时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:01] | Boy, when you wet the tip, this thing really cracks. | 兄弟 当你弄湿毛巾的一段 耍起来还真厉害 |
[00:06] | Hey, would you hold this for me? | Hey 你可以帮我拿一下吗 |
[00:09] | What’s that on the floor? | 在地板上的是什么 |
[00:10] | The poem I wrote about kittens. | 是我写的那首关于猫咪的诗 |
[00:13] | That’s so weird. | 真奇怪 |
[00:14] | I guess I have no choice but to bend over… | 我想我没有任何选择而去弯下身来 |
[00:17] | wearing last year’s shorts and pick it up. | 穿着上一年的上衣然后捡起来 |
[00:26] | He’s really sick, Mom. | 他真的生病了 妈妈 |
[01:03] | They’re here. | 他们到了 |
[01:04] | They’re here. | 他们到了 |
[01:06] | Francis and Piama are spending the weekend for Francis’ birthday. | Francis and Piama 为了Francis的生日回家度过周末 |
[01:09] | He’s turning 21 tomorrow. | 他明天就到了21岁 |
[01:10] | I haven’t seen Dad this excited | 我从来没见过爸爸那么兴奋 |
[01:12] | since he thought Francis turned 21 last year. | 自从他认为Francis上一年就到了21岁 |
[01:14] | Hey, it’s the birthday boy. Or should I say birthday man? | 嘿 这是生日男孩 或者我应该说生日男人呢 |
[01:18] | I know you said not to bring anything, but I brought a salad. | 我知道你说过不要带任何东西过来 但是我带了沙拉过来 |
[01:20] | Oh, thank you, Piama. That’s so thoughtful. | Oh 谢谢 Piama 那真的很体贴 |
[01:23] | I’ll just take it in the kitchen and rewash it. | 我就把它带到厨房 然后再重新洗一次 |
[01:27] | Oh… | 哦 |
[01:28] | I am so excited. | 我太兴奋了 |
[01:31] | Yeah, it’s going to be a great party. | Yean 这将是一个非常棒的生日派对 |
[01:32] | No,I did not mean the birthday party. | 不 我不是指生日派对 |
[01:33] | The… you know what. | 这 你知道的 |
[01:37] | Oh. | 哦 |
[01:38] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[01:38] | Thank you so much. | 十分感谢你 |
[01:39] | I’ve been looking forward to this for 12 years. | 我整整期待了这件事12年了 |
[01:42] | 12 long years. | 整整12年了 |
[01:46] | Yes, well… | 是的 |
[01:48] | it’s going to be everything you dreamed it would. | 这一切将是你所梦想的那样 |
[01:51] | This totally makes the Peter Pan thing worthwhile. | 这完全使那件彼得潘的事值得 |
[01:55] | Peter Pan? | 彼得潘 |
[01:56] | Peter Pan. | 彼得潘 |
[01:58] | Peter Pan! | 彼得潘 |
[02:01] | Oh, Francis, please. Oh, God, I am so sorry. | Oh Francis 我的天啊 我很对不起你 |
[02:05] | I didn’t know your school play was today. | 我不知道今天就是你学校的话剧表演 |
[02:07] | You saw me leave in this costume. | 你看着我穿着戏服离开家去学校的 |
[02:10] | Francis, please, stop crying. I am so sorry. | Francis 拜托了 不要哭了 我觉得很抱歉 |
[02:12] | Look, I’ll do anything to make it up to you. | 看 我愿意做任何事情去补偿你 |
[02:14] | What do you want? I’ll do anything. | 你想要什么 我会做任何事情的 |
[02:16] | I want to go on a motorcycle trip like you always talk about. | 我想和你去经常说的那个摩托车的旅行 |
[02:19] | Oh, honey, that is way back to college | Oh 亲爱的 那已经是以前大学的事了 |
[02:21] | and you know how your mother feel about it | 还有你知道你妈妈对于摩托车是什么感觉的 |
[02:23] | I want a motorcycle trip with my dad. | 我就是想跟一起去摩托车的旅行 |
[02:26] | Okay. Okay. | 好的 好的 |
[02:26] | I’ll tell you what. | 我这样跟你讲吧 |
[02:28] | When you turn 21, I promise I will take | 到你到了21岁 我就承诺带你去 |
[02:30] | you on the most awesome, special motorcycle trip, okay? | 一次最棒的 最特别的摩托车旅行 好吗 |
[02:34] | We’ll go when you turn 21. | 我们在你21岁的时候就出发 |
[02:37] | Oh, yeah. | 好啊 |
[02:39] | Motorcycle trip. | 摩托车旅行 |
[02:40] | At first I thought you were just saying it to shut me up. | 刚开始我以为你只是随便说说来让我闭嘴的 |
[02:43] | You’re just saying this to shut me up. | 你只是随便讲来让我闭嘴不哭的 |
[02:46] | No, son, this is a promise. | 不 儿子 这是一种承诺 |
[02:48] | On the day of your 21st birthday, I swear by all that is holy, | 在你21岁生日那天 我很郑重地发誓的 |
[02:52] | you and I will go on a father-son motorcycle trip, so help me God. | 你和我将一起去父亲-儿子之间的摩托车旅行 上帝作见证 |
[02:55] | How are you going to get Mom to let you? | 你怎么让妈妈同意让你这样做 |
[02:57] | I swear on my life, Francis, nothing will stop this. | 我用我的生命去发誓 Francis 没有任何一件事是可以阻止我的 |
[03:02] | This is the holiest, most sacred promise between a father and a son. | 这是父亲和儿子之间最真诚 最可怕的承诺 |
[03:07] | Nothing, and I mean nothing, can ever undo this promise! | 没有任何事情 我的意思是真的没有任何事情 能让这个承诺破解 |
[03:12] | Boy, I sure liked to nail things down, | 孩子 我真的能把事情做好 |
[03:14] | – didn’t I? – Oh, yeah. It’s going to be great. | – 难道不是吗 – 是啊 这将会非常棒 |
[03:17] | Wait, wasn’t there…? | 等一下 这不是 |
[03:20] | This is sealed in blood. | 这是用血去密封 |
[03:23] | Do you hear me, son? Sealed in blood. | 你听到我说的话吗 儿子 用血去密封 |
[03:27] | Oh, crap. | 糟糕 |
[03:30] | Okay, I’ll pitch in three dollars for Francis’ birthday present. | 好的 我凑3美元去买Francis的生日礼物 |
[03:32] | Me, too. | 我也是 |
[03:33] | And three from me. | 然后这是我的3美元 |
[03:34] | So we’re agreed. | 我们同意啦 |
[03:35] | We’re giving Francis nine dollars for his birthday. | 我们将会买9美元的生日礼物给他 |
[03:38] | Hey, your friend’s outside. | 嘿 你的朋友在外面 |
[03:41] | What do you mean “Friend”? | “朋友” 什么意思 |
[03:42] | Your friend, Randy somebody. Really big kid. | 你的朋友 某某Randy 那个高高大大的孩子Randy |
[03:46] | Randy Zane Randy Zane? | |
[03:47] | Yeah, I think he wants to play baseball. | 是的 我觉得他想玩棒球 |
[03:49] | What? | 什么 |
[03:49] | He’s outside right now with his bat. | 他拿着球棒现在在外面等着 |
[03:51] | He seems really impatient. | 他看起来非常没有耐心 |
[03:52] | You know, I told you boys if | 你们知道的 我告诉过你们 如果 |
[03:54] | you just made an effort you could make friends. | 只要用一点点努力就能交到朋友 |
[03:56] | You see? You listened to me and it paid off. | 你们看 你们听我的话 然后这得到回报了 |
[03:58] | Just think how much easier your | 只要想想你们的生活将会多容易 |
[04:00] | lives would be if you listened to me all the time. | 如果你们一直都听我的话 |
[04:05] | God, he looks mad. | 天啊 他看起来很生气 |
[04:07] | Which one of us do you think he wants? | 你觉得我们当中他想找谁 |
[04:09] | Reese, it’s obviously you. | Reese 这很明显就是找你的 |
[04:10] | That must’ve been his | 这肯定是 |
[04:11] | bike that you superglued to the train tracks. | 你把他的单车弄到火车轨道上砸烂 |
[04:13] | We don’t know that. | 我们不清楚是不是那件事呢 |
[04:14] | You were pretty fast and loose | 那天你很肯定弄不好那个 |
[04:15] | with that dog-crap slingshot the other day. | 垃圾弹弓 |
[04:17] | How do you know you didn’t hit him? | 你怎么知道不是你意外地弄伤了他 |
[04:18] | What about you? | 你呢 |
[04:19] | How many people did you convince to buy those algebra pills? | 你说服了多少人去买那些所谓能帮你做代数的神奇药丸呢 |
[04:22] | You know, our lives would be a lot | 你们知道的 我们的生活将会很 |
[04:23] | easier if we didn’t all pull this crap at the same time. | 轻松如果我们不是一起同时做出那么多糟糕的事 |
[04:26] | I suggested a rotating calendar years ago, | 很多年前我就建议做一个轮流恶作剧的日历表 |
[04:28] | and you guys ignored me. And here we are. | 但是你们却忽视我 现在我们到达这个地步 |
[04:31] | Let’s just go tell Mom. | 我们去告诉妈妈吧 |
[04:32] | We can’t. | 我们不可以告诉她 |
[04:33] | If we send Mom out there, Randy will just | 如果我们让妈妈出去 Randy 只会 |
[04:34] | tell her what we did, and then they’ll both be after us. | 告诉她我们的所作所为 然后 他们会跟我们一起算账 |
[04:36] | Did you see that movie where Freddie teamed up with Jason? | 你不是看了那个电影那里Freddie 和Jason联合起来吗 |
[04:38] | Is that what you want? | 那就是你想要的吗 |
[04:39] | Then what we do? | 那我们怎么办 |
[04:41] | He can’t stand out there forever. We’ll just wait him out. | 他不可能永远都站在那里的 我们只是需要等他等到累 |
[04:44] | So what if we have to stay inside for awhile. | 只要我们待在里面一段时间 |
[04:49] | – Oh, my God, he’s still out there. – I think he grew. | Oh 我的天啊 他还在在外面 – 我觉得他长大了 |
[04:54] | Why is he smoking two cigarettes? | 为什么他吸两根烟 |
[04:57] | Those are his eyes. | 那是他的眼睛 |
[05:01] | Hal, what are you doing? | Hal 你在干什么 |
[05:03] | I’m just trying to think of | 我只是在想一些 |
[05:04] | some wise things to say to Francis tomorrow. | 有智慧的话明天去跟Francis 说 |
[05:07] | A father should have some wisdom for his son, don’t you think? | 一个父亲应该有一些智慧传给他的孩子 你不是这样认为的吗 |
[05:09] | Well, it is a big day. You only turn 21 once. | 好吧 那是一个重要的日子 你一生中只有一次21岁 |
[05:16] | Hey, remember before he was born and I had that Harley Da…? | Hey 记得在他出生之前 我有一台哈雷的 |
[05:22] | No motorcycles ever! | 永远不准骑摩托车 |
[05:24] | You do not talk about motorcycles. | 你不容许讲关于摩托车 |
[05:26] | You do not think, you do not wish, you do | 你不可以想 不可以期待 |
[05:28] | not even reminisce about those stupid, idiotic death traps. | 你甚至不可以回忆那些愚蠢 白痴的致命的陷阱 |
[05:32] | They do not exist. Motorcycles do not exist. | 它们不存在在这个世界上 摩托车不存在 |
[05:36] | Say it. | 说出来 |
[05:37] | – Motorcycles do not exist. – What does not exist? | -摩托车不存在 -什么是不存在的 |
[05:40] | – I don’t know. – Good. | – 我不知道 – 非常好 |
[05:43] | He was out there all night. | 他整个晚上都在外面 |
[05:45] | – Doesn’t he get bored? – Do sharks get bored? | – 难道他不会无聊的吗 – 鲨鱼会无聊的吗 |
[05:48] | You know what, we’ll just stay inside all day today, too. | 你知道什么 我们指需要一整天都待在家里就好了 |
[05:51] | We can last longer than he can. | 我们可以比他更加会坚持 |
[05:54] | Mmm. | 好 |
[05:55] | So that’s your famous pasta sauce Francis talks so much about? | 这是Francis 经常讲的 很有名的意粉酱 |
[05:58] | Yeah, I only make it for birthdays and acquittals. | 是的 我只是在生日或者被宣告无罪释放的时候做 |
[06:01] | One time it was both. | 有一次 是两者都是 |
[06:02] | I just love the smell of home cooking. | 我就是喜欢住家菜的味道 |
[06:04] | Really? | 真的吗 |
[06:05] | Do you know there’s a way to get that smell in your own house? | 你知道哪里有方法让你的家也有这种味道吗 |
[06:08] | Okay, it’s all set up. | 好的 全部都准备好了 |
[06:10] | The rental place is delivering two | 租借摩托车的地方将会送两台 |
[06:12] | motorcycles to the gas station on 10th and Coolidge. | 摩托车去在10th and Coolidge那里的加油站 |
[06:14] | I already have a couple of satchels packed. | 我已经准备了几个已经打包好的背包 |
[06:16] | At 5:30, we’ll just slip out and disappear. | 在5:30 我们就溜出去然后消失 |
[06:18] | This is so awesome. | 非常好 |
[06:20] | So Francis, your birthday dinner starts at 6:00. | Francis 你的生日派对在6:00开始 |
[06:23] | – I hope you’re hungry. – Oh, gosh, I sure am. | – 我希望你饿 – Oh 天啊 我肯定我已经饿了 |
[06:25] | I’m hungry for all of it. My only problem | 我对一切东西都饿了 我唯一的问题是 |
[06:27] | will be deciding which amazing side dish to eat first. | 哪一道好吃的小菜首先吃 |
[06:30] | But I guess I’ll solve that problem | 但是我觉得我会在6:00解决那个问题的 |
[06:32] | at 6:00 ’cause that’s when my birthday party starts. | 因为那是我的生日派对开始 |
[06:34] | Be cool. | 冷静 |
[06:45] | We’re going to be stuck in here forever. | 我们将会永远都困在这里 |
[06:49] | It’ll be fine. | 会好起来的 |
[06:50] | Eventually, he’ll get bored, or tired, or die of starvation. | 最终 他会无聊或者累 或者因为没有东西吃而饿死 |
[06:53] | But who knows how long that could take? | 但是谁知道这要花费多长时间 |
[06:55] | I’m going crazy here. I mean, look at me, I’m reading a book. | 我快疯了 我的意思是 看我 我居然在看书 |
[06:58] | This is dumb. | 这非常愚蠢 |
[06:59] | I’m not going to do this anymore. | 我再也不能这样做了 |
[07:01] | I’m just going to go out and see if it’s me he wants. | 我会出去 然后看他是不是找我 |
[07:03] | – What are you, nuts? – I’m not going to live like this. | – 你是谁啊 疯子 – 我不会这样生活 |
[07:05] | I’ve been beaten before. | 我以前也试过给人打 |
[07:07] | I’m just going to get it over with and live the rest of my life. | 我只需要克服过来然后继续我的生活 |
[07:14] | God, he’s walking right up to him. | 天啊 他走向他 |
[07:17] | Randy’s hitting him. | Randy 正在打他 |
[07:18] | He’s hitting him. It’s not us. | 他正在打他 他不是找我们 |
[07:23] | You know, for a little kid, he can really take a punch. | 你知道的 对于一个小孩 他真的能经受被人打 |
[07:27] | I can’t believe I’ve been going so easy on him. | 我不敢相信一直以来我打他打的那么轻 |
[07:30] | Give me the tape, and I’ll get this side. | 给我递一下那个透明胶 我弄好这一边 |
[07:32] | Oh, I got it. | 好的 我来弄 |
[07:32] | This tape dispenser is tricky. | 这卷透明胶分配器很麻烦的 |
[07:34] | It’ll take me longer to explain it. | 会花费我更长的时间怎么解释去使用它 |
[07:43] | Dewey, are you okay? | Dewey 你还好吗 |
[07:45] | Boy, that was a beating. | 天啊 那才是一场真正的挨打 |
[07:47] | I mean, no offense to you guys, but “Wow.” | 我的意思是 不要介意 但是”哇” |
[07:49] | Why did he beat you up? Did he say? | 为什么他打你 他说了什么 |
[07:51] | Actually, he said it wasn’t me. | 事实上 他说他不是找我 |
[07:53] | Then why’d he eat you up? | 那么为什么他打你 |
[07:54] | He said it was just a warm-up. | 他说这只是一个热身 |
[07:56] | Then he said to send out my brother. | 然后他叫我去叫我的兄弟出来 |
[07:57] | Which brother, me or Malcolm? | 哪一个兄弟 我还是Malcolm |
[07:58] | He just said “Brother.” | 他只是说”兄弟” |
[08:01] | Boy, what a weight off. | 天啊 一身轻松 |
[08:02] | It’s just so great to have this over with. I’m finally free. | 真的太好了 一切都结束了 我终于自由了 |
[08:06] | And I’m getting some major tooth fairy money. | 我还有一些牙齿仙子钱呢 |
[08:11] | You know, Hal, I realized this afternoon we | 你知道 Hal 今天下午我意识到我们 |
[08:13] | don’t have any pictures from any of Francis’ birthday parties. | 没有任何一张来自Francis的生日派对的照片 |
[08:16] | I want you to make sure you have plenty of film in the camera. | 我希望你肯定在相机那里有很多的菲林 |
[08:18] | Will do. Get ready for a boatload of memories. | 肯定 为满满的回忆做好准备 |
[08:21] | Uh, Dad. Can you come out here for a second? | Uh 爸爸 你可以稍微出来一下下吗 |
[08:29] | No, no, no, no, no. | 不 不 不 不 不 |
[08:30] | These were supposed to go to the gas station. | 它们应该被送到加油站的 |
[08:32] | That’s what I’m telling him. | 我就是这样和他说的 |
[08:33] | Look, this is the address that’s on the credit card. | 看 这是信用卡上的地址 |
[08:35] | But these can’t be anywhere near here. | 但是这些东西不应该靠近这里 |
[08:37] | You have to take them to the gas station. | 你必须把它们送到加油站 |
[08:38] | I’m not even insured to | 我甚至不肯定去 |
[08:39] | touch these things once they’re off the truck. | 碰他们一旦他们离开那辆货车 |
[08:42] | But you know, you want them taken | 但是你知道的 你想他们被运到去加油站 |
[08:43] | down to the gas station, they are motorcycles. | 它们可是摩托车 |
[08:46] | Is everything okay out there, honey? | 亲爱的 一切都还好吗 |
[08:48] | Fine, no problem. | 很好 没有任何问题 |
[08:50] | Francis just wanted to make sure | Francis只是确保我们今晚不是穿同样的衣服 |
[08:51] | that we weren’t wearing the same outfit tonight. | 今晚不是穿同样的衣服 |
[08:53] | Okay, just help me get these into the garage. | 好的 现在只需要帮我把它们弄进车库 |
[08:55] | Wow. Those are cool. | 哇 这些摩托车真酷 |
[08:57] | Listen, do not say a word about this. If you just stay quiet, | 听着 不要说出去 如果你保持安静 |
[09:00] | I promise when you turn 21, I will take you on a trip with me on a rocket ship. | 我保证到你21岁生日的时候 我会带着你和我去一段火箭船的旅行 |
[09:05] | A rocket ship, Dewey. | 一场火箭船旅行 Dewey |
[09:06] | I swear on my life. I swear on | 我用我的生命去跟你发誓 我用一切 |
[09:08] | everything that is sacred, as God is my witness. | 可怕的事情去发誓 上帝可以作我的见证 |
[09:12] | Ow. | 哇 |
[09:12] | Oh, how did you…? I don’t care. | 哦 你怎么 我不管 |
[09:15] | Francis, come on, quickly. | Francis 来 快点 |
[09:16] | – How do I…? – Just kick it into neutral and follow me. | – 我怎么 – 只需要踩油到中档然后跟着我 |
[09:25] | Just turn left and gun it! | 只要转左然后踩油门 |
[09:35] | I call you later. | 我等一会再打给你 |
[09:37] | I love you. | 我爱你 |
[09:45] | This should have been the greatest day of our lives. | 这本来应该是我们一生中最好的一天 |
[09:47] | Dad and Francis rode motorcycles | 爸爸和Francis骑摩托车 |
[09:48] | through the living room, and where were we? | 穿过客厅 然后我们呢 |
[09:50] | Hiding under our beds. | 躲在我们的床底 |
[09:52] | “Oh, I’m really looking forward to dinner.” | “oh 我真的很期待晚餐” |
[09:54] | What a jerk. | 真是一个混蛋 |
[09:55] | I don’t know what I’m gonna end up doing to him. | 我不知道我应该怎么收拾他 |
[09:58] | All I know is every stroke | 我只知道每一次都是一次冲击 |
[09:59] | of this brush strengthens my killing arm. | 让我想杀了他 |
[10:01] | Do you have another bucket? | 你还有另外一个桶吗 |
[10:02] | I can get started on the tracks in the living room. | 我可以开始清洁客厅那个摩托车的痕迹 |
[10:05] | Oh, I’ll just end up redoing them all myself anyway. | oh 反正最后我都是要重新清洁一次 |
[10:07] | Why don’t you just watch some TV? Then you’ll be out of the way. | 为什么你不看看电视 这样你就不会妨碍我干活 |
[10:11] | Lois Lois! | |
[10:12] | No one is as useless as you think I am! | 我并非你想象中那么没用的 |
[10:16] | My focus should be on hating my husband and planning revenge, | 我的注意力应该集中在恨我的丈夫还有复仇上 |
[10:19] | not worrying about whether I belong here. | 不是担心我是不是属于这里 |
[10:25] | You are absolutely right. | 你是对的 |
[10:30] | I’m sorry. | 对不起 |
[10:31] | You deserve better. | 你值得拥有更好的 |
[10:34] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[10:35] | I appreciate that. | 我很感谢 |
[10:40] | So now what? | 那么现在怎么样 |
[10:41] | Well, I don’t know. We’re kind of in uncharted waters here. | well 我不知道 我们暂时没有任何的想法 |
[10:47] | – Drink? – Absolutely. | – 酒 – 肯定地 |
[10:51] | Oh, man, what a day. What a ride. | Oh 天啊 多爽的一天 多爽的一次骑摩托车旅程 |
[10:55] | – That was fantastic! – Yeah. | – 真的很好 – 对的 |
[10:57] | Just wait. Tomorrow we go around the | 只要等等 明天我们你会喜欢的围绕 |
[10:59] | lake to this funky old hot springs you are gonna love. | 着湖的那个时髦的旧式温泉浴 |
[11:02] | This is the same route I | 这是同样的旅程 |
[11:03] | used to take every month with my buddy, Roy, | 我曾经每一个月跟我的兄弟Roy一起走过的 |
[11:05] | until he got dragged a quarter mile by that school bus. | 直到他被那个学校巴士拖到四分之一英里那么远 |
[11:09] | Thanks for doing this, Dad. | 很感谢你做这些 爸爸 |
[11:23] | You know, son, you should | 你知道的 儿子 你应该总是 |
[11:25] | always pick battles that are big enough to matter, | 挑选足够大的战斗去在乎 |
[11:29] | but small enough to win. | 但小到足以赢得战斗 |
[11:32] | Yeah, okay. | 对的 |
[11:42] | I say life is the only real counselor. | 我觉得人生就是一个真正的辅导员 |
[11:46] | Wisdom unfiltered through personal | 少不更事的聪明人从来没有 |
[11:48] | experience does not become part of the moral tissue. | 任何道义上的问题 |
[11:52] | Dad, you feeling okay? | 爸爸 你感觉还好吗 |
[11:55] | Never mind. | 不需要在意 |
[11:56] | Listen, I have got something really special for you. | 听着 我有一些很特别的事让你知道 |
[11:59] | You know, it’s kind of a father-son thing to honor the occasion. | 你知道 这是一种父亲-儿子的事纪用来念这个情节 |
[12:02] | It was a little expensive, but I am going to sit | 它有一点点贵 但是我准备跟我21岁的儿子 |
[12:06] | with my 21-year-old son and share a 21-year-old bottle of Scotch. | 一起去分享这个21岁的苏格兰威士忌 |
[12:12] | The guy at Liquor Clown said this was the best. | 卖酒的人说这是最好的 |
[12:15] | Dad, I’m sorry. I’m sober now. I don’t drink anymore. | 爸爸 对不起 我已经禁酒了 我不再喝酒了 |
[12:19] | – What? – I’m sober now. | – 什么 – 我现在禁酒了 |
[12:21] | I went to AA. | 我去了AA(美国的一种禁酒自助协会) |
[12:23] | What? | 什么 |
[12:25] | When did this happen? | 什么时候发生 |
[12:26] | Last year. It just became a problem, and | 上一年 嗜酒成为一个问题 然后我有点过了 |
[12:29] | I kind of bottomed out, so I decided to get some help, and, | 所以我决定去找帮助 接着 |
[12:32] | I’ve been sober for six months now. | 我已经六个月没有喝酒 |
[12:34] | And you didn’t tell me about this? | 你怎么不告诉我这些 |
[12:36] | Well, I’m telling you now. | Well 我现在告诉你 |
[12:37] | What good is it to tell me now? I’m your father. | 现在告诉我有什么用 我是你的父亲 |
[12:40] | You could have come to me about this. | 你应该来我这里得到帮助 |
[12:42] | Instead you go to a bunch of strangers with drinking problems? | 相反你去一群有嗜酒问题的陌生人那里 |
[12:45] | Well, I’m sorry… I guess. | 好吧 对不起 我猜 |
[12:47] | Which one of the 12 steps is the | 这算是哪门子的12个步骤 |
[12:48] | one where you act like your father doesn’t exist? | 你的所作所为就好像你的父亲没有存在过一样 |
[12:50] | Dad, what’s the big deal? It was my problem. | 爸爸 这有什么大的问题 这是我的问题 |
[12:53] | I went, and I did what I needed | 我到外面 然后我做了我必须做的事 |
[12:54] | – to do to get help. – I’m supposed to help you. | – 去得到帮助 – 我应该去帮助你的 |
[12:57] | I deserved to know. | 我值得去知道你的问题 |
[12:59] | And meanwhile, I plan this whole trip, and now I find out you’re sober, | 同时 我计划了一整个旅行计划 现在我发现你不喝酒 |
[13:02] | and I’m standing here with a bottle of booze like some kind of jackass. | 然后我拿着一瓶酒站在这里就像所谓的混蛋 |
[13:06] | You know, it’s just a little tough… Wow. | 你知道的 这有点难 哇 |
[13:09] | It’s just little tough to find out. | 这对于我来说有点困难去发现你不向我求助 |
[13:11] | Do you have any other surprises for me? | 你还有什么惊喜我是不知道的 |
[13:13] | Do I have any grandchildren I never met? | 我有我没见过的外孙吗 |
[13:14] | – Do you have a boyfriend?! – Dad, come on. This is a nice trip. | – 你有男朋友吗 – 爸爸 拜托 这本来是一次很好的旅行 |
[13:18] | I want to just enjoy this. | 我只是想去享受它 |
[13:20] | I’m going to bed. | 我去睡了 |
[13:27] | I liked the thing you said about picking battles. | 我喜欢你说的那些关于选择战争的事 |
[13:30] | I got it off a billboard. | 我忘记了 |
[13:36] | Oh, look at this. You got Francis a watch. | 哦 看 你买了一个手表给Francis |
[13:40] | That was so nice of you. | 你真好 |
[13:45] | This is a rare promotional Doobie Brothers EP. | 这是难得一见的促销的Doobie兄弟EP影片 |
[13:49] | Oh. Hal almost cried when he found this at a yard sale. | 哦 Hal在一次庭院拍卖中发现它的时候差不多激动地哭了出来 |
[13:56] | – It still doesn’t seem like enough. – Oh, | – 这些都好像不足够呢 -哦 |
[13:59] | honey, this is just how we get the creative juices flowing. | 亲爱的 这只是我们怎么样让我们的创造力发挥出来 |
[14:02] | It’s tough. You have to make your husband miserable, but I have | 这很苦难 你让你的丈夫难受 我必须让我的丈夫难受 |
[14:05] | to make mine miserable and make it a warning to the other three boys in the house. | 还有给其他三个小男孩作为一次警告 |
[14:09] | – Do men ever think about what’s gonna happen when they | – 男人难道不想一下什么事情会发生 |
[14:12] | do these stupid things? | 当他们做那些愚蠢的事 |
[14:13] | No, that’s what’s weird about men, they never do. | 不 那就是男人奇怪的地方 他们从来不想 |
[14:15] | I guarantee you those two won’t | 我敢向你保证他们两个从来 |
[14:17] | even think about the consequences of their actions | 没有想过他们的行为所带来的后果 |
[14:20] | until five minutes before they come home. | 直到他们回家之前的5分钟 |
[14:23] | So no matter how low I set the bar, | 那么不管我把那个标准设得有多低 |
[14:24] | he’ll still find a way to crawl under it? | 他依然会找到办法去越过那个标准 |
[14:27] | You still think there’s a bar. | 你还认为那里有一个标准 |
[14:29] | That’s so cute. | 真可爱 |
[14:36] | Look at him, sleeping peacefully | 看着他 睡得多安详 |
[14:38] | while I’m sitting here going through hell. | 同时我坐在这里就像在地狱一样煎熬 |
[14:42] | It’s not fair. | 这不公平 |
[14:45] | God, when did this room get so small? I hate this. | 天啊 这个房间什么时候那么小 我不喜欢这样 |
[14:49] | – Reese, come on, go to sleep. – I can’t. | – Reese 拜托 去睡觉 – 我睡不着 |
[14:52] | I just keep thinking about the beating. | 我就是不断地去想那一顿揍 |
[14:54] | How long it’ll hurt, how bad it’ll be, when it’s gonna happen. | 它会疼多久 有多疼 当发生的时候 |
[14:59] | What if it’s on the Fourth of July? That’ll ruin it. | 如果他在国庆节揍我 会破坏国庆节的 |
[15:03] | – I was gonna have pie. – Dude, you have to calm down. | – 我准备吃派 – 兄弟 你一定要冷静下来 |
[15:07] | – We can wait it out. We can beat this. | – 我们可以等待 我们可以战胜这些 |
[15:09] | – I can’t take this anymore. | – 我再也受不了了 |
[15:10] | I’m going out there. It’s probably me he wants, anyway. | 我出去外面 反正他可能是找我的 |
[15:13] | – Reese, that’s stupid. | – Reese 这太笨了 |
[15:15] | There is no logic in that. – Yes, there is. | – 这里没有任何逻辑在里面 – 是的 这里有 |
[15:17] | He is just getting madder and madder. And the | 他只会越来越生气 他等得 |
[15:19] | longer he has to wait, the worse the beating is going to be. | 越来越长 那顿揍只会越来越严重 |
[15:24] | Reese, think about it. | Reese 想一下 |
[15:25] | Dewey got beat up even though Randy wasn’t after him. | 尽管Randy不是找他麻烦 Dewey还是给人打了 |
[15:28] | If you go out there now, he’ll beat you up | 如果你出去了 他会打你 |
[15:29] | even if you’re not the one he wants, just to send a message to me. | 就算你不是他找的那个人 这些只是为了带给我一条信息 |
[15:32] | I don’t care anymore. | 我再也不在乎 |
[15:34] | But if you just wait, I’ll figure out a way to get out of this. | 但是如果你等下去 我会想到解决的办法 |
[15:36] | I am not gonna wait while you keep trying | 我不会再等下去了 同时你在不断努力 |
[15:38] | to come up with some plan that you’ll never come up with. | 去想那些不可能有的解决办法 |
[15:40] | I have to live in the real world. | 我必须生活在现实生活中 |
[16:02] | This mud feels fantastic, doesn’t it? | 这些泥土感觉很好 难道不是吗 |
[16:07] | It’s so soothing, I don’t even care about | 它很舒缓人的神经 我甚至不在乎 |
[16:09] | all the hundreds of people who left their pubes in here. | 很多人呕吐在里面 |
[16:15] | Come on, Dad. We should be making the most of this. | 拜托 爸爸 我们就应该尽情地享受它 |
[16:18] | You sulked all the way here, you sulked all the way through the cold plunge, | 你一路上都在生闷气 你来这个那么酷的温泉浴的路上还在生闷气 |
[16:22] | you even sulked when they beat us with juniper branches. | 你甚至在他们用杜松树枝打我们的时候还在生闷气 |
[16:25] | Stop being such a baby. | 不要那么孩子气 |
[16:27] | I’m sorry I had such high expectations for this trip. | 我对不起我对这一次旅行有那么高的期望 |
[16:32] | For all the trouble I went to, I thought | 经历了那么多苦难 我以为 |
[16:34] | maybe I could maybe be an important part of your life. | 我或者是你人生中很重要的一部分 |
[16:36] | This has been a nice trip, Dad. | 这是一个很好的旅行 爸爸 |
[16:38] | This is exactly how I was hoping it would be. | 这真的是我期望的那么兴奋 |
[16:44] | It just gets to me, Francis. I mean, how did | 我就是不明白 Francis 我的意思是 我们怎么 |
[16:46] | we get to this point where you’re doing all this stuff without me? | 到达一个点你不再跟我分享你做得事情 |
[16:48] | I mean, you’re-you’re traveling everywhere, you’re getting married, | 我的意思 你-你到处旅行 你结婚了 |
[16:51] | you’re doing all these things without even telling me. | 你没有告诉我就做了那么多事情 |
[16:53] | – And now I find out you even went to AA without telling me? | -然后现在我甚至发现你没有告诉我就去了AA |
[16:57] | – I can’t help it, Dad. I’m a grown-up now. It happens. | – 我阻止不了 爸爸 我已经是一个大人了 这会发生的 |
[17:02] | And I missed it. | 我错过了 |
[17:05] | I mean, here you’ve grown into this nice, responsible, | 我的意思是 你成长成为一个很好 很负责的人 很正派的男人 |
[17:09] | decent man, and I didn’t get to be there for it. | 然后我没有参与到你成长的部分那里 |
[17:13] | I missed you being there, too, Dad. | 我也很怀念你在我成长的路程上 爸爸 |
[17:16] | It kind of makes me happy you feel sad about it. | 这甚至让我觉得很开心 你会觉得很伤心 |
[17:20] | – Well, that’s something anyway. – Yeah. | – 好吧 这反正已经成为事实了 – 对的 |
[17:30] | Five minutes. | 还有5分钟 |
[17:31] | Holy crap, we’ve got to get back home! | 天啊 我们还要回家 |
[17:34] | Do you realize how much trouble we’re in? | 你意识到我们闯了多大的祸吗 |
[17:36] | Oh, God, you’re right. We’re dead. We can’t go back. | 啊 天啊 你是对的 我们死定了 我们不能回去 |
[17:38] | No, no, no, no, wait. I’ll think of something. | 不 不 不 不 等一下 我会想办法 |
[17:40] | I’ve been married for 20 years, and I’ve gotten out of a lot of trouble. | 我结婚了20年 我闯过不少的祸 |
[17:43] | – Wait, how is it 20 years if I’m 21? | – 等一下 怎么会是20年 我已经21岁 |
[17:45] | – Just shut up and let me think. | – 闭嘴 让我想想 |
[17:47] | – Okay. I have something. – What? | – 好吧 我想到了 – 什么 |
[17:50] | Ow! God. What the hell was that for? | Ow 天啊 这到底是为了什么 |
[17:53] | You were in a terrible | 你发生了一次很严重的 |
[17:54] | motorcycle accident that taught you a lesson. | 摩托车意外 然后你学到了教训 |
[17:56] | Now it’s not gonna solve everything, but it’s gonna | 现在不会解决所有问题 但是它会让你的 |
[17:58] | make your apology go down a lot easier because it makes them right, | 道歉更加容易让人接受因为她们是正确的 |
[18:01] | which is what they really want. | 这正是她们想要的 |
[18:03] | – Dad, you’re brilliant. | – 爸爸 你真的是聪明了 |
[18:04] | – There’s no time for that. Just do me now. | – 没时间了 现在你打我 |
[18:06] | You’re gonna want to grab between the second | 你准备捉住在第二和 |
[18:07] | and third knuckle, and go up and back in one smooth motion. | 第三个指关节之间的地方 然后往上到下慢慢折断 |
[18:09] | But just these two so I can still work the throttle. | 不要弄坏这两根 我还按油门 |
[18:14] | – I love you, Dad. – I love you, too, son. | – 我爱你 爸爸 – 我爱你 儿子 |
[18:22] | You were right, Dewey. | 你是对的 Dewey |
[18:22] | – can’t tell you how much better I feel. – Told ya. | – 我感觉好多了 – 早就告诉你了 |
[18:25] | It’s really freeing. | 真的自由了 |
[18:26] | Especially knowing he still wants the other brother. | 尤其的是他知道他想打的是另外一个兄弟 |
[18:32] | Malcolm, you got to go out there. It’s time. He wants you. | Malcolm 你必须到外面 这是时候了 他想打的人是你 |
[18:34] | No. By October, I’ll be strong enough to beat him. | 不 直到十月份 我就足够强壮去打他 |
[18:37] | Come on, Malcolm. You have school tomorrow. You can | 来吧 Malcolm. 你明天必须上学 你可以 |
[18:39] | pretend to be sick for a few days, but sooner or later, Mom gets involved. | 假装生病几天 但是不早不迟的 妈妈掺入进来 |
[18:42] | – Then what? – I’ll think of something. | – 然后怎么样 – 我会想到办法的 |
[18:44] | Thinking won’t do it, Malcolm. | 思考是没有作用的 Malcolm. |
[18:45] | This is not a smart thing. It’s a life thing. | 这不关于聪明 这是关于人生 |
[18:49] | Randy is like an earthquake. | Randy 就像一场地震 |
[18:50] | It’s just something that’s gonna happen. | 这就像一些必须发生的事 |
[18:52] | Seriously, Malcolm, the longer | 真的 Malcolm |
[18:53] | you try to put this off, the worse it’s gonna to be. | 你尝试去延迟越来越长的时间 只会越来越糟糕 |
[18:55] | I could tell he was holding back. | 我可以告诉你他已经是有所保留了 |
[18:57] | He’s got a lot farther he could go. | 他有更多的打算 |
[18:59] | – This is nothing. – No, I’m not giving up. I don’t give up. | -这根本没什么 – 不 我不放弃 我不放弃 |
[19:03] | I’m not a quitter. If I have a problem, | 我不是一个容易放弃的人 如果我遇到问题 |
[19:05] | I think and work and keep working on it until I solve it. | 我不断地想 不断努力知道我解决了问题 |
[19:08] | Okay, name one time that’s ever worked out for you. | 好吧 说出一件对你是有起作用的事 |
[19:11] | Well… | 好 |
[19:12] | Did it work five years ago when your hamster died, | 它是否对你5年前死的那个仓鼠起作用 |
[19:14] | and you spent so many | 然后你用了很多时间给它一个心肺复苏术 以至于 |
[19:16] | hours giving it CPR that the doctors had to put a shunt in your mouth to help the sores drain? | 医生不得不把分流器放在你的嘴 以帮助溃疡排出 |
[19:20] | Did it work with that girl you kept hounding because | 它是否对那个你一直纠缠的女生起作用 因为 |
[19:22] | you thought she was so close to liking you until she finally maced you? | 你以为她差一点就喜欢你的 直到她捉弄你 |
[19:26] | No, but I could. I could… | 不 但是我可以 我可以 |
[19:30] | Malcolm, think about it. | Malcolm 想想 |
[19:36] | You’re right. | 你是对的 |
[19:38] | I really have to go out there. | 我真的很想出去 |
[19:46] | I appreciate you guys looking out for me. | 我很感激你们为我着想 |
[19:54] | We didn’t think you’d be so easy to convince. | 我们不知道你会那么容易给说服了 |
[20:10] | No, not him. Where’s the red-haired brother? | 不 不是他 那个红头发的兄弟在哪里 |
[20:13] | There is no red-haired brother. | 这里没有红头发的兄弟 |
[20:14] | – This is it. – Shoot. I have the wrong house. | – 这就是他 – 妈的 我找错房子了 |
[20:19] | Where’s that house with the ass-bag works handicapped kids. | 与一个残疾孩子工作的那个混蛋的家在哪里 |
[20:22] | Oh, that’s Eddie Jeffers. He lives on Comstock. | Oh 那是Eddie Jeffers 他住在康斯托克 |
[20:28] | You guys got pounded, and I got off scot-free. | 你们给人打 而我却一点伤痕也没有 |
[20:31] | Hah! Now whose philosophy looks stupid? | 哈 现在谁的理论看起来更加笨 |
[20:33] | You thought I couldn’t come up with… | 你认为我想不出任何办法 |
[20:38] | Guys, wait. What if we do this tomorrow? | 兄弟 等一下 我们明天再做这件事 |
[20:41] | You’ll be rested. Take some time first. | 你们休息一下先 首先用点时间休息一下 |
[20:45] | We worked so hard and spent so much on Francis’ dinner, | 我们辛苦劳动然后再Francis的生日派对那里花费了那么多心机 |
[20:48] | it’s nice that we can all finally enjoy it. | 这非常好我们终于可以享受生日派对 |
[20:52] | More steak, honey? | 更多牛排 亲爱的 |