时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:02] | Good dinner, honey. | 晚饭真好吃 亲爱的 |
[00:02] | Thanks. I’m stunned I had time to cook anything. | 谢谢 想不到我还来得及做饭 |
[00:05] | Traffic was horrible, | 路上本来就堵 |
[00:06] | and then on the way to the market I hit a possum. | 我还在去商店的路上撞了只负鼠 |
[00:08] | You’re kidding. | 骗人的吧 |
[00:09] | It was just awful. It laid there moaning and dying. | 吓死人哟 它就躺在那儿垂死呻吟 |
[00:12] | I didn’t know what to do. So I finally called Animal Services. | 我不知所措 就打给了动物之家 |
[00:15] | I waited and waited, nobody ever came. | 我等啊等 就是没人来 |
[00:17] | I was so upset. I never did have time to get to the store. | 我好悲伤 实在没时间去商店了 |
[00:22] | If you never made it to the store, then what are we eating? | 如果你没去成商店 我们在吃的是什么 |
[00:28] | Something from the freezer. | 冰箱里的东西 |
[00:31] | Finish it. | 给我吃光 |
[01:06] | I’ll pick up Dewey from his piano lesson. | 我去钢琴班接Dewey |
[01:08] | And you’re waiting for the dry wall guy? | 你来等砌墙工吗 |
[01:09] | Yeah, but you got to get the vacuum. | 好 不过你得去拿吸尘器 |
[01:11] | I’ll take the boys for their haircuts, and go pay the phone bill. | 我送孩子们去理发 然后付电话账单 |
[01:13] | All right. By the way, the dermatologist just called. | 好吧 对了 皮肤科医生刚打电话来 |
[01:15] | He said that the lump on my back is just… | 说我背后的肿块就是个 |
[01:16] | Don’t put it out with more fire, moron! | 别火上浇油 你个白痴 |
[01:19] | Oh, my God. | 天呐 |
[01:29] | I don’t care if it’s only a little poisonous. Get rid of it. | 我不管它是不是只有一点毒 给我丢了它 |
[01:33] | So he said it was just an ingrown hair. | 他说只是根往里长的毛发 |
[01:36] | What? | 什么东西 |
[01:36] | The lump. | 那个肿块 |
[01:37] | Oh, good. | 那就好 |
[01:40] | That was 18 hours ago. | 那可是18个小时前 |
[01:41] | That’s the last time we talked to each other? | 我们有这么久没说过话了吗 |
[01:43] | Oh, my God. | 天呐 |
[01:45] | I mean, oh, my God. | 我的天呐 |
[01:47] | We talk to each other 20 seconds a day?! | 我们一天才交谈20秒 |
[01:50] | Don’t worry, honey. This is a problem, | 不要紧 亲爱的 这样是不妥 |
[01:52] | but I will take care of it. | 不过我会解决的 |
[01:55] | For the next five days, you boys will be my slaves. | 接下来的五天 你们要听我使唤 |
[02:00] | It will be miserable, hard, exhausting work, but… | 活儿很苦 很难 很累 不过 |
[02:05] | Nope, that’s it. | 没有不过了 |
[02:06] | Just miserable, hard work. | 就是又苦又难的活儿 |
[02:07] | So no matter what we have planned or how busy we are, | 也就是说不管我们有什么计划有多忙 |
[02:09] | you’re okay with exploiting us for child labor? | 你还是要抓我们做童工 |
[02:12] | Good, we’re clear. Let’s get to work. | 很好 你们懂了 开始干活 |
[02:17] | Come to Papa. | 来爸爸这里 |
[02:19] | Dad? | 老爸 |
[02:20] | Oh, no, you don’t, Reese. No way. | 不 不行 Reese 没门儿 |
[02:22] | You give the nail gun to Dewey. | 把射钉枪给Dewey |
[02:30] | You wanted to see me, Mr. Herkabe? | 你找我 Herkabe老师 |
[02:32] | Malcolm, one of the many perks of working in the glamorous field | Malcolm 在学校教育这个迷人的领域工作 |
[02:35] | of public education is | 一大收获就是 |
[02:37] | the constant opportunity to suddenly increase your workload. | 经常会有横加进来的工作量 |
[02:40] | It’s this big moral Boosters that | 有个经常帮别人鞋底铲口香糖的 |
[02:42] | constant chiseling a gum from one shoe… | 志愿者小组 |
[02:44] | You know you can come out of that | 你省点口舌 |
[02:45] | and tell me how you screw me over. | 直接说要怎么整我 |
[02:46] | You don’t have to make a speech every time. | 不用每次都长篇大论 |
[02:48] | Be patient. | 耐心点 |
[02:50] | Yesterday I was informed that all faculty members must serve | 昨天我接通知说所有教员必须 |
[02:53] | as advisors to at least one of the school’s many clubs and organizations. | 在学校担任至少一个社团或组织的指导老师 |
[02:57] | I’ve been assigned the North High Boosters. | 我被分派给了北部高中志愿者小组 |
[03:00] | And you’re telling me because…? | 你告诉我这个是因为 |
[03:02] | It’s coming. | 听下一句 |
[03:03] | The Boosters are only nine members, which makes it a group. | 志愿者小组只有9个人 还只是一个小组 |
[03:06] | We need ten for it to be a club. | 10个人才能组成一个社团 |
[03:08] | And if it isn’t a club, I don’t get my $200 advisor fee. | 不然我就拿不到200块指导费 |
[03:11] | You want me to join? | 你想让我加入吗 |
[03:13] | I love it when a victim fully grasps the horror. | 被害人领悟到了恐惧之处 太棒了 |
[03:15] | You have proved a worthy patsy. | 不愧我的坑害对象 |
[03:17] | I don’t want to be in your stupid club. | 我才不想进你那愚蠢的社团 |
[03:19] | It’s not a club until you joined keep up. | 你加入并一直留下才能算社团 |
[03:22] | Okay, what’s the blackmail? | 行了 你到底有我的什么把柄 |
[03:24] | Why must you rush these things? | 你猴急什么 |
[03:27] | As Vice Principal, I write the | 作为副校长 我负责撰写 |
[03:29] | college recommendations. I’ve written two for you. | 大学推荐信 我已经给你写了两封 |
[03:32] | One has your complete academic record. | 一封里是你所有的成绩单 |
[03:35] | The other has your complete academic record | 另一封里除了你所有的成绩单 |
[03:38] | and a short paragraph about your personality. | 还有篇关于你思想品德的小短文 |
[03:40] | That’s not fair! | 这不公平 |
[03:41] | The meeting starts at 3:15 tomorrow. | 会议明天下午三点一刻开始 |
[03:43] | Come early if you want spirit cookies. | 想要来点超赞的饼干就来早点 |
[03:47] | Keep them closed. Almost there. | 眼睛闭着哈 快到了 |
[03:49] | Hal, you spun me around 50 times. | Hal 你让我转了50圈 |
[03:50] | I still know we’re going to the garage. | 我还是知道我们在往车库走 |
[03:53] | Okay, open ’em. | 好了 张开眼睛 |
[03:55] | Oh, Hal, it’s… It’s beautiful. | Hal 这太 太漂亮了 |
[03:59] | Well, I didn’t do it all myself. The boys worked their butts off. | 也不都是我的功劳 孩子们都忙坏了 |
[04:02] | You know, that’s a working wet bar. | 那是个实用的小吧台 |
[04:04] | And a real New Zealand Mocking Mask. | 还有真宗的新西兰嘲脸面具 |
[04:06] | Congratulations, boys, you did a fantastic job. | 祝贺你们 孩子们 你们干得很棒 |
[04:10] | Now, if you set one foot in here, I will cripple you. | 现在起你们踏进去一步 我就弄残你们 |
[04:13] | What? | 什么 |
[04:13] | From now on, every night from 6:00 to 7:00 is “Tiki time.” | 从现在开始 每天晚上六点到七点是”提基时光” |
[04:17] | Tiki time means your mother and I will be in here, | 提基时光里只有妈妈和我独处 |
[04:20] | alone, with no questions, | 不准质疑 |
[04:22] | no interruptions, no communication from you boys of any kind. | 不准打扰 不准你们和我们说一句话 |
[04:25] | Malcolm, you’ll cover any of your | Malcolm 你要帮你妈妈 |
[04:27] | mom’s shifts at Lucky Aide. Reese, Dewey, baby-sit Jamie. | 在幸福好帮手顶班 Reese Dewey 看好Jamie |
[04:30] | But… | 但是 |
[04:30] | No buts. | 没有但是 |
[04:31] | You’re the ones who ruined our relationship in the first place. | 是你们破坏我们俩关系在先的 |
[04:34] | Hal Hal… | |
[04:37] | He needs changing. | 他要换尿布了 |
[04:38] | Aloha. | 拜拜咯 |
[04:45] | I would like to officially welcome | 让我们正式欢迎 |
[04:46] | my young friend Malcolm to the North High Booster Club. | 我的朋友Malcolm加入北部高中志愿者社团 |
[04:49] | It’s a very rewarding day for all of us, | 今天对我们非常有意义 |
[04:51] | who care so much about… | 我们非常在乎你们 |
[04:53] | whatever it is you do. | 做的那些个事儿吧 |
[04:55] | Phillip Phillip? | |
[04:57] | First, let’s review our Food for the Homeless program. Wayne? | 首先回顾一下”为流浪汉提供食物”计划 Wayne |
[05:00] | Good news, Boosters, | 好消息 志愿者们 |
[05:01] | we raised $428 at our rad “Bowling For Hobos” Event. | 我们的”为流浪汉打保龄球”项目募集了428元 |
[05:06] | Unfortunately, the decorating budget | 不幸的是 差不多只够抵消 |
[05:08] | got away from us. We spent $425 on the balloons. | 装饰的钱了 我们在气球上花了425元 |
[05:11] | But I think we might be able to salvage this by taking that | 不过也许还能补救 可以用 |
[05:13] | three dollars and buying the homeless a really nice card. | 这3块钱给他们买个好看点的乞讨牌子嘛 |
[05:17] | Great idea. | 好主意 |
[05:18] | Good save, Wayne. | 补救得不错 Wayne |
[05:21] | All right, Stephanie, what about our | Stephanie 我们为 |
[05:22] | pancake breakfast for the Abused Children’s Counseling Center? | 受虐儿童辅导中心组织的煎饼早餐会怎么样了 |
[05:25] | It’s gonna be awesome. We have | 一定会很棒 我们准备了 |
[05:26] | tons of decorations and hundreds of balloons. | 成吨的装饰 还有几百个气球 |
[05:31] | Maybe if you eased up on the balloons, | 也许你们少弄些气球 |
[05:32] | you’d have some more money for the counseling center. | 就会有多些钱给辅导中心了 |
[05:35] | I don’t think abused children | 受虐儿童可不会 |
[05:37] | want to eat some glumy undecorated room. | 想在呆板没装饰的房间吃饭 |
[05:40] | I mean, after what they’ve been through, | 经历过那些后 |
[05:41] | let’s not abuse their sense of taste. | 我们可不能对他们的食欲施虐了 |
[05:43] | – Yeah. – Absolutely. | – 是啊 – 完全正确 |
[05:46] | Let’s move on to our Monte Carlo Night for the school library. | 接下来是我们在学校图书馆举办的蒙特卡洛之夜 |
[05:49] | This year we’ve invested in a | 今年我们聘来了一位 |
[05:51] | professional Bingo caller. It’s going to be insane. | 职业宾果游戏主持人 绝对疯狂 |
[05:55] | Malcolm And Malcolm? | |
[05:56] | What? I’m awake. | 什么 我醒着 |
[05:58] | Don’t worry. We’ve saved a really important job just for you. | 别担心 我们为你留了一份很重要的工作 |
[06:01] | You are going to be our Monte Carlo Night auctioneer. | 你将成为我们蒙特卡洛之夜的拍卖师 |
[06:03] | What? | 什么 |
[06:04] | That’s right. You’re going to | 没错 |
[06:05] | be in front of the whole school representing us. | 你要在全校面前代表我们 |
[06:09] | Welcome aboard, Booster. | 欢迎入伙 志愿者 |
[06:14] | Point of order! | 程序议题 |
[06:16] | Can we start Smile Patrol before the kids go home? | 我们能在孩子们回家前开始”微笑巡逻”吗 |
[06:18] | Smile Patrol? | 什么”微笑巡游” |
[06:19] | We thought it’d be fun to roam | 我们觉得在走廊晃悠 |
[06:20] | the halls for anyone who’s not smiling and give them a ticket. | 逮着没在笑的人给他贴张”罚单”挺有意思的 |
[06:24] | Meeting adjourned. | 散会 |
[06:29] | I think someone’s gonna to have to write themselves up. | 我觉得有些人该给自己来一张 |
[06:54] | This is so unfair. | 这太不公平了 |
[06:56] | Yeah, when I grow up, I’m | 没错 等我长大了 |
[06:57] | going to do exactly the same thing to my kids. | 我也会这样对我的孩子 |
[06:59] | Yeah, mine are going to pay big time. | 我的一定会吃大苦头 |
[07:03] | By the time I came back, | 我回来的时候 |
[07:04] | there were adult diapers all over the loading dock. | 卸货区上全是成人尿布 |
[07:08] | That’s wonderful. | 好厉害 |
[07:10] | Oh, I hear a coconut that needs refreshing. | 哦 这椰子听起来该续杯了 |
[07:13] | One more Beach Frolic coming up. | 再来一次海滩嬉戏 |
[07:16] | – So, go on. – I’m finished. | – 继续讲啊 – 我讲完了 |
[07:18] | That’s my entire day. | 那是我的一整天 |
[07:21] | Mine, too. | 我也是 |
[07:22] | Huh, how about that? Do you realize | 你感觉如何 我们之前 |
[07:24] | that we have never told each other our entire day before? | 可从没告诉对方自己一整天的生活 |
[07:29] | That’s amazing. | 太赞了 |
[07:33] | I wonder what else I’ve never told you. | 我在想还有什么我没告诉过你的 |
[07:35] | Think, Lois. I want to know everything. | 想想 Lois 我要知道你的一切 |
[07:39] | I had a pet turtle named Lee Majors. | 我有过一只叫Lee Majors宠物龟 |
[07:42] | He gave my whole family salmonella. | 他把沙门氏菌传给了我家里所有人 |
[07:45] | I thought I loved you four seconds ago. | 4秒前我在想我爱你 |
[07:50] | I want out of the Booster club. | 我要退出志愿者社团 |
[07:52] | You can blackmail me all you want, but those kids are stupid, | 随你怎么敲诈 那些小孩太蠢了 |
[07:55] | the auctioneer job is stupid, the whole thing blows and I’m quitting. | 当拍卖师也太蠢了 整件事逊毙了 我要退团 |
[07:58] | Someone’s putting the “Boo” In booster. | 有人对志愿者倒胃口了嘛 |
[08:00] | Did you see the crap they’re trying to auction? | 你见过他们要拍卖的破烂货吗 |
[08:02] | 500 take-out menus from a Chinese restaurant, an AOL starter disc, | 500张中餐外卖单 一张美国在线启动盘 |
[08:06] | scrapbook lessons, a 15-minute neck massage from Earl the janitor. | 剪报课程 门卫Earl提供的15分钟颈部按摩 |
[08:10] | Nobody wants that stuff. I’m out of there. | 没人会要这种东西的 我要退团 |
[08:13] | Good for you. Go right ahead. | 有你的 退吧 |
[08:15] | What? | 什么 |
[08:16] | I officially stopped caring at 2:15 when I was handed this check. | 我2:15拿到支票就不在乎这事儿了 |
[08:19] | And now I can finally splurge on new | 我终于可以给我的本田思域 |
[08:21] | brake pads and treat my Civic like the lady that she is. | 换上新的刹车片 然后好好对待她 |
[08:24] | You should really learn to trust me, | 你真该开始信任我 |
[08:25] | Malcolm. It worked out well for everyone. | Malcolm 人人都受益 |
[08:27] | I got my money, you get to quit, | 我拿到钱 你能退团 |
[08:28] | and the Boosters get to be rid of you. | 志愿者们也能摆脱你 |
[08:30] | What are you talking about? | 你在说什么啊 |
[08:31] | They don’t like you any more than you like them. | 他们对你的反感不比你对他们的少 |
[08:33] | They think you’re too lazy and selfish to be Booster material. | 他们觉得你又懒又自私 不是志愿者的料 |
[08:38] | You’re lying. | 你骗人 |
[08:41] | – Oh, my God, you care. – No, I don’t. | – 天哪 你上心了 – 我没有 |
[08:44] | They’re a bunch of hypocrites pretending to be into charity just | 他们就是群伪君子 假装做慈善 |
[08:47] | to have an excuse to throw parties | 其实只是找个借口 |
[08:49] | and socialize and be surrounded by balloons. | 开派对搞联谊玩气球 |
[08:51] | Is this going to devolve into you shamble in around | 于是你明年六月就四处蹒跚 |
[08:53] | the quite come next June desperate | 绝望地祈求有人肯 |
[08:55] | for someone to sign your yearbook? | 给你的毕业年鉴签字吧 |
[08:57] | Calling me selfish and lazy? | 说我又自私又懒 |
[08:59] | I could raise ten times the money those idiots ever could! | 我可以募集到十倍这群白痴能募集到的钱 |
[09:02] | Please. You’re not seriously | 拜托 你不是真的 |
[09:03] | thinking of “Showing them a thing or two,” Are you? | 在想”让他们瞧着点”吧 |
[09:05] | Shut up! | 闭嘴 |
[09:08] | Jamie Jamie… | |
[09:10] | Come on, just try it. It’s easy. | 来吧 试试看 很简单的 |
[09:14] | What are you doing? | 你在干什么 |
[09:15] | He’s trying to teach Jamie to smoke. | 他在教Jamie抽烟 |
[09:17] | Since we’re stuck watching him, | 反正我们只能看着他 |
[09:18] | I figured we might as well do something cool with him. | 我想还不如做点炫酷的事儿 |
[09:20] | What’s cooler than a smoking baby? | 有什么比抽烟宝宝更炫酷的 |
[09:22] | Why don’t you just shoot him out of a cannon? | 你干脆用大炮把他射出去吧 |
[09:24] | Come on, he could be famous. | 得了 他会出名的 |
[09:26] | You know, “Jamie, that smokin’ baby.” | “Jamie 抽烟宝宝” |
[09:27] | He could do talk shows or tour with rock bands. | 他可以去脱口秀 和摇滚乐队一起巡回演出 |
[09:31] | But he doesn’t even care. | 但他一点都不在乎 |
[09:32] | Give him a break. He’s not even two. | 让他休息会儿吧 他2岁都不到 |
[09:34] | I’m not mad that he won’t light the cigarette. | 我不是气他不肯点烟 |
[09:36] | I’m mad that he won’t try. | 我气他连试都不试 |
[09:42] | I think he’s stupid. | 我觉得他是白痴 |
[09:45] | Look, pal, we missed the | 弟弟 我们已经错过 |
[09:47] | chance to raise you inside a Sparklet’s bottle. | 把你在小星瓶里养大的机会 |
[09:48] | This is our last shot. | 这是最后机会了 |
[09:50] | We’re not going to move. | 我们不走了 |
[09:51] | We’re going to sit here for as long as it takes. | 要多久我们就坐多久 |
[09:58] | Aw, man! | 小子 |
[09:59] | You did that on purpose. | 你故意的吧 |
[10:02] | You going to play it that way, fine. Now it’s war. | 你非要这样 好啊 开战吧 |
[10:08] | I miss the rotary phone, too. | 我也怀念转盘电话 |
[10:10] | It made you slow down. Think what you gonna say. | 它让你慢下来 好想你要说什么 |
[10:12] | Yeah, exactly. Now it’s bup-bup-bup | 没错 现在就是叭叭叭 |
[10:13] | and there they are whether you’re ready or not. | 然后不管你有没准备好就拨通了 |
[10:16] | This is wonderful. | 太美妙了 |
[10:17] | Just think, when we get | 想想看 等我们到了天堂 |
[10:19] | to heaven we’ll feel like this all the time. | 我们会一直这样惬意 |
[10:22] | Wouldn’t that be nice? | 真要有不是很美好吗 |
[10:24] | What do you mean? | 什么意思 |
[10:26] | I mean, it would be nice, heaven. | 我说 真要有天堂一定很美好 |
[10:29] | You mean it will be nice. | 你的意思是天堂真的会很美好吧 |
[10:35] | I just don’t personally… believe in that. | 我只是 不相信那个 |
[10:40] | Well, okay, maybe not the clouds and the harps and angels, | 好吧 也许没有云啊竖琴啊天使啊 |
[10:45] | but you do believe in some kind of heaven, right? | 但你应该相信有天堂的吧 |
[10:53] | Okay, so you don’t believe in heaven, but you do believe in | 好吧 你不相信有天堂 但你应该信 |
[10:56] | some kind of paradise where our two souls will go spend eternity. | 有一个我俩的灵魂会永远在一起的乐园吧 |
[11:00] | I’m just not much of an afterlife person. | 我不是那种相信往生世界的人 |
[11:05] | Wait a minute, Lois. Where are | 等等 Lois |
[11:07] | good people rewarded and bad people punished? | 善恶有报的地方在哪里 |
[11:11] | Right here on Earth, if I have anything to say about it. | 就在这个地球上 如果我非要说的话 |
[11:14] | How is it I didn’t know about this until now? | 为什么我直到现在才知道 |
[11:16] | Well, I guess we just never had time to talk about it. | 我想是因为我们一直没时间讨论这个 |
[11:23] | – Are you okay? – Yeah, yeah. | – 你没事吧 – 没事 |
[11:26] | It’s silly to ruin Tiki Time over this. | 如果因为这就毁了提基时光也太傻了 |
[11:28] | I will refresh our drinks. | 我去给咱倒饮料 |
[11:36] | Oh, I can’t do this! You’ve ruined it. | 我不行了 你已经毁了好时光 |
[11:39] | Why? | 为什么 |
[11:40] | Because for the last 20 years I’ve assumed we’d be spending | 因为20年来我一直以为我们 |
[11:43] | eternity together. And if you don’t believe that, | 往生后也会在一起 如果你不相信 |
[11:46] | then you won’t be there. | 你就不会在那里了 |
[11:47] | Is that the rule? | 这还是规定了吗 |
[11:48] | Nothing about this place is right anymore. | 这里气氛完全不对了 |
[11:51] | It feels like that New Zealand Mocking Mask is… mocking me. | 我感觉那个新西兰嘲脸面具正在 嘲笑我 |
[11:55] | Hal, I didn’t say this to upset you. | Hal 我说那些不是为了让你难过 |
[11:58] | – I know… – Can we talk about it? | – 我懂 – 我们能谈谈吗 |
[12:01] | I think we’ve talked enough. | 我觉得已经谈够多了 |
[12:03] | I’m going to go take kind of a long walk now. | 我打算去好好散个步 |
[12:06] | But you stay. Enjoy your rum-tumbler. | 你就待在这儿 享用你的朗姆酒吧 |
[12:25] | Look at me play with this great toy, and I’m not gonna share it! | 看我 在玩这个好玩的玩具 我可不会跟你分享的 |
[12:30] | Whee! This is fun! | 咦 太好玩了 |
[12:32] | I’m not gonna turn around. Is he getting pissed? | 我没法转身 他生气了吗 |
[12:35] | He’s eating his foot. | 他在啃脚丫 |
[12:37] | Nice cover. | 掩饰得好 |
[12:38] | I’m getting to him. | 我快说服他了 |
[12:39] | You’re having a feud with a toddler. | 你和个不更事的幼儿卯上了 |
[12:41] | And you don’t think he’s playing that for all it’s worth? | 你不觉得他这样做没意义吗 |
[12:45] | Well, Tiki Time is over. | 提基时光结束了 |
[12:48] | You boys don’t have to baby-sit anymore. | 你们不用再看小孩了 |
[13:00] | And Monte Carlo Night is starting to shape up really nicely. | 蒙特卡洛之夜开始完美就绪了 |
[13:03] | We’ve got really cool-looking plastic champagne glasses, | 我们有炫酷的塑料香槟酒杯 |
[13:05] | and we’ve also got six-channel walkie-talkies | 我们还有六频段对讲机 |
[13:08] | so we can be in constant audio contact | 我们就可以在体育馆 |
[13:09] | in all sectors of the gymnasium. | 每个角落时刻保持联系了 |
[13:11] | I also took it upon myself to raise the balloon budget. | 我还自费提高了气球的预算 |
[13:15] | I figure if we’re not going mylar, then why even bother? | 我觉得如果不多搞点气球 就干脆别搞了 |
[13:18] | Okay, great, Victor. | 很好 Victor |
[13:20] | All right, and that brings us to the auction. | 接下来是拍卖 |
[13:21] | It’s gonna be horrible, but not because I’m not busting my butt. | 好不了了 不是我不卖力 |
[13:24] | I’ve been hitting up people all around town, trying to get decent | 我在镇上到处求人 想找点像样的 |
[13:26] | stuff that people will actually bid on, but no one’s interested! | 能拿出手拍卖的东西 但是没人鸟我 |
[13:31] | Well, I’m sure you’re doing the best that you can. | 我相信你已经尽力了 |
[13:35] | Meeting adjourned. | 散会 |
[13:42] | I can’t believe that this is what happens when you actually try. | 难以置信 你尽力之后会是这个结果 |
[13:50] | Um, Good Night. | 晚安 |
[13:55] | – Why can’t we just get past this? – I don’t know. | – 这事儿不能算了嘛 – 我不知道 |
[13:58] | Why the hell did we think | 我们当初怎么会以为 |
[13:59] | that talking to each other was a good idea? | 互相谈心是个好主意呢 |
[14:01] | We were having fun and we got greedy. Now look at us. | 当时多开心 多忘乎所以 你看现在 |
[14:03] | We used to have no time | 我们以前没时间陪对方 |
[14:04] | at all for each other, and it worked great. | 一切就很正常 |
[14:06] | We should warn people. Write a book. Go on Oprah. | 我们应该警示世人 写本书 上奥普拉脱口秀 |
[14:11] | – You know what would help? – What? | – 你知道怎么弥补么 – 怎么 |
[14:13] | If you changed your mind and told me that you believed in heaven. | 如果你改变想法 告诉我你相信天堂 |
[14:16] | You want me to lie to you? | 你要我骗你吗 |
[14:18] | It’s not lying if what you | 如果你说可能是真的 |
[14:19] | say would be true if the facts were different. | 那就不算说谎啊 |
[14:22] | I’ll work with whatever you give me. | 你说的话对我有作用 |
[14:24] | If you just say the words, | 如果你照说了 |
[14:26] | you’ll be giving me a tiny little gray area | 你就给了我一小块灰色地带 |
[14:28] | where I can live in peace for the rest of my life. | 而我也能心安理得过下去 |
[14:31] | I can live in gray, Lois. Let me live in gray! | 我可以活在灰色地带 Lois 让我活在灰色地带 |
[14:34] | Hal, I’m sorry, I have to tell you the truth. | Hal 对不起 我必须告诉你真相 |
[14:36] | Why? | 为什么 |
[14:36] | Because it’s what I believe in. | 因为那是我的信仰 |
[14:39] | It’s what I hang on to. The truth is all that I have. | 是我坚持的原则 实事求是是我一切信仰 |
[14:43] | If I could give it up for anybody, | 如果我能为谁放弃 |
[14:46] | I would give it up for you, but I just can’t. | 我会为了你放弃 但我就是不能 |
[14:57] | Heaven’s going to suck! | 以后就是上天堂也逊毙了 |
[15:02] | We have to be home by 9:30. The baby-sitter | 我们必须9点半前到家 保姆说 |
[15:05] | said her halfway house goes into lockdown at 10:00. | 她住的小旅馆10点就关门了 |
[15:08] | Ok. Did she tell you about the mobile over Jamie’s crib? | 她跟你说Jamie床上挂的玩具车了吗 |
[15:11] | She said it looked like | 她说好像 |
[15:12] | somebody took a saw and cut almost all through it. | 有人用锯子把它快锯断了 |
[15:16] | That’s weird. | 那太诡异了 |
[15:17] | It’s not like he has any enemies or anything. | 他又没什么敌人之类的 |
[15:20] | Hey, Malcolm, the place looks great. Look at all these balloons. | Malcom 这里看上去棒极了 看这些气球 |
[15:24] | This is going to be a fun night. | 今晚一定很有意思 |
[15:25] | If watching your son be humiliated | 如果你所谓的有意思是指 |
[15:27] | in front of the whole school is your idea of fun. | 你儿子在全校面前被羞辱的话 |
[15:29] | What are you talking about? | 瞎说什么 |
[15:30] | You’re finally getting the attention you always wanted. | 你终于得到了你一直想要的关注 |
[15:35] | Oh, come on, honey. I know you’re upset. | 别这样 亲爱的 我知道你很伤心 |
[15:37] | Let’s try to have some fun tonight. | 我们今晚找点乐子吧 |
[15:40] | Sure. | 好啊 |
[15:41] | If the here and now is all we’ve got, | 如果我们只有现世 |
[15:43] | then let’s enjoy it in all its beauty and wonder. | 就让我们尽情享受它的美好和奇妙吧 |
[15:45] | I’ll get us some churros. | 我去拿点西班牙油条 |
[15:50] | Hello, Malc. | 嗨 Malc |
[15:52] | – Malc? – Forgive me, I’m feeling very odd tonight. | – 干嘛叫我Malc – 见谅 我今天感觉很不寻常 |
[15:54] | What is it called when you look around | 当你看看周围 发现没有 |
[15:56] | and you are not filled with festering rage? | 被出离的愤怒包围 这感觉叫什么来着 |
[15:59] | – Being moderately happy? – That is it! | – 稍稍高兴 – 就是这个 |
[16:02] | I am moderately happy. I have brake pads, | 我稍稍地高兴着 我有了刹车片 |
[16:04] | and enough left over for a side mirror. | 还能有余额换一个后视镜 |
[16:07] | And now I find that there’s a wine tasting booth | 我又发现了一个品酒展位 |
[16:09] | with an incredibly underpriced Riesling, just 25 cents a glass. | 居然有超低价的雷司令 一杯只要25美分 |
[16:13] | So, if you’ll excuse me, I think I saw | 失陪一下 我好像看见 |
[16:15] | a slightly drunk Ms. Bartlett headed for the ladies’ room. | 微醺的Bartlett小姐正走向盥洗室 |
[16:20] | I can’t wait to see the look on Jamie’s | 我等不及要看明天Jamie跟Elmo布偶的 |
[16:22] | face tomorrow when he tries to tickle what’s left of Elmo. | 残骸玩 会是什么表情 |
[16:25] | Then he’ll be sorry he started this. | 到时他就会后悔跟我卯上的 |
[16:27] | Stupid baby. | 蠢小孩 |
[16:30] | Reese, let me ask you. When you end up in a situation like this, | Reese 我问你 当你走到这个地步 |
[16:34] | does it ever even occur to you to stop and | 你有没有想过要停下来思考下 |
[16:36] | figure out how you got there? | 自己怎么会到这个地步的 |
[16:38] | And let him win? | 然后让他赢吗 |
[16:41] | I mean, what do you do when your concept of eternity | 要是你的灵魂永生信仰被一个 |
[16:44] | is wrapped up in a person that doesn’t believe in eternity? | 不信有永生的人摧毁的时候 你会怎么做 |
[16:48] | I mean, does this eternity even exist? | 灵魂永生难道真的不存在吗 |
[16:52] | You might want to talk to a senior. | 你也许该问问毕业班的 |
[16:55] | That’s it, Mr. Herkabe, you just broke the North High bank. | 全在这儿了 Herkabe老师 您赢光了北部高中所有的钱 |
[16:58] | Sometimes you’re kissed by the gods. | 有时候上帝就是眷顾你 |
[17:00] | Your trip to the corndog cart has been comped. | 玉米热狗推车已经为您准备好了 |
[17:03] | I should hope so. | 正合我意 |
[17:06] | Ladies. | 女士们 失陪了 |
[17:10] | I’ve been working hard, | 我已经很努力了 |
[17:11] | and I do care about this, but all your stuff blows. | 我也很关心这个 但是你们的东西都糟透了 |
[17:15] | Don’t worry, Malcolm. Just go up there and do your best. | 别担心 Malcolm 走上台尽力而为好了 |
[17:18] | And don’t be nervous. No one’s expecting much. | 也别紧张 也没人指望什么 |
[17:28] | Ladies and gentlemen, | 女士们先生们 |
[17:29] | it’s time for the Monte Carlo Night auction. | 蒙特卡洛之夜的拍卖要开始了 |
[17:31] | Please gather around. | 请聚过来 |
[17:35] | It’s a wonderful night and a wonderful cause. | 美妙的夜晚 美妙的活动 |
[17:37] | I have to say that the members of the North High Boosters | 我得说北部高中志愿者们 |
[17:40] | have really taught me so much about the true spirit of charity. | 教给了我太多慈善的真谛 |
[17:45] | So instead of the items listed in the program, | 所以不谈活动清单里罗列的东西了 |
[17:46] | we came up with some new items, | 我们想到了些新的竞拍品 |
[17:48] | which I think people will be very excited to bid on. | 相信你们会乐于竞标的 |
[17:51] | First item up: | 第一件 |
[17:52] | Our own Stephanie Wright has agreed to put up for auction | 我们的Stephanie Wright同意 |
[17:56] | a photograph of herself from eighth grade… | 把她八年级的照片拿来拍卖 |
[17:59] | With her original nose! | 是她整容之前的鼻子哦 |
[18:04] | Ten dollars! | 10块 |
[18:05] | – 20! -30! -40! -50! – 85 dollars! | – 20 – 30 – 40 – 50 – 85块 |
[18:08] | Sold! | 成交 |
[18:10] | Next up: | 下一件 |
[18:11] | Wayne Finster, for the right price. | Wayne Finster 只要价钱合适 |
[18:14] | Has volunteered to read out loud | 他就自愿把他妈妈每天 |
[18:16] | all the notes his mother puts in his lunch every day. | 放在他午餐里的注意事项都读出来 |
[18:19] | -Five dollars! -Ten! -25! -58 dollars and 25 cents! | – 5块 – 10 – 25 – 58块25分 |
[18:23] | Sold! | 成交 |
[18:24] | Next Item: | 下一项 |
[18:25] | Our club president, Phillip, | 我们社团的团长 Phillip |
[18:27] | has agreed to show the video his dad took of him crying | 同意展示 他爸爸录下的他被 |
[18:30] | after he got pulled from the Madison football game. | 踢出麦迪逊橄榄球赛后痛哭的录像 |
[18:32] | – 50 dollars! -60! -70! -80! – Sold! | – 50块 – 60 – 70 – 80 – 成交 |
[18:37] | Over 200 dollars in 30 seconds. I think | 30秒内200多块 我想我们 |
[18:39] | we’ve shown what the Booster spirit is really all about. | 已经展现出了真正的志愿者精神 |
[18:48] | That is so much money! | 这么多钱 |
[18:51] | We’re raising so much money! | 我们募到了这么多钱啊 |
[18:55] | For an extra 50 dollars, | 另外给50块 |
[18:56] | I’ll throw in a picture of me from before fat camp! | 我就给你们一张我去减肥营前的照片 |
[19:00] | – In a bikini! – 50 dollars! – 60! | – 穿着比基尼的 – 50块 – 60 |
[19:02] | – I also have notes from my shrink! – 80 bucks! – 90! | – 我还有心理医生给的注意事项 – 80块 – 90 |
[19:05] | – And my dad taped me singing | – 我爸还给我录了我对着梳子 |
[19:07] | – “Skater Boy” into a hairbrush! – 75 bucks! – 80! – 90! | – 唱Skater Boy的录像 – 75块 – 80 – 90 |
[19:21] | Our next item up for bid… | 我们的下一件拍卖品 |
[19:24] | is me. | 是我 |
[19:27] | I will let the top bidder cover | 我会让出价最高的人 |
[19:29] | my mouth with duct tape every morning for a week. | 每天早晨用胶布封住我的嘴 封一星期 |
[19:32] | – 90 – 100 – 120 – 130 – 160 – 90! – 100! – 120! – 130! – 160! | |
[19:36] | – 170! – 180! – 200! – 210! – 240! – 250! | – 170 – 180 – 200 – 210 – 240 – 250块 |
[19:41] | Well, that was quite an auction. | 刚刚的拍卖会太牛了 |
[19:43] | Yeah. This was one of the best nights of my life. | 是啊 这是我一生中最棒的夜晚之一 |
[19:45] | And I actually learn something about myself. | 而且我真的搞明白了自己的心结 |
[19:47] | I was having this giant conflict that I thought about my principles, | 我之前纠结与自己的那些原则问题 |
[19:50] | but it was really just about my own pride. | 其实那些只关乎我的自尊而已 |
[19:52] | And all I had to do to fix it is get over myself. | 要解开心结只要克服自己就行 |
[19:57] | Excuse me. | 失陪一下 |
[20:04] | Hal Hal? | |
[20:05] | I’ve changed my mind. I do believe in heaven. | 我改变我的想法了 我相信有天堂 |
[20:10] | I knew it! | 我就知道 |
[20:12] | Oh, I always knew you believed in heaven. | 我就知道你是相信天堂的 |
[20:16] | Keep the whistle. I’m good. | 口哨还你 我不需要了 |
[20:23] | Jamie, we need to talk. | Jamie 我们需要谈谈 |
[20:25] | I’m calling a truce. I know you’re | 我要求停战 我知道你很想 |
[20:28] | willing to keep going it gets, and I respect that. | 继续下去 我尊重你 |
[20:31] | But I realized something. Malcolm and Dewey are | 不过我想到 Malcolm和Dewey |
[20:33] | both geniuses, so they’re gonna team up against us. | 都是天才 所以他们会联手对付我们 |
[20:37] | And since you and I are | 既然你和我 |
[20:38] | both mentally the same, we should team up, too. | 智商上差不多 我们也该合作 |
[20:42] | Otherwise, they’re gonna do something horrible to us, | 否则他们一旦对我们使坏 |
[20:44] | and we probably won’t even understand it. | 我们自己可能都意识不到 |
[20:47] | So… | 所以 |
[20:48] | here. | 给你 |
[20:56] | Hey, thanks. | 谢咯 |
[21:04] | Reese, what the hell is wrong with you?! | Reese 你脑子进水啦 |
[21:08] | What? | 怎么了 |