时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:40] | I said Wash them! | 我让你洗了它们 |
[01:36] | – That was a good one, Abe! – Yes, it was, wasn’t it? | – 这个真不错 Abe – 是啊 真不错 |
[01:38] | Reese stop it. You’re going to give yourself Leprosy | Reese 别弄了 再弄就要烂掉了 |
[01:41] | Thank you so much for letting us be a part of Dewey’s birthday. | 谢谢请我们来Dewey的生日聚会 |
[01:44] | You enjoying your special day, son? | 今天开心么 孩子 |
[01:46] | I expect nothing and I’m still let down. | 我本来就没什么期待 结果还是失望了 |
[01:49] | It’s serious. | 还真是这样 |
[01:50] | I hope you like your present, honey. | 我希望你喜欢你的礼物 亲爱的 |
[01:52] | You know, birthdays are going to be a little thin around here | 在我们家恢复元气前的这段时间 |
[01:53] | until we get back on our feet. | 生日派对只能因陋就简 |
[01:55] | No, I love my “Quarters of America”. | 不 我喜欢这份”硬币上的美国” |
[01:58] | You see, we started you out with California and the Maine | 你看 我们带着你从加利福尼亚和缅因州出发 |
[02:01] | Oops, these are both Maine | 哦哟 这有两个缅因州 |
[02:04] | Well, guess you won’t be needing this one. | 好吧 我觉得我们不需要这枚硬币 |
[02:08] | Where is Francis? He was supposed to be here for my party. | Francis在哪里 他不是说好要来我的生日聚会么 |
[02:11] | Oh, he called. There was a TV show | 他来过电话 有个电视节目 |
[02:12] | he wanted to finish watching. He’ll get here after your bedtime. | 他想看完 你睡了他就回来了 |
[02:15] | Listen, I don’t want to step on Dewey’s big day, here.. | 听着 我不是要在Dewey的生日抢风头 |
[02:18] | Don’t worry about it. | 这你不用操心了 |
[02:19] | but I just can’t keep the news to myself. | 但我忍不住要告诉大家个消息 |
[02:21] | Stevie has been chosen to receive a Teen Courtesy Award. | Stevie得了文明少年奖 |
[02:27] | This is fantastic | 这真是太棒了 |
[02:28] | I don’t know anyone who deserves it more. | 想不出来还有谁比他更配得上这个奖 |
[02:31] | What is it? | 那是什么 |
[02:32] | The International Courtesy Association | 国际文明协会 |
[02:34] | is awarding him a Gallet. | 要奖给他一枚勋章 |
[02:36] | That’s the award they give to the youngster who best observes | 是给最严格遵守青少年礼仪规范的年轻人的 |
[02:39] | a Teen Courtesy Pledge, to be clean, quiet, polite and obedient. | 也就是干净 安静 礼貌 并且听话 |
[02:44] | Congratulations, Stevie. | 祝贺你 Stevie |
[02:46] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[02:47] | See? He can’t turn it off. | 看到没 他都停不下来 |
[02:48] | We are all very proud of you Stevie. | 我们都非常为你骄傲 Stevie |
[02:51] | I’d keep this Courtesy Award to myself. | 是我就不提什么文明青年的事儿 |
[02:53] | That crippled thing won’t protect you so much. | 现在就算你是瘸子也护不住你了 |
[02:56] | The Award Dinner’s on the 12th. | 颁奖晚宴在12号举行 |
[02:58] | We want you all to come. | 我希望你们都到场 |
[03:00] | You’ve been so good to us | 在我们有困难的时候 |
[03:01] | through the difficulties. You’ve been just like family. | 一直善待我们 你们就像家人一样 |
[03:04] | How’s the divorce going, Abe? Have you been able to find Kitty? | 离婚的事儿怎么样了 Abe 你找到Kitty了么 |
[03:07] | No address, but when I searched the Internet, | 没找到住址 但是我上网搜了一下 |
[03:09] | I found some interesting pictures of her. | 却发现她一些有趣的照片 |
[03:11] | From what I could tell, she seems to | 看来她貌似已经 |
[03:13] | have overcome her fear of meeting new people. | 无所顾虑地和新朋友交往了 |
[03:15] | Whoa, but hey, I’m looking forward. | 不过我也在向前看 |
[03:17] | Why, just yesterday, this cute | 就昨天 我们银行新来那个 |
[03:19] | new teller at my bank started flirting with me. | 漂亮的出纳员跟我调情了 |
[03:21] | – Really? – Get this. | – 真的吗 – 听好了 |
[03:22] | She told me I forgot to date my check. | 她说要我给支票写忘写的日期 |
[03:24] | Date, Hal. | 她说要我 Hal |
[03:29] | Wow. | 哇 |
[03:31] | Are you excited about this Courtesy Award | 得了文明奖你高兴么 |
[03:33] | I’ll need.. | 我需要 |
[03:36] | your help … | 你帮我 |
[03:39] | with my … | 准备 |
[03:42] | acceptance speech. | 获奖感言 |
[03:46] | There are … | 我有 |
[03:48] | so many… | 那么多 |
[03:50] | people to … | 的人 |
[03:54] | thank. | 要感谢 |
[03:56] | Have you thought about a blanket thank you? | 你考虑过概括性地感谢大家吗 |
[03:58] | I have … | 我有 |
[04:00] | a plan. | 一个计划 |
[04:02] | Oh my god. This is so cool. | 天哪 真酷 |
[04:04] | Did you know that underneath your skin, there’s more skin? | 知道么 在你表皮下 还有更多层皮肤 |
[04:08] | Why have I always been so careful? | 我以前何必要那么小心 |
[04:15] | Thanks for a wonderful night. | 今晚非常愉快 谢谢 |
[04:17] | You know what, I’m seriously thinking | 知道么 我在想 |
[04:19] | about dropping by my bank tomorrow, | 要不明天去下银行 |
[04:20] | and asking that new teller for some penny rows. | 找那新出纳换一些硬币卷 |
[04:22] | Hey, Mr Hot Stuff. Save some for the other fellas. | 嘿 非凡先生 给别人留点硬币 |
[04:28] | – Bye-bye, guys. – Goodnight. | – 大家再见 – 晚安 |
[04:29] | Bye. | 再见 |
[04:30] | Come on, Son. | 走吧 儿子 |
[04:34] | Kitty? | Kitty吗 |
[04:35] | Kitty Kenarban Kitty Kenarban! | |
[04:37] | How long have you been out there? | 你在外面多长时间啦 |
[04:40] | Not long. All night. It looked like a lovely party. | 不长 整晚而已 庆生会不错 |
[04:43] | Hi, Hal. | 嗨 Hal |
[04:46] | Hi, Kitty. | 嗨 Kitty |
[04:47] | I should just…um…hmm. | 我应该 嗯 |
[04:53] | What are you doing there? | 你来这儿干嘛呢 |
[04:55] | Well, I’ve sort of been stalking my family, | 算是跟踪我的家人吧 |
[04:57] | trying to get the nerve to talk to them. | 我想鼓起勇气跟他们谈谈 |
[05:00] | I want to come back. | 我想要回家 |
[05:02] | You want to come back? | 你想回来 |
[05:04] | I know what I did was terrible. | 我知道我做了很糟糕的事情 |
[05:06] | I do not know what happened to me. | 我不知道我怎么了 |
[05:07] | I guess I spent so much of my life | 可能生命中大部分时间 |
[05:08] | being outrageous and uptight and good, | 都在做一个强势守旧正派的人 |
[05:10] | that something in me finally snapped, and I had to be bad. | 最终内心某处崩溃了 我要做坏人 |
[05:13] | The last two years of my life have been a nightmare of | 我过去两年都生活在 |
[05:15] | booze binges and hotel rooms. | 酗酒和流连于酒店房间的噩梦中 |
[05:18] | Oh, there were so many parties. So many weird scenes. | 去了好多派对 见识了好多光怪陆离的景象 |
[05:21] | The childhood game of “Musical Chairs” | 童年时抢椅子的游戏 |
[05:22] | will never be the same for me. | 在我心里已经是另一番景象了 |
[05:25] | Neither will “Shoots and Ladders”, | 还有蛇梯棋 |
[05:26] | “Candy Man” or “Capture The Flag”. | 还有糖果人和抢旗游戏 |
[05:30] | But you know what’s really amazing? | 但你知道最神奇的部分么 |
[05:32] | Now that I have done literally everything, | 现在我已经做完了所有要做的事 |
[05:36] | I’m finished. | 我完成了 |
[05:38] | I’m done. | 彻底结束 |
[05:39] | You’ve done everything? | 你尝试过了所有事情 |
[05:40] | And now I’m done. Done for good | 对的 现在结束了 永远结束了 |
[05:43] | Wait, I don’t get “Candy Land”. | 等一下 “糖果乐园”是什么 |
[05:45] | I am so sorry for what I’ve done, | 我为我的所作所为感到非常抱歉 |
[05:47] | just want to throw myself at Abe’s feet and beg his forgiveness, | 我想跪求他原谅 但是 |
[05:52] | but, it just seems impossible. | 我就是做不到 |
[05:54] | Could you, find it in your hearts to, maybe talk to him for me? | 你们能不能发发慈悲帮我跟他谈谈么 |
[05:59] | Kitty Oh, Kitty. | |
[06:03] | There’s not a chance in the world I would ever do that for you. | 我绝对不会帮你做这件事的 |
[06:07] | – But I .. – You abandoned your family. | – 但是我 – 你抛弃了你的家庭 |
[06:10] | Do you have any idea of the pain | 你知道你给你亲近贴心的丈夫 |
[06:12] | and humiliation you have inflicted on that dear, sweet man | 和你可怜无辜的儿子 |
[06:15] | and that poor innocent boy? | 带来什么样的痛苦和羞辱么 |
[06:17] | I know you and I used to be friends | 我知道我们曾经是朋友 |
[06:18] | but what you have done is so creepy and evil, | 但是你的所作所为实在是可怕又邪恶 |
[06:21] | it doesn’t get fixed with “I’m sorry”. It just doesn’t. | 一句对不起根本不能弥补 做不到 |
[06:27] | Yeah, that’s pretty much it. | 我要说的差不多说完了 |
[06:31] | Hey, where’s the party? | 嘿 庆生会呢 |
[06:33] | Oh. Hi Kitty. | 哦 嗨 Kitty |
[06:37] | Ok, we’ll catch up later. | 好吧 我们回聊 |
[06:50] | Ok, Dewey. Since you’re now officially old enough, | Dewey 鉴于你年纪已经够大 |
[06:53] | today’s the day we start your initiation into full brotherhood. | 今天要开启你的全方位兄弟模式 |
[06:57] | – Wow. Really? – Yep. | – 哇 真的么 – 没错 |
[06:58] | Reese went through this, Malcolm went through this, | Reese经历过 Malcom经历过 |
[07:00] | and now, it is your turn. | 现在轮到你了 |
[07:01] | Neat, when do we start? | 好主意 我们什么时候开始 |
[07:02] | Right now. | 就现在 |
[07:03] | Get out of bed, and lie down on the Floor of Brotherhood. | 从床上下去 躺到兄弟义气的地板上去 |
[07:08] | And give me the Pillow of Paternity. | 给我父权主义的枕头 |
[07:15] | – Hey, Abe. – We need to talk. | – 嘿 Abe – 我们要谈一谈 |
[07:17] | What’s going on? | 发生什么了 |
[07:18] | Give me a second. I’m just so… agitated. | 让我缓缓 我现在很激动 |
[07:21] | – What’s the matter? – Kitty came over last night. | – 怎么啦 – Kitty昨天晚上来找我了 |
[07:24] | Oh, Abe. Would you like some tea or something? | 哦 Abe 你要喝口茶什么的么 |
[07:27] | No, thank you. But I would like some clarification. | 不用了 但是我需要澄清一下 |
[07:29] | What? | 什么 |
[07:30] | Did you actually call the | 你是不是管我爱的女人 |
[07:31] | woman I love, “creepy” and “evil”? | 叫”可怕””邪恶” |
[07:39] | – Wait a minute. You’re mad at me? – What happened, Abe? | – 等等 你生我的气吗 – 发生什么了 Abe |
[07:42] | Kitty and I talked all night long. | Kitty和我聊了一整晚 |
[07:43] | she told me about everything. | 她跟我坦陈一切 |
[07:45] | Every horrifying detail was covered. | 包括每个可怕的细节 |
[07:48] | And by morning, we decided to try and make a go of it. | 早上我们决定尝试破镜重圆 |
[07:51] | Stevie’s over the moon. The boy needs a mother. | Stevie现在兴高采烈的 他需要母亲 |
[07:54] | And lord knows I need a wife. | 而我非常需要妻子 |
[07:56] | So, in the future, Lois, | 所以 以后 Loise |
[07:59] | I’d appreciate a bit more support and respect for my wife. | 我希望你对我妻子多一点支持和尊敬 |
[08:03] | You’re mad at me? | 你在生我的气 |
[08:05] | Were you going to pretend that | 你打算假装过去两年 |
[08:06] | the last two years just didn’t happen? | 什么都没发生过吗 |
[08:08] | No, but I don’t see the need for you to bring it up | 不 但我认为你没必要旧事重提 |
[08:10] | when you’re not an affected party. | 你又没受到什么影响 |
[08:12] | You guys have to see this. | 你们一定要看看这个 |
[08:14] | You know how you thought I would never do anything with my life? | 你们不是觉得我一生都都一事无成么 |
[08:16] | Well, prepare to be blown away. | 准备好大吃一惊吧 |
[08:19] | I’m going for the full body, head to toe. One continuous skin. | 我要从头到脚 剥下一整块人皮 |
[08:24] | It’ll be the greatest thing ever. | 这会是前无古人的壮举 |
[08:25] | Reese, get that off my chair, and get out of here. | Reese 把那东西从我椅子上拿开 给我出去 |
[08:29] | We’re discussing something important. | 我们在讨论重要的事情 |
[08:31] | Fine. You’re not getting one dime of the film rights. | 好啊 以后你一分钱电影版权费都拿不到 |
[08:35] | Abe, how can you be mad at me? | Abe 你怎么能生我的气呢 |
[08:37] | I’ve been there for you, day after day, month after month | 是我在陪着你 日复一日 月复一月 |
[08:40] | through all the dinners, and the tearful phone conversations, | 又是一起吃晚饭 又是在电话里安慰你 |
[08:42] | the Parent-Teacher Conferences for Stevie. | 帮你参加Stevie的家长会 |
[08:44] | For God’s sake, Abe. | 老天 Abe |
[08:46] | I’m your friend | 我是你的朋友啊 |
[08:47] | Then I wish you’d start acting like one. | 那么我希望你能开始尽朋友本分 |
[08:49] | And now if you’ll excuse me. | 那么如果可以的话我就走了 |
[08:51] | I have a wedding album I have to tape back together. | 我还要回去把婚礼相册用胶带粘回去 |
[08:59] | Receive the mystic waters that unite us in fraternal bonds. | 受秘水之礼 结兄弟同盟 |
[09:05] | For though we are divided by | 虽为恶母所分 |
[09:07] | maternal evil, so shall we be. | 吾当结盟自强 |
[09:11] | Ok, I found something down there. | 我在底下找到些东西 |
[09:17] | Ok, Dewey. Eat up. | Dewey 吃完他们 |
[09:19] | You’re going to need your nourishment | 营养要及时跟上 |
[09:20] | if you’re going to get through these next three days. | 不然怎么挨得过接下来三天 |
[09:22] | You took three days off work to do this? | 你请了三天假干这个吗 |
[09:24] | Quit stalling and suck ants. | 闭嘴吸你的蚂蚁 |
[09:32] | Most…of all… | 最重要的是 |
[09:35] | I’d like… | 我想 |
[09:37] | to thank… | 感谢 |
[09:40] | my father. | 我父亲 |
[09:42] | Got it. | 搞定 |
[09:49] | Ladies and gentlemen, friends and family. | 女士们先生们 亲朋好友们 |
[09:51] | Esteemed colleagues of courtesy who honour me, | 尊敬的颁奖单位 |
[09:53] | but I can’t let this occasion pass without | 我一定要感谢你们 |
[09:55] | remarking that you all share this award. | 并与你们分享这份奖励 |
[09:57] | Tonight helped me raise a better partiality | 今晚有助我更上一层楼 |
[09:59] | as we strike a blow for stability. | 并持之以恒 |
[10:00] | As we kiss rudeness goodbye, and wish it well. And furth | 让我们吻别粗鲁 告别陋习 另 |
[10:04] | Reese, we’re working on Stevie’s speech. | Reese 我们在准备Stevie的演讲 |
[10:06] | I’m at a critical juncture, here. | 我遇到个关键节点 |
[10:08] | I’ve hit a mole, and I’m trying to decide whether | 我剥到痣上了 在纠结 |
[10:10] | I should work around it, or try to dig it out. | 是绕过去 还是挖出来 |
[10:12] | The roots are pretty shallow. | 这块皮很脆弱 |
[10:13] | That’s grotesque, Reese. | 太荒诞了 Reese |
[10:14] | You don’t understand the | 你没明白 |
[10:16] | important work I’m doing here, Malcolm. | 我这事儿的重要性 Malcolm |
[10:17] | I’m creating a new Reese. | 我在创造全新的Reese |
[10:19] | Shedding my old life. That’s how snakes live forever. | 褪去我旧有人生 蛇就是这么得永生的 |
[10:22] | You’re an idiot. | 你个白痴 |
[10:24] | I thought you boys might like some chips and lemonade. | 你们要不要来点薯片和柠檬汽水 |
[10:27] | No thanks. | 谢谢不必 |
[10:29] | My creepy Mom… | 我可怕的妈妈 |
[10:31] | gave me juice. | 给了我果汁 |
[10:35] | … not right, Hal. It’s just not right. | 怎么会这样 Hal |
[10:37] | What business do they have being angry at me? | 他们有什么理由生我的气 |
[10:39] | Kitty ruined their life. She tore them apart. | Kitty毁了他们的生活 伤透了他们的心 |
[10:41] | She tortured them for two years, and I’m the bad guy? | 折磨了他们两年 现在我倒成了坏人 |
[10:44] | I’m not the one with the S.T.D Mammectomy. | 我可没因为得了性病切除乳腺 |
[10:47] | I’m not the one who smuggled lord knows what, | 我可没走私天晓得什么东西 |
[10:49] | in lord knows where across the Turkish border. | 去土耳其边境外天晓得的哪个地方 |
[10:52] | Hal Hal? | |
[10:53] | What? You’re absolutely right, honey.You’re absolutely right, | 什么 你说得都对 亲爱的 你都对 |
[10:54] | I couldn’t have said it better myself. | 我说的没你有道理 |
[10:56] | Hal, you’re really not helping. | Hal 你都不帮忙 |
[10:57] | I’m sorry Lois, but you sort of brought this on yourself. | 抱歉 Lois 但这是你自找的 |
[11:00] | I mean, you should have known better than to say something bad | 你该明白 和妹子分手以后 |
[11:02] | about the girl after a guy breaks up with her. | 对那男的讲她坏话是不明智的 |
[11:04] | They always wind up getting back together. | 他们最后往往会和好的 |
[11:06] | This isn’t Biff and Buffy breaking up before the High School Dance. | 不是高中舞会前夕分手那样 |
[11:10] | I just… I don’t understand how he could take her back. | 我不过是 不明白他怎么还能接受她回来 |
[11:12] | He’s in love with her. And despite everything that’s | 他爱她 就算有种种过往 |
[11:15] | happened, he’s still in love with her. I understand that. | 他依然爱她的 这个我理解 |
[11:17] | I would take you back if it happened to us. | 如果发生在我们身上我也会接受你 |
[11:20] | Oh, you would not. How can you say that? | 你才不会 你怎么能这么说 |
[11:22] | There’s no life without you. | 没有你我怎么活 |
[11:27] | Oh, shut up and go to sleep. | 闭嘴 睡你的觉去 |
[11:32] | Aren’t you a little old for this? | 你这年纪还干这个合适吗 |
[11:33] | Prepare to drink from the challis of brotherhood. | 准备喝下兄弟盟约之水吧 |
[11:37] | Something smells horrible. Is that the drip pan? | 闻起来好恶心 这是盛水盘么 |
[11:41] | You’re not supposed to know. | 你不该知道 |
[11:44] | I’m not drinking from that. It’s disgusting. | 我才不喝那里的水 太恶心了 |
[11:46] | Yes, it is disgusting, but it must be done. | 是的 是很恶心 但你必须喝 |
[11:49] | Oh, man. | 天哪 |
[11:55] | Awesome, Dewey. You did it! | 太棒了 Dewey 你做到了 |
[11:57] | I’m done? | 我完成啦 |
[11:58] | You passed with flying colours. | 你成功通过考验了 |
[12:00] | You are now a Full Brother. | 你是全方位好兄弟了 |
[12:02] | Now I would like to present to you… | 现在 我很荣幸的呈献给你 |
[12:04] | … the Cookie of Brotherhood. | 兄弟饼干 |
[12:09] | – That’s it? – What do you mean? | – 就这个啊 – 你什么意思 |
[12:11] | I did all that crap for a stupid cookie? | 做了那些破事就为了一块蠢饼干 |
[12:13] | It’s a meaningful cookie. | 这是充满意义的饼干 |
[12:15] | It’s a symbol of something really cool and special, | 它代表的东西炫酷又特别 |
[12:17] | you little ingrate. | 你这小白眼狼 |
[12:18] | It’s a symbol of what an idiot I am. | 它代表我有多蠢 |
[12:20] | You know nothing of fraternity and sacred rituals. | 你根本不了解兄弟会和它神圣的仪式 |
[12:23] | Give me back my cookie. | 把我的饼干还给我 |
[12:28] | Well, I hit a little bump in the road. | 我遇到麻烦了 |
[12:30] | I totally forgot I wasn’t sunburnt underneath my swimming suit. | 我完全忘了我穿着泳裤的地方是没晒伤的 |
[12:34] | Are you wearing legwarmers? | 你这是在穿袜套么 |
[12:35] | Anything worth doing, is worth doing right. | 只要值得 就要做好 |
[12:43] | And…save. | 保存 |
[12:44] | I think this is going to work. | 我想应该能行 |
[12:46] | Why is… | 为什么 |
[12:47] | your mom … | 你妈妈 |
[12:49] | so mean? | 这么坏 |
[12:50] | I guess when you find something you’re really good at, | 要是有件事儿你非常擅长 |
[12:52] | you just stick with it. | 你也一定会一直做下去 |
[12:53] | I’m glad … | 很高兴 |
[12:55] | you understand … | 你可以理解 |
[12:57] | about my mother. | 我妈妈 |
[12:59] | Why would you ever think that? | 你为什么那么想 |
[13:01] | What? | 什么 |
[13:01] | Stevie, I’m sure whatever | Stevie 我相信不管 |
[13:02] | my mom said was way too harsh, and totally unjustified. | 我妈妈的话多严厉多不公 |
[13:05] | But your mom abandoned you guys. | 但是你妈妈抛弃了你们 |
[13:07] | Don’t you even care about all the crap she put you and your dad through? | 难道你完全不在乎她留你们的那些烂摊子吗 |
[13:10] | She shouldn’t be able to just say “I’m sorry” and get away with it. | 只是说句”对不起”不能算完 |
[13:13] | This … | 这场 |
[13:15] | Conversation … | 谈话 |
[13:18] | is .. | 结 |
[13:20] | over… | 束 |
[13:23] | right … | 到此 |
[13:25] | now. | 为止 |
[13:27] | Can anyone help me? I can’t reach this. | 有人能帮我么 我够不到这里 |
[13:29] | Get that thing out of here. | 把那东西拿走 |
[13:30] | You’re spending all this time with Stevie, | 你所有的时间都花在Srevie身上 |
[13:32] | helping him with his little Wussy Award, | 帮他弄他的废柴奖 |
[13:34] | and you won’t even | 却不愿意 |
[13:35] | help someone in your own family reach a mortality? | 帮家人获得永生吗 |
[13:37] | MOVE! | 让开 |
[13:38] | Stevie Stevie … | |
[13:39] | Wait, Guys! | 你们等一下 |
[13:41] | Ok, ok. I see how it is. | 好吧 我算看明白了 |
[13:44] | You want my dream to die! | 你们想要葬送我的梦想 |
[13:55] | I’m sorry you guys are going to miss Stevie’s award. | 很抱歉你们要错过Stevie的颁奖仪式了 |
[13:57] | Make sure you keep checking in on Dewey. | 一定要照看好Dewey |
[13:59] | What did the doctor say? | 医生怎么说 |
[14:00] | It’s weird. He said it’s some kind of intestinal | 奇了怪了 他说是肠道有问题 |
[14:02] | thing that people in third world countries | 一般都是在第三世界国家 |
[14:04] | get from drinking stagnant water. | 喝脏水引起的 |
[14:06] | Huh. That is weird. | 是好奇怪 |
[14:09] | – You know, you don’t have to go. – Oh, Hal. | – 你不一定非要去的 – Hal |
[14:11] | Stevie’s a wonderful boy. I’m going to go and support him. | Stevie是个好孩子 我一定要去支持他 |
[14:14] | – He doesn’t want you there. – Well, that’s too damn bad. | – 他不想你去 – 那真糟糕 |
[14:17] | I’m going to support him whether he wants it or not. | 不管他怎么想我都要去支持他 |
[14:19] | They think I’m the one with the problem, and they are wrong, Hal. | 他们认为过错在我 但他们错了 Hal |
[14:22] | They are wrong. And I’m not going to let them get away with it. | 他们错了 我不会就这么算了 |
[14:24] | I just think it’s going to be a little… uncomfortable. | 我觉得你去会有一点 不和谐 |
[14:26] | Oh, I guarantee it’s going to be a little uncomfortable. | 我保证一定会有一点不和谐 |
[14:29] | And if you do anything to make it any | 如果你做任何让大家 |
[14:31] | less uncomfortable, I will never forgive you. | 觉得和谐的事儿 我就永远不会原谅你 |
[14:44] | Oh, thank you, Sir Please A Lot and and Jam Masters, thank you. | 谢谢你们超级礼貌先生和说唱大师 谢谢你们 |
[14:48] | Who says rap has to be rude? | 谁说饶舌一定都是粗口呢 |
[14:55] | I wish I could thank each and every one of you, | 我想依次感谢在座的每一位 |
[14:57] | for making this night possible. | 为今晚的晚会成功举办所做的努力 |
[15:00] | But there isn’t time. | 但是现在没有时间了 |
[15:03] | I’m kidding. Of course, there is. | 开玩笑的 当然有的是时间 |
[15:07] | Erin Errison, Barnett Errison, Barnett Errison Junior… | Erin Errison, Barnett Errison, 小Barnett Errison |
[15:14] | I can’t believe you brought that thing with you. | 难以置信 你竟然随身带着那个 |
[15:16] | It has a name, Malcolm. | 他有名字的 Malcom |
[15:18] | Even though the mashed potatoes are | 尽管土豆泥不该和 |
[15:20] | not supposed to come with the duck, | 鸭子混一起 |
[15:21] | cram them in there, anyway. Whether the duck likes it or not. | 还是把它们填进去 管它鸭子喜不喜欢呢 |
[15:25] | – Ma’am? – The beef. | – 夫人你呢 – 牛肉 |
[15:26] | Even though it’s the carrots that are the | 尽管胡萝卜才是问题 |
[15:28] | problem, I’d like to exclude the broccoli. | 但是我决定不要西兰花 |
[15:31] | That may work as a metaphor, Ma’am, | 这些话可能挺有寓意 夫人 |
[15:33] | but you’re really screwing up your entrée. | 但你们真是糟蹋了你的头道菜 |
[15:35] | I’ll just have another Margarita. | 我再要一杯玛格丽特 |
[15:37] | Oh, and hurry, it’s sort of an emergency. | 请快点上 我有点着急要 |
[15:41] | You need another roll in there, Dewey? | 你还再要一卷卫生纸么 |
[15:43] | Shut up! | 闭嘴 |
[15:45] | I’m really sorry. I got carried away. | 我很抱歉 我是有点过分 |
[15:48] | I just… I missed you guys. | 我只是太想念你们了 |
[15:51] | And let’s face it, torture and humiliation | 面对现实吧 作弄羞辱对方 |
[15:52] | are the only ways we have ever known to say we love each other. | 是我们仅有的表达爱的方式 |
[15:56] | You know you’re only making yourself feel better. | 你这么说只安慰自己而已 |
[15:58] | Ok, ok. | 好吧 好吧 |
[16:01] | I want to give you something, Dewey. Something special. | 我想要告诉你一件特别的事 Dewey |
[16:04] | I’ve never even told Reese or Malcolm about it. | 我从来没有跟Reese和Malcolm说过 |
[16:06] | It’s like the ultimate defence | 是对爸妈的终极防御手段 |
[16:08] | against Mom and Dad, It’s totally bullet-proof. | 一招在手 刀枪不入 |
[16:11] | I’m listening. | 我在听 |
[16:12] | In Mom and Dad’s bedroom, on the nightstand next to Mom’s side | 在他们卧室里 妈妈那边的床头柜上 |
[16:15] | is a big vanilla candle, have you seen it? | 有一只大大的香草味蜡烛 见过吗 |
[16:18] | – Yeah … – Mom and Dad like to use that candle, | – 嗯 – 爸妈喜欢用那个蜡烛 |
[16:20] | when they, uh – lock their door and do grownup stuff. | 嗯 关上门做成年人的事情 |
[16:25] | You mean sex? | 你是说做爱吧 |
[16:27] | I’m afraid so. | 恐怕是 |
[16:28] | Now it’s gotten to the point that every time that candle is lit, | 重点是 每次这个蜡烛点燃 |
[16:31] | all they can think about is, | 他们就只会想 |
[16:34] | going back to their room. | 回他们房间去 |
[16:35] | I have never seen it miss. | 从来没有例外 |
[16:41] | Wow. Thanks. | 哇 谢谢 |
[16:42] | We are now Brothers of the Candle. | 我们现在是蜡烛兄弟了 |
[16:44] | Francis, you’ve got to stop that. | Francis 别再说这种话了 |
[16:51] | I’ll have another Margarita. | 再给我一杯玛格丽特 |
[16:54] | Wow, I’m learning a lot tonight. | 哇 我今天晚上学到好多 |
[16:56] | I never dreamed there were so many ways of saying “thank you”. | 没想到有这么多方法可以说谢谢 |
[16:58] | I wish there were more ways to say “you’re not welcome”. | 我倒希望有更多的方式说 “我们不欢迎你” |
[17:01] | Excuse me. | 失陪一下 |
[17:03] | You know what I never have? A Margarita. | 你知道我还缺什么吗 一杯玛格丽特 |
[17:11] | Lois, please. This is just too tense. | Lois 拜托了 气氛太紧张了 |
[17:13] | I’m sorry. I don’t have amnesia. | 抱歉 我可没有健忘症 |
[17:15] | You’re the only one who has a problem with this. | 你是唯一还有芥蒂的人 |
[17:18] | You, are one polite old bag, | 你真是个有礼貌的老太婆 |
[17:21] | you know that, honey? | 你知道么 亲爱的 |
[17:23] | Excuse me. | 失陪一下 |
[17:24] | Come here, Oldie. Give us a hug | 过来 老人家 给人家个抱抱 |
[17:26] | He’s cut off. | 他喝多了 |
[17:28] | Hey, that’s Kitty Kenarban at your table, right? | 嘿 坐在你那桌的是Kitty Kenarban么 |
[17:30] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[17:31] | So are both of you into the same scene? | 所以你们是演同一出戏的么 |
[17:34] | You know, sniffsniff, reeeowwwww? | 你懂的 嗅嗅 喵呜 |
[17:36] | I beg your pardon? | 你再说一遍 |
[17:37] | Ahhh, nothing, nothing. Ahh, listen, um – | 啊 没事没事 听着 |
[17:40] | Could you give this to Kitty? | 你能把这个给Kittty么 |
[17:42] | We were both in the uh, Choir together, and I thought, | 我们在同一个 合唱团 我想 |
[17:44] | maybe she’d like to join us for practice sometime? | 她会不会想加入我们的排练 |
[17:48] | I’d be happy to. | 我会的 |
[17:50] | Ladies and gentlemen, please welcome | 女士们先生们 请热烈欢迎我们 |
[17:52] | beloved PBS Children’s TV icon, Frank Walston. | 挚爱的PBS儿童电视偶像 Frank Walston |
[17:59] | Before we bring out our Guest of Honour, | 在我们请出获奖嘉宾前 |
[18:01] | I’d like to say a few words about courtesy. | 我想要先谈谈礼貌 |
[18:05] | Now, I know that good manners sometimes | 我认为礼貌举止 |
[18:07] | seem like just a bunch of dumb old rules | 有时就像是一堆家长发明的 |
[18:10] | our parents invented, so they could scold us… | 愚蠢老规矩 只是用来责骂我们的理由 |
[18:12] | You got that right! | 这个你说对了 |
[18:16] | …but, but, manners are so much more. | 但是礼貌比这个有深意多了 |
[18:18] | Only human beings have a system that | 只有人类有这样的传统 |
[18:22] | reminds us to care about each other. | 使我们互相关心 |
[18:24] | It is how we live in grace. | 我们才能体面地活着 |
[18:27] | Manners are what allow us to be kind to each other, | 礼貌使我们友善 |
[18:30] | to live with each other, | 和谐地生活在一起 |
[18:32] | but most importantly, | 但是最重要的是 |
[18:34] | they are how we forgive each other. | 礼貌让我们互相谅解 |
[18:38] | and in the end they allow us to | 并且最终使得我们 |
[18:40] | listen to the voices of our bitter angels. | 能听到他们的心中的苦闷 |
[18:45] | Now, can I tell you… | 现在 请听我说 |
[18:53] | Kitty, please forgive me. | Kitty 请原谅我 |
[18:57] | …well, the best part is yet to come. | 晚会高潮即将到来 |
[18:59] | So, let us give a warm, courtesy welcome, | 现在请热情欢迎我们 |
[19:03] | to this year’s gallant. No goof is he. Our own Stevie Kenarban. | 今年的获奖者 他可不笨哦 我们的Stevie Kenarban |
[19:20] | “Ladies and gentlemen, friends and family, | 女士们先生们 亲朋好友们 |
[19:21] | esteemed colleagues of courtesy, | 尊敬的颁奖单位 |
[19:25] | But I can’t let this occasion pass without remarking that you all blow-blow-blow-blow. | 此刻我一定要说 你们都 打呀打呀打呀 |
[19:31] | It means so much and requires so little to | 对我而言意义重大 却又只需 |
[19:34] | take a moment to kiss my butt. | 你们花点时间来亲我屁股 |
[19:37] | In conclusion, I feel the evening | 最后 不向全世界说出 |
[19:38] | would be incomplete without telling that world that | 下面这句话 这个夜晚就太不完整了 |
[19:40] | I am actually a lady. | 我其实是个女人 |
[19:43] | Thank you, Go to Hell. | 谢谢大家 见鬼去吧 |
[19:46] | He can talk! | 他可以讲话啦 |
[19:47] | He’s cured! | 他被治愈啦 |
[19:51] | Reese, your punishment | Reese 在你把浴室地板 |
[19:53] | isn’t over until that bathroom floor is | 弄得干净到可以吃 |
[19:55] | so clean you can eat off it | 掉在上面东西前 |
[19:56] | which is what you’re going to be doing for the next two weeks. | 你得一直受罚 而且你要连做两个星期 |
[19:58] | And get rid of that thing, it’s disgusting. | 扔了那个东西 太恶心了 |
[20:02] | Disgusting? | 恶心 |
[20:03] | If Malcolm made another him out of hair, | 如果Malcolm用头发做一个他的分身 |
[20:05] | you’d be throwing a parade for him right now. | 你都要给他办个游行嘉年华了 |
[20:08] | AAAARRRRGGGGHHHH! Noooo! | 啊 不 |
[20:09] | It just took it. | 它就这么被吸走 |
[20:14] | That could have been me. | 本来可能是我被吸走的 |
[20:22] | I need a few minutes alone with the vacuum. | 我需要和吸尘器单独待一会儿 |
[20:35] | You’re supposed to sign this. | 这个要你们的签名 |
[20:39] | Disrupted class? | 扰乱课堂纪律 |
[20:42] | Insulted the teacher? | 侮辱老师 |
[20:43] | Insulted the teacher? Dewey! You are in so much – | 侮辱老师 Dewey 你麻烦可 |
[20:46] | trouble. | 大了 |
[20:48] | Ok, first of all we have to figure out a punish– | 首先我们要想一个 |
[20:51] | uh, punishment. | 惩罚措施 |
[20:53] | – That’s right, and it’s going to be really, really | – 是的 而且会非常非常 |
[20:56] | That’s nice, honey. | 可以了 亲爱的 |
[20:58] | You are going to … uh, to | 你会 嗯 |
[21:03] | Uh, Dewey, we’re going to talk about this later. | 嗯 Dewey 我们过会儿再聊这个 |
[21:05] | That’s right | 完全正确 |
[21:06] | Lois, there’s something in the bedroom. I’ve wanted to show you. | Lois 卧室里有样东西给你看 |