时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:07] | When the time comes, someone will contact you. | 等时机成熟 会有人来联系你 |
[00:08] | He’ll have the other half of this. | 他会带着这个的另一半 |
[00:11] | – Crosley. – Hi. | -克罗斯利 -你好 |
[00:13] | This is really not a good time. | 你来得真不是时候 |
[00:15] | Are you… | 你是不是 |
[00:18] | We’ll be forming a new test group. | 我们会组建新的测试小组 |
[00:19] | There will be an announcement soon. | 很快就会对此发表通知 |
[00:21] | How did you know that | 你当年是怎么知道 |
[00:22] | Mrs. Winter was the girl for you? | 温特太太就是你命中注定的女人的 |
[00:23] | Was it like Einstein discovering spatial relativity? | 是不是像爱因斯坦顿悟狭义相对论那样 |
[00:26] | That took Albert a couple years. | 阿尔伯特花了几年才完善了整个理论 |
[00:28] | – I’m Abby. – Elodie. | -我是艾比 -我是伊洛蒂 |
[00:29] | Enchante. | 幸会 |
[00:33] | – Callie! – Sorry, ma’am. | -凯莉 -对不起 女士 |
[00:35] | If you took her away, I’d never see her again. | 如果你把她带走 我就再也见不到她了 |
[00:39] | There was an incident in Ithaca. | 我们住在伊萨卡时出过一次状况 |
[00:41] | I made a mistake. | 我犯了个错 |
[00:42] | You’re all right now, aren’t you? | 你现在已经好了 不是吗 |
[00:45] | Jesus, Glen, I can’t do this without you. | 天啊 格兰 没有你这项目没法实现 |
[00:47] | You’re gonna have to. They want me off the Hill. | 这项目必须成功 他们要我马上搬出基地 |
[00:51] | – Where is he? – Your husband is at another site | -他在哪 -你丈夫正在另一处营地 |
[00:54] | proving his loyalty to his country. | 证明他对祖国的忠心 |
[01:13] | Brought you a newspaper. Sunday “Times.” | 给你拿了份报纸 周日的《时报》 |
[01:16] | They took it from me at the door. | 他们在门口给收走了 |
[01:17] | They’re afraid the news will upset us. | 担心新闻会让我们丧气 |
[01:20] | I trust you’ll tell me if Hitler invades Nantucket, | 要是希特勒进攻楠塔基特岛你会告诉我的 |
[01:22] | starts a world war. | 世界大战爆发 |
[01:25] | Speaking of Fascists, | 说到法西斯 |
[01:26] | I thought I’d bring your sister next week. | 我下周想带你妹妹来 |
[01:29] | I’d rather nobody know I was here. | 我宁愿没人知道我在这 |
[01:36] | Where’s your wedding ring? | 你的结婚戒指呢 |
[01:38] | We’re not allowed to wear them. | 他们不许我们戴戒指 |
[01:40] | Why? So you’ll forget you’ve got a husband? | 为什么 为了让你忘了你有丈夫吗 |
[01:43] | So we don’t swallow them and choke ourselves. | 这样我们就不会吞戒指自杀 |
[01:51] | You lost count. You took too many pills. | 你糊涂了 一次吃了太多片药 |
[01:54] | It does not make you suicidal. | 但不代表你有自杀倾向 |
[01:56] | Let’s look at the silver lining. | 想想积极的事 |
[01:59] | I finally took up a hobby. | 我终于有爱好了 |
[02:03] | – Nurse. – Yes. | -护士 -来了 |
[02:05] | Someone must have shown her the newspaper. | 得有人给她看报纸 |
[02:11] | Come with me. | 跟我来 |
[02:12] | – I’m sorry. Visiting hours are over. -Thank you. | -很抱歉 探望时间结束了 -谢谢你 |
[02:21] | I am going to bring you home. | 我会带你回家的 |
[02:25] | Callie’s going to hate this scarf. | 凯莉肯定会讨厌这条围巾 |
[02:30] | Come here. Yeah. | 过来 |
[02:41] | I’ll see you next week. | 我下周再来看你 |
[02:44] | What was science fiction yesterday | 昔日的科幻小说 |
[02:46] | is a reality today. | 如今已成现实 |
[02:48] | Hahn and Strassmann work at the Kaiser Wilhelm Insti– | 哈恩和斯特拉斯曼在威廉皇帝学会工作 |
[02:51] | No, no. Turn that back, please. | 别 拜托 调回去 |
[02:53] | …blocks of all matter. | 所有物质 |
[02:55] | German scientists have managed to split the atom, | 德国科学家已成功劈开原子 |
[02:58] | releasing 200 million volts. | 释放高达两亿电子伏特的能量 |
[03:00] | A major discovery in physics, | 物理学领域的重大突破 |
[03:02] | atomic energy could become a promising source of fuel | 原子能在未来的几十年内 |
[03:05] | in the decades to come. | 或成为有前景的燃料来源 |
[03:08] | It’s called a neutron. | 那叫中子 |
[03:09] | It’s a particle inside the nucleus of an atom. | 是原子核内的一种粒子 |
[03:12] | When you bombard uranium with neutrons, | 当用中子撞击铀原子 |
[03:14] | you can split it apart, | 可以让原子分裂 |
[03:16] | releasing all of that, uh– | 释放所有的 |
[03:18] | that energy, that power that’s locked inside. | 能量 被封锁在原子核内部的能量 |
[03:24] | Imagine the sun rising in the west. | 想象一下旭日西升的场景 |
[03:27] | And you know how to build this contraption? | 你知道怎么制作这种装置吗 |
[03:29] | I know it can be built. | 我知道能够被造出来 |
[03:30] | Hitler is already stockpiling uranium. | 希特勒已经开始储备铀矿了 |
[03:32] | I have been to Germany. I know their starting lineup. | 我去过德国 我知道他们要开始行动了 |
[03:37] | They will succeed at this. | 他们会成功的 |
[03:39] | So you’re telling me I need a bomb that doesn’t exist | 你是说我需要一个现在还不存在的炸弹 |
[03:43] | to win a war that we won’t be involved in when it starts? | 来赢得一场本和我们无关的战争 |
[03:45] | – We’ll– – If it starts. | -和我们有关 -如果真开战的话 |
[03:47] | We’ll get in. You know we will. | 我们会卷入战争 你也知道 |
[03:56] | – We’ll take it under consideration. – Thank you. | -我们会考虑的 -谢谢你 |
[03:59] | Saw Elaine last week at the university club with her new beau. | 上周在大学俱乐部看到伊莲恩和她的新欢 |
[04:03] | Someday you got to tell me | 总有天你得告诉我 |
[04:04] | how to unload a wife so smoothly. | 怎么利落地把老婆甩掉 |
[04:06] | It’s all in the wrist. | 全靠手腕 |
[04:10] | Gentlemen. | 先生们 |
[04:13] | All right, so who’s next in your little black book? | 好了 你黑皮书上接下来是谁 |
[04:17] | Maybe it’s time to close the book. | 或许是时候把书合上了 |
[04:20] | Some genies belong in their lamps. | 有些神灯精灵还是别召唤出来的好 |
[04:27] | So are we going to talk about it, kiddo? | 我们要谈谈吗 孩子 |
[04:29] | What do you think we’re doing right now? | 不然我们现在是在干什么 |
[04:31] | I mean whatever is really going on | 我是说你脑子里 |
[04:33] | inside that egg head of yours. | 到底在想什么 |
[04:36] | Obsessing over hypothetical chain reactions | 痴迷于理论性的链式反应 |
[04:39] | so you can ignore what? | 就能逃避什么吗 |
[04:41] | The perils of the tenure committee? | 授职委员会的压力吗 |
[04:43] | Cornell’s fine. | 康奈尔那边没问题 |
[04:44] | And Liza? What does she have to say about all this? | 莱莎呢 她有什么想法 |
[04:48] | Liza’s got enough on her mind right now. | 莱莎现在烦心的事够多了 |
[04:50] | She still on her research sabbatical? | 她还在研究休假吗 |
[04:53] | We need to think bigger. | 我们得往大了想 |
[04:56] | You must know someone with a line to the President. | 你肯定认识谁能联系上总统 |
[05:06] | We can still drive back to the city. | 我们还能开回市里 |
[05:08] | Leave the cap on this bottle. | 先别开这瓶 |
[05:10] | Open a beer instead. | 开瓶啤酒吧 |
[05:12] | Without getting my autograph book signed? | 不给我的签名簿签名吗 |
[05:17] | I don’t want to be the guy who lives to regret it. | 我不想抱憾终身 |
[05:20] | Do you? | 你呢 |
[06:17] | Right there. Thanks. | 放这吧 谢谢 |
[06:26] | Editor said the writer’s on assignment and unreachable. | 编辑说原作者有任务联系不上 |
[06:29] | I informed him that wartime secrecy guidelines prohibit them– | 我告诉他说这有悖战时保密原则 |
[06:32] | Census record. | 人口普查表 |
[06:34] | Get me this reporter’s individual census record, | 把这个记者的人口普查资料找来 |
[06:37] | his last income tax return, and his current home address. | 他最近一次的返税记录和现在住址 |
[06:40] | Yes, Sir. | 好的 长官 |
[06:55] | Colonel. | 上校 |
[07:01] | I trust you informed them of their mistake. | 我相信你已经跟他们说过搞错了吧 |
[07:04] | I have. | 是的 |
[07:05] | Why not bring Frank back | 为什么不叫法兰克回来 |
[07:06] | and we can clear up this confusion? | 这样就能解释清楚了 |
[07:09] | There’s some confusion I’d like to clear up right here | 有些疑问我想在这里搞清楚 |
[07:11] | concerning the source of this story. | 关于这故事的来源 |
[07:15] | I’m not permitted to leave the Hill. | 他们不准我离开镇上 |
[07:17] | And all my correspondence is monitored by you, yes? | 你还监控着我的所有通讯方式 对吧 |
[07:21] | You know, if Dr. Winter | 要是温特博士 |
[07:22] | were in less than comfortable circumstances– | 之前的处境并不太好 |
[07:24] | Which he isn’t. | 他没有 |
[07:26] | I would worry they may not improve after today’s events. | 我恐怕在今天之后也不会有所改善 |
[07:34] | Perhaps you’d like to repeat that, Colonel, | 或许你该重申一遍 上校 |
[07:37] | to my colleagues here on the town council. | 向在座镇议会的各位同事再说一遍 |
[07:46] | May I have everyone’s attention, please? | 请大家听我说 |
[07:49] | Due to the new J-1 secrecy restrictions, | 鉴于新出台的J-1保密限制 |
[07:52] | as of today, the town council is disbanded. | 今天起镇议会正式解散 |
[08:13] | Where’s the rest? | 其他的呢 |
[08:15] | That’s it for today. | 今天就这么多 |
[08:16] | Bad behavior. | 因为表现不好 |
[08:18] | What did I do? | 我干什么了 |
[08:20] | Not your bad behavior. | 不是你表现不好 |
[08:30] | T-h 650? | 打给Th650吗 |
[08:31] | Right away, Dr. Oppenheimer. | 马上就好 转接奥本海默博士 |
[08:35] | There must be another secret city in California. | 加州肯定还有个神秘之城 |
[08:37] | He calls over there three times a week. | 他一周往那里打三次电话 |
[08:41] | Do you ever, um– | 你有没有… |
[08:42] | listen to Oppenheimer’s calls? | 听过奥本海默的电话内容 |
[08:44] | Pretty sure that’s a war crime. | 那可是战争罪 |
[08:49] | But I think I heard Roosevelt’s voice once. | 但我好像听到过一次罗斯福的声音 |
[09:12] | Get my care package? | 收到我寄的包裹了吗 |
[09:14] | I thought gift-giving | 我以为送礼物是 |
[09:15] | was a bourgeois convention. | 资产阶级才会干的事 |
[09:18] | Although I don’t have any neckties | 不过我还没有 |
[09:19] | with Arabian slaves on them. | 绣着阿拉伯奴隶的领带 |
[09:22] | I had a dream. | 我做了个梦 |
[09:24] | You were a greyhound | 梦里你是一条猎犬 |
[09:25] | and we were climbing a mountain. | 我们在爬山 |
[09:27] | And when we reached the summit, | 我们到山顶的时候 |
[09:29] | you jumped up and licked my thighs until I came. | 你跳到我两腿之间 舔到我高潮 |
[09:33] | I strangled you with your leash. | 我用你的狗绳勒死了你 |
[09:36] | The destruction of the one | 旧事物的破灭 |
[09:37] | is the production of another. | 预示着新事物的诞生 |
[09:39] | Isn’t that what Jung says? | 那不是荣格[瑞士心理学家]的话吗 |
[09:43] | Bring the necktie to San Francisco. | 把那条领带带到旧金山来 |
[09:45] | I’m going to make you beg for air. | 我要让你跪求我将领带放松一点 |
[09:59] | Okay, well, let’s just say we had invented space travel | 假设我们发明了太空旅行 |
[10:02] | and you had the chance to go to– | 而你有机会去… |
[10:04] | to Jupiter, for instance. | 比如说木星 |
[10:06] | – Evening, Dr. Isaacs. – Have a good night. | -晚安 艾萨克博士 -晚安 |
[10:10] | Oh, my God. Suck-ups. | 真是马屁精 |
[10:11] | Anyway, Jupiter, the most majestic | 总之 你可以去木星 |
[10:14] | and mysterious of all the planets in the solar system– | 这颗太阳系里最宏伟神秘的星球 |
[10:17] | but there’s a catch. | 但是有条件 |
[10:19] | It’s a one-way ticket. | 你有去无回 |
[10:21] | You will never see your friends or family again. | 你将再也不能见到朋友和家人 |
[10:24] | Are there girls on this spaceship? | 这艘太空船里有女孩吗 |
[10:25] | It’s a journey of 365 million miles. | 那可是将近六亿公里的路程 |
[10:28] | You’ll get to see the Galilean moons, the Great Red Spot, | 你会看到伽利略卫星 大红斑 |
[10:32] | but you have to give up everything. | 但你得放弃一切 |
[10:35] | You’re standing on the threshold of the capsule | 你现在正站在太空船的门口 |
[10:38] | and you have to decide do you go? | 必须做出决定的话 你去吗 |
[10:40] | Shit, no. Do you? | 当然不去了 你呢 |
[10:41] | I don’t know. I mean, on the one hand, | 不好说 一方面 |
[10:43] | you’re the first interplanetary tourist, | 你会成为第一位星际旅行的人 |
[10:45] | like Vasco da Gama, but then on the other hand, | 就好比瓦斯科·达伽马 但另一方面 |
[10:47] | you start thinking about your family and– | 你得考虑自己的家人 还有… |
[10:49] | Oh, shit. | 见鬼 |
[10:51] | What’s the matter? | 怎么了 |
[10:56] | Jesus Christ. | 天哪 |
[11:01] | Hi. Excuse me. | 打扰一下 |
[11:06] | Hi. Just looking for someone, Sir. | 你好 我只是来找人 长官 |
[11:10] | Excuse me, sir. Excuse me. | 抱歉 打扰了 |
[11:12] | – I need to talk to you. – Fritz? | -我有事和你说 -福瑞茨 |
[11:14] | In the lab, we were running the plasma generator, | 我们正在实验室里运行等离子发生器 |
[11:16] | and he was splicing a cable. | 他在绞接电线 |
[11:18] | – Who was? – Thatcher. | -谁 -撒切尔 |
[11:20] | – Okay. – And just– | -好吧 -然后突然 |
[11:21] | after Sid, and then after Akley, | 先是希德 之后是奥克利 |
[11:23] | and this whole stupid war– | 还有这场破战争 |
[11:25] | Fritz, slow down. Calm down. | 福瑞茨 别着急 冷静点 |
[11:26] | It could have been me hooking up that wire. | 接电线的本有可能是我 |
[11:28] | We couldn’t wake him up. | 我们叫不醒他 |
[11:30] | We couldn’t wake him up. He was choking on his tongue. | 叫不醒他 他被舌头堵得窒息 |
[11:32] | – Is he all right? – I don’t know. | -他没事吧 -我不知道 |
[11:34] | I don’t know. It’s just everything is so fragile. | 我不知道 一切都太脆弱了 |
[11:37] | Just life, I mean. I– | 生命… |
[11:39] | I can’t go to Jupiter! | 我不能去木星 |
[11:40] | Who am I kidding? I can’t even… | 我骗谁呢 我都没有 |
[11:42] | What are you saying, Fritz? | 你说什么呢 福瑞茨 |
[11:44] | What I’m saying is just– | 我说的是… |
[11:47] | Is that a decoder ring? | 那是解码戒指吗 |
[11:48] | I know that I’m no war hero | 我知道自己不是战场上的英雄 |
[11:52] | or even brave, | 连勇敢都称不上 |
[11:54] | and I have sciatica, and– | 我还得了坐骨神经痛 |
[11:59] | I do! | 我愿意 |
[12:02] | – I mean– – What do you mean? | -我是说… -说什么 |
[12:03] | I mean, um– | 我是说… |
[12:05] | – I will. – You will? | -我愿意 -你愿意 |
[12:07] | Yeah. | 对 |
[12:24] | Robert Oppenheimer’s having an affair. | 罗伯特·奥本海默出轨了 |
[12:30] | What? | 什么 |
[12:31] | Three days a week he calls a woman in San Francisco. | 他每周给旧金山的一个女人打三次电话 |
[12:33] | A doctor. He’s going to visit her this weekend. | 是个医生 他这周末要去看她 |
[12:36] | He’s going to Washington, D.C. | 他要去的是华盛顿特区 |
[12:43] | – Jesus, Abby. – What? | -天哪 艾比 -怎么了 |
[12:45] | You told me no one’s supposed to listen to his calls. | 你明明告诉过我你们不应该监听他的电话 |
[12:48] | Imagine you’re me, sitting at a switchboard day after day | 换做你是我 成天坐在电话接线板前 |
[12:51] | knowing what none of the other girls know. | 知道些别的女孩都不知道的事 |
[12:54] | Abby, remember what killed the cat? | 艾比 还记得什么害死猫吗 |
[13:00] | Stay out of other people’s marriages. | 别插手别人的婚姻 |
[13:08] | Do you remember the first thing you ever said to me | 还记得你在芝加哥大学的注册办公室 |
[13:10] | at the registrar’s office in Chicago? | 对我说的第一句话吗 |
[13:12] | I remember you had food in your teeth. | 我记得你牙上沾了吃的 |
[13:14] | – And you told me. – Yeah. | -而你提醒了我 -是啊 |
[13:16] | All my life, I felt like I was walking around | 我这辈子牙上好像 |
[13:17] | with food in my teeth, and no one would ever tell me. | 都沾着吃的 但从没有人提醒过我 |
[13:20] | But you have been my majordomo ever since. | 但你是我的第一个总管 |
[13:22] | – A majordomo is a butler. – I– | -总管是管家的意思 -我… |
[13:24] | Are you getting all misty-eyed on me? | 你这是对着我热泪盈眶了吗 |
[13:26] | Is this about Thatcher’s accident? | 是因为撒切尔的意外吗 |
[13:29] | It’s about me and Jeannie. | 因为我和金妮 |
[13:31] | Holy shit. You did it! | 老天 你求婚了 |
[13:33] | What did she say? | 她怎么说 |
[13:35] | You want to be the best man? | 你想当伴郎吗 |
[13:40] | Guys. Guys! | 二位 二位 |
[13:41] | They just posted the roster for G group. | 他们刚刚公布了G组的名单 |
[13:44] | None of us made the list except for you, Fritz. | 只有你上榜了 福瑞茨 |
[13:46] | Wait, wait. Me? | 等等 我上榜了 |
[13:48] | – Yeah. – Ah, so what? | -是啊 -所以呢 |
[13:49] | You want to answer directly to Charlie Isaacs? | 你想直接听命于查理·艾萨克吗 |
[13:51] | I’d rather report to a guy who reports to a guy | 我宁愿找一个得一级一级上报 |
[13:54] | who only has to see his pretty-boy face once a month. | 我一个月只用见他一面的人 |
[13:56] | I mean, we practically invented implosion. | 内爆可以说是我们一手发明的 |
[13:58] | G group’s going to test it. | 要由G组来测试 |
[13:59] | The culmination of 300 years of physics | 这可是物理学三百年来的巅峰 |
[14:01] | and we’re going to be sitting here | 我们却只能干坐着 |
[14:03] | polishing our slide rules. | 擦尺子 |
[14:05] | I’m not joining any group without you guys. | 我不会丢下你们加入任何组的 |
[14:07] | There’s more to life. | 人生不只如此 |
[14:09] | Like what? | 比如呢 |
[14:12] | Go tell her. | 告诉她 |
[14:13] | – Oh, you’re right. – Just go. | -有道理 -快去 |
[14:14] | Helen! Wait up! Wait up! Wait up! | 海伦 等等 等等 |
[14:37] | Sir? I’m sorry to interrupt. | 长官 抱歉打扰了 |
[14:41] | What is that on your face? | 你脸上那玩意儿是什么 |
[14:43] | I know it’s against protocol, | 我知道这违反了规定 |
[14:44] | but I have a rash. | 但我脸上起疹子了 |
[14:47] | I will shave right away, Sir. | 我马上去刮胡子 长官 |
[14:48] | You look like Paul on the road to Damascus. | 你看起来简直像去大马士革路上的保罗 |
[14:55] | Keep it. | 不用刮了 |
[14:58] | Yes, sir. | 是 长官 |
[15:00] | But, sir, um, we found the reporter. | 但是 长官 我们找到了那个记者 |
[15:03] | Or he found us. | 或者说 是他找到了我们 |
[15:13] | W.D. Lorentzen. | W·D·洛伦岑 |
[15:16] | I see my reputation precedes me. | 看来您已经听说过我了 |
[15:18] | Listen, I don’t suppose you could spare | 不知道您那些帐篷里 |
[15:19] | a soft drink from one of those tents? | 有没有杯汽水能请我喝 |
[15:22] | I had to walk the last mile. | 最后这一英里我可是走来的 |
[15:23] | The taxi driver wouldn’t bring me any closer. | 出租车司机不愿意送过来了 |
[15:26] | I was under the impression you preferred hard drinks. | 我以为你更爱酒呢 |
[15:28] | That you preferred them to employment | 您先后就职的三份报纸的雇主 |
[15:30] | at your last three newspapers. | 对您显然都没有酒对您重要 |
[15:32] | I see my reputation does precede me. | 看来你确实听说过我呢 |
[15:36] | Okay, then. No refreshments. | 好吧 那就不喝饮料了 |
[15:39] | Shall we talk Frank Winter? | 我们谈谈法兰克·温特吧 |
[15:41] | Whoever referred you here was misinformed. | 不管你指的是谁 肯定是你搞错了 |
[15:44] | Aw, shucks. This was the last stop on the caboose. | 得了 这里可是最后一站哎 |
[15:48] | It’s the oddest thing. | 真是奇怪呢 |
[15:49] | It seems that half of America’s physicists have just disappeared. | 感觉美国一半的物理学家都凭空消失了 |
[15:54] | Poof. Like the Rapture. | 人间蒸发 就像《欢天喜地》里那样 |
[15:57] | I imagine you’ve read the code | 我想你应该知道 |
[15:59] | of wartime practices for the American press. | 美国媒体的战时条例吧 |
[16:02] | I’m really more of a First Amendment guy. | 我更支持《美国宪法第一修正案》 |
[16:06] | See, my theory, American’s missing geniuses | 我的理论是 美国失踪的天才们 |
[16:08] | are camped right on the other side of that fence. | 都住在这道篱笆的那边 |
[16:11] | And whatever they’re up to, | 而且不管他们在搞什么 |
[16:13] | you don’t want the Krauts or my readership knowing about it. | 你都不想让德国人或者我的读者知道 |
[16:16] | So before you call in the cavalry, | 所以在你叫士兵来抓我之前 |
[16:18] | you should know that if my editor | 你最好知道我的编辑 |
[16:20] | doesn’t hear from me by press time, | 如果在发稿前得不到我的消息 |
[16:22] | there will be a special feature in tomorrow’s paper. | 那明天的报纸上就会有个特别专栏 |
[16:25] | A treasure map leading right to your doorstep. | 登着一张直指你大门的藏宝图 |
[16:29] | So tell me, | 所以说 |
[16:30] | does the name Frank Winter ring a bell after all? | 你到底想没想起法兰克·温特这个名字 |
[16:39] | Why don’t we go get you that soft drink? | 不如我请你喝杯饮料吧 |
[16:43] | Yeah. | 我看行 |
[16:46] | Attention, please. | 请注意 |
[16:47] | All vehicles entering the motor pool | 所有进入车辆调配场的机动车 |
[16:49] | must show updated vehicle passes before security parking. | 都需在安检处出示最新车辆执照 |
[17:28] | Liza. | 莱莎 |
[17:29] | Did they tell you anything about Frank? | 他们跟你说法兰克的事了吗 |
[17:31] | I was just about to come find you. | 我正要去找你呢 |
[17:33] | Are they bringing him back? | 他们会带他回来吗 |
[17:36] | You see the irony here, right? | 你明白这挺讽刺的吧 |
[17:38] | I mean, you’re asking me to risk my hide | 就是 你要我冒着暴露的风险 |
[17:41] | so that you can be reunited with your husband? | 帮你和你的丈夫团圆 |
[17:44] | Look, I don’t think he’s going | 我不认为 |
[17:46] | to be coming around the mountain any time soon. | 他能很快回来 |
[17:49] | I tried. | 我尽力了 |
[17:54] | They bought you off. | 你被他们买通了 |
[17:58] | Let’s say you’re testing a theory about hydrangeas | 假设你在论证一个关于绣球花的理论 |
[18:02] | and the theory doesn’t pan out. | 结果失败了 |
[18:05] | But in the course of experimenting | 但是在实验过程中 |
[18:08] | you find, I don’t know, | 你发现 随便说一个吧 |
[18:10] | that plants are sentient and crave human blood. | 这个植物有意识 还要喝人血 |
[18:14] | Now, are you going to go back | 现在你是要回去 |
[18:18] | and start over with the hydrangeas or– | 重新研究绣球花呢 还是 |
[18:20] | They sold you the scoop on the Gadget. | 你相信了他们关于小玩意的说辞 |
[18:26] | Is that what Frank’s life is worth? | 法兰克的命就这么点价值吗 |
[18:30] | I’ve been hired to write the official chronicle | 我已经被雇佣撰写 |
[18:33] | of the Manhattan Engineering District. | 曼哈顿工程特区正史 |
[18:35] | Unfettered access. | 最高权限 |
[18:37] | Did you tell him who gave you the tip-off about Frank? | 你告诉过他是谁向你走漏了法兰克的消息吗 |
[18:39] | I would never reveal a source, | 我绝不会披露我的信息来源 |
[18:41] | even under penalty of torture, | 就算是被拷问也不会 |
[18:43] | which, by the way, I don’t put past | 而且顺便说一句 我觉不会 |
[18:44] | that sadist of a colonel out there. | 忘记外面那个虐待狂上校 |
[18:49] | They don’t give out Pulitzers for propaganda. | 普利策奖可不是用来奖励宣传运动的 |
[19:01] | I didn’t know the Allmans had moved. | 我并不知道奥尔曼一家搬家了 |
[19:03] | And in their place you found a long-lost college chum. | 你就刚好在他们家发现了失联已久的大学密友 |
[19:06] | Imagine my surprise. | 我也挺惊讶的 |
[19:08] | Yet it wasn’t just a campus | 但你和洛伦岑先生 |
[19:09] | you shared with Mr. Lorentzen was it? | 共同的过去可不止于学校吧 |
[19:12] | I wonder how your husband would feel | 不知道听说了你和老情人的见面 |
[19:13] | about your recent visit with an old flame. | 你的丈夫会作何想法呢 |
[19:16] | Let’s call him and ask. | 不如给他打个电话问问吧 |
[19:17] | Then again, I’m old-fashioned | 但是 我挺守旧的 |
[19:18] | when it comes to the sanctity of marriage. | 尊重婚姻的神圣性 |
[19:20] | Your husband, on the other hand, | 但是 你丈夫的思想 |
[19:22] | holds a more progressive view. | 可比我先进多了 |
[19:25] | Where’s Frank? | 法兰克在哪 |
[19:26] | He lied to you, | 他骗了你 |
[19:28] | medicated you with barbiturates | 偷偷给你服用巴比土酸盐 |
[19:30] | after philandering with a woman half his age | 还和一个你一半年龄也一半智商的 |
[19:32] | and half your intelligence, | 小女孩鬼混 |
[19:34] | and yet you persist in agitating for his return. | 但你却还坚持想要他回来 |
[19:38] | You have a wife, don’t you, Colonel? | 你也有妻子 不是吗 上校 |
[19:41] | She didn’t choose to join you on the Hill? | 她没有选择和你一起来镇上吗 |
[19:45] | My wife is not well, but thank you for your concern. | 我的妻子身体不好 谢谢你的关心 |
[19:47] | And if you should vanish into the desert, | 如果你在沙漠里失踪 |
[19:49] | I imagine she would do everything in her power to find you, | 我也她也会竭尽全力寻找你的 |
[19:52] | despite your imperfections. | 就算你有诸多不是 |
[19:53] | But you didn’t do everything in your power, Dr. Winter. | 但你并没有竭尽全力 温特博士 |
[19:56] | Your daughter did. | 竭尽全力的是你女儿 |
[19:59] | Mr. Lorentzen declined to name his source, | 洛伦岑先生拒绝了披露信息来源 |
[20:02] | but the telephone company was glad to do its patriotic duty | 但是电话公司却很乐意在战时 |
[20:04] | in a time of war. | 为国尽忠 |
[20:07] | She’s only a child. | 她还是个孩子 |
[20:12] | The operator is holding an open line | 接线员已经帮我接通了 |
[20:15] | to your sister’s apartment. | 你姐姐公寓的电话 |
[20:16] | Your daughter is on the other end. | 你女儿就在电话另一端 |
[20:18] | If you want to help your family, | 如果你想救你的家人 |
[20:21] | you’re going to tell her to be a good girl. | 那就告诉她乖乖听话 |
[20:30] | The wedding china? | 用婚礼时的好瓷器啊 |
[20:32] | We never get to use it anymore. | 反正以后也没机会用了 |
[20:35] | What do I call him? | 我该怎么称呼他 |
[20:36] | Dr. Oppenheimer or Robert? | 叫奥本海默博士还是罗伯特 |
[20:40] | I told you to stay out of it. | 我说了让你别搅合 |
[20:41] | It didn’t mean invite him over. | 意思不是让你请他吃晚饭 |
[20:43] | Careers aren’t made between 9:00 and 5:00, | 事业不是朝九晚五闯出来的 |
[20:45] | they’re made between soup and dessert. | 是饭局中奠定的基础 |
[20:49] | Honey. | 亲爱的 |
[20:51] | This has nothing to do with my career… | 这和我的事业没有关系 |
[20:54] | and you know it. | 你也很清楚 |
[21:02] | Meeks had one task– to find a projector for the stag film. | 米克斯就一个任务 找放A片的投影机 |
[21:07] | I found “War Times Tiddlers,” | 我已经找到了《战时的鱼儿》 |
[21:09] | designed to stiffen the resolve of our service members. | 用来帮助参战人员坚定信念 |
[21:12] | Well, I found something way better. | 我找到了更好的东西 |
[21:14] | Wollensak Fastax eight millimeter. | 万伦莎八厘米影片摄像机 |
[21:17] | Why just watch a film when you can shoot your own? | 自己能拍片的话 还看什么电影啊 |
[21:20] | – Right? – Your own stag film? | -对吧 -你参演的小黄片吗 |
[21:22] | No. We were adapting “Auro, Lord of Jupiter” | 不 我们改编了《星球漫画》的 |
[21:26] | from Planet Comics. | 《奥罗——木星之王》 |
[21:28] | It was– it was gonna be legendary. | 这将会成为传世之作 |
[21:30] | And Meeks very graciously let me play Auro. | 米克斯诚挚地请我扮演奥罗 |
[21:33] | And I was Tara, Auro’s trusty saber-toothed tiger friend. | 而我演塔拉可信赖的朋友剑齿虎 |
[21:36] | Okay. Great character. | 好吧 角色不错 |
[21:37] | But alas, Jupiter fell to the Brits. | 不过 木星之王也败给了英国妞 |
[21:40] | This is Fritz’s swan song as a bachelor. | 福瑞茨的最后一个单身夜 |
[21:42] | You wanted to spend it in a burlap diaper. | 你想裹着麻袋尿布片渡过 |
[21:44] | Whereas I felt it might be more appropriate– | 我倒是觉得这样才比较好… |
[21:47] | – Here comes the bride. – What? | -新娘来了 -什么 |
[21:52] | Whoa, no, no, we’re not | 不不不 |
[21:52] | supposed to see each other before the wedding! | 在婚礼之前我们不能见到对方 |
[21:54] | Help! Ah! | 救命啊 |
[21:58] | I heard it was you that set up Jeannie and Fritz. | 我听说撮合金妮和福瑞茨的人是你 |
[22:01] | You got any more eligible bachelors up your sleeve? | 你手上还有别的黄金单身汉吗 |
[22:03] | Oh, it’s not your sleeve they wanna get up, believe me. | 相信我 他们只想爬上你的床而已 |
[22:07] | I thought scientists might be different. | 我以为科学家会不一样 |
[22:09] | You must be new around here. | 那你一定是新来的 |
[22:18] | Paul Crosley. I don’t believe we’ve had the pleasure. | 保罗·克罗斯利 我想我还未有幸跟你共舞 |
[22:23] | What pleasure is that? | 跳舞有什么荣幸 |
[22:24] | Well, why don’t you name a few of your favorites | 不如你点几首你喜欢的歌 |
[22:26] | and we could try them all? | 我们一首一首跳过去 |
[22:40] | Cheers. | 干杯 |
[22:45] | So you’re, uh– you’re new around here? | 你是新来的吗 |
[23:00] | Did you kill that bed sheet yourself or what? | 这床单是你亲手剪的 还是怎样 |
[23:06] | It’s all I ever want. | 我想要的只有这个 |
[23:08] | Meat, meat, meat. Robert says it’s the iron. | 肉肉肉 罗伯特说我只是缺铁 |
[23:12] | What about you, Abby? Any cravings? | 你呢 艾比 有什么想要的 |
[23:14] | Oh, it’s usually just whatever they’re out of at the commissary. | 军需供销所里没有的东西都想要 |
[23:17] | Oh, the commissary’s a disaster. | 军需供销所太差了 |
[23:19] | You should see the shopping list | 应该给你看看罗伯特出差的时候 |
[23:20] | I foist on Robert when he’s traveling. | 我给他的必买清单 |
[23:25] | You do a lot of traveling, don’t you, Dr. Oppenheimer? | 你经常出差 对吗 奥本海默博士 |
[23:30] | If I spent any more time riding the rails, | 我待在火车上的时间已经长到 |
[23:32] | they’d make me a Pullman porter. | 让别人以为我是卧铺车厢的服务员 |
[23:35] | I suppose it’s just Washington mostly | 我猜总统喊你跳下火车的时候 |
[23:37] | – when the president says jump. – Abby. | -多半都恰好是在华盛顿 -艾比 |
[23:40] | National security. | 这是国家机密 |
[23:41] | He’s heading there first thing in the morning again. | 他明天一大早又要去那里了 |
[23:45] | I haven’t been off the Hill in almost a year. | 我差不多一年没离开镇上了 |
[23:46] | I suppose I’m just trying to | 我想我大概是希望 |
[23:47] | live vicariously through someone else’s adventures. | 通过别人的经历 假装是自己亲历冒险 |
[23:50] | If Washington is your idea of an adventure, | 如果你的冒险是去华盛顿 |
[23:52] | I’m afraid cabin fever is the least of your problems. | 那我想你一定可以轻易克服幽居病 |
[24:01] | How did the two of you meet? | 你们俩是怎么认识的 |
[24:03] | You’re so perfectly matched. | 你们简直是天作之合 |
[24:05] | Well, I had just married my third husband. | 那时我刚嫁给我的第三任丈夫 |
[24:08] | Of course, Robert isn’t the type to steal a man’s wife, | 当然 罗伯特不是那种会挖别人墙角的人 |
[24:11] | so I reeled him in the old-fashioned way– | 所以我用最老套的办法缠上他 |
[24:13] | I got pregnant. | 怀孕 |
[24:14] | This one is just for good measure. | 现在肚里的这一个算是额外的 |
[24:22] | What a fascinating necktie. | 这条领带真漂亮 |
[24:23] | Is that Aladdin? | 上面的花纹是阿拉丁吗 |
[24:25] | My uncle saw his first wife right before the wedding | 我叔叔和第一任妻子在结婚前夕见了面 |
[24:28] | and then she fell off a lake steamer | 然后在去尼亚加拉大瀑布度蜜月的路上 |
[24:30] | on their way to Niagara Falls for their honeymoon, | 他的妻子从轮船上摔了下去 |
[24:32] | so I’m just saying I don’t wanna risk it. | 所以我想说 我不想冒任何风险 |
[24:36] | Cros? | 克罗斯 |
[24:37] | Hello? | 喂 |
[24:38] | Cros? Crosley, are you there? | 克罗斯 克罗斯利 你在吗 |
[24:41] | – Anyone? Hello? – Hey, forget about me, Fritzy. | -有人吗 喂 -别念着我了 福瑞茨 |
[24:44] | This is… Gloria. | 这位是格罗瑞娅 |
[24:48] | I hear you’re from Jupiter. | 我听说你从木星来 |
[24:50] | She’s all paid up. | 钱已经付清了 |
[24:51] | And let’s consider this an early wedding present. | 就当是提早送给你的结婚礼物 |
[24:53] | One more proper goring before the old bull head’s out to pasture. | 老牛出栏就差这漂亮的临门一脚了 |
[24:58] | – Why don’t you take the night off? – Wait. | -你今晚休息吧 -等等 |
[25:01] | -Thanks, Gloria. – Prins. | -谢谢 格罗瑞娅 -普林斯 |
[25:07] | Well, now you owe me $2 and a half. | 现在你欠我两块五了 |
[25:09] | What is wrong with you? | 你有毛病吗 |
[25:10] | Why won’t you be happy till everybody else | 不把大家都弄得像你一样堕落和痛苦 |
[25:12] | is as depraved and miserable as you are? | 你就不开心是吗 |
[25:14] | Says the girl who’s been crying into her cups | 就因为艾萨克不再将她视如珍宝 |
[25:16] | because Isaacs left her off his precious list. | 而埋首痛哭的女人居然说出了这种话 |
[25:18] | Suddenly you’re the protectoress of marriage? | 突然间你就变成了婚姻的卫道士 |
[25:20] | You think I would’ve made a good wife, Paul? | 你以为我会做个好太太吗 保罗 |
[25:26] | I didn’t love you. | 我不爱你 |
[25:29] | – I’m sorry. – Let’s not delude ourselves, tulip. | -对不起 -别误会 亲爱的 |
[25:31] | Love didn’t enter the equation. | 没有什么爱不爱的 |
[25:33] | You traded up for the prince of the project. | 你攀上了项目组的一把手 |
[25:36] | And look where it got you. | 瞧瞧你现在的处境 |
[25:38] | I mean, I’ve heard of birds sleeping their way to the top, | 我听说过有的女人靠一路陪睡攀上高枝 |
[25:40] | but you’re the first I know who slept their way to the bottom. | 头一回知道你这种倒贴还一路掉价的 |
[25:55] | There’s a tract in the Mojave Desert | 在莫哈维沙漠[美国加州南部]有块地 |
[25:57] | that meets all the criteria– | 符合所有的条件 |
[25:59] | flat as a pancake, | 一马平川 |
[26:00] | remote enough that no one’s gonna wander in with a picnic blanket. | 人迹罕至到连个野餐迷路的人都不会有 |
[26:03] | No Indians. | 没有印第安人 |
[26:07] | Or if you don’t like California, | 或者 如果你不喜欢加利福尼亚州 |
[26:08] | there’s the Gulf Coast, Padre Island. | 还有墨西哥湾 帕德雷岛 |
[26:11] | We’re testing a weapon of war, not building a summer house. | 我们要测试战争武器 又不是建避暑山庄 |
[26:16] | We identified a site in Colorado. | 我们在科罗拉多州发现了一个地方 |
[26:19] | Two in New Mexico. | 新墨西哥州发现了两个 |
[26:21] | The Jornada del Muerto Desert. | 死亡之旅沙漠[新墨西哥州] |
[26:24] | – It means– – “Route of the dead man.” | -意思是… -“死亡之旅” |
[26:27] | Pick one. | 你挑一个吧 |
[26:29] | You’re the director of G group. Direct. | 你是G组负责人 你说了算 |
[26:34] | I spent all day licking my wounds wondering | 我每天舔舐自己的伤口 想弄明白 |
[26:36] | what was wrong with me, | 我哪里做错了 |
[26:37] | – why I didn’t make your idiotic group. – Helen, calm down. | -为什么没能进你这破组 -海伦 冷静 |
[26:40] | And then I realized it’s not me, it’s you. | 然后我意识到了 错的不是我 是你 |
[26:48] | It is chilly in here, isn’t it? | 这里挺冷的 对吧 |
[26:51] | And you left me on the bench | 你因为自己管不住下半身 |
[26:52] | because you can’t control your hard-on? | 就让我坐冷板凳 |
[26:54] | Go home, you’re drunk. | 回家 你喝醉了 |
[26:55] | – Thank your wife for dinner. – And you! | -谢谢你妻子的晚餐邀请 -还有你 |
[26:57] | Everybody knows you were the third choice to run this project. | 所有人都知道你是项目负责人的第三人选 |
[27:00] | None of us would even be here | 如果法兰克没有说服阿尔伯特·爱因斯坦 |
[27:02] | if Frank hadn’t convinced Albert Einstein we needed a bomb. | 让他相信我们需要炸弹 我们都不会在这里 |
[27:04] | – This entire project exists because of Frank. – Helen. Hey. | -因为有法兰克才有了这整个项目 -海伦 |
[27:07] | – What are you doing? – Where is he now? | -你干什么 -他现在在哪 |
[27:10] | I had to work 10 times harder than any man to get here. | 我付出了别的男人十倍的努力才站在这里 |
[27:16] | It was just sex, Charlie. | 只是上床而已 查理 |
[27:18] | Get over it. | 别多想 |
[27:22] | Hey, I picked the best team for the job. | 我的小组挑选的是最适合这份工作的人 |
[27:31] | Remind me of her name. | 提醒我下她叫什么名字 |
[27:39] | She’s just a colleague from the tech area. | 她是技术区的一位同事 |
[27:41] | – They never stop working, do they? | -他们都不休息的 是吗 |
[27:51] | Honestly, Charlie and I are happier than we’ve ever been. | 实话说 现在我和查理比以前幸福多了 |
[27:55] | You know, with the baby and everything. | 怀着这孩子 还有其他的一切 |
[28:01] | Men always think they want a woman who really understands them, | 男人总想着要一个真正懂他们的女人 |
[28:04] | but when they get one, | 但当他们找到这样的人时 |
[28:05] | they learn what a terrible burden it is to be known. | 他们才知道被看穿是一种可怕的负担 |
[28:21] | Your husband’s not going to Washington tomorrow. | 你丈夫明天去的不是华盛顿 |
[28:24] | Oh, the Army is always changing | 军方一直会在最后时刻 |
[28:25] | Robert’s schedule at the last minute. | 改变罗伯特的行程 |
[28:28] | He’s going to San Francisco. | 他要去旧金山 |
[28:36] | You work the switchboard, don’t you? | 你是接线员 对吧 |
[28:40] | Well, I bet you overhear all kinds of secrets. | 我猜你能听到各种各样的秘密 |
[28:45] | I hear things, too. | 我也听说了不少事情 |
[28:48] | I hear you like the taste of girls. | 我听说你更爱女色 |
[28:52] | I do not need marital advice from a deviant. | 我不需要同性恋给我婚姻建议 |
[29:25] | Oh, God, uh, was I not supposed to…? | 老天 我是不是不应该 |
[29:28] | – Um, sorry. – You did great. | -抱歉 -你做得很棒 |
[29:31] | You did great. Wow. | 你也很棒 天 |
[29:34] | You’re a pro. | 你可真专业 |
[29:35] | Well, I mean– | 我是说 |
[29:37] | I’m not saying that, uh– | 我不是说那个 |
[29:39] | I mean, you’re not obviously, uh– | 我是说 你明显不是 |
[29:41] | you’re not a pro in that sense. | 你明显不是专业从事那方面的 |
[29:43] | But wait, you’re– you’re not a pro, are you? | 但等下 你不会真是职业的吧 |
[29:48] | I’ve, uh– I’ve never been asked | 从没有人在第一次约会时 |
[29:49] | if I was a hooker on a first date before. | 问我是不是妓女 |
[29:52] | Oh, God, no, well, | 老天 不是 |
[29:53] | I’m sorry, I– I didn’t mean– | 我很抱歉 我不是那意思 |
[29:55] | it’s just– it’s just, uh, | 我只是 只是 |
[29:57] | a lot of the nice girls here, | 这里有很多好女孩 |
[29:59] | like Jeannie, they sometimes– | 比如金妮 她们有时 |
[30:01] | um– wait, are we on a date? | 等下 我们是在约会吗 |
[30:05] | Yeah, sort of. | 算是吧 |
[30:06] | ‘Cause we could go on one. | 我们可以去约会 |
[30:09] | I mean, like a– a regular one, | 我是说 一次正常的约会 |
[30:11] | like to the theater. | 比如去看戏剧 |
[30:13] | Do you like the theater? | 你喜欢去戏院吗 |
[30:16] | “Young Cassius has a lean and hungry look. | 那个凯歇斯有一张消瘦憔悴的面孔 |
[30:21] | He thinks too much. | 他用太多心思 |
[30:23] | Such men are dangerous.” | 这样的人是危险的 |
[30:26] | Wow, you can recite Shakespeare? | 你会背莎士比亚 |
[30:30] | Next you’re gonna tell me | 你等下还要告诉我 |
[30:31] | you have a copy of Planet Comics number one in your purse. | 你包里装着星球漫画第一册吗 |
[30:51] | Jim. | 吉姆 |
[30:56] | Jim. | 吉姆 |
[31:10] | Just a– I’ll be out in a second. | 稍等 我马上就来 |
[31:27] | You gonna ask a girl in? | 你准备请女士进来吗 |
[31:34] | You should take up smoking. | 你应该抽支烟 |
[31:35] | Covers the smell of burnt papers. | 盖住烧纸的味道 |
[31:38] | Did they teach you that in spy school | 你在间谍学校学过这招吗 |
[31:40] | along with the use of fellatio as a tool of persuasion? | 还有用口交来收服别人 |
[31:43] | No. That I learned in high school. | 不 我在高中时就学会了 |
[31:48] | Did you want me to apologize | 你想让我道歉吗 |
[31:52] | for the blowjob? | 为口交的事 |
[31:54] | I want you to go back to wherever they found you. | 他们接触你时你在干什么 回去继续做就好 |
[31:57] | I found them, same as you. | 是我联系了他们 跟你一样 |
[31:59] | Oh, no. | 不 |
[32:01] | We are not the same. | 我们不一样 |
[32:03] | The class struggle uses whatever human material is available | 阶级斗争需要动用一切人力资源 |
[32:06] | – to fulfill its objectives. – I’m not a Communist. | -来达到最终目的 -我不是共产党员 |
[32:09] | I only reached out to your associates | 我跟你的同伴联系 |
[32:11] | because the Army shot my friend. | 只是因为军方枪杀了我的朋友 |
[32:14] | The oriental. | 那个亚裔 |
[32:16] | – I read your file. – His name was Sid. | -我看过你的档案 -他叫希德 |
[32:18] | Do you think that they would have killed Sid | 你觉得如果希德生为白种人 |
[32:21] | if he’d looked like you? | 还会被杀吗 |
[32:24] | If you’re not a Communist, | 如果你不是共产党员 |
[32:26] | why are you risking your own neck to give them a bomb? | 你为什么要冒生命危险告诉他们炸弹的情报 |
[32:28] | Not a bomb, the bomb. | 不是炸弹 是原子弹 |
[32:32] | It’s– it’s the queen. | 就好比 好比皇后 |
[32:35] | Do you– | 你 |
[32:37] | do you ever play chess? | 你会不会下象棋 |
[32:39] | The queen is the most powerful piece on the chessboard. | 皇后是棋局中实力最强的棋子 |
[32:42] | That’s what we’re building here | 我们就是在为军方造这种炸弹 |
[32:44] | for an army that shoots its own citizens. | 但他们却枪杀自己祖国的同胞 |
[32:49] | If we are the only ones who have it, | 如果世界上只有我们有这种炸弹 |
[32:51] | we’ll probably blow up the world. | 很可能会将地球炸为灰烬 |
[32:54] | But if– | 但如果 |
[32:55] | if Stalin has a bomb in his pocket, too, | 如果斯大林也有这种炸弹 |
[32:59] | the game ends in a draw. | 大家就打成平手 |
[33:01] | It’s a stalemate. Nobody dies. | 陷入僵持 不会有人因此送命 |
[33:06] | I was trying to do the right thing. | 我只是想做正确的事 |
[33:09] | No, you were. | 你确实做得很对 |
[33:11] | – You still are. – Really? | -现在也是 -真的吗 |
[33:14] | Didn’t feel that way | 我可不这么觉得 |
[33:15] | when I was shoving a body in the trunk of a Buick. | 当我把尸体塞进别克车后备箱的时候 |
[33:19] | What? | 什么 |
[33:20] | Did they leave that detail out of my file? | 我的资料里没写这些细节吗 |
[33:23] | Your comrade killed a guy two feet away from me. | 你的革命同志在离我半米远的地方杀了人 |
[33:27] | Now I can’t sleep at night. | 现在我晚上根本睡不着 |
[33:37] | – Who was it? – I don’t know. | -杀了誰 -我不知道 |
[33:39] | It was military intelligence. It doesn’t matter. | 是军方的特工 这无关紧要 |
[33:41] | I’m all through with the class struggle. | 我受够阶级斗争这一套了 |
[33:48] | They’re expecting weekly reports | 他们想让你每周上交报告 |
[33:51] | and I’m supposed to deliver them. | 由我来转送 |
[33:52] | Yeah, well, I hope they don’t shoot the messenger. | 是嘛 希望他们别枪杀了送信人 |
[33:57] | You don’t get it. | 你不明白 |
[33:59] | They killed a government agent. | 他们杀了位政府特工 |
[34:01] | What do you think they’re gonna do to a dropout from Pittsburgh | 你觉得他们会如何处理一位中途退出的匹兹堡人 |
[34:06] | or to a scientist who’s got cold feet? | 或是临阵退缩的科学家 |
[34:18] | Even if– | 即便是 |
[34:19] | even if I wanted to help, | 即便是我想帮忙 |
[34:22] | the project’s been reorganized, | 项目重组了 |
[34:24] | I’m on the C team. I don’t have access anymore. | 我被分在C组 没有权限了 |
[34:27] | Not to the kind of information they want. | 接触不到他们想要的情报 |
[34:31] | Well, you’re the genius. | 你是天才 |
[34:34] | Right? | 对吧 |
[34:36] | What are we gonna do? | 我们该怎么做 |
[34:58] | You know, | 你知道 |
[34:59] | when Helen Prins showed up here, that was, uh– | 海伦·普林斯之前来这儿 是为了 |
[35:02] | that was about the test we’re planning. | 是为了我们计划要做的测试 |
[35:04] | – I promise you have nothing to worry about. – I know. | -我向你保证没什么可担心的 -我知道 |
[35:11] | Aside from that, “Mrs. Lincoln,” | 除了那个 “林肯夫人” |
[35:14] | it was a lovely evening. | 昨晚一切都很完美 |
[35:21] | You should have Robert Oppenheimer’s job. | 罗伯特·奥本海默的职位应该由你做 |
[35:37] | Spy killer on guard duty. | 让间谍杀手来站岗 |
[35:41] | The Colonel must be scared of this broad. | 看来上校很怕这女的 |
[35:46] | Have fun with Mrs. Winter. | 跟温特太太好好玩吧 |
[36:12] | 海伦·普林斯博士 因为你在专业领域的杰出贡献 以及有着成为一名杰出领导的巨大潜力 我希望你能有机会在新的岗位继续你重要的研究工作 请考虑接受领导一个新的研究小组的工作 | |
[36:30] | – You sure about this? – Yeah, trust me. | -你确定吗 -对 相信我 |
[36:34] | I got ’em from one of the Indian maids. | 我从一个印第安女佣那弄来的 |
[36:36] | She makes them herself. This is real silver. | 她自己做的 是纯银的 |
[36:42] | Yeah. | 挺好 |
[36:44] | That’ll work. | 跟你很搭 |
[36:47] | You got any last advice before I walk the plank? | 在一切还能挽回时还有什么最后建议吗 |
[36:54] | Well, | 我想想 |
[36:57] | yes, as a matter of fact. | 实际上 确实有 |
[37:05] | You should take the assignment with G group. | 你应该接受去G组工作的任命 |
[37:08] | It doesn’t matter what you think of Charlie Isaacs. | 你对查理·艾萨克有什么意见都不要紧 |
[37:10] | This test– | 这测试 |
[37:13] | this test is the start of a whole new era. | 这测试拉开了新时代的帷幕 |
[37:17] | This is like Auro’s interplanetary cruise ship | 就好比奥罗的星际战舰 |
[37:20] | crash-landing on Jupiter. | 坠毁在木星上 |
[37:23] | I don’t know, I– | 我不知道 我 |
[37:25] | I just– I don’t need the prestige. | 我只是 不在乎出名什么的 |
[37:27] | Maybe most guys do, but– | 也许大多数人在乎 但 |
[37:28] | You have food in your teeth. | 你牙缝里卡了食物 |
[37:32] | I am telling you the truth, buddy. | 只有我告诉你实话 伙计 |
[37:34] | No one else is gonna. | 不会有其他人这么做 |
[37:37] | You cannot let an opportunity like this pass you up. | 你不能白白放弃这种大好机会 |
[37:44] | I ju– it’s just– | 我只是 只是 |
[37:46] | I like working with you. | 我喜欢跟你共事 |
[37:48] | I wouldn’t know what to do without you. | 没有你我不知道该怎么办 |
[37:52] | That’s, | 所以 |
[37:54] | that’s why you’re gonna convince Isaacs | 所以你得说服艾萨克 |
[37:55] | to put me on the team, too. | 也招我进组 |
[37:58] | You know my work. He’ll listen to you. | 你知道我的研究进展 他会考虑你的话 |
[38:02] | Let’s go to Jupiter together. | 让我们一起朝木星进发 |
[38:08] | Bombs away. | 开始轰炸 |
[38:11] | Bombs away. | 开始轰炸 |
[38:15] | Well, here we go. | 开始吧 |
[38:19] | Crosley, wait up. | 克罗斯利 等下 |
[38:58] | Do you have any idea what kind of a man you’re working for? | 你知道你的长官到底是哪种人吗 |
[39:04] | You say you love Callie? | 你说你爱凯莉 |
[39:07] | This is quite a way of showing it. | 这示爱方式还真特别 |
[39:12] | Callie drove to Canada this morning with her aunt. | 今早凯莉和她姨妈一起开车去了加拿大 |
[39:15] | She’s safe. | 她很安全 |
[39:21] | You spoke to her? | 你跟她通过电话 |
[39:23] | Colonel lets me use his phone to talk to my folks | 上校允许我在他外出时用他的电话 |
[39:25] | when he’s out and no one monitors the line. | 联系我的朋友们 那电话没人监听 |
[39:30] | What other perks do you get for turning me in? | 出卖我还让你得了什么好处 |
[39:38] | – Crystal City, Texas. – What’s that? | -德克萨斯州克里斯托市 -那是什么 |
[39:42] | Your next plum assignment? | 你的下趟美差吗 |
[39:46] | It’s where they’re keeping your husband. | 你丈夫被他们关在那里 |
[39:52] | And why should I take your word for that? | 为什么我要相信你 |
[39:57] | You don’t have to. | 相不相信随便你 |
[40:00] | I can get you as far as the Lamy train depot. | 我最远能把你送到拉米火车站 |
[40:16] | All right. You’re good to go. | 好了 你可以走了 |
[40:18] | – Have a good evening. – You have a good night. | -晚安 -晚安 |
[40:39] | 1939年4月 塞内卡瀑布疗养院 | |
[41:01] | It’s called dance therapy. | 这叫舞蹈疗法 |
[41:04] | When we’re focused on our feet, | 当我们专注于舞步 |
[41:06] | we’re distracted from our brains. | 就不会胡思乱想 |
[41:07] | The body is spinning, the mind is still. | 身体在旋转 思想就很平静 |
[41:09] | My wife doesn’t need waltzing lessons. | 我妻子不需要学跳华尔兹 |
[41:12] | It’s been three months. I’ve yet to hear a diagnosis, | 已经三个月了 还没人告诉我诊断结果 |
[41:14] | much less a prognosis. | 都是些预后分析 |
[41:16] | It’s fascinating, really. | 让人着迷 真的 |
[41:18] | – The science is so new. – Psychiatry, is it a science? | -是最新的科研结果 -精神病学算科学吗 |
[41:24] | Dr. Winter, would you like to discuss this privately? | 温特博士 你想跟我私下谈吗 |
[41:26] | – No, I wouldn’t. – The treatment takes time, Frank. | -不 不想 -治疗需要时间 法兰克 |
[41:29] | Yes, but do you feel better? | 没错 但你感觉好些了吗 |
[41:32] | Every week you’re less yourself. | 每一周你都越来越不像你自己 |
[41:34] | Self is a fluid concept. | 自我是个见仁见智的概念 |
[41:36] | – Often in the first year of treatment… – The first year? | -在治疗开始第一年 通常 -第一年 |
[41:40] | I can understand | 我明白 |
[41:41] | why certainties would be appealing to a man in your field. | 在你的领域你们很重视确定性 |
[41:44] | Isn’t there a superego somewhere | 应该有个超我人格 |
[41:45] | that requires your attention, Doctor? | 需要你去治疗吧 医生 |
[41:49] | Would you come with me right now? | 你想现在跟我离开吗 |
[41:51] | We’ve barely begun the psychoanalysis. | 我们还没开始做精神分析呢 |
[41:53] | We have a lot of work to do. | 还有很多治疗要做 |
[41:54] | Your work is out there. | 你该做的事不在这里 |
[41:57] | Dr. Winter, perhaps we might look at a– | 温特博士 也许我们应该考虑 |
[41:58] | We can leave Ithaca. | 我们可以离开伊萨卡 |
[42:00] | – We can make a fresh start. – Have you been fired again? | -我们可以重新开始 -你又被解雇了吗 |
[42:02] | Any sudden change at this stage of her treatment– | 在现在治疗阶段 任何突然改变对她 |
[42:04] | In the last month, I have fielded recruiting calls | 上个月 我接到了三所大学的 |
[42:07] | from three universities. | 招聘电话 |
[42:09] | My vote is Princeton, but it’s your decision. | 我喜欢普林斯顿 但决定权在你 |
[42:12] | It’s your career. | 这是你的事业 |
[42:13] | Liza, they’re recruiting you. | 莱莎 他们是想聘用你 |
[42:17] | – Liza. – Princeton will give you a dedicated lab. | -莱莎 -普林斯顿会帮你建专属实验室 |
[42:21] | Dr. Winter, let’s continue this discussion in my office. | 温特博士 我们去我办公室详谈 |
[42:25] | It’s not you that’s sick. | 生病的不是你 |
[42:28] | It’s this place. | 是这个地方 |
[42:36] | And don’t forget we have the Friedmans at 6:00. | 别忘了我们六点在弗雷德曼有预约 |
[42:38] | I know it’s downtown, but I don’t wanna hear it. | 我知道它在市中心 但我不想听你抱怨 |
[42:40] | Not after you dragged me | 特别是在你拖我 |
[42:41] | to Bensonhurst for that supper last week. | 上周去本森赫斯特吃晚饭后 |
[42:46] | You with a beard. | 你留着胡子 |
[42:48] | Now that’s something I’ll never cotton to. | 我可不喜欢留胡子的你 |
[42:52] | Office hours are Mondays at 4:00. | 办公时间是每周一四点 |
[42:55] | I’m afraid it can’t wait. | 恐怕等不了那么久 |
[43:05] | Good to see you, Glen. | 很高兴见到你 格兰 |
[43:07] | I’d ask how on earth, | 我本想问你怎么办到的 |
[43:10] | but I don’t want to know. | 但我不想知道细节 |
[43:13] | Miriam, this is Dr. Liza Winter. | 梅丽安 这位是莱莎·温特博士 |
[43:15] | We were on the same scientific retreat last year. | 我们去年一起参加了科学研讨会 |
[43:19] | In Quebec. | 在魁北克 |
[43:20] | I hope you fared better than Glen in all that snow. | 我希望你没像格兰一样被大雪折磨得那么惨 |
[43:23] | Worse, actually. | 其实比他还惨 |
[43:26] | Miriam, would you give us a minute? | 梅丽安 能让我们单独谈谈吗 |
[43:28] | It was nice to meet you. | 很高兴认识你 |
[43:36] | That’s my companion. | 那是我的伴侣 |
[43:38] | The provost’s sister. | 院长妹妹 |
[43:41] | Seems as though you landed on your feet. | 不过看来你已经站稳脚跟了 |
[43:45] | Don’t be fooled. | 别上当了 |
[43:47] | The pyramids look grand, too, | 金字塔也看起来很宏伟 |
[43:48] | but they’re still tombs. | 但它们也只是坟墓而已 |
[43:50] | Every physicist worth a title | 每一位有所建树的物理学家 |
[43:52] | is back where we both came from. | 都留在我们刚离开的地方 |
[43:54] | Glen… | 格兰 |
[43:57] | Frank’s in trouble. | 法兰克有麻烦了 |
[44:01] | Heavy is the head, eh? | 身负重担 夜不能寐吗 |
[44:03] | What, he send you here to crib my calculus notes? | 怎么 他派你来偷我的微积分笔记吗 |
[44:06] | Frank never took that job. | 法兰克没接那工作 |
[44:09] | He disappeared same time you did. | 你离开的同时他也消失了 |
[44:12] | I think he’s in Texas. | 我认为他在德克萨斯 |
[44:15] | What the hell’s in Texas? | 德克萨斯有什么好呆的 |
[44:16] | A Department of Justice internment camp. | 司法部的再安置营 |
[44:24] | Look, one thing I know about Frank, | 听着 对法兰克我能肯定一点 |
[44:27] | he always manages to find a chair when the music stops. | 当音乐停止时 他总能抢到椅子 |
[44:31] | This one might be electrified. | 这次椅子很可能是通电的 |
[44:35] | Helping your husband is what landed me back here in purgatory. | 就是因为帮你丈夫 我才会沦落到这里受苦 |
[44:39] | There are things that you don’t know, Liza. | 有些事你不明白 莱莎 |
[44:41] | I know that Frank dragged me across that desert | 我知道法兰克拖着我穿过那沙漠 |
[44:44] | so that you two could build an atomic bomb. | 是为了让你们俩能建造原子弹 |
[44:48] | Is there anything else? | 还有别的吗 |
[44:54] | I’m sorry. | 我很抱歉 |
[44:56] | A long time ago, | 很久以前 |
[44:59] | I was stuck in a place that I didn’t belong. | 我困在一个我本不该待的地方 |
[45:02] | I almost forgot who I was | 我几乎忘却了自己是谁 |
[45:04] | and then Frank remembered. | 但法兰克记得 |
[45:07] | Whatever happened between you two, whatever he did, | 不论你们之间发生了什么 不论他做过什么 |
[45:10] | that is not him. | 那都不是他自己 |
[45:11] | That place, that bomb turned him into someone else. | 那个地方 那个炸弹将他变成了另一个人 |
[45:21] | I don’t have any strings left to pull. | 我已经没有门路可走了 |
[45:27] | What would Frank do? | 法兰克会怎么做 |
[45:51] | He’s expecting you. | 他在等你们 |
[46:13] | Dr. Einstein. | 爱因斯坦博士 |
[46:16] | I believe you know my husband. | 我相信你认识我丈夫 |