时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:09] | Reese, are you trying to sneak out? | Reese 你是不是又想偷偷溜出去了 |
[00:11] | No. I’m trying to get comfortable in this crappy bed, | 没有 我只是想尽量在这破床上睡地舒服一点 |
[00:14] | if you don’t mind. | 如果你不介意的话 |
[00:15] | Fine. Then you won’t mind if I stand | 行啊 那你也不介意我 |
[00:16] | right out here in the hall until I see you go to sleep. | 站在走廊里看着你入眠吧 |
[00:28] | She can’t stay awake all night. | 她不可能整夜不睡的 |
[01:19] | Fascinating timeline, Reese. So let’s see. | 真是神奇的时间线啊 Reese 我们来看看 |
[01:21] | It was the moon landing, the War of 1812, | 先是登月成功 再是1812年的英美战争 |
[01:25] | then the Lincoln/Kennedy shoot-out. | 最后是林肯还是肯尼迪的刺杀事件 |
[01:30] | It’s embarrassing enough having Reese in my class this year. | Reese今年在我班上已经够尴尬了 |
[01:32] | What’s worse is herkabe’s made him his personal whipping boy. | 更糟的是 Herkabe还把他当人型出气筒 |
[01:35] | Reese, I’m just looking through my notes here, | Reese 我正在浏览课堂记录 |
[01:37] | and it appears that | 然后发现 |
[01:38] | that was your 20th wrong answer in a row. | 你已经连错20题了 |
[01:40] | And you know what that means, don’t you? | 你知道这意味着什么吧 |
[01:42] | Monkey dance! | 猴子舞 |
[01:43] | Monkey dance! Monkey dance! | 猴子舞 猴子舞 |
[01:46] | Monkey dance? | 猴子舞 |
[01:46] | Your first right answer. | 恭喜你第一次答对 |
[01:48] | Well, let’s not leave your audience waiting. | 好了 别让观众们久等了 |
[01:55] | Wait, Reese. | 等等 Reese |
[01:56] | Stop. | 停 |
[01:57] | This isn’t right. | 这样不对 |
[02:01] | Okay, continue. | 好了 继续吧 |
[02:10] | Lois, hello, it’s me, Claire. | Lois 嗨 是我 Claire |
[02:12] | Hey, come on in. | 嗨 请进吧 |
[02:14] | Hi, sweetie. | 亲爱的 |
[02:16] | Claire, you are a godsend. | Claire 你真是帮了我大忙 |
[02:19] | Thank you for taking him on such short notice. | 多谢你能暂时照看他 |
[02:21] | Is this schedule gonna work for you? | 这个时间你方便吗 |
[02:22] | Oh, good Lord, Lois. | 噢 天真的Lois |
[02:23] | Any schedule works for me. | 我什么时间都方便 |
[02:25] | What have I got to do with my time? | 我还能做什么呢 |
[02:27] | Poke around a big, empty house, | 待在一个空荡荡的大房子里 |
[02:29] | waiting for one of my kids to call? | 等孩子们打电话给我吗 |
[02:30] | We both know that’s not gonna happen. | 我们都知道这是不可能的事情 |
[02:32] | Well, You know, you raise them, you put them through college, | 你把他们养大 供他们上大学 |
[02:34] | and loan them money to buy a house, | 借钱给他们买房 |
[02:36] | and suddenly, they don’t need you anymore. | 突然有一天他们就不需要你了 |
[02:38] | God forbid you should express a need to them. | 你也别指望能依靠他们 |
[02:40] | I could tell you stories… | 我有一肚子的故事呢 |
[02:42] | Bet you could. | 我相信你 |
[02:43] | – Yeah. – Well. | – 是啊 – 那么 |
[02:43] | Again, thank you. | 再次感谢你 |
[02:44] | I’m glad to do it, honestly. | 说实话 我很高兴能帮忙 |
[02:47] | Takes my mind off my shingles. | 这样可以暂时忘记自己的疱疹 |
[02:50] | Good lord, you’d never felt pain like that in all your walking days. | 老天 你完全不能想像走路时有多痛 |
[02:52] | It’s just dredful. | 简直生不如死 |
[02:54] | Did I tell you about the pain? | 我和你提过那种疼痛感吗 |
[02:55] | I think you did this morning. | 我记得你早上讲过了 |
[02:56] | It’s worse than my arthritis, | 比我的关节炎还难受 |
[02:57] | which is crippling. | 虽然关节也不咋地 |
[02:58] | It feels like someone’s stabbing | 就像有人用锋利的小刀 |
[03:00] | you all over with tiny, razor-sharp knives. | 一直刺你 |
[03:02] | Oh, pray God you never get it, Lois. | 希望你永远别受这种苦 Lois |
[03:05] | Oh, listen to me just going on and on about myself. | 噢 看我只顾着说自己 |
[03:08] | Wind me up and I can talk all day. | 我高兴起来 能讲一整天 |
[03:11] | Well, like I said, | 就像我刚刚说的 |
[03:12] | I have a million things to do. | 还有好多好多事情要做呢 |
[03:14] | You know, so do I, so do I. | 我也是 我也是 |
[03:16] | I have laundry stacked up just waiting for me. | 我还有一堆衣服在等着我呢 |
[03:19] | And I have so neglected my scrapbooking | 我还忘了我自己的剪贴簿 |
[03:21] | that it’s a scandal. Do you scrapbook, Lois? | 真是羞愧 你有剪贴簿吗 Lois |
[03:24] | They’ve got these really cute kits. | 他们还卖那种可爱的工具箱 |
[03:26] | It’s a lot of fun. | 可有意思了 |
[03:27] | My niece Terri well, she prefers Teresa, but she’s a Terri. | 我的侄女Terri 她喜欢叫自己Terasa 但其实就是Terri |
[03:30] | Anyway, she got me started on it. | 总之 她带我走上这条路的 |
[03:32] | Well, what else is she gonna do with herself? | 不过 她也没什么别的事可做 |
[03:34] | She’s barren, poor thing. | 患了不育症 真可怜 |
[03:36] | You’re still mad at me? | 你还在生我的气吗 |
[03:38] | You threw at my head, Dad. | 你故意砸我的头 爸爸 |
[03:39] | It was a brushback pitch, Dewey. | 那是头侧球 Dewey |
[03:41] | I got to protect the plate | 我是为了保住本垒 |
[03:42] | or you’re gonna be taking me downtown all day. | 否则比赛结束你肯定会一直埋怨我的 |
[03:45] | Hi. | 你好 |
[03:46] | Hi. | 你好 |
[03:48] | Did you do your vocab? | 你单词背了吗 |
[03:49] | Yeah. It wasn’t so bad. | 恩 背得还不错 |
[03:51] | Yeah, it was pretty easy. | 是啊 很简单 |
[03:52] | Yeah. | 没错 |
[03:53] | So I’ll see you in school? | 那我们学校见咯 |
[03:54] | Talk to you later. | 待会再聊 |
[04:00] | What was that about? | 哟 这是什么情况 |
[04:01] | That’s Gina. | 那是Gina |
[04:02] | She’s from my class. | 我和她同班 |
[04:03] | Do you like her? | 你喜欢她吗 |
[04:04] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[04:06] | I guess so. | 应该吧 |
[04:08] | Well, you played it cool, son. | 你刚才酷毙了 儿子 |
[04:12] | Maybe too cool. | 或许有点太酷了 |
[04:15] | Feel this shoulder, Lois. | 你摸摸这边肩膀 Lois |
[04:17] | It’s like a sack of burning jelly in there. | 感觉像一堆果冻在里面 |
[04:19] | Go ahead, give it a squeeze. | 没事 捏一下嘛 |
[04:20] | It is spongier than the thing on your back. | 比你背上那块还要软 |
[04:24] | Hal, your home. | Hal 你回来啦 |
[04:25] | Hi, honey. | 嗨 宝贝 |
[04:26] | Hi, Hal. | 你好 Hal |
[04:27] | Hello. | 你好 |
[04:27] | This is Claire, | 这是Claire |
[04:28] | Jamie’s new babysitter. | Jamie的新保姆 |
[04:29] | I just moved into the Franklin’s old house. | 我刚搬进Franklin的旧宅 |
[04:31] | – Hey, that’s a nice place. – It is, it is on the outside. | – 噢 那屋子不错 – 那只是表面 |
[04:34] | Of course it’s full of dry rot. | 房子里面都烂透了 |
[04:35] | I must have called the guy 50 times… | 我打了不下50次电话给他 |
[04:36] | Claire was just leaving. | Claire马上就走了 |
[04:38] | Well, heck, why don’t you stay and have dinner with us? | 要不留下一起吃晚饭吧 |
[04:40] | No, no. | 不 不用 |
[04:41] | Got to run. | 我得走了 |
[04:44] | I hope it wasn’t too much | 希望没有太麻烦你 |
[04:45] | trouble cooking for my special diet, Lois. | 来照料我的特殊饮食 Lois |
[04:48] | It’s been a bit of an adjustment | 自从医生切了我6尺大肠 |
[04:49] | after the doctors took out six feet of my colon. | 我就一直在慢慢适应呢 |
[04:53] | You know what I call it now? | 你知道我叫它什么吗 |
[04:56] | My semicolon. | 我的分号(断肠) |
[04:57] | My semicolon! | 我的分号(断肠) |
[05:00] | Claire, I really have to go to sleep now. | Claire 我真的得去睡了 |
[05:02] | Oh, God, I wish I could sleep. | 天哪 真希望我也能睡得着 |
[05:04] | I toss and turn all night. I start | 我整晚都翻来覆去的 |
[05:06] | off on my stomach, then I flip over to my back. | 从卧躺到仰躺 |
[05:09] | No, wait, no. | 不 等等 不对 |
[05:10] | I start on my back, I flip over to my stomach… | 是从仰躺到卧躺 |
[05:14] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[05:15] | I can’t think any more. | 我失去思考能力了 |
[05:17] | Is it… | 是不是选 |
[05:19] | “C” “C”? | |
[05:20] | I’m sorry, Reese. That’s incorrect. | 对不起 Reese 回答错误 |
[05:22] | Hammy Hammy? | |
[05:24] | Yes! | 对了 |
[05:25] | Fort Ticonderoga is correct. | 泰康得罗加要塞才是正解 |
[05:27] | I was looking for a close race, but, | 我本来以为会是场拉锯战 但是 |
[05:29] | Hammy, you’ve really run away with this thing. | Hammy 你实在太棒了 |
[05:31] | I’m sorry, that’s all the time we have today, | 抱歉各位 但是今天的时间到了 |
[05:33] | but join us again tomorrow for another exciting installment of… | 明天请继续收看我们的节目 |
[05:36] | “What Is Dumber Than Reese?” | “还有什么比Reese更笨” |
[05:47] | You’re nothing but a bully and a sadist, you know that?! | 你这个仗势欺人的施虐混蛋 |
[05:49] | How could you possibly | 你怎么能通过 |
[05:51] | take any satisfaction in humiliating Reese?! | 羞辱Reese来得到满足呢 |
[05:53] | It’s Reese! | 这是Reese啊 |
[05:54] | You have to stop this, now! | 你必须停止恶行 现在 马上 |
[05:55] | Well, well, well, that took you long enough. | 瞧瞧你 总算忍不住了 |
[05:58] | What? | 什么 |
[05:58] | I’ve been trying to get your attention since the semester began. | 从学期开始我就试图吸引你的注意 |
[06:00] | I’m surprised you didn’t say something last week, | 我很惊讶你上周居然什么都没说 |
[06:02] | when Reese was curled up in a fetal ball under my desk. | Reese可是在我桌子下蜷成了球呢 |
[06:05] | What do you want from me? | 你想要我怎样 |
[06:07] | Come with me. | 跟我来 |
[06:09] | I won it my senior year. | 我高三时候得来的 |
[06:13] | Football trophy? | 橄榄球奖杯吗 |
[06:13] | Behind that. | 那个后面 |
[06:16] | – The soccer trophy? – Behind that. | – 足球奖杯吗 – 那个后面 |
[06:19] | There’s just a bunch of crappy ribbons. | 那只剩下一堆没用的缎带了 |
[06:21] | Behind the spelling bee award. | 在拼字比赛的奖杯后面 |
[06:23] | That thing that looks like it broke off that other trophy? | 那个像从另一个奖杯上断下来的东西吗 |
[06:25] | I cannot be responsible for the myopic value | 这个崇尚体育的学校目前 |
[06:27] | this sports-obsessed administration places on academic achievement. | 在学术上的成就和我没啥关系 |
[06:30] | But that little plaque represents the highest GPA | 但是那个奖章代表 |
[06:33] | in the history of the school, | 学校史上最高绩点 |
[06:34] | Malcolm, all mine. | Malcolm 全是我的 |
[06:36] | So what? | 所以呢 |
[06:37] | So wha… | 所以 |
[06:38] | I had to work hard for that plaque. | 我付出了很多努力才拿到那块奖章 |
[06:40] | I had to score higher than Edna Fornby, | 我成绩比Edna Fornby还高 |
[06:42] | who’d held the title for 38 years. | 她可是这个记录连续38年的保持者 |
[06:44] | A towering intellect, blind since birth, | 是一位卓越的知识分子 天生失明 |
[06:47] | went on to be a Rhodes scholar. | 最终却拿到了罗德奖学金 |
[06:48] | Really classy lady. | 非常杰出的女性 |
[06:50] | Cried like a baby when I took it from her. | 我破纪录时 她嚎啕大哭 |
[06:55] | What a night. | 真是美妙的一晚 |
[06:56] | And now, you are on track to take it from me. | 现在 你威胁到了我的地位 |
[06:59] | What’s your point? | 什么意思 |
[07:00] | I can’t let that happen. | 我不能让那种事情发生 |
[07:01] | And if you don’t want to see me destroy | 如果你不想看到我毁了 |
[07:04] | your brother every day for the rest of the year… | 你哥哥剩余一年的每一天 |
[07:07] | You won’t let it happen. | 你也不想这样吧 |
[07:09] | Are you serious? | 你是认真的吗 |
[07:09] | As a heart attack. | 和心脏病发一样认真 |
[07:12] | Now, I can’t just give you a “B.” | 我不能平白无故给你个”B” |
[07:14] | People are watching. | 大家都看着呢 |
[07:15] | For some reason, I rub people the wrong way. | 我总是一不小心就会惹到人 |
[07:17] | But that doesn’t stop you from tanking the course on your own. | 但如果是你自己考差就不关我事了 |
[07:20] | Are you really that shallow and petty? | 你真这么悲哀肤浅吗 |
[07:22] | You have no idea. | 超出你的想象 |
[07:25] | So, you know, take a few days, think it over. | 还是好好地想几天吧 |
[07:28] | It’ll give me more time to think up some challenges for Reese. | 我正好也有时间想些新花样来整Reese |
[07:32] | Do you think hot coals would set off the sprinkler system? | 你觉得烧热的煤能触发洒水装置吗 |
[07:37] | Lois, I was just gonna bring Jamie home. | Lois 我刚要把Jamie送回去呢 |
[07:39] | Thought I’d save you the trip. | 正好免得麻烦你了 |
[07:40] | Come on, Jamie. | 走吧 Jamie |
[07:41] | Thanks, Claire. See you tomorrow. | 谢谢你 Claire 明天见喽 |
[07:43] | Won’t you come in? | 你不进来吗 |
[07:44] | I’d love to, but I have such a busy schedule. | 我很想 但我还有很多事要做 |
[07:46] | I understand. | 我明白 |
[07:50] | Busy, busy, busy. | 忙 忙 忙 |
[07:51] | No one has any time anymore. | 这年头都没人有时间了 |
[07:53] | Oh, my goodness, I walked you all the way home. | 天哪 我居然一路把你送回来了 |
[07:55] | You get out of those work clothes, | 你快去换掉工作服吧 |
[07:57] | and I’ll make some tea. | 我去泡点茶 |
[08:02] | Hey, Dewey, look at this. | Dewey 看看这个 |
[08:05] | I got the microwave to work without closing the door. | 我不关微波炉的门也能让它运作 |
[08:08] | That’s great, Dad. | 很棒啊 爸爸 |
[08:10] | So, did you, uh… talk to Gina? | 所以 你和Gina聊天了吗 |
[08:13] | No. | 没 |
[08:15] | Oh. | 哦 |
[08:16] | It’s just that you said you would talk to her later, and, | 你之前和她说待会再聊 然后 |
[08:20] | I mean, if I remember, she remembers. | 我是说 如果我记得的话 她肯定也记得 |
[08:22] | Maybe I’ll talk to her tomorrow. | 或许明天吧 |
[08:23] | Tomorrow? | 明天吗 |
[08:25] | Gee, Dewey, if I’m Gina, | Dewey 如果我是Gina |
[08:26] | I don’t know what’s going on. | 我现在肯定很迷惑 |
[08:28] | It’s no big deal, Dad. | 又不是什么大事 爸爸 |
[08:29] | Dewey Dewey! | |
[08:32] | Come here. | 过来 |
[08:33] | Look… I know it’s not easy figuring this stuff out. | 听着 我知道这事很伤脑筋 |
[08:37] | You want to be with her, but you just | 你想和她在一起 但是你 |
[08:39] | don’t know what to say, | 不知道该说些什么 |
[08:40] | and you feel like such a doofus. | 然后你觉得自己就像个傻瓜 |
[08:42] | I know. | 我知道 |
[08:43] | So here’s what you’re gonna do. | 所以你应该这么做 |
[08:44] | You’re gonna go in the house right now and call her. | 现在就进屋打电话给她 |
[08:47] | Right now? | 现在吗 |
[08:48] | Or you could wait till you’re old, | 或者你可以等到你老了 |
[08:50] | toothless, alone, | 牙齿都掉光了 寂寞而又孤单 |
[08:51] | living in a welfare hotel, | 住在养老院里之后 |
[08:53] | hoping the couple screaming | 满怀期待地盼着隔壁吵闹的情侣 |
[08:54] | next door invites you over to dinner sometime. | 能邀请你过去一起吃晚饭 |
[08:56] | It’s up to you. | 你自己决定吧 |
[08:59] | It’s called leaky gut. | 这叫肠漏症 |
[09:03] | Hal Hal. | |
[09:04] | Why don’t we go out to dinner? | 我们今晚出去吃吧 |
[09:05] | Doesn’t that sound good? | 听起来是不是很不错 |
[09:07] | Well, I’m helping Dewey with a project, hon. | 亲爱的 我要帮Dewey做作业 |
[09:08] | Why don’t you go with Claire? | 你和Claire一起去吧 |
[09:10] | When it’s quiet, you can hear it dripping. | 安静的时候能听到滴答滴答的声音 |
[09:15] | Hear that? | 听到了吗 |
[09:18] | You ready? | 准备好了吗 |
[09:19] | No, wait. | 不 等等 |
[09:20] | I need more time. | 我还需要一点时间 |
[09:21] | Believe me, I have been through it. | 相信我 我也经历过 |
[09:23] | You just want to run away, hide under the covers and cry. | 你只想逃跑 躲起来默默哭泣 |
[09:25] | But you know what? | 但是啊 |
[09:27] | That’s how you know you’re a man. | 这才是对真汉子的考验 |
[09:33] | Hello? | 你好 |
[09:39] | Hello? | 你好 |
[09:42] | Hello. | 你好 |
[09:43] | Gina. Hi, this is Dewey’s dad. | Gina 我是Dewey的爸爸 |
[09:46] | He just called to say that he was thinking of you. | 他只是打来告诉你 他想你了 |
[09:51] | Oh, and he thinks that homework is dumb. | 而且他觉得作业很傻 |
[09:54] | Really? | 真的吗 |
[09:55] | She thinks homework is dumb, too. | 她也觉得作业傻爆了 |
[10:07] | Reese Reese. | |
[10:08] | I think it’s terrible what | 我真的很抱歉 |
[10:09] | Herkabe’s been putting you through in class. | Herkabe在课上对你做的事情 |
[10:11] | I really feel bad about the way he’s treating you. | 我感觉糟透了 |
[10:15] | I’ll bet I could make you feel worse! | 我能让你感觉更糟 |
[10:19] | Thought it over. | 我想过了 |
[10:21] | What happened to your lip? | 你嘴唇怎么了 |
[10:22] | Reese. | Reese干的 |
[10:23] | He’s a troubled young man. | 真是血气方刚的年轻人 |
[10:25] | God knows I’ve tried my best with him, | 我已经尽力想帮他了 |
[10:26] | but you can’t let that fact poison… | 但是你不能让他继续祸害 |
[10:28] | Relax, I’m gonna do it. | 放心 我答应你的要求 |
[10:30] | You will? | 真的吗 |
[10:30] | Reese can’t help who he is. | Reese改不了他的本性 |
[10:31] | And you can’t help being a jerk. | 而你也注定是个人渣 |
[10:33] | I’m the only one who has a choice over what I do. | 我是唯一一个有选择权的人 |
[10:35] | So, yeah, I’ll take your sick little deal | 所以 是 我答应你恶心的交易 |
[10:37] | so you can keep your pathetic, meaningless plaque. | 你就继续沉浸在那悲哀又毫无意义的奖章里吧 |
[10:39] | Thank you, Malcolm. I know that you think that this | 谢谢你 Malcolm 我知道你一定觉得 |
[10:42] | compromised victory will taste like ashes in my mouth, | 这种妥协的胜利像吃了一嘴灰 |
[10:44] | but there’s something I learned a long time ago. | 但是在很久以前我就明白了一件事 |
[10:49] | Ashes don’t taste that bad. | 灰尘没想象中难吃 |
[10:52] | Okay, class, we’ll start this morning with an oral quiz. | 好了 我们今天的课从问答开始 |
[10:55] | Who was the victor in the disputed presidential election of 1896. | 谁在1896年当上了总统呢 |
[11:01] | Um… | 呃 |
[11:06] | Malcolm? Malcolm? | |
[11:08] | Surely you know this. | 你一定知道这个 |
[11:12] | – Tilden. – What was that? | – Tilden – 什么 |
[11:13] | Tilden Tilden! | |
[11:16] | That’s incorrect. | 回答错误 |
[11:19] | What an idiot! | 你怎么这么蠢 |
[11:21] | Monkey dance! Monkey dance! | 猴子舞 猴子舞 |
[11:23] | Monkey dance! | 猴子舞 |
[11:24] | Monkey dance! | 猴子舞 |
[11:25] | Monkey dance! Monkey dance! | 猴子舞 猴子舞 |
[11:37] | – We have a problem. – What? | – 我们有个问题 – 什么 |
[11:39] | Some wavy-haired blond boy was chatting up Gina at the bike racks after school. | 有个金色卷发的男生 放学后在停车架那和Gina相谈甚欢 |
[11:43] | – Don’t you work, Dad? – Never mind that. The point is, | – 你不用工作吗 爸爸 – 别管那个 重点是 |
[11:46] | you should have been there. | 出现在那里的应该是你 |
[11:47] | It was probably Stephan. He’s no threat. | 应该只是Stephan 他算不上是威胁啦 |
[11:50] | I saw him, Dewey. He’s an Adonis! | 我看到他了 Dewey 他可是个帅哥 |
[11:52] | Okay, what you need here is some sort of romantic gesture. | 你现在需要一个浪漫事件 |
[11:56] | What do you mean? | 什么意思 |
[11:57] | Just off the top of my head, | 我灵光一闪 想到了 |
[11:58] | you could send her a nice box of expensive chocolates. | 你可以送她一盒精致昂贵的巧克力 |
[12:01] | I’m not sure. | 我不确定诶 |
[12:01] | Too late. You already did. | 太晚了 你已经送了 |
[12:03] | You just dropped off a big box on her front doorstep, | 你刚在她家门前偷偷放了一盒巧克力 |
[12:05] | rang the bell and ran like hell. | 按好门铃 撒腿就跑了 |
[12:06] | You also trampled some of her rose bushes. | 你还不小心踩了她家的蔷薇 |
[12:09] | Congratulations, son. | 恭喜你 儿子 |
[12:10] | You’re in the game. | 游戏正式开始了 |
[12:13] | Hal, I have to do something about Claire. | Hal 我得想些法子对付Claire了 |
[12:16] | She is driving me crazy. | 她快把我逼疯了 |
[12:18] | Oh, Hal, that is so sweet. | Hal 这好可爱 |
[12:23] | It’s not for you. | 不是要送你的 |
[12:26] | Didn’t you learn your lesson with Francis? | 你没从Francis那件事吸取教训吗 |
[12:28] | That Jenny Thompson was a stuck-up snot. | 那个Jenny Thompson是个自大又惹人嫌的家伙 |
[12:30] | Hal, I have bigger problems. | Hal 我有更大的问题 |
[12:32] | I cannot stand that woman. | 我已经忍无可忍了 |
[12:34] | Which normally isn’t an issue, except, | 虽然这不算什么大问题 但是 |
[12:36] | I can’t afford to tell her off and lose her. | 我又不能直接开除她 |
[12:38] | She’s good with Jamie, | 她照顾Jamie很有一手 |
[12:40] | she’s right down the street, she’s incredibly cheap. | 她住的很近 又很便宜 |
[12:42] | She’d be perfect if she weren’t | 她本该非常完美 如果不是 |
[12:43] | the most annoying person on the face of the planet. | 她那啰嗦得不行的性格 |
[12:46] | I feel like the top of my head | 我觉得她再多讲一个字 |
[12:47] | is going to explode if I hear her say another word. | 我脑子就要爆炸了 |
[12:49] | What rhymes with dreamy? | 梦幻和什么押韵 |
[12:50] | Hal, for God’s sake. | 天哪 Hal |
[12:52] | I heard what you said, Lois. | 我有在听啦 Lois |
[12:54] | Look, you just have to completely disengage with her. | 听着 你只要无视她就可以啦 |
[12:57] | Take Jamie when she drops him off, | 她把Jamie送回来 你顺势接过他 |
[12:58] | nod pleasantly, you can even smile, | 礼貌地点头 你甚至可以微笑 |
[13:01] | and then, slam the door in her face. And don’t beat yourself up over it. | 然后在她面前把门一关 不要为这事感到内疚 |
[13:04] | Some people are just crazy. | 有些人就是疯子 |
[13:07] | Do we have any fun stickers? | 你有什么可爱的贴纸吗 |
[13:16] | B-minus! Ha! | B减 哈哈 |
[13:18] | I did better than you. | 我考得比你好 |
[13:19] | For the first time… | 这可是头一遭 |
[13:21] | Wait. | 等等 |
[13:22] | A, b, c, d A, b, c, d… | |
[13:25] | Never mind. | 无视我吧 |
[13:28] | Buck up, Malcolm. | 打起精神 Malcolm |
[13:29] | Only 12 more weeks, and | 还有12周 |
[13:30] | then I’ll back off | 然后我就会退出 |
[13:31] | and let you pick the course you want to tank. | 你就可以选你想上的课了 |
[13:33] | Hey, we’re not in your stupid class anymore, all right? | 现在不是在你那个傻逼课上 |
[13:35] | Will you just leave me alone? | 可以别来烦我吗 |
[13:36] | Oh, a sullen rebuke. What a bonus. | 啊呀 生气了耶 有加分哦 |
[13:39] | You know, I might make them | 我应该要他们 |
[13:40] | get me a bigger plaque when I beat you, malcolm. | 在我打败你之后 做个更大的奖章 Malcolm |
[13:43] | Ugh! How can they let it get so dingy? | 他们怎么能让它变得这么脏 |
[13:46] | Hey, Slick! | 喂 Slick |
[13:47] | Instead of pushing dust around over there, | 与其在那里把灰尘推来推去的 |
[13:49] | why don’t you polish up these trophies? | 还不如帮我把这里的奖杯擦一下 |
[13:51] | It’s disgraceful. | 太丢人了 |
[13:53] | You know, I’ll admit, it wasn’t easy beating old Fornby. | 我承认要打败老Fornby不容易 |
[13:56] | Of course she had the added advantage | 当然 她也有她的优势 |
[13:57] | of being blind and club-footed, no distractions, | 失明又畸足 注意力不会被分散 |
[13:59] | but still, I had to bust my hump that last semester. | 但是最后一个学期我也有挑灯夜战 |
[14:02] | Did you know, instead of seventh period gym, | 你知道吗 与其去上第七节体育课 |
[14:04] | I created my own AP class? | 不如创建自己的AP班 |
[14:06] | While those Cro-Magnons | 在那群原始人 |
[14:07] | were chasing balls and sweating like swine, | 追着球跑来跑去 像猪一般出汗时 |
[14:09] | I was sitting in an air-conditioned | 我坐在有空调的教室里 |
[14:11] | room with my tie unloosed, discussing Renaissance poetry. | 系着领带 讨论着文艺复兴诗歌 |
[14:14] | You wore a suit to school? | 你穿着西装上学吗 |
[14:15] | And a silk handkerchief. | 还戴一块丝质方巾 |
[14:17] | They hated me | 他们讨厌我 |
[14:18] | because I made them look ridiculous. | 因为我让他们看起来像傻瓜 |
[14:23] | Okay, Dewey, you set the table with the box of candy. | Dewey 你种下了一盒糖果 |
[14:26] | Now it’s time to reap your reward. | 到了收获的时间了 |
[14:28] | She’s not going to feel like I’m trying to buy her, is she? | 她应该不会觉得我是土豪吧 |
[14:31] | Let me teach you a valuable lesson about women, dewey. | 让我教教你关于女人的可贵教训 Dewey |
[14:34] | They think they deserve everything you give them. | 她们总是觉得自己值得你给的一切 |
[14:36] | They all like to think they’re special… | 她们都觉得自己很特别 |
[14:38] | even the ones that aren’t. Now go. | 哪怕是那些不特别的女生 去吧 |
[14:43] | You can do it, Son! | 你可以的 儿子 |
[14:49] | Yes? | 什么事 |
[14:52] | Is Gina home? | Gina在家吗 |
[14:54] | Are you the kid that sent her that candy? | 你是送她巧克力的那小子吗 |
[14:55] | Um… maybe. | 或许吧 |
[14:58] | Don’t you know she’s allergic to nuts? | 你不知道她对坚果过敏吗 |
[15:04] | Oh, God. | 天哪 |
[15:11] | Hello, Lois. | 你好 Lois |
[15:12] | Hi, sweetie. | 亲爱的 你好 |
[15:14] | I made you a snack in the kitchen. | 我在厨房里给你做了小点心 |
[15:15] | What a day. | 今天好累啊 |
[15:17] | Jamie was fine, | Jamie很好 |
[15:18] | but I got that horrible ringing in my ear. | 但是我耳朵一直在嗡嗡叫 |
[15:21] | It was just dreadful. Do you ever get that? | 太可怕了 你有那种经历吗 |
[15:23] | Well, you’re blessed if you don’t. | 如果没有就太幸运了 |
[15:25] | I never noticed those cushions before. | 我从来没注意过那里的靠垫 |
[15:27] | They’re darling. | 它们真好看 |
[15:28] | What did you pay for them? | 你花了多少钱买的 |
[15:29] | They look so comfortable. | 看起来好舒服呀 |
[15:30] | Mind if I try ’em out? | 我试试可以吗 |
[15:31] | I’d like you to go now, Claire. | 我希望你马上离开 Claire |
[15:32] | Oh, good, because I have a ton of things to do. | 很好 我还有好多事情要做呢 |
[15:35] | You know how it is, though, | 你知道的 |
[15:35] | something always comes up. | 总是有好多事会突然冒出来 |
[15:37] | What I would like is for you to be in your own house now. | 我希望你现在能回自己家里 |
[15:40] | Boy, so would I. | 我也好希望呀 |
[15:41] | I really have to clean my bathroom tile grout. | 我真的需要清理厕所瓷砖缝了 |
[15:44] | It’s disgusting. | 太恶心了 |
[15:45] | Get your fat butt out of my house! | 那就快带着你的大屁股滚出我家 |
[15:50] | You’re so funny. | 你好幽默啊 |
[15:51] | Although, I could lose a little weight here… | 不过我确实需要减减肥了 |
[15:53] | Get out! | 滚出去 |
[15:54] | Get out! Get out! | 滚出去 滚出去 |
[15:55] | Get out! Get out! | 滚出去 滚出去 |
[15:56] | Get out! | 滚出去 |
[15:58] | Wow. Where did that come from? | 哇 干嘛突然这么生气 |
[16:00] | I have put up with this this long | 我已经忍很久了 |
[16:02] | because I needed you for Jamie, | 因为我需要你来照顾Jamie |
[16:04] | but I’ve had it, lady. | 但是我受够了 |
[16:05] | I’ll send you a check for the money I owe you, | 欠你的钱我会开支票送过去的 |
[16:07] | and after that, I never want to see your face again. | 然后 我再也不想看见你的脸 |
[16:09] | Well, now, I… | 好吧 那个 我 |
[16:18] | Okay, I’m glad we finally got all that out in the open, | 我很开心我们总算把话讲开了 |
[16:21] | ’cause now that we know we have issues, | 既然我们知道有矛盾 |
[16:23] | we can talk about them. | 我们可以好好沟通 |
[16:28] | You can’t do this. | 你不能这样 |
[16:29] | Just because I missed one stupid gym class! | 就因为我错过了一堂白痴体育课 |
[16:36] | It is a dark day for North High, | 对于北部社区高中来说 今天不是个好日子 |
[16:39] | but given recent information that has come to our | 但是鉴于最近得知的消息 |
[16:42] | attention regarding the previous GPA record holder | 关于之前GPA记录持有者 |
[16:45] | and his failure to meet the physical education requirement, | 并没有达到体育课要求的事 |
[16:48] | I have no choice. | 我别无选择 |
[16:50] | I take no pleasure… | 我并不感到欣喜 |
[16:52] | in the pain this unfortunate | 而是遗憾痛心 |
[16:54] | incident has caused, | 居然发生了这么一桩悲剧 |
[16:55] | but rules are rules. | 但是规定就是规定 |
[16:58] | So, I am directing that this plaque be returned to Edna Fornby, | 所以 我要将这块奖章交还给Edna Fornby |
[17:04] | who though blind and crippled, | 虽然她失明而且腿脚不利落 |
[17:05] | managed to pass gym. | 但是依旧过了体育课 |
[17:10] | Tough break, Mr. Herkabe. | 真倒霉啊 Herkabe老师 |
[17:12] | I know it was you, Malcolm. | 我知道是你干的 Malcolm |
[17:13] | And I wouldn’t be so quick to gloat. | 如果我是你 不会这么快就得意起来 |
[17:15] | I’m not defeated yet. | 我还没被打败 |
[17:15] | I’m like Napoleon at St. Helena, | 我就像是在圣赫勒拿的拿破仑 |
[17:17] | plotting my return. | 准备着自己的回归 |
[17:18] | You mean Elba. | 你指厄尔巴岛吧 |
[17:19] | He died on St. Helena. | 他是死在圣赫勒拿的 |
[17:20] | Oh, shut up! | 闭嘴吧你 |
[17:22] | I have to call Mother before she hears it from someone else. | 趁着别人还没和我妈讲 我得先打给她 |
[17:27] | Hey, honey. | 嘿 亲爱的 |
[17:30] | Hal, it’s terrible. | Hal 太惨了 |
[17:31] | Oh, what happened? | 发生什么事了 |
[17:33] | Claire died. | Claire死了 |
[17:34] | What? | 什么 |
[17:36] | Her sister just called. | 她妹妹刚打了个电话过来 |
[17:37] | I guess no one really saw it coming. | 我想没人料到会发生这种事吧 |
[17:39] | I feel so bad. | 我感觉好内疚啊 |
[17:43] | Are you baking cookies? | 你在烤饼干吗 |
[17:44] | Snickerdoodles. | 肉桂曲奇 |
[17:46] | Boy, life is so precarious, isn’t it? | 人生真是瞬息万变呢 |
[17:50] | You know, just yesterday, she was sitting right here, and then… | 昨天她还好端端的坐在这里 可现在 |
[17:53] | Hal, you know what I just thought of? | Hal 你知道我刚刚想到了什么吗 |
[17:55] | We never go dancing. | 我们从来没去跳过舞 |
[17:56] | Why don’t we go dancing tonight? | 我们今晚去跳舞吧 |
[17:58] | Doesn’t that sound like fun? | 听起来很好玩吧 |
[18:00] | Yeah, sure. | 恩 不错啊 |
[18:02] | I guess. | 应该吧 |
[18:06] | Excuse me, honey. | 不好意思 亲爱的 |
[18:11] | You okay? | 你没事吧 |
[18:14] | Oh… | 哦 |
[18:20] | You know, I’ve been thinking. | 我刚刚在想啊 |
[18:22] | Maybe she’s not the right girl for you. | 或许她并不是你的命中天女 |
[18:25] | She sure has made this hard on us. | 她真的让我们的日子非常不好过啊 |
[18:27] | There’s no “Us,” Dad. | 没有”我们” 爸爸 |
[18:28] | It’s you. | 只有你 |
[18:30] | Every idea you have about girls is wrong. | 你说的所有关于女生的事都是错的 |
[18:33] | How was I ever born? | 我到底是怎么出生的 |
[18:35] | Well, by that time, your mother | 那个时候啊 你妈妈 |
[18:36] | was pretty much stuck in the relationship, and… | 已经彻底沉溺于这段感情了 然后 |
[18:39] | Thanks a lot, Dad. | 真是太谢谢你了 爸爸 |
[18:40] | I liked Gina. I really did. | 我很喜欢Gina 真心地喜欢过 |
[18:43] | I’m sorry, Dewey. I feel terrible. | 非常抱歉Dewey 我也感到非常糟糕 |
[18:46] | Maybe there’s some way I can help you… | 或许我能做什么来弥补 |
[18:47] | – No! – Okay, right. | – 不用 – 好 好的 |
[18:50] | I will stay out of it. | 我不会再掺和了 |
[18:52] | I can make this right. | 我可以弥补的 |
[18:54] | I have better candy. | 我有更好吃的糖果噢 |
[18:56] | You’ll like this candy. | 你会喜欢这个糖的 |
[18:57] | It’s really good. | 真的很好吃哟 |
[18:59] | Come on, just hop in the car. | 来嘛 上车嘛 |
[19:02] | Come on, give me a break. | 拜托 饶了我吧 |
[19:05] | Don’t you remember your first love? | 你难道不记得初恋的滋味了吗 |
[19:12] | What are you doing here? | 你在这里做什么 |
[19:13] | Reclaiming what is rightfully mine. | 赢回属于我的东西 |
[19:14] | Once I complete this course, they’ll be forced to reinstate me. | 我完成这门课 他们就必须还我奖章 |
[19:17] | You can’t take a class 20 years later. | 你不能在20年后再补这门课 |
[19:19] | Who is being petty, now, Malcolm? | 现在是谁在小气了 Malcolm |
[19:21] | No, no, no. | 不 不 不 |
[19:22] | You will soon discover what | 你将学会一个道理 |
[19:23] | my cable guy learned the hard way | 给我家装电线的人历尽磨难才认识到 |
[19:24] | you can’t defeat Lionel Herkabe. | Lionel Herkabe是无敌的 |
[19:26] | Malcolm You see, Malcolm… | |
[19:29] | Hey, Mr. Herkabe. | 喂 Herkabe老师 |
[19:31] | How do you like dodge ball? | 你喜欢玩躲避球吗 |
[19:32] | Oh, no, wait, wait, wait, wait! | 不 等等 等等 等等 |
[19:35] | You are just making yourself look weak and foolish! | 你们只是让自己看起来软弱而愚蠢 |
[19:39] | I might stop hitting you if you dance like a monkey. | 如果你跳猴子舞我说不定就会停 |
[19:42] | Like… | 像 |
[19:44] | Like this? | 像这样 |
[19:45] | You call that a monkey dance? | 你居然叫这个猴子舞 |
[19:52] | Some things you don’t do for trophies. | 有些事情你并不是为了奖杯而做的 |
[19:55] | You treasure them here where it counts the most. | 你会珍藏在最重要的地方 |
[19:58] | You think that hurt? | 你觉得这很痛吗 |
[19:59] | That didn’t hurt. | 一点都不痛 |
[20:01] | Oh, God, make it stop! | 我的天哪 快住手 |
[20:04] | No one can take that away. | 没有人能把那个拿走 |
[20:19] | Hi. | 嗨 |
[20:20] | Hi. | 嗨 |
[20:25] | Your dad’s really weird. | 你爸爸好奇怪哦 |
[20:27] | You have no idea. | 可不是吗 |
[20:30] | You want to eat lunch together tomorrow? | 你要一起吃中饭吗 |
[20:32] | Okay. | 好呀 |
[20:34] | Bye. | 再见 |
[20:35] | Bye. | 再见 |
[20:40] | Sorry to bother you. | 不好意思 打扰你了 |
[20:41] | I’m Claire’s sister, Donna. | 我是Claire的妹妹 Donna |
[20:43] | Oh, hi. Hi. | 嗨 你好 |
[20:45] | Come on in. | 请进来吧 |
[20:46] | I don’t want to impose. | 我不是想来打扰的 |
[20:48] | I just want to thank you | 我只是想来感谢你 |
[20:49] | for being so nice to my sister. | 一直以来对我姐姐的照顾 |
[20:51] | She often spoke of you. | 她常常和我提起你呢 |
[20:52] | Oh. Well, you know, I thought the world of her. | 我也非常喜欢他 |
[20:54] | Come on now, Lois. | 老实交代吧 Lois |
[20:56] | I think we both know that Claire | 我们都知道面对Claire时 |
[20:57] | required a certain amount of patience. Am I right? | 需要极大的耐心 不是吗 |
[21:02] | Anyway, | 总之 |
[21:03] | you wouldn’t believe the flight I took coming here. | 你根本不会相信我来这里时的飞机啊 |
[21:05] | First, they grounded the plane, which, you know, you think, | 居然延误了 不过也对 |
[21:08] | better they do that than trying to fly it with something wrong. | 总不能开着有问题的飞机在空中吧 |
[21:10] | Then they said they’re going to fix it, and I’m thinking, oh! | 然后他们说会修好的 我就想啊 |
[21:13] | You know, Donna, I’m sorry, | Donna 不好意思 |
[21:14] | but you happened to catch me at a really busy time. | 但是我正在忙 |
[21:16] | Oh, you think you’re busy, try planning a funeral. | 你觉得你很忙 去准备葬礼试试 |
[21:19] | Not that I’m complaining… | 我倒不是抱怨什么 |