时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:02] | Lowell, how could your wife leave a man | 洛厄尔 你老婆怎么舍得离开 |
[00:04] | that makes biscuits this fluffy? | 把松饼做得这么好吃的男人 |
[00:07] | When you move into your own place, | 等你自己有家了 |
[00:08] | don’t bother getting a bed, just make a giant one of these. | 别买床了 做个巨大号的它就行了 |
[00:13] | Cooking for you guys is the least I can do. | 我也只能为你们做做饭了 |
[00:15] | You took me in at my darkest hour, | 你们在我最黑暗的时候 将我带回了家 |
[00:17] | when my soul was shattered and all hope was lost. | 当时我灵魂破碎 希望破灭 |
[00:21] | That’s the frittata. | 菜肉馅煎蛋饼好了 |
[00:24] | We have never eaten like this before. | 我们从来没吃过这么好吃的东西 |
[00:29] | Uh, we cook for you every day. | 我们每天给你做饭 |
[00:32] | I stand by what I said. | 我坚持不改口 |
[00:36] | Hey, honey, you know what I realized? | 亲爱的 你知道我意识到什么了吗 |
[00:38] | We’ve been working together for a week. | 我们已经一起工作一周了 |
[00:40] | Today is our one week workaversary. | 今天是我们的工作一周纪念日 |
[00:43] | Oh, wow, yeah. | 对 |
[00:45] | Uh, I got you something. | 我给你准备了点东西 |
[00:47] | I’m just waiting on a tracking number. | 但还在等物流 |
[00:49] | Oh, come on. Seriously, this is big. | 好了 说真的 今天很重要 |
[00:52] | I mean, I think we’re past the bumpy getting used to it phase | 我认为我们已经成功熬过了磨合期 |
[00:55] | and on to smooth sailing. | 开始步入顺利的正轨了 |
[00:57] | Toot, toot! | 呜呜 |
[00:59] | Today’s Mommy’s big day to show us the sample finishes | 今天是妈妈的大日子 要给我们看她为翻新房子 |
[01:02] | that she picked out for the flip house. | 挑选的样材和饰材 |
[01:04] | What’s a sample? What’s a finish? | 什么是样材 什么是饰材 |
[01:05] | What’s a flip house? | 什么是翻新房子 |
[01:08] | The house we’ve been fixing up to sell. | 我们维修好房子然后转卖 |
[01:10] | We’ve been talking about it for weeks. | 已经说了好几周了 |
[01:12] | You know, we listen to all your boring stories. | 你们无聊的故事我们都听了 |
[01:16] | Mr. 45 Minutes on what happened in some video game. | 一讲45分钟起先生说的游戏里的什么事 |
[01:20] | All right, come on. We better get going. | 好了 快点 我们得赶紧走了 |
[01:21] | – Oh, Lowell, do you need a ride to work? – I’ll meet you there. | -洛厄尔 用不用送你去上班 -我们公司见 |
[01:23] | I have to stop by the grocery store to pick up buttermilk | 我得去杂货店买点酪乳 |
[01:25] | for Fried Chicken Friday. | 准备炸鸡周五吃 |
[01:29] | Now that’s a wife. | 那才叫好老婆 |
[01:33] | I hope Lowell never leaves. | 我希望洛厄尔永远都不离开 |
[01:35] | No, no, no, no. We… | 不不不不 我们 |
[01:37] | We want our friend to get his confidence back, | 希望我们的朋友可以重获自信 |
[01:39] | move into his new apartment and start his new life. | 搬到属于自己的家里 开始新生活 |
[01:41] | Sure, just as long as it’s after Fried Chicken Friday. | 当然了 在炸鸡周五之后再搬就行 |
[01:53] | Ha, ha. You were quiet, you thought we’d forget | 哈哈 没人吱声 以为我们忘记 |
[01:54] | to take you to school. Come on, let’s go. | 送你们去学校了 快点 我们走 |
[01:59] | So, that’s the kitchen. | 厨房用这些 |
[02:01] | Crisp, elegant, a world above. | 清新 优雅 高高在上的世界 |
[02:05] | I got that from a vodka commercial, | 抄袭伏特加的广告了 |
[02:06] | but y-you get my point. | 但你懂我的意思就好 |
[02:08] | I love it. | 我喜欢 |
[02:09] | This is like one of those kitchens | 感觉像电视上《旧房大改造》里面 |
[02:11] | the lady on Fixer Upper would make. | 那个女士会建的厨房 |
[02:14] | Her name is Joanna Gaines, and that is the nicest thing | 那位女士是乔安娜·盖恩斯 这是你对我说过 |
[02:17] | you’ve ever said to me. | 最好的赞美了 |
[02:19] | Well, what are you thinking, Don? | 你怎么想 大唐 |
[02:21] | To be honest, I was thinking about Lowell’s biscuits. | 说实话 我在想洛厄尔的松饼 |
[02:25] | He loves it. All right, so, | 他喜欢 好的 我们 |
[02:28] | all we have left is the backsplash? | 只剩防溅墙要选了 |
[02:30] | Yeah, yeah. I’m thinking, let’s blow people’s minds | 对 我想 让大家为之惊叹 |
[02:33] | with this gorgeous Peruvian tile. | 就用这美丽的秘鲁瓷砖 |
[02:37] | Eh, that stuff’s expensive. | 那东西很贵的 |
[02:39] | Okay? I’m thinking we need something | 知道吗 我觉得我们需要 |
[02:40] | a little less Peruvian, a little more Home Depot-vian. | 少一点秘鲁风 多一点家得宝库存风 |
[02:44] | And you know, I’ve checked the comps for this neighborhood, | 我已经问过这里的邻居们的意见了 |
[02:46] | and they don’t support high-end finishes. | 他们不喜欢高端样材 |
[02:48] | Values in this neighborhood are up ten percent. | 邻居的意见占一成 |
[02:51] | Buyers are gonna be looking for something more custom. | 买家会更喜欢有风格的东西 |
[02:53] | Maybe, maybe, but that’s a gamble. | 也许是 也许没错 但那是赌 |
[02:56] | Okay? And last time we gambled, | 知道吗 我们上次赌了一把 |
[02:58] | you got pregnant for the third time. | 你怀孕了 三中三 |
[03:01] | Guys, can I say something? | 两位 容我说一句 |
[03:03] | I don’t even remember eating the last biscuit. | 我不记得自己有没有吃最后那块松饼了 |
[03:07] | All right, look. Okay, we both have some good points, | 好的 我们说得都有道理 |
[03:09] | so it’s a tie. | 所以算是平局 |
[03:10] | But at work, tie goes to the boss, so the answer’s no. | 但在工作上 平局由老板裁定 所以答案是不 |
[03:15] | But it’s imported. | 可这是进口的 |
[03:16] | No. | 不 |
[03:17] | Artisan. | 工匠制造 |
[03:18] | No. | 不 |
[03:19] | That means hand-painted. | 那意味着是手工绘制的 |
[03:21] | Oh. Well, then, no. | 哇 还是不 |
[03:25] | Three no’s. | 三个不 |
[03:27] | That’s a lot of no’s. | 说了好多个不 |
[03:30] | Oh, come on, honey. | 好了 宝贝 |
[03:32] | You’re not gonna get mad just because I said no to some tile? | 你不会因为我对瓷砖说了不 就生我的气吧 |
[03:34] | Well, no, it’s not the no, it’s just, you had a tone. | 不 不是因为你说不 是因为你的语调 |
[03:39] | I had a tone? | 我的语调 |
[03:40] | Yeah. “Tie goes to the boss”? | 对 平局由老板裁定 |
[03:42] | I mean, who says that? | 谁会说这种话 |
[03:43] | The boss. | 老板 |
[03:46] | Okay. You know what? I’m a professional. | 好的 我知道 我是专业人士 |
[03:48] | I can handle it. | 可以接受的 |
[03:50] | Great. | 太好了 |
[03:51] | Don’t touch me. | 别碰我 |
[03:53] | Come on. | 不是吧 |
[03:54] | I thought we were smooth sailing. | 我们不是走上顺畅的正轨了吗 |
[03:56] | Toot, toot. | 呜呜 |
[03:59] | You should go with the nice tile, | 你应该选好瓷砖的 |
[04:00] | ’cause this might be where you’re living now. | 可能以后你要住这了 |
[04:15] | Thanks for coming to pick us up. | 谢谢你来接我们 |
[04:17] | Andi’s still mad about that tile, | 安迪还在因为瓷砖的事生我的气 |
[04:19] | so she drove herself and my truck keys to work. | 她带着我的卡车钥匙开自己的车上班去了 |
[04:23] | It was a very quiet dinner last night. | 昨天的晚饭吃的那叫一个安静 |
[04:25] | If I can’t win her over with my Beef Wellington, | 这要是我的惠灵顿牛排做砸了 |
[04:27] | you know Mama’s cranky. | 妈妈肯定会发火的 |
[04:29] | Well, it got worse when we went upstairs. | 我们上楼以后更惨 |
[04:32] | She made me watch Sex and the City reruns. | 她逼着我看《欲望都市》重播 |
[04:35] | That is the longest I’ve gone | 我这辈子第一次 |
[04:36] | without laughing in my entire life. | 那么长时间没笑过 |
[04:39] | You and Andi are creating a hostile work environment. | 你和安迪在公司搞得人心惶惶 |
[04:42] | I may need a couple weeks off. | 得放我两周大假 |
[04:46] | The problem is, Andi’s not used to me saying no to her. | 问题是安迪不习惯我对她说不 |
[04:49] | You say it to us all the time. | 你经常对我们说不啊 |
[04:51] | That’s because you guys are men, | 因为你们是男人 |
[04:53] | and you understand that no is the end of it. | 你们知道 不是一件事的结束 |
[04:56] | But women are stronger than us. They don’t give up. | 但女人比我们更强 她们不会放弃 |
[04:58] | That’s why they give birth. | 所以才由她们生孩子 |
[05:01] | We’d be like, oh, forget it, just leave it in, | 换成我们会说 不生了 留在肚子里 |
[05:03] | I’ll loosen my seatbelt. | 大不了安全带放长点 |
[05:07] | Like how my wife wouldn’t take no for an answer | 就像我老婆也不接受我说不 |
[05:09] | when she asked if she could sleep with other men. | 她问我能不能和别的男人去睡觉的时候 |
[05:15] | Lowell, your thing is not like other things, okay? | 洛厄尔 咱俩情况很不一样 行吗 |
[05:19] | When Andi and I were first married, I said no a lot. | 我和安迪刚结婚的时候 我经常说不 |
[05:22] | But then I noticed something: it didn’t work. | 然后我就发现了 那没有用 |
[05:26] | Do you think I said yes to this? | 你们绝对我会同意这个东西么 |
[05:29] | A giant painting of a tricycle? | 一大幅三轮车的画 |
[05:32] | I said no to her 20 times, but she asked me 21 times, | 就算我说了20遍不 她还会问第21遍 |
[05:39] | Why a tricycle? I don’t get it. | 为什么要三轮车 我不懂 |
[05:42] | So when she hears a no from you, it’s a shock to the system. | 所以当她听见你说不的时候 就造成了系统震撼 |
[05:45] | Right, right. And now that I’m her boss, | 是的 现在我是她老板了 |
[05:48] | I’m gonna have to say no to her all the time. | 我会经常对她说不 |
[05:50] | Marcy hates it when I say no. | 玛茜讨厌我说不的时候 |
[05:53] | So whenever she brings up something I disagree with, | 所以当她说一些我不同意的事 |
[05:55] | I just say “Yeah, maybe.” | 我就说“好 也许吧” |
[05:59] | “Yeah, maybe”? | “好 也许吧” |
[06:01] | Yeah. It’s like a softer version of no. | 对 更委婉的方式来说不 |
[06:05] | I can’t say a real no to her. | 我不能对她真的说不 |
[06:06] | She’ll rip my arms off. | 她会把我胳膊卸了的 |
[06:08] | And I need my arms. That’s where I keep my hands. | 我我需要我的胳膊 那是我放手的地方 |
[06:13] | And that works? | 有用吗 |
[06:14] | Every time. | 屡试不爽 |
[06:16] | She feels like I’m thinking about it– | 给她的感觉是我在考虑 |
[06:17] | which I’m not– time passes, | 其实我并没有 然后时间久了 |
[06:20] | and then it just goes away. | 这件事就没了 |
[06:23] | I’ll be in the truck. | 我去车上等你们 |
[06:31] | Am I crazy, or did he just say something helpful? | 是我疯了 还是他刚刚说的挺有道理的 |
[06:34] | I’m as stunned as you are. | 我和你一样被震惊了 |
[06:37] | “Yeah, maybe.” Huh. | “好 也许吧” |
[06:40] | Next time Andi brings up the tile, I’m using that. | 下次安迪再提起瓷砖 我就用这招 |
[06:42] | I can’t sleep when we’re fighting. | 我们一吵架 我就睡不着 |
[06:44] | Okay? Usually I’m the big spoon and she’s the little spoon. | 通常我在背后抱着她 大勺子抱小勺子 |
[06:47] | But you can’t cuddle with an angry spoon. | 但小勺子生气呢 没法抱 |
[06:51] | That’s just a fork. | 就变成叉子 会扎人 |
[06:57] | Oh, hey, Andi. You okay? | 安迪 你没事吧 |
[06:59] | I’ve been all over town trying | 我到处去找能用的便宜瓷砖 |
[07:00] | to find a cheaper tile that’ll work, | 整个市都被我翻遍了 |
[07:02] | but I know that the one I picked is perfect. | 但我知道 我挑的就是最好的 |
[07:04] | And then, I got so distracted thinking about how right I was, | 然后我就被自己有多正确分心了 |
[07:06] | that I drove onto the front lawn of the library. | 结果把车开进了图书馆的草坪里 |
[07:10] | Maybe let Adam have this one. | 也许这次可以让亚当做主 |
[07:11] | In the marriage book I’m reading, a little late– | 我在看的婚姻指导书里写道…我替你们说 |
[07:14] | I said it before you could– | 现在看有点晚了 |
[07:16] | they say the best gift you give yourself | 他们说 给自己最好的礼物 |
[07:18] | is the one you give your partner. | 就是你给伴侣的礼物 |
[07:21] | Yeah, I’m not doing that. | 我不打算听 |
[07:24] | I mean, this is my first big idea | 这是我们在伯恩斯兄弟做的 |
[07:27] | for Burns Brothers, you know? | 第一个重要决定 知道吗 |
[07:28] | And how we handle this is gonna decide | 我们如何解决这件事 将决定着 |
[07:29] | how we handle everything else. | 以后所有事情的解决方式 |
[07:31] | I don’t know, the tile | 也许这个瓷砖 |
[07:33] | is a great idea Adam hasn’t recognized yet. | 就是亚当还没意识到的好主意 |
[07:36] | Husbands are weird. | 丈夫都很奇怪 |
[07:37] | Last night, Don handed me a bunch of biscuit crumbs | 昨天晚上 大唐从兜里掏出一堆松饼碎屑给我 |
[07:40] | from his pocket and asked me to reverse engineer it. | 让我对它们做还原工程 |
[07:44] | Like Jurassic Park, he said. | 他说 就像侏罗纪公园那样 |
[07:47] | You know, when we were first married, | 我们刚结婚的时候 |
[07:48] | I had to convince Adam of everything. Oh. | 所有事情我都得去说服亚当 |
[07:51] | But you know, I’d just keep explaining how what I wanted | 我只能不停地解释 为什么我的主意是好主意 |
[07:54] | was a good idea until he realized he was wrong. | 直到他意识到自己的错误 |
[07:58] | Like that tricycle painting. | 就像那副三轮车画 |
[08:01] | He didn’t want it, and now, | 他本来不想要 看现在 |
[08:03] | he loves it as much as I do. | 他和我一样喜欢 |
[08:06] | Are you sure he loves it? | 你确定他喜欢吗 |
[08:07] | Oh, yeah. Okay? | 确定啊 |
[08:10] | I mean, sometimes I catch him staring at it, | 有时候我还能看见他盯着那副画 |
[08:14] | shaking his head, wondering how he could’ve been so wrong. | 摇着脑袋 想着自己当初错得多离谱 |
[08:18] | You’ll wear him down eventually. | 最后你肯定能把他磨服 |
[08:20] | I believe in you. I don’t have time. | 我相信你 -可我没时间了 |
[08:23] | I mean, every day we own that house, we’re losing money. | 那个房子我们多留一天 就多损失一天的钱 |
[08:26] | We got to keep things moving. | 我们必须赶快解决 |
[08:28] | You’re making this way too complicated. | 你把这件事情搞得太复杂了 |
[08:30] | He’s a guy. | 他是个男人 |
[08:31] | You know what to do. Sex him up. | 你知道怎么做 床上把他搞定 |
[08:34] | If you don’t want to do it, that’s fine. | 如果你不想这么做 无所谓 |
[08:35] | Just don’t have a backsplash. | 防溅墙就别装了 |
[08:37] | No backsplash? Well… | 不装防溅墙 |
[08:39] | Huh, better go shave my legs. | 我赶紧去给腿刮毛 |
[09:02] | So, lowell took the kids to the movies. | 洛厄尔带孩子们去看电影了 |
[09:11] | So it’s just you and me. | 只剩我们 两个人了 |
[09:21] | I think I dripped a little salsa on that arm. | 胳膊上好像沾到酱汁了 |
[09:25] | I like it, señor. | 我喜欢 先生 |
[09:26] | It makes you spicy. | 让你尝起来热辣辣 |
[09:31] | Okay, well, i guess you’re not mad at me anymore. | 看来你一点都不生我的气了 |
[09:36] | Well, if you’re talking about the flip house, | 如果你说的是房子翻新的事 |
[09:39] | we both want the same thing. | 我们两个要的是一样的 |
[09:40] | Right? To make the most money when we sell it. | 对吗 把它卖出最好的价格 |
[09:45] | Which is why | 所以呢 |
[09:46] | I really think… | 我真的觉得 |
[09:52] | …we need… | 我们需要 |
[09:57] | …that gorgeous Peruvian tile. | 那个漂亮的 秘鲁瓷砖 |
[10:01] | Ha! There it is. | 说出来了吧 |
[10:03] | – Okay, I’m onto you. – What? | -被我看穿了 -什么 |
[10:06] | You’re using sex to get your way? | 你想用身体说服我 |
[10:08] | Ooh, I want to be mad at you, but I just can’t. What… | 我真想生你的气 但我做不到 |
[10:14] | Come on, honey. | 宝贝 |
[10:14] | I-I… I really think the tile is the way to go. | 我真的觉得那个瓷砖是正确的 |
[10:18] | Just, I just want you to trust me on this. | 我希望你在这件事上相信我 |
[10:22] | What do you say? | 你说呢 |
[10:24] | I… | 我… |
[10:35] | Yeah, maybe. | 好 也许吧 |
[10:39] | Roger that. | 收到 |
[10:49] | All right. | 好的 |
[10:51] | All right. | 好的 |
[10:54] | I’m glad we talked about this. | 这事聊开了我很开心 |
[10:58] | – Me, too. – Yeah. | -我也是 -是啊 |
[11:00] | Now let’s go upstairs, Señor Spicy. | 我们上楼吧 火辣先生 |
[11:05] | You are a good person. | 你真是好人 |
[11:11] | Leave the chips. | 别拿玉米片上来 |
[11:21] | Hey, Don. | 老唐 |
[11:23] | You are a genius. | 你真是天才 |
[11:25] | I get that a lot. | 经常有人这么夸我 |
[11:27] | So Andi tried to manipulate me with sex to get that tile, | 安迪昨天想色诱我同意用那个瓷砖 |
[11:30] | but I used your trick and she gave up on it, | 但我用了你那招 她就放弃了 |
[11:32] | and then we still went upstairs. | 后来我们还是上了楼 |
[11:34] | It was just like an episode of Sex and the City, | 简直就像一集《欲望都市》 |
[11:37] | but with more laughs. | 但是更欢乐一些 |
[11:39] | I wish I could’ve been there to see it. | 真希望我能见证那个画面 |
[11:41] | Just the first part, not the gross part. | 我是说一开始 不是后面那段恶心的 |
[11:44] | Hey, guys. | 大家好 |
[11:45] | Hey, there’s my pretty lady. | 我家美女来了 |
[11:47] | Hey, um, where do you want the delivery guy | 对了 秘鲁瓷砖已经送到了 |
[11:49] | to put the Peruvian tile? | 让配送员放哪里好 |
[11:50] | What? | 什么 |
[11:52] | I didn’t approve that. I said, “Yeah, maybe.” | 我没同意买啊 我说的是”好 也许吧” |
[11:55] | Right. The “Yeah” meant you approved | 对啊 “好”表示你同意了 |
[11:57] | and the “Maybe” meant, “Only if I thought it was a good idea,” | “也许吧”意思是 如果你也同意就做吧 |
[11:59] | which I did. You know what, I’ll just, | 而我也同意 这样吧 |
[12:01] | I’ll just have him take it around back. | 我让他放到后面去 |
[12:08] | Don’t look at me, you did it wrong. | 别看我 是你做错了 |
[12:10] | I told you to say, “Maybe, yeah.” | 我让你说”也许吧 好” |
[12:12] | No, you said, “Yeah, maybe.” | 不 你说的是”好 也许吧” |
[12:16] | I would never say “Yeah, maybe” | 我绝对不会说”好 也许吧” |
[12:17] | because “Yeah, maybe” means yeah. | 因为”好 也许吧” 意思就是好 |
[12:18] | Everyone knows that. | 谁都知道啊 |
[12:21] | You know why you like biscuits so much? | 你知道你为什么这么喜欢松饼吗 |
[12:23] | ‘Cause that’s what your brain is made of. | 因为你的脑子就是松饼做的 |
[12:29] | Thanks to you, this whole thing just got ten times worse. | 都怪你 现在情况更糟糕了 |
[12:32] | Now I have to tell Andi no when she thinks I told her yes. | 安迪以为我同意了 结果我要再次拒绝 |
[12:35] | She’s really not gonna like my tone on that. | 她绝对不会喜欢我的语气 |
[12:38] | So let her have the tile. | 那就用她的瓷砖吧 |
[12:39] | I can’t do that. | 不行 |
[12:40] | This is our first work disagreement, okay? | 这是我们第一次工作分歧 |
[12:42] | How this plays out sets a precedent | 这次如何处理 |
[12:44] | for our whole working relationship. | 会为以后的工作关系立下先例 |
[12:46] | She needs to respect me as her boss. | 她需要给我对于老板的尊重 |
[12:49] | I don’t see that happening. | 我觉得不可能 |
[12:52] | Look, I know the tile is a little thing, | 我知道瓷砖是个小事 |
[12:55] | but this is what happened at home. | 但家里就是这样的 |
[12:56] | I gave in on little stuff, next thing I know, | 我在小事上妥协了 等我反应过来 |
[12:58] | she’s driving the bus. | 整个航向都由她掌控了 |
[12:59] | This is my bus, I get to drive it! | 工作是我的船 我来掌控航向 |
[13:04] | It’s our bus. We’re Burns Brothers, remember? | 这是我们共同的船 伯恩斯兄弟记得吗 |
[13:07] | We’re partners. | 我们是合伙人 |
[13:08] | That’s right. | 你说得对 |
[13:10] | That’s right, you’re her boss, too, | 太对了 你也是她的老板 |
[13:12] | but she’s not your wife, so you can say no to her | 但她不是你老婆 所以你可以拒绝她 |
[13:15] | and it’s no big deal. What do you say? | 而且无伤大雅 你觉得如何 |
[13:18] | Maybe, yeah. | 也许吧 好 |
[13:21] | All right, well, you think about it. | 好的 那你考虑一下 |
[13:24] | Wait a minute, that does work! | 等等 这招确实好用 |
[13:30] | Andi, we need to talk. | 安迪 我想跟你聊聊 |
[13:33] | Okay, what’s up? | 好的 怎么了 |
[13:34] | I’m gonna stop you right there. | 容我打断你一下 |
[13:36] | Look, Adam’s not your only boss, I’m your boss, too. | 亚当并不是你唯一的老板 我也是你的老板 |
[13:40] | And as such, I’m saying no to that Peruvian tile. | 因此 我要拒绝秘鲁瓷砖的提议 |
[13:43] | So you can box it up and send it all back to Peruvia. | 你可以重新打包 再送回”秘鲁瓷” |
[13:48] | Peru. | 是秘鲁 |
[13:51] | Pretty sure I’m right. | 我肯定说对了 |
[13:53] | Anyway, it’s not happening. The answer’s no. | 无论如何 不可能 我拒绝 |
[13:56] | Done talking, final answer, no. | 我说完了 最后通牒 不行 |
[13:59] | Okay, you’re the boss, but, uh, can I ask you something? | 好吧 你是老板 不过我能问一下吗 |
[14:03] | Did, uh, did Adam put you up to this? | 是不是亚当让你这样做的 |
[14:06] | What? | 什么 |
[14:09] | Adam doesn’t tell me what to do. | 亚当没权利告诉我如何做 |
[14:10] | Yeah. I bet he told you to do this. | 是啊 肯定是他让你这样做的 |
[14:14] | And he didn’t even ask you how you felt about it, did he? | 而且他甚至没问你的真实感受 对不对 |
[14:17] | He did not. | 他没问 |
[14:21] | I mean, would a brother treat a brother that way in Peruvia? | 你觉得在”秘鲁瓷” 兄弟会这样对你吗 |
[14:26] | He would not. | 绝对不会 |
[14:32] | Hey, guys. | 大家好 |
[14:39] | Andi and Don would like me to tell you | 安迪和老唐让我告诉你 |
[14:41] | that they don’t like your tone. | 他们不喜欢你的语气 |
[14:45] | She already turned you? You weak-minded fool. | 你这就被她策反了 你真是个蠢墙头草 |
[14:49] | I didn’t do anything. | 我什么都没做 |
[14:50] | He doesn’t like your tone, either. | 他也不喜欢你的语气 |
[14:52] | Oh, it’s got nothing to do with my tone, okay? | 这跟我的语气一点关系都没有 |
[14:55] | You just don’t like hearing the word no. | 你只是不喜欢被拒绝而已 |
[15:02] | Okay, fine, I don’t like hearing no, | 好吧 我不喜欢被拒绝 |
[15:04] | especially when I’m right. | 尤其我说得对的时候 |
[15:04] | Ha, I knew it! My tone is great. | 我就知道 我的语气没问题 |
[15:08] | In the morning, animals gather around me like I’m Cinderella. | 动物们在早上还会围着我 就像灰姑娘一样 |
[15:10] | Yeah, yeah, yeah. | 好吧 |
[15:12] | You’re wasting your time. He doesn’t listen. | 你在浪费时间 他根本不听 |
[15:14] | I tried to teach you “Yeah, maybe” | 我想教你”好 也许吧” |
[15:15] | to get you out of this jam, but you screwed it up. | 让你摆脱困境 可你还是搞砸了 |
[15:17] | Well, you did it again! You just said, “Yeah, maybe.” | 你又来了 你说的是”好 也许吧” |
[15:19] | No, I said “Maybe, yeah.” | 不 我说的是”也许吧 好” |
[15:22] | This guy. | 这人真是 |
[15:24] | Tell you what, Don and Lowell both work with you, | 这样吧 老唐和洛厄尔都是你的同事 |
[15:26] | so raise your hand if you think Adam | 你们如果觉得亚当有时候 |
[15:29] | doesn’t always listen to your ideas. | 会不采纳你们的建议 请举手 |
[15:36] | I’m not seeing any hands. | 我没看到谁举手 |
[15:39] | All I’m saying is consider the possibility | 我只是希望你考虑一下 |
[15:41] | that you don’t always recognize a good idea. | 有时候你意识不到这是个好主意 |
[15:44] | Like the tricycle painting you didn’t want and now you love. | 比如那幅三轮车壁画 你曾经不想要现在却很爱 |
[15:51] | – I love? – Yeah. | -我很爱吗 -对啊 |
[15:52] | I hate that painting. | 我很讨厌那幅画 |
[15:54] | What? | 什么 |
[15:55] | I knew that. I knew he didn’t like the painting. | 我知道 我早就知道他不喜欢那幅画 |
[15:57] | I’ve been playing both sides on this one. | 在这件事上我玩了一把无间道 |
[16:03] | But I convinced you I was right. | 但我说服了你 我说得对 |
[16:04] | What? You didn’t convince me of anything. | 什么 你根本没说服我 |
[16:06] | You outlasted me. | 你靠的是耐力 |
[16:08] | You’re like the | 争吵起来 |
[16:09] | Everlasting Gobstopper of arguing. | 你就想永远不会化的大块硬糖 |
[16:12] | But it’s poignant. | 但这幅画很珍贵 |
[16:13] | It’s got nothing to do with us. | 跟我们一点关系都没有 |
[16:16] | Whenever someone new comes over the house, | 每次有新客人来家里 |
[16:17] | they look at that painting and they say, | 他们看着这幅画 就会问 |
[16:18] | “Oh, do you collect tricycles? | “你们收藏三轮车吗” |
[16:20] | “Uh, did your grandfather invent the tricycle? | “三轮车是你祖父发明的吗” |
[16:22] | “What’s-what’s, what’s with the weird tricycle?” | “这个诡异的三轮车是什么意思” |
[16:26] | I finally lied and just started saying | 最后我就开始撒谎 |
[16:28] | it’s a tricycle because we have three kids. | 说三轮车是代表我们家三个孩子 |
[16:31] | That is why it’s a tricycle! | 三轮车本来就是这个意思 |
[16:38] | Yeah. I still hate it. | 原来如此 我还是不喜欢 |
[16:40] | I just wish I would’ve stuck to my guns, | 我只是希望我当初能坚持己见 |
[16:42] | like I’m doing with your fancy tile. | 比如你挑的那个华丽瓷砖 |
[16:44] | Yeah, well, I’m sticking to my guns, too. | 好吧 那我也坚持己见 |
[16:45] | Well, then I don’t know what to do. | 好吧 那我不知道该怎么办了 |
[16:49] | Well, I don’t know what to do either. | 好吧 那我也不知道该怎么办了 |
[16:53] | Hey, here’s an idea. | 我有个主意 |
[16:55] | Let’s make a fancy backsplash out of that painting. | 我们可以用那副壁画做个后挡板 |
[16:57] | Kill two birds. | 一石二鸟 |
[16:58] | Oh, yeah? I got two birds for you. | 是吗 我也想送你两只鸟 |
[17:03] | Very nice. You have children! | 算你狠 你可是有孩子的人 |
[17:12] | All right. | 好了 |
[17:14] | I had a lot of time to think in there, | 我刚才在里面想了很久 |
[17:16] | thanks to Lowell’s jambalaya. | 多亏了洛厄尔做的什锦烩饭 |
[17:19] | Here’s the thing. | 是这样的 |
[17:21] | I like working together. | 我很喜欢与你共事 |
[17:22] | You’re a great designer | 你是个很棒的设计师 |
[17:24] | and you look smoking hot in a hard hat. | 而且你戴着安全帽特别性感 |
[17:29] | That’s a good opening line, I’m listening. | 这句开场白不错 继续说 |
[17:32] | Honey, our marriage means everything to me, | 亲爱的 我们的婚姻就是我的全部 |
[17:34] | but in business you need a boss who has final say | 但是在工作中 老板必须有最终发言权 |
[17:37] | or it’s chaos. | 否则会一团糟的 |
[17:40] | I get that. | 我能理解 |
[17:41] | Just like here at home, where you get the final say, | 就像在家里 你拥有最终发言权 |
[17:43] | which makes sense | 这样就很好 |
[17:44] | because you care about the kids way more than I do. | 因为你远比我更在乎孩子们 |
[17:48] | I love them, but their stories are so boring. | 我也爱他们 但他们的故事太无聊了 |
[17:52] | Okay, so what do you suggest? | 好吧 那你的建议是什么 |
[17:53] | I mean, you were in there for a while | 毕竟在里面待了那么久 |
[17:55] | so I know you have a plan. | 肯定想出计划了吧 |
[17:56] | Yeah, okay, all right, here’s my offer. | 对 好的 我的提议是这样 |
[18:00] | You get to pick where you want to drive the bus. | 你可以选一下你希望在哪里做主导 |
[18:04] | Now, you can keep driving it here at home, | 你可以继续主导家里的事情 |
[18:06] | or you can start driving it at work. | 也可以开始主导工作上的事 |
[18:09] | But before you answer, | 但是在你回答之前 |
[18:10] | you should know that, last week, | 我想告诉你一件事 上周 |
[18:12] | when I was supposed to take the kids to the dentist, | 你让我带孩子们去看牙医的时候 |
[18:14] | we got lost and just went to Dairy Queen. | 我们迷路了 后来去冰雪皇后吃了冰淇淋 |
[18:18] | That’s the opposite of the dentist. | 那简直是牙医的反义词 |
[18:22] | Okay, I’m… | 好吧 我… |
[18:23] | I’m gonna stick with home. | 我选择继续主导家里 |
[18:24] | Great, and I will stick with work. | 好 那我继续主导工作 |
[18:27] | And from now on, I will watch my tone | 而且从今往后 我会注意语气 |
[18:30] | when I say things like this: | 比如跟你说这样的事时 |
[18:32] | Darling, love of my life, I already returned the tile. | 宝贝 我一生的挚爱 我已经把瓷砖退了 |
[18:38] | Okay, that’s your call and I respect that. | 好吧 我尊重你的决定 |
[18:41] | Great. So are we good? | 很好 那我们和好了吗 |
[18:44] | Yeah, we’re good. | 和好了 |
[18:47] | So, what do you want to do now? | 你现在想做什么 |
[18:50] | Well… | 其实 |
[18:52] | – I was thinking… – Yeah? | -我在想… -什么 |
[18:54] | …we could watch some Sex and the City. | 我们可以看看《欲望都市》 |
[18:57] | Really? | 真的吗 |
[18:58] | Yeah, Carrie’s got problems. | 真的 凯莉有问题 |
[19:00] | Mr. Big won’t commit! | 大人物不想安定下来 |
[19:07] | – Morning, Lowell. – Morning. | -早上好 洛厄尔 -早 |
[19:09] | I’ve decided to move back to my apartment. | 我决定搬回我原来的公寓 |
[19:12] | Are you sure? You’re-you’re welcome to stay. | 你确定吗 你完全可以住在这里 |
[19:14] | Oh, h-how about this, stay through the week, | 要不这样 你住完这周 |
[19:16] | and then we’ll do a big send-off after Fried Chicken Friday. | 等过了炸鸡周五 我们好好给你践行 |
[19:22] | No, it’s too much. | 不行 我受不了了 |
[19:23] | First you’re fighting, then you’re fooling around, | 你们先是在吵架 过一会又在嬉闹 |
[19:25] | then it sounds like you’re fighting, | 后来听起来像是吵架 |
[19:26] | but I can’t tell the difference. | 但我听不出来 |
[19:29] | You heard us? | 你听到了吗 |
[19:31] | The guest room shares a wall with the master. | 客房跟主卧共用一面墙 |
[19:33] | I might as well be in there with you. | 我简直是身临其境啊 |
[19:38] | Well, that’s new information. | 这可真是新信息 |
[19:40] | We’ve had a lot of people stay in that guest room. | 我们以前让很多人住过客房 |
[19:43] | Maybe that’s why we never got another exchange student. | 怪不得我们再也没能接待更多交换生 |
[19:47] | I have to ask you, who is Señor Spicy? | 我得问一下 火辣先生是谁 |
[19:51] | All right. | 好了 |
[19:53] | He has a lovely singing voice. | 他的歌喉很是优美 |
[19:54] | Yeah, good luck to you. See you later. | 祝你好运 再见 |
[20:02] | Hey, what are you doing? | 你这是在忙什么 |
[20:05] | I’m taking it down. | 我要把画摘下来 |
[20:06] | I don’t want you to be unhappy in your own living room. | 我不希望你在自家客厅里不开心 |
[20:08] | No, you can leave it up there. | 不用了 就挂着吧 |
[20:11] | I’ve kind of gotten used to it, | 我已经习惯了 |
[20:14] | like your extra long middle toe. | 就像你的超长中脚趾 |
[20:17] | Hey, that’s good luck. | 那个代表好运 |
[20:19] | But, I got the painting, thank you. | 不过 画我就留着了 谢谢 |
[20:22] | You’re welcome. | 不客气 |
[20:24] | But if I ever kill something with a big head, it’s going up there. | 但如果我以后杀了什么巨型动物 要把头挂上去 |
[20:29] | Maybe, yeah. | 也许吧 好 |
[20:32] | Okay, it’s settled. | 就这么说定了 |