时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:30] | On the eve of another Independence Day, | 值此又一个独立日的前夜 |
[00:33] | let us all remember the price of the freedom we enjoy. | 勿忘我们为自由所付出过的代价 |
[00:37] | Along with those who have made the ultimate sacrifice, | 一些人为守卫自由付出了巨大的牺牲 |
[00:41] | 113 local boys are unaccounted for in the Pacific theater. | 113名美国青年在太平洋战场上下落不明 |
[00:46] | They include | 其中有 |
[00:47] | Private James Daryl of Bloomfield. | 来自布卢姆菲尔德的二等兵詹姆斯·达里尔 |
[00:49] | Private Stuart Danforth of Bloomfield. | 来自布卢姆菲尔德的二等兵斯图尔特·丹弗斯 |
[00:52] | Lance Corporal Francis R. Peabody. | 一等兵弗朗西斯·皮巴迪 |
[00:56] | Private Hugo Bunker. | 二等兵雨果·邦克 |
[00:58] | Corporal George Higgins. Private First Class– | 下士乔治·希金斯 一等兵… |
[01:41] | Son of a bitch. | 狗日的 |
[02:06] | That’s got to be North. Right? | 那边肯定是北吧 |
[02:13] | They said it would be just like Cambridge. | 他们说那里就跟剑桥一样 |
[02:15] | Harvard with sand. | 好比沙漠中的哈佛 |
[02:16] | Daddy’s offer still stands. | 爸爸给你找的工作还算数 |
[02:19] | It’s a good job, Charles. | 那工作挺好的 查尔斯 |
[02:20] | It’s a sales job. | 是搞销售的 |
[02:22] | God forbid. You’d think a PHD was a vow of poverty. | 老天 你是觉得读了博士就该受穷吧 |
[02:25] | You know, business is a science. | 其实经商也是门学问啊 |
[02:27] | The recruiter said | 招募我的人说 |
[02:27] | I could be the next Enrico Fermi. | 我可能会成为下一个恩里科·费米 |
[02:32] | He’s like the Betty Grable of physics. | 他相当于是物理学界的大明星贝蒂·葛莱宝 |
[02:35] | Well, no one ever heard of him. | 根本没人听说过他 |
[02:36] | Think of anyone heard of Galileo in 1590? | 你觉得1590年有人听说过伽利略吗 |
[02:40] | I bet Galileo knew how to read a road map. | 我敢说至少伽利略能看懂地图 |
[02:52] | Yeah, that’s North. | 没错 那边就是北 |
[02:54] | Joey, come on. | 乔伊 走吧 |
[03:48] | Stay in the car. | 待在车里别出来 |
[04:09] | Next car, move up. | 下一辆 跟上 |
[04:10] | Honey, stay in the car, okay? | 宝贝 待在车里好吗 |
[04:21] | Excuse me. Hi. | 打扰一下 你好 |
[04:23] | The circus in town? | 是马戏团来镇上表演了吗 |
[04:26] | Just where is everybody going? | 大家这是要去哪儿 |
[04:29] | PO box 1663. | 1663号邮箱所在地 |
[04:31] | – What’s the place called? – It ain’t. | -那地方叫什么名字 -没名字 |
[04:34] | No name, no street signs. | 无地名 无路牌 |
[04:38] | Welcome to nowhere. | 欢迎来到无名之地 |
[04:41] | All right. | 好吧 |
[05:17] | Charlie, this doesn’t look like Cambridge. | 查理 这里看上去可不像剑桥 |
[05:28] | You can’t work in your office like everybody else? | 你就不能像别人那样待在办公室里工作吗 |
[05:31] | Our group’s on the chopping block | 我们小组都要火烧眉毛了 |
[05:32] | and you’re out till dawn playing putt-putt in the desert. | 你却在沙漠里打迷你高尔夫直到天亮 |
[05:34] | What makes a golf ball fly? | 高尔夫球为什么能飞起来 |
[05:36] | Compression. The club hits the ball, | 压缩力 球杆击中球 |
[05:37] | the rubber core compresses, the ball sails. | 橡胶球心压缩 之后球就反弹出去了 |
[05:40] | We’re not talking about rubber. | 我们要采用的可不是橡胶 |
[05:41] | We’re talking about solid metal. | 而是实打实的金属材料 |
[05:42] | TNT yields pressures of 100,000 atmospheres. | TNT炸药能够产生十万个大气压的压力 |
[05:45] | We can supercompress the core of the bomb. | 我们可以对炸弹核心进行高强度压缩 |
[05:49] | Higher density, less plutonium. | 密度更高 钚材料用得更少 |
[05:59] | Oh, you son of a bitch. | 你个狗日的 |
[06:25] | – Hi, ladies. – Hi, how are you? | -女士们 -你好啊 |
[06:46] | Someone invented pie crust in a box? | 馅饼皮现在都能用盒卖了吗 |
[06:50] | How is that not on the cover of “The New York Times”? | 这么大的事竟然没上《纽约时报》的封面吗 |
[07:01] | The computers will need to stay all night. | 计算员们必须彻夜不停地工作 |
[07:03] | And we’ll need some equipment. | 我们还需要一些设备 |
[07:05] | Some IBM machines for the hydrodynamics. | 几台IBM电脑用来解流体动力学方程 |
[07:10] | I’ll be right back. | 我马上就来 |
[07:14] | So is this all you got for corn? | 所以就只有这样的玉米吗 |
[07:16] | Yeah, we’re cleared out for the 4th of July. | 是啊 为了搞国庆节 库存都空了 |
[07:18] | Shipment’s due from El Paso next Tuesday. | 新一批从埃尔巴索运来的货物下周二到 |
[07:20] | We can’t grow our own corn on the Hill? | 我们不能自己在山上种玉米吗 |
[07:22] | You know the Indians have been | 印第安人在这里种植玉米 |
[07:23] | planting maize out here for 5,000 years. | 已经有五千年的历史了 |
[07:26] | Army policy. The ground’s no good. | 军方规定的 土地也不怎么行 |
[07:29] | Oh, for heaven’s sake. | 老天啊 |
[07:31] | Rangeland soil is full of potassium. | 牧场土地可是富含钾元素的 |
[07:36] | Ma’am, I’m sure your husband’s got a brain the size of Kansas, | 女士 我相信你丈夫一定脑力发达 |
[07:40] | but that ring on your finger doesn’t make you a scientist. | 但你跟他结了婚 不代表你就是个科学家 |
[07:43] | No, four years at Barnard | 是不会 但在巴纳德学院读了4年 |
[07:46] | and a PHD in Botany do. | 加上植物学博士学位则足以证明了 |
[07:48] | I missed dinner. | 我错过晚餐了 |
[07:51] | And breakfast. | 以及早餐 |
[07:52] | You know, most women | 其实 大部分女人 |
[07:53] | would kill for a night off from their husbands. | 都巴不得丈夫能离开一晚上 |
[07:56] | Most women know what their husbands do at the office. | 大部分女人都知道自家丈夫在做什么工作 |
[08:00] | I’m not most women. | 我跟大部分女人不同 |
[08:02] | You certainly are not. | 你当然是最特别的 |
[08:07] | You’ve had a good night. | 你昨晚过得很愉快嘛 |
[08:12] | I’ll be home later. | 我晚点会回家的 |
[08:14] | I promise. | 我保证 |
[08:24] | This line gets longer every day. | 队伍每天都在变长 |
[08:29] | Got your pass? | 有通行证吗 |
[08:31] | Colonel’s clamping down on security. | 上校正在严抓安保 |
[08:33] | Probably got the MPs going through our trash at night. | 说不定派了宪兵在晚上翻查我们的垃圾呢 |
[08:36] | – Here we go. – Thank you. | -好了 -谢谢 |
[08:38] | – All right, thank you. – Okay. | -可以通行 谢谢 -好的 |
[08:41] | Would it kill you to say thank you? | 说句谢谢你会死吗 |
[08:42] | We need to start from scratch. | 我们得从零开始 |
[08:44] | We’ll rebuild the math from the ground up. | 我们要重建数学模型 |
[08:45] | And we’ll need a bigger staff, Glen — | 还需要更多人手 格兰 |
[08:47] | like 15, 20 guys. | 大概15到20人 |
[08:49] | – Where the hell are you going? – I’m gonna run it upstairs. | -你到底要去哪儿 -我把这些送楼上去 |
[08:51] | No, whoa. Hey, whoa. | 别啊 等等 |
[08:53] | You can’t just waltz into Oppenheimer’s office | 你不能拿着鸡尾酒纸巾上的几行草稿 |
[08:55] | with some chicken scratches on a cocktail napkin. | 就冲进奥本海默的办公室 |
[08:58] | – Morning, gentlemen. – Hey, good morning. | -早上好 先生们 -早上好 |
[09:03] | Akley, he wipes his ass and calls it a design. | 奥克利 他瞎凑点东西 就管那叫设计 |
[09:06] | Army writes him a check with six zeros. | 军方给他开了张七位数的支票 |
[09:08] | Reed Akley shaves every day. | 里德·奥克利天天刮胡子 |
[09:11] | The only thing cleaner than his face is his math. | 唯一比他的脸还干净的就是他的数学了 |
[09:15] | Well, it’s too clean. | 那也太干净了 |
[09:16] | There’s something wrong with Akley’s bomb. | 奥克利的炸弹有问题 |
[09:17] | Forget Thin Man, okay? Forget Akley. | 别想瘦子计划了好吗 别管奥克利 |
[09:22] | 100 American kids have been buried | 从上次我们走进那道门起到现在 |
[09:23] | since the last time we walked through that gate. | 已有一百位美国士兵战死沙场了 |
[09:26] | By tomorrow morning, there’ll be 100 more. | 到明天早上 又会多出一百个 |
[09:30] | And you want me to slow down? | 你还想让我慢慢来吗 |
[09:33] | Of course not. | 当然不 |
[09:36] | We’ve spent six months in the woodshed | 我们在这破地方待了半年 |
[09:38] | living off table scraps. | 吃着狗都嫌的伙食 |
[09:40] | We both know our design is better than Akley’s. | 我们都清楚我们的设计比奥克利的好 |
[09:43] | But if you go in there to persuade Oppenheimer half-cocked, | 但如果你这么仓促地去劝说奥本海默 |
[09:48] | it’s finished. | 我们的努力就白费了 |
[10:06] | Was that Frank Winter? | 刚走过去的是法兰克·温特吗 |
[10:09] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[10:10] | I submitted my thesis to the Princeton Physics Journal | 我把论文投稿给《普林斯顿物理期刊》时 |
[10:12] | when he was the editor. | 他是负责的编辑 |
[10:13] | Six peer reviewers backed it for publication. | 六名审稿人支持论文发表 |
[10:15] | – He rejected it. – Well, don’t take it personally. | -而他不同意 -别放在心上 |
[10:17] | He probably didn’t even read it. | 他可能根本就没看 |
[10:19] | – He work for Dr. Akley too? – No. | -他也为奥克利博士工作吗 -不 |
[10:22] | No, he’s got a band of misfits | 不 他带了一群不靠谱的人 |
[10:23] | working on an alternate design. | 研发一项候补设计 |
[10:25] | Design for what? | 设计什么 |
[10:28] | Forget Winter’s group. | 别管温特的团队了 |
[10:29] | They’re the farm league, Charlie. | 他们就是农场联盟 查理 |
[10:31] | You’re joining the New York Yankees. | 你要加入的可是纽约洋基队 |
[10:35] | The white badge is your key to the castle. | 白色徽章是你开启堡垒大门的钥匙 |
[10:37] | Only scientists and army brass get them. | 只有科学家和高级军官才有 |
[10:40] | Steno girls are allowed in the building, | 楼里还有些速记员们 |
[10:41] | but they don’t know squat. | 但她们毫不知情 |
[10:44] | GIs barely know what state they’re in. | 士兵们几乎不知道自己在哪个州 |
[10:48] | They all read your paper. | 他们都看过你的文章了 |
[10:50] | Passed it around like a Tijuana bible. | 跟小黄书一样被传阅 |
[10:53] | You’re looking at the best equipped lab in the country. | 你即将见到的是国内设备最精良的实验室 |
[10:56] | Two Van de Graaff accelerators, | 两台范德格拉夫加速器 |
[10:57] | our own cyclotron, | 我们自己的回旋加速器 |
[10:59] | and the finest computers money can buy. | 还有钱能买到的最好的计算机 |
[11:02] | Computers, this is the youngest buck | 计算员们 这位是史上最年轻的 |
[11:04] | who ever won the Forbes Prize. | 福布斯奖获得者 |
[11:05] | Say hello to Charlie Isaacs. | 见过查理·艾萨克 |
[11:07] | Hi, Charlie. | 你好 查理 |
[11:09] | No lying down on the job, girls. | 工作可别偷懒 姑娘们 |
[11:14] | We’ll need you to answer some questions. | 我们需要你回答一些问题 |
[11:15] | Everybody on the project’s got to have security clearance. | 所有的项目参与者的人都得有安全许可 |
[11:17] | What is the project? They still haven’t told me. | 什么项目 他们还没有告诉我 |
[11:20] | I’ll leave that to Dr. Akley once we have your commitment. | 一旦你做出承诺 奥克利博士会告诉你的 |
[11:23] | How do I know what I’m committing to? | 我怎么知道我将要献身于什么 |
[11:25] | Charlie. | 查理 |
[11:27] | This is Shangri-La. | 这里就是香格里拉 |
[11:28] | We’ve got the highest combined IQ of any town in America | 我们集结了全美国智商最高的人 |
[11:31] | and more Jews than Babylon. | 这里的犹太人比巴比伦还多 |
[11:33] | You’ll be wined and dined by the US Army | 在希特勒和小日本认输前 |
[11:35] | until Hitler and the Japs say uncle. | 美国军方会热情款待你 |
[11:38] | Who knows how long that’ll be? | 谁知道那还有多久 |
[11:41] | Well, that all depends on us. | 那就看我们了 |
[11:59] | Say Oppenheimer picks Akley’s design over ours. | 就算奥本海默选了奥克利 而不是我们 |
[12:01] | It’s still possible they’ll keep us around, right, | 他们还是有可能把我们留用 |
[12:03] | as a backup plan? | 作为备用计划 对吗 |
[12:04] | If a career falls in the desert | 如果你在沙漠中失业了 |
[12:05] | and there’s no one there to hear it, | 又没人知道 |
[12:07] | does it make a sound? | 失业与否又有什么关系呢 |
[12:08] | Frank will figure something out. | 法兰克会想出办法的 |
[12:09] | Oh, come on. We’re wasting our time. | 拜托 我们在浪费时间 |
[12:10] | Akley’s got a staff of 600 on Thin Man. | 有六百人参与奥克利的瘦子计划 |
[12:12] | We’ve got six chaps. One of them’s a girl. | 我们只有六个人 其中还有个姑娘 |
[12:18] | You’re late! | 你迟到了 |
[12:22] | This was yesterday. | 这是过去 |
[12:25] | This is tomorrow. | 这个是未来 |
[12:30] | Now, the math here is simple. Only one variable matters. | 这个运算很简单 只有一个变量 |
[12:34] | Time. | 时间 |
[12:37] | It’s gonna take a year | 得花一年 |
[12:38] | to produce enough plutonium to make Akley’s bomb. | 才能得到足够的钚材料制造奥克利的炸弹 |
[12:41] | But with a supercompressed core, | 但利用高强度压缩的炸弹核心 |
[12:44] | I think we can shave a week off that timeline, maybe longer. | 我们应该能把时间缩短一个礼拜 也许更多 |
[12:48] | Now, the army still hasn’t decided | 现在 军方尚未决定 |
[12:49] | which design they’re gonna back yet, | 他们要支持哪个设计 |
[12:51] | but they’re going to any day now, | 但每天他们都有可能作出决定 |
[12:52] | and before they do, we need to prove how much time | 在此之前 我们需要证明 |
[12:55] | our model is gonna save them. | 我们的模型能为他们节省多少时间 |
[12:56] | And Oppenheimer is leaving for DC tomorrow. | 而且奥本海默明天就要去华盛顿特区了 |
[12:59] | So if we want to keep this group intact, | 如果想保全我们这个团队 |
[13:01] | we’re gonna have to get some hard numbers in his hands | 我们就得在他上飞机前 |
[13:03] | before he gets on that plane. | 给他看运算结果 |
[13:05] | Yeah, we’re gonna miss dinner again, aren’t we? | 我们又没时间吃晚饭了 是吗 |
[13:08] | – Fritz. – So we’re gonna scrap three months of work | -福瑞茨 -所以我们要工作三个月 |
[13:10] | for the chance that we can save the army one week? | 只为了有可能给军队节省一周时间 |
[13:12] | Somewhere in Germany, Hitler’s got a town just like this one | 在德国某处 希特勒建了个类似的小镇 |
[13:16] | full of scientists hungrier than you. | 里面全是比你还饥饿的科学家 |
[13:19] | That week we save could be the week that matters. | 我们节省出的那一周会至关重要 |
[13:58] | Hello. | 你好 |
[14:01] | We’re not snooping. | 我们不是来窥探的 |
[14:04] | Hello. | 你好 |
[14:05] | We’re the welcome wagon. | 我们是欢迎小分队 |
[14:07] | This is Fay and Dot and I’m Rose Akley. | 这是菲 这是多特 我是罗斯·奥克利 |
[14:11] | – Abby. – Her husband is your husband’s boss. | -我是艾比 -她丈夫是你丈夫的老板 |
[14:15] | Technically Reed is your husband’s boss’s boss. | 严格来说里德是你丈夫老板的老板 |
[14:18] | But we don’t stand on ceremony, do we, ladies? | 但我们并不拘于这些礼节不是吗 女士们 |
[14:24] | Thin walls. | 墙真不隔音 |
[14:42] | She’s built like a sparrow. | 她像个小麻雀似的 |
[14:44] | You think she’s packed enough shoes? | 你觉得她带够鞋子了吗 |
[14:45] | What church are you? Lutheran? Methodist? | 你信仰什么 路德教会还是卫理公会派 |
[14:48] | Physicist. | 物理学家 |
[14:49] | Charlie’s god is Albert Einstein. | 查理的神是阿尔伯特·爱因斯坦 |
[14:52] | You’re lucky with a toddler. | 你很幸运 有个小孩 |
[14:54] | They ration the Indians. | 他们提供印第安人去帮佣 |
[14:56] | You’ll jump straight to the front of the line. | 你可以被优先考虑 |
[14:58] | Just watch out the help doesn’t smoke your husband’s peace pipe. | 小心别让印第安人上了你丈夫的床 |
[15:01] | Don’t tell my Walter. | 别告诉我家沃尔特 |
[15:03] | If the men can keep secrets, we’re entitled to a few of our own. | 如果男人可以保守秘密 我们也可以 |
[15:06] | What do you mean? | 你是什么意思 |
[15:08] | Oh, you know, what they do behind their fences. | 就是他们在栅栏后面鼓捣的东西 |
[15:11] | What are the men building? | 这些人在造什么 |
[15:13] | I hear they’re building submarines | 我听说他们在造潜艇 |
[15:14] | – and floating them down the Rio Grande. – Fay! | -把他们潜入格兰德河 -菲 |
[15:20] | They look like little convicts. | 他们看起来就像小罪犯一样 |
[15:23] | Head lice. | 头虱 |
[15:26] | – What was that? – You’re gonna love it here, really. | -那是什么 -你一定会爱上这儿的 |
[15:40] | Supercompression. Why didn’t I think of that? | 超压缩 为什么我就没想到 |
[15:42] | ‘Cause Frank’s smarter than you by a factor of 14. | 因为法兰克比你聪明十四倍 |
[15:44] | Not that it matters. Akley’s gonna win the war. | 但这都没用 奥克利会赢的 |
[15:46] | He’ll probably win the Nobel Prize. | 他说不定还能拿诺贝尔奖 |
[15:47] | We’ll still be crunching numbers. | 而我们还得鼓捣这些数字 |
[15:48] | Here, look at this. | 看这个 |
[15:50] | Crosley, Fedowitz, | 克罗斯利 菲多维茨 |
[15:51] | Liao, Meeks, Prins, | 廖 米克斯 普林斯 |
[15:53] | you need to come with us. | 你们得跟我们走一趟 |
[15:54] | If this is about the colonel’s horse, | 如果是为了上校的那匹马 |
[15:55] | I had nothing to do with it. | 那事儿和我没关系 |
[15:56] | Recognize this? Came out of your file cabinet. | 认识这个吗 从你们文件柜里拿的 |
[15:59] | There’s pages missing. | 有一页不见了 |
[16:01] | Somebody better call Interpol. | 打给国际刑警组织吧 |
[16:03] | You familiar with the Espionage Act? | 你熟悉《反间谍法案》吗 |
[16:07] | Whoever lawfully or unlawfully having access to | 任何可以通过合法或非法途径接触到 |
[16:09] | or being entrusted with any document– | 或承担任何文件的责任的… |
[16:13] | Whoa, whoa. Espionage? | 什么 间谍 |
[16:15] | No more wisecracks? | 不再说俏皮话了吗 |
[16:17] | You hear the one about the Chink in the electric chair? | 你听过中国佬上电椅的故事吗 |
[16:18] | What the hell’s going on? | 发生了什么 |
[16:20] | That’s what we’d like to find out, sir. | 我们也想知道 先生 |
[16:21] | We believe a member of your group is stealing secrets. | 我们认为你的一位小组成员在窃取机密 |
[16:26] | – Get out. – Dr. Winter, | -出去 -温特博士 |
[16:27] | G-2 has credible intelligence that one– | 情报部门有可靠情报表明… |
[16:28] | All I’ve seen from the G-2 is an incredible lack of intelligence. | 我看情报部门根本就没有过可靠情报 |
[16:32] | They haven’t even told you what you’re doing here, have they? | 他们甚至都没告诉你们来这儿是干嘛的吧 |
[16:35] | Do you have any idea what you are looking at? | 你们知道你们在看的是什么吗 |
[16:38] | Sir, we’re not here to debate science. | 先生 我们不是来探讨科学的 |
[16:39] | That’s not science. | 那不是科学 |
[16:41] | That’s the property of the government | 那是 |
[16:42] | of the United States of America. | 美国政府的财产 |
[16:45] | Our work is so classified, | 我们的工作机密到 |
[16:47] | the vice president doesn’t know we exist. | 连副总统都不知道我们的存在 |
[16:50] | As far as he’s concerned, the Manhattan Project | 据他所知 曼哈顿计划不过是为了 |
[16:51] | is a leaky tunnel on the IRT. | 维修跨区捷运线的漏水隧道 |
[16:53] | And yet you’re gonna stand there, Sergeant First Class, | 但你竟然站在这里 陆军上士 |
[16:56] | with your J-3 security clearance | 你只有J-3级别的安全许可 |
[16:58] | and you’re gonna talk to me about protocol? | 却打算跟我谈规矩 |
[17:01] | You could be court-martialed for just opening that file. | 你打开了那份文件就足够被军事法庭定罪了 |
[17:08] | This isn’t finished. | 这事儿还没完 |
[17:13] | I don’t have time for this shit. | 我没时间讨论这破事 |
[17:16] | And neither do you, not today. | 你们也没有 至少今天没有 |
[18:26] | You’re crooked. | 你领带歪了 |
[18:30] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[18:33] | Dr. Akley. | 奥克利博士 |
[18:37] | “A New Approach to Nuclear Cosmology.” | 《核宇宙学的新探究方法》 |
[18:43] | I wish I’d written it. | 真希望是我写的 |
[18:49] | I have not seen real bourbon since Pearl Harbor. | 珍珠港事件后我就没见过真正的波旁酒了 |
[18:52] | Well, I got friends in high places. | 我有些身居高位的朋友 |
[18:54] | It’s called a signing bonus. | 这是签约的奖励 |
[18:57] | Charlie Isaacs, tell me why you’re here. | 查理·艾萨克 告诉我你为什么来这里 |
[19:01] | Sir? | 什么 |
[19:03] | You drove 2,000 miles. | 你开了三千多公里 |
[19:04] | You uprooted your family to a state with more cattle than people. | 举家来到了这个牲口比人多的州 |
[19:08] | What do you want? | 想要得到什么 |
[19:09] | To serve my country. | 为国效力 |
[19:10] | I tried to enlist. Flat feet. | 我试过参军 但因平足被拒 |
[19:14] | Yeah, well, I think we can put your skills to better use. | 我觉得我们可以让你学以致用 |
[19:21] | We’re waging a war of ideas. | 现在我们要开始比拼脑力 |
[19:25] | Now, this war will be fought on the battlefield, | 这场争斗将会延续到真实的战场 |
[19:27] | but make no mistake that | 但别搞错了 |
[19:28] | peace will be won with brains, not brawn. | 赢得和平要靠头脑 而非蛮力 |
[19:32] | Now, forget about code breaking. | 忘了解码学吧 |
[19:34] | Forget about meteorology, optics– | 忘了气象学 光学 |
[19:36] | You’re building an atomic bomb. | 你们正在研制原子弹 |
[19:41] | We prefer to call it a gadget. | 我们更喜欢称它为小玩意 |
[19:48] | I walk most of the new boys through the math, | 我给很多新人看过这些推导 |
[19:50] | they still don’t see it. | 他们都没看出来 |
[19:58] | I was told I’d be working in a radar lab. | 之前我被通知会在雷达实验室任职 |
[20:01] | Well, I’m sorry for the smoke and mirrors. | 抱歉给了你假消息 |
[20:02] | We can’t exactly advertise. | 但我们没法光明正大地做广告 |
[20:10] | Dean Everett at Harvard | 哈佛的埃弗雷特院长 |
[20:12] | says you’re the quickest study he’s seen in years. | 说你是他多年来见过的学习能力最强的学生 |
[20:17] | He also says you want to help your people. | 他还说你想要帮助你的同胞 |
[20:19] | I understand you have family in Poland. | 我知道你有家人在波兰 |
[20:25] | A bomb like that– gadget– | 这种炸弹…这个小玩意 |
[20:30] | the burn radius would be miles wide. | 爆炸能波及几公里外的地方 |
[20:35] | – The gamma rays alone would be– – Charlie, Charlie, Charlie. | -光是伽马射线 -查理 查理 查理 |
[20:40] | You can grow old and die writing white papers | 你可以穷尽一生在一沓一沓的纸上 |
[20:42] | on field quantization. | 推导量子场论 |
[20:44] | 100 savants will read your work, | 一百名学者会去研读 |
[20:47] | maybe 10 will understand it. | 可能只有十个能够读懂 |
[20:50] | Or you can join my team | 你也可以加入我的团队 |
[20:52] | and you can watch the apple fall with Newton. | 亲眼见证全新事物的诞生 |
[22:02] | Go home. Go have dinner with your wife. | 回家吧 跟你的妻子吃个晚饭 |
[22:04] | We need to finish running these numbers. | 我们得算完这些数据 |
[22:06] | Leave that to the peanut gallery. | 留给助手们算吧 |
[22:11] | I mean it. If this job kills you, | 我是认真的 要是你死在工作上 |
[22:14] | Liza is gonna kill me. | 莱莎会杀了我的 |
[22:30] | You’re not gonna believe this. The water went out again. | 难以置信 又没有水了 |
[22:33] | They better fix it before tomorrow. | 他们最好在明天前修好 |
[22:39] | July 4th. | 明天是国庆日 |
[22:40] | Frank, half the Hill is gonna be in our backyard | 法兰克 半个镇的人都会来我们家 |
[22:42] | and you know how they like to drink. | 你也知道他们多爱喝酒 |
[22:44] | This is not the best week. | 这周时机不好 |
[22:47] | Well, I didn’t set the date. | 日子又不是我定的 |
[22:48] | Take it up with Thomas Jefferson. | 你跟托马斯·杰斐逊[美国第三任总统]说去 |
[22:55] | Frank. | 法兰克 |
[23:03] | Did you know people like to socialize on Independence Day? | 你知道人们喜欢在独立日搞社交吗 |
[23:08] | They like to stand around in the backyard and eat grilled meats | 他们喜欢聚在后院里 吃烤肉 |
[23:10] | and listen to John Philip Sousa. Gracias. | 听约翰·菲利普·苏萨的进行曲 谢谢 |
[23:14] | And tomorrow, for one night, | 明天 只有一晚 |
[23:15] | we’re going to pretend we have a normal life. | 我们要假装过的是平常生活 |
[23:19] | You in the kitchen is the definition of abnormal. | 你出现在厨房里绝对是不平常 |
[23:23] | But in the spirit of independence– | 但出于独立精神 |
[23:24] | – No. – No what? | -不行 -什么不行 |
[23:26] | No, you can’t go to school in New York. | 你不许去纽约上学 |
[23:28] | – But New York is the center of the world. – Yes, it is. | -但纽约是世界的中心 -是啊 |
[23:31] | The world of cigarettes and premarital sex. | 如果那世界只有烟草和婚前性行为的话 |
[23:33] | Apparently, Callie has sent in | 显然 凯莉已经向 |
[23:35] | an application to the Chapin School. | 查平学院提交了申请 |
[23:37] | Dad, Anna Roosevelt went there. | 爸 那可是安娜·罗斯福的母校 |
[23:40] | They have state-of-the-art science labs, | 他们有最先进的科学实验室 |
[23:42] | it’s right next door to the Metropolitan Museum. | 而且就在大都会博物馆隔壁 |
[23:44] | Seven million people live in New York. | 纽约有七百万人口 |
[23:48] | It’s the most densely populated city in America. | 是美国人口密度最高的城市 |
[23:52] | Right on the Eastern Seaboard. | 坐落于东海岸 |
[23:55] | And? | 所以呢 |
[23:57] | And the army would never let you go. | 军队不会让你离开这里的 |
[24:05] | So I’m just supposed to stay here in this prison camp? | 所以我就得待在这个战俘营里吗 |
[24:08] | – Get knocked up by one of the guards? – Oh, don’t be vulgar. | -被守卫搞大肚子 -别说的这么粗俗 |
[24:11] | Why are we even here? | 我们为什么要来这里 |
[24:21] | Everything is a secret! | 一切都是秘密 |
[24:24] | It’s Kafkaesque! | 跟卡夫卡的恐怖小说似的 |
[24:30] | Well, at least she’s reading. | 至少她还看点书 |
[24:33] | We’ve been working forever. | 一点休息都不给 |
[24:35] | Barely made a dent. These are for you. | 从来没人重视 这些是给你们的 |
[24:38] | What’s the over-under on how much time we’ll shave off Thin Man? | 我们能比瘦子计划节省多少时间 |
[24:40] | I got a Mars Bar that says 10 days. | 我赌一根士力架是十天 |
[24:42] | You honestly think we’re gonna outflank Reed Akley | 你真的认为比起里德·奥克利和六百名员工 |
[24:44] | and a staff of 600 by 10 days? | 我们能缩短十天吗 |
[24:47] | No, honestly, I think we’re gonna beat them by 20, | 不 其实我觉得我们可以胜过他们二十天 |
[24:48] | but I’m spineless, so my money’s on 10. | 但我没种 所以压十天 |
[24:50] | Honestly, my money’s on it doesn’t matter | 说实话 就算我压了钱也无所谓 |
[24:52] | ’cause we’re never gonna finish by morning. | 反正我们明早前也搞不完 |
[24:55] | Here. | 给你 |
[24:59] | Nylons? | 丝袜 |
[25:01] | Yeah, he steals them from the storage annex. | 没错 他从储藏室里偷得 |
[25:04] | What the hell do you want with ladies’ nylons? | 你拿丝袜想干什么 |
[25:06] | – They’re rationed. – And? | -它们是限量供应的 -所以呢 |
[25:08] | Girls love them. Girls can’t get ’em. | 女人们都喜欢 但是又得不到 |
[25:10] | I spread the wealth, they spread their legs. | 我花点小钱 她们就会张开腿 |
[25:12] | We need reinforcements. | 我们需要更多人手 |
[25:14] | We’ve got to have the calculations by tomorrow. | 明天之前必须得出计算结果 |
[25:16] | – You are our only hope. – We’re punched out for the night. | -你们是我们唯一的希望 -我们下班了 |
[25:19] | We can pay you. | 有报酬 |
[25:23] | Crosley. | 克罗斯利 |
[25:32] | – Great. – All right. | -很好 -好的 |
[25:34] | Oh, great. Fantastic. | 好 真是太好了 |
[25:37] | Thank you. | 谢谢你们 |
[25:38] | Hi, my name’s Fritz. | 你好 我叫福瑞茨 |
[25:39] | That’s for you. Hi. Fritz. | 这是你的 你好 我叫福瑞茨 |
[25:42] | Hi, you can call me Fritz. | 你好 我叫福瑞茨 |
[25:57] | I give up. | 我放弃了 |
[26:00] | This chrysanthemum, it’s supposed to be white. | 菊花种出来应该是白色的才对 |
[26:04] | So it’s a hybrid. | 那这是杂交品种 |
[26:11] | Did you know | 你知不知道 |
[26:13] | that we’re not allowed to grow produce on the hill? | 我们不许在山上种作物 |
[26:20] | Must be something to do with the soil. | 肯定和泥土有关 |
[26:23] | Well, sometimes a flower is just a flower. | 只是一朵花而已 |
[26:31] | Don’t go and work. | 别去工作 |
[26:33] | Well, I have to finish some things. | 我有些工作要完成 |
[26:36] | What things? | 什么工作 |
[26:40] | When it’s over, we will go anywhere you want. | 等一切结束了 你想去哪我们就去哪 |
[26:44] | We’ll find a desert island, play Adam and Eve. | 我们找一个荒岛扮演亚当和夏娃 |
[26:46] | Good night. | 晚安 |
[26:56] | Watch it, buddy. | 看路啊 伙计 |
[26:58] | Get out of the way! | 快让开 |
[27:06] | Abby? | 艾比 |
[27:11] | Charlie, what on earth? It’s this one. | 查理 你在搞什么 是这间 |
[27:13] | This one. Come inside. | 是这间 快进来 |
[27:18] | I was about to call the police, | 我本打算打电话报警 |
[27:19] | but, you know, there’s no telephone in this place. | 但这里连电话都没有 |
[27:24] | This is Daddy’s brand. You can’t get this anymore. | 这可是老爹牌的 现在已经买不到了 |
[27:27] | You can if your work’s got triple-A priority. | 如果你的工作是最高优先级就能搞到 |
[27:30] | Are you drunk? | 你喝醉了吗 |
[27:32] | Oh, shit. | 该死 |
[27:33] | Charlie? | 查理 |
[27:36] | It’s the whole street. | 整条街都停电了 |
[27:44] | You know how many people live in Berlin? | 你知道有多少人住在柏林吗 |
[27:48] | Men, women, kids? | 男人 女人 小孩 |
[27:52] | I wrote a letter to my father. | 我给我爸写了封信 |
[27:55] | I said you’d think about his offer. | 我说你会考虑他提供的职位 |
[27:56] | Oh, Jesus, Abby. This is what I am. | 天啊 艾比 但我就是这样 |
[28:01] | You are a loving father to our son. | 你是我们孩子的好爸爸 |
[28:06] | And you are my handsome husband. | 也是我的帅老公 |
[28:11] | Take off your nightgown. | 把睡衣脱了 |
[28:15] | Charlie. | 查理 |
[28:16] | Joey’s out cold. He won’t hear us. | 乔伊已经睡死了 他听不见的 |
[28:19] | It’s not Joey I’m worried about. | 我不是担心乔伊 |
[28:22] | Oh, give them something to put in our FBI file. | 我们来做点”犯法”的事吧 |
[28:35] | Come on. | 过来 |
[29:29] | No! No! | 不 不要 |
[29:43] | Whatever it is, Frank, | 不管你遇到什么事 法兰克 |
[29:45] | you can tell me. | 你都能向我倾诉 |
[29:48] | I can’t. | 我做不到 |
[29:55] | Does thhe ringing in your ears increase with stress? | 随着压力增大 耳鸣有没有加重 |
[29:58] | No. | 没有 |
[30:00] | Some of the men find it helpful to speak with the chaplain. | 有些人觉得和牧师谈谈会有帮助 |
[30:03] | And they’re not all religious. | 他们中也有不信教的 |
[30:06] | We give chloral hydrate for sleep disorders. | 我们会给睡眠障碍的人开水合氯醛[安眠药] |
[30:09] | I can write you a script. | 我可以给你开药 |
[30:11] | But if you’ll take a word of advice– | 但如果你能听我劝 |
[30:12] | I’ll take the pills. | 我吃药就行 |
[30:34] | Nothing to worry about. | 没什么好担心的 |
[30:49] | This wind’s gonna blow us all the way to Kansas. | 这风都能把我们吹到堪萨斯州了 |
[30:57] | There’s no place like home. | 没有比家更好的地方 |
[31:02] | How many drunken physicists | 你觉得我们能往那破屋里 |
[31:04] | do you reckon we can cram into that shack? | 塞多少位喝醉了的物理学家 |
[31:08] | Lo siento. | 对不起 |
[31:12] | Let’s take it inside. | 把这些拿进屋吧 |
[31:19] | There we go, right there. | 没错 就是那里 |
[31:21] | You keep going. | 继续画 |
[31:23] | Another one? | 又画好一个 |
[31:26] | That’s… | 那是 |
[31:58] | Mommy, my head itches. | 妈妈 我头痒 |
[32:04] | I’m tired. | 我累了 |
[32:07] | We need copies for Oppenheimer | 得给奥本海默准备份复件 |
[32:08] | so he can sell it in DC. | 他能用来说服华盛顿的高层 |
[32:09] | Where are we on the numbers? | 数据算的怎么样了 |
[32:11] | Still at it and we’re running out of nylons. | 还在算 丝袜快没了 |
[32:13] | All right, let’s move. Outside, right now. | 好了 我们走 现在就出来 |
[32:15] | Leave everything where it is. Come on. | 什么东西都别拿 快走 |
[32:19] | I’ll get it. | 我来 |
[32:24] | What the hell is going on? | 到底怎么回事 |
[32:26] | They’re arresting Bill Timchak. | 他们逮捕了比尔·蒂姆切克 |
[32:29] | Some files turned up in his dorm room. | 在他的宿舍里找到了一些文件 |
[32:31] | They can do that? | 他们能这么做吗 |
[32:32] | All right, let’s move. | 好了 我们走 |
[32:34] | They’ve got tanks. They can do whatever they like. | 他们有坦克 就可以为所欲为 |
[32:42] | Colonel’s collecting scalps. | 上校在四处搜捕 |
[32:44] | Word is he’s just getting started. | 听说这只是他的开始 |
[33:04] | Don’t tell me. They arrested the computers. | 不要告诉我他们把计算员们也逮捕了 |
[33:13] | Frank, I made a mistake. | 法兰克 我犯了个错误 |
[33:16] | I, uh… | 我… |
[33:19] | I screwed up. | 我搞砸了 |
[33:21] | I swear to God I am not a spy. You know me. | 我对天发誓我不是间谍 你了解我的 |
[33:25] | So… | 所以… |
[33:29] | It’s the X-ray studies. | 这是X射线的研究 |
[33:32] | You said it was my best work. | 你说过这是我的得意之作 |
[33:38] | What the hell did you do? | 你到底做了什么 |
[33:40] | I’ve got a kid back in Oakland. | 我的孩子还在奥克兰 |
[33:42] | Gracie. | 叫格雷西 |
[33:45] | She’s sick and her meds cost a fortune. | 她生病了 所用的药很贵 |
[33:46] | I just thought when we all go back home, | 我只是想着等我们能回去了 |
[33:48] | I could sell the patents. | 我可以出售专利 |
[33:50] | They’re gonna figure that out. | 他们会发现的 |
[33:52] | You got to help me out, Frank. | 你得帮我 法兰克 |
[33:53] | Talk to the colonel. Explain why I took ’em. | 找上校谈谈 解释下我拿走它们的原因 |
[33:59] | You stole secrets from the United States Army. | 你窃取了美国陆军的机密 |
[34:01] | You really think the colonel’s | 你真的以为 |
[34:02] | gonna stick around for a chitchat? | 上校会跟你谈吗 |
[34:04] | So what are you gonna do? | 那你准备怎么做 |
[34:11] | I’m gonna burn them. | 我要烧了它们 |
[34:12] | They can’t touch you if they don’t have proof. | 他们没有证据就没法动你 |
[34:14] | You got to get me transferred. | 你得把我调走 |
[34:16] | Send me to Chicago. | 派我去芝加哥 |
[34:17] | Or Site X. | 或者随便什么地方 |
[34:18] | Christ, Frank, I’ve got a family. | 天呐 法兰克 我有家室 |
[34:19] | Then act like it! | 那你得表现得像是有家室的人啊 |
[34:22] | You want to protect them? | 你想要保护他们吗 |
[34:23] | You go out there and do your goddamn job | 那就出去 像其他人一样 |
[34:25] | like the rest of us. | 做好自己的工作 |
[35:56] | Colonel Cox wants to see you. | 考克斯上校要见你 |
[35:57] | I’m not holding office hours today. | 我今天不上班 |
[35:59] | Now. | 马上 |
[36:12] | This can’t be right. Did you remember to check the– | 这不可能是真的 你记得要检查… |
[36:14] | It’s right. | 这结果没错 |
[36:22] | One of your boys stole classified files. | 你手下有人窃取了机密文件 |
[36:24] | I’d like a name. | 告诉我是谁 |
[36:25] | So you can stick him in a hole till the end of the war? | 这样你就能把他关到战争结束吗 |
[36:28] | I have a brother in the 4th Marine Raiders | 我有个兄弟在所罗门群岛的 |
[36:30] | in the Solomon Islands | 海军第四陆战队服役 |
[36:31] | who wants to come home to his family. | 想要回家与家人团聚 |
[36:33] | I knew nine men on the USS Arizona | 据我所知亚利桑那号战列舰上 |
[36:35] | who won’t get that chance. | 有九名士兵再不会有这个机会 |
[36:37] | Our enemy crawled out of a cave on the other side of this Earth | 我们的敌人在地球的另一边发动战争 |
[36:39] | and attacked us on our own soil, | 还袭击我们的领土 |
[36:41] | and they’ll do it again. | 而且他们还会再这么做 |
[36:42] | We will not hand them the tools. | 我们不能把武器送到他们手里 |
[36:48] | There’s a leak in this lab. | 实验室里有间谍 |
[36:50] | Someone’s been smuggling tactical schematics off the Hill. | 一直有人向敌方泄露战术示意图 |
[36:52] | There is no spy in my group. | 在我的组里不可能有间谍 |
[36:54] | You think Bill Timchak was a spy? | 你认为比尔·蒂姆切克是间谍吗 |
[36:56] | He’s an example. | 他就是个例子 |
[36:57] | We live in a world of consequences. | 这世上有因就有果 |
[37:03] | Must be lonely out there in the boondocks. | 这荒郊野岭里一定很孤独吧 |
[37:05] | No resources, no recognition for your group. | 缺乏资源 你组员的工作还得不到重视 |
[37:09] | We’re not here for the recognition. | 我们在这里不是为了得到认可 |
[37:14] | I got a shipment in this morning. | 今早我拿到了一批货 |
[37:18] | 10 state-of-the-art IBM machines. | 十台最先进的IBM计算机 |
[37:21] | You think I’d horse-trade a member of my own team? | 你觉得我会用我组里的人来换吗 |
[37:25] | Paucos immolamus ad servandos multos. | 我们牺牲少数保全大家[拉丁语] |
[37:28] | We sacrifice the few to save the many. | 我们牺牲少数保全大家 |
[37:38] | 12 days? | 十二天吗 |
[37:39] | 12 weeks! | 十二周 |
[37:46] | Hey, Dolores. | 德洛丽丝 |
[37:48] | I just need two minutes of his time. | 我就占用他两分钟 |
[37:49] | Dr. Oppenheimer doesn’t have an opening until the 18th. | 奥本海默博士在十八号之前都没空 |
[37:52] | – It’ll just take– – It’ll have to wait till he’s back from D.C. | -只花… -得等他从华盛顿回来 |
[37:54] | He’s already down in the car. | 他已经上车走了 |
[37:56] | – I’ll ride with him. That’ll do. – No, Frank. | -我跟他一起去就行了 -不 法兰克 |
[37:58] | – Frank, there’s… – Thanks, Dolores. | -法兰克 这 -谢谢 德洛丽丝 |
[38:05] | We can cut 12 weeks off Akley’s timeline. | 我们能比奥克利的进度快十二周 |
[38:11] | I thought we were going to the airport. | 我以为你是要去机场 |
[38:15] | Lamy train depot. | 去拉米火车站 |
[38:18] | General’s seen fit to ground me. | 将军认为我更适合在地面上 |
[38:21] | It’s too dangerous to fly. Isn’t that right, Tommy? | 乘飞机太危险了 对吗 汤米 |
[38:27] | It’s very touching, their concern for my health. | 他们这么关心我的安危真是感人 |
[38:32] | It’s been road-tested and triple-checked, Robert. | 这已经实测过了并且再三确认过 罗伯特 |
[38:36] | If you’ll just give me some IBM machines | 要是你能给我几台IBM计算机 |
[38:38] | and 30 more men, | 再给我三十个人 |
[38:39] | I can have the hydrodynamics worked out in the next month. | 我一个月内就能解决流体力学的问题 |
[38:45] | This country, the Valles Caldera… | 这个国家 这个瓦莱斯火山口… |
[38:49] | we call it a desert, but it’s a crematorium. | 我们称之为沙漠 但其实就是火葬场 |
[38:54] | The mesas, all of it– fallout from a volcano | 所有这些岩滩 由一百五十万年前 |
[38:57] | that exploded a million and a half years ago. | 火山爆发沉降而成 |
[39:02] | Someday it’ll detonate again, and everything you see | 总有一天它会再次爆发 你所见的一切 |
[39:05] | will be buried. | 都将被掩埋 |
[39:07] | Just a question of time. | 只是时间问题 |
[39:12] | There are forces beyond our control. | 有些力量在我们无法控制 |
[39:17] | The United States Army is one of them. | 美国陆军就是其中之一 |
[39:22] | Your group’s going to be dissolved, Frank. | 你的小组将被解散 法兰克 |
[39:25] | – What? – We’re building Akley’s bomb. | -什么 -我们决定造奥克利的炸弹 |
[39:28] | – The ship has sailed. – Well, turn it around. | -时机已过[船已远航] -那就让它调头 |
[39:31] | This war chews up four American kids every hour. | 这场战争每小时都有我国的士兵为之牺牲 |
[39:33] | I just handed you 8,000 lives. | 我刚给你看的能救八千条命 |
[39:37] | Man is made by his belief. | 一个人的信仰决定了他的内心 |
[39:40] | As he believes, so he is. | 有什么信仰 人就是什么样 |
[39:43] | The army believes in the Thin Man. | 军方相信瘦子 |
[39:44] | I don’t give a shit about the army. | 我才不管军方怎么想 |
[39:47] | That’s your mistake. | 这就是你的不对了 |
[39:49] | Tommy. | 汤米 |
[40:07] | What about you, Robert? | 你呢 罗伯特 |
[40:09] | What do you believe? | 你相信什么 |
[40:11] | I believe the world is on fire. | 我相信世界正处于战火之中 |
[40:14] | And Thin Man’s our chance to put it out. | 瘦子就是我们熄灭战火的机会 |
[40:17] | You’ll report directly to Akley. | 你直接向奥克利报到 |
[40:50] | Hey, wait! That’s my equipment. | 等一下 这些都是我的设备 |
[41:12] | Glen, what the hell is this? | 格兰 这是怎么回事 |
[41:14] | Got my dishonorable discharge. | 我被开除了 |
[41:17] | Colonel’s shipping me off-site. | 上校会把我调到外地 |
[41:19] | No. We’ll go over his head. | 不行 我们去找他的上级 |
[41:21] | It’s not just me. | 不只是我 |
[41:23] | It’s the whole group. | 整个小组都要送走 |
[41:24] | I’ll call the Secretary of War. | 我去给战争部长打电话 |
[41:26] | I’ll tell him our work is vital | 我要告诉他我们的工作 |
[41:27] | to the success of this project. | 对计划成功至关重要 |
[41:28] | Frank. Frank. | 法兰克 法兰克 |
[41:38] | You were the best student I ever had. | 你是我教过最优秀的学生 |
[41:43] | And you know | 你也知道 |
[41:45] | that I would back you to the edge of the Earth. | 就算山穷水尽我也会支持你 |
[41:51] | But I think we just fell off it. | 但我们也许真的无路可走了 |
[42:55] | Abby, what the hell did you do to Joey’s hair? | 艾比 你怎么把乔伊的头发理成这样了 |
[43:00] | They are reading our mail. | 他们拆我们的信 |
[43:03] | – What? – All the children have head lice | -什么 -这里的孩子都有头虱 |
[43:05] | and they are reading our mail. | 还有他们拆阅我们的信 |
[43:07] | He’s three years old. He can barely read his name. | 他才三岁 连自己的名字都认不全 |
[43:09] | I mailed this yesterday. | 这是我昨天寄出去的 |
[43:10] | A private letter from me to my father | 是我寄给我爸的私人信件 |
[43:12] | and they made notes in the margin. | 他们居然在边上做了标注 |
[43:14] | – Who did? – I don’t know who. | -谁干的 -我怎么知道 |
[43:15] | – Spies, the army, I don’t know. – Abigail. | -间谍 军队 我不知道 -艾比盖尔 |
[43:17] | This place, these people, they are all crazy. | 这破地人人都疯了 |
[43:18] | We cannot– I will not stay. | 我们不能 我决不再待下去了 |
[43:20] | You’re hysterical. | 你这是歇斯底里 |
[43:21] | I can’t even tell him where we live. | 我甚至不能告诉他我们住在哪 |
[43:22] | I can’t even tell him that our house is painted green. | 我连咱家房子是绿色的都不能说 |
[43:25] | It’ll take some adjustment, that’s all. | 的确需要适应一段时间 如此而已 |
[43:27] | No, we are going back to Brookline | 不行 我们这就回布鲁克林 |
[43:28] | and we can stay with my parents. | 我们可以住在我父母家 |
[43:30] | No, we are not going anywhere! | 我们哪儿都不去 |
[43:32] | Listen to me. This is our home. | 听着 这就是我们的家 |
[43:34] | I made a commitment. It is done. | 我做了承诺 木已成舟 |
[43:39] | We’re here till the end of the war. | 战争结束我们才能走 |
[44:08] | It’s the altitude. | 这里海拔太高了 |
[44:13] | Charlie, Charlie, please, | 查理 查理 求你了 |
[44:15] | why in God’s name would we stay here? | 我们到底为什么要待在这 |
[44:27] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[44:29] | What I’m about to tell you | 我接下来告诉你的事 |
[44:32] | is highly classified. | 是高度机密 |
[44:55] | Hey, how are we doing? | 玩得开心吗 |
[44:58] | Coming through. | 借过 |
[45:06] | Oh! Sorry. | 抱歉 |
[45:07] | I knew you wouldn’t let a little wind spoil your party. | 我就知道这点小风刮不走你的派对 |
[45:10] | We’ll make a housewife out of you yet, Liza Winter. | 我们会把你培养成个好主妇 莱莎·温特 |
[45:12] | I look forward to that, Rose. | 那真是太好了 罗斯 |
[45:14] | Where’s your husband? | 你丈夫呢 |
[45:15] | I’m afraid that’s above my security clearance. | 只怕他的行踪我还无权过问 |
[45:18] | Excuse me. | 失陪了 |
[45:23] | Take it through there. | 拿到那边去 |
[45:26] | I finally get used to the desert air, | 我好不容易适应了沙漠气候 |
[45:27] | then they send me off to Site W | 他们又要调我去W站 |
[45:29] | to study the effects of alpha particles | 去研究阿尔法粒子 |
[45:31] | on salmon reproduction. | 对鲑鱼养殖的影响 |
[45:34] | Fish sex. | 鱼类交配 |
[45:34] | Well, it beats the Chickasaw Ordnance Works. | 那也比去契卡索军工厂强多了 |
[45:37] | They’re shipping my ass off to Tennessee. | 他们要把我送到田纳西去 |
[45:39] | I told my mother I got a promotion. | 我还跟我妈说我升职了 |
[45:44] | Pace yourself there, seabiscuit. | 悠着点 海饼干 |
[45:47] | Jesus, this is a 15-year-old scotch. | 我的天 这可是15年的威士忌 |
[46:23] | The man of the hour. | 焦点人物来啦 |
[46:45] | Where have you been? | 你去哪了 |
[46:47] | I have half the PhDs in America | 全美国一半的博士 |
[46:50] | eating canapes in our front room. | 都在我们家客厅吃点心 |
[46:52] | Well, get rid of them. | 让他们回去 |
[46:55] | What? | 什么 |
[46:57] | Cancel the party. | 取消派对 |
[47:13] | Did something happen at work? | 工作上出什么事了吗 |
[47:16] | Work is fine. | 工作挺好 |
[47:20] | We made a deal when we came here. | 我们来时约好了的 |
[47:22] | I would never ask you questions | 我绝不问问题 |
[47:24] | unless I absolutely needed answers | 除非我非要得到答案不可 |
[47:25] | and you would never lie to me. | 而你绝不能对我撒谎 |
[47:27] | And I haven’t. | 我没撒谎 |
[47:40] | Frank. | 法兰克 |
[47:44] | Do you remember when I presented that paper | 你还记得以前我介绍过的 |
[47:47] | on the Purple Orchid? | 那篇紫色兰花论文吗 |
[47:51] | Orchis Mascula. | 红门兰 |
[47:54] | It lives on three continents. | 生长在三个大洲 |
[47:57] | Sun or shade, | 向阳荫蔽皆可 |
[47:58] | from Spain to Siberia, | 从西班牙到西伯利亚 |
[47:59] | it can survive almost anywhere. | 它几乎能在任何地方生存 |
[48:02] | But it can’t survive alone. | 但它却无法独自生存 |
[48:05] | It’s got a partner. | 它有个伙伴 |
[48:08] | It attaches itself to the roots of the orchid. | 它紧附在兰花的根上 |
[48:12] | It’s called a mycorrhiza. | 叫做根菌 |
[48:14] | And they make up their own little ecosystem. | 它们创造了自己的生态系统 |
[48:19] | If you cut off that communication, | 如果切断了那种联系 |
[48:23] | the orchid just shuts down. | 兰花就会枯萎 |
[48:28] | We had our own ecosystem. | 我们也有自己的生态系统 |
[48:32] | The two of us. | 我们俩 |
[48:35] | You’re not a flower. | 你又不是花 |
[48:41] | We’re not talking about me, Frank. | 我们现在说的不是我 法兰克 |
[48:48] | I’m protecting our family. | 我是在保护我们的这个家 |
[48:54] | From what? | 因为什么 |
[49:24] | I hear you all had fun last night. | 听说你们昨晚都玩得很开心 |
[49:29] | Your husband must be important to | 你丈夫一定很重要 |
[49:30] | rate a place on Snob Hollow. | 可以在小人洞有个住处 |
[49:32] | I’d live in a wigwam | 我情愿住在棚屋里 |
[49:33] | if it would help them build it any faster. | 要是那样能让他们造得快点的话 |
[49:36] | Build what? | 造什么 |
[49:39] | Your husband told you something. | 你丈夫肯定跟你说了些什么 |
[49:41] | Well, don’t hold out. | 别藏着掖着呀 |
[49:48] | They call it the Gadget. | 他们把它叫做小玩意 |
[49:52] | It’s a very complicated radar system | 是一个非常复杂的雷达系统 |
[49:55] | that can spot one of Hitler’s warplanes | 能从世界的这头侦察到 |
[49:57] | from the other side of the world. | 世界那一头希特勒的战机 |
[50:03] | There’s no telling how many lives they’re going to save. | 就不用说他们能拯救多少生命了 |
[50:19] | Conclusive proof, | 证据确凿 |
[50:20] | Orientals cannot hold their drink. | 东方人不胜酒力 |
[50:22] | All right, | 好吧 |
[50:23] | why don’t you sit this one out, buddy? | 你还是别捡这个了 伙计 |
[50:25] | You people, you got your heads in the sand. | 你们这些人 你们都是缩头乌龟 |
[50:27] | You send your kids to school right next to it. | 让孩子们在那附近上学 |
[50:30] | Lie to your wives about it. | 向你们的妻子撒谎 |
[50:52] | You don’t like fireworks? | 你不喜欢烟花吗 |
[50:55] | Bombs bursting in air? | 在空中爆炸的炸弹吗 |
[50:56] | Nah, not much. | 我可不喜欢 |
[51:01] | You read a paper of mine. | 你看过我的论文 |
[51:04] | “New Approach to Nuclear Cosmology.” | “核宇宙学的新探究方法” |
[51:06] | – Right. – Your approach wasn’t… | -没错 -你的方法并不算 |
[51:10] | new. | 创新 |
[51:11] | The judges of the Forbes Prize didn’t see a problem. | 福布斯奖的评审可没觉得有问题 |
[51:15] | They wouldn’t. | 他们当然不会觉得 |
[51:18] | You know, after you rejected my paper, | 在你拒绝发表我的论文后 |
[51:23] | I read everything you ever published. | 我读了你发表的所有文章 |
[51:27] | You’ll do fine. | 你会做的很好的 |
[51:29] | You’re Akley’s new toy, right? | 你是奥克利的新玩具 不是吗 |
[51:35] | Can I ask you something? | 我能问你点事吗 |
[51:40] | What about the next war? | 下一场战争怎么办 |
[51:44] | What happens when Stalin’s got one? | 如果斯大林也造出来了呢 |
[51:47] | China? | 中国呢 |
[51:49] | The Shah of Iran. | 伊朗国王呢 |
[51:59] | You know the story of the golem? | 你知道傀儡假人的传说吗[以色列传说] |
[52:03] | A rabbi wanted to protect the Jews of Prague, | 一名拉比想要保护布拉格的犹太人 |
[52:07] | so he built an automaton out of mud, | 于是他用泥造了个机器人 |
[52:11] | brought it to life. | 赋予了它生命 |
[52:12] | First the golem kills the enemies of the Jews. | 一开始傀儡假人杀了犹太人的敌人 |
[52:15] | Then it turns on Jews themselves. | 接着它转而开始杀害犹太人 |
[52:18] | See, he couldn’t control it. | 你看 他没法控制住它 |
[52:21] | He’d built Frankenstein’s monster. | 他造出了弗兰肯斯坦因的怪物[科学怪人] |
[52:27] | You been to Prague lately? | 你最近去过布拉格吗 |
[52:30] | There aren’t any Jews left. | 那儿已经找不到犹太人了 |
[53:02] | There’s something I need to tell you. | 有些事我得告诉你 |
[53:06] | We’re building a weapon. | 我们在造一种武器 |
[53:08] | It’s not like any weapon the world’s ever seen. | 不同于世人曾见过的任何武器 |
[53:12] | It draws its energy from a fast-neutron chain reaction. | 它的能量来自于快速中子链式反应 |
[53:17] | It releases the power of an ancient star. | 释放出远古恒星蕴含的威力 |
[53:21] | If it works, | 如果成功了 |
[53:23] | and it’s going to work, | 而且它必将成功 |
[53:27] | it’ll be more destructive than all the bombs | 历史上所有战争中的炸弹加起来 |
[53:29] | dropped in all the wars in history put together. | 毁灭性都远不及它 |
[53:35] | It’ll bring armies to their knees. | 它会让敌人臣服 |
[53:38] | Cities will disappear in the blink of an eye. | 城市会在眨眼间灰飞烟灭 |
[53:41] | The world will be united in peace | 在人类的历史中 |
[53:43] | by the most just and noble country | 最公正与高尚的国家将会 |
[53:44] | in the history of mankind. | 一统世界 铸造和平 |
[53:47] | Or it will burn to the ground. | 亦或毁灭整个世界 |
[53:50] | Whoever builds it first, | 不管谁先造出来 |
[53:53] | that’s the endgame. | 都将是游戏的终点 |
[53:55] | So it has to be us. | 所以必须是我们 |
[54:01] | Whatever it costs. | 不惜一切代价 |
[54:09] | No inglés. | 我不懂英语 |