时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:03] | You’re building an atomic bomb. | 你正在研制原子弹 |
[00:04] | What I would like is my share of the plutonium. | 我想要我的那份钚 |
[00:06] | If Frank could prove that implosion was more than a fairy tale, | 如果法兰克能证明内爆并非幻想 |
[00:09] | – I’d give him all the plutonium he wants. – Fine. | -他要多少钚材料我都给 -好 |
[00:12] | I don’t feel bad for you. | 我并不是替你难过 |
[00:13] | I feel bad for those suckers in your group | 我是替你团队里的那些被你拖累的人 |
[00:14] | that you’re taking down with you. | 感到难过 |
[00:17] | Get home safe. | 回家路上小心 |
[00:18] | I don’t know what’s gotten into him since we’ve gotten here. | 他来到这以后 我都不知道他怎么了 |
[00:20] | Half the time he’s brooding | 一半时间他在沉思 |
[00:21] | and the other half he can’t keep his hands to himself. | 另一半时间里 他手总不老实 |
[00:25] | You’ve got to help me, Frank. Please, I’m not a spy. | 你得帮我 法兰克 我不是间谍 |
[00:27] | Sid Liao is not a traitor. | 希德·廖才不是什么叛徒 |
[00:28] | 48 hours ago, our group was on the chopping block. | 48小时前 我们整个团队都要不保了 |
[00:31] | Now we’re back in this office. | 而现在又重新开始工作 |
[00:33] | You said you would protect Sid. | 你说过你会保护希德 |
[00:34] | Your group is intact. You got what you asked for. | 你的小组完好无损 你想要的也到手了 |
[00:36] | Outside parties have taken an interest in your man. | 外边有人盯上你们了 |
[00:38] | Technically you’re nowhere talking to no one. | 严格来讲 你哪都不在 没跟任何人说话 |
[00:41] | I’m not a spy. | 我不是间谍 |
[00:45] | The plutonium will remain with Dr. Akley’s group. | 钚材料还是属于奥克利博士的小组 |
[00:49] | He’s got my sidearm. | 他拿了我的配枪 |
[00:51] | Whoa, buddy. | 注意点 伙计 |
[00:53] | Show me your pass. | 出示一下通行证 |
[00:59] | What did I do? | 我都干了什么啊 |
[01:57] | 私人物品 希德·廖 | |
[02:27] | Private Dunlavey. | 二等兵登勒维 |
[02:32] | Ready, Sir. | 我准备好了 长官 |
[02:33] | Get your trunks. Colonel’s been waiting. | 去拿你的行李 上校在等你 |
[02:36] | I didn’t know I was supposed to pack. | 我之前并不知道需要打包行李 |
[02:39] | Am I being discharged? | 我是要被开除军籍了吗 |
[02:54] | You’ll swim out to the middle. | 游到中间去 |
[02:57] | I don’t swim well. | 我不怎么会游 |
[02:58] | It’s landlocked where I’m from. | 我的家乡没什么水 |
[03:00] | Then you’ll be the first guy in history to drown in the desert. | 那你就要成为史上第一个在沙漠里淹死的人了 |
[03:22] | Private, I need a full report | 二等兵 我要你完整地 |
[03:24] | of what happened at the gate. | 汇报一下大门那儿发生的事 |
[03:27] | What, here? | 什么 在这儿说吗 |
[03:31] | It was 1900 hours. | 当时是晚上七点 |
[03:34] | I saw that the driver had a weapon | 我看见那个司机携带着武器 |
[03:38] | and I didn’t have time to think, Sir. | 我根本没时间多想 长官 |
[03:41] | Maybe I could have disarmed him | 也许我可以抢下他的武器 |
[03:43] | or shot to wound. | 或者只是击伤他 |
[03:44] | You fired on a civilian, soldier. | 你对一个平民开了枪 士兵 |
[03:46] | I need answers, not questions. | 我需要的是答案 不是问题 |
[03:47] | Sir, I was afraid for the safety of my fellow soldier. | 长官 我当时担心其他战友的安全 |
[03:54] | Dunlavey, you are hereby promoted to the rank of E3 | 登勒维 我现在宣布将你升为一等兵 |
[03:57] | for bravery against enemy attack. | 以嘉奖你此次面对敌袭的英勇行为 |
[03:59] | Effective today, you’ll work in my office | 即日起生效 你以后在我的办公室里执勤 |
[04:01] | reporting directly to me. | 直接向我汇报 |
[04:04] | I– I don’t understand, Sir. | 我不太明白 长官 |
[04:08] | Walls in this base are so thin | 这个基地里的墙壁都太薄了 |
[04:09] | they don’t need ears. | 太容易走漏消息 |
[04:11] | When the rest of the Hill finds out that you pulled the trigger, | 如果镇上其他人知道是你开的枪 |
[04:14] | people are gonna come to you with questions. | 他们会有很多问题要问你的 |
[04:16] | – I expect you to tell the truth. – Yes, Sir. Of course. | -我希望你能实话实说 -遵命 长官 |
[04:19] | You ensured the safety of this base. | 你保护了这个基地的安全 |
[04:21] | Sid Liao attempted to abscond with highly classified materials | 希德·廖本打算带着高度机密的材料潜逃 |
[04:25] | which you personally recovered from under the floor mats. | 但是你从脚垫下找到的 |
[04:32] | Sir, we searched Liao’s car. | 长官 我们搜查的是廖的车 |
[04:37] | That’s right, Private First Class. | 没错 一等兵 |
[04:39] | You did. | 确实如此 |
[05:37] | Attention. Your attention please. | 注意 请大家注意 |
[05:40] | A secure community is a productive community. | 只有安全的社区才能保证产量 |
[05:43] | We are a community at war. | 而我们正处于战时 |
[05:46] | After the events of this week, | 鉴于本周发生的一系列事件 |
[05:48] | the army is instituting new directives of compartmentalization | 军方开始实施新的区域管理政策 |
[05:53] | to ensure the continued security of our work | 以确保辖区内居民的人身 |
[05:55] | and of the citizens in our care. | 及工作成果的安全 |
[05:59] | From this day forward, | 即日起 |
[06:01] | each worker will have access to the information required | 任何工作人员不得获取超出 |
[06:04] | to carry out his duties and nothing more. | 自身职权范围的信息 |
[06:07] | All residents and workers regardless of clearance level | 所有居民及从业者 无论安全级别高低 |
[06:11] | are now subject to random searches. | 都要接受随机搜查 |
[06:14] | Socializing with persons outside of this community is prohibited. | 禁止与基地外人员接触 |
[06:19] | Concerned citizens should report any suspicious activity | 如发现任何可疑活动 |
[06:23] | to the security office. | 应立即向安全工作办公室报告 |
[06:26] | These measures will reinforce a sense of privacy | 该措施旨在保证本社区与外界隔绝 |
[06:29] | and peace of mind this community enjoys. | 成为战争中的世外桃源 |
[06:33] | Any failure to adhere to these policies | 任何违反以上政策的行为 |
[06:35] | will be deemed a violation of the Federal Espionage Act. | 都将被认定为触犯《联邦反间谍法》 |
[06:40] | Cooperation is appreciated. | 谢谢合作 |
[07:04] | Doesn’t look like much, | 看起来不怎么样 |
[07:05] | but I supposed bees aren’t choosy. | 但我估计蜜蜂不会太挑剔 |
[07:08] | There’s a swarm over in the cottonwoods by the PX. | 贩卖点旁边的杨木林里有个蜂群 |
[07:13] | Can’t you just spray them? | 喷杀虫剂不行吗 |
[07:15] | Oh, it’s not a trap. It’s an artificial hive. | 这个不是陷阱 是人造蜂巢 |
[07:17] | I want to study them. | 我想研究它们 |
[07:21] | I’ve been meaning to drop by and apologize. | 我一直想去拜访你表示歉意 |
[07:24] | I– about the other night. | 为那天晚上的事 |
[07:27] | – Frank’s not very good at… – Socializing? | -法兰克不太擅长 -社交吗 |
[07:33] | I found this after our dinner. | 晚饭后我发现了这个 |
[07:37] | Does it belong to your daughter? | 是你女儿的吗 |
[07:41] | It was a present from her aunt. | 是她姨妈送的礼物 |
[07:43] | Where on earth did you find it? | 你从哪找到的 |
[07:46] | In my dresser drawer stuck to a brassier. | 梳妆台抽屉里 卡在内衣上了 |
[07:51] | Well, Callie will be so grateful. | 凯莉一定很高兴 |
[08:01] | Wonder who they’re gonna murder today. | 不知道今天谁又会死在他们手上 |
[08:05] | The whole thing is horrible. | 整件事情太可怕了 |
[08:08] | But they say the spy had a gun. | 他们说那个间谍手里有枪 |
[08:11] | The spy was a 26-year-old boy from Frank’s group. | 那个间谍是法兰克组里一个26岁的孩子 |
[08:16] | Sorry. | 对不起 |
[08:20] | 私人物品 希德·廖 | |
[08:28] | What are we supposed to do with it? | 这些东西怎么处理 |
[08:31] | Someone should reach out to Annie. | 应该有人联系安妮 |
[08:33] | The army would approve a call | 军方宁可让你打给墨索里尼 |
[08:34] | to Mussolini before Sid Liao’s wife. | 也不会让你打给希德·廖的老婆的 |
[08:36] | Well, the army can approve my dick. | 让军方去死吧 |
[08:38] | Sorry. | 抱歉 |
[08:40] | Sid loaned me his toothbrush once. | 希德让我用过他的牙刷 |
[08:43] | Really? That’s repulsive. | 真的吗 怪恶心的 |
[08:45] | Someone stole mine. | 我的被人偷了 |
[08:47] | I’m just saying, I lived two doors down from the guy. | 我只是说 他的房间只和我隔了两间房 |
[08:50] | – How did we not see this coming? – Because he wasn’t a spy. | -我们怎么没看出来 -因为他不是间谍 |
[08:57] | What’s the difference now? | 现在还有区别吗 |
[08:58] | The difference is now this entire godforsaken group | 区别是这个凄惨的工作组内每个人 |
[09:00] | is gonna have its bunks tossed every night. | 每天晚上都会被仔细搜身 |
[09:01] | No, not the guy who sold him out. | 那个出卖他的人就不会 |
[09:03] | For the 100th time, Meeks– | 我说一百次了 米克斯 |
[09:04] | Someone reported him to the army. | 有人向军方举报他 |
[09:06] | You’d sell yourself out if you thought it would help your career. | 如果有助仕途 你连自己都会出卖 |
[09:09] | You know what? If I had overturned a spook, | 如果是我揪出了内鬼 |
[09:10] | I wouldn’t feel one ounce of guilt. | 我一点都不会感到愧疚 |
[09:16] | They found stolen files in his car. | 他们在他车里搜出了偷来的资料 |
[09:18] | An MP told me. | 一个宪兵告诉我的 |
[09:24] | What do you think they did with the body? | 你觉得他的尸体被怎么处理了 |
[09:37] | Who’s covering the spectrum analysis? | 谁负责做光谱分析 |
[09:40] | That was Sid’s project. | 那是希德的课题 |
[09:42] | Now it’s yours. | 现在归你了 |
[10:11] | Who’s been in my office? | 谁进过我的办公室 |
[10:12] | It was just cat nap and it was two weeks ago. | 我就在里面打了个盹 而且是两周前的事了 |
[10:16] | The shockwave analysis, | 冲击波分析报告 |
[10:17] | X-ray studies, tamper design, | X射线的研究 中子反射器的图纸 |
[10:18] | they’re all gone. | 都不见了 |
[10:21] | Those were all Sid’s assignments. | 那些都是希德的课题 |
[10:24] | Goddamn army. | 该死的军队 |
[10:33] | I heard he was a Comy. | 我听说他是个共产党 |
[10:35] | Spy or not, I don’t love the idea of some yahoo | 不管他是不是间谍 我都不喜欢 |
[10:37] | at the gate playing jury and executioner. | 让几个粗人在门口扮演陪审团和侩子手 |
[10:40] | From now on we’re supposed to call plutonium “product.” | 从现在起我们应该把钚称为”产品” |
[10:42] | And the code for uranium is “tube alloy.” | 铀的代码是”合金管” |
[10:45] | I gave Martha a little tube alloy last night. | 昨晚我给玛莎来了点合金管 |
[10:49] | Does the army have a code for “I can’t hear myself think”? | 军方有”我没法专心思考”的代码吗 |
[10:55] | What say I buy you a sandwich, Charles? | 我给你买个三明治好吗 查尔斯 |
[10:58] | You’ve worked through lunch every day this week. | 你这周每天都在午餐时间工作 |
[11:00] | Dr. Akley asked me to calculate | 奥克利博士让我精确计算出 |
[11:01] | the exact velocity of every neutron in Thin Man. | 瘦子炸弹里每个中子的速度 |
[11:05] | Diffusion alone could take a month. | 光算扩散速率就可能要一个月 |
[11:08] | You know, Reed Akley was my graduate advisor at Chicago. | 里德·奥克利是我在芝加哥的研究生导师 |
[11:12] | Start of the semester he handed me a problem to work on, | 学期初 他给了我一个课题去研究 |
[11:14] | and after a week with no sleep, | 经过了一周不眠不休的计算 |
[11:15] | I realized it was basically Fermat’s Last Theorem. | 我发现那根本就是费马大定理 |
[11:18] | Completely unsolvable. | 完全不可解 |
[11:19] | Akley was hazing me. | 奥克利在戏弄我 |
[11:26] | I’ve known fellas like you. | 我了解像你这样的人 |
[11:29] | You beat the Jew quotas. | 你打破了犹太人的名额限制 |
[11:30] | You slip in the faculty club | 穿着西装面带微笑 |
[11:31] | with a blazer and a smile. | 终于拿到了教职 |
[11:32] | You spent your whole life | 你穷尽一生的努力 |
[11:34] | fighting your way to the top of the mountain. | 只为攀上人生的巅峰 |
[11:36] | Take a look around. | 看看周围 |
[11:37] | This group in this room, | 能加入房间里的这个小组 |
[11:40] | it’s Everest. | 你已经攀上珠峰了 |
[11:42] | Quit acting like a Sherpa. | 别搞得一副夏尔巴人的样子 |
[11:48] | Hey, Captain Marvel. | 马维尔上尉 |
[11:50] | Finally got something to write home about, huh? | 给你老妈写信时终于有题材了吗 |
[11:52] | What went through your head when you shot him? | 你开枪的时候脑子里在想什么 |
[11:53] | Who told you it was me? | 谁跟你们说是我开的枪 |
[11:55] | We know what went through the Jap’s head. | 我们知道是什么打穿了那个小日本的脑袋 |
[11:57] | He was Chinese. | 他是中国人 |
[11:58] | Buddy who was at Attu Island told me | 一个在阿图岛的哥们告诉我 |
[12:00] | brains smell like Circus Peanuts. | 脑浆闻起来跟棉花软糖一样 |
[12:01] | Is that true? | 是真的吗 |
[12:03] | I don’t know. I’ve never been to the circus. | 我不知道 我从没吃过 |
[12:11] | God damn, Iowa. | 好一个美人 |
[12:12] | Already popped a spy this week. | 你这周已经破了一个间谍的脑袋了 |
[12:13] | You gonna pop your cherry, too? | 还要破了自己的处吗 |
[12:16] | *For he’s a jolly good fellow* | *他是一个快乐的好小伙* |
[12:19] | *For he’s a jolly good fellow* | *他是一个快乐的好小伙* |
[12:21] | *For he’s a jolly good fellow* | *他是一个快乐的好小伙* |
[12:25] | *Which nobody can deny* | *这点没有人不承认* |
[12:36] | Corps of Engineers sent me to the Security Offices. | 工兵部门让我去找安全部门 |
[12:38] | Security sent me to G2. | 安全部门让我去找情报部门 |
[12:40] | G2 sent me back to the Engineers. | 情报部门又让我去找工兵部门 |
[12:43] | Franz Kafka ought to sue the US Army for plagiarism. | 弗朗茨·卡夫卡应该起诉美国陆军抄袭 |
[12:46] | Where are the files? | 文件在哪 |
[12:47] | The army has taken a fine-toothed comb | 军方把所有希德·廖接触过的东西 |
[12:48] | to everything Sid Liao touched. | 都仔细检查了一遍 |
[12:50] | It could be two weeks before we get ’em back. | 也许还要两周才能把它们拿回来 |
[12:52] | – It could be two months. – Goddamn test blew up in our face. | -也许要两个月 -那个该死的实验搞砸了 |
[12:55] | Without those files, we’ll never figure out why. | 没有这些文件 我们根本找不出原因 |
[13:00] | Well, all the king’s horses and all the king’s men… | 实在是无能为力… |
[13:07] | Listen, there’s another way. | 还有其他办法 |
[13:10] | Akley’s guys. | 奥克利的手下 |
[13:12] | They ran their own shockwave studies. | 他们也在进行冲击波的研究 |
[13:13] | Detonated everything that wasn’t nailed to the ground. | 炸飞了一切没钉在地上的东西 |
[13:15] | We can move forward using their math. | 我们可以用他们的计算结果来继续实验 |
[13:18] | That’s a bullshit waste of time. | 这完全就是浪费时间 |
[13:20] | Akley understands the situation we’re in, okay? | 奥克利明白我们现在的处境 |
[13:22] | Just pay him a visit. | 去拜访一下他 |
[13:25] | Kiss the ring if you have to. | 不得已的时候也得卑躬屈膝 |
[13:28] | Otherwise, that kid, he died for nothing. | 否则那个孩子就白死了 |
[13:36] | Sir, can I see your badge? | 先生 能出示下你的工牌吗 |
[13:38] | I’m here to see Reed Akley. | 我是来见里德·奥克利的 |
[13:40] | You’ve been guarding this post since April. | 从四月份起你就在这里守门了 |
[13:41] | How many times have you seen me walk through it? | 你都见我进去多少次了 |
[13:43] | That was before the incident at the gate. | 那是在大门出事之前 |
[13:45] | You need a new pass from the Security Office. | 你需要去安全办公室办新的通行证 |
[13:47] | That could take a week. | 那得花上一周 |
[13:50] | Here. | 给你 |
[13:52] | Here’s 10 ration stamps. Go get him. | 这是十张粮票 去把他叫出来 |
[14:01] | They do this for free? | 他们免费这么做吗 |
[14:05] | You don’t even have to tip them? | 连小费都不用给 |
[14:08] | You could invite one of them in for a glass of lemonade. | 你可以请他们中的一个喝一杯柠檬水 |
[14:11] | I drive in circles on Pajarito Road | 我在帕哈里托公路上开了好几圈 |
[14:13] | just to get the car dirty again. | 就为了再把车弄脏 |
[14:16] | They work so hard. | 他们工作真认真 |
[14:17] | You know they’ve been pulling double shifts at the gate? | 你知道现在大门使用双班制了吗 |
[14:20] | All because of one bad apple. | 一颗老鼠屎坏了一锅汤 |
[14:22] | More like one bad Japple. | 不如说是因为一个该死的日本人 |
[14:23] | This is why God invented internment camps. | 这就是为什么上帝发明了收容所 |
[14:25] | Dot, the boy was Chinese. | 多特 那个男孩是中国人 |
[14:28] | I stamped his badge myself in the Credentials Office. | 我亲自在凭证处给他办的工牌 |
[14:32] | Abby, did you get your work credential yet? | 艾比 你拿到你的工作许可了吗 |
[14:33] | Oh, mother of a three-year-old is plenty of job for me. | 当一个三岁小孩的妈已经够我忙的了 |
[14:37] | We all work, dear. | 我们都有工作 亲爱的 |
[14:39] | Eleanor Roosevelt says we mustn’t stand in our husband’s shadow. | 埃莉诺·罗斯福说我们不能站在丈夫的影子里 |
[14:42] | If I looked like Eleanor Roosevelt, | 如果我长成她那样 |
[14:43] | I’d stand as far in the shadows as possible. | 我一定会尽可能躲在影子里的 |
[14:46] | I don’t know how to do anything. | 我什么都不会做 |
[14:48] | Nonsense. Gladys is expecting a visit from the stork. | 胡说 格拉黛丝快生了 |
[14:51] | You can take over her job. | 你可以接手她的工作 |
[14:53] | You seem like a very good listener. | 你看起来是个很好的倾听者 |
[14:59] | Would you mind looking under my hood? | 能帮我看看引擎吗 |
[15:12] | Frank, what can I do for you? | 法兰克 有什么可以为你效劳的 |
[15:13] | You can go get your boss. I need to talk to a grown-up. | 把你老板找来 我不跟小孩儿谈 |
[15:16] | Dr. Akley doesn’t take walk-ins. | 奥克利博士不见没预约过的人 |
[15:17] | I’m the best you’re gonna do. | 你也只能跟我谈了 |
[15:24] | The army confiscated half my files last night. | 军方昨晚拿走了我一半的文件 |
[15:26] | I’m sorry to hear that. | 听到这个消息我很遗憾 |
[15:28] | And I’m sorry to hear about what happened to your guy. | 我也对你手下的遭遇感到遗憾 |
[15:30] | I don’t need your sympathy. | 我不需要你的同情 |
[15:31] | I need Akley’s shockwave studies. | 我需要奥克利的冲击波研究资料 |
[15:34] | You insult me every time we talk. | 每次谈话你都要侮辱我 |
[15:37] | You throw a lousy dinner party. | 你办了一个糟糕的派对 |
[15:38] | – Jesus Christ. – But honestly, | -天啊 -但说实话 |
[15:39] | if it wasn’t for the new security rules, | 如果不是因为最新的安全条例 |
[15:41] | I’d help you, Frank. | 我就帮你了 法兰克 |
[15:42] | Science depends on the free exchange of ideas. | 科学需要自由交换观点 |
[15:44] | And, as much as it galls me to say it, | 尽管我不想这样说 |
[15:47] | implosion is an elegant solution. | 但是内爆是个很棒的方案 |
[15:49] | Then go get me the shockwave study. | 那就把你们冲击波的研究资料给我 |
[15:51] | And lose my job? | 然后丢掉我的工作吗 |
[15:52] | Never mind the shit I took from my group | 更别提你骗我给你钚那次之后 |
[15:54] | after you conned me into giving you the plutonium. | 我组里人是怎么对待我的 |
[15:56] | Akley dismisses implosion | 奥克利放弃内爆 |
[15:57] | because he doesn’t believe it’ll win this war, that’s fine. | 因为他不相信这能打赢战争 这没关系 |
[16:00] | But someone who knows it’ll work but won’t help | 但你明知道它有用却不肯帮忙 |
[16:02] | because he’s scared of being teased by a bunch of sycophants? | 只是因为害怕被一群马屁精嘲笑 |
[16:06] | You’re worthless. | 你真没用 |
[16:09] | And you’re a self-righteous old man | 而你是个自以为是 |
[16:11] | on his professional deathbed. | 职业生涯即将终结的老头 |
[16:16] | I’ve made sacrifices for this project | 我为这个项目所做的牺牲 |
[16:18] | you couldn’t possibly fathom. | 你根本无法想象 |
[16:20] | Watch out for a man on his deathbed. | 小心那些已踏上末路的人 |
[16:21] | He’s got nothing to lose. | 光脚的不怕穿鞋的 |
[16:24] | Akley might not know what you really are, | 奥克利可能并不真正了解你 |
[16:27] | but I do. | 但我了解 |
[16:35] | Effective yielding stress, 300,000 pounds per square inch. | 有效屈服应力是21亿帕 |
[16:38] | Detonation velocity, 6700 meters per second. | 爆炸速度是6700米/秒 |
[16:42] | Heat of explosion, 650 calories per gram. | 爆炸产热是650卡/克 |
[16:44] | What was the– what was the collapse ratio again? | 回缩比是多少来着 |
[16:48] | Uh, I don’t know. .546? | 0.546吧 |
[16:52] | No, .564. | 不对 是0.564 |
[16:54] | Damn it. | 见鬼 |
[16:57] | We need that shockwave study. | 我们需要冲击波的研究资料 |
[16:58] | I cornered Akley at the gate. | 我在大门那里堵住奥克利了 |
[16:59] | The son of a bitch stonewalled me. | 可那个混蛋根本不搭理我 |
[17:02] | I don’t know if he’s scared to break compartmentalization | 不知道他是太害怕打破对立的局面 |
[17:04] | or he just enjoys watching us twist in the wind. | 还是想看我们喝西北风的惨样 |
[17:09] | This math was flawless. | 数学推导明明完美无缺 |
[17:11] | Immutable laws of physics. It should have worked. | 基于物理定律 应该没错啊 |
[17:14] | A lot of things should have worked, Frank. | 不该出错的事多了 法兰克 |
[17:17] | But the law doesn’t take into account human error. | 但定律里又没考虑人为失误 |
[17:20] | So here we are. | 才会造成现在的结果 |
[17:24] | The kid’s gone. So are his files. | 那孩子已经死了 资料也没了 |
[17:35] | We’re going over Akley’s head. | 我去越过奥克利找他上级 |
[17:41] | I just never thought we’d be a two-income family. | 我只是没想过家里会有两份收入 |
[17:43] | 40 cents an hour? | 每小时四十美分 |
[17:45] | More like one income and some pocket change. | 更像是一份收入外加点零钱 |
[17:48] | If Daddy found out I was getting a job, he’d keel over. | 要是爸爸发现我找了工作 他会吓晕的 |
[17:51] | Maybe we should call and tell him. | 不如我们打个电话告诉他 |
[17:54] | You’re a modern woman. | 你成了摩登女郎了 |
[17:55] | – Charlie! – I think it’s sexy. | -查理 -性感极了 |
[17:58] | Anyway, they haven’t hired me yet. | 不管怎样 他们还没决定录用我 |
[17:59] | Apparently I have to pass an exam. | 我得先通过测试 |
[18:00] | You know I don’t test well. | 你也知道我不擅长测试 |
[18:02] | It’s not that kind of test. | 这跟之前的测试不同 |
[18:03] | Liza Winter failed it and she’s a PhD. | 莱莎·温特都没考过 她还是个博士呢 |
[18:06] | I hear that’s why she doesn’t work. | 我听说她是因此才不工作的 |
[18:08] | I wish her husband failed it. | 真希望她丈夫也没考过 |
[18:14] | If I didn’t know any better, Mrs. Isaacs, | 要不是我了解你 艾萨克夫人 |
[18:16] | I’d think you actually want this job. | 我就会觉得你真心想要这份工作 |
[18:18] | I don’t want the job. | 我不想要这份工作 |
[18:19] | I want them to want me for the job. | 我希望他们想要我做这份工作 |
[18:24] | Sit back and relax. There are no wrong answers. | 向后靠 放松 测试没有错误答案 |
[18:33] | How many alcoholic beverages do you consume per week? | 你每周喝多少酒精饮料 |
[18:37] | Um, a little Manischewitz at Passover. | 逾越节的时候会喝点逾越酒 |
[18:41] | What is the total value of your household assets? | 你家里一共有多少资产 |
[18:44] | Charlie and I have just over $900 | 查理和我在米德塞克斯银行 |
[18:47] | in a savings account at Middlesex Bank. | 有个储蓄账户存了九百多美元 |
[18:49] | And we own our car. | 我们还有辆车 |
[18:52] | And… there’s a separate trust in my name. | 我的名下还有个信托基金 |
[18:57] | The amount is around 200,000. | 金额大约有二十万 |
[19:03] | Did you know Sidney James Liao? | 你认识希德尼·詹姆斯·廖吗 |
[19:06] | No. | 不认识 |
[19:09] | Have you ever been charged with or convicted of a crime? | 你曾被起诉或定过罪吗 |
[19:12] | Yes. | 是的 |
[19:13] | Have you ever been charged with or convicted of a felony? | 你曾被起诉或定过重罪吗 |
[19:17] | Yes. | 是的 |
[19:18] | I borrowed my piano teacher’s Studebaker. | 我曾借走了钢琴老师的斯图贝克汽车 |
[19:21] | It was a misunderstanding. She dropped the charges. | 那是个误会 后来她撤消了指控 |
[19:27] | Have you ever had relations with a man outside your marriage? | 你跟别的男人有过婚外情吗 |
[19:35] | No. | 没有 |
[19:37] | Have you ever been an officer or a member | 你是否曾加入或组织过 |
[19:39] | of an organization dedicated to the violent | 任何以推翻美国政府 |
[19:41] | overthrow of the United States government? | 为目标的暴力团伙 |
[19:46] | Um, no. | 没有 |
[19:52] | The Colonel’s not in. | 上校不在 |
[19:54] | Well, where is he? I will go to him. | 那他在哪 我去找他 |
[19:56] | He doesn’t wish to see you, Dr. Winter. | 他不想见您 温特博士 |
[20:00] | Tell him to wish in one hand and shit in the other. | 那你告诉他 想躲我尽管去躲 |
[20:02] | See which fills up first. | 看我找不找得到他 |
[20:06] | Make sure he’s not allowed back into this building. | 以后不许他再进这栋楼 |
[20:09] | 邮寄 收信 陆军妇女进团办公室 档案室 | |
[20:09] | Right this way, ma’am. | 这边走 女士 |
[20:13] | Thank you, ma’am. | 谢谢 女士 |
[20:18] | You passed with flying colors. | 你通过考试真是毫无悬念 |
[20:21] | Truth is, this job is just like Harvard. | 事实上 这工作跟申请哈佛一模一样 |
[20:23] | – Getting in is the hardest part. – Oh, good. | -被录取是最难的一关 -太好了 |
[20:26] | Okay, suspicious words and phrases. | 好了 这些是可疑词汇和短语 |
[20:28] | Updated hourly since the Shootout at O.K. Corral. | 在OK牧场枪战后就每小时更新一次了 |
[20:31] | You hear any of these words, | 你只要听见这上面的词出现 |
[20:33] | you’re gonna press this button | 就按这个键 |
[20:35] | and security will hop on the line. | 安保人员就会开始监听 |
[20:38] | Can’t say chop suey? | 连”炒杂烩”都不能说 |
[20:41] | None of us speaks Chinese, so no. | 这里没人懂中文 所以不行 |
[20:44] | Anyway, Dr. Oppenheimer is 146. | 总之 奥本海默博士的分机号是146 |
[20:46] | Maintenance is 138. Colonel is 99. | 维护人员是138 上校是99 |
[20:49] | Where’s the directory? | 号码簿在哪 |
[20:52] | Do not answer that. | 请不要回应 |
[20:55] | What did they ask that was so bad? | 他们问了什么很重要的事吗 |
[20:58] | Could be, “What time is it there?” | 也许是”那边几点了” |
[21:00] | “What’d you do at work today?” | “今天上班都干什么了” |
[21:02] | He wanted to know if she was cooking Sloppy Joes for dinner. | 他想知道她晚饭做的是不是懒人汉堡 |
[21:10] | What’s wrong with that? | 有什么问题吗 |
[21:11] | Nothing. They were boring me. | 没有 我听着无聊 |
[21:16] | – I’m Abby. – Elodie. | -我是艾比 -我是伊洛蒂 |
[21:19] | Enchante. | 幸会 |
[21:22] | Enchante. | 幸会 |
[21:25] | Charlie, join us at the PX. | 查理 跟我们一起去军营贩卖部吧 |
[21:27] | Or are you gonna keep pondering the mysteries of your navel? | 还是说你要羞答答地躲在这里 |
[21:30] | I brought leftovers, thanks. | 我带了剩菜 谢了 |
[21:32] | We can set up a scholarship fund | 如果你老婆给你的钱不够买午饭 |
[21:34] | if your wife’s not giving you enough lunch money. | 我们可以设个奖学金资助你 |
[21:36] | At least then you could say that you achieved something today. | 那样你至少算是做了点实事 |
[21:39] | You haven’t written on that board in two days. | 你两天都没在黑板上算东西了 |
[21:41] | Physics is 90% thinking, | 物理90%靠脑子想 |
[21:43] | 9% writing, and 1% talking. | 9%用手算 1%用嘴说 |
[21:46] | I’ve never met so many one-percenters in my life. | 我第一次碰到这么多只靠动嘴皮子的人 |
[21:49] | For the last three months, | 在过去三个月里 |
[21:50] | while you’ve been making your name writing school papers | 你在大学里写论文打响名气 |
[21:52] | and eating Cracker Jacks at Fenway, | 看棒球吃零食享受生活的时候 |
[21:53] | we’ve been stuck in this desert shithole working six days a week. | 我们却要在这破沙漠里每周六天地努力工作 |
[21:58] | I know another tortured genius | 还有一个趾高气昂的天才 |
[21:59] | who pisses on everyone from his high horse. | 这里没一个人待见他 |
[22:02] | He’s got an office in the old groundskeeper’s shed out back. | 后面的旧管理员小屋给他做办公室了 |
[22:05] | If you’re not gonna join this group, | 如果你不愿意加入我们这个小组 |
[22:06] | maybe you should go share your leftovers with Frank Winter. | 那你不如去跟法兰克·温特一起吃剩饭 |
[22:11] | You want me to join the group? All right. | 你想要我加入你们 那好 |
[22:15] | How long you been working on this for? A week? | 这些你们算了多久了 一周吗 |
[22:21] | I’ve known fellas like you, too. | 我也见过你们这样的人 |
[22:25] | Vacuous. The empty space between stars. | 脑袋空空如也 一如恒星之间的真空 |
[22:34] | Two weeks? | 这些算了两周吗 |
[22:36] | See, there is no group. | 你们看 根本没什么小组 |
[22:43] | There’s Reed Akley… | 这里只有里德·奥克利 |
[22:48] | and there’s me. | 还有我 |
[22:52] | And the biggest mystery | 从我来到这开始 |
[22:55] | I’ve been pondering since I got here… | 怎么都想不明白的一个”宇宙奥秘” |
[23:04] | is what the hell the rest of you have been doing | 就是你们这些人三个月来 |
[23:06] | for the last three months. | 到底在干嘛 |
[23:12] | Oh! Oh, my Lord! | 上帝啊 |
[23:15] | Do you need security? | 需要呼叫安保人员吗 |
[23:17] | No, no, no. It’s nothing like that. | 不 不用 不是那种事 |
[23:18] | It’s a– | 是 |
[23:20] | it’s a personal matter. | 是很私人的事 |
[23:28] | Tuesday, Madam Cook. | 今天是星期二 是库克女士 |
[23:30] | She’s in Ohio | 她在俄亥俄州 |
[23:31] | and her amour is on the payphone by the PX. | 她的恋人在军营贩卖部旁的公共电话亭里 |
[23:34] | I’ve used that phone. | 我用过那个电话 |
[23:36] | Oh, I hope the janitor wiped the mouthpiece. | 希望管理员擦过话筒了 |
[23:39] | Enjoy being a little fly on this wall | 享受这种能看遍邻居们所有丑事的 |
[23:42] | learning all your neighbors’ dirty laundry. | 窃听者的生活吧 |
[23:46] | And then you tell me all the good stuff | 然后你把所有好段子都告诉我 |
[23:48] | and we decide who to blackmail. | 咱们一起来决定该勒索谁 |
[23:57] | You know, I’ve seen you before. | 我以前见过你 |
[23:59] | I think we’re neighbors. | 我们应该是邻居 |
[24:01] | Oh, what a small town. | 这镇子真小啊 |
[24:05] | Well, I guess we’ll be seeing a lot more of each other. | 我想我们以后会经常见面的 |
[24:52] | Can I help you? | 有什么事吗 |
[24:54] | Oh, ma’am, I’m PFC Dunlavey. | 夫人 我是一等兵登勒维 |
[24:57] | Is your husband home? | 您丈夫在家吗 |
[24:58] | Husband? | 丈夫 |
[25:02] | Nope, doesn’t ring a bell. | 我想不起来了 |
[25:03] | Are you Mrs. Winter? | 您是温特夫人吗 |
[25:05] | We have some questions for Dr. Winter. | 我们有些问题要问温特博士 |
[25:08] | I work with Colonel Cox. | 我为考克斯上校工作 |
[25:22] | Is Dr. Winter here? | 温特博士在家吗 |
[25:24] | I need to speak to him about Sid Liao. | 我需要和他谈谈希德·廖的事 |
[25:26] | Sid? | 希德 |
[25:28] | Brilliant mathematician. | 极有数学天赋 |
[25:30] | Terrible punster. | 却没什么幽默感 |
[25:32] | I suppose the only bright side | 我想唯一好的方面 |
[25:33] | is that Gracie is only five years old, | 就是格雷西只有五岁 |
[25:36] | so in a couple of years she won’t even remember him. | 几年之后她甚至不会记得他 |
[25:40] | I didn’t know that Sid had a family. | 我不知道希德是有家室的 |
[25:45] | Did you ever even meet him? | 你以前见过他吗 |
[25:50] | Only very briefly. | 只是简短地见过一面 |
[25:52] | And where was that? | 在哪里见的 |
[25:55] | In his final moments, | 在他生命的最后一刻 |
[25:57] | it became my responsibility | 保卫基地的安全 |
[25:59] | to ensure the safety of the base. | 是我的职责所在 |
[26:03] | You were at the gate? | 你是当时的门卫 |
[26:04] | He drew a weapon, ma’am. I– | 他要去拿枪 夫人 我… |
[26:07] | I didn’t have time to think. | 我没时间思考 |
[26:09] | They’ve got a chaplain on the Hill, | 山上有一位牧师 |
[26:10] | but he’s a Baptist. | 但他是一个浸礼教徒 |
[26:12] | He doesn’t take confession. | 他不接受忏悔 |
[26:15] | I said 20 Our Fathers, | 我念了二十遍《主祷文》 |
[26:16] | but I’m not sure it’s enough. | 但我不确定这就够了 |
[26:29] | Please, take a seat. | 请坐吧 |
[26:39] | So… | 那么… |
[26:43] | Mr. Dunlavey, where do you call home? | 登勒维先生 你的家乡是哪里 |
[26:46] | Jones County, Iowa. | 爱荷华州的琼斯县 |
[26:48] | Iowa? | 爱荷华州 |
[26:49] | We drove through Iowa on our way out here. | 我们开车来这里时路过了爱荷华州 |
[26:51] | It’s beautiful country. | 那里的乡村风光非常美 |
[26:53] | Your people are farmers? | 你们那里都是农民吗 |
[26:54] | Corn mostly. | 主要种玉米 |
[26:55] | You got hit by the Dust Bowl? | 你们遭遇了沙尘暴吗 |
[26:58] | Lost half our crop. | 损失了一半的庄稼 |
[27:01] | So then you decided to enlist? | 所以你就决定入伍了吗 |
[27:06] | Oh, no, ma’am, we make do all right. | 不 夫人 我们撑过来了 |
[27:07] | I just– | 我只是… |
[27:09] | I couldn’t sit back with what’s happening over there. | 我只是没法对战争坐视不理 |
[27:14] | Right. | 是啊 |
[27:16] | So what is it you want to know about Sid? | 关于希德 你想了解些什么 |
[27:20] | Do you think– | 你觉得 |
[27:23] | – was he really… – A spy? | -他真的是 -间谍吗 |
[27:27] | Honestly, | 实话说 |
[27:28] | I don’t know what label to put on Sid Liao. | 我不知道该给希德·廖贴什么标签 |
[27:32] | Spy, scientist. | 间谍 科学家 |
[27:36] | I do know… | 我只知道 |
[27:40] | that I’m sorry he’s gone. | 对他的死 我很遗憾 |
[27:44] | Yes, ma’am. | 是的 女士 |
[27:46] | Is it true you found confidential documents in his car? | 你真的在他车上找到了机密文件吗 |
[27:56] | I, um… | 我 |
[27:58] | I recovered them from under the floor mat. | 我从脚垫下面找回了文件 |
[28:08] | Dr. Winter, sir, I’m Private First Class Dunlavey. | 温特博士 我是一等兵登勒维 |
[28:15] | Give us a minute. | 让我们单独谈谈 |
[28:24] | First class? Since when? | 一等兵 什么时候晋的级 |
[28:26] | They told me he was shot by a private. | 他们告诉我 他是被一名二等兵击毙的 |
[28:30] | I wanted to say how sorry I am for your loss. | 我想说 对您的损失我深表遗憾 |
[28:34] | You got nothing to apologize for. | 你不用道歉 |
[28:37] | You did what you had to do. | 你只是做了自己该做的 |
[28:52] | It’ll take the four of us weeks | 我们四人要花上好几周 |
[28:53] | to reconstruct Sid’s work. | 才能重做希德的工作 |
[28:55] | Guy could get through a differential equation | 我一个汉堡还没吃完 |
[28:57] | faster than I could get through a hamburger. | 他就能解好一个微分方程 |
[29:00] | He had a shortcut. | 他有小窍门 |
[29:01] | He was gonna show me. | 他本来准备教我的 |
[29:02] | Maybe it was sorcery. | 没准是巫术 |
[29:04] | Oriental shamanism. | 东方巫术 |
[29:05] | Don’t talk about him. | 别提他的事了 |
[29:37] | Pretty sure his wife was the last person to wash these. | 最后一个清洗这些东西的人一定是他妻子 |
[29:45] | What is that? | 那是什么 |
[29:47] | Spurs. | 马刺 |
[29:52] | Bought them in Santa Fe. | 他在圣达菲买的 |
[29:54] | Said that he wanted to be the first Chinese cowboy. | 说是要成为第一个中国牛仔 |
[29:56] | Remember that time he tried to get the Indian maids | 还记得那次他想找印第安女仆 |
[29:59] | to reenact Custer’s last stand? | 来重现大小角战役[北美印第安战争之一]吗 |
[30:01] | Oh, yeah. | 当然记得 |
[30:05] | Liao was Custer. | 廖想扮卡斯特[将军] |
[30:18] | Put it back. | 放回去吧 |
[30:35] | That boy, | 那个孩子 |
[30:38] | he was just looking for someone to talk to. | 他只是想找个人说说话 |
[30:40] | Think he feels better now? | 你觉得他现在就好受了吗 |
[30:42] | It’ll be a long time before any of us feels better. | 我们大家难受的日子还长着呢 |
[30:46] | You knew Sid Liao for five years, Frank. | 你认识希德·廖五年了 法兰克 |
[31:02] | Frank Winter. | 法兰克·温特 |
[31:06] | What do you want? | 你们想干什么 |
[31:07] | We have reason to believe you’re in violation | 我们有理由相信你违反了 |
[31:08] | of US title Code 18 Chapter 37. | 《美国法典》第18篇第37章 |
[31:11] | the Federal Espionage Act. | 《联邦反间谍法》 |
[31:19] | One of the guards tipped us off. | 有名警卫向我们通报 |
[31:20] | The file was in the lining of his bag. | 文件就藏在他包的内衬里 |
[31:22] | He said he’d confess, but he’d only talk to you, Sir. | 他说他会认罪 但只和你谈 长官 |
[31:31] | Hijacking classified papers. | 盗取机密文件 |
[31:36] | Seems to be an epidemic around here. | 看来这也会传染啊 |
[31:39] | The chemical study of magnesium sulfate. | 硫酸镁的化学分析 |
[31:41] | Epsom salt. | 是泻盐 |
[31:43] | If it falls into Hitler’s hands, | 如果落入希特勒之手 |
[31:44] | he’ll enjoy a warm bath. | 他就得好好洗次温水浴 |
[31:48] | You’re a hard man to find. | 总是找不到你 |
[31:50] | I figured stealing a file would get me an audience. | 我想窃取文件应该能让我见到你 |
[31:52] | You paid off one of my guards to turn you in? | 你贿赂我的守卫 是为了让他告发你 |
[31:57] | Excuse me, Dr. Winter. | 失陪了 温特博士 |
[31:58] | I have a prime rib that requires my attention. | 有份顶级肋排更需要我的关注 |
[32:00] | I need Akley’s shockwave studies. | 我需要奥克利的冲击波研究资料 |
[32:03] | He’ll hand them over if you tell him to. | 如果你下令 他就会交出 |
[32:05] | A man of your intelligence, | 像你这样的天才 |
[32:07] | I’m sure you can understand | 应该能够理解 |
[32:08] | the concept of compartmentalization. | 任务划分是什么意思 |
[32:10] | What’s yours is yours, what’s Akley’s is his. | 你的研究成果是你的 奥克利的是他的 |
[32:12] | Everything in its own box. | 所有的东西都尘封在盒子里 |
[32:14] | Including my best mathematician. | 包括我最好的数学家 |
[32:15] | Wars have casualties. | 战争总有伤亡 |
[32:17] | And the first casualty of war is truth. | 而第一个因战争死亡的就是”真相” |
[32:19] | Isn’t that the saying? | 是有这种说法吧 |
[32:20] | The first casualty of this war | 第一个因战争死亡的 |
[32:22] | was a Polish hayseed with a Karabinek rifle | 是1939年9月死于来复枪下的 |
[32:24] | back in September, 1939. | 一位波兰人 |
[32:27] | Four years and a few million funerals ago. | 四年来因战争死亡数百万人 |
[32:29] | Almost 40,000 of them Americans. | 其中有四万人是美国人 |
[32:32] | Your mathematician is a drop in the ocean. | 你的数学家只是众多死者中的一位 |
[32:36] | You know, I’ve learned a lot about Sid Liao this week. | 我这周听说了很多有关希德·廖的传言 |
[32:39] | He was a Japanese agent. He was a Stalinist. | 他是日本间谍 是斯大林主义者 |
[32:43] | No one seems to know he was a private in the US Army. | 没有人知道他还是美国陆军的一名二等兵 |
[32:47] | Or that you signed his draft papers. | 而且还是你签署的征兵协议 |
[32:51] | I’m assuming that’s a truth you’d like to bury. | 我猜这是你想要掩盖的一个真相 |
[32:58] | Get up. | 起来 |
[33:00] | There are 147 different extensions on the Hill. | 这镇上一共有147部分机 |
[33:04] | I might not have your head for numbers, | 关于数学我的脑子可能没你灵光 |
[33:05] | but I already know half of them. | 但我已经记住一半的分机号了 |
[33:07] | You can quiz me. | 你可以考我 |
[33:10] | What did you do at work today? | 你今天上班干什么了 |
[33:11] | Trick question. | 这问题有陷阱 |
[33:13] | If somebody asked that on the phone, | 如果有人在电话里这么问 |
[33:13] | I’d have to cut in. | 我就得挂断电话 |
[33:17] | Hello. | 想什么呢 |
[33:19] | Sorry. | 抱歉 |
[33:21] | Are you all right? | 你没事吧 |
[33:24] | It’s the dinner hour. | 现在是晚饭时间 |
[33:25] | Can you tell the ladies of the welcome wagon | 你能跟那些欢迎小分队的主妇们说 |
[33:28] | that they’re not welcome? | 我们不欢迎她们来吗 |
[33:33] | Dr. Akley. | 奥克利博士 |
[33:34] | Oh, please, call me Reed. | 拜托 叫我里德就行 |
[33:37] | Well, it looks like home in here already. | 看来已经在这儿住习惯了 |
[33:39] | May I borrow your husband for a moment, please? | 能和你老公单独谈谈吗 |
[33:41] | Yes, of course. | 当然可以 |
[33:53] | I understand we had a little detonation in the lab today. | 我知道今天在实验室里有点小摩擦 |
[33:59] | Those boys have a lot of bluster, | 那些人一直愤愤不平 |
[34:00] | but you certainly did a number on them. | 但你肯定没少嘲笑他们 |
[34:03] | Nothing irreparable. I imagine you’ll apologize. | 还是有和好可能的 你应该会道歉吧 |
[34:08] | You have a long road ahead, Charlie. | 你还有很多工作要做 查理 |
[34:10] | You’ve only just arrived. | 你才刚刚到这 |
[34:12] | Is that why you gave me an unsolvable problem? | 所以你才交给我一道无解之题吗 |
[34:15] | Some kind of freshman hazing ritual? | 就像是捉弄新人一样 |
[34:17] | I gave you the velocity distribution problem | 我把速度分布问题交给你 |
[34:19] | because I think you’re the only man here | 是因为我觉得你是这里 |
[34:20] | who’s capable of solving it. | 唯一一位能解出来的人 |
[34:23] | You probably spent your whole life surrounded by people | 也许你周围一直围绕着一群 |
[34:26] | who weren’t smart enough to recognize how smart you are. | 无法赏识你聪明才智的庸才吧 |
[34:29] | But I do. | 但我明白 |
[34:30] | It’s the reason why I brought you here. | 所以我才指名让你来这里 |
[34:31] | You are a once-in-a-generation mind. | 你拥有百年一遇的头脑 |
[34:35] | Thank you, sir. | 谢谢您 先生 |
[34:42] | But I know someone even smarter than you. | 但我认识比你更聪明的人 |
[34:45] | When I met him, he was 25 years old | 我遇到他时 他才25岁 |
[34:48] | and he was already reimagining quantum mechanics. | 但他已经构建了量子力学体系 |
[34:51] | By 30, he was a leading light in our field. | 30岁时 他是我们这一领域的领军人物 |
[34:54] | And now at 40, he could end this war once and for all. | 现在他40岁 他可能会永远结束战争 |
[34:57] | Oppenheimer? | 奥本海默 |
[34:58] | Werner Heisenberg. | 维尔纳·海森堡[德国物理学家] |
[35:01] | He’s the world’s most brilliant scientific mind | 他是世界上最聪明的科学家 |
[35:04] | and he’s running Hitler’s bomb project. | 而他现在领导着希特勒的原子弹计划 |
[35:10] | Never forget, Charlie, | 不要忘记 查理 |
[35:13] | that is the man you’re competing with. | 这才是你要与之竞争的人 |
[35:27] | Just get through it. | 直接过去就行了 |
[35:32] | Open your briefcase. | 请把公文包打开 |
[35:34] | Like your buddies opened my friend’s skull? | 就像你兄弟打开我朋友的脑袋一样吗 |
[35:37] | Maybe it was you. | 说不定开枪的人就是你 |
[35:39] | Meeks, come on. | 米克斯 好了 |
[36:14] | Well, here’s to the Chinaman. | 敬那个中国佬 |
[36:16] | May he rest in peace. | 愿他安息 |
[36:17] | Shut up, Crosley. | 闭嘴 克罗斯利 |
[36:18] | I dare you to say it again. | 你再说一遍试试 |
[36:20] | All 10 stone of you? | 就你那细胳膊细腿吗 |
[36:21] | Meeks, I’m trembling. | 米克斯 我好怕哦 |
[36:25] | – Excuse me. – So sorry. | -借过 -抱歉 |
[36:26] | Crosley’s a top-shelf horse’s ass, | 克罗斯利确实是个混蛋 |
[36:29] | but we have no idea who sold Sid out. | 但我们还不确定到底是谁出卖了希德 |
[36:33] | I’ll get the next round. | 我去买酒 |
[36:41] | Two more for me and the spy killer. | 给我和这位间谍杀手再来两杯 |
[36:53] | Dismissed. | 稍息 |
[37:12] | This is what happened the last time I did you a favor. | 这就是我上次帮你忙的结果 |
[37:16] | I won’t make that same mistake twice. | 我不会再犯同样的错误了 |
[37:21] | Do you know where the surviving members | 你知道你那些还活着的组员 |
[37:22] | of your group are right now? | 现在在哪吗 |
[37:24] | They’re drowning their sorrows at the Post Exchange. | 在军营贩卖部喝的烂醉 |
[37:28] | I have MPs parked outside. | 宪兵就守在外面 |
[37:31] | You think the truth is on your side? | 你以为你占理吗 |
[37:34] | Let’s bring them down here | 我们现在就把他们带来 |
[37:35] | and you can tell them exactly how Sid Liao | 你来告诉他们为什么希德·廖 |
[37:37] | came to be lying in this box. | 会横尸此处 |
[37:42] | I don’t want to see you in my office again. | 不要再让我在办公室见到你 |
[37:44] | I don’t want to hear your name. | 不要再让我听到你的名字 |
[37:46] | We’re finished, understood? | 我们没关系了 明白了吗 |
[38:10] | Easy, virgin. | 镇定 处男 |
[38:12] | You’re safer penetrating occupied France. | 对你来说 深入被占的法国反而更安全 |
[38:18] | You killed him. | 你让他输得片甲不留 |
[38:20] | I’m sorry? | 你说什么 |
[38:20] | Private Weaver over there. | 那个二等兵威弗维尔 |
[38:21] | What was that last score? 100 balls to less than 20? | 最后比分是多少 一百比十几吗 |
[38:24] | Just luck, I guess. | 只是幸运吧 |
[38:26] | Well, from what I heard, we’re the ones who are lucky | 据我听说的 幸运的我们 |
[38:27] | you were at East Gate the other night. | 因为那天有你在东门值班 |
[38:29] | My roommate works nights. | 我室友今天值夜班 |
[38:31] | How about you walk a girl home? | 不如你送我回去吧 |
[38:33] | It’s a little noisy in here, and I lived far. | 这里太吵了 而且我住的很远 |
[38:35] | Maybe someone else wants to play, Private. | 也许别人也想跟你打一局 二等兵 |
[38:38] | You know, I had a friend | 我有个朋友 |
[38:41] | who would have run the table on you. | 他跟你打台球绝对能一杆清台 |
[38:43] | He was a geometry genius. | 他是位几何天才 |
[38:44] | Get lost. | 走开 |
[38:46] | Just wanted to know if the Private here | 我只想知道这位二等兵 |
[38:47] | ever got a chance to play Sid Liao at straight pool. | 有没有和希德·廖打过台球 |
[38:52] | What do you want from me? | 你想要我干什么 |
[39:12] | Dear God. | 天啊 |
[39:56] | Frank. Are you all right? | 法兰克 你还好吗 |
[40:00] | It was six years. | 是六年 |
[40:05] | Sid walked into my office in Berkeley six years ago. | 六年前希德走进了我在伯克利的办公室 |
[40:11] | He was a college senior with a bad haircut. | 他当时还是个一头乱发的大四学生 |
[40:20] | When they told me I could handpick my team… | 当他们说我可以自己挑选团队人选时 |
[40:25] | he was my first call. | 我第一个就打给了他 |
[40:29] | You didn’t put him in that car. | 可让他上那辆车的人不是你 |
[40:38] | Whatever we’re doing here… | 不论我们在这做什么… |
[40:41] | please tell me it’s worth it. | 请告诉我这一切都是值得的 |
[40:48] | If it works… | 如果它成功了… |
[40:52] | we won’t just end this war… | 我们不仅将结束这场战争… |
[40:56] | we’ll end all war. | 我们将结束一切战争 |
[41:01] | Forever. | 直到永远 |
[41:06] | Do you really believe that? | 你真的相信吗 |
[41:18] | We’ve never met | 我们从没见过面 |
[41:21] | and I doubt we ever will. | 而且我觉得我们永远不会见面 |
[41:24] | I’m prohibited from disclosing who I am, | 我不被允许公开我的真实身份 |
[41:28] | where I am, | 我所处的地方 |
[41:31] | or in what capacity I knew your husband. | 以及我是以何种身份认识你丈夫的 |
[41:37] | But I did know him. | 但我的确认识他 |
[41:44] | I wish I could tell you some good | 我也希望能在他去世时 |
[41:47] | came from his passing. | 能带给你们一点慰藉 |
[41:51] | But it brought only pain. | 但这带来的只有伤痛 |
[42:02] | There’s more to be said. | 许多事实未曾被提起 |
[42:09] | I’m not at liberty to say it. | 我却无权言说 |
[42:13] | Not even permitted to write your husband’s name. | 甚至不能写下你丈夫的名字 |
[42:19] | A man’s name. | 一个人的名字 |
[42:23] | It’s the very last thing a person holds on to. | 这是人在世上能保有的唯一财产 |
[42:29] | Even after he leaves this world. | 即便离开人世后也是如此 |
[42:36] | Tell his daughter he was dedicated. | 告诉他的女儿 他为国献身了 |
[42:40] | He did his job. | 他完成了他的工作 |
[42:44] | And he did it well. | 而且做得很好 |
[42:49] | He was a good man. | 他是个好人 |
[42:55] | In that, I hope you find some measure of comfort. | 在这一点上 我希望你能得到些许安慰 |
[43:03] | Shit. | 该死 |
[43:04] | I myself find solace knowing that, | 我自己也于此找到了一些慰藉 |
[43:07] | nameless though I may be… | 尽管我只是个无名氏 |
[43:12] | we can at least connect in this small way. | 我们至少能在这一点上有所共鸣 |
[43:19] | Know you are in our thoughts and prayers. | 我们都时刻牵挂着你们 也为你们祈祷祝福 |
[43:30] | Yours sincerely, | 诚挚的 |
[43:34] | Number G-22. | G22号 |
[44:48] | You did it. | 你成功了 |