时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:03] | Dr. Oppenheimer has asked me to run the new group. | 奥本海默博士把新组交给了我来管理 |
[00:05] | How soon can you deliver? A month? A year? | 你多久能做出成果来 一个月还是一年 |
[00:08] | Oppenheimer picked you because he knows that he can control you. | 奥本海默选你是因为他知道他能控制你 |
[00:11] | You’re the director of G group. Direct. | 你是G组负责人 你说了算 |
[00:14] | I spent all day wondering why I didn’t make your idiotic group | 我花了一整天想为什么没能进你这破组 |
[00:17] | And you left me on the bench | 你因为自己管不住下半身 |
[00:18] | because you can’t control your hard-on? | 就让我坐冷板凳 |
[00:20] | Remind me of her name. | 提醒我下她叫很么名字 |
[00:20] | 海伦·普林斯博士 因为你在专业领域的杰出贡献 以及有着成为一名杰出领导的巨大潜力 我希望你能有机会在新的岗位继续你重要的研究工作 请考虑接受领导一个新的研究小组的工作 | |
[00:22] | There was a time | 有段时间 |
[00:23] | when I hoped crosley would take a shine to my daughter. | 我甚至希望克罗斯利能爱上我女儿呢 |
[00:29] | If you’re not a communist, | 如果你不是共产党员 |
[00:31] | why are you risking your own neck to give them a bomb? | 你为什么要冒生命危险告诉他们炸弹的情报 |
[00:34] | You know, if Dr. Winter were in less than comfortable circumstances, | 要是温特博士之前的处境并不太好 |
[00:38] | I would worry they may not improve after today’s events. | 我恐怕在今天之后也不会有所改善 |
[00:41] | I can get you as far as the Lamy train depot. | 我最远能把你送到拉米火车站 |
[00:46] | I had a dream you jumped up | 我梦到你跳起来 |
[00:48] | and licked my thighs. | 舔我的腿 |
[00:50] | Robert Oppenheimer’s having an affair. | 罗伯特·奥本海默出轨了 |
[00:52] | Abby, stay out of other people’s marriages. | 艾比 别插手别人的婚姻 |
[00:54] | Your husband’s not going to Washington tomorrow. | 你丈夫明天去的不是华盛顿 |
[00:57] | I do not need marital advice from a deviant. | 我不需要同性恋给我婚姻建议 |
[01:01] | You should have Oppenheimer’s job. | 奥本海默的职位应该由你做 |
[01:09] | “Batter my heart, three-personed god, | “击碎我的心 三位一体的神 |
[01:12] | for you as yet but knock, breathe, shine | 你却只轻轻敲打 低声细语 惠我光芒 |
[01:15] | and seek to mend. | 意欲修补 |
[01:18] | That I may rise and stand, | 若想我傲然挺立 |
[01:19] | overthrow me and bend your force | 便毁灭我 使出神力 |
[01:22] | to break, blow, burn | 鞭笞 狂吹 灼烧 |
[01:24] | and make me new.” | 让我重获新生” |
[01:31] | Batter my heart, o’ two-person’d boy. | 击碎我的心吧 二位一体的男孩 |
[01:34] | For you as yet but cover your loins | 而你却只顾遮掩肚腩 |
[01:36] | and abandon me. | 抛弃我 |
[01:38] | They expected me on the hill two days ago. | 他们两天前就让我回去了 |
[01:41] | No one’s abandoning you. | 没人要抛弃你 |
[01:45] | I’ll die if you leave. | 你要是走了我会死的 |
[01:58] | I’m gonna miss the 4:10. | 我要错过4:10的火车了 |
[02:01] | Do you believe in reincarnation? | 你相信转生吗 |
[02:03] | Dr. Inessa says you and I have been traveling together for lifetimes. | Inessa医生说你和我已经在一起几辈子了 |
[02:07] | You told your psychiatrist about me. | 你把我的事告诉精神病医生了 |
[02:08] | I’ve been your daughter, your brother, your wife. | 我曾当过你的女儿 哥哥 妻子 |
[02:11] | You gave birth to me in a European ghetto. | 你曾在欧洲贫民窟生下我 |
[02:13] | You murdered me… | 你还杀过我 |
[02:15] | Dozens of times. You enjoyed it. | 好几次呢 你还很享受 |
[02:22] | What do you want from me? | 你到底想让我干什么 |
[02:25] | Same thing that you want. | 和你想干的一样 |
[02:27] | Hold me down under the water. | 把我按在水里 |
[02:31] | Do it. | 按吧 |
[02:34] | Do it. | 快按 |
[02:37] | Do it! | 让你按 |
[03:26] | What am I looking at? | 这是什么 |
[03:27] | Request for a declaration of taking property 112, | 请求征用112号财产的申请 |
[03:30] | Maria Capo-Berryman Ms. Maria Capo-Berryman, | |
[03:32] | – tract b-31 quadrant– – English. | -b-31区象限 -说人话 |
[03:34] | We need to buy this lady’s farm so we can blow it up. | 我们得买下这位女士的地好把它炸了 |
[03:37] | The judge is a hard-ass. | 法官不好搞 |
[03:38] | He wants to know why we’re trying to stiff her. | 他想知道我们为什么要骗她 |
[03:39] | I thought this went away. | 我以为这事已经搞定了 |
[03:40] | She claims the land is worth $750. | 她声称那片土地值750块 |
[03:43] | The army appraised it at $744. | 军方估价744块 |
[03:45] | And the army can’t pony up six bucks? | 军方拿不出六块钱吗 |
[03:47] | There are 43 of these. Today. | 这种事今天就有43起 |
[03:48] | – Tomorrow there could be– – Jesus. | -明天会有… -天哪 |
[03:50] | Dr. Isaacs, I need an ETA | 艾萨克博士 我想知道 |
[03:51] | – on the machine tools. – Just, uh, take a number. | -机器工具还要多久 -先记着 |
[03:54] | Um, where are the updated x-ray studies? | 新的X射线研究报告呢 |
[03:56] | – On your desk. And if I could– – No calls. | -在你桌上 -别接电话进来 |
[04:06] | Jesus, Nancy, I said no calls! | 老天 Nancy 我说了别把电话接进来 |
[04:12] | So… What do we tell the judge? | 我们要怎么回复法官 |
[04:15] | Right. Tell him that I said | 告诉他我说了 |
[04:17] | that he can wipe his ass with the declaration of taking. | 他可以带着征用申请滚蛋了 |
[04:19] | Tell him that this eminent domain is imminent, | 告诉他我们迫切需要这块地 |
[04:22] | – And tell Ms. Caperberry– – Capo-Berryman– | -告诉Caperberry -Capo-Berryman |
[04:24] | To take her $744 or she can take up her grievances | 要么收钱卖地 要么就跟谢尔曼坦克 |
[04:28] | with the business end of a sherman tank. | 发牢骚去吧 |
[04:30] | We don’t have time for this. | 我们没时间烦这事了 |
[04:31] | God damn it! What? | 见鬼 什么事 |
[04:33] | Blasphemy doesn’t suit you. | 侮辱上帝可不适合你 |
[04:35] | Uh, Dr. Oppenheimer, sir. Sorry. | 奥本海默博士 长官 对不起 |
[04:38] | You’re too high up on the chart for “Sirs” And “Sorries.” | 你现在的职位不需要说长官和对不起 |
[04:41] | Yeah, well, uh, things have been a little hectic here. | 现在事务很多很繁忙 |
[04:43] | I thought you’d be back on Tuesday. | 我以为你周二回来 |
[04:45] | There have been some unexpected delays. | 出了些事拖延了 |
[04:47] | We can’t afford any more delays. | 我们没时间拖下去了 |
[04:49] | We’ve missed the last three interim delivery dates. | 我们已经连续错过三个中期运送日期了 |
[04:51] | That’s why I need your hand on the tiller, Charlie. | 所以我才让你来掌舵 查理 |
[04:53] | Sir, I think we need to split the governing board | 我认为我们应该分管 |
[04:55] | into administrative and scientific divisions. | 行政和科学部门 |
[04:58] | Cuts everyone’s obligations by half, | 让每个人的义务减半 |
[05:00] | and it frees me to run the technical staff. | 这样我就有空去带领技术员工了 |
[05:03] | Then do it. | 那就去做吧 |
[05:04] | I– I don’t– I don’t think | 我觉得 |
[05:06] | it’s my place to reconfigure the board. | 我没有权限去改革 |
[05:08] | Only you have the authority. | 只有你有这个权力 |
[05:09] | I’m granting you the authority, Charlie. | 我赋予你这个权利 查理 |
[05:11] | Assert it. Do whatever you must. | 接受它 该怎么做就怎么做 |
[05:14] | If it helps to pretend you’re me, pretend. | 要是假设你是我有用的话 就那么干 |
[05:17] | That’s what I do. | 我就是这么做的 |
[05:39] | First off, I’d like to thank you all | 首先 我想谢谢大家 |
[05:41] | for being punctual | 能准时来参加 |
[05:42] | on our first official morning | 枪组的第一次 |
[05:43] | as the gun group. | 正式早会 |
[05:45] | I’m sure many of you | 我知道你们很多人 |
[05:46] | would rather be working on implosion. | 更愿意研究内爆 |
[05:49] | You may feel your talents have been overlooked– | 你们可能觉得自己的天赋被埋没了 |
[05:52] | Like the younger sibling living in implosion’s shadow. | 就像躲在内爆阴影里的弟弟妹妹 |
[05:58] | But Charles Darwin was a younger sibling | 但查尔斯·达尔文也不是长子 |
[06:00] | and so was America. | 美国也不是 |
[06:01] | There’s no question implosion is a beautiful solution, | 内爆无疑是个很美好的解决方法 |
[06:06] | But beauty does not win wars. | 但美好赢不了战争 |
[06:08] | Wars are won by blunt force, brutality. | 只有无情地蛮力才能胜利 |
[06:12] | Guns, not beauty, have won every war | 枪不美好 但却赢得了 |
[06:16] | since the Chinese invented black powder. | 中国发明火药以来的所有战争 |
[06:18] | Guns liberated this country from the British, | 枪从英国人手上解放了美国 |
[06:20] | They liberated Europe in the last world war. | 它们从一战中解放了欧洲 |
[06:23] | A gun also liberated Reed Akley’s brain. | 里德·奥克利的脑子也是枪解放的 |
[06:27] | Thin Man was a gun-type weapon | 瘦子是一个基于上千年的 |
[06:29] | based on a thousand years of ballistic science. | 弹道科学而生的枪型武器 |
[06:30] | You’ve got a barrel, you’ve got a projectile. | 你们研制出了射筒 射弹 |
[06:32] | Now, we all know Thin Man failed– | 我们都知道瘦子计划失败了 |
[06:35] | Is that what we’re doing here? | 我们就是为这个来的吗 |
[06:37] | Resurrecting a cadaver? | 复活已经失败的计划 |
[06:38] | The problem with Thin Man wasn’t the gun. | 瘦子计划的问题不在于枪式模型 |
[06:41] | It was the bullet– plutonium. | 而是子弹 钚 |
[06:43] | But if we swap plutonium for uranium, | 如果我们把钚换成铀 |
[06:46] | the gun design can work. | 枪式模型的设计就奏效了 |
[06:47] | And we are going to make it work together. | 我们一起努力让它成功吧 |
[06:52] | Thank you, Helga. | 谢谢 海尔格 |
[06:54] | Nothing quickens the pulse at the start of a day’s work | 没有什么能比一大早开始工作之前 |
[06:56] | like the sight of a lady with a pistol. | 看到一位拿着枪的女士更让人心跳加速的了 |
[06:59] | Sadly, all the gumption of American industry | 可惜的是美国工业的全部努力 |
[07:01] | won’t enrich enough uranium to blow up a privy. | 都做不到让铀炸翻一间厕所 |
[07:05] | Not before 1950 at least. | 至少1950年前是不可能了 |
[07:07] | We few, we unhappy few, | 我们这些人 不开心的这些人 |
[07:10] | have gathered here to wank out numbers | 聚集这里 浸淫计算 |
[07:13] | until the implosion group gets its ticker-tape parade. | 直到内爆小组张灯结彩欢庆成功的那一天 |
[07:16] | As head of the gun group, I can assure you | 作为枪式小组的负责人 我敢保证 |
[07:18] | we will not be wanking anything. | 我们没有乱搞任何东西 |
[07:20] | Ah. Head of the gun group, yes. | 枪式小组的负责人 没错 |
[07:22] | One of those snappy claques | 也就是向炮弹部门部长做汇报工作的 |
[07:24] | that reports to the chief of the projectile division. | 那群打着官腔溜须拍马的人之一 |
[07:27] | Ah, there’s his name, Dr. William Hogarth. | 这有他的名字呢 威廉·贺加斯博士 |
[07:32] | Who’s for elevenses? Back in two hours? | 来吃午前茶点的 俩小时后再回来吧 |
[07:58] | So… | 那么 |
[08:01] | Is this a case of the clerical miscarriage | 是书记员送错文件了 |
[08:03] | or sadistic prank of the gods? | 还是上帝开的恶劣的玩笑 |
[08:05] | Well, surely you didn’t pick me. | 你没有选我 |
[08:06] | I wouldn’t have picked you in the full flower of your talents, | 我都不会在济济人才中选上你 |
[08:10] | much less this wilted state. | 更别提我们这枯萎的国度了 |
[08:13] | Well, then, perhaps you’d entertain a request | 也许你可以接受一位旧友 |
[08:14] | for a favor for old times’. | 寻求帮助的请求 |
[08:17] | It’s not in my power to transfer you to the test group. | 我无权让你进测试小组 |
[08:20] | Yeah, but you can sack me. | 没错 但是你能解雇我 |
[08:22] | Mm, off the project. Send me packing for good. | 把我踢出项目 把我永远地赶走 |
[08:27] | – For what cause? – Truancy, insubordination. | -理由呢 -玩忽职守 违抗命令 |
[08:30] | Whatever insults your daughter suffered at my hands. | 你女儿被我刁难辱骂过 |
[08:36] | Take your pick. | 随便挑一个 |
[08:37] | Attention– SED team three | 请注意 SED三号小组 |
[08:39] | is in Building U, Room 106. | 已经抵达U栋106室 |
[08:43] | When you come across a wounded buck, | 当你遇见一只受伤的鹿 |
[08:47] | the sporting thing to do is shoot it. | 应该做的 就是击毙它 |
[08:51] | Please. | 拜托了 |
[08:52] | You’ve never been on a shoot, have you, Paul? | 你从来没开过枪 对吧 保罗 |
[08:55] | At close range, the muzzle flash ruins the flesh for eating. | 近距离射击时 枪口火舌会毁了肉质的口感 |
[08:59] | No, I think I’ll savor this meal. | 我不想这样 我要好好享受这顿大餐 |
[09:08] | The closest thing we have to a medical reference at home | 我们家里最具有医疗参考价值的东西 |
[09:11] | is the Talmud. | 是《犹太法典》 |
[09:14] | It’s sort of like a Hebrew “Farmer’s Almanac.” | 有点像希伯来人的《农用年历》 |
[09:21] | Apparently, there are five different colors of female blood | 似乎有五种不同的女性血液的颜色 |
[09:23] | the Rabbis consider to be unclean– | 被拉比视为是不洁的 |
[09:25] | Red, black, bright crocus, | 红色 黑色 番红花色 |
[09:29] | earthy water, and diluted wine. | 泥水混合的颜色 还有稀释了的葡萄酒的颜色 |
[09:33] | Let’s call it “Earthy water.” | 那这个应该是”泥水的颜色” |
[09:36] | Is that bad? | 情况不好吗 |
[09:38] | Well, I’m no Rabbi, but I think the AMA would say | 我不是拉比 不过美国医学协会会诊断为 |
[09:40] | it’s an indication of overly vigorous intercourse. | 有过于激烈的性交的迹象 |
[09:44] | Maybe just ask Dr. Isaacs to go easy for a few days. | 大概要请艾萨克博士忍耐一段时间 |
[09:52] | Nurse! | 护士 |
[09:54] | Can I get some help in here, please? | 能过来帮帮我吗 拜托了 |
[09:57] | Nurse? | 护士 |
[10:05] | Kill the spider. Please kill it. | 弄死这只蜘蛛 请弄死它 |
[10:10] | Don’t let it get away. Just do it. Please. | 别让它跑了 快杀了它 拜托了 |
[10:14] | Oh, thank you. | 谢谢 |
[10:26] | Joey was born on the fourth floor of Beth Israel. | 乔伊是在以色列贝丝医院四楼出生的 |
[10:29] | Her mother would be horrified | 她妈妈要是知道她的第二个外孙 |
[10:31] | if she knew how her second grandchild would be born. | 是在哪里出生的 一定吓死了 |
[10:33] | If my mother saw this place, she’d find it | 如果我妈见了这地方 她会发现 |
[10:35] | the least horrifying thing about me. | 这是我最不吓人的事情了 |
[10:44] | The doctor says they’re not real contractions. | 医生说 并没有真正的宫缩 |
[10:49] | I told him I’m not leaving | 我说 除非他把孩子弄出来 |
[10:50] | until he takes this thing out of my womb. | 否则我不走 |
[10:52] | Does Dr. Oppenheimer know you’re here? | 奥本海默博士知道你在这吗 |
[10:55] | I can put a call through to Washington. | 我可以打电话到华盛顿去 |
[10:58] | We both know that’s a fool’s errand. | 我们俩都清楚 打电话是没用的 |
[11:03] | Well, at least let me get the nurse. | 至少让我去叫下护士 |
[11:04] | I don’t need anyone to hold my hand. | 我不需要谁来握住我的手 |
[11:07] | I’m royalty. | 我是皇室 |
[11:09] | I’ve lived on relief checks. | 也曾靠救济度日 |
[11:11] | I’ve lost a husband to war and others to lawyers. I’ve– | 战争夺走了我的一任丈夫 其他的则是离婚 |
[11:14] | I’ve seen the elephant before. | 什么世面都见过了 |
[11:18] | They say the, uh– the first baby is the hardest. | 他们说 生第一个孩子的时候最难了 |
[11:24] | Was your son difficult? | 你生你儿子的时候 艰难吗 |
[11:28] | Robert’s leaving me. | 罗伯特要离开我了 |
[11:46] | Charlie! | 查理 |
[11:48] | Abby, what’s wrong? | 艾比 怎么了 |
[11:50] | – Is Joey okay? – Yeah. | -乔伊没事吧 -没事 |
[11:55] | The Oppenheimers are splitting up. | 奥本海默两夫妻要离婚了 |
[11:58] | – Abby? – What? | -艾比 -怎么 |
[11:59] | I told you to leave it alone. | 我和你说了别掺和这事 |
[12:01] | Today, of all days, I do not have time for gossip. | 今天 这几天 我没时间听小道消息 |
[12:04] | It’s not gossip, it’s intelligence. | 这不是小道消息 是情报 |
[12:07] | Kitty told me herself. | 夫人亲口告诉我的 |
[12:08] | What did she tell you, exactly? | 她原话是怎么和你说的 |
[12:10] | She said he’s leaving her for that woman | 她说 他为了那个在旧金山的共产党女人 |
[12:11] | in San Francisco, the communist. | 要离开她 |
[12:13] | He’s with her right now. | 他现在就和她在一起 |
[12:18] | What, he told you he was having lunch with Roosevelt? | 怎么 难道他和你说他正和罗斯福共进晚餐吗 |
[12:20] | Charlie, this is your chance. | 查理 这是你的机会 |
[12:23] | For what? | 什么机会 |
[12:26] | Well, it– it’s not just his family he’s abandoning. | 他抛弃的可不止是家庭而已 |
[12:30] | He’s leaving the project. | 他要离开项目 |
[12:32] | No, Abby. You must’ve misunderstood. | 不 艾比 你一定是误会了 |
[12:34] | – Robert wouldn’t do that. – Don’t do that. | -罗伯特不会这么做的 -别这样 |
[12:36] | I understand perfectly. | 我很清楚 |
[12:37] | He’s dropping the reins in your lap. | 他正在把控制权交到你手上 |
[12:39] | The fate of the war, Charlie. | 战争的命运 查理 |
[12:41] | You’re already doing Oppenheimer’s job. | 你已经在做着奥本海默的工作了 |
[12:43] | It’s time you had the title. | 是时候让你名至实归了 |
[12:51] | Nancy? | 南希 |
[12:53] | I’ve reduced men three pay grades for calling me less. | 不尊重我的头衔的人的薪酬等级都被我降了三级 |
[12:56] | Colonel. | 上校 |
[12:58] | What can I do for you? | 需要我做什么吗 |
[13:03] | What’s that smell? | 这什么味道 |
[13:06] | Did you tell Judge Foster Clements | 是你让福斯特·克莱门茨法官 |
[13:08] | to wipe his ass with the declaration of taking forms? | 用声明书擦屁股的吗 |
[13:13] | – Did he really? – I don’t know. | -他真这么干了 -我不知道 |
[13:15] | Could be his dog’s, could be his wife’s. | 没准是他的狗的 或者是他老婆的 |
[13:18] | The taxonomy of feces is outside my purview. | 排泄物的分类可不在我的职责范围之内 |
[13:23] | It was a poor choice of words. | 是我措辞不当 |
[13:26] | All due respect, Colonel, | 恕我直言 上校 |
[13:29] | wrangling local judges– it’s not my purview. | 和地方法官辩论 也不是我的职责范围 |
[13:32] | It’s Dr. Oppenheimer’s. | 是奥本海默博士的 |
[13:34] | Well, until one of you geniuses | 除非你们这些天才里有谁 |
[13:35] | manages to bend the laws of space-time, | 能成功扭转时空规则 |
[13:38] | he can’t be here and in Washington simultaneously. | 他不可能同时既在这里 又在华盛顿 |
[13:42] | So you’ll have to be his surrogate. | 所以你就是他的代理人 |
[13:43] | Right. Washington. | 对 华盛顿 |
[13:46] | And he might be there a while. | 他可能会在那待一段时间 |
[13:48] | Operation Overlord is in motion. | 霸王行动已经开始 |
[13:50] | Overlord? It’s happening now? | 霸王行动 现在就要开始了 |
[13:53] | Which is why we can’t abide snafus like this. | 所以我们没法容忍这种混乱的局面 |
[13:55] | Hitler’s backed into a corner. | 希特勒已是强弩之末 |
[13:57] | He’ll accelerate his project. | 他会加速研制计划 |
[13:58] | We have to keep pace. | 我们不能落后 |
[14:02] | We might need some reorganization. | 我们可能需要重组 |
[14:05] | What exactly are you proposing? | 你到底想提议什么 |
[14:07] | I think the tech area org chart | 我觉得技术区的组织结构 |
[14:09] | might be outside of your purview also, Colonel. | 好像也不属于你职责范围吧 上校 |
[14:16] | Do you know why the General chose Robert Oppenheimer? | 你知道为什么将军选择了罗伯特·奥本海默吗 |
[14:20] | He dines with Cabinet members, | 他与内阁成员聚餐 |
[14:22] | smokes cigars with Cochiti Indians. | 与科奇蒂印第安人一起抽雪茄 |
[14:25] | Rides stallions with governors, | 与政府官员一起骑马 |
[14:27] | takes target practice with enlisted men. | 与军人一起练习射击 |
[14:29] | Oppenheimer keeps the trains running | 奥本海默用他的巧舌和魅力 |
[14:32] | with salesmanship and charm. | 保证一切正常运行 |
[14:34] | I haven’t seen much of that lately. | 这些我最近可没看到 |
[14:36] | And without jeopardizing the project, | 而且在不破坏研究进度的情况下 |
[14:38] | by asking a Judge to defecate | 说服一位法官斥责 |
[14:40] | on U.S. Code 40, subsection 3114. | 《美国法典》第40卷3114节 |
[14:45] | There isn’t a physicist on God’s earth who could replace him. | 没有哪位物理学家能取代他 |
[15:05] | Winter. | 温特 |
[15:09] | You have some pretty fancy friends. | 你的朋友们还挺厉害的 |
[15:15] | Clean yourself up, for Chris’sakes. | 好好洗洗吧 老天 |
[15:50] | Martha. How– how did you…? | 玛莎 你怎么 |
[15:56] | Is it– is it… | 是不是… |
[15:58] | is the war over? | 战争结束了吗 |
[16:01] | Yours is. | 对你而言是的 |
[16:28] | President Roosevelt… | 罗斯福总统 |
[16:30] | ringing up the warden in that tenth circle of hell. | 打给了那个统治十八层地狱的监狱长 |
[16:33] | Wish those spooks had recorded that. | 希望那帮混蛋保留了电话录音 |
[16:36] | It wasn’t Franklin. | 不是富兰克林打的 |
[16:39] | You said Einstein called the white house. | 你说是爱因斯坦给白宫打了电话 |
[16:40] | It was Eleanor. | 是埃莉诺[当时的第一夫人] |
[16:43] | She handles the lost causes. | 她负责收拾残局 |
[16:52] | Frank, you need to slow down. | 法兰克 慢点 |
[16:57] | I know. | 我知道 |
[17:02] | I tried to keep myself sane remembering your hands. | 我一直靠回忆你的手让自己的神智保持清醒 |
[17:06] | Every line… | 每一条纹路 |
[17:09] | every pruning scar. | 每一处伤疤 |
[17:14] | I should’ve kept you and Callie out of this. | 我不应该把你跟凯莉卷进来 |
[17:19] | So the Princeton house is rented. | 普林斯顿的房子已经租出去了 |
[17:21] | But that Craftsman down the street | 但街上那家木匠风格的房子 |
[17:23] | is back on the market again. | 又空置出来了 |
[17:24] | – I already talked to the realtor. – Liza– | -我已经跟租房中介谈过 -莱莎 |
[17:27] | And then we can visit your father on the way home. | 我们回家时可以顺路去看看你父亲 |
[17:29] | I’m so sorry. | 我很抱歉 |
[17:34] | You don’t have to apologize. | 你不用道歉 |
[17:38] | I have to go back to the Hill. | 我得回镇上 |
[17:43] | You just escaped from a prison. | 你刚从监狱里逃出来 |
[17:45] | You– you want to break back into one? | 又想往另一座监狱里闯 |
[17:50] | We’re never going back to that place. | 我们永远都不回那地方 |
[17:51] | No… No, I… | 不 不是 我 |
[17:54] | I don’t expect you to come with me. | 我并不想要你跟我一起回去 |
[17:56] | Known details. | 已知细节 |
[17:57] | All figures to follow are best known estimates. | 接下来提到的数字来自被普遍认可的估计 |
[18:01] | There is a new front in the war in Europe. | 欧洲最新战报 |
[18:03] | 156,000 allied soldiers have landed in northern France. | 156000同盟国士兵已在法国北部登陆 |
[18:09] | The invasion is still in its earliest hours, | 登陆行动还只是刚刚开始 |
[18:12] | but all indications point to a promising start | 在近100千米的锋线上 所有迹象都表明 |
[18:14] | along the approximately 60-mile front. | 我们在开局占尽先机 |
[18:18] | Casualties have been lighter than expected | 德军并未马上还击 |
[18:20] | with no signs of immediate retaliation… | 所以伤亡人数比预期中要低 |
[18:22] | I’ve got a half brother out there slaughtering Heinies. | 我有个同父异母的兄弟正在那里消灭德军 |
[18:25] | I’m sitting here like a woman. | 我却像个女人一样坐在这里 |
[18:26] | Don’t flatter yourself. | 别把自己想得太好了 |
[18:30] | Turn it off. | 把收音机关掉 |
[18:31] | – The show must go on. – For how long? | -戏还会继续唱下去 -还要多久 |
[18:34] | We’re– we’re taking Europe. Isn’t class dismissed? | 要攻下欧洲了 我们不是该就地解散了吗 |
[18:36] | Not until the last Jap is eating apple pie with his chopsticks. | 只要世上还剩一个日本人 我们就还没完 |
[18:40] | I’ve been asked to send a liaison to Site X | 有人要我派联络员去X工厂 |
[18:43] | to oversee the enrichment of their marvelous uranium. | 去监管他们的铀浓缩过程 |
[18:46] | I spent three years at Site X. | 我在X工厂待了三年 |
[18:48] | I know the staff. I’d be glad to go. | 对那的工作人员很了解 我愿意去 |
[18:50] | As head of the gun group, it should be my responsibility. | 作为枪式小组的组长 这应该是我的责任 |
[18:53] | Nothing so poignant as idle ambition. | 最悲惨的事莫过于怀才不遇了 |
[18:56] | But if you two insist on a duel… | 但如果你们都同时坚持要去 |
[18:59] | I meant to weigh in on the relative merits | 我本应该对三个有同等级缺陷的提纯技术 |
[19:01] | of three equally deficient refinement techniques. | 进行相对价值评估 |
[19:04] | Best proposal buys you a ticket on the Chattanooga Choo Choo. | 谁的提议更好 火车票就归谁 |
[19:10] | Why would you want to leave the Hill? You just got here. | 你为什么想离开镇上 你才刚到这 |
[19:12] | Did take a bit longer than I’d hoped. | 确实比我想象中要久 |
[19:15] | But if the war is almost over, | 但如果战争马上就要结束 |
[19:16] | I can’t pass up a chance for a final promotion now, can I? | 我可不能错过最后的升职机会 对吧 |
[19:25] | Hitler will dig in, probably for months. | 希特勒会掘壕固守 可能还要几个月 |
[19:28] | And every day he does, the Army pumps Oppenheimer | 只要他还没投降 军方就会向奥本海默 |
[19:31] | or Isaacs, the whole senior staff, full of their lies. | 或艾萨克和所有高级员工灌输他们的谎言 |
[19:33] | “Imminent threats,” V2 over New York, | 危机迫在眉睫 V-2火箭飞达纽约 |
[19:36] | cities of ruins. | 多座城市被夷为平地 |
[19:38] | They’ll say anything to build that thing faster. | 为了加速制造过程 他们什么鬼话都会说 |
[19:40] | Racing an imaginary German project. | 追赶想象中的德国计划 |
[19:41] | Yeah. Trust me, | 没错 相信我 |
[19:44] | all I want is to come with you to Princeton. | 我只想跟你一起回普林斯顿 |
[19:48] | But you’re the only man who can fix this. | 但只有你能修正这一切 |
[19:52] | Have you ever wondered why | 你有没有想过 为什么 |
[19:54] | you’re always the only man for the job? | 你总是那工作的最佳人选 |
[19:56] | It’s just a few days. That’s all I need. | 几天就好 仅此而已 |
[19:59] | There are hundreds and thousands of soldiers | 有成千上万的士兵 |
[20:01] | hurling themselves up those beaches, | 在欧洲海滩上英勇奋战 |
[20:02] | but Frank Winter thinks he’s the only man | 但法兰克·温特认为只有他 |
[20:04] | who can save the world alone. | 才能拯救世界 |
[20:07] | You know Glen warned me about this. | 格兰警告过我你会这么做 |
[20:10] | In 1939, you thought you were the only man | 1939年 你认为只有你 |
[20:12] | who could set this ball rolling. | 才能让行动开始 |
[20:13] | Now in 1944, you’re the only one | 现在到了1944年 只有你 |
[20:15] | who can stand in its way. | 才能阻止这场行动 |
[20:17] | This time it’s different. | 这次不一样 |
[20:20] | You know, I’m not gonna chauffeur you back up that Hill. | 我可不会开车把你送回那镇上 |
[20:22] | You want it so bad, you can hitchhike. | 既然你这么想去 就搭便车去吧 |
[20:25] | I apologize. | 打扰下 |
[20:26] | Big doin’s today. | 今天可是个大日子 |
[20:28] | Y’all finished or you want something more? | 你们都吃完了 还是想再点别的 |
[20:33] | That, uh… | 那辆 |
[20:36] | that Model A you got out there. | 你那边停的那辆福特A型车 |
[20:38] | It says there’s a contest. | 上面写着那是竞赛奖品 |
[20:41] | Will it get me as far as New Mexico? | 它能让我开到新墨西哥州吗 |
[20:43] | Jesus, Frank. | 老天 法兰克 |
[20:44] | All you gotta do to win it is beat Red’s own record | 只要打破雷德的喝德州辣酱汤记录 |
[20:46] | for eating Texas red chili. | 就能赢走它 |
[20:47] | But I should warn you– no one’s ever done it, | 但我得警告你 记录一直无人能破 |
[20:50] | and the chili’s two bucks if you lose. | 如果你输了就得付两美元汤钱 |
[20:52] | Well, since yesterday I was starving to death. | 既然昨天我还处于快饿死的状态 |
[20:55] | I kinda like my chances. | 我觉得赢的可能还是不小的 |
[20:57] | All right. | 好吧 |
[20:58] | Papa, Sonny, bucket of Texas red. | 老爹 Sonny 来桶德州辣酱汤 |
[21:01] | Comin’ right up, mama. | 马上来 老妈 |
[21:08] | You had no right to keep a secret that big. | 你无权保守那么大的秘密 |
[21:10] | I had no choice. | 我别无选择 |
[21:12] | Because you took an oath? | 因为你发过誓 |
[21:13] | You broke every rule in the Army handbook except one. | 你违反了除了这条外的所有军方规定 |
[21:16] | What does that make me? The exception that proves the rule? | 这把我置于何地 用来证实规则的例外吗 |
[21:38] | Is Red human? | 雷德是人吗 |
[21:39] | No, sir. That’s him right there… | 不 先生 那就是它 |
[21:42] | a Berkshire hog. | 一头巴克夏猪 |
[21:49] | Here are the latest details as we now grasp them. | 这是我们最新获得的战报 |
[21:51] | While landing along the beaches of France continue even now, | 就在盟军部队登陆法国海滩 |
[21:55] | dodging enemy fire along the shore, | 躲避海岸线上敌军战火的同时 |
[21:58] | Prime Minister Churchill informed the House of Commons… | 丘吉尔首相通知英国下议院 |
[22:00] | Lady of Norfolk had a baby this morning. | 诺福克女爵士今早诞下一位婴孩 |
[22:02] | Called her “Dee day.” | 为她取名为”曼陆” |
[22:04] | Spelled D-e-e Day. | 诺曼底的曼 登陆的陆 |
[22:08] | Ain’t that cute? | 是不是挺好听 |
[22:11] | Naming your daughter after a land war? | 用登陆战为女儿命名啊 |
[22:14] | It’s adorable. | 真可爱 |
[22:26] | You’re not as chatty as the last mail girl. | 你没有上个送信女兵那么爱聊天 |
[22:51] | How did you get in here? | 你怎么进来的 |
[22:52] | Spycraft. | 间谍秘籍 |
[22:54] | I told the janitor I was your cousin. | 我告诉看门人我是你的表哥 |
[22:56] | I have one aunt. | 我就一位姨妈 |
[22:57] | I’m pretty sure she’s a virgin. | 我很确定她还是处女 |
[23:00] | You’ve been listening to the news? | 你听新闻了吗 |
[23:01] | I have bigger news. | 我有更重大的新闻 |
[23:03] | For us, anyway. | 不过是对我们而言 |
[23:08] | – Charlie Isaacs is gunning for Oppenheimer’s job. – What? | -查理·艾萨克想取代奥本海默 -什么 |
[23:12] | Yeah, Frank was just the warm-up act. | 对 踢走法兰克只是他的热身而已 |
[23:13] | Now he’s got Oppie in his crosshairs. | 现在他的枪口瞄准了奥本海默 |
[23:16] | You remember what happened to Julius Caesar | 你还记得在3月15日 尤利乌斯·恺撒 |
[23:18] | on the Ides of March? | 出了什么事吗 |
[23:20] | No, I only read the first 10 pages. | 不知道 我只读了前十页 |
[23:24] | Charlie thinks that he can win the war by himself. | 查理认为他能自已打赢这场战争 |
[23:26] | He pulled me and Fritz in to make his case for him. | 他选了我和福瑞茨来助他一臂之力 |
[23:31] | Well… then make it. | 那就帮他一把 |
[23:34] | What? | 什么 |
[23:35] | This is good for us. | 这对我们有利 |
[23:38] | If Charlie Isaacs overthrows Oppenheimer, | 如果查理·艾萨克夺了奥本海默的位置 |
[23:40] | it sets the schedule back, right? | 就会让进度减慢 对吧 |
[23:42] | I guess so. | 应该是吧 |
[23:42] | The longer that it takes anyone to deliver a weapon, | 研发武器的时间越长 |
[23:45] | the less chance anyone has of dropping it | 就越没有可能在战争结束前 |
[23:47] | over a city full of kids before the war is over. | 将炸弹投到一座满是孩子的城市 |
[23:50] | You wanna save lives, right? | 你想减少伤亡 对吧 |
[23:57] | So talk Charlie into it. | 那就劝查理放手去干 |
[24:02] | Uh, you are not Gretchen. | Gretchen不住这啊 |
[24:04] | Two doors down. | 隔壁的隔壁 |
[24:06] | Sorry. | 抱歉 |
[24:11] | We have to set some ground rules. | 我们得设立些基本规则 |
[24:14] | We can’t be seen like this. | 不能被别人看见我们这样在一起 |
[24:15] | Well… so, what? | 那怎么办 |
[24:17] | We just pass notes in the hall? | 在大厅里传纸条吗 |
[24:19] | Like grade school? | 像上小学时那样 |
[24:22] | We have to limit our contact. | 我们得减少会面次数 |
[24:23] | If– if anyone asks, we, um… | 如果 如果有人问起 我们 |
[24:27] | we had a one-night stand. | 我们有过一夜情 |
[24:28] | It was a bad match. | 发现两人不是很合适 |
[24:35] | Though since we are… | 既然现在我们 |
[24:38] | bending the rules. | 已经打破规矩了 |
[24:40] | This could be our last hurrah for a while. | 这可能是近段时间我们狂欢的唯一机会 |
[24:44] | – Stop. – Why? | -别这样 -为什么 |
[24:48] | Because we’re cousins? | 因为我们是表兄妹吗 |
[24:51] | Don’t be an altar boy, Jim. | 别跟个祭坛侍童似的 吉姆 |
[24:54] | I am the only one on the Hill that knows what you really are. | 我是这镇上唯一一个了解你真实身份的人 |
[24:58] | And you’re the only one who knows what I am. | 而你是唯一一个知道我真实身份的人 |
[25:02] | And if I wasn’t? | 如果我不是呢 |
[25:06] | Does it really matter? | 这真的要紧吗 |
[25:30] | They’re not gonna let you back on the Hill. | 他们不会让你重回镇上的 |
[25:32] | You think it was hard getting out? | 你以为离开是最难的吗 |
[25:34] | I have to try. | 我得放手一试 |
[25:54] | I’ll take you to the bottom of the Hill. | 我把你送到山下 |
[25:57] | But I go no further. | 但绝不会多送 |
[25:59] | There’s no question our efficiency takes a nosedive | 毋庸置疑在奥本海默离开的时间里 |
[26:01] | when Oppenheimer is off campus. | 我们的效率大打折扣 |
[26:03] | 89% of targets met to 81% when he’s away. | 他离开后目标完成率从89%降到了81% |
[26:08] | But if, God forbid, we lost him entirely, | 但如果我们完全失去他 老天保佑别发生 |
[26:11] | we’d hit zero. Zilch. | 效率就会降到0 鸭蛋 |
[26:13] | Oppenheimer is the reason we have triple A priority. | 只有奥本海默能让我们拥有三A级特权 |
[26:15] | You think we’d slip to AA-1? | 你觉得我们降到二A一级了 |
[26:17] | AA-2. We wouldn’t have the metals or the machine tools | 二A二级 等到1946我们都弄不到 |
[26:21] | that we’d need to build a prototype until 1946. | 制造炸弹测试原型所需要的金属或是机床 |
[26:24] | If we have any chance of hitting our targets, we need Oppie. | 我们要想要达成目标 非奥本海默不可 |
[26:27] | We need him on the hill full-time. | 我们需要他全程坐镇 |
[26:29] | And never mind what happens if the Germans accelerate. | 更不用提如果德国人加速研制会怎样 |
[26:32] | Yeah, but that’s not accounting for Stan Musial. | 对 但你没考虑斯坦·穆休[美国职业棒球球员]效应 |
[26:36] | Do you remember, | 你记不记得 |
[26:37] | remember last year when the Cardinals lost | 去年圣路易斯红雀队在合同未满时 |
[26:39] | Enos Slaughter to the service? | 痛失Enos Slaughter |
[26:41] | Yeah, of course. I’m from St. Louis. | 当然 我就是圣路易斯人 |
[26:42] | Right. Everybody thought you guys were cooked. | 好 所有人都以为你们要玩完了 |
[26:44] | But you put Musial in right field | 但你们派了穆休做右外野手 |
[26:46] | and you won the Pennant by 18 games. | 18场比赛后你们就拿下了分区冠军 |
[26:49] | Now, we’re all assuming that no one can replace Oppenheimer, | 现在 我们都认为没人能代替奥本海默 |
[26:53] | but what if we had a Musial, | 但如果我们有穆休这号人物呢 |
[26:56] | someone equal to Oppenheimer or better? | 能代替奥本海默甚至做得更好 |
[26:59] | For all we know, we could be testing by March. | 如果一切顺利 我们就能在三月做测试 |
[27:02] | But the Cards still lost the series. | 但红雀队仍输了世界大赛 |
[27:04] | By moving Musial to right, | 让穆休去守右野 |
[27:06] | they had no one to replace him in left. | 他们在左野就无人替补 |
[27:08] | I mean, maybe if Frank was still here, you would have a case, | 我是说如果法兰克还在这 也许你说得能行 |
[27:10] | – but otherwise… – This stays between us. | -否则 -别把这些话传出去 |
[27:20] | I need to speak with Dr. Oppenheimer now. | 我现在需要跟奥本海默博士通话 |
[27:21] | Can you get him on the phone, please? | 你能帮我给他打个电话吗 |
[27:23] | No. But I can get you a map. | 不行 但我能跟你拿张地图 |
[27:38] | Why didn’t you tell me you were back? | 为什么你没告诉我你回来了 |
[27:43] | Is Kitty asking for me? | 凯蒂找过我吗 |
[27:45] | Everyone’s asking for you. | 所有人都在找你 |
[27:48] | The two divisions insist on meeting with you before they split, | 他们一定要见过你才愿意被拆分为两个部门 |
[27:51] | and the Munitions Board won’t raise urgency standings | 军械联合委员会见不到你的签名 |
[27:54] | without your sign-off. | 就不召开紧急听证会 |
[27:55] | Also, apparently, I pissed off | 还有 很明显我惹怒了 |
[27:57] | Judge Clements of Santa Fe County. | 圣达菲县的Clements法官 |
[28:00] | Clements. You should invite him to my stable. | Clements 你应该邀请他去我的马厩 |
[28:03] | He loves gelding horses. | 他特喜欢阉马 |
[28:05] | I don’t mean horses that have been gelded. | 我不是指已经被阉割过的马 |
[28:07] | He loves the specific act of gelding a horse. | 他就是喜欢为马阉割的过程 |
[28:11] | Jesus. Do you hear yourself? | 老天 你知道自己在说什么吗 |
[28:14] | It’s one thing to play the Oriental sage, | 扮演东方哲人是一码事 |
[28:16] | it’s another to smoke the opium. | 吸鸦片是另外一码事 |
[28:19] | Do we have a problem, Dr. Isaacs? | 你对我有什么意见吗 艾萨克博士 |
[28:22] | You were here nine days in all of May. | 你五月就在这里待了九天 |
[28:25] | None in June. | 六月根本没出现 |
[28:26] | I can’t do my job when I’m doing yours. | 我顶替着你 就没法做我自己的工作 |
[28:30] | Don’t you want my job? | 你不想要我的职位吗 |
[28:31] | That’s what everyone thinks, including my wife, | 所有人都这么想 包括我妻子 |
[28:34] | But they’re wrong. | 但他们错了 |
[28:35] | I-I want you to want your job. | 我希望的是你自己想要你的职位 |
[28:45] | This is where it will happen… | 将会在这里进行 |
[28:47] | Your test. | 你的测试 |
[28:49] | Where the caldera opens up and swallows the world. | 在这里岩浆将破土而出 吞噬全世界 |
[28:53] | It’s your test, Robert. | 这是你的测试 罗伯特 |
[29:00] | So, that’s it. You’re, uh, really walking away? | 这么说到此为止了 你真要离开了 |
[29:04] | I’ll be alerting General Groves that you are my successor. | 我会告诉格鲁乌斯将军你是我的继任者 |
[29:07] | No, I don’t accept. | 不 我不接受 |
[29:10] | It’s D-day. | 今天是诺曼底登录 |
[29:13] | 75,000 American soldiers | 75000名美国士兵 |
[29:16] | are throwing themselves into enemy fire, | 将生死置之度外 冲向敌人的炮火 |
[29:19] | and you’re abandoning ship. | 而你却要当逃兵 |
[29:19] | You think Overlord wouldn’t have happened without Eisenhower? | 你以为霸王行动没有艾森豪威尔就没法成功吗 |
[29:22] | You’re wrong. | 你错了 |
[29:24] | “Great men”? | 伟人们 |
[29:26] | Pasteboard masks. | 徒有虚名而已 |
[29:27] | I know you were in San Francisco. | 我知道你去了在旧金山 |
[29:31] | Take a mistress. What do I care? | 去找个情妇 我不在乎 |
[29:32] | Take a whole harem if it gets you through the day. | 组个后宫都没问题 只要能让你正常工作 |
[29:35] | But you have got to get through the day. | 但你必须得能正常工作 |
[29:37] | Oh, to finish the Gadget? | 为了完成小玩意吗 |
[29:39] | So that we win the war? | 然后我们才能赢得战争胜利 |
[29:41] | Then lord it over our allies in peace. | 然后在和平时期用它来威慑我们的盟国 |
[29:44] | Wave it under Stalin’s nose if he gets rowdy. | 在斯大林闹腾时用来吓唬他 |
[29:47] | That sounds pretty red. | 听起来很有红色烙印啊 |
[29:49] | – Careful, Charlie. – This woman, whoever she is, | -别乱说话查理 -那女的 不论她是谁 |
[29:53] | she’s a communist, isn’t she? | 她是共产党员 对吧 |
[29:54] | She’s planting ideas in your head. | 她给你洗脑了 |
[29:59] | Her name is Jean. | 她叫Jean |
[30:04] | Look, I haven’t been perfect, either. | 听着 我也并不完美 |
[30:07] | I was with another woman, I cared about her, | 我跟别的女人在一起过 我很在乎她 |
[30:09] | but– but I have a family. | 但是 但我还有家庭 |
[30:14] | – So you ended it. – Yes, I ended it. | -所以你结束了一切 -对 我做了了结 |
[30:19] | If that was in your power, | 如果那是由你主导的 |
[30:22] | then you have no early idea how I feel. | 那你根本不了解我的感受 |
[30:51] | What do you think of Winnifred? “Win” for short. | 你觉得叫Winnifred怎么样 小名叫Win |
[30:55] | A triumphant name for a postwar baby. | 为战后出生的宝贝取个庆祝胜利的名字 |
[30:58] | It was Joey’s idea. Like “Winnie the Pooh.” | 是乔伊的主意 就好比维尼熊 |
[31:05] | – You had a long day. – I was with Robert. | -今天挺累吧 -我见罗伯特去了 |
[31:08] | He’s back. What did he say? | 他回来了 他怎么说 |
[31:11] | You were right. | 你说的没错 |
[31:14] | He wants me to take over. | 他想让我接管 |
[31:16] | I knew it. | 我就知道 |
[31:18] | Charlie, I’m so proud of you. | 查理 我真为你骄傲 |
[31:20] | Abby, there’s nothing to celebrate. | 艾比 没什么好庆祝的 |
[31:21] | You are worse than my father. | 你比我父亲还糟 |
[31:23] | If it were up to him, he’d be selling hats | 要是有他做主 他早就在60号高速沿途 |
[31:25] | out of the back of a truck on Route 60. | 开着卡车兜售他的帽子了 |
[31:27] | But, luckily, my mother had a little more faith in his product. | 但幸运的是 我母亲对他的产品更有信心 |
[31:30] | For the millionth time… | 说第一万遍 |
[31:33] | I’m not a businessman. | 我不是生意人 |
[31:35] | Well, no, but you have the best products on the market– | 当然不是 但你拥有市场上最抢手的产品 |
[31:38] | – Your brain. – For Christ’s sake, my brain | -你的头脑 -老天 我的头脑 |
[31:40] | can’t requisition b-29 bombers, Abby. | 连B29轰炸机都申不到 艾比 |
[31:43] | Or keep Senator Truman and his cronies | 或是阻止Truman参议员和他的盟友 |
[31:46] | from shutting off the money tap. | 砍掉我们的经费 |
[31:48] | Only Oppenheimer can do that. | 这些只有奥本海默能做到 |
[31:50] | Well, if Robert thinks that you can steer the project– | 如果罗伯特认为你能掌控这个计划 |
[31:52] | I don’t think he cares if I steer the project | 我觉得如果我把整个计划搞砸了 |
[31:55] | right into the Rio Grande. | 他根本不会在乎 |
[31:58] | This is bad, Abby. | 这很不妙 艾比 |
[32:02] | – Okay. – Without Oppenheimer, | -好吧 -没有奥本海默 |
[32:04] | his connections, the game’s over. | 没有他的人脉 一切玩完 |
[32:10] | Well– well, then we have to change his mind. | 那我们就得让他改变主意 |
[32:13] | We can’t do anything. | 我们无计可施 |
[32:17] | You think we’re some kind of a team | 你以为我们组成了一个团队 |
[32:18] | just ’cause you know about the Gadget? | 就因为你知道小玩意的事 |
[32:21] | I just spent the last hour in the middle of nowhere | 我之前花了整整一个小时 站在荒郊野地里 |
[32:24] | wasting my breath trying to convince the man to stay. | 白费力气 就为了劝那个人留下 |
[32:31] | Maybe you’re wasting your breath | 也许你确实是白费力气 |
[32:33] | on the wrong person. | 你搞错了对象 |
[32:37] | If that’s true, someone has to do something. | 如果真是如此 总得有人做点什么 |
[32:54] | Your attention, please. | 大家请注意 |
[32:56] | Today’s Allied Casualty List. | 今天的盟军伤亡名单 |
[33:00] | The thought of all those boys cut down in their prime. | 那些孩子夭折在大好年华真是可惜啊 |
[33:03] | You know, Clark Gable enlisted after his wife’s plane crashed. | 克拉克·盖博在他妻子飞机失事后应征入伍了 |
[33:07] | Yes. | 真的 |
[33:09] | Uh, he– he was very good in “Boom Town.” | 他在《新兴都市》里演得不错 |
[34:07] | Hello? | 喂 |
[34:09] | Hello. | 你好 |
[34:11] | Am I speaking with the lady of the house? | 是这家的夫人在跟我通话吗 |
[34:13] | This is, uh, Doris Lombard with “Redbook Magazine.” | 我是《锐步》杂志社的Doris Lombard |
[34:17] | Well, I’m the only one here. | 这家里还有我一个人 |
[34:18] | I suppose that makes me the lady. | 我猜我应该算是整个家的夫人吧 |
[34:21] | Unmarried. Perfect. | 你未婚 太好了 |
[34:23] | We are conducting a survey | 我们在做个调查 |
[34:24] | what the modern girl looks for in a man. | 想知道现代女性更看重男人的哪个方面 |
[34:28] | May I have your name and initial? | 能告诉我你的名字和姓的缩写吗 |
[34:31] | My name is Jean. Initial “T.” | 我叫Jean 姓缩写是T |
[34:35] | What a sensible name. | 真是个感性的名字 |
[34:38] | Now, do you have a gentleman, | 那么你现在有男朋友 |
[34:40] | or do you prefer to play the field? | 还是更倾向于游戏人间 |
[34:44] | There’s no field, | 没有什么游戏人间 |
[34:46] | just 3,000 miles between conjugal visits. | 只有相隔五千千米的异地相守 偶尔探望 |
[34:49] | Sounds like a strain. | 听起来很难维持啊 |
[34:52] | How do you keep the fireplace stoked with this… gentleman? | 你怎么样保持跟这位男士之间的激情呢 |
[34:56] | We talk on the telephone. | 我们会打电话 |
[34:58] | Sometimes we swallow each other whole. | 有时我们恨不得生吞了对方 |
[35:02] | Don’t you ever worry he might be stepping out on you? | 你就不担心他会出轨吗 |
[35:07] | I know he is with his wife. | 我知道他现在就跟老婆在一起 |
[35:10] | Oh, a married man. That’s risky. | 已婚人士 很冒险啊 |
[35:13] | You’re hovering. | 你们可以走了 |
[35:16] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[35:23] | I’m so sorry to come by at a time like this. | 不好意思这种时候来打扰你 |
[35:26] | It’s about Robert. | 我想跟你说说罗伯特 |
[35:28] | I’m four centimeters dilated | 我已经开了四厘米 |
[35:29] | and he’s packing his steamer trunks. | 而他正在打包行李 |
[35:31] | What else do you want to know? | 你还想知道什么 |
[35:32] | Please. I need you to reason with him. | 拜托了 我需要你去和他讲讲道理 |
[35:34] | He won’t listen to me. | 他根本不听我的 |
[35:37] | He tried to murder a man once. | 他之前试图杀过一次人 |
[35:41] | Did you know that? | 你知道那事吗 |
[35:42] | His physics tutor at Cambridge. | 是他在剑桥的物理老师 |
[35:44] | He was upset over a paper, | 就因为一篇论文让他不爽 |
[35:46] | so he dipped an apple in cyanide and left it on the man’s desk. | 他就把泡过氰化物的苹果放在了老师桌上 |
[35:51] | Like Snow White. | 就像《白雪公主》里那样 |
[35:52] | – That’s– – certifiable? | -那可真是… -脑子有病 |
[35:53] | She makes him look like the model of mental health. | 跟她比 他简直太正常了 |
[35:57] | Jean is out of her mind | Jean完全疯了 |
[35:58] | and that’s why he can’t resist her. | 所以他才无法抗拒她 |
[36:00] | You want me to reason with him? | 你想让我和他讲道理 |
[36:04] | For five years I have been my husband’s straightjacket, | 过去五年我一直把我丈夫看得很紧 |
[36:06] | and he’s finally slipped out of it. | 他现在终于脱身了 |
[36:10] | What about your reputation? | 那你的名声怎么办 |
[36:11] | Don’t you worry about what might happen if word got out? | 一旦事情传出去 你不担心会出什么事吗 |
[36:14] | I try not to associate with the kind of people | 我通常不跟那些 |
[36:16] | who value reputations. | 看重名声的人打交道 |
[36:19] | Well, what about your gentleman friend? | 那你的那个绅士朋友呢 |
[36:22] | Don’t you think the affair might affect his career? | 你不觉得这段婚外情会毁了他的事业吗 |
[36:30] | This isn’t a survey, is it? | 咱们不是在做问卷调查吧 |
[36:38] | I know what you are. | 我知道你是什么人 |
[36:41] | Seducing him with pornographic sonnets | 用你那些文艺小黄诗 |
[36:44] | and Freudian nonsense. | 和弗洛伊德鬼话来勾引他 |
[36:47] | Who is this? | 这是谁 |
[36:50] | He’s about to have another child, | 他很快就会再有个孩子 |
[36:52] | and you want to rip him away from his family. | 而你却想把他从家人身边夺走 |
[36:58] | What do you mean “another child”? | 什么叫再有个孩子 |
[37:01] | Oh. Of course he didn’t tell you. | 他当然没告诉你 |
[37:04] | I mean, he lies to his wife, | 他连自己妻子都骗 |
[37:06] | why shouldn’t he lie to you? | 怎么就不能骗你呢 |
[37:12] | Is this kitty? | 这是Kitty吗 |
[37:17] | He doesn’t love you. | 他不爱你 |
[37:21] | You’re just a rag. | 你不过是块破布 |
[37:23] | You are nothing. | 对他毫无意义 |
[37:24] | And you will never see my husband again. | 你以后再也不许见我丈夫 |
[37:42] | They just opened the doors and let him walk out. | 他们刚刚开门让他出去了 |
[37:45] | Well, it’s okay. I know where he’s going. | 没事 我知道他要去哪 |
[37:48] | I’ll call you back. | 我回头再打给你 |
[37:53] | Dr. Oppenheimer is leaving his wife | 奥本海默博士要为了个旧金山的共产党员 |
[37:56] | for a communist in San Francisco. | 跟他妻子分手了 |
[37:59] | Jean Tatlock Jean Tatlock. | |
[38:02] | You knew. | 你早知道 |
[38:07] | Did you know that he’s abandoning the project for her? | 你知道他要为了她放弃这个项目吗 |
[38:10] | Tendering his resignation, effective immediately. | 他已经递交了辞呈 立即生效 |
[38:13] | Cost to the schedule if he leaves. | 他要是走了进程肯定会被拖延 |
[38:15] | Three months lost at least. | 至少要拖后三个月 |
[38:17] | Assuming the Magpie intelligence is right, | 如果麦格派的情报正确的话 |
[38:20] | that’s the ball game. | 这将改变一切 |
[38:21] | By next summer Washington, D.C.’s a crater, | 来年夏天 华盛顿特区就会成为弹坑 |
[38:23] | And, uh, Heisenberg’s on the cover of “Time” Magazine. | 海森堡还会登上《时代》杂志封面 |
[38:34] | We have to do something. | 我们得采取行动 |
[38:38] | We? | 怎么还有我 |
[38:39] | Well, you said no one can replace him. | 你说过没人能替代他 |
[38:41] | Or conscript him. | 或者强迫他 |
[38:43] | He works on the project voluntarily. | 他是自愿来这里工作的 |
[38:46] | His wife says the woman is sick. | 他妻子说那女人有病 |
[38:50] | The State of California | 加州肯定有律法 |
[38:51] | must have ordinances for that sort of thing. | 管这种事啊 |
[38:52] | Couldn’t you lock her up for her own safety? | 就不能为了她自身安全把她关起来吗 |
[38:55] | Oppenheimer is a master of bureaucracy. | 奥本海默是官场大师 |
[38:57] | He’d simply wave a magic pen. | 他大笔一挥 |
[38:59] | Right. I– I’m not telling you how to do your job. | 好吧 我不是在告诉你怎么把事办好 |
[39:02] | I’m just telling you that there’s a job to be done. | 我只是告诉你有事要办 |
[39:08] | Frank Winter was a problem. You made him disappear. | 法兰克·温特是麻烦 你不就让他消失了 |
[39:21] | Liquid diffusion can enrich the feedstock for K-25. | 液体扩散能够把K-25的给料提纯 |
[39:25] | As you can see, Dr. Hogarth, | 你也知道 贺加斯博士 |
[39:26] | it’s our best chance at rapid enrichment. | 这是我们迅速提纯的最好机会 |
[39:29] | Yeah, that’s just a stopgap. | 对 那只是个应急措施 |
[39:30] | Um, my proposal is to skip alpha stage | 我的建议是跳过第一阶段 |
[39:33] | and move directly to the beta track of the calutron. | 直接进入电磁同位素分离器的贝塔轨道 |
[39:38] | Still a long way from overcoming the uranium problem. | 但这远不能解决铀的问题 |
[39:41] | But it’s competent work from the groundlings in the pit. | 但作为个小卒 想法还是不错 |
[39:46] | I think you’ll see if you examine my detailed calculations– | 如果你能看看我的详细计算… |
[39:48] | Very tedious all this is. I have no doubt. | 肯定特别精细 毫无疑问 |
[39:52] | But I was intrigued by a third | 但我对我收到的第三份提议 |
[39:55] | proposal that came across my desk. | 确实很感兴趣 |
[40:00] | Yeah. Apologies. I’ll, um, | 不好意思 |
[40:03] | happily return those to their proper owner. | 我很乐于把这些还给它们的主人 |
[40:05] | I believe her name was Eloise. | 我确信她叫Eloise |
[40:08] | You spent a– an evening with young Eloise on top of my desk? | 你和年轻的Eloise在我桌上共度春宵了 |
[40:11] | She said that you’d given her the night off. | 她说你同意让她晚上休假 |
[40:13] | Wouldn’t want a girl to starve. | 总不能让个姑娘饿死 |
[40:15] | Hope it’s not a firing offense. | 希望她不会因此被解雇 |
[40:16] | Oh, god, Crosley. | 天呐 克罗斯利 |
[40:19] | Congratulations, Paul. | 恭喜你 保罗 |
[40:21] | I’ve decided you will be the Site X liaison. | 我决定让你担任X工厂的联络员 |
[40:24] | What? | 什么 |
[40:34] | This is K-6. Outside line to San Francisco. | 我是K-6 请接旧金山的外线 |
[40:37] | Douglas 8522 Douglas 8522. | |
[40:50] | Hello? | 喂 你好 |
[40:53] | Is this Douglas 8522? | Douglas 8522吗 |
[40:58] | Who’s calling? | 你是谁 |
[41:04] | Put Jean on the phone. | 让Jean接电话 |
[41:07] | Inspector? | 督察 |
[41:14] | This is Inspector Dunn, SFPD. | 我是Dunn督察 旧金山警署 |
[41:21] | I’m afraid that won’t be possible. | 恐怕这不可能了 |
[41:26] | 我本想好好活着 做出奉献 但却不知为何动弹不得 我竭尽全力理解这一切却失败了 我本以为我可以的 | |
[42:22] | Tell Callie I’ll call her as soon as I can. | 告诉凯莉我会尽快给她打电话 |
[42:57] | You know… | 听我说 |
[42:59] | It wasn’t because of some army code. | 我并不是因为什么军队规定 |
[43:02] | That’s not why I didn’t tell you what we were building. | 才没告诉你我们在建什么的 |
[43:07] | It was because I knew what you would say. | 是因为我知道你会说什么 |
[43:11] | You’d have probably talked me out of it | 你很可能在我们进入宾州前 |
[43:12] | before we crossed the Pennsylvania border. | 就说服我不参与了 |
[43:17] | I’d have tried. | 我肯定会努力的 |
[43:23] | I am sorry. | 对不起 |
[43:25] | I had no right to make a choice that big for the both of us. | 我无权独自为我们做出这种重大决定 |
[43:31] | So, now it’s your choice. | 现在你说了算 |
[43:35] | If you think that we should go to Princeton, we’ll go. | 如果你觉得我们该去普林斯顿 我们就去 |
[43:38] | We’ll go right now. | 马上就出发 |
[45:46] | Abby. | 艾比 |
[45:56] | Frank. | 法兰克 |
[46:01] | They told me… | 他们跟我说… |
[46:05] | I-I thought you were dead. | 我以为你死了 |
[46:10] | They lied. | 他们骗了你 |