| 时间 | 英文 | 中文 | 
|---|---|---|
| [00:03] | I’ll take the kids to school. | 我送孩子们去学校 | 
| [00:04] | I want to talk to the principal, again, | 要再去跟校长谈一谈 | 
| [00:06] | about letting Kate play on the boys’ soccer team. | 关于让凯特进男生足球队的事 | 
| [00:08] | Why are you making yourself crazy with this? | 你干嘛这么执着于这件事 | 
| [00:10] | Even if the school agrees, | 就算校方同意了 | 
| [00:12] | you know the boys are gonna be jerks about it. | 你知道那些臭小子也会嘴贱的 | 
| [00:14] | Remember that Disney movie | 还记得那部迪士尼电影吗 | 
| [00:15] | where they put the donkey on the football team | 他们非让驴子加入了橄榄球队 | 
| [00:17] | to kick the field goals? | 踢球射门得分 | 
| [00:20] | He did not fit in. | 他不合群 | 
| [00:23] | Yeah, I remember that movie. | 对 我记得那部电影 | 
| [00:25] | They went all the way to the Super Bowl with that donkey. | 他们跟驴合作一起打进了超级碗 | 
| [00:29] | Okay, kiddos, finish up. | 孩子们 快吃 | 
| [00:30] | We’re out the door in two minutes. | 两分钟后出门 | 
| [00:32] | Hey, Adam. We met a guy at breakfast who wants to apply to | 亚当 我们吃早餐的时候碰到个人 | 
| [00:34] | – be foreman of the mini-mall job. – Oh, is he any good? | -要申请小商场工程的工头职位 -他怎么样 | 
| [00:36] | Been running a table saw 25 years | 操作台锯25年来 | 
| [00:38] | and is only missing one finger. | 只锯掉一根手指 | 
| [00:41] | Put him on top of the pile. | 把他放到最上面 | 
| [00:43] | I can’t wait until there’s a new guy at work. | 等不及跟新人一起工作了 | 
| [00:45] | I’ve gotten enough guff. | 我听到太多的狂言了 | 
| [00:46] | It’s time for me to dish some out. | 是时候筛选一些人出去了 | 
| [00:48] | And believe you me, I’ve got guff to give. | 相信我 我有很多狂言可说 | 
| [00:52] | You keep using words like guff | 如果你继续用狂言这种词 | 
| [00:53] | I doubt your life is gonna change much. | 恐怕生活是没办法改变的 | 
| [00:56] | Hey, uh, just out of curiosity, why does it have to be a guy? | 我好奇问一下 为什么一定是男人 | 
| [00:59] | What do you mean? | 什么意思 | 
| [01:00] | Well, all the applicants are men. | 所有申请人都是男人 | 
| [01:02] | Well, the job is foreman. | 这工作是工头 | 
| [01:04] | It’s for a man. | 是公的头 | 
| [01:07] | No, that’s not why. | 不对 才不是这样 | 
| [01:10] | Okay, look, my crew are big, tough guys, | 因为我的团队里都是粗壮的爷们 | 
| [01:12] | so I need an even bigger, tougher guy | 所以我需要雇来更粗更壮的爷们 | 
| [01:14] | to boss them around. | 来管理他们 | 
| [01:15] | Plus, we have Porta-Potties. Those things don’t flush. | 而且我们用的是临时厕所 不能冲水 | 
| [01:17] | It’s no place for a lady. | 不是淑女待的地方 | 
| [01:19] | You are the father of two daughters. | 你是两个女儿的父亲 | 
| [01:21] | Would you want Emme and Kate being denied opportunities? | 你希望艾米和凯特被机会拒绝吗 | 
| [01:24] | At a construction site? Yes. | 被工地拒绝 好啊 | 
| [01:28] | Look, I do what I do | 听着 我要干好我的工作 | 
| [01:29] | so they can have the kind of namby-pamby jobs | 她们才能找到闲适的工作 | 
| [01:32] | where your boss has a ponytail and you can call in sad. | 老板梳着马尾辫 你心情不好可以打电话请假 | 
| [01:37] | So, women can only do namby-pamby jobs? | 所以女人只能做闲适的工作喽 | 
| [01:39] | No, no, I just… | 不是 不是 我只是 | 
| [01:50] | Why is everyone so quiet? | 大家为什么这么安静 | 
| [01:52] | ‘Cause you’re about to get it, Dad. | 因为你马上就要被收拾了 爸爸 | 
| [01:56] | No, no, no, no, no. | 不是的不是的 | 
| [01:58] | We are having a friendly talk that I am gonna win. | 我们只是在进行友好对话 我马上就赢了 | 
| [02:00] | Okay? | 好吗 | 
| [02:02] | But just in case I don’t, go wait in the car. | 但是万一我不能赢呢 你们去车里等着 | 
| [02:05] | I bet Mom says a bad word. | 我打赌老妈会说脏话 | 
| [02:06] | Oh, I bet she says all of them. | 我打赌她会把脏话都说了 | 
| [02:08] | How many bad words are there? | 脏话有多少个词来着 | 
| [02:11] | Four big ones and there’s, like, 12 words for butt. | 四个大的 还有12个说屁股的 | 
| [02:17] | Okay, look, I’m-I’m not saying women are worse than men. | 我不是说女人比男人差 | 
| [02:21] | I’m just saying they’re different. | 我只是说他们不一样 | 
| [02:23] | Why did we even go see Wonder Woman? | 我们何必去看《神奇女侠》呢 | 
| [02:27] | What? It’s true. | 什么 这是真的 | 
| [02:29] | Why can’t we say it? | 我们为什么不能说 | 
| [02:31] | Because there are other people in the room. | 因为房间里还有别人 | 
| [02:37] | Look, men are better at some things | 听着 男人更擅长一些事 | 
| [02:40] | and women are better at others. | 而女人更擅长其他的事 | 
| [02:43] | You know, I have to say… | 我不得不说 | 
| [02:45] | you’re kind of being a sexist. | 你有点性别歧视 | 
| [02:47] | Okay, well, you don’t have to say it. | 好啦 你没必要说出来 | 
| [02:49] | Look, I am not a sexist. All right? | 我并不是性别歧视者 好吗 | 
| [02:52] | I’m just saying what everyone else is thinking. Right, guys? | 我只是把大家心里想的说了出来 对吗 兄弟们 | 
| [02:55] | Uh, I completely agree with you, | 只要她一走 | 
| [02:56] | as soon as she leaves. | 我百分之百同意你的说法 | 
| [02:59] | I would hire a woman because, again, I am not a sexist. | 我会雇女人的 再说一遍我不是性别歧视者 | 
| [03:03] | But no women want this job. | 可没有女人想要这份工作 | 
| [03:05] | Uh-huh. A-And where did you advertise for this job? | 你在哪发布的招聘信息 | 
| [03:10] | I told these guys. | 我跟这些人说了 | 
| [03:15] | You know there are websites | 你知道有的网站上 | 
| [03:16] | with qualified people looking for jobs. | 是有合格的人来应聘工作的人吧 | 
| [03:19] | Maybe you should look there. | 也许你可以去那上看看 | 
| [03:20] | Fine. I will. | 好 我会的 | 
| [03:22] | And I bet there’ll be some women on there. | 我打赌那上面肯定会有女人的 | 
| [03:23] | I’ll bet there will. | 肯定有的 | 
| [03:25] | – And you should find one. – I will. | -你应该找一个 -我会的 | 
| [03:26] | – And interview her. – Fine. | -然后面试她 -行 | 
| [03:28] | Fine. | 行 | 
| [03:36] | I’ve never seen anyone lose that slowly before. | 我第一次看见有人可以输得这么慢 | 
| [03:43] | Okay, Leonard, thanks for stopping by. | 好的 莱纳德 谢谢你能来 | 
| [03:46] | Oh, here, take this with you. No need to waste it. | 给 一起带走 别浪费了 | 
| [03:50] | He totally failed my what’s your favorite lunch Question. | 他完全没有答出你最爱的午餐是什么 | 
| [03:53] | Caesar salad? He’s not one of us. | 凯撒沙拉 我们不是一路人 | 
| [03:56] | We’ve interviewed seven guys today | 我们今天面试了七个人 | 
| [03:58] | – and none of them are any good. – Yeah, well, | -没有一个好的 -对 | 
| [03:59] | all right, we’re almost done. We just got one more. | 好的 我们快面试完了 就剩一个了 | 
| [04:01] | – A lady. – Really? | -一位女士 -真的吗 | 
| [04:03] | You actually did that? | 你真的找了 | 
| [04:04] | Yeah, because I am not a sexist. | 对 因为我不是性别歧视者 | 
| [04:06] | So, we’re gonna interview this girl, | 所以我们赶快面试这个女生 | 
| [04:07] | who’s never gonna get the job, and then grab some lunch. | 反正也不会雇她 然后快去吃午餐 | 
| [04:11] | All right, that’s her, so remember, | 好的 是她来了 记住 | 
| [04:13] | she’s just a person trying to get a job, so act professional. | 她不过是来应聘工作的 大家表现专业点 | 
| [04:15] | Goes without saying. | 还用说吗 | 
| [04:16] | Come on in. | 请进 | 
| [04:20] | I’m Zara. | 我是扎拉 | 
| [04:22] | Hey, mama. | 嘿 香甜 | 
| [04:38] | So, Zara, uh, | 扎拉 | 
| [04:40] | what do you like about construction? | 你喜欢建筑业的什么 | 
| [04:42] | What’s there not to like? | 没有不喜欢的 | 
| [04:43] | I get to smash stuff, get to drive big machines, | 我可以把东西砸烂 还能驾驶大机器 | 
| [04:46] | and when you’re finished, | 等你辛苦工作以后 | 
| [04:47] | there’s something there that wasn’t there before. | 会出现曾经不存在的东西 | 
| [04:51] | – Good answer. – Mm, yeah. | -好答案 -是啊 | 
| [04:53] | The last guy said he liked how easy it was to quit. | 上个人说他喜欢辞职方便 | 
| [04:56] | I see you went to college. | 我看到你念过大学 | 
| [04:58] | In this job, we build colleges. | 我们在这份工作中 建大学 | 
| [04:59] | We don’t go to them. | 不是念大学 | 
| [05:01] | If you look at the next line, you’ll see that I got a degree | 如果你看下一行 可以看到我的学位是 | 
| [05:04] | in construction management. | 建筑工程管理 | 
| [05:05] | Oh, a big fancy college girl. | 一个大学毕业的女生呢 | 
| [05:08] | I’m sorry. I can’t give you guff. | 抱歉 我不能对你说狂言 | 
| [05:10] | You seem lovely. | 感觉你人很好 | 
| [05:12] | Zara, the issue I’m having here | 扎拉 我目前看到的问题是 | 
| [05:13] | is you don’t have a ton of on-site experience. | 你没有很多实操的经验 | 
| [05:16] | Yeah, it’s hard for a woman to get a job on a work site. | 对 女人很难在工地上找到工作 | 
| [05:19] | Guys just hire other guys. | 男人只会雇男人 | 
| [05:22] | – What? – What? – What? | -什么 -什么 -什么 | 
| [05:24] | Look, I have enough experience to know | 但我的经验足够看得出来 | 
| [05:27] | that you’d already have your roof up | 如果你们不在铲车后面赌骰子 | 
| [05:28] | if your guys weren’t shooting dice behind that forklift. | 可能现在房顶已经盖好了 | 
| [05:32] | Don, you said you were gonna handle that. | 大唐 你说你会去处理的 | 
| [05:34] | I did. They cut us in for 20%. | 我处理了 他们给我们两成分成 | 
| [05:36] | That’s how we got the fancy coffee maker. | 所以我们才能买那台高级咖啡机 | 
| [05:38] | I’ll take care of this. | 交给我来处理 | 
| [05:45] | Get back to work! | 回去工作 | 
| [05:47] | Every minute you’re on your ass, I’m docking your pay! | 你们多坐一分钟 我就要扣钱了 | 
| [05:50] | Oh, they’re moving now. | 他们现在动地方了 | 
| [05:52] | Look, Big Ernie just ran into a hole. | 看 大厄尼跑到洞里去了 | 
| [05:55] | Oh, it’s okay. Little Ernie is helping him out. | 没关系 小厄尼在帮他出去 | 
| [05:58] | Now they’re both in the hole. | 这回他们都进洞里了 | 
| [06:03] | Nice guys. | 人都不错 | 
| [06:05] | Very impressive. | 表现很好 | 
| [06:07] | I haven’t seen Big Ernie run that fast | 大厄尼只在他前妻来那次 | 
| [06:08] | since his ex-wife came down here. | 跑过这么快 | 
| [06:11] | You know, I-I think she’s hired. | 我觉得可以雇她了 | 
| [06:13] | hang on. I have one last question. | 等一下 我还有最后一个问题 | 
| [06:15] | If you were ordering lunch today, what would you get? | 如果今天让你订午餐 你会点什么 | 
| [06:18] | Oh, answer’s always chili. | 答案永远是辣椒 | 
| [06:19] | Yeah, she’s hired. | 好 就她了 | 
| [06:22] | This is amazing. | 太棒了 | 
| [06:23] | Thank you so much for the opportunity. | 谢谢你们给我的机会 | 
| [06:25] | You won’t regret it. I will work my tail off for you. | 我不会让你们后悔的 鞠躬尽瘁为你们工作 | 
| [06:27] | Hey, you earned it. | 这是你应得的 | 
| [06:29] | I’m sorry. Before you go… | 等一下 我想问你 | 
| [06:30] | You look so familiar. | 你看起来很眼熟 | 
| [06:31] | Have we met? | 我们见过吗 | 
| [06:33] | Nice try, gramps. | 勇气可嘉 老爷爷们 | 
| [06:40] | No, I-I really think I know her. | 不 我好像真的认识她 | 
| [06:42] | It’s because she’s attractive. | 因为她长得很迷人 | 
| [06:43] | It happens to me all the time. | 这种事我经常碰到 | 
| [06:45] | People see this and they think they know me. | 大家看到我的样貌 就觉得认识我 | 
| [06:47] | Although, often, they just think I’m Rachel Maddow. | 不过通常大家误以为我是瑞秋·麦都 | 
| [06:51] | This is so great. | 这下太好了 | 
| [06:52] | Not only is Zara perfect for the job, | 扎拉非常适合这份工作不说 | 
| [06:54] | but when Andi sees that I hired a woman, | 等安迪知道我雇了一个女人 | 
| [06:56] | she’s gonna feel bad for calling me a sexist. | 肯定会后悔叫我性别歧视者 | 
| [06:58] | Then you know what I’m gonna see? | 知道我会看到什么吗 | 
| [07:00] | Regret face. | 后悔脸 | 
| [07:01] | Ah, regret face, the rarest of all the wife faces. | 后悔脸 妻子表情中最罕见的一种 | 
| [07:05] | I saw a touch of that on my wedding day. | 我只在结婚当天恍惚看过一次 | 
| [07:12] | Hey, honey. Welcome home. | 亲爱的 欢迎回家 | 
| [07:17] | Wow, you seem chipper. | 心情不错啊 | 
| [07:19] | Ah, just a great day to be alive. | 活着又是美好的一天 | 
| [07:23] | I was very productive, met a lot of guys, | 我效率非常高 面试了很多人 | 
| [07:25] | hired a new foreman. | 雇了新工头 | 
| [07:26] | Oh, yeah? Did you go with Mr. Nine Fingers? | 是吗 选了九根手指先生吗 | 
| [07:29] | No, no. | 没有哦 | 
| [07:31] | No, not him. Went with someone else. | 不是他 选了别人 | 
| [07:33] | This one’s got body parts the other guys wish they had. | 这个人有着其他人想要拥有的身体部位 | 
| [07:36] | Okay, so, get this. | 好吧 你听着 | 
| [07:37] | I just got off the phone with Kate’s principal | 我刚刚跟凯特的校长通完电话 | 
| [07:40] | and he said the administration would discuss | 他说会和管理层讨论一下 | 
| [07:42] | putting Kate on the team. | 让不让凯特进球队 | 
| [07:43] | They don’t mean that. | 他们根本就没这个打算 | 
| [07:44] | That’s the same trick I use on you. | 方法和我哄你的方法一样 | 
| [07:47] | Sexism. | 性别歧视 | 
| [07:50] | It is the scourge of our country, | 这是我们国家苦痛的根源 | 
| [07:52] | but what are you gonna do? | 可你又能怎么样呢 | 
| [07:55] | Oh, that’s probably the new foreman coming by | 可能是新工头 | 
| [07:57] | to get the start paperwork. | 取准备文件的 | 
| [07:58] | I’ll get it. | 我去开 | 
| [07:59] | I’m very excited to get it. | 我很兴奋地来开门 | 
| [08:04] | Andi, meet the new guy. | 安迪 见见新人 | 
| [08:06] | It’s a lady. | 是位女士 | 
| [08:12] | Hey. I’m Zara. | 你好 我是扎拉 | 
| [08:14] | Zara, this is my wife, Andi. | 扎拉 这位是我妻子安迪 | 
| [08:16] | That stunned look on her face is, uh, | 她脸上震惊的表情 | 
| [08:19] | it’s ’cause she’s not used | 是因为她不习惯 | 
| [08:20] | to seeing women in construction. | 看到建筑业里有女人 | 
| [08:22] | She’s kind of old-fashioned. | 她有点传统 | 
| [08:26] | Here’s your, uh, here’s your paperwork. | 给你文件 | 
| [08:28] | Great, thanks. Yeah. | 好 谢谢 | 
| [08:29] | Oh, was there a reason why you didn’t just e-mail this to me? | 你不直接发电邮给我是不是有原因的 | 
| [08:32] | Yes, yes, there was. I’ll see you tomorrow. | 对 有的 我们明天见 | 
| [08:38] | Wait a second, you actually hired a woman as your foreman? | 等一下 你真的雇了个女人当工头 | 
| [08:43] | Uh-huh. Yeah. | 对 | 
| [08:45] | Perhaps now you’d like to take back calling me a sexist? | 现在你是不是该把说我性别歧视这句话收回去了 | 
| [08:48] | I mean, that word starts off great, | 这个词的第一个字很好 | 
| [08:49] | but then goes downhill real fast. | 后面加上就急转直下了 | 
| [08:52] | You know what… | 你知道吗 | 
| [08:55] | maybe I misjudged you. | 也许是我误会你了 | 
| [08:59] | There it is. | 就是这个 | 
| [09:02] | The regret face. Oh. | 后悔脸 | 
| [09:05] | It’s just, it’s so beautiful. | 真是太美了 | 
| [09:06] | I almost can’t look straight at it. | 几乎让我不能直视 | 
| [09:08] | It’s like an eclipse. | 就像日蚀一样 | 
| [09:10] | No, I’m serious. | 不 我是认真的 | 
| [09:12] | I’m so proud of you. | 我很为你骄傲 | 
| [09:13] | – Yeah? – Yeah, I mean, you were a dusty old seed | -是吗 -是 以前你是满身灰尘的老种子 | 
| [09:17] | and now you’re-you’re just, | 现在的你是 | 
| [09:18] | you’re blossoming into a beautiful flower husband. | 绽放成了美丽的花朵丈夫 | 
| [09:23] | I really am. Yeah, I’m, uh, | 没错 就是我 | 
| [09:25] | I’m-I’m changing people’s lives. | 我在改变别人的生活 | 
| [09:27] | I think they’re gonna put me on a stamp. | 他们会把我印到邮票上的 | 
| [09:32] | I was waiting in my car for Zara to leave. | 我一直坐在车里等扎拉走远 | 
| [09:35] | I figured out how I know her. | 我知道我怎么认识她的了 | 
| [09:36] | – What? – She was a dancer at the Tassel Castle. | -怎么认识的 -她在流苏城堡当过舞者 | 
| [09:41] | What? I thought that place closed down. | 什么 我以为那地方关门了 | 
| [09:48] | I mean, what’s the Tassel Castle? | 我是说 流苏城堡是什么地方 | 
| [09:52] | It’s the-the strip club down at the airport. | 是机场附近的脱衣舞俱乐部 | 
| [09:55] | Oh, Don. | 大唐啊 | 
| [09:57] | And a little bit Adam. | 再加上这个亚当 | 
| [10:00] | I think our new foreman may have left something off her resume. | 我们新工头的简历好像漏掉什么没写 | 
| [10:03] | Wha… | 什么 | 
| [10:05] | is he saying that you hired an exotic dancer? | 他是说你雇了一个脱衣舞女郎吗 | 
| [10:08] | Apparently. | 显然是的 | 
| [10:10] | Although, I don’t know why he’s saying it in front of you. | 不过 我不懂他为何要当着你的面说 | 
| [10:16] | Oh, Adam. | 亚当 | 
| [10:17] | And now only Adam. | 这次全是亚当 | 
| [10:21] | No, no, no, no. | 不 别这样 | 
| [10:23] | You-you were proud of me. | 你之前以我为傲的 | 
| [10:24] | I was blossoming. | 还说我要开花了 | 
| [10:25] | I was… | 我… | 
| [10:26] | I was gonna be on a stamp. | 差点就被画进邮票了 | 
| [10:31] | I guess this isn’t the first time an airport stripper | 不过这也不是第一次 一位机场脱衣舞女 | 
| [10:33] | ruined a husband’s day. | 毁掉一位丈夫的一天 | 
| [10:40] | Hey, don’t be mad at me, be mad at Don– | 别生我气 要怪就怪老唐 | 
| [10:42] | he went to the strip club. | 他去了脱衣舞俱乐部 | 
| [10:43] | Bad Don. | 老唐你不乖 | 
| [10:46] | I didn’t go for the girls, | 我不是为了妞去的 | 
| [10:47] | Marcy and I used to go for the hot wings. | 我以前经常和玛茜去吃辣鸡翅 | 
| [10:48] | You get in free if you bring your wife. | 带着老婆一起可以免费入场 | 
| [10:51] | That’s a real peek behind the curtain. | 这可真是幕后爆料 | 
| [10:53] | No, no, no, you can’t go behind the curtain. | 不对 幕后是不能进的 | 
| [10:55] | They’re very serious about that. | 他们很重视这个原则 | 
| [10:57] | And I’m sure it was Zara. | 我很确定是扎拉 | 
| [10:59] | She was going by the name Amber Breeze. | 当时她的名字叫琥珀轻风 | 
| [11:03] | I am just not comfortable with you working ten hours a day | 我只是觉得你每天上十小时班 | 
| [11:07] | with somebody who used to dance for schlumpy perverts. | 不该跟以前给蠢蛋和变态跳舞的人一起 | 
| [11:10] | Don’t call my wife schlumpy. | 我老婆才不是蠢蛋 | 
| [11:17] | Okay, so, you want me to fire her | 好吧 就因为她以前跳舞谋生 | 
| [11:18] | because she used to dance for a living? | 你就希望我把她炒了吗 | 
| [11:20] | That sounds sexist. | 听起来很像性别歧视 | 
| [11:21] | You’re the sexist! | 你才是性别歧视者 | 
| [11:22] | That is not what I meant. | 我不是这个意思 | 
| [11:24] | Okay, yeah, I know what you meant. | 行 我知道你什么意思 | 
| [11:25] | And frankly, it saddens me. | 说实话 我觉得很难过 | 
| [11:29] | Okay, how could you, the mother of two daughters, | 你懂吗 你可是两个女孩的妈 | 
| [11:31] | be so judgmental? | 竟然如此尖酸浅薄 | 
| [11:32] | That’s women keeping women down, that’s what that is. | 你这是女人在为难女人 就是这样 | 
| [11:34] | I am not a sexist. | 我不是性别歧视者 | 
| [11:37] | I just… I’m suspicious of strippers. | 我只是 不信任脱衣舞女 | 
| [11:41] | So she’s a stripperist. | 她是脱衣舞女歧视者 | 
| [11:46] | Look, I believe | 我认为 | 
| [11:47] | that any woman should be able to have any job. Right? | 任何女人都应该拥有她们想要的工作 | 
| [11:51] | Unless she’s a stripper and it’s with my husband. | 除非她是脱衣舞女 还想跟我老公共事 | 
| [11:53] | I mean, come on, | 你想想看 | 
| [11:54] | you’re out there building things | 你在外面搞建筑 | 
| [11:56] | and getting all sweaty. | 浑身是汗 | 
| [11:57] | I mean, you’re so sexy when you’re sweaty. | 毕竟你出汗的时候那么性感 | 
| [12:00] | I am? | 真的吗 | 
| [12:04] | I’ve been taking showers all these years like an idiot. | 这么多年我跟个傻子似的总洗澡 | 
| [12:10] | She has to go. All right? | 她必须走 懂吗 | 
| [12:12] | There is not a wife in America who would disagree with me. | 全美国的妻子都会赞同我的想法 | 
| [12:14] | Okay, wait, hang on, hang on, | 好 等等 | 
| [12:15] | we’re getting all bent out of shape | 我们现在这么激动 | 
| [12:17] | about something Don says he remembers seeing years ago. | 依据不过是老唐几年前的记忆 | 
| [12:20] | I mean, Amber Breeze? | 你想 琥珀轻风 | 
| [12:22] | I’m pretty sure that’s the name of the air freshener | 这听起来就像临时厕所里 | 
| [12:24] | in the Porta-Potties. | 用的空气清新剂 | 
| [12:28] | Look, look. | 听我说 | 
| [12:29] | Before we do anything, | 先不要轻举妄动 | 
| [12:30] | we have to find out if it’s even true. | 我们得查清楚到底是不是真的 | 
| [12:33] | Okay, well, you said you were sure. | 我问你 你刚才说很确定 | 
| [12:35] | How confident are you? | 你有多确定 | 
| [12:36] | Very. | 非常确定 | 
| [12:39] | Like 50-50. | 一半一半吧 | 
| [12:44] | Hey, did you hear anything from school | 爸妈 学校那边有回复吗 | 
| [12:46] | about me playing on the boys’ soccer team? | 关于我去男橄榄球队打球的事 | 
| [12:48] | Oh, not yet. | 还没有 | 
| [12:49] | Are you sure you really want to do this? | 你确定真想这样吗 | 
| [12:51] | I mean, I’ve been telling you since you were two: | 从你两岁起我就一直跟你说 | 
| [12:53] | stay away from boys, they are gross. | 离男孩远点 他们很恶心 | 
| [12:56] | I just want to be on the best team. | 我只是想去最好的球队 | 
| [12:58] | Okay, okay, | 好吧 | 
| [12:59] | but those boys only want one thing | 但那些男孩只有一个目的 | 
| [13:01] | and it’s not for you to play the goalie. | 而那绝不是让她当守门员 | 
| [13:07] | Honey, she’s growing up. | 亲爱的 她长大了 | 
| [13:09] | – She’s gonna be blocking a lot of balls. – Don’t… | -肯定要挡掉不少球[蛋蛋] -别这样… | 
| [13:17] | Don’t do that. | 别这么说 | 
| [13:20] | That’s my baby. | 她是我的宝贝 | 
| [13:22] | All right, look, Zara’s gonna be here any minute | 听我说 扎拉很快就会过来 | 
| [13:23] | to go over these blueprints with me | 跟我一起看这些蓝图 | 
| [13:25] | and then we’ll just ask her if she was a dancer. | 到时候我们就问她当没当过舞女 | 
| [13:26] | Well, no, we can’t just ask her. | 不行 肯定不能直接问 | 
| [13:28] | I mean, if we’re wrong, we’re just gonna look like jerks. | 一旦猜错了 我们会显得很混蛋 | 
| [13:31] | Okay, uh, oh. Well, how about | 好吧 那这样 | 
| [13:32] | if I drop a dollar bill on the floor | 我往地上扔一美元 | 
| [13:33] | and we see how she picks it up? | 看她怎么捡起来 | 
| [13:39] | I mean, if she, like, if she, like, | 如果她要是 | 
| [13:41] | crawls across the floor to get it, case closed. | 爬着过去捡起来 那就很清楚了 | 
| [13:45] | Or we could try literally anything else. | 这简直是最烂的办法 | 
| [13:48] | Fine, we’ll do it the slow way. | 好吧 那就换个慢点的 | 
| [13:51] | Okay, and if it turns out to be true, she’s out. | 好 如果真是这样 必须辞退她 | 
| [13:55] | I’ll get the door. | 我去开门 | 
| [13:58] | Hey, come on in. Hey. | 来了 请进 | 
| [14:00] | I stopped by the job site to get the guys started | 我去了一趟工地 让他们开工 | 
| [14:03] | and I noticed that the whole crew wasn’t wearing shirts. | 结果发现他们都没穿上衣 | 
| [14:06] | Is that normal? | 一般都这样吗 | 
| [14:08] | No, they’re just not used to having a girl around. | 不是 他们不习惯工地上有女孩 | 
| [14:10] | They’re trying to impress you. | 他们只是想吸引你的注意 | 
| [14:12] | Well, I was impressed by the amount of back hair. | 他们背上那么多毛 确实很难忽视 | 
| [14:16] | Hey, uh, you know, speaking of not wearing shirts, | 说到这个不穿上衣 | 
| [14:18] | Andi, do you think it’s weird to not wear a shirt at your job? | 安迪 你觉得上班不穿上衣奇怪吗 | 
| [14:22] | Well, yeah, I mean, I’ve always worn shirts at my job. | 有点吧 毕竟我上班都穿着的 | 
| [14:26] | But I bet there are some jobs out there | 不过有些工作 | 
| [14:28] | where-where you don’t have to. | 大概可以不穿 | 
| [14:30] | Yeah. Yeah, yeah. Like a lifeguard. Mmm. | 是啊 比如救生员 | 
| [14:33] | – Or a TV show lifeguard. – Right. | -或者电视上的救生员 -对 | 
| [14:37] | Zara, can you think of any more? | 扎拉 你能想到什么吗 | 
| [14:40] | Lion tamer. | 驯兽师 | 
| [14:42] | True. True, true, true, true, yeah, very true, yeah. Hmm, yeah. | 没错 很对 说得很对 没毛病 | 
| [14:52] | No. | 不行 | 
| [14:59] | Uh, you know, I know it’s kind of early, | 其实呢 虽然现在时间还早 | 
| [15:00] | but, boy, I would like a beer. | 但我真的好想来杯啤酒 | 
| [15:01] | Andi, what’s the name of that beer you like? | 安迪 你喜欢的那个啤酒叫什么 | 
| [15:03] | Amber something? | 琥珀什么的 | 
| [15:04] | I don’t know, I’ll drink anything. | 不知道 我什么都能喝 | 
| [15:08] | Andi… | 安迪 | 
| [15:09] | The beer Don was talking about. | 就是老唐提到的那个 | 
| [15:13] | Oh, set me up again. | 你再问一次 | 
| [15:15] | You know, I had– all right, | 算了 我… 行了 | 
| [15:16] | I’ve had enough of this, okay? | 我受够了 好吗 | 
| [15:17] | Hey, Zara, you know, uh, we heard that… | 扎拉 我们听说… | 
| [15:21] | you might have been a dancer at the Tassel Castle. | 你之前好像在流苏城堡当过舞者 | 
| [15:25] | Yes, I was a stripper. | 对 我当过脱衣舞女 | 
| [15:29] | Well, there it is. | 好的 清楚了 | 
| [15:33] | – Okay, uh, Zara… – Wait. | -好的 扎拉 -等等 | 
| [15:35] | Is this gonna be a problem? | 是有什么问题吗 | 
| [15:37] | Because I really don’t want to lose this job. | 因为我真的不想失去这份工作 | 
| [15:39] | You guys are the only ones that gave me a chance. | 你们是唯一给了我机会的人 | 
| [15:54] | Andi? | 安迪 | 
| [15:55] | What, it’s-it’s none of my business who you hire. | 怎么 你爱雇谁雇谁 不关我事 | 
| [15:57] | I don’t like to get involved. | 我不想插手 | 
| [16:02] | Look, it’s… | 听我说 | 
| [16:03] | it’s not like the Tassel Castle was my dream job. | 流苏城堡又不是我梦寐以求的工作 | 
| [16:06] | My parents didn’t approve of me | 因为我是个女人 | 
| [16:08] | doing construction because I was a woman. | 所以我父母不支持我做建筑 | 
| [16:10] | They wouldn’t pay for my school, | 他们不给我交学费 | 
| [16:11] | so I had to find a job where I could work nights, | 我被迫找了一份夜里上班的工作 | 
| [16:14] | go to school during the day and make enough money to pay for it. | 这样白天可以继续上学 也交得起学费 | 
| [16:16] | I did what I had to do. | 我是情势所迫 | 
| [16:18] | And I know some people might judge me. | 我知道有些人会因此看不起我 | 
| [16:23] | But I don’t care. | 但我不在乎 | 
| [16:25] | I’m proud of myself. | 我很骄傲 | 
| [16:27] | I wasn’t gonna let anybody | 我不会让任何人 | 
| [16:28] | tell me how I could live my life. | 告诉我到底该怎么活 | 
| [16:30] | Wow, that… | 天哪 | 
| [16:32] | that is so inspiring. | 好励志 | 
| [16:35] | I can’t believe you even thought about firing her over this! | 真不敢相信你竟然想因此开除她 | 
| [16:42] | Man… | 我去… | 
| [16:44] | Zara’s been through some stuff. | 扎拉真是经历了很多 | 
| [16:45] | – Yeah, her parents, huh? – Yeah, what were they thinking? | -是啊 她那对父母 -是啊 他们怎么想的 | 
| [16:48] | I don’t know, but… that was quite a story. | 不知道 但这故事真的很感人 | 
| [16:50] | I know. | 是啊 | 
| [16:51] | Well, every dancer has a story. | 每个舞女背后都有故事 | 
| [17:00] | How do you know? | 你怎么知道 | 
| [17:03] | Don told me. Uh-huh. | 老唐说的 | 
| [17:09] | I just got an e-mail from the principal. | 我刚收到校长的邮件 | 
| [17:11] | They decided that I’m not allowed to play on the boys’ team. | 他们决定不让我去男队打球 | 
| [17:14] | Oh, honey, I’m so sorry. | 亲爱的 太遗憾了 | 
| [17:15] | I just, I don’t understand why it’s such a big deal. | 我就是不懂这有什么大不了的 | 
| [17:18] | I don’t like people telling me how to live my life. | 我不喜欢别人告诉我该怎么活 | 
| [17:21] | You know what? Neither do I. | 你说对了 我也不喜欢 | 
| [17:24] | You want to play on the boys’ soccer team, | 你想去男橄榄球队打球 | 
| [17:25] | we’re gonna make it happen. | 我们就让你去 | 
| [17:27] | Go upstairs, get your brother and sister– | 上楼去 叫上弟弟妹妹 | 
| [17:28] | we’re all gonna take you to school today, okay? | 我们一起送你去上学 好吗 | 
| [17:32] | What’s gotten into you? | 你这是怎么了 | 
| [17:33] | You heard Zara’s story– her parents didn’t support her, | 你也听到扎拉的故事了 她父母不支持她 | 
| [17:36] | she ended up spinning her tassels down at the airport. | 最后她只能在机场穿着流苏转圈圈 | 
| [17:42] | Andi, what is our number one job as parents? | 安迪 作为家长我们的第一要务是什么 | 
| [17:45] | – To… give our kids… love and security? – Nah. | -给…孩子…提供爱和安全感吗 -不是 | 
| [17:48] | That’s number two and number three. | 这是第二和第三任务 | 
| [17:49] | Number one is to keep our daughter off the pole. | 第一要务是不能让女儿去跳钢管舞 | 
| [17:54] | Okay? | 懂吗 | 
| [17:56] | So I am gonna make damn sure that I support Katie. | 所以我他妈必须要好好支持凯特 | 
| [18:02] | You’re getting all sweaty. | 你好像出汗了呢 | 
| [18:05] | I like it. Oh. | 我喜欢 | 
| [18:07] | Really? Okay, all right, well, keep that on a low simmer, | 真的吗 你保持住这种情绪 | 
| [18:10] | – and we’ll meet back here for lunch, okay? – Okay. | -我们午饭时再来相会 好吗 -好 | 
| [18:11] | All right. Uh, how– how sweaty do you want me? | 好的 对了 你希望我出多少汗 | 
| [18:14] | Like a… like a farmer, or late for a plane? | 比如是像农夫呢 还是赶飞机 | 
| [18:18] | Like a farmer who’s late for a plane. | 像一个赶飞机的农夫 | 
| [18:23] | Never a dull moment with you. Ha-ha! | 你真是永远有惊喜 | 
| [18:29] | Okay, my wife has something to say, | 好了 我老婆有话要跟你说 | 
| [18:30] | so I am gonna stand here and make sure you listen to her. | 我就站在这里 确保你好好听着 | 
| [18:34] | Release the kraken, honey. | 尽情狮吼吧 宝贝 | 
| [18:36] | You know, I have listened to all of your excuses | 听着 我听了你们很多借口 | 
| [18:38] | about how it’s not practical | 说什么女孩去男队 | 
| [18:40] | to have a girl on the boys’ team, | 这样不现实 | 
| [18:41] | but the bottom line is, | 但我告诉你真相 | 
| [18:42] | you’re the one that’s been stopping it, | 就是你在背后阻挠 | 
| [18:44] | because you’re a sexist. | 因为你有性别歧视 | 
| [18:46] | Sexist. Boom! | 性别歧视 砰 | 
| [18:49] | Yeah, and I’m not just gonna say that to your face, | 没错 我不仅要当着你的面这样说 | 
| [18:50] | I’m gonna say it on the Internet. | 我还要在网上说 | 
| [18:52] | I’m on Twitter. | 我注册了推特 | 
| [18:53] | Okay? I have 18 followers. | 懂吗 我有18个粉丝 | 
| [18:56] | And they all have followers, too. | 而他们也有粉丝 | 
| [18:57] | I’m gonna make you go viral. | 我会让你传遍网络 | 
| [18:59] | So you need to ask yourself: | 你就好好问问自己 | 
| [19:00] | which side of history do you want to be on? | 你到底希望历史记住你哪一面 | 
| [19:03] | Boom. History. | 砰 历史 | 
| [19:11] | So, what happened? | 最后怎么样 | 
| [19:13] | You’re in. | 你可以去了 | 
| [19:15] | Really? Yes! | 真的吗 太棒啦 | 
| [19:17] | Thank you! Oh, hey… | 谢谢你 | 
| [19:19] | Don’t thank me– your mom did it. | 不用谢我 全靠你妈妈 | 
| [19:21] | Yeah, you should have seen his face. | 你真该看看他的表情 | 
| [19:23] | Is that what I look like when you yell at me? | 你平时朝我吼的时候我也那样吗 | 
| [19:25] | You guys are awesome. | 你们太棒了 | 
| [19:27] | – So, you want to walk me to class? – No, we can’t. | -要不要陪我去上课 -不行了 | 
| [19:30] | We have to be escorted out by security. | 我们得被安保送出去 | 
| [19:41] | No, no, no. | 别这样 | 
| [19:45] | What? The whole crew’s doing it. It’s Fresh Air Friday. | 怎么了 整个工队都这样 新鲜星期五嘛 | 
| [19:49] | That’s not a thing. | 没这玩意儿 | 
| [19:51] | – It isn’t? – Nah. | -没有吗 -没有 | 
| [19:52] | Don! | 老唐 | 
| [19:55] | Well, I can’t put my shirt on now– | 我现在不能再穿回去了 | 
| [19:56] | I’m covered in baby oil. | 我涂满了婴儿油 | 
| [20:04] | Hey, honey. | 亲爱的回来了 | 
| [20:05] | How was soccer practice? | 橄榄球训练怎么样 | 
| [20:07] | We’re still not allowed back on campus. | 我们暂时进不了校园了 | 
| [20:12] | You were right. Boys are gross. | 你说得对 男孩很恶心 | 
| [20:16] | You got to get me back on the girls’ team. | 你们得让我回女队去 | 
| [20:23] | The kids do this to us every time. | 孩子们每次都这样对我们 | 
| [20:28] | They get excited about something, | 总是突然有个什么想法 | 
| [20:30] | we make it happen, and then they quit. | 等我们安排好了 他们又不干了 | 
| [20:34] | Hey, guys. I was thinking about playing the clarinet. | 爸妈 我有点想学吹竖笛 | 
| [20:36] | No. | 不行 | 
| [20:38] | But I really want to. | 但我真的想学 | 
| [20:39] | No, you don’t. | 你不想 | 
| [20:43] | Yeah, you’re right. I’ll just go play video games. | 你说得对 我还是去玩游戏吧 | 
| [20:45] | There you go. | 乖 | 
| [20:50] | And that’s how we’re doing that from now on. | 从今往后都这么干 |