家真棒 很漂亮 |
[05:54] | It’s just beautiful, and everything is so fancy. | 每件东西都高端大气 |
[05:57] | Well, thank you. I can’t take much credit for it, | 谢谢夸奖 我不敢居功 |
[05:59] | though you know Victor. He loved to spoil us. | 不过你知道Victor啦 他就是宠着我们 |
[06:04] | Oh, look. The Lake house. | 瞧 湖边小屋 |
[06:06] | I think that’s the summer we nursed a Heron back to health. | 那年夏天我们治好了一只苍鹭 |
[06:10] | Oh, it’s beautiful. Here’s one of the toolshed. | 天哪 真美 这是一个工棚 |
[06:14] | One time we killed a wasp’s nest inside it. | 有次我们捅了个马蜂窝 |
[06:17] | Look at this one. You girls are dressed like Hobos. | 看这张 你们这些女孩穿得像流浪汉 |
[06:21] | Oh, was that a fun costume party? | 是化装舞会吧 |
[06:23] | Yeah. Really fun. And long. | 嗯 真有趣 时间也真久 |
[06:28] | Here’s another one of Dad doing his pretend angry face, | 又一张老爸假装生气的照片 |
[06:32] | and you doing a pretend sad face. | 你呢就假装很伤心 |
[06:35] | I don’t think you guys are serious in one of these photos. | 我不觉得这些照片里你们是来真的 |
[06:38] | That’s us. Just a couple of kidders. | 我们就是这样 经常开玩笑 |
[06:41] | You know, I can’t get over how happy and friendly | 我没法忘记老爸 |
[06:44] | Dad looks in picture, after picture, after picture. | 在这些照片里多么的开心和友善 |
[06:46] | Yeah. You know, Victor wasn’t perfect. | Victor也不是完美无缺的 |
[06:49] | Sometimes he’d come home a little grumpy. | 他有时候会发脾气 |
[06:51] | But, I’d sit him down, we’d talk it out, | 但我会劝他坐下说说话 |
[06:55] | and before he knew it, | 他自己都没意识到 |
[06:57] | he’d be laughing and joking and giving the girls hugs and kisses. | 他已经在嘻嘻哈哈给孩子们拥抱和亲吻了 |
[07:01] | You know, I think I need a little fresh air. | 我觉得我需要一点新鲜空气 |
[07:08] | Boy, this is weird. | 儿子 多奇怪 |
[07:11] | I keep thinking about why things turn out the way they do. | 我不禁想他们是怎么做到的 |
[07:15] | It’s amazing how different your life could be, | 只要改变一个人 |
[07:17] | if you just changed one person. | 你的生活就会有神奇的变化 |
[07:22] | Tell me about it. | 当然 |
[07:25] | You know what else is strange? | 你知道还有哪里很奇怪吗 |
[07:27] | What? | 什么 |
[07:28] | Have you heard a bird, or a cricket, | 刚刚的两分钟里 你有听到鸟叫 蟋蟀声 |
[07:30] | or anything in the last two minutes? | 或者其它任何声音吗 |
[07:32] | No. Everything’s gone as quiet as a graveyard. | 没有 周围一切都像墓地一样安静 |
[07:39] | Judas! | 你个犹大 |
[07:44] | Mother, what are you doing here?! | 妈妈 你来这里做什么 |
[07:45] | “Oh, Mommy. I’d love you to come to my baby’s party.” | 妈妈 很高兴你能来我宝贝的生日 |
[07:49] | You think I was born yesterday? | 我吃过的盐比你吃过的饭还多 |
[07:52] | I could spot lies coming out of your mouth | 你没长牙前 |
[07:53] | since before it had teeth in it. | 我就能听出你在不在撒谎 |
[07:56] | Lock the door. | 锁门啊 |
[08:00] | Oh, my God, Mother! She’s inside. | 哎哟妈呀 她闯进来了 |
[08:02] | Lock yourself in the den. I’ll call the Police. | 快躲进地下室反锁起来 我报警 |
[08:10] | So, Lois. Are you enjoying your, “celebration”? | Lois 享受你的所谓生日庆祝吗 |
[08:15] | Looks like you sold your soul cheap enough. | 看来你贱贱地就把自己卖了 |
[08:17] | Coconut cake?! From the woman who stole your father’s fluids?! | 椰丝蛋糕 那个偷你爸精液 |
[08:22] | And made bastards with them?! | 生了一堆小王八蛋的女人做给你的吗 |
[08:24] | Mother, what the hell are you doing?! Get out of here, | 妈 你别闹了 出去吧 |
[08:26] | the Police are coming! | 警察要来的 |
[08:27] | Why? I don’t even get to look at what was stolen from me?! | 怎么 看看她从我这偷走的东西都不行吗 |
[08:30] | Where do you think she got this money? | 你以为她从哪得到的这些钱 |
[08:32] | This couch was my trip to Paris! | 这张沙发本应该是我的巴黎之旅 |
[08:35] | Look at this place! | 看看这地方 |
[08:36] | While we live like dogs, they were playing on grand pianos, | 我们苦逼得像狗 他们却在弹三角钢琴 |
[08:39] | and eating with napkins! | 吃饭还能用上餐巾 |
[08:42] | Why do you think you girls were so short and ugly? | 你以为你们为什么长得又矮又丑 |
[08:44] | Victor fed you on beans, | Victor只喂你们吃豆子 |
[08:46] | so he could give his other daughter Ballet lessons. | 好省下钱给他另一个女儿上芭蕾课 |
[08:49] | Ida, I think you should know that besides the restraining order, | Ida 除了限制令 |
[08:52] | I have a knitting needle! | 我还有一根编毛衣的长针在手 |
[08:55] | All right, it’s a Crochet hook. | 好吧 这只是一根钩针 |
[08:57] | Listen to me, tough guy. I know about Victor’s other pension! | 听着 硬汉 我知道Victor有另一份养老金 |
[09:03] | Victor worked for Paragon Brush from 1960 to 1964. | Victor从1960年到1964年在Paragon Bursh工作 |
[09:09] | Manitoba Family Law says, | 曼尼托巴省家庭法规定 |
[09:10] | “As Common Law wife, I am entitled to the pension. | 作为合法妻子 我有权享用这笔养老金 |
[09:14] | I really don’t know what you’re talking about. | 我都不知道你在说什么 |
[09:17] | The truth will bust out of the grave, | 真相总会浮出水面 |
[09:19] | and strangle you. And your whole family! | 你和你的家庭都会受到惩罚 |
[09:23] | Mother, we will discuss this later! | 妈 我们以后再讨论这些 |
[09:25] | If you do not turn and leave, so help me, | 如果你再不走 |
[09:27] | I will tear that wig off your head | 我会把你的假发拿走 |
[09:29] | and everyone will see your tick scars! | 让所有人看见的伤疤 |
[09:37] | It’s not over! | 这事儿没完 |
[09:41] | Canada is the greatest nation on the face of the earth. | 加拿大是地球上最伟大的国家 |
[09:44] | Hey, Grandma! | 奶奶你好 |
[09:45] | I can’t believe I’ve never been hunting before. | 真不敢相信我居然从来没有打过猎 |
[09:47] | Nature’s so complex and beautiful. And bad at hiding. | 大自然是如此纷繁美丽 而且无处躲藏 |
[09:51] | Never… again. He was… it was… a horrible laughter! | 别再来一次了 一边倒的大屠杀 |
[09:58] | Thanks, man. I’m not going to need this any more. | 谢谢 我不需要这个了 |
[10:01] | Next time, I’m going to make a little eye contact. | 下次打猎我可以以眼杀人 |
[10:04] | All right, the race is in two days. | 好了 两天后就要赛跑了 |
[10:06] | Let’s get out there and practice. | 我们出去练习吧 |
[10:08] | Where do we keep the sports bottles? | 我们运动水壶放哪了 |
[10:09] | Do we really need props for this charade? | 我们一定要假装出去跑糊弄我吗 |
[10:13] | Hey, when did your Mom get a fire extinguisher? | 你妈妈什么时候买了一个灭火器 |
[10:15] | Uh, Dad. You probably don’t want to – | 老爸 你不会想要 |
[10:17] | Why would she hide this from me? | 干嘛要藏起来不给我看 |
[10:30] | Yeah, Mom. He found it… the doctor says two weeks. Bye. | 妈妈 他找到了 医生说两周才能好 拜 |
[10:38] | I have to admit, you almost had me fooled. | 我得说你差点骗过我了 |
[10:41] | I really thought you were going to come through this time. | 我真以为你这次会和我去赛跑 |
[10:43] | Dewey, it was an accident. | Dewey 这是个意外 |
[10:45] | Believe me, if I wanted to blind myself, | 相信我 如果想把自己弄瞎 |
[10:47] | there are one hundred easier ways I could have done it! | 我有一百种更简单的方法 |
[10:51] | Knowing that I let you down hurts much more than burnt corneas. | 让你失望比角膜受伤更加让我难受 |
[10:54] | And they hurt a lot! | 真的很难受 |
[10:57] | I hate breaking a promise to you, Dewey. I really do. | 我不想对你食言 Dewey 真的 |
[11:01] | It’s the truth. | 千真万确 |
[11:02] | I remember once when my Dad told me | 我还记得有次我爸 |
[11:05] | he was going to take me to an air show. | 本来答应带我去看航空展 |
[11:07] | Jerome is amazing. He was born with the same brain as me, | Jerome让人惊叹 他的大脑和我天生一样 |
[11:10] | but he used it to become friends with the kind of | 但他能把智商用来和受欢迎的人交往 |
[11:13] | popular, well-adjusted people who hate me. | 换做我他们只会恨我 |
[11:15] | You’re right. Nobody cares about Student Council. | 你们说得对 没人在乎学生会 |
[11:18] | But I say, what’s bad about getting together, planting a few trees | 但要我说 大家聚在一起 种些树 |
[11:21] | and making the school a little more pleasant for everyone? | 让学校变得更美好有什么错呢 |
[11:25] | Wow. Jerome took something seriously, and didn’t get laughed at. | Jerome一本正经时不会被人耻笑 |
[11:29] | It’s like the triple lutz of High School socializing. | 这在高中社交生活中是高难度动作 |
[11:34] | I’m glad it’s him, not me. | 很庆幸是他不是我 |
[11:44] | Why couldn’t that be me?! | 凭什么是他不是我 |
[11:47] | Hey, don’t forget about tomorrow night, Karaoke party. | 不要忘记明晚的K歌派对 |
[11:49] | – You do Karaoke? – Yeah, you should come. | – 你们还K歌吗 – 是啊 一起吧 |
[11:51] | Karaoke’s not my thing. I mean, you can probably sing. | K歌不适合我 我想你应该很能唱 |
[11:54] | No, I can’t. I’m terrible. | 哪有 我五音不全 |
[11:57] | Then why do you do it? | 那你干嘛还要去 |
[11:58] | Aren’t you afraid you’ll look like a total idiot? | 不怕被人家看成大傻瓜么 |
[12:00] | Hey, if you’re afraid of looking stupid, | 要是你老怕出丑 |
[12:02] | you’ll never have any fun. | 哪里还能去找乐子 |
[12:05] | He’s forgetting about fun at someone else’s expense. | 他忘了快乐是建立在他人痛苦上的 |
[12:09] | God, he’s so much better than me. | 天呐 他人比我好太多了 |
[12:12] | We froze Victor’s pension because of | 因为另一个家庭声称有争议 |
[12:14] | the dispute with the other family. | 我们冻结了Victor的养老金 |
[12:16] | But you’re absolutely right: Manitoba Law states that | 但你是对的 曼尼托巴省的法律规定 |
[12:18] | “The Common Law wife is entitled to her husband’s pension”. | 合法妻子有权得到丈夫的退休金 |
[12:22] | And even if the other family isn’t willing to sign a Release, | 即便对方的家庭不愿意签字调解 |
[12:24] | you would probably prevail in court. | 你们也应该可以在庭上胜诉 |
[12:27] | Of course you’d have to prove you’re the Common Law wife, | 当然你要先证明自己是合法的妻子 |
[12:29] | with DNA tests of children, lease in both your names, | 子女DNA测试 你们共同签署过的文件 |
[12:32] | phone bills, that sort of thing. But I think you’d win. | 电话帐单 类似的资料 我觉得你会赢 |
[12:36] | Finally, a Canadian who isn’t an idiot. | 总算有个不笨的加拿大人了 |
[12:40] | The problem is, the pension’s only $43.50 a month, Canadian. | 问题是养老金只有每月43.5加元 |
[12:46] | And what, with hiring a Lawyer, court costs, other expenses, | 雇佣律师 法院申诉加上其他费用 |
[12:51] | it would all cost so much, | 要花很多钱 |
[12:52] | I don’t see you breaking even for twenty or thirty years. | 不领二三十年你赚不回来 |
[12:58] | Do you think you’ll live that long? | 你觉得自己命有那么长么 |
[12:59] | God no! I mean, no. | 天呐 怎么可能 我意思是 不太可能 |
[13:05] | I’m really sorry. | 很遗憾 |
[13:09] | Look, just so today isn’t a total loss, | 但是今天也算有所收获 |
[13:11] | I’m going to fix you up with a coupon | 我给你们Elite Wonder Bristle牙刷 |
[13:13] | for 10% off our Elite Wonder Bristle. | 九折优惠券 |
[13:15] | It’s the brush I use. | 我就用这牙刷 |
[13:21] | – Ok, Mom. You tried. Let’s go. – No. We’re going to do this. | – 妈妈 尽力了 走吧 – 不行 我们要斗下去 |
[13:26] | What? Were you listening? | 什么 你在听么 |
[13:29] | He said you’re going to lose money going after this thing. | 他说我们会损失很多钱 |
[13:31] | I don’t care. We’re going to get a lawyer. | 我不管 我们去找律师 |
[13:34] | Do you really hate these people so much, | 你有那么恨人家么 |
[13:36] | that you’re willing to ruin yourself, | 以至于要自我毁灭 |
[13:37] | just to get even with them?! It’s stupid! | 来和他们扯平么 多蠢啊 |
[13:42] | He was my husband. | 他是我的丈夫 |
[13:48] | Ok, here’s your coupon. | 好啦 优惠券给你们 |
[13:52] | If there’s anything else you need, feel free to give us a call. | 如有需要及时和我电话联系 |
[13:54] | Just think of us as Victor’s second family. | 把这里当做Victor的第二个家 |
[13:57] | Well, uh, third. | 好吧 是第三个 |
[14:05] | Hello, Lois, dear. | 你好 Lois |
[14:07] | – My mom’s not here. – Come in. | – 我妈没来 – 进来 |
[14:09] | Look, Sylvia. It turns out, there is a pension, | Sylvia 结果确实有笔养老金 |
[14:12] | a tiny one. $40 a month. | 数额极少 一个月40刀 |
[14:14] | Is that all?! | 就这么点吗 |
[14:15] | Yes, and my mom’s all worked up about it, | 是的 我妈妈千方百计要得到它 |
[14:18] | and she’s willing to waste all her money | 不惜花光积蓄 |
[14:19] | on a court fight to get it. | 上法庭争取 |
[14:20] | Oh, dear. | 老天 |
[14:22] | So, I was wondering if you’d be nice enough | 于是我想你们是不是能发善心 |
[14:24] | to just sign a Release so she could have it. | 签署一份调解协议让她拿这笔钱 |
[14:26] | Oh, I don’t see that ever happening. Goodbye, Dear. | 我觉得不可能 再见 孩子 |
[14:30] | But, you people got everything. | 但你们已经得到一切了 |
[14:32] | For my mom, this is all she’s got. | 对我妈妈来说这就是她的一切了 |
[14:34] | She’s just looking for some way | 她只是想寻求和她丈夫 |
[14:36] | to feel connected with her husband. | 能有所关联 |
[14:37] | You mean my husband. | 你说的是我丈夫 |
[14:40] | This conversation is not over! | 我还没讲完呢 |
[14:58] | Aha! A canceled check for Daddy’s cyst removal | 老爸一次被取消的囊肿摘除手术 |
[15:02] | with your signature on it! | 家属签字栏上面有你签字 |
[15:03] | Beautiful! Let them try and say that’s not a marriage. | 太棒了 让他们再说我们没结婚 |
[15:07] | Look! The pig Victor got for my dowry! | 看 给Victor的这头猪是我嫁妆 |
[15:11] | It might take a year or two, | 就算要花一两年 |
[15:13] | but we are going to get that $40 out of their eye sockets! | 我们也要从他们眼窝里挖走那40块钱 |
[15:18] | You know, Mom. If this thing does go to trial, | 妈 知道吗 如果要上法庭 |
[15:21] | it might help us if you worked a bit on your demeanour. | 你举止端庄些会有帮助的 |
[15:24] | You know, when you deal with other people, you could be pleasant, | 你和他人交涉时你可以礼貌些 |
[15:27] | and say, “how are you?” | 说 你好吗 |
[15:30] | And that way, people will think that you care about their feelings, | 那样人家会觉得你能顾忌他人感受 |
[15:33] | and then they might care about yours. | 反过来人家也会顾及你的感受 |
[15:35] | What the hell are you talking about?! | 你说的这些是什么 |
[15:37] | I’m just trying to help you. | 我只是想帮你 |
[15:39] | I know you are, Vuschka. I’m sorry. | 我知道的 Vuschka 抱歉 |
[15:42] | Just a lot for me to remember. | 我一下记不住那么多 |
[15:44] | You can show me more tricks tomorrow. | 你明天可以教我些诀窍 |
[15:46] | It’s kind of funny, huh, Mom? | 有趣吧 妈妈 |
[15:49] | After all these years, you and I are actually helping each other. | 这么多年了 我们总算能互相帮助了 |
[15:53] | Well, live as long as I have, you get used to anything. | 等你活到我这岁数 你会习惯任何事情 |
[15:58] | What’s that? | 那是什么 |
[15:59] | It’s the results of the blood test that Lawyer wanted me to take. | 是律师要我拿的亲子鉴定 |
[16:02] | This says paternity is genetically impossible. | 上面说基因对比不匹配 |
[16:08] | This says that Dad is not my father! | 也就是说老爸不是我生父 |
[16:13] | I was 80% sure you were his. | 我可有八成把握你是他亲生的啊 |
[16:16] | What?! | 搞毛啊 |
[16:18] | The very second Victor walked in the house, | Victor一回家 |
[16:21] | I dragged him to the bedroom. | 我就把他拉进卧室 |
[16:22] | I guess his soldiers got outflanked. | 我猜是你爸的精虫小兵被包抄了 |
[16:25] | What?! Mother, how could you do something like that?! | 神马 妈 你怎么做得出这种事情 |
[16:29] | I was lonely. | 人家寂寞嘛 |
[16:31] | Your father had a lot of business trips. | 你爸又老是出差 |
[16:34] | Now, we know what his business was. | 现在可算知道他出的是什么差了 |
[16:37] | Then who was my father?! | 那谁是我爸 |
[16:39] | Oh, what do you want to get into that for?! | 你要知道那个有什么用 |
[16:44] | Rodo Goboski Rodo Goboski. | |
[16:46] | The only interesting thing about him was, | 他唯一有意思的 |
[16:48] | he could walk up a flight of stairs on his hands. | 就是能倒立着用手爬一段楼梯 |
[16:51] | What about Susan? Is she Dad’s daughter? | 那Susan呢 她是爸亲生的吗 |
[16:55] | Anything’s possible. | 说不好 |
[16:56] | How could you lie like this?! | 你怎么撒得下这么大的谎 |
[16:59] | Sweetie, don’t be upset. | 甜心 别难过 |
[17:00] | We can change this A, to a B. | 我们可以把这项换成另一项 |
[17:03] | The Judge will completely buy it. | 法官肯定会信的 |
[17:05] | Mother! I’m taking Jamie and getting out of here. | 妈吗 我这就带上Jamie走了 |
[17:12] | Dad, I don’t want to. It’s demeaning. | 老爸 我不要去了 丢人 |
[17:15] | What’s demeaning about it? | 这有什么可丢人的 |
[17:20] | Dad, your right shoe’s untied. | 老爸你右边鞋子鞋带松了 |
[17:21] | See, Dewey? Teamwork! | 看 Dewey 我们有团队精神 |
[17:24] | Runners, take your marks…set… | 选手们 各就各位 预备 |
[17:57] | You’re next. | 你下一个 |
[17:58] | Jerome, thank you. | Jerome 谢谢你 |
[17:59] | I thought I was genetically doomed to be unhappy. | 我一直以为自己的不幸是天生的 |
[18:02] | But you’re my blood, and you can be happy. | 但我俩血脉相通 既然你能快乐 |
[18:04] | So that means I can, too! | 那就是说我也能快乐 |
[18:10] | Hello. | 你好 |
[18:11] | Hello, Lois. Can I pick him up? | 你好 Lois 能让我抱抱他么 |
[18:14] | I talked to Mom about it, | 我和我妈谈过了 |
[18:16] | she’s being stubborn and completely unreasonable. | 她还是执拗不讲理 |
[18:18] | Aren’t you a cutie pie? You are. | 你是不是小可爱呀 你就是 |
[18:21] | I don’t want us to have another argument, Lois. | 我不想再争一次 Lois |
[18:24] | We don’t have to. I have some news. We did a blood test. | 不必 我有些事要说 我做了鉴定 |
[18:28] | I’m not Victor’s daughter. | 我不是Victor的亲生女儿 |
[18:30] | It turns out, I’m not related to you people… at all. | 结果我根本不是你们的亲戚 |
[18:33] | But we’re so alike. | 但我们如此相像 |
[18:35] | I know, it’s amazing, isn’t it? | 我知道 很神奇不是吗 |
[18:37] | You know what’s even more amazing? | 你知道更神奇的是什么吗 |
[18:39] | It doesn’t change anything. | 这事实没改变什么 |
[18:41] | Because no matter what, I know that I am Victor’s daughter. | 因为不论怎样 我清楚我是Victor的女儿 |
[18:46] | That horrible,deceitful, bitter man was my father. | 那尖酸刻薄满嘴谎言的男人就是我爸 |
[18:51] | He was my father when I was two, and he locked me in the closet. | 两岁把我锁在柜子里的是我爸 |
[18:54] | He was my father when I was eight, and he got me drunk. | 八岁把我灌醉的是我爸 |
[18:57] | He was my father on my wedding day | 我大婚那天他告诉Hal |
[18:58] | when he told Hal he could do better. | 他可以找到更好的女人 |
[19:02] | He was my Dad. | 但他还是我爸 |
[19:04] | You’ve got a funny little brain, young lady. | 这位小姐你的想法很逗人 |
[19:08] | But if it makes you feel better, I’m happy. | 如果能让你好过些 我很受用 |
[19:10] | Well, you know the same way that I know he was my father, | 你和我一样清楚他是我的父亲 |
[19:13] | I know that Ida was his wife. | 我清楚Ida是他的妻子 |
[19:16] | Not technically, not legally, | 不是严格意义上的 法律上也不是 |
[19:18] | but I know it. | 但我心知肚明 |
[19:20] | And you know it, too. And that’s why you hate her so much. | 你也心知肚明 所以你才那么恨我妈 |
[19:24] | I don’t hate, dear. I’m Canadian. | 我不恨她 我们加拿大人不这样 |
[19:27] | Well, it’s why you’re angry, then. | 那么就说这是为什么你那么生气 |
[19:29] | But the problem is, you’re angry at the wrong person. | 但问题是你的怒气找错了人 |
[19:32] | It’s not Ida. It’s Victor, your husband, | 不是Ida的错 是你丈夫Victor不对 |
[19:36] | who betrayed you both, who manipulated you both, | 他背叛你们俩 玩弄你们俩 |
[19:39] | who made you both feel like you weren’t worth being the only one. | 让你们俩都觉得自己不配成为唯一 |
[19:43] | You hate him. And you know what? He deserves it. | 你恨他 知道吗 你该恨他 |
[19:48] | Funny thing is, | 有趣的是 |
[19:49] | I came up here because I thought Roberta and I were the same. | 我来这是因为我认为Roberta和我很像 |
[19:53] | But it’s you and my mother, who are really alike. | 但你和我妈才是真的一模一样 |
[19:58] | I’ll sign whatever you want. | 你让我签什么我就签什么 |
[20:00] | Just don’t ever say that again. | 只是别再说这些了 |
[20:08] | Come on, Malcolm. We’re going. | 过来 Malcolm 我们走了 |
[20:10] | I want to stay here with my cousins. | 我想和表兄留在这里 |
[20:11] | They’re not your cousins. | 他们不是你表兄 |
[20:12] | Turns out we’re not even related to them. Now, come on. | 结果证明你们没血缘关系 赶紧走吧 |
[20:45] | Look, you’re going to hear a lot of stories, | 你们会听到很多传闻 |
[20:46] | none of which are true, | 那些在树林发生的怪事 |
[20:47] | about some weird stuff happening in the woods. | 都是假的 |
[20:49] | There could be some grainy photos, but my point is, | 可能有些模糊照片 但我要说的是 |
[20:51] | we should get over the border as quickly as possible. | 我们要尽快跨过边境回去 |
[20:53] | Let’s go! | 赶紧走吧 |
[20:56] | Dewey, please. Can’t go on much longer! | Dewey 求你了 我跑不动了 |
[21:05] | I did it! I did it, I did it, I did it! | 我做到了 我做到了 我做到了 我做到了 |
[21:11] | I did it! | 我做到了 |