时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:01] | So, Andi, maybe we should have dinner on my new boat tonight. | 安迪 要不我们今晚在船上吃晚餐吧 |
[00:04] | I worry she feels lonely out there in the driveway. | 我担心她一个人在外面太孤独 |
[00:09] | Adam, a boat doesn’t have feelings. | 亚当 船是没有感情的 |
[00:10] | It’s a boat. | 它是艘船 |
[00:13] | That’s not very nice. | 你这话就不好听 |
[00:14] | She never says anything bad about you. | 她就从来不会说你的坏话 |
[00:17] | Hey, Mom. | 妈 |
[00:18] | Could you drop me at the mall after school? | 今天放学之后你能送我去商场吗 |
[00:20] | I picked up an extra shift at the store. | 我又接了店里的一个排班 |
[00:22] | Aw, of course I can, my little working girl. | 当然可以呀 我家的站班女郎 |
[00:26] | Maybe we don’t call our daughter a working girl. | 要不我们别叫女儿是”站班女郎”了 |
[00:30] | I am so proud of you for getting this job. | 你能拿到这份工作 我太为你骄傲了 |
[00:33] | You made me do it. | 是你逼我的 |
[00:36] | You know, this job is gonna look great | 等你申请大学的时候 |
[00:38] | on your college applications. | 这份工作经历会很加分的 |
[00:40] | So you can thank me now | 你可以现在感谢我 |
[00:41] | or when you’re accepting your Nobel Prize– your choice. | 也可以等将来拿到诺贝尔奖再谢我 你自己选 |
[00:45] | Thank you, Mom. | 谢谢妈妈 |
[00:48] | I am so excited for her. | 我太为她开心了 |
[00:49] | Yeah, you know who I’m excited for? | 你知道我为谁开心吗 |
[00:51] | Me– I have a boat. | 我 我有一艘船 |
[00:53] | I’m gonna go spend some time with her before work. | 我打算上班前去跟她玩一会 |
[00:55] | Wait, you’re just gonna go sit on it alone in the driveway? | 等等 你就打算直接坐在里面吗 |
[00:58] | Yeah, so the neighbors see me. | 对 这样邻居们都能看到 |
[01:01] | You thought you were the coolest guy | 你以为你是这个街区最酷的人吗 |
[01:02] | in the neighborhood, Dune Buggy Steve? | 开沙漠越野车的史蒂夫 |
[01:04] | Not anymore! | 你想多了 |
[01:09] | Hey, Teddy. | 泰迪 |
[01:10] | How’s it feel to be the son of a boat owner? | 你爸有艘船 你什么感觉 |
[01:12] | No, thanks, I’m not hungry. | 不吃 谢谢 我不饿 |
[01:18] | What?! | 什么 |
[01:19] | Where’s my boat?! | 我的船呢 |
[01:22] | What?! Oh! | 什么 |
[01:31] | Teddy, she’s gone! | 泰迪 她不见了 |
[01:34] | Fine, I’ll have a bagel. | 好吧 我吃个贝果面包 |
[01:41] | What? | 什么 |
[01:42] | My boat is gone, Andi! | 我的船不见了 安迪 |
[01:43] | I can’t find it! | 我找不到了 |
[01:48] | Andi, we’re running! Oh! | 安迪 着急啊 |
[01:54] | Look Andi! No boat! | 你看 安迪 没有船 |
[02:00] | – What about that boat? – What? | -那艘船呢 -什么 |
[02:04] | What? | 什么 |
[02:07] | But it was gone. | 可它之前消失了 |
[02:11] | And now it’s here. | 现在又回来了 |
[02:14] | What’s happening? Something’s happening. | 什么情况 肯定有情况 |
[02:17] | Something seems to be happening to you. | 你绝对是有情况 |
[02:20] | Teddy was here– he’ll tell you. | 泰迪在 他能告诉你 |
[02:22] | Teddy, did you see who took the boat? | 泰迪 你看到谁把船开走了吗 |
[02:24] | The boat’s right there. | 船不是在那吗 |
[02:28] | I’ll bet you Dune Buggy Steve’s kid saw something! | 沙漠越野车史蒂夫家孩子肯定看到了 |
[02:42] | Hey, Lowell. | 洛厄尔 |
[02:43] | Where’s Don? | 老唐呢 |
[02:44] | He took your dad to Happy Burger. | 他带你爸去吃快乐汉堡了 |
[02:46] | Again? | 又去 |
[02:47] | He said he wanted to share | 他说他想与家人分享 |
[02:48] | the best burger in the world with family. | 世界上最好吃的汉堡 |
[02:50] | But I’m in that family. | 但我也是他家人啊 |
[02:51] | Why didn’t they invite me? | 他们为什么不叫我 |
[02:54] | You don’t want any part of that. | 你不用着急参与 |
[02:55] | It’s 9:00 in the morning– who eats burgers for breakfast? | 早上九点 谁早餐会吃汉堡啊 |
[02:58] | Yeah, after Don started eating ice cream sandwiches | 对 自从老唐开始把冰淇淋三明治 |
[03:00] | as regular sandwiches, there were no more rules. | 当普通三明治吃之后 就无法无天了 |
[03:04] | Listen, I got a problem. | 我遇到一个问题 |
[03:05] | Someone took my boat last night and then they brought it back. | 昨晚有人开走了我的船 早上又还回来了 |
[03:08] | – Whoa, that’s weird. – Yeah. | -太奇怪了 -是啊 |
[03:10] | Well, maybe it’s not such a big deal since it’s home again. | 也许不是什么大问题 毕竟已经回来了 |
[03:13] | Well, it is a big deal. | 确实是大问题 |
[03:14] | I feel violated. | 我觉得被冒犯了 |
[03:16] | Imagine if someone came to your house | 想象一下有人去了你家 |
[03:17] | and took something you loved. | 抢走你深爱的东西 |
[03:19] | Someone did. | 确实有这回事 |
[03:19] | He took my wife. | 他抢走了我老婆 |
[03:22] | Yes. | 对 |
[03:23] | Now, imagine if your wife was as fun as a boat. | 你现在想象一下你老婆跟船一样有意思 |
[03:27] | I got to figure out who did this. | 我得搞清楚是谁干的 |
[03:28] | Well, I’d be happy to help. | 我很乐意帮忙 |
[03:29] | I love a good mystery. | 我最喜欢解谜了 |
[03:30] | After my divorce, I was alone so much, | 我离婚之后 因为太孤独 |
[03:32] | I watched every episode of Murder, She Wrote. | 我看了《女作家与谋杀案》的每一集 |
[03:36] | Lowell, please, I am depressed enough as it is. | 洛厄尔 别闹 我已经很难受了 |
[03:39] | Don’t be. With your good looks and my hours of lonely research, | 别难受 你长这么帅 我经验这么丰富 |
[03:43] | there’s no mystery we can’t solve. | 我们一定能揭开一切谜底 |
[03:46] | Come on, Detective Handsome, | 来吧 帅哥警探 |
[03:47] | let’s crack this case. | 一起破案吧 |
[03:51] | Solid nickname. | 这名字不错 |
[03:57] | Hold on, Lowell– check this out. | 等等 洛厄尔 你看这个 |
[03:59] | It’s a hat. | 是一顶帽子 |
[04:00] | I can do better. | 我加点戏 |
[04:01] | It’s a hat! | 是一顶帽子 |
[04:04] | This is my dad’s hat. | 这是我爸的帽子 |
[04:06] | Oh, so your dad took your boat. | 原来你爸爸抢走了你的船 |
[04:09] | It makes perfect sense. | 完全说得通 |
[04:10] | My dad loves night fishing. | 我爸很喜欢晚上去钓鱼 |
[04:12] | There’s your motive. | 作案动机有了 |
[04:13] | Yeah, I just need to make sure this is his. | 我只需要确保这顶帽子是他的 |
[04:15] | I can’t accuse him without proof. | 不能没有证据就指控他 |
[04:16] | But he is definitely suspect number one. | 但他绝对是我的第一嫌疑人 |
[04:19] | I think what you mean is, when it comes to suspects, | 我觉得你想说的是 在嫌疑人这场角逐中 |
[04:22] | it looks like your dad just threw his hat into the ring. | 你的父亲绝对有可能”摘得桂冠” |
[04:29] | Okay, if we’re gonna be partners, | 好了 如果我们要当搭档 |
[04:30] | you can’t say stuff like that. | 你不能这样说话 |
[04:36] | All right, no one’s home. | 没人在家 |
[04:37] | I’m gonna check and see if my dad’s hat is here. | 我来看看我爸的帽子在不在 |
[04:38] | If it’s not, we’ll have proof he’s the boat thief. | 如果不在 我们就能证明他是偷船贼 |
[04:42] | Oh, look at this. | 你看这个 |
[04:43] | My dad and Don at a Steelers game. Geez. | 我爸和老唐去看匹兹堡钢人队的比赛 我去 |
[04:47] | Wait a minute. | 等等 |
[04:49] | I was in this picture. | 这张合照我也在 |
[04:51] | That’s my arm! | 这是我的胳膊 |
[04:52] | They cropped me out! | 他们把我裁出去了 |
[04:55] | And you were in the middle. | 你还在中间 |
[04:56] | That’s hard to do. | 这可不好裁 |
[04:57] | This was no accident. | 这绝对不是意外 |
[05:01] | Lowell, the hat’s not here. | 洛厄尔 帽子不在这里 |
[05:03] | Which means this is my dad’s hat, which means we got him. | 也就是说这是我爸的帽子 我们抓到他了 |
[05:11] | What are we doing, boys? | 这是在干什么 孩子们 |
[05:13] | All right, we’re here because | 我们过来是因为 |
[05:15] | someone took my boat out, | 有人把我的船偷走了 |
[05:16] | and I thought it was you because I found your hat. | 我以为是你 因为我找到了你的帽子 |
[05:17] | But now you’re wearing it, which means | 但是现在你戴着帽子 也就是说 |
[05:20] | this is bigger than I thought. | 这事比我想得更大 |
[05:22] | Or smaller. | 或者更小 |
[05:24] | Or the same. | 或者一样大 |
[05:26] | I didn’t take your boat. | 我没偷你的船 |
[05:27] | If I wanted to use it, I’d make you hitch it up, | 我要是想用 我就直接让你开出来 |
[05:29] | drive me to the lake, and pay for everything. | 带我去湖里 一切花销你来包 |
[05:33] | Yeah, that sounds right to me. | 也是 这更像你的风格 |
[05:37] | So, whose hat is this? | 所以这是谁的帽子 |
[05:38] | A tale of two hats. | 两顶帽子之争 |
[05:40] | That’s what they would call the episode | 在《女作家和谋杀案》里 |
[05:42] | if it was Murder, She Wrote. | 他们应该会叫这个名字 |
[05:44] | Great show. | 那节目不错 |
[05:45] | I love a foxy, young detective. | 我特别喜欢年轻火辣的警探 |
[05:51] | Hey. Mom? | 妈 |
[05:52] | What are you doing here? You just dropped me off. | 你怎么来了 你不是刚把我送来吗 |
[05:54] | Don’t think of me as Mom, just think of me as a random customer | 别把我当成你妈 就把我当成一个普通顾客 |
[05:57] | who’s here to take pictures of you she can post on Facebook. | 我是来给你拍照的 准备发到Facebook上 |
[06:01] | Ooh, pretend like you’re saying something into your headset. | 我想到了 你假装对着耳机说点什么 |
[06:04] | Security, we’ve got a crazy mom in junior accessories. | 安保 青少年配饰区有个疯妈妈 |
[06:07] | Ma’am, can I help you find something? | 女士 有什么想找的东西吗 |
[06:10] | Like a store that’s more age-appropriate? | 比如一家更适合你这个年龄的店 |
[06:13] | Excuse me? | 你说什么 |
[06:15] | Mom, this is my boss Karen. | 妈 这是我老板 凯伦 |
[06:18] | Well, then, no, thank you. | 这样啊 那不用了 |
[06:20] | I am already being helped by the best salesperson ever. | 已经有一位最优秀的销售在帮助我了 |
[06:23] | Who said I’m the perfect age for this store. | 她说我的年龄很适合这家店 |
[06:28] | So, how’s your shift going? | 你这个工作如何 |
[06:30] | Oh, you are not gonna believe what happened. | 你肯定不会相信发生了什么 |
[06:32] | Karen told me if I keep up the good work, | 凯伦跟我说 如果我继续努力 |
[06:34] | I could be assistant manager in a year. | 也许一年内就可以当副店长 |
[06:37] | Oh. Okay, but i-in a year, | 好吧 可是一年内 |
[06:39] | you’re gonna be getting ready to go to college. | 你就得准备上大学了 |
[06:41] | Or will I? | 是吗 |
[06:43] | See, normally people go to college to get a job, | 你看 正常人上大学是为了找工作 |
[06:46] | but I already have one, so I don’t need college. | 但我已经有了工作 就不需要大学了 |
[06:48] | Oh, bonus– I won’t have to take the SATs next week. | 还有一点 下周的高考我也不用参加了 |
[06:51] | Looks like someone gets to sleep in on Saturday. | 看来我周六可以睡个懒觉了 |
[06:55] | But, but, but, but, but wh-what about your future? | 可是 那你的将来怎么办 |
[06:58] | Huh? I mean, this job isn’t gonna pay you enough to… | 什么 这个工作肯定没办法负担… |
[07:01] | I don’t know, buy a house, huh? | 假如你要买房 对不对 |
[07:02] | I mean, where are you gonna raise your kids? | 将来你的孩子要怎么养 |
[07:05] | Relax, I have a plan. | 放轻松 我都计划好了 |
[07:07] | You give me the money you were gonna give me to go to college. | 你把本来准备供我上大学的钱给我 |
[07:09] | I’ll use that to buy a house. | 我会用来买房子 |
[07:11] | That’s college-level thinking without college-level work. | 你看我没上大学就拥有了大学级别的头脑 |
[07:16] | On second thought, maybe you don’t want kids. | 仔细想想 要不你别要孩子了 |
[07:18] | They’re too stressful. | 孩子让人压力山大 |
[07:21] | Okay, so it’s not my dad. | 看来不是我爸 |
[07:22] | Did you see anything else up there? | 你在上面找到其他东西了吗 |
[07:23] | I found a gray hair that seemed promising, | 我找到一根很可疑的白头发 |
[07:25] | but then I remembered. | 但后来我想起来了 |
[07:34] | Remembered what? | 想起来什么了 |
[07:37] | Well, you know… | 就是… |
[07:41] | What I know is, the most majestic mountains | 我只知道 最雄伟的山峰 |
[07:43] | are covered in snow. | 山顶都有白雪 |
[07:46] | And that this thing did me no good. | 还有 这帽子完全没帮到我 |
[07:52] | – Look at this. – Don’t eat that. It’s covered in germs. | -你看 -别吃 全是细菌 |
[07:55] | No, this is from Happy Burger. | 不 这是快乐汉堡的包装纸 |
[07:58] | Don’s favorite place. | 老唐最喜欢的 |
[07:59] | In my trash, next to my boat. | 出现在我的船旁边的垃圾桶里 |
[08:02] | Case closed– we got him. | 破案了 我们抓到凶手了 |
[08:07] | Don, there you are. | 老唐 我找到你了 |
[08:09] | Look what I found in the trash next to my boat. | 你看我在我船旁边的垃圾桶里找到了什么 |
[08:11] | A Happy Burger wrapper! | 快乐汉堡包装纸 |
[08:14] | So you know. | 看来你知道了 |
[08:16] | I know everything. | 我全都知道了 |
[08:18] | Fine, I admit it. | 好吧 我承认 |
[08:20] | Sometimes in the afternoon, I leave work | 有时候下午的时候 我会溜出去 |
[08:22] | and take a nap in your bed. | 在你床上睡一觉 |
[08:25] | You what? | 什么 |
[08:27] | And usually on the way, I pick up a burger. | 通常在路上 我会买个汉堡 |
[08:30] | They’re delicious and they make me sleepy. | 特别好吃 吃完我就犯困 |
[08:33] | I’m talking about you snuck my boat out last night. | 我是说你昨天晚上偷我船的事 |
[08:36] | I would never do that. | 我才没有 |
[08:37] | I’m not a boat stealer. | 我不偷船 |
[08:38] | I’m a sneaky sleeper. | 我顶多偷偷睡觉 |
[08:39] | That’s the worst you can pin on me. | 其他的事情可不能栽赃给我 |
[08:41] | Give it up, Don. I know you took it. | 放弃吧 老唐 我知道是你偷的 |
[08:43] | I didn’t do it. | 我没有 |
[08:45] | If you don’t believe me, ask Dad. | 你要是不信我 你去问老爸 |
[08:46] | What does Dad know about it? | 为什么问老爸 |
[08:47] | We were up late last night watching kung fu movies together. | 昨天晚上我们一起看功夫电影了 |
[08:50] | Well… Now, if you’ll excuse me, | 好了 我要一下 |
[08:52] | this conversation has made me very sleepy. | 跟你们说这么多 搞得我都困了 |
[08:56] | You know where to find me. | 你知道去哪里找我 |
[09:00] | So, your dad’s his alibi. | 你爸是他的不在场证明 |
[09:02] | Well, of course he is. They’re always together. | 当然如此 他们永远都在一起 |
[09:07] | Wait a minute. | 等等 |
[09:09] | Do you think they took your boat together? | 会不会是他们一起偷了你的船 |
[09:13] | That would make sense. | 这样确实说得通 |
[09:15] | Yeah, Dad doesn’t want to do the work, but Don will. | 我爸不想费力气 但是老唐可以 |
[09:17] | And Don doesn’t know how to do the work, but Dad can tell him. | 老唐不知道怎么操作 但我爸可以教他 |
[09:20] | Together they make one boat-stealing, burger-eating, | 他们加一起就是两个吃汉堡 看功夫电影的 |
[09:23] | kung-fu-watching criminal! | 偷船罪犯二人组 |
[09:26] | So, we finally cracked the case. | 我们终于破案了 |
[09:27] | They were in on it together. | 他们是同伙 |
[09:29] | It figures– | 怪不得 |
[09:30] | you know, this is just another thing they’re doing without me. | 这又是一件他们背着我干的事情 |
[09:33] | And that’s why there’s two hats. | 所以才会有两顶帽子 |
[09:35] | One for Dad and one for his favorite son. | 一顶是我爸的 一顶给他最爱的儿子 |
[09:38] | Boy, I got to tell you, Lowell, this really hurts. | 说句实话 洛厄尔 我很难受 |
[09:41] | We could get matching hats if that would make you feel better. | 我们可以买一样的帽子 安慰一下你 |
[09:46] | It might make me feel worse. | 也许我会感觉更糟 |
[09:48] | Buy ’em anyway, though. We’ll see. | 但你可以先买着 到时候再说 |
[09:56] | What are you doing? | 你在干什么 |
[09:58] | I’m cutting my dad and Don out of family photos. | 我要从家庭照片里把我爸和老唐剪掉 |
[10:00] | What are you doing? | 你在干什么 |
[10:04] | Well, that’s from Don’s wedding. | 这张是老唐婚礼的照片 |
[10:06] | So, now it just looks like you married Marcy. | 现在看起来好像你娶了玛茜 |
[10:10] | She wishes. | 她想得美 |
[10:14] | My dad and Don have found | 我爸和老唐又发现了 |
[10:16] | a new and even more hurtful way of excluding me. | 一个更加伤人 孤立我的办法 |
[10:19] | They’re the ones that took my boat out last night. | 昨晚就是他们偷走了我的船 |
[10:22] | Without me. | 还不带我 |
[10:22] | My boat, no me. | 我的船 还不带我 |
[10:26] | Oh, honey, I’m so sorry. | 亲爱的 他们太过分了 |
[10:27] | Yeah– no, I’m just sick of their fun little club for two. | 是啊 我真是受不了他们总凑一起 |
[10:31] | It’s so– it’s stupid, and I don’t even want to be in it, | 我感觉很蠢 我也不想参与进去 |
[10:33] | but I want to be in it so bad. | 但我又很想参与进去 |
[10:37] | Well, I know this isn’t a great time, but I have more bad news. | 我知道现在时机不合适 但我也有坏消息 |
[10:42] | Kate doesn’t want to go to college. | 凯特不想上大学 |
[10:44] | What? G– Where did that come from? | 什么 怎么突然会这样 |
[10:47] | Well, she has a job now, so she says she doesn’t need college. | 她现在不是有工作了吗 她就说不需要大学 |
[10:51] | She made the whole decision without me. | 这个决定完全没跟我商量 |
[10:52] | I gave her confidence and then she uses it against me. | 我给了她自信 结果被她倒打一耙 |
[10:56] | That’s what family does. | 家人就是这样 |
[10:58] | They hurt us, Andi. | 总伤害我们 安迪 |
[11:00] | You know what? You shouldn’t stand for it. | 要我说 你不该默默承受 |
[11:02] | You’re a great son and a great brother, and you deserve better. | 你是个好儿子 也是个好弟弟 他们不能这样 |
[11:05] | Well, you’re a great mom and you deserve better. | 你也是个好妈妈 她不该这样 |
[11:08] | Wait a minute, why are we taking this lying down? | 等等 我们为什么要逆来顺受 |
[11:11] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[11:13] | What are we, doormats? | 我们是什么 门垫吗 |
[11:14] | No. We are not doormats. We are… | 不 我们不是门垫 我们是… |
[11:17] | What’s the opposite of doormats? | 门垫的反义词是什么 |
[11:20] | – Doors? – That’s right. We’re doors. | -门吗 -没错 我们是门 |
[11:22] | Yeah. And we’re sturdy. | 对 而且我们很结实 |
[11:24] | And if you want to get anywhere, you got to come through us. | 要是想去什么地方 必须先通过我们 |
[11:29] | Yeah, but be careful, | 对 而且得小心点 |
[11:31] | or we’ll slam your fingers. | 不要被我们夹到手 |
[11:32] | That’s right, honey… | 没错 亲爱的 |
[11:34] | Yeah. Okay. Let’s go slam some fingers! | 说得好 我们去夹他们的手指 |
[11:36] | Yes. | 好 |
[11:39] | Dad? I want to talk to you– Oh. | 爸 我有事要跟你说 |
[11:42] | Of course, you’re together. | 你们果然又在一起 |
[11:43] | We’re watching Finding Bigfoot. | 我们在看《寻找大脚怪》 |
[11:45] | So far, nothing. | 目前还没线索 |
[11:48] | But that’s my favorite show, and I always have to watch it alone. | 我也很喜欢这个节目 但我每次都一个人看 |
[11:51] | You know, one day they’ll find him, | 等哪天他们真的找到了 |
[11:52] | and I won’t have anybody to celebrate with. | 都没人跟我一起庆祝 |
[11:54] | What’s wrong, boy, you got a burr in your butt? | 怎么了 儿子 什么事不开心吗 |
[11:57] | I’ll tell you what’s in my butt– the two of you. | 我告诉你们什么事 就你们俩 |
[12:01] | I know you took my boat out last night, | 我知道你们昨晚偷了我的船 |
[12:03] | and I know you got matching blue hats to wear when you did it. | 我也知道你们还戴着同款帽子作的案 |
[12:06] | Because you exclude me. | 因为你们总孤立我 |
[12:07] | – We don’t exclude you. – Yeah, you do. | -我们没孤立你 -就是孤立了 |
[12:09] | And I’m not gonna take it anymore, because I am a door. | 我不打算逆来顺受了 因为我是个门 |
[12:13] | Someone’s at the door? | 有人敲门吗 |
[12:16] | I mean, look at this picture. | 你们看这张照片 |
[12:18] | Huh? You cropped me out. | 直接把我裁出去了 |
[12:20] | Look. | 看 |
[12:21] | Cropped, to exclude. | 就是为了孤立我 |
[12:24] | I’ve never seen that before. | 我没见过这张照片 |
[12:25] | Yeah, right. | 你觉得我信吗 |
[12:26] | You know what? From now on, | 从今天起 |
[12:28] | I am excluding the two of you. | 我也要孤立你们俩 |
[12:30] | So when you don’t call, | 你们不给我打电话的时候 |
[12:31] | I won’t be available. | 我也没空理你们 |
[12:36] | What was that about? | 这是怎么回事 |
[12:38] | I think he’s mad because I sleep in his bed sometimes. | 我觉得他是在气我有时候在他床上睡觉 |
[12:44] | Oh, good. You’re back. | 好吧 你回来了 |
[12:47] | That’s right. | 没错 |
[12:48] | ‘Cause you’re quitting this job. | 因为你要辞职了 |
[12:50] | No, I’m not. | 我不辞职 |
[12:51] | Yes, you are. | 你要辞职 |
[12:53] | No, I’m not. | 我不辞职 |
[12:54] | Attention. I, Kate Burns, hereby quit this job | 请注意 我 凯特·伯恩斯 现在辞职 |
[12:56] | because I have to go to college. Ha! | 因为我得去上大学 |
[12:58] | It’s official. That’s a verbal contract. | 没法挽回了 这是口头合约 |
[13:02] | Look, Kate, | 凯特 |
[13:04] | I just want you to understand | 我希望你理解 |
[13:06] | that the world is tough, all right? | 世界很残酷 你懂吗 |
[13:07] | You need to give yourself every advantage. | 你得抓住每个优势 |
[13:09] | I mean, look, this might not last. | 这份工作可能持续不下去 |
[13:11] | Stores close, Karens get fired, | 店会倒闭 凯伦会被开除 |
[13:13] | I hope. | 但愿 |
[13:15] | Look, just keep your options open. | 你得多给自己几手准备 |
[13:19] | Mom, you need to leave. You’re making a scene. | 妈 你得走了 大家都在看 |
[13:22] | I know how to handle this. I see it all the time. | 我知道怎么处理 我经常见 |
[13:25] | Senior women get mad about the cute clothes we have. | 好多年纪大的人会嫉妒我们衣服太好看 |
[13:28] | Back off, Karen. You know, you, you are a bad influence. | 别插手 凯伦 你就是不良影响 |
[13:32] | How dare you see potential in my daughter? | 就你也配在我女儿身上看到潜力 |
[13:36] | Ma’am, you’re causing a disturbance, and I called security. | 女士 你在干扰店内秩序 我已经通知保安 |
[13:39] | They’ll be here as soon as their Segway’s done charging. | 他们的平衡车充好电之后就会过来 |
[13:42] | Mom, I’ve made my decision, and all your yelling | 妈 我已经决定了 你再跟我吵 |
[13:44] | is just convincing me even more that I’m right. | 也只是会让我坚持自己的观点 |
[13:46] | So please just go. | 你先走吧 |
[13:48] | Fine. I’ll go. | 好吧 我走 |
[13:50] | But I will leave you with this final thought. | 但是我最后还想送你一句话 |
[13:58] | Little something for you. | 也送你一点 |
[14:03] | Don and my dad | 我爸和老唐 |
[14:04] | acted like they didn’t even know what I was talking about. | 一副根本不知道我在干什么的样子 |
[14:07] | I just have to accept the fact that I am an outsider | 我只能接受我就是个局外人 |
[14:09] | in my own family. | 自己家人孤立我 |
[14:11] | – Oh, honey, that’s not true. – Okay– Andi, | -亲爱的 不是这样的 -安迪 |
[14:13] | the only proof I exist is a picture of my arm. | 唯一证明我存在的就是一张胳膊的照片 |
[14:18] | I mean, even Bigfoot has pictures of his whole body. | 就连大脚怪都有全身照 |
[14:24] | You know that’s just a guy in a furry suit. | 那只是一个穿着毛毛连体衣的人 |
[14:28] | Don’t do this to me tonight, Andi. | 你今晚别跟我抬杠 安迪 |
[14:32] | I am on edge. | 我很崩溃 |
[14:33] | Yeah, well, I’m on edge, too. | 好吧 我也很崩溃 |
[14:35] | Our daughter still isn’t going to college. | 女儿还是不愿意上大学 |
[14:37] | She won’t even take the SATs. | 她连高考都不想去了 |
[14:39] | And me freaking out | 我歇斯底里 |
[14:40] | just made Kate dig her heels in even more. | 反而坚定了她的想法 |
[14:43] | I think I really screwed this up. | 我觉得我搞砸了 |
[14:45] | You want me to talk to her? | 要我跟她聊聊吗 |
[14:47] | No, thanks. I-I started this and I’m gonna finish it. | 没事 事情是我搞出来的 我得解决 |
[14:51] | Okay. Well, just know that I’m here for you. | 好吧 我随时陪着你 |
[14:55] | Hmm? Come here. | 过来 |
[14:56] | Aw. You’re sweet. Come on. | 你真贴心 |
[15:02] | Get off me! They’re taking my boat again! | 放开我 他们又来偷我的船了 |
[15:07] | Ha! I got you! | 抓到你了 |
[15:15] | Lowell? | 洛厄尔 |
[15:16] | You caught me. | 你抓到我了 |
[15:17] | Inside. | 给我进来 |
[15:19] | I don’t even know what to say. | 我都不知道该说什么 |
[15:20] | We were together all day trying to figure out who took my boat. | 我们一整天都在查到底是谁偷了我的船 |
[15:23] | I know, it was so fun. | 是啊 特别有意思 |
[15:27] | Apart from the crippling guilt. | 除了我内心无限的内疚 |
[15:30] | What were you thinking? | 你在想什么 |
[15:32] | Oh, I’ve just been so lonely. | 我实在是太孤独了 |
[15:33] | Then buy your own boat. | 那你自己买船啊 |
[15:37] | No, please, listen. | 不是 你听我说 |
[15:39] | Last week, I met this amazing woman who was into boats, | 上周我认识了一个很喜欢船的女人 |
[15:42] | so to make her like me, I told her I had a boat. | 为了让她喜欢我 我就说我有一艘船 |
[15:45] | Then last night I invited her over to see my boat, | 昨天晚上我邀请她来看我的船 |
[15:48] | at which point I needed a boat. | 所以我就需要一艘船 |
[15:53] | Look, I-I’m not proud of what I did, | 我对自己的行为也很不齿 |
[15:55] | but I was desperate. | 但我太绝望了 |
[15:56] | And to think I almost wore matching hats with you. | 我差点都跟你戴同款帽子了 |
[16:01] | – I’m so sorry. – Oh, are you? | -我很抱歉 -是吗 |
[16:03] | If you’re so sorry, then why are you here trying to steal it again? | 你要是觉得抱歉 你为什么又来偷了 |
[16:08] | Because tonight she surprised me with a booty call. | 因为今天晚上她突然约我上床 |
[16:10] | I knew I couldn’t get the booty without the boat. | 我知道没有船的话肯定没有床上 |
[16:12] | So I told her I loaned it to you. | 所以我就说船借给了你 |
[16:17] | You saw how upset I was about my dad and my brother, | 你看到我因为我爸和老唐的事那么难受 |
[16:20] | and you still didn’t say anything! | 你还是一言不发 |
[16:22] | You know what that is, Lowell? | 你知道这叫什么吗 洛厄尔 |
[16:23] | That is unforgivable. | 这叫无法原谅 |
[16:25] | Lowell, | 洛厄尔 |
[16:26] | I’m getting lonely out here. | 我在外面好孤单 |
[16:30] | Thanks for letting me borrow your boat. | 谢谢你把船借给我 |
[16:49] | Morning, honey. | 早安 亲爱的 |
[16:51] | Hey, Mom. | 早 妈妈 |
[16:53] | Listen, I owe you an apology. | 我欠你一句道歉 |
[16:57] | I-I’ve been putting too much pressure on you about college. | 大学的事我给了你太多压力 |
[17:00] | That became clear to me | 在商场的保安一路把我 |
[17:02] | when mall security followed me to my car. | 撵上了车的时候 就意识到了 |
[17:06] | So… I’m just gonna say | 所以我想说 |
[17:08] | I believe in you, and I support you no matter what. | 我对你有信心 所以你做什么决定我都支持 |
[17:13] | That means a lot, Mom. | 谢谢妈妈 |
[17:15] | And I thought about what you said. | 我也考虑了你说的话 |
[17:18] | At first, I was really mad that you embarrassed me. | 一开始我很生气 你让我很难堪 |
[17:21] | But then I thought you wouldn’t have made such a big deal | 但后来我觉得 如果不是大事 |
[17:24] | if it wasn’t important. | 你肯定不会这样做 |
[17:26] | Anyway, can you give me a ride to the SATs Saturday? | 所以 周六你能送我去高考吗 |
[17:31] | You’re going? | 你要去吗 |
[17:34] | Don’t get too excited. | 别太激动 |
[17:35] | I’m just keeping my options open. | 我只是想多几手准备 |
[17:37] | Too late, I’m excited. | 太晚了 我已经激动了 |
[17:40] | Hugging is coming. | 马上要拥抱你啦 |
[17:43] | Mom. | 妈 |
[17:44] | I feel the hug train leaving the station. | 拥抱号列车已经出站 |
[17:53] | Please, | 别这样 |
[17:54] | please don’t do the train thing. | 你不要学火车好不好 |
[17:57] | All aboard! | 快上车 |
[17:58] | Hug, hug! | 拥抱 拥抱 |
[18:03] | – Okay, but you can’t come to my work anymore. – Deal. | -好吧 但你不能再来店里找我了 -好 |
[18:05] | No, really. There’s a letter from security. | 我说真的 安保都给你写信了 |
[18:13] | “Dark hair, belligerent, mid-30s.” | “深色头发 攻击性强 三十多岁” |
[18:16] | Mid-30. Mid… | 三十多岁… |
[18:23] | I’m gonna frame this. | 我要裱起来 |
[18:28] | Lowell took your boat? | 是洛厄尔偷了你的船吗 |
[18:29] | Yeah, so I’m sorry I accused you of that. | 对 很抱歉我之前错怪了你们 |
[18:35] | And now is when you apologize for always excluding me. | 现在该你们道歉了 不该孤立我 |
[18:40] | Dad and I have to have a private meeting about that. | 我和爸爸得单独开个会讨论一下 |
[18:43] | Can you give us a couple minutes alone? | 你能稍微回避几分钟吗 |
[18:45] | Don, cut it out. | 老唐 别闹了 |
[18:47] | Look, maybe Don and I hang out more than you, | 也许我和老唐一起待着的时间比较长 |
[18:50] | but we don’t mean anything by it. | 但我们并不是有意的 |
[18:52] | All right, well, what about that picture you cropped me out of? | 好吧 那张照片把我裁了算怎么回事 |
[18:54] | According to that, you have one son with three arms. | 看那张照片 你家儿子长了三支胳膊 |
[18:57] | I did that. I put it on Dad’s shelf a month ago as a joke. | 那是我干的 我一个月前开玩笑放上去的 |
[19:01] | There’s another one in your wallet. | 你的钱包里也有一张 |
[19:02] | Shows you how little you pick up a check, by the way. | 看来你很少付钱 对不对 |
[19:05] | Fine, forget the picture. | 好吧 不提照片的事 |
[19:07] | Dad, you’re always inviting Don over here to do stuff. | 爸 你总叫老唐过来 |
[19:09] | I don’t invite him. He’s just always here. | 我没叫他 是他自己总来 |
[19:12] | He’s like a cat I fed one time. | 他就像我喂过一次的流浪猫一样 |
[19:16] | Well, then I’ll just stay, too. | 好吧 那我也在这里待着 |
[19:21] | Yeah. Huh. | 就这样 |
[19:34] | Don, give Adam your snacks. | 老唐 把零食给亚当 |
[19:39] | But I invented these. | 可这是我发明的 |
[19:40] | It’s Tater Tots with cheese and hot sauce. | 这是土豆球加芝士和辣酱 |
[19:42] | I call ’em Tater Dons. | 我称之为老唐土豆 |
[19:44] | Hand ’em over, Donny. | 给他 老唐 |
[19:50] | Yeah. This is nice, the three of us hanging out together. | 感觉还不错 我们三个人一起玩 |
[19:54] | Yeah. We’re family. | 是啊 我们是家人 |
[19:56] | You want a beer, son? | 想喝啤酒吗 儿子 |
[19:58] | I would love one, Dad. | 很想喝 爸爸 |
[20:00] | Grab three while you’re up. | 那你去拿三瓶吧 |
[20:04] | You know, I was thinking, | 其实我在想 |
[20:06] | I-I’m not sure the opposite of doormat is door. | 也许门垫的反义词不是门 |
[20:12] | The point is, it worked. Okay? | 无所谓 反正成功了 |
[20:13] | You got Katie back on board with college. | 凯特也继续考虑大学了 |
[20:15] | Yeah. And you figured out who took your boat. | 是啊 你也搞清楚是谁偷了你的船 |
[20:17] | Mm. Yeah– th-the only thing I can’t figure out | 我唯一想不通的就是 |
[20:19] | is where’d that second blue captain’s hat come from? | 第二顶蓝色的帽子是怎么回事 |
[20:22] | Oh, you found that? | 你发现了吗 |
[20:24] | I got that for you as a surprise. | 那是我给你准备的惊喜 |
[20:25] | I thought it’d be cute if you and your dad had matching hats. | 我觉得你和你爸有同款帽子还挺好的 |
[20:31] | So Dad and I have a hat that Don doesn’t. | 所以我和爸爸有一顶老唐没有的帽子 |
[20:36] | Nice job, honey. | 干得漂亮 亲爱的 |