时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:02] | I’m telling you, Teddy, | 跟你说 泰迪 |
[00:03] | you looked great at baseball today. | 你今天在棒球场上帅呆了 |
[00:05] | All we need to work on is hitting. | 我们只需要再练练击球 |
[00:07] | And throwing and catching. | 还有投球和接球 |
[00:09] | Everything else you got locked down. | 其他的 你做得都很好 |
[00:12] | Thanks. | 谢了 |
[00:13] | Hey, when we get home, | 等我们到家了 |
[00:14] | can I finally drive your truck up the driveway? | 可以让我把车停进家里了吗 |
[00:16] | I wish you could, but you remember our deal. | 我也希望你停 但我们都约好了 |
[00:18] | You have to be taller than that mark | 必须等你长到比我在你卧室里 |
[00:19] | I put on your bedroom door. | 画的那根线高以后才行 |
[00:20] | But I keep growing, and I never get any closer. | 但我一直在长个 但离那根线总那么远 |
[00:23] | It’s weird. It’s like the mark is getting higher. | 太奇怪了 仿佛那根线也在长个 |
[00:26] | That is weird. | 真是奇怪 |
[00:29] | Hey, hey, no feet on the dashboard. | 不许把脚放到仪表盘上 |
[00:32] | You want to drive Grey Thunder someday, | 如果你以后想开灰闪电 |
[00:34] | show some respect. | 就得尊重些 |
[00:36] | 对不起 会闪电 | |
[00:39] | I’m just looking out for you. | 我这是替你着想 |
[00:40] | It’s like I always say, | 就像我经常说的 |
[00:42] | you get what you want… | 你只要知道别人要什么 |
[00:43] | By knowing what other people want. | 就能得到你想要的 |
[00:45] | That’s right. That’s right. | 没错 没错 |
[00:47] | And when you’re older, if you get in your girlfriend’s car | 等你长大了 坐进你女朋友的车里 |
[00:49] | and put your feet up on the dashboard, | 然后把脚放到仪表盘上 |
[00:51] | that date does not end in a smooch. | 那约会的结尾可就没有亲热戏了 |
[00:53] | I want the smooch; that’s the only reason I play baseball. | 我想要亲热戏 那是我打棒球的唯一动力 |
[00:56] | That’s the only reason we do anything. | 那是我们做一切事情的动力 |
[01:00] | So how’s school? | 课上得怎么样 |
[01:01] | I got an English paper back today, and I got an “A.” | 今天我们的英语作文批下来了 我得了A |
[01:03] | Right on. | 真棒 |
[01:05] | I had to write an essay on who my hero is. | 主题写的是我的英雄是谁 |
[01:08] | Your hero, huh? | 你的英雄 |
[01:13] | Enough said. | 不用多说了 |
[01:17] | Hey, Teddy. How was baseball? | 泰迪 棒球怎么样 |
[01:19] | Did you face the right way this time? | 这次你看对方向了吧 |
[01:22] | Nothing hit me. | 这次没东西打我 |
[01:26] | Hey, this season’s shaping up. | 这个赛季肯定精彩 |
[01:29] | What’s, uh, what-what’s this? | 这是什么 |
[01:30] | “Just dream”? | 放飞梦想 |
[01:31] | Oh, yeah. I painted it myself. | 对 我自己刷的 |
[01:33] | What do you think? | 你觉得怎么样 |
[01:34] | Well, I think if you want something | 我认为如果你想写东西 |
[01:35] | for our neighbors to read, how about | 给邻居们看 写这个 |
[01:37] | “Tell your husband to close the blinds | 告诉你丈夫 让他洗澡的时候 |
[01:39] | when he showers”?! | 把窗帘拉上 |
[01:42] | Okay, well, I don’t have to, | 没那个必要 |
[01:44] | because you yell it at him every time you get the paper. | 你每天取报纸的时候就喊了 |
[01:48] | I think the chair is inspiring. | 我觉得这个椅子很激励人 |
[01:50] | Well, if you want inspiration, | 你想要激励的话 |
[01:53] | there’s something very special in Teddy’s backpack. | 泰迪的书包里有个非常特别的东西 |
[01:56] | Uh-oh, did he leave another ham sandwich in there? | 他又把火腿三明治忘在里面了吗 |
[02:00] | I’m not digging that deep. | 我不会往下掏 |
[02:01] | I’m gonna stay in the upper half, where everything’s dry. | 只碰上面这层 这层是干爽的 |
[02:05] | Here it is. | 这里呢 |
[02:07] | Why don’t you read this grade A work of literature aloud | 你一边大声地念着这篇取得了A等的好作文 |
[02:10] | while I make room for it on the fridge. | 我一边在冰箱上腾个地方 |
[02:13] | Let’s see.”‘My Hero,’ by Teddy Burns.” | 我看看 《我的英雄》泰迪·伯恩斯 |
[02:17] | “Who is my hero? This question is easy. | 谁是我的英雄 答案很简单 |
[02:20] | My hero is my mother, Andi Burns”? | 我的英雄是我的母亲 安迪·伯恩斯 |
[02:26] | Very funny. Read-read the real one. | 非常有趣 按稿子念 |
[02:29] | No, no, no, no, look. Look, honey, | 没有 看 亲爱的 |
[02:31] | I thought for sure it was gonna be you. | 我本来以为肯定是你 |
[02:40] | Nope. It says “Mom” Everywhere on here. | 不是 上面到处都是妈妈 |
[02:44] | Yeah. | 对 |
[02:45] | This is gonna look great on the fridge. | 放到冰箱上一定很好看 |
[02:59] | Here’s your cocoa, Emme. | 给你热可可 艾米 |
[03:02] | I gave you extra marshmallows. | 我给你多加了棉花糖 |
[03:03] | Thanks, Daddy. | 谢谢爸爸 |
[03:06] | You know, in a few years, | 再过几年 |
[03:08] | you’re gonna get an assignment at school. | 学校会给你留个作业 |
[03:11] | Something about a hero. | 关于英雄的 |
[03:14] | And you know what rhymes with “Hero”? | 你知道英雄和什么配吗 |
[03:17] | Marshmallow. | 棉花糖 |
[03:19] | Daddy, marshmallow, hero. That’s how you remember that. | 爸爸 棉花糖 英雄 你样你就记住了 |
[03:23] | – Okay. I’m going outside. – Okay. | -好的 我去外面了 -好 |
[03:26] | Hey, sit in my new chair. | 坐我的新椅子 |
[03:28] | And don’t forget to dream. | 别忘了梦想 |
[03:31] | Maybe dream about the guy who gave you marshmallows. | 可以梦梦谁给你的棉花糖 |
[03:36] | Hey, where’d Teddy’s essay go? | 泰迪的作文哪去了 |
[03:37] | Oh, that? I-I thought it looked better | 那个 我觉得放到储物间的门背后 |
[03:39] | on the back of the pantry door. | 会更加好看 |
[03:42] | You hid my essay? | 你把我的作文藏起来了 |
[03:45] | – Why, so people wouldn’t see it? – No. | -为什么 不让别人看吗 -不是 |
[03:47] | We’re talking about the pantry here. | 这可是我们家的储物间啊 |
[03:48] | Tons of foot traffic. | 来来往往的 |
[03:51] | And the-the pantry is really the heart of the home. | 而且储物间是我们家的心脏 |
[03:54] | Yeah, that’s where all our favorite stuff is. | 我们最喜欢的都在里面 |
[03:56] | The snacks and the-the, the, uh, broom. | 零食还有 那个扫帚 |
[04:03] | What are you doing? | 你在干什么 |
[04:05] | Nothing. | 没事 |
[04:07] | What are you doing? | 你在干什么 |
[04:10] | I think I’m watching you make an ass of yourself. | 我在看你把自己活成个混蛋 |
[04:13] | I’m fine. You’re the one who’s cursing. | 我很好 说脏话的是你 |
[04:17] | Is it the essay? | 因为那篇作文吧 |
[04:18] | Maybe we should just get rid of that thing. | 也许我们应该把它扔了 |
[04:20] | It is tearing this family apart. | 它快把这个家搞散了 |
[04:23] | You’re jealous. | 你嫉妒了 |
[04:24] | I know. | 我知道 |
[04:26] | Get ahold of yourself, man. | 你理智一点 兄弟 |
[04:27] | I can’t! | 我做不到 |
[04:31] | Why don’t you just take comfort in that fact that, | 你这样想可能会舒服点 |
[04:33] | even though Teddy didn’t pick you, | 虽然泰迪没选你 |
[04:35] | he picked the person that you love the most in the world? | 但选了你最爱的人 |
[04:42] | You heroes make me sick. | 你是英雄让我恶心 |
[04:45] | Uh, sorry, I-I missed that last part, | 对不起 后面没听见 |
[04:47] | ’cause all I heard was, “You hero.” | 我只听到了 你是英雄 |
[04:50] | Yeah, everything’s funny to the person on the fridge. | 上了冰箱的人 果然看什么都好笑了 |
[04:55] | Come on, are you really gonna make this a thing? | 拜托 你真要搞出点事吗 |
[04:57] | I’m not making it a thing. | 我没有搞事 |
[04:59] | You’re the one moonwalking in the end zone. | 是你进球了 还走个太空步气人 |
[05:02] | Well, I think I deserve it. | 我认为这是我应得的 |
[05:04] | I mean, after all, I did give birth to him. | 毕竟 他是我生的 |
[05:07] | On a bed. | 躺在床上 |
[05:10] | I had to stand in a cold delivery room | 我在冰冷的接生室里 |
[05:12] | for seven hours. | 站了7个小时 |
[05:15] | Not to mention you got $20,000 worth of drugs. | 更别提你用了两万美元的药 |
[05:17] | I couldn’t even get a Coke! | 我连罐可乐都没有 |
[05:20] | I know, I crossed the line. | 我知道 我太过分了 |
[05:25] | So I’m gonna go sit in your chair | 所以 我要去你的椅子里坐着 |
[05:28] | and dream I never said it. | 做梦这些话我没说出口 |
[05:38] | If it makes you feel any better, | 我这么说你可能会好点 |
[05:39] | you’re my hero. | 你是我的英雄 |
[05:40] | Great. Can you stand in front of my refrigerator | 太好了 你能站到我家冰箱前面 |
[05:42] | and say that to everyone that walks by? | 然后和每个路过的人说吗 |
[05:45] | Can I bring a stool? | 我能带个高脚凳去吗 |
[05:47] | Look, all I’m saying is, if it’s not on a piece of paper, | 我只是要说 没有写在纸上的 |
[05:49] | it doesn’t help me. | 对我都没意义 |
[05:51] | It’s not too late to win Teddy over. | 现在赢回泰迪也不晚 |
[05:53] | He’s a 12-year-old boy. | 他是个12岁的小男孩 |
[05:54] | All you have to do is save the planet from aliens. Easy. | 你只需要拯救地球不被外星人攻击 很简单 |
[05:59] | I’m a little short on aliens right now, Don. | 我们现在外星人缺货 大唐 |
[06:02] | I’m just the idea man here. | 我只负责提创意 |
[06:06] | Afternoon, men. | 下午好 先生们 |
[06:07] | Hey, Pop, I’m ready. | 爸爸 我准备好了 |
[06:08] | My tackle box is in the truck. | 我的钓具盒在车上 |
[06:10] | – Where you guys going? – Fishing. | -你们去哪里 -钓鱼 |
[06:12] | When did you make this plan? | 你们什么时候定的 |
[06:14] | Last night at dinner. | 昨晚吃饭的时候 |
[06:15] | You guys had dinner? | 你们一起吃的晚餐 |
[06:16] | Yeah, before bingo. | 对 玩宾果之前 |
[06:18] | You guys played bingo? | 你们还玩宾果了 |
[06:20] | Maybe get your ears checked. | 你去检查一下耳朵吧 |
[06:21] | You don’t hear so good. | 听力不太好 |
[06:23] | Good one, Pop. | 这个笑话好 老爸 |
[06:24] | We’ll laugh about that on the boat. | 我们上船再笑 |
[06:32] | Did you see that? | 你看到了吗 |
[06:33] | They’re going fishing without me. | 他们钓鱼不带我 |
[06:35] | Well, maybe let your dad and your brother | 你可以用你爸爸和哥哥 |
[06:37] | not wanting to spend time with you | 不愿意跟你一起玩 |
[06:39] | take your mind off your son not looking up to you. | 冲淡你儿子看不起你这件事 |
[06:44] | I could have said that better. | 这话可以说得更漂亮点 |
[06:47] | How could Teddy not think I’m his hero? | 泰迪怎么会不把我当成英雄呢 |
[06:50] | I’m the greatest man he’s ever known. | 我是他知道的最伟大的男人 |
[06:53] | Maybe you’re too humble. | 也许你太谦虚了 |
[06:55] | That’s it. | 你说对了 |
[06:57] | I am good at a lot of things, | 我什么都太擅长了 |
[06:58] | and one of the things I’m best at is being humble. | 其中一项就是我把谦虚做得太好了 |
[07:02] | Makes sense. | 有道理 |
[07:04] | See, the problem is, | 问题是 |
[07:06] | I haven’t been showing Teddy my best qualities. | 我还没有把我最好的优点都展现给泰迪 |
[07:08] | He only sees me as Dad. | 他只把我当做爸爸 |
[07:10] | I need to show him the man behind the dad. | 我需要让他看到 爸爸背后的真男人 |
[07:14] | Well, until then, you’re my hero, | 在那之前 你是我的英雄 |
[07:16] | and per your request, here it is, | 按你的要求 给你 |
[07:18] | documented on paper. | 写在纸上了 |
[07:21] | Thanks, Lowell, but it’s not really the same thing. | 谢谢 洛厄尔 但是这不是一回事 |
[07:24] | It does spruce up the office, though. | 但放在办公室增彩不少 |
[07:30] | Teddy, look what I found. | 泰迪 看我找到什么了 |
[07:33] | The Adam Burns Golden Box of Childhood Accomplishments. | 亚当·伯恩斯童年成就集锦盒 |
[07:39] | Isn’t that the box Mom’s always asking you to throw away? | 这不是妈妈一直让你扔的盒子吗 |
[07:43] | That’s ’cause she’s jealous. Where’s her box, huh? | 因为她嫉妒 她有盒子吗 |
[07:45] | I didn’t think so. | 我看没有 |
[07:47] | You see, | 你看 |
[07:47] | I don’t think you know who your old man really is. | 我觉得你对你老爸并不了解 |
[07:51] | All right? Like, check this out. | 好吗 看 来看这个 |
[07:53] | “Local 4-H boy saves cow, delivers emergency calf.” | 本地四健会男孩拯救母牛 接生难产牛犊 |
[07:59] | That boy, your dad. | 这个男孩 就是你爹 |
[08:03] | I believe a couple paragraphs down | 往下读几个段落 |
[08:04] | they call me a hero. | 他们叫我英雄 |
[08:09] | Exactly. Whoa. | 是的 |
[08:12] | You put your hand up a cow’s butt? | 你把手伸进牛屁股里了吗 |
[08:18] | What? No. It wasn’t the butt. | 什么 没有 那不是屁股 |
[08:21] | What was it, then? | 那是什么啊 |
[08:28] | Well, it’s complicated. | 比较复杂 |
[08:31] | Why, what else is back there? | 为什么 后面还有什么 |
[08:41] | Fine, it was the butt. | 好吧 就是屁股 |
[08:48] | Hey, did you find me a spider? | 给我找到蜘蛛了吗 |
[08:50] | Yeah. I can always find one on the rowing machine | 找到了 玛茜的划船机上肯定有 |
[08:52] | that Marcy swore she would use every day. | 当初她承诺肯定会每天划的 |
[08:55] | I think he was living in her web of lies. | 这只蜘蛛可能会食言而肥 |
[08:59] | Great, I’m gonna use it to impress Teddy. | 太好了 我准备用它在泰迪面前树立形象 |
[09:00] | My cow butt article didn’t do anything. | 我的牛屁股文章没起到作用 |
[09:04] | Then, I remembered that Teddy’s really scared of spiders. | 然后我记得泰迪特别怕蜘蛛 |
[09:06] | Now, I might not be able to save him from aliens, | 现在 也许我没办法为他跟外星人搏斗 |
[09:08] | but I can save him from one of those. | 但可以拯救他于蜘蛛之难 |
[09:10] | I’m glad you listened to the smart guy for once. | 很高兴 你终于听聪明人一次了 |
[09:13] | Whoa, almost drank a spider. | 差点把蜘蛛喝了 |
[09:16] | Yeah, close one. | 对 好险啊 |
[09:18] | 听着 | |
[09:19] | When Teddy comes down, you act scared, | 等泰迪下来 你表现得很害怕 |
[09:21] | I’ll kill the spider and look like a hero. Huh? | 然后我把蜘蛛打死 英雄一般 |
[09:23] | All right. Teddy, your snack is ready! | 好的 泰迪 你的零食准备好了 |
[09:26] | Okay, let him go. | 好 放它出来 |
[09:27] | No, no, no, you do it. | 不 你来 |
[09:28] | He saw my face when I grabbed him. | 我抓它的时候 它看到了我的脸 |
[09:29] | He’s already mad at me. | 它已经生我的气了 |
[09:33] | There’s nothing in here. | 这里面什么都没有 |
[09:36] | Maybe he’s on the lid. | 也许在盖子上 |
[09:37] | Whoa, it’s on my hand! | 在我手上 |
[09:39] | Where’d it go? | 它哪里去了 |
[09:40] | – Where’d what go? – There’s a spider loose in here. | -什么东西没了 -有只蜘蛛不见了 |
[09:42] | What?! Where?! | 什么 在哪里 |
[09:45] | Why are you running to him? | 你为什么要跑去他那里 |
[09:46] | Because it’s on you. | 因为蜘蛛在你身上 |
[09:47] | What?! | 什么 |
[09:50] | What’s going on? | 这是怎么了 |
[09:51] | There was a spider on me, Andi. | 刚才我身上有只蜘蛛 安迪 |
[09:54] | Wha…? | 你 |
[09:58] | Done. | 搞定 |
[10:00] | You used my Golden Accomplishment. | 你用了我的童年成就 |
[10:03] | That was incredible, Mom. You really are a hero. | 你太厉害了 妈妈 你果然是英雄 |
[10:12] | I stood up the whole time you were being born. | 你出生的时候我一直站着等 |
[10:17] | She just laid there. | 她就是躺在那里 |
[10:20] | High as a kite! | 我稳站如松 |
[10:27] | Hey, buddy. | 儿子 |
[10:30] | You need a little help with your homework? | 作业需要帮忙吗 |
[10:31] | I’m an ace at it. | 我特别擅长 |
[10:33] | You might even call me a homework hero. | 你甚至可以说我是作业英雄 |
[10:35] | That’d be great; it’s math. | 那就太好了 是数学作业 |
[10:37] | Okay… hit me. | 好的 来吧 |
[10:41] | How do I factor a polynomial? | 多项式怎么化为因数 |
[10:47] | Hey, you want to drive my truck up the driveway? | 你想不想去把我的车停到家门前 |
[10:54] | What are we gonna do? | 这下怎么办 |
[10:55] | – I said go right. – I did go right. | -我明明让你右拐 -我是右拐了啊 |
[10:58] | Your other right. | 另一边才是右边 |
[11:08] | Ah, here comes Mom, she’s gonna kill me. | 妈妈过来了 她会杀了我的 |
[11:10] | Wha… Okay, uh, all right, you go in the house. | 这样吧 你先回屋里 |
[11:13] | I’ll take the hit. | 我来承担 |
[11:15] | Which, if you have to do another hero essay, | 如果你下次要写作文的话 |
[11:16] | might be something you think about! | 可以想想这件事 |
[11:21] | What happened to my chair? | 我的椅子怎么回事 |
[11:23] | My inspiring chair? | 我那鼓舞人心的椅子 |
[11:26] | Well, uh, well, it told me to dream, | 它让我放飞梦想 |
[11:28] | so… I dozed off. | 我就打了个盹 |
[11:33] | Yeah. Your next chair should say | 没错 你下一把椅子应该写上 |
[11:35] | “Don’t leave me in the driveway.” | “别把我放在车道上” |
[11:39] | Mm-hmm. You know what I think happened? | 你知道我是怎么想的吗 |
[11:40] | You’re still so mad about that essay | 泰迪的作文让你非常生气 |
[11:42] | that you took it out on my chair. | 所以你就拿我的椅子撒气 |
[11:44] | Yeah, you are literally a dream crusher. | 没错 你简直就是梦想破坏者 |
[11:47] | That’s not true. | 不是这样的 |
[11:49] | Okay, well, what other explanation is there? | 那你说 还有什么解释 |
[11:51] | Teddy did it. | 泰迪干的 |
[11:55] | You let Teddy drive? | 你让泰迪开车了吗 |
[11:57] | He can’t even peel a banana. | 他连个香蕉都不会剥 |
[12:00] | He just squeezes it into his mouth like a Go-Gurt. | 他都是直接跟果冻一样挤到嘴里 |
[12:04] | It was just up and down the driveway. | 不过是从门口车道开进来 |
[12:06] | How was I supposed to know he’d be as bad at driving | 我怎么知道他的车技 会跟他挑英雄的眼光 |
[12:08] | as he is at picking heroes? | 一样差 |
[12:12] | And there it is. | 终于承认了 |
[12:13] | I’m the dad, he should have picked me. | 我是他爸 他应该选我的 |
[12:16] | I mean, yeah, I’m happy for you, | 当然 我很为你高兴 |
[12:17] | blah, blah, blah, you’re great. | 巴拉巴拉 你很好 |
[12:20] | But fathers and sons? | 但是父子情 |
[12:22] | That’s deep stuff. | 这是很深刻的 |
[12:23] | There’s hit songs about it. | 还有很多流行歌曲 |
[12:25] | Uh, the– “Cat’s in the Cradle,” “Danny Boy,” | 比如 《摇篮里的猫》《丹尼男孩》 |
[12:29] | that music they play when Darth Vader walks in. | 还有黑武士每次出现时放的音乐 |
[12:34] | Okay, but, honey, none of this means you’re a bad father. | 好吧 但是这并不意味着你父亲当得不好 |
[12:36] | No, no. | 当然不是 |
[12:38] | It means I’m not even worth mentioning. | 这意味着我根本不值一提 |
[12:41] | You know what it’s like? | 你知道我什么感觉吗 |
[12:42] | If I am not his hero, what’s the point? | 我要不是他的英雄 那有什么意义呢 |
[12:46] | It’s like I have no effect on him. | 我对他根本没有任何影响力 |
[12:48] | Oh, hon– well, I don’t want you to feel like that. | 亲爱的 我不希望你这样想 |
[12:51] | And it’s not true. Uh, the other day, | 这也不是事实 那天我看到 |
[12:53] | I saw him drinking milk from the carton in his underwear. | 他穿着内衣对着奶箱喝牛奶 |
[12:56] | Yeah. | 真的 |
[12:58] | He didn’t get that from me. | 这可不是我教的 |
[13:06] | All boys pick their dads as their heroes. | 男孩都会说父亲是他们的英雄的 |
[13:08] | I wrote one of those essays in school, too. | 我上学的时候也写过一篇作文 |
[13:11] | Come on, I’ll show you. | 来吧 我给你看 |
[13:13] | Oh, is this going to be | 你不会是要去拿 |
[13:14] | the golden box of kid junk? | 小孩的破玩意集锦盒吧 |
[13:18] | It’s called the Adam Burns Golden Box | 那个盒子叫作亚当·伯恩斯 |
[13:20] | of Childhood Accomplishments, and you know it. | 童年成就集锦盒 你明明知道 |
[13:25] | Is this it? | 就是这个吗 |
[13:28] | “Top ten ways I’m exactly like Burt Reynolds.” | 我和伯特·雷诺兹一模一样的地方[美国演员导演] |
[13:33] | “Number one, awesome mustache.” | “第一 胡子非常帅” |
[13:39] | Wait, this is on a 2002 calendar. | 等等 这是在2002年日历上写的 |
[13:41] | W-We were married then. | 那时候我们都结婚了 |
[13:47] | Here it is. | 找到了 |
[13:49] | “‘My Hero,’ by Adam Burns.” | 《我的英雄》 亚当·伯恩斯 |
[13:51] | Now listen carefully. You listening? | 你仔细听好 你在听吗 |
[13:53] | Yeah. | 在的 |
[13:55] | “My hero is a man of integrity | “我的英雄诚实而正直 |
[13:58] | “Who always takes the time to make me feel special. | 总会抽时间让我觉得自己很特别 |
[14:01] | His name is Ronald McDonald–” What? | 他的名字是麦当劳大叔” 什么 |
[14:07] | Your dad is Ronald McDonald? | 你爸是麦当劳大叔吗 |
[14:11] | Why aren’t we rich? | 那我们怎么没暴富 |
[14:15] | I can’t believe I didn’t pick my dad. | 我居然没选我爸 |
[14:18] | No wonder he doesn’t take me fishing. | 怪不得他不带我去钓鱼 |
[14:22] | All these years, his feelings have been hurt. | 这么多年来 他一直很伤心 |
[14:24] | Come on. You really think he’s so thin-skinned | 别这样 你真觉得他有这么小心眼吗 |
[14:27] | that he would care about a school… | 会为了区区一篇学校作文… |
[14:29] | No, that’s– people do that, that’s a thing. | 不 很有可能 会有人这样的 |
[14:35] | Hey, Dad, uh, I’m glad you’re here. | 爸 你在家就太好了 |
[14:38] | I-I have something to say to you and it’s, uh, | 我有点事想跟你说 |
[14:41] | kind of, it’s kind of delicate. | 稍微有点不好开口 |
[14:43] | If you’ve come to take your mother and me to a home, | 你要是想把我和你妈妈送去养老院 |
[14:45] | then I hope you brought backup. | 你最好不是一个人来的 |
[14:48] | No, no, I just wanted to apologize for something. | 不 我是想跟你道个歉 |
[14:51] | When I was a kid, | 我小时候 |
[14:53] | I wrote an essay at school about my hero, | 在学校写了一篇作文 关于我的英雄 |
[14:55] | and I didn’t pick you, and I am really, really sorry. | 我当时没有选你 我真的很抱歉 |
[15:00] | Son, I’ve been waiting to hear you say those words | 儿子 我一直在等你这句话 |
[15:04] | for 40 years. | 等了四十年 |
[15:06] | Really? | 真的吗 |
[15:07] | No, I don’t know what the hell you’re talking about. | 假的 我特么根本不知道你在说什么 |
[15:10] | Yes, you do. | 你当然知道 |
[15:11] | In sixth grade, I picked Ronald McDonald | 六年级的时候 我选了麦当劳大叔 |
[15:13] | as my hero instead of you. | 而没有选你 |
[15:15] | So what? I don’t care about being your hero. | 那又如何 我不在乎是不是你的英雄 |
[15:18] | – You don’t? – No. | -真的吗 -当然 |
[15:19] | Because I’m not Teddy’s, | 因为泰迪没选我 |
[15:20] | and it’s driving me crazy. | 我都快被逼疯了 |
[15:22] | It’s like I’m not even there, I have no effect on him. | 感觉我好像不存在 对他没有任何影响 |
[15:25] | Oh, so you want to talk about feelings. | 你是想来倾诉烦恼的啊 |
[15:27] | Uh, well, your mother’s at the mall. | 你妈妈去商场了 |
[15:28] | Maybe I can get her on speakerphone. | 我看看能不能给她开免提 |
[15:30] | You know what, I-I’ll handle it. | 算了 我自己处理吧 |
[15:32] | All right, all right, hold your horses, little lady. | 好了好了 别着急 玻璃心小女生 |
[15:34] | Come back over here. | 回来吧 |
[15:39] | Look. | 听我说 |
[15:41] | Don’t take this Teddy thing personally. | 别拿泰迪这件事责怪自己 |
[15:43] | Kids are… what’s a nice word for it? Dumb. | 孩子们… 怎么说比较委婉呢 很笨 |
[15:48] | They only look up to people | 他们只会崇拜那些 |
[15:49] | who tell them they’re great when they’re not, | 哪怕他们没做好也会鼓励他们的人 |
[15:51] | and dads don’t do that. | 爸爸们可不会这样 |
[15:53] | Well, no, it doesn’t teach ’em anything. | 当然 这样他们学不到东西 |
[15:55] | If we were supposed to just hug ’em all the time, | 如果爸爸的职责是一直拥抱孩子 |
[15:57] | they wouldn’t make our faces so scratchy. Mm. | 大自然不会让我们的脸这么胡子拉碴 |
[16:00] | My job as a father was to make sure that | 我作为父亲的职责是 |
[16:03] | when you went out in the world, | 确保你走上社会时 |
[16:04] | you wouldn’t be a jackass. | 不会变成一个混蛋 |
[16:06] | I’m the guy that told you you weren’t funny. | 我当初说你一点都不幽默 |
[16:08] | And that’s why today you are a little funny. | 所以你现在才稍微有一点幽默 |
[16:12] | You think I’m funny? | 你觉得我幽默吗 |
[16:13] | A little, I said. | 我说的是一点 |
[16:15] | And you do the same with Teddy. | 你对于泰迪也是这样的 |
[16:17] | Yeah. I tell him what he’s doing wrong, | 是啊 我指出他哪里做错了 |
[16:19] | so when he grows up, he’ll do something right. | 这样他长大之后 就能做对了 |
[16:21] | Yeah. As I see it, I did a better job | 是啊 在我看来 我教育你 |
[16:24] | at being a dad than my pop did, | 比我爸教育我要成功 |
[16:26] | and you’re doing a better job than I did. | 而你教育泰迪又比我当初成功 |
[16:30] | I’ll take that. | 我接受 |
[16:32] | Wait, so if you’re not mad about the essay, | 等等 如果你没有因为那篇作文生我气 |
[16:36] | wh-why do you take Don fishing and not me? | 那你为什么总带大唐去钓鱼却不带我 |
[16:38] | He’s tall. He makes a lot of shade. | 他个子高 可以创造更大的阴凉 |
[16:41] | It’s like sitting under a tree that gets you beers. | 就像坐在一个会给你拿啤酒的大树下 |
[16:45] | Also, he needs more coddling than you. | 另外 他比你更需要悉心呵护 |
[16:49] | He does. Baby. | 是啊 真幼稚 |
[16:51] | He’s such a baby. | 他真是个巨婴 |
[16:53] | But if you want, | 如果你想的话 |
[16:54] | we can talk about how much I love you, son. | 我们可以聊聊我有多爱你 儿子 |
[16:57] | Really? | 真的吗 |
[16:58] | I oobie doobie love you so much. | 爸爸真的好爱你哦 |
[17:00] | Come and sit on Daddy’s lap. | 快坐到爸爸腿上来 |
[17:03] | Well, it was nice there for a second. | 好吧 有一秒我竟然觉得还挺好 |
[17:06] | A father’s work is never done. | 父亲教育儿子是一辈子的事 |
[17:15] | Come on, we got a surprise for you. | 来吧 我们给你准备了惊喜 |
[17:18] | Teddy, show her what’s behind door number one. | 泰迪 给你妈妈看看第一扇门后面是什么 |
[17:21] | What door? | 什么门 |
[17:24] | Take off the sheet on your right. | 把你右手边的单子拉开 |
[17:26] | Your other right. | 另一边才是右边 |
[17:30] | Oh, my God, you fixed it. | 天哪 你修好了 |
[17:33] | Oh, I love it. | 我好喜欢 |
[17:35] | Yeah, well, wait, wait, wait, there’s more. | 等一下 还有呢 |
[17:36] | Teddy, show her. | 泰迪 拉开吧 |
[17:41] | We made a set. | 我们做了一对 |
[17:43] | “Just dream… of beer.” | “放飞梦想 啤酒之梦” |
[17:46] | Now it says something. | 这下有深度了 |
[17:48] | – His and hers. – Yeah. | -情侣款 -是啊 |
[17:49] | – Thanks, guys. – Yeah. Hey, uh, Teddy, | -谢谢你们 -不客气 对了 泰迪 |
[17:51] | will you go get a dust rag out of the garage? | 你能不能去车库里拿个抹布过来 |
[17:57] | Look, I just wanted to do this to say I’m sorry for being | 我是想跟你说 很抱歉之前英雄的事 |
[17:59] | a little high maintenance about the hero thing. | 我反应有点过激 让你有点受不了 |
[18:02] | A little? | 有点吗 |
[18:06] | It was like living with Mariah Carey. | 简直像跟玛丽亚·凯莉住在一起[《英雄》歌手] |
[18:11] | Hey, if moms get to be their sons’ heroes, | 要是妈妈能当儿子的英雄 |
[18:13] | then dads deserve the right to be oversensitive. | 那爸爸也有权利稍微玻璃心一点 |
[18:17] | You guys have had that for centuries, it’s our turn. | 你们占有这个特权几百年了 该轮到我们了 |
[18:22] | All right, then we get to be the next 45 presidents. | 好吧 那接下来的45任的总统都选女性 |
[18:30] | Fair enough. | 有道理 |
[18:34] | Hey, uh, I meant to tell you… | 对了 我想跟你说 |
[18:39] | I am really proud of you for writing that great essay | 你为你妈妈写的那篇优秀作文 |
[18:41] | about your mother. | 爸爸很骄傲 |
[18:43] | Thanks. My plan went perfectly. | 谢谢 我的计划完美奏效了 |
[18:48] | What plan? | 什么计划 |
[18:49] | Well, my teacher is a mom, so when I had to pick a hero, | 我老师是一名母亲 所以我在选英雄的时候 |
[18:52] | I picked my mom. | 就选了我妈妈 |
[18:54] | Like you always say, you get what you want… | 就像你以前说的 你只要知道别人要什么 |
[18:56] | By knowing what other people want. | 就能得到自己想要的 |
[19:01] | Good job, buddy. | 干得漂亮 儿子 |
[19:04] | Yeah, well… | 好的 |
[19:09] | I guess we know who your real hero is, huh? | 这下我们知道你真正的英雄是谁了 |
[19:11] | Oh, yeah. | 当然 |
[19:13] | LeBron James. | 勒布朗·詹姆斯 |
[19:19] | Great choice. | 选得真好 |
[19:22] | I need to be alone for a minute. | 我想一个人静一静 |
[19:31] | Strength, integrity, coins behind my ear, | 强大而正直 总是鼓励我 |
[19:34] | that’s my dad, Joe Burns, | 这就是我爸 乔·伯恩斯 |
[19:36] | and that’s why he’s my hero. | 也正因此 他是我的英雄 |
[19:41] | That’s beautiful. Never gets old, son. | 太美了 百听不厌 儿子 |
[19:44] | Hey Adam, why don’t you read Dad your essay about him being your hero? | 亚当 你也给爸念念你写他是英雄的作文吧 |
[19:48] | You know I didn’t write about Dad. | 你知道我没写爸 |
[19:51] | Oh. That’s right. Who did you pick? | 想起来了 你选谁来着 |
[19:52] | The Hamburglar? Or was it Mayor McCheese? | 汉堡大叔 还是芝士镇长[均为麦当劳人物形象] |
[19:56] | Dad only takes you fishing for the shade! | 爸爸带你去钓鱼是为了乘凉 |
[19:59] | You are a beer tree. | 你就是个啤酒树 |
[20:01] | What? | 什么 |
[20:02] | Why are you causing trouble? | 你为什么要搞事情 |
[20:03] | A brother’s work is never done. | 兄弟教育兄弟是一辈子的事 |