时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:03] | There is no Nazi bomb. The army manipulated us. | 纳粹根本没有原子弹 军方玩弄了我们 |
[00:06] | There is a war on three continents | 现在的战争横跨三个大洲 |
[00:08] | and a madman rounding up Jews. | 一个疯子正在围捕犹太人 |
[00:12] | Enlistment papers? | 入伍材料 |
[00:13] | You’ll stay right here as a private in the army. | 你会待在这里做一名二等兵 |
[00:16] | The bomb is inevitable. | 原子弹肯定要造了 |
[00:18] | If I help build it, I might get some say in how it’s used. | 如果我帮忙 就可能在使用方法上有发言权 |
[00:22] | Congratulations, Paul. | 恭喜你 保罗 |
[00:24] | I’ve decided you will be the site x liaison. | 我决定让你担任X工厂的联络员 |
[00:26] | You want me to steal for you? | 你要我替你窃取情报 |
[00:27] | For king and country. | 是替你的国王和王国 |
[00:31] | Pesticide didn’t kill the bees and it wasn’t the army. | 蜜蜂不是被杀虫剂杀死的 不是军方干的 |
[00:33] | Do you think it could be something from the tech area? | 你觉得是技术区那边的什么东西吗 |
[00:37] | There were 127 pregnancies on the hill last year | 去年镇上一共有127名妇女怀孕 |
[00:40] | and one miscarriage. | 只有一例流产 |
[00:42] | There isn’t always a medical explanation in these cases. | 类似这种情况并不是总能给出医学解释 |
[00:45] | So it was an act of god? | 所以这就是上帝的旨意了 |
[00:49] | The longer that it takes anyone to deliver a weapon, | 研发武器的时间越长 |
[00:52] | The less chance anyone | 就越没有可能 |
[00:53] | has of dropping it over a city full of kids. | 将炸弹投到一座满是孩子的城市 |
[00:57] | Sorry. | 抱歉 |
[00:59] | We have to set some ground rules. | 我们得设立些基本规则 |
[01:02] | We can’t be seen like this. | 不能被别人看见我们这样在一起 |
[01:07] | I want to apologize | 我想趁你 |
[01:09] | while you’re still of sound mind and body. | 身心还健全的时候先道个歉 |
[01:13] | The Germans or Soviets? | 德国还是苏联 |
[01:30] | Look at the early wire photos of the Arizona | 看看报社歪曲改编之前 |
[01:32] | before the newspapers touched them up. | 亚利桑那号的照片吧 |
[01:35] | They blew the damn thing up from inside the hull. | 爆炸是从船的内部炸开的 |
[01:38] | Ronnie, if I wanted an earful, | 罗尼 我要是想听唠叨 |
[01:41] | I’d stay home with Margaret. | 就留在家陪玛格丽特了 |
[01:43] | Pearl harbor was an inside job. | 珍珠港事件是自己人干的 |
[01:45] | Roosevelt needed an excuse to drag us into the war. | 罗斯福需要一个借口参战 |
[03:15] | Because the fact is people get hurt around here. | 因为这里的人们受到了伤害 |
[03:18] | – Yeah. – 68 accidents in the tech area | -对 -从1945年初开始 |
[03:21] | since the start of 1945. | 技术区就发生了68起事故 |
[03:24] | If this were a factory floor, | 这要是发生在工厂 |
[03:25] | the union would’ve shut us down months ago. | 公会几个月前就让我们停工了 |
[03:29] | And now, now we’re doing our most dangerous work yet. | 然而我们现在却在做最危险的工作 |
[03:32] | Criticality. | 临界性 |
[03:33] | Pushing the Gadget to the brink | 将小玩意推向 |
[03:35] | of an explosive chain reaction. | 爆炸性的连锁反应 |
[03:37] | And we’ve already had one mere catastrophe. | 我们曾差一点经历一次灾难 |
[03:39] | This is what happens when matters of science | 这就是把科学 |
[03:42] | are left in the hands of politicians and soldiers. | 交到政客和士兵手里的下场 |
[03:44] | We are the ones who are bringing this thing | 我们才是将武器 |
[03:46] | down off the blackboard and into the world, | 从理论变成现实的人 |
[03:48] | And we deserve better. | 我们应该获得更好的条件 |
[03:49] | – Yeah! – Yeah! | -对 -没错 |
[03:51] | – We need strict exposure limits. – Yes! | -我们需要严格的辐射暴露限制 -对 |
[03:54] | – And hazard pay! – And we’re going to demand it. | -还有风险补贴 -我们要提出要求 |
[03:58] | But first I want to tell you about something | 但我首先要告诉你们一件 |
[04:00] | that’s happening right now | 正在华盛顿特区 |
[04:01] | in Washington, D.C. | 发生的事 |
[04:02] | While we are risking our necks, | 当我们冒着生命危险的时候 |
[04:04] | President Roosevelt is assembling a committee. | 罗斯福总统正在组建委员会 |
[04:06] | It’s going to decide how the Gadget’s used, | 它将决定小玩意如何使用 |
[04:09] | If and when it’s dropped, | 是否投放 何时投放 |
[04:10] | and who it’s going to be dropped on. | 投放到哪个国家 |
[04:12] | And this committee includes no scientists or engineers. | 而这个委员会里却没有科学家或工程师 |
[04:15] | – Wait, is this a safety board? – No. | -等等 那是个安全委员会吗 -不是 |
[04:17] | – Are they setting new health standards? – No, no, no. | -他们在规划新的健康标准吗 -不是 |
[04:18] | It’s called the Target Committee, | 他们称其为目标委员会 |
[04:19] | And as it stands, no one who helped build the bomb | 它一天不解散 所有出力建造原子弹的人 |
[04:22] | will have any say in how or where it’s deployed. | 就对如何炸 在哪儿炸毫无发言权 |
[04:26] | But– but if we’d all write a letter to our supervisor– | 但如果我们写信给上级 |
[04:29] | Let them deploy it up Eva Braun’s ass. | 让他们去炸伊娃·布劳恩[希特勒情妇]去吧 |
[04:31] | We have bigger problems here on the hill. | 我们在镇上还有更大的麻烦 |
[04:40] | You didn’t even read them my sample letter. | 你都没读我的信件样例 |
[04:42] | These guys don’t care about sample letters. | 这些人根本不在乎信件样例 |
[04:43] | They care about getting their balls fried off | 他们只关心自己的蛋会不会在临界实验中 |
[04:45] | in a criticality experiment. | 被炸了 |
[04:46] | You’re supposed to make them care, Helen. | 你应该让他们关心信件 海伦 |
[04:48] | You’re supposed to make them see | 你本该让他们明白 |
[04:49] | it’s all part of the same question. | 这些都源于同一个问题 |
[04:52] | Well, you know what Mussolini says, | 你也知道墨索里尼的话 |
[04:53] | “If you want something done right, do it yourself.” | 自己动手 丰衣足食 |
[04:55] | Well, I can’t do that right now. | 我现在做不到 |
[04:59] | Not while I’m wearing this uniform. | 只要我还穿着这身制服 |
[05:01] | They already look at me like I’m a secretary. | 他们已经把我看成个秘书了 |
[05:03] | And you want me to stand up there, lecture them about politics? | 你却想让我站出来 给他们讲政治 |
[05:07] | You should find an inside man | 你应该找个内部的人 |
[05:08] | who’s actually on the inside. | 打入他们内部的人 |
[05:11] | Or a man. | 或者一个男人 |
[05:13] | Helen. | 海伦 |
[05:19] | You missed the L & O meeting. | 你错过了后勤物资会 |
[05:22] | The metal shortage could cost us a week, maybe more. | 金属短缺可能会浪费我们至少一周时间 |
[05:24] | Sorry, I’ll– I’ll get the minutes. | 抱歉 我会看会议记录的 |
[05:26] | Uh, breakfast with the wife, if you know what I mean. | 跟老婆吃早饭可没法速战速决啊 |
[05:30] | You and the other 18 guys who missed work this morning? | 所以你和其他18个人都没来吗 |
[05:33] | I know about your little meeting. | 我知道你们那个小会议 |
[05:38] | – What’s the hay for? – Horses. | -这些干草是干什么的 -喂马 |
[05:41] | Horses? Are we amish? | 马 我们是阿曼门诺派的吗 |
[05:42] | We have jeeps on the site. | 现场有吉普车 |
[05:44] | Oh, a corps of engineers set up a polo league. | 一些工程师建了个马球场 |
[05:46] | – Jesus. – It’s good for morale, I guess. | -天哪 -估计能振奋精神吧 |
[05:48] | Well, make sure they clean up the shit. | 让他们赶紧清扫干净 |
[05:50] | I want the site spit-shined by Thursday. | 周四前我要营地光亮如新 |
[05:53] | You know it’s a desert, right? | 那可是个沙漠 怎么光亮如新 |
[05:55] | What happens Thursday? | 周四有什么事 |
[05:57] | Just, um, make sure it doesn’t look like a rodeo out there. | 别弄成牛仔横行的样子就行 |
[06:02] | Aye, aye. | 好 好 |
[06:04] | I was thinking– | 在我们那个 |
[06:06] | after our not-so-secret meeting, | 不太秘密的会议之后 我在想 |
[06:08] | We should be studying | 我们应该研究 |
[06:09] | the radiological effects of the test. | 试验带来的放射性影响 |
[06:12] | On what? | 对谁的影响 |
[06:14] | The planet. People. | 地球 人类 |
[06:17] | I swallowed 24 micrograms of plutonium in 1943. | 1943年我吞了24微克钚 |
[06:20] | Now it’s 1945. I still make the geiger counter sing. | 到了现在 盖格尔计数器还是有反应 |
[06:25] | Find me a PhD-level subject matter expert | 在镇上找一个博士学位以上的 |
[06:27] | who’s already on the hill. | 该领域的专家 |
[06:29] | If he’s willing to run the study during his free time, | 如果他愿意拿出自己的空闲时间研究 |
[06:32] | You have my blessing. | 那就去研究吧 |
[06:35] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[06:36] | You meet Charlie’s qualifications– that’s the good news. | 你达到了查理的要求 这是好消息 |
[06:39] | I asked for the bad news first. | 我让你先说坏消息 |
[06:42] | Security clearance for the test site. | 实验区的出入许可 |
[06:44] | Holiest of holies. | 至高无上的权限 |
[06:45] | The only person who can authorize that is– | 只有一个人能够授权 那就是 |
[06:47] | – The Colonel. – Correct. | -上校 -没错 |
[06:50] | He’s got to listen to reason, right? | 他总得讲点道理吧 |
[06:53] | Fritzy, this is a man who sent a boy to his death | 福瑞茨 那可是为了阻止我跟我丈夫讲话 |
[06:56] | to stop me from speaking to my husband. | 就派了个孩子去送死的人 |
[06:58] | I don’t think he’s gonna turn around | 我不觉得他会改变想法 |
[07:00] | and hand me a security badge. | 给我个通行证的 |
[07:01] | Look, we need you. | 我们需要你 |
[07:03] | Last week three engineers nearly barbecued themselves | 上周三个工程师做临界实验的时候 |
[07:05] | doing the criticality experiment. | 差点连自己都烤熟了 |
[07:07] | Blammo, a month’s exposure in three seconds flat. | 三秒的辐射顶得上一个月的了 |
[07:11] | – In the tech area? – Yeah. | -技术区吗 -是的 |
[07:14] | We’re lucky this whole place doesn’t glow in the dark. | 这地方夜里不发光已经够幸运了 |
[07:21] | *If you want to know who we are* | *如果你想知道我们是什么* |
[07:25] | *We are gentlemen of Japan* | *我们是来自日本的绅士* |
[07:29] | *On many a vase and jar* | *我们有瓶瓶罐罐* |
[07:33] | *On many a screen and fan–* | *有屏风有折扇* |
[07:35] | All right, all right, all right, all right! | 行了行了行了 |
[07:38] | Posture. You’re gentlemen from Japan, not Stevedores. | 姿态 你们是日本来的绅士 不是工人 |
[07:42] | If I can have everyone’s attention for a minute? | 大家能听我说一下吗 |
[07:45] | Eugene has been assigned to a post off-site. | 尤金被安排了别处的任务 |
[07:48] | Which means the role of Ko-Ko is gonna have to be recast. | 也就是说科科的角色要换人演了 |
[07:51] | If they give it to Dale, I’m gonna commit hara-kiri. | 如果给了戴尔 我就切腹自杀 |
[07:53] | Fortunately, we do have a man in the wings | 幸运的是 我们现在就有一位 |
[07:55] | who has really stepped up | 在过去的一年里 |
[07:57] | and become a fine thespian over the last year. | 努力向一位优秀演员发展的人 |
[07:59] | So, let’s hear it for our new ko-ko… | 所以 欢迎新科科 |
[08:02] | Jim Meeks. | 吉姆·米克斯 |
[08:04] | How about that? | 怎么样 |
[08:12] | Well… | 那个 |
[08:27] | Abby? | 艾比 |
[08:30] | Did someone end the war and forget to tell me? | 这是有人结束了战争没告诉我吗 |
[08:32] | They’re for the family that’s liberated from Buchenwald. | 那些是给从布痕瓦尔德解放的人们准备的 |
[08:38] | My lucky tie? | 还有我的幸运领带 |
[08:42] | Do you think they’ll be attending a lot of cocktail parties? | 你觉得他们会参加很多鸡尾酒会吗 |
[08:45] | Can I please do my part without being mocked? | 我在尽力帮忙 能别嘲笑我吗 |
[08:47] | Yes, of course. I’m sorry. | 当然可以 抱歉 |
[08:51] | You said to find a way to move on. | 你说让我想法向前看 |
[08:56] | Abby, I thought we could do that together. | 艾比 我本以为我们一起向前看 |
[09:00] | You know, maybe we give it another shot. | 或许再试试要孩子 |
[09:03] | I don’t think we’re supposed to. | 我觉得还是不要了 |
[09:05] | Doc said a couple of months was plenty. | 医生说几个月的时间足够了 |
[09:10] | Maybe we lost the baby for a reason. | 也许我们失去孩子是有原因的 |
[09:13] | – What? – Don’t know. | -什么原因 -我不知道 |
[09:17] | Do you think that god still punishes people? | 你觉得上帝还在惩罚做错事的人吗 |
[09:21] | Like the plagues in Egypt? | 比如埃及瘟疫那种事 |
[09:23] | What have you ever done wrong? | 你犯过什么错 |
[09:26] | Did you know that there aren’t just 10 commandments? | 你知道戒律不止10条吗 |
[09:29] | There’s 613. | 有613条呢 |
[09:31] | Really? | 是吗 |
[09:33] | – Abby? – Yes? | -艾比 -怎么了 |
[09:39] | This is, uh– this is a fairytale. | 这个 就是个童话 |
[09:44] | It’s a bedtime story. | 睡前故事 |
[09:46] | Things don’t happen for a reason. They just happen. | 这种事的发生没有原因 只是发生而已 |
[09:50] | Or maybe god was punishing the families in those camps. | 或者是上帝在惩罚集中营里的家庭 |
[09:55] | First you don’t want to help them, | 你先是不愿意帮助他们 |
[09:56] | and now you’re blaming them. | 现在还要怪他们 |
[09:57] | I don’t want to help them? | 我不想帮他们吗 |
[10:00] | Why do you think I’m still here, Abby? | 你以为我为什么还在这儿 艾比 |
[10:04] | What do you think I do all day? | 你觉得我一天到晚都在干什么 |
[10:05] | I don’t know, Charlie. Play with numbers? | 我不知道 查理 玩数字吗 |
[10:12] | You know what, I’m gonna go, | 我还是走了 |
[10:16] | play with numbers somewhere else. | 去别的地方玩数字了 |
[10:35] | Oh, I’m sorry, I didn’t order this. | 抱歉 这不是我点的 |
[10:49] | You dropped something. | 你掉东西了 |
[10:51] | Oh, jesus, Helen! | 天哪 海伦 |
[10:54] | You owe me a lot more than a whiskey sour. | 你欠我的可不止一杯威士忌酸酒 |
[10:56] | Uh, that drink was actually from me. | 那杯酒其实是我给你点的 |
[11:00] | But I hope you enjoyed it. | 但是希望你喜欢 |
[11:09] | – Thanks. – Oh, thank you. | -谢谢 -谢谢 |
[11:12] | With Hogarth on one side and Theodore on the other, | 只是一边是贺加斯一边是塞奥多 |
[11:15] | it’s like being stuck between | 简直像是被困在了 |
[11:17] | saturday night and sunday morning. | 周六晚上和周日早晨之间 |
[11:20] | The problem with little boy | 小男孩的问题 |
[11:22] | is all the little boys. | 就在那些男生身上 |
[11:24] | You shouldn’t be part of anyone’s backup plan. | 你不该屈居某某的备胎 |
[11:27] | Yeah, well, that’s why I like working in here. | 所以我才喜欢在这里工作 |
[11:29] | It’s a professional environment. | 这里是个专业的环境 |
[11:31] | Oh, yeah, very professional. | 是啊 可专业了 |
[11:34] | I said I was sorry. | 我都说对不起了 |
[11:37] | I guess we all have things to atone for, right? | 也许我们都有需要弥补的事吧 |
[11:43] | Something you want to say to me, Charlie? | 你有话要跟我说吗 查理 |
[11:49] | I would like to… | 我想 |
[11:51] | address an injustice. | 伸张正义 |
[11:55] | No! | 不 |
[11:58] | You bastard. | 你个混蛋 |
[12:16] | You were right. | 你是对的 |
[12:19] | I kept you off the test group for personal reasons. | 我不让你进测试小组是因为私人原因 |
[12:22] | It had nothing to do with your talent. | 跟你的才华无关 |
[12:26] | What personal reasons? | 什么私人原因 |
[12:32] | Come to g group. | 来G组吧 |
[12:34] | Don’t screw around with me, Charlie. | 别逗我 查理 |
[12:36] | We need you. | 我们需要你 |
[12:39] | I need you. | 我需要你 |
[12:44] | Why now? | 为什么现在突然找我 |
[12:46] | The test is three months off, | 测试进度慢了三个月了 |
[12:47] | We’re shorthanded and underbrained, | 我们缺人手 也缺智商 |
[12:50] | and this Thursday– | 还有这周四 |
[12:51] | Jesus, as if we didn’t have enough to worry about. | 真是 好像我们的问题还不够多似的 |
[12:54] | What? What happens Thursday? | 什么 周四怎么了 |
[12:55] | – Someone’s coming. – Who? | -有人要来 -谁要来 |
[12:58] | Vannevar Bush. | 万尼瓦尔·布什 |
[13:00] | F.D.R.’s science advisor is coming to the hill? | 罗斯福总统的科学顾问要来 |
[13:03] | Sits at the right tire of god the father. | 他就是神之右手 |
[13:04] | Here to review the test preparations. | 要来这里检查实验准备 |
[13:07] | You can’t tell anyone. | 你不能告诉别人 |
[13:11] | The job doesn’t come with a raise. | 换工作也没加薪 |
[13:16] | Okay, boss. | 好吧 老板 |
[13:27] | I heard they liberated another camp. | 听说他们又解放了一个集中营 |
[13:29] | That must put a spring in your step. | 这肯定能让你开心吧 |
[13:31] | Yes. | 是的 |
[13:33] | And to think we’re on the other side of the world doing our bit. | 想想我们在世界另一边也做着贡献 |
[13:39] | Operator. | 接线员 |
[13:41] | I want to make you wetter than Dartmoor in November. | 我想让你欲火焚身 |
[13:44] | Yes, sir. I’ll put you right through. | 好的先生 我马上为您接通 |
[13:46] | Put me right through? Patience, Constance. | 马上接通 别着急嘛 康斯坦丝 |
[13:49] | Roll your skirt up first. Give us a forecast. | 把衣服解开 剧透一下 |
[13:53] | Bingham here. Clear? | 我是宾汉 准备好了吗 |
[13:55] | Clear as a bell, Site X. Stand by one chorus? | 一切就绪 X工厂 稍等 |
[13:57] | “Roast beef of old England.” | 旧式英格兰烤牛排 |
[14:36] | So it’s an assistant directorship | 是在测试点 |
[14:37] | out at the test site. | 当助理主管 |
[14:39] | I’m going to be refining lens design. | 精调透镜设计 |
[14:41] | There’s still some asymmetries to work out. | 还有些不对称问题需要解决 |
[14:43] | Isaacs just threw you a bone. | 艾萨克只是想拉拢你 |
[14:46] | What happened? | 发生什么了 |
[14:48] | Nothing happened. | 什么都没发生 |
[14:50] | He just realized he made a mistake. | 他只是意识到自己犯了个错误 |
[14:54] | Well, that’s great, Helen. You deserve it. | 太好了 海伦 你应得的 |
[14:57] | Enjoy your last day under the British Empire. | 享受你在大英帝国统治下的最后一天吧 |
[15:04] | Hey, Frank? | 弗兰克 |
[15:10] | FDR.’s science advisor is touring the test site this week. | 罗斯福的科学顾问这周到实验区来参观 |
[15:16] | Vannevar Bush is coming west? | 万尼瓦尔·布什要到西部来 |
[15:18] | Yes. | 是的 |
[15:20] | No one can find out I told you. | 不能让人知道我告诉你了 |
[15:21] | Hey, you have to– well, you have to get him alone. | 你得制造跟他独处的机会 |
[15:25] | He’s Roosevelt’s brain. | 他可是罗斯福的参谋 |
[15:26] | He can get us a seat on the target committee. | 他可以让我们加入目标委员会 |
[15:28] | I can’t do that, Frank. I mean– | 我不能那么做 弗兰克 |
[15:31] | I need some time to settle it. | 我要时间安排一下 |
[15:33] | The test is in 90 days. | 再过九十天就试验了 |
[15:34] | You need time to, what, climb the ladder? | 你要时间干嘛 往上爬吗 |
[15:38] | I can’t petition the White House on my first day of the job. | 我不能在上任第一天就向白宫请愿 |
[15:40] | I’ll wind up straight back where I started. | 我会直接被赶回去的 |
[15:45] | Yeah. You’re right. | 是 你说得对 |
[15:49] | Don’t make me regret telling you. | 别让我后悔告诉你 |
[16:06] | 我们是原子弹的设计者 …致命武器的政治后果 | |
[16:14] | 使用武器的责任感 我们要求… | |
[16:31] | I have followed your orders to the letter. | 我事事都按你的要求做了 |
[16:33] | I haven’t spoken to my husband in months, as you know. | 我几个月都没跟我丈夫说过话 |
[16:38] | Please send him my best next time you do. | 下次帮我向他问好 |
[16:40] | But you’re still a known agitator, Mrs. Winter. | 但你还是个众所周知的煽动者 温特夫人 |
[16:43] | I prefer “rogue botanist.” | 我更喜欢被称为流氓植物学家 |
[16:45] | And you want me to grant you access | 你想我允许你进入 |
[16:47] | to the most secure site in the western hemisphere | 西半球最机密的工厂 |
[16:50] | – So that you can… – Determine the health effects | -以便你能 -确认原子辐射及废弃物 |
[16:52] | of atomic radiation and debris. | 对健康的影响 |
[16:54] | I think the Axis is gonna find that out soon enough. | 我看这点轴心国很快就知道了 |
[16:56] | Colonel, it’s not the axis I’m worried about. | 上校 我担心的不是轴心国的健康问题 |
[17:01] | What am I looking at? | 这是什么 |
[17:02] | Well, this is your office here, | 你的办公室在这 |
[17:06] | and right here, | 而这里 |
[17:08] | only 20 yards away, is Building E. | 二十码之外的地方 就是E栋 |
[17:11] | Now, do you know what happens in Building E? | 你知道E栋楼里在干嘛吧 |
[17:13] | Something above your clearance. | 你无权知道 |
[17:14] | Well, that wouldn’t stop it | 如果它正濒临临界点 |
[17:16] | from killing me if it went fast critical | 而我就坐在你的位子上 |
[17:18] | and I was sitting in your chair. | 知不知道也救不了我的命 |
[17:22] | I heard you had an event last week– | 我听说上周出了点事 |
[17:25] | A couple of graduate students | 一些研究生 |
[17:27] | set off a fast-neutron chain reaction. | 启动了快中子链反应 |
[17:29] | I believe they call it “Tickling the dragon’s tail.” | 他们称之为”摸老虎屁股” |
[17:32] | I know what it’s called. | 我知道他们怎么叫它 |
[17:34] | The dragons I know don’t like to be tickled. | 据我所知 老虎不喜欢被摸屁股 |
[17:37] | Four seconds longer, and it would have become self-sustaining. | 再多四秒钟 它就能变成自持链反应 |
[17:41] | So now let’s assume | 现在我们假设 |
[17:43] | fast criticality sustained for two to three minutes. | 快中子临界持续了两到三分钟 |
[17:47] | Radiant intensity is the inverse square of distance. | 辐射强度与距离成平方反比 |
[17:51] | Factoring in the lack of concrete walls | 考虑到没有水泥墙 |
[17:53] | that mitigate exposure… | 来减轻风险 |
[17:57] | You and your staff would most likely be… | 你和你的部下很有可能 |
[18:00] | well, dead. | 会死 |
[18:02] | I say “most likely” because, Colonel, | 我之所以说有可能 是因为上校 |
[18:05] | we don’t actually know, but we could. | 我们并不知道辐射量 但我们可以知道 |
[18:17] | *As some day it may happen that a victim must be found* | *总有一天会发现受害人* |
[18:21] | *I’ve got a little list* | *我有一份名单* |
[18:23] | *I’ve got a little list of society offenders–* | *我有一份罪犯的名单* |
[18:25] | Hold on. | 停 |
[18:27] | Okay, everybody, | 好了 各位 |
[18:29] | let’s take five. | 我们休息五分钟 |
[18:30] | It’s a little higher. It’s a G, right? | 有点高了 是G调 对吗 |
[18:32] | Try a flat on that. | 试试降G调 |
[18:35] | Hi, want to help me with the lines? | 你好 想帮我对下台词吗 |
[18:37] | Oh, I’m just a stagehand. | 我只是工作人员 |
[18:40] | Well, we’re on a desert island here. | 我们这是在荒岛上 |
[18:43] | Not enough girls to go around. Please? | 周围没多少姑娘 拜托了 |
[18:46] | Please. | 请吧 |
[18:49] | “I have loved you with a white-hot passion. | 我炽烈地爱着你 |
[18:52] | Shrink not away from me.” | 别退缩 |
[18:55] | We have rules for a reason. | 定规矩是有原因的 |
[18:57] | If people see us talking– | 如果别人看到我们讲话 |
[18:58] | The samurai gird for battle. | 武士为战争做准备 |
[19:00] | Not with swords, but with pens. | 不是用剑 而是用笔 |
[19:06] | There’s a petition going around. | 现在大家在请愿 |
[19:08] | FDR is forming a committee | 罗斯福正在筹备一个委员会 |
[19:09] | to decide how the Gadget gets used. | 来决定怎么使用小玩意 |
[19:11] | We want a seat at the table. | 我们希望能派代表参加 |
[19:13] | We? | 我们 |
[19:15] | You didn’t sign it, did you? | 你没签字吧 |
[19:17] | This is a good thing. | 这是件好事 |
[19:19] | No. Not for you, it’s not. | 不不 对你来说不是 |
[19:22] | You don’t sign anything. You don’t stand for anything. | 你不能签署任何东西 不能支持任何事情 |
[19:25] | You need to earn Charlie Isaacs’ trust. | 你要获取查理·艾萨克的信任 |
[19:27] | That is your role. | 这才是你要做的 |
[19:30] | Stick to the script. | 得按剧本演 |
[19:35] | You didn’t congratulate me, by the way. | 顺便说一句 你还没恭喜我 |
[19:38] | For what? Getting the lead in a racialist play? | 恭喜你什么 在种族主义话剧里当主角吗 |
[19:41] | “The Mikado” isn’t really about Japan. | 《日本天皇》讲的并不是日本 |
[19:44] | It’s a satire of British social mores. | 它是在讽刺英国的社会习俗 |
[19:47] | You need to lay off that pitch pipe. | 你得放下那根调音管 |
[19:50] | You’re cutting off the oxygen to your brain. | 它让你脑子不好使了 |
[20:05] | Yeah? | 谁啊 |
[20:09] | There’s something you ought to know. | 有件事你得知道 |
[20:13] | He’s circulating some kind of protest screed. | 他在组织签署抗议信 |
[20:16] | Is that right? | 是吗 |
[20:18] | It’s a petition, Colonel, advancing the revolutionary idea | 是请愿 上校 倡导一个革命性的建议 |
[20:21] | that the people who built the Gadget | 即造小玩意的人 |
[20:22] | might have some say in how it’s used. | 在如何使用它上应该有一定的话语权 |
[20:23] | You’re a physicist, | 你是个物理学家 |
[20:25] | not an expert in geopolitics. | 不是地缘政治学方面的专家 |
[20:27] | You think the guys why designed the B-29 Bomber | 你以为设计B-29轰炸机的人 |
[20:28] | got to pick their targets? | 能自己选轰炸目标吗 |
[20:30] | He doesn’t just want a seat at the table. | 他不光想成为委员会成员 |
[20:32] | He wants to shut down the project. | 他是想关闭项目 |
[20:39] | Let Dr. Winter run his BVDs up the flagpole. | 让温特博士去鼓吹他的观点 |
[20:42] | We’ll see who salutes. | 看看谁会赞同 |
[20:44] | Now, if we’re done second-guessing democracy, | 现在 如果批评民主批评够了 |
[20:47] | you’re both dismissed. | 你俩都可以走了 |
[21:00] | You can’t dismiss me. I’m not a soldier. | 你不能解散我 我不是士兵 |
[21:04] | Why don’t you go focus on your criticality experiments? | 你为何不集中精力搞你的临界点实验 |
[21:07] | It sounds like you have your hands full | 看上去你为了不把我们都炸死 |
[21:09] | not blowing us to kingdom come. | 正忙得不可开交 |
[21:26] | Get me an outside line. | 帮我接外线 |
[21:31] | Justice Department. | 司法部 |
[21:32] | Colonel Emmett Darrow for Director Hoover. | 艾默特·达罗上校找胡佛局长 |
[21:41] | I told you to be discreet! | 我告诉过你要保密 |
[21:43] | Now you’re unionizing the tech area? | 现在你想在技术区搞工会吗 |
[21:46] | I didn’t involve you. | 我没提起你 |
[21:47] | What, you think Charlie won’t figure out | 你觉得查理会不知道 |
[21:49] | who told you that Bush was coming? | 是谁告诉你布什要来的吗 |
[21:50] | A couple of my bunk mates | 我的两个室友 |
[21:51] | are acting as his military escort. | 将作为他的军方护卫 |
[21:53] | Maybe I heard it from them. | 或许我是从他们那里听来的 |
[21:54] | Helen, we won’t get another chance. | 海伦 我们不会再有其他机会了 |
[21:56] | Neither will I. | 我也是 |
[22:02] | The Colonel’s running some kind of game on me. | 上校不知道在对我搞什么把戏 |
[22:04] | Isaacs won’t let me anywhere near Vannevar Bush. | 艾萨克不会让我靠近万尼瓦尔·布什的 |
[22:07] | So, here, you have to give it to him. | 你得把这个给他 |
[22:10] | Or burn it on Isaacs’ altar. | 或是烧了它 |
[22:12] | Keep your chair in G group. | 保住你在G组的位置 |
[22:19] | I know you’ll do the right thing. | 我知道你会做出正确的选择 |
[22:37] | Hang back there, Private. | 站那别动 二等兵 |
[22:41] | Look, if the Colonel sent you, | 如果是上校派你们来的 |
[22:42] | I already kissed the ring, all right? | 我已经参拜过他了 |
[22:44] | No, not the Colonel, soldier. | 不是上校 大兵 |
[22:45] | You’re on the head of the tech area’s dime. | 你被技术区的头儿看上了 |
[22:48] | Pack your bivouac gear, Winter. | 收拾好的你露营装备 温特 |
[22:50] | You’ll be spending a couple nights in the desert. | 你要在沙漠中呆几天了 |
[22:54] | Let me guess… | 让我猜猜 |
[22:55] | I’m not returning until the weekend | 在我们那位重要访客走之前 |
[22:57] | after our distinguished visitor is gone. | 我是回不来了 |
[23:00] | What are we gonna do out there, water some cactus? | 我们在那能干嘛 给仙人掌浇水吗 |
[23:04] | You’re gonna tickle the dragon’s tail. | 你要去摸老虎屁股 |
[23:23] | Shit. | 该死 |
[23:24] | That’s the spook’s car. | 那是情报部那家伙的车 |
[23:27] | You know I heard they found him floating in the back | 我听说他们发现他像罐头里的沙丁鱼一样 |
[23:29] | just like a canned sardine? | 浮在后备箱里 |
[24:39] | So, you beat Tosa. | 你战胜了土佐 |
[24:42] | Got out of Texas. | 离开了德克萨斯 |
[24:44] | Congratulations. | 恭喜 |
[24:58] | Although if I’m here, | 不过如果我还在 |
[25:00] | that means you’re not all there. | 说明你并不清醒 |
[25:02] | So, maybe Tosa beat you after all. | 或许终究还是土佐战胜了你 |
[25:09] | Let’s go. | 走吧 |
[25:12] | Some lady biologist got in the Colonel’s craw. | 有个女生物学家让上校开始担心 |
[25:14] | He banned criticality work inside the gates. | 所以他禁止了在镇上进行临近工作 |
[25:17] | – You say lady biologist? – Yeah. | -你说女生物学家 -是的 |
[25:20] | Now you got to irradiate yourself | 现在你要在距离最近的医生 |
[25:21] | 30 miles from the nearest doctor. | 30英里外的地方接受辐射 |
[25:25] | How close did we get to fast critical | 不引发链式反应的条件下 |
[25:27] | before the incident? | 我们已经多接近临界值了 |
[25:28] | 88% Uh, 88%. | |
[25:31] | The goal today is to get to 90 | 今天的目标是达到百分之九十 |
[25:32] | without waking the dragon and killing yourself. | 并且不会吵醒老虎丢了性命 |
[25:33] | Well, let’s hope that happens. | 希望如此吧 |
[25:39] | – You’re not coming? – Doctor’s orders. | -你们不来吗 -医生的命令 |
[25:41] | Last week– five Roentgens, three seconds. | 上周 五伦琴辐射 长达三秒 |
[25:43] | Whole team maxed out exposure for the month. | 整组人都已达到了每月的最大辐射量 |
[25:46] | That’s why you’re here. | 所以让你过来 |
[25:54] | “Tickling the dragon’s tail.” | 摸老虎屁股 |
[25:55] | Nice phrase, very evocative. | 好说法 很生动 |
[25:58] | Your wife’s boyfriend would love it. | 你老婆的男朋友会喜欢的 |
[26:01] | 危险 辐射 禁止吸烟 | |
[26:02] | This is how you double-check a critical mass? | 你们就是这样测量临界质量的吗 |
[26:06] | Play chicken with an unshielded atomic pile? | 和一个无屏蔽的反应堆玩老鹰追小鸡 |
[26:09] | Me, I’d go awol | 如果是我 |
[26:10] | before I hit 60% of fast critical on the neutron counter. | 在中子计数器达到60%时就开溜了 |
[26:44] | I preferred the trunk of my car. | 我宁愿待在我的车后备箱里 |
[27:06] | Operator. | 接线员 |
[27:08] | I want to write a sonnet with my tongue | 我想用我的舌头在你的大腿内侧 |
[27:10] | on your inner thigh. | 写一首十四行诗 |
[27:12] | Excuse me? | 什么 |
[27:14] | Constance? | 康斯坦丝 |
[27:16] | Who is this? | 你是哪位 |
[27:23] | No wonder you jump when 135 lights up. | 怪不得135号线灯一亮你就接 |
[27:26] | Sounds like Paul Crosley. | 听起来像保罗·克罗斯利 |
[27:28] | Oh, uh, it’s not– I’m a married woman. | 不是的 我已婚了 |
[27:31] | Dr. Crosley has a scheduled call. | 克罗斯利博士安排了固定的电话时间 |
[27:33] | I’d best put him through. | 我最好把他的电话接过来 |
[27:40] | Operator. I have Site X for you. | 接线员 现在为您接通X工厂 |
[27:43] | Yes, sir. Go ahead. | 是的 先生 继续 |
[28:22] | Oh! Oh, dear. | 天啊 |
[28:26] | Carry your books, Mrs. Isaacs? | 在搬书吗 艾萨克夫人 |
[28:27] | Yes, please. Thank you. | 是的 谢谢你 |
[28:31] | – I’ll get these. – Thank you. | -我来搬这些 -谢谢 |
[28:33] | You get that. | 你拿那个 |
[28:35] | Paul Crosley. | 保罗·克罗斯利 |
[28:36] | Yes, I remember. | 是的 我记得 |
[28:39] | Long day crossing wires? | 一整天都在接电话吗 |
[28:41] | It’s better than sitting at home. | 总比干坐在家强 |
[28:44] | Tom Lancefield’s wife used to work | 汤姆·兰斯菲尔德的妻子 |
[28:46] | at the switchboard, didn’t she? | 以前也是接线员 是吧 |
[28:47] | Attractive girl. French, of course, | 美丽的女孩 是法国人 |
[28:49] | but that’s a venial sin nowadays. | 现如今都无所谓了 |
[28:51] | You two were friendly, weren’t you? | 你们俩是朋友 是吧 |
[28:54] | Yes, well, we were very sad to see her go. | 是的 很遗憾她离开了 |
[28:56] | But then Constance Faraday joined our ranks, | 之后康斯坦丝·法拉第加入了我们 |
[28:58] | and she’s just wonderful. Do you know Constance? | 她特别棒 你认识康斯坦丝吗 |
[29:01] | I just assumed that all you Brits know each other. | 我权当你们英国人互相都认识 |
[29:04] | Well, the Empire has dwindled, to be sure, | 大不列颠帝国的确越来越小了 |
[29:06] | but it’s not a Shropshire Village just yet. | 但还不至于小到什罗普郡那样 |
[29:09] | – Yes. – Fancy a ride, Mrs. Isaacs? | -是的 -我带你一程吧 艾萨克夫人 |
[29:19] | Hey, I didn’t see your name on the petition. | 你没在请愿书上签名 |
[29:21] | What gives? | 为什么 |
[29:24] | Maybe I don’t agree with Frank. | 或许我并不赞同法兰克 |
[29:27] | – Really? – What did I miss? | -真的吗 -我错过了什么 |
[29:29] | Oh, just guy stuff. | 男人间的话题 |
[29:31] | Baseball, Ava Gardner, you know? | 棒球 艾娃· 加德纳[美国女演员] 你懂的 |
[29:32] | Oh, well, speaking of Mickey Rooney, | 说到米基·鲁尼[美国男演员] |
[29:35] | another toast to our newly minted star of the stage. | 举杯恭喜我们的银幕新秀 |
[29:38] | Yeah. Hear, hear. | 恭喜恭喜 |
[29:40] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[29:42] | Do you guys, uh– do you guys think | 你们有没有觉得 |
[29:44] | that Gilbert and Sullivan were racialists? | 吉尔伯特和沙利文有种族歧视 |
[29:45] | No, just different times. | 不 只是时代不同 |
[29:47] | Are there any good geishas in the chorus? | 合唱队有优秀的艺妓吗 |
[29:50] | Wait till they hear that plummy baritone of yours, huh? | 等她们听到你装腔作势的男中音的时候 |
[29:53] | Jimmy, I’ve never heard you sing. | 吉米 我还没听过你唱呢 |
[29:55] | That’s a crime. Will you, please? | 真是不应该 拜托你 好不好 |
[29:58] | – Oh, yeah. Sing. Sing. – I couldn’t possibly. | -唱一段 唱一段 -我唱不出 |
[30:01] | – Okay! – Come here, wife. | -好吧 -来这边 媳妇 |
[30:03] | Sit. Sit. | 坐 坐这里 |
[30:04] | Could do that for you here. | 为你而唱 |
[30:06] | It’s in the key of A. | 这是A大调 |
[30:07] | Whoa. Watch where you point that A. | 你的A可别乱指 |
[30:10] | This is my wife. | 这是我老婆 |
[30:14] | *Daisy, daisy* | *雏菊* |
[30:17] | *Give me your answer, do* | *一定要给我答案* |
[30:21] | *I’m half crazy* | *我要疯了* |
[30:24] | *Over the love of you…* | *爱你爱到发疯…* |
[30:34] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[30:36] | We’ll see you tomorrow. | 明天见 |
[30:44] | Glass of water? | 喝水吗 |
[30:48] | Glass of anything. I’m at your mercy. | 喝什么都行 听你的 |
[30:57] | This used to be the Winters’ palace, no? | 以前温特一家住在这里吧 |
[30:59] | – Mm. – Yeah. | -对 -没错 |
[31:01] | You’ve certainly warmed the place up. | 你们把这里装饰得很有家的氛围啊 |
[31:17] | Cheers. | 干杯 |
[31:23] | I know what you’re doing. | 我知道你们在干什么 |
[31:27] | Line 135. | 第135条线 |
[31:32] | I haven’t the foggiest idea what you mean. | 我完全不知道你在说什么 |
[31:33] | Sorry. | 抱歉 |
[31:35] | Wait, your scheduled calls. | 等下 你安排了通话时间 |
[31:38] | Clicks and clacks. | 只有咔嚓声 |
[31:41] | Mrs. Isaacs, the clicks and clacks are technical. | 艾萨克夫人 咔嚓声是技术问题 |
[31:44] | They’re rather tedious, I’m afraid. It’s part of the work. | 确实是很乏味 但那是工作的一部分 |
[31:47] | The telephone isn’t just for gossip and grocery lists, you know? | 电话不是用来八卦和商量购物清单的 |
[31:49] | I’m not sure what Constance has told you. | 我不知道康斯坦丝告诉了你些什么 |
[31:50] | So, you do know Constance? | 这么说你确实认识康斯坦丝 |
[31:52] | – Well, of course, uh… – Of course you know her. | -当然 -你当然认识她 |
[31:54] | She connects your calls every day. | 每天都是她帮你接通电话 |
[31:55] | And what are the chances of that, I wonder. | 而且我在想这可多巧合啊 |
[31:57] | – She’s not assigned to that line. – I misspoke. | -那条线并不由她负责 -我说错话了 |
[32:00] | When you were writing sonnets with your tongue. | 当你轻吟小黄诗的时候 |
[32:04] | There’s no record of those calls in the logbooks. | 那些通话完全没被记录在日志里 |
[32:07] | Even Dr. Oppenheimer’s calls are logged. | 连奥本海默博士的电话都被记录了 |
[32:10] | Mrs. Isaacs– Abby– sorry, if I may, | 艾萨克夫人 艾比 抱歉冒昧问下 |
[32:12] | if you think I’ve done something wrong, why lure me here? | 如果你觉得我做错事了 为什么还引我来这 |
[32:15] | Am I to, what, confess? | 希望我怎么做 坦白吗 |
[32:18] | Is Inspector Lestrade going to jump out, pistol drawn? | 雷斯垂德探长是不是马上就要跳出来对我开枪 |
[32:29] | I don’t mean to sound flip. | 我并不想言语轻浮 |
[32:34] | Truth is you’ve caught me. | 事实是你抓到我了 |
[32:37] | I’m on a mission… | 我有任务在身 |
[32:40] | of vengeance. | 为了复仇 |
[32:43] | Not that she seems to have noticed, of course. | 不过她看来根本没发现 |
[32:47] | Constance? | 报复康斯坦丝 |
[32:51] | Helen Prins. | 是海伦·普林斯 |
[32:54] | And I won’t pretend that you don’t know | 我不会装作你不知道 |
[32:55] | what she did to both of us. | 她对我们俩做了什么 |
[32:58] | Switchboard girl knows everything. | 对接线员而言没有秘密 |
[33:00] | Where your husband was last evening, for example. | 比如说昨晚你丈夫人在哪里 |
[33:08] | You didn’t know. | 看来你并不知道 |
[33:13] | Well, seems that he and Helen | 看来他跟海伦 |
[33:15] | have fallen back into one another’s orbit. | 又找回了往日的激情 |
[33:21] | I’m so sorry. | 我很抱歉 |
[33:25] | Marriage is a bit of business in this part of the world. | 在这个地方婚姻只是种交易 |
[33:28] | I mean, ask Constance’s husband. | 不信你去问康斯坦丝的丈夫 |
[33:32] | I’m not proud. | 我并不以此为傲 |
[33:34] | But I’m baffled, frankly, by your husband. | 但说实话 你丈夫让我很困惑 |
[33:37] | How he manages to keep straying so far afield with you at home? | 有你在家里 他怎么还能在外彩旗飘飘 |
[33:46] | These great minds– | 这些伟大的科学家 |
[33:47] | and I’m not one, I don’t flatter myself– | 我并不算是 我有自知之明 |
[33:52] | they’re quite mad, you know? | 他们都很疯狂 你知道 |
[33:55] | Always chasing after the invisible. | 总是追逐着虚无的一切 |
[33:58] | And they’re missing what’s right in front of them. | 却忽视了眼前的一切 |
[34:16] | Dr. Crosley just helped me– he gave me a ride home. | 克罗斯利博士刚帮了我 他骑车送我回家 |
[34:23] | I heard you dried out, Paul. | 我听说你戒酒了 保罗 |
[34:26] | Right, yes. | 对 没错 |
[34:27] | Gosh, I knew I’d forgotten something. | 老天 我就知道我忘了点什么事 |
[34:30] | – Thank you, Mrs. Isaacs. – Thank you. | -谢谢你 艾萨克夫人 -该我谢谢你 |
[34:36] | Mr. Isaacs. | 艾萨克先生回见 |
[35:12] | 86. | 30摄氏度 |
[35:20] | 87. | 30.6摄氏度 |
[35:22] | Well, look at the bright side– | 往好的方面想 |
[35:24] | if you poke the dragon, we boil together. | 如果你摸了老虎屁股 我们会一起完蛋 |
[35:26] | Stop it. Stop talking. | 停下 你闭嘴 |
[35:27] | You know, there were times that I envied the spies. | 你知道我以前有时会羡慕间谍 |
[35:31] | They never worked alone. | 他们从不单独行动 |
[35:33] | Rendezvouses, meetings, signals, betrayals– | 密约 开会 沟通暗号 还有背叛 |
[35:35] | one big, happy family. | 一个欢乐的大家庭 |
[35:37] | – Wanna hear a joke? – No. | -想听个笑话吗 -不想 |
[35:39] | How do you catch a communist? | 怎么抓共产党 |
[35:41] | Hold a meeting. | 举行会议就行 |
[35:43] | Not a joke, actually, a real tactic. | 其实不是笑话 是真的策略 |
[35:45] | The FBI– a bunch of amateurs– | 联调局 都是一帮菜鸟 |
[35:47] | but even they know how to read a hotel registry | 但即便是他们都知道如何看酒店登记表 |
[35:50] | or a passenger manifest. | 或是乘客名单 |
[35:53] | Or a petition. | 或是请愿书 |
[35:55] | The best blacklists, frank, are the ones the traitors sign | 最棒的黑名单 法兰克 都是由叛徒们 |
[35:59] | all by themselves. | 亲笔签名的 |
[36:06] | Darrow wanted to see who signed the Petition | 达罗想看都有谁签了那份请愿书 |
[36:08] | so– so he could use it against us. | 这样他就能用它来对付我们 |
[36:11] | And you thought I abused my badge. | 你觉得我滥用了职权 |
[36:13] | Devil you knew. | 你认识的人中 这样做的不止我一个 |
[36:18] | Where do you think you’re going, Frank? | 你要去哪 法兰克 |
[36:21] | Do you think those fellas out there | 你觉得外面那些家伙 |
[36:22] | are going to let you go back? | 会让你回去吗 |
[36:24] | With Bush in town and all this work here left to do? | 布什来了镇上 还有这些工作要做 |
[36:28] | Sorry, Cinderella, no ball for you. | 抱歉 灰姑娘 你去不成舞会 |
[36:34] | Now, Frank, | 那么 法兰克 |
[36:36] | that might be the worst idea you’ve had all year, | 那可能是你全年中最糟的想法 |
[36:38] | and that is saying something. | 那可能说明了些问题 |
[36:40] | What, poke the dragon, get a sick-out? | 怎么 摸了虎屁股然后休病假吗 |
[36:42] | Medical evacuation back to the Hill? | 紧急送你回镇上治疗 |
[36:44] | Save the day? No. | 然后你挽回局面 别做梦了 |
[36:46] | No, Frank, no. Don’t, don’t, don’t, don’t. | 别 法兰克 停下 快停下 |
[36:49] | Frank, don’t. | 法兰克 住手 |
[36:55] | Hey, Jesus, Frank. Every time you nudge the thing, | 老天 法兰克 你每推一次 |
[36:58] | the temperature jumps another three degrees. | 温度就升高近两度 |
[37:01] | 90! | 32.2摄氏度 |
[37:03] | 93! | 33.9摄氏度 |
[37:05] | 97! | 36.1摄氏度 |
[37:08] | Oh, shit, let’s go. | 该死 我们走 |
[37:11] | This is it. Come on, guys, go! | 到此为止 快啊伙计们 我们走 |
[37:26] | What was that, 99%? | 刚才有多少 99% |
[37:29] | Get the car. | 去开车 |
[37:35] | Morning. Thank you. | 早上好 谢谢 |
[38:00] | Excuse me. I’m sorry. | 打扰下 抱歉 |
[38:06] | – Where’s Frank Winter, please? – This is his room. | -请问法兰克·温特在哪个房间 -就这间 |
[38:24] | Get the staff… | 召集员工 |
[38:27] | all of them. | 召集全体人员 |
[38:37] | Colonel, may we have a word in private? | 上校 我们能私下谈谈吗 |
[38:41] | My office. | 去我办公室 |
[38:48] | I’m sorry to interrupt you, Sir, but I have something to report. | 抱歉打扰您 长官 但我有事要报告 |
[38:55] | I work the switchboard, you know. | 我是位电话接线员 |
[38:57] | Well, of course you know, | 你当然知道了 |
[38:58] | and, um, sometimes we hear things. | 有时我们会听到些事情 |
[39:03] | Paul crosley– Dr. Crosley. | 保罗·克罗斯利 克罗斯利博士 |
[39:07] | Well, I had to employ | 我不得不有了些 |
[39:10] | some fairly unorthodox tactics | 不太上台面的方法 |
[39:13] | to draw him out. | 才引出了他 |
[39:14] | But he and Constance Faraday, our new british transfer, | 他和我们新调来的英国员工康斯坦丝·法拉第 |
[39:17] | are involved in something with the telephone, | 在利用电话做些什么事情 |
[39:21] | Line 135, every day like clockwork | 第135条线 每天准点打来 |
[39:23] | with some kind of signal on the other line. | 电话另一端是某种信号声 |
[39:26] | Thank you, Mrs. Isaacs. | 谢谢你 艾萨克夫人 |
[39:29] | America is strongest when her citizens do their duty. | 所有公民都忠于职守 美国才会愈发强盛 |
[39:37] | Well… | 那么 |
[39:39] | all right, then. Thank you, Sir. | 那好吧 谢谢你 长官 |
[39:46] | – I was so glad to see you at the Seder. – Yes. | -我很高兴在逾越节家宴上碰到你 -是 |
[39:49] | This Hill suffers from a lack of faith, you may have noticed. | 你可能注意到了 这镇上太缺乏信仰 |
[39:53] | – I blame all the scientists. – So do I. | -我觉得都怪那帮科学家 -我也是 |
[39:57] | We have such great need of faith in these difficult times. | 越是这种困难时刻 我们越需要信仰 |
[40:03] | Yes. | 对 |
[40:05] | Yes. It’s… | 是啊 这一年 |
[40:07] | been a very hard year with the war and the camps. | 经历了战争 集中营 真的是很难熬 |
[40:12] | And the baby. | 还有孩子的事 |
[40:16] | – Yes. – I’m sorry, I didn’t mean to upset you. | -没错 -抱歉 我并不想让你难受 |
[40:19] | No, you didn’t really. It’s, um… | 不 你没有 只是 |
[40:21] | I– I– I can’t hear it again. | 我不想再听一遍 |
[40:24] | Hear what? | 听什么 |
[40:27] | That these things just happen. | 这种事情总是会发生 |
[40:31] | And that there’s no reason for it. | 并没有什么原因 |
[40:35] | Of course there’s a reason. | 有果一定有因 |
[40:39] | You’re in pain. | 你现在很痛苦 |
[40:41] | Don’t fight it. | 别与之抗争 |
[40:43] | Pain is His voice, | 痛苦是祂在发声 |
[40:45] | reminding you that you’re alive | 为了提醒你 你还活着 |
[40:47] | and at His mercy. | 在祂的指引之下 |
[40:49] | In difficult times most of all, | 在大多困难时刻 |
[40:51] | His voice is everywhere. | 到处都能听到祂的声音 |
[40:56] | My wife was thrown through the windshield of a car. | 我的妻子撞破了挡风玻璃 被甩出了车 |
[41:00] | She lived, Mrs. Isaacs. | 她还活着 艾萨克夫人 |
[41:02] | And her pain is constant | 她持续遭受着痛苦 |
[41:05] | for a reason. | 是事出有因的 |
[41:08] | We can know His reason | 我们能领会祂的意图 |
[41:11] | if we have the strength to listen. | 只要我们足够坚强去聆听 |
[41:15] | Will you? | 你能做到吗 |
[41:18] | Listen. | 仔细聆听 |
[41:22] | With me. | 与我一起 |
[42:04] | Sir? M.I.T. is landing. | 长官 重要人物已经到了 |
[42:24] | We’re all here for a reason. | 我们聚集在此只为一个原因 |
[42:27] | We’re all here for a reason. | 我们所有人聚集在此只为一个原因 |
[42:28] | We all know what that reason is. | 我们都知道那原因是什么 |
[42:32] | To drop an atomic weapon on a Japanese city, | 为了在一座日本城市投下原子弹 |
[42:35] | Killing 30 to 50 thousand people. | 杀死3到5万人 |
[42:38] | Mostly civilians, women and children. | 几乎所有市民 女人和小孩 |
[42:47] | If that’s not why you’re here, | 如果你来这里不是为了这个 |
[42:49] | you’re in the wrong room. | 那你进错房间了 |
[42:52] | If you thought you were racing the Nazis to a super weapon, | 如果你以为你在追赶纳粹制造超级武器 |
[42:54] | your ignorance has been engineered. | 你们只是被蒙蔽了 |
[42:58] | You’ve been sold a comic book. | 你们被灌输了谎言 |
[43:00] | Frank? | 法兰克 |
[43:03] | There is no German bomb. | 根本没有什么德国炸弹 |
[43:06] | The Army has known that for a long time | 军方对此早已知情 |
[43:07] | and so has Dr. Isaacs. | 艾萨克博士也知道 |
[43:12] | Is there a German bomb, Dr. Isaacs? | 德国在造原子弹吗 艾萨克博士 |
[43:21] | – I don’t know. – You don’t know. | -我不知道 -你不知道 |
[43:23] | – And how long have you not known? – It doesn’t matter. | -你不知情多久了 -这并不重要 |
[43:26] | The Gadget is gonna end this war. | 小玩意将会终结这场战争 |
[43:29] | It’s gonna save lives. | 将会拯救生命 |
[43:31] | Hitler is finished. | 希特勒已经完蛋了 |
[43:32] | Every industrial center in Germany is an ash heap. | 德国的所有工业中心已被夷为平地 |
[43:35] | The Russians are rolling in. | 俄国人已攻入德国境内 |
[43:37] | Yet I haven’t noticed a second sun over Moscow | 我可没发现在莫斯科或斯大林格勒或伦敦上空 |
[43:40] | or Stalingrad or London, have you? | 看到所谓的太阳能炮 你呢 |
[43:42] | What does that tell you as a scientist? | 你作为科学家能得出什么结论 |
[43:50] | Ignorance is forgivable. | 被蒙蔽可以被原谅 |
[43:53] | It’s what comes next that is not. | 之后要说的才真正不可饶恕 |
[43:58] | Less than a quarter of you signed this petition. | 你们中间不到四分之一的人签了这份请愿书 |
[44:00] | I don’t blame anybody who didn’t. | 我不怪那些没签名的人 |
[44:02] | For one thing, I’ve been a son of a bitch. | 第一个原因 我一直是个混蛋 |
[44:06] | I’ve disrespected half the people in this room. | 我曾粗暴对待这屋子里一半的人 |
[44:13] | A lot of you have good reasons | 你们很多人有充分理由 |
[44:15] | not to put your names on something I wrote. | 不在我写的材料上签名 |
[44:18] | For another thing… | 还有个原因 |
[44:21] | this petition– | 这份请愿书 |
[44:25] | this petition is a blacklist. | 这份请愿书就是份黑名单 |
[44:30] | Anybody know the half-life of an FBI file? | 有人知道联调局材料的半衰期有多长吗 |
[44:34] | It’s longer than any of our natural lives. | 比我们所有人活得都要长 |
[44:39] | They’ve been using me to divide us. | 他们一直利用我来分裂大家 |
[44:43] | But instead– | 但反过来 |
[44:45] | instead we’re going to surprise them. | 我们要反过来令他们大吃一惊 |
[44:49] | All of us or none. | 所有人共进退 否则一事无成 |
[44:51] | F.D.R.’s scientific advisor is here on the Hill. | 罗斯福总统的科学顾问现在就在镇上 |
[44:55] | This is our last chance to send the President a message. | 这是我们最后向总统传递信息的机会 |
[44:58] | They can build this bomb | 没有政治家 没有将军 |
[44:59] | without– without statesmen, without generals, | 他们依然可以制造原子弹 |
[45:02] | but they can’t build it without us. | 但他们不能没有我们 |
[45:04] | So I’m– | 所以我 |
[45:06] | I’m gonna walk out the door right now. | 我现在就将走出这道门 |
[45:10] | I’m probably gonna wind up in the brig. | 我很可能因此被关禁闭 |
[45:13] | But I’m asking you to follow me. | 但我请求你们跟随我 |
[45:16] | If you believe we have a moral responsibility | 如果你认为 对我们所造东西的未来 |
[45:18] | for the future of what we are building here, follow me. | 我们背负着道德责任 那就跟我来 |
[45:22] | If you believe Japan deserves whatever it gets, follow me. | 如果你认为日本理应被惩罚 那就跟我来 |
[45:24] | Follow me no matter what you believe so long as you believe | 不论你相信什么 只要你认为 |
[45:27] | the scientists who designed this Gadget | 设计小玩意的科学家在决定如何使用它时 |
[45:29] | should have some say in how it is used! | 应占有一席之地 那就跟我来 |
[45:37] | All of us, | 所有人共进退 |
[45:39] | or none. | 否则一事无成 |
[45:42] | But any ignorance | 但从现在起 |
[45:44] | from here on out | 任何被蒙蔽的行为 |
[45:45] | is willful. | 都是故意为之 |
[45:49] | And won’t be forgiven. | 永远都不会被原谅 |
[45:51] | Not by any God worth inventing. | 不被任何被创造出的神所原谅 |
[45:53] | Not by any democracy worth fighting for. | 不被任何我们为之奋斗的民主所原谅 |
[47:15] | Sir, the President is dead. | 长官 总统去世了 |
[48:07] | We interrupt this program with a “World News” update. | 我们插播一段《世界新闻》 |
[48:11] | President Roosevelt has died. | 罗斯福总统已去世 |
[48:14] | Reports have emerged suggesting he suffered a cerebral hemorrhage. | 有消息称他死于脑出血 |
[48:18] | The President was sitting for a portrait | 总统当时正在为肖像画做模特 |
[48:20] | when he complained of a “terrific headache.” | 突然开始抱怨头非常疼 |
[48:25] | Vice President Harry S. Truman | 副总统哈里·S·杜鲁门 |
[48:27] | received the news at the Capitol, | 得知消息时人在国会大厦 |
[48:29] | whereupon the Secret Service rushed him to the White House | 然后被特勤局紧急送往白宫 |
[48:32] | and he was sworn in by Chief Justice Harlan Stone. | 在首席大法官哈伦·斯通的见证下宣誓就职 |
[48:37] | He has been one of the greatest leaders of this country. | 他是我国最伟大的领袖之一 |
[48:40] | He has been one of the greatest leaders of humanity. | 也是所有人类的伟大领袖 |
[48:43] | And his name will be left to us as a lover of men, | 在美国人民心中 他永远是一位博爱的智者 |
[48:47] | as a servant of their freedom, | 人们的自由卫士 |
[48:49] | and as a wise and patient leader | 并在历史上最残酷的为自由发起的战争中 |
[48:51] | in the greatest war ever fought for freedom. | 充当着一位智慧并有耐心的领袖 |
[48:55] | What we know at this hour | 我们的最新消息称 |
[48:56] | is that the President died at his home | 总统已于他在乔治亚州沃姆斯普林斯的 |
[48:58] | in Warm Springs, Georgia. | 宅邸内去世 |
[49:01] | Mr. Roosevelt has piloted the nation, | 罗斯福先生带领着整个国家 |
[49:03] | if not through victory, | 即便还未完全赢得胜利 |
[49:05] | to within sight of victory. | 也已看到了曙光 |
[49:07] | Lincoln’s death removed him from leadership | 林肯的死让他无法再领导 |
[49:10] | in the time of Reconstruction. | 美国的重建 |
[49:12] | President Roosevelt’s death has removed him | 罗斯福总统的死让他无法再领导我们 |
[49:15] | from the greatest task ever faced by men | 完成人类有史以来最艰巨的任务 |
[49:18] | of making peace and building a secure | 即打造一个和平 安宁 |
[49:21] | and neighborly world. | 和友好的世界 |