时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:02] | Here, I brought one for you. | 给 我给你也拿了一罐 |
[00:03] | Thanks. And now I’ll take | 谢谢 我现在要跟你换 |
[00:05] | yours because you obviously shook mine up. | 因为你肯定使劲摇过我这罐 |
[00:08] | Wait a minute. | 等等 |
[00:10] | You wanted me to do that. | 这样就掉进你的陷阱里了 |
[00:12] | Of course, you had to have known I was going to know that. | 你肯定知道我会那么想 |
[00:16] | Unless you didn’t think I was smart enough, | 除非你觉得我没那么聪明 |
[00:18] | but I’m smarter than… | 但我还是 |
[00:20] | You know what? I’m not smart enough to figure it out. | 我就是没那么聪明 搞不清你的伎俩 |
[00:23] | So what? Big deal. | 那又怎样 有什么大不了 |
[00:31] | I’m not sure if I have the gift or he does. | 我都不知道是我有才还是他有才 |
[01:13] | Oh, great. I have Larry Neff as a lab partner: the groper. | 倒霉 我的实验搭档是Larry Neff 那个咸猪手 |
[01:17] | The experiment’s going to be hard enough as it is | 这实验本来就够难的了 |
[01:19] | without my lab partner trying to honk my boobs every five minutes. | 我搭档还时不时地对我动手动脚 |
[01:22] | You think you’ve got it bad? I got stuck with Vicki Jarret. | 这算什么 我的搭档是Vicki Jarret |
[01:29] | Brad, not again! You’re hilarious! | Brad 别闹了 你真逗 |
[01:35] | Okay, so she’s totally hot. | 好吧 她是很正 |
[01:37] | But I’m going to end up doing all the work by myself, | 但所有的工作都得我一个人做了 |
[01:39] | which would be fine, but then she’ll ask me to explain it. | 这倒没什么 可她肯定得让我教她 |
[01:41] | And then she’ll just have to | 然后就会把她弄哭 |
[01:42] | cry because the little bulb on top of her spine | 因为她脊椎上面的那个小灯泡 |
[01:44] | that she calls a brain will start to hurt, | 也就是被她叫做大脑的东西会开始费力了 |
[01:46] | and then I’ll end up looking like a jerk. | 结果最后我还像个混蛋似的 |
[01:47] | Oh, come on, Malcolm. Give her a chance. | 拜托 Malcolm 给她个机会 |
[01:50] | Hey, maybe you two can come up with a new formula for lip gloss. | 说不定你俩能发明唇彩的新配方呢 |
[01:56] | Okay, you got your partners. | 好了 现在分好组了 |
[01:58] | Let’s get started. | 开始吧 |
[02:01] | Hi. | 嗨 |
[02:02] | Hi. | 嗨 |
[02:03] | I have a confession to make. | 我得坦白 |
[02:05] | I requested you as a lab partner. | 是我跟老师要求和你做搭档的 |
[02:07] | Yeah, that doesn’t surprise me. | 我猜也是 |
[02:09] | Look, I’ll walk you through the experiment, | 我会带你做实验 |
[02:10] | I’ll do your homework, | 我会给你做作业 |
[02:11] | but I will not cheat on a test for you, okay? | 但考试的时候我不会帮你作弊 明白了吗 |
[02:13] | Fair enough. | 没问题 |
[02:14] | Okay. | 好了 |
[02:15] | I’ll dry the substrate and remove the ether on the evaporators. | 我来给酶作用物脱水 然后去除蒸馏器上的乙醚 |
[02:18] | You, uh, want to wash the beakers? That’s science, too. | 你来清洗烧杯吧 这也是科学 |
[02:23] | Come on, Malcolm, I am a part of the team. | 拜托 Malcolm 我也是组里的一员 |
[02:26] | Vicki, believe me. | Vicki 相信我 |
[02:27] | I would let you help if I had any | 如果我知道你明白我们要干嘛 |
[02:28] | confidence that you knew what we were trying to do here. | 我肯定会让你帮忙的 |
[02:30] | But all you do is sit in class | 但你只会在教室里坐着 |
[02:32] | and you giggle and whisper to your friends… | 跟你的朋友嬉笑聊天 |
[02:33] | Hand me the morpholino-cyclohexene, | 把1-吗啉基-1-环己烯给我 |
[02:35] | and you mix in the drydioxane with the methylvinylketone. | 你来混合干二氧六环和甲基乙烯基酮 |
[02:38] | – Oh my god, you are smart – Nobody needs to know that. | – 天呐 你很聪明 – 这事只能天知地知 |
[02:45] | I don’t get it. Why do you need me to be your partner? | 我不明白 那你为什么还要我做你的搭档 |
[02:49] | Maybe I think you’re cute. | 也许因为我觉得你很可爱 |
[02:51] | Anyway, it’d be nice to talk to someone about | 总之 能跟人聊聊 |
[02:53] | something deeper than the latest ringtone they downloaded. | 比”新下载的手机铃声”更深一点的话题还是很好的 |
[02:55] | Most of my friends think… | 我的朋友们都觉得 |
[02:57] | I know she’s still talking, | 我知道她还在说话 |
[02:59] | but I didn’t hear anything after “I think you’re cute.” | 但听到”我觉得你很可爱” 我脑子就一片空白了 |
[03:07] | – Oh, for God’s sake! – What is it? | – 老天爷 – 怎么了 |
[03:09] | A notice for Reese to sign up for Careers Day | 这有一封信要Reese去报名参加择业辅导日 |
[03:12] | which was last Wednesday. He completely blew it off. | 那都是上周三的事了 他根本没去 |
[03:15] | What are we going to do with him,Hal? | 我们拿他怎么办才好 Hal |
[03:16] | He shows absolutely no interest in his future. | 他压根就不关心他的未来 |
[03:19] | Sorry, honey, I thought you had given up on him, too. | 抱歉 宝贝 我以为你和我一样 早就放弃他了 |
[03:22] | He doesn’t go to school, he doesn’t work. | 他不去上学 也不工作 |
[03:24] | He’s 18 years old, and he’s still Reese. | 他都18岁了 还像个小孩儿一样 |
[03:26] | That is not acceptable. | 这样下去怎么行 |
[03:28] | What are you going to do? | 你又能做什么呢 |
[03:31] | Dad, I did it. | 爸 我成功了 |
[03:32] | I went to the Putt-Putt Palace and I beat your best golf score. | 我去了迷你高尔夫球场 打破了你的记录 |
[03:35] | Good for you, Dewey. Hey, let’s have a look. | 太好了 Dewey 来 快让我看看 |
[03:39] | Four in The Witch’s Den. Got caught in the swamp, huh? | 在女巫洞只得了四分 把球打到湿地里了吧 |
[03:42] | That’s why I always take a pitching wedge. | 所以我每次都用劈起杆 |
[03:44] | Yeah, but then I birdied Three Little Pigs and Pirate’s Cove. | 是吗 可在三只小猪和海盗湾 我都打出了小鸟球 |
[03:47] | Fantastic. | 好极了 |
[03:48] | Of course, there was an unusually high pollen | 其实 我打得最好的那次 |
[03:50] | count when I got my top score, so who knows what it could have been? | 要不是空气中花粉浓度过高 我分数还能更高呢 |
[03:53] | But that doesn’t take anything away from this. | 你今天已经做的很好了 |
[03:56] | It is quite an achievement, son. | 这可是大成就 儿子 |
[03:59] | Hey, a hole-in-one on the 18th? | 第十八个洞的时候一杆入洞 |
[04:03] | You got a free game! | 你可以免费再打一场球 |
[04:05] | Actually, the ball got stuck in the hole in the clown’s mouth. | 其实 球卡在小丑嘴里那个洞了 |
[04:07] | – So the guy said I didn’t qualify. – What? | – 所以他们说不算 – 什么 |
[04:10] | Everyone knows you ace the 18th hole, | 地球人都知道如果你第十八洞一杆进洞 |
[04:12] | you win a free game! It’s a sacred pact! | 你就可以免费再打一场 这是神圣公约 |
[04:15] | You throw that out, next thing you know | 你要是就这么让它过去了 下一次 |
[04:17] | you’re going to have a man marrying a horse down at City Hall. | 市政府就该允许人兽跨种族结婚了 |
[04:21] | – Which guy was he? – I don’t know. | – 哪个人说的 – 我也记不清了 |
[04:23] | – Really tall, kind of heavy. – Oh, I know him. | – 又高又壮的 – 我知道了 |
[04:27] | I was two tickets short of a giant comb and he wouldn’t budge. | 上次我就只差两张票就能换个奖 他死活不肯通融 |
[04:30] | Ended up with a troll keychain that went bald inside a week. | 结果就给了我个怪娃娃钥匙链 一星期就秃了 |
[04:34] | So what’d you do about it? | 那你怎么跟他们交涉的 |
[04:36] | It’s no big deal, Dad. | 没什么 老爸 |
[04:38] | You let people take advantage of you. | 你就让别人这么欺负你吗 |
[04:41] | But I got my best score ever. | 但我今天打出了最好的成绩 |
[04:43] | Son, I look at this card and all I see is shame. | 儿子 这张卡在我看来 写满了耻辱二字 |
[04:59] | Here we go, honey. | 给你 亲爱的 |
[05:01] | Now, I know it’s against doctor’s orders, | 我知道这是不遵医嘱 |
[05:04] | but I did get us a little something sweet. | 但我还是忍不住弄了点甜食 |
[05:08] | Okay, Hal, but you be careful with your new bridgework. | 好吧 Hal 但你可小心点 才做的假牙齿桥 |
[05:13] | Oh, would you look at that? | 快看看 |
[05:16] | Little Robby was such a cute baby. | 小Robby多可爱啊 |
[05:18] | Oh, that reminds me. Malcolm called while you were out. | 对了 今天你不在家时 Malcolm来电话了 |
[05:21] | It seems Robby has burned down the neighbor’s pool house. | Robby好像把邻居的泳池小屋点着了 |
[05:24] | Malcolm says he’s at his wit’s end with that boy. | Malcolm说对这熊孩子 他一点办法没有 |
[05:36] | Are you ready for this? | 你们准备好了吗 |
[05:37] | I got an “F” On my math final. | 我数学考试又没及格 |
[05:39] | Oh, no, Reese, I thought you said you studied. | Reese 你不是说你好好复习了吗 |
[05:42] | Why do I even waste my time?! | 我干嘛白费时间 |
[05:43] | You know Mr. Escobar totally has it | 你知道Escobar老师就是针对我 |
[05:45] | out for me ’cause I used to call his dad “Braceface.” | 因为我以前管他爸叫牙套脸 |
[05:47] | But you are going to pass this time, right, son? | 但你这次会及格的 对吧 儿子 |
[05:49] | Do I look like a genie?! | 你以为我是神仙吗 |
[05:51] | I can’t predict the future! | 我又不能预测未来 |
[05:53] | So why don’t you just do | 你就不能放我一马 |
[05:53] | me a favor and get off my back, okay, old man! | 别问了行吗 老东西 |
[05:57] | You can’t treat your father like that! | 你怎么能这么对你爸呢 |
[05:59] | Shove a cork in it, you crazy old hag! | 闭嘴 你这个疯老太婆 |
[06:02] | – My heart pills. – You’ll get these when I get a sandwich. | – 我的救心丸 – 给我做个三明治去 要不别想拿回去 |
[06:05] | Off your wrinkled butt! Go, go, go! | 挪挪你那皱巴巴的屁股 快去 去 去 |
[06:12] | Reese, you may think you’re | Reese 你别想诓我 |
[06:13] | pulling some kind of scam, but I’m on to you! | 我可盯上你了 |
[06:15] | You are getting a job starting tomorrow! | 你明天就去找工作 |
[06:18] | And keep your dirty mitts off your father’s toupee! | 还有 你的脏手别碰你爸的假发 |
[06:25] | I had the weirdest dream last night. | 我昨晚做了个奇怪的梦 |
[06:27] | This crazy witch with snakes for hair was screaming at me. | 有个头发上都是蛇的疯女巫冲我直嚷嚷 |
[06:30] | It was like she was going to kill me, but for | 好像要吃了我似的 但是 |
[06:31] | some reason it was really important to her that I get a job. | 不知道为什么 她非惦记着让我找份工作 |
[06:34] | Did she have bugged out crazy eyes? | 她是不是眼睛又鼓又大 |
[06:35] | Yeah! | 是 |
[06:36] | She shows up in a lot of my dreams. | 我也梦见过她好多次 |
[06:38] | Good morning, Reese. | 早上好啊 Reese |
[06:40] | You going to get a job today? | 你今天要去找工作了吗 |
[06:41] | Okay, this is a little freaky. | 好吧 我有点被吓到了 |
[06:43] | I don’t see you looking in the want ads. | 你怎么没看看报纸的招聘版 |
[06:45] | You know, I had a job, Mom, and looking back on the whole experience, | 老妈 我有过工作 回想起来 |
[06:48] | I’ve come to the conclusion that it’s just not for me. | 我发现工作不适合我 |
[06:51] | – I’m done with the job thing. – I’m sorry, Reese… | – 我不会再工作了 – 抱歉 Reese |
[06:53] | But not working isn’t one of your options. | 你必须得工作 |
[06:55] | Okay, I think I know what’s going on here. | 我知道是怎么回事了 |
[06:57] | Now, look, I want you to | 老妈 我先声明 |
[06:58] | know that I’m not criticizing you and Dad. | 我可不是批判你和老爸 |
[07:00] | You obviously don’t mind wasting your lives doing meaningless, | 你们不介意浪费生命干些没意义 |
[07:02] | repetitive tasks for unappreciative bosses. | 重复乏味的工作 为白眼狼老板打工 |
[07:04] | I respect that, | 我很敬佩这一点 |
[07:06] | Do you mind telling me what you intend to do? | 那你能不能告诉我你想干什么呢 |
[07:09] | – I’d like to finish my cereal. – All right, Reese, that’s it! | – 我想吃完我的早餐麦片 – 行了 Reese 我受够了 |
[07:12] | I am tired of fighting you on this. | 来来回回的 你不烦我都烦了 |
[07:14] | Until you get a job, this free ride is over. | 你要是再不找份工作 就别想白吃白喝 |
[07:19] | Is anyone else getting a little tired of her? | 大家有没有觉得她有点烦 |
[07:55] | I’m sorry, Spiderman. | 抱歉 蜘蛛侠 |
[08:00] | Hey, where were you? You missed it. | 你去哪了 你都没看到 |
[08:02] | Randy Gerber shoved an entire Tater Tot up a ninth grader’s nose. | Randy Gerber把一整份炸土豆塞进了一个初三小孩的鼻子里 |
[08:06] | Oh, I forgot to tell you. | 我忘了跟你说了 |
[08:07] | Vicki and I are going to walk over and get lunch at the mall. | 我要跟Vicki去到商场吃午饭 |
[08:10] | Malcolm, what are you doing? | Malcolm 你这是干嘛 |
[08:11] | We both agreed she’s cheerleader scum. | 我们不是都觉得她是个啦啦队败类吗 |
[08:13] | But that’s before she | 可她跟我在体育馆后面 |
[08:14] | made out with me for an hour behind the gym. | 亲热了一小时 我对她改观了 |
[08:16] | Shut up! | 你不是吧 |
[08:18] | I know. I can’t believe it either. And you know what else? | 我知道 我自己也不敢相信 还有呢 |
[08:20] | She’s sweet and kind and smart. Really smart. | 她甜美 可爱 还很聪明 她真的很聪明 |
[08:24] | So the nasty, self-absorbed shallow thing is just an act? | 所以说她平时讨厌 自恋 肤浅 都是装出来的 |
[08:28] | Wow, she’s good. | 哇 她装得够像的 |
[08:29] | Somebody’s a little late. | 有人迟到啦 |
[08:31] | Sorry. My friends are | 抱歉 我朋友们 |
[08:32] | having a raging debate on glitter versus gloss. | 在激烈地争论唇膏和唇彩哪个好 |
[08:34] | I couldn’t just duck out of it. | 我脱不了身 |
[08:36] | Didn’t Fermat’s last theorem settle that? | 费马大定理不是解决了这个问题吗 |
[08:38] | He wishes. | 他倒想 |
[08:41] | – Hey, guys. – Hey, | – 你们好啊 – 嘿 |
[08:43] | What’s with the geek? | 你跟这个书呆子在一起干嘛 |
[08:44] | I thought chem lab wasn’t till fifth period. | 第五节课才是化学实验课啊 |
[08:47] | Actually, Vicki and I are going to the mall to get lunch. | 事实上 我和Vicki要去商场吃饭 |
[08:51] | You are so funny. | 你可真会开玩笑 |
[09:01] | Come on, son, keep up. | 来吧 儿子 勇敢点 |
[09:02] | And remember, just because a person is in a position of power, | 记住 一个人有点权力 |
[09:05] | doesn’t mean you can let them intimidate you. | 不代表他就能因此恐吓你 |
[09:07] | Can’t we just stick a potato | 我们就像你报复你老板那样 |
[09:09] | in his exhaust pipe like we did with your boss? | 往他的排气管里塞一个土豆就好了嘛 |
[09:11] | There he is. Excuse me. | 他在那 你好 |
[09:12] | – May I help you? – You better talk to this guy. | – 什么事 – 是他找你 |
[09:16] | He’s pretty steamed. | 他可生气了 |
[09:19] | I got a hole-in-one on | 我在十八洞的时候 |
[09:21] | the 18th hole and I didn’t get a free game. | 一杆入洞 但是你没让我免费再玩一次 |
[09:23] | I remember you. Ball got stuck. | 我记得你 球卡住了 |
[09:26] | I thought we went over this. | 我记得咱们都说清楚了 |
[09:27] | We did. | 是的 |
[09:28] | But for some reason, I | 但是因为一些原因 |
[09:29] | just wanted to come over here and make sure. | 我就想再来确认一下 |
[09:32] | Whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa! My son is not done with you yet. | 哇 哇 哇 我儿子还没跟你算完帐呢 |
[09:35] | Go on, tell him, Dewey, | 告诉他 Dewey |
[09:37] | I have friends. | 我有朋友 |
[09:39] | Excuse me? | 什么 |
[09:40] | I have friends. | 我有朋友 |
[09:42] | Friends who don’t mind driving an extra 30 miles to | 他的朋友们可不介意去30公里以外的 |
[09:45] | the next miniature golf course, even if it does have a crow problem. | 另一家迷你高尔夫球场打球 虽然那有乌鸦 |
[09:48] | – Are you threatening me? – Boy. Sure sounds like he is to me. | – 你在威胁我吗 – 反正我听起来像威胁 |
[09:51] | Listen, kid, your ball didn’t ring the bell. | 孩子 你的球没打响钟 |
[09:54] | Ball doesn’t ring a bell, no free game. | 没打响钟就不能再玩一次 |
[09:56] | And yet the boy feels like he got a hole-in-one. | 可是这孩子觉得他确实一杆进洞了 |
[09:59] | Listen, if you want to think | 如果你觉得你一杆进洞了 |
[10:01] | you got a hole-in-one, I’ll give you a scorecard. | 我可以给你一张记分卡 |
[10:03] | You can give yourself 18 holes-in-one. | 你可以给自己记上18个一杆进洞 |
[10:06] | Excuse me. | 失陪了 |
[10:10] | Dewey, no! | Dewey 不 |
[10:11] | Don’t worry, I got him, but I am not always going to be here! | 放心 我抓住他了 但我不可能一直在他身边 |
[10:15] | Come on. Calm down. | 拜托 冷静 |
[10:20] | Malcolm, what happened? I thought | Malcolm 怎么回事 我们不是 |
[10:21] | we were meeting at the bookstore last night. | 约好了昨晚在书店见面吗 |
[10:23] | You actually expect me to | 你昨天那么涮我 |
[10:24] | show up after the way you blew me off yesterday? | 你以为我还会腆着脸找你吗 |
[10:26] | Please don’t be that way. | 别这样嘛 |
[10:27] | What happened yesterday means nothing. | 昨天的事情根本不值一提 |
[10:29] | What really matters is how special you are to me. | 重要的是你要知道你在我心中有多特别 |
[10:32] | Special? | 特别 |
[10:33] | Yes. I really want to be with you, Malcolm. | 是呀 我是真的想跟你在一起 Malcolm |
[10:35] | I just can’t be seen with you in public. | 我只是不能跟你一起在公共场合出现 |
[10:38] | What? Are you serious? | 什么 你是认真的吗 |
[10:39] | You have to appreciate my situation. | 你得明白我的处境 |
[10:42] | I’m incredibly popular. I’ve been homecoming queen twice. | 我人气这么旺 两次当选返校皇后 |
[10:46] | And there’s a certain image | 我在人前得维持 |
[10:47] | of me that people here are really invested in. | 他们期望的那个形象 |
[10:50] | How do you think this makes me feel? | 你知道你这样做我心里有什么感受吗 |
[10:52] | Look, nerdball, I have no idea where | 听着 书呆子 我不知道 |
[10:54] | the Math Club meets. Did you lose your laminated map? | 数学社团在哪开会 你是不是把地图丢了 |
[10:58] | All that matters is that you know how crazy I am about you. | 只要你知道我有多喜欢你就好 |
[11:01] | I think it’s really romantic. | 我觉得这浪漫极了 |
[11:04] | It’s like Romeo and Juliet. | 咱们就像罗密欧和朱丽叶 |
[11:05] | Our love has to be hidden. | 只能偷偷地爱 |
[11:07] | – I’m not hiding it. – I wish you would. | – 我可没藏着掖着 – 但我希望你那样 |
[11:10] | So what you’re saying is you can’t be | 那就是说在食堂 广场 舞会上 |
[11:12] | seen with me in the cafeteria or the quad or at dances. | 我俩都不能在一起 |
[11:15] | Or at games. | 还有比赛的时候 |
[11:16] | I can only see you someplace where, | 我只能在什么小角落 |
[11:17] | God forbid, we won’t run into any of your friends? | 不会碰见你朋友的地方和你约会 |
[11:19] | Right! | 太对了 |
[11:24] | Okay, | 好吧 |
[11:38] | That breakfast looks pretty good. | 早餐看上去不错 |
[11:40] | Yeah, it is. | 吃起来也不错 |
[11:41] | You want to do me a favor and go stink it up someplace else? | 帮个忙 去别的地方发臭吧 |
[11:44] | How do you think I feel? I have to smell me all the time. | 你以为我好受吗 我无时无刻都得闻自己身上的臭味 |
[11:47] | Look, I’ve been having a tough week. | 我这周过的可惨了 |
[11:49] | Is there any chance you could lend me a couple bucks? | 你能不能借我点钱 |
[11:52] | Oh, sorry. I don’t have my wallet on me. | 抱歉 我没带钱包 |
[11:54] | I’ll catch you next time. | 下次吧 |
[11:55] | God bless you. | 好人一生平安 |
[11:56] | You know, Dewey, what Reese is doing is pointless and idiotic, | Dewey Reese现在的行为既没用又愚蠢 |
[11:59] | but I think you can really learn something from him. | 但我觉得你还是可以从他身上学到点东西 |
[12:02] | This is what it looks like when someone stands up for themselves. | 他现在正在捍卫自己的权益 |
[12:05] | I didn’t get the free game, Dad. | 我没能免费再玩一次 老爸 |
[12:07] | I accept that we don’t always get what we want. | 我们有时候会得不到想要的 要接受事实 |
[12:10] | Being part of this family has really prepared me for that. | 生在咱家 可给了我不少这方面的经验 |
[12:13] | Listen, do me a favor, will ya? | 来帮个忙 |
[12:14] | Talk to your brother. | 给你弟弟通通脑子 |
[12:16] | I’ll see what I can do. | 我一定尽力 |
[12:18] | Do you think you could help a guy a little down on his luck? | 现在有个倒霉的人 你会不会帮他 |
[12:21] | Here. | 给 |
[12:22] | Don’t tell your mother. | 别告诉你妈 |
[12:27] | Oh, my God, it’s you. Reese, you smell like an open sewer. | 我的妈 Reese 你身上一股下水道的味儿 |
[12:32] | And whose fault is that? | 那能怪谁 |
[12:33] | Yours. All you have to do to stop this nonsense is get a job. | 怪你啊 只要你找份工作就天下太平了 |
[12:36] | Excuse me, but I think I’ve | 不好意思 但我觉得 |
[12:38] | made it pretty clear where I stand on that issue. | 在这件事上我已经说的够清楚了 |
[12:39] | Well, you can’t stay here like this, | 那你不能一身臭味待在家里 |
[12:41] | Is that an apology? | 你要道歉吗 |
[12:42] | No, it’s an invitation to live in the backyard. | 不 我想让你到后院住去 |
[12:45] | Listen to yourself! You don’t even sound the least bit guilty. | 你听听自己说的话 你怎么一点都不愧疚呢 |
[12:47] | I’ve given you enough chances. | 我可给了你那么多机会 |
[12:49] | Out! | 出去 |
[12:51] | Okay, but if the cats start | 好吧 但要是街上的猫 |
[12:52] | disappearing from the neighborhood, don’t blame me! | 一只一只没了 可别怪我 |
[12:56] | Things are going better than ever with Vicki. | 我跟Vicki进展神速 |
[12:58] | We went on a picnic, to the movies, | 我们一起去野餐 一起去看电影 |
[13:00] | and she even lets me ride in her car… | 她甚至让我搭她的车 |
[13:02] | as long as I keep my head down. | 前提是我得低着头不被别人发现 |
[13:05] | Oh, by the way, I was able to get out | 对了 我今天可以不去开 |
[13:07] | of that student council meeting, so I’m free after school. | 学生会例会 我放学就有空了 |
[13:09] | Hey, great. I was thinking that… | 太好了 我觉得 |
[13:11] | the hydroxide ions necessary for the neutralization | 中和反应中的氢氧离子 |
[13:14] | must be supplied by a weak base such as ammonium hydroxide. | 必须由弱碱提供 比如氢氧化铵 |
[13:18] | What is with you, freak? Every time I turn | 怪胎你怎么回事 每次我过来 |
[13:20] | around you’re hounding Vicki about that stupid experiment. | 你都缠着Vicki说些无聊的实验 |
[13:23] | Is he bothering you? | 你是不是觉得他很烦 |
[13:25] | Yeah, kind of. | 有点吧 |
[13:27] | Leave Vicki alone. | 别来烦Vicki |
[13:29] | Okay, butt-wipe? | 滚远点 擦屁股的 |
[13:35] | call me | 给我打电话 |
[13:40] | You know, I was kind of skeptical at first, | 我一开始还有点怀疑 |
[13:42] | but now I see what you two have is really beautiful. | 但我现在了解了 你俩是真爱 |
[13:50] | Oh, no, you don’t! | 你怎么敢 |
[13:55] | Reese Reese! | |
[13:56] | Okay, what now? | 又怎么了 |
[13:57] | What on earth do you think you’re doing? | 你到底在干什么 |
[13:59] | We’re testing out our new heating system, | 我在测试我们的新取暖系统 |
[14:01] | I think it’s going to be a very comfortable winter. | 我觉得今年冬天不用愁了 |
[14:03] | Hi. Lioyd Johnson. I’m an associate of your son’s. | 你好 我是Lioyd Johnson 你儿子的同事 |
[14:07] | Get out of here before I turn the hose on you. | 赶紧走 不然我拿水龙头喷你 |
[14:09] | You can’t treat Lioyd like | 你怎么能这么对Lioyd |
[14:11] | that after what the CIA did to his brain waves. | 他的脑波被中情局摧残得够惨的了 |
[14:12] | Reese, I want you to get this eyesore out of here right now. | Reese 我要你马上把这个碍眼的东西扔掉 |
[14:15] | Eyesore? That is a sub-zero box. It’s a | 碍眼的东西 这是个浴缸大小的包装盒 |
[14:18] | hell of a lot nicer than anything we’ve ever thrown out. | 可比我们扔过的垃圾高级多了 |
[14:20] | All right, you won’t get rid of it, I will. | 好吧 你不扔 我扔 |
[14:28] | I could’ve told you those boxes are reinforced. | 我本来要告诉你这些箱子可结实了 |
[14:30] | With some curtains and a couple of plants, | 装上帘子 放点植物 |
[14:32] | it was going to look very nice. | 就是个很舒适的小窝 |
[14:33] | Oh, just shut up and help me get in the house! | 闭嘴 快扶我进屋 |
[14:39] | Vicki Look, Vicki… | |
[14:41] | I know, I know, but… | 我知道 只是 |
[14:42] | It’s a school dance, so my being there shouldn’t be an issue. | 这是学校舞会 所以我过去不会引起怀疑的 |
[14:45] | No, no, I know. | 不 我知道 |
[14:47] | Of course it’ll fool everybody. | 这肯定能把大家都骗过去 |
[14:49] | But I just think it’s kind of weird that you got me a date. | 只是你给我找女伴这事 感觉有些怪 |
[14:52] | I don’t even like Cindy that much and, | 我都不怎么喜欢Cindy |
[14:54] | you know, I want to be with… | 而且 我想跟 |
[14:56] | What’d you do that for? | 你干嘛 |
[14:57] | Consider this an intervention, Malcolm. | 就当这是调解会吧 Malcolm |
[14:59] | I’m declaring you incompetent to run your own love life. | 我宣布你根本没能力管好自己的爱情 |
[15:01] | What are you talking about? | 你说什么 |
[15:02] | Vicki and I have this incredible relationship. | 我和Vicki之间美妙得无以伦比 |
[15:04] | There are worlds inside that I have yet to discover. | 我在慢慢探索我们之间的新世界 |
[15:07] | And I know she feels the same way about me. | 我知道她也有这种感觉 |
[15:09] | Really? Is that why she threw a soda can at you? | 是吗 所以她今天才拿汽水瓶扔你吗 |
[15:11] | That was my fault. I wasn’t supposed to be in the quad. | 那是我的错 我那时不应该出现在广场上的 |
[15:13] | Malcolm, you deserve better. | Malcolm 你应该找个更好的 |
[15:16] | I mean, there are lots of girls | 有很多女孩都巴不得 |
[15:17] | who’d be proud to actually be seen with you in public. | 能和你一起出现在公共场合呢 |
[15:19] | Oh, really? Like Who? | 是么 谁这么想 |
[15:22] | Like me, | 我呀 |
[15:25] | What? | 什么 |
[15:26] | But… | 但 |
[15:28] | But all we do is fight all the time. | 但我们在一块只会吵架 |
[15:32] | Figure it out, genius. | 自己想想吧 天才 |
[15:41] | Here’s some ice for your back, Mom. | 妈 我给你拿了点冰敷背 |
[15:44] | There. | 来 |
[15:45] | I also made you some soup | 我还给你做了汤 |
[15:47] | ’cause I figured you might get hungry later. | 我觉得你一会儿可能会饿 |
[15:50] | You know, really hungry. | 你懂的 饿疯了 |
[15:52] | No, I’m okay now, Reese. | 我挺好的 Reese |
[15:55] | Well, I’m going to go back | 那我回后院去了 |
[15:56] | outside and bang out the dents in my bedroom. | 得把我卧室的凹痕打平 |
[15:58] | Reese Reese? | |
[16:00] | You should move your box closer to the garage. | 你应该把你的箱子往车库那边挪挪 |
[16:02] | You’ll be out of the wind that way. | 这样能帮你挡风 |
[16:04] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[16:06] | Wait a minute. | 等等 |
[16:08] | I really appreciate you helping me out. | 谢谢你今天这么照顾我 |
[16:10] | If there’s anything you need… | 要是你需要点什么 |
[16:11] | I’m fine. | 我很好 |
[16:12] | I found a mattress in the alley and Lloyd’s | 我在巷子里发现了一个床垫 |
[16:13] | going to let me hang with him tomorrow at his freeway off-ramp. | Lloyd邀请我明天去他那 他住在高速路的关闭匝道上 |
[16:16] | Well, I was going to say if you wanted my soup you could have… | 我是想说 你要是想喝汤 就拿去吧 |
[16:19] | As long as you’re not going to eat it, | 你不喝啊 |
[16:20] | ’cause I can take it or leave it. | 我喝不喝都无所谓的 |
[16:28] | Malcolm, where have you been? | Malcolm 你去哪了 |
[16:30] | Cindy has just been sitting there bored out of her mind. | Cindy一个人坐着 都要无聊死了 |
[16:32] | Yeah. | 是吧 |
[16:33] | I’m not going to the dance. | 我不去舞会了 |
[16:35] | I’m just here to tell you I | 我来就是想告诉你 |
[16:36] | don’t think we should see each other anymore. | 我们还是分开吧 |
[16:37] | I thought things were going really great between us. | 我以为咱俩进展挺顺利的呢 |
[16:39] | Would you mind moving over behind that plant? | 咱们躲到树后说行吗 |
[16:41] | No, I’m not hiding anymore, Vicki. | 我再也不躲了 Vicki |
[16:43] | You may not realize it, but there are | 也许你没有意识到 但是 |
[16:45] | girls who would be thrilled to be seen with me in public. | 有女孩儿愿意在公共场合跟我在一起 |
[16:47] | Malcolm, please… | Malcolm 求你了 |
[16:49] | I think that… | 我觉得 |
[16:49] | Hey, Vicki, that Huzbat kid is dancing again. It’s hilarious. | Vicki 那个Huzbat家的小子又跳舞了 逗死人了 |
[16:55] | What’s going on? | 怎么了 |
[16:58] | I’ll be with you in a moment. | 我一会进去找你 |
[17:02] | Malcolm, I know this has been really difficult for you. | Malcolm 我知道这样委屈你了 |
[17:04] | It’s just a lab experiment, okay? | 这只是个实验好吗 |
[17:06] | Just give it a little more time. | 再给我一点时间 |
[17:09] | Things will get better. | 以后会好起来的 |
[17:10] | I don’t care if the cobalt | 我才不管钴晶体 |
[17:11] | crystals aren’t dissolving, it’s Friday night. | 有没有溶解呢 现在可是周五晚上 |
[17:14] | Just give me another chance. | 再给我一次机会吧 |
[17:17] | Forget it, Vicki. It’s over. | 算了吧 Vicki 咱俩结束了 |
[17:20] | Whatever! | 随便 |
[17:30] | Can’t I just go back to bed? | 我能不能回去睡觉 |
[17:32] | I’d say yes if I thought you could live with yourself, son. | 如果我觉得你能心安理得 我会让你回去的 |
[17:35] | No. | 所以不行 |
[17:36] | We are going to get you your free game. | 我们要免费玩一次 |
[17:39] | This is the moment of truth and we | 这是关键时刻 |
[17:41] | can stand tall knowing we have the moral high ground. | 我们要挺起身板来 因为我们占据了道德高地 |
[17:44] | Now lift the fence so I can crawl under. | 把篱笆抬起来 我好钻进去 |
[17:47] | That’s it, now line it up. | 好了 现在排成行 |
[17:49] | And easy with the backswing. | 往后挥杆的时候稳一点 |
[17:51] | Dad, this is ridiculous. | 老爸 这太扯了 |
[17:52] | I can’t see a thing. | 我什么都看不见啊 |
[17:53] | All right, Dewey, I am tired of your attitude. | 够了 Dewey 我真是受够了你这态度 |
[17:57] | Now you are owed a fun time. | 现在这开心时刻是他们欠你的 |
[17:59] | And if you’re not having fun, then we’re | 要是你一点都不开心 我俩岂不就是 |
[18:01] | just a couple of idiots playing miniature golf at midnight! | 大半夜跑来打迷你高尔夫的傻蛋吗 |
[18:04] | Okay, you want to have fun? | 你想让我开心 |
[18:06] | Let’s have fun. | 那我就找点乐子 |
[18:10] | Great. | 这下好了 |
[18:10] | The ball is stuck in there now. | 球卡住了 |
[18:12] | Good. | 那就好 |
[18:12] | No, no, no, no. We are not quitting that easily. | 不 不 我们不能就这么轻易放弃 |
[18:15] | Look, son, I know you’re angry but if you’re | 听着 儿子 我知道你生气了 |
[18:17] | really honest with yourself, you’ll realize you’re not mad at me. | 但你要是仔细想想 你并不是生我的气 |
[18:20] | It sure feels like I am. | 我就是在生你的气 |
[18:22] | No, you are mad at the jerk that runs this place. | 不 你是生这里混蛋老板的气 |
[18:25] | Bet he’s at home right now sitting in his barcalounger with | 但他现在舒舒服服坐在家里的躺椅上 |
[18:28] | a big bowl of popcorn on his lap, chuckling at us… | 抱着一大碗爆米花嘲笑我们 |
[18:35] | Hey. What was that? | 那是什么 |
[18:37] | Dewey Hey, Dewey… | |
[18:37] | The door’s locked. What’s going on? | 门怎么锁住了 怎么回事 |
[18:39] | I told you I was happy without my free game, | 我都说了 没赢免费游戏 我也不介意 |
[18:41] | but you wouldn’t listen. | 可你就是不肯听 |
[18:43] | Dewey Dewey! | |
[18:43] | I’m your father. Let me out! | 我是你爸爸 快让我出去 |
[18:45] | Just because someone’s in a position of power, | 一个人有点权力 |
[18:47] | you can’t let them intimidate you, right? | 不代表他们就能因此恐吓你 对吧 |
[18:49] | Don’t you walk away… | 你敢走 |
[18:51] | Dewey Dewey! | |
[18:52] | Hey! | 对了 |
[18:53] | You’re standing up to me. Good boy! | 你这不正在反抗我吗 好孩子 |
[18:56] | Wait! | 等等 |
[18:56] | That’s all I wanted. | 这样我就满意了 |
[18:58] | Hey, what’s this? Raccoons. | 这是什么 浣熊 |
[19:02] | Dewey! Don’t you even care | Dewey 你亲爹都要被 |
[19:04] | that your father is being eaten by raccoons?! | 浣熊吃了 你都不在乎吗 |
[19:06] | Help! | 救命 |
[19:08] | I did it! | 我做到了 |
[19:10] | I told Vicki it was over. | 我告诉Vicki一切都结束了 |
[19:11] | And it felt so good. | 感觉真好 |
[19:13] | Wow, that’s great, Malcolm. | 太棒了 Malcolm |
[19:16] | To be honest, I didn’t think you had the strength to do it. | 说实话 我真没想到你有这气魄 |
[19:19] | So that’s it. | 现在就这样了 |
[19:21] | Now we’re free to be together. | 我们可以在一起了 |
[19:22] | Yeah. | 是 |
[19:24] | You know, there’s just one problem. | 但有一个问题 |
[19:25] | I don’t feel that way about you, Malcolm. | 我对你并没有那种感觉 Malcolm |
[19:28] | What? | 什么 |
[19:30] | – But what about what you said? – Yeah, I lied about that. | – 但你不是说 – 我撒谎了 |
[19:32] | I just couldn’t stand to see someone make a fool of you. | 我就是见不得别人耍你 |
[19:36] | Someone besides me, that is. | 只有我能欺负你 |
[19:38] | But… | 但是 |
[19:39] | Great. | 这下好了 |
[19:41] | I just blew off Vicki, and now I’m | 我刚把Vicki甩了 |
[19:43] | left standing here looking like a complete idiot. | 结果现在我在这傻眼了 |
[19:44] | But you recognize it. | 但你看清楚事实了 |
[19:46] | See, you’re getting better already. | 你不再当局者迷了 |
[19:47] | You’re so sure of yourself, aren’t you? | 你怎么就这么自大 |
[19:50] | Well, the truth is, I didn’t need you. | 知道吗 我用不着你 |
[19:51] | I could’ve figured this out on my own. | 我自己也能转过弯来 |
[19:53] | Yeah, sometime after your secret marriage and three secret kids. | 是呀 但那时候你们应该已经举行了地下婚礼 生了三娃了 |
[19:56] | Shut up. | 闭嘴 |
[19:57] | Look, Malcolm, I’m on your side. | Malcolm 我是你这边的 |
[20:01] | I mean, do you really think I just hang out with you out of pity? | 你真觉得我跟你一起玩就是因为可怜你吗 |
[20:06] | You’re an amazing… | 你是个迷人的 |
[20:08] | complicated guy who’s… | 神秘莫测的男孩 |
[20:12] | always surprising me. | 总是能给我带来我惊喜 |
[20:14] | I mean, who knows where things could go between us. | 谁知道我们之间会发生什么 |
[20:24] | Yeah, nothing. | 好吧 没感觉 |
[20:24] | Good night, Malcolm. | 晚安 Malcolm |
[20:30] | Okay, the heating pad’s plugged in, here’s your aspirin. | 电热毯给你插上了 阿司匹林也给你拿过来了 |
[20:32] | And let me know if you need anything else. | 你如果还要什么就叫我 |
[20:35] | I’m really sorry about your back, Mom. | 我很抱歉让你伤到背了 老妈 |
[20:37] | Thank you, Reese. | 谢谢你 Reese |
[20:38] | I’m still angry with you. | 我还在生你的气 |
[20:40] | But you’ve really come through for me. | 但你今天帮了我这么多 |
[20:43] | Your blankets and new sheets are in | 你的毛毯 新床单 |
[20:44] | the trunk of my car. You can move back in if you want. | 都在我车的后备箱里 你想回来就回来吧 |
[20:47] | Thanks, Mom. | 谢啦 老妈 |
[20:49] | I’d like that. | 我很想住回来 |
[20:54] | Reese Reese! | |
[20:55] | Reese Reese! | |
[20:57] | Get in here, do you hear me?! | 快过来 你听见了吗 |
[21:00] | What’s the matter with you? | 你怎么回事 |
[21:02] | Are you deaf? | 聋了吗 |
[21:03] | It’s time for my sponge bath. | 该给我擦澡了 |
[21:05] | You think these stomach folds are going to scrape themselves out? | 我肚子上的褶子还能自己变干净吗 |
[21:13] | I’m going to get a job. | 我要去找工作 |
[21:14] | I’m going to have a life of my own away from here. | 我要远离这里 好好过自己的生活 |
[21:16] | And just in case I don’t, | 万一我还待在这 |
[21:18] | you can clean out your own damn stomach folds! | 你也别想让我给你洗你肚子上的褶子 |