时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:03] | There you go. | 给 |
[00:04] | Liver and beans again? | 怎么又是猪肝和豆子啊 |
[00:06] | It’s all we had. | 只有这个了 |
[00:09] | You’ve done it again, honey. | 你又做这个了 亲爱的 |
[00:12] | Jamie, I’m sorry if you don’t like it, | Jamie 我很抱歉你不喜欢 |
[00:14] | but I worked very hard to make this | 但我可是很辛苦才做好的 |
[00:15] | and nobody leaves until their plates are clean. | 所以没吃的一干二净之前谁都别想走 |
[01:04] | Yes, oh, I’ll definitely call you back. | 好的 我一定回回你电话的 |
[01:06] | Hold on. Let me get a pen. | 等一下 让我拿支笔 |
[01:10] | What’s the number again? | 号码是什么来着 |
[01:14] | Great. I got it. | 好的 我记下了 |
[01:15] | I’ll call you, I promise. | 我保证会回你的 |
[01:17] | If that wasn’t a relative, I’m going to be very upset. | 如果刚才那个不是亲戚 我会很生气的 |
[01:19] | It’s just another college recruiter. | 只是某个大学招收员 |
[01:21] | Just another college recruiter? | 只是某个大学招收员 |
[01:23] | You know, when I was applying, | 你知道么 想当初我申请的时候 |
[01:24] | believe me, there were no recruiters. | 相信我 根本就没有什么招收员 |
[01:26] | If I hadn’t found that ad inside that matchbook, | 我要不是找到那个火柴盒里的广告的话 |
[01:28] | I may not have pursued higher education at all. | 继续深造基本没戏 |
[01:31] | But they’re calling me all the time. | 但是他们老给我打电话 |
[01:33] | I must get ten calls a day. | 我一天都接了不下十通了 |
[01:34] | Then each one must be handled | 每个都要好好对待 |
[01:36] | like that’s the university you’re going to. | 就假设他们就是你要去的大学 |
[01:38] | It’s called options. | 这就叫做有备无患 |
[01:40] | Why do you think guys date ugly women? | 不然你以为男人们为什么和丑女人约会 |
[01:42] | I swear I will to kill my mother! | 我发誓要杀了我妈 |
[01:44] | She just slinks down here and | 她就这样不请自来 |
[01:46] | marries off my son to some Eastern European bimbo. | 让我儿子娶了个莫名其妙的东欧女人 |
[01:49] | The old reptile. | 这老不死的 |
[01:50] | I can’t believe her leg hasn’t grown back. | 我才不信她的腿还没好 |
[01:52] | Honey, calm down. | 亲爱的 冷静点 |
[01:53] | No. I am going to kill her. | 冷静个屁 我要宰了那老东西 |
[01:55] | You know, if young person dies, it looks suspicious. | 你知道吗 如果年轻人死了会引人怀疑 |
[01:58] | When old people die, it’s just | 但是如果是死了个老家伙 |
[01:59] | the way of the world. There’s no investigation. | 就只是自然规律罢了 不会有人来调查 |
[02:01] | Well, at least Reese is independent now. | 至少Reese现在独立了 |
[02:03] | Independent?! He’s living in our garage! How independent is that? | 独立个屁 他妈的住在我们车库里算哪门子独立啊 |
[02:06] | I read about this old woman who drowned in her bowl of soup. | 我好像在哪看过一个老太婆被汤呛死 |
[02:09] | – It happens. – Honey, look at the up side. | – 世事无常嘛 – 亲爱的 乐观点嘛 |
[02:11] | Malcolm is going off to college, | Malcolm就要去上大学了 |
[02:13] | Francis is with Piama, now Reese is married. | Francis和Piama在一起 而Reese也结婚了 |
[02:16] | They’ve all flown the nest. | 雏鹰们翅膀都硬了飞走了 |
[02:18] | We’re done. | 我们的任务也完成了 |
[02:19] | We still have Jamie and Dewey. | 还有Jamie和Dewey |
[02:20] | Oh, right. | 对噢 |
[02:23] | I’m all packed up. – Good for you. | 我准备好了 – 不错啊 |
[02:26] | Are you going somewhere? | 你要去哪儿 |
[02:27] | He’s going to Francis’s. | 他要去Francis那 |
[02:28] | Let’s go over the rules again. | 我们来再回顾一下出游准则 |
[02:30] | When you are on a bus, what are you to do? | 在大巴上的时候 你应该怎么做 |
[02:32] | Talk to no one, don’t let anyone sit next to me, | 不和任何人讲话 不让任何人坐我边上 |
[02:35] | try to look sickly and learning-impaired, | 假装生病和智障的样子 |
[02:36] | cough every few minutes and nose-picking’s okay. | 每隔几分钟就咳嗽一下 还要挖鼻孔 |
[02:39] | Encouraged. | 没错 |
[02:40] | And what if you are on the bus for a few hours | 那如果你上车一段时间之后 |
[02:42] | and you have to go to the bathroom really, really bad? | 忽然很想很想上厕所呢 |
[02:44] | I still don’t go. | 憋着 |
[02:45] | That’s my boy. | 干得好 |
[02:49] | Mom, Dad, I would like to invite you to a garage-warming. | 妈 爸 我想邀请你们来车库小聚 |
[02:52] | Raduca thought that the least we could do | Raduca觉得至少我们可以请你们吃顿饭 |
[02:54] | is show our appreciation by treating you to a meal. | 表示一下我们的感激之情 |
[02:57] | – Well, I don’t know what to say. – We would be delighted to come. | – 呃 我不知道说什么好了 – 我们很荣幸被邀请 |
[03:00] | What are we having? | 我们吃什么 |
[03:01] | Looks like baloney, some kind of yellow cheese, | 应该有烤肠 还有些奶黄色的奶酪 |
[03:05] | half liter of Mountain Dew and… | 半升矿泉水 还有 |
[03:08] | Wheat Crisps. | 小麦味的薯片 |
[03:09] | Wonderful. | 太好了 |
[03:13] | Huh? | 哈 |
[03:15] | This is where you live? | 这就是你住的地方 |
[03:16] | Yeah. | 对 |
[03:17] | Where’s Piama? | Piama呢 |
[03:18] | Her sister’s in prison. | 她的姐妹在监狱里 |
[03:20] | Or marrying somebody in prison. | 还是嫁了某个监狱里的人 |
[03:23] | Whatever it was, she bought a dress. | 不管是哪个 她买了条裙子 |
[03:24] | So what’s the deal with the beard? | 你胡子怎么了 |
[03:26] | Oh, this thing? | 噢 这个啊 |
[03:27] | I don’t know. I was trying to find a job and not really finding anything and… | 我也不知道 本来想找个工作 但是没找到什么好干的 |
[03:31] | kinda felt like something was holding me back. | 似乎觉得有什么事在扯我后腿 |
[03:33] | I think this makes me stand out from the crowd. | 我想就是这个让我与众不同吧 |
[03:35] | Mission accomplished. | 的确与众不同 |
[03:38] | So this is how you live? | 这么说 这就是你的生活咯 |
[03:39] | No fridge, no real furniture, | 没冰箱 没什么家具 |
[03:42] | and the only decoration’s a stolen bus bench? | 唯一的装饰就是个偷来的巴士椅 |
[03:45] | Isn’t that great? | 是不是很棒啊 |
[03:46] | Francis, this is… | Francis 这实在是 |
[03:48] | everything I’ve ever dreamed of! | 我梦寐以求的生活啊 |
[03:50] | This is exactly how I’ll live when I grow up! | 这完全就是我想生长的环境啊 |
[03:52] | Thanks, Dewey. | 谢咯 Dewey |
[03:54] | You know, it’s not easy to create this kind of lifestyle. | 你要知道 创造这样的生活作风可不是件容易的事啊 |
[03:56] | Hey, you want to listen to some music? | 嘿 想听歌不 |
[03:57] | Sure. | 好啊 |
[04:00] | Hey, Kipler, turn that crap down! | 嘿 Kipler 把那废物转过来 |
[04:07] | Feel that bass? That’s a powered subwoofer! | 听到那男低音了没 那可是马力十足的低音扬声器 |
[04:12] | I’m not going to be mean. | 我不会很刻薄的 |
[04:13] | I’m going to very nicely tell | 我会很客气地告诉他们 |
[04:14] | them their marriage is a sham and must be dissolved. | 他们的婚姻是错误的 他们必须得离婚 |
[04:16] | That might backfire. | 恐怕会事与愿违 |
[04:17] | Look what happened when my mother tried that with us. | 想想当初我妈想拆散我们的时候 我们是怎么做的 |
[04:20] | And what choice do we have? | 我们还有其他选择吗 |
[04:21] | We can’t let them live like hobos in our filthy garage. | 我们总不能让他们像乞丐一样生活在我们肮脏的车库里 |
[04:33] | So beautiful. | 好漂亮啊 |
[04:34] | Please to enter. | 快请进 |
[04:37] | Raduca, I have to say it is | Raduca 我不得不说 |
[04:39] | incredible what you’ve done with this place. | 你把这地方整的太漂亮了 |
[04:41] | No, no, no, this was Reese. | 不 不 不 这都是Reese做的 |
[04:43] | He gets credit. | 全是他的功劳 |
[04:44] | Reese… you did this? | Reese 这都是你做的 |
[04:47] | He is very determined when you give him task. | 做任务的时候他可是非常有恒心的 |
[04:50] | Now, sweetie, you can’t give me all the credit. | 现在呢 亲爱的 你不应该都表扬我 |
[04:52] | We both stomped that spider nest together. | 我们一起踩碎了那个蜘蛛窝 |
[04:54] | Ah, yes, honeymoon. | 啊 对 蜜月 |
[04:57] | I am very impressed. | 我非常地震惊啊 |
[05:00] | Is this homework?! | 这是家庭作业吗 |
[05:01] | Yeah, Raduca won’t let me watch any television until it’s finished. | 是的 Raduca不让我看电视 除非做完作业 |
[05:05] | Wives. Am I right? | 老婆们 对吧 |
[05:06] | Education is key to better life. | 教育是美好生活的关键 |
[05:11] | Reese Reese! | |
[05:12] | Chair! | 椅子 |
[05:17] | I can’t remember when I’ve had a baloney and Wheat-Crisp casserole this good. | 我不记得什么时候吃过这么好吃的烤肠炖麦薯了 |
[05:21] | Reese has studying for green card exam. | Reese在准备绿卡的考试 |
[05:24] | We must know every spouse’s detail. | 我们必须知道对方的生活细节 |
[05:27] | Favorite color, toilet habit, my menstruation cycle. | 最喜欢的颜色 上厕所的习惯 还有我的例假周期 |
[05:31] | I think I’m done. | 我吃饱了 |
[05:33] | Reese! Plates! | Reese 收拾盘子 |
[05:43] | Did you see the way she talks to him? | 你看到她对他说话的方式了吗 |
[05:45] | She has broken his spirit. | 她粉碎了他的灵魂 |
[05:47] | – He’s not our Reese anymore. – I know. | – 他不再是我们的那个Reese了 – 我知道 |
[05:50] | – It’s fantastic. – Yeah. | – 太棒了 – 就是 |
[05:53] | Here’s our little scholar. | 这不是我们的小学霸吗 |
[05:56] | What? | 什么情况 |
[05:57] | Malcolm, this is Milt Anderson, a recruiter from M.I.T. | Malcolm 这是Milt Anderson M.I.T的大学招生员 |
[06:01] | Dad… | 老爸 |
[06:01] | We talked about this, | 我们不是谈过了吗 |
[06:02] | and you’re sitting here and listening to what he has to say, got it? | 你得坐在这听听他要讲什么 |
[06:04] | But… | 可是 |
[06:04] | Now, Malcolm, I know you’ve got a lot of questions. | Malcolm 我知道你有很多疑问 |
[06:09] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[06:14] | You’re from M.I.T. | 你来自M.I.T |
[06:15] | That’s right. Mississippi Institute of Technology. | 没错 密西西比理工大学 |
[06:19] | What? | 什么 |
[06:19] | Now, I know everybody always assumes it’s Massachusetts. | 我知道每个人都以为是麻省理工大学 |
[06:22] | And hey, they do good work, too, | 他们也不错 |
[06:24] | but can they offer you the same kind of God-centric approach to science that we do? | 不过他们能提供给你神一般的科学研究方法吗 |
[06:31] | Now, I know you’re a gentleman, | 我知道你是个绅士 |
[06:33] | and you’re not going to want to make a decision until you colm down and… | 你也不想急急躁躁地在 |
[06:37] | taste some of the best catfish that ever melted into your mouth! | 没吃过最好的鲶鱼之前就下结论吧 |
[06:43] | Dad, could I talk to you for a second? | 老爸 我能和你谈谈吗 |
[06:44] | Of course. | 当然 |
[06:46] | Any chance you could air ship some of those ? | 可以空运一些鲶鱼过来吗 |
[06:51] | Dad, this is a complete waste of time. | 老爸 这纯粹是在浪费时间啊 |
[06:53] | I’ve already told you there | 我早告诉你了 |
[06:54] | are only four colleges in the whole world | 全世界只有四所大学 |
[06:55] | that have the nuclear biology programs that I’m interested in. | 有我感兴趣的核生物学 |
[06:58] | And this M.I.T. And Kolumbia with a K aren’t on the list. | 这个M.I.T还有那个科伦比亚大学不在考虑范围 |
[07:01] | Maybe this isn’t the school of your dreams, | 这可能不是你梦寐以求的学校 |
[07:03] | but you need a fallback position. | 但是你总要有个备案啊 |
[07:05] | Forget about it, Dad. | 别想了 老爸 |
[07:05] | This is my decision and I’m not talking to these bozos. | 这是我的决定 我不要和这些傻逼讲话 |
[07:09] | All right, fine. I’ll do it for you. | 好吧 随你 我会帮你说的 |
[07:10] | But one day, you’ll thank me. | 但是总有一天 你会感谢我的 |
[07:14] | Uh, Milt, you’ll have to excuse Malcolm. | 呃 Milt 你得原谅Malcolm |
[07:16] | He, uh, had to do some… brain exercises. | 他得做些 呃 脑力锻炼 |
[07:20] | You know, mental squats and such. Anyway… | 你知道的 脑力深蹲之类的 话说回来 |
[07:23] | tell me about your science department. | 给我说说你们的科学系吧 |
[07:25] | Well, I’d love to. Let me just find my brochure. | 好的啊 让我找一下小册子 |
[07:28] | Here, why don’t you take one of my key chains? | 嘿 给你个钥匙链吧 |
[07:33] | It lights up! | 还会亮诶 |
[07:35] | What else you got in there? | 你还有什么 |
[07:37] | I like that beer cozy. | 我喜欢那个小熊保温罩 |
[07:39] | But I suppose it’s either or. | 不过我想这应该是两者选其一 |
[07:50] | Why do we have to get a stupid green card anyway? | 为什么我们一定要拿那个傻不拉唧的绿卡 |
[07:52] | I hate studying. It’s so boring. | 我讨厌学习 学习超无聊 |
[07:53] | Shut up and look at my breasts! | 闭上你的臭嘴 看着老娘的胸 |
[07:56] | This is the kind of thing that it will be on test. | 想象这就是试卷的内容 |
[07:59] | Note the number and the position of the beauty marks. | 记下这些漂亮符号的数字和位置 |
[08:02] | Yeah, yeah, yeah. | 好 好 好 |
[08:03] | Eyes down here! | 眼睛盯着这里 |
[08:08] | I’m sorry. | 我很抱歉 |
[08:10] | That’s okay. | 没关系 |
[08:11] | Sometimes it’s better to see water slides from a distance. | 有时候在远处看水上滑梯也挺好的 |
[08:14] | You make plans for a perfectly good time, | 都准备好好玩玩了 |
[08:16] | and they go and fix the hole in the fence. | 他们却开始修篱笆的那个洞了 |
[08:18] | I just wish I had the kind of money to buy us tickets. | 要是我有钱买门票就好了 |
[08:20] | I would have lent you the six bucks. | 我可以借你六块钱的 |
[08:22] | Hey, I don’t roll that way. | 嘿 我不要你的钱 |
[08:23] | It’s bad enough I’m letting my little brother buy me dinner tonight. | 让我弟弟给我买晚餐就已经很怂了 |
[08:26] | So what do you want to do until then? | 那在晚餐之前你想做什么 |
[08:28] | We could wrestle. | 我们可以摔跤 |
[08:30] | You want to wrestle for seven hours? | 你想摔跤摔七个小时 |
[08:32] | You in there! Where is my rent? | 你在里面 房租呢 |
[08:34] | Mr. Banner, I can’t open the door right now. | Banner先生 我现在不能开门 |
[08:37] | Bark right now. | 快学狗叫 |
[08:40] | It’s my dog. He’s crazy. | 这是我的狗 他是条疯狗 |
[08:43] | And big. | 还是条大狗 |
[08:55] | So, Greco-Roman or freestyle? | 呼 你想要希腊罗马式还是自由式摔跤 |
[09:01] | Oh, no. No more studying. I need a break. | 噢不 不要再学了 我需要休息一下 |
[09:04] | Reese, what are you doing here?! | Reese 你在这做什么 |
[09:08] | What’s that? | 那是什么 |
[09:09] | Who’s there? | 谁在这 |
[09:13] | Raduca, who is this?! | Raduca 他是谁 |
[09:14] | Um, this is, um, Bela, | 呃 他是 Bela |
[09:16] | and I have known him for many years because… | 我已经认识他很久了 因为 |
[09:22] | he is my brother. | 他是我哥哥 |
[09:25] | I can’t believe you! | 真不敢相信 |
[09:28] | You had your brother in town and don’t tell me?! | 你哥来了你居然没告诉我 |
[09:32] | Get over here! | 快来抱一个 |
[09:44] | Sorry I kept you boys waiting. | 不要意思让你们久等了 |
[09:47] | I thought I had 4:30. | 我以为我预约了四点半呢 |
[09:48] | You told me 4:30 a week ago. | 你一个星期前就告诉我是预约了四点半了 |
[09:50] | Boys, please, it’s my fault. | 别这样 都是我的错 |
[09:52] | I’ve just had so many recruiters calling, | 我接了太多招生员的电话 |
[09:54] | they’ve got me coming and going. | 他们来来去去的我都晕了 |
[09:56] | Tea? | 喝茶吗 |
[09:57] | Waybridge, huh? | 威布里治 呵 |
[09:58] | Guess Nick beat us here. | 我想Nick赢了 |
[10:00] | I just like the color. | 我只是喜欢这颜色罢了 |
[10:01] | It doesn’t mean anything. | 不代表任何立场 |
[10:03] | You know, Grandville has terrific sweaters. | 你知道么 格兰维尔大学有更好的毛衣 |
[10:05] | In fact, we have a collapsible umbrella people love. | 而且 我们有一款人人都爱的折叠式雨伞 |
[10:09] | Please, it’s not about merchandise. | 别这样 这不是为了商品 |
[10:12] | It’s about education. | 这是为了教育 |
[10:14] | Of course, it is easier to study when you’re dry and toasty. | 当然 当你干爽舒适的时候更适合学习 |
[10:18] | You got it. | 说的没错 |
[10:21] | Now… tell me about your respective universities. | 现在呢 给我讲讲你们大学的竞争力 |
[10:24] | At Grandville, the head of our physics department just won a Nobel prize. | 在格兰维尔 我们的物理系主任刚得了诺贝尔奖 |
[10:27] | That’s very impressive. | 那很了不起啊 |
[10:28] | At Euclid, we think it’s about results. | 在欧几里德 我们注重的是最终结局 |
[10:31] | For example, 70% of Euclid graduates take care of their parents in retirement. | 举个例子 百分之七十的毕业生能够解决他们父母的退休金问题 |
[10:36] | Oh, I like that. | 噢 我喜欢这个 |
[10:37] | How can you keep those stats? Do you have no shame? | 你怎么可以扯到这个 太不要脸了 |
[10:40] | Your Nobel prize was shared, okay? | 你那诺贝尔奖是好多人分享的好吗 |
[10:42] | Your cyclotron in underfunded. | 你们的螺旋加速器资金不足 |
[10:43] | How dare you! | 你怎么敢这么说 |
[10:43] | Boys… | 两位 |
[10:46] | Excuse me. | 不要意思 |
[10:48] | Hello. | 你好 |
[10:50] | Oh, um, yes. | 噢 嗯 是的 |
[10:55] | Hi, Barry. Yes, I’ve been thinking about you, too. | 嗨 Barry 是的 我也一直在想你 |
[10:58] | Listen, I can’t talk. | 听着 我现在不方便讲话 |
[10:59] | Is that Barry from Michigan? | 是密歇根大学的Barry吗 |
[11:01] | Well, never you mind who’s here. | 呃 别在意谁在这儿 |
[11:04] | Yes, I got your muffins. | 是的 我收到你的松饼了 |
[11:05] | They were delicious and very thoughtful of you. | 他们很好吃 你费心了 |
[11:08] | Oh, stop! You are relentless. | 噢 别这样送个没完了 |
[11:11] | I hope I didn’t keep you up last night with all that noise. | 我希望昨晚一整夜的吵闹声没吵着你 |
[11:13] | Geez, Reese, I don’t want to hear about your sex life. | 天呐 Reese 我不想听你的性生活 |
[11:15] | What? | 什么 |
[11:16] | No, I was getting the oil stains out of the driveway. | 不是 我是说我昨晚清理车道上的油的声音 |
[11:19] | For your information, marriage isn’t just about sex. | 还有 婚姻可不仅仅是为了性 |
[11:22] | It’s about commitment. | 还有承诺 |
[11:23] | Anyway, you know we can’t have sex until after the waiting period. | 再说了 没过等待期我们还不能有性生活 |
[11:26] | The waiting period? | 等待期 |
[11:28] | Poor, naive Malcolm. | 可怜的天真的Malcolm啊 |
[11:30] | All women, when they get married, | 所有女人在结婚以后 |
[11:32] | require a waiting period of six months to a year. | 都需要半年至一年的等待期 |
[11:35] | You know, if you got your nose out of a book, | 如果你不那么书呆子 |
[11:36] | and started living life a little, you might know these things. | 稍稍注意下现实生活的话 你或许就能明白了 |
[11:38] | Raduca is a delicate flower, | Raduca是一朵雅致的花 |
[11:40] | and it’s going to take some time for her to get used to the idea of being with a man. | 所以要多点时间让她习惯自己的新身份 |
[11:43] | Who’s that? | 那家伙谁啊 |
[11:45] | Her brother Bela. | 她哥Bela |
[11:48] | Doesn’t look much like her. | 看起来不是很像啊 |
[11:50] | Shows how much you know. | 无知了吧 |
[11:51] | I’ve never seen two people closer in my life. | 我从没见过更亲近的兄妹 |
[11:57] | Mom, when Raduca found out I took the food out of your refrigerator, | 妈 当Raduca发现我从你们的冰箱里拿食物后 |
[11:59] | she was pretty upset. | 她大发雷霆 |
[12:01] | She says we shouldn’t be living off you. | 她说我们不该靠你生活 |
[12:02] | Really? | 真的吗 |
[12:04] | I owe you 14 slices of bologna… | 我欠你十四根腊肠 |
[12:08] | a half a liter of soda… | 还有半瓶苏打水 |
[12:14] | Reese, I was against your marriage from the beginning. | Reese 我一开始还反对你的婚姻 |
[12:16] | I thought it was a mistake | 我觉得这是个错误 |
[12:17] | for you to be tied down so early in life. | 看你这么早就绑定下来了 |
[12:19] | But, I see you and Raduca together and, | 但是当我看到你们在一起的时候 |
[12:22] | I must say, I think she’s good for you. | 我不得不说 她很适合你 |
[12:26] | You do? | 真的吗 |
[12:28] | Why are you saying that? | 你为什么这么说 |
[12:29] | Well, I’m giving you my blessing. | 呃 我在祝福你们啊 |
[12:32] | I see what’s happening here. | 我知道你想干什么了 |
[12:33] | You’re using reverse psychology. | 你想利用我的逆反心理 |
[12:36] | It’s not working. | 没用的 |
[12:37] | No, I’m really just saying that I like her, | 不是 我只是说我喜欢那个女孩 |
[12:39] | and I like how you are when you’re with her. | 而且我也喜欢你和她在一起的样子 |
[12:41] | Nice try, Mom, but I’m staying with Raduca. | 想得美 妈 不过我不会和她分开的 |
[12:43] | And I approve. | 我赞同 |
[12:45] | You’d like me to think so, wouldn’t you? | 你就想我这么认为 对吧 |
[12:46] | Yes, I would. | 是的 |
[12:48] | Well, I’m staying with her, Mom. | 好吧 我不会和她分开的 妈 |
[12:49] | Check and mate. | 将你一军 |
[12:53] | Well, if you were worried about today’s activities, you can just relax. | 嘿 你大可不必担心今天的活动 |
[12:57] | My neighbors are on vacation, | 我的邻居去度假了 |
[12:59] | so good-bye, Seelys, hello, cable television. | 所以说 拜拜 可怜虫 欢迎 有线电视 |
[13:04] | I have a better idea. | 我有个更好的主意 |
[13:05] | There’s a job center I thought we could go to. | 这有个求职中心 我觉得我们可以去那看看 |
[13:08] | Oh, I get it. | 噢 我明白了 |
[13:09] | My little bro is worried about me. | 我弟弟开始担心我了 |
[13:11] | Maybe a little. | 可能有一点吧 |
[13:13] | Plus, cable is so overrated. | 再说了 看有线电视有那么兴奋吗 |
[13:15] | Look, Dewey, I know it may seem like I don’t have a lot going on, | 听着 Dewey 我知道我看起来无所事事的 |
[13:18] | but I’ve got plenty of irons in the fire. | 但事实上我有一堆事要忙呢 |
[13:21] | Like my screenplay. | 比如说我的剧本 |
[13:28] | It’s only five pages. | 这就五页 |
[13:29] | They’re probably going to bring in some high-priced rewriter. | 这说不定会吸引一些人出高价改编呢 |
[13:31] | Why should I do his work for him? | 我干嘛要做别人的活啊 |
[13:34] | Do you have any other irons? | 你还有其他事吗 |
[13:35] | Look, I know it’s tough to break into Hollywood. | 听着 我知道要打进好莱坞不容易 |
[13:38] | I’d be pretty stupid to rest everything on that. | 所以我没傻到把所有鸡蛋放一个篮子里 |
[13:40] | That’s why I’m training a possum. | 我还在训练一只负鼠 |
[13:42] | To do what? | 用来干吗 |
[13:43] | Dial a phone, hop on one foot, walk like John Wayne… | 打电话 单脚跳 或者像John Wayne那样走路 |
[13:46] | Stuff that people who visit roadside circuses like to see. | 做那些人们愿意花钱到路边马戏团去看的动作 |
[13:49] | So, does that put your mind at ease? | 这样说能让你放心了吗 |
[13:52] | Francis, you have to get a life. | Francis 你得好好过日子了 |
[13:54] | I have a life. | 我在过日子啊 |
[13:56] | I’ve got my hobbies, my bus bench, | 我有兴趣爱好 有我的巴士椅子 |
[13:58] | the guys at the apartment pool. | 有那个在公寓泳池的那家伙 |
[14:00] | I’m only 12, and I can see that this is a dead end. | 我个12岁的小毛孩都知道这样不会有好结果 |
[14:03] | So you know what I should do better than I do. | 所以你觉得你懂的比我更多咯 |
[14:06] | You’re just like Mom. | 你就跟老妈一样 |
[14:08] | Maybe Mom has a point. | 也许老妈是对的 |
[14:09] | Maybe just hanging out by the pool | 也许在泳池边瞎晃悠 |
[14:10] | isn’t going to be the stepping-stone you’re hoping for. | 不会成为你想要的生活的垫脚石 |
[14:13] | You never supported me! | 你从来都不支持我 |
[14:14] | All I’m saying is jobs don’t just drop out of the sky. | 我只是想说天上不会掉馅饼的 |
[14:16] | I hate you! | 我恨你 |
[14:20] | Fighting Irish or Golden Gophers? | 爱尔兰斗士还是黄金地鼠 |
[14:20] | 爱尔兰斗士 诺特丹大学橄榄球队 标志颜色为蓝色金色 黄金地鼠 明尼苏达大学橄榄球队 标志颜色为红色黄色 | |
[14:24] | Blue and gold. | 就蓝色和金色吧 |
[14:25] | Dad, I’m sorry. | 老爸 不好意思 |
[14:27] | I know we fought about this, | 我知道我们吵过一架 |
[14:28] | but, the truth is I’m actually glad you kept those college guys off my back. | 但是事实上 我很高兴你帮我找备案 |
[14:32] | Well, son, it hasn’t been easy. | 孩子 这并不容易 |
[14:35] | Today I’ve got two lunches, a coffee… | 今天有人请了我两顿午餐 一杯咖啡 |
[14:39] | Oh! And I’m going bowling with a guy from Yale. | 噢 我还要和那个耶鲁的家伙打保龄球 |
[14:42] | Thanks to you, I was able to clear my head and make my decision. | 多亏你 我终于冷静下来做好决定了 |
[14:45] | No, you haven’t. | 你没吧 |
[14:46] | I have a lobster dinner next Tuesday. | 我下周二还有个龙虾大餐呢 |
[14:48] | I’ve decided to go to Harvard. | 我已经决定去哈佛了 |
[14:51] | Harvard? | 哈佛 |
[14:52] | I waited at that frozen yogurt shop for two hours, | 我在那个速冻酸奶店等了两个小时 |
[14:55] | and he never showed! | 他都没有出现 |
[14:56] | I just wrote a letter of early acceptance. I’m mailing it today. | 我刚写了一份接受信 我打算今天寄出去 |
[14:59] | They can accept me as early as tomorrow, and all this will stop. | 他们明天把我收了 这所有的一切都可以停止了 |
[15:03] | Stop? | 停止 |
[15:03] | Thanks again, Dad. | 总之多谢你了 老爸 |
[15:04] | It’s a big relief to me. | 真是松了一口气 |
[15:06] | Harvard? | 哈佛 |
[15:09] | You’re destroying your life! | 你这是自毁前程 |
[15:12] | Sorry, Francis. | 抱歉 Francis |
[15:13] | I guess visiting wasn’t such a great idea. | 我想登门拜访不是什么好主意 |
[15:17] | Thanks for trying to show me a good time. | 感谢你做的一切 |
[15:22] | I only need bus fare to get home, so I’m leaving you the rest. | 我只要回家的车费 剩下的钱都留给你了 |
[15:32] | Good-bye, Francis. | 再见了 Francis |
[15:34] | Wait. | 等一下 |
[15:39] | Francis, you look great. | Francis 你看起来帅呆了 |
[15:41] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[15:42] | I realized you were right. | 我觉得你说的对 |
[15:44] | For some reason, | 出于某些理由 |
[15:44] | I’sitting around waiting for my life to start happening. | 我还在等待我的生活能有崭新的开始 |
[15:47] | I know that it’s childish amd immature of me to think | 我知道成天想着不劳而获 |
[15:50] | that some job is just going to fall out of the sky. | 很幼稚很不成熟 |
[15:56] | Hey, man, what’s up? | 嘿 伙计 最近如何 |
[15:56] | Francis, you’re never going to believe this! Hey. | Francis 你绝对不会相信这个的 嘿 |
[16:00] | Remember how you were always telling us to “Rock on”? | 记得你一直告诉我们要”摇滚”起来 |
[16:02] | Yeah, Travis. Rock on. | 是的 Travis 摇滚起来 |
[16:04] | That’s what we did! | 这就是我们所做的 |
[16:05] | And now they signed my band, Ass Bandit, to a record contract. | 现在他们签下了我们的乐队 盗臀侠 |
[16:08] | We actually have a song on the radio, | 电台上还真在放我们的歌 |
[16:10] | and we were wondering if you wanted to manage us. | 然后我们在想你能不能做我们的经纪人 |
[16:13] | Really? | 真的吗 |
[16:14] | Yeah, man! You were always there for us, | 当然啦 你一直支持我们 |
[16:16] | borrowing our money so we couldn’t get wasted on beer, | 借走我们的钱免得我们花在啤酒上 |
[16:18] | taking our car so we’d be stuck here and have to practice all the time, | 开走我们的车好让我们一直在这练歌 |
[16:21] | and it totally paid off. | 现在终于有所回报了 |
[16:23] | Now we are going to tour Europe! | 现在我们想着去周游欧洲 |
[16:25] | You got to come with us, Francis. | 你得和我们一起去啊 Francis |
[16:27] | All you got to do is make sure the hotel rooms kick ass and the chicks are hot. | 你要做的事就是确保酒店够好 妹子够辣 |
[16:31] | I don’t know… | 我不知道诶 |
[16:32] | Sounds like a lot of traveling. | 听起来有好多旅游的样子 |
[16:35] | Aw, what the hell? | 呐 管他呢 |
[16:36] | I’ll do it. | 我答应 |
[16:46] | Tawny port. | 陈年波特酒 |
[16:48] | I want this to be a night to remember. | 我想要这是个值得回忆的夜晚 |
[16:49] | I think it could be. | 我看行 |
[16:52] | Malcolm told me that | Malcolm告诉我说 |
[16:53] | he was very excited about Bagley-Owens University. | 他很期待巴格利欧文斯大学呢 |
[16:56] | Well, we’re very excited about Malcolm. | 我们也很期待Malcolm呢 |
[17:00] | Are you really? | 你确定吗 |
[17:02] | Well, perhaps this will convince you. | 或许这个能够让你信服 |
[17:07] | Oh, Vince… | 噢 Vince |
[17:11] | I don’t know what to say. | 我都不知道说什么好了 |
[17:12] | Just say, “Yes, Malcolm will be going to Bagley next fall.” | 说”好的 明年秋天Malcolm就会去你们大学” |
[17:24] | I’m such a mess, I can’t even get it on my finger. | 我快要晕倒了 简直不能把它戴到手上了 |
[17:26] | Let me help. | 我来帮你吧 |
[17:29] | Dad… | 老爸 |
[17:30] | Malcolm, what are you doing here? | Malcolm 你怎么在这 |
[17:32] | What was my letter of intent to Harvard doing in your secret money drawer? | 为什么我打算送去哈佛的信会在你的小金库里 |
[17:36] | Harvard? | 哈佛 |
[17:38] | Is this true, Hal? | 这是真的吗 Hal |
[17:39] | You’re damn right it is! | 没错 |
[17:40] | I think this dinner’s over. | 我觉得这个晚宴可以结束了 |
[17:42] | – Vince, I can explain. – I don’t want to hear it. | – Vince 听我解释 – 我不要听 |
[17:50] | Good-bye, Vince. | 再见了 Vince |
[17:56] | This is my decision. | 这是我的决定 |
[17:59] | My future. | 我的未来 |
[18:00] | You’re a kid. | 你只是个孩子 |
[18:01] | You could change your mind. You just needed a cooling-off period. | 你会改变想法的 只要冷静地想想 |
[18:04] | I almost married a Mexican woman two weeks before I married your mother. | 我在娶你妈的两周前 差点娶了个墨西哥人 |
[18:09] | What are you doing? | 你在做什么 |
[18:10] | You’re mortgaging my future for some dinners and a few sweaters? | 你为了几件毛衣和晚餐就出卖了我的未来 |
[18:14] | I got other stuff: ponchos, seat cushions… | 我还收到其他东西 雨衣啊 座垫啊 |
[18:18] | All right, I was going to let you make the final decision, | 好吧 我本打算让你做最后决定的 |
[18:26] | I just liked the attention. | 我只是喜欢被追捧 |
[18:28] | No,no… I loved the attention. | 不不 我爱死被追捧了 |
[18:32] | If I was a woman, I’d be a slut. | 如果我是个女人 我一定是个婊子 |
[18:36] | You were just leading all these guys on. | 你是在误导那些人 |
[18:37] | I know. | 我知道 |
[18:39] | It’s just… | 只是 |
[18:44] | Malcolm, I’m an average guy, in the middle of my life, | Malcolm 我是个平凡的中年人 |
[18:47] | in a job that can replace me in an hour. | 我干的工作根本就无关紧要 |
[18:50] | I was never an important man. | 我从不是什么重要人物 |
[18:53] | You’re the only important thing I’ve ever done. | 你是我做过的最重要的事 |
[18:58] | Oh, God! | 噢 天呐 |
[19:02] | Don’t feel bad, Dad. | 别感到难过 老爸 |
[19:04] | You raised me. | 你把我养大了 |
[19:05] | You deserve the attention. | 你值得被追捧 |
[19:06] | No! | 不 |
[19:08] | Vince left the check. | Vince走的时候没付钱 |
[19:15] | Reese, what’s wrong? | Reese 怎么了 |
[19:16] | I got the results of our green card test in this envelope. | 我收到这信封里的绿卡考试的结果了 |
[19:19] | But I just can’t open it! | 但是我不敢打开它 |
[19:20] | I know I didn’t pass. I totally panicked. | 我知道我肯定没过 我完全慌神了 |
[19:22] | Oh, Reese, don’t be silly. | 噢 Reese 别傻了 |
[19:25] | These tests are for people | 这些考试 |
[19:26] | who aren’t living together. Who aren’t in love. | 是给那些不生活在一起 不爱彼此的人的 |
[19:29] | You have a real marriage. This is no problem. | 你有真正的婚姻 没问题的 |
[19:32] | – But, Mom, what if I…? – You’ll be fine. | – 可是 妈 如果说 – 你会没事的 |
[19:34] | This is a mother’s promise to her son. | 这是一个母亲对她儿子的承诺 |
[19:43] | Oh, wow, Reese. I’m so, so sorry. | 噢 哇哦 Reese 我很抱歉 |
[19:46] | Quit stalling! How did I do? | 别磨叽了 我该怎么办 |
[19:49] | The INS is denying Raduca’s request for a green card. | 移民局否决了Raduca绿卡的申请 |
[19:53] | They’re questioning the validity of your marriage. | 他们质疑你们婚姻的稳固性 |
[19:55] | They want her to report to their office tomorrow. | 他们要她明天去办公室报到 |
[19:58] | You said Raduca had a tail? | 你说Raduca有根尾巴 |
[20:00] | Might have a tail! | 可能有根尾巴 |
[20:01] | I don’t know what the hell is going on back there! I was nervous. | 我不知道当时是怎么样的 我太紧张了 |
[20:04] | Reese, I feel just terrible. | Reese 我很抱歉 |
[20:06] | That’s it. | 完了 |
[20:07] | It’s the end of my marriage. | 我的婚姻要结束了 |
[20:09] | The one thing that was going right in my life is ruined. | 我生命中唯一一件正确的事要被毁了 |
[20:11] | No, Reese. Nothing is ruined. | 不 Reese 没有什么要被毁了 |
[20:13] | If you love this girl, | 如果你深爱这个女人 |
[20:14] | you’ll find a way to overcome this obstacle. | 你就得想办法克服障碍 |
[20:16] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[20:17] | Remember when I told you you couldn’t keep that tarantula? | 还记得当初我告诉你说不能养那个狼蛛吗 |
[20:20] | Six months later, what did I find in my salad? | 六个月以后 我在沙拉里发现了什么 |
[20:24] | My tarantula. | 我的狼蛛 |
[20:25] | You hung onto it because you loved it. | 你锲而不舍是出于爱 |
[20:27] | And you love Raduca. | 而你爱Raduca |
[20:29] | We are not going to let the united States government smash her with a shoe. | 我们不会眼睁睁地让美国政府抄起鞋子拍死她的 |
[20:32] | Come on. | 精神点 |
[20:33] | Let’s go tell her we’ll figure out a way to work this thing out. | 我们去告诉她一定会有办法的 |
[20:43] | Oh, my God! | 噢 天呐 |
[20:44] | How come your brother doesn’t have a waiting period?! | 为什么你哥没有等待期 |
[20:51] | Dewey, I just got off the phone with your English teacher. | Dewey 我刚刚接了你们英语老师的电话 |
[20:53] | She said you got an “F” On your paper. | 她说你的英语作文得了F |
[20:56] | An “F”! | F啊 |
[20:57] | You keep this up, you’ll fail the class, | 你要是一直这么做 你会留级的 |
[20:59] | which will go on your record, | 要记录档案的 |
[21:00] | which will determine where you are placed in high school | 会决定你以后去哪所高中 |
[21:02] | and where you will go to college, if anywhere. | 哪所大学 如果有大学要你的话 |
[21:04] | Don’t go to college. | 别去上什么大学了 |
[21:05] | It’s okay with me. | 我无所谓 |
[21:09] | How do you think you’re going to make your way in the world? | 你觉得你以后要怎么生活 |
[21:11] | You don’t get it, Mom. | 你不明白 老妈 |
[21:12] | Things take care of themselves. | 事情总会自己解决的 |
[21:16] | Rock on. | 摇滚起来吧 |