时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:01] | We are not stopping until we find that smell. | 我们一定要搞清楚 那股味道到底是从哪来的 |
[00:04] | Check out that black thing. | 看看那块不明黑色物体 |
[00:08] | Was that even food? | 这居然是食物吗 |
[00:09] | I believe it was cheese at one time. | 它可能曾是一块奶酪吧 |
[00:14] | No, that’s not it. | 不 不是这个 |
[00:23] | – Nope. -No. | – 不是 – 不是 |
[00:25] | Hey, what about that? | 嘿 那个呢 |
[00:30] | Oh, God! | 噢 天哪 |
[00:32] | Isn’t that the school rat | 这不是去年夏天 |
[00:33] | that Dewey was taking care of last summer? | Dewey从学校带回来照顾的那只老鼠么 |
[00:41] | No, that’s not it. | 不 不是这个的味道 |
[01:19] | No, no, no, don’t hang up. We’ve almost made our decision. | 不 不 不 不要挂 我们马上就决定了 |
[01:21] | I get three meat toppings for the price of one! | 我要用一份的钱买三份量的肉酱 |
[01:23] | No, no! Buy two pizzas, get one free! | 不 不 买两个披萨 买一送一 |
[01:25] | That’s two free cheese pizzas! | 那是两个免费的奶酪披萨 |
[01:27] | I’d rather eat vomit! | 我宁愿吃呕吐物 |
[01:29] | The prospect of a deal sends this family into a frenzy. | 一到点外卖的时候家里就炸开锅了 |
[01:31] | When you throw in pizza, | 他们争论吃什么披萨的时候 |
[01:32] | they need me to keep from totally losing perspective. | 完全不理会我 |
[01:35] | Shut up, everyone! | 每个人都闭嘴 |
[01:36] | Just shut up! | 闭嘴 |
[01:36] | If we’re not having deep-dish, then I swear | 如果今晚吃不上深盘披萨 我发誓 |
[01:38] | I will tear up these “Free cheesy bread” Coupons right now! | 我会马上撕掉这些”免费奶酪面包”的优惠劵 |
[01:41] | Damn your cheesy bread! I need toppings! | 去你的奶酪蛋糕 我要吃肉酱 |
[01:43] | Why don’t we just get the stuffed crust special? | 为什么不直接点特制芝心披萨 |
[01:45] | And lose my free bucket of soda? Are you insane?! | 那就没有免费汽水了 你疯了吗 |
[01:47] | Now, listen, Dennis, I’m a reasonable man, | 听着 Dennis 我是个通情达理的人 |
[01:49] | but I can’t go back to my family | 但是我不能和我的家人 |
[01:50] | with a lot of lawyer talk about coupon expiration dates. | 说一堆关于优惠劵到期时间的法律术语 |
[01:53] | So why don’t we just reduce the two three-fers to two-fers? | 不如直接把两个三人套餐改成两人套餐 |
[01:56] | Five toppings on each, and | 每个加五种馅料 |
[01:57] | we’ll just grandfather in the wacky wings, okay? | 怪味鸡翅就不要了 怎么样 |
[01:59] | No, no, hold on, hold on. | 不 不 你等一会 等一会 |
[02:00] | This call-waiting guy will not take a hint! | 哪个白痴居然现在打电话来 |
[02:02] | Hello. I can’t talk right now. I… | 你好 我现在不方便说话 我 |
[02:04] | Yes. | 是的 |
[02:07] | What? | 什么 |
[02:08] | Dad, come on, you’re gonna lose those wings! | 老爸 快点 鸡翅要没了 |
[02:13] | What? | 什么 |
[02:16] | My father died. | 我爸去世了 |
[02:23] | It was weird going to Grandpa’s funeral. | 去参加爷爷的葬礼太奇怪了 |
[02:25] | We hardly even knew we had a grandpa, and now we don’t. | 我们甚至都不知道他的存在 现在他也不存在了 |
[02:28] | Reese is taking it really hard. | Reese很难接受这件事 |
[02:30] | Why! Why! | 为什么 为什么 |
[02:32] | Why couldn’t he die before he lost all his money? | 为什么他在死前把钱都花光了呢 |
[02:40] | You okay? | 你还好吗 |
[02:41] | – yes, I’m fine. – Are you sure? | – 嗯 很好啊 – 真的吗 |
[02:46] | It seems a little weird that the second you come home from your father’s funeral, | 从葬礼回来后 你就一直怪怪的 |
[02:49] | you turn on Sports Bloopers. | 都开始看运动出错镜头集锦了 |
[02:52] | Hey. | 干嘛 |
[02:53] | Hal… It is not healthy to keep all this bottled up. | Hal 把事情藏在心里对身体不好 |
[02:56] | I agree. | 我同意 |
[02:57] | I just don’t have anything to unbottle. | 但我没隐瞒什么事情 |
[03:00] | I mean, I thought I’d cry when I saw him in the box. | 我以为我看见他躺在棺材里我会哭 |
[03:04] | I thought I’d cry when they closed it. | 我以为他们关上棺材盖时我会哭 |
[03:05] | I thought I’d cry when they put | 我以为当棺材入土 |
[03:06] | it in the ground and I threw dirt on him, but… | 我把泥土撒上去时我会哭 但是 |
[03:10] | nothing. | 我没哭 |
[03:11] | Actually, I did get a little misty | 其实 在经过另一个葬礼的时候 |
[03:13] | listening to the funeral we passed on the way out. | 我好像依稀听到了一些事情 |
[03:15] | Do you know that man was the | 你知道那个男人 |
[03:17] | shoeshine guy on the same corner for 40 years? | 就是那个在同一个街角擦了四十年皮鞋的家伙吗 |
[03:20] | Hal. You don’t have to be brave. | Hal 你不需要装出坚强 |
[03:23] | I’m not. | 我没有 |
[03:24] | You know me. | 你懂我的 |
[03:26] | I cried at that movie about the boxing wallaby. | 我看那部拳击袋鼠的电影就哭了 |
[03:28] | I remember. | 我记得 |
[03:30] | I think I’m not feeling anything | 我想我没什么感觉 |
[03:31] | because I never really had a relationship with him. | 是因为我从没和他建立真正的感情 |
[03:34] | I mean, I suppose he knew my name, | 我是说 他知道我的名字 |
[03:35] | but he’d always just call me “Buddy.” | 但是他一直叫我”兄弟” |
[03:37] | Oh, Hal. | 喔 Hal |
[03:38] | So, now a relationship that | 好了 现在这段关系 |
[03:40] | was totally meaningless and trivial is over. | 彻底无意义了 结束了 |
[03:45] | It’s hard to get too upset. | 没什么值得伤心的 |
[03:51] | Hey, Lois. I’m returning the Newsweek you lent me on Y2K. | Lois 我来还你2000年借我的新闻周刊 |
[03:55] | It’s okay, Abe. Hal’s asleep. | 没关系 Abe Hal在睡觉 |
[03:58] | Good. | 太好了 |
[03:58] | How’s he doing? | 他现在怎么样 |
[03:59] | Well, he seems to be doing fine, but he can’t be. | 看上去很好 但是他不可能没事 |
[04:01] | His father just died. | 他的亲爹去世了 |
[04:02] | He got more upset when his transmission gave out. | 还比不上电视没信号的时候难过 |
[04:05] | Well, he did just have it rebuilt. | 他确实是才修好的信号线 |
[04:07] | But I know what you’re saying. | 但是我懂你的意思 |
[04:09] | Sounds like he needs to talk to someone. | 看来他需要和别人谈谈 |
[04:11] | Abe, thank you! I know he respects you. | Abe 谢谢 我知道他很尊敬你 |
[04:13] | Not me. I don’t want to see him cry. | 不是我 我不想看见他哭 |
[04:16] | He needs to talk to a professional. | 他需要和专业人士谈谈 |
[04:18] | A therapist? | 心理医生 |
[04:19] | No, a professional actor. | 不 是专业演员 |
[04:21] | I suggest William Shatner, TV’s Captain Kirk. | 我推荐William Shatner 柯克船长 |
[04:25] | What? | 什么 |
[04:25] | That’s who I turn to in a time of need. | 他是我在困境求助的人 |
[04:27] | Lois Lois… | |
[04:28] | There’s this wonderful service | 那有个很棒的服务 |
[04:30] | where they hook up ordinary people with celebrities. | 他们让普通人结识名人 |
[04:34] | You pay a fee, and you get a phone call | 你付一点钱 你就会接到 |
[04:36] | from your choice of participating TV or movie stars. | 你选择的电视或电影明星的电话 |
[04:40] | Well, mostly TV stars. | 好吧 大多是电视明星 |
[04:42] | And you think this is something Hal would want? | 你觉得这是Hal需要的 |
[04:44] | Absolutely! He’s a huge fan of classic Trek. | 当然了 他可是星际迷航的忠实粉丝 |
[04:48] | It’s not something you share with your wife. | 这种事不能和自己的妻子分享 |
[04:51] | Lois, believe me, I don’t think I | Lois 相信我 |
[04:53] | would’ve gotten through my social anxiety disorder | 如果我没和Agent Mulder探员彻夜长谈 |
[04:55] | without a few late-night discussions with Agent Mulder. | 我的社交焦虑症根本不会好 |
[04:59] | It turns out the truth was right in here. | 结果是 真相就在你心中 |
[05:04] | Apparently, Shatner’s not available. | 看来Shatner没空 |
[05:06] | He’s being knighted. | 他在接受爵位 |
[05:07] | Well, thanks for trying, Abe. | 谢谢你的好意 Abe |
[05:09] | Oh, it’s not over yet. | 噢 还远远没有结束 |
[05:10] | I am not going to rest until | 我绝不会放弃 |
[05:12] | a classic TV star puts Hal’s spirit at ease. | 除非找到一名经典的电视明星让Hal精神放松下来 |
[05:34] | I know you didn’t love him, | 我知道你们不爱他 |
[05:36] | but this is a funeral. Don’t you care? | 但这是个葬礼 你们没有一点在意吗 |
[05:39] | You kidding? | 开什么玩笑 |
[05:39] | About this guy? | 在意这个家伙 |
[05:40] | We weren’t even close. | 我们甚至都不熟 |
[05:46] | Check it out. | 来看这个 |
[05:48] | Now I’m happy. | 我现在很开心 |
[05:49] | Now I’m sad. | 我现在很难过 |
[05:51] | Oh, now I’m happy. | 我现在很开心 |
[05:53] | Boo-hoo, now I’m… | 呜呜 我现在 |
[05:54] | sad… | 很难过 |
[05:56] | Hey, dead guy, why are you hitting yourself? | 死老头 你为什么要自己打自己 |
[05:59] | Who knew we could have fun with Dad? | 谁会想到我们会和爸爸玩的这么开心 |
[06:02] | That’s who that is? | 这是爸爸吗 |
[06:03] | I thought it was, like, a math teacher or something. | 我还以为是数学老师什么的 |
[06:05] | Why aren’t you sad? | 为什么你们不伤心 |
[06:07] | Why aren’t you throwing yourselves | 为什么你们不跳进棺材 |
[06:08] | on my coffin and begging to be buried instead of me? | 向上天祈求替我而死 |
[06:13] | Are you guys feeling as little as I am? | 你俩是不是也和我一样没感觉 |
[06:15] | I felt sadder when my wart fell off. | 我钱包掉了我会更伤心 |
[06:17] | I guess he just didn’t make | 我想是因为 |
[06:18] | much of an impression on us when he was alive. | 他活着的时候没给我们留下什么印象吧 |
[06:23] | Boys… | 孩子们 |
[06:24] | Boys, don’t go. | 孩子们 别走 |
[06:29] | Dewey, you always loved me. | Dewey 你一直是爱我的 |
[06:37] | No, boys! | 不要 孩子们 |
[06:39] | Don’t you miss me? | 你们不想我么 |
[06:41] | I miss me. | 我想我自己 |
[06:58] | Wake up, boys! You don’t want breakfast to melt! | 起床了 孩子们 别让早餐融化了 |
[07:01] | Ice cream? | 冰淇淋 |
[07:02] | Last time I checked, you can’t have a sundae bar without it. | 是啊 没有冰淇淋怎么能叫圣代呢 |
[07:06] | Wake up, Malcolm. | 起床了 Malcolm |
[07:12] | Dad… it’s 5:00 in the morning. | 爸 现在是早上五点 |
[07:14] | Well, I couldn’t sleep until my sons are as happy as I can make them. | 要不能尽力让我的儿子开心 我怎么能睡着呢 |
[07:17] | Today’s special, every scoop comes with a hug! | 今日特餐 吃一勺送一个拥抱 |
[07:22] | And it doesn’t stop here. | 还不止这些 |
[07:23] | We’ve got a full day of pick-up | 我们有一整天 |
[07:24] | basketball in the park, a barbecue, more ice cream, | 在公园打篮球 烧烤 更多的冰淇淋 |
[07:28] | then I thought we’d take a nap underneath a tree, and then catch fireflies. | 然后我们可以在大树下打个盹 抓抓萤火虫 |
[07:31] | What about school? | 那学校呢 |
[07:32] | I’ve got that covered. | 我已经搞定了 |
[07:33] | Please excuse my son. He has… the flu… | 请原谅我的儿子 他得了流感 |
[07:35] | explosive diarrhea… | 腹泻 |
[07:37] | a rare bone disease… | 一种罕见的骨科疾病 |
[07:38] | We may have to get you a cane. | 我们得给你弄根拐杖 |
[07:40] | Cool! | 酷 |
[07:41] | Does Mom know? | 妈妈知道吗 |
[07:41] | Please, will you let me worry about your mom, okay? | 拜托 你们觉得我会怕你们的老妈么 |
[07:45] | Seriously, though, don’t tell her. | 但是说真的 别告诉她 |
[07:46] | Now, | 现在 |
[07:47] | who wants a ride on top of the car? | 谁想坐在车顶 |
[07:49] | Abe, I appreciate what you’re trying to do, but I’m not sure… | Abe 我很感谢你做的努力 但是我不确定 |
[07:51] | Lois, do you know what it | Lois 你知道 |
[07:52] | cost me to get Leonard Nimoy’s private number? | 我花了多少钱才搞到Leonard Nimoy的电话号码么 |
[07:54] | Ferengi noses don’t grow on trees. | 佛瑞吉人的鼻子可不是白长的 |
[07:56] | – Let’s just… – It’s ringing! | – 我们就 – 接通了 |
[07:59] | Hello? | 你好 |
[08:00] | Mr. Nimoy? | Nimoy先生吗 |
[08:01] | This is he. | 我是 |
[08:03] | We apologize for disturbing an important man like yourself. | 我们很抱歉打扰像您这么重要的人 |
[08:07] | But my friend’s father just died, | 但是我朋友的父亲刚刚过世了 |
[08:10] | and he could use some sage advice from | 他或许需要一些明智的建议 |
[08:12] | a learned actor- director-poet-photographer-vocalist. | 来自资深的演员 导演 诗人 摄影师 播音员 |
[08:16] | I’m sorry, but in Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan, | 我很抱歉 但是在<星际迷航2:可汗怒吼>中 |
[08:19] | was Ricardo Montalban the gentlemen he seems to be? | Ricardo Montalban真的和看起来一样绅士么 |
[08:22] | Because a little birdy told me… | 因为有人告诉我 |
[08:24] | Abe Abe! | |
[08:24] | I’d be happy to help your friend. | 我很乐意帮助你的朋友 |
[08:26] | It’s very sad when a man loses his father. | 一个男人失去了父亲是很难过的 |
[08:29] | I’ve been through loss myself. | 我自己也经历过 |
[08:31] | Oh, that’s very kind of you, Mr. Nimoy. | 你真是太好了 Nimoy先生 |
[08:34] | I’m his wife. | 我是他的妻子 |
[08:36] | So will this be charged to your credit card? | 所以你是用信用卡支付吗 |
[08:39] | What? | 什么 |
[08:40] | Well, that’s eight dollars | Nimoy的话一分钟八美元 |
[08:41] | a minute for the Nimoy, and for another five, | 如果加五美元 |
[08:43] | I’ll leave an outgoing message on your answering machine as… | 我会在你的答录机上留言 像这样 |
[08:45] | Mr. Bob Hope! | Bob Hope先生 |
[08:47] | How about that Brooke Shields? She’s got legs | Brooke Shields怎么样 我得告诉你 |
[08:48] | that go all the way down to the ground that I’ve got to tell you… | 她那双美腿简直太棒了 |
[08:51] | Nimoy’s Bob Hope is great. | Nimoy扮的Bob Hope很像 |
[08:53] | Is there nothing the man can’t do? | 有什么事是这个人做不到的吗 |
[09:00] | Hey. | 嗨 |
[09:01] | You doing okay? | 你还好么 |
[09:02] | Oh, yeah, you know, I’ll drop the kids off at school, | 是的 我会送孩子们上学 |
[09:04] | maybe look through a photo album. | 或许会看看相册 |
[09:06] | Well, that’s what bereavement days are for. | 亲人去世的日子就是这样的 |
[09:09] | I love you. | 我爱你 |
[09:10] | I love you, too. | 我也爱你 |
[09:21] | Okay. | 好了 |
[09:23] | I’ve got clear shot to the refrigerator. | 我要射中冰箱 |
[09:25] | Who’s gonna stop me? | 谁来阻挡我 |
[09:29] | Nice. | 太棒了 |
[10:07] | Pudding! | 是布丁 |
[10:20] | It’s your mother! | 是你们妈妈 |
[10:22] | Hurry up. | 快点 |
[10:28] | Oh, hi, honey. | 嗨 亲爱的 |
[10:31] | God, I hate school. | 天哪 我讨厌上学 |
[10:33] | What’s to eat in this dump? | 有什么吃的 |
[10:37] | Good night, boys. | 晚安 孩子们 |
[10:38] | Good night, Dad. | 晚安 老爸 |
[10:39] | What a day. | 多棒的一天 |
[10:39] | Memorable, huh? | 值得纪念啊 |
[10:41] | And if you thought today was fun, | 如果你们觉得今天很有趣 |
[10:42] | tomorrow’s gonna make it look like garbage. | 和明天相比 今天就是垃圾 |
[10:46] | Quick question. | 顺便问问 |
[10:47] | If I died in my sleep tonight, who’d be sad? | 如果今晚我死了 你们谁会难过 |
[10:50] | – I would! – Me! Me! | – 我会 – 我 我会 |
[10:53] | Sure. Of course we’d be sad. | 当然 我们都会难过 |
[10:55] | You boys have just earned some’ smores. | 你们都获得了巧克力饼干 |
[10:56] | Back in a jiff. | 马上回来 |
[10:59] | Wait, Dad. | 等一下 老爸 |
[11:01] | You don’t have to do this. | 你不必这么做 |
[11:03] | I think I know what’s going on. | 我大概知道是怎么回事了 |
[11:04] | If you want to talk about stuff… | 如果你想谈谈 |
[11:06] | Malcolm, all I’m interested in right now | Malcolm 我现在想做的 |
[11:08] | is filling your bellies with marshmallowy goodness. | 就是用一些棉花糖填满你们的肚子 |
[11:11] | – But, Dad… – Don’t worry. | – 但是 老爸 – 别担心 |
[11:12] | I’ll make yours double thick. | 我会给你双份的 |
[11:15] | This is so awesome. | 这太棒了 |
[11:17] | Yeah. I don’t know what alien worm | 是啊 我不知道什么外星蠕虫 |
[11:18] | burrowed into Dad’s brain, but I’d like to shake its hand. | 进入了老爸的脑子 但是我想和它握手 |
[11:21] | Don’t you guys see what’s going on? | 你们都看到刚刚发生的事了么 |
[11:23] | This is all because of Grandpa. | 这都是因为爷爷 |
[11:24] | Ever since he died, Dad’s been | 自从他去世后 |
[11:25] | feeling bad because he doesn’t miss him enough. | 老爸一直感觉很糟 因为他不够想念爷爷 |
[11:27] | So now he’s trying to compensate by bonding with us. | 所以他试图和我们增进感情加以弥补 |
[11:29] | That’s just a lot of fancy language for all-you-can-eat smores. | 这只是一些类似于给你们巧克力饼干之类的话 |
[11:32] | This isn’t fun and games, Reese. | 这不是玩笑或游戏 Reese |
[11:34] | He’s got a real emotional problem. | 他真的有情感问题 |
[11:39] | You think Dad could really be doing this to buy our love? | 你觉得老爸这样做是想买到我们的爱吗 |
[11:41] | I guess. | 我觉得是 |
[11:44] | I say we squeeze him for all he’s got. | 那让我们把老爸榨光吧 |
[11:46] | It’s the least we could do for him. | 这是我们最起码能帮到他的 |
[11:56] | Where’s Dad? | 老爸在哪儿 |
[11:57] | It was weird. | 真奇怪 |
[11:59] | I got up early this morning | 我今天早上起来 |
[12:00] | and found him sitting at the kitchen table | 看见他坐在餐桌边 |
[12:01] | looking at a picture of him | 在看他和爷爷的照片 |
[12:02] | and Grandpa with this peaceful smile on his face. | 脸上带着平静的微笑 |
[12:04] | Really? | 真的吗 |
[12:05] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[12:05] | Then he said he really worked some things out last night. | 他说他昨天晚上想通了 |
[12:07] | And then he just took off for work. | 然后他就出门上班了 |
[12:10] | Hey, get your greedy mitts off my lunch! | 把你贪婪的爪子从我的午餐上拿开 |
[12:12] | I was just moving it to get to my lunch. | 我只是把它挪开 去拿自己的午餐 |
[12:15] | What lunch? | 什么午餐 |
[12:16] | Later. | 晚点见 |
[12:18] | Oh, God. | 天哪 |
[12:19] | Get off me. | 放开我 |
[12:26] | Found you! | 找到你了 |
[12:28] | Well, you have to admit it was a pretty good hiding place. | 你得承认这可是个藏身的好地方 |
[12:30] | I was in there for over an hour. | 我在那儿呆了一个多小时了 |
[12:32] | I helped. | 我有帮忙哦 |
[12:33] | And you should share the prize. | 那你应该分享奖赏 |
[12:35] | Hey, where’s Malcolm? | Malcolm在哪儿 |
[12:36] | He had to go to school. | 他要去上学 |
[12:37] | Yeah, he said this was stupid. | 是啊 他说这样很傻 |
[12:38] | Too bad. I guess he misses out on Motocross! | 太不幸了 他错过了摩托车越野赛 |
[12:42] | Sweet! | 太好了 |
[12:45] | I mean, | 我是说 |
[12:46] | I guess it’s okay. | 我觉得一般 |
[12:47] | Come on. It’ll be better than yesterday. | 拜托 这肯定比昨天好 |
[12:50] | What was yesterday? | 昨天做了什么 |
[12:51] | I can’t quite remember. Can you, Dewey? | 我记不太清了 你记得吗Dewey |
[12:53] | I knocked you into pudding. | 我把你扔进了布丁里 |
[12:57] | I guess the problem with memories is that they fade. | 我想问题在于记忆会消退 |
[12:59] | Especially in the minds of young people | 特别是对于年轻人 |
[13:00] | that are scrambled with video games and death metal. | 我们脑子里都塞满了电子游戏和死亡金属 |
[13:03] | I can barely remember my own name. | 我几乎记不清我的名字了 |
[13:04] | Hey, you know what doesn’t fade? | 你知道什么是不会消失的么 |
[13:07] | Things. | 实物 |
[13:08] | Like these pants. | 像这些裤子 |
[13:09] | I can still remember the | 我还能记得 |
[13:10] | crisp September day when Mom gave them to us. | 那是一个凉爽的九月 老妈把裤子送给我们 |
[13:13] | She had a little lipstick on her upper tooth. | 她的上门牙还沾了点口红 |
[13:15] | – Her eyes crinkled… – She smelled like lilacs. | – 她的眼睛笑眯眯的 – 她闻起来有紫丁花的香味 |
[13:18] | Hey, you know what? | 你们知道吗 |
[13:19] | I can get you things. | 我可以给你们买东西 |
[13:21] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[13:22] | You’d have to drive us to some kind of mall or something. | 你得开车带我们去商场之类的地方 |
[13:24] | You boys go get in the car. | 你们都上车去 |
[13:26] | I’m going to call the | 我这就打给信用卡公司 |
[13:27] | credit card company and have them up my limit. | 让他们提高我的信用额度 |
[13:29] | Taken care of. | 就这么做 |
[13:33] | Nice. | 好棒 |
[13:35] | It’s just a shame I’ll have to catch it with a dirty mitt. | 真可惜 我得用我脏兮兮的手套来接这个球 |
[13:43] | I want to remember how great you are in spring, summer, fall… | 我想记住你有多好 无论在春天 夏天 秋天 |
[13:47] | and winter, too. | 还是冬天 |
[13:49] | Wow, Dad, you buy out the whole store? | 哇 老爸 你把整间店都买下来了 |
[13:52] | No one’s got a better dad than us. | 没有人比我们的爸爸好 |
[13:56] | Except Joe Garoogian. | 除了Joe Garoogian |
[13:58] | Dewey Dewey! | |
[13:58] | You don’t deserve to remember how good Dad is. | 你不配记得老爸有多好 |
[14:01] | You only deserve to remember me whacking the crap out of you. | 你只配记得我怎么把你打得屁滚尿流 |
[14:03] | Not so fast, Reese. | 别着急 Reese |
[14:04] | The boy’s just being honest. | 这孩子只是说实话 |
[14:06] | Now tell me, what is it about this Joe’s father that’s so great? | 告诉我 Joe的老爸好在哪儿 |
[14:10] | His dad’s vice president of an electronics company. | 他的爸爸是一家电子公司的副总裁 |
[14:13] | He can get any type of TV, video game or stereo he wants. | 他可以得到任何他想要的电视 电子游戏 或者立体音响 |
[14:17] | Is there an electronics store near here? | 这附近有没有卖电子产品的商店 |
[14:18] | Tech Boys on Willow. | 柳木街有一家”科技小子” |
[14:20] | Price Town’s closer, but they have crap for high-def. | “价格小镇”更近些 但是他们的高清很渣 |
[14:29] | I’ve got something for Hal that I think may do the trick. | 我带了点东西给Hal 可能会有用 |
[14:32] | Abe, I thought we were done with this. | Abe 我还以为这事已经结束了 |
[14:34] | I thought we were, too, Lois, until 3:00 this morning, | 我在早上三点前也这么以为 Lois |
[14:38] | when I found myself in a collectibles auction site | 但是我发现自己在逛一个收藏品拍卖网站 |
[14:40] | and saw this baby. | 然后发现了这个宝贝 |
[14:45] | Yes, it’s a Vulcan lyre with ten preprogrammed Christmas carols. | 没错 这是瓦肯竖琴 还自带十首圣诞颂歌 |
[14:53] | Abe, I’m sorry. I know you’re trying to help, | Abe 我很抱歉 我知道你想帮忙 |
[14:55] | but this is not what Hal needs. | 但这不是Hal需要的 |
[14:58] | You’re right. | 你说的对 |
[14:59] | I guess I got carried away and lost | 我想我忘乎所以 |
[15:01] | sight of what got us started in the first place… | 迷失了我们最初的出发点了 |
[15:03] | to hook Hal up with a member of the original cast of Star Trek. | 让Hal结识星际迷航里的原班演员 |
[15:07] | That’s not what got this started. | 这不是我们的出发点 |
[15:08] | Abe, Hal’s father died. | Abe Hal的父亲去世了 |
[15:10] | And I will not let him die in vain. | 我不会让他白白死去的 |
[15:12] | I will call Sulu. | 我会打给Sulu |
[15:14] | I will call Chekhov. | 我会打给Chekhov |
[15:15] | And if they say no, so help me, | 如果他们拒绝了 我发誓 |
[15:17] | I will call the Gorn. | 我会打给Gorn |
[15:20] | Abe, stop, just stop. | Abe 别这样 停止吧 |
[15:22] | I appreciate your trying to help, but I don’t need any of this. | 我很感激你帮忙 但是我并不需要这些 |
[15:25] | I’m going to take Hal to a bed | 我会让Hal好好睡一觉 |
[15:26] | and breakfast for a nice weekend, and that’s it. | 享受早餐 过一个快乐的周末 就这样而已 |
[15:29] | He just needs some emotional comfort. | 他只是需要一些精神抚慰 |
[15:30] | So you think a weekend of | 所以你认为一个周末的 |
[15:32] | nurturing and sex is going to get him through this? | 体贴照顾和肉体安慰 就能让他好起来 |
[15:34] | Do you even know this man?! | 你真的了解这个男人吗 |
[15:40] | What the hell’s all this? | 这都是什么啊 |
[15:42] | Turns out Dad still has some grieving left to do. | 原来老爸还有些悲伤需要发泄出来 |
[15:44] | I can’t believe you. | 我不敢相信 |
[15:45] | You lied to me and you totally took advantage of him. | 你不仅骗我 还占老爸的便宜 |
[15:47] | I don’t see it that way. | 我不这么认为 |
[15:49] | They say money can’t buy love… | 他们说钱不能买到爱 |
[15:50] | but they’re wrong. | 但是他们错了 |
[15:51] | I’m actually starting to love Dad. | 我真的开始爱上老爸了 |
[15:53] | Now I’m not saying somebody couldn’t come along and outbid him, | 我并不是说没人能够超越他 |
[15:56] | but right now, he’s the front-runner. | 但是现在 他处于领先地位 |
[15:59] | You can’t do this. | 你不能这么做 |
[16:00] | This is wrong. | 这是错的 |
[16:01] | You’re giving all this back. | 你要把这些还回去 |
[16:02] | Who are you to question his process? | 你凭什么质疑他的行为 |
[16:04] | Reese, he’s crazy. | Reese 他疯了 |
[16:05] | Mom’s crazy. | 老妈也疯了 |
[16:07] | But she’s the kind of crazy | 但是她一发起疯来 |
[16:08] | where all she does is yell at us and punish. | 是大吼大叫然后处罚我们 |
[16:10] | Now Dad’s crazy in a way where he buys us an XBox 360. | 老爸发疯是给我们买XBOX360游戏机 |
[16:13] | And you want to mess with that? | 你想把这一切都毁掉 |
[16:15] | You’re just afraid of happiness, Malcolm. | 你只是害怕快乐的感觉 Malcolm |
[16:17] | You can delude yourself all you want. | 你可以随便自欺欺人 |
[16:18] | – All this is going back to the store. – Hey, give that back! | – 但是这全都得送回商店 – 嗨 放回去 |
[16:21] | -You had your chance! -Reese, this is over! | – 你有你的机会 – Reese 这都结束了 |
[16:23] | This is the only good thing that’s | 这是家里唯一发生的好事 |
[16:24] | ever happened around here and you’re ruining it! | 而你现在要毁了它 |
[16:25] | Boys! What are you doing? | 孩子们 你们在干什么 |
[16:27] | Today’s a happy day. | 今天是快乐的一天 |
[16:29] | You’re supposed to remember this the rest of your lives. | 你们在今后都应该记住这一天 |
[16:31] | I need to talk to you, Dad. | 我要和你谈谈 爸 |
[16:32] | Dad, if you love us, don’t listen to him. | 爸 如果你爱我们 就别听他的 |
[16:34] | Look at what you’re doing. | 看看你在做些什么 |
[16:36] | Look at the money you’re spending. | 看看你把钱花在了哪 |
[16:37] | Look at the reason why you’re spending it. | 看看你这么做的原因 |
[16:39] | Something is very wrong. | 有些事错的离谱 |
[16:42] | I hear you, Malcolm. | 我听到你了 Malcolm |
[16:44] | I understand that things have gotten a little unbalanced and, | 我知道这些事情有点不公平 而且 |
[16:49] | – and I know what I need to do. – Thank God. | – 我知道我要怎么做了 – 谢天谢地 |
[16:52] | I’m going to buy you a car. | 我要给你买辆车 |
[16:57] | It’s moments like this that really define character. | 这种时刻最容易暴露一个人的本性了 |
[17:01] | I love you, Daddy! | 我爱你 爸爸 |
[17:05] | No, it’s not our honeymoon, but I would like the honeymoon suite. | 不 我们不是度蜜月 但是我想要一间蜜月套房 |
[17:10] | What? | 什么 |
[17:11] | No, that must be a mistake. | 不 那一定是搞错了 |
[17:13] | My credit card can’t be maxed out. I just paid the bill. | 我的信用卡不可能被刷爆 我才还清的债务 |
[17:18] | Reese Reese! | |
[17:20] | Get me out of this. | 帮我脱下来 |
[17:30] | Malcolm’s getting a car. | Malcolm会有辆车 |
[17:31] | We only did this so Dad wouldn’t buy us something more expensive. | 我们只有这么做 老爸才不会买更贵的东西 |
[17:36] | I miss Grandpa. | 我好想爷爷 |
[17:43] | I know this is wrong. | 我知道这不对 |
[17:44] | But somehow my body’s not doing anything to stop it. | 但是不知道为什么我的身体无法阻止这一切 |
[17:47] | Maybe that means at some level, I don’t even know it’s wrong. | 可能从某种层面来说 我并不知道这是错的 |
[17:51] | And if I don’t know if it’s wrong, | 如果我不知道这是错的 |
[17:52] | then I can’t get blamed for doing it. | 那我就不应该因此而受到责备 |
[17:54] | Right? | 对吧 |
[17:55] | Now, a high-tech package comes with | 这套高科技的配置 |
[17:58] | a CG rearview imaging system, a GPS and a DVD. | 包括CG后视镜图示系统 GPS 还有DVD播放器 |
[18:02] | I don’t absolutely need a DVD player. | 我并不是很需要一个DVD播放器 |
[18:04] | Sure you do, Malcolm. | 你当然需要了 Malcolm |
[18:06] | Every time you stop at a red light, | 每当你在红灯停下 |
[18:08] | I want you watching movies, thinking of your dad. | 我希望你能看着电影 想念着你的老爸 |
[18:11] | What else have we got? | 我们还有些什么 |
[18:12] | Want to sports package? | 需要运动配置吗 |
[18:14] | That’s like asking if we want doors. | 这还需要问么 |
[18:17] | There it is, every option we offer, | 都在这了 我们提供的全部配置 |
[18:19] | including some I didn’t even know about. | 还有些连我都不知道 |
[18:22] | Floormats have undercoating. | 植绒的脚毯 |
[18:24] | Comes with a 14-year warranty. | 带有十四年的保修期 |
[18:26] | We don’t sell many of those. | 我们不常卖这种的噢 |
[18:28] | All it needs… | 现在只需要 |
[18:30] | is your signature. | 您的签名 |
[18:40] | What? | 怎么了 |
[18:42] | My dad had the same pen. | 我爸爸有一支一样的钢笔 |
[18:44] | He must’ve been a great guy. This is a great pen. | 他一定是位了不起的人 这是支好钢笔 |
[18:45] | We don’t really need to get into that right now. | 我们现在不需要谈这个 |
[18:47] | See, I just lost my dad. | 我爸爸刚刚去世 |
[18:49] | I’m sorry. | 我很抱歉 |
[18:52] | Bet he would’ve loved to | 他一点会很开心 |
[18:53] | see his grandson driving that sports pack. | 看见他的孙子开着这辆跑车 |
[18:59] | I don’t know if he would have. | 我不知道他会不会 |
[19:01] | He was pretty emotionally distant. | 他跟我们不是很亲近 |
[19:04] | He had a lot of trouble showing love. | 他不太擅长表达自己的爱 |
[19:07] | Yeah. | 是吗 |
[19:10] | Old-timers, eh? | 老一辈的人嘛 |
[19:12] | But I didn’t care. | 但是我并不介意 |
[19:16] | I didn’t care if he had trouble. | 我不介意他表达是不是有困难 |
[19:21] | I loved him. | 我爱他 |
[19:24] | He was my dad. | 他是我爸爸 |
[19:27] | You know, I see that you’re in a lot of pain right now, and… | 我知道你现在很悲痛 并且 |
[19:31] | I’m going to need some grief counseling , too | 我也需要去做心理辅导 |
[19:33] | if I let you take me up on this offer I’m giving you. | 如果你签了这份合同 |
[19:37] | I remember coming downstairs in the morning, | 我记得早晨下楼时 |
[19:40] | and he would be at the table and he would say, “Hey, buddy, | 他会坐在桌边 说”嗨 兄弟” |
[19:43] | I’m doing four things at once: | 我在同时做四件事 |
[19:45] | I’m watching TV. | 我在看电视 |
[19:46] | I’m reading the newspaper. | 读报纸 |
[19:48] | I’m drinking coffee, and I’m talking to you.” | 喝咖啡 我还在和你说话 |
[19:51] | Isn’t that amazing? | 是不是很棒 |
[19:54] | You know, I got a guy whose | 我有个刚死了老婆的客户 |
[19:56] | wife died who’s looking at this car, so… | 也看上了这车 |
[19:59] | He didn’t have to do anything for me. | 他什么也不需要为我做 |
[20:05] | He was my dad. | 他是我爸爸 |
[20:09] | Dad… | 老爸 |
[20:12] | You don’t have to do anything for me, either. | 你也不需要为我做什么 |
[20:16] | But if you want to… | 但是如果你愿意的话 |
[20:18] | that’d be great. | 那就太好了 |
[20:28] | I lost my dad. | 我再也没有爸爸了 |
[20:32] | I know. | 我知道 |
[20:37] | You’re a dead man. | 你死定了 |
[20:47] | Hello? | 你好 |
[20:48] | I’m George Takei. | 我是George Takei |
[20:50] | I played Sulu on Star Trek. | 在星际迷航里扮演Sulu |
[20:52] | Did your grandfather die recently? | 你的爷爷是不是最近去世了 |
[20:56] | Yes. | 是的 |
[20:56] | Allow me to extend my deepest condolences. | 请让我致以最深切的哀悼 |
[20:59] | I got a call from a neighbor | 我接到邻居的电话 |
[21:01] | that your father might like to talk to me. | 说你父亲想要和我聊聊 |
[21:03] | And when I called back, the line was busy. | 当我回电话时一直占线 |
[21:06] | So I decided to come over. | 所以我就直接过来了 |
[21:08] | It was a six-hour bus ride with a lot of stops. | 足足坐了六小时的公车 途经了很多站 |
[21:13] | May I have some water, please? | 我可以喝点水吗 |
[21:15] | Sorry, my parents aren’t home. | 抱歉 我父亲没在家 |
[21:18] | But you can use the hose out front. | 不过你可以用外面的水管 |
[21:19] | Delightful. | 太好了 |
[21:20] | If you don’t mind, I’ll make camp | 如果你不介意 我想在你们家前院的草坪 |
[21:22] | on your front lawn in anticipation of their return. | 搭个帐篷 等他们回来 |
[21:25] | Improvisation: my stock and trade. | 即兴创作 我的老本行 |
[21:28] | In episode 18, “The Squire of Gothos,” | 在第十八集”Gothos的随从”中 |
[21:31] | the script read, “The crew ad-libs hello.” | 剧本写”船员即兴打招呼” |
[21:35] | Well, I was off to the races. | 不过我现在退休了 |
[21:39] | Well, I’ve got a lot of homework. | 我还有很多作业要做 |
[21:44] | Ooh, mushrooms! | 噢 蘑菇 |
[21:47] | May I help myself? | 我能吃点么 |