时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:03] | They said it’d be just like Cambridge. | 他们说那里就跟剑桥一样 |
[00:05] | Harvard with sand. | 好比沙漠中的哈佛 |
[00:06] | Charlie, this doesn’t look like Cambridge. | 查理 这里看上去可不像剑桥 |
[00:08] | You’re looking at the best equipped lab in the country. | 你将见到的是国内设备最精良的实验室 |
[00:10] | Two Van de Graaff accelerators, | 两台范德格拉夫加速器 |
[00:11] | our own cyclotron. | 我们自己的回旋加速器 |
[00:13] | You’re building an atomic bomb. | 你们正在研制原子弹 |
[00:15] | Was that Frank Winter? | 刚走过去的是法兰克·温特吗 |
[00:16] | He’s got a band of misfits working on an alternate design. | 他带了一群不靠谱的人研发一项候补设计 |
[00:20] | Whatever we’re doing here, | 不管我们在这做什么 |
[00:21] | please tell me it’s worth it. | 告诉我这一切都是值得的 |
[00:23] | I don’t know what’s gotten into him since we’ve gotten here. | 他来到这以后 我都不知道她怎么了 |
[00:25] | Half the time he’s brooding | 一半时间他在沉思 |
[00:26] | and the other half it’s like our honeymoon. | 另一半时间就像我们在度蜜月 |
[00:29] | They’re all like that at first. | 他们刚到这时都这样 |
[00:30] | It’s easier than talking. | 这样比聊天更方便 |
[00:32] | Eventually they stop doing either. | 到最后他们就既不动手也不聊天了 |
[00:33] | – What? – No, you can’t go to school in New York. | -什么 -不 你不许去纽约上学 |
[00:35] | So I’m just supposed to stay here in this prison camp? | 所以我就得待在这个战俘营里 |
[00:37] | Get knocked up by one of the guards? | 然后被守卫搞大肚子吗 |
[00:39] | Why are we even here? | 我们为什么要来这里 |
[00:40] | Everything is a secret. | 一切都是秘密 |
[00:42] | There’s something I need to tell you. | 我有事要跟你说 |
[00:44] | There’s a problem with Thin Man. | 瘦子计划出了问题 |
[00:45] | We’re dead in the water. | 我们的方案根本不可能实现 |
[00:46] | So what are we gonna do about it? | 那我们应该怎么做 |
[00:48] | What happened between you? | 你们俩怎么了 |
[00:50] | He asked me to do things no one ever should. | 他要我去干坏事 |
[00:53] | I don’t know who Charlie is anymore. | 感觉他已经不是我认识的那个查理了 |
[00:55] | – I’m going home, Charlie. – The army won’t allow it. | -我要回家 查理 -军方不会放你回去 |
[00:58] | They will if we’re divorced. | 只要我们离婚他们就会放人 |
[01:01] | Are you gonna invite me in? | 你能请我进屋说吗 |
[01:02] | You can whisper fission rates in my ear. | 你可以在我耳边低语裂变率 |
[01:05] | Tell me secrets you can’t share with your wife. | 跟我分享瞒着你妻子的秘密 |
[01:08] | There’s a leak in this lab. | 实验室里有间谍 |
[01:09] | Someone’s been smuggling technical schematics off the Hill. | 一直有人向敌方泄露技术图纸 |
[01:11] | My mother died yesterday. | 我母亲昨天去世了 |
[01:13] | Your new office will be waiting for you when you get back. | 等你回来就能看到你的新办公室了 |
[01:15] | I won’t be gone long. | 我会快去快回 |
[01:16] | They said I wouldn’t have to meet in person. | 他们说过我不需要亲自来会面 |
[01:18] | Only under extraordinary conditions. | 除非有突发情况 |
[01:20] | Implosion is taking center stage. | 现在的研发重点是内爆 |
[01:23] | – They think that you’re a spy. – Charlie. | -他们认为你是间谍 -查理 |
[01:25] | Your wife is sitting in the next room. | 你妻子就在隔壁 |
[01:27] | She has been betraying you for months with your neighbor. | 她这几个月来都在背着你和邻居交往 |
[01:30] | Frank, it’s Charlie. | 法兰克 是查理的事 |
[01:32] | They’re shipping him off the Hill. | 他们要把他送出基地 |
[01:34] | They think he’s a traitor. | 他们认为他是叛徒 |
[01:35] | What’s wrong? | 怎么了 |
[01:36] | We’re building an atomic bomb | 我们在造原子弹 |
[01:38] | that will explode with the power of 20,000 tons of TNT. | 爆炸时的威力相当于两万吨TNT炸药 |
[01:45] | I’ve done things I’m not proud of, | 我做过很多羞于启齿的事 |
[01:46] | but I swear I did all of it with you and Callie in mind. | 但我发誓那都是为了你和凯莉 |
[01:49] | A few months ago, a physicist from another design group… | 几个月前 另一个设计组的物理学家… |
[01:52] | and I engaged in a secret conspiracy | 和我开始秘密谋划 |
[01:55] | to co-opt the resources of his group for implosion. | 利用他组内的资源来做内爆 |
[01:58] | Akley promoted Charlie Isaacs | 奥克利给查理·艾萨克升职 |
[02:00] | to cover up our tracks. | 是想掩盖我们的踪迹 |
[02:01] | They think he is a spy, but he had no idea. | 他们以为他是间谍 其实他毫不知情 |
[02:04] | You sold the President of the United States | 你让美国总统听取了你那 |
[02:08] | a Buck Rogers fantasy. | 《巴克·罗杰斯》般的幻想 |
[02:09] | There is a backup plan. | 我们有备用计划 |
[02:11] | The director of the implosion group | 内爆组的负责人 |
[02:13] | is one of the brightest lights on this hill. | 是这镇上最有智慧的人 |
[02:15] | This is Dr. Charles Isaacs. | 这位是查尔斯·艾萨克博士 |
[02:18] | What happened to Frank Winter? | 法兰克·温特发生什么事了 |
[02:45] | Hey! Wait! | 你等等 |
[02:47] | Charlie! Just wait! Please. | 查理 你先等等 |
[02:50] | So the dawn– the dawn of the atomic age | 让我们迎来原子时代的曙光的人 |
[02:53] | being ushered in by a Jewish cardshark whose family crash-landed | 是一个在美国成家立业不到50年的 |
[02:58] | – on the American shores less than 50 years ago. – You shouldn’t be down here. | -犹太骗子 -你不该来这里 |
[02:59] | No, just one quote. One quote. | 一句话就行 你说一句就行 |
[03:01] | Would you compare this to Promethean theft? | 你认为这是新时代的普罗米修斯盗火吗 |
[03:06] | Man stealing fire from the gods? | 人类从上帝手上盗来火种 |
[03:07] | – Or is it more– – They pay you by the metaphor? | -还是说这比… -稿费按比喻数量算吗 |
[03:10] | Escort Edward R. Murrow here to Site B! | 护送这位爱德华·R·穆罗去B区 |
[03:13] | If he comes back, you have permission to shoot him. | 如果他回来 你可以当场击毙 |
[03:16] | What? God. | 什么 天哪 |
[03:22] | Whoa! Charlie! Charlie! | 查理 查理 |
[03:24] | Fritz! You’re here. | 福瑞茨 你来了 |
[03:26] | – Yeah. – I’m glad. | -是啊 -我很高兴 |
[03:29] | Grab a radio. Make sure the circuit cables don’t short out in the rain. | 拿一个无线电 确保大雨没把电线弄短路 |
[03:33] | Whoa, whoa! We’re supposed to meet 10 weather conditions | 原子弹应该在十级气象条件下 |
[03:35] | before we pull the trigger. | 才能发射 |
[03:36] | Visibility over 45 miles, | 能见度得超过72公里 |
[03:38] | – humidity below 85%– – Yeah, I read the report. | -湿度低于85% -我懂 我看了报告 |
[03:41] | You got to talk to the colonel, delay the test. | 你得去跟上校谈谈 推迟试爆 |
[03:44] | The colonel and I aren’t on the best of terms. | 我和上校的关系可没那么好 |
[03:49] | Look, at any given moment, | 每时每刻 |
[03:51] | there are 3,000 thunderstorms somewhere on the planet. | 地球上都下着三千场雷雨 |
[03:54] | No, no. This one is special. | 不 这场雨不一样 |
[03:56] | Gulf air at 17,000 feet, two inversion layers. | 5200米的高空有暖流 两个逆温层 |
[03:59] | They’re not going to call the game for rain. | 他们不会因为一场雨就叫停试爆 |
[04:03] | Let’s just hope it blows over. | 希望能被吹散吧 |
[04:04] | It’ll blow radioactive fallout from Roswell to Socorro. | 那会把放射性尘埃从罗斯威尔吹到索科罗 |
[04:07] | I’m sympathetic. The Army isn’t. | 我对此表示同情 但军方不会 |
[04:08] | Either way, I take responsibility. | 总之负责任的都是我 |
[06:52] | Those were the secretary’s words? | 这是部长的原话吗 |
[06:54] | “Under official review?” sounds like a tenure committee. | 接受官方调查听着像授职委员会的官腔 |
[06:57] | The War Department is auditing the project. | 陆军部正在审查这个项目 |
[06:59] | The president wrote us a check for $56 million. | 总统给我们开了张五千六百万的支票 |
[07:02] | A small price for freedom. | 这是为自由付出的小代价 |
[07:03] | Last month, and the month before that. | 上个月 还有上上个月 |
[07:05] | 12 a year since 1942. | 从1942年到现在都有十二个月了 |
[07:08] | They’re entitled to an itemized receipt. | 他们有权索要张明细收据 |
[07:10] | They’re going to shut us down, aren’t they? | 他们要叫停项目 是吗 |
[07:12] | Nobody’s shutting us down. | 没人叫停我们 |
[07:14] | They’re pot-committed. They can’t fold. | 他们被套牢了 现在没法退出 |
[07:17] | All they can do is keep betting, | 他们只能继续下注 |
[07:18] | buy the pot or die trying. | 要么一锅端要么至死方休 |
[07:20] | You’re the laddie whose father’s in prison for gambling. | 你就是那个父亲因为赌博入狱的孩子吧 |
[07:27] | The tech area’s going to be reorganized | 技术部将面临重组 |
[07:30] | to focus on lensed implosion. | 重点放在透镜爆炸上 |
[07:32] | Dr. Oppenheimer has asked me to run the new group. | 奥本海默博士把新组交给了我来管理 |
[07:35] | Joy. | 真好 |
[07:37] | You are handing the project over to Charlie McCarthy? | 你要把项目全权交给查理·麦卡锡 |
[07:46] | It’s Isaacs. Charlie McCarthy’s a– | 我姓艾萨克 查理·麦卡锡是 |
[07:48] | A wooden dummy on a ventriloquist’s knee | 被罗伯特掌握鼓掌之中的 |
[07:50] | with Robert’s hand up your ass. | 腹语口技假人 |
[07:53] | We have a working design. | 我们有了施工设计 |
[07:54] | And in the space between a working design | 但在施工设计变成 |
[07:57] | and a weapon that works, empires burn. | 真正可行的武器期间 国家命运危在旦夕 |
[08:01] | So, Dr. Isaacs, how soon can you deliver? | 艾萨克博士 你多久能做出成果来 |
[08:03] | A month? A year? 10? | 一个月 一年 还是十年 |
[08:08] | I don’t, um… | 我还 |
[08:11] | Well, I’d have to, uh… | 我得先 |
[08:18] | Dr. Oppenheimer. | 奥本海默博士 |
[08:20] | Do you ride, Charlie? | 会骑马吗 查理 |
[08:23] | I’m a Jew from St. Louis. | 我是圣路易来的犹太人 |
[08:26] | When a horse won’t take the saddle, | 要是马不戴鞍 |
[08:28] | you can send it to the glue factory. | 你可以把它送上西天 |
[08:30] | It’s not an option with physicists. | 但物理学家们就不能这么对待了 |
[08:32] | They’re still in there debating the science. | 他们还在里面研究理论可行性 |
[08:35] | Not a lot of fans of implosion. | 喜欢内爆的人可不多 |
[08:36] | 20 old men out of 2,000. | 两千人里选出来的二十位精英 |
[08:38] | Win the confidence of the Indians, | 得到了群众支持 |
[08:40] | chiefs will fall in line. | 酋长们也别无选择 |
[08:43] | You gonna make an announcement to the staff? | 你会向他们宣布决定吗 |
[08:46] | You are. | 你来宣布 |
[08:56] | Where’s Frank Winter? | 法兰克·温特 |
[08:59] | It’s just implosion is Frank’s baby. | 只是 内爆是法兰克的点子 |
[09:00] | You’re going to have to deliver it. | 但得由你来落实了 |
[09:03] | In 50 years, no one will know | 再过五十年 没人会记得 |
[09:04] | the name Frank Winter, but yours– | 法兰克·温特的名字 但你的 |
[09:06] | I can’t take credit for someone else’s work. | 我不能把别人的功劳占为己有 |
[09:11] | You made your career stealing the work of another physicist | 你的整个事业都是建立在偷取别人的成果 |
[09:13] | and passing it off as your own. | 占为己有上的 |
[09:19] | Glen Babbit gave an interesting exit interview. | 格兰·巴比特离开时的话很有意思 |
[09:33] | Then why’d you pick me for the job? | 那你为什么选中我 |
[09:37] | Saddle the horse, Charlie. | 驯服那些野马 查理 |
[09:38] | I assure you, there’s more profit in moving forward. | 我保证 向前走就是向钱走 |
[09:49] | Dr. Winter? | 温特博士在吗 |
[09:50] | He hasn’t been home in two days. | 他已经两天没回家了 |
[09:52] | He’s probably in his office hiding behind an equation. | 可能躲在办公室啃方程呢 |
[09:54] | Ma’am, we’re not here for your husband. | 夫人 我们不是来找您丈夫的 |
[09:55] | We’re here for your things. | 我们是来取您的东西的 |
[09:58] | – My– – Personal effects. | -我的 -个人物品 |
[09:59] | Furniture stays with the house. | 家具是房子自带的 |
[10:00] | We have you slotted for a duplex apartment in Row H. | 我们在H排为您整顿了一套复式 |
[10:04] | In regard to your husband. | 因为您丈夫的原因 |
[10:10] | What does this mean, “Reassigned”? | 这什么意思 调职 |
[10:13] | Who reassigned him? | 谁把他调走了 |
[10:15] | He put in for a voluntary transfer three days ago. | 三天前他自愿调职的 |
[10:18] | – Where? – Even if I– | -去哪 -就算我知道 |
[10:20] | You’re telling me my husband | 你是想告诉我 |
[10:21] | has abandoned his family with no explanation, | 我丈夫连句解释也没有就抛弃了家庭 |
[10:23] | not even a forwarding address? | 连个联系方式都没留吗 |
[10:25] | I’m sorry. | 很抱歉 |
[10:26] | We’ll be back with boxes. | 我们会带搬家用的箱子再来 |
[10:44] | That son of a bitch always was crazy | 那个混蛋用模糊变量的 |
[10:46] | with his indeterminate variables. | 方式总这么疯狂 |
[10:50] | C A L L I E C-A-L-L-I-E. | |
[10:56] | I wonder how long before Frank’s daughter turns 18. | 不知道法兰克的女儿什么时候才到18啊 |
[10:59] | I thought you packed off, Crosley, for Omaha. | 我以为你要打包去奥马哈了 克罗斯利 |
[11:02] | Or was it Idaho? | 还是爱达荷来着 |
[11:03] | Dayton, Ohio, actually. | 其实是俄亥俄的代顿 |
[11:05] | Next stop on my whistle tour of American boomtowns. | 是我美国新型都市之旅的下一站 |
[11:09] | Doesn’t make any sense. | 没道理啊 |
[11:11] | Oppenheimer hands Frank the project on a silver platter | 奥本海默捧着项目来找法兰克 |
[11:14] | and he skips town for some kind of secret promotion? | 结果他却为了次秘密升职逃掉了 |
[11:17] | Really? | 真的假的啊 |
[11:19] | That’s what you lured me here to talk about, Fritz? | 你骗我来就是为了谈这事吗 福瑞茨 |
[11:21] | – Frank’s career path? – Lure you? | -法兰克的事业路线 -骗你来 |
[11:23] | What are you talking about? I didn’t lure you. | 你说什么呢 我没骗你来啊 |
[11:24] | – Yes, you did. – No, I got a note from– | -就是你 -不 我是接到了便签 |
[11:29] | Oh, it’s the duchess | 瞧 是女王陛下和 |
[11:30] | and the boy with his finger in the dike. | 一无是处的小白脸来了 |
[11:33] | Just give him five minutes. | 只要给他五分钟就好 |
[11:37] | There’s going to be an announcement. | 将会有正式公告 |
[11:38] | I’m taking over the implosion group. | 我将接管内爆小组 |
[11:40] | You? | 你 |
[11:41] | None of the Indian maids available, eh? | 找不到印第安女仆了是吧 |
[11:43] | I need to reach Frank. Have your heard anything? | 我要找法兰克 你知道什么消息吗 |
[11:45] | No more than Fritz here, I gather. | 应该不比福瑞茨多 |
[11:47] | They haven’t told you about their little | 他们没告诉你 |
[11:48] | scientific menage a trois, have they? | 他们的三角家庭吧 |
[11:50] | Paul. | 保罗 |
[11:52] | So why would you want to find Frank? | 你为何要找弗兰克 |
[11:54] | You’re the force of nature that fills up the Frank-shaped vacuum. | 你就是填补弗兰克真空的自然力 |
[11:57] | He’s just trying to help. | 他只是想帮忙 |
[11:58] | I see. It’s for her benefit. | 我明白 是因为她的缘故 |
[12:00] | A bit of Kabuki theater to impress a girl. | 制造点歌舞伎效果来讨好女孩 |
[12:04] | Well, if I see Frank in Ohio, | 如果我在俄亥俄见到弗兰克 |
[12:06] | I’ll be sure to send along your regards. | 我肯定会帮你跟他带好的 |
[12:15] | What did he mean? What’s a menage a trois? | 他什么意思 三角家庭是什么 |
[12:19] | I’m not trying to impress anyone. | 我没想讨好任何人 |
[12:20] | I was in a bind. Now I’m not. | 我曾陷入困境 现在没有了 |
[12:23] | I think Frank helped me out | 我想是弗兰克帮了我 |
[12:24] | and he’s paying the price. | 而他为此付出了代价 |
[12:27] | And Oppenheimer won’t tell you where he is? | 奥本海默不肯告诉你他在哪吗 |
[12:30] | We’re not even sure he knows. | 我们甚至都不确定他是否知道 |
[12:32] | Well, somebody does. | 有人知道 |
[13:08] | Hey, X-4. What’s his name? | X-4 他叫什么 |
[13:12] | That information is not in our files. | 这信息没在我们的文件里 |
[13:14] | Well, I got to talk to him. | 我得跟他谈谈 |
[13:32] | – Hello. – Abby. | -你好 -艾比 |
[13:35] | Um, he’s not here. | 他不在这 |
[13:40] | What? You want to check under the bed? | 怎么 你想看看他是不是藏床底下了 |
[13:41] | I’m not here to see Charlie. | 我不是来找查理的 |
[13:53] | Is it true that you were going to have a baby | 你怀了孩子后来又没了 |
[13:55] | and then you didn’t? | 这事是真的吗 |
[13:59] | Charlie told you that? | 查理告诉你的吗 |
[14:02] | Did you take care of it? | 你打掉的吗 |
[14:04] | What is this? | 你问这干嘛 |
[14:08] | Trust me, Helen, | 相信我 海伦 |
[14:10] | if I had any friends here to turn to, | 我在这没有可以说话的朋友 |
[14:12] | any friends here at all… | 一个都没有 |
[14:16] | I need to know how you went about doing it. | 我想知道你是怎么做掉的 |
[14:18] | Why would you want to do a thing like that, | 你为何想做这样的事 |
[14:19] | Mrs. Ladies’ Home Journal? | 家庭妇女期刊夫人 |
[14:23] | It’s private. | 这是隐私 |
[14:25] | I need to get dressed. | 我要换衣服了 |
[14:34] | Charlie wasn’t the only one who cheated. | 出轨的不只有查理 |
[14:38] | And he found out. | 他发现了 |
[14:39] | You had an affair? | 你有婚外情 |
[14:42] | Who’s the guy? | 是谁 |
[14:44] | You don’t know him. | 你不认识他 |
[14:47] | – But he got you pregnant. – It’s Charlie’s. | -但他让你怀孕了 -是查理的 |
[14:54] | You sure? | 你确定吗 |
[14:57] | Yes, I’m sure. | 是的 我确定 |
[15:04] | I had an abortion two years ago in New Jersey. | 两年前我在新泽西打过胎 |
[15:08] | Doctor’s probably practicing medicine in a jail cell. | 那医生现在很可能进监狱了 |
[15:11] | But if you needed one now, | 但如果你现在有需要 |
[15:12] | you must have some idea of where you’d go. | 你肯定知道去哪 |
[15:14] | You know it’s a felony. | 你知道这是重罪吧 |
[15:20] | Some of the girls in the dorm | 宿舍里的一些女孩 |
[15:21] | have been to a clinic in Santa Fe | 去过圣达菲的一家诊所 |
[15:24] | near the bus stop on Junction. | 在巴士站交界处旁边 |
[15:27] | You’re supposed to say you have obstructed menses. | 说你月经阻塞就行 |
[15:33] | Did it hurt? | 痛吗 |
[15:39] | Listen, Abby, | 听着 艾比 |
[15:42] | I don’t regret it. | 我不后悔打掉孩子 |
[15:45] | But you will. | 但你会 |
[15:55] | Do you love Charlie? | 你爱查理吗 |
[16:00] | Then you won’t tell him. | 爱的话你就不会告诉他 |
[16:16] | Operator. | 接线员 |
[16:17] | Yeah, I need an outside line. | 我要接外线 |
[16:19] | Where to? | 接哪里 |
[16:21] | The Soviet consul in New York. | 苏联驻纽约领事馆 |
[16:24] | I– I’m not authorized to make that call. | 我无权打这个电话 |
[16:26] | I’m authorizing you right now. | 我现在就授权给你 |
[16:28] | Sir, even trying to telephone the Soviets, | 先生 即便是尝试打给苏联人的企图 |
[16:30] | you’ll get yourself hauled | 都会让你陷入被拽进 |
[16:31] | into the office of the secretary of war. | 战争部长办公室的麻烦中 |
[16:33] | Do you have any idea who you’re talking to? | 你知道你在跟谁说话吗 |
[16:35] | I– no. | 我 不知道 |
[16:39] | You got a pencil? | 你有笔吗 |
[16:41] | My badge number is X-4. | 我的代号是X-4 |
[17:04] | Do you sleep closer to the door when you’re home with Abby? | 你跟艾比在家睡时你睡外面吗 |
[17:08] | What? | 什么 |
[17:10] | People always end up on the same side of the bed. | 人总是习惯睡同一边 |
[17:12] | It’s like a designated parking spot. | 就像固定停车位一样 |
[17:19] | It’s old habit. | 老习惯了 |
[17:26] | Your marriage is an old habit, too. | 你的婚姻也是种老习惯 |
[17:30] | People fall back into it. | 总会回去的 |
[17:34] | When’s the last time you saw Abby? | 你上次见艾比是什么时候 |
[17:38] | In 36 hours… | 再过36个小时 |
[17:41] | I need to lay out my vision | 我就要在两千名物理学家面前 |
[17:45] | for the future of the project | 表述我对项目的 |
[17:47] | to 2,000 physicists. | 战略计划了 |
[17:49] | I got nothing. | 我现在什么都没想好 |
[17:55] | Delay the announcement till we figure out | 等我们弄清楚弗兰克 |
[17:56] | what to do about Frank. | 这事怎么办以后再宣布 |
[17:58] | Agent X-4 seems to be on permanent vacation. | 代号X-4的官员请了长假 |
[18:03] | Why don’t you just tell the truth? | 你为什么不直接说出真相 |
[18:05] | Stand up in front of the entire tech area | 当着技术区所有人的面 |
[18:07] | and tell them G-2 made one of the group heads disappear? | 告诉他们情报部门把某位组长变失踪了吗 |
[18:13] | Probably stick me in whatever hole they stuck Frank, | 估计会用对待法兰克的办法来对待我 |
[18:16] | then you’d have to run implosion. | 然后你就得继续负责研究内爆了 |
[18:19] | Why is that funny? | 有什么好笑的 |
[18:21] | I probably know the physics better than you do. | 我说不定比你更清楚内爆的物理原理 |
[18:25] | You think you could hold your own against Oppenheimer? | 你觉得你在奥本海默面前还能坚持己见吗 |
[18:28] | Those bloodsuckers in the senior leadership? | 或是在高层的那些剥削者面前呢 |
[18:31] | You think you can? Oppenheimer picked you | 你觉得你就能吗 奥本海默选你 |
[18:34] | because he knows that he can control you. | 是因为他知道他能控制你 |
[18:37] | All right. You know, never mind. | 好吧 算了 当我没说 |
[18:42] | I have a speech to write. | 我要赶份演讲稿 |
[19:16] | Hey. I’m sorry… | 你妈妈的事 |
[19:19] | about your mother. | 我很遗憾 |
[19:21] | – Was it unexpected or…? – Excuse me. | -是意外还是… -失陪一下 |
[19:37] | Um, can I help you? | 有什么需要帮忙的吗 |
[19:40] | Are you Meeks? | 你是米克斯吗 |
[19:42] | Yeah, Meeks. | 对 就是我 |
[19:44] | This isn’t the Waldorf. We’re not bellboys. | 这儿不是华尔道夫饭店 我们也不是门童 |
[19:46] | What are you doing with my books? | 你拿我的书干什么 |
[19:48] | It’s moving day. | 今天搬家 |
[19:49] | Now that you’re back, get moving. | 既然你回来了 你就自己搬吧 |
[20:16] | Attention! | 立正 |
[20:42] | You’re not the Oberfuhrer. | 你不是大校 |
[20:45] | Is there any sign of Colonel Cox? | 你有没有见到考克斯上校 |
[20:48] | Colonel Cox has been redeployed | 考克斯上校已经被调遣到 |
[20:50] | to a post more suitable to his talents. | 更适合他施展天赋的岗位上了 |
[20:53] | Does he have those? Talents? | 他有天赋吗 |
[20:57] | So that would make you… | 然后你就来… |
[20:58] | Colonel Emmett Darrow. | 我是艾默特·达罗上校 |
[21:01] | The king is dead. Long live the king. | 旧朝已逝 新王万岁 |
[21:05] | Well, I’ve squandered enough of your time. | 我已经耽搁了你好久了 |
[21:07] | High priests at the security desk | 安保处的负责人 |
[21:09] | tell me my transfer form is missing a signature. | 说我的调职表格还差一个签名 |
[21:12] | Leave it with the girl. | 给我的秘书吧 |
[21:14] | All I need is a drop of ink, sir. | 我只需要你签个字 长官 |
[21:17] | Dayton site expected me two days ago. | 我两天前就该赶往代顿基地了 |
[21:19] | I won’t bore you with the technical subtleties. | 如果只是小事我也不会亲自打扰你 |
[21:22] | Harvesting polonium-210 for the neutron initiators. | 从中子发生器中提取钋210 |
[21:26] | Dayton is adequately staffed. | 代顿人手足够了 |
[21:29] | This Hill, on the other hand… | 然而这个小镇的人手 |
[21:32] | is not. | 并不够 |
[21:36] | Sir, I can’t stay on this Hill. | 长官 我不能继续呆在这小镇 |
[21:38] | It’s a personnel matter. | 是人事安排问题 |
[21:40] | – Personnel? – Personal. | -人事安排 -私人原因 |
[21:42] | I can’t work for Charlie Isaacs. | 我无法继续为查理·艾萨克工作 |
[21:44] | It seems we both fancied the same woman. | 我和他爱上了同一个女人 |
[21:50] | Would you close the door, please? | 能帮忙把门关上吗 |
[22:06] | Get down on your knees. | 跪下求我 |
[22:11] | You’re pulling my leg. | 你在开玩笑吧 |
[22:14] | No one can see you. | 没有人看得到你 |
[22:16] | Take a knee. | 下跪吧 |
[22:18] | Or did you change your mind about the transfer? | 还是说你不打算调职了 |
[22:32] | Now… | 现在 |
[22:35] | ask Jesus for forgiveness. | 向上帝寻求宽恕 |
[22:39] | I’m sorry? | 你说什么 |
[22:42] | Jesus. | 上帝 |
[22:48] | Forgive me, Jesus. | 请宽恕我 上帝 |
[22:51] | And what is the nature of your sin? | 你犯下了何种罪孽 |
[22:55] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[22:56] | Yes, you do. It’s weakness. | 你知道 是软弱 |
[23:02] | God buried an atom under a million tons of rock | 上帝将一个原子深埋在成吨的巨石之下 |
[23:06] | so that America could split it in two | 让美国能有机会将其分裂为二[核裂变] |
[23:08] | and redraw the maps of the world. | 并改写世界地图的布局 |
[23:10] | And you want to run off to Dayton | 然而你却想逃去代顿 |
[23:13] | because some girl didn’t ask you to the prom? | 就因为某个女孩拒绝了你的表白吗 |
[23:38] | Half the Hill woke up with eviction papers tacked to our doors | 半个小镇的人醒来都发现门上钉了份 |
[23:41] | by order of the office of the Colonel. | 由上校办公室签发的迁离声明 |
[23:44] | You picked a hell of a week to leave town. | 给你一个礼拜的时间离开小镇 |
[23:46] | I mean, not that you picked– oh, Jesus. | 你都没得选择 天哪 |
[23:50] | You should talk to Jeannie. She’s got two dead parents. | 你该找金妮谈谈 她父母双亡 |
[23:53] | Jim, I’m so sorry about your mother. | 吉姆 关于你母亲 请节哀顺变 |
[23:56] | They won’t give you more time? | 他们不肯再多放你几天假吗 |
[23:58] | Uh, she’d want me here serving my country. | 我妈还在的话 会希望我回来为祖国效力 |
[24:01] | I don’t even know who we’re serving. | 我都不知道我们到底在为谁效力 |
[24:03] | – Frank’s gone. – What? | -法兰克走了 -什么 |
[24:05] | – Where? – I don’t know. | -去哪了 -我也不知道 |
[24:07] | But I know it’s not good. | 反正肯定不是好事 |
[24:22] | So you’re going to give it to her on a bench in the plaza? | 所以你打算在广场椅子上跟她做吗 |
[24:25] | I saved up for a hotel room. | 我攒钱订了间宾馆房间 |
[24:26] | She’s a virgin, right? | 她还是处吧 |
[24:28] | Don’t forget to sprinkle rose petals on the bedspread. | 别忘了在床单上撒些玫瑰花瓣 |
[24:33] | On E-3 salary? | 就他那工资 |
[24:35] | He’ll be lucky if the room has a bed. | 能订到有床的房间就不错了 |
[24:37] | Where’s my daughter? | 我女儿在哪 |
[24:39] | Mrs. Winter– Doctor. | 温特夫人 博士 |
[24:41] | I think she’s on an overnight with the Mason Scouts. | 她应该正跟着梅森·斯考茨值夜班 |
[24:43] | Yes, she was. And then she went AWOL, | 本来是这样 可她擅离职守 |
[24:45] | apparently to meet you. | 显然是来找你了 |
[24:47] | Callie and I had social plans. | 我和凯莉提前约好了 |
[24:49] | She took an early bus and we were going to meet for dinner. | 她坐早班车 然后我们约了一起吃晚餐 |
[24:51] | Where? | 在哪 |
[24:54] | A restaurant? | 一家餐厅 |
[24:56] | I’ll save you a bus ticket. | 我送你一程 |
[25:07] | Are you going somewhere? | 你要去什么地方吗 |
[25:10] | Get in the car. | 上车 |
[25:36] | I see you got my message. | 你收到我的信息了 |
[25:38] | Prince of implosion. | 内爆王子 |
[25:40] | I’d have thought you’d have better things to do | 比起打电话浪费时间 |
[25:43] | than play grab-ass with a telephone. | 我以为你还有别的事做 |
[25:46] | What’s wrong? OSS can’t take a joke? | 怎么 战略情报局开不起玩笑吗 |
[25:48] | Strategic Services is a clubhouse | 战略情报局就是给养尊处优的 |
[25:50] | for overbred schoolboys. | 小少爷们玩乐的地方 |
[25:53] | I serve at the pleasure of a humbler master. | 我是为更谦逊的主人效劳 |
[25:55] | General Groves. | 格鲁乌斯将军 |
[25:58] | Freedom. | 是为自由 |
[26:01] | Nice office. | 办公室不错 |
[26:03] | – A lot of turnover. – Yes, well, | -坎坷不断 -是啊 |
[26:06] | the third time’s a charm. | 之后会好的 |
[26:09] | You don’t see it yet, Charlie, | 你现在还不明白 查理 |
[26:10] | but I am your friend. | 但我是你的朋友 |
[26:12] | Most of my friends have names. | 我的朋友们都有名字 |
[26:16] | I want you to tell me the truth. Can you do that? | 我希望你能告诉我真相 可以吗 |
[26:19] | What do you think, I’m some Bela Lugosi spook? | 你以为我是贝拉·卢戈西的鬼魂吗 |
[26:23] | I am the reason you’re sitting behind that desk instead of– | 因为我你才能坐在这里 而不是 |
[26:26] | Where? | 在哪里 |
[26:28] | Where is Frank Winter? | 法兰克·温特在哪 |
[26:30] | You pack him off to wherever it was | 你把他关在某个地方 |
[26:32] | you were going to send me to torture him? | 还想派我去折磨他 |
[26:35] | Ah, that’s what this is. | 原来是因为这个 |
[26:40] | A soldier’s loyalty. | 战士的忠诚 |
[26:41] | Let me guess. Frank isn’t the man I think he is. | 我来猜猜 法兰克不是我认为的那个人 |
[26:45] | He wasn’t. | 他不是 |
[26:46] | What about me? Am I the guy you thought I was? | 那我呢 我跟你想象的一样吗 |
[26:51] | See, I don’t think you’re a spook. | 我不觉得你是鬼魂 |
[26:55] | I think you’re a bureaucrat. | 我觉得你是官僚 |
[26:58] | I think you’re the guy | 我认为你是那种 |
[27:00] | at the border checkpoint asking for papers. | 在边检处找别人要证明的人 |
[27:13] | Do you know the Banat province in eastern Europe | 你知道东欧的巴纳特省 |
[27:18] | doesn’t exist anymore except on a few old maps? | 除了在几张旧地图上 已经不复存在了 |
[27:24] | Before Christ turned up, | 在主出现之前 |
[27:26] | it belonged to the Thracians | 那里属于色雷斯人 |
[27:29] | until the Romans bled them dry. | 直到罗马人把他们赶尽杀绝 |
[27:32] | Then the Goths, the Huns, the Gepidae, | 之后是哥特人 匈奴人 格庇德人 |
[27:34] | the Avars, followed by the Slavs, | 阿瓦尔人 紧接着是斯拉夫人 |
[27:36] | then the Magyars. | 然后是马扎尔人 |
[27:38] | Four colly birds, three French hens, I get it. | 四只鸣唱的鸟儿 三只法国鸡 我懂 |
[27:41] | Then the Hungarians set up shop | 然后匈牙利人在那里开始做生意 |
[27:43] | until the Ottoman Turks cut them down. | 直到奥斯曼土耳其人将他们赶了出去 |
[27:46] | That’s when my family arrived. | 然后我的祖先去了那里 |
[27:50] | Merchants. | 他们经商 |
[27:52] | Salt, mostly. | 主要是贩盐 |
[27:55] | They fought with the Serbs to beat back the Turks. | 他们和塞尔维亚人一同赶走了土耳其人 |
[27:58] | Then the son of a Bosnian farmer | 然后一位波斯尼亚农民的儿子 |
[28:00] | put a bullet in a Habsburg | 向一位哈布斯堡皇族开了一枪 |
[28:01] | and the world caught fire. | 全世界便陷入水深火热 |
[28:04] | And then it became the Banat Republic | 然后巴纳特共和国成立了 |
[28:07] | for all of two weeks. | 仅维持了两周 |
[28:13] | It was a haven for Jews | 那曾是犹太人们的天堂 |
[28:17] | until the Axis rolled in and Hitler… | 直到轴心国到来 希特勒的出现 |
[28:29] | Hitler solved the Jewish problem once and for all. | 希特勒一次性解决了犹太人的问题 |
[28:34] | Now the Russians are knocking at the gate. | 现在俄罗斯人正虎视眈眈 |
[28:38] | When you’ve lived in a place where borders have no meaning, | 当你经历过一个国界已无意义的年代 |
[28:42] | borders come to mean a great deal. | 国界对你而言便愈发重要 |
[28:47] | 20 years I’ve lived in this country, | 我在这个国家生活了20年 |
[28:49] | yet still I keep a packed suitcase by the front door. | 但我门口还是随时放着个收拾好的行李箱 |
[28:56] | Good. | 挺好 |
[29:00] | Let’s throw it in the car, go for a drive, | 我们上车继续聊 兜兜风 |
[29:03] | pick up Frank. | 把法兰克接回来 |
[29:07] | He’s gone, and he’s never coming back. | 他走了 再也不会回来 |
[29:10] | What does that mean, gone? | 什么叫走了 |
[29:16] | He’s dead? | 他死了吗 |
[29:21] | I don’t believe you. | 我不信 |
[29:25] | You knew the man. | 你了解他 |
[29:26] | Do you think Frank Winter would surrender quietly? | 你觉得法兰克·温特会轻易投降吗 |
[29:29] | Sands shift during wartime. | 战争改变一切 |
[29:32] | No one– no one has tenure. | 没人能一劳永逸 |
[29:36] | The ones who survive are the ones who adapt. | 只有适者才能生存 |
[29:42] | Next time, call me directly. | 下回直接打电话找我 |
[29:46] | My name is Avram Fisher. | 我叫埃弗兰·费舍 |
[29:56] | Where are my manners? | 我怎么这么没礼貌 |
[29:58] | – Congratulations. – For surviving or adapting? | -恭喜 -为了生存还是适应环境 |
[30:02] | For the baby. | 为了新生儿 |
[30:03] | Mazel tov to you and your wife. | 恭喜你和夫人 |
[30:35] | You invited Callie to dinner | 你邀请凯莉 |
[30:38] | at a filling station? | 来加油站吃晚餐 |
[30:40] | Ralph and Betty’s Cafe. This is it. | 拉尔夫和贝蒂咖啡馆 就是这 |
[31:00] | Where’s my daughter? | 我女儿呢 |
[31:16] | Elena? | 埃琳娜 |
[31:24] | I sent her home. | 我叫她回家了 |
[31:28] | Where were you? | 你去哪了 |
[31:32] | Out. | 出门了 |
[31:35] | Abby. | 艾比 |
[31:37] | Is there something that you need to tell me? | 你有什么事要告诉我吗 |
[31:39] | You know, Charlie, I think we dug up all the skeletons | 查理 从你上次来的时候 |
[31:42] | the last time you stopped by. | 我们把该说的都说清楚了 |
[31:43] | I’m sure the neighbors can give you a transcript. | 邻居全都听到了 |
[31:46] | Are you pregnant? | 你怀孕了吗 |
[31:57] | She told you. | 她告诉你了 |
[32:01] | I had to hear it from the Angel of Death. | 我还是得听你这死亡天使亲口说 |
[32:05] | – What? – Abby. | -什么 -艾比 |
[32:06] | Charlie. | 查理 |
[32:12] | You were going to sign the divorce papers | 你是打算签了离婚协议 |
[32:14] | and sneak out the back door with Joey? | 然后跟乔伊一起从后门溜出去吗 |
[32:17] | This is a sign. | 这是上天的预示 |
[32:19] | I don’t believe in signs, Charlie. | 我才不信这个 查理 |
[32:20] | Fine, it’s better than a sign. | 好好 这比预示更好 |
[32:22] | It’s a chance. | 这是个机会 |
[32:26] | It’s too late. | 太迟了 |
[32:32] | There’s a lunatic in Europe | 欧洲有个疯子 |
[32:34] | making orphans out of a thousand Jewish kids a day. | 每天都让成千的犹太孩子成为孤儿 |
[32:36] | You want two more to grow up without their father? | 你想让这两个也从小没父亲吗 |
[32:39] | You think I don’t know about Europe? | 你以为我不知道欧洲的状况吗 |
[32:41] | Honestly? | 你说真的吗 |
[32:51] | You remember that first doctor at Mass General? | 你还记得我们在麻省综合医院的第一个大夫吗 |
[32:56] | The one who looked like Calvin Coolidge? | 长得像卡尔文·柯立芝的那个 |
[32:58] | A medical improbability. That’s what he called it. | 他说这在医学上是不可能的 |
[33:05] | And I told you we could raise Siamese cats for all I care. | 我当时告诉你 就算一起养猫我也不在乎 |
[33:11] | But you wanted a daughter so badly. | 是你一直非想要个女儿 |
[33:15] | We both did. | 我们都想 |
[33:19] | And you proved the doctors wrong. | 而且你也证明了医生说的是错的 |
[33:25] | Right out of the gates, you said it felt like a boy, | 从一开始你就说感觉怀的像是男孩 |
[33:29] | and you were right about that, too. | 你的感觉也是对的 |
[33:40] | Thought I’d never see you again. | 本以为我再也不会见到你了 |
[33:43] | I mean, for all I knew, you were dead. | 我是说 对我来说 你已经死了 |
[33:44] | And then you came in the door | 然后你就那么走进门 |
[33:45] | and you said that I poisoned our marriage. | 还说是我毁了咱们的婚姻 |
[33:50] | Listen. | 听着 |
[33:53] | Whatever happened between me and you | 无论你我之间发生过什么 |
[33:57] | or me and her | 我和她发生过什么 |
[34:01] | – or you and– – Charlie. | -或是你和… -查理 |
[34:05] | It’s not us. | 这不是我们的错 |
[34:09] | It’s this place. | 都是这个鬼地方弄的 |
[34:11] | I treated you like every other jerk | 我像这里其他不待见妻子的混蛋一样 |
[34:14] | on this hill treats his wife. | 对待你 |
[34:16] | I underestimated you. | 我低估了你 |
[34:20] | I forgot what I had. | 我忘了你有多好 |
[34:24] | But there’s a kid in there. | 但我们有个孩子 |
[34:27] | He doesn’t know his father screwed up. | 他还不知道他爸爸搞砸了 |
[34:30] | His world doesn’t even exist yet. | 而他还没见过这个世界 |
[34:34] | We can do better. | 我们可以比这做得更好 |
[34:42] | I can be better. | 我可以做得更好 |
[34:59] | It feels like a girl. | 我觉得怀的是女孩 |
[35:14] | Callie’s on her way. | 凯莉在路上了 |
[35:16] | Good. | 很好 |
[35:18] | 20 minutes, tops. There was a message at the barracks. | 最多20分钟就到 军营里有条留言 |
[35:21] | I goofed. I sent her to the wrong restaurant. | 我弄错了 让她去了另一家餐厅 |
[35:26] | You left it in your jacket pocket. | 你把这忘在外套口袋里了 |
[35:29] | So where were you really going to meet Callie? | 所以你本打算在哪和凯莉会面 |
[35:36] | Premarital sex was not invented in 1944. | 1944年可没有婚前性行为这个说法 |
[35:41] | There’s a hotel off the plaza. We haven’t actually– | 广场旁的一家宾馆 我们还没… |
[35:45] | I wanted to wait until we were married, | 我想等到我们结婚 |
[35:47] | but I… | 但我… |
[35:53] | Do you love her? | 你爱她吗 |
[35:59] | She’s the most perfect person I’ve ever met. | 她是我见过最完美的人 |
[36:05] | Is she happy? | 她幸福吗 |
[36:15] | What? | 怎么了 |
[36:18] | Callie took some pills about a month back. | 凯莉大概一个月前吃了些药 |
[36:21] | Methyl something. They were blue. | 甲苯什么的 是蓝色的 |
[36:25] | Methylphenobarbital. | 甲苯比妥 |
[36:28] | They’re mine. | 是我的药 |
[36:30] | I don’t think that she was really trying to– | 我不认为她是想… |
[36:37] | She said it runs in the family. | 她说这是家庭遗传 |
[36:43] | There was an incident when we lived in Ithaca. | 我们住在伊萨卡时出过一次状况 |
[36:48] | I made a mistake. | 我犯了个错 |
[36:51] | Were you… trying? | 你是想要… |
[36:57] | I know that Callie’s afraid | 我知道凯莉害怕 |
[36:59] | that she has what I have, | 她跟我一样是瘾君子 |
[37:04] | but she’s not like me. | 但她不是我 |
[37:07] | I spent half of my life | 我这半生 |
[37:08] | looking for a trapdoor out of it. | 都在寻找一个出口 |
[37:33] | We picked her up at a hotel in Santa Fe. | 我们在圣达菲的一家宾馆里找到了她 |
[37:35] | Callie! | 凯莉 |
[37:37] | You can thank us back at the Hill. | 你可以回去以后再谢谢我 |
[37:41] | Sorry, ma’am. | 对不起 女士 |
[37:43] | If you took her away, I’d never see her again. | 如果你把她带走 我就再也见不到她了 |
[37:47] | It’s time to go. | 该走了 |
[38:19] | How do you like your coffee? | 你喜欢什么样的咖啡 |
[38:21] | In my own living room. | 我想在我千里之外 |
[38:23] | 2,000 miles from here. | 自家客厅里喝 |
[38:28] | So what happens when a Nobel laureate stays out past curfew? | 诺贝尔奖得主晚上回来晚了会怎么样 |
[38:33] | You call out the 101st Airborne? | 你们要出动101空降师吗 |
[38:34] | A Nobel laureate with a packed suitcase in his car? | 车里装着旅行箱的诺贝尔奖得主吗 |
[38:38] | Is that a crime? | 这犯法吗 |
[38:40] | Liza Winter, PhD, second in her class at Barnard. | 莱莎·温特 博士 巴纳德学院年级第二 |
[38:44] | Not a charm school. | 可不是什么招人喜欢的学校 |
[38:46] | I’m going to assume you weren’t born yesterday. | 我假设你并非不喑世事 |
[38:48] | I hope you’ll extend me the same courtesy. | 我希望你也别把我当小孩 |
[38:52] | Colonel Darrow, is it? | 你是达罗上校吧 |
[38:57] | My husband dragged us here and now he’s gone, | 我丈夫拖我们来这里 现在人却不见了 |
[39:00] | and no one will tell me where you’re sending his check. | 没人愿意告诉我你到底把他送到哪去了 |
[39:02] | So, under the circumstances, | 在这种情况下 |
[39:03] | I would be grateful if I could be released with time served. | 如果过段时间你能放我离开 我会感激不尽 |
[39:10] | Colonel, I can’t spill secrets | 上校 我不可能泄密 |
[39:13] | I wasn’t entrusted with in the first place. | 从一开始我就没机会接触任何机密 |
[39:19] | I understand you have a job to do, but so do I. | 我明白你要完成本职工作 但我也一样 |
[39:22] | If you let me just go back to Princeton, | 如果你让我回普林斯顿 |
[39:24] | you’ll never hear from me again. | 你永远都不会再听到我的消息 |
[39:26] | Set off a chain reaction | 引发链式反应 |
[39:27] | that will explode with the power of 20,000 tons of TNT. | 爆炸时产生的威力相当于两万吨TNT炸药 |
[39:34] | Powerful enough to wipe cities off the map. | 足够将数座城市从地图上抹去 |
[39:38] | Cities full of people. | 还有城市中的所有居民 |
[39:41] | – Children. – You recorded our conversations? | -所有孩子 -你们录下了我们的谈话 |
[39:44] | No, the Army will detonate it | 不 军方会把它投到 |
[39:46] | someplace where it can’t hurt anyone. | 不会引起伤亡的地方 |
[39:48] | When the Axis sees what we’re capable of, | 等轴心国看到炸弹的威力 |
[39:50] | they’ll have no choice. They will have to surrender… | 他们将别无选择 不得不投降 |
[39:52] | For how long? | 从什么时候开始的 |
[39:53] | Your husband is at another site | 你丈夫正在另一处营地 |
[39:55] | proving his loyalty to his country. | 证明他对祖国的忠心 |
[39:58] | You can help him by proving that you can be a discreet, | 你要想帮他 就该谨言慎行 |
[40:02] | productive member of this community. | 努力为这个社区服务 |
[40:04] | We’re writing the prologue to a new era, | 我们在书写时代的新篇章 |
[40:07] | a history of peace. | 书写和平之史 |
[40:18] | I’ve made mistakes. | 我走过歪路 |
[40:22] | I’ve done things I’m not proud of, | 做了很多我羞于启齿的事 |
[40:23] | but I swear I did all of it with you and Callie in mind. | 但我发誓 我做这些事时都是为了你和凯莉 |
[40:28] | A few months ago, | 几个月前 |
[40:29] | a physicist from another design group | 另一个设计组的物理学家 |
[40:32] | came to me and he told me | 来找我 他告诉我 |
[40:33] | that his model wasn’t going to work. | 他的模型不会成功 |
[40:37] | So Reed Akley and I engaged in a secret conspiracy | 所以我和里德·奥克利开始秘密谋划 |
[40:42] | to co-opt the resources of his group for implosion. | 利用他组内的资源来做内爆 |
[40:46] | You remember Charlie Isaacs? | 你记得查理·艾萨克吗 |
[40:48] | We set him up to cover our tracks. | 我们利用他来掩盖我们的踪迹 |
[40:51] | The irony is the only way | 讽刺的是要想实现内爆 |
[40:52] | we were able to crack implosion was by stealing… | 唯一的方法就是偷用 |
[40:55] | I may know what it is you’re building here… | 我也许知道你们在这里造什么 |
[41:00] | but my daughter does not. | 但我女儿不知道 |
[41:05] | But he had no idea. | 其实他毫不知情 |
[42:39] | They fix the PA? | 广播修好了吗 |
[42:43] | Where is he? | 他在哪 |
[42:45] | The Army said Frank was transferred to another site. | 军方说法兰克被调到了另一处营地 |
[42:48] | One suit, one shirt, one necktie, | 就穿着一套西装 一件衬衫 一条领带 |
[42:50] | one pair of shoes? | 和一双鞋 |
[42:52] | That’s all he took. | 他就带了这些东西 |
[42:54] | All his clothes are boxed up at the house. | 他的所有衣物仍装箱放在我们家里 |
[42:57] | He even left his security badge. | 他甚至连安全徽章都没带 |
[42:59] | Does that sound like a transfer to you? | 你觉得这听起来像工作调动吗 |
[43:02] | I don’t know what law of physics he’s broken now, | 我不知道他违反了哪条物理规律 |
[43:06] | but I think you do. | 但我觉得你知道 |
[43:08] | Ma’am? | 女士 |
[43:10] | Would you come with us, please? | 请你跟我们走 |
[43:14] | It’s all right. Hey, she’s fine. | 没事的 她没惹麻烦 |
[43:16] | She doesn’t have clearance. | 她没有权限 |
[43:18] | Where is he? | 他到底在哪 |
[43:43] | All right, can I get everyone’s attention, please? | 好了 请大家安静一下 |
[43:46] | Thanks very much. | 非常感谢 |
[43:48] | Can I have everyone’s attention? | 请大家静一静 |
[43:51] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[43:55] | Dr. Oppenheimer… | 奥本海默博士 |
[43:57] | asked me to say a few words about the road ahead. | 让我跟大家谈一下未来的走向 |
[44:02] | But I want to talk about the road that got us here. | 但我想先谈谈我们之前奋斗的过程 |
[44:06] | I had a teacher in St. Louis. | 我在圣路易斯时有个老师 |
[44:08] | He used to say that science isn’t a quest for truth, | 他总是说科学并不为寻找真理 |
[44:13] | but a process of correcting your errors. | 而是为纠正自己的错误 |
[44:17] | We’ve racked up more than our share on this hill. | 在这镇上我们已犯了太多的错 |
[44:22] | And I want to correct one right now. | 而我想在此纠正其中一处 |
[44:30] | The fact that we’re all standing here, | 事实是我们现在的所有成就 |
[44:32] | that there is a path forward, | 我们还有成功的可能 |
[44:35] | we owe it to one man, | 都归功于一个人 |
[44:36] | and he isn’t standing here with us. | 但他现在却没法来到这里 |
[44:38] | The implosion model exists because of Frank Winter. | 内爆模型是由法兰克·温特提出的 |
[44:46] | He was the crank in the wilderness | 他就是那位在荒郊野外钻木取火 |
[44:49] | rubbing two sticks together | 为我们带来火种的怪人 |
[44:51] | when no one believed. | 即便没人认为他能成功 |
[44:53] | He fed the spark. | 他引燃火苗 |
[44:56] | He fought off the wolves. | 驱赶走狼群 |
[44:58] | He corrected his errors. | 纠正自己的错误 |
[45:04] | You should be listening to Frank right now. | 本应该由法兰克向你们做演讲 |
[45:13] | But the War Department has asked him | 但陆军部让他接管了 |
[45:17] | to take the reins on another project at another site. | 另一处营地的其他项目 |
[45:21] | Their gain is our loss. | 他们因此获益 却是我们的损失 |
[45:23] | I talked to Frank on the phone a little while ago. | 我不久前跟法兰克通过电话 |
[45:25] | He gave me his blessing | 他为我祝福 |
[45:28] | and I gave him my sincere thanks. | 而我向他表达了真诚的感谢 |
[45:31] | We all should. | 我们都应该如此 |
[45:33] | Did he talk to him? | 他们通过电话吗 |
[45:43] | As for the road ahead… | 对我们未来的征程而言 |
[45:48] | there is no road. | 并没有已知的道路 |
[45:50] | We have to dig it out of the dirt. | 需要我们摸着石头过河 |
[45:52] | It’s no longer a thought problem. It’s not a theory. | 这不再是思想实验 不再只是物理理论 |
[45:55] | We’re all going home with blood on our sleeves. | 我们回家时手上都将染满鲜血 |
[45:58] | We’re going to build a working Gadget. | 我们将成功研制出小玩意 |
[46:00] | We’re going to drop it on Berlin. | 我们会将它空投到柏林 |
[46:01] | If those doubting Thomases in Washington don’t believe us, | 如果华盛顿那些多疑的政治家不相信我们 |
[46:05] | then they can fly out here | 那就让他们飞到这里 |
[46:07] | and stick their fingers in the wound. | 亲自完成这一难题 |
[46:08] | ‘Cause on July 4th, 1945, | 因为在1945年7月4日 |
[46:12] | we’re going to put on the biggest firework show | 我们将燃放自《创世纪》以来 |
[46:14] | since the Book of Genesis. | 最华丽的烟火 |
[46:16] | We’re going to test the Gadget in our own backyard. | 我们将在祖国境内测试小玩意 |
[46:21] | A nuclear test in a year? | 在一年内测试原子弹 |
[46:23] | Whose bloody sleeve did he pull that out of? | 他从哪偷来了这么一套说辞 |
[46:25] | He just pushed in all his chips. It’s a bluff. | 他这是孤注一掷 唬人而已 |
[46:30] | Now, I’ve heard it said | 我听说过一种说法 |
[46:32] | that physics is a gentleman’s sport. | 物理是绅士间的竞赛 |
[46:37] | Some of you may think I’m hitting above my weight. | 你们有些人可能认为我自不量力 |
[46:41] | 紧急 项目重组 内爆装置测试 1945年7月 | |
[46:42] | I’m 28 years old. | 我二十八岁 |
[46:45] | I grew up in Missouri in a cold-water tenement. | 我在密苏里州一间没有热水的出租屋里长大 |
[46:51] | Red blood, not blue. | 只是普通百姓 并非贵族 |
[46:52] | My mother used to scrub it out of my school clothes. | 我母亲总要费心替我洗去校服上的血渍 |
[46:56] | See, | 所以 |
[46:58] | I had to learn to hit above my weight. | 我很早就学会如何以小胜大 |
[47:03] | We all do. | 我们都得学会 |
[47:07] | ‘Cause the guys in the other corner, | 因为我们现在的对手 |
[47:10] | they invented quantum mechanics. | 是量子力学的创始人 |
[47:13] | They split the atom. They beat us to the punch. | 是他们分离了原子 他们已经抢占先机 |
[47:16] | That’s another error we’re going to correct. | 这是另一个我们需要纠正的错误 |
[47:18] | And when it’s over, | 当一切落幕时 |
[47:20] | when we’ve corrected that error in Germany | 当我们把德国的邪恶力量 |
[47:23] | right off the face of the earth… | 从地球上彻底抹去时 |
[47:27] | then we’re all going home | 那时我们就能回家 |
[47:30] | where we belong, | 回到我们的归宿 |
[47:32] | secure in the knowledge | 同时谨记在心 |
[47:35] | that we did the right thing. | 我们的所作所为是正义的 |
[47:57] | Polk residence. | 波尔克住所 |
[48:12] | I left my wallet at the depot in Santa Fe. | 我把钱包落在了圣达菲的火车站 |
[48:15] | I swear I’ll set the land-speed record. | 我发誓我会尽最快速度赶回来 |
[48:19] | Listen, I lost my mother this week, okay? | 听着 我母亲这周刚去世 好吗 |
[48:25] | – All right, then. – Thank you. | -那你去吧 -谢谢 |
[48:26] | Go ahead. | 去吧 |
[49:40] | I know I broke protocol, but– | 我知道我违反了规定 但是 |
[49:42] | Get in. | 上车 |
[49:53] | I, uh… | 我 |
[49:55] | The car. I have a flat tire, so– | 是车 我的车爆胎了 所以 |
[49:58] | You. The thespian. | 是你 我们要找的演员 |
[50:01] | The role of a lifetime. | 一生只扮演一个角色 |
[50:03] | Germans or Soviets? | 是德国还是苏联 |
[50:06] | Uh, there’s some kind of mix-up. | 你肯定是搞错了 |
[50:09] | You are in a world of trouble from sea to shining sea. | 你生活在充满着战争纷扰的世界 |
[50:13] | I am your only friend, | 我是你唯一的朋友 |
[50:15] | so I advise you to think very carefully about your next answer. | 所以我建议你仔细考虑你的下一个答案 |
[50:21] | Who recruited him? | 是谁招募了他 |
[50:26] | What? | 什么 |
[50:27] | Frank Winter recruited you. | 法兰克·温特招募了你 |
[50:30] | Who recruited Frank Winter? | 是谁招募了法兰克·温特 |
[51:27] | You all right? | 你没事吧 |
[51:33] | Get the legs. | 你搬他的腿 |
[51:50] | You want a volunteer to climb a 100-foot steel lightning rod. | 你需要志愿者去爬30米高的避雷针 |
[51:53] | Yes. | 对 |
[51:54] | To babysit Shiva, the God of Death, | 需要有人在这种雷雨天 |
[51:55] | 1945年7月16日 广岛核爆前21天 | |
[51:56] | in the middle of an electrical storm. | 去看护湿婆 毁灭之神 |
[51:57] | Well, maybe the Japs can spare a Kamikaze pilot. | 也许日本人愿意给你派位神风敢死队飞行员 |
[52:01] | – I’ll do it. – No way. | -我来 -不行 |
[52:03] | If the colonel wants to double-check the detonators, | 如果上校想再次检查核弹 |
[52:05] | he can do it himself. | 让他自己来 |
[52:06] | No wife. No kids. I’ll do it. | 我没结婚 没孩子 让我来 |
[52:09] | No, you’re more valuable on the ground. | 不 我们这里更需要你 |
[52:11] | – Jim, you don’t have to. – It’s okay. | -吉姆 你不必如此 -没关系的 |
[52:15] | It should be someone you trust. | 应该由你信任的人来做 |
[52:28] | Hey, you! | 你等下 |
[52:33] | The Boy Wonder said to give you this. | 神奇小子说把这个给你 |
[52:55] | Start the clock. | 开始计时 |
[52:57] | Zero minus 160 minutes. | 160分钟开始倒数 |
[53:01] | By 0430 hours, | 到早上四点三十分 |
[53:03] | every tent, including this one, | 每一顶帐篷 包括这一顶 |
[53:05] | will be collapsed and loaded for transport | 将会被拆运上车 |
[53:08] | to the 10,000-meter perimeter. | 转移到一万米以外 |
[53:12] | And if anyone sees Dr. Frank Winter on the premises, | 如果有谁在这方圆一万米内看到法兰克博士 |
[53:16] | arrest him. | 逮捕他 |
[53:18] | If he resists, | 如果他拒捕 |
[53:20] | you have the authority to use all necessary force. | 你有权使用任何必要手段 |