时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:01] | Okay, only six more days | 再过六天 |
[00:04] | till you, me, Andi and Marcy are on a plane to Vegas. | 我们就能带安迪和玛茜去拉斯维加斯啦 |
[00:08] | we have been planning this trip for three years | 这次旅行已经计划了三年 |
[00:10] | and something always, always screws it up. | 每次都会临时出状况 |
[00:13] | Well, it was your fault we cancelled last year. | 不过去年取消应该怪你 |
[00:15] | You had to go out and get food poisoning. | 你为什么非要食物中毒呢 |
[00:18] | Yeah, because you cooked me fish you bought from a guy in a van. | 那是因为你给我吃了从货车里买的鱼 |
[00:21] | He was wearing a captain’s hat. He seemed legit. | 他当时戴着船长帽 感觉很专业啊 |
[00:25] | And the year before that, you had to pet that coyote. | 还有前年 你就非得养那只土狼 |
[00:28] | He came right up to me. | 它自己走到我面前的 |
[00:31] | Okay, for the next six days, we play it safe. | 好吧 接下来的六天 要谨慎行事 |
[00:34] | No dares, no bets, | 不许玩大冒险 不许打赌 |
[00:37] | no making the crew laugh with your nail gun tricks. | 不许用你那把钉枪逗大家笑 |
[00:41] | Nothing is gonna get in the way of our trip. All right? | 这次旅行绝对不能再搅黄了 明白吗 |
[00:44] | Did you confirm the hotel reservation? | 你跟酒店确认预订了吗 |
[00:46] | Yeah, I even talked them into giving us the convention discount. | 对 我还问他们要到了合作折扣价 |
[00:50] | Okay, what’s the catch? | 你答应了什么条件 |
[00:51] | No catch. Just, someone’s gonna have to | 没条件 就是咱们得找个人 |
[00:53] | pretend to be a podiatrist. | 伪装成足科医生 |
[00:55] | And, um, possibly give a quick 90-minute speech. | 而且 大概还得做一个半小时演讲 |
[01:00] | Hey, Emme, how was ballet? | 艾米回来啦 芭蕾课怎么样 |
[01:03] | Great, I was the cutest one. | 可好了 我最可爱了 |
[01:06] | She’s gonna be trouble, isn’t she? | 她是不是惹麻烦了 |
[01:09] | Yeah, a little bit. | 可能是 |
[01:11] | Six days to Vegas. I know, I’m excited. | 还有六天去拉斯维加斯 好激动 |
[01:15] | Oh, but, uh, guess what I heard at ballet? Hmm? | 你猜我在芭蕾课上听说了什么 |
[01:17] | Chad Thompson had a birthday party last week | 查德·汤普森上周开了生日派对 |
[01:19] | and Teddy wasn’t invited. | 没有邀请泰迪 |
[01:20] | What? Wait, which one’s Chad Thompson? | 什么 查德·汤普森是谁 |
[01:23] | The one that calls you “Toots”? | 是那个叫你宝贝的吗 |
[01:25] | No, no, no, no, no, no, no. | 不 不是 |
[01:25] | He’s the one who’s got the head that’s too big for his body. | 是那个身子小脑袋大的男孩 |
[01:28] | Oh, yeah, yeah, Bubblehead Thompson, yeah. | 我想起来了 泡泡头·汤普森 |
[01:31] | I just– I hope Teddy’s not upset. | 好吧 希望泰迪没有不开心 |
[01:33] | Oh, well, let’s find out. | 我们去看看 |
[01:35] | I don’t suggest this often, | 一般我不会这么说 |
[01:36] | but let’s go talk to our children. | 不过我们去跟孩子们聊聊吧 |
[01:44] | Okay, you go. | 你去吧 |
[01:47] | Why don’t you go? You’re closer. | 你为什么不去 你比较近 |
[01:52] | Teddy? | 泰迪 |
[01:56] | Listen, uh, Mom wants to talk to you. | 是这样 你妈妈想找你聊聊 |
[02:03] | So, Teddy… | 泰迪… |
[02:06] | Hey, what’s going on with Chad Thompson these days? | 这几天你跟查德·汤普森怎么了 |
[02:08] | I-I heard he had a birthday party last week? | 听说他上周开了生日派对 |
[02:11] | I didn’t want to go to that. | 我不想去就没去 |
[02:13] | We don’t really hang out anymore. | 我们已经不一起玩了 |
[02:16] | Well, so, who do you hang out with? | 那你现在跟谁玩 |
[02:18] | The guys who play Astroline Rebellion, | 玩《阿斯特洛林反叛》的那些人 |
[02:19] | the greatest computer game of all time. | 简直是史上最棒的电子游戏 |
[02:23] | So, kids at your school play that? | 是你们学校孩子们玩的吗 |
[02:25] | No. I’ve never met them in person. | 不是 我没见过他们 |
[02:26] | They’re online friends. | 我们是网友 |
[02:31] | – That is, um… – Troubling? | -这样啊 真是… -太可怕了 |
[02:35] | They’re great guys– | 他们人很好 |
[02:36] | SpaceBoss, LonerZero, TheGoobs43. | 太空王者 零度独行侠 还有古波43 |
[02:39] | The-the goobs? What-what’s a goobs? | 古波 古波是什么东西 |
[02:42] | Wh-What kind of kids are these? | 这些孩子是什么人 |
[02:44] | They’re called dorks. | 所谓呆子 |
[02:47] | All right, but, um, sweetie, | 不过 宝贝 |
[02:48] | you-you hang out with actual kids at your school, too, right? | 你也会跟学校里小朋友一起玩 对吗 |
[02:52] | Yeah, yeah, kids you definitely know aren’t, like, | 对 就是学校里你认识的小朋友 |
[02:53] | grown men in some Internet cafe in Bangkok. | 而不是泡在曼谷网吧里的老男人 |
[02:58] | Not really. I’m more of an online presence these days. | 算了 我最近比较喜欢在网上玩 |
[03:04] | Oh, I should have taken him fishing more. | 我应该多带他去钓鱼的 |
[03:09] | Okay, I didn’t do it sooner | 我之前没订机票 |
[03:11] | because I didn’t want to jinx it. | 是因为我不想太早立旗帜 |
[03:12] | But I booked our flights to Vegas. | 不过我订好了去拉斯维加斯的机票 |
[03:14] | Great news: all middle seats. | 好消息 都是中间座位 |
[03:18] | Okay, how come we let Don plan these trips? | 为什么要让老唐来安排这次旅行 |
[03:20] | Next year, we got to make sure | 明年 我们绝对必须 |
[03:21] | someone’s in charge of making sure he’s not in charge. | 找个负责人来负责让他不负责 |
[03:24] | I don’t if now is the right time to go, you know? | 我觉得现在去旅行可能不合适 |
[03:26] | I mean, what, with Teddy and the space goobers. | 毕竟泰迪现在开始跟太空古波人玩了 |
[03:29] | What? So he’s a nerd. He’s happy. | 这怎么了 他变成了宅男 开心就好 |
[03:33] | You’re just saying that ’cause you want to go to Vegas. | 你这样说只是因为你想去拉斯维加斯 |
[03:35] | Yes. Yes, but also, he seems fine. | 对 但是他看起来没问题 |
[03:38] | Yeah, the world needs nerds. | 对 世界需要宅男 |
[03:40] | What do you think would have happened if Bill Gates’ parents | 要是比尔盖茨的父母发现他是宅男 |
[03:42] | had freaked out about him being a nerd, huh? | 结果反应激烈大吵大闹怎么办 |
[03:44] | There’d be no Angry Birds, I’ll tell you that. | 世界上就再也没有《愤怒的小鸟》了 |
[03:47] | I just don’t want the other kids to think | 我只是不希望其他孩子 |
[03:48] | he’s weird and then give him a hard time. | 觉得他很逊 然后欺负他 |
[03:51] | Growing up is tough. | 成长本来就不容易 |
[03:52] | You know, I don’t have any personal experience | 其实我自己没什么经验 |
[03:54] | being an outsider, ’cause I’ve always been hot and athletic. | 没被孤立过 因为我从来都是人群焦点 |
[03:57] | But, um, | 但是 |
[03:59] | I think Don can relate. Mm. | 我觉得老唐有共鸣 |
[04:02] | Yeah. In high school, | 对 高中时 |
[04:03] | Jimmy Dugan used to follow me around | 吉米·杜根总跟着我 |
[04:05] | and call me a shaved gorilla. | 叫我脱毛大猩猩 |
[04:09] | Oh, a shaved gorilla. That’s a… | 脱毛大猩猩 真是… |
[04:13] | Yeah, well, I was a nerd growing up and it wasn’t easy. | 我小时候很宅 所以受了很多苦 |
[04:16] | You know, you’re always saying that, | 虽然你总是这么说 |
[04:17] | but I am not buying it. | 但我一直不信 |
[04:19] | If anything, you were a hot nerd. | 就算宅 你也是个美女宅 |
[04:20] | Like, uh, like Velma on Scooby-Doo. | 就像《小狗史酷比》里的威尔玛 |
[04:25] | Ah, you think so, huh? | 你真这么想吗 |
[04:26] | Oh, yeah. | 对啊 |
[04:27] | When you wear your reading glasses… | 你戴上眼镜的样子… |
[04:29] | All right… | 好了… |
[04:33] | Well, that’s because I didn’t go to the same high school | 那是因为我没跟你们仨 |
[04:35] | as the three of you. | 上同一所高中 |
[04:36] | Okay, I am gonna tell you guys something | 好吧 我要向你们说一件 |
[04:38] | I have never told anyone before. | 从未跟其他人说过的事 |
[04:41] | My freshman year… | 我高一的时候 |
[04:42] | You slept with a teacher? You got a boob job? | 跟老师上过床 隆过胸 |
[04:44] | Why is no one else guessing? | 其他人怎么不猜 |
[04:46] | Okay, I had just moved here | 好吧 我当时 |
[04:47] | from Virginia and I hadn’t made many friends. | 刚从弗吉尼亚州搬来 没什么朋友 |
[04:50] | I thought, “I’m gonna make a big splash at the homecoming game.” | 我就打算在返校日那天惊艳全场 |
[04:52] | So, I go to the mall. | 我去了商场 |
[04:54] | And there, in the window, is a leather suit. Okay? | 橱窗里看到一套皮衣 |
[04:58] | Just like the one Eddie Murphy wore in his stand-up special. | 就像艾迪·墨菲单口相声专场时穿的那件 |
[05:01] | It was shiny, skintight | 特别闪亮 紧身 |
[05:04] | and bright red. | 亮红色的 |
[05:05] | Oh, no. | 我去 |
[05:06] | Oh, yeah. | 是的哦 |
[05:08] | And I spent all my babysitting money on it | 我把当保姆挣来的钱全花上边了 |
[05:10] | ’cause I thought… | 因为我觉得 |
[05:11] | “With this suit, I can’t lose.” | 人靠衣装嘛 |
[05:14] | I hope this works out for her. | 我希望这个故事结局是好的 |
[05:17] | You’re not good with tone, are you? | 你眼力价不咋样啊 |
[05:19] | Yeah, i realized my mistake as soon as I hit the bleachers. | 我坐上冷板凳的时候就意识到错误了 |
[05:23] | You see… | 那个 |
[05:24] | leather makes a sound. | 皮料会发出声音 |
[05:28] | It’s a sound that-that makes people stop | 别人听到这种声音都会停下来 |
[05:30] | and stare. | 盯着我看 |
[05:33] | Why do I know this story? | 我为什么觉得这个故事很熟悉 |
[05:34] | And that’s when I started to sweat. A lot. | 当时我就开始流汗了 狂流 |
[05:37] | And then, | 然后 |
[05:37] | a cheerleader from the other school | 另一个学校的拉拉队员 |
[05:39] | saw me in my Eddie Murphy suit | 看见我穿着这套艾迪·墨菲的衣服 |
[05:41] | and she flipped her little ponytail at me and she said, | 冲我甩了一下马尾 然后她说 |
[05:44] | “Oh, hey, look, it’s…” sweaty Murphy. | 快看 是汗臭墨菲 |
[05:46] | What? | 什么 |
[05:53] | But how did you know that? | 你怎么知道的 |
[05:55] | Wait a minute, wait a minute. | 等一下 等一下 |
[05:56] | You’re Sweaty Murphy? | 你就是汗臭墨菲 |
[06:00] | I played in that game. | 我参加了那场比赛 |
[06:02] | We talked about you in the huddle. | 我们在碰头的时候还聊到你 |
[06:03] | We laughed so hard, they threw a flag. | 我们笑得都不行了 他们还冲我们扔旗子 |
[06:07] | No, no, no, no, | 不不不不 |
[06:08] | the only way you would know that is if… | 你要知道这件事 唯一的可能性是… |
[06:12] | Oh, my God. | 我的天哪 |
[06:15] | You’re the girl with the ponytail. | 你就是那个梳马尾辫的 |
[06:18] | And you’re the girl in the suit, | 你就是那个穿套装的 |
[06:20] | this is so funny! | 简直太好玩了 |
[06:24] | You don’t think it’s funny. | 你并不觉得好玩 |
[06:26] | Well, I’m just glad | 还好你没什么事 |
[06:27] | you’re okay, because word on the street was | 我很庆幸 因为外面传说 |
[06:29] | that Sweaty Murphy went crazy | 汗臭墨菲疯掉了 |
[06:30] | and ended up in a home somewhere. | 去了哪里的流浪之家 |
[06:32] | Yeah, my home. | 我家 |
[06:34] | I can’t believe I married Sweaty Murphy! | 不敢相信我居然娶了汗臭墨菲 |
[06:38] | It’s not funny. | 一点也不好笑 |
[06:38] | It’s a little funny. | 有一点好笑的 |
[06:39] | Funny. | 好笑 |
[06:41] | I can’t believe we have been friends | 简直不敢相信我们做了这么多年朋友 |
[06:43] | all these years and that was you. | 那居然是你 |
[06:45] | You are not really mad about this, are you? | 你不会真的为了这事生气吧 |
[06:47] | It was years ago. | 那是多少年前了 |
[06:49] | No, no, I’m not mad. | 不不 我不生气 |
[06:52] | I mean, I guess I would have recognized you sooner, | 我应该早点认出你来的 |
[06:54] | but your hair’s too thin for a ponytail now. | 可你的头发现在这么少 梳不起马尾了 |
[06:59] | Oh, yeah, I said it. | 我就说了怎么的吧 |
[07:06] | Don, car. | 大唐 开车 |
[07:07] | No, no, no, don’t bother leaving, | 不不不 你们不用走 |
[07:09] | I’m going upstairs. | 我上楼去了 |
[07:15] | Yeah. Well, I’m glad none of that was Marcy’s fault. | 还好都不是玛茜的错 |
[07:22] | What are you talking about? | 你说什么呢 |
[07:23] | Well, I’m just practicing for the car ride home. | 我在为待会开车回家做准备 |
[07:40] | Oh, boy. How was your night? | 你昨晚怎么样 |
[07:42] | Bad. | 不怎么样 |
[07:43] | Marcy wanted to talk. | 玛茜想跟我聊天 |
[07:44] | I spent years training her not to depend on me | 我花了这么多年训练她不要在情绪上 |
[07:46] | for emotional support. That’s all out the window! | 寻求我的支持 功夫全白费了 |
[07:50] | After you guys left, | 你们走了以后 |
[07:52] | Andi went off about Marcy. | 安迪为了玛茜的事大发飙 |
[07:54] | She went through all the English curse words, | 她把英语里所有骂人的词汇都用了一遍 |
[07:56] | then started swearing in Portuguese like her grandmother. | 然后开始像她奶奶一样用葡萄牙语骂 |
[07:59] | This Vegas trip is starting to feel very shaky. | 拉斯维加斯的旅行感觉摇摇欲坠了 |
[08:01] | Oh, don’t even say that. I need this trip. | 不能这么说 我需要这趟旅行 |
[08:04] | All year, I’ve been working in this dump… | 我一整年都在这垃圾堆里忙活… |
[08:05] | Hey, hey, hey, hey. This is our business. | 这可是我们的生意 |
[08:09] | I’m sorry, you know I love this place, | 抱歉 你知道我爱这里的 |
[08:10] | but the thought of Vegas is the only thing | 可是拉斯维加斯这个念头 |
[08:12] | that gets me through the day in this hellhole. | 是唯一能支撑我在这个火坑里多活一天的理由了 |
[08:15] | Look, I want to go, too. | 我也想去 |
[08:16] | But I don’t think it’s gonna happen, | 可我是觉得去不了了 |
[08:17] | unless Marcy apologizes. | 除非玛茜道歉 |
[08:19] | Well, there’s two things Marcy never does: | 有两件事是玛茜从来不做的 |
[08:22] | one of them, she did before we got married | 其中一件 她在我们结婚前做过 |
[08:23] | and then she stopped. | 后来不干了 |
[08:26] | The one you’re talking about, she’s never done. | 而你说的那一件 她从来没做过 |
[08:30] | Well, we got to figure out a way to talk her into it. | 那我们一定要想个办法说服她 |
[08:32] | Yeah, I’ll be fine. | 我是没什么关系 |
[08:34] | You know, it’s been so long, I don’t even miss it anymore. | 都过去这么久了 我现在根本不想了 |
[08:40] | Oh, you mean the other thing. | 你是说另一件事 |
[08:44] | You want me to apologize? | 你们想让我道歉 |
[08:46] | That’s a great idea. | 真是个好主意 |
[08:49] | Adam, you know I love Andi. | 亚当 你知道我爱安迪 |
[08:51] | She’s one of my best friends, but she totally overreacted. | 她是我的好朋友 可她完全反应过度了 |
[08:55] | All right, between you and me, | 好吧 我私下告诉你 |
[08:56] | I totally agree. | 我同意你说的 |
[08:58] | Also between you and me, I never said that. | 同样私下告诉你 我没说过这话 |
[09:01] | She also said a very hurtful thing to me. | 她也说了很多伤害我的事 |
[09:04] | My hair is thick and luxurious, right, Don? | 我的头发又多又美 是不是大唐 |
[09:07] | Like a yak’s chest, baby. | 就跟牦牛胸毛一样茂密 宝贝 |
[09:10] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[09:12] | Well, look, Marcy, | 你看 玛茜 |
[09:13] | you are a very powerful woman. | 你是一名很有力量的女性 |
[09:15] | Like a yak! | 像头牦牛 |
[09:19] | Okay, uh, Don here is a shell of a man, | 而大唐也是个爷们 |
[09:22] | so job well done. | 都是你教导有方 |
[09:24] | But with that power comes responsibility. | 可力量也带来责任 |
[09:27] | You have the opportunity now to be the bigger person. | 你现在有机会展现你的胸怀 |
[09:31] | Hmm. Appealing to my vanity, I like it. | 从我的虚荣心着手 我喜欢 |
[09:35] | Okay, I’ll do it. | 好吧 我道歉 |
[09:36] | Yes! Great. This’ll mean a lot to Andi. | 太好了 安迪会很开心的 |
[09:39] | Oh, and when you do it, | 等你道歉的时候 |
[09:40] | if she starts talking in Portuguese, | 如果她开始说葡萄牙语 |
[09:42] | just power through, that’s all compliments. | 只管说你的 她那都是赞美 |
[09:48] | There she is. | 她回来了 |
[09:49] | Surprise! | 惊喜吧 |
[09:51] | Look who came to see you. | 看看谁来看你了 |
[09:55] | Hello, Marcy. | 你好啊 玛茜 |
[09:56] | That was in English, that’s a good sign. | 用英语说的 是个好兆头 |
[09:59] | So, Andi, I just wanted to say… | 安迪 我想跟你说… |
[10:01] | Oh, you know what? Nothing you say can change what happened. | 你知道吗 你不论说什么都改变不了已经发生的事 |
[10:05] | All right? I mean, all these years, I have regretted | 好吧 这么多年来我一直在后悔 |
[10:07] | not thinking of the perfect comeback | 当年没有想到完美的报复 |
[10:08] | for when you called me “Sweaty Murphy”… | 你叫我汗臭墨菲这件事 |
[10:09] | …but I see now | 但我现在明白了 |
[10:11] | that I’m not small and mean like you. | 我不像你那样小气和刻薄 |
[10:14] | I don’t have to blow out other people’s candles | 我不需要去熄灭他人的光 |
[10:16] | to make mine shine brighter. | 来让自己更闪耀 |
[10:19] | I saw that on a poster in the dentist’s office, | 我是在牙医办公室的海报上学到这句话的 |
[10:22] | I thought it was quite something. | 我觉得这句话很不错 |
[10:24] | You know what? | 这么说吧 |
[10:25] | I cannot believe that you are still upset about something | 我不敢相信你现在还在为 |
[10:27] | that happened when we were kids! | 我们小时候发生的事而生气 |
[10:30] | It’s kind of crazy. | 这也太神经了 |
[10:31] | Who are you calling crazy, doll hair? | 你说谁神经呢 娃娃头 |
[10:33] | Oh! Okay, okay, okay, | 好了 好了 |
[10:35] | I think we’re moving in the wrong direction here. | 现在势头可不大对啊 |
[10:37] | Honey, Marcy came over to apologize. | 亲爱的 玛茜是过来道歉的 |
[10:39] | No, no, I am not apologizing anymore. | 不 不 我不向任何人道歉了 |
[10:41] | She’s completely overreacting again. | 她这次又小题大做了 |
[10:43] | Overreact– uh. A-Are you hearing this? | 小题大做 你听见了吗 |
[10:46] | Do you think I’m overreacting? | 你觉得我小题大做吗 |
[10:48] | Me? | 我吗 |
[10:50] | Uh… Do I think you’re overreacting? | 你是问我觉得你小题大做吗 |
[10:52] | She’s looking right at you. Everyone in the room | 她看的就是你啊 这里的每个人都知道 |
[10:54] | knows she’s talking to you. | 她在跟你说话 |
[10:57] | Adam? | 亚当 |
[11:00] | Well, you are reacting. | 你确实做出了反应 |
[11:03] | And it’s definitely not too little. | 而且还不只一点点 |
[11:06] | It’s… Well, there’s underreacting. | 我是说你有反应不足的时候 |
[11:10] | Right? Then there’s regular reacting. You know. | 对吧 然后也有反应比较正常的时候 |
[11:13] | Then there’s, uh… you. | 然后也有… |
[11:15] | That means over! | 这不就是说我反应过了吗 |
[11:16] | I never said it! | 我可没这么说啊 |
[11:18] | All right. I gave it a shot, Adam. | 好了 我已经试过了 亚当 |
[11:20] | I’m out. Don, car. | 我放弃了 老唐 车 |
[11:26] | I never get to stay anywhere. | 我从来没在什么地方把屁股坐热过 |
[11:32] | I can’t believe you didn’t back me up. | 我不敢相信你竟然不站在我这边 |
[11:34] | Come on, Andi. I always have your back. | 拜托 安迪 我一直都站在你这边 |
[11:36] | I just don’t think that something that happened | 我只是不认为高中发生的事 |
[11:38] | in high school should cause all these problems today. | 还能影响到现在的生活 |
[11:41] | Because you turned out awesome. | 因为你现在很棒了 |
[11:42] | Well, yeah. I am pretty great. | 没错 我是非常棒 |
[11:45] | You know, but it was a long road to get here. | 但是这可花了很大的功夫 |
[11:50] | When she said, “Don, car,” I guess she meant, | 她说”老唐 车”的时候 我以为意思是 |
[11:52] | “Don, I’m taking the car.” | “老唐 我把车开走了” |
[11:54] | Okay, well, good. I’m glad you’re back, | 好吧 也好 你回来也挺好的 |
[11:55] | because you can help me. | 因为你可以帮帮我 |
[11:56] | Okay, don’t you think everybody | 你不觉得如果安迪不再计较的话 |
[11:58] | would be better off if Andi just let this go? | 对每个人来说都更好吗 |
[12:01] | Be the bigger person, and just forgive Marcy. | 大度一点 原谅玛茜吧 |
[12:05] | Yeah, I-I mean, I did that to the guy from high school | 是啊 我也原谅过一个高中同学 |
[12:07] | who used to call me a shaved gorilla. | 他以前叫我”脱毛猩猩” |
[12:09] | – Really? – Yeah. | -真的吗 -是的 |
[12:09] | Wait, you’re not just making this up as you go along? | 等等 你确定不是你后来编的吗 |
[12:11] | – No. – ‘Cause I need something good here. | -不是 -我需要你说点更有用的 |
[12:13] | No. I-It’s a nice story, actually. | 其实这故事还挺好的啊 |
[12:15] | Couple years ago, he came to me looking for a job, | 几年前 他来找我说想找个工作 |
[12:17] | and I took that opportunity to be the bigger man. | 然后我借此机会让自己更伟大 |
[12:20] | I told him to go to hell. | 我告诉他去死吧 |
[12:23] | How does that make you the bigger man? | 这怎么让你更伟大了 |
[12:25] | Well, he’s like five-seven. I’m way bigger. | 他才1米73左右 我要大多了 |
[12:28] | I knew it. | 我知道了 |
[12:28] | All the parts of a good story, but still useless. | 故事很好 但是没用 |
[12:32] | Don, why are you on his side? | 老唐 为什么你跟他一头 |
[12:34] | You were a nerd in high school, too, and he doesn’t get it. | 你在高中也是个呆子 而且他根本就不懂 |
[12:37] | I get it. | 我懂 |
[12:38] | Oh, really? Have you ever been so desperate | 是吗 你有没有感受过脱不下皮革套装 |
[12:40] | to get out of a leather suit that you broke the zipper? | 而不得不把拉链弄坏的那种绝望 |
[12:43] | And then your dad had to cut you out | 然后还得让爸爸用一把电动雕刻刀 |
[12:44] | with an electric carving knife? | 把衣服划开才把你弄出来 |
[12:47] | Okay. To be fair, that’s a really small club. | 好吧 说实话这还挺罕见的 |
[12:51] | You know, now that I think about it, | 现在我想了想 |
[12:52] | Adam sailed through high school. | 亚当的高中一帆风顺 |
[12:54] | He was always the winner, always popular. | 他什么都是赢家 也一直很受欢迎 |
[12:55] | Okay. Look, I can’t help it if people are drawn to me. | 好吧 人们都崇拜我我也没办法 |
[12:58] | I’m… magnetic. I don’t know. | 可能我太有吸引力了吧 |
[13:01] | Life’s been easy for you, hasn’t it? | 生活对于你来说很轻松对吧 |
[13:03] | It’s… It’s been a good run, yeah. | 确实挺不错的 |
[13:06] | Well, you remember at dinner, | 你还记得吃晚餐的时候 |
[13:07] | when I told you they called me a shaved gorilla? | 我说他们叫我”脱毛猩猩”吗 |
[13:10] | He laughed. | 他还笑我 |
[13:11] | Oh, no. I do remember that. | 没错 我记得 |
[13:13] | It’s a funny idea. | 这确实挺好笑的 |
[13:16] | I mean, picture a gorilla. | 幻想一下 一只猩猩 |
[13:17] | Then, you shave him. You never see that. | 还是脱了毛的 这从来没见过吧 |
[13:22] | You know, I think I’m on Andi’s side now. | 现在我要跟安迪站一边了 |
[13:24] | And I don’t think she overreacted at all. | 我也不觉得她小题大做了 |
[13:26] | I think you underreacted. | 我觉得你大题小做 |
[13:27] | You’re an underreactor. | 你是个大题小做者 |
[13:30] | You are on the right side of history, Don. | 你现在站在历史的正义方 老唐 |
[13:32] | What? What is happening here? Now you got him nuts? | 什么 这是怎么了 你又把他带疯了吗 |
[13:35] | Just because of one day, like, a million years ago? | 不就是因为好多年前的某一天发生的事吗 |
[13:38] | Adam, it wasn’t just one day. | 亚当 不只是某一天 |
[13:40] | I mean, people called me Sweaty Murphy for months. | 大家叫我”汗臭墨菲”叫了几个月 |
[13:43] | All right? Even my homeroom teacher. | 包括我的班主任 |
[13:44] | She’d do roll call in the morning, she’d be, like, | 她早上点名的时候就说 |
[13:46] | “Murphy,” Comma, “Sweaty?” | “墨菲” 逗号 “汗臭(宝贝)” |
[13:48] | And I’d have to be, like, “Here.” | 我只有回答说 “到” |
[13:51] | Oh. Okay. I didn’t know any of that. | 好吧 我也不知道这些 |
[13:54] | I think it’s time you leave, Adam. | 我觉得你该走了 亚当 |
[13:59] | It’s my house, Don. | 这是我家 老唐 |
[14:00] | Well, it looks like you win again, doesn’t it? | 好吧 这下你又赢了对吧 |
[14:12] | Hey, Marcy. | 玛茜 |
[14:13] | Why are you here? | 你来这里干嘛 |
[14:14] | Apparently, I’m on your team, now. | 现在我跟你一头了 |
[14:16] | Oh, ho, ho. We’re gonna be unstoppable! | 我们一定会势不可挡的 |
[14:17] | What? No… No! It’s not good. | 什么 不不 这可不好 |
[14:19] | So how do you want to get ’em? | 你想怎么打败他们 |
[14:20] | Okay, we’re not getting them. | 我们并不是要打败他们 |
[14:22] | Look, Andi is really upset. | 听着 安迪真的很生气 |
[14:24] | And now, she’s got Don all worked up, too. | 而且现在她把老唐也带得很生气了 |
[14:27] | She even took him to the school-parent mixer tonight, | 她甚至带他去参加今晚的家长联谊会了 |
[14:30] | instead of me, because he’s on her team. | 而不是带我 因为老唐跟她一头的 |
[14:32] | I had no idea this would be such a big deal to her. | 我完全不知道她这么在意这件事 |
[14:35] | Okay, look. I don’t think either one of us really understood | 听着 我觉得我们俩之前都没有真的 |
[14:37] | her point of view before, because she’s right. | 理解她的想法 因为她说对了 |
[14:39] | We haven’t gone through it. | 我们没有经历过 |
[14:41] | And I definitely didn’t handle things | 我没有用正确的方法 |
[14:43] | the way I should’ve. | 来处理这件事 |
[14:44] | Well, to be honest, I feel terrible. | 说实话 我也很难受 |
[14:47] | I mean, I love Andi. | 我爱安迪 |
[14:49] | But I think the reason that I got so upset was because I… | 我会这么生气的原因大概是 |
[14:52] | I wasn’t proud of the way I behaved back then. | 我觉得当初那样做很不好 |
[14:55] | I was young and selfish, and I… I didn’t care who I hurt, | 那时候我太年轻又自私 不关心会伤到谁 |
[14:58] | so, maybe Andi’s right about me. | 也许安迪说我说得对 |
[15:03] | Wow. You just said a lot of really great things | 你刚刚说了特别好的话 |
[15:06] | at a really unhelpful time. | 就是这个时间说浪费了 |
[15:09] | Okay, look. I think the question is… | 听着 我觉得该想的问题是 |
[15:11] | How do we get her to forgive us? | 我们怎么才能让她原谅我们 |
[15:13] | How would I know how to do that? | 我怎么知道该怎么做 |
[15:14] | Okay, Marcy. Look, it’s… everyone in town knows | 玛茜 听着 全市都知道 |
[15:16] | you hold a hell of a grudge. | 你特别小气 |
[15:18] | Oh, that’s nice that people notice. | 大家居然注意到了 真好 |
[15:20] | Yeah, okay, well. So, if the roles were reversed, | 对 所以 如果角色反过来 |
[15:23] | what would it take or you to forgive? | 你需要什么才能消气 |
[15:24] | Well, talking’s not gonna do it. | 光靠说是没用的 |
[15:27] | We need something to let her know | 你需要让她知道 |
[15:28] | that we understand how she feels. | 我们理解她的感受 |
[15:30] | Right? A big gesture. | 对吧 要做好这个姿态 |
[15:32] | Would that by any chance be… A trip to Vegas? | 会不会去拉斯维加斯旅行就可以 |
[15:34] | No. No. Oh. | 不可能 |
[15:36] | No. What I would need | 换成我会需要 |
[15:38] | is something that would make me feel better, | 让我觉得觉得好过些的东西 |
[15:40] | while at the same time, making you feel bad. | 与此同时 要让你难受 |
[15:43] | You know, preferably, in a public place | 最好还是在公开场合里 |
[15:44] | with a lot of people watching. | 有很多人围观 |
[15:46] | Okay? And on top of that, | 除此之外 |
[15:48] | making a profound statement about the underlying issue | 还要就引起一起麻烦的问题进行 |
[15:50] | that started the problem. | 深刻地表态 |
[15:52] | That’s all. | 就这些 |
[15:56] | My brother Don is a saint. | 我哥大唐真是个圣人 |
[16:01] | So I told Adam, | 所以我告诉亚当 |
[16:03] | I’m gonna go to the parent mixer | 我会和跟我一队的人 |
[16:04] | with someone who’s on my team: | 去参加家长联谊会 |
[16:06] | Don. | 大唐 |
[16:08] | And I misplayed my hand terribly, so I’m here. | 而我花招没玩明白 只能来了 |
[16:12] | Well, this may come as a shock to you, | 说起来你可能觉得很震惊 |
[16:13] | but I was not the most popular person | 我高中的时候 |
[16:15] | in high school either. | 也不怎么受欢迎 |
[16:16] | Oh, I believe it. You seem soft, son. | 我相信你 你长得就好欺负 孩子 |
[16:31] | Oh, my God. | 天啊 |
[16:33] | Now we got a party. | 这才叫派对 |
[16:37] | Why are you dressed like that? | 你为什么穿成这样 |
[16:39] | You… sweet, ridiculous man. | 你这个贴心可笑的男人 |
[16:44] | I want to be on Team Sweaty Murphy. | 我希望加入臭汗墨菲队 |
[16:48] | Even though you have really bad uniforms. | 虽然你的队服很丑 |
[16:51] | Honey, you didn’t have to do this. | 亲爱的 你不用这么做的 |
[16:52] | Yes. I did. | 我得这么做 |
[16:55] | And believe me, | 相信我 |
[16:56] | now I understand | 现在我理解了 |
[16:56] | how you must’ve felt. | 你当时的感受 |
[16:58] | Sweaty… in every area. | 浑身都在流臭汗 |
[17:02] | And humiliated. | 还觉得丢人 |
[17:05] | Hey, Jim. | 吉姆 |
[17:09] | Oh… Now you do get me. | 你真的懂我了 |
[17:13] | This team sucks. Take me home. | 这个队太烂了 带我回家 |
[17:16] | Ugh. Look what he wore for me. | 看他为我穿了什么 |
[17:17] | Is he not the cutest? | 他是最可爱的吧 |
[17:19] | Well, we wanted to make a point. | 我们想表明自己的态度 |
[17:22] | We? W-We who? | 我们 还有谁 |
[17:25] | We… | 我们啊 |
[17:26] | Marcy? | 玛茜 |
[17:27] | I don’t want to do this anymore, Adam! | 我不想参加了 亚当 |
[17:33] | Marcy! | 玛茜 |
[17:38] | That’s the stuff! | 真够味 |
[17:42] | Okay, I got my keys, | 好的 我拿了钥匙 |
[17:44] | I got the tickets. | 拿了机票 |
[17:44] | Vegas, here we come! | 拉斯维加斯 我们来了 |
[17:46] | I got to tell you, I didn’t think | 我必须要说 我真没想到 |
[17:47] | this would actually happen. | 这次居然能去成 |
[17:49] | Hey, are we still getting the fake doctor discount? | 那个假医生的折扣还有的吧 |
[17:51] | Yeah. I just got to write a 90-minute speech about feet. | 有 我写好了90分钟关于脚的演讲稿 |
[17:53] | I got the title. | 起的名字叫 |
[17:55] | …The Hands of Your Legs.” | 脚 你双腿的手 |
[17:58] | Okay, guys. Come on. We’re gonna drop you at Nana’s | 好的 大伙 走吧 我们往机场走 |
[18:00] | on the way to the airport. | 顺路给你们送奶奶家去 |
[18:02] | Daddy, my throat hurts. | 爸爸 我嗓子疼 |
[18:03] | What? No. No, no, no. | 什么 不要啊 |
[18:06] | Aw, honey. Come here. | 亲爱的 过来 |
[18:10] | Oh, Adam. She’s got a fever. | 亚当 她发烧了 |
[18:11] | No! No, no, no. | 不要啊 |
[18:15] | Yep. Teddy’s warm, too. | 没错 泰迪也烧起来了 |
[18:17] | Every year. | 每年都这样 |
[18:20] | What are we gonna do? Uh… | 我们怎么办 |
[18:23] | Don’t look at me. I’m a foot doctor. | 别看我 我是脚科医生 |
[18:32] | Goobs, watch your tail. | 古波们 注意身后 |
[18:34] | This guy’s level 30 xenomorph. | 那个30级的异形 |
[18:36] | Nice shot, LonerZero! | 打得漂亮 零度独行侠 |
[18:38] | High five, guys. | 击掌 大伙 |
[18:43] | Okay, that’s it. We’re going fishing next weekend. | 够了 下周末我们去钓鱼 |
[18:45] | And I’m buying you a BB gun. | 我给你买支气枪 |
[18:47] | And this is how you high five. | 这才叫击掌 |
[18:49] | With another hand. | 用两只手 |
[18:56] | Good morning, folks. | 大家早上好 |
[18:58] | Von Burns, foot doctor. | 德·伯恩斯 脚科医生 |
[19:00] | Foot specialist. | 脚专家 |
[19:02] | Footballer, if you will. | 脚员 你们也可这么叫 |
[19:06] | Let’s break down the word “Feet.” | 我们来了解一下脚这个词 |
[19:08] | From the Latin word “Feetatoe.” | 源于拉丁词汇 Feetatoe |
[19:13] | Ten toes, two feet. | 十根脚趾 两只脚 |
[19:18] | Five toes, one foot. | 五根脚趾 一只脚 |
[19:23] | I’m gonna let that sink in for the next… | 大家好好体会一些 给大家 |
[19:25] | 88 minutes. | 88分钟时间 |
[19:28] | In the meantime, | 与此同时 |
[19:29] | I’m gonna walk with my feet to the back bar, | 我要用我的双脚 走到吧台 |
[19:32] | get myself a nice little rum and Coke. | 给自己倒杯朗姆酒加可乐 |
[19:36] | These are my feet, right here, ladies and gentlemen. | 这就是我的双脚 女士们先生们 |
[19:37] | My feet are walking toward the bar in the back. | 我的双脚正走向吧台 |
[19:40] | Thank you for coming out. Enjoy the next 88 minutes. | 感谢各位的到来 请继续享受88分钟 |