时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:01] | Okay, Lowell, since this is your first foreclosure auction, | 洛厄尔 这是你第一次参加银行回收房拍卖会 |
[00:03] | I need to go over a few rules. | 我得帮你过几条规矩 |
[00:05] | The most important thing | 最重要的就是 |
[00:07] | don’t raise your hands, | 别把手举起来 |
[00:08] | or they’ll think you’re bidding. | 不然他们会以为你在竞价 |
[00:09] | Keep them at your side the whole time. | 要随时把手放在身体两侧 |
[00:11] | Got it, hands at my side. | 明白 手放在身体两侧 |
[00:12] | Just like sex. | 跟做爱时一样 |
[00:16] | Okay, bad news. | 坏消息 |
[00:17] | They’re out of breakfast tacos. | 早餐墨西哥卷饼卖完了 |
[00:18] | I saw you wolf down three by the trash can. | 我看到你在垃圾桶旁狂吃了三个 |
[00:20] | That’s why they ran out. | 所以才卖完了 |
[00:23] | So, this next house looks perfect for us to flip. | 接下来这个房子感觉很适合翻新倒卖 |
[00:25] | It has a great yard and a bay window. | 庭院不错 还有飘窗 |
[00:27] | What? No, Don, I picked the house | 什么 老唐 我们要拍的房子 |
[00:29] | we’re bidding on a week ago. | 我一周前就选好了 |
[00:30] | But I want this house. | 但我想要这个房子 |
[00:31] | Well, I want a taco. | 那我还想要墨西哥卷饼呢 |
[00:32] | Life’s full of disappointments. | 生活充满了失望 |
[00:36] | Okay, guys. | 好了各位 |
[00:36] | We’re back. Next up, lot 48. | 拍卖继续 接下来是48号房产 |
[00:39] | – This is the one. – No, it’s not. | -就是这个 -不是 |
[00:41] | We’ll start the bidding off at 35. | 起拍价是三万五 |
[00:42] | How about $35,000 right here? | 现场有人出价三万五吗 |
[00:45] | Hit me. | 来一下 |
[00:47] | 35 to the tall guy in the back of the room… | 后方高个子先生出价三万五 |
[00:50] | What are you doing? | 你要干什么 |
[00:51] | I’m buying a house. | 我要买个房子 |
[00:53] | The lady here’s our next top bidder at 36! | 这位女士出价三万六 |
[00:56] | Hit me. | 来一下 |
[00:57] | 37 to the tall guy! How about 38? | 高个子出价三万七 有人出三万八吗 |
[01:00] | You say that again, and I will– I will hit you. | 你再说一次 我就真给你来一下 |
[01:03] | This is not the house we’re buying, Don. | 这不是我们要买的房子 老唐 |
[01:06] | 38 to the lady. How about 39? | 女士出价三万八 有人出三万九吗 |
[01:08] | Okay, good, she outbid you. Now give me the paddle. | 好了 她出价比你高了 把牌子给我 |
[01:09] | Give it to me right now. | 赶紧给我 |
[01:11] | – Fine. – Thank you. | -好吧 -谢谢 |
[01:13] | Hit me. | 来一下 |
[01:15] | Ma’am? | 女士 |
[01:17] | Sold to the tall guy and his little buddy! | 高个子和他的小个子搭档成交 |
[01:26] | Bev, this is fun! | 贝芙 这样真好 |
[01:27] | I never get one-on-one time with my mother-in-law. | 我很少能跟婆婆这样单独相处 |
[01:30] | Well, I just wanted to let you know that… I know. | 我只是想告诉你 我知道了 |
[01:36] | Ah, you’re gonna have to be more specific. | 你得说得再具体一点 |
[01:37] | I have a lot of secrets. | 我秘密很多 |
[01:41] | About my birthday. | 我生日的事 |
[01:43] | I mean, I haven’t heard about any plans, | 我没有听到任何计划 |
[01:45] | so it’s obviously a surprise party. | 所以很明显是惊喜派对 |
[01:50] | Well, yeah, obviously. | 当然 |
[01:53] | And the only one thoughtful enough to plan that for me | 唯一细心到会帮我筹备的人 |
[01:56] | is my favorite person. | 肯定是我最喜欢的人 |
[01:58] | You. | 你 |
[02:00] | I’m… your favorite person? | 我是你最喜欢的人吗 |
[02:03] | You know we have a special bond. | 你知道我们之间有特殊的联系 |
[02:05] | I’ve always felt it. | 我一直能感觉到 |
[02:07] | I just, I wasn’t sure you did. | 只是不确定你也有同感 |
[02:08] | I definitely do. | 我当然有感觉 |
[02:09] | I always have time for you. Aw. | 我永远有时间陪你 |
[02:11] | I got to run. | 我得走了 |
[02:14] | But thank you, and I know you’ll do great. | 不过先谢谢你 我知道你一定能做好 |
[02:16] | Oh, I am gonna throw the best party ever | 我一定会努力筹办出最棒的派对 |
[02:18] | for the lady who likes me the best. | 送给最喜欢我的女士 |
[02:22] | Hey, Bev? | 贝芙 |
[02:23] | How old are you gonna be? | 你过完生日之后多大了 |
[02:24] | That’s not the way to start. | 这可不是个好开头 |
[02:30] | I know you guys are in the middle of a fight, | 我知道你们在吵架 |
[02:31] | but thanks for stopping at the mini-mart. | 不过谢谢你们在小超市停了一下 |
[02:33] | They don’t let you add Mountain Dew at the one by my house. | 我家附近的那家店不让加威士忌酒 |
[02:37] | What were you thinking? | 你到底在想什么 |
[02:38] | I should have a say in which house we pick. | 我们要拍的房子我应该也有话语权 |
[02:40] | Last week when I showed you the house I wanted, | 上周我给你看我想要的房子时 |
[02:42] | you didn’t have any thoughts. | 你可没提什么想法 |
[02:44] | I didn’t have any thoughts then. | 因为我当时没有想法 |
[02:46] | I can’t control when thoughts happen. | 想法什么时候来我可控制不了 |
[02:47] | Only Jesus can do that. | 只有上帝能做到 |
[02:50] | You know what would cheer you up? | 你知道你怎样会开心吗 |
[02:51] | A little slushy. | 来一口冰沙 |
[02:54] | I get a vote. I’m a partner. | 我有投票权 我是合伙人 |
[02:56] | Okay, you’re right. | 好吧 你说得对 |
[02:58] | That’s fair. | 有道理 |
[03:04] | Oh, no. | 天啊 |
[03:05] | Don, here’s a napkin. | 老唐 给你纸巾 |
[03:06] | No, don’t help him, Lowell. | 你别帮他 洛厄尔 |
[03:08] | Let it be cold. | 就让他冷着 |
[03:22] | Hey, I’m throwing your mom a birthday party. | 我要给你妈妈办一个生日派对 |
[03:25] | Why? | 为什么 |
[03:28] | Because she told me to. | 因为她让我办 |
[03:31] | But… I just need something to push it over the top. | 但是我需要想到一个很特别的点子 |
[03:33] | So, do you have any interest | 你是否有兴趣 |
[03:37] | in being part of a barbershop quartet with me? | 跟我一起表演理发店四重唱 |
[03:44] | I’ve had a rough morning, Andi. | 我今天早上过得很不顺 安迪 |
[03:47] | I can’t even pretend to think that’s a good idea. | 我都无法假装称赞你这个馊主意 |
[03:56] | What happened at that auction? | 拍卖会发生什么事 |
[03:58] | Did you get a lap dance from a Smurf? | 一只蓝精灵给你跳了个大腿舞吗 |
[04:03] | Don bought a house we didn’t agree on, | 老唐买了一个我们没商量过的房子 |
[04:05] | so he got a slushy in his lap. | 所以腿上就被洒了冰沙 |
[04:07] | That’s right, I cold-crotched him. | 没错 我给他来了一招”冻裆术” |
[04:12] | Don’s house doesn’t look bad. | 老唐的房子看起来也不错 |
[04:13] | It’s got a cute bay window. | 有个很可爱的飘窗 |
[04:18] | Thank you, Andi. | 谢谢你安迪 |
[04:19] | He wouldn’t even consider it. | 他连考虑都不考虑 |
[04:21] | He thinks he gets to pick all the houses. | 他觉得所有房子都该他来选 |
[04:23] | We’ve been doing it like that ever since | 自从我们开始干这一行 |
[04:24] | we started flipping houses. | 就一直是这样的啊 |
[04:25] | We have a system. | 这是我们的体制 |
[04:27] | Well, I think your system stinks. | 我觉得你的体制很烂 |
[04:29] | Since when? | 什么时候开始的 |
[04:30] | Since I’ve been going to therapy. | 从我去看心理医生之后 |
[04:34] | Dr. Felicia thinks I should be more assertive. | 菲利希亚医生认为我应该更坚定 |
[04:37] | And if you don’t like that, then I’d be happy | 如果你有意见的话 我很愿意 |
[04:38] | to assert my foot into your butt. | 把我的脚坚定地踢在你屁股上 |
[04:42] | Oh, yeah? | 是吗 |
[04:43] | Well, I’d fight you right now, but I don’t want to get | 我很乐意跟你打一架 但是我不希望 |
[04:45] | that blue stuff on my nice auction shirt. | 我穿去拍卖会的好衣服被你弄脏 |
[04:48] | Come on, you don’t get it, man. | 你不理解 |
[04:50] | I’m trying to work on myself. | 我是想好好感受自己 |
[04:51] | If you want to work on yourself, do it in the bathroom | 你要是想感受自己 应该跟大家一样 |
[04:53] | when your wife’s not home like the rest of us! | 在老婆不在的时候 去浴室里好好感受 |
[05:00] | Hey, Joe. Hey. | 乔 |
[05:02] | Do you mind if I, uh, if I look at your wedding album? | 你介不介意 我看一下你们的婚礼相册 |
[05:05] | I want to recreate the cake for Bev’s birthday party. | 我想在贝芙生日的时候重现一下婚礼蛋糕 |
[05:09] | Oh, and I’m throwing it because I’m her favorite person in the world. | 派对由我来操办 因为我是她最喜欢的人 |
[05:13] | Sorry you had to hear that from me. | 抱歉这个消息由我来告诉你 |
[05:16] | So you’re really trying to impress her, huh? | 你想让她大开眼界是吗 |
[05:18] | Oh, I am gonna knock her socks off. Yeah. | 我会让她吃惊到袜子都飞出去 |
[05:20] | She doesn’t get impressed. | 她不会为任何事大开眼界 |
[05:22] | Sorry you had to hear that from me. | 抱歉由我来告诉你这个消息 |
[05:25] | Look, I know that she has high standards, but | 我知道她标准很高 但是 |
[05:28] | I bet with your help I could nail it. | 有你帮我 我一定能做好 |
[05:31] | Not interested. | 我没兴趣 |
[05:34] | But the party needs to be perfect | 但是派对必须很完美 |
[05:35] | or she’ll be disappointed. | 否则她会很失望 |
[05:36] | Yeah, in you. If I try to help, | 是对你失望 要是我帮忙 |
[05:39] | she’ll be disappointed in both of us. | 她就会对我们两个人都失望 |
[05:41] | You’re in the shark’s mouth. | 你进了鲨鱼的嘴里 |
[05:42] | I’m still swimming. | 而我还在游泳 |
[05:49] | Hey. Hey, honey. | 亲爱的 |
[05:50] | I just spent the last two hours at the party store picking | 我之前在派对店挑了俩小时 |
[05:53] | the perfect color scheme for your mom’s birthday. | 想给你妈妈的生日派对选个主题色 |
[05:55] | Well, anything but red, and she’ll be fine. | 只要不是红色 都没问题 |
[06:02] | Ah, it’ll be okay. | 没事的 |
[06:03] | We’ll just get her drunk. | 我们灌醉她就好了 |
[06:08] | Have you talked to Don yet? | 你跟老唐聊过了吗 |
[06:09] | Nope. | 没有 |
[06:10] | And I don’t plan on it. | 我也不打算聊 |
[06:11] | He didn’t respect the system. | 他对体制不敬 |
[06:12] | What system? It’s two guys in a truck | 什么体制 不就是两个人在房车里 |
[06:14] | throwing slushies at each other. | 互相朝对方扔冰沙吗 |
[06:17] | Look, honey, this company is my responsibility. | 亲爱的 公司是我的责任 |
[06:20] | It supports our family, Don’s family, | 要靠它养活我们家 老唐家 |
[06:22] | Lowell’s ex-wife and her new family. | 洛厄尔的前妻和她的新家庭 |
[06:26] | It’s a lot of pressure. | 压力很大的 |
[06:27] | Heavy is the head that wears the crown, Andi. | 欲戴王冠 必承其重 安迪 |
[06:30] | Look, I-I agree with you, okay? | 我同意你的看法 |
[06:33] | He was way out of line to buy that house. | 他擅自买那个房子确实过分了 |
[06:35] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[06:37] | But you have to work together. | 但是你们得一起合作 |
[06:39] | So, be the mature one | 所以你就成熟一点 |
[06:41] | and just apologize for not listening to his idea. | 跟他道个歉 就说你不该不听他的想法 |
[06:44] | Apologize? | 道歉 |
[06:47] | He owes me an apology. | 他才应该跟我道歉 |
[06:49] | And I am not letting this go until I get one. | 除非他道歉 否则这事过不去 |
[06:51] | – Adam… – What, no, you know, everyone | -亚当 -你知道吗 大家都同情他 |
[06:53] | feels sorry for him because he has those big, sad eyes. | 因为他的眼睛又大又忧伤 |
[06:57] | Well, my eyes may be small and beady, | 虽然我的眼睛又小又圆 |
[06:59] | but there is love behind them! | 但是后面充满了爱 |
[07:04] | So, how do you plan on resolving things with Adam? | 你打算怎么解决跟亚当之间的事 |
[07:06] | It’s simple– he’s gonna apologize. | 很简单 他会向我道歉 |
[07:08] | That’s right, baby. | 没错 宝贝 |
[07:09] | It’s the new me. | 这就是全新的我 |
[07:11] | Same great body, new great attitude. | 同样的身体 不同的态度 |
[07:14] | Look at him go. | 看他多厉害 |
[07:16] | Is this a fold-out couch? | 你这是折叠式沙发吗 |
[07:17] | If so, I’m gonna have to ask you | 如果是的话 我想请你 |
[07:18] | to leave the room for ten minutes, Doctor. | 离开房间十分钟 医生 |
[07:22] | Make it five. | 五分钟就够了 |
[07:30] | Hi, Teddy– oh, no. | 泰迪 我去 |
[07:34] | You got to start calling me before parties. | 下次派对之前你得给我打个电话 |
[07:39] | Look, I know you’re mad, | 我知道你很生气 |
[07:40] | but you did invite Don to the party, right? | 但是你邀请老唐来参加派对了吧 |
[07:42] | I invited Marcy. | 我邀请了玛茜 |
[07:44] | If she wants to bring her pet Sasquatch, | 要是她想带她养的那只大脚怪 |
[07:45] | that’s up to her. | 我也没意见 |
[07:48] | Okay, that’s the last one. | 好了 这是最后一次了 |
[07:50] | It was a really good one… Yeah. | 虽然真的很好笑 |
[07:51] | – It’s good, right? – But it’s the last one! | -好笑吧 -但这是最后一次了 |
[07:56] | I think you look good. | 我觉得你这身挺好看 |
[07:57] | I’m surprised Baby Gap had your size. | 没想到盖普童装区还有你的号 |
[08:01] | Shows what you know. | 这你就不知道了吧 |
[08:02] | I got this at grown-up Gap. | 我这是在盖普成人区买的 |
[08:06] | So, did you talk to Don yet? | 你跟老唐聊过了吗 |
[08:07] | I’m not talking to him until he apologizes. | 除非他道歉 否则我不跟他聊 |
[08:10] | Don’t make me choose sides. | 别逼我选边站 |
[08:11] | I pick you. | 我选你 |
[08:12] | Good. | 很好 |
[08:18] | Hello, Don. | 老唐 |
[08:19] | Hello, Adam. | 亚当 |
[08:21] | You have something to say to me? | 你有话要跟我说吗 |
[08:22] | You have something to say to me? | 你有话要跟我说吗 |
[08:24] | Yes. | 有 |
[08:25] | But my thing is “I accept your apology.” | 但我要说的是”我接受你的道歉” |
[08:27] | And I can’t say it until you say your thing. | 所以你得先说 不然我说不了 |
[08:29] | Okay, hey! | 好了 |
[08:32] | Hey, you two need to get it together. | 你们两个控制一下 |
[08:34] | Okay, this is your mother’s birthday. | 这是你们妈妈的生日派对 |
[08:35] | It is not about you. | 你们不是重点 |
[08:36] | It’s about me. | 这是我的主场 |
[08:40] | Look alive, everyone, she’s inbound! | 都精神点 她马上就到了 |
[08:45] | Why is Teddy dressed like Lowell’s ventriloquist dummy? | 为什么泰迪看起来就像洛厄尔的腹语玩偶 |
[08:51] | Surprise! | 惊喜 |
[08:52] | Oh, my lands. A surprise party just for me? | 我的天哪 为我举办的惊喜派对 |
[08:56] | I did not expect this. | 我完全没想到 |
[09:00] | Joe, do you see her socks? | 乔 你看到她的袜子了吗 |
[09:02] | I don’t. | 我看不到了 |
[09:03] | I think they may have been knocked off. | 是不是被我惊得飞出去了呀 |
[09:06] | Andi, everything looks beautiful. | 安迪 一切都很漂亮 |
[09:08] | Aw, thank you, Bev. | 谢谢你 贝芙 |
[09:10] | And it was so smart of you | 而且你真聪明 |
[09:11] | to save money by not buying flowers. | 省下了买花的钱 |
[09:16] | And away we go. | 开始了 |
[09:19] | Looks like she had a second pair of socks on. | 看来她还有一副备用袜子 |
[09:24] | Here you go, Marcy, have a shrimp. | 来 玛茜 吃个虾吧 |
[09:26] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[09:28] | All right, here’s one for you, too. | 来 也给你一个 |
[09:34] | Okay, everyone, you’ll want to gather round. | 好了 请大家一起聚过来 |
[09:37] | This is gonna be pretty magical. | 这一幕可梦幻了 |
[09:39] | Bev? | 贝芙 |
[09:40] | I had Sweet Treats bakery | 我让甜心蛋糕店 |
[09:42] | recreate the cake from your wedding. | 翻版制作了你的结婚蛋糕 |
[09:46] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[09:48] | I’ve never tried Sweet Treats. | 我没吃过甜心蛋糕店的东西 |
[09:50] | I’ve always just gone to my favorite bakery. | 一直去的都是我最爱的蛋糕店 |
[09:54] | Sorry, honey, looks like you brought a cake to a gunfight. | 遗憾了 亲爱的 看来你带个蛋糕打枪战了 |
[09:59] | 86 the cake, kids. | 驱逐蛋糕 孩子们 |
[10:00] | 86, go, go, go. | 驱逐 走走走 |
[10:01] | This is exciting. | 这可真令人兴奋 |
[10:03] | What next, Andi? | 接下来是什么 安迪 |
[10:04] | Okay. | 好的 |
[10:07] | I am dying here. Y-You got to give a toast. | 我要死了 你快举杯祝酒 |
[10:10] | I’m not in the mood. | 我没那个心情 |
[10:11] | Everyone, Adam would like to say a few words. | 各位 亚当有话要说 |
[10:13] | – Go, go, go. – All right. | -上上上 -好吧 |
[10:14] | All right! All right. | 行了 行了 |
[10:18] | I would like to talk about the reason we’re all here. | 我想说一下今晚的主角 |
[10:21] | Bev Burns | 贝芙·伯恩斯 |
[10:22] | is a wonderful woman. | 是一个出色的女人 |
[10:24] | She is dependable, trustworthy, loyal. | 她可靠 可信赖 忠诚 |
[10:28] | I guess you could say | 我想可以这样说 |
[10:29] | she is the opposite of Don. | 老唐就是她的反面教材 |
[10:34] | I’d also like to make a toast. | 我也想举杯祝酒 |
[10:38] | To Beverly Burns, | 致贝芙丽·伯恩斯 |
[10:39] | a woman so perfect, her only mistake was having a second son. | 完美的女人 一生只犯过一个错误 要了二胎 |
[10:46] | Objection. I would like to make a rebuttal toast. | 反对 我要举杯反驳一轮 |
[10:49] | Okay. No more toasts. | 好了 别再祝酒了 |
[10:51] | It’s okay, Andi. I-I think they’re just upset | 没关系 安迪 他们可能是因为 |
[10:53] | because of all the red plates. | 这些红色盘子才生气 |
[10:55] | It’s an angry color. | 这个颜色特别容易激怒人 |
[10:59] | You know what? Burns Brothers Construction | 我告诉你 伯恩斯兄弟建筑公司 |
[11:01] | will not be flipping that house. | 不会翻修那栋房子 |
[11:02] | We will sell it at a loss and move on. | 我们会赔钱把它卖掉 翻页了 |
[11:05] | I’ll do it on my own, then. | 那我就自己搞 |
[11:07] | Ha! I don’t know how you’re gonna do it without me, | 看你没有我怎么做 |
[11:08] | since I hire all the subs and do the budgets. | 所有员工都是我找的 预算是我做的 |
[11:11] | Oh. Actually, I do the budget. | 事实上 预算是我做的 |
[11:14] | Not now, Tall Teddy! | 时机不对 高个泰迪 |
[11:21] | You owe me an apology. | 你欠我一句道歉 |
[11:22] | You want an apology? Mm-hmm. | 你想听道歉 |
[11:24] | Oh, here he goes. Bring the thunder, baby. | 开始了 让暴风雨来的更猛烈些吧 宝贝 |
[11:27] | Okay, here’s your apology. | 好 道歉你听好了 |
[11:29] | I’m sorry I ever worked with you. I quit. | 抱歉 我曾经跟你共事过 我不干了 |
[11:33] | You’re quitting? | 你要不干了 |
[11:34] | The family business we started 20 years ago. | 放弃我们二十年前开始的家族企业 |
[11:36] | You’re gonna quit that? | 你要放弃了吗 |
[11:37] | Yeah, what’s the matter? | 对 怎么了 |
[11:39] | You didn’t hear me over the thunder? | 暴风雨太猛烈 耳朵不好使了吗 |
[11:46] | ♪ Happy birthday… ♪ | 祝你生日 |
[11:47] | It’s over, honey. | 结束了 亲爱的 |
[11:55] | Y-You have to do something. You can’t just let him quit. | 你做点什么啊 不能让他不干了 |
[11:58] | It’s not a problem. No. | 不是问题 没事 |
[12:00] | I’ll just hire someone else to eat all the tacos. | 我再雇个人把卷饼都吃光就好了 |
[12:04] | Why did you quit? | 你为什么辞职 |
[12:06] | You told me to bring the thunder. | 你让我暴风雨更猛烈啊 |
[12:09] | I just meant talk louder, like-like thunder. | 我说的是音量猛烈点 像打雷一样 |
[12:14] | Don, you can’t quit. | 老唐 你不能辞职 |
[12:16] | Lowell, don’t talk to him. Come over here. | 洛厄尔 别跟他说话 过来 |
[12:20] | Don’t go to him, come to me. | 别去找他 到我这来 |
[12:22] | I have candy. | 我有糖哦 |
[12:25] | What kind? No. | 什么糖 不对 |
[12:29] | I feel like a kid stuck in the middle, | 我感觉自己像左右为难的小孩 |
[12:31] | and it’s worse because I’m dressed like one. | 更糟糕的是 我穿得也像小孩 |
[12:34] | All right, that’s it. | 好了 够了 |
[12:36] | I was trying to hold my tongue about this party. | 我本来想对这次派对不予置评的 |
[12:39] | You were? | 是吗 |
[12:43] | But now my birthday will always be the day | 可现在我的生日将成为 |
[12:47] | my boys’ relationship ended. | 我儿子们恩断义绝的日子 |
[12:50] | I guess that’s what I got instead of flowers. | 看来这就是替代鲜花赠我的礼物 |
[12:55] | Okay. I-I used the flower budget | 好吧 我用买花的钱 |
[12:57] | to recreate a wedding cake from the ’60s. | 重制了六十年代的婚礼蛋糕 |
[12:59] | Does no one see that? | 没人注意到吗 |
[13:02] | Come on, Joe. | 走吧 老乔 |
[13:04] | Oh, goodie. | 好滴 |
[13:05] | Look who gets to drive her home. | 看看谁惨到送她回家 |
[13:14] | What are you doing out here? | 你在干嘛呢 |
[13:16] | Can’t sleep ’cause you’re upset about Don? | 睡不着 被老唐气的吗 |
[13:18] | What– I’m not, I’m not upset. | 什么 我没 没生气啊 |
[13:21] | I’m working on the lawn mower. Needed a rebuild. | 我在修割草机 需要重装一遍 |
[13:26] | By 3 in the morning? | 凌晨三点的时候吗 |
[13:29] | I like to do it when the grass is sleeping. | 我想在草坪睡觉的时候修 |
[13:35] | Honey, look, it’s okay to be emotional. Okay? | 亲爱的 有情绪是很正常的事 |
[13:38] | I mean, you didn’t just lose your business partner, | 你现在不仅失去了工作伙伴 |
[13:40] | you lost your best friend. | 还失去了最好的朋友 |
[13:41] | Okay, he can’t be my best friend | 他才不会是我最好的朋友 |
[13:42] | because a best friend wouldn’t quit on me. | 因为最好的朋友 不会放弃我 |
[13:46] | Honey, h-here’s the thing. Okay? | 亲爱的 是这样的 |
[13:49] | He doesn’t like the way things have been, so you have a choice. | 他也不希望结局是这样 你还有别的选择 |
[13:51] | Would you rather be alone and make all the decisions, | 你想孤军奋战 还是做更好的选择 |
[13:54] | or have your brother back? | 跟你的哥哥重归于好 |
[13:57] | Well, it’s not like I like making all the decisions. | 又不是我喜欢做所有的决定 |
[14:01] | If this business goes belly-up, it’s on me. | 要是生意完蛋了 责任就在我身上 |
[14:04] | I make all the decisions | 决定都是我做的 |
[14:05] | because I have all the pressure. | 因为压力都在我身上 |
[14:07] | I know he’s the older brother, but I’ve always been the one | 我知道他是哥哥 可真正管事情的 |
[14:09] | who took care of everything. | 一直都是我 |
[14:11] | I just think maybe you should | 我只是觉得你应该 |
[14:12] | try and see it from Don’s point of view. | 听听老唐的想法 |
[14:14] | Okay. I’m gonna need a ladder and a lobotomy. | 好的 先给我个提子 再做个脑叶切断术 |
[14:19] | Look, Don and I don’t talk about that kind of stuff. | 听着 我和老唐不会谈这种事 |
[14:22] | Well, I think you’re gonna have to try. | 你们试试呗 |
[14:24] | What? I wouldn’t even know how. | 什么 我都不知道怎么做 |
[14:27] | Well, luckily, we have Dr. Felicia. | 幸好我们有菲利希亚医生 |
[14:31] | That’s right. | 没错 |
[14:32] | You and Don are going to couples therapy. | 你和老唐去做夫妻情感咨询 |
[14:35] | No… | 不要 |
[14:37] | Okay, boys. | 好的 小伙子们 |
[14:38] | I booked Dr. Felicia’s whole afternoon. | 我预定了菲利希亚医生的整个下午 |
[14:41] | You are not coming out until this is solved. | 问题解决之前 你们不能出门 |
[14:44] | I’m not doing therapy with him. | 我才不跟他做咨询 |
[14:46] | I don’t do what anybody says. It’s the new me. | 我不听别人的 这是全新的我 |
[14:48] | Well, I’m still the old me, and you’re staying. | 可我还是从前的我 你给我待着 |
[14:52] | Oh, yeah? Well, I’ll tell you what, Marcy. | 是吗 你给我听着 玛茜 |
[14:55] | I’ll stay. | 我待着呢 |
[15:01] | What are you doing? | 你干嘛呢 |
[15:02] | That’s the “before” picture. | 这是咨询前的照片 |
[15:04] | And I will get my “after.” | 一定会得到咨询后的照片 |
[15:07] | Sounds like we have a lot to talk about today. | 看来我们今天要谈的不少 |
[15:09] | How is this supposed to work? | 这要怎么咨询 |
[15:11] | You’re a marriage counselor, and we’re brothers. | 你是管夫妻的 我们是兄弟 |
[15:13] | A sibling relationship has a lot in common | 兄弟姐妹之间的关系 |
[15:15] | with a spousal relationship, | 和伴侣的关系很相似 |
[15:16] | so I’m gonna treat you like a married couple. | 所以我要把你们当夫妻咨询 |
[15:19] | -He’s the wife. -He’s the wife | -他是妻子 -他是妻子 |
[15:21] | You know, none of this would’ve happened | 要是你能劝得动他 |
[15:23] | if you hadn’t gotten in his head. | 就不会有这种事了 |
[15:24] | Or none of this would have happened | 或者如果你能和哥哥好好沟通 |
[15:26] | if you were able to communicate with your brother. | 就不会有这种事了 |
[15:28] | If we’re keeping score, that’s one for me. | 我们要是计分的话 我得一分了 |
[15:31] | How many times have I told you | 我跟你说了多少次了 |
[15:32] | that we don’t keep score in here? | 这里不计分数 |
[15:34] | Okay, that’s one for Felicia. | 好吧 菲利希亚得一分 |
[15:39] | Why is it so hard for you two to talk about your feelings? | 为什么你俩说出感受这么难呢 |
[15:42] | That’s not how we were raised. | 我们从小接受的就是这种教育 |
[15:44] | Our dad always told us to rub some dirt on it and walk it off. | 我们的老爸总说 伤口上盖把土 忍忍就过去了 |
[15:48] | Your dad taught you to rub dirt on your feelings? | 你们的爸爸让你们在感受上盖土 |
[15:52] | Interesting. | 有意思 |
[15:55] | What am I doing here? | 让我来干嘛 |
[15:56] | I was home watching golf. | 我在家看高尔夫呢 |
[15:59] | Joe, we want to learn what was missing from their upbringing | 乔 我们想了解一下 在他们成长的过程中 |
[16:01] | that makes it so difficult for them to have a real conversation. | 缺失了什么 才让他们无法正常交流 |
[16:06] | Oh… so it’s a hit job, huh? | 在这等着我呢 |
[16:09] | Well, I didn’t raise them alone, you know. | 可不是我一个人把他们养大的 |
[16:13] | So it’s “blame the mother” time. | 看来现在是”全都怪妈妈”时间 |
[16:16] | Let me tell you something, “Dr.” Felicia… | 我这么和你说 菲利希亚”医生” |
[16:19] | I’m a real doctor, so no need for the quotes. | 我是真医生 不用加引号 |
[16:22] | My husband and I taught the boys wonderful communication. | 我和老公教会了儿子们出色的沟通能力 |
[16:26] | We never had a problem with that. We have a system. | 从来没有过问题 这是我们的体制 |
[16:29] | Wha– You guys have a system, too? | 你们也有体制 |
[16:31] | Yeah, I make all the decisions, and if she disagrees, | 对 决定都由我来做 如果她不同意 |
[16:34] | she throws a pork chop at my head. | 就朝我脑袋扔块猪排 |
[16:37] | A-And you’re okay with that? | 你接受了吗 |
[16:39] | Yes. That’s our system. | 接受 这是我们制度 |
[16:41] | It’s my job to look out for her. | 照顾她是我的责任 |
[16:43] | If this family ends up living under a bridge, it’s all on me. | 如果这个家庭翻车了 错都在我 |
[16:48] | Heavy is the head that wears the crown. | 欲戴王冠 是得必承其重 |
[16:50] | Adam, it sounds like some of this is resonating for you. | 亚当 听起来你很有感触 |
[16:53] | Yeah. | 对 |
[16:54] | I-It makes sense. | 这就说得通了 |
[16:56] | At the auction, I made all the decisions, a-and, Don, | 拍卖的时候 决定都由我来做 而老唐 |
[17:00] | the house you bought was the pork chop you threw at my head. | 你买的房子 就是扔在我头上的猪排 |
[17:05] | So I am the wife. | 所以我真是妻子 |
[17:08] | Bev, do you think your system was healthy | 贝芙 你觉得这个体制 |
[17:10] | for your boys or your relationship? | 对你的孩子们和你的婚姻来说健康吗 |
[17:12] | Married 53 years. | 结婚53年了 |
[17:14] | I’m guessing you’re a single gal, “Doctor.” | 你肯定还单身”医生” |
[17:19] | We’re not keeping score, but that’s one for my mom. | 虽然我们不计分数 但这分我妈赢了 |
[17:25] | I don’t want to fight anymore, | 我不想再吵了 |
[17:26] | so we need to have a real conversation. | 所以我们需要真正的沟通 |
[17:29] | With feelings and everything. | 带谈情感的那种 |
[17:32] | Maybe you’re the wife. | 也许你才是妻子 |
[17:36] | I-I don’t care. I don’t see another way. | 我不管 没别的办法了 |
[17:38] | Look… if you want to make more decisions at work, | 听着 如果你希望在工作中有更多的决定权 |
[17:42] | I’m good with that. | 我同意了 |
[17:43] | Really? That means a lot. | 真的吗 意义重大 |
[17:46] | Yeah, I mean, I got so bent out of shape about you | 我对你和那栋房子之所以会大发雷霆 |
[17:48] | and that house because I feel so much pressure about the business. | 是因为我在工作中的压力太大了 |
[17:53] | But I’d be willing to share that with you. | 我很愿意分给你一些 |
[17:56] | The pressure? | 压力吗 |
[18:00] | Yeah. And the decisions. | 对 还有决定权 |
[18:03] | But to get the decisions, I also have to have the pressure? | 可要决定权 就得承担责任吗 |
[18:10] | Yeah. That’s the way it works. | 对 事情就是这样的 |
[18:12] | So that’s what you’ve been dealing with all these years? | 所以这些年你一直在吼 是因为这个吗 |
[18:14] | Pretty much. | 差不多吧 |
[18:17] | Well, listen, now that I understand it, | 我现在真的理解了 |
[18:19] | I really appreciate what you do. | 感谢你的付出 |
[18:21] | Oh… And I think you should keep doing it. | 我觉得你应该继续坚持下去 |
[18:25] | Really? | 真的吗 |
[18:29] | Yeah. | 对 |
[18:30] | Yeah, the new Don didn’t think this through. | 对 新老唐想法不太成熟 |
[18:37] | So we’re good? | 我们和好了吗 |
[18:39] | We’re good. Let’s hug it out. | 和好了 抱一个吧 |
[18:42] | Really? Here? You… | 真的吗 在这吗 你 |
[18:43] | You don’t want to do that in the garage? | 你不想去车库再搞这套吗 |
[18:47] | I’m not afraid. I’ll do it right here, right now. | 我不怕 我此时此刻就要抱 |
[18:49] | Come on. Hug your husband. | 来 抱抱老公 |
[19:00] | Andi. | 安迪 |
[19:05] | I got my “after.” | 我拍到”咨询后”了 |
[19:11] | Okay, so, uh, | 好吧 |
[19:13] | we’ll start work on the new house tomorrow. | 我们明天开始搞新房子 |
[19:14] | I mean, if you’re coming back to work. | 如果你愿意回来工作的话 |
[19:17] | I’ll be there. See you at 11. | 我会去的 11点见 |
[19:19] | We start at 8. | 我们8点开工 |
[19:23] | 10 it is. | 那十点见了 |
[19:30] | Where is she? | 她在哪 |
[19:32] | I see that look in your eye. Don’t do this. | 我从你的眼睛里读懂了 劝你不要 |
[19:35] | I nailed that party, and I want Bev to acknowledge it. | 那个派对我办得超成功 我要让贝芙认可我 |
[19:37] | It’s not a good time. | 时机不对 |
[19:39] | Look, Joe, I am not scared. | 乔 我不怕 |
[19:41] | Okay? People can grow. | 人们是可以成长的 |
[19:42] | I saw it in my own house, and I think Bev can, too. | 我在我家见证到的 我觉得贝芙也可以 |
[19:45] | Oh, here she is. | 她在这里 |
[19:47] | Bev, I want to talk to you. | 贝芙 我要跟你谈谈 |
[19:49] | About the party. | 关于派对 |
[19:51] | Oh, you here to blame me for something, too? | 你也是来怪罪我的吗 |
[19:54] | If you come at me, you better come strong. | 如果动手 最好下狠手 |
[19:56] | You only married into this family. | 你只是嫁进来的 |
[20:03] | Well, I… I-I just came to apologize. | 其实我是来道歉的 |
[20:07] | For Joe. | 替乔道歉 |
[20:09] | What? That’s me. | 什么 有我的事 |
[20:12] | Yeah, he wouldn’t help me. | 对 他不肯帮我 |
[20:13] | H-He said planning a party for you | 他说为你策划派对 |
[20:16] | was like being in a shark’s mouth. | 就像在鲨鱼嘴里一样 |
[20:19] | Joe, I can’t believe you said that. | 乔 没想到你会这么说 |
[20:23] | Nice move, honey. | 干得漂亮 亲爱的 |
[20:25] | You better go. It’s pork chop o’clock. | 你赶快走吧 猪排倒计时开始了 |