时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:03] | I gave you the velocity distribution problem | 我把速度分布问题交给你 |
[00:05] | because I think you’re the only man here | 是因为我觉得你是这里 |
[00:06] | who’s capable of solving it. | 唯一一位能解出来的人 |
[00:08] | You are a once-in-a-generation mind. | 你拥有百年一遇的头脑 |
[00:10] | There’s a problem with Thin Man. | 瘦子计划出了问题 |
[00:12] | So what are we gonna do about it? | 那我们应该怎么做 |
[00:13] | The plan is to prove implosion works | 我的打算是在弄到钚材料之前 |
[00:15] | before the plutonium arrives. | 证明内爆可行 |
[00:17] | To put everybody around you in jeopardy? | 让你身边的所有人都身处危险中吗 |
[00:19] | Sorry to hear about Glen. | 很遗憾听到格兰的事 |
[00:20] | He went to go do admin work for Oppenheimer? | 他替奥本海默做管理工作去了 |
[00:22] | Helen, there’s something I have to ask you. | 海伦 我要问你点事 |
[00:25] | Oh, shit. | 该死 |
[00:26] | Are you– | 你是不是 |
[00:29] | – This is just work. – Of course it is. | -我们是在工作 -当然是工作 |
[00:31] | I need you to put some papers into their house | 我需要你在他们家里放几篇论文 |
[00:34] | to make it look like Lancefield hid them. | 伪装成是兰斯菲尔德想要把论文藏起来 |
[00:36] | I don’t even know who I’m talking to. | 你已经变成我完全不认识的人了 |
[00:38] | So you’re framing them for something. | 所以你是要陷害他们吗 |
[00:44] | Dr. Akley. I apologize. | 奥克利博士 非常抱歉 |
[00:45] | It’s about a problem we’ve been working on in implosion. | 是有关我们在研究的内爆问题 |
[00:48] | Implosion is Frank Winter country and the border is closed. | 内爆是法兰克·温特的项目 不关我的事 |
[00:50] | I believe your border is wide open. | 我相信现在跟你有关系了 |
[01:20] | Christ. | 天啊 |
[01:23] | You spooked me. | 你吓到我了 |
[01:25] | I thought everyone had cleared out for the night. | 我以为大家晚上都走了 |
[01:27] | “Boldly they rode and well, | “他们英勇无畏策马飞身 |
[01:30] | into the jaws of Death, | 进入鬼门关 |
[01:34] | into the mouth of Hell.” | 进入地狱之口” |
[01:37] | You know that one? | 你知道这首诗吗 |
[01:39] | No, sir. | 不知道 先生 |
[01:42] | Will you let me know if you see anything out of the ordinary? | 要是你看到任何异常 请告诉我好吗 |
[01:46] | Nothing’s amiss here. | 一切正常 |
[01:50] | Thank you, Edgar. | 谢谢 埃德加 |
[03:01] | Reed. What time is it? | 里德 这才几点 |
[03:07] | It’s late as far as the javelina are concerned. | 要猎野猪的话这就已经晚了 |
[03:14] | You’re in the doghouse, huh? | 你后院起火了吗 |
[03:17] | I warned you. | 我警告过你 |
[03:19] | Secrets have a way of coming out. | 秘密是藏不住的 |
[03:24] | Get dressed. | 穿好衣服 |
[03:26] | We’re going for a drive. | 我们开车出去兜兜风 |
[04:25] | I wouldn’t know I have a javelina if it ran right past me. | 野猪从我面前跑过我都认不出来 |
[04:28] | It won’t. | 它不会来的 |
[04:29] | They can sniff you out from 100 yards. | 它们在九十米外就能闻到你的气味 |
[04:31] | So how are we supposed to shoot one? | 那我们怎么可能打到它们 |
[04:34] | We’re not shooting wild pigs, Charlie. | 我们不是来打野猪的 查理 |
[04:36] | They taste like shit | 它们的肉难吃极了 |
[04:37] | and they look too ugly to put on a wall. | 把它们做成装饰挂在墙上又太丑了 |
[04:45] | Dr. Akley? | 奥克利博士 |
[04:46] | A combat historian I know | 一位我认识的作战史学家 |
[04:48] | found out a fascinating detail | 发现一个关于前线美国士兵 |
[04:50] | about our American GIs on the front line. | 很有趣的细节 |
[04:52] | Is that right? | 是吗 |
[04:53] | We’re fighting an army convinced it is a master race | 我们与之战斗的军队坚信自己是优等民族 |
[04:57] | destined to dominate all of mankind, | 注定要主宰全人类 |
[04:59] | an army that puts your women and children | 并将妇女儿童 |
[05:01] | in concentration camps. | 关入集中营 |
[05:03] | But do you know | 但你知道 |
[05:05] | what four in five of our soldiers do | 当有机会向这些罪人开火时 |
[05:09] | when given the chance to fire at these wretched people? | 我们五分之四的士兵们是怎么做的吗 |
[05:12] | They intentionally miss. | 他们故意射偏 |
[05:14] | 80% of our soldiers | 我们百分之八十的士兵 |
[05:18] | can’t bear the idea of shooting someone, | 根本无法狠心击毙别人 |
[05:20] | even their worst enemy. | 即便是他们最大的敌人都不行 |
[05:23] | I doubt I’d be able to. | 我可能也狠不下心 |
[05:26] | And yet you shot me in the back. | 但你却狠心在背后阴我 |
[05:31] | Sir, whatever you heard– | 先生 不管你听说了什么… |
[05:35] | Charlie, | 查理 |
[05:37] | you know how long we’ve been working on the gun model? | 你知道我们研究枪式模型多长时间了吗 |
[05:40] | Almost a year. | 差不多一年 |
[05:41] | 700 years. | 是七百年 |
[05:42] | The Chinese invented firearms in the 13th century. | 中国人在十三世纪发明了火器 |
[05:45] | We’ve been refining them ever since. | 从那时起 人类一直在做改进 |
[05:47] | Thin Man is just the next evolutionary stage, | 瘦子计划只是由此发展出的新产物 |
[05:49] | so why are you trying to sabotage her? | 你为什么要暗中破坏整个计划 |
[05:54] | Sir, Thin Man was never going to work. | 先生 瘦子计划是不可能实现的 |
[05:59] | With the plutonium that they are making at Site X, | 如果用了X工厂制造的钚材料 |
[06:02] | Thin Man will predetonate. | 瘦子会提前爆炸的 |
[06:04] | The spontaneous fission rate is too high. | 自发裂变率太高了 |
[06:06] | That might be true. | 或许吧 |
[06:07] | No, sir, it is true. | 不 先生 这是真的 |
[06:10] | But, Charlie, we’re not using the plutonium at Site X. | 但是查理 我们用的不是X工厂的钚材料 |
[06:12] | I was there. I saw the factory. | 我去过那里 亲眼见过工厂所做的材料 |
[06:14] | What you saw at Site X | 你在X工厂看见的 |
[06:15] | was a pilot plant designed to work out the kinks. | 是为了解决这个问题而建造的实验性工厂 |
[06:17] | I wasn’t in Washington, DC, this week. | 我这周没去华盛顿特区 |
[06:19] | I was in Washington State touring the new reactor | 我去的是华盛顿州 视察了新的用来制造 |
[06:22] | that will make the weapons grade plutonium. | 武器级钚材料的核反应堆 |
[06:24] | The army calls it Site W. | 军方称其为W工厂 |
[06:27] | But why would we think | 我们凭什么认为 |
[06:28] | their plutonium would be any cleaner? | 他们的钚材料更纯 |
[06:30] | Because Enrico Fermi personally designed the reactor. | 因为恩里科·费米亲自设计了那个反应堆 |
[06:33] | I have the fission rates on my desk. | 我拿到了他们的裂变率 |
[06:35] | It’s as good as cyclotron plutonium. | 能达到回旋加速器产生的钚的级别 |
[06:36] | It’s as good as pure. | 纯度非常高 |
[06:38] | You’ve been manipulated | 你被一个才华横溢 |
[06:41] | by a brilliant but misguided man. | 但误入歧途的人操纵了 |
[06:44] | Frank Winter is using you | 法兰克·温特在利用你 |
[06:46] | to destroy Thin Man. | 摧毁瘦子计划 |
[06:49] | Did Frank know about Site W? | 法兰克知道W工厂吗 |
[06:51] | He has the same security clearance as I do, | 他和我拥有同等级的权限 |
[06:53] | at least for now. | 至少目前是如此 |
[06:55] | But why wouldn’t he have told me? | 那他为什么不告诉我 |
[06:56] | Charlie, I don’t care | 查理 我不在乎 |
[06:59] | if implosion wins this war or Thin Man. | 促成战争胜利的是内爆还是瘦子 |
[07:03] | I don’t care if Hitler swallows a shotgun. | 我不在乎希特勒会不会饮弹自尽 |
[07:07] | Every man on this Hill | 镇上的每一个人 |
[07:09] | is fighting the same war except Frank, | 都在为同一场战争而奋战 除了法兰克 |
[07:12] | who’s too busy fighting for his own place in history. | 他忙着为自己在历史上争得一席之位 |
[07:15] | Tell me, whose idea was it | 告诉我 是谁出的主意 |
[07:18] | to hijack Thin Man in the first place? | 想要盗窃瘦子的资源 |
[07:20] | Whose idea to try and dupe | 是谁想要欺骗 |
[07:22] | the most powerful army in the world? | 世界上最强大的军队 |
[07:24] | Yours? | 是你吗 |
[07:25] | No. | 不是 |
[07:27] | Was it Frank’s brilliant idea to send Helen Prins over | 派海伦·普林斯暗中监视瘦子计划 |
[07:29] | to spy on Thin Man as well? | 也是法兰克想出来的好点子吗 |
[07:30] | She wasn’t involved. | 她与此事无关 |
[07:32] | Frank’s had you on her strings | 自从你到达这里的那一刻起 |
[07:33] | since the minute you got here. | 法兰克就让她来跟你套近乎 |
[07:37] | He used her to squeeze the plutonium out of you. | 他利用她从你这里设法获得钚材料 |
[07:39] | He sent her to Site X in order to tempt you. | 他派她去X工厂 目的是为了勾引你 |
[07:42] | What about Tom Lancefield? | 汤姆·兰斯菲尔德呢 |
[07:43] | Is he mixed up in all this? | 他参与了吗 |
[07:50] | Lancefield found out. | 兰斯菲尔德发现了 |
[07:53] | Frank said we had to get rid of him. | 法兰克说我们得除掉他 |
[07:58] | Jesus, Charlie. | 老天 查理 |
[08:01] | Sir, I am so sorry. | 长官 我很抱歉 |
[08:09] | It’s okay. | 没关系 |
[08:12] | It’s okay. | 没关系 |
[08:16] | Right now we have to figure out a way to keep you safe. | 现在我们得想个办法保证你的安全 |
[08:20] | Last night I pulled every requisition | 昨晚我重新看了一下 |
[08:22] | that’s come out of my office in the last two months. | 过去两个月从我办公室下发的请购单 |
[08:24] | Every order co-opting our resources for use on implosion. | 都是利用我们的资源研究内爆的 |
[08:28] | Your signature is on all of them. | 上面都有你的签名 |
[08:30] | Plain as day. | 铁证如山 |
[08:32] | Jesus. | 天哪 |
[08:33] | The army uses the same ammo for decent misguided men | 军方对误入歧途的正派人士 |
[08:36] | as it does for spies. | 与对间谍一视同仁 |
[08:39] | You’re implicated in a conspiracy | 你被卷入了一场阴谋 |
[08:41] | to sabotage the most expensive | 一场蓄谋破坏军方历史上 |
[08:43] | and most secret project in military history. | 最为昂贵最为机密项目的阴谋 |
[08:45] | And if it comes out, | 如果事情败露 |
[08:46] | you’re the only one | 最后被查出来的人 |
[08:48] | that it will trace back to. | 只有你 |
[08:50] | And meanwhile, | 而与此同时 |
[08:52] | the man who’s truly responsible for all this | 这件事的真正幕后黑手 |
[08:54] | could get away scot-free. | 却平安无事 逍遥法外 |
[09:51] | How long does it take Dr. Oppenheimer | 奥本海默博士从他的办公室 |
[09:52] | to walk 300 feet from his office? | 走个九十米要花多长时间 |
[09:58] | Where is he? | 他在哪 |
[10:00] | Well, they have central AC | 毕竟白宫有中央空调 |
[10:01] | and no dust storms at the White House, | 也没有沙尘暴 |
[10:02] | so you can hardly blame the man for extending his stay. | 他想在那里多待一阵子也是可以理解的 |
[10:06] | Don’t worry. I’ll take notes. | 别担心 我会记笔记的 |
[10:09] | Gentlemen, we’ve just gotten word | 先生们 刚刚收到消息 |
[10:11] | that more than a gram of plutonium | 一克多的钚 |
[10:13] | will be shipping imminently | 很快将从X工厂的 |
[10:14] | from the Graphite Reactor at Site X. | 石墨反应堆运出 |
[10:16] | How imminently? | 有多快 |
[10:17] | Within a week. | 一周之内送到 |
[10:19] | Don’t forget the postal service doesn’t deliver on Sundays. | 别忘了邮局周日不送货 |
[10:23] | The solid plutonium buttons will be traveling | 固体钚将会密封在钛箱中 |
[10:25] | by train in a sealed titanium case. | 用火车运送 |
[10:27] | Carried by whom? | 由谁负责运送 |
[10:29] | That’s need-to-know information. | 只有相关人士知道 |
[10:32] | The last time we shipped plutonium, | 上次运送钚的时候 |
[10:34] | a sweaty-palmed junior professor | 一个胆小的助教 |
[10:36] | nearly got himself killed at a truck stop, | 差点死在卡车站 |
[10:37] | so forgive me if I’d like a little background | 所以恕我多嘴问一句 |
[10:39] | on the person we’re entrusting with 100 times | 这个负责运送比世上最恐怖的资源 |
[10:41] | as much of the scarcest resource on the planet. | 还要骇人一百倍的原料的人到底什么背景 |
[10:45] | He’s a heavily armed lieutenant | 他是田纳西第五步兵营 |
[10:46] | in Tennessee’s 5th Ranger Battalion, | 一名全副武装的陆军中尉 |
[10:49] | the most combat-ready unit in the United States Army. | 第五步兵营是美国陆军最精锐的部队 |
[10:52] | That good enough for you? | 满意了吗 |
[10:54] | The train from Knoxville to Santa Fe | 从诺克斯维尔到圣菲 |
[10:57] | takes 34 and a quarter hours. | 坐火车需要34小时15分钟 |
[10:59] | Two-thirds of the 50 stops | 停靠的五十个车站中有三分之二 |
[11:01] | appear on every world map. | 在任何一张世界地图上都能找到 |
[11:03] | And do you know where the highest concentrations | 你知道我国最密集的 |
[11:05] | of German nationals in this country happen to live? | 德国人聚居区在哪吗 |
[11:07] | The Santa Fe Railroad sold them | 圣菲铁路公司 |
[11:09] | a few hundred thousand acres of farmland | 在本世纪初卖给了他们 |
[11:11] | at the turn of the century. | 上千平方公里的农田 |
[11:13] | We need soldiers in army trucks, aerial support. | 我们需要军用卡车和空中支援 |
[11:16] | We need a convoy that can protect itself | 我们得组建一支护卫队保护它 |
[11:19] | in case it falls under enemy attack. | 以防敌人发动攻击 |
[11:20] | That operation would delay the shipment by weeks. | 那种行动会拖延运送好几周 |
[11:24] | If we fumble this ball, | 如果我们搞砸了 |
[11:27] | we won’t be looking at delays. | 可就不只延期这么简单了 |
[11:29] | The game will be over. | 我们就输定了 |
[11:31] | Glen? | 格兰 |
[11:35] | It’s a reasonable point. | 他说的有道理 |
[11:37] | This week I found out that a subordinate of mine | 这周 我发现我的一个下属 |
[11:39] | was stealing Thin Man secrets from under my nose, | 在我的眼皮底下窃取瘦子的机密情报 |
[11:41] | a man that I trusted. | 我曾十分信任他 |
[11:42] | Now imagine | 你们设想一下 |
[11:44] | if a traitor like Tom Lancefield | 万一汤姆·兰斯菲尔德这样的叛徒 |
[11:46] | were to catch wind of our shipping plans. | 听到我们要运送钚的风声会如何 |
[11:48] | Now I think that it’s time that we all faced reality. | 我觉的我们该面对现实了 |
[11:53] | There are spies on this Hill. | 这个基地里有间谍 |
[12:03] | Helen, I’m busy. | 海伦 我忙着呢 |
[12:05] | With what? | 忙什么 |
[12:10] | Not now. | 现在不行 |
[12:10] | Okay, when? | 好吧 那什么时候 |
[12:14] | Dr. Prins. | 普林斯博士 |
[12:15] | Just the physicist I wanted to see. | 我正想找你呢 |
[12:25] | How was your trip, sir? | 旅途如何 先生 |
[12:29] | I want to tell you something, Helen. | 我想告诉你些事 海伦 |
[12:31] | Whatever the reason that | 无论查理是出于何种原因 |
[12:32] | Charlie recruited you into Thin Man, | 将你招进瘦子计划 |
[12:35] | I’m lucky to have you on my team. | 能有你加入是我们的荣幸 |
[12:37] | Oh, thank you, sir. | 谢谢 先生 |
[12:39] | I’m so glad to be here. | 我也很高兴能够加入 |
[12:46] | You ever hear that old song, | 你听过那首老歌吗 |
[12:48] | “I’m gonna dance with the guy what brung me”? | 《引我之人 与之共舞》 |
[12:52] | No. | 没听过 |
[12:56] | I know that Frank brought you to this dance | 我明白是法兰克把你安插在这里 |
[12:59] | and I know you feel loyal to him. | 我也明白你认为自己应该忠诚于他 |
[13:03] | For whatever reason, he inspires that in people. | 他的确总是能赢得人们的忠心 |
[13:05] | Oh, sir, I’m very grateful… | 先生 我很感激… |
[13:07] | He inspired it in me. | 我就曾忠于他 |
[13:09] | Did you know that Frank | 你知道我研究生毕业后 |
[13:10] | gave me my first job out of graduate school? | 第一份工作就是法兰克给我的吗 |
[13:12] | Really? | 真的吗 |
[13:13] | Even back then he had a unique mind. | 即便在那时他也有着独到的见解 |
[13:16] | He was brilliant. He was iconoclastic. | 聪明 勇于创新 |
[13:18] | I looked up to him. | 我很尊重他 |
[13:23] | And then he picked a squabble with the Department Chair | 之后他与系主任发生了争执 |
[13:25] | and I leapt to his defense. | 我帮他说了话 |
[13:27] | And next thing I know, | 紧接着 |
[13:30] | Frank’s AWOL and I’m left flapping in the Chicago wind. | 法兰克就消失了 而我留在芝加哥喝西北风 |
[13:32] | It taught me a valuable lesson about politics. | 这件事给我上了一堂宝贵的政治课 |
[13:36] | And about Frank. | 也让我看透了法兰克 |
[13:39] | Well, he’s not the easiest guy to work with. | 跟他合作的确不容易 |
[13:43] | Great men are not always good men. | 伟人并非都是好人 |
[13:49] | There’s a storm coming. | 就要出大事了 |
[13:51] | Now, Charlie won’t admit it… | 尽管查理不承认 |
[13:55] | but I think you’re involved in this mess. | 但我认为你也参与了这个破事 |
[13:59] | I’m going to protect Charlie. | 我会保护查理 |
[14:01] | I’d like to protect you. | 我也想保护你 |
[14:03] | But I can’t help you unless I know that I can trust you. | 但我没法帮你除非我能信任你 |
[14:07] | Let me ask you something. | 我问你点事 |
[14:10] | Did you even know what you were getting involved in? | 你知道自己究竟参与了什么吗 |
[14:18] | Sir, I was coerced. | 先生 我是被迫的 |
[14:26] | Speeches will be limited to five minutes | 演讲不得超过五分钟 |
[14:28] | so that we may hear from as many candidates as possible… | 以便让更多的候选人上台 |
[14:44] | Well, she has got my vote. | 我肯定投给她了 |
[14:48] | Who does? | 谁 |
[14:48] | Mrs. Winter. | 温特夫人 |
[14:50] | It’s about time we had a fresh face on the town council. | 镇议会也该有个新鲜面孔了 |
[14:50] | 厌倦了被军方当成二等公民了吗 投票支持莱莎·温特竞选镇议员吧 | |
[14:53] | Colonel’s gonna wish he were back in the Solomon Islands. | 上校巴不得他能回所罗门群岛呢 |
[14:56] | Do you think you could get me a meeting with her? | 你能让我和她见一面吗 |
[14:57] | I have a few issues I’d like to talk to her about. | 我有几件事想跟她说 |
[14:59] | The new George Zucco picture came out in November | 乔治·祖可的新片十一月就出了 |
[15:02] | and they still haven’t shown it in the theater here. | 这儿的电影院到现在还没上映呢 |
[15:04] | Oh, and Jeannie is very concerned | 还有金妮很关心 |
[15:06] | about the curfew in the women’s dorm. | 女兵宿舍的宵禁情况 |
[15:08] | Frank. | 法兰克 |
[15:11] | Where is everybody? | 大家都去哪了 |
[15:12] | I’m starting to feel like the 10th Little Indian. | 我觉得跟《十个小印第安人》好像 |
[15:16] | No idea. | 不知道 |
[15:18] | Well, if this were a movie, | 如果这是拍电影 |
[15:18] | one of us would be the killer. | 我们其中一人就是凶手 |
[15:21] | Frank! | 法兰克 |
[15:26] | It doesn’t make any sense. | 这说不通啊 |
[15:28] | Charlie has as much to lose as we do. More. | 如果失败了查理失去的将和我们一样多 甚至更多 |
[15:31] | I don’t know if he told Akley or if somebody else did, | 我不知道是他告诉奥克利的还是别人 |
[15:34] | but Akley knows. | 总之奥克利知道了 |
[15:36] | He’s got Charlie in his corner. | 他已经让查理站在他那边了 |
[15:37] | He now thinks he has me. | 现在他以为我也是他的人 |
[15:39] | He’s lining you up to take the fall for everything. | 他要让你一个人承担所有责任 |
[15:43] | Let’s get ahead of this. | 我们得抢先一步 |
[15:44] | We’ll sound the alarm on Thin Man. | 我们得提醒大家瘦子行不通 |
[15:45] | We need proof. | 我们需要证据 |
[15:47] | Well, we’ll show them that Baratol can vary the burn rates | 告诉他们巴拉托炸药能改变爆炸速率 |
[15:50] | and how to consolidate the shock waves. | 以及如何合并冲击波 |
[15:52] | It’s just a theory. | 那只是理论 |
[15:52] | We need a gram of plutonium from Site X | 我们需要一克X工厂的钚 |
[15:55] | to prove Thin Man won’t work and implosion will. | 来证明瘦子计划行不通 只有内爆可行 |
[15:57] | I know some people at Site X. | 我认识X工厂的人 |
[15:58] | I can probably get them to rush the shipment. | 说不定能催他们加快运输 |
[16:00] | You don’t have the authority for that. | 你没权力这么做 |
[16:02] | I’ll just tell them I’m acting on Akley’s orders. | 我就说是奥克利的要求 |
[16:06] | You lie to the army, | 要是你对陆军撒谎 |
[16:07] | it won’t make a difference what the testing shows. | 无论测验结果如何都无关紧要了 |
[16:10] | You’ll be damaged goods for the rest of this war. | 在接下来的战争里你都毫无价值了 |
[16:13] | Gertrude. | 葛特鲁德 |
[16:18] | Gertrude. | 葛特鲁德 |
[16:22] | Is the Colonel here yet? | 上校到了吗 |
[16:24] | Shall I show you how to use | 需要我再向您演示一遍 |
[16:26] | the intercom again, Mr. Babbit? | 如何使用内部专线吗 巴比特先生 |
[16:28] | I think Heinrich Himmler loves me more than this intercom. | 比起这内部专线 海因里希·希姆莱可能更待见我 |
[16:33] | Gertrude. | 葛特鲁德 |
[16:35] | Gertrude. | 葛特鲁德 |
[16:37] | Sir, you have a visitor. | 先生 您有来访者 |
[16:39] | Send the Colonel in. | 让上校进来 |
[16:47] | Never was one for fruit salad on my dress shirts. | 我从没穿过水果图案的衬衫 |
[16:50] | or marching for that matter. | 或者赶过那个潮流 |
[16:52] | Sorry, I won’t be but a minute. | 抱歉 我不会待太久的 |
[16:55] | Paul. | 保罗 |
[16:58] | I heard they moved you in | 我听说他们把你安排到 |
[16:59] | with Oppenheimer’s rock collection. | 奥本海默收藏矿石的屋子里了 |
[17:01] | How do calcite and pyrite fare as office mates? | 方解石和黄铜矿怎么能算是工作伴侣呢 |
[17:06] | They’re quieter than the janitorial staff. | 它们可比清洁工安静多了 |
[17:13] | Glen, I need a transfer. | 格兰 我想调职 |
[17:17] | I can supervise production at Site X. | 我可以去X工厂做产品监督 |
[17:19] | Or I can man one of the teams in Manhattan. | 或者可以加入某个曼哈顿计划的小组 |
[17:21] | I thought you were committed to implosion. | 我还以为你忠于内爆项目呢 |
[17:24] | Whoever we once worked for, | 不管他以前工作时是什么样子 |
[17:27] | Frank has become someone else. | 法兰克现在已经变了个人 |
[17:30] | What happened? | 怎么了 |
[17:31] | I accepted his demands. I put my complete faith in him. | 我接受了他的提议 我百分百忠于他 |
[17:34] | And what do I get in return? | 而我得到的回报是什么 |
[17:35] | I’m made a fool. | 他把我当傻子耍 |
[17:37] | He trusted Helen. | 他却相信海伦 |
[17:38] | He even trusted Charlie Isaacs. | 甚至还相信查理·艾萨克 |
[17:41] | But not me. | 就是不相信我 |
[17:43] | You’re not the only one. | 你不是唯一一个这么认为的 |
[17:44] | He didn’t tell you, either? | 他也没告诉你吗 |
[17:48] | You know, I thought maybe that’s why you left. | 你知道吗 我觉得这就是你离开的原因 |
[17:52] | You brought him here in the first place. | 一开始是你带他加入的 |
[17:55] | And this is how he repays you. | 他就是这么回报你的 |
[17:59] | I’ll see what I can do about the transfer. | 我看看调职的事我能帮上什么忙 |
[18:01] | That bastard Akley won’t have me, either. | 那个混蛋奥克利也不要我 |
[18:06] | No good deed on this Hill goes unpunished. | 恶有恶报 |
[18:09] | He even had the gall to say that I can’t be trusted. | 他竟然胆敢说他不能相信我 |
[18:11] | Even after I… | 甚至在我… |
[18:13] | Even after you what? | 在你什么 |
[18:14] | Even after I told him the truth | 甚至在我告诉他真相之后 |
[18:18] | about Frank and Isaacs. | 有关法兰克和艾萨克的 |
[18:20] | You told Akley? | 你跟奥克利说了 |
[18:24] | What does Isaacs have that I don’t? | 我有什么比不上艾萨克的 |
[18:37] | Switchboard. | 总机 |
[18:38] | I need an outside line. | 我要接外线 |
[18:39] | Washington, DC. the White House. | 华盛顿特区 白宫 |
[18:40] | I need to speak to Robert Oppenheimer. | 我要和罗伯特·奥本海默通话 |
[18:42] | Identification number? | 身份识别号码 |
[18:43] | G11 G-11. | |
[18:45] | One moment. | 稍等 |
[18:50] | The call could not be completed. | 无法为您接通 |
[18:53] | Then put me through to the Pentagon switchboard. | 那帮我接到五角大楼总机 |
[18:55] | Sir, you do not have authorization to call off the Hill. | 先生 您无权拨外线电话 |
[18:58] | That’s ridiculous. G-11. | 这太荒谬了 我是G11 |
[19:00] | I’ve got tier one security clearance. | 有一级安全许可 |
[19:02] | I’m sorry, your clearance has been downgraded. | 对不起 您的安全许可已降级 |
[19:04] | What? By whose order? | 什么 是谁下的指令 |
[19:07] | I do not have authorization to share that information. | 我无权向您透露这个信息 |
[19:17] | To ensure a wider representation | 在人口迅速增长的背景下 |
[19:19] | among our rapidly expanding population, | 为了能更广泛地反映民意 |
[19:22] | the Town Council has seen fit | 镇议会决定 |
[19:24] | to expand our ranks for the coming term. | 在下个任期时增加议员席位 |
[19:27] | Today we’ll be hearing from several candidates. | 今天 我们来听听几名候选人的话 |
[19:30] | Mr. Epstein. | 爱泼斯坦先生 |
[19:36] | Friends, neighbors, | 朋友们 街坊们 |
[19:39] | our way of life on this happy Hill is under attack. | 我们在这里的快乐生活正遭到威胁 |
[19:43] | And we all know who’s to blame. | 我们都知道谁是罪魁祸首 |
[19:46] | Dairy cows. | 是奶牛 |
[19:47] | That’s why all our milk tastes like sagebrush. | 这就是为什么我们的牛奶味同嚼蜡 |
[19:50] | Maybe if President Roosevelt | 要是罗斯福总统 |
[19:52] | had a baby to feed, he’d realize– | 也要喂养孩子 他会意识到… |
[19:53] | I was bird-watching. I wasn’t lurking. | 我是在观察鸟类 不是在偷看 |
[19:56] | And for my opponent to suggest | 我的某些竞争对手抹黑我 |
[19:58] | that I’m some kind of Peeping Tom is, | 说我是个偷窥者 |
[20:01] | frankly, outrageous. | 这实在是太过分了 |
[20:14] | Glen, how’s it feel to finally | 格兰 终于能 |
[20:16] | be able to move freely between buildings? | 自由穿梭在各个部门之间感觉怎么样 |
[20:18] | Can we review your concept on the plan we discussed? | 对之前我们讨论的计划 能再评估下你的看法吗 |
[20:22] | The plutonium transport. | 关于钚的运输 |
[20:25] | I think we can strong-arm the army | 咱们可以强烈要求军方 |
[20:27] | into releasing a convoy in the next few days. | 在接下来的几天里给我们派个运输部队 |
[20:30] | Leave those with my girl. | 把资料交给我手下的姑娘吧 |
[20:31] | I’ll get back to you. | 我会联系你的 |
[20:33] | Honestly, Glen, | 老实说 格兰 |
[20:33] | I don’t think that what we discussed is sufficient. | 我觉得我们讨论得不够充分 |
[20:36] | We have to consider more extreme measures. | 我们得考虑到更极端的情况 |
[20:38] | Even if it means pushing the delivery back | 即便晚收到钚几个星期 |
[20:39] | a few more weeks. | 也在所不惜 |
[20:48] | And finally we have Mrs.– | 最后让我们欢迎莱莎·温特夫人 |
[20:50] | excuse me, | 抱歉 |
[20:51] | Dr. Liza Winter. | 莱莎·温特博士 |
[21:07] | Hello. | 大家好 |
[21:10] | Some of you may know me | 你们中也许有人 |
[21:11] | from my work at the medical clinic. | 是在医疗诊所认识我的 |
[21:14] | Or as the wife of one of the group heads in the tech area. | 或是知道我是技术区某位组长的妻子 |
[21:19] | But I suspect I am best known for throwing a tantrum | 但我想我最为人熟知的事 应该是 |
[21:21] | in the Military Offices | 在军区办公室大发脾气 |
[21:23] | and an unauthorized bonfire in my own backyard. | 或是未经授权就在自家后院点篝火 |
[21:29] | You see, | 其实 |
[21:32] | I have a condition. | 我得了病 |
[21:35] | Don’t worry, it’s not contagious. | 别担心 它不传染 |
[21:38] | My doctor tells me that I have a neurotic character. | 我的医生告诉我我有些神经质 |
[21:43] | Which, when properly medicated as it is now, | 不过 只要像现在这样用药物控制 |
[21:46] | is no more neurotic than any other in this room. | 就和大家一样正常 |
[21:50] | And now I can see that you are wondering | 我知道你们现在都在想 |
[21:53] | why I’m sharing this information with you. | 我为什么要告诉你们这件事 |
[21:59] | I don’t believe in keeping secrets anymore. | 我不再相信保密是有效的办法了 |
[22:04] | You see, I’ve lived on this Hill for over a year | 我在这镇上已住了一年多 |
[22:06] | and I’ve been watching | 我也亲眼见证了 |
[22:09] | how the army deploys information control, | 军方实施的信息管控 |
[22:14] | to erode our community. | 如何侵蚀着我们的社区 |
[22:18] | Colonel, | 上校 |
[22:19] | you have packed 4,000 civilians | 你把四千名家属 |
[22:23] | into an army base zoned for 400. | 塞进了一个只供四百人居住的基地 |
[22:25] | You have asked us to live without bathtubs | 你要求我们在没有浴缸 烤箱 |
[22:28] | and stoves, reliable electricity, | 稳定的电力和新鲜食物的条件下生活 |
[22:32] | fresh produce — and that’s fine. | 这些都没关系 |
[22:34] | I think we all agree we’re happy to make those sacrifices | 我想我们都很乐意牺牲现代化的便利条件 |
[22:38] | of modern conveniences if it’s gonna help us win this war. | 只要这样真能帮我们赢得这场战争 |
[22:41] | But our boys overseas, they are fighting | 但在海外 我们的同胞们 他们正在战斗 |
[22:44] | and they are dying to defend our constitutional rights. | 为保卫我们的宪法权利而牺牲 |
[22:49] | Now is the time for someone to explain | 现在是时候有人站出来 |
[22:51] | precisely what rights we have | 给我们一个明确的解释 |
[22:53] | when we live within these fences | 告诉我们生活在这些围墙里面 |
[22:56] | and what recourse we have | 我们到底拥有什么权利 |
[22:57] | if we feel those rights have been abridged. | 当这些权利受到限制时 我们又能向谁求助 |
[23:01] | I believe that the war for American values | 我相信捍卫美国价值的战争 |
[23:05] | is being waged right here on this Hill. | 不只在海外 就在我们身边 在社区里 |
[23:07] | I believe transparency | 我相信 公开透明 |
[23:10] | is the lifeblood of democracy. | 才是民主的源泉 |
[23:16] | I’m asking for your vote. | 希望你们支持我 |
[23:22] | You and your wife in the same day. | 一天里得分别对付你和你夫人 |
[23:25] | Lucky me. | 真是好日子 |
[23:26] | Site X was supposed to be shipping the plutonium this month. | X工厂这个月该送钚来了 |
[23:30] | I need you to tell me when it’s scheduled to arrive. | 我要知道送达时间 |
[23:32] | You don’t have the clearance for that information anymore. | 你不再有获知此事的权限 |
[23:34] | Then get Secretary Stimson on the phone. | 那就给斯汀森部长打电话 |
[23:36] | It was his office that downgraded your clearance. | 就是他取消了你的权限 |
[23:39] | Apparently you pissed on | 很显然你这次 |
[23:40] | the wrong fire hydrant this time, Dr. Winter. | 惹错了人 温特博士 |
[23:44] | I know that plutonium is ready. | 我知道钚已经准备好了 |
[23:46] | I talked to Tennessee weeks ago. | 我几周前问过田纳西那边 |
[23:48] | I can’t help you. | 我帮不了你 |
[23:51] | Thin Man won’t work. | 瘦子计划不会成功的 |
[23:54] | What? | 什么 |
[23:55] | 20 years from now, every government on this planet | 二十年后 这地球上的所有政权 |
[23:58] | will know how to design a bomb, | 都会知道怎么造原子弹 |
[24:00] | but they won’t be able to build it | 但没人能造出来 |
[24:03] | because purifying plutonium to a base level | 因为要想造出符合纯度标准的钚 |
[24:06] | takes more manpower and resources than building the pyramids. | 比建造金字塔需要的人力物力还要多 |
[24:10] | Thin Man needs fuel that’s 100 times more pure | 瘦子需要的核燃料需要比我们现在能制造的 |
[24:13] | than even we can make. | 纯净一百倍才行 |
[24:15] | It is completely impossible. | 这根本不可能 |
[24:20] | That’s a troubling theory. | 你这理论确实很令人伤脑筋 |
[24:23] | Just as it was troubling to hear | 就和你这一年说过的 |
[24:25] | your other 15 theories over the past year | 想要证明为什么你的模型要比奥克利好的 |
[24:28] | for why your model is better than Akley’s. | 其他十五个理论一样令人伤脑筋 |
[24:30] | This isn’t a theory. | 这不是理论 |
[24:32] | When the plutonium arrives, it will be a fact. | 等钚送达 我就能证明 |
[24:35] | Thin Man will predetonate. | 瘦子会提前引爆 |
[24:42] | You’re talking about work that isn’t yours, Frank, | 法兰克 你刚才说的并不属于你的研究范围 |
[24:45] | about a group that isn’t yours. | 也不属于你小组的研究范围 |
[24:49] | How did you come to know something like that? | 这事你又是怎么知道的 |
[24:54] | I have it on good authority. | 我有可靠的依据 |
[24:57] | No one knows the penalties for violating | 你比任何人都了解 |
[24:59] | compartmentalization better than you. | 违反人员划分规定的后果吧 |
[25:01] | G-2 has been in this office almost every day | 情报部门天天来我办公室问我 |
[25:03] | asking me whether you or your friends are Commies or spies. | 你和你朋友是共产党还是间谍 |
[25:08] | If you feel something needs to be reported, | 如果你觉得有什么需要报告的 |
[25:10] | I suggest we get them in here before you say another word. | 不如等他们在场时你再开口吧 |
[25:33] | – Gertrude. – Yes, sir? | -葛特鲁德 -是 先生 |
[25:36] | Get me an outside line. | 给我接外线 |
[26:50] | I’m sorry, but I think this is my house. | 抱歉 我想这是我的房子 |
[26:54] | They told us we were taking over 128B. | 他们让我们搬进128B号 |
[26:58] | I’m Evelyn. | 我叫伊芙琳 |
[27:01] | My husband and I just drove in from Berkeley. | 我丈夫和我刚从伯克利开车过来 |
[27:04] | We’re so relieved to finally be here. | 终于到了可真是如释重负 |
[27:09] | Looks like they left in kind of a hurry. | 看来之前一家搬走时很匆忙啊 |
[27:14] | What’s wrong with you? | 你有毛病吧 |
[27:17] | Wake up. | 醒醒吧 |
[27:26] | Damn it. | 该死 |
[27:29] | He can split the atom, | 他能分裂原子 |
[27:31] | but ask the man to tie a half Windsor… | 但你要让他打个领带 |
[27:38] | I can fix my own tie. | 我自己的领带自己能系 |
[27:39] | You know, Elsa picked out Albert’s clothes for him | 知道爱尔莎死前 她都会为 |
[27:41] | until the day she died. | 阿尔伯特选好穿的衣服 |
[27:44] | Men like you shouldn’t waste your brains on apparel. | 聪明如你们不该把精力浪费在穿衣打扮上 |
[27:47] | Honey, I’m not Albert Einstein. | 亲爱的 我又不是阿尔伯特·爱因斯坦 |
[27:50] | No, he didn’t liberate Europe. | 当然不是 解放欧洲又不是靠他 |
[27:55] | Can I ask you something? | 我能问你件事吗 |
[27:57] | Anything. | 问吧 |
[27:59] | You know, General Eisenhower might win this war | 就算没有我们 艾森豪威尔将军也有可能 |
[28:03] | without us. | 赢得这场战争的 |
[28:05] | We might not even need the Gadget. | 也许我们根本不需要小玩意来帮忙 |
[28:06] | There’s always the Japanese. | 不是还有日本吗 |
[28:08] | Anyway, I was just thinking… | 不管怎样 我在想… |
[28:11] | maybe we should just go back to Chicago. | 我们不如回芝加哥吧 |
[28:14] | Oh, honey. | 亲爱的 |
[28:16] | You are sweet, but we both know | 你真体贴 但我们俩都明白 |
[28:18] | they’re going to call you to Washington | 那样他们就会叫你去华盛顿 |
[28:20] | and you can’t refuse the President. | 而你是没法拒绝总统的 |
[28:22] | Imagine all the dinner invitations. | 想想那些晚宴邀请吧 |
[28:24] | I’m exhausted just thinking about it. | 光想我都觉得累死了 |
[28:26] | I don’t know about that. | 这我可不确定 |
[28:29] | I wish you weren’t so modest. | 你不要这么谦虚 |
[28:31] | At least with me. | 至少在我面前不要 |
[28:48] | Dr. Akley. | 奥克利博士 |
[28:50] | There’s a call for you. | 有电话找您 |
[28:54] | Director of Operations at Site X. | X工厂的运营部长 |
[28:55] | He says he needs to speak with you immediately. | 他说他需要马上和您谈谈 |
[29:07] | Mrs. Isaacs. Is he here? | 艾萨克夫人 他在吗 |
[29:17] | What the hell are you doing here? | 你来这儿干什么 |
[29:18] | Someone will see you. | 会被别人看到的 |
[29:21] | – Meet me at the armory in 30 minutes. – Fine. | -半小时后军械库见 -行 |
[29:23] | You gonna leave me sitting on my ass like you did yesterday? | 你会像昨天一样放我鸽子吗 |
[29:25] | You need to leave. | 你得离开这里 |
[29:29] | It’s true. | 看来是真的 |
[29:31] | You’ve been listening to Akley. | 你现在听命于奥克利 |
[29:33] | I’ve been listening to reason. | 我只听从道理 |
[29:35] | – What did you tell him? – Nothing. | -你告诉了他什么 -一个字没说 |
[29:36] | Nothing he didn’t already know. | 他什么都知道了 |
[29:40] | I never should have knocked on your door. | 我当初就不该去敲你家的门 |
[29:42] | I guess Reed Akley’s figured out a way | 看来里德·奥克利找到了办法 |
[29:43] | to rewrite the laws of physics. | 重写物理定律 |
[29:45] | Prevent Thin Man from blowing up in his face. | 好让瘦子计划不会让他颜面尽失 |
[29:47] | Actually, he has. It’s a new reactor up in Washington. | 他还真有 在华盛顿州新建了一个反应堆 |
[29:50] | – I think you’ve heard of it. – What, Site W plutonium? | -我想你应该有所耳闻 -W工厂的钚吗 |
[29:54] | That’s his magic bullet? | 那就是他的灵丹妙药吗 |
[29:55] | The only thing Site W has on Site X is a river view. | W工厂比X工厂优越的地方只是多了河景 |
[29:58] | A factory is a factory. | 工厂都一样 |
[30:00] | They’ll never make plutonium Thin Man can use. | 他们永远提炼不出瘦子计划能使用的钚 |
[30:02] | Akley told me you’d say that. | 奥克利说过你会这么说 |
[30:03] | Oh, Jesus. You can’t trust him, Charlie. | 我的天 你不能相信他 查理 |
[30:06] | Oh, but I can trust you? | 那我就能相信你吗 |
[30:07] | Implosion works. We both know that. | 内爆是可行的 你我都心知肚明 |
[30:08] | Implosion works in theory. | 内爆在理论上可行 |
[30:11] | You have no idea what we’ll find out when the plutonium arrives. | 你不知道等钚到了之后 我们能发现什么 |
[30:16] | Listen to me. | 听我说 |
[30:18] | Akley manipulated the Secretary | 奥克利指使部长 |
[30:20] | into suspending my security clearance. | 暂停了我的安全许可 |
[30:22] | But you, you can push operations | 但是你 你可以设法加快运作 |
[30:23] | to get that plutonium here immediately. | 让钚马上运到这里 |
[30:25] | Right, because it’s always up to me. | 对 最后什么事都怪到我头上 |
[30:29] | Every detonator, every requisition, | 每一根雷管 每一份请购单 |
[30:31] | every inch of Primacord, | 每一厘米的导爆索 |
[30:32] | they all trace back to me. Why is that? | 都会追究到我头上 这是怎么回事 |
[30:35] | We’re talking about winning a world war. | 我们关注的是如何赢得一场世界大战 |
[30:37] | You’re thinking about signatures on forms? | 你在意的却是那些表格上的签名 |
[30:39] | – You set me up. – I should have known it. | -你陷害了我 -我早该知道 |
[30:42] | I should have known you would fold | 我早该知道稍有挫折 |
[30:43] | at the very first sign of resistance. | 你就会止步不前 |
[30:46] | Get the hell out of my house. | 滚出我家 |
[30:50] | Yeah, you’re right. | 你说的对 |
[30:52] | I should give you time to say good-bye to your wife. | 我应该给你点时间让你和妻子道别 |
[30:56] | ‘Cause when the army and G-2 find out about this, | 等军方和情报部门发现此事 |
[30:58] | they’ll be knocking on your door. | 他们就会找上门来 |
[31:01] | But not for the first time, right, Charlie? | 不过也不是第一次了 对吗 查理 |
[31:03] | I mean, you lied about Babbit. | 巴比特的事你说谎了 |
[31:04] | You lied about Richard Lavro. | 理查德·拉夫罗夫的事你也撒谎了 |
[31:05] | You forced me to lie. | 是你强迫我的 |
[31:05] | Do you– do you really think they’ll care? | 你真以为他们会在乎吗 |
[31:16] | You know what I think? | 你知道我怎么想吗 |
[31:19] | You’ve compromised every member of your group. | 你牺牲了小组内的每一位成员 |
[31:22] | You alienated your mentor. | 疏离了你的导师 |
[31:25] | A year in this desert | 在这沙漠里度过的一年 |
[31:26] | has driven your wife insane. | 已经把你的妻子逼疯了 |
[31:30] | So your name has to be on the bomb | 只为了将制造炸弹的功劳归到你头上 |
[31:32] | or you did it all for nothing. | 否则你的牺牲就全白费了 |
[31:36] | I am not going to be the last casualty | 我不会为了成全法兰克·温特的野心 |
[31:39] | of Frank Winter’s ego. | 而成为最后一个牺牲品 |
[32:01] | Abby, I don’t know what you heard, but– | 艾比 我不知道你听到了什么 但… |
[32:04] | I heard plenty. | 我听到了不少 |
[32:07] | I made a mistake. | 我犯了一个错误 |
[32:12] | I listened to the wrong man. | 受了别人的误导 |
[32:15] | Dr. Akley gave me an opportunity | 奥克利博士给了我机会 |
[32:19] | and I betrayed his trust. | 而我辜负了他的信任 |
[32:22] | But… | 但是 |
[32:25] | he’s given me a second chance. | 他给了我第二次机会 |
[32:28] | A clean slate. | 重新开始 |
[32:30] | There’s no such thing as a clean slate. | 根本没有重新开始这种事 |
[32:32] | For any of us. | 所有人都没有 |
[32:34] | There is. | 有的 |
[32:37] | I lost my bearings for a little while, that’s all. | 我只是短暂迷失了方向 仅此而已 |
[32:40] | There’s no difference. | 根本没区别 |
[32:43] | What? | 什么 |
[32:45] | Between Frank Winter and Reed Akley. | 法兰克·温特和里德·奥克利之间 |
[32:47] | That’s not a choice. | 并不存在什么选择 |
[32:49] | One tried to destroy our marriage, | 一个想要毁掉我们的婚姻 |
[32:50] | the other dragged us into this trap in the first place. | 另一个是最开始让我们来到这破地方的人 |
[32:52] | – I’m not sure which is worse. – Abby. | -我不知道哪个更糟 -艾比 |
[32:54] | You are a pawn | 你不过是 |
[32:57] | in some kind of political game. | 政治游戏里的一枚棋子 |
[32:59] | And you made me a pawn, too. | 然后你把我也变成了棋子 |
[33:01] | I framed a man and his wife, | 我陷害了一个人和他妻子 |
[33:03] | my friend. And for what? | 她还是我的朋友 为了什么 |
[33:04] | I told you, I listened to the wrong person, | 我和你说了 我受了误导 |
[33:07] | but I’m fixing it. | 但我正努力弥补 |
[33:08] | But the man I married had his own mind. What happened to him? | 我嫁的是个有主见的男人 他去哪了 |
[33:14] | What happened to you? | 你到底怎么回事 |
[33:17] | When was the last time that you told me that you loved me? | 你上一次说爱我是什么时候 |
[33:21] | You’ve barely touched me in months. | 几个月来你根本没碰过我 |
[33:27] | I’m going home, Charlie. | 我要回家了 查理 |
[33:29] | You can’t. The army won’t allow it. | 你回不去 军方不会放你回去 |
[33:31] | I looked into it. There’s one way that they will. | 我查过了 有个办法能让他们放我走 |
[33:36] | What way? | 什么办法 |
[33:40] | If we’re divorced. | 只要我们离婚 |
[33:49] | The problem is that neither Clark Kent | 问题是不管是克拉克·肯特[超人] |
[33:51] | nor Bruce Wayne has a sense of humor. | 还是布鲁斯·韦恩[蝙蝠侠]都没有幽默感 |
[33:53] | I know their parents died, and that’s really sad, but– | 我知道他们父母双亡 很伤感 但… |
[33:56] | Honestly, even I get tired of superhero orphans. | 实话说 超级英雄都是孤儿我都看腻了 |
[33:58] | Exactly. | 可不是吗 |
[33:59] | They should make a comic book about you. | 他们应该给你画本漫画 |
[34:02] | – I mean, you already have an origin story, right? – I do? | -你已经有超能力的来源了 -有吗 |
[34:04] | – You remember how the Flash got his powers? – Yeah. | -记得闪电侠是如何获得力量的吗 -记得 |
[34:07] | He inhaled heavy water vapors in the laboratory. | 他在实验室里吸入了大量水蒸气 |
[34:09] | Didn’t you inhale something, too? | 你不是也吸入了什么东西吗 |
[34:13] | I do have an origin story. | 看来我确实有超能力的来源 |
[34:28] | – Dr. Babbit? – Sorry to interrupt. | -巴比特博士 -抱歉打扰了 |
[34:32] | Oh, God, are you two– | 天啊 你们俩不会 |
[34:36] | I need your help. | 我需要你的帮助 |
[34:43] | There he is. | 他来了 |
[34:45] | I’ve been looking over all your concerns. | 我一直在设法解决你担心的问题 |
[34:47] | Now, our muzzle velocity | 现在 我们的爆炸初速 |
[34:50] | is 910 meters per second. | 是910米每秒 |
[34:54] | Barrel pressure is sitting in the range | 管压在 |
[34:56] | of 75,000 pounds per square inch. | 52万千帕以内 |
[34:59] | – We can do better. – Sir. | -可以改进方案 -先生 |
[35:00] | If we extend the barrel, | 如果能延长管长 |
[35:02] | the plutonium can reach a higher rate of speed, | 钚就能达到更高的速率 |
[35:04] | but there are only two airplanes on the planet | 但世界上只有两架飞机 |
[35:06] | that can clear the ground with an 8,000-pound bomb. | 能载得动3.6吨重的炸弹 |
[35:08] | – Neither can accommodate a longer… – Dr. Akley. | -但长度都不够长 -奥克利博士 |
[35:11] | – What is it? – I can’t continue on the project. | -怎么了 -我不能继续做这个项目了 |
[35:16] | I’ve thought long and hard. | 我慎重考虑过 |
[35:20] | Today is my last day. | 明天就离职 |
[35:22] | Charlie. | 查理 |
[35:32] | It’s not accepted. | 我不同意 |
[35:33] | Sir, I appreciate your generosity– | 先生 我很感激你的宽宏大量 |
[35:34] | My generosity is the only thing | 正是我的宽宏大量 |
[35:36] | standing between you and a firing squad. | 让你免于受刑 |
[35:41] | Under the circumstances, | 鉴于这种情况 |
[35:42] | I don’t think two weeks’ notice is a hell of a lot to ask. | 离职提前两周通知我不是什么过分的要求 |
[35:45] | If you have to report me to Oppenheimer, I understand, | 如果你必须把我上报给奥本海默 我理解 |
[35:48] | but I am done. | 但我不干了 |
[35:52] | Just like that? | 就这样吗 |
[35:55] | I wish I’d done it six months ago. | 真希望我半年前就这么做了 |
[35:59] | What about our boys in uniform? | 那我们国家的那些士兵呢 |
[36:00] | 70,000 of them headed for Europe. | 有七万士兵被派往欧洲 |
[36:03] | You don’t care what happens to them? | 你不关心他们的死活吗 |
[36:05] | You’ll have to finish without me. | 你得自己搞定了 |
[36:07] | I can’t. | 我搞不定 |
[36:11] | Charlie, we’re going to beat Werner Heisenberg, | 查理 我们要赢过维尔纳·海森堡 |
[36:14] | the two of us. | 我们俩一起 |
[36:17] | Why the hell do you think I recruited you in the first place? | 你觉得我最开始为什么招你 |
[36:19] | “A New Approach to Nuclear Cosmology”. | 《核宇宙学的新探究方法》 |
[36:22] | You changed the way we think about the universe, | 你提出了一种全新的解读宇宙的方法 |
[36:26] | the way we think about the creation of the elements. | 刷新了我们对元素构成的理解 |
[36:29] | You can fix Thin Man. | 你能修补瘦子计划的漏洞 |
[36:34] | I thought Thin Man wasn’t broken. | 我还以为瘦子计划没有漏洞 |
[36:36] | It’s not. | 确实没有 |
[36:37] | It just needs some modifications. | 只是需要做些修正 |
[36:43] | You knew. | 你早就知道了 |
[36:45] | What? | 什么 |
[36:47] | You knew Thin Man was going to fail. | 你早就知道瘦子计划肯定会失败 |
[36:50] | Jesus, Charlie. | 天啊 查理 |
[36:53] | There’s no certainties in nuclear science. | 在核物理领域没有什么必然性 |
[36:54] | You knew. You knew and you kept it a secret. | 你早就知道 但你瞒着不说 |
[36:58] | The plutonium from Site W, | W工厂生产的钚 |
[37:00] | it’s no different from Site X plutonium, is it? | 和X工厂生产的钚一样 对吧 |
[37:02] | – Of course it is. – Prove it. | -当然不一样 -证据呢 |
[37:05] | – Charlie… – You said you had the fission rates on your desk. | -查理 -你说你有它们的裂变速率 |
[37:07] | – Show them to me. – Even if you had the clearance… | -给我看 -就算你有查看许可… |
[37:10] | – You have to trust me. – I don’t. | -你也得相信我 -我不相信 |
[37:13] | Admit that you’re lying | 承认你说谎了 |
[37:15] | or I walk out that door. | 否则我马上走人 |
[37:19] | I can’t fix this on my own. | 我一个人没法修补漏洞 |
[37:22] | – But the two of us together… – My God. | -但我们俩一起… -我的天啊 |
[37:26] | Charlie, don’t walk away from me when I’m talking to you! | 查理 不要走 我和你说话呢 |
[37:28] | Charlie, don’t walk out that door! | 查理 不准走出这扇门 |
[37:40] | You’re clear. Go ahead. | 没有问题 走吧 |
[37:40] | We’re here to pick up a delivery for Dr. Oppenheimer. | 我们是来取送给奥本海默博士的东西 |
[37:49] | Dr. Sinclair. | 辛克莱尔博士 |
[37:54] | Did you have any trouble finding our little Hill? | 我们这座小镇不好找吧 |
[37:57] | I had trouble finding a taxi in Santa Fe | 倒是很难在圣达非找到一辆 |
[37:59] | that would pick up a Negro. | 愿意载黑鬼的出租车 |
[38:01] | Is that all you brought? | 你就带了这些吗 |
[38:02] | 1.12 grams of plutonium. | 1.12克钚 |
[38:05] | Plus every stitch of clothing I own. | 还有我的换洗衣服 |
[38:07] | I left Tennessee as soon as you called. | 你一来电我就离开田纳西了 |
[38:09] | Where is Dr. Oppenheimer? | 奥本海默博士呢 |
[38:12] | Don’t worry. He’ll catch wind of this soon enough. | 不必担心 他很快就会听说此事 |
[38:15] | You said you were calling on his authority | 你说你是应他要求打电话给我 |
[38:17] | and that he would find me a permanent position here. | 并且他会在这为我提供一份固定工作 |
[38:18] | Dr. Sinclair, you have a bright future on the Hill. | 辛克莱尔博士 你在这小镇将会前途光明 |
[38:22] | And that makes one of us. | 也就只有你能如此了 |
[38:25] | Wait, what about me? | 等等 那我呢 |
[38:38] | Dr. Winter. | 温特博士 |
[38:41] | I hear they’re making a movie. | 听说他们正在翻拍电影 |
[38:43] | I’m sorry? | 什么 |
[38:44] | A nervous-looking fella was here. | 有位看上去很紧张的小伙来过 |
[38:46] | He asked me to return that to you. | 他要我把这个还给你 |
[38:49] | Oh, thank you. | 谢了 |
[38:54] | [原书名《火树银花》] 爆炸区域见 | |
[39:40] | What are you doing here? | 你在这干什么 |
[39:45] | I had nowhere else to go. | 我没其他地方可去了 |
[39:48] | I’m the one who told Frank about you and Akley. | 你和奥克利的事是我告诉法兰克的 |
[39:50] | I know. | 我知道 |
[39:57] | But you didn’t tell Akley about me. | 但你没告诉奥克利我的事 |
[40:01] | I forced you into this in the first place. | 是我先把你牵扯进来的 |
[40:05] | I made my own choices. | 是我自己做的选择 |
[40:09] | What happens next? | 以后会怎么样 |
[40:12] | There is no next. | 没有以后了 |
[40:14] | In 24 hours, I’ll be off this Hill one way or the other. | 24小时后我无论怎样都会离开这里 |
[40:25] | Do you have a place to sleep? | 你有地方睡觉吗 |
[41:14] | Charlie. | 查理 |
[41:26] | Frank. | 法兰克 |
[41:39] | Did Isaacs send you? | 艾萨克让你来的吗 |
[41:42] | No. | 不是 |
[41:46] | What do you want? | 你想干什么 |
[41:50] | The only thing that any of us wants. | 实现你我共同的目标 |
[41:54] | What do you want from me? | 你想要我做什么 |
[41:56] | Your help. | 帮帮我 |
[41:59] | With Thin Man. | 帮帮瘦子计划 |
[42:05] | Thin Man is dead. | 瘦子计划没希望了 |
[42:08] | Then we’ll bring it back to life. | 那就让它重获生机 |
[42:11] | You’ll imagine a way. | 你会想出办法的 |
[42:15] | You did the best you could, Reed. | 你已经尽力了 里德 |
[42:19] | But your bomb won’t run on imagination. | 但光靠空想无法让瘦子计划成功 |
[42:26] | You don’t have to do this. | 你没必要这么做 |
[42:29] | Just talk to Oppenheimer. | 只要和奥本海默谈谈 |
[42:30] | Tell him why the gun model won’t work. | 告诉他枪式模型失败的原因 |
[42:34] | By the time the plutonium gets here, | 等到钚运来了 |
[42:36] | you will look like a goddamn hero. | 你就是国家英雄了 |
[42:38] | It’s already here. | 钚已经运来了 |
[42:41] | It’s in the metallurgy lab. | 就在冶金实验室 |
[42:43] | Oppenheimer’s office arranged an accelerated delivery. | 奥本海默办公室让他们加急送过来的 |
[42:46] | It appears you still have a friend on this Hill. | 看来你在这镇上还有朋友啊 |
[42:51] | We both have blood on our hands. | 我们都犯过错 |
[42:55] | If the army finds out what happened here… | 要是军方发现这里发生的事 |
[42:58] | you and I are gonna end up in the brig together. | 我们俩一定会被关进大牢 |
[43:03] | But not if we make a unified front. | 但只要我们统一战线就没事了 |
[43:09] | This project won’t survive without us. | 这项计划没有我们不可能完成 |
[43:15] | So we talk to Robert tonight, | 所以我们去跟罗伯特谈 |
[43:18] | together. | 我俩一起 |
[43:21] | We let him know that implosion is the only way forward. | 让他知道内爆是唯一的解决方法 |
[43:33] | You’d work with me? | 你愿意和我合作 |
[43:36] | If it gets us there before the Germans, | 只要能赶在德国佬之前完成 |
[43:37] | I will work for you. | 我愿意听命于你 |
[43:45] | Reed, in a few months, this won’t be about burn rates | 里德 几个月后我们就不用再考虑 |
[43:48] | and shock waves and supercompression. | 什么燃烧率 冲击波和超压缩了 |
[43:51] | It’ll be about advising the army and the White House | 而是要考虑教军方和政府 |
[43:55] | on how to use the most powerful weapon in the history of mankind. | 怎样使用人类史上最强有力的武器 |
[44:02] | And I think you and I both know | 我想我们都很清楚 |
[44:03] | I don’t belong in a room with the President. | 我不擅长应付政治家 |
[44:09] | Come on. | 走吧 |
[44:11] | Let’s go to the metallurgy lab. | 我们去冶金实验室 |
[44:14] | Frank. | 法兰克 |
[44:18] | What would you have done… | 你会怎么做 |
[44:22] | if you thought that implosion might not work? | 如果你觉得内爆行不通的话 |
[44:26] | Let it go. | 别再纠结了 |
[44:29] | Six months from now, | 半年后 |
[44:30] | all anyone’s going to remember | 全世界记住的只有 |
[44:34] | is that we built it. | 是我们造出了核弹 |
[45:04] | Reed! | 里德 |
[45:08] | Reed! | 里德 |