时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:02] | Bev, you got any fours? | 贝弗 你那有四吗 |
[00:04] | Give you my fours, you give me your twos. | 把我的四给你 把你的二给我 |
[00:05] | All right. | 好的 |
[00:07] | That is not how you play gin. | 金罗美牌不是这么玩的 |
[00:10] | -金 -金 | |
[00:15] | Well, I can’t say I’m sad it’s over. | 终于打完了 我一点也不惋惜 |
[00:17] | Listen, before you guys go, | 正好你们在 是这样 |
[00:19] | I need you to clear your Saturday. | 周六那天记得把时间空出来 |
[00:21] | Well, we were all set to mail a letter, | 我们本来定好要去邮信的 |
[00:22] | but I guess we can wait till Monday. | 不过也可以等到周一去 |
[00:26] | Good, ’cause this Saturday is Andi’s birthday, | 好 因为周六是安迪的生日 |
[00:29] | and we’re all going out to dinner to celebrate. | 我们要一起出去吃晚餐庆祝 |
[00:31] | You planned ahead this year? | 今年你提前准备了 |
[00:33] | Usually first time I hear about Andi’s birthday | 通常当我们听你说到安迪生日的时候 |
[00:35] | is when you’re apologizing to her for forgetting it. | 基本就是你在为你忘记了而道歉 |
[00:39] | Okay, I admit that in the past | 我承认以前的我 |
[00:41] | I have occasionally lost track of time, | 偶尔会失去时间观念 |
[00:43] | and her birthday snuck up on me. I’ve made some mistakes. | 而被她的生日摆一道 我犯过这种错误 |
[00:49] | This is my yoga mat. | 这就是我的瑜伽垫 |
[00:51] | Yeah, you lost it, and I found it. | 对 你弄丢了 我找到了 |
[00:54] | Happy birthday. | 生日快乐 |
[01:00] | There she is. | 你来了 |
[01:03] | Happy birthday. | 生日快乐 |
[01:08] | “This coupon is good for one free massage from Adam. | 用此券可免费获得亚当按摩一次 |
[01:11] | Back or front, your choice.” | 背后还是胸前 任选 |
[01:13] | Fair warning, if we start on your front, | 贴心警示 若选胸前 |
[01:16] | things will escalate quickly, | 也许会逐渐增温 |
[01:18] | and then you can cash in this coupon. | 此时可用这张券 |
[01:26] | Did you see the cartoon people? | 你看到那俩卡通小人了吗 |
[01:28] | It’s not to scale, but that could be us. | 那不是天平 是我们 |
[01:29] | Yeah. | 看到了 |
[01:35] | -祝你… -是昨天 | |
[01:36] | Damn it! | 该死 |
[01:39] | But I’m telling you, things will be different this year | 但我要说 今年就不一样了 |
[01:41] | because Andi told me they had to be. | 因为安迪告诉我 必须不一样 |
[01:45] | Are they gone yet– Hey! | 他们走了没 你们好 |
[01:50] | I’m so glad I didn’t miss you guys. | 幸好没错过你们 |
[01:54] | So are you excited about your birthday plan? | 生日计划还满意吗 |
[01:56] | Ma! I haven’t told her yet. I want to tell her. | 妈 我还没告诉她呢 应该由我说 |
[01:59] | Oh, fine, fine. Go ahead. | 好的 你去吧 |
[02:01] | It’s a dinner! | 吃晚餐 |
[02:07] | Y-You already planned my birthday? | 你给我准备了生日计划 |
[02:10] | You mean I’m not getting my own yoga mat again? | 这次我不会再收到自己的瑜伽垫了吗 |
[02:14] | I lost it for you on purpose, just in case. | 我故意为你搞丢了 以防万一 |
[02:17] | Well, find it. | 去找回来吧 |
[02:19] | I already made a reservation at your favorite restaurant, | 我在你最喜欢的餐厅订好了位置 |
[02:20] | I scheduled the kids | 安排好了孩子们 |
[02:21] | for sleepovers that night, | 去别人家睡 |
[02:23] | and– this is the best part– | 而且 最棒的是 |
[02:25] | the dinner is on your actual birthday. | 晚餐订在 你生日当天 |
[02:31] | That’s right. | 没有错 |
[02:35] | I’m pretty handsome now, aren’t I? | 现在我帅翻了 有没有 |
[02:38] | Yeah, you are. | 有 帅翻了 |
[02:41] | We’ve never gotten to celebrate on the real day before. | 我们以前从来没在生日当天庆祝过 |
[02:43] | 太令人兴奋了 | |
[02:45] | We’re going to dinner Sunday! | 我们周日要去吃晚餐了 |
[02:47] | Yeah– Ah-ah, nice try. It’s Saturday. | 少骗我 是周六 |
[02:49] | You’re right. You did it. | 你说得对 你做到了 |
[02:50] | Yes, I did. | 对 我做到了 |
[02:53] | So do you want me to handle all the logistics? | 其他的准备需要我来做吗 |
[02:55] | Yes, say yes. | 需要 说需要 |
[02:59] | What logistics? It’s dinner with my parents, | 什么其他准备 只是吃晚餐而已 |
[03:01] | Don and Marcy, and Lowell and his wife. | 我爸妈 大唐和玛茜 洛厄尔和他老婆 |
[03:03] | It’s easy. | 很简单 |
[03:04] | She’s throwing you a lifeline. Grab it, son. | 她刚刚给你扔了条救生索 抓住啊 儿子 |
[03:09] | So everybody’s coming? | 所以大家都来吗 |
[03:11] | Well, I haven’t sent out the e-mail yet. | 不过我还没发邮件呢 |
[03:13] | – Oh, no. – Oh, no. | -糟了 -糟了 |
[03:16] | I’m sure it’ll be fine. | 肯定没问题的 |
[03:18] | These two already said they’re coming. | 这两位已经说会来了 |
[03:19] | Well, we do have some requirements. | 我们还有自己的要求 |
[03:21] | Your father needs to be near a bathroom, but not facing it. | 你爸需要坐在厕所旁边 但不能正面对着 |
[03:24] | He-he wants the convenience, | 他要足够方便 |
[03:26] | but he doesn’t like the eye contact when they come out. | 但不喜欢跟进进出出的人有目光交流 |
[03:30] | And, uh, your mother can’t eat on a carpet. | 你妈妈不能坐在地毯上吃饭 |
[03:32] | She’s susceptible to static electricity. | 她很容易受静电的影响 |
[03:35] | I’ve seen a doorknob make her fly right across the room. | 有一次 我看见她被门把手电飞了 |
[03:41] | See? It’s not easy. | 看吧 没那么简单的 |
[03:43] | I should take over. | 还是交给我吧 |
[03:45] | Honey, it’s handled, okay? | 亲爱的 已经解决了 好吗 |
[03:47] | 我订的包间 没有地毯 | |
[03:49] | And the bathroom is just around the corner. | 厕所 就在转角的地方 |
[03:53] | You think I don’t know how weird they are? | 你以为我会不知道他们有多矫情吗 |
[03:57] | We’re weird, but we’re not deaf. | 我们矫情 但还没聋 |
[04:00] | So you really think you can pull this off? | 你真觉得自己可以搞定吗 |
[04:05] | Because now you’re getting my hopes up. | 现在你可燃起了我的希望了 |
[04:07] | And if they come crashing down, they’re gonna land on you. | 如果希望之火倒了 砸的可是你 |
[04:12] | Look, all I have to do is send out the invitations. | 我只需要发送邀请函而已 |
[04:15] | One e-mail and… done. | 一封邮件 搞定 |
[04:20] | Something’s happening to me. | 我有异常的感觉 |
[04:25] | That’s the e-mail, Joe. | 是邮件 乔 |
[04:27] | I told you not to put your new phone in your pocket. | 我就说你不要把新手机放在裤兜里嘛 |
[04:30] | Send another one, will you? | 再给我发一封 好不好 |
[04:45] | Jen and I are super excited to be invited to Andi’s birthday. | 我和珍都很高兴 能被邀请参加安迪的生日晚餐 |
[04:47] | We took you to dinner a year ago, and since then, | 一年前我们邀请你们吃过晚餐 从那以后 |
[04:50] | we’ve been waiting for you to call and return the favor. | 就在等你们打电话 还这个人情 |
[04:53] | 直到今天 晚餐伙伴 | |
[04:56] | Hey, about Andi’s birthday– Marcy says we can’t make it. | 对了 安迪生日晚餐那事 玛茜说我们去不了 |
[04:59] | She made plans with people from her pottery class, so… | 她已经跟陶艺课同学约好了 所以 |
[05:02] | Pottery class? Those people are strangers. | 陶艺课 那些都是陌生人 |
[05:05] | I take you to urgent care once a week | 我每周都要载你去急诊 |
[05:07] | to get a nail out of your hand. | 把手上的钉子拔出来 |
[05:09] | Cancel it. | 取消掉 |
[05:10] | I can’t change Marcy’s plans. | 我不能改玛茜的计划 |
[05:12] | I got one boss, and it ain’t you. | 我只有一个老板 并不是你 |
[05:14] | You guys have to come. | 你们一定要来 |
[05:16] | This is about my reputation as a husband. | 这是我当丈夫的信誉 |
[05:18] | Well, when you put it that way, | 你要这么说 |
[05:20] | we still can’t come, but now I don’t feel bad. | 我们还是去不了 但现在我完全不内疚 |
[05:24] | Here comes that mean building inspector. | 那个讨厌的建筑检查员又来了 |
[05:26] | She always looks like she’s trying to scare | 她总是凶巴巴的 |
[05:27] | the hiccups out of someone. | 像要吓唬打嗝的人一样 |
[05:31] | 高兴人不错 那天还邀请她跟鲁迪来吃过晚餐 | |
[05:33] | You just met her! No, no. | 你居然请她吃饭 算了 |
[05:34] | I got what I wanted. I’ll allow it. | 我已经得偿所愿 不强求了 |
[05:39] | How’d the electrical check out? | 电路检查得怎么样了 |
[05:40] | We all good out there, neighbor? | 一切都好吧 邻居 |
[05:42] | 听好 虽然我跟你老婆是朋友 | |
[05:44] | doesn’t mean I’m gonna let things slide around here. | 不代表我会对你网开一面 |
[05:46] | If anything, I’m gonna be tougher on you. Oh. | 如果有事 我对你会毫不留情 |
[05:49] | So it pains me to say… you pass. | 所以我痛苦地宣布 你合格了 |
[05:54] | Joy, how would you and Rudy like to come | 高兴 你和鲁迪愿不愿意周六 |
[05:57] | to Andi’s birthday dinner on Saturday? | 来参加安迪的生日晚餐 |
[06:00] | We’d love to. Just one tiny thing– | 我们很愿意 不过有件事 |
[06:02] | I made Rudy a vegan, but he doesn’t know it. | 我让鲁迪当了素食者 可他并不知道 |
[06:05] | So make sure there’s something on that menu | 所以确保菜单里有一道菜是 |
[06:06] | that looks like meat, but isn’t. | 看起来像肉 实际并不是肉的 |
[06:12] | Poor guy, married to her, | 可怜的人 居然娶了她 |
[06:14] | and now she’s gonna make him live forever. | 现在她还让他求死不能 |
[06:17] | – What was that? – What was what? | -什么情况 -你说什么 |
[06:20] | Well, Marcy and I figured since we couldn’t go, | 我和玛茜觉得 既然我们去不了 |
[06:21] | you would move the dinner. | 你可以换一天吃晚餐 |
[06:22] | I can’t move the dinner. | 我换不了 |
[06:23] | It’s on Andi’s birthday. | 那是安迪的生日 |
[06:26] | – So you replaced us? – Yeah. | -所以你替换了我们 -对 |
[06:28] | How can you be so far behind? | 你怎么会这么后知后觉 |
[06:29] | It happened right in front of you. | 刚刚就发生在你眼皮底下的事 |
[06:33] | So, it’s tofu, | 所以那是豆腐 |
[06:35] | but you’ll paint it brown like meat? | 但你们给它上色 搞得像肉一样 |
[06:39] | Well, it sounds disgusting. Okay. | 听起来好恶心 好的 |
[06:41] | I’ll see you Saturday night. | 我们周六晚上见 |
[06:45] | Was that about my birthday dinner? | 是关于我生日晚餐的事吗 |
[06:47] | My hopes are flying high. | 我的希望之火熊熊燃烧哦 |
[06:50] | Are there gonna be any surprises? | 有没有安排惊喜呢 |
[06:51] | Mostly for Rudy. | 大部分是给鲁迪的 |
[06:55] | Oh, good. Rudy and Joy are coming, too? | 很好 鲁迪和高兴也来啊 |
[06:57] | “Too,” “Also,” “Instead of”– all those fun birthday words. | 也 还 替代 都是生日的欢乐词语 |
[07:02] | What? | 什么 |
[07:04] | Don and Marcy can’t make it. | 大唐和玛茜来不了 |
[07:05] | Aw, really? | 真的吗 |
[07:07] | Well, that’s not a bad thing. | 也不是什么坏事啊 |
[07:09] | I mean, Joy and Rudy will have some new stories. | 高兴和鲁迪肯定有不一样的故事 |
[07:11] | We’ve already heard all of Don’s, you know? | 大唐的故事我们都听过了 |
[07:14] | He thought that raccoon was a cat. Remember? Huh? | 他把浣熊当成了猫 记得吗 |
[07:17] | He didn’t know pickles were cucumbers. | 他不知道腌黄瓜其实是黄瓜做的 |
[07:20] | He forgot the raccoon wasn’t a cat, and tried to pet it again. | 他又忘记浣熊不是猫了 还想把它当宠物养 |
[07:25] | It’s just, you know– and you wouldn’t know this | 只是你知道 你不会知道这点的 |
[07:27] | ’cause you’ve never planned one of these– | 因为你以前从来没计划过这些事 |
[07:28] | but, um, there’s a rule that everybody agrees on | 可是有一条大家约定俗成的规则 |
[07:31] | that if one couple can’t make it, that we change the night. | 如果有一对儿夫妻来不了 我们就改期 |
[07:34] | Honey, | 亲爱的 |
[07:36] | that’s not everybody’s rule. | 那不是所有人的规则 |
[07:38] | That’s just your rule because you’re nice. | 那只是你的规则 因为你人好 |
[07:40] | But lucky for you, I’m not. | 可幸运的是 我没那么好 |
[07:44] | Okay? | 好吗 |
[07:46] | So we are having dinner on your actual birthday. | 所以我们可以在你生日当天吃晚餐 |
[07:49] | Yeah, I-I got to be honest. | 我必须要说实话 |
[07:50] | My hopes are losing a little altitude, okay? | 我的希望之火有些微弱了 |
[07:54] | Are you sure you can pull this off? | 你确定你能搞定吗 |
[07:56] | Yes. Yes. | 确定 确定 |
[07:57] | So just, look– sit back and relax. | 所以你只要 坐好放轻松 |
[08:01] | You are in for a smooth flight. | 把你的希望之火维持好状态 |
[08:11] | I’m just gonna call Marcy and figure everything out. | 我只要打电话给玛茜 然后把这一切都安排好 |
[08:14] | Look, if you pick up that phone, | 听好 你只要拿起电话 |
[08:16] | you’re saying you don’t believe in me. | 就代表着你不信任我 |
[08:19] | I believe in you. | 我信任你啊 |
[08:22] | Then why are you still walking towards the phone? | 那你为什么还朝电话走 |
[08:27] | Am I? | 我有吗 |
[08:30] | Andi, I’m telling you, this dinner is coming together. | 安迪 我跟你说 这顿晚餐一定会成功的 |
[08:32] | Yes, there was a little speed bump, | 没错 是有一些小波折 |
[08:34] | but everyone’s cool with it. | 但大家都没问题啊 |
[08:36] | He frickin’ replaced us? | 他居然替换了我们 |
[08:39] | No. No, we are not replaceable. We are family. | 不行 我们是无可替代的 我们可是家人 |
[08:43] | Technically, I’m family. You’re just the wife. | 准确来说 我是家人 你只是老婆 |
[08:46] | Sharesies? | 来一点 |
[08:48] | We are going to that dinner. | 晚餐我们去定了 |
[08:50] | You tell your brother we are in. | 去告诉你弟弟 我们去 |
[08:52] | You just made me tell him we were out. | 你才逼我告诉他 我们去不了 |
[08:54] | It was a power move. | 那是推拉战术 |
[08:55] | We lost. Let’s move on. | 我们输了 换下一步 |
[08:57] | Okay, okay. | 好吧 |
[08:59] | Just one question. | 只有一个问题 |
[09:00] | How long will menopause last? | 更年期还要多久才停 |
[09:06] | Hey, guys. Oh, Don, so, | 大家好 大唐 |
[09:08] | I called the restaurant to get you and Marcy back in. | 我打电话给餐厅 要加上你和玛茜 |
[09:10] | I did like you said. I told the guy it was for Don Burns. | 我就按你说的 说是给唐·伯恩斯订的 |
[09:13] | He got all excited and said, “Don Burns? The Don Burns?” | 他超级兴奋 跟我说 唐·伯恩斯 那个唐·伯恩斯吗 |
[09:16] | -真的吗 -假的 他们不在乎 | |
[09:19] | They can only fit eight in the private room. | 包间只能坐八个人 |
[09:21] | Look, you got to help me out. Marcy’s all over me. | 听着 你一定要帮我这个忙 玛茜会杀了我的 |
[09:24] | I tried to hide from her, but my house is too small. | 我试过躲着她 但房子太小了 |
[09:26] | Look, Don, there’s nothing I can do. | 听着 大唐 我无能为力了 |
[09:29] | Last night I had to pretend to work under my car | 昨天晚上 我不得不假装在车底干活 |
[09:30] | until she went to sleep. | 等她睡了才出来 |
[09:33] | Come on, little brother. | 求你了 好弟弟 |
[09:35] | Okay, fine. Forget it. Dinner’s cancelled. | 行吧 算了 晚餐取消了 |
[09:37] | No! | 不 |
[09:40] | I thought we’d just follow the dumb rule | 我们只能按那个蠢规矩来了 |
[09:42] | and do it on a night when everyone can go. | 挑大家都能来的那天晚上去 |
[09:43] | -行了 满意了吗 -谢谢 | |
[09:45] | All right, I’m off to the lumberyard. | 好了 我去木厂了 |
[09:46] | – Okay, good luck at the dog track. – Thanks. | -好 路过赛狗道的时候祝你好运 -谢了 |
[09:50] | No. Don’t do this. | 不 不能这样 |
[09:53] | Rescheduling means it’s never going to happen, | 改期意味着永远都不可能了 |
[09:54] | and I already took the tags off my new outfit. | 我已经把新衣服的标签撕掉了 |
[09:59] | Don’t worry. | 别担心 |
[10:01] | I’m not rescheduling. | 我不会改期的 |
[10:02] | I just said that to get Don off my back. | 我只是说着搪塞大唐的 |
[10:04] | Saturday is still on. | 周六计划照旧 |
[10:06] | Yes! Wow. What a roller coaster. | 太好了 可真是大起大落啊 |
[10:13] | You really think you can pull this off? | 你真觉得自己可以搞定吗 |
[10:14] | Why do people keep asking me that? | 为什么大家都问我这个问题 |
[10:16] | Hey, look, all we have to do is not let Andi know | 听我说 我们只要保证安迪不知道 |
[10:19] | that Don and Marcy think it’s cancelled. | 大唐和玛茜以为晚餐取消了 |
[10:21] | And it goes without saying that Don and Marcy can’t know | 当然 大唐和玛茜不能知道 |
[10:23] | that it’s not cancelled. | 晚餐没有取消 |
[10:24] | Or that it is cancelled. | 或者晚餐取消了 |
[10:26] | No. That it’s not cancelled. | 不对 晚餐没有取消 |
[10:29] | Yeah. It’s easy, man. | 对 很简单的 |
[10:32] | But what if Joy tells Marcy? | 要是高兴告诉玛茜怎么办 |
[10:37] | But that’s not gonna be a problem– | 不会有问题的 |
[10:38] | they don’t even know each other. See? I planned that, | 她们根本不认识彼此 你看 我都计划好了 |
[10:41] | and I didn’t even know it– that’s how good I am. | 而我根本完全没想过 真是机智如我 |
[10:44] | I don’t understand | 我不明白 |
[10:45] | why you could sample a grape but not an apple. | 为什么葡萄可以试吃 苹果就不行 |
[10:47] | Because it’s not a buffet. | 因为这里不是自助餐厅 |
[10:49] | Don. | 大唐 |
[10:50] | Hi, Joy. | 高兴 |
[10:52] | Is this tall fellow bothering you, ma’am? | 请问这个高个子给你造成困扰了吗 |
[10:53] | For 23 years. | 困扰我二十三年了 |
[10:56] | Joy, this is my wife, Marcy. | 高兴 这是我妻子 玛茜 |
[10:58] | Hi, Marcy. This is my husband, Rudy. | 玛茜你好 这是我老公 鲁迪 |
[11:02] | I’m looking forward to eating some steaks | 很期待在安迪的生日晚宴上 |
[11:03] | with you at Andi’s birthday dinner. | 跟你们一起吃牛排 |
[11:04] | I hope they’re good. | 希望那里的牛排比较好吃 |
[11:06] | The last few I’ve had have been real mushy. | 之前我吃的牛排都黏糊糊的 |
[11:09] | Oh, no, didn’t you hear? | 什么 你们没听说吗 |
[11:10] | No, Don and I were busy, | 因为我和大唐去不了 |
[11:11] | so they decided to reschedule. | 所以他们改期了 |
[11:13] | No, it’s still on. | 没有取消啊 |
[11:14] | What? | 什么 |
[11:16] | Yeah, Adam sent out an e-mail today confirming it. See? | 对 亚当今天还发邮件来确认呢 你看 |
[11:20] | Do you see this? | 你看到了吗 |
[11:21] | He is still having that dinner. | 他还要请他们吃晚餐 |
[11:23] | He took us off the e-mail so we wouldn’t know. | 只是邮件没抄送我们 不让我们知道 |
[11:25] | We were only on the first e-mail. | 我们只收到过第一封邮件 |
[11:27] | The first e-mail? This is the only one we got. | 第一封邮件 我们只收到这一封 |
[11:29] | No, that is the second e-mail. | 不 这是第二封邮件 |
[11:31] | Rudy, do you know what this means? | 鲁迪 你明白这意味着什么吗 |
[11:33] | When they couldn’t go, Adam subbed us in. | 他们去不了 亚当才邀请我们 |
[11:35] | We’re just seat fillers. | 我们不过是备胎 |
[11:37] | Rudy! | 鲁迪 |
[11:39] | This is an outrage! | 真是岂有此理 |
[11:52] | What? | 怎么了 |
[11:55] | I have to ask– how’s it going with my birthday dinner? | 我就是想问下 我的生日晚宴怎么样了 |
[11:58] | Perfect. Just like you. | 很完美 像你一样 |
[12:02] | And all the organizing? | 安排得顺利吗 |
[12:04] | Easy. Just like you. | 很简单 像你一样 |
[12:09] | It’s funny, ’cause it’s true. | 很好笑 因为确实如此 |
[12:11] | Yeah. Yeah. | 是吧 |
[12:13] | I’m about to get a lot easier, | 我很快会变得更简单 |
[12:14] | ’cause I’m going for more wine. | 因为我准备再来点红酒 |
[12:19] | Well, fill it to the brim, | 尽管满上吧 |
[12:21] | because this birthday is nothing but smooth sailing. | 因为这次生日可谓是顺风顺水 |
[12:29] | Who was that? | 刚才谁敲门 |
[12:30] | Wrong number. | 走错了 |
[12:38] | – Seriously, who was that? – Nobody. | -我说真的 是谁来了 -没人 |
[12:40] | I heard knocking. | 我听到有人敲门了 |
[12:41] | Oh, that was two old crows | 不过是两只老乌鸦 |
[12:43] | that flew into the door. | 撞到门上了 |
[12:51] | What are you doing? | 你在干什么 |
[12:52] | Nothing. I just want to be close to you. | 没什么 就是想离你近一点 |
[12:56] | How about a kiss? | 不如来亲一下 |
[12:59] | That’s sweet. | 这嘴甜的 |
[13:06] | I was sure you were hiding something from me. | 我很确定你一定有事瞒着我 |
[13:09] | Me? I’d never hide anything from you. | 我吗 我怎么会有事瞒你 |
[13:17] | Hey, guys. | 你们来了 |
[13:19] | Oh, look– the crows are back. | 瞧啊 乌鸦回来了 |
[13:22] | Now, I’m sorry that you have to see this, | 很抱歉要让你目睹这一切 |
[13:25] | but there are some things that need to be said | 但是关于你的生日晚宴 |
[13:27] | to your bonehead husband about your birthday dinner. | 我们有话要跟你的脑残老公说 |
[13:32] | Why are you two here together? | 你们怎么会一起来 |
[13:33] | You don’t even know each other. | 你们根本不认识彼此 |
[13:34] | We’re friends now. Helps to have a common enemy. | 我们现在是朋友了 因为有共同的敌人 |
[13:38] | He insulted me. | 他侮辱了我 |
[13:40] | Yeah. And he lied to me. | 对 而且还骗了我 |
[13:41] | You said you were rescheduling the dinner, | 你说会重新安排晚宴的时间 |
[13:43] | and you didn’t. | 但是却没有 |
[13:44] | What?! | 什么 |
[13:45] | She chose pottery class over your birthday. | 是她不管你的生日选了陶艺 |
[13:48] | You were supposed to change the date. | 按理说要换日期的 |
[13:49] | That’s the rule. | 这是规矩 |
[13:51] | That’s Andi’s rule, because she’s nice. | 那是安迪的规矩 因为她人好 |
[13:53] | So that rule doesn’t apply to you. | 但对你这种坏人不作数 |
[13:57] | He subbed me and Rudy in as seat fillers. | 他让我和鲁迪当备胎来参加晚宴 |
[13:59] | Nobody puts Joy on the B-team. | 没人能让高兴当替补 |
[14:02] | I’m not a “B.” I’m an “A.” | 我可不是替补 我是女王 |
[14:04] | An “A”! As in I will kick you in the “A”! | 让女王当替补 女王会踢爆你的屁股 |
[14:10] | You said you had this handled. | 你不是说一切都解决了吗 |
[14:12] | You said it was all easy, like me. | 你还说非常简单 像我一样 |
[14:14] | He said that to you? | 他居然这么说你 |
[14:16] | Yeah, and she thought it was funny. | 对 而她觉得我很幽默 |
[14:17] | Stay out of my marriage. | 这就是我们相处的模式 |
[14:19] | I am out of your marriage. | 你们怎么相处我不管 |
[14:21] | And I’m out of this dinner, too. | 而且我也不参加晚餐了 |
[14:22] | Okay, well, I’ll get over it. | 好吧 也没什么大不了 |
[14:25] | – Congratulations, Marcy, you’re back in. – Oh, no, no. | -恭喜你 玛茜 你可以来了 -不 |
[14:27] | I’m not coming to your dinner, either. | 我也不要去参加你的晚餐 |
[14:28] | What?! So neither of you are coming? | 什么 你们俩都不来了吗 |
[14:31] | We’ll do something fun another time with you. | 我们再找个时间约你一起吧 |
[14:33] | And we’ll have a great time– because he won’t be there. | 我们会玩得很开心 因为他不在 |
[14:43] | Those two, huh? | 这俩人可真是的 |
[14:47] | Yeah. They’re not the problem. | 是吗 可问题不在她们 |
[14:49] | You’re right. | 你说得对 |
[14:50] | We need to remember to lock that back door. | 咱们得记住一定要锁后门 |
[14:54] | I can’t believe your wife was so mad she left you here. | 你老婆竟然气到把你扔在了这里 |
[14:57] | Yours did, too. | 你老婆不也一样吗 |
[14:59] | Well, I can believe my wife did it. | 我老婆这样做是正常的 |
[15:01] | I’ve just never seen it happen to someone else. | 我只是从来没见过其他人遇到这种事 |
[15:05] | Thanks for coming to pick us up. | 谢谢你来接我们 |
[15:07] | Yeah. I needed to get out of the house. | 没事 我很想离开家透透气 |
[15:09] | Andi was so mad she stopped blinking. | 安迪气得已经不眨眼了 |
[15:12] | She was just staring, | 就一直瞪着我 |
[15:14] | like a painting of an angry wife. | 像一副愤怒妻子的肖像画 |
[15:17] | Listen, I need people at her birthday dinner. | 她的生日晚宴必须有人参加 |
[15:19] | You got to help me out with your wives. | 你们得帮我跟家里老婆说一说 |
[15:21] | Yeah, you just picked us up from a grocery store | 别忘了你刚才去超市接我们 |
[15:24] | where our wives left us. | 就是因为她们气得直接走了 |
[15:26] | Did they say if they were coming back, or…? | 她们有说会回来吗 还是… |
[15:28] | Did they even mention us? | 她们有提到我们吗 |
[15:30] | Will you two pay attention? | 你们能不能专心点 |
[15:32] | Okay? I got to do something about this. | 好吗 我得想办法解决这件事 |
[15:33] | You got to do more than something. | 你不仅需要想个办法 |
[15:35] | This is like when your team is way down at the bottom of the ninth. | 就好比你的队伍已经落后到排名第九 |
[15:37] | Yeah. You can’t just hit a double. | 没错 不能只拿到双倍得分 |
[15:38] | You need a grand slam. | 必须得来大满贯 |
[15:44] | Boy, I have never felt more like a third wheel. | 天哪 我第一次觉得自己这么多余 |
[15:47] | But you’re right, what I need is a big idea | 不过你们说得对 我需要想个妙计 |
[15:49] | that’s gonna blow her mind. | 让她目瞪口呆的那种 |
[15:51] | It’ll come to me. | 我会想到的 |
[16:00] | I needed a big idea. | 我需要一条妙计 |
[16:03] | I-It didn’t come to me. | 但是没有想到 |
[16:06] | You look beautiful way down there. | 你坐在那里显得好美啊 |
[16:09] | So, now nobody’s coming? | 没人来参加吗 |
[16:12] | No. | 对 |
[16:15] | Don and Marcy got to my parents, so they canceled in protest, | 大唐和玛茜去找我父母抗议了 默认拒绝 |
[16:19] | and… Lowell and Jen said | 而洛厄尔和珍说 |
[16:20] | they didn’t want their first dinner with us | 他们不希望第一次跟我们共进晚餐 |
[16:21] | to be on what he called a… | 就面对这样一种… |
[16:23] | “Ruined night.” | “尴尬无比”的境地 |
[16:26] | You know what, for your sake, | 你知道吗 你应该感到幸运 |
[16:27] | I-I think it’s a good thing that I’m way down here. | 我坐得这么远 够不着你 |
[16:33] | Boy, that was a quiet ride. | 这一路你可真够安静的 |
[16:37] | Good call not wasting all your words on the ride home. | 没把话浪费在回家路上 你真明智 |
[16:43] | And you’re not blinking again. | 你怎么又不眨眼了 |
[16:46] | Honey, I’m so sorry. I… | 亲爱的 真的很抱歉 我… |
[16:48] | I don’t know what to say. I… | 我不知道该说什么 我… |
[16:58] | – Surprise! – Oh, my God! | -惊喜 -我的天哪 |
[17:02] | Oh, my God. | 我的老天 |
[17:04] | You threw me a surprise party. | 你为我举办了惊喜派对 |
[17:06] | That’s right. Yeah, I needed a big idea, and it came to me. | 没错 我需要一条妙计 而我想到了 |
[17:11] | Well, how did you pull this off? | 你是怎么做到的 |
[17:13] | Well, it wasn’t easy getting them here. | 把他们请过来确实不容易 |
[17:15] | Part of the agreement was | 其中一个条件是 |
[17:16] | I had to admit to being a lying bonehead. | 我需要承认自己是个骗子加脑残 |
[17:20] | You’ll see it later. It’s written on the cake. | 你会看到的 写在蛋糕上了 |
[17:30] | Hey, everybody, I would like to make a toast | 大家好 我想邀请大家共同举杯 |
[17:33] | to my beautiful wife on her birthday. | 敬我家这位美丽的寿星一杯 |
[17:36] | Everything good that happens in my life | 我生命中发生的每一件好事 |
[17:38] | happens because of you. | 都是因为有你 |
[17:41] | Oh. Thank you. And thanks to all of you | 谢谢你 也谢谢在座所有人 |
[17:43] | for getting over how mad you were at me. | 能够放下你们对我的怒火 |
[17:46] | It was our pleasure. | 我们很荣幸 |
[17:48] | I really enjoyed how much you begged. | 我很享受看你低声下气的样子 |
[17:50] | Remember that part | 记不记得有一段 |
[17:52] | where he started to cry a little? | 他说话都带了哭腔 |
[17:56] | Your husband is very thoughtful. | 你老公可真体贴 |
[17:59] | This one here has messed up | 我身边这位呢 |
[18:00] | every birthday in my 40s. | 毁了我四十岁以来的每个生日 |
[18:02] | – Wha…? – But you’ve got one year left | -什么 -但你还有一年时间 |
[18:05] | before I turn 50. | 在我五十岁之前 |
[18:07] | She’s telling people she’s 49? | 她是在说她才四十九岁吗 |
[18:11] | That means she had me when… | 也就是说她生我的时候才… |
[18:12] | Just let her have it, boy. | 你就满足她一下吧 |
[18:17] | Hey, Jen, sorry it took | 珍 抱歉等了这么久 |
[18:18] | so long to have you guys over. | 才邀请你们来吃饭 |
[18:19] | Hey, how about you come over tomorrow for game night? | 不如你们明天来我们家玩游戏吧 |
[18:22] | What’s your pleasure? Pictionary? Yahtzee? | 你想玩什么 猜猜画画 快艇骰子 |
[18:24] | – Boggle? – Or we can do all three, Pic-Yahtzee-Boggle. | -串串字连环 -或者三个一起 猜猜快艇字连环 |
[18:30] | Well, let me talk to Andi about that right now. | 好 我去跟安迪商量一下 |
[18:34] | We were too interesting. Mm-hmm. | 我们太爱玩吓跑他了 |
[18:36] | Oh, here’s one I hate– | 我很讨厌这一点 |
[18:38] | you’re minding your own business, watching television, | 你本来看电视看得好好的 |
[18:40] | the wife walks in and says, “There you are.” | 老婆忽然走进来说 “原来你在这儿呢” |
[18:44] | And then it’s good-bye fun. | 然后就没办法玩了 |
[18:46] | And hello, Bed Bath & Beyond. | 然后就拉你去万能卫浴商城 |
[18:50] | I seriously think we should vacation together. | 我真觉得我们应该一起度个假 |
[18:53] | I would not say no to a cruise. | 最好是出海航行 |
[18:58] | This is a great birthday, honey. | 今年生日真的很棒 亲爱的 |
[19:00] | I mean, you know, my hopes were high, | 一开始我的希望熊熊燃烧 |
[19:03] | and then they were real low, and then… | 后来变成了星星之火 然后呢… |
[19:06] | you know, you came through with this, and it’s, like… | 你想到了这个 简直是噼里啪啦 |
[19:10] | Hey, you know what I’m thinking? | 你知道我怎么想吗 |
[19:12] | Next time you offer to handle logistics, | 下次你提出负责其他准备时 |
[19:14] | I’m gonna let you. | 我会同意的 |
[19:16] | I can’t even spell “Logistics.” | 我连”其他准备”几个字都写不出 |
[19:17] | What am I doing trying to handle them? | 居然还想着解决好这一切 |
[19:19] | Come on. You’re on a roll. | 别谦虚了 你厉害着呢 |
[19:22] | Aw. Can’t wait to see what my present is. | 我等不及看到我的礼物了 |
[19:32] | Me, neither. | 我也是 |
[19:35] | I-I mean, I can’t wait to see you open it. | 我是说 等不及看到你开礼物了 |
[19:37] | Yeah. I know what it is. | 我当然知道礼物是什么 |
[19:40] | Yeah. It’s on the truck. I’ll go get it. Here. | 礼物就在车上 我这就去拿 |
[19:43] | All right. I’ll be right back. | 我去去就回 |
[19:47] | In about an hour. | 大概一小时吧 |
[19:55] | I say from now on we stand up to our wives. | 以后我们一起抵抗老婆吧 |
[19:57] | The next time one of them says, “There you are,” | 下次她们要是说 “原来你在这儿呢” |
[20:00] | we just say, “Not now, I’m busy.” | 我们就说”现在不行 我很忙” |
[20:03] | I’m in. | 同意 |
[20:05] | All right. I feel strong, man. | 我觉得自己很强大 真的 |
[20:07] | – I feel good. – Good. | -感觉很好 -好 |
[20:09] | There you are. | 原来你在这儿呢 |
[20:10] | Not now, I’m busy. | 现在不行 我很忙 |
[20:15] | Not now, you’re what? | 你刚才说什么 |
[20:17] | No, he told… he… | 是他说 他… |
[20:21] | Don, you left me hanging. | 大唐 你怎么把我晾了 |
[20:24] | I’m sorry, I lost my nerve. | 抱歉 我忽然没胆量了 |