时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:02] | Okay, the Burns Brothers Construction website | 伯恩斯兄弟建筑公司网站 |
[00:05] | is live… now. | 现在上线 |
[00:07] | – Yeah! – All right. | -棒 -太好了 |
[00:08] | Well, it’s been live for a while, | 其实已经上线一段时间了 |
[00:09] | but I thought this way would be more dramatic. | 但我觉得这样效果更戏剧性 |
[00:11] | And it was. | 的确是的 |
[00:13] | This is great, Lowell. | 真是太棒了 洛厄尔 |
[00:15] | I love the pictures. | 这些照片真不错 |
[00:16] | Hey, thanks for making my arm muscles so big. | 多谢你把我的胳膊肌肉弄得如此壮硕 |
[00:20] | Fun fact, those are Hulk Hogan’s arms. | 有趣的是 这是霍克·霍肯的胳膊 |
[00:25] | Why did you give Don a handlebar mustache? | 你为什么给唐弄个翘八字胡 |
[00:28] | Well, I asked for that. | 是我要求的 |
[00:29] | It makes me look like a riverboat gambler. | 令我看起来像船上的赌徒 |
[00:33] | I think it makes you look like a ’70s porn star. | 我觉得让你看起来像70年代的A片明星 |
[00:37] | I like that better. | 我更喜欢这造型了 |
[00:40] | Uh, hey, I meant to ask. | 我想问 |
[00:42] | Sunday night, how about you and Andi | 周日晚 你和安迪 |
[00:44] | have dinner with me and Jen? | 与我和珍一起吃饭好吗 |
[00:45] | Who’s Jen? Your parrot? | 谁是珍 你的鹦鹉吗 |
[00:48] | No, she’s my wife. | 不 是我的老婆 |
[00:50] | Adam, I don’t know if you know this, | 亚当 我不知道你是否知道 |
[00:51] | but I consider you a role model, a mentor, a hero. | 我把你当成榜样 导师 英雄 |
[00:56] | Andi, you hear that? You’re married to a hero. | 安迪 听到了吗 你嫁给了英雄 |
[01:00] | It would really mean a lot to me | 如果你们能和珍做朋友 |
[01:01] | if you guys got to be friends with Jen. | 对我来说意义重大 |
[01:03] | Well, I can’t believe we might actually meet your wife. | 我不敢相信我们可以见到你妻子 |
[01:05] | I mean, I’ve known you three years, | 我认识你三年了 |
[01:06] | I’ve never seen her once. | 一次也没见过她 |
[01:07] | Yeah, she travels a lot for work, | 她经常出门 |
[01:09] | but she’s in town right now. | 但现在她在家 |
[01:10] | And by travels, you mean flies around like a parrot? | 你说的出门是像鹦鹉一样到处飞吗 |
[01:14] | No, she’s not a bird, Don. | 她不是鸟 唐 |
[01:16] | All right, all right, all right, Lowell, let’s speak freely. | 好了好了 洛厄尔 咱们有话直说 |
[01:18] | Okay, is there a chance that at dinner, | 在晚饭时有没有可能 |
[01:20] | you will excuse yourself and go upstairs | 你找借口离开上楼 |
[01:22] | and come back down in a dress calling yourself Jen? Huh? | 然后穿上裙子下来说自己是珍 |
[01:27] | – Like-like a Mrs. Doubtfire thing. – Yeah. | -就像《窈窕奶爸》那样 -对 |
[01:30] | Jen exists. She’s not a parrot, she’s not Mrs. Doubtfire. | 珍是真实存在的 不是鹦鹉 不是窈窕奶爸 |
[01:33] | I’ve never had to say any of this. | 我没说这些的必要 |
[01:36] | Lowell, we’re sorry. | 洛厄尔 对不起 |
[01:37] | We would love to have dinner with you guys. | 我们当然乐意和你们共进晚餐 |
[01:39] | Uh, why don’t you come over Sunday night? | 你们周日过来 |
[01:40] | I’ll make a lasagna. | 我做千层面 |
[01:41] | Yeah, maybe pull the blinds over the windows | 也许把百叶窗拉下来 |
[01:43] | so she doesn’t fly into the glass. | 这样她飞的时候不会撞到玻璃上 |
[01:49] | She’s not a bird, Don. | 她不是鸟 唐 |
[01:51] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[01:52] | Yeah, I’m vouching for you here, | 我为你担保了 |
[01:53] | so I’m gonna look like an idiot if you walk in the door | 如果你走进大门时 你老婆在你肩膀上 |
[01:55] | with your wife on your shoulder. | 我就会像白痴一样 |
[01:59] | All right, Lowell and Jen’ll be here any minute. | 洛厄尔和珍随时会来 |
[02:01] | I got three bottles of wine. Do you think that’s enough? | 我准备了三瓶红酒 够了吗 |
[02:03] | I have no idea. | 不知道 |
[02:05] | I mean, we don’t know who or what | 我们不知道洛厄尔走进来时 |
[02:07] | is gonna come through that front door with Lowell. | 会带着谁 或什么 |
[02:10] | I mean, we’ve never seen Jen. | 我们从未见过珍 |
[02:11] | Yeah. There’s got to be a reason. | 肯定是有原因的 |
[02:14] | Maybe she’s really old. | 也许她非常老了 |
[02:16] | You know? | 知道吗 |
[02:17] | Like, uh, Granny from The Beverly Hillbillies. | 就像《贝弗利山人》里的老奶奶 |
[02:21] | Hey, I could see Granny marrying Lowell. | 我可以想象老奶奶嫁给洛厄尔 |
[02:24] | Look, how-how late do you think this thing is gonna go? | 你觉得晚饭会吃到什么时候 |
[02:26] | ‘Cause I got a very important date | 因为我和”脱裤子 |
[02:27] | with taking off my pants and watching TV. | 看电视”有个重要约会 |
[02:30] | I am way ahead of you on that. Katie’s gonna come down | 我早想到了 凯蒂会在9点半左右下楼 |
[02:33] | around 9:30 and say she’s not feeling well. | 说她不舒服 |
[02:35] | End the night gracefully. | 优雅地结束今晚 |
[02:36] | Nice. Nice. We’ll sick-kid ’em. | 漂亮 漂亮 用”孩子病”这招 |
[02:39] | I mean, we spent a lot of money on these kids, | 我们在孩子身上花了很多钱 |
[02:41] | it’s time to get some use out of ’em. | 是时候利用一下 |
[02:43] | Right? | 对吧 |
[02:50] | Hi, everybody. This is Jen. | 大家好 这是珍 |
[02:56] | He’s alone. It’s happening. | 他一个人 真的发生了 |
[03:00] | No, she’s coming right behind me. | 不 她在我后面 |
[03:08] | Dad, my birthday wish came true. | 爸 我的生日愿望成真了 |
[03:23] | And that’s when I realized | 那时我意识到 |
[03:24] | I couldn’t be a swimsuit model forever. | 我不可能永远做泳装模特 |
[03:26] | So I opened my own agency. | 所以我自己创办了经纪人公司 |
[03:28] | You were a model? | 你曾经是模特 |
[03:30] | I-I can see that. Sure, sure. | 我看出来了 当然 |
[03:33] | Not to brag, but she was the first one to say | 不是想吹嘘 但是她第一个说 |
[03:36] | why do we only show cleavage from the front? | 为什么我们只露前面的乳沟 |
[03:38] | Why can’t we show some from the side? | 为什么我们不从侧面露一些呢 |
[03:42] | You invented side-boob? | 你发明了”侧边半球” |
[03:47] | So how-how come we never see you around school? | 怎么我们从来没在学校见过你 |
[03:49] | Well, I travel a lot for work. | 我经常出公差 |
[03:51] | And I hate to miss that stuff. | 我也讨厌错过 |
[03:52] | You know how it is when you’re a working mom. | 你知道在职妈妈的感受 |
[03:54] | You always feel guilty about something. | 总是为什么而内疚 |
[03:56] | I do know that. Oh, my God. | 我知道 我的天 |
[03:59] | I love her. She gets me. | 我爱她 她懂我 |
[04:02] | Just like I get you, Adam. | 就像我懂你一样 亚当 |
[04:08] | This doesn’t seem fair. | 感觉不太公平 |
[04:11] | So how did you two meet? | 你俩怎么认识的 |
[04:13] | Like, what place are you two people both going? | 哪种地方是你们俩人都会去的 |
[04:18] | It’s actually a pretty romantic story. | 其实是一个非常浪漫的故事 |
[04:20] | We were in the Peace Corps, building schools in the Amazon. | 我们都参加了和平队 在亚马逊建学校 |
[04:23] | What the– what? The Amazon? | 什么 亚马逊 |
[04:26] | One day, we were deep in the jungle | 有天在丛林深处 |
[04:28] | and I fell and broke my ankle. | 我摔倒扭伤了脚踝 |
[04:30] | And Lowell carried me two miles back to camp. | 洛厄尔背了我两英里回营地 |
[04:33] | You carried her? | 你背她 |
[04:36] | Wait, this really happened? | 这是真的吗 |
[04:37] | Pick her up right now. | 现在背一背看看 |
[04:41] | And this sweet, caring man spent hours with me | 这个甜美有心的男人 在我康复的每天 |
[04:43] | each day while I recovered. | 都陪我几个小时 |
[04:45] | She would sleep and I would just watch her. | 她睡着了我就看着她 |
[04:49] | First woman I ever dated who didn’t find that disturbing. | 我约会的女人中 她是第一个不觉得这样闹心的 |
[04:53] | So anyway, just before I was sent home, | 总之 在我被派回家前 |
[04:55] | Lowell made me this little house | 洛厄尔给我做了个小房子 |
[04:57] | out of twigs that he wove together | 是他用小树枝编的 |
[04:59] | to represent the home we would live in someday. | 代表以后有天我们会生活的家 |
[05:02] | And that sealed the deal. | 我们就这样定下来了 |
[05:05] | L.L.W. Ladies love weaving. | LLW 女士爱编织 |
[05:09] | So that’s our story. How did you two meet? | 这就是我们的故事 你们怎么认识的 |
[05:17] | Uh, it was, uh, kind of a similar situation. | 和你们差不多 |
[05:21] | Yeah, there was an injury. | 有受伤情节 |
[05:23] | Uh, Andi got thrown off a mechanical bull. | 安迪从机器公牛上摔下来 |
[05:27] | And I treated the pain with, uh, tequila. | 我用龙舌兰缓解她的疼痛 |
[05:32] | L.L.T. Ladies love tequila. | LLT 女士爱龙舌兰 |
[05:37] | Mom, Dad, | 妈 爸 |
[05:39] | I’m not feeling very well. | 我不太舒服 |
[05:40] | Yeah, yeah, just go to sleep. | 是是 快去睡觉 |
[05:45] | But Mom told me to come down here… | 但妈让我下来 |
[05:46] | No, I didn’t. No, I didn’t. | 我没有 我没有 |
[05:47] | No, uh-uh. Nope. | 不 没有 |
[05:48] | No. Love you. Off you go. | 不 爱你 快走 |
[05:52] | Teenagers. | 青春期的孩子 |
[05:55] | Um, so why don’t you guys go into the living room | 你们去客厅吧 |
[05:57] | and, uh, we’ll bring in some coffees? | 我们端咖啡去 |
[05:58] | – Yeah. – I’ll help. | -好 -我来帮忙 |
[06:04] | Wow, Lowell, she’s so great. | 洛厄尔 她真是太优秀了 |
[06:06] | I mean, who knew you were such a secret stud? | 谁会想到你原来私底下是个泡妞高手 |
[06:09] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[06:10] | I still have a lot to learn from Adam. | 我还得跟亚当学很多 |
[06:12] | I’m not sure you do. | 我不确定 |
[06:15] | Well, I’m glad you guys like her. | 我真高兴你们喜欢她 |
[06:21] | We have a cool new friend couple. | 我们有了新的酷夫妻朋友 |
[06:22] | I know, I can’t believe we were gonna sick-kid them. | 真不敢相信我打算用”孩子病了”这招对付他们 |
[06:25] | No, we were gonna sick-kid Lowell and Lowell in a dress. | 不 我们打算用这招对待洛厄尔和穿着裙子的他 |
[06:29] | Now, let’s get in there and party with our new friends. | 快过去和新朋友好好乐乐 |
[06:31] | We might even stay up past 10:00. | 我们可能可以坚持到10点 |
[06:33] | Like we almost did on New Year’s Eve. | 跨年夜那晚就差点成功了 |
[06:37] | Where you guys going? | 你们去哪里 |
[06:39] | Oh, I’m so sorry. We just got a text from our babysitter | 真是对不起 我们刚收到保姆的短信 |
[06:41] | that our daughter isn’t feeling well. | 我们的女儿不舒服 |
[06:43] | So we have to go. | 我们得走了 |
[06:51] | You have a sick kid? | 你们的孩子病了 |
[06:53] | Yeah. She probably has the same thing Kate does. | 对 她可能得的病和凯蒂的一样 |
[06:57] | I’m sure she has exactly the same thing Kate does. | 我相信她的病和凯蒂的完全一样 |
[06:59] | Thanks for everything. | 多谢你们 |
[07:00] | Nice to meet you guys. | 很高兴认识你们 |
[07:01] | You, too. Okay, bye-bye. | 我们也是 好了 再见 |
[07:07] | You know what just happened. | 你知道刚发生了什么吧 |
[07:08] | Yeah. | 对 |
[07:09] | They sick-kidded us. | 他们用”孩子病了”这招对付我们 |
[07:16] | You still want to stay up till 10:00? | 你还想玩到10点吗 |
[07:18] | Well, not if it’s just us. | 就我俩当然不想了 |
[07:24] | So, Lowell’s wife is a hottie, huh? | 洛厄尔的老婆很性感对吗 |
[07:27] | She’s all right. | 她还行 |
[07:28] | Oh, come on. | 得了 |
[07:30] | All right, she’s smokin’. | 性感冒烟了 |
[07:33] | And-and– and she’s past the kind of hot that makes you mad. | 然后 她性感到已经超过了能让你生气的程度 |
[07:36] | You just– you just want to give her presents. I… | 你就只想给她送礼物 我… |
[07:40] | How do you think he pulled that off? | 他是怎么找到这种对象的 |
[07:42] | Well, I know what it is. | 我知道是怎么回事 |
[07:43] | Lowell smells like a baby and women love babies. | 洛厄尔闻起来像个婴儿 女人都喜欢婴儿 |
[07:48] | That’s as good an explanation as any. | 这就是最好的解释了 |
[07:51] | So are you guys gonna hang out with those guys again? | 所以你们还要和那些人一起玩吗 |
[07:53] | Probably not. They sick-kidded us. | 大概不会 他们都用了”孩子病了”这一招 |
[07:56] | Ooh. Ooh, that’s rough, man. | 扎心啊 哥们 |
[07:58] | Yeah, I mean, I was all set for a night of partying | 我整个人都做好准备要派对一整晚 |
[08:00] | and then it was just me wandering around the house | 结果成了我一个人穿着浴袍 |
[08:03] | in my robe, looking for my reading glasses. | 在家里转来转去找老花镜 |
[08:06] | And they were on my head. Yeah. | 然后发现在我头上 |
[08:10] | Well, looks like you guys | 你们俩好像 |
[08:11] | are the number two couple now. Yeah. | 成了配角夫妇了 |
[08:13] | Just like we usually are. | 就好像我们平常一样 |
[08:15] | Oh, what are you talking about? | 你们说什么呢 |
[08:16] | Oh, come on. When we hang out, | 说真的啊 我们在一起玩的时候 |
[08:18] | you guys are the number one couple | 你们俩夫妻就是主角 |
[08:19] | and we’re number two. | 我们是配角 |
[08:20] | That’s not true. | 不是这样的 |
[08:22] | And you don’t rank couples. | 夫妻又不能排名 |
[08:24] | You rank colleges and football teams, | 大学和橄榄球队才可以排名 |
[08:27] | and, secretly, your kids. | 还有悄悄地给自己家的小孩排名 |
[08:30] | You know how it is. When we go to the movies, | 你们明白的 我们去看电影的时候 |
[08:32] | you get the aisle seats, you get to choose the candy. | 你们坐在过道边 你们来选吃哪种零食 |
[08:35] | Raisinets? What are you guys, 70? | 你们70岁了吗 还爱吃巧克力葡萄干 |
[08:39] | I like Raisinets. | 我喜欢巧克力葡萄干 |
[08:39] | Me, too. Yeah, what’s wrong with that? | 我也喜欢 那有什么问题 |
[08:41] | You know you can buy your own candy, right? | 你们其实可以自己去买零食的 对吧 |
[08:44] | Babe, maybe we should get together with Lowell and Jen. | 宝贝 也许我们应该跟洛厄尔和珍一起玩 |
[08:47] | No, no, no. We call dibs. | 不不不 我们抢先了 |
[08:48] | Dibs have been called. Everybody heard it. | 我们都已经抢了 所有人都听见的 |
[08:51] | Well, your dibs have no meaning | 你抢先没有用 |
[08:53] | since they pretended to have a sick kid | 因为他们都用”孩子病了”这招了 |
[08:54] | just to get away from you. | 来逃避你们了 |
[08:55] | Wha– no, no, no, no. | 不不不 |
[08:58] | We don’t know for sure they were pretending. | 我们还不确定他们是不是装的 |
[09:00] | Their daughter might have actually been sick. | 他们女儿有可能真的病了 |
[09:02] | Yeah, kids get sick. It happens all the time. Yeah. | 对啊 孩子会生病的 常有的事 |
[09:05] | It’s just funny to watch you guys get all bent out of shape | 看你俩在这竭尽全力去给别人当配角 |
[09:08] | being somebody’s number two. | 也是蛮好笑的 |
[09:10] | We are not number two. | 我们才不是配角 |
[09:11] | Yeah, and I’ll prove it to you. | 我证明给你看 |
[09:13] | I’m doing school pickup tomorrow and I guarantee you | 我明天去学校接孩子 我跟你保证 |
[09:15] | – their daughter is gonna be out sick. – Yeah. | -他们的女儿出来的时候肯定是病的 -对 |
[09:17] | Yeah and when that little girl is sick, | 如果那个小女孩病了 |
[09:19] | we are gonna laugh and laugh. | 我们会大笑的 |
[09:24] | Well, you know what I mean. | 你们知道我什么意思 |
[09:30] | Hey, butterbean. | 小豆子 |
[09:32] | Hey, Mrs. Rodriguez. | 罗德里格兹老师 |
[09:33] | How’s it going? How’s your, uh… | 最近如何 你那个… |
[09:35] | whatever you have? | 都如何 |
[09:37] | What do you want, Burns? | 你想干什么 伯恩斯 |
[09:38] | Well, uh, I was just wondering, | 我就是好奇 |
[09:40] | uh, was Lowell’s daughter in school today? | 洛厄尔的女儿今天来学校了吗 |
[09:42] | Lucy? | 露西 |
[09:44] | Well, I don’t know. Sure, let’s say Lucy. | 我也不知道 那就露西吧 |
[09:46] | Yeah, she was here. | 她今天来了 |
[09:47] | What? And she seemed okay? | 什么 看起来正常吗 |
[09:49] | – No sniffles? – No. | -没有流鼻涕 -没有 |
[09:50] | – Cough? – No. | -咳嗽 -没有 |
[09:52] | Pox of any kind? | 水痘什么之类的呢 |
[09:54] | Yeah, she was fine. What’s going on? | 她挺好的 怎么回事 |
[09:56] | Nothing. I just… | 没什么 我就是… |
[09:58] | We were at dinner with Lowell and Jen the other night. | 那天晚上我们和洛厄尔和珍一起吃饭 |
[10:00] | And they said their daughter was sick and left early. | 他们说女儿病了 就提前走了 |
[10:04] | You got sick-kidded. | 你被人用”孩子病了”这一招甩了 |
[10:06] | See, that’s when people make up that… | 这一招就是别人会编个借口… |
[10:07] | I know what it is. | 我知道这一招是什么 |
[10:11] | Well? | 然后呢 |
[10:12] | She’s perfectly healthy. | 她很健康 |
[10:14] | Son of a bitch! | 混蛋 |
[10:22] | I can’t believe Lowell and Jen would lie | 我不敢相信洛厄尔和珍 |
[10:25] | about having a sick kid | 会撒谎说孩子病了 |
[10:26] | just so they wouldn’t have to hang out with us. | 逃避和我们相处 |
[10:28] | I know, it seemed clever when we thought of it, | 是啊 我们想出这一招的时候好像很机灵 |
[10:30] | but just hurtful when they did it. | 可别人用在我们身上的时候就很伤人 |
[10:34] | You know what this is? | 你知道这是为什么吗 |
[10:36] | They think we’re boring. | 他们觉得我们很无聊 |
[10:37] | Us? | 我们 |
[10:39] | Boring? | 无聊 |
[10:42] | Do boring people go to Orlando? I don’t… | 无聊的人会去奥兰多吗 我可不… |
[10:48] | I’m just saying, we don’t do all the stuff | 我的意思是 我们现在不像年轻的时候 |
[10:50] | we used to do when we were younger. | 做各种事了 |
[10:52] | Well, we’re not as limber as we were back then. | 我们可不像以前那么灵活了 |
[10:55] | You know? I mean, with my back, I can’t get around… | 懂吧 我的背很不好 不能翻身… |
[10:57] | No, no, no, not that stuff. No! | 不不不 不是指那个事 不是 |
[11:02] | This is just– it… this is a wake-up call. | 这个事情就是 这是警钟 |
[11:04] | Oh, I hate wake-up calls. | 我讨厌警钟 |
[11:06] | Well, I mean, come on, | 想想吧 |
[11:08] | when we were 26, we were super cool. | 我们26岁的时候 超酷的 |
[11:12] | I mean, we used to hang out at bars, | 我们还去酒吧 |
[11:14] | and-and go to concerts, and… | 去音乐会 |
[11:16] | stay awake for the end of movies. | 都不会在电影结束前睡着 |
[11:19] | I mean, did Matt Damon ever get off Mars? | 马特·达蒙到底有没有从火星上离开 |
[11:22] | We don’t know. | 我们都不知道 |
[11:25] | I mean, when-when was the last time we went to, | 我们最近一次去 |
[11:27] | I don’t know, a play? | 看舞台剧 是什么时候 |
[11:28] | Last spring. | 去年春天 |
[11:30] | Harlem Globetrotters. | 花式篮球表演 |
[11:32] | That’s not a play. | 那不是舞台剧 |
[11:34] | Good defeats evil, it’s like the oldest story there is. | 好人击败坏人 那不就是最古老的故事吗 |
[11:38] | Just– doesn’t last night make you wonder if… | 昨晚没有让你好奇吗 |
[11:41] | I don’t know, we’ve slipped a little? | 我们是不是退步了一点 |
[11:46] | Come on, who cares if we’ve slipped a little? | 那又如何 退步一点又怎么样 |
[11:49] | Huh? The whole point of being married | 结婚不就是为了 |
[11:52] | is that we don’t have to do interesting things anymore. | 不用再去做有趣的事情吗 |
[11:57] | This is the time of our lives to just stay home and eat. | 我们这个年纪就该待在家吃东西 |
[12:04] | We’re fine, okay? | 我们好得很 知道吗 |
[12:06] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[12:08] | Well, then… | 那 |
[12:09] | why did Lowell and Jen bail on us? | 为什么洛厄尔和珍要甩掉我们 |
[12:11] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[12:12] | I guess we were expecting Granny Clampett, | 我猜可能是太期待克兰佩特奶奶 |
[12:14] | so we half-assed the dinner. | 所以吃饭的时候完全没心思吧 |
[12:17] | Oh, my God, you’re right. | 我的天 你说得对 |
[12:18] | We didn’t bring our A game. | 我们没有拿出最好的状态 |
[12:20] | I mean, obviously, we can do better, right? | 我们显然可以表现更好的 对吧 |
[12:23] | Well, of course we can. | 当然可以 |
[12:24] | We’re fun. We’re Andi and Adam, damn it. | 我们是有趣的人 我们可是安迪和亚当 |
[12:26] | Hell yeah, we are, we’re interesting. | 可不是吗 我们挺有意思的 |
[12:30] | Terry Bradshaw tried to sleep with you on a plane. | 泰瑞·布莱肖在飞机上还想睡你来着 |
[12:35] | How did we not tell that story? | 我们怎么不讲那个故事 |
[12:37] | Because Jen was like a flash grenade, you know? | 因为珍就像是闪光弹一样 |
[12:41] | We were stunned. | 把我们闪瞎了 |
[12:43] | The lady invented side-boob. | 发明了胸侧半球的人 |
[12:45] | I mean, what kind of boob did we invent? | 我们发明了什么胸啊 |
[12:49] | None. | 什么也没有 |
[12:52] | Well, I accidentally invented one in and one out | 我偶然在过山车上 |
[12:55] | on a roller coaster. | 发明了一外一里 |
[12:56] | Right, right, | 对的 对的 |
[12:57] | when you flashed that church group at Six Flags. | 你当时在游乐园给教堂游客团看呆了 |
[13:00] | Yeah. Yeah, another good story. | 又是一个好故事 |
[13:02] | Yeah. Okay, you know what? | 好吧 我告诉你 |
[13:04] | Here’s what we’re gonna do: | 我们接下来这样做 |
[13:05] | I’m gonna make some of my famous ginger chicken soup, | 我要做我著名的姜鸡汤 |
[13:08] | and we’re gonna casually swing by their place, | 然后随意地去一趟他们家 |
[13:11] | and drop it off for their fake sick kid. | 然后送给他们的假病孩 |
[13:13] | Nice, yeah, and they’ll have to invite us in | 漂亮 然后他们不得不邀请我们进去 |
[13:15] | because that’s what you do. | 因为正常人都会这样做 |
[13:16] | Yeah, and-and-and we’ll be charming, | 然后我们施展出魅力 |
[13:19] | and we’ll-we’ll give them our stories, | 然后我们把故事讲给他们听 |
[13:20] | the Terry Bradshaw mile high club | 泰瑞·布莱肖的空中性爱故事 |
[13:22] | and the roller coaster peek-a-boo. | 和过山车小露一球 |
[13:23] | Yeah, yeah– well, wait, | 对对 等一下 |
[13:26] | how will we know if we turned this thing around? | 我们怎么知道他们有没有改观 |
[13:28] | Because they’ll want to make plans with us again. | 那样他们就会想要再约我们 |
[13:30] | We get the plans, Adam and Andi are back. | 一旦提出再约 我们就又回来了 |
[13:36] | Where are you going? | 你去哪 |
[13:37] | To the store, I don’t have time to make soup. | 去超市 我可没时间做汤 |
[13:44] | Hey! Hi, there! | 你好啊 |
[13:45] | Hey, guys. | 你们好 |
[13:47] | Um, I-I made some soup for your sick daughter. | 我做了汤送给你们生病的女儿 |
[13:49] | Yeah, honey, didn’t you get the recipe for that soup | 亲爱的 你的菜谱不是那次 |
[13:51] | from Terry Bradshaw when he tried to sleep with you | 泰瑞·布莱肖在飞机上想要跟你睡的时候 |
[13:53] | on an airplane? | 学来的吗 |
[13:57] | Yeah, that is where I got it, yeah. | 对啊 就是那次学的 |
[14:00] | I’ve got to hear the end of that story. | 我一定要听听这个故事的结局 |
[14:01] | Come on in. | 进来吧 |
[14:03] | Wait, that is the end of the story, | 等一下 这就是故事的结局了 |
[14:04] | there’s no more story. | 没有更多的故事了 |
[14:07] | I don’t know, | 我也不知道 |
[14:07] | maybe just say you slept with him. Come on. | 不如就说你最后跟他睡了 走吧 |
[14:11] | Can I get you guys a drink? | 要不要喝点什么 |
[14:12] | I’m just muddling some limes. | 我正在榨青柠 |
[14:13] | Oh, what’d they ever do to you? | 青柠招你惹你了 |
[14:17] | – Stick to the stories. – Yeah, okay. | -你专心讲故事 -好吧 |
[14:18] | Oh, hey, uh, Jen, is that the house Lowell made for you? | 珍 这就是洛厄尔给你做的房子吗 |
[14:22] | – Yeah. – That’s really impressive. | -对 -好厉害啊 |
[14:24] | You know, uh, Adam made a people-sized house all by himself | 亚当曾经独自建了一人高的房子 |
[14:27] | when he was only 22. | 当时他才22岁 |
[14:28] | – Really? – Yeah. | -真的吗 -是啊 |
[14:30] | And it fell down by the time he was 23. | 等他23岁的时候 房子塌了 |
[14:34] | Don? Marcy? | 老唐 玛茜 |
[14:36] | I was just giving them a tour and we heard your voices. | 我正带他们参观 就听见了你们的声音 |
[14:38] | We thought it’d be fun to reach out to new friends. | 我们想来见见新朋友 |
[14:40] | You know, who might like different movie candy. | 说不定他们会喜欢不一样的电影糖 |
[14:44] | That’s a very specific thing to look for in a friend. | 你们这个关注点真是很独特 |
[14:48] | Lowell, let’s take this soup in the kitchen | 洛厄尔 跟我把这碗汤放进厨房 |
[14:49] | and we’ll bring out coffee and desserts for everyone. | 拿咖啡和甜点出来给大家吃吧 |
[14:51] | – Oh, that’s sweet, Jen. – Oh, that’s nice. | -你真好 珍 -太好了 |
[14:53] | – Thank you. – Thanks. | -谢谢 -谢谢你 |
[14:54] | Okay. | 好的 |
[14:56] | What are you doing here? We had dibs. | 你们怎么会来这里 我们先占的 |
[14:58] | They disregarded our dibs. | 他们无视了先来后到 |
[15:00] | Listen, you need to leave so that Lowell and Jen | 听着 请你们立刻离开 |
[15:03] | can see what an interesting couple Andi and I are. | 这样洛厄尔和珍才会发现我和安迪多么有趣 |
[15:06] | We are not leaving, you guys had your chance | 我们不走 你们有过机会 |
[15:08] | and you screwed the pooch. | 现在别占着茅坑不拉屎 |
[15:09] | What… | 什么… |
[15:10] | Whoa, I wouldn’t say we screwed the pooch. | 我们哪有占着茅坑不拉屎 |
[15:13] | I mean, if anything, | 我们顶多就是 |
[15:14] | we just– we-we underwhelmed the pooch. | 在茅坑上表现得不太理想而已 |
[15:17] | Marcy, Don’s only here so he can see how hot Jen is. | 玛茜 老唐来这里就是为了看珍有多漂亮 |
[15:20] | That’s why I’m here, too. | 我也是为这个来的 |
[15:23] | Us hot people, we like to check each other out. | 颜值高的人 喜欢互相欣赏 |
[15:27] | We’re just looking around for new couple friends since, | 我们想认识新的夫妻朋友 |
[15:29] | well, you guys made it pretty clear the other night | 毕竟你们那天明确表达了 |
[15:30] | – what you really think of us. – Yeah. | -你们的真实想法 -对 |
[15:32] | You guys said all that. | 那些话是你们说的 |
[15:33] | Yeah, you didn’t disagree. | 没错 可你们没有否认 |
[15:35] | No, we did disagree. | 不 我们否认过 |
[15:38] | – Yeah, but, you know, we didn’t believe you. – Yeah. | -对 但我们不相信 -是啊 |
[15:41] | And we thought, if we’re number two, | 我们就想 既然要当配角 |
[15:43] | then we should upgrade | 不如升个级 |
[15:44] | and be number two with them. | 来当他们的配角 |
[15:47] | Yeah, us number twos are scrappy. | 没错 配角也要有斗志 |
[15:49] | – We’re survivors. – Yeah. | -勇于争取 -没错 |
[15:51] | Oh, they invited us to take a trip with them | 他们还邀请我们一起出去玩 |
[15:53] | to see the wildflowers. | 去看野花 |
[15:55] | They took our plans. | 他们抢了我们的出游计划 |
[15:56] | – We’re number three! – No. | -我们成了龙套了 -不 |
[15:57] | Okay, honey, this is ridiculous. | 好了 亲爱的 何必这样 |
[15:59] | All right? We don’t need other people | 对不对 我们不需要得到他人肯定 |
[16:01] | to make us feel good about ourselves. | 才能增长自己的自信心 |
[16:03] | We’re Adam and Andi. | 我们可是亚当和安迪 |
[16:04] | – Yeah. – Right? | -好吧 -对吧 |
[16:07] | I mean, Terry Bradshaw, | 毕竟 特里·布莱德肖 |
[16:09] | or a man that looked somewhat like him, | 或是一个长得有点像他的人 |
[16:10] | hit on me once. | 还调戏过我 |
[16:12] | – Wait, you’re saying it wasn’t actually… – Oh, not now! | -你是说其实并不是他本人… -重点错了 |
[16:14] | You’re right, you’re right, let’s just go say our good-byes. | 你说得对 我们去告别吧 |
[16:16] | Yeah, and the most important thing is | 好 最重要的是 |
[16:17] | that we leave here with our dignity. | 我们离开得很有尊严 |
[16:19] | Yeah. | 没错 |
[16:24] | Oh, you don’t need to weld our desserts. | 我们的甜点就不必准备了 |
[16:26] | We’re, uh, we’re taking off. | 我们这就走了 |
[16:28] | What? No. | 什么 别啊 |
[16:29] | Yeah, well, we don’t want to impose. | 我们不想打扰到你们 |
[16:31] | I mean, you know what they say: | 有句话说得好 |
[16:33] | multiples of two is company, | 两对成伙 |
[16:34] | and multiples of three is a crowd. | 三对成群 |
[16:38] | But we don’t want you to go. | 但我们不希望你们走 |
[16:39] | Let me rephrase that, | 让我换个说法 |
[16:41] | I’m begging you not to go. | 求你们千万别走 |
[16:43] | Look, Don and Marcy are lovely people. | 老唐和玛茜人挺好 |
[16:46] | They’re delightful, but… | 他们人很好 但是… |
[16:47] | Don looks at me like we’re stranded in a cartoon boat | 老唐看我的眼神就像被困在了独木舟上 |
[16:50] | and I’m a giant turkey leg. | 而我是一只巨大的火鸡腿 |
[16:52] | And Marcy keeps asking why Jen is with me. | 玛茜总是问珍为何会跟我在一起 |
[16:55] | Like, over and over. | 问了一遍又一遍 |
[16:57] | It’s starting to hurt my feelings. | 我已经开始觉得受伤了 |
[16:59] | That’s terrible. What’d you say? | 太过分了 所以答案是什么 |
[17:03] | But you made plans to go see the wildflowers with them. | 可你们不是还说要一起去看野花吗 |
[17:06] | I didn’t. I said we’re driving up to see the wildflowers | 没有 我说我们要开车去看野花 |
[17:09] | and Don yelled shotgun? | 结果老唐大吼一声 说定了 |
[17:12] | I just, I… | 我是… |
[17:13] | I thought you didn’t like us very much. | 我以为你们不太喜欢我们 |
[17:15] | What gave you that idea? | 你们怎么会这么想 |
[17:16] | Well, because the other night, you said Lucy was sick and… | 因为那天 你们说露西生病了… |
[17:19] | And then she was in school today, so… | 可她今天正常去上学了 所以… |
[17:21] | No, it’s our little one, Zoe, she has a cold. | 不 是我们的小女儿佐伊 感冒了 |
[17:25] | I forgot they had a second kid. | 我忘了他们生了第二胎 |
[17:30] | I just got goose bumps. | 我起了鸡皮疙瘩 |
[17:33] | But you knew someone was sick or you wouldn’t have made soup. | 可你们既然做了鸡汤 肯定是知道有人生病吧 |
[17:35] | And what kind of person would make up a sick child | 怎么会有人撒谎说孩子生病 |
[17:38] | to get out of something? | 拿这个当借口逃避呢 |
[17:39] | I have no idea. | 就是说 |
[17:42] | So it’s settled. You’ll stay? | 那就说定了 你们留下 |
[17:44] | And you’ll come with us to see the wildflowers? | 下次跟我们一起去看野花吗 |
[17:47] | Sounds like a plan. | 那就愉快地决定了 |
[17:49] | Wildflowers with my hero. | 跟我的英雄一起看野花 |
[17:51] | I’m going to scrapbook the dickens out of this. | 我绝对会把照片洗出来再裱上 |
[17:55] | If it doesn’t have glitter and a decorative border, | 如果一张照片没有亮粉和装饰边框 |
[17:57] | it didn’t happen. | 那就不是真的 |
[18:00] | – Memories. – Memories. | -精彩回忆 -精彩回忆 |
[18:04] | Ah. They make sense now. | 我现在能理解了 |
[18:07] | She’s weird, too. | 她也是个怪咖 |
[18:08] | Yeah, but all I heard is we have plans | 对 不过我只在乎出游计划到手了 |
[18:11] | and we are back. | 我们回归了 |
[18:12] | Feels good. | 感觉真不错 |
[18:16] | What a lovely evening. | 今晚过得真开心 |
[18:17] | Yes, you are. | 你真美 |
[18:19] | Yes, it was. | 是的很开心 |
[18:20] | You are. | 你很美 |
[18:23] | Well, this was fun. | 确实挺开心的 |
[18:24] | But you two, I still don’t get it. | 不过我还是无法理解你们两个 |
[18:27] | Because we’re soul mates. Deep breath. | 因为我们是真爱 深呼吸 |
[18:30] | Four, five. | 四 五 |
[18:36] | Jen, I’ll get everyone’s coats. Why don’t you check on Zoe? | 珍 我去帮大家拿衣服 你去看看佐伊吧 |
[18:38] | Okay. | 好 |
[18:46] | So are you guys still mad? | 你们还在生气吗 |
[18:48] | I didn’t like that you had alone time | 你们在厨房单独待了那么久 |
[18:51] | with them in the kitchen. | 让我觉得很不爽 |
[18:53] | Look, we’re sorry we made you feel | 听我说 我们很抱歉 |
[18:54] | like number twos, all right? | 让你们觉得自己像配角 |
[18:55] | We’ll-we’ll work on that. | 我们会努力改善的 |
[18:57] | Yeah, we don’t want to fight with you guys. | 对 我们不想和你们闹矛盾 |
[18:59] | You’re family and you’re our best friends. | 我们是一家人 你们是我们最好的朋友 |
[19:01] | Well, I’m sure some of it was our fault. | 好吧 这件事肯定也有我们的不对 |
[19:04] | I mean, I don’t really, but I said it, and that’s what counts. | 虽然我并不这么想 但我说出来了 就这样 |
[19:10] | So Lowell, huh? | 洛厄尔藏得挺深啊 |
[19:13] | And I can’t believe he built this house. | 他居然编制了这么一座房子 |
[19:15] | I know, pretty cool, huh? | 是啊 挺酷的 |
[19:17] | I mean, look at the detail. | 看看这细节多么精致 |
[19:18] | Every corner is perfect. | 每个角落都很完美 |
[19:27] | – No, no, no! – Okay. | -不能用这个 -好吧 |
[19:31] | – Adam! – Ah. Oh, here, here, here, here. | -亚当 -我想到了 用这个 |
[19:33] | Here. Geez. | 上吧 天哪 |
[19:46] | Adam, what did you do? | 亚当 你怎么能这样 |
[19:54] | Wait, where are you going? | 等等 你们要去哪里 |
[19:56] | We got to go, our kid’s sick! | 我们得走了 孩子生病了 |
[19:58] | What a couple of number twos! | 这对儿配角真够呛 |
[20:04] | Oh, my. | 天哪 |
[20:07] | Uh, I’m not gonna say who did it, | 我不会说是谁干的 |
[20:09] | but ask yourself, who just ran out the door? | 但你自己想想 谁刚才跑出去了 |
[20:13] | It’s-it’s okay. | 没关系 |
[20:14] | Actually, uh, I didn’t weave it, | 其实这个不是我编的 |
[20:16] | I bought it from a street vendor in Peru. | 是从秘鲁的一个小摊上买的 |
[20:19] | That guy was talented. | 那摊主真的很有才 |
[20:21] | What I wove was the story | 我编造的是 |
[20:23] | that went along with the house. | 这个房子背后的故事 |
[20:26] | What are you gonna tell Jen? | 你打算怎么跟珍说 |
[20:27] | I’ll tell her Don burned it | 就说不小心被老唐烧了 |
[20:29] | and I’ll be free from the shackles | 这样我再也不用担心 |
[20:30] | of this lie forever. | 谎言被发现了 |
[20:32] | Just promise me you’ll keep my secret. | 你们要保证帮我保守秘密 |
[20:34] | Uh, it’s okay, Lowell, everyone has secrets. | 放心吧 洛厄尔 每个人都有秘密 |
[20:36] | Andi’s famous ginger chicken soup? | 安迪亲手调的姜鸡汤 |
[20:38] | We bought it at a gas station. | 是在一所加油站买的 |
[20:40] | It was really just chicken soup that we poured ginger ale into. | 其实就是鸡汤加了点姜味汽水 |
[20:43] | I’d throw it out. | 建议你扔了吧 |