时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:10] | If we have to listen, you have to listen. | 如果我们必须听 你也得听 |
[00:19] | Well, I just loved it, Emme. | 好喜欢啊 艾米 |
[00:22] | I loved it, too. I don’t think I’ll ever forget it. | 我也喜欢 令我永生难忘啊 |
[00:24] | I can’t wait for my recital. | 等不及在我的表演会上演出了 |
[00:28] | It’s a two-hour concert, Adam. | 那可是两个小时的音乐 亚当 |
[00:30] | What if she’s the best one? | 万一她已经是最好的怎么办 |
[00:33] | Uh, we’ll boo. | 我们就嘘他们 |
[00:35] | Other people’s kids need to know the truth. | 其他人的孩子需要了解真相 |
[00:39] | Katie, by the way, | 凯蒂 对了 |
[00:40] | there’s a new Godzilla movie out. | 新的《哥斯拉》电影上映了 |
[00:42] | What? | 什么 |
[00:44] | I said there’s a new Godzilla movie out. | 我说新的《哥斯拉》电影上映了 |
[00:46] | We’ve been to every one. You want to go this weekend? | 之前的我们都是一起去看的 这部要一起去吗 |
[00:48] | Thanks, but I’m okay. | 谢了 我这样很好 |
[00:52] | Well, I know you’re okay, | 我知道你很好 |
[00:53] | I was just wondering if you want to see a movie. | 我就是问你想不想去看电影 |
[00:55] | What? | 什么 |
[00:58] | Never mind. | 没事了 |
[01:03] | “I’m okay”? What the heck is “I’m okay”? | 我这样很好 这是什么鬼 |
[01:05] | “I’m okay” Is a nice way of saying, | 我这样很好 是委婉地说 |
[01:07] | “I’d rather do nothing alone than something with you.” | 我宁愿自己啥也不干 也不想跟你待在一起 |
[01:12] | She used to love doing stuff with me. | 她以前很愿意和我一起玩的 |
[01:14] | Well, I’ll see the movie with you. | 我跟你一起去看电影 |
[01:17] | Eh, thanks, but I’m okay. | 谢了 我这样很好 |
[01:20] | Honey, don’t take it personally, all right? | 亲爱的 别多想 |
[01:22] | Maybe she doesn’t like Godzilla movies anymore. | 可能只是她不再喜欢看《哥斯拉》了 |
[01:25] | Andi, everybody likes Godzilla. | 安迪 人人都爱《哥斯拉》 |
[01:29] | Not me. I-I don’t get it. | 我不爱 我看不懂 |
[01:31] | I-Is he a dinosaur, a-a dragon? | 它是恐龙还是龙 |
[01:34] | Maybe he destroys cities ’cause he doesn’t know what he is. | 也许它是因为搞不懂自己是什么 才去摧毁城市的 |
[01:37] | He was created by an atomic explosion. | 它是因原子爆炸而出现的 |
[01:40] | See, the radiation– Y-You know what? | 由于有辐射 行了 |
[01:42] | I’m not explaining it to you again. | 我不要再给你解释一遍了 |
[01:46] | Look, honey, Kate’s getting older. | 凯特越来越大了 |
[01:48] | Okay? You’re the parent. | 你是家长 |
[01:50] | It’s your job to figure out how to connect with her. | 想办法跟她好好交流是你的责任 |
[01:53] | Yeah, I just need to find something we have in common. | 对 我只需要找出我们的共同点 |
[01:56] | Used to be Godzilla, now I have no idea. | 以前是哥斯拉 现在我不知道了 |
[02:00] | Planet of the Apes, maybe? Eh… | 也许是《人猿星球》 |
[02:04] | Hey, Dad, can you drop me at the mall after school tomorrow? | 爸爸 明天放学以后可以开车送我去商场吗 |
[02:12] | N-No problem. | 没问题 |
[02:13] | I am always here for you. | 始终愿意为你效劳 |
[02:15] | Hey, how about a hug? | 拥抱一下怎么样 |
[02:21] | That was no hug. | 才不叫拥抱呢 |
[02:23] | It’s like she bumped into me by accident. | 那分明是不小心撞到我 |
[02:27] | Yeah, the good hug days are over. | 没错 好好拥抱的日子已经结束了 |
[02:29] | If it makes you feel any better, | 这么说也许你会感觉好一点 |
[02:30] | I don’t get them anymore, either. | 现在我也得不到拥抱了 |
[02:32] | You know what? It does not make me feel any better. | 你猜怎么样 并没有让我感觉好一点 |
[02:37] | You’re not gonna believe this. I won the lottery. | 你们肯定不会相信的 我中彩票了 |
[02:39] | Oh, my God. How much? | 天 中了多少 |
[02:42] | The barbecue ribs lottery. | 烧烤肋排彩票 |
[02:44] | Oh, my God. How much? | 天 中了多少 |
[02:46] | What is a ribs lottery? | 什么是肋排彩票 |
[02:48] | I-It’s for Frank’s Underground Barbecue. | 是弗兰克·下地烧烤 |
[02:50] | He’s a backyard chef who randomly texts people | 他是一位后院大厨 当新肋排到货时 |
[02:53] | from his list when a new batch of ribs is ready– | 会随机发信息给名单上的人 |
[02:55] | if you’re not gonna know about Godzilla, | 如果你不了解哥斯拉 |
[02:57] | at least know about Frank. | 至少知道弗兰克吧 |
[03:01] | This is the perfect way to connect with Katie. | 这是和凯蒂交流的最佳方式 |
[03:02] | She loves ribs. | 她爱吃肋排 |
[03:04] | Yeah, you know, when she was little, | 她小时候 |
[03:05] | I used to take her for barbecue on my motorcycle. | 我经常骑摩托带她去吃烧烤 |
[03:08] | You put my baby on the back of your motorcycle? | 你居然把我的宝贝孩子放到摩托车后座 |
[03:10] | Come pick them up with me. | 骑着摩托来接我和肋排 |
[03:11] | We can put the ribs in Emme’s old car seat. | 我们可以把肋排放到以前艾米坐的位置 |
[03:13] | Safety first. | 安全第一 |
[03:19] | Check out those ribs, Andi. | 看看这些肋排 安迪 |
[03:22] | You know, you look at cows, and they’re kind of ugly, | 看牛的时候 觉得他们好丑 |
[03:24] | but when you chop them up into little pieces, | 但是把它们剁成小块 |
[03:25] | they’re beautiful. | 却这么美丽 |
[03:28] | You know, we almost didn’t find Frank’s Barbecue. | 我们差点找不到弗兰克的烧烤店了 |
[03:29] | We had to follow the smoke in the sky, | 最后是跟着天空中的烟找到的 |
[03:31] | like when they choose a new pope. | 简直像在选新教皇 |
[03:33] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[03:35] | Katie, look, I got all your favorites. | 凯蒂 看 我买来了你最爱吃的 |
[03:37] | Ribs, mac and cheese, pork and beans. | 肋排 芝士通心粉 猪肉和豆子 |
[03:41] | Actually, I’m a vegan now. | 其实我现在吃素了 |
[03:45] | What? | 什么 |
[03:47] | I’m a vegan. I don’t eat meat anymore. | 我吃素了 在也不吃肉了 |
[03:49] | Why? | 为什么 |
[03:52] | Wait, we can do that? | 等等 我们可以吗 |
[03:53] | You always say we have to eat whatever Mom makes, | 你总说妈妈做什么 我们就吃什么 |
[03:55] | even if it’s gross. | 恶心也要吃 |
[03:57] | Like her Andi Patties. | 比如她的安迪肉饼 |
[04:01] | Why won’t you tell us what’s in them? | 为什么不告诉我们 是什么馅的 |
[04:02] | Because I want you to eat them. | 因为我希望你们吃下去 |
[04:05] | So you’re a vegan now, huh? | 你现在吃素了 |
[04:07] | Good for you. I call Kate’s ribs. | 好样的 凯蒂的肋排归我了 |
[04:09] | Oh, no, no, no. | 不行 |
[04:11] | Look, honey, we don’t allow vegans in this house. | 亲爱的 我们家里不许吃素 |
[04:15] | Okay? When you’re older, and you build a house | 等你长大了 自己建所房子 |
[04:17] | with your bare hands, you can let vegans in it. | 你可以在自己家里吃素 |
[04:20] | You didn’t build this house. | 这栋房子不是你建的 |
[04:22] | I installed the icemaker. | 制冰机是我装的 |
[04:26] | Adam, | 亚当 |
[04:27] | what I’m hearing is that Kate has a new interest, | 我听说凯蒂有个新兴趣 |
[04:30] | which you might be interested in connecting to. | 我觉得你也会感兴趣 能聊到一起去 |
[04:33] | I can’t connect to that. | 我聊不到一起去 |
[04:35] | She eats plants. | 她吃植物 |
[04:37] | I eat food you have to hunt. | 我吃的是打猎得回来的食物 |
[04:40] | It’s a cow, Adam. | 这是牛 亚当 |
[04:43] | I didn’t say it was hard. | 我又没说得到很难 |
[04:57] | So is vegan like vegetarian? | 所以是像素食主义者那种吃素吗 |
[04:59] | Uh, what things can’t you eat? | 你不能吃什么呢 |
[05:01] | Well, there’s meat, fish, cheese, milk, butter. | 肉 鱼 奶酪 牛奶 黄油 |
[05:05] | But those are all the things. | 这就是全部食物 |
[05:08] | They showed us a documentary about it at school, | 学校里放了纪录片 |
[05:10] | and if you guys could’ve seen the faces on those animals, | 要是你看过那些小动物的脸 |
[05:13] | you’d agree with me. | 肯定会赞同我的 |
[05:14] | This is a terrible idea. Think of your mother. | 这是个糟糕的主意 想想你的妈妈 |
[05:17] | She’s gonna have to cook two different dinners every night. | 她要每天做两种不同饭菜 |
[05:20] | Well, you could cook one. | 你也可以做一份 |
[05:23] | I am on your side, here. | 我们俩是一头的 亲爱的 |
[05:26] | Don, help me out? | 大唐 帮我 |
[05:27] | No can do. The ribs are kicking in. | 没空 肋排太香了 |
[05:29] | Time to take a meat nap. | 该去大快朵颐了 |
[05:33] | Mom, Emme and I decided to only eat cake now. | 妈 我和艾米决定从现在开始只吃蛋糕 |
[05:36] | If Kate gets to go vegan, than we get to go caken. | 如果凯特吃素 我们就吃蛋糕 |
[05:41] | Well, my Andi Patties could be made of cake. You don’t know. | 我的安迪肉饼 也许就是蛋糕做的 你又不知道 |
[05:43] | I think they’re made of ear wax. | 我觉得是耳屎做的 |
[05:46] | Okay, go upstairs, please. | 行了 上楼去 |
[05:50] | You see? | 你看 |
[05:51] | Your vegan kick has started a house-wide rebellion. | 就因为你吃素 家里都乱套了 |
[05:54] | If you’d just watch the documentary with me, | 要是你跟我一起看了纪录片 |
[05:56] | you’d get it. | 你就会懂的 |
[05:57] | Look, I brought home a copy. | 我带回家一份拷贝 |
[06:01] | “Apocalypse Cow”? | 牛的世界末日 |
[06:06] | Thanks, but I’m okay. | 谢了 我这样很好 |
[06:08] | This is your chance to connect with her. | 这是你和她交流的机会 |
[06:10] | Yeah, well, I don’t agree with her, | 我不赞同她 |
[06:12] | I am top of the food chain. | 我是食物链的顶端 |
[06:14] | When a cow installs an icemaker, I will stop eating it. | 如果牛能安装制冰机 我就不吃牛肉了 |
[06:18] | You don’t have to really be interested, you just fake it. | 你不用真的感兴趣 装一下 |
[06:21] | Like, like, I do when Teddy tells me about his video games. | 就像泰迪给我讲他玩的游戏 |
[06:25] | “Mom, I zapped a space trooper.” | 妈 我摧毁了太空骑兵 |
[06:27] | “That’s great honey.” Hug. | 太棒了 宝贝 抱抱 |
[06:31] | You think if I watch that movie with Katie, she’ll hug me? | 你觉得如果我陪凯蒂看电影 她会抱我吗 |
[06:33] | She might go full koala. | 考拉抱的那种 |
[06:38] | All right, I’ll try it. | 好吧 我去试试 |
[06:42] | Remember when the kids were all over us all the time? | 还记得孩子们缠着我们不放的时候吗 |
[06:46] | – Maybe we should have another baby. – Really? | -也许我们该再要个孩子 -真的吗 |
[06:51] | No, no, I’ll try this. | 不 我试试这个 |
[06:55] | Before we start, I just want you to know | 开始之前 我希望你知道 |
[06:56] | it means a lot that you’ll watch this with me. | 你陪我看 对我来说意义重大 |
[06:59] | Hey, I like spending time with you. | 我喜欢和你一起待着 |
[07:01] | But this movie is not gonna change how I feel. | 但这部电影不会改变我的感受 |
[07:04] | I know how the sausage is made, and it’s delicious. | 我知道香肠是怎么的做的 很美味 |
[07:10] | I did not know how the sausage was made. | 我真的不知道香肠是怎么做的 |
[07:14] | And why’d they name the chickens after famous people? | 他们为什么用名人的名字给鸡取名 |
[07:16] | That just made us sadder when they got eaten. | 让它们被吃的时候 我们更伤心 |
[07:19] | Poor Anne Hatch-away. | 可怜的安妮·孵蛋薇 |
[07:22] | And what about her husband, Eggy Van Halen? | 她丈夫呢 蛋蛋·范海伦 |
[07:25] | He’s heartbroken, she was the one. | 他彻底心碎了 那可是他的真命天女啊 |
[07:30] | I can’t believe I’m saying this, but I’m done with meat. | 不敢相信我会说出这句话 我以后再也不吃肉了 |
[07:33] | – What? – I mean it, Katie. | -什么 -我认真的 凯蒂 |
[07:35] | I’m going vegan with you. | 我要和你一起吃素 |
[07:37] | Really? | 真的吗 |
[07:38] | I love you, Dad. | 我爱你 爸爸 |
[07:40] | I love you, honey. | 我爱你 亲爱的 |
[07:42] | Oh, oh, are we done? Okay. | 这就完了吗 |
[07:44] | Hey, I’ll get Mom to do it, too. | 我会让你妈妈也吃素的 |
[07:47] | You’re the best. | 你是最棒的 |
[07:55] | Brace yourself. I’ve got big news. | 坐稳了 我有大消息 |
[07:58] | Katie hugged me. | 凯蒂抱了我 |
[08:00] | Aww, that’s great. | 太棒了 |
[08:02] | And all you had to do was fake some interest. | 你只需要假装有兴趣就可以了 |
[08:05] | Parenting’s easy. | 当父母很容易 |
[08:06] | That’s the other thing. I’m not faking. | 还有一件事 我不是假装的 |
[08:09] | I am going vegan. | 我是真的要吃素了 |
[08:11] | Yeah, right. | 你就当我信了吧 |
[08:13] | I am. | 是真的 |
[08:14] | – Oh, also, I told her you’d do it too. -What? | -而且我告诉她你也会吃素 -什么 |
[08:17] | It bought me another hug, I’m not sorry. | 这换来了另外一个拥抱 我不后悔 |
[08:18] | What– s-so now if I don’t do it, I look like a jerk. | 所以现在如果我不吃素 就会看起来像一个混蛋 |
[08:22] | All you had to do was fake it. | 你只需要假装就可以了 |
[08:23] | I couldn’t. The movie was too powerful. | 我做不到 这部电影实在是太有感染力了 |
[08:26] | There was this cow, his name was Paul MooCartney– | 有一头牛 名字叫做保罗·哞卡尼 |
[08:29] | and… and do you know what veal is? | 你知道小牛肉是什么吗 |
[08:32] | How can we be Parmesan-ing those little guys? | 我们怎么可以往他们身上撒帕马森奶酪 |
[08:36] | So Kate really hugged you? | 所以凯特真的抱了你吗 |
[08:37] | Yeah, like this. | 真的 像这样 |
[08:41] | Yeah. | 好棒 |
[08:44] | Last time I got a hug like that, I had to buy her a phone. | 我上次得到这种拥抱 还是给她买了部手机 |
[08:47] | But even then she hugged the phone tighter. | 但我觉得她抱手机比抱我紧 |
[08:50] | Okay, I’ll do it. | 好吧 我可以 |
[08:52] | Oh, this is gonna be so great. | 这可太棒了 |
[08:53] | We’ll be healthier, happier and huggier. | 我们会更加健康 更加快乐 有更多拥抱 |
[08:56] | Okay, but-but, hey, I just, I need to know | 好的 但是 我需要知道 |
[08:58] | that you’re really committed. Well… | 你是认真的 |
[08:59] | Don’t you remember when you promised | 你还记得你答应过我 |
[09:01] | to do couples yoga with me? | 陪我去上夫妻瑜伽课吗 |
[09:02] | You didn’t even make it through one class. | 你连一堂课都没有坚持住 |
[09:04] | That lady touched my rear end. | 那个女人摸我的屁股 |
[09:07] | She was the instructor, and she was adjusting your pose. | 她是教练 在指导你的动作 |
[09:10] | She made it halfway to third base, Andi. | 她都快偷上三垒了 |
[09:13] | But this isn’t like that. | 但这不一样 |
[09:15] | I promise, I am fully committed. | 我保证 我是完全认真的 |
[09:18] | Okay. | 好的 |
[09:18] | Okay. Wait. | 等等 |
[09:20] | You do know that going vegan means no more McNuggets, right? | 你只吃素意味着再也不能吃炸鸡块了吧 |
[09:26] | I hadn’t thought of that. | 我还没想到这点 |
[09:29] | I can do it. | 我可以的 |
[09:32] | So here’s what we’ve prepared for your first vegan experience. | 这是我们为大家准备的第一餐素食体验 |
[09:36] | Yeah. These nuggets are made of tofu, | 这些鸡块是用豆腐做的 |
[09:38] | so they’re chick-none nuggets. | 是无鸡鸡块 |
[09:41] | Okay? They taste just like chicken, but wet. | 吃起来就像鸡肉一样 但是更湿润 |
[09:44] | Eat it like an oyster. | 把它当成牡蛎吃 |
[09:47] | And this is macaroni and cashew cheese. | 这是腰果奶酪通心粉 |
[09:49] | Yeah, all the fun of cashews, but in a paste. | 很好吃的腰果 放在面团里 |
[09:53] | So you’re trying to feed me nut cheese? | 你要给我吃坚果奶酪吗 |
[09:57] | Look, I know it’s a big adjustment, | 我知道这是很大的改变 |
[09:59] | but there is an upside. | 但这也有好处 |
[10:01] | We get to act superior by telling everybody we’re vegan. | 我们可以站在道德制高点上跟别人说我们是吃素的 |
[10:04] | And we’re saving animals’ lives. | 而且我们在拯救动物的生命 |
[10:06] | Yeah, that, too. | 对 还有这一点 |
[10:08] | Yeah, and we had a vegan breakfast. | 我们刚刚吃了素食早餐 |
[10:10] | Bathroom-wise, it’s much more efficient. | 非常通便 效率很高 |
[10:13] | Okay, first bite starts the clock, | 第一口下去就有效果了 |
[10:15] | so I don’t recommend eating in the car. | 我不推荐在车上吃 |
[10:17] | Bon appétit, everyone. | 祝各位好胃口 |
[10:23] | Don! | 大唐 |
[10:24] | It was a primitive instinct. | 这是我的本能反应 |
[10:26] | I ate poison and my body rejected it. | 我吃到了毒药 身体在排斥 |
[10:30] | All right, well, that-that-that’s okay. | 好吧 没关系 |
[10:31] | It takes a little getting used to, | 需要适应一下的 |
[10:32] | but it’s for the animals. Right, Katie? | 但为了动物好 对吗 凯蒂 |
[10:35] | That’s right, Dad. | 没错 爸爸 |
[10:36] | This is even worse than Andi Patties. | 简直比安迪肉饼还难吃 |
[10:40] | Yeah, it tastes like an Andi Patty’s butt. | 吃起来就像安迪肉饼的屁股 |
[10:45] | Enough of this beatnik nonsense. | 别再说这些垮掉的一代的言论了 |
[10:47] | Don, get those ribs out of the fridge. | 大唐 把肋排从冰箱里拿出来 |
[10:49] | Dad, we don’t eat that anymore. | 我们不再吃那种东西了 |
[10:52] | I didn’t spend the Christmas of ’66 dodging bullets | 我66年的圣诞节在稻田里拼命躲子弹 |
[10:55] | in a rice paddy to eat snot nuggets. | 不是为了吃这些破鸡块 |
[10:59] | You have to decide right now, | 你必须现在就做决定 |
[11:01] | are you a vegan or an American? | 是要吃素还是当一个美国人 |
[11:04] | You’re missing the point. | 你把重点搞错了 |
[11:06] | Those ribs came from an innocent cow. | 这些肋排是来自那些无辜的牛身上 |
[11:09] | Cows are designed to be eaten. | 牛注定就是要被吃的 |
[11:10] | They’re made of steak and cheese. | 它们是由牛排和奶酪组成的 |
[11:13] | You know what? You two are a bad influence, | 你们俩个真是极坏的影响 |
[11:16] | so these ribs are going where they belong, | 这些肋排要去它们该去的地方了 |
[11:19] | – in the trash. – I’m proud of you, honey. | -垃圾桶 -我为你骄傲 亲爱的 |
[11:21] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[11:23] | Now, who wants a soy-glazed mushroom cutlet? | 但是要吃大豆酱的蘑菇小羊排 |
[11:27] | Donny, you know what to do. | 唐尼你知道该怎么做 |
[11:28] | I’m one step ahead of you, Pop. | 我先你一步了 爸爸 |
[11:34] | You think the trash is gonna scare me? | 你认为垃圾桶就能吓到我吗 |
[11:37] | In the service, they called me The Raccoon. | 服役的时候 他们叫我浣熊 |
[11:48] | Okay, okay, sweetie. So beautiful. | 好了 亲爱的 太优美了 |
[11:53] | why don’t you go get dressed for your recital? | 你现在去为演奏会换衣服吧 |
[11:55] | I’m not going too fancy. | 我不想穿得太华丽 |
[11:57] | I’ll let my music speak for itself. | 我的音乐就可以说明一切 |
[12:00] | Never lose that confidence, sweetie. | 永远不要失去这种自信 亲爱的 |
[12:06] | What? | 什么 |
[12:08] | Oh, who leaves a half-eaten Slim Jim in their backpack? | 谁把吃了半口的牛肉干落在背包里了 |
[12:10] | It’s all covered with lint | 上面全是线头 |
[12:12] | and hair and… deliciousness. | 还有头发 看起来很美味 |
[12:18] | Andi! | 安迪 |
[12:19] | Put down that Slim Jim. | 把那根牛肉干放下 |
[12:21] | Too late. | 太晚了 |
[12:24] | It wasn’t too late. | 刚刚并没有太晚了 |
[12:26] | You saw me and then you ate it. | 你看到了我然后吃下去的 |
[12:28] | And now it’s too late. | 现在太晚了 |
[12:31] | Just don’t tell Kate, okay? | 别告诉凯特 好吗 |
[12:34] | This vegan thing is working for me, too. | 我也不适合吃素 |
[12:36] | This morning, she took out an earbud | 今天早上她把耳机拿下来 |
[12:38] | and voluntarily spoke to me. She… she said, | 自愿跟我讲话了 她说 |
[12:42] | “Can I have ten dollars?” | 可以给我十元钱吗 |
[12:46] | I’m not gonna tell Katie | 我不会告诉凯蒂的 |
[12:48] | because I enjoy having the moral high ground. | 因为我享受站在道德制高点上 |
[12:50] | The view’s nice, I’ve never been up here before. | 这边风景独好 是我从来没见过的 |
[12:53] | Hey, Mom, thank you so much | 妈妈 非常感谢你 |
[12:56] | for buying me those strawberry snack bars. | 给我买了那些草莓零食棒 |
[12:58] | Oh, honey, you’re welcome. | 亲爱的 不用谢 |
[12:59] | No, seriously, it means a lot that you support my choices. | 不 我是认真的 你对我的支持很重要 |
[13:07] | Your mom ate a Slim Jim. | 你妈妈刚刚吃了牛肉干 |
[13:11] | – What? – Yeah. | -什么 -没错 |
[13:13] | She barely chewed it, she was like a seal with a fish. | 她嚼都没嚼 像海豹吞鱼一样吞下去了 |
[13:17] | Oh, Mom. | 妈妈 |
[13:19] | Your mother’s betrayal must be very hard for you. | 你妈妈的背叛让你一定感到很难过 |
[13:21] | Come on, let’s hug it out. | 来吧 抱抱就好了 |
[13:23] | Well, I’m not that upset. | 我没有那么生气 |
[13:24] | No, no, it’s for your own good. | 不 这是为了你好 |
[13:36] | Okay, Don’s all set up in the back | 好了 大唐在后面准备好了 |
[13:39] | to record Emme’s recital. | 录制艾米的演出 |
[13:40] | He’s so tall, no one can block him. | 他那么高 没有人能挡住他 |
[13:42] | He’s like a giraffe with a camera. | 他就像长颈鹿举着摄影机 |
[13:46] | Don’t act like everything’s fine. | 别一副天下太平的样子 |
[13:49] | You sold me out to Kate. | 你把我出卖给了凯蒂 |
[13:51] | I had to. | 我是迫不得已的 |
[13:53] | There’s only a limited amount of hugs until she goes to college. | 在她去上大学之前拥抱的数量是有限的 |
[13:56] | I’m getting as many as I can. | 我只能抓住一切机会 |
[13:58] | What about me? | 那我呢 |
[13:59] | You’re fine, the breastfeeding years | 你没关系 在母乳喂养的那些年里嗯 |
[14:01] | were like one long hug for you. | 你得到的拥抱已经够多了 |
[14:04] | It’s my time. | 现在轮到我了 |
[14:09] | Yes, we’re arguing, | 没错 我们在吵架 |
[14:10] | but life is complicated for us because we’re vegan. | 但是生活很复杂 因为我们吃素 |
[14:14] | Yeah, that’s right, full-blown vegan. | 对 没错 彻底吃素 |
[14:18] | Well, some of us are. She cheated on me. | 我们某些人是 她背叛了我 |
[14:22] | With jerky. | 吃了牛肉干 |
[14:23] | And I am back on the wagon. | 我已经回到正路上 |
[14:25] | Yeah, I made a chicken for Teddy and Emme today, | 今天我给泰迪和艾米做了鸡肉 |
[14:27] | I wasn’t even tempted. | 我一点都没有吃 |
[14:30] | I saved the gizzards for Andi Patties. | 我把鸡胗留着做安迪肉饼 |
[14:33] | Next up, Emme Burns. | 下一位 艾米·伯恩斯 |
[14:36] | Oh, there she is. That’s our daughter. | 她来了 这是我们的女儿 |
[14:45] | She’s not a vegan. | 她不吃素 |
[14:50] | This is a great gig. | 这是一桩好生意 |
[14:50] | I just made 40 bucks charging short moms | 我帮那些矮个子妈妈录她们的孩子演出 |
[14:52] | to videotape their kids. | 已经挣了40元了 |
[14:55] | Don, this is my kid’s school. | 大唐 这是我孩子的学校 |
[14:58] | I should get half. | 应该分我一半 |
[15:02] | Look at this. | 看看这个 |
[15:03] | I finally get picked for Frank’s barbecue and I can’t have it. | 我终于被弗兰克的烧烤选中了 我却不能吃 |
[15:07] | It’s like when my high school teacher | 就像我的高中老师 |
[15:08] | hit on me after I was married. | 在我结婚之后勾搭我 |
[15:10] | Ah, Miss Popovich. She made algebra sexy. | 泡泡老师 让代数都变得性感了 |
[15:13] | I wore a tank top for four years, nothing. | 我穿了四年的背心 没效果 |
[15:16] | Married six months, here she comes. | 结婚六个月 她来了 |
[15:19] | I’ll just text and say I don’t want the ribs. | 我发信息说我不去吃肋排了 |
[15:21] | Whoa, don’t do that. I’ll take them. | 别这样 我去吃 |
[15:23] | Well, if you want them, go get them yourself. | 如果你想吃 自己去取 |
[15:24] | I can’t, they check your ID. | 我取不了 他们会查身份证 |
[15:26] | Ugh. Come on, you owe me. | 拜托 你欠我的 |
[15:27] | You threw my ribs in the garbage. I didn’t get any. | 是你把我的肋排扔进垃圾桶了 我没吃到 |
[15:29] | Raccoons don’t share. | 那只浣熊吃独食 |
[15:34] | Okay, fine, I’ll go, | 好吧 我去 |
[15:35] | but Andi can never know. | 但是不能让安迪知道 |
[15:37] | I snitched on her for sneaking jerky | 我把她偷吃牛肉干的事告密了 |
[15:38] | and she’s looking for revenge. | 她正想办法报复呢 |
[15:40] | You guys have a weird marriage. | 你们真是一对奇怪的夫妇 |
[15:43] | – Will you please? – Okay, I’ll cover for you. | -拜托了 -好吧 我掩护你 |
[15:45] | Okay, just, uh, oh, tell Andi I went home to use the bathroom. | 你就告诉安迪我回家上厕所了 |
[15:49] | I’m a vegan, she’ll believe it. | 我吃素 她会相信的 |
[15:55] | Okay, Emme went to a sleepover. Where’s Adam? | 艾米去朋友家住了 亚当呢 |
[15:58] | Oh, he was having vegan problems, | 他碰到了吃素的麻烦 |
[16:00] | so he went home to use the bathroom. | 回家上厕所了 |
[16:01] | Why wouldn’t he use the bathroom here? | 他为什么不去这里的厕所 |
[16:04] | Well, because he wanted to stop on the way | 因为他想半路去 |
[16:08] | and get Emme flowers | 给艾米买束花 |
[16:10] | because the recital was so good. | 因为这场演奏会太精彩了 |
[16:12] | Okay, now I know you’re lying. | 现在我知道你是撒谎了 |
[16:15] | Where is he? | 他在哪里 |
[16:17] | Fine, he’s sleeping with his high school teacher. | 好吧 他去和高中老师睡觉了 |
[16:20] | Don. | 大唐 |
[16:22] | Okay, okay, he won the barbecue lottery. | 好吧 他中了烧烤彩票 |
[16:25] | He went to pick up the ribs. | 去买肋排了 |
[16:26] | Oh, you have got to be kidding me. | 你一定是在开玩笑吧 |
[16:28] | Mister Holier-Than-Thou is getting ribs | 圣人先生居然去买肋排 |
[16:31] | while-while I’m an outcast | 而我就因为吃了一根 落在背包里 |
[16:32] | for eating a hairy, backpack Slim Jim? | 全是毛的牛肉干 被驱逐了 |
[16:36] | He’s not getting them for himself, he’s giving them to me. | 他不是买给自己吃的 是给我买的 |
[16:39] | Come on, Don, we both know better. | 得了吧 大唐 我们都很了解 |
[16:40] | He can’t resist barbecue. | 他抵御不了烧烤的诱惑 |
[16:42] | His first time alone in the car with those ribs | 他第一次和那些肋排单独在车里 |
[16:44] | will be like his first time alone in a car with me. | 就像第一次和我单独在车里一样 |
[16:47] | Lots of grabbing, heavy breathing, | 会喘着粗气 动手动脚 |
[16:48] | and windows steaming up. | 车窗里会升起雾气 |
[16:51] | – He’s not doing that to my ribs. – Let’s go. | -他不能这样对我的肋排 -我们走 |
[16:58] | Smell good all you want, I’m taking you to Don’s. | 你尽情散发你的美味吧 我要把你送给大唐 |
[17:02] | I’m doing this for Katie and Anne Hatch-away, | 我是为了凯蒂和安妮·孵蛋薇 |
[17:06] | and Veal Patrick Harris. | 还有牛牛·帕特里克·哈里斯 |
[17:11] | Aw, who am I kidding? I can’t control myself. | 我这是在骗谁 我控制不了自己 |
[17:15] | This is just like my first time alone in the car with Andi. | 这就像我第一次单独和安迪在车里 |
[17:18] | I’m sorry, Katie. | 对不起 凯蒂 |
[17:21] | I saw his truck. He’s here with those ribs. | 我看到他的车了 他一定和肋排在这里 |
[17:25] | I smell it. The meat is near. | 我闻到了 肉就在附近 |
[17:34] | Good boy, Don, good boy. | 干得好 大唐 真乖 |
[17:47] | Classic meat nap. | 经典的肉食小睡 |
[17:49] | Look how happy he is. | 看他多幸福 |
[17:51] | I’m going to get the hose. | 我去把水管拿来 |
[17:53] | Wait, Andi, let’s remember what’s important here. | 等等 安迪 我们别忘了最重要的是什么 |
[17:58] | Okay, let him have it. | 好吧 这根给他了 |
[18:01] | Okay, I’m sorry I ate the ribs. | 好吧 对不起我吃了肋排 |
[18:04] | Lay it on me, I deserve it. | 批评我吧 是我活该 |
[18:07] | No, you know what? This makes sense | 不 你知道吗 这就说得通了 |
[18:10] | ’cause for a couple hours today I was thinking | 因为在今天的几个小时之前 |
[18:11] | you were better than me, and then I was like, | 我以为你比我强 我就想 |
[18:13] | “Well, that can’t be right.” And look, it’s not. | 这样不对劲 看看 对劲了 |
[18:17] | The thing is, I can’t be a vegan. | 重点是 我当不了素食主义者 |
[18:19] | It’s like asking Godzilla not to stomp on Tokyo. | 这就像让哥斯拉别去祸害东京一样 |
[18:24] | He has to do it, it’s who he is. | 他必须去做 这就是他 |
[18:28] | You gonna tell Kate? | 你会告诉凯特吗 |
[18:30] | Well, yeah, I can’t let her hug a lie. | 我会 不能让她拥抱谎言 |
[18:33] | She deserves the truth. I’ll-I’ll go tell her now. | 应该告诉她真相 我现在就去告诉她 |
[18:36] | Hey, maybe bring her | 或许你可以给她 |
[18:38] | one of those strawberry snack bars to soften her up. | 拿一些草莓零食棒 贿赂她一下 |
[18:40] | Got me a hug. | 我换来了一个拥抱 |
[18:47] | – Katie? – I’m sorry. | -凯蒂 -对不起 |
[18:49] | I saw chicken in the fridge and I couldn’t resist. | 我看到冰箱里有鸡肉 实在忍受不了了 |
[18:51] | I love meat too much. | 我太爱吃肉了 |
[18:53] | So do I! | 我也是 |
[18:55] | I just ate a half a cow. | 我刚刚吃了半头牛 |
[18:58] | Really? That makes me feel so much better. | 真的吗 这让我感觉好多了 |
[19:02] | Oh, and this hug is even nicer | 这个拥抱更美好了 |
[19:05] | because we both smell like meat. | 因为我们身上都一股肉味 |
[19:10] | Nah! | 起开 |
[19:21] | Ah, that was some good chicken. | 鸡肉真是太好吃了 |
[19:24] | Anne Hatch-away and her finger-licking friends | 安妮·孵蛋薇和她令人吮指的好朋友们 |
[19:27] | went out in a blaze of glory. | 牺牲得光明伟大 |
[19:30] | And we put out that blaze with honey mustard. | 我们用蜂蜜芥末酱 把那束光明盖住了 |
[19:33] | Yeah. | 对 |
[19:35] | I do feel kind of bad for giving up though. | 不过我觉得放弃有些遗憾 |
[19:39] | Hey, how about this? | 那这样如何 |
[19:42] | We will keeping eating meat. | 我们继续吃肉 |
[19:44] | but we’ll donate to the animal rights people. | 但是给保护动物权益的人捐款 |
[19:47] | Really? | 真的吗 |
[19:47] | Yeah. We’ll do whatever we want | 真的 我们做自己想做的事 |
[19:50] | But we give a little money to the people who do the right thing. | 但是捐钱给做正确的事情的人 |
[19:55] | And that is I get around that. | 这就是我应对的办法 |