时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:04] | Mom, Reese is poking me! | 妈 Reese老戳我 |
[00:06] | That’s it, you two. | 你们俩别闹了 |
[00:07] | Either side of the couch, now! | 坐到沙发两头去 快点 |
[00:11] | He’s still poking me! | 他还在戳我 |
[00:12] | Reese, go to your room! | Reese 回你房间去 |
[00:14] | I don’t want you within 30 feet of him! | 和他保持三十英尺的距离 |
[01:07] | Come on, Hal! We’re going to be late. | 快点 Hal 我们要来不及了 |
[01:09] | Fine, but I don’t see what the big deal is. | 好了 但我真不知道这有啥大不了的 |
[01:11] | So what if he stopped drinking for a year? | 他一年没喝酒了又怎样 |
[01:14] | I thought that’s what you’re supposed to do in AA. | 参加戒酒会不就是去戒酒的吗 |
[01:16] | Francis’ one-year anniversary | Francis成功戒酒一周年 |
[01:17] | of sobriety is very important to him. | 对他来说意义重大 |
[01:19] | Sounds to me like it was | 对我来说这就像是 |
[01:21] | just dreamed up by the greeting card companies. | 贺卡公司捏造的纪念日一样 |
[01:23] | What is wrong with you? | 你到底在别扭什么 |
[01:25] | Francis has joined AA, and is turning his life around. | Francis参加了戒酒会 他的生活回到了正轨 |
[01:28] | These are the people who helped him do that, | 那些人帮助他做到这些 |
[01:30] | and he wants us to meet them. | 他想介绍给我们认识 |
[01:31] | Where were they when he needed to learn to ride a bicycle? | 他想学骑自行车时那些人在哪呢 |
[01:33] | Or when he lost his first tooth? | 他掉了第一颗牙的时候呢 |
[01:35] | We did all the heavy lifting. | 咱们干了所有的辛苦事 |
[01:37] | And now these guys get all the glory. | 却是那群人得了所有的荣耀 |
[01:38] | I can’t believe you’re jealous of these people. | 真不敢相信 你居然嫉妒他们 |
[01:40] | Well, what does he need us for? | 他叫我们去干啥啊 |
[01:42] | He’s got them now. We’re useless. | 他有别人了 不需要我们俩了 |
[01:44] | We’re like his appendix. | 我们就像是他的阑尾 |
[01:45] | Now he’s just going to open up his stomach, | 现在他就要剖开肚子 |
[01:47] | remove us, and put us in a jar up on a shelf, | 取出我们 然后放进罐子里 |
[01:50] | right there in the living room… | 摆在客厅的架子上 |
[01:51] | or the… | 或者是 |
[01:52] | den, or… | 书房 或是 |
[01:54] | a mantle piece, if he’s got one. | 壁炉架上 如果他有的话 |
[01:56] | I’m gonna go wait in the car. | 我去车里等你们 |
[01:58] | Where’s Jamie? | Jamie呢 |
[02:00] | There he is. | 他在那呢 |
[02:01] | He’s been dying to go to that sitter’s all morning. | 他简直迫不及待要去保姆那了 |
[02:03] | I swear that woman feeds him nothing but sugar all day long. | 我敢说那女人肯定天天净给他吃糖了 |
[02:07] | I’m coming! | 来了来了 |
[02:10] | Bye, Mom. Say hi to Francis. | 再见 妈 向Francis问好 |
[02:12] | Oh, wait, wait, all right. You’ve got your food money. | 噢 等等 好了 午饭钱给你们了 |
[02:14] | You’ve got your emergency numbers. | 紧急号码也有了 |
[02:21] | This is the one thing left in this house that I care about. | 这是屋子里我唯一在乎的东西了 |
[02:23] | I don’t want to spend the next two days worrying about | 我不想接下来两天都担心着 |
[02:25] | “How will they break it, where will they hide the pieces, | “他们怎么打碎它 他们把碎片藏哪去了 |
[02:27] | how will they lie to me about it when I come home.” | 等我回家他们会编什么谎话” |
[02:29] | So… | 所以 |
[02:32] | There. Now I can relax. | 好啦 这下我就放心了 |
[02:41] | I’m bored. | 我好无聊 |
[02:43] | Mom and Dad are gone. You want to make some crank calls? | 爸妈都走了 你想打骚扰电话玩吗 |
[02:45] | Nah. | 算了吧 |
[02:46] | I guess I’m getting old. I’m really not inspired. | 我真是老了 对什么都提不起兴趣 |
[02:49] | We could cherry bomb Ms. Waller’s mailbox. | 要不往Waller太太的邮箱放个爆竹 |
[02:50] | What’s the point? | 有什么意思 |
[02:51] | She’d just chase me, have an asthma attack. | 她会追我 然后哮喘发作 |
[02:53] | The neighbors would call 911. | 邻居会打911 |
[02:55] | I’d get away with it because of her blackout. | 我会安然逃脱 因为她已不省人事 |
[02:57] | We’d both just be going through the motions. | 我们都不过是走走过场 |
[02:59] | You’re right. | 还真是 |
[03:01] | Terrorizing the same old neighbors | 年复一年地去吓老邻居 |
[03:02] | year after year just doesn’t feel satisfying anymore. | 再也不能满足我们了 |
[03:05] | Maybe we’re growing up. | 也许我们长大了 |
[03:07] | Maybe we don’t need to go out and create random havoc. | 也许我们不用出去大搞破坏了 |
[03:09] | Hey, guys, I was digging around in the garage, | 嘿 我刚在车库里乱翻 |
[03:11] | and I found the spare key to Dad’s car! | 发现了爸爸的备用车钥匙 |
[03:15] | Do you know what this means? | 你知道这意味着什么吗 |
[03:17] | We can key stuff! | 咱们能用钥匙乱划东西了 |
[03:18] | No, we have mobility. | 不 咱们有车了 |
[03:20] | We can drive over to the next city. | 咱们能开车去邻城了 |
[03:22] | And key stuff there! | 去那里瞎划东西 |
[03:23] | And key stuff there, and cherry-bomb stuff there. | 去那里瞎划 拿爆竹炸那里的东西 |
[03:26] | Reese, we have access to a car with no adult supervision. | Reese 咱们能在没有大人监督的情况下开车了 |
[03:29] | We can do whatever we want, and if we get caught? | 咱们可以为所欲为 要是被抓了 |
[03:31] | They’d blame Mom and Dad for being absentee parents. | 他们只会责怪爸妈没有在咱们身边 |
[03:33] | This is the perfect crime. | 这简直就是完美犯罪 |
[03:34] | I was thinking we could drive to the arcade. | 我在想咱们可以开车去游乐场 |
[03:37] | Arcade? | 游乐场 |
[03:38] | What are you, 12? | 你多大了 12岁吗 |
[03:39] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[03:40] | Dewey, get out of the way. Malcolm and I have to plan some pain. | Dewey 走远点 Malcolm跟我有些计划要商量 |
[03:42] | What about South High? | 去南部高中怎么样 |
[03:43] | I think their band practice starts in two hours. | 我记得他们的乐队排练两小时后开始 |
[03:45] | Perfect. I still have some connections at the slaughterhouse. | 完美 我跟屠宰场还有点联系 |
[03:48] | One phone call, and I got a trunkful of pig’s blood. | 一个电话就能搞到一车的猪血 |
[03:57] | It’s humble, but it’s home. | 挺寒酸的 但好歹是个家 |
[03:59] | Actually, they just walled | 其实 就是从隔壁 |
[04:00] | off a bedroom from the apartment next door… | 单元砌出了一间卧室 |
[04:03] | but anyway, it’s home. | 但无论怎样 都是个家 |
[04:06] | Uh, you know, Francis, | 呃 其实 Francis |
[04:07] | your mother and I passed a motel on the way here… | 你妈跟我在来的路上看见一个汽车旅馆 |
[04:10] | Nonsense. I won’t have my parents staying at some motel. | 别胡说了 我怎么能让二老去住汽车旅馆呢 |
[04:13] | You can sleep here. | 你们睡这儿吧 |
[04:15] | – On the rug? – It’s a futon. | – 地毯上吗 – 那是蒲团 |
[04:17] | Believe it or not, someone was actually going to throw that away. | 你们相信吗 居然有人想把它们扔掉 |
[04:20] | You know, my back… | 其实 我的后背 |
[04:21] | Hal, let him do this. | Hal 听他的吧 |
[04:23] | All righty, we’ll stay. | 好吧 我们住下 |
[04:24] | Great! | 太棒了 |
[04:25] | You know, I’m really glad | 你们知道的 我真的很高兴 |
[04:26] | you guys came up here for my celebration. | 你们能来参加我的庆祝仪式 |
[04:28] | Speaking of which… | 说到这个 |
[04:30] | – Piama! – It’s fine. | – Piama – 没关系的 |
[04:31] | Really, Mom, I have a handle on it. | 真的 妈 我能控制住自己 |
[04:33] | Besides we’re not just celebrating my sobriety. | 再说我们也不仅仅是庆祝我的戒酒 |
[04:36] | We’re also celebrating my new job. | 我们也庆祝我的新工作 |
[04:39] | Francis, that’s wonderful! | Francis 真是太棒了 |
[04:42] | What is it? | 这是什么 |
[04:42] | A laser-etched crystal. | 激光雕刻水晶 |
[04:44] | It’s the perfect fusion of science and art. | 这是科学与艺术的完美结合 |
[04:47] | The detail is amazing. | 细节堪称完美 |
[04:50] | And you can see everything on this nude fairy. | 你能看到这个裸体仙女的任何部分 |
[04:52] | That’s me. | 那是我 |
[04:53] | You can put whatever image you want | 你想放什么照片都行 |
[04:55] | in these crystals, but it all adds up to one thing: | 这些水晶 最终会变成一件事 |
[04:57] | financial independence in five to twelve years. | 在五到十二年内的经济独立 |
[05:00] | We’re starting our own business. | 我们开始自己创业了 |
[05:02] | We already looked into | 我们已经研究了 |
[05:03] | the franchise and locked down the location. | 经营权的问题 并且找好店铺了 |
[05:05] | Now all we have to do is work out the financing. | 现在要解决的就是资金了 |
[05:06] | Oh? | 啊 |
[05:07] | Don’t worry, Mom, we don’t need any money… | 别担心 妈 我们不会找你们要钱的 |
[05:09] | we already got $10,000 from Piama’s mom’s lawsuit settlement. | 我们从Piama妈妈的官司赔偿中得了一万块了 |
[05:12] | The newspaper used her picture without | 报纸盗用了她的照片 |
[05:14] | her permission for an article on mental defectives. | 放在了关于精神缺陷的文章中 |
[05:16] | All we need from you guys is to co-sign the loan. | 我们只需要你们联合签署贷款 |
[05:18] | We hate to ask, but… | 我们也不想求你们的 但是 |
[05:20] | you’re the only people Piama and I could turn to for this. | 我跟Piama找不到别的人了 |
[05:23] | Did you hear that, honey? | 听到了吗 亲爱的 |
[05:24] | He’s turning to us. | 他求助的是我们 |
[05:25] | – How much? – It’s just a small business loan | – 贷多少钱 – 就是小额的商业贷款 |
[05:27] | $20,000. | 两万 |
[05:29] | $20,000?! | 两万吗 |
[05:30] | And none of your drunk friends could help you out on this, huh? | 你那些醉鬼朋友都帮不了你了 是吗 |
[05:32] | Not at all. Oh, and don’t worry, | 帮不了 噢 别担心了 |
[05:34] | the bank already ran your credit. | 银行已经审查了你们的信用等级 |
[05:36] | It’s horrible, but all that | 真是太糟了 但那也不过就是说 |
[05:37] | means is they just crank up the interest rate. | 他们会把利率调高而已 |
[05:38] | In what world would you think we would sign that? | 你凭什么觉得我们会签这个呢 |
[05:41] | Honey, come here. | 亲爱的 过来 |
[05:42] | Let’s hear the boy out. | 听听孩子怎么说 |
[05:44] | You heard him; he needs us. | 你听他说啦 他需要咱们 |
[05:45] | Hal, I’m not going to sign anything. | Hal 我什么都不会签的 |
[05:47] | We’re in enough debt as it is. | 咱们已经欠了一屁股债了 |
[05:49] | Lois Lois… | |
[05:49] | I hate to do this, but can we talk about this later? | 不好意思 咱们能不能晚些再谈这个 |
[05:52] | We really got to get to my AA party. | 该去我的戒酒会派对了 |
[05:53] | Of course! | 当然 |
[05:54] | I got to tell you, son, | 我得跟你说 儿子 |
[05:55] | I am drunk as a skunk with pride right now. | 我现在自豪得都要醉了 |
[06:01] | Okay, we have 12 hours and eight gallons of gas. | 好的 咱们有十二小时 八加仑汽油 |
[06:04] | This is our radius of destruction. | 这就是我们的破坏范围了 |
[06:06] | So much to do, so little time. | 时间有限 任务繁重啊 |
[06:08] | What about my old 4th grade teacher? | 我原来的四年级老师怎么办啊 |
[06:09] | If we get Mr. Bradshaw, then we can’t moon the girls’ school. | 咱们要是整了Bradshaw先生 就没法去女校露屁股了 |
[06:11] | No, the mooning is a definite. | 不行 屁股是一定要露的 |
[06:13] | For you to even suggest | 你这么说 |
[06:14] | that makes me really question your commitment. | 我都要怀疑你的诚意了 |
[06:16] | If I give you Bradshaw, then I can’t | 你要是去了Bradshaw那儿 我就不能 |
[06:17] | do donuts on the lawn of my old basketball coach. | 往我篮球教练的草坪上扔甜甜圈了 |
[06:19] | – What about the arcade? – Not now, Dewey. | – 游乐场怎么办啊 – 别吵 Dewey |
[06:21] | – All right, I’ll give you the donuts. – Great. | – 行了 我让你去扔甜甜圈 – 太好了 |
[06:25] | So which way are we leaning on the whole cat show situation? | 那这个猫展的事情怎么办 |
[06:28] | If you get me that coyote, then I’ll get you to the cat show. | 你要是给我个野狼 我就让你去猫展 |
[06:30] | The arcade is on the way to the cat show. | 游乐园就在去猫展的路上 |
[06:32] | Out! | 滚出去 |
[06:34] | Hey, are we peeing in the mailbox on Fifth, or aren’t we? | 嘿 咱们到底要不要在第五大街的邮筒里撒尿了 |
[06:36] | I’ve already drank three of these. Do not embarrass me out there. | 我都喝了三瓶这个了 别让我出去丢人现眼啊 |
[06:43] | Come on, Reese, we are so close. | 得了 Reese 计划就差一点了 |
[06:45] | Do you really need five | 你真的需要五分钟 |
[06:46] | minutes to work over your old lab partner? | 来对付你原来的实验室搭档吗 |
[06:55] | Yeah. | 当然 |
[06:56] | Why do something if you’re not gonna do it right? | 一件事要做 就要做好 |
[06:59] | All right, do you think you could | 那行 你觉得你能不能 |
[07:01] | work your boy over in the back seat of the car? | 在车后座把那男孩的事解决了 |
[07:02] | What are you getting at? | 你这是什么意思 |
[07:03] | After we push over those gravestones, | 推倒那些墓碑之后 |
[07:05] | we can pick up the lab partner. | 咱们就去接你那个实验搭档 |
[07:06] | By the time you’re done with him, we’re at the promenade, | 等到你解决了他 咱们也到了散步广场了 |
[07:08] | where we do our pedestrian-only drive through. | 然后咱们就可以从人行道上开过 |
[07:11] | Then it’s a straight shot down 45th street, | 再直冲四十五大街 |
[07:12] | just in time for the old folks’ health walk. | 正好可以赶上那些老家伙的健康散步 |
[07:15] | A quick streak, and dude… | 给他们来个措手不及 我说 |
[07:16] | we’re done! | 太完美了 |
[07:17] | – Yeah! – Ah! | – 太棒了 – 啊 |
[07:19] | All right, we have to get going. | 行了 咱得赶紧出发了 |
[07:20] | We need the car key. | 车钥匙在哪儿呢 |
[07:22] | Are we going to the arcade? | 咱们去不去游乐场 |
[07:23] | We already told you we don’t have time for that, Dewey. | 我们都说过了 Dewey 我们没时间去 |
[07:25] | You know something? | 那就不好意思了 |
[07:27] | I don’t remember where I put it. | 我不记得钥匙放哪了 |
[07:29] | Stupid! How could you misplace it?! | 白痴 钥匙你也能瞎放吗 |
[07:32] | Wait a minute… he’s lying. | 等下 他在说谎 |
[07:34] | Dewey, give us the key now! | Dewey 把钥匙交出来 |
[07:36] | Nope. | 不要 |
[07:37] | All right, Dewey, we can either do this the easy… | 好的 Dewey 你敬酒不吃 |
[07:41] | No fair. | 不公平 |
[07:43] | That’s just what I was going to do. | 我刚要这么做呢 |
[07:49] | Crash Crash! | |
[07:50] | Frankie, my man! | Frankie 好啊 |
[07:54] | – Little Miss P. – Hey, baby. | – 小P女士 – 嗨 宝贝儿 |
[07:57] | Crash, I’d like you to meet my dad. | Crash 这是我的父亲 |
[07:58] | Hello. | 你好 |
[08:00] | Stay strong, brother. | 坚强点 伙计 |
[08:01] | Okay. | 好的 |
[08:03] | And this is my mother. | 这是我的母亲 |
[08:08] | She’s real? | 真有此人 |
[08:09] | Excuse me? | 你说什么 |
[08:11] | It’s… | 这 |
[08:13] | I thought… | 我以为 |
[08:16] | I don’t know what I thought. | 我已经不知道我在想什么了 |
[08:17] | I’m sorry. Excuse me. | 抱歉 打扰了 |
[08:23] | What was that all about? | 这是怎么一回事儿啊 |
[08:29] | Give it up, Dewey! | 交出来 Dewey |
[08:31] | No! | 不 |
[08:34] | – Tell us where the key is! – No! | – 告诉我们你放哪儿了 – 不要 |
[08:42] | Tell us where the key is! | 告诉我们钥匙在哪儿 |
[08:44] | No. | 不 |
[08:47] | – Give us the key. – No. | – 把钥匙给我们 – 不给 |
[08:53] | That was our last worm! | 这是最后一条虫子了 |
[08:55] | – It’s no use; he’s immune. – It’s our own fault… | – 根本没用 他都免疫了 – 都怪我们 |
[08:57] | we’ve been torturing him | 自从老妈把他从医院抱回来开始 |
[08:58] | since Mom brought him home from the hospital. | 我们就一直折磨他 |
[09:00] | Remember when he was a baby? | 记得他还是个婴儿的时候吗 |
[09:01] | I could make him cry, just like that. | 就这样 就能弄哭他 |
[09:03] | Now we’re stuck with this. | 现在咱们拿他没办法了 |
[09:11] | We’ve all come a long way, but we still have a long way to go. | 咱们已经走了很远了 但还有更多的路要走 |
[09:19] | None of us could have gotten to | 如果没有大家的帮助 |
[09:20] | where we are today if it wasn’t for everyone here. | 我们都不可能完成这样的成就 |
[09:23] | But there is one man that I would especially like to thank. | 但有一个人我要特别表示感谢 |
[09:27] | Francis Francis! | |
[09:32] | Francis Francis… | |
[09:33] | Your honesty has really helped me through this. | 你的真诚帮助我度过了难关 |
[09:36] | I went through life feeling pretty sorry for myself. | 一直以来 我都活在自怨自艾之中 |
[09:39] | Thinking that I was brutalized and abused, | 认为我收到了暴力和虐待 |
[09:42] | but then I heard your horror stories | 但后来我听到了你的悲惨境遇 |
[09:45] | and I realized that my junkie abusive mom wasn’t that bad at all. | 我才发现我那个瘾君子暴力狂老妈也没有那么糟糕 |
[09:49] | Oh, sure, she beat me, | 噢 当然了 她打我 |
[09:51] | she left me in that dumpster, and all but… | 她把我扔在了垃圾桶里 但是 |
[09:54] | she was a saint compared to “L.” | 跟L相比 她就是个圣人 |
[09:58] | I don’t know how you survived it, man, but I thank God you did. | 我真不知你是怎么活下来的 但还好你活了下来 |
[10:05] | “L” “L”?! | |
[10:07] | Hal, can you believe this? | Hal 你能相信吗 |
[10:11] | They are so open here. | 他们在这儿这么敞开心扉 |
[10:14] | It’s just so raw! | 这么原始 |
[10:15] | It’s beautiful. | 太触动人心了 |
[10:18] | Let’s be fair. | 平心而论 |
[10:20] | We all have an “L” In our lives. | 我们的生活中都有”L”存在 |
[10:24] | My “L” Was the Vietnam War. | 我的”L”是越南战役 |
[10:28] | Thankfully, though, I don’t | 幸运的是 还好我不用 |
[10:29] | have to visit my “L” On Christmas and holidays. | 在圣诞节和假日去拜访我的”L” |
[10:32] | I can leave my “L” buried | 我能把我的”L” |
[10:34] | deep in the darkest recesses of my mind. | 藏在我心灵最深的地方 |
[10:38] | And I thank God for that. | 我为此感激上帝 |
[10:41] | Stay strong, Francis. | 坚持住 Francis |
[10:48] | And now, let’s hear from the man of the hour. | 现在 让我们有请今天的焦点人物 |
[10:52] | Our very own Francis. | 我们亲爱的Francis上台发言 |
[11:00] | Thanks, George. | 谢谢 George |
[11:02] | Thank you all. | 谢谢你们 |
[11:04] | A lot of horrible things have been said tonight, | 今天我们倾诉了很多忧伤的故事 |
[11:07] | and I appreciate your honesty, | 我也感谢你的真诚 |
[11:09] | but that’s in the past. | 但是那些都过去了 |
[11:15] | we need to make amends to the people we have wronged. | 现在要做的是弥补那些因为我们受委屈的人 |
[11:18] | To my beautiful wife, Piama… | 我的娇妻 Piama |
[11:21] | for all the terrible things I put you through… | 对于那些因为我让你经历的不堪往事 |
[11:25] | I’m sorry. | 我道歉 |
[11:27] | And to my brothers, who aren’t here right now… | 还有我的弟弟们 尽管他们不在这里 |
[11:31] | for all the times I couldn’t | 我总是没法 |
[11:32] | be there for you ’cause I was in my own… | 陪伴你们左右 因为我活在 |
[11:35] | messed-up place… | 自己的烂摊子里 |
[11:37] | I’m sorry. | 我道歉 |
[11:39] | To my father… | 我的父亲 |
[11:42] | I put you through so much, | 我让你历经种种磨难 |
[11:44] | yet you were always there for me. | 你依旧对我不离不弃 |
[11:48] | I’m sorry. | 我道歉 |
[11:52] | And to my mother, L… | 对我的母亲 “L” |
[11:58] | I forgive you. | 我原谅你了 |
[12:02] | You forgive me?! | 你原谅我吗 |
[12:15] | Okay, it’s a bit extreme, but Dewey has left us no choice. | 没错 这有点极端 但是Dewey逼我的 |
[12:19] | Since he’s withstood our most horrible tortures, | 既然他扛住了最大的折磨 |
[12:22] | Reese and I have to do something | Reese和我逼不得已 |
[12:23] | that goes against everything we believe in this house. | 只能做违背自己一贯作风的事了 |
[12:27] | How thin do you want the ham? | 火腿您要切多薄呢 |
[12:29] | Same as the last sandwich. | 和上一个三明治一样 |
[12:32] | How’s the milkshake? | 奶昔好喝吗 |
[12:34] | Mm, quite nice. | 嗯 很好 |
[12:35] | You’ll notice there’s no snot, spit or pee in there. | 原来没有添加任何鼻涕 口水或尿液成份在里面 |
[12:38] | I thought it tasted different. | 味道是很不一样的呢 |
[12:40] | And the massage is amazing. | 按摩点个赞 |
[12:42] | You got tension out of my shoulder | 我肩膀的压力都没了 |
[12:43] | I didn’t even know was there till it was gone. | 按摩后我才知道自己原来有那么大压力 |
[12:45] | I feel eight! | 就像回到8岁 |
[12:47] | Can we get you anything else? | 您还有什么要吩咐我们吗 |
[12:48] | Well, there is one thing… | 确实有那么件事 |
[12:51] | Nah. | 算啦 |
[12:52] | No, what is it? | 别 啥嘛 |
[12:54] | It’s a little childish. | 有点小幼稚呢 |
[12:55] | Nonsense, Dewey. Come on, this is your day. | 别胡说 Dewey 说吧 今天你最大 |
[12:59] | I would really love a piggy-back ride around the neighborhood. | 我确实很想在社区里被背着走走呢 |
[13:02] | I’ll get my shoes. | 我这就去穿鞋 |
[13:03] | Guys, this is fantastic. | 伙计们 太棒了 |
[13:06] | I really think we’ve healed a lot of wounds today. | 我真的觉得我们今天冰释前嫌了 |
[13:09] | Really? That’s great, Dewey. | 是吗 太好了 Dewey |
[13:12] | You know, I was thinking, you’re full… | 而且我在想 你吃饱了 |
[13:15] | you’re relaxed, you’re watching your favorite TV show… | 你舒服了 又在看着自己最喜欢的电视节目 |
[13:18] | Do you think we could have that, uh, car key now? | 是不是可以给我们 那个 车钥匙了呢 |
[13:21] | You know something? | 知道吗 |
[13:22] | You guys have earned it. | 你们真的值得拥有 |
[13:24] | You really have. | 真的 |
[13:26] | And I wish I could give it to you. | 我真希望能给你们 |
[13:28] | – What do you mean? – You guys threw me a curve ball. | – 你什么意思 – 你们今天让我吃了一惊 |
[13:30] | I had no idea it was going to go this way. | 我完全不知道事情会这样 |
[13:32] | Bravo. | 很棒 |
[13:34] | But I swallowed it. | 但是我把它吞了 |
[13:36] | What? | 啥 |
[13:36] | I know. It was foolish and spiteful, but… | 我知道 这样很愚蠢又很恶毒 |
[13:40] | this was before we reconnected. | 这是我们重新建立关系前发生的 |
[13:43] | Hey, is there any more of this shake left? | 嘿 还有多的奶昔吗 |
[13:46] | Unbelievable! | 难以置信 |
[13:48] | You invite me up here for a celebration, | 你请我来参加庆典 |
[13:50] | and instead, you blindside me?! | 结果却趁我不备摆了我一道 |
[13:53] | You told complete strangers that I’m a monster! | 你告诉陌生人我是个魔鬼 |
[13:55] | Mom, I acknowledge your anger. | 老妈 我看得出你生气了 |
[13:56] | Well, get ready to acknowledge a lot more! | 准备看出更多的情绪吧 |
[13:58] | Oh, you “Forgive me,” Francis? | 噢 你还”原谅”我了 Francis |
[14:00] | Do you forgive me for 27 hours of labor?! | 你原谅我连续27小时连轴转 |
[14:02] | For staying up all night with you | 在你发烧到40.5度时 |
[14:04] | when you were sick with 105-degree temperature?! | 熬夜整晚陪着你吗 |
[14:06] | For the thousands of hours I | 还有你原谅我花了无数小时 |
[14:07] | spent trying to get you to do your homework?! | 辅导你做作业吗 |
[14:09] | Yes, Mom, I forgive you. | 是啊 老妈 我原谅你了 |
[14:12] | So it’s all my fault that | 所以你生活一团糟 |
[14:13] | your life is messed up and you’re an alcoholic?! | 还酗酒都是我不好了吗 |
[14:15] | I’m the source of everything wrong with your life?! | 我是你一切痛苦的根源吗 |
[14:17] | Mom, I’d love to get into this, | 老妈 我很乐意说这些 |
[14:18] | but we don’t talk about these things outside the meeting. | 但是戒酒会后我们就不该再谈论这些了 |
[14:20] | Well, get your coat. We’re going back. | 那你穿上衣服 我们回去 |
[14:22] | Uh, Lois, let’s not ruin Francis’ special day. | 呃 Lois 别毁了Francis的好日子 |
[14:24] | Why not? Apparently, I’ve ruined everything else! | 为啥 显然我已经毁了其它所有事情 |
[14:26] | What’s past is past. | 过去的就算了 |
[14:29] | “What’s past is past”?! | “过去的就算了” |
[14:32] | So you think this is all my fault, too?! | 那么说来你也觉得都是我的错了 |
[14:35] | Can we discuss this in the other room? | 我们能去别的房间谈这个吗 |
[14:36] | There is no other room! | 这里就一个房间 |
[14:45] | Just admit it, guys: You’ve been beat. | 承认吧 你们输了 |
[14:48] | Are you kidding? | 开什么玩笑 |
[14:49] | Now that we know where the key is, it’s only a matter of time. | 既然我们知道钥匙在哪了 也就差点时间了 |
[14:53] | Here’s Grandma’s special cereal. | 这里是外婆的特制麦片 |
[14:56] | That stuff is so powerful, she had to eat it in the bathroom. | 这玩意可劲爆了 她只敢在卫生间吃 |
[14:59] | The recoil is going to put you through the ceiling, little man. | 反作用力可以把你推上屋顶 小子 |
[15:02] | I don’t know why we’re going through all this trouble. | 我不懂为啥要搞这么麻烦 |
[15:04] | I had a much faster way to do this. | 我有更简单的办法 |
[15:05] | We’re not cutting him open, Reese. | 不能给他开膛 Reese |
[15:07] | This will still work out. | 事情还是能成的 |
[15:08] | We just have to adjust the destruction list. | 只是要调整下破坏列表 |
[15:10] | The way I look at it, | 我这么想 |
[15:11] | we have to skip paint ballooning the Tai-chi group, | 用装满颜料的气球搞太极兴趣小组的事就算了 |
[15:13] | the charity 10K won’t get its phony route markers, | 给10公里慈善跑立假路标的事也没指望了 |
[15:16] | and I’m afraid planting the porn magazines | 恐怕把色情杂志 |
[15:17] | in the feminist bookstore will have to wait till another time. | 偷偷放到女性书店的事也得另找机会了 |
[15:19] | It’s like you’re killing my children! | 这种痛苦简直等同于亲手杀死自己的娃 |
[15:27] | – Wait. Wait… – Shut up, Dewey! | – 等等 – 闭嘴 Dewey |
[15:29] | That’s not the end I want to be hearing from! | 这不是我要听到的结果 |
[15:35] | You’re taking his side in this?! | 你站在他那边吗 |
[15:37] | I’m not taking anyone’s side. | 我不站任何人一边 |
[15:39] | There are no sides! | 根本也没那么多对立面 |
[15:41] | I’m just saying look at it from Francis’ side. | 我只是说从Francis的角度想想 |
[15:43] | He crucified me in that meeting! | 他在戒酒会上折磨我 |
[15:45] | You’re right to feel attacked by these people, | 你感到被攻击被冒犯了 这很正常 |
[15:47] | but this is about Francis. | 但你得想想Francis |
[15:48] | He’s building a new life. | 他在建立新的生活 |
[15:50] | We’ve got to go easy on him. | 我们得对他宽容 |
[15:52] | He’s only been sober for one year. | 他刚戒酒一年 |
[15:54] | He’s a one-year-old. You’re fighting with an infant! | 就像1岁小孩子 你在和婴儿计较 |
[15:57] | That infant dragged my name | 这个婴儿把我名声搞臭 |
[15:58] | through the mud and now wants us to give him $20,000! | 然后还要管我要2万 |
[16:02] | This is an investment in a business for our son. | 这是给我们儿子的生意投资 |
[16:04] | What?! He’s quit drinking, and now magically, | 啥 他刚戒酒 现在又神奇地 |
[16:06] | he knows how to run a business?! | 了解怎么做生意了吗 |
[16:07] | See? You are still stuck in this stupid death struggle, | 看 你心里有个愚蠢的死结 |
[16:10] | that you have had with him since he was born! | 从他出生起你就有了 |
[16:12] | Francis has changed, and you have got to face that fact! | Francis已经改变了 你得面对现实 |
[16:16] | No! Francis has not changed! | 不 Francis没变 |
[16:18] | He has just changed his tricks to get what he wants. | 他只是在变着法子搞到他想要的 |
[16:20] | This whole day has been about getting us to sign that loan! | 折腾这么一天就是为了从我们这里借钱 |
[16:23] | There you go again! | 你又来了 |
[16:24] | I know for a fact this is not about the loan! | 我知道这不关借钱什么事 |
[16:26] | How? How do you know that? | 是吗 你怎么知道 |
[16:27] | Because I’ve already signed it, okay?! | 因为我已经签字了 好吗 |
[16:29] | So can we just move on?! | 我们能不能看开点 |
[16:31] | What?! | 啥 |
[16:56] | – Nothing yet. – I wish there was something I could do. | – 什么都还没 – 真希望我们能做些什么 |
[16:58] | – I feel so helpless. – Just think good thoughts. | – 我觉得好无助 – 往好处想 |
[17:05] | Reese, quick, the colander! | Reese 快拿筛网 |
[17:24] | Where do we start? | 从哪开始 |
[17:26] | I guess you just… | 我觉得就 |
[17:28] | go for it. | 直接上吧 |
[17:32] | Dewey Dewey! | |
[17:33] | – He had the key all along! – No! | – 他一直就有钥匙 – 不是吧 |
[17:35] | That little… | 那个小混 |
[17:37] | What are you doing? | 你在干嘛 |
[17:38] | There could be a spare. | 也许有备用的呢 |
[17:41] | I cannot believe you went behind my back on this! | 你怎么能背着我干这个 |
[17:45] | If you think you’re going | 要是你觉得你能 |
[17:45] | to get away with this, you are sadly mistaken! | 没事走开 你就大错特错了 |
[17:47] | $20,000, Francis?! | 2万啊 Francis |
[17:49] | How in the world would you… | 你凭什么 |
[17:51] | – What’s this? – The loan. | – 这是什么 – 贷款 |
[17:54] | If you’re not on board, we won’t do it. | 你们如果不想干 我们就不做了 |
[17:56] | What? | 啥 |
[17:57] | I don’t want you and Dad fighting because of us. | 我不想你们为我们争吵 |
[18:00] | This is not how we wanted to start our business. | 我们不希望事业是这样开始的 |
[18:02] | Piama and I will just get the money from someone else. | Piama会从其他人那里弄到钱的 |
[18:04] | But I was… | 但是我 |
[18:07] | – Really? – Absolutely. | – 真的吗 – 当然 |
[18:08] | Come on. Let’s go get something to eat. | 来吧 去吃点东西 |
[18:10] | Oh, that new Thai place just opened up around the corner. | 附近刚开了家泰式餐厅 |
[18:13] | Sounds good to me. | 听着不错 |
[18:14] | Dad, you better get your jacket. It might get cold. | 老爸你最好穿上夹克 外面可能有点冷 |
[18:16] | Okay. | 好 |
[18:16] | Francis Francis? | |
[18:18] | Yeah, Mom? | 怎么了 妈 |
[18:19] | Are you sure you don’t want the money? | 你确定你不要钱吗 |
[18:21] | Mom, I don’t want anything you don’t want to give. | 妈 我不想逼你做什么事情 |
[18:28] | – Mom… – I want you to have the loan. | – 妈 – 我要你拿着这笔贷款 |
[18:31] | I was wrong. | 我错了 |
[18:33] | You’ve changed. | 你改变了 |
[18:35] | Are you serious? | 你当真吗 |
[18:36] | – Really, you don’t have to do this. – Oh, I know. | – 说真的 你不必这样 – 我知道 |
[18:39] | That’s why I want you to have it. | 所以我才要你拿着钱 |
[18:41] | So that you and Piama can start your business with our blessing. | 那样你和Piama就能在我们的祝福下开始生意了 |
[18:49] | Wow, Mom, this is huge! | 哇 妈 不得了呢 |
[18:51] | – Well, it is a lot of money. – Not the loan…you. | – 事啊 钱不少呢 – 不是说钱 是你 |
[18:54] | – What? – You actually admitted you were wrong. | – 啥 – 你刚承认自己错了 |
[18:57] | That’s the first step. | 那是第一步 |
[18:58] | Are you ready to take the next one? | 你准备好下一步了吗 |
[18:59] | What are you talking about? What step? | 你说什么呢 什么下一步 |
[19:01] | The first step to admitting you’re an alcoholic. | 你承认自己酗酒的第一步 |
[19:05] | I’m not an alcoholic. | 我不酗酒 |
[19:08] | Okay, you’re not ready. | 好吧 你还没准备好 |
[19:10] | This is my fault. They tell us not to do this. It… | 都怪我 他们告诉我别这么干的 |
[19:13] | has to come from you. Is everybody ready to go? | 这得发自你内心 大家准备走了么 |
[19:15] | Francis, I don’t drink. | Francis 我不喝酒 |
[19:16] | I mean, maybe I have a glass of champagne on my birthday… | 我大概也就过生日喝杯香槟 |
[19:19] | – Every birthday? – What does that have to do with anything? | – 每个生日吗 – 那有什么关系 |
[19:21] | I think we should get going… | 我觉得我们还是走吧 |
[19:22] | Come on, Mom, you have the classic signs. | 得了吧 老妈 你有所有典型症状 |
[19:24] | Irrational behavior, not able to control your emotions. | 无理的行为 没法控制情绪 |
[19:27] | Everybody else is the problem. | 总觉得是别人错了 |
[19:28] | Francis, I do not drink. | Francis 我不喝酒 |
[19:30] | I am not an alcoholic. | 我不酗酒 |
[19:31] | Mom, you don’t have to drink to be an alcoholic. | 老妈 你又不是非要喝酒才是酗酒 |
[19:34] | Yeah, you do! | 必须是啊 |
[19:35] | Alcoholism. | 酗酒成瘾 |
[19:37] | It’s in the name. | 名如其意 |
[19:38] | I think your mother’s right on this. | 我觉得你妈这次是对的 |
[19:39] | No, she’s not. | 不 她不对 |
[19:41] | I barely drank, and I’m an alcoholic. | 我几乎不喝酒 但我酗酒 |
[19:43] | It’s true; I’ve only seen him tipsy once. | 是真的 我只见他醉过一次 |
[19:45] | He gets sick. I can’t even give him cough syrup. | 他病了 我都没法喂他喝咳嗽糖浆 |
[19:47] | How the hell can you call | 你不喝酒怎么能 |
[19:49] | yourself an alcoholic if you don’t even drink?! | 声称自己是酗酒呢 |
[19:51] | What do you mean?! My life was a wreck! | 你什么意思 我生活一团糟 |
[19:53] | I had no future, no hope. | 我没有未来 没有希望 |
[19:55] | – I had all the signs. – Except for the alcohol part. | – 我有一切症状 – 除了不喝酒 |
[19:58] | Why do you keep harping on that?! | 你为什么要喋喋不休讲那个 |
[20:00] | Why do you have to do that?! | 你干嘛非要那样 |
[20:01] | You never let me have anything! | 你从来不让我有任何东西 |
[20:02] | You wouldn’t let me have that bike or those throwing stars! | 你不让我有自行车 还有其他好礼物 |
[20:04] | Now you won’t let me have alcoholism… | 现在你又不让我有酗酒问题 |
[20:06] | the one thing I’m doing right in my life! | 这是我生活中唯一做对的事情 |
[20:08] | Unbelievable. | 难以置信 |
[20:09] | If it’s not me, it’s alcohol, right? | 不是我的错 就是酗酒的错 对吗 |
[20:12] | The problem’s always somewhere else. | 问题总是别人造成的 |
[20:14] | Francis, you need to take a look in the mirror. | Francis 你得好好照照镜子 |
[20:17] | Come on, Hal, let’s go home. | 来吧 Hal 回家了 |
[20:19] | Wait a minute. | 等等 |
[20:21] | You can’t walk out on me! | 你不能这样抛弃我 |
[20:23] | This is your problem, too! | 这是你造成的问题 |
[20:26] | At least you support me, right, Dad? | 至少你还站我一边 对吧老爸 |
[20:28] | You know, I thought I did, son, but then | 我本以为是的 儿子 但是 |
[20:30] | I realized I was just doing it for all the wrong reasons. | 我意识到我的动机是完全不对的 |
[20:33] | I was just trying to buy your love. | 我只是在试着买你的爱 |
[20:39] | See you on your real birthday, son. | 等你真正过生日那天再见了 儿子 |
[20:55] | You know, maybe Mom was right. | 知道吗 我妈也许是对的 |
[20:57] | I was blaming her and the alcohol for my problems… | 我把问题归结在她和酗酒上 |
[21:01] | when the real problem was always right in front of me… | 其实真正的问题就在我面前呢 |
[21:05] | Me?! | 我啊 |
[21:06] | Yes, you. | 是啊 你啊 |
[21:07] | Who else could it be? | 还能是谁 |
[21:08] | Why didn’t you tell me I wasn’t an alcoholic?! | 你干嘛不告诉我这不是酗酒问题 |
[21:10] | How am I supposed to know?! You seemed messed up to me. | 我怎么知道 是你把我搞糊涂了 |
[21:12] | You made me look like an idiot! | 你让我看着像个白痴一样 |
[21:14] | – That wasn’t hard to do. – Was that an insult?! | – 你本来就是 – 你这句话是侮辱吗 |