时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:00] | Wow, I remember this: this is Reese’s fifth birthday. | 噢 我记得这是Reese五岁生日的时候 |
[00:03] | This must be Christmas the same year. | 这应该是那一年的圣诞节 |
[00:05] | He grew up so fast. | 他长得真快 |
[00:07] | He sure did. | 确实 |
[00:09] | Here’s Malcolm’s first day at school. | Malcolm第一次上学 |
[00:11] | Oh… | 噢 |
[00:13] | Remember when we lost Dewey at the flea market. | 还记得我们在跳蚤市场弄丢Dewey的那次吗 |
[00:16] | Still keeps great time. | 现在想起来都好逗 |
[00:20] | You want to go through the arrest reports? | 想再看看那次被捕的报道吗 |
[00:22] | I’ll pour some more wine. | 容我再倒些酒 |
[00:58] | Hal, do you want Raisin Bran or oatmeal? | Hal 你想要葡萄干小麦片还是燕麦片 |
[01:00] | Oatmeal. | 燕麦片 |
[01:00] | No, wait… Raisin Bran. | 不 还是葡萄干小麦片 |
[01:02] | No, no… oatmeal. | 不 燕麦片 |
[01:06] | Oh, but Raisin Bran’s got that crunch. | 可是葡萄干小麦片咬起来脆脆的 |
[01:08] | And those raisins. | 还有那些美味的葡萄干 |
[01:09] | But sometimes you get too many raisins. | 但有时葡萄干又吃得太多 |
[01:11] | You don’t have that problem with oatmeal. | 换燕麦片就不会有这种问题 |
[01:13] | Oh, but oatmeal can be lumpy. | 可燕麦容易结块 |
[01:15] | But sometimes good lumpy. | 有时结得还挺好 |
[01:17] | But, not usually. | 但大多数是不好的 |
[01:18] | So definitely it’s going to be Raisin Bran… no, eggs! | 给我葡萄干小麦片 不 还是鸡蛋吧 |
[01:22] | You’re having Raisin Bran. | 葡萄干小麦片来了 |
[01:23] | Oh, God, thank you. | 天哪 谢谢你 |
[01:24] | Hal, I don’t know why you have such a hard time making decisions. | Hal 我不知道你怎么得了选择强迫症 |
[01:29] | Hal, sweetie. | Hal 亲爱的 |
[01:30] | You have to decide. For your birthday, | 你必须得决定 你的生日 |
[01:32] | do you want a petting zoo or a clown? | 想要动物表演还是小丑表演 |
[01:35] | Both? | 都要可以吗 |
[01:42] | Who knows? Probably no reason. | 鬼知道呢 也许没有原因 |
[01:43] | You might as well ask me why I’m afraid of clowns and snakes. | 你还不如问我为什么怕小丑和蛇 |
[01:47] | Good morning, everybody. | 各位 早上好 |
[01:48] | Hey, Craig. | 嘿 Craig |
[01:49] | Thanks for offering me a ride to work today. That’s nice of you. | 多谢你让我搭便车 你人真好 |
[01:51] | My pleasure. | 我的荣幸 |
[01:53] | Hey, gee whiz, you know who | 哎呀 你知道 |
[01:54] | I haven’t seen in the longest time? Your boys. | 我很久没和谁打招呼了吗 你的儿子们 |
[01:56] | I think I’ll just drop in and say an innocent hello. | 我顺便去打个简单的招呼吧 |
[02:00] | Hey, boys, what do you say | 孩子们 你们觉得 |
[02:01] | the four of us have a giant tickle party?! | 我们四个来一个搞怪派对怎么样 |
[02:03] | Okay, that was just a cover I didn’t want to alarm your parents. | 刚刚只是个幌子 我不想惊扰到你们的父母 |
[02:06] | What’s going on? | 怎么回事 |
[02:07] | I need you guys to teach me how to fight. | 我需要你们教我怎么打架 |
[02:09] | There’s this jerk who’s always picking on me, and I’m sick of it. | 有个混蛋老是找我麻烦 老子受够了 |
[02:13] | Why are you asking us? | 那你为什么问我们 |
[02:14] | Because this guy’s stronger and faster than me. | 因为这个混蛋比我壮 出手比我快 |
[02:16] | The only chance I’ve got is if I fight dirty. | 我唯一的手段就是耍阴招了 |
[02:18] | And let’s face it, your family is legendary for that. | 老实说 你们一家人就是这方面的鼻祖 |
[02:21] | Well, people exaggerate… | 承蒙大家看得起了 |
[02:23] | Please, you’ve got to teach me everything you know. | 拜托 你们一定要倾囊相授啊 |
[02:25] | I don’t think that’s such a great idea. | 我觉得不妥 |
[02:27] | I mean, I teach you some tricks, you teach them to someone else, | 我教你 你教别人 |
[02:30] | he teaches them to another guy and sooner or later, I’m in a fair fight. | 别人继续教给更多的人 以后我就得和别人公平斗争了 |
[02:34] | Sorry, Craig. | 不好意思 Craig |
[02:36] | What am I supposed to do? | 我该怎么办 |
[02:38] | I came to you guys asking for help | 我来找你们帮忙 |
[02:40] | because that’s what I thought friends do for their friends. | 以为这是朋友该做的 |
[02:44] | – Dude, calm down. – I though we meant to each other. | – 伙计 别激动 – 我以为我们是真正的友谊 |
[02:47] | I mean, after all these years, | 这么多年来 |
[02:49] | after everything I’ve done for you… | 我为你们做了这么多 |
[02:51] | – Craig, stop it. – I can’t help it. | – Craig 别这样 – 我忍不住 |
[02:55] | Okay. I guess we can teach you a few move. Just stop crying. | 好吧 我想我们可以教你几招 你别哭就行 |
[02:59] | Really? | 真的吗 |
[03:00] | I mean, you’re not just saying that? | 你不是只说说而已 |
[03:01] | You’ll teach me how to fight dirty? | 你真的会教我耍阴招 |
[03:04] | Yes. But you’re gonna have to fully commit to this. | 是的 但你得认真学 |
[03:07] | And you need to know that once you start training with us, | 一旦我们开始训练你 |
[03:09] | you’re gonna see the world differently. | 你会进入一个新世界 |
[03:11] | And there’s nothing we can ever do to restore your innocence. | 从此纯真是路人 |
[03:15] | Thank you so much. | 谢谢你们 |
[03:17] | You guys are the best. | 你们最赞了 |
[03:19] | You hug me, and the lesson starts right now. | 碰了我 现在就开始受苦哦 |
[03:25] | Hi. I’m Peter Rubin from Bernstein, Wyatt and McCormick. | 你好 我是B&W&MC律师事务所的Rubin |
[03:27] | Are you Hal? | 你是Hal吧 |
[03:28] | Look, I’ll tell you what I tell all the other lawyers. | 我对所有律师只有一句话 |
[03:30] | Look around. This skeleton | 看吧 家徒四壁 |
[03:32] | has been picked clean. But go ahead, sue away. | 随你们便 尽管告 |
[03:35] | Actually, that’s not why I’m here. | 事实上 我不是为这个来的 |
[03:38] | I’ll leave you a copy of the will to go through on your own, | 我给你一份遗嘱的复件 你自己看一下 |
[03:40] | but the bottom line is that Mr. Edelman has given you power of attorney. | 总之呢 Edelman先生选你做他的代理人 |
[03:44] | The family on the corner with the boat on the lawn? | 就是住在角落 草坪上还停了只船的那家吗 |
[03:46] | I barely even knew the man. | 我根本不认识他 |
[03:47] | Why would he give me power of attorney? | 怎么会让我代理 |
[03:49] | Well, there are some difficult | 家家有本难念的经 |
[03:51] | family issues involved, and he wanted someone impartial. | 旁观者清嘛 |
[03:53] | Apparently, he considers | 很明显 他觉得 |
[03:54] | everyone else in the neighborhood a friend. | 邻里都是朋友 |
[03:57] | So I’m the one that has to decide how all his stuff gets divided? | 所以由我来决定怎么分配他的遗产吗 |
[04:00] | What? No. | 噢 不是 |
[04:01] | Oh, thank God. | 谢天谢地 |
[04:02] | No, he’s not dead. He’s in a coma on life support. | 他没死 现在靠药物维持着活死人状态 |
[04:05] | You have to decide whether or not to pull the plug. | 你来决定什么时候拔了输液管 |
[04:10] | What am I going to do? | 我该怎么办 |
[04:11] | A man’s life is in my hands. | 一个人的生命就在我手中 |
[04:13] | This isn’t paper or plastic. This is life or death. | 这可不是一张纸 这是一个生命 |
[04:16] | There’s nothing more life or death than life or death. | 没有比生死更重要的事了 |
[04:18] | Hal, calm down. Panicking isn’t going to help. | Hal 冷静点 紧张帮不了你 |
[04:21] | You know, this is all your fault. | 这都是你的错 |
[04:22] | What?! | 什么 |
[04:23] | I am completely unprepared for this. I’ve had no practice. | 我完全没准备 我从没练习过 |
[04:26] | I haven’t made a decision around here in years. | 我已经好多年没有做过决定了 |
[04:29] | When exactly did it get to the point | 从什么时候开始 |
[04:30] | where you make all the decisions in our marriage? | 你决定我们所有的决定 |
[04:32] | When you said, “Lois, I want | 自打你说 Lois 我要你 |
[04:33] | you to make all the decisions in our marriage.” | 为我们决定一切的时候 |
[04:36] | Well, you didn’t have to listen to me. | 我说什么你都听吗 |
[04:38] | Oh, I got all this stuff racing through my mind. | 噢 我现在脑子里一团乱麻 |
[04:41] | I, I can’t eat, I can’t sleep… | 我吃不好 睡不着 |
[04:44] | Oh, Hal, if you want, I’ll make the decision for you. | Hal 如果你愿意 我可以帮你决定 |
[04:47] | No. | 不 |
[04:48] | I was given this responsibility. | 这是我的责任与义务 |
[04:50] | A man entrusted his fate in my hands. | 一个人把他的命运交到我的手里 |
[04:52] | I can’t just shrug that off. | 我不能潦草行事 |
[04:54] | I can do this. | 我一定能做好的 |
[04:56] | I just need to focus my mind on the problem and think clearly. | 我只是需要深思熟虑 |
[05:04] | Yes. | 是的 |
[05:05] | I’ve got it! | 有了 |
[05:06] | Lois, I have made the decision. | Lois 我做好决定了 |
[05:10] | Want to guess what it is? | 你觉得是什么 |
[05:11] | Hal Hal. | |
[05:12] | Oh, all right. | 好吧 |
[05:13] | I’ll keep trying. | 我再试试 |
[05:15] | Craig, I’d like to welcome you | Craig 我来给你展示一下 |
[05:17] | to the first day of your new, more vicious life. | 你全新的贱人生活 |
[05:20] | I give you… the human body. | 我给你一个 假人的身体 |
[05:24] | For clarity, we’ve divided | 为了明确目标 我已经把它分成了 |
[05:25] | it into the three major theaters of operation. | 三个主要攻击部分 |
[05:28] | The head. | 头 |
[05:30] | The torso. | 躯干 |
[05:33] | And what are those? | 那些是什么 |
[05:34] | You know what those are. | 你懂的 |
[05:36] | Now the first thing you | 首先你该知道的 |
[05:37] | need to know is that this is all about pride. | 就是尊严 |
[05:40] | Do you have pride, Craig? | 你有尊严吗 Craig |
[05:41] | Yes. | 有 |
[05:42] | Okay, that is not the answer I was looking for. | 这可不是我要的答案 |
[05:44] | You show me a man with pride, | 一个有廉耻之心的人 |
[05:45] | and I’ll show you a man with limited options. | 是成不了大事的 |
[05:47] | Let’s say that this is your opponent, and he’s coming after you. | 假如这是你的对手 他马上要攻击你 |
[05:51] | Hey, man, we can work this out. I didn’t know she was your girl. | 嘿 兄弟 我们和平解决 我不知道她是你马子 |
[05:56] | See? Now he’s blind, | 看到没 瞎了 |
[05:57] | and you have the time to really get creative. | 然后你就可以随便动手了 |
[06:00] | Personally, I like to leave at least | 我个人喜欢至少让他留一个 |
[06:01] | one sense intact so he knows what’s happening to him. | 完整的感官 去感受自己有多惨 |
[06:05] | I knew I came to the right place. | 我就知道我来对了地方 |
[06:07] | Okay, Dewey, you’re up. | Dewey 该你了 |
[06:10] | Okay, first, I’m going to need you to take off your glasses. | 首先 我需要你取下你的眼镜 |
[06:13] | Ow! My eyes! | 噢 我的眼睛 |
[06:15] | I didn’t know we were starting! | 我不知道我们就开始了 |
[06:17] | There is no starting in dirty fighting. | 耍阴招是不讲规则的 |
[06:20] | Life is one big fight | 人生就是一次大战 |
[06:21] | from the day you’re born to the day you die. | 从出生斗争到死 |
[06:24] | Okay. Maybe we should slow down a little. | 好吧 也许我们该慢点来 |
[06:27] | Ow! | 嗷 |
[06:28] | Time out! Time out! | 暂停 暂停 |
[06:32] | I think we’re wasting our time here. | 孺子不可教也 |
[06:33] | Let’s just kick him in the kidneys and call it a night. | 我们废了他然后收工 |
[06:35] | No! Please! | 别 不要 |
[06:36] | I know I suck, but I want to be better. | 我知道我很挫 但我想做好 |
[06:39] | Please. I’ll try harder, I promise. | 我一定下狠心 我保证 |
[06:42] | Let me try something. | 我来试试 |
[06:44] | All right, Craig, listen. | 好的 Craig 听着 |
[06:46] | I want you to think. | 我要你这么想 |
[06:48] | I want you to visualize every | 你把每一个欺负过你的 |
[06:50] | bully that ever picked on you or beat you up. | 恶霸都形象化 |
[06:53] | Really see the look of | 真正地看到他们扁你的时候 |
[06:54] | contempt on their faces as they pounded on you. | 脸上挂着的藐视 |
[06:58] | – You got it? – Mm-hmm. | – 懂了吗 – 嗯 |
[07:00] | Now, picture what they were looking at. | 现在 想象他们在看着什么 |
[07:03] | Oh. It’s disgusting! | 啊 我要愤怒了 |
[07:25] | Is he going for the plums? | 他是要爆蛋蛋了吗 |
[07:26] | It appears so. | 貌似是 |
[07:31] | Well, he sure won’t have to | 好吧 他不用担心 |
[07:32] | worry about the guy’s children coming after him. | 被打的人有儿子为父报仇了 |
[07:38] | Look at him. | 你看他 |
[07:41] | He can’t even move, | 动都动不了 |
[07:42] | and still you can see how much he’s suffering. | 但你却可以看到他有多痛苦 |
[07:45] | Lying there, enduring the pain, hour after endless hour. | 躺在那儿 忍受着痛苦 无穷无尽的痛苦 |
[07:52] | You can see in his face | 可以从脸上看得出 |
[07:53] | he’s just begging to be put out of his misery. | 他祈求着摆脱痛苦 |
[07:56] | – It’s awful. – Oh God, yes. | – 太惨了 – 可不是 |
[08:02] | Look at him. Look how hard he’s fighting. | 看看他 看他斗争得多艰难 |
[08:05] | Those clenched hands, the set of his jaw. | 紧绷的手 还有下巴 |
[08:08] | It’s inspiring to see such a fierce will to live. | 这求生的欲望多么鼓舞人心 |
[08:11] | He really wants to make it. | 他真的很想挺过来 |
[08:14] | It’s beautiful. He’s really gonna… | 太美了 他真的要 |
[08:26] | Here’s extra pudding if… | 这里是多余的布丁 如果 |
[08:31] | Okay, it was a good plan having the guy meet you here. | 让那个混蛋在这里见你是再好不过了 |
[08:34] | We’ve set up a few things to | 我们提前弄好陷阱 |
[08:35] | give you a little edge if you get in trouble. | 好让你处于劣势时能有点办法 |
[08:37] | There’s a broken bottle in that pile of leaves, | 那片落叶下面有个破瓶子 |
[08:39] | and a can of bug spray under the Big Wheel. | 大轮子下有一罐杀虫剂 |
[08:41] | If it runs out, it still makes a | 如果药用完了 罐子仍是 |
[08:42] | – great blunt object. – Remember, we’re here for you. | – 一个钝器 – 记着 我们挺你 |
[08:45] | Unless it looks like you’re getting a total beating. | 除非你要遭痛扁了 |
[08:47] | Then I may have to take his side. | 那我就会站在他那边 |
[08:48] | Don’t worry. I hate this guy more than anyone on Earth. | 别担心 我恨他恨到骨子里 |
[08:51] | This jerk is going to finally get what he deserves. | 这贱人要遭报应了 |
[08:55] | Craigy Craigy? | |
[08:57] | Is that you back there? | 是你吗 |
[08:59] | Hello, Dad. | 你好 老爸 |
[09:08] | For God’s sake, son, you have no upper body strength at all. | 天呐 宝贝 你上身完全没力气 |
[09:12] | I know girls that could get out of this hold. | 女孩子都可以摆脱这个 |
[09:14] | Get your foot off my neck so I can kill you. | 把你的脚从我脖子上拿开 我好杀了你 |
[09:18] | Craigy, do you have any idea how pathetic you look right now? | Craigy 你知道你现在多可悲吗 |
[09:21] | Do you even care? | 你还在乎吗 |
[09:22] | Are you so wrapped up with being a useless piece | 你知道你已经肥到 |
[09:25] | of pudge that you can’t even see how embarrassed you’re making me? | 万劫不复的境地了吗 丢我的老脸 |
[09:29] | Um, I think he needs to breathe. | 呃 我觉得他要断气了 |
[09:33] | I’m going to let you up now. I want you to dust yourself off, | 我要放开你了 我希望你能自己拍干净屁股 |
[09:36] | suck in your gut, and introduce me to your friends. | 平息呼吸 然后跟我介绍一下你的朋友 |
[09:40] | I’m not doing anything you tell me. I hate you. | 我就不听你的 我恨你 |
[09:43] | And I wasn’t even choking. I was faking it. | 我刚刚根本就没有吐不过气来 我装的 |
[09:46] | Vic Feldspar. Nice to meet you, boys. | 我是Vic Feldspar 很高兴见到你们 小伙子们 |
[09:49] | – I’m this one’s father, I guess. – Father? Ha! | – 我是这东西的爸爸 也许是 – 父亲 呵呵 |
[09:52] | You pretended not to know me at the father-son picnic. | 在父子野餐上你假装不认识我 |
[09:55] | Sorry I wasn’t swelling with pride while | 不好意思 我没有在你舔别人玉米上的黄油时 |
[09:57] | I watched you suck the butter off other people’s corncobs. | 放下我的面子 |
[10:00] | You wonder why I’m so messed up? | 你知道我为何生活仍如此糟糕吗 |
[10:02] | It’s because from the day I was born, I’ve heard | 因为从我出生那天起 |
[10:05] | nothing but four-count Burpees and constant, lisping criticism. | 我就不断听到风言风语 |
[10:09] | Why don’t you go back to San Diego and all your macho friends? | 你咋不滚回圣地亚哥跟你那群练肌肉的朋友一起 |
[10:12] | I’m not leaving until you seriously think about my offer. | 你不仔细考虑我提供的条件 我是不会走的 |
[10:16] | I don’t want your stupid gymnasiums. | 我才不要你那傻逼健身房 |
[10:19] | I told you. | 我告诉过你 |
[10:20] | Craigy, the people in Chicago put in a very nice bid. | Craigy 芝加哥有人开了很高的价 |
[10:24] | I can’t put them off anymore. This is your last chance. | 我几乎无法拒绝 这是你最后的机会 |
[10:28] | He wants to give you a string of gymnasiums? | 他要给你健身房连锁店啊 |
[10:30] | As long as he can get me back under his thumb. | 只要他不再管我 |
[10:32] | Actually, I’m giving them up either way. | 事实上 我不管怎样都会放弃的 |
[10:34] | It’s time for me to retire. | 我也是时候退休了 |
[10:36] | I got a top of the line Fleetwood RV. | 我买了一个高档的凯迪拉克房车 |
[10:38] | I’m going to drag it across America with my teeth. | 我将用我的牙齿把它拖遍美国大陆 |
[10:41] | Son, don’t be an idiot. There is still a chance I can fix you. | 孩子 别傻了 我有的是机会修理你 |
[10:46] | I don’t care. I’m not going back with you. | 我不管 反正我不会跟你一起回去 |
[10:49] | I escaped, and I’m staying escaped. | 我以前逃了 以后还会逃 |
[10:51] | Okay, you’re obviously hysterical. | 好吧 你现在太激动了 |
[10:54] | I’ve got to start my 30-mile run. | 我得开始跑30英里了 |
[10:56] | That gives you two hours and 16 minutes to calm down. | 你有2个小时零16分钟的时间冷静下来 |
[10:59] | Meet me at Applebee’s, | 跟我在苹果蜂饭店见面 |
[11:00] | and we’ll try to discuss this like grown-ups. | 然后再试着以成年人身份讨论这个 |
[11:04] | I’ll come, but it’ll be for | 我会来 但我是因为服务环境好而来 |
[11:06] | the great service and atmosphere, not for you! | 不是因你而来 |
[11:16] | – Dad, what are you doing? – I am making a decision tree. | – 爸 你在干嘛 – 我在做决策树 |
[11:20] | It is a tool to help you make difficult decisions. First, I started | 这是帮你做艰难决定的好方法 首先 |
[11:23] | out with two branches, one for pulling the plug, the other one for keeping him alive. | 我从两个分支开始 一个代表拔管子 另一个让他继续昏迷 |
[11:28] | Then I made branches from | 然后我继续列子分支 |
[11:29] | those branches for all the possible outcomes. | 包含了所有可能后果的分支 |
[11:32] | I’m getting it all out of my | 我把他们都从我脑海中理出来 |
[11:33] | head so I can see what I’m dealing with logically. | 方便我理性地处理这个 |
[11:36] | “Pulling plug causes feeling | “拔了开关会造成剧痛 |
[11:37] | of Godlike power. Forced to kill again”? | 这是强行的二次行凶” |
[11:40] | Well, I’m trying to cover everything. But now I have gone | 好吧 我这是试着面面俱到 |
[11:42] | through all the possibilities, and I really think I am zeroing in on a decision. | 但是又太过全面了 并且我觉得我在做无用功 |
[11:47] | All your outcomes on “Pull | 你所有”拔管子”都是 |
[11:48] | the plug” Assume that he dies right away. | 假设他当即死掉 |
[11:50] | Yes, Dewey, that’s what pulling the plug means. | 是的 Dewey 那就是拔管子的意思 |
[11:52] | Not necessarily. | 不一定 |
[11:54] | He could continue to live without his respirator, | 也许他不用呼吸管也能活 |
[11:56] | his body wasting away while he struggles | 他挣扎的时候体力会逐渐耗空 |
[11:58] | for breath like a fish on a dock gasping for air, | 像码头上的鱼一样用鳃在空气中呼吸 |
[12:01] | slowly suffocating over the course of weeks or even months. | 在数周甚至数月后慢慢地窒息而死 |
[12:05] | – I read about this one… – Thank you, Dewey. | – 我读到过这个 – 够了 Dewey |
[12:07] | Like I don’t get enough of the know-it-all stuff from Malcolm. | 说得好像我从Malcolm那里学得不够一样 |
[12:13] | Here you go, Craig. I made your favorite; lemon meringue pie. | 给你 Craig 我给你做了你最爱的柠檬蛋白派 |
[12:15] | I want to thank you people for your hospitality. | 我想多谢你们的热情款待 |
[12:18] | Opening your house up to | 大开门庭接待我和 |
[12:19] | me and the living garbage disposal over here. | 这个生活垃圾处理器 |
[12:22] | It’s our pleasure. | 我们的荣幸 |
[12:25] | I hope you like dinner. I | 我希望你喜欢今天的晚餐 |
[12:26] | wasn’t sure whether to make a chicken or a ham. | 我之前不确定做鸡肉好还是火腿好 |
[12:28] | Chicken or ham, boy, that’s a tough one. Chicken or ham. | 鸡肉还是火腿 亲 好难选 鸡肉还是火腿 |
[12:32] | Your life must be a living hell. | 你的生活肯定一团糟 |
[12:35] | So, did Craig tell you how he | Craig告诉过你 |
[12:36] | got honorable mention for his community gardens? | 他的社区花园多让人羡慕吗 |
[12:38] | Sitting on his ass making food? Sounds about right. | 做饭就可以立地取材了 听着像他的风格 |
[12:46] | Hello. | 你好 |
[12:48] | Oh, yes, Dr. Samson. | 是的 Samson医生 |
[12:51] | Hal, you promised us a decision a week ago. | Hal 你一周前就答应说做决定 |
[12:53] | The hospital needs this room for urgent care patients. | 医院需要这间病房医治急诊病人 |
[12:56] | Now, we have to either pull the plug on Mr. | 现在我们要么把Edelman先生的管子拔了 |
[12:58] | Edelman or move him to a private intensive care facility. | 要么把他转移到私人重症监护室去 |
[13:01] | We have to have your decision now, right now. | 你现在必须做决定了 就现在 |
[13:03] | Okay, listen, I’m going to need your help here. | 你听好 我需要你们的帮助 |
[13:06] | Just strictly from an emotionless, | 严格站在客观的 |
[13:08] | purely medical standpoint, what should I do? | 纯医学角度来看 我该怎么办 |
[13:12] | – Pull the plug. – Let him live. | – 拔管子 – 保持昏迷 |
[13:14] | Damn it, Georgie, you know the chances | 他妈的 Georgie 你知道 |
[13:15] | for a coma patient waking up are practically zero. | 一个活死人醒来的几率几乎为零的 |
[13:18] | Practically zero does not mean zero. | 基本为零不是零 |
[13:19] | Why the hell do you give up so easily? | 你他妈怎么这么容易就放弃 |
[13:22] | He’s shown no activity, no responsiveness, | 他没有任何生命迹象 没有任何反应 |
[13:24] | no eye movement for a month. It’s over. | 眼珠一个月都没动 这就是完了 |
[13:25] | You know as well as I that patients can be | 你跟我一样清楚 |
[13:28] | in a persistent vegetative state for years and still recover. | 多年昏迷的植物人还是可能苏醒 |
[13:31] | We can argue about this all day. | 我们可以为这个吵一天 |
[13:32] | We’re not going to get anywhere. It’s up to you. | 谁也不会赢 由你来决定 |
[13:34] | Just put an “X” Somewhere. | 随便在哪个地方填个”X” |
[13:40] | What’s wrong with him? | 他怎么了 |
[13:40] | The doctors called it “Hysterical conversion disorder.” | 医生说是突发性转变失调 |
[13:43] | It’s psychosomatic. Apparently, he’s paralyzed from the waist up. | 这是身心失调了 很明显 他腰部以上麻痹了 |
[13:48] | Waist up? | 腰部以上吗 |
[13:55] | Dad, what is it? | 老爸 这是怎么回事 |
[14:07] | I think he’s thanking you. | 我觉得他在感谢你 |
[14:11] | Dad, what are you doing here? | 老爸 你在这干嘛 |
[14:13] | I told you no at Applebee’s, no at Malcolm’s house, | 我说过不去苹果蜂饭店 不去Malcolm家 |
[14:16] | and no all the way home as you jogged alongside my car. | 不许跟在我的车后跑步 |
[14:19] | I wanted to give you something. | 我想给你这个 |
[14:22] | What is it? | 什么 |
[14:23] | Used to call that your unk-unk. | 以前叫它unk-unk |
[14:26] | Your mother bought that for | 你妈因为 |
[14:27] | you the day she found out she was pregnant. | 发现怀了你而买了这个 |
[14:29] | The only day I saw her happier was the day you were born. | 也就是在生你那天她开心一点 |
[14:34] | Wow. | 哇 |
[14:35] | I haven’t been totally honest with you, | 我没有与你坦诚相待 孩子 |
[14:38] | son, but before I go, I owe you the truth. | 我走之前 要告诉你一个事实 |
[14:41] | I never made it a secret how | 我一直很张扬地鄙视着 |
[14:42] | disappointed I am with the way you turned out. | 你现在的这幅样子 |
[14:45] | But what you don’t know is if your | 但是你不知道的是 |
[14:48] | mother was alive today, she’s be just as disappointed. | 如果你妈还在世 她也会和我一样鄙视你 |
[14:54] | What? | 什么 |
[14:54] | Opening those gyms wasn’t just my dream, | 开健身房并不只是我的梦想 |
[14:57] | it was your mother’s dream, too. | 也是你妈的梦想 |
[14:59] | Fitness was her life, and it was her | 健身是她的生命 |
[15:01] | dying wish for you to embrace a life of health and vitality. | 你拥有一个健康精神的生活也是她梦想的 |
[15:07] | Why didn’t you ever tell me that? | 你为什么从不告诉我 |
[15:08] | Because I kept thinking if I pushed you enough, | 因为我一直以为对你施压 |
[15:11] | eventually you’d turn yourself around. | 最终会让你跟我走 |
[15:14] | But, apparently to you, I’m an annoyance, not an inspiration. | 但是显然 对你来说我只是一个烦恼 而不是激励 |
[15:22] | – No, you’re… – It doesn’t really matter. | – 不 你是 – 不重要了 |
[15:25] | Your mom’s in heaven now, | 你妈已经在天堂了 |
[15:26] | crying at the waste you made of your life. | 为你浪费的大半辈子而痛哭 |
[15:30] | I know you don’t want to run those gyms to please me, | 我知道你不想为了取悦我而管理健身房 |
[15:33] | but you might want to consider doing it for your mother. | 但你可以考虑为你妈做这个 |
[15:40] | Do those jumpsuits come in extra large? | 那些健身衣有大号的吗 |
[15:44] | I waited all my life to hear those words. | 这句话我等了一辈子了 |
[15:50] | It’s been four days, Hal. I’ve tried to be patient, | 四天了 Hal 我尽量有耐心 |
[15:52] | but this has gone on long enough. | 但有点太久了 |
[15:55] | You’ve got to snap out of it. | 你必须正常起来 |
[15:58] | Look, I’ll admit you’ve been resourceful. | 我承认你很聪明 |
[16:00] | You’ve learned to do so many things, | 你学会了很多事 |
[16:02] | and the sex has been interesting, | 滚床单也很有意思 |
[16:04] | but you can’t go on living like this. | 但你不能就这么活下去 |
[16:07] | Don’t think I don’t know what this is all about, | 别以为我不知道这是怎么了 |
[16:09] | Hal. You’re trying to avoid making this decision. | Hal 你在逃避这个决定 |
[16:12] | This is not going to work. And frankly, | 这不会有用的 坦白地说 |
[16:14] | this whole thing is beneath you. | 这事你完全可以搞定的 |
[16:16] | It’s a cowards way out, Hal. | 你现在就像个懦夫 |
[16:21] | You think I wouldn’t like a paralyzed vacation, | 你觉得我不喜欢瘫痪的时候 |
[16:24] | everyone waiting on me hand and foot? | 大家都给我端茶递水吗 |
[16:27] | But you know what? It doesn’t work that way. | 但是你知道吗 这样根本就没用 |
[16:30] | You can’t make up ridiculous illnesses | 你不能编个假病出来 |
[16:31] | just to get out of doing what you don’t want to do. | 只是为了逃避你不想做的事 |
[16:38] | Oh, for God’s sake, do | 老天哪 |
[16:39] | you have any idea how insane you’re acting? | 你意识到你的行为有多荒唐吗 |
[16:43] | I’m just glad that your boys aren’t here to see this. | 我庆幸儿子们没看到这些 |
[16:48] | Oh, Hal, you changed Jamie’s diapers with those feet. | 噢 你用脚给Jamie换过尿布的呢 |
[17:03] | Reese, how could you just leave him in there? | Reese 你怎么可以就把他留在里面 |
[17:05] | Every time I pulled him out, Jamie started crying. | 我每次把他弄出来 Jamie就开始哭 |
[17:15] | Okay, this is ending right now. | 够了 给我立马结束 |
[17:17] | You are going to stop being | 你必须正常起来 |
[17:18] | paralyzed and you are going to make this decision. | 然后做好决定 |
[17:23] | I know you think you can’t do this. | 我知道你觉得你做不到 |
[17:24] | I know you’re worried you’ll choose wrong, but Hal, | 我知道你担心会出错 但是Hal |
[17:27] | you had a very hard choice to make in | 你以前做过更难的决定 |
[17:28] | your life before and you made not only a good decision. | 并且你做了不止一个好的决定 |
[17:31] | You made a brilliant one… | 你做过一个完美的决定 |
[17:33] | you decided to marry me. | 你决定娶我 |
[17:37] | No one thought it was a good idea. | 没人认为这是个好主意 |
[17:38] | All your friends thought you were making a horrible mistake. | 你所有的朋友都认为你大错特错 |
[17:41] | Your parents, my parents. They all said I was a pushy, | 你父母 我父母 他们都说我是个控制狂 |
[17:45] | opinionated loudmouth, but you knew I was perfect for you. And I am. | 固执己见的大嘴巴 但你知道我就是你的真命天女 我确实是 |
[17:49] | It’s the best decision anyone’s ever made. | 这是你做过的最好的决定 |
[17:52] | Every day I wake up | 我每天起床 |
[17:53] | grateful or that brilliant, brilliant decision. | 都感谢这个明智而绝妙的决定 |
[17:57] | And you can do it again, Hal. I know you can. | 你可以再来一次的 Hal 我知道你可以 |
[18:05] | But with you it was obvious. | 跟你一起显然是正确的 |
[18:08] | Even so, honey. | 是你做到的 亲爱的 |
[18:11] | You better say your good-byes quickly. | 你最好快点说再见 |
[18:12] | We need to squeeze in a lake swim before we head to the airport. | 我们得在出发往机场之前去湖里游几圈 |
[18:15] | – But… – Ready? Begin. | – 但是 – 准备好了 开始 |
[18:17] | I’ll miss you guys. | 我会想你们的 |
[18:18] | Craig, you don’t have to do this. | Craig 你不必这么做 |
[18:20] | Let’s face it. I don’t have any better options. | 面对现实吧 我没有更好的选择 |
[18:23] | It’s your lunchtime. | 午餐时间到 |
[18:28] | That’s his lunch? | 那是他的午餐 |
[18:29] | Every day until he drops 90 pounds. | 直到他减掉90磅为止 |
[18:31] | These pills here are my own formula. | 这是我自己的配方 |
[18:33] | It’s got three times the RDA | 这里有你日常所需的 |
[18:35] | of the all you basic vitamins and nutrients. | 维生素和营养元素的三倍之多 |
[18:38] | Sadly, it doesn’t contain any character. | 可惜的是 不能改变性格 |
[18:42] | See ya, Craig. | 待会见 Craig |
[18:44] | I guess this means I don’t owe you that 50 bucks anymore. | 我想这意味我不再欠你那50块了 |
[18:48] | I’ll think of you every time I open a jar of mayonnaise. | 我每天打开一罐蛋黄酱都会想到你的 |
[18:51] | So, um, Vic, Craig’s mom was a real fitness buff, huh? | Vic Craig的妈妈是一个身材健美的女人 是吧 |
[18:55] | Absolutely. She did a | 的确 |
[18:56] | triathlon the day after giving birth to Craig. | 生完Craig之后就来了个三项全能 |
[18:59] | There was no stopping that woman. | 势不可挡啊 |
[19:01] | Really? No stopping this woman?! | 真的吗 真的势不可挡吗 |
[19:05] | Give that back! | 还给我 |
[19:07] | Mama? | 妈妈 |
[19:09] | Oh, my God, she’s beautiful. I thought you said | 天呐 她好漂亮 |
[19:12] | all the photos of her were destroyed in the twister that killed her. | 你说过她所有的照片都在她死去的那场龙卷风里毁了 |
[19:16] | What did you want me to say? That your | 你要我说什么 |
[19:18] | mother ran out on me with a guy who owned a pie shop? | 你妈为了一个开饼店的小伙子抛弃了我 |
[19:22] | That after years of slaving away to give that woman everything, | 累了这么多年为她买这买那 |
[19:25] | she decided she wasn’t attracted to me anymore? That I wasn’t man enough for her? | 她突然决定甩了我 就因为我不够男人 |
[19:30] | Come on, Craig. What would that have done to your self-esteem? | Craig 这多伤自尊啊 |
[19:34] | – So, my mom is alive? – Oh, | – 我妈还活着吗 – 噢 |
[19:36] | great. So, now this all going to be about her. | 这下好了 突然都是关于她了 |
[19:40] | How could you do this to me? | 你怎么能这么对我 |
[19:42] | How could you lie to me all these years? | 你怎么能骗我这么多年 |
[19:45] | I did what I thought was best for you. | 我做了对你最好的事 |
[19:47] | No, you didn’t. You did what you thought would punish her. All this time, | 你没有 你做的事是为了惩罚她 |
[19:50] | you weren’t yelling at me, but at this beautiful, beautiful woman. | 这么多年来 你不是吼我 而是吼这个美丽动人的女人 |
[19:55] | Dad, I’m not going with you. | 爸 我不跟你一起走 |
[19:59] | My life isn’t a mess. I love my life. | 我的生活并不是一团糟 我爱我的生活 |
[20:01] | I love my job, I love my cat, I love my friends. | 我爱我的工作 我爱我的猫 我爱我的朋友 |
[20:05] | I’ve made something of myself. | 我自力更生了 |
[20:07] | I’m Desk Sergeant at my Neighborhood Watch. | 我是社区安全的接待警员 |
[20:09] | And a 14th-level elf cleric. I am not going to throw that away. | 14级的精灵牧师 我不要放弃这些 |
[20:15] | You almost sounded like a man for a second. | 你有那么几秒钟还挺像个男人 |
[20:19] | Good-bye, Dad. | 再见 爸爸 |
[20:25] | You actually have a pretty good grip there, son. | 你手劲还不错 孩子 |
[20:28] | It’s my joystick hand. | 这是我的飞机操纵手 |
[20:31] | Hal, I am so proud of you for making | Hal 我很自豪你做了个这么英明的决定 |
[20:34] | such a great decision. And such a surprising one. | 简直是个惊喜 |
[20:37] | I thought your only choices were life or death. | 我以为你只能在生死中选择 |
[20:39] | Who would have thought there was a third option? | 谁会想到还有第三个选择呢 |
[20:41] | People aren’t willing to think outside the box. | 世人总是不愿意跳出条条框框 |
[20:44] | See, the answer was there all the time. | 答案就在那儿 |
[20:46] | Someone just had to see it. | 看一眼就能明白 |
[20:48] | Once I found out he was a bird lover, well, it all made sense. | 一旦我发现他爱鸟 一切都有道理了 |
[20:51] | – And everything was at Radio Shack? – Everything but the hat. | – 在电脑商行什么都能找到 – 除了帽子以外 |
[20:55] | You know what, Hal? Your solution was so brilliant, would you mind | 你知道吗 Hal 你的解决方案太明智了 |
[20:58] | walking me through it one more time, step-by-step, just so I understand it completely? | 再跟我讲一遍 一步步来 我好听得完全一点 |
[21:03] | Honey, no, it was so exhausting. | 亲爱的 不要了 好累啊 |
[21:04] | I don’t think I’ll talk about it ever again. | 我不想再讲一遍 |
[21:08] | Well, I suppose it’s for the best. | 好吧 我想这是最好的 |