时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:01] | So to wrap up our end-of-the-year conference, | 所以总结一下我们的期末会议 |
[00:03] | I’ll just say Emme’s a joy to have in my classroom. | 我很乐意艾玛在我的班里 |
[00:06] | Aside from the Leo incident, she’s had an excellent year. | 除了那次里奥事件外 她这一年非常棒 |
[00:09] | Great, let’s go. | 很好 走吧 |
[00:11] | Wait, w-what incident? Who’s Leo? | 等一下 什么事件 里奥是谁 |
[00:13] | Oh, who’s anybody really? | 谁又是谁啊 |
[00:15] | Let’s get some ice cream, huh? | 我们去吃冰淇淋吧 |
[00:17] | Hey, wait, wait, wait, wait. | 等一下 等一下 等一下 |
[00:18] | I need to know why Leo makes you so happy | 我得知道为什么里奥让你这么开心 |
[00:21] | and you so nervous. | 让你这么紧张 |
[00:24] | Okay, last month, | 好吧 上个月 |
[00:26] | Emme told me that there was this older kid, Leo, | 艾玛告诉我有一个比她大的孩子 里奥 |
[00:28] | who was making fun of her. | 老嘲笑她 |
[00:29] | So, I told her the only way to deal with bullies | 所以我告诉她要解决别人欺负你 |
[00:32] | is to give as good as you get. | 唯一方法是以牙还牙 |
[00:34] | You told her to make fun of another kid? | 你让她去嘲笑别的孩子 |
[00:36] | Don’t get upset yet, there’s more. | 别急着生气 还有呢 |
[00:39] | Emme? | 艾玛 |
[00:40] | I called Leo “Lazy bones” | 我把里奥叫做懒骨头 |
[00:41] | ’cause he’s always sitting in his chair. | 因为他总坐在椅子上 |
[00:45] | Oh, well, that’s not so bad. | 那还好 |
[00:48] | Then he just rolled away. | 然后他就滚轮子走了 |
[00:54] | He was in a wheelchair? | 他在坐轮椅 |
[00:55] | Because he has a broken leg. A broken leg, that’s all. | 他腿骨折了 骨折了而已 |
[00:58] | Okay, no ice cream for you. | 行 冰淇淋你没份了 |
[01:03] | Enjoy the ride home, Mr. Burns. | 祝你回家路上愉快 伯恩斯先生 |
[01:07] | What I heard your teacher saying | 我听你老师说的是 |
[01:09] | is that you are making good progress. | 你有很大的进步 |
[01:13] | So we’re oh for two on the teacher conferences. | 所以我们现在期末会议是0比2 |
[01:16] | Oh, wait, there’s the library. | 等一下 到图书馆了 |
[01:18] | Didn’t Kate say she’d be in there studying with Mandy? | 凯特不是说她和曼迪要在那学习吗 |
[01:21] | Yeah, she said she was gonna get a ride home with her. | 说有人会送她们回来 |
[01:23] | But it says it’s closed. | 这上面说是关门了啊 |
[01:26] | It’s locked. | 锁上了 |
[01:28] | So, where is she? | 那她在哪 |
[01:29] | I mean, she knows she’s supposed to let us know | 她知道如果计划有变应该告诉我们的 |
[01:31] | if her plans change. Well, text her. | 给她发短信 |
[01:32] | Oh, I’m gonna text the heck out of her. | 我短信发死她 |
[01:37] | “Where are you?” | 你在哪 |
[01:41] | Adam, she’s not answering. | 亚当 她没回 |
[01:42] | Well, it’s only been two seconds. | 你才发了两秒钟 |
[01:44] | How can you be so calm? | 你怎么这么冷静 |
[01:45] | She-she could be in a ditch somewhere. | 她说不定掉沟里了 |
[01:46] | Because she’s not in a ditch. | 因为她不可能掉沟里 |
[01:47] | They filled all those in years ago. | 几年前就把沟全填上了 |
[01:50] | – Oh, she’s answering. – Oh, thank God. | -她回了 -谢天谢地 |
[01:52] | I made that thing up about ditches. | 填沟的事我是编的 |
[01:53] | There’s ditches everywhere. | 到处都是沟 |
[01:56] | “At the library, almost finished with homework.” | 在图书馆 马上就做完作业了 |
[01:59] | Adam, she lied. | 亚当 她撒谎了 |
[02:00] | Straight to my phone! | 当着我电话的面撒谎 |
[02:02] | You know, this isn’t the first time | 这已经不是第一次 |
[02:03] | she said she was at the library. | 她说自己在图书馆了 |
[02:05] | How many of those other times were lies? | 那她有多少次是在撒谎 |
[02:06] | Who knows? Probably a lot. | 谁知道呢 可能很多次 |
[02:08] | I mean, it’s right there in the name: lie-brary. | 图书馆不就是个用来做借口的地方 |
[02:11] | What are we gonna do? | 我们该怎么办 |
[02:12] | Well, she’s gonna come home sometime. | 反正她总是要回家的 |
[02:13] | And when she does… | 等她回了家 |
[02:16] | That’s gonna be fun. | 那就有意思了 |
[02:17] | Oh, you are gonna see a show. | 你就等着看戏吧 |
[02:21] | Katie’s gonna be coming through that door any minute, | 凯蒂分分钟都会打开门走进来 |
[02:23] | – and when she does, busted. – Okay, wait. | -等她进来就揭穿她 -等一下 |
[02:26] | Who’s gonna say, “How was the library?” | 谁来问在图书馆学得如何 |
[02:27] | ‘Cause whoever says it has to be cool. Okay? | 说这个话一定得保持冷静 |
[02:30] | You can’t say, : “How was the library?” | 不能说 在图书馆学得如何 |
[02:34] | She’ll know something’s up. | 这样她就知道有事 |
[02:35] | Well, who would say it like that? | 谁会那样说话 |
[02:41] | You get excited. | 你容易激动 |
[02:44] | Okay, you ask her. | 行 你来问 |
[02:45] | But then, when she lies, I’m lowering the boom. | 但是等她撒了谎 我就立刻批评她 |
[02:47] | I don’t have to be cool to lower the boom. | 要批评她可不用装冷静 |
[02:49] | Oh, that boom is getting lowered. | 我会批评她的 |
[02:52] | Yeah. | 好吧 |
[02:53] | Ooh, here she comes! Teddy, be cool! | 她来了 泰迪 冷静 |
[02:59] | Hey, guys. | 大家好 |
[03:00] | Oh, hey, Katie. | 凯蒂 |
[03:02] | Hey, so, I don’t know, like, uh… | 你 那个 |
[03:07] | how was the library? | 在图书馆学得如何 |
[03:11] | Great. I got a lot of homework done. | 挺好的 做了很多作业 |
[03:12] | No, you didn’t because it was closed! | 你才没有 图书馆关门了 |
[03:14] | Boom lowered! | 批评了 |
[03:17] | That’s right. | 没有错 |
[03:18] | We went to the library to look for you, | 我们去图书馆找你了 |
[03:19] | but you weren’t there. | 可你不在 |
[03:20] | Wait, you guys are checking up on me? | 等等 你们查我动向 |
[03:22] | I’m 14, I don’t need you guys | 我都14岁了 才不需要你们 |
[03:23] | looking over my shoulder all the time. | 总是盯着我 |
[03:25] | Oh, yes, you do. | 你当然需要 |
[03:27] | As someone who was 14 once, | 我也经历过14岁 |
[03:29] | I can tell you from experience that you are not smart. | 根据我的经验 可以告诉你 你并不聪明 |
[03:34] | I mean, it’s not your fault. | 这不是你的错 |
[03:34] | Your brain’s just not fully formed yet. | 你的大脑还没有完全成熟 |
[03:37] | It’s like Jell-O before you put it in the fridge. | 就好像果冻还没有放进冰箱的样子 |
[03:40] | Yeah. | 对 |
[03:41] | Yeah, you open a 14-year-old brain, | 你打开一个14岁小孩的脑袋 |
[03:42] | it’s just a clown in there pulling levers. | 里面就是个小丑在拉操纵杆 |
[03:47] | So just do yourself a favor and tell the truth, all right? | 所以你就别给自己挖坑了 说实话 |
[03:49] | Because you weren’t at the school library. | 因为你并不在学校图书馆 |
[03:53] | Yeah, because I was at the public library down the street. | 对 因为我在那头的公共图书馆 |
[04:07] | Okay, well, what would you say if I told you | 好 那如果我告诉你 |
[04:08] | we went and looked for you there, too? | 我们也去那找你了呢 |
[04:10] | Did you look for me on the first floor or the second floor? | 你们是去一楼还是二楼找我的呢 |
[04:13] | Both. | 都去了 |
[04:16] | There is no second floor. | 并没有二楼 |
[04:21] | If you don’t believe me, you can call Mandy. | 如果你们不相信我 打电话给曼迪就是了 |
[04:23] | Oh, no, we’re good. | 我们不需要 |
[04:26] | All right, you just think about | 好吧 那你就想一想 |
[04:27] | what almost happened here, young lady. | 刚刚差点发生了什么 小姐 |
[04:29] | And what we almost did about it. | 还有我们差点怎么惩罚你的 |
[04:40] | Was that the show? | 刚算好戏吗 |
[04:54] | There’s no way Katie was at the public library. | 凯蒂肯定不在公共图书馆 |
[04:56] | Yeah, well, she knows we can’t prove it | 可她知道我们不能证明 |
[04:58] | because clearly we have never been to the library. | 因为我们很显然没有去 |
[05:04] | I mean, I guess we could call her friend, Mandy, | 我们是可以打给她那个朋友曼迪 |
[05:05] | and check her story. | 验证一下她说的话 |
[05:07] | Oh, I don’t want to talk to Mandy. | 我才不想跟曼迪说话 |
[05:10] | Yeah. Mandy’s the worst. | 对啊 曼迪讨厌死了 |
[05:14] | “I went to San Francisco last summer.” | 我去年夏天去了旧金山 |
[05:19] | Yeah. | 对啊 |
[05:20] | “And my hair was, like, I can’t even.” | 而且我的头发 简直了 |
[05:25] | You know what, she’s just gonna back up Katie’s story anyway. | 其实吧 她反正肯定会说凯蒂说的是真话 |
[05:29] | So, how do we find out where she really was? | 那我们怎么知道她到底去哪了 |
[05:31] | Easy. We look at her phone. You want to know the truth? | 简单 我们看她的手机 你想知道真相吗 |
[05:34] | It’s in there between, uh, Snapgrams and the Facechats. | 就在那里 在阅后分享和脸焚里 |
[05:40] | A teenager’s phone is like their diary, right? | 青少年的手机就跟他们的日记一样 |
[05:43] | Her whole life is in there. It’s a huge invasion of privacy. | 她的生活全都在里面 这是严重侵犯隐私 |
[05:47] | Okay. | 好 |
[05:49] | Nobody in this house has privacy. All right? | 这房子里没人有隐私 好吧 |
[05:52] | I have not gone to the bathroom in 14 years | 我已经有14年 |
[05:54] | without a little hand sliding under the door. | 每次上厕所都有只小手从门下伸进来 |
[05:59] | Look, I say we do my phone thing. | 我觉得就按我的手机计划来 |
[06:01] | Okay. Well, since your last parenting gem | 那个 你最近一次家教成果 |
[06:04] | was heckling a wheelchair kid… | 是骂了一个坐轮椅的孩子 |
[06:07] | …I think I’m gonna take the lead on this one. Okay? | 我觉得这次还是由我来带头 好吗 |
[06:09] | I say that we give her some freedom | 我觉得我们给她一些自由 |
[06:12] | and let her learn from her mistakes. | 然后让她从错误中学习进步 |
[06:15] | That’s just… fancy doing nothing! | 这不就是什么也不做 只不过好听点 |
[06:21] | Hey, you left Emme’s artwork behind. | 你把艾玛的艺术创作忘掉了 |
[06:23] | Oh, thanks, Lowell. Mm-hmm. | 谢谢 洛厄尔 |
[06:26] | Boy, they really throw the word “Art” Around down there. | 他们还真是把艺术这两个字随便乱扔 |
[06:31] | Hey, Lowell, let me ask you: | 洛厄尔 我问你 |
[06:32] | don’t you think it’s an invasion of privacy | 你绝不觉得翻看女儿的手机 |
[06:34] | to look through your daughter’s phone? | 是侵犯隐私 |
[06:35] | Please. If I could, I’d put a GPS microchip | 拜托 要是可以的话我恨不得 |
[06:38] | in my girls like they do with dogs. | 在女儿身上装定位芯片 就像狗身上那种 |
[06:43] | But I spoke to my vet about it, | 不过我跟兽医谈过这事 |
[06:44] | and our relationship has been strained ever since. | 从此以后我们的关系就很紧张了 |
[06:48] | You hear that? | 听到了吗 |
[06:50] | There’s dads way crazier than me out there. | 外面多得是比我还疯狂的爹 |
[06:51] | Thanks, Lowell. | 谢谢 洛厄尔 |
[06:53] | Let me know if you make any progress on chipping your kids. | 往孩子身上装芯片的事有进展记得告诉我 |
[06:57] | I think there’s a guy in Sweden. | 瑞典那有个哥们应该可以 |
[07:02] | Well, I’m telling you, we can’t just let Katie lie to us | 我告诉你 不能让凯蒂骗了我们 |
[07:05] | with no consequences, okay? | 还不用承担后果 |
[07:06] | She has to know we’re smarter than her. | 得让她知道我们比她聪明 |
[07:09] | Okay, here’s my compromise, all right? | 那我妥协一下 好吗 |
[07:11] | I-I won’t go into her phone, | 我不会翻查她手机 |
[07:13] | but it does come with a tracking app, | 不过手机上有追踪应用 |
[07:15] | so we can turn it on and see where she goes. | 我们可以打开 看她都去哪里了 |
[07:20] | Wow. Okay. I’m in. | 好的 我同意 |
[07:23] | Hey, should we do that to each other’s phones? | 我们之间要不要也打开 |
[07:25] | You know, for safety? | 安全起见 |
[07:28] | I already did it to yours. | 我已经把你的打开了 |
[07:34] | You go to Popeyes Chicken a lot. | 你经常去卜派炸鸡 |
[07:41] | Okay, Kate’s asleep. | 好的 凯蒂睡着了 |
[07:43] | Okay, great. So we sneak in, grab the phone, | 很好 我们溜进去 拿到她手机 |
[07:45] | turn on the tracking, put the phone back, sneak out, | 打开追踪模式 把手机放回去 溜出来 |
[07:47] | finish House Hunters International, fall asleep. | 看完《购房者》节目 睡觉 |
[07:50] | Right. | 好 |
[07:51] | – You ready? – Yep. Let’s do it. | -准备好了吗 -开始吧 |
[07:53] | – Okay. Wait, wait, wait, wait. – What? | -好 等下 等下 -怎么了 |
[07:55] | You should know that sometimes when I go to Popeyes, | 我想告诉你 有时候我去卜派炸鸡 |
[07:57] | – it’s just to get a soda. – Okay. | -只是为了买汽水 -好吧 |
[08:00] | Yeah, and if you bring your own cup, it’s only 50 cents. | 要是自带杯子 也就五十美分 |
[08:04] | – Can we go now? – Yeah, yeah, I’m ready. Let’s go. Okay. | -能开始了吗 -好 我准备好了 |
[08:06] | – Wait, wait, wait. – What? | -等等 -什么 |
[08:08] | You have got to be kidding me. | 你玩我呢啊 |
[08:09] | I am. | 是的 |
[08:13] | That is a good one. | 好吧 玩得不错 |
[08:13] | Right. All right, let’s go. | 好的 那开始吧 |
[08:32] | What are you guys doing? | 你们在干什么 |
[08:33] | Uh, sleepwalking. | 梦游呢 |
[08:36] | At the same time. | 同时梦游 |
[08:37] | Yeah, we do everything together. | 对 我们形影不离 |
[08:40] | No, no, not really. | 不 并不是 |
[08:42] | You know, Dad and his midnight jokes. | 你爸就喜欢半夜乱开玩笑 |
[08:44] | More like sleep-joking. | 他其实是在”梦笑” |
[08:50] | Why do you have my phone? | 我手机为什么在你们那里 |
[08:53] | Uh, well, I couldn’t find mine, | 我找不到我手机了 |
[08:55] | so we thought we’d use yours to call mine and get it to ring. | 就想用你手机给我打个电话 听听响动 |
[08:59] | Why couldn’t you just use Mom’s phone? | 为什么不直接用我妈手机 |
[09:05] | Because her phone is with mine. | 因为她手机跟我的在一起 |
[09:06] | Even our phones do everything together. | 连我们的手机都是形影不离 |
[09:09] | Hey, well, we’ll just give you this back | 好的 我们把手机还给你 |
[09:11] | and-and you can go to sleep. Right. | 你去睡觉吧 好嘞 |
[09:14] | Or… are you already asleep? | 也许… 你已经睡着了 |
[09:19] | This might all be a dream. | 这一切都是梦 |
[09:28] | Nighty night. | 晚安 |
[09:30] | Well, that was a disaster. | 简直惨烈 |
[09:34] | Well, not entirely. | 也没那么惨 |
[09:35] | While you were talking to Kate and she was distracted, | 你跟凯特说话转移了她的注意力 |
[09:37] | I managed to turn on the tracking | 我把她手机打开了追踪模式 |
[09:38] | before we gave her the phone back. | 然后才还给她的 |
[09:40] | Get out! | 看不出来啊 |
[09:42] | Pretty good, huh? | 是不是挺厉害 |
[09:43] | Yeah, yeah, really makes up for the… | 是啊 弥补了你那一套… |
[09:47] | I get excited! | 我不是激动了嘛 |
[09:50] | Okay, I dropped Teddy and Emme off at your parents, | 我把泰迪和艾米放在你爸妈家了 |
[09:53] | so we have all day to track Kate. | 我们有一整天时间可以追踪凯蒂 |
[09:55] | Okay, great. Yeah, when Katie left, | 好的 凯蒂离开的时候 |
[09:56] | she said she was gonna hole up at Mandy’s | 她说会在曼迪家待一天 |
[09:58] | because they have some school project. | 因为要一起做学校的项目 |
[10:00] | – Lie. – Yeah. | -骗人 -是啊 |
[10:02] | So I said, “Are you going anywhere else?” | 我就问 “还会去其他地方吗” |
[10:03] | She said, “No.” | 她说”不会” |
[10:04] | Lie. | 骗人 |
[10:05] | Mm-hmm. So I said, “You call me if you do.” | 我又说 “要是出去的话打给我” |
[10:07] | She said, “Okay.” | 她说”好的” |
[10:07] | Big lie. | 大骗子 |
[10:09] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[10:10] | That’s one minute of conversation, | 就这么一分钟的对话里 |
[10:11] | three possible lies. That’s a hat trick. | 三个谎言 简直是连中三柱 |
[10:15] | Man, I can’t wait to catch her. Huh. | 真想赶紧抓住她 |
[10:17] | Ooh, and then you can take a picture of me with her | 对 到时候你帮我和她拍张照 |
[10:18] | – like I caught a big fish. – Yeah. | -假装我抓了条大鱼 -行 |
[10:21] | All right, let’s find out where she really is. | 好了 来看看她到底在哪里 |
[10:22] | – Time to press the button of truth. – Okay. | -准备开启真相之门 -对 |
[10:27] | What does it say? | 上面怎么显示 |
[10:28] | – Says she’s right behind us. – What? Oh… | -显示她就在我们身后 -什么 |
[10:32] | I got you. | 骗到你了 |
[10:33] | Okay. It says she’s at, uh… | 好 上面说她在… |
[10:36] | Mick’s Ale House. | 米克啤酒屋 |
[10:38] | That’s a bar. | 是个酒吧 |
[10:40] | A bar? That’s worse than a ditch! | 酒吧 还不如掉进沟里呢 |
[10:43] | We got to go get her right now. | 我们得赶紧去接她 |
[10:45] | She never went to a bar before she was friends with Mandy. | 她认识曼迪以前 从来不去酒吧 |
[10:47] | Yeah, never trust your daughter with someone | 是啊 绝对不能让女儿交给这种 |
[10:48] | who’s “Been to San Francisco.” | “去过旧金山”的朋友 |
[11:02] | There she is. Oh, my God. Thank God she’s okay. | 她在那儿 天哪 谢天谢地她没事 |
[11:05] | I’m gonna kill her. | 我要杀了她 |
[11:08] | Know what? Now it’s time to really lower the boom. | 听我说 现在必须得放大招了 |
[11:09] | Yeah, that first time was just practice; we are warmed up now. | 对 第一次只是练习 现在热身完毕了 |
[11:13] | You’re coming home with us, young lady. | 小妞 你马上跟我们回家 |
[11:17] | Okay. | 好啊 |
[11:19] | I’m sorry. You know, w-we thought you were someone else. | 抱歉 我们认错人了 |
[11:24] | What’s the name of this place, again? | 这里叫什么名字来着 |
[11:27] | The Over My Dead Body Bar. | 打死也不会来酒吧 |
[11:28] | That’s it. Yeah, yeah. | 就是这个 没错 |
[11:30] | I mean, what kind of degenerates hang out in a bar | 什么样的人会堕落到上午十一点半 |
[11:31] | 11:30 in the morning? | 来逛酒吧 |
[11:33] | Hey, guys. | 你们好 |
[11:36] | Well, that answers that. | 你的答案来了 |
[11:38] | What are you guys doing here? | 你们怎么会来这里 |
[11:39] | What are you doing here? | 你怎么会在这里 |
[11:41] | Well, I’m in the dart league | 我参加了飞镖联赛 |
[11:41] | that I talked you into sponsoring. | 就是之前劝你赞助的那个 |
[11:43] | Dart league? | 飞镖联赛 |
[11:45] | You said it was a Little League. | 你之前说是少年棒球联合会[小联赛] |
[11:47] | Well, it is a little league. There’s only four teams. | 确实是个小联赛 才四个队 |
[11:50] | Okay. I-I’ll just call Kate. | 好吧 我直接打给凯蒂 |
[11:52] | We’ve been tracking Kate’s phone. It says she’s here. | 我们追踪了凯特的手机 上面显示她在这里 |
[11:55] | It’s ringing. | 通了 |
[12:00] | Why is your pocket buzzing? | 为什么你的口袋在振动 |
[12:03] | But that-that’s Kate’s phone. | 可这是凯蒂的手机 |
[12:04] | – Why do you have Kate’s phone? – I-I guess I grabbed it | -为什么凯蒂的手机会在你手里 -也许是 |
[12:07] | by accident when I was over there this morning. | 我早上过去的时候拿错了 |
[12:08] | It looks just like mine. | 看起来跟我的一样 |
[12:10] | Or… | 也许是 |
[12:12] | Katie switched phones with Don to throw us off. | 凯蒂故意跟老唐换了手机 想甩掉我们 |
[12:14] | Yeah, she must’ve figured out that we turned her tracking on. | 她肯定是发现我们打开了追踪应用 |
[12:17] | And we wasted all day chasing down this barfly. | 我们煞费苦心 只抓到这么个酒鬼 |
[12:21] | Hey. I’m an athlete. | 我是运动员 |
[12:23] | Yeah, if-if you can drink beer while you’re doing it, | 是吗 喝着啤酒在做的运动 |
[12:25] | it’s not a sport. | 不能称为体育运动 |
[12:27] | Yeah, but the problem is, | 可问题是 |
[12:28] | once again, we have no idea where Katie is. | 我们又不知道凯蒂在哪里了 |
[12:32] | You know what? | 算了 |
[12:33] | Forget privacy. We’re going into her phone. | 别管隐私了 直接看她手机吧 |
[12:35] | Well, we don’t have a choice. | 我们别无选择 |
[12:36] | She’s like a counterintelligence mastermind. | 她简直是反侦察大师 |
[12:39] | We’re dealing with freaking Jason Bourne here. | 她简直就是杰森·伯恩[《谍影重重》] |
[12:46] | 20 minutes inside a teenage girl’s brain. | 窥探青少年女孩大脑的二十分钟 |
[12:49] | That was terrifying. | 太恐怖了 |
[12:52] | If they’re the future, we’re doomed. | 如果她们是未来 我们完了 |
[12:56] | She doesn’t have a clown pulling levers, | 她大脑里不是拉操作杆的小丑 |
[12:57] | she’s got a monkey throwing bananas. | 简直是扔香蕉的猴子 |
[13:03] | Well, at least we know where Kate is now. | 至少现在我们知道她在哪里了 |
[13:05] | She and Mandy made plans | 她和曼迪约好了 |
[13:06] | to meet some girls at Beacon Street Coffee. | 要去比肯街咖啡店见几个女孩 |
[13:08] | Yeah. And then they somehow made their texts set off fireworks. | 对 而且她们的短信还会放烟花 |
[13:13] | After we punish her, I’m gonna make her show me how to do that, | 等惩罚完她 我得让她教教我怎么弄的 |
[13:15] | because that’s just fun. | 也太好玩了 |
[13:21] | Mandy sure has a lot to say about those red sweatpants | 你上次去送她们时穿的红色运动裤 |
[13:23] | you wore to drop-off last week. | 可是被曼迪吐槽了半天 |
[13:25] | What? She said she liked them. | 什么 她之前说很喜欢啊 |
[13:27] | She liked making fun of them. | 她是很喜欢吐槽吧 |
[13:30] | You know, when a man’s wearing sweatpants in public, | 一个男人当众穿运动裤 |
[13:31] | things have already gone wrong for him that day. | 那天就已经很倒霉了 |
[13:35] | Mandy! | 曼迪 |
[13:38] | Let’s go bust Katie. | 我们去抓凯蒂的包 |
[13:39] | Yeah. Yeah. | 好 好 |
[13:40] | But if Mandy catches a little shrapnel, that’s okay, too. | 要是误伤了曼迪 我也完全不介意 |
[13:50] | Oh, there she is, there she is, there she is. | 她在那儿 在那儿 |
[13:54] | Why would Katie lie about | 她不过是在咖啡店 |
[13:56] | meeting people we know at a place that we’d let her go? | 见个熟人 为什么撒谎 |
[13:58] | Yeah. It’s like Jason Bourne jumped off a building | 对 就像杰森·伯恩好不容易跳下大楼 |
[14:01] | just to hang out with his judgy friend Mandy. | 结果就只是为了见他的朋友吐槽狂魔曼迪 |
[14:04] | It just doesn’t make any sense. | 真是想不通啊 |
[14:06] | Yeah, we didn’t lie about stuff like this when we were kids. | 对 我们小时候从不会为这种事撒谎 |
[14:09] | Well, we didn’t have to. | 我们不需要撒谎 |
[14:10] | We’d just walk out the door in the morning, | 只要早上出去 |
[14:12] | and made sure we were home by dark. | 赶天黑前回来就行 |
[14:14] | Yeah. My parents liked it that way. | 对 我爸妈就喜欢这种三不管 |
[14:17] | It freed up time for my dad to smoke cigarettes | 省下来的时间我爸好抽烟 |
[14:19] | and hose down the driveway in his tank top. | 穿着背心拿着水管洗车道 |
[14:23] | So much hair everywhere, | 他身前身后都是毛 |
[14:24] | you couldn’t tell if he was coming or going. | 完全看不清正反面 |
[14:29] | Hey, do you think Katie lied to us | 你说凯蒂和我们撒谎是不是 |
[14:30] | because she wants the freedom we had? | 因为想要像我们当时的自由 |
[14:33] | You know, I mean, we know where she is every second of her life. | 我们要随时随地知道她的行踪 |
[14:36] | Well, yeah, but we have to, right? | 对 但这是我们必须要做的 对吧 |
[14:38] | I mean, times have changed. | 时代变了 |
[14:39] | The Internet has taught us | 互联网教会我们 |
[14:40] | that literally every other person in the world besides us | 这世上除了我们每个人都是 |
[14:43] | is a cranked-up sex maniac. | 性变态 |
[14:44] | I know, I know. I just… | 我知道 我懂 但… |
[14:47] | I never thought about it from Katie’s side before. | 我从没从凯蒂的角度想过这个问题 |
[14:50] | You know, some of my best times as a kid | 我小时候的很多美好时光都是 |
[14:52] | were when I was out there in the world, on my own. | 在我在外面独自晃荡的时候 |
[14:55] | Yeah. She’ll never have that feeling. | 好吧 她从未有过这种感受 |
[14:59] | It’s kind of sad. | 还挺悲哀的 |
[15:00] | Yeah. | 是 |
[15:06] | – Okay, let’s go bust her. – No, Adam. | -走 我们去抓她 -别 亚当 |
[15:08] | What? We’re not gonna do anything? | 什么 这件事就这么过去了吗 |
[15:09] | Well, you just said you understood her. | 你刚不是说你理解她了吗 |
[15:11] | Well, yeah, I understand her. | 对 我是理解她 |
[15:12] | But I’ve been running all over town, | 但我为了她跑了这么远 |
[15:13] | I’m hot, I haven’t had lunch, and somebody’s got to pay. | 又热 又饿 总得拿她出个气吧 |
[15:16] | – Okay… – Plus, we agreed | -好了 -而且 我们说好了 |
[15:18] | that we can’t let Katie think she’s smarter than us. | 不能让凯蒂觉得她把我们糊弄了 |
[15:20] | Look, don’t worry, all right? We will figure out a way | 别担心 我们想个办法 |
[15:23] | to let her know who’s really in charge. | 让她知道到底谁才是管事的 |
[15:24] | Okay? Come on. | 好吗 走吧 |
[15:26] | I still haven’t heard the word “Lunch.” | 我还饿着呢 |
[15:27] | And we will get you some lunch. | 一会儿就给你吃 |
[15:31] | I’m telling you, if Katie feels the need to lie to us | 凯蒂之所以跟我们撒谎 |
[15:33] | because we’re looking over her shoulder, | 就是因为我们管太多 |
[15:34] | let’s see how she feels when we don’t look at all. | 不如我们彻底不管了 看她怎么办 |
[15:37] | But what if she feels good? | 如果她觉得那样正好呢 |
[15:41] | She won’t. Trust me. We need to change it up. | 不会的 相信我 我们得改改 |
[15:43] | She beats us because she knows our whole playbook. | 她对我们的战术太了解了 |
[15:46] | Run, run, pass, punt. | 跑 跑 过 迂回 |
[15:49] | Yeah, but this time we’ll blow her mind | 对 这回我们要回传球 |
[15:51] | and hit her with the flea flicker. | 打她个措手不及 |
[15:54] | I love it when you talk football to me. | 我就喜欢你跟我聊橄榄球 |
[15:58] | Here she comes. | 她回来了 |
[16:02] | Hey, guys. | 我回来了 |
[16:04] | I know I’m late, don’t freak out. | 我知道我回晚了 别生气 |
[16:06] | Oh, you’re late? Hmm, hadn’t noticed. | 晚了吗 没注意 |
[16:11] | Oh, okay, well, aren’t you gonna ask me | 你都不问问我 |
[16:12] | how things went at Mandy’s house? | 在曼迪家玩得怎样吗 |
[16:14] | I’m not. Are you? | 不问 你想问吗 |
[16:16] | Uh, let me guess: selfie, selfie, | 我猜猜 自拍 自拍 |
[16:18] | Mandy made fun of something I’m wearing. | 曼迪嘲笑我穿的衣服 |
[16:22] | We’re good. | 我们完全不好奇 |
[16:25] | So that’s it? | 就这样吗 |
[16:27] | Well, what else would there be? | 那你想怎样 |
[16:30] | I don’t know, you guys just usually have a lot of questions. | 不知道 你们以前不是总问东问西吗 |
[16:32] | Well, I mean, you’re 14 now; it’s like you said, | 你都14了 就像你说的 |
[16:34] | you don’t need us looking over your shoulder all the time. | 我们不用再时刻盯着你了 |
[16:37] | I mean, if this was a hundred years ago, | 要是在100年前 |
[16:38] | you’d have five kids by now. | 你都生五个娃了 |
[16:43] | But… | 但… |
[16:44] | Uh, could you keep it down? We’re reading. | 你别说了好吧 我们看书呢 |
[16:50] | Okay, what is going on here? | 你俩到底怎么了 |
[16:52] | I-I mean, I was gone all day, | 我出去了一整天 |
[16:53] | and you’re not asking any questions? | 你们却什么都不问吗 |
[16:56] | You know, I wasn’t even at Mandy’s. | 我根本没在曼迪家 |
[16:59] | What? | 什么 |
[17:03] | Yeah, and you had no idea. | 对 你没想到吧 |
[17:05] | I could’ve been in a ditch. | 我要是掉阴沟里了怎么办 |
[17:08] | I mean, where have you guys even been all day? | 你俩今天都干什么了 |
[17:12] | The library. | 在图书馆 |
[17:15] | I don’t know what’s going on here, but I don’t like it. | 这到底是怎么了 我很不喜欢 |
[17:19] | So… | 这么说… |
[17:20] | you don’t like it when we’re hands off, | 我们不管你 你反而难受了 |
[17:22] | and you also don’t like it | 然而我们管你的时候 |
[17:23] | when we’re looking over your shoulder? | 你不是也难受吗 |
[17:26] | Being a teenager’s hard, Adam. | 当个青少年真难啊 亚当 |
[17:30] | So hard. | 太难了 |
[17:33] | Okay. | 好了 |
[17:36] | I’m gonna make a deal with you, kid, because I like you. | 看在我喜欢你的份上 这样吧 |
[17:40] | We’ll give you a little more freedom, | 我和你妈决定给你点自由 |
[17:42] | and you give us a little more honesty. | 但你以后绝不能和我们撒谎 |
[17:45] | But with this new freedom | 如果这点自由 |
[17:46] | comes the possibility that you might end up somewhere | 让你觉得有点危险 |
[17:49] | that you don’t feel safe, or you just want out. | 或者你觉得不舒服 想回家 |
[17:53] | And if that happens, | 一旦出现这种情况 |
[17:55] | you can call us, anytime, any place, | 你可以随时随地打给我们 |
[17:59] | and we will come get you. | 我们就去接你 |
[18:02] | Okay? No questions asked. Hmm? | 好吗 我们绝不问东问西 |
[18:04] | Exactly. | 对 |
[18:05] | Except there will be a lot of questions. | 但问东问西还是不能免 |
[18:09] | Oh, and, uh, by the way, here’s your phone. | 给 你的手机 |
[18:11] | It was in Don’s pocket. | 在老唐的口袋里 |
[18:13] | Any idea how it got there? | 你知道是怎么回事吗 |
[18:19] | Does this whole honesty thing have to start right now? | 是从现在开始就不能撒谎了吗 |
[18:23] | Well, I think that answers our question. | 我们已经把你看穿了 |
[18:26] | Got to get up pretty early in the morning to fool us, babe. | 你撒谎的功力还差得远 宝贝 |
[18:30] | Now, why don’t you go upstairs | 上楼去吧 |
[18:31] | and think about what actually happened here, young lady. | 好好想想刚发生了什么 |
[18:36] | And what we actually did about it. | 我们是怎么处理的 |
[18:50] | Who’s smarter now? | 看看到底谁更聪明 |
[18:51] | It’s us. | 我们哦 |
[18:53] | We just Jason Bourned Jason Bourne. | 我们刚谍影重重了杰森·伯恩 |
[18:57] | She’ll tell us where she’s going next time. | 下回她出去肯定跟我们说 |
[18:59] | We’ll pretend to give her her freedom so she feels independent, | 我们假装给她自由 让她觉得自己独立了 |
[19:03] | but we’ll track her every move so we can sleep at night. | 但我们还是要时刻盯着她 这样才能安心 |
[19:05] | Yeah. Yeah, and we’ll call it Operation False Freedom. | 对 我们把它叫假自由行动 |
[19:11] | Oh, I like that we have a code name. | 还有代号呢 我喜欢 |
[19:12] | It makes us sound like Navy SEALs. | 感觉像海豹特战队 |
[19:14] | Well, we need to be. We’re up against some crafty opponents. | 我们必须成特战队员 对手太狡猾啊 |
[19:23] | Honey? | 亲爱的 |
[19:25] | You were outside? | 你刚在外面 |
[19:27] | Yeah, I was shooting baskets with Devon. | 对 我和德文打球呢 |
[19:31] | Buddy. | 伙计 |
[19:33] | Where are your pants? | 你的裤子呢 |
[19:37] | Forgot to wear pants again! | 又忘穿裤子了 |
[19:43] | Well, it’s not gonna be hard to outsmart him. | 要骗他估计不难 |
[19:48] | No. That one we got in the bag. | 没错 妥妥的 |
[19:58] | Hi, can I have one donut hole please? | 你好 给我个甜甜圈洞好吗 |
[20:01] | And the donut that hole came from. | 还有甜甜圈 |
[20:07] | – Hello? – Hey, babe. | -喂 -宝贝 |
[20:09] | Coming home soon? | 要回家了吗 |
[20:10] | Yeah, still at work, just wrapping up a few things. | 对 还在单位 收拾一下就走 |
[20:15] | When you’re done, can you bring some donuts home for your family? | 等你收拾完了 能不能带点甜甜圈回来给家人 |
[20:20] | Oh, you’re tracking me now, too? | 你还跟踪上我了 |
[20:22] | Yes, I am. | 对 没错 |
[20:23] | I’m not the only secret snacker in this family. I want that under record. | 我不是这家里唯一一个吃独食的人 对了 帮我保密 |
[20:27] | Hey, I could be getting a coffee. | 说不定我只想买杯咖啡呢 |
[20:29] | Yeah, when I go to pub, I just get soda. | 我去酒吧还只点气泡水呢 |
[20:33] | Fine. | 好吧 |
[20:34] | I’ll turn off my tracking, if you turn off yours. | 我们互相都把跟踪关了吧 |
[20:36] | Deal. | 好 |
[20:37] | But seriously, bring home some donuts. | 不过说真的 买点甜甜圈带回来 |