时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:03] | We’re about to have our very own plutonium factory. | 我们即将拥有自己的钚工厂 |
[00:05] | If our colleagues don’t wipe | 前提是我们的同事没有 |
[00:06] | the Confederate states off the face of the Earth. | 将南方联盟州彻底从地球上抹除 |
[00:09] | You leave for Tennessee tomorrow morning. | 你明早出发去田纳西州 |
[00:11] | I just saw Charlie this morning at the gate | 我今早在大门口看见查理了 |
[00:14] | with Helen Prins and a mountain of luggage. | 和海伦·普林斯一起 旁边有大堆的行李 |
[00:16] | Who’s Helen Prins? | 谁是海伦·普林斯 |
[00:19] | Hope you’re not too lonely. | 希望你不会太孤单 |
[00:21] | All by yourself on that business trip. | 一个人出差 |
[00:23] | I should have brought a book. | 我应该买本书的 |
[00:25] | You’ve got a busy day, Mr. Ellis. | 你们今天很辛苦了 艾利斯先生 |
[00:27] | If it would be helpful, | 如果有需要 |
[00:28] | I can walk our guests through the plant. | 我可以带客人们参观厂区 |
[00:29] | Compartmentalization, Theodore. | 注意你的身份 塞奥多 |
[00:31] | I don’t think Washington would like that. | 我觉得华盛顿不会赞同的 |
[00:33] | But I could use some coffee. | 但可以给我来点咖啡 |
[00:36] | It’s Private Dunlavey, right? | 你是一等兵登勒维 是吧 |
[00:37] | Don’t pretend you know anything about me | 别以为你开枪打死了 |
[00:39] | just because you put a bullet | 我爸手下的数学家 |
[00:41] | through my dad’s mathematician. | 你就有多了解我了 |
[00:48] | You know, I’ve seen you before. | 我以前见过你 |
[00:50] | I think we’re neighbors. | 我们应该是邻居 |
[00:50] | Oh, what a small town. | 这镇子真小啊 |
[00:54] | Music. | 音乐 |
[00:55] | That’s right, music. | 没错 音乐 |
[00:58] | The reactor will be fully operational within a day. | 反应堆在一天之内就能完全运作起来 |
[01:00] | We gave you a list of 22 major hazards to resolve | 我们列出了二十二处严重危害安全的问题 |
[01:03] | before we go critical. | 让你们在临界点前解决掉 |
[01:04] | And the army intends to give your list | 军方认为他们会适当考虑 |
[01:06] | the consideration it deserves. | 你们提出的问题 |
[01:07] | When? | 什么时候 |
[01:08] | Just as soon as we’re critical. | 一旦我们到达临界点 |
[01:45] | I’m surprised they bothered to call. | 他们竟然会打电话过来 太令人吃惊了 |
[01:48] | You look terrible, by the way. | 你看起来糟透了 |
[01:50] | ‘Cause you kept me up all night. | 因为你吵得我一晚都没睡着 |
[01:52] | You know you talk in your sleep? | 你知道自己说梦话吗 |
[01:53] | That’s ridiculous. | 太荒唐了吧 |
[01:55] | What did I say? | 我说了什么 |
[01:56] | I have no idea. | 我也不知道 |
[01:57] | You were speaking Flemish or whatever. | 你说的是佛兰德语之类的 |
[01:59] | Dutch? | 荷兰语 |
[02:00] | I banged on the wall. | 我砸墙了 |
[02:01] | Apparently you can sleep through anything. | 但显然你睡觉时什么都吵不到你 |
[02:04] | Why send us 2,000 miles | 既然他们无视我们说的所有话 |
[02:05] | if they’re just gonna ignore everything we tell them? | 为什么还要送我们来这千里之外的地方呢 |
[02:08] | The US Army is a fickle mistress. | 美国陆军简直翻脸比翻书还快 |
[02:13] | Excuse me. Mr. and Mrs. Donaldson. | 失陪 唐纳森先生和夫人 |
[02:16] | The reactor’s just shy of criticality. | 反应堆马上就要到临界点 |
[02:18] | 1,247 channels loaded. | 已经装载了1247个铀棒 |
[02:20] | One more and the curtain comes up. | 再加一个好戏就要开场了 |
[02:22] | I wouldn’t take a bow just yet. | 我可没准备就此谢幕退场 |
[02:24] | You’ll be the one taking bowing. | 到时候你一定会的 |
[02:26] | For whatever reason, | 无论出于何种原因 |
[02:27] | you’re still Uncle Sam’s favorite nephew. | 你仍然是美国的好公民 |
[02:29] | Honor of initiating criticality is yours. | 启动临界点的重任交给你们了 |
[02:32] | We’re not interested. | 我们没有兴趣 |
[02:33] | Suit yourself. | 随你们便 |
[02:39] | No, | 不 |
[02:41] | wait. | 等等 |
[02:45] | Gentlemen, | 先生们 |
[02:46] | after nearly a year at sea braving perilous waters, | 在危机四伏的大海上乘风破浪一年后 |
[02:50] | we pioneers, | 我们这些拓荒者 |
[02:51] | we fearless navigators | 这些无谓的航海家 |
[02:54] | have arrived at the New World. | 终于成功抵达了新大陆 |
[02:57] | Mrs. Donaldson. | 有请唐纳森女士 |
[03:38] | What? | 怎么了 |
[03:40] | Somebody’s got to sail into the history books. | 总会有人被写进史书 |
[03:43] | It might as well be a woman for once. | 总该有一次是女的 |
[03:45] | Better hope the natives are friendly. | 那你最好开始祈祷之后会是好的结局 |
[04:32] | If I die of embarrassment today, | 如果今天我因难堪而死 |
[04:34] | do you promise not to bury me in this uniform? | 你能保证下葬时别让我穿这身制服吗 |
[04:41] | You– you look fine. | 你看上去挺好的 |
[04:42] | If you’re gonna force me to go, | 你要打算强迫我去 |
[04:44] | the least you can do is be honest. | 至少该实话实说 |
[04:45] | You look like a leprechaun. | 你看起来像个小妖精 |
[04:47] | But you’re our leprechaun. | 但你就是我们的小妖精 |
[04:52] | It’s all wrinkled. | 这裙子皱皱巴巴的 |
[04:55] | Why didn’t Paloma iron it? | 为什么不让帕洛玛熨一下 |
[04:56] | Paloma doesn’t work for you. | 帕洛玛不是你的佣人 |
[04:57] | And even if she did, she hasn’t shown up for two days. | 就算她是 她也两天没来干活了 |
[04:59] | Well, so much for my hygiene badge. | 我的卫生徽章要泡汤了 |
[05:03] | She’s never even been late before. | 她以前都从没迟到过 |
[05:07] | I’m gonna go check on her. | 我想去看看她 |
[05:11] | What did you say? | 你刚说什么 |
[05:12] | I already have a day pass to Santa Fe. | 我拿到了白天去圣达非的许可 |
[05:15] | I’ll pop by and make sure that Paloma is all right. | 我想过去坐坐 确保帕洛玛没事 |
[05:20] | You can’t even communicate with those people. | 你跟那些人都没法沟通 |
[05:23] | Not that you would have noticed, | 估计你也没注意到 |
[05:24] | but I’ve actually picked up | 但过去半年里 |
[05:25] | quite a lot of espanol in the past six months. | 我学了很多西语 |
[05:29] | You know, there are some days | 有段时间 |
[05:30] | when Paloma’s just about the only person I have to talk to. | 我几乎只能跟帕洛玛一人说话 |
[05:36] | I’ll drive you. | 我送你去 |
[05:38] | What? | 什么 |
[05:39] | You shouldn’t go by yourself. | 你不该独自去 |
[05:40] | You could blow a tire out there. | 万一爆胎呢 |
[05:43] | Shouldn’t you be at work? | 你不用去工作吗 |
[05:45] | Just take an hour. | 就一个小时而已 |
[05:47] | Glen can hold down the fort. | 格兰一人应付得来 |
[05:57] | Writing in your diary? | 在写日记吗 |
[05:58] | Just taking notes for my report to Dr. Akley. | 记点笔记好向奥克利博士报告 |
[06:02] | You know what your problem is, Charlie? | 你知道你的问题是什么吗 查理 |
[06:06] | Stuck in Tennessee with the wrong wife? | 娶错了妻子还被困在田纳西州吗 |
[06:08] | You’ve got no sense of adventure. | 你没有冒险精神 |
[06:11] | You need to enjoy life’s unpredictability. | 你得享受生活的不可预测性 |
[06:13] | I’ll take predictable over reckless every time. | 比起不计后果我更喜欢能预测到的事 |
[06:17] | You and Mrs. Isaacs must have a lot of fun in the bedroom. | 你和艾萨克夫人的性生活肯定很和谐吧 |
[06:26] | Do you know where they built the first nuclear pile? | 你知道第一座核反应堆建在哪里吗 |
[06:30] | Of course. Chicago. | 当然知道 在芝加哥 |
[06:31] | Under the bleachers at the football stadium. | 橄榄球体育场的露天看台下面 |
[06:33] | They were afraid they’d take out half of Illinois. | 他们曾担心会毁掉半个伊利诺斯州 |
[06:35] | Do you know what happened? | 你知道怎么着吗 |
[06:37] | They changed the world and toasted with Martinis. | 他们改变了世界 举杯欢庆 |
[06:41] | Gentlemen, we have reached the shore. | 先生们 我们成功了 |
[06:44] | Criticality! | 到临界状态了 |
[06:49] | Are you gonna stand around licking your wounds | 你打算站在一旁暗自神伤 |
[06:51] | or should we get a celebratory drink? | 还是一起去庆祝喝一杯 |
[06:56] | It’s 9:00 A.M. | 现在是早上九点 |
[06:57] | Predictable. | 就知道你要这么说 |
[06:59] | Anyway, it’s a dry town. | 而且 这里禁酒 |
[07:01] | Why do you think my suitcase was so heavy? | 不然你以为我的手提箱怎么那么沉 |
[07:05] | You packed a bottle of booze? | 你带了酒 |
[07:06] | Four. | 四瓶 |
[07:08] | In case we had to bribe somebody. | 以防我们得贿赂谁 |
[07:12] | That’s not good. | 情况不妙 |
[07:13] | Tell me again how it happened in Chicago. | 再跟我说一遍芝加哥发生的事 |
[07:16] | – This is a level-one alert… – Shit. | -现在是一级警报 -该死 |
[07:18] | Proceed to your designated safety areas. | 回到指定安全区域 |
[07:23] | You’re in early. | 你来得好早 |
[07:25] | It’s lunchtime in London. | 现在是伦敦的午餐时间 |
[07:27] | And probably raining, | 可能还下着雨呢 |
[07:28] | but I see you’re not wearing a slicker. | 但我看你可没穿雨衣 |
[07:32] | Been first in every day this week, actually. | 实际上这周每天我都是第一个到的 |
[07:34] | Not that it does me any good. | 倒不是对我有什么好处 |
[07:35] | Trying to make myself indispensable, | 只是努力让我自己变得不可或缺 |
[07:36] | and who does Frank send to Site X? | 法兰克派谁去X工厂了 |
[07:38] | The girl with the pearl earring. | 戴着珍珠耳环的少女[荷兰名画] |
[07:39] | Did you ever stop and think he didn’t send you | 你从没静下心来想过 他没派你去 |
[07:41] | because you’ve made yourself indispensable? | 正是因为你不可或缺吗 |
[07:44] | Did Frank say that? | 法拉克那么说的吗 |
[07:47] | Glen. | 格兰 |
[07:49] | Well? | 怎么了 |
[07:50] | Is it true? | 是真的吗 |
[07:52] | The opposite of a fact is a falsehood. | 与事实相对的即是谎言 |
[07:55] | But the opposite of one profound truth | 但与深刻的真理相对的 |
[07:59] | may well be another profound truth. | 也许是另一个深刻的真理 |
[08:04] | What does that mean? | 那是什么意思 |
[08:06] | I don’t know. I haven’t had my coffee yet. | 我不知道 我没喝咖啡脑子还不清醒呢 |
[08:21] | Hello. | 你好 |
[08:23] | I’m sorry. I knocked. Nobody answered. | 对不起 我敲了门但是没人应 |
[08:26] | I’ll buy it, whatever you’re selling. | 不管你要推销什么 我都买 |
[08:29] | I work at the switchboard. | 我是个接线员 |
[08:31] | That’s a criminal waste of beauty. | 这种浪费美貌的行为就是犯罪 |
[08:33] | Face like that, you belong on the prow of a ship. | 这么一张脸简直是绝代佳人 |
[08:36] | Um, is this Building 12? | 这里是十二号楼吗 |
[08:38] | I have a telephone message for Helen Prins. | 有电话留给海伦·普林斯一条信息 |
[08:42] | She’s not here by any chance, is she? | 她现在在吗 |
[08:44] | No, no, afraid the canary has flown the coop. | 不不 恐怕她现在人不在这里 |
[08:46] | Chesterfield? | 来颗切斯菲尔德吗 |
[08:48] | I don’t smoke. | 我不抽烟 |
[08:51] | Do you know when Mrs. Prins might be in? | 你知道普林斯女士什么时候回来吗 |
[08:54] | Or is it Miss Prins? | 还是应该叫她普林斯小姐 |
[08:56] | Doctor, actually. | 其实应该叫博士 |
[09:00] | You Americans hand out advanced degrees like mash notes. | 你们美国人发高级学位证比发情书还勤快 |
[09:04] | No, I wouldn’t wait around for Helen too long. | 换我可不会等海伦太久 |
[09:06] | She’s parlayed her looks into a subsidized vacation | 我们在这累死累活时 |
[09:08] | while the rest of us here toil in the dust. | 她正享受着用脸蛋换来的补贴假期 |
[09:11] | She’s pretty, then? | 那她肯定很漂亮吧 |
[09:12] | Yeah, I suppose so, in an irritating sort of way. | 可能吧 让人心烦的那种漂亮 |
[09:17] | I hope it’s not urgent. | 希望不是什么要紧事 |
[09:19] | What? | 什么 |
[09:20] | Your message. | 你的信息 |
[09:22] | I could pass it on for you if you like. | 如果可以的话我可以帮你转交 |
[09:25] | If you recite it very slowly. | 要是你想慢慢转述的话 |
[09:28] | This evening, perhaps, over a stiff drink? | 那就今晚吧 跟我喝一杯时再说 |
[09:32] | Hey, what do we know about | 我们对镧放射的 |
[09:33] | the gamma emissions from radio lanthanum? | 伽马衰变了解多少 |
[09:34] | Glen Babbit, may I introduce to you the lovely and talented… | 格兰·巴比特 这位是美丽迷人的… |
[09:37] | Mrs. Isaacs. | 艾萨克太太 |
[09:40] | You shouldn’t be in here. | 你不该来这里的 |
[09:44] | Excuse me. | 失陪了 |
[09:49] | We removed the control rods to reinitiate the reaction. | 我们移除了控制棒 重新开始反应 |
[09:52] | But you still don’t know what triggered the shutdown? | 但是你还是不知道是什么导致反应停止 |
[09:54] | We’ll sort it out when we get all the data. | 拿到所有实验数据后我们就能找到原因 |
[09:56] | When will that be? | 那得到什么时候 |
[09:56] | Soon enough. | 很快的 |
[09:58] | Anyway, we’ll be up and running | 不管怎么样 我们马上就要 |
[09:59] | in two shakes of a lamb’s tail. | 正式开始生产了 |
[10:01] | What’s that? | 怎么回事 |
[10:03] | Sir, the temperature is rising in the core. | 长官 反应核温度正在升高 |
[10:07] | How fast? | 升高得多快 |
[10:08] | Five degrees a second. | 每秒五度 |
[10:09] | Turn on the spigots. Let’s give it a cold shower. | 打开喷水龙头 用冷水冲洗一下 |
[10:10] | Fuel slugs liquefy at 1132 centigrade. | 燃料块在1132摄氏度时就会液化 |
[10:13] | We could melt down in less than five minutes. | 五分钟内反应堆就会融毁 |
[10:15] | Fail-safe countermeasures prevent any core melt accident. | 防故障措施能防止任何核心融毁事故 |
[10:18] | We told you there were risks. | 我们早就警告过你们有风险 |
[10:19] | Nothing about a nuclear reactor is fail-safe. | 对核反应堆而言防故障措施根本没用 |
[10:20] | It’s just a minor hiccup. | 不过是个小问题罢了 |
[10:22] | We’ve got to get all these people out of here. | 我们得疏散所有人 |
[10:23] | Son, I understand you got a PHD | 孩子 我知道你有个博士学位 |
[10:25] | and a healthy sense of your own importance, | 而且自我感觉很良好 |
[10:27] | but this isn’t a college lecture hall. | 但这里不是大学教室 |
[10:29] | This is a factory. | 这里是工厂 |
[10:30] | So why don’t you step off the floor | 所以你何不先让贤 |
[10:32] | and let the experts do their job? | 让这些专家好好干活 |
[10:48] | You coming? | 一起来吗 |
[10:58] | Hello? | 有人吗 |
[11:03] | Hello, Paloma? | 在吗 帕洛玛 |
[11:04] | She’s not here. Let’s go. | 她不在 走吧 |
[11:07] | Hello? | 有人吗 |
[11:12] | Liza, what are you doing? | 莱莎 你在干什么 |
[11:26] | Isn’t it odd? | 你不觉得奇怪吗 |
[11:31] | Paloma spends every day inside our home. | 帕洛玛天天待在我们家 |
[11:37] | I’ve never even seen hers. | 我却从未来过她家 |
[11:43] | We shouldn’t be here. | 我们不该来这里的 |
[11:44] | Actually, you know what this place reminds me of? | 实际上你知道这地方让我想起了什么吗 |
[11:48] | Do you remember that little cabin you used to take me to? | 你还记得你以前经常带我去的小屋吗 |
[11:51] | Before Callie. | 在凯莉出生之前 |
[11:53] | Near Mt. Shasta. | 在沙斯塔山边上 |
[11:56] | You know, this is your kind of place. | 这里很符合你的风格 |
[11:57] | Wood fires, | 有篝火 |
[12:00] | starry skies. | 繁星满天 |
[12:02] | Outhouse. | 独立的小木屋 |
[12:06] | I’ll be in the car. | 我还是回车里吧 |
[12:10] | Buenas tardes. | 午安 |
[12:13] | Perdon. | 打扰了 |
[12:16] | Sabes donde es Paloma? | 请问你知道帕洛玛在哪吗 |
[12:19] | Que pregunta? | 你是谁 |
[12:20] | Oh, lo siento. | 抱歉 |
[12:22] | Me llamas Liza Winter de “The Hill.” | 我叫莱莎·温特 镇上来的 |
[12:41] | Oh, God. I’m sorry. | 天哪 我很遗憾 |
[12:47] | There’s been a death. | 传来了死讯 |
[12:50] | What’s your evacuation plan? | 你这里的疏散计划是什么 |
[12:52] | We got a population of 50,000. | 我们这儿有五万人 |
[12:53] | I’m not gonna cause pandemonium over a technical glitch. | 我可不打算因为一点小技术故障引发混乱 |
[12:56] | You know, we’ve been here a year | 我们已经自己管理反应堆一年多了 |
[12:57] | managing this reactor just fine without you people. | 你们没来前我们也干的挺好的 |
[12:59] | It wasn’t critical yet. | 因为之前还未到临界状态 |
[13:01] | Something must have built up in the reactor. | 反应堆里一定合成了什么东西 |
[13:02] | What are the by-products of the fission reaction? | 裂变反应的副产物都有什么 |
[13:05] | That’s not my domain. | 那不归我管 |
[13:06] | Is it yours? | 是你负责吗 |
[13:07] | By-products are someone else’s job. | 副产物是别人的事 |
[13:08] | – Fine, whose? – Whose? | -好吧 是谁的 -谁的 |
[13:10] | Sinclair. | 辛克莱尔 |
[13:12] | Who is Sinclair? | 辛克莱尔是谁 |
[13:12] | His assistant. | 他的助手 |
[13:15] | Theodore’s last name is Sinclair? | 塞奥多姓辛克莱尔吗 |
[13:17] | So? | 所以呢 |
[13:18] | Dr. Theodore Sinclair? | 塞奥多·辛克莱尔博士吗 |
[13:21] | You’ve got a nuclear physicist carrying your water? | 你让一位核物理学家给你端茶送水吗 |
[13:25] | Dr. Sinclair, we had no idea you were a physicist. | 辛克莱尔博士 我们不知道你是位物理学家 |
[13:28] | You’re in good company. | 不知道的不止你俩 |
[13:29] | Now, if you’ll excuse me. | 请允许我失陪 |
[13:31] | What? Where are you going? | 什么 你要去哪里 |
[13:31] | Chicago, Anchorage, far away from here. | 芝加哥 安克雷奇 总之离这儿远点 |
[13:33] | We need your help. | 我们需要你的帮助 |
[13:35] | You geniuses came to save us, right? | 你们俩位天才不是来拯救我们的吗 |
[13:37] | You don’t need a secretary to tell you your business. | 你们不会需要一个秘书的指导吧 |
[13:39] | A secretary who was nominated for the Forbes Prize. | 但你是个获得过福布斯奖提名的秘书 |
[13:42] | If I recall, I lost to you. | 如果我没记错 最后获奖的是你吧 |
[13:46] | You can’t leave. | 你不能走 |
[13:46] | The core temperature is nearly at 1,000 degrees. | 反应核马上就将升温到一千摄氏度 |
[13:49] | Why do you think I’m leaving? | 不然你以为我为什么要走呢 |
[13:52] | So that’s it? You’re jumping ship? | 所以就这样 你要抛弃大家独自逃跑吗 |
[13:55] | The last time I tried to help you, | 上一次我帮你的忙 |
[13:56] | Ellis barred me from the reactor room. | 艾利斯就禁止我再进反应舱 |
[13:59] | If they’re determined to sink, they can do it without me. | 如果他们一心找死 不需要我陪葬 |
[14:01] | I have no idea why you stayed here working for that hayseed, | 我确实不知道你为什么要为那个混蛋工作 |
[14:05] | but my guess is you’re proud of that reactor. | 但我猜是因为那反应堆是你的骄傲 |
[14:07] | You’re probably the only reason it’s running. | 可能正是因为你它才能正常运行 |
[14:10] | It’s not. | 那是过去时了 |
[14:11] | Well, it could if you’d help. | 但如果你帮忙 它就可能恢复运行 |
[14:13] | You’re gonna let a year of your life melt down? | 你就要眼睁睁看着你这一年的努力融毁吗 |
[14:20] | Let me guess, | 我猜 |
[14:22] | something’s recapturing neutrons | 应该是有什么物质在捕获中子 |
[14:25] | faster than we can supply them. | 超过了我们制造中子的速度 |
[14:26] | And poisoning the reaction. | 而且它正在危害反应堆 |
[14:28] | I warned them about this. | 我警告过他们可能会发生这样的事 |
[14:32] | You’re looking for an isotope | 这应该是种 |
[14:33] | with a large neutron capture cross section. | 中子截面很大的同位素 |
[14:35] | At least 2.2 times 10 to the 6th barns. | 横截面至少是铀原子的220万倍 |
[14:39] | There’s iodine-135. | 里面有碘-135 |
[14:40] | – 6% of fission by-product. – And highly unstable. | -占了裂变副产物的6% -而且极不稳定 |
[14:43] | It could be breaking down into something else. | 它可能分解成了别的元素 |
[14:45] | Xenon? | 也许是氙 |
[14:47] | 135 would have an enormous neutron absorption cross section. | 氙-135应该有巨大的中子截面 |
[14:50] | I’ve studied the xenon isotopes. 135 doesn’t exist. | 我研究过氙的同位素 自然界不存在氙-135 |
[14:52] | Neither did a continuous nuclear reactor until today. | 能持续运行的核反应堆本来也不存在 |
[14:56] | Sometimes the most crucial elements in a reaction | 有时候反应中最重要的元素 |
[14:58] | are pretty much invisible. | 往往会被忽视 |
[15:01] | Sometimes they’re barely allowed in the building. | 甚至根本不允许出现在这建筑里 |
[15:11] | Oh, Paloma. | 帕洛玛 |
[15:20] | I’m very sorry for your loss. | 请节哀顺变 |
[15:32] | Did you know her brother was in the Pacific? | 你知道她兄弟去太平洋战场参战了吗 |
[15:35] | Did you know she had a brother? | 你知道她还有个兄弟吗 |
[15:39] | She said that they can’t even give him a proper burial | 她说他们没法厚葬他 |
[15:42] | because the military didn’t send the body back. | 因为军队连尸体都没运回来 |
[15:44] | They never do. | 军队从不运回尸体 |
[15:47] | But it means something different to them. | 但这对他们来说意义重大 |
[15:49] | Their whole religion is based in this land | 他们整个信仰都建立在 |
[15:52] | where their people are buried. | 这片寄托着同胞生死的土地上 |
[15:54] | She has a crucifix on her wall. | 她墙上挂着十字架 |
[15:56] | I think she’s Catholic. | 我觉得她是天主教徒 |
[15:57] | Yes, so are we, technically. | 我们也是 |
[15:59] | Frank, all I’m trying to say is | 法兰克 我的意思是 |
[16:02] | this whole godforsaken place is important to them. | 这片土地对他们来说重于一切 |
[16:09] | Everything all right? | 一切都好吗 |
[16:15] | I’ll ask him. | 我去问问他 |
[16:17] | She wants to know if you have your security pass. | 她想知道你是否带着通行证 |
[16:22] | It means nothing, | 他不就是没告诉你 |
[16:24] | the fact that he didn’t tell you. | 没什么大不了的 |
[16:25] | I’m sure it slipped his brain. | 他肯定不小心忘了 |
[16:27] | I asked Charlie explicitly. | 我特意问过查理 |
[16:28] | He said he was alone. | 他说他一个人去的 |
[16:30] | Well, maybe the Blackshirts wouldn’t permit him to tell you. | 可能是安全局的那帮人不让他告诉你 |
[16:32] | This is everything you brought? | 你就带了这些衣服吗 |
[16:34] | There’s no way I’m going to Rose Akley’s potluck. | 我不去罗斯·奥克利家聚餐了 |
[16:36] | I can’t face those vultures. | 我受不了那些鸡婆 |
[16:39] | Oh, self-pity is bad for your complexion. | 顾影自怜会让你肤色变差的 |
[16:42] | They live for gossip. | 她们整天就知道八卦 |
[16:44] | They probably knew already | 她们可能在我之前就知道 |
[16:45] | that Charlie was off gallivanting | 查理和海丝特·普林斯 |
[16:47] | with Hester Prins before I did. | 跑去寻欢作乐了 |
[16:49] | She’s a physicist. | 她是个物理学家 |
[16:51] | She probably doesn’t even own a mirror. | 她可能连个镜子都没有 |
[16:53] | Supposedly she’s very fetching. | 可听说她很漂亮 |
[16:56] | And you– | 而你 |
[16:59] | you are ravissant. | 而你光彩照人 |
[17:04] | If your husband prefers hamburger to filet… | 如果你丈夫不珍惜你 而喜欢她 |
[17:09] | he deserves an empty stomach. | 那他活该守空房 |
[17:13] | We’re gonna enjoy a night to ourselves. | 今晚我们要好好享受 |
[17:16] | And my husband won’t even notice I’m out. | 我丈夫都不会注意到我不在家 |
[17:20] | Really? | 真的吗 |
[17:22] | I’ve never heard a couple more… | 我从未听到过 |
[17:23] | satisfied with one another. | 比你们俩床事更和谐的夫妻 |
[17:26] | Am I playing to the back of your house? | 我们的卧室刚好在你家后面吗 |
[17:31] | Well, at least my Commie de vaudeville is convincing. | 至少我家那位亲共分子的演技还不错 |
[17:37] | You’re acting? | 你们俩是演的 |
[17:39] | Only get to the top of that hill climbing alone. | 我只有靠自己才能攀上那顶峰 |
[17:44] | Maybe you can help me. | 也许你能帮我一把 |
[17:48] | I don’t… | 我不… |
[17:50] | The button. | 扣扣子 |
[18:06] | Nope. | 不行 |
[18:09] | No. | 不行 |
[18:10] | I told you it wouldn’t fit. | 我跟你说了不合适 |
[18:11] | It’s fit for no one but a grandmother. | 只有老太太穿才合适 |
[18:14] | Toss it in the bin. | 扔了这件 |
[18:16] | You’ll borrow something of mine. | 你穿我的衣服去吧 |
[18:17] | Rose Akley won’t stand for anything too risque. | 罗斯·奥克利不喜欢太暴露的衣服 |
[18:20] | Oh, we’re not going to the potluck. | 我们才不去聚餐 |
[18:22] | The pussy is away, let us play. | 汉子不在家 放心大胆玩 |
[18:27] | And leave your wedding ring. | 别戴你的结婚戒指 |
[18:37] | You still haven’t told me | 你还没告诉我 |
[18:37] | what you need with a truck full of day laborers. | 你为什么需要一卡车的临时工 |
[18:40] | I’m afraid that’s above your security clearance, Private. | 恐怕你无权过问 二等兵 |
[18:48] | You have an hour on the clock. | 给你们一小时 |
[18:49] | 60 minutes and then I’m rounding them up. | 一小时后 他们必须走 |
[18:56] | Attention, please. | 请注意 |
[18:57] | All vehicles entering… | 所有驶入车辆… |
[19:01] | …for security purposes. | …以保证安全 |
[19:03] | You want me to add more fuel to a reactor | 你想让我再往这反应堆里加燃料 |
[19:05] | that’s already hot? | 可它已经过热了 |
[19:06] | Taking fuel out is what caused the temperature to rise. | 正因为取出燃料才造成温度上升 |
[19:10] | So you believe that this’ll get rid of the neutron problem? | 所以你觉得这样能解决中子的问题吗 |
[19:13] | Your secretary believes it | 你的秘书这么认为 |
[19:15] | and I believe your secretary. | 而我相信你的秘书 |
[19:17] | How long will it take? | 需要多久 |
[19:18] | 100 slugs? | 约一万五千公斤的话 |
[19:19] | My guys will be loading till morning. | 要一直忙到早上 |
[19:22] | Enjoy the honeymoon suite. | 好好享受蜜月套间吧 |
[19:35] | I think their sacred land is just over that hill. | 我觉得他们的圣地就在山那边 |
[19:40] | Excuse me. So the shrine is over there? | 打扰下 圣地是在那边吗 |
[19:43] | But you’ll have to wait here. | 你们要在这里等着 |
[19:45] | We won’t be long. | 不会太久的 |
[19:45] | They– | 他们 |
[19:47] | they wanted me to stay with you. | 他们要我和你们待在一起 |
[19:49] | You don’t have the authority to witness the releasing rite. | 你们无权观看超度仪式 |
[20:12] | Thank you for your help. | 谢谢你的帮助 |
[20:13] | Every soldier deserves a proper funeral. | 每名军人都应该被安葬 |
[20:17] | Do you know Robert Frost, Professor? | 你知道罗伯特·弗罗斯特吗 教授 |
[20:20] | My wife reads it. | 我妻子读过他的作品 |
[20:22] | “Before I built a wall, | “在筑墙前我得弄个明白 |
[20:24] | I’d ask to know what I was walling in or walling out | 这堵墙圈进来了什么 又圈出去了什么 |
[20:28] | and to whom I was like to give offense.” | 而我又会因此得罪谁 |
[20:32] | They say good fences make good neighbors. | 都说合适的围墙造就好邻居 |
[20:36] | Maybe I just never met the right fence? | 也许我从没遇到过合适的围墙吧 |
[21:40] | They don’t listen to Negro music | 布鲁克林乡村俱乐部里 |
[21:41] | at the Brooklyn Country Club? | 不放黑人音乐的吗 |
[21:43] | Brookline. | 是布鲁克莱恩 |
[21:45] | I don’t think we belong here. | 我觉得我们不该来这儿 |
[21:46] | You’re not a possession. | 你又不是物品 |
[21:48] | You don’t belong one place or another. | 没有什么应该摆放的地方 |
[21:54] | Isn’t it fun? | 很有趣不是吗 |
[22:12] | Couple beers for you ladies? | 美女们想喝啤酒吗 |
[22:14] | Have you got anything harder? | 有烈一点的吗 |
[22:17] | Still’s cooking a little 80 proof. | 斯特尔斯在酿40度的酒 |
[22:19] | Might scare you some up if you save me a dance. | 如果你们愿意跳支舞的话就可以尽情享用 |
[22:22] | Sorry, it’s very loud in here. | 抱歉 这里太吵了 |
[22:24] | She’s Anne. I’m Diane. | 她是安 我是戴安 |
[22:27] | We’re WACs. | 我们是陆军妇女队的 |
[22:29] | Just transferred to the Hill. | 刚被调过来 |
[22:43] | This could be my last drink. | 这可能是我最后喝酒的机会了 |
[22:45] | Relax. | 放轻松 |
[22:46] | Theodore was right about the xenon-135. | 塞奥多对氙-135的看法是对的 |
[22:49] | The temperature is coming down. | 温度开始下降了 |
[22:52] | All these people, two neutrons away | 这些人啊 甚至都不知道 |
[22:54] | from kingdom come and they don’t even know it. | 他们曾与死神擦身而过 |
[22:56] | You’re being melodramatic, you know that? | 你想得太多了 你知道吗 |
[22:58] | The workers will cool down the pile and we’ll try again. | 工人会把温度降下来 我们会再试一次 |
[23:00] | We could go AWOL. Go home. | 我们也可以跑路 直接回家 |
[23:02] | We can’t fly back to the Hill until the reactor is online. | 反应堆正常工作前我们是不能回镇上的 |
[23:06] | I wasn’t talking about the Hill. | 我不是说回镇上 |
[23:13] | So, I know you’re not from Missouri. | 我知道你不是密苏里人 |
[23:18] | Your family still in Holland? | 你家人还在荷兰吗 |
[23:21] | My mother, she’s buried there. | 我妈葬在那里 |
[23:23] | My father fled to London. | 我爸逃去了伦敦 |
[23:26] | Hates the food. | 恨死那里的食物了 |
[23:28] | End of story. Yours? | 没其他可说的了 你呢 |
[23:32] | Mom’s in St. Louis. | 我妈在圣路易斯 |
[23:34] | Dad’s in Jefferson City. | 我爸在杰佛逊城 |
[23:39] | Inmate 7297 at the state penitentiary | 据我所知 狱友7297还在 |
[23:44] | last time I checked. | 州立监狱服刑 |
[23:52] | Why am I telling you that? | 我为什么会跟你说这些 |
[23:56] | My wife doesn’t even know. | 我妻子都不知道 |
[24:05] | What are the odds | 我们今晚 |
[24:05] | that we charbroil the state of Tennessee tonight? | 把整个田纳西州给烤了的概率有多大 |
[24:09] | We’re just cogs in the machine. | 我们只是机器中的两个齿轮 |
[24:13] | But say you’re Oppenheimer. | 但如果你是奥本海默 |
[24:14] | You have power to redraw the map of civilization forever. | 就可以重绘人类文明 |
[24:20] | Or put a match to it. | 或是付之一炬 |
[24:33] | I found out I was pregnant last year. | 去年我发现我怀孕了 |
[24:37] | Classics professor at Princeton. Wanted to marry me. | 对方是普林斯顿大学经典物理的教授 他想娶我 |
[24:42] | Two weeks later, Frank asks if I want to become | 两周之后 法兰克问我愿不愿意成为 |
[24:45] | the only female physicist at Los Alamos. | 拉斯阿拉莫斯唯一的女物理学家 |
[24:49] | Classics wouldn’t come, | 那个教授不愿意来 |
[24:50] | so I laid down on a metal table | 所以我躺在了蒂内克的 |
[24:53] | in a duplex in Teaneck. | 一张冰冷的手术床上 |
[25:00] | That must have been a complicated choice. | 这个决定一定极其困难 |
[25:03] | When the war is over, you’ll get tenure wherever you want. | 战争结束后 大学会争着聘你做终身教授 |
[25:06] | Even Theodore. | 塞奥多也是 |
[25:08] | He’ll be fine. | 他会找到教职的 |
[25:09] | Academia chooses a black man over a woman every time. | 学术界宁要黑人也不要女人 |
[25:15] | I’ll fight to get an adjunct job at Podunk Junior College. | 我也就随便找个学校争取当上客座教授吧 |
[25:19] | But I don’t give a shit. | 但是我根本不在乎 |
[25:23] | Because for however long the war lasts… | 因为只要战争继续 |
[25:26] | I get to do what I love. | 我就可以从事自己喜欢的工作 |
[25:38] | If I were Oppie… | 如果我是奥比 |
[25:41] | I’d wait for a year from now | 一年之后我将成为 |
[25:44] | to become the world’s most famous scientist. | 世界上最著名的科学家 |
[25:46] | I’d pose for “Life” Magazine. | 会为《生活》杂志拍封面 |
[25:50] | And then I’d run for office. | 然后去竞选总统 |
[26:01] | To President Prins. | 敬普林斯总统 |
[26:07] | It’s unlucky to toast with water. | 以水代酒是不吉利的 |
[26:11] | We’ll have to go to my room. | 我们得去我的房间 |
[26:26] | Oh, getting a little close. | 离得太近了 |
[26:38] | Here you go. | 给你 |
[26:39] | Cooked up special just for you. 90 proof. | 专门为你调了一杯 45度的 |
[26:42] | That’s 80 proof too much for me. | 40度对我来说都太高了 |
[26:44] | Aw, thought you were an army girl. | 我还以为你是部队女兵 |
[27:27] | Stop. It’s OK, baby. That’s OK. | 停下 没事的 亲爱的 |
[27:31] | It’ll never work with a hollow sphere. Never. | 一个空心球是永远不会起作用的 |
[27:35] | He says to me, | 他和我说 |
[27:37] | well, if the Wrong Brothers can fly a plane– | 如果两错兄弟能让飞机飞上天… |
[27:39] | The Wright brothers. | 是莱特兄弟 |
[27:41] | – What? – The Wright brothers. | -什么 -莱特兄弟 |
[27:45] | You said the Wrong brothers. | 你说两错兄弟 |
[27:50] | I was wrong about the Wright? | 我居然把莱特说错了 |
[27:55] | Never in a million years would I have thought | 我永远也不会想到 |
[27:57] | that something with a density of 19.5 grams per | 密度为19.5克/立方厘米的东西 |
[28:00] | cubic centimeter would compress. | 还能再压缩 |
[28:03] | I mean, you can’t blow in a can of beer | 我是说 你不可能往一罐啤酒里吹气 |
[28:06] | without spattering some beer, right? | 却不溅出啤酒 对吧 |
[28:13] | Speaking of which, | 说到这里 |
[28:15] | what’s a girl got to do to get a drink around here? | 姑娘我怎样做才能喝上一杯 |
[28:45] | Late night selling cookies? | 大半夜去卖饼干吗 |
[28:50] | We had rehearsal for this stupid campout tomorrow. | 我们在为明天蠢透了的露营排练 |
[28:55] | We have to serenade the soldiers. | 要给士兵们唱小夜曲 |
[28:57] | Well, you have a very nice singing voice. | 你有一副优美的嗓音 |
[29:01] | I look like Shirley Temple. | 我穿得像秀兰·邓波儿 |
[29:07] | I’m not a child. | 我不是个孩子了 |
[29:10] | Please don’t make me do this anymore. | 请别再让我做这些了 |
[29:13] | I’m afraid your mother’s calling the plays on this one. | 恐怕这次是你妈说了算 |
[29:18] | It’s your fault we’re here in the first place. | 说到底我们会在这里都是你的错 |
[29:34] | What are we looking at? | 那是什么 |
[29:37] | – I don’t know. – Yes, you do. | -我不知道 -你知道的 |
[29:42] | Taurus. | 金牛座 |
[29:44] | You remember how Taurus looked from New Jersey? | 你还记得新泽西的金牛座是什么样吗 |
[29:48] | You could barely even see Electra. | 在那里都很难看到七星 |
[29:51] | Look. Look how bright that is. | 看 看那星星多亮 |
[30:01] | This isn’t our home, Callie. | 这里不是我们的家 凯莉 |
[30:05] | This whole neighborhood, | 这整个社区 |
[30:08] | it’s just cheap plaster and wood. | 都是用廉价石膏和木材建成的 |
[30:10] | In a couple years, we will be back in Princeton. | 不出几年 我们就会回到普林斯顿 |
[30:14] | And this, | 而这里 |
[30:16] | this’ll all be Indian land. | 又会成为印第安人的土地 |
[30:22] | Like it never happened. | 就好像这个镇从未存在过 |
[30:28] | We just got to get through it. | 我们只要熬过这段时期 |
[30:32] | Any way we can. | 无论用什么方法 |
[30:54] | We should use this yard more. | 我们应该多利用一下这个院子 |
[31:02] | What? | 怎么了 |
[31:31] | It’s okay. It’s all right. | 没事的 没事的 |
[31:33] | – Come on. – No. | -来嘛 -不要 |
[31:36] | Abby. | 艾比 |
[31:37] | – We’re just fine here. – Abby, come on. | -我们在这儿很好 -艾比 快来 |
[31:39] | – Don’t worry about it. – We’re going home. | -别担心 -我们要回家了 |
[31:40] | – No, I want to dance. – What did you give her? | -不 我想跳舞 -你给她吃了什么 |
[31:46] | I’m– I’m having– | 我 我吃了… |
[32:02] | Hate to interrupt you and the missus. | 抱歉打扰你和夫人了 |
[32:10] | We filled every channel, overpowered the xenon, | 我们把通道都填满了 搞定了氙的问题 |
[32:14] | temperature’s constant now. | 现在达到恒温状态了 |
[32:16] | Army says go. | 军方说可以开始了 |
[32:19] | You’re still not gonna do– | 点燃前你还是 |
[32:21] | make any changes to safety before you light her up? | 不打算修改安全措施吗 |
[32:29] | Are you drunk? | 你喝醉了吗 |
[32:32] | Not nearly enough for this. | 为庆祝这一刻喝这些不算多 |
[32:36] | Go ahead. | 继续吧 |
[32:43] | We were having fun. | 我们玩得很开心 |
[32:45] | Too much. | 玩得太过了 |
[32:46] | Too much fun for one night. | 今晚玩太过了 |
[32:48] | I want to dance, El. Why won’t you dance with me? | 我要跳舞 伊 你为什么不陪我跳舞 |
[32:50] | Dance? | 跳舞吗 |
[33:00] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[33:17] | Primary cooling system team leader reports status green. | 主冷却系统控制组组长汇报运行良好 |
[33:20] | Air valves 10 to 24 report all green. | 空气阀门10至24运行良好 |
[33:24] | Status normal. | 处于正常状态 |
[33:25] | All primary pumps report green. | 全部主泵运行良好 |
[33:28] | Standing by. | 待命 |
[33:30] | I thought you weren’t supposed to be in here. | 我还以为你不被允许来这里 |
[33:33] | They told me I could come back | 他们说我可以回来 |
[33:34] | if I stick to my own business | 只要我做好自己的本分 |
[33:36] | and respect my superiors. | 和尊重上司 |
[33:39] | I assume you’re responsible? | 我猜是你们在背后帮忙 |
[33:42] | The least we could do. | 这是我们该做的 |
[33:46] | Your friend asked why I stay here. | 你的朋友问我为什么留在这里 |
[33:49] | This is as close as I can get to wherever you people | 留在这里我可以近距离接触 |
[33:51] | are building what we both know you’re building. | 你我都知道你们在造的东西 |
[33:55] | I wish I could… | 恕我不能… |
[33:57] | talk about it. | 谈论此事 |
[33:58] | I can’t get this past the censors. | 我没法绕过审核人员寄出此信 |
[34:01] | But you can deliver it to Frank Winter. | 但你能把这个交给法兰克·温特 |
[34:03] | I know his neutron reaction work. | 我知道他在做中子反应工作 |
[34:05] | He should see mine. | 他应该看下我的成果 |
[34:07] | If he found a way to get a woman there, | 他有办法把一个女人弄进去 |
[34:08] | he can find a way to get me. | 就有办法把我弄进去 |
[34:11] | No offense. | 无意冒犯 |
[34:15] | A rising tide lifts all boats. | 在特殊时期大家都是受益者 |
[34:19] | Attention, all plant personnel | 注意 所有厂区人员 |
[34:21] | are required to pass through the safety zone | 必须先通过安全检查区 |
[34:23] | prior to leaving the facility. | 才可离开 |
[34:46] | Mrs. Abby? | 艾比夫人 |
[34:49] | I’m gonna make a sandwich for Joey. | 我要给乔伊做三明治 |
[34:51] | Are you hungry? | 你饿吗 |
[34:54] | What time is it? | 几点了 |
[34:55] | It’s 12:00. | 十二点了 |
[34:58] | I’m feeling a bit under the weather. | 我有点不舒服 |
[35:02] | Okay. | 好的 |
[35:22] | Are you intentionally hitting every bump? | 你是故意撞上所有減速路脊的吗 |
[35:27] | What’s that noise? | 那是什么声音 |
[35:29] | What the hell? | 搞什么鬼 |
[35:32] | – What are you doing? – It’s not me. | -你在干什么 -跟我没关系 |
[35:33] | Something’s wrong with the car. | 车子出毛病了 |
[35:38] | Damn it. | 该死 |
[35:48] | Brand-new car. | 全新的车 |
[35:50] | Hasn’t even needed an oil change. | 甚至还不需要更换机油 |
[35:57] | Christ, fuel line is full of water. | 天啊 油管里全是水 |
[36:01] | Son of a bitch at the station must have diluted the gas. | 混蛋加油站肯定把汽油掺水了 |
[36:04] | Even a Cadillac won’t run if the fuel’s no good. | 油不好 卡迪拉克也跑不动 |
[36:10] | Reactor fuel. | 核反应堆燃料 |
[36:12] | Nuclear cars? | 核能车 |
[36:14] | Wouldn’t file a patent just yet. | 现在肯定申请不了专利 |
[36:16] | We’ve been designing a bomb based on plutonium | 我们在用两位天才用回旋加速器 |
[36:18] | two geniuses cranked out with a cyclotron. | 制成的钚研制炸弹 |
[36:21] | So? | 然后呢 |
[36:22] | So a reactor is different. Iodine, xenon, | 所以核反应堆是另一码事 会有碘 氙 |
[36:24] | who knows what else? Chemical by-products. | 谁知道还有什么化学副产物 |
[36:26] | Water in the gas. | 汽油里的水 |
[36:31] | What if reactor plutonium isn’t pure? | 如果核反应堆生产的钚不纯呢 |
[36:33] | Frank always assumes the worst. | 法兰克总是做最坏的打算 |
[36:34] | Implosion model could run on crude oil. | 内爆模型用原油一样能成功 |
[36:48] | *He’s got my brothers and my sisters* | *我的兄弟姐妹* |
[36:51] | *In his hands* | *由他掌控* |
[36:52] | *He’s got my brothers and my sisters* | *我的兄弟姐妹* |
[36:55] | *In his hands* | *由他掌控* |
[36:56] | *He’s got my brothers and my sisters* | *我的兄弟姐妹* |
[36:58] | *In his hands* | *由他掌控* |
[37:00] | *He’s got the whole world in his hands* | *全世界尽由他掌控* |
[37:03] | *He’s got the sun and the rain* | *阳光与阴雨* |
[37:05] | *In his hands* | *由他掌控* |
[37:07] | *He’s got the moon and stars* | *皓月与繁星* |
[37:09] | *In his hands* | *由他掌控* |
[37:10] | *He’s got the wind and the clouds* | *清风与云彩* |
[37:13] | *In his hands* | *由他掌控* |
[37:14] | *He’s got the ocean and the seas* | *浩瀚海洋* |
[37:16] | *In his hands* | *由他掌控* |
[37:17] | *He’s got you and he’s got me…* | *你与我也由他掌控* |
[37:26] | I saw you hanging around our house. | 我看到你在我家外面闲逛 |
[37:31] | I’m on night patrol. We’re supposed to… | 我是在夜间巡逻 保护居民安全 |
[37:33] | keep the neighborhood safe. | 是我们的职责 |
[37:36] | Was there a lot of suspicious activity around my bedroom window? | 我卧室的窗户附近经常发生可疑行为吗 |
[37:42] | Are you a Peeping Tom or something? | 你是偷窥狂什么的吗 |
[37:46] | Well, you flashed me. | 是你脱给我看的 |
[37:50] | Well, now it’s your turn. | 现在轮到你了 |
[37:54] | What? | 什么 |
[37:55] | Show me what’s under your shirt… | 把上衣脱掉 |
[37:59] | or I’ll scream. | 不然我就大叫 |
[39:00] | – Paloma, I… – Buena suerte. | -帕洛玛 我… -祝你好运 |
[39:19] | Everything okay? | 没事吧 |
[39:23] | Well, she quit. | 她不干了 |
[39:26] | She said that… | 她说… |
[39:29] | after yesterday, she wasn’t comfortable working for us anymore. | 经过昨天的事 她没法再干下去了 |
[39:36] | What did you say? | 那你怎么说 |
[39:39] | I told her vaya con Dios | 我跟她说”愿主与你同在” |
[39:41] | and I gave her 20 bucks. | 给了她二十美元 |
[39:45] | What was I supposed to say? | 我还能说什么 |
[39:51] | Well, I’m sure we can get a replacement. | 我们肯定可以再找一个 |
[39:55] | We never needed a maid in Princeton. | 我们在普林斯顿的时候从没请过保姆 |
[40:06] | He wanted to kidnap the Princess. | 宙斯想绑架公主 |
[40:09] | So Zeus disguised himself | 于是他把自己伪装成 |
[40:11] | as a giant white bull, Taurus, | 一头巨大的白色公牛 就是金牛座 |
[40:13] | and he carried her on his back across the ocean to Crete | 然后驮着她跨过大洋到了克里特岛 |
[40:18] | where he raped her, basically. | 并在那里强奸了她 |
[40:20] | And she never saw her family again. | 从此她再未见过家人 |
[40:26] | How do you know so much? | 你怎么知道这么多 |
[40:29] | We had a telescope in Princeton. | 我们在普林斯顿有架望远镜 |
[40:33] | Where is that? | 那是哪里 |
[40:36] | It’s where I’m from. | 我曾经的家 |
[40:39] | Where I’m going back to. | 也是未来我要回去的地方 |
[40:43] | Not too soon, I hope. | 希望你别太早离开 |
[41:11] | Thanks for the ride. | 多谢你送我回来 |
[41:13] | Sure. | 不客气 |
[41:18] | So, what happens now? | 现在怎么办 |
[41:22] | We go back to being sworn enemies? | 我们又变回死敌了吗 |
[41:32] | Hair of the dog? | 一醉方休吗 |
[41:35] | I got two bottles of whiskey | 我行李箱里的两瓶威士忌 |
[41:36] | burning a hole in my suitcase. | 都等得不耐烦了 |
[41:46] | No. | 不用了 |
[41:48] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[41:52] | – See you around. – Yeah. | -再见 -再见 |
[42:14] | Well, well, well. | 瞧瞧是谁回来了 |
[42:17] | I’d give you a hero’s welcome, | 我本想热烈欢迎你一下的 |
[42:18] | but as you can see, | 但如你所见 |
[42:19] | I have my hands full with this pile of work you left behind. | 我正忙着搞定你留下来的这一大堆活呢 |
[42:23] | Is Frank here? | 法兰克在吗 |
[42:25] | Hardly. | 你觉得呢 |
[42:26] | No. No, it’s just me. | 现在不在 只有我一个人 |
[42:53] | As long as we’re both stranded here in the desert, | 既然我们都被困在这沙漠里了 |
[42:55] | how about a drop to drink? | 不如喝点酒吧 |
[43:09] | Or we could skip the drink. | 或者跳过喝酒这一步也行 |
[43:33] | How was wherever you were? | 你去的地方怎么样 |
[43:38] | Not home. | 不如家里好 |
[43:51] | I love you, Abby. | 我爱你 艾比 |
[44:13] | I have to go back to the office. | 我得回办公室 |
[44:18] | Now? What’s wrong? | 现在吗 出什么事了 |
[44:26] | I don’t know yet. | 我还不知道 |