时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:03] | You didn’t congratulate me. | 你还没恭喜我 |
[00:04] | For what, getting the lead in a racialist play? | 恭喜你什么 在种族主义话剧里当主角吗 |
[00:07] | You need to lay off that pitch pipe. | 你得放下那根调音管 |
[00:09] | It’s cutting off the oxygen to your brain. | 它让你脑子不好使了 |
[00:11] | We should be studying the radiological effects of the test. | 我们应该研究试验带来的放射性影响 |
[00:13] | I swallowed 24 micrograms of plutonium in 1943. | 1943年我吞了24微克钚 |
[00:16] | I still make the Geiger counter sing. | 现在盖格尔计数器还是有反应 |
[00:18] | I have followed your orders to the letter. | 我事事都按你得要求做了 |
[00:20] | I haven’t spoken to my husband in months, as you know. | 我几个月都没跟我丈夫说过话 |
[00:22] | You want me to grand you access | 你想我允许你进入 |
[00:24] | to the most secure site in the Western Hemisphere | 西半球最机密的工厂 |
[00:27] | so that you can… | 以便你能… |
[00:27] | Determine the health effects of atomic radiation and debris. | 确认原子辐射及废弃物对健康的影响 |
[00:30] | Oh, Jesus, Helen. | 天哪 海伦 |
[00:32] | You owe me a lot more than a whiskey sour. | 你欠我的可不止一杯威士忌酸酒 |
[00:34] | Uh, that drink was actually for me. | 那杯酒其实是我给你点的 |
[00:35] | Come to G group. We need you. I need you. | 来G组吧 我们需要你 我需要你 |
[00:39] | If you believe we have a moral responsibility | 如果你认为 对我们所造东西的未来 |
[00:41] | for the future of what we are building here, follow me. | 我们背负着道德责任 那就跟我来 |
[00:46] | If we are the only ones who have it, | 如果世界上只有我们有这种炸弹 |
[00:47] | we’ll probably blow up the world. | 很可能会将地球炸为灰烬 |
[00:49] | But if Stalin has a bomb in his pocket, too, | 但如果斯大林也有这种炸弹 |
[00:52] | it’s a stalemate. Nobody dies. | 那就是个僵局 不会有人丧命 |
[00:56] | Get the legs. | 你搬他的腿 |
[01:01] | You’re the only one that knows what I am. | 你是唯一一个知道我真实身份的人 |
[01:43] | Well, the car they found in Colorado, | 他们在科罗拉多州发现了那辆车 |
[01:45] | but that poor man’s badge? | 但知道那个可怜人的工牌在哪儿吗 |
[01:49] | Tell. | 快告诉我 |
[01:50] | Over by the pueblo. | 离村子不远的地方 |
[01:53] | We get frisked at the gate, | 我们进大门还得搜身 |
[01:55] | meanwhile the natives come and go as they please. | 那帮本地人却来去自如 |
[01:58] | The Army’ll be looking under every poncho from now on. | 军方会开始搜查所有当地人 |
[02:01] | A dead security agent and a spy on the Hill? | 死了个安保人员 镇上还有间谍 |
[02:07] | Speaking of Indians, what’s your girl doing to the Hoover? | 说到印第安人 你女儿在胡佛那里怎么样了 |
[02:10] | I don’t know. Praying to it. | 不知道 但愿没事吧 |
[02:12] | She probably thinks it’s a god. | 估计她觉得那人是上帝 |
[02:18] | My son saw something. | 我儿子看到了个东西 |
[02:22] | What do you mean, something? | 什么叫”东西” |
[02:26] | Someone. | 是个人 |
[03:07] | Pablo, if we put the man you saw in front of you, | 帕布罗 如果我们把你见过的那个人带来 |
[03:10] | would you be able to recognize him? | 你能认出他来吗 |
[03:20] | Do you think we could bury the tomahawk? | 你觉得我们能终结与印第安人的对峙吗 |
[03:24] | Well, you may have bollixed your precious career, | 你可能得放弃宝贵的工作 |
[03:25] | but at least you can say you stood on the right side of history. | 但至少你可以说自己迎合了历史的趋势 |
[03:28] | I’m really not in the mood, Paul. | 我现在没那个心情 保罗 |
[03:30] | No, I mean it. I wouldn’t have had the stones. | 我是认真的 我肯定没那个胆子 |
[03:33] | Seriously. | 真的 |
[03:46] | Dr. Sinclair. | 辛克莱尔博士 |
[03:50] | Would you come with me, please? | 请跟我来 |
[04:08] | Well, I suppose we all saw that coming. | 在我们意料之中啊 |
[04:59] | Good morning, my love. | 早上好 亲爱的 |
[05:01] | Mrs. Isaacs isn’t there, I hope. | 希望艾萨克夫人不在 |
[05:05] | Good. | 那就好 |
[05:06] | Probably off reading some Agatha Christie novel, isn’t she? | 可能去看阿加莎·克里斯蒂的破案小说去了吧 |
[05:09] | Go on, then. Put me through. | 那帮我连线吧 |
[05:30] | Morning, Dr. Sinclair. | 早上好 辛克莱尔博士 |
[05:33] | I thought maybe we’d seen the last of you. | 我以为再也见不到你了 |
[05:35] | Sorry to disappoint. | 抱歉让你失望了 |
[05:37] | Colonel’s got you packing his lunchbox, has he? | 上校让你给他准备午餐吗 |
[05:40] | We’re all somebody’s houseboy, I guess. | 人上有人 我们都是某个人的手下 |
[05:42] | You’re Dr. Hogarth’s, right? | 你是贺加斯博士吧 |
[05:45] | That why you’re here so early? Fetching his coffee? | 你要给他送咖啡 所以才来这么早吧 |
[05:50] | We Brits prefer tea, actually. | 我们英国人更爱喝茶 |
[06:02] | – Clubfoots? – Yeah, my great uncle had it. | -畸形足 -我爷爷的兄弟得过 |
[06:06] | The doctor says it runs in families. | 医生说会遗传 |
[06:08] | I mean, it can’t run very fast. | 也不会传得那么快吧 |
[06:10] | Fritzie! I don’t care if our kids have no feet | 福瑞茨 我才不在乎我们得孩子有没有脚 |
[06:13] | as long as they’re ours. | 只要是我们的孩子就好 |
[06:15] | Okay, but if you get pregnant, | 但如果你怀孕了 |
[06:17] | they’ll kick you out of the Army. | 他们就会让你离开军队 |
[06:19] | You keep telling me the war will be over by fall anyway. | 反正你一直告诉我到了秋天战争就结束了 |
[06:21] | Well, you know, I’m prone to hyperbole. | 我可能有点夸张 |
[06:24] | Don’t you want children? | 你不想要孩子吗 |
[06:27] | I mean, is this because of my old night job? | 因为我以前的工作吗 |
[06:29] | No! No, no, no, no. | 不 不是 |
[06:31] | Having kids with you is | 和你生孩子 |
[06:32] | the number one thing that I want out of life. | 是我这辈子最想做的事 |
[06:34] | I just wonder if maybe we should, you know, wait. | 我只是想再等等 |
[06:37] | See what my prospects are like after the war. | 看看战争结束后我的前程如何 |
[06:39] | Why do I feel like there’s something you’re not telling me? | 我怎么觉得你有事瞒着我 |
[06:45] | Okay, um, the doc, | 好吧 医生 |
[06:49] | he did give me some other bad news. | 确实告诉了我另一个坏消息 |
[06:52] | He said… | 他说 |
[06:57] | that I need to lose a few pounds. | 我得减点体重 |
[07:02] | I don’t want you to lose a single ounce. | 我不想让你瘦一斤 |
[07:06] | – Well. – Well, except the mustache. | -是吗 -除了小胡子 |
[07:07] | – It’s a little– – What? | -有点… -什么 |
[07:09] | Scratchy. | 扎人 |
[07:10] | Really? | 是吗 |
[07:14] | Hey! Look! Clark Gable! | 看啊 是克拉克·盖博 |
[07:17] | Are you two skipping school? | 你们俩要逃课吗 |
[07:18] | No, I’m off to the desert. | 不 我要去沙漠 |
[07:20] | But I’ll be back in time to see you on the boards. | 但我会及时赶回来看你登台 |
[07:22] | That’s theater lingo, right? | 那是剧场术语吧 |
[07:23] | Well, sat this rate, I might not make it to opening night. | 以现在的速度 可能都赶不上开场了 |
[07:25] | Well, hey, if you get stage fright, | 如果你紧张了 |
[07:27] | just picture everyone naked. | 就想象观众都是裸体 |
[07:28] | Except Jeannie. | 除了金妮 |
[07:30] | I got to go, boys. | 我得走了 |
[07:31] | – Bye-bye. – See you Friday. | -拜拜 -周五见 |
[07:33] | – Bye. – Bye! | -拜 -拜 |
[07:39] | The doctor says I still got three or four micrograms | 医生说我肚子里 |
[07:41] | swimming around in my gut. | 还剩三到四克钚 |
[07:44] | How do you tell your wife | 你要怎么告诉老婆 |
[07:45] | that you could have a kid with three heads? | 你可能会生出三个头的孩子 |
[07:48] | Well, just be honest. | 实话实说 |
[07:51] | You guys love each other. | 你们相爱 |
[07:52] | You’ll figure it out. | 你们会想到办法解决的 |
[07:57] | Okay. Thanks. | 好吧 谢了 |
[08:01] | – It’s not him. – Go ahead. | -不是他 -走吧 |
[08:17] | Ko-Ko, one of your geishas is sick. | 科科 有个艺妓病了 |
[08:19] | Emergency rehearsal in 20. | 20分钟后要紧急彩排 |
[08:26] | Wait. What– what exactly did he see? | 等下 他到底看到了什么 |
[08:31] | He said that he saw a guy bury a box in the desert. | 他说自己看到一个男人在沙漠里埋了个盒子 |
[08:33] | What was a little kid doing out in the desert? | 小孩子去沙漠干什么 |
[08:35] | They live there. That’s not the point. | 他们就住在那里 那不是重点 |
[08:37] | Well, who’s to say he’d recognize me? | 那他也不一定会认出我啊 |
[08:38] | And even if he did, what did he see? | 就算认出来了 他看到了什么 |
[08:40] | He saw me bury a candy bar. What does that prove? | 他看见我埋了巧克力棒 又能证明什么 |
[08:43] | A candy bar with code written on the wrapper in your handwriting. | 巧克力棒的包装纸上有你亲笔写的密码 |
[08:46] | It’s just a matter of time before they recognizes you. | 他们早晚会认出你 |
[08:49] | Here. Take this. Say you’re taking a day trip to Santa Fe | 拿着这个 就说你要去圣菲一日游 |
[08:52] | and then cross the Texas border. | 穿过德克萨斯边境 |
[08:54] | What’s in Texas? | 德克萨斯有什么 |
[08:55] | There is a motel called the Palmetto in El Paso | 在埃尔巴索有一个汽车旅馆叫帕尔梅托 |
[08:58] | and someone’s gonna meet you there. | 有人在那儿和你会合 |
[09:00] | If I disappear, I’m gonna look guilty. | 我要是走了 会看起来像畏罪潜逃 |
[09:03] | You are guilty. | 你就是有罪 |
[09:06] | When do I come back? | 我什么时候回来 |
[09:11] | Oh. No. No, no, no. | 不不不 |
[09:13] | No, no, no. | 不不不 |
[09:14] | This is– this is insane. | 这简直是疯了 |
[09:17] | I can’t just– | 我不能就这样… |
[09:19] | I can’t walk away from my life. | 我不能就这样抛下一切 |
[09:20] | You already did. | 你已经离开了 |
[09:26] | You’re gonna be fine. | 你会没事的 |
[09:30] | Come with me. | 和我一起走 |
[09:34] | It’s not protocol. | 这不符合条例 |
[09:36] | What about you and me? | 那我们俩呢 |
[09:38] | Was that protocol? | 那是条例的一部分吗 |
[09:55] | The man you’re looking for, he works with polonium. | 你要找的人在工作中会用到钋 |
[09:59] | The man I’m looking for? | 我要找的人 |
[10:02] | An intelligence officer was killed. | 一名情报官员被杀了 |
[10:04] | I assumed you wouldn’t have asked me to assay this box | 我想你之所以让我检测这个盒子 |
[10:08] | unless it was evidence. | 是因为它是证据吧 |
[10:10] | You found polonium? | 检测到钋含量了吗 |
[10:11] | Refined from bismuth and manufactured in Dayton, Ohio. | 是通过铋提炼并在俄亥俄州的代顿市制造的 |
[10:15] | The only men on this hill with any use for it | 镇上用到钋的人 |
[10:17] | work on the initiator. | 是那几个在研究发生器的 |
[10:19] | 23, by my count. | 我数了 有23人 |
[10:27] | Colonel, why come to me? | 上校 为什么找我 |
[10:30] | I read your file. | 我看了你的档案 |
[10:31] | You’re a man who doesn’t cut corners. | 你从不偷懒耍滑 |
[10:34] | But how do you know I’m not the traitor? | 但是你怎么知道我不是叛徒 |
[10:36] | Most people on this hill take one look at me | 镇子上的大多数人只要看我一眼 |
[10:38] | and assume I’m some kind of criminal. | 就认定我犯了某种罪 |
[10:39] | Which would diminish your utility as a spy, I’d imagine. | 我想这会减弱你作为一个间谍的能力 |
[10:43] | You so much as jaywalked, | 你即使只是犯了一点小错 |
[10:44] | I’d have a dozen well-meaning bigots in here | 也会有许多善意的偏执狂 |
[10:46] | calling for your head. | 想要你的命 |
[10:48] | In my experience, bigots don’t often mean well. | 根据我的经验 偏执狂很少是善意的 |
[10:52] | Your dedication will be rewarded, Dr. Sinclair. | 我们会嘉奖你的贡献 辛克莱尔博士 |
[11:06] | That lake where they found the murdered body? | 那个发现死尸的湖 |
[11:08] | It’s a reservoir. | 是个水库 |
[11:09] | People drink that water. | 人们喝那里面的水 |
[11:12] | Of course, the fish picked him clean | 当然 鱼群像吃自助餐一样 |
[11:13] | like an all-you-can-eat buffet. | 把他啃食干净了 |
[11:14] | Hey. Little pitchers… | 有小孩在旁边呢 |
[11:20] | Hey, she’s not scaring you, is she? | 她没吓到你吧 |
[11:24] | Me neither. You want to know why? | 也没吓到我 知道为什么吗 |
[11:28] | Well… | 你瞧 |
[11:31] | You see this lady? This is Athena. | 看到这位女士了吗 她是雅典娜 |
[11:34] | She’s a famous warrior | 她是一位著名的战士 |
[11:35] | and she watches over the Women’s Army Corps. | 她时刻关照着陆军妇女队 |
[11:38] | As long as I wear this, no one can hurt me. | 只要我戴着这个 就没人能伤害我 |
[11:41] | You want to try it? | 你想试试吗 |
[11:43] | Okay. | 好的 |
[11:46] | Now you don’t have to worry. | 现在你无需担心了 |
[11:48] | If you see the man, you know you’re protected. | 如果你再看到他 你知道自己是被保护的 |
[11:55] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[12:01] | Okay, I’m sorry. | 抱歉 |
[12:02] | Colonel’s revoked all passage for tech area staff. | 上校取消了所有技术区人员的通行证 |
[12:06] | Since when? | 什么时候的事 |
[12:07] | There’s no travel off the Hill till further notice. | 在接到进一步指示前所有人禁止离开小镇 |
[12:11] | Yeah. Back up. | 往后退 |
[12:27] | They stopped him at the gate, | 他们在大门那里拦下了他 |
[12:29] | but he can’t hide out in his room forever. | 但他不能永远躲在屋里 |
[12:30] | He’s got work and he’s the lead in the play. | 他有工作 他是话剧的主角 |
[12:34] | You sure the boy saw him? | 你确定那个孩子看到他了 |
[12:36] | They seem sure. | 他们似乎很确定 |
[12:39] | But he’s not as green as you think. | 但是他没有你认为的那么缺乏经验 |
[12:40] | He might be able to talk his way out of it. | 他或许能花言巧语摆脱困境 |
[12:44] | There’s a cathedra in Santa Fe. | 圣菲有一座教堂 |
[12:47] | Basilica of St. Francis. Do you know it? | 圣方济各教堂 你知道吗 |
[12:51] | I’ve not had a lot of time for sightseeing. | 我没什么时间去旅游 |
[12:53] | It’s the third church | 这是在那个地点 |
[12:54] | to be built on the same plot of land. | 建起的第三座教堂 |
[12:57] | The first one, the Pueblo tore down | 第一座在普韦布洛人 |
[12:59] | when they threw out the Spanish… | 赶走西班牙人和上帝的时候 |
[13:00] | and God. | 被拆了 |
[13:03] | The Spanish come back a few years later, | 几年后西班牙人又回来了 |
[13:06] | build a bigger church. | 建了一座更大的教堂 |
[13:07] | Then tear that one down themselves, | 然后又自己把那座拆掉了 |
[13:10] | build an even bigger one. | 建了一座更大的 |
[13:13] | Now God can really put his feet up. | 现在上帝可以随意伸展腿脚了 |
[13:15] | What is the punch line? | 你想说什么 |
[13:16] | Sometimes you have to burn what you’ve built | 有时候想变强大 |
[13:18] | if you want to grow. | 必须要毁掉现有的从头开始 |
[13:20] | We need him. | 我们需要他 |
[13:23] | “Brooklyn”. No ideology. | 布鲁克林人 没有思想 |
[13:26] | No beliefs beyond himself. Thinks he’s in a spy picture. | 除了自己不信其他 自认为在演间谍片 |
[13:28] | – He’s done well. – Then what are we doing here? | -他做得很好 -那我们还在这干嘛 |
[13:32] | In the Kremlin, there’s a list of names. | 在克里姆林宫有一份名单 |
[13:35] | Mine’s there. Yours, too. | 有我的 也有你的 |
[13:37] | Our hole family. If we fail– | 有我们所有的家人 如果我们失败… |
[13:38] | I know! | 我知道 |
[13:42] | Of course. I’m sorry. | 当然 抱歉 |
[13:49] | You can’t burn what you haven’t yet built. | 你无法毁掉你还没有的东西 |
[13:52] | The test is in two months. | 两个月后测试 |
[13:53] | Let me stop it. | 让我来阻止它 |
[13:56] | Let us. | 让我们来阻止 |
[13:58] | I need him. | 我需要他 |
[14:00] | And you’re wrong. He does believe in something. | 还有 你错了 他有信仰 |
[14:02] | – What? – Me. | -信什么 -信我 |
[14:08] | My little girl. | 我的好孩子 |
[14:14] | I already have one. | 我已经有一颗了 |
[14:17] | They’re not for you. | 这不是给你的 |
[14:48] | You’ve got to lift with your hams. | 你抬东西时腿要用力 |
[14:50] | Trust me, you do not want to slip a disc. | 相信我 你不会想椎间盘突出的 |
[14:53] | Anyway, it was an official announcement. | 不管怎么说 这是一份官方宣告 |
[14:55] | All tech area staff now qualify for hazard pay. | 所有技术部成员现在有资格领取危险津贴 |
[14:58] | 20 cents an hour. | 一小时二十美分 |
[15:00] | So you didn’t blow off your career for nothing. | 你自毁前途是有回报的 |
[15:02] | We walked out for a seat on the Target Committee, | 我们离开是为了进入目标委员会 |
[15:04] | – not for pocket change. – I know. Still. | -不是为了钱 -我明白 话虽如此 |
[15:07] | It was bad timing, plain and simple. | 时机不对 就这么简单 |
[15:10] | Everyone’s all broken up about FDR | 所有人都因为罗斯福的死伤透了心 |
[15:12] | and Truman is not going to listen | 杜鲁门不会理会 |
[15:13] | to a bunch of pinko scientists. | 一群共产主义科学家 |
[15:15] | That man is a strike breaker. | 那家伙是个罢工终结者 |
[15:16] | So nobody cares if there is no Nazi bomb? | 所以没人关心其实没有纳粹炸弹 |
[15:19] | Well, we don’t know that there’s no Nazi bomb. | 我们不能肯定没有纳粹炸弹 |
[15:21] | We just don’t know that there is one. | 我们只是没听说有 |
[15:23] | Which is a good thing, right? | 这是好事 对吧 |
[15:26] | I mean, look on the bright side. | 往好的方面想 |
[15:27] | The Colonel didn’t court-martial you. | 上校没把你送到军事法庭 |
[15:28] | Which, by the way, why didn’t he? | 对了 他怎么没把你送去呢 |
[15:33] | I should probably skedaddle. | 我该走了 |
[15:34] | She must be here by now. | 她应该已经到了 |
[15:36] | All right, well, send her my regards. | 好 代我向她问好 |
[15:38] | Will do. | 会的 |
[15:40] | Lift with your hams! | 用股二头肌发力 |
[16:06] | Look at this place! | 看看这地方啊 |
[16:08] | Must be 100,000 acres. | 肯定有十万英亩 |
[16:10] | 270,000, give or take. | 差不多二十七万英亩 |
[16:12] | We’ve got 20 miles of roads, | 我们有二十英里的道路 |
[16:14] | 200 miles of telephone wires, | 两百英里的电话线 |
[16:16] | a polo league, three barracks– | 一个马球场 三个兵营 |
[16:18] | Great. Plenty of manpower. | 太好了 很多人力 |
[16:20] | I’m going to need some research assistants. | 我会需要一些研究助手 |
[16:22] | Oh, well, it’s not quite that easy. | 也没有那么容易 |
[16:25] | All resources need to be approved by | 所有资源调配都必须得到 |
[16:27] | the experiment review board. | 实验审查委员会的批准 |
[16:29] | And who’s the head of the experiment review board? | 那谁是实验审查委员会的头呢 |
[16:39] | Dr. Winter. | 温特博士 |
[16:42] | Good to have you on the payroll. | 你能来真好 |
[16:43] | I really appreciate the opportunity. | 我真的很感谢能有这次机会 |
[16:46] | I understand that you and my husband had your differences. | 我明白你和我丈夫有分歧 |
[16:50] | Is he still your husband? | 他还是你丈夫吗 |
[16:53] | Fritz may have explained to you | 福瑞茨可能已经跟你说过 |
[16:54] | that I’m looking to establish a baseline– | 我希望建一条基线 |
[16:56] | Two GIs, | 两位士兵 |
[16:57] | as long as they’re not assigned | 只要他们没被分配去执行 |
[16:58] | to a higher priority project. | 较高优先级的项目 |
[17:00] | And they’re all higher priority. | 所有项目都是较高优先级的项目 |
[17:02] | – No offense. – None taken. | -无冒犯之意 -没觉得有 |
[17:08] | Welcome to Trinity. | 欢迎来到三位一体试验场 |
[17:11] | They called in 23 guys for a mandatory blood test, | 他们召集了23个人做强制血检 |
[17:13] | everyone who had access to polonium. | 也就是所有接触过钋的人 |
[17:15] | They’re saying that it’s an excess of caution. | 他们说这是为了谨慎起见 |
[17:19] | It could be nothing. | 也许什么事都没有 |
[17:20] | It’s a lineup. | 这是把嫌疑人集中起来 |
[17:21] | They found traces of it on the box. | 他们在盒子里找到了钋 |
[17:23] | Must have been on your hands. | 肯定是之前你手上沾带的 |
[17:27] | We have a day. | 我们有一天的时间 |
[17:29] | For what? | 干嘛 |
[17:32] | Is this… | 这是 |
[17:34] | First you tell me to run | 一开始你要我逃跑 |
[17:36] | and now I’m supposed to kill myself? | 现在又要我自杀吗 |
[17:38] | – Jesus. – Calm down. | -天哪 -冷静 |
[17:40] | It’s a last resort. | 这只是无路可走时的办法 |
[17:42] | But an intelligence officer is dead, | 但死了一位情报员 |
[17:44] | and you gift wrapped American’s | 而你把美国最严密保守的秘密 |
[17:45] | best kept secret for the Soviets. | 打包送给了苏联人 |
[17:46] | So if they catch you, you’re going to want it. | 所以如果他们抓了你 你会需要这个的 |
[17:49] | – I have one, too. – Oh, great. | -我也有一颗 -太好了 |
[17:51] | They can bury us side by side | 他们可以把我们埋在一起 |
[17:52] | like Romeo and Juliet, | 就跟罗密欧和朱丽叶一样 |
[17:53] | or didn’t you read that one? | 还是你没看过这个 |
[17:54] | They can’t bury you | 如果他们没把你认出来 |
[17:55] | if they can’t identify you. | 他们就不用把你埋了 |
[17:58] | I’m taking care of it. | 我会想办法解决的 |
[18:08] | Poison? | 毒药吗 |
[18:10] | Absolutely not. | 当然不是 |
[18:12] | He’s just a boy. | 他只是个孩子 |
[18:14] | I’ll turn myself in | 我宁可自首 |
[18:15] | before I let you take care of a 10-year-old boy. | 也不会让你解决一个十岁的孩子 |
[18:17] | How many 10-year-olds do you think are in Tokyo? | 你知道东京有多少个十岁的男孩 |
[18:19] | – Oh, God. – Or Yokohama? | -天哪 -横滨又有多少 |
[18:22] | You’re the only person that can stop Harry Truman | 你是唯一能阻止哈里·杜鲁门 |
[18:23] | from taking care of them. | 解决他们的人 |
[18:25] | You’re a scientist. That’s simple math. | 你是个科学家 这笔账简单得很 |
[18:28] | Oh, you can’t make an omelet | 有失才有得 |
[18:29] | without poisoning an Indian kid, is that it? | 所以才要杀了这印第安男孩 对吧 |
[18:31] | I’m not asking your permission. | 我并不是在征求你同意 |
[18:32] | That’s exactly what you’re doing. | 你就是在这么做 |
[18:33] | Why else would you even be here telling me this? | 不然你为什么要告诉我 |
[18:36] | Just give me 12 hours. 12 hours. | 再给我十二个小时 就十二个小时 |
[18:39] | – All right? – Why? | -好吗 -为什么 |
[18:41] | What are you going to do? | 你要做什么 |
[19:01] | It’s an ecological survey. | 这是生态调查表 |
[19:04] | We’re measuring the presence of certain substances | 我们测量本地动植物身上 |
[19:06] | in the native plants and animals | 存在的某种物质 |
[19:08] | to assess the implications of the, um– | 来评估设备的 |
[19:12] | of the device. | 影响 |
[19:15] | Implications? | 影响 |
[19:17] | On a bunch of coyotes and tumbleweeds? | 对土狼和蒲公英的影响吗 |
[19:19] | At the moment, we call this a scientific control | 目前 我们将之称为对照实验 |
[19:22] | – so that after the test– – Look, lady. | -所以等到测试结束后 -听着 女士 |
[19:23] | It’s Uncle Sam’s nickel. What do you want us to do? | 反正是政府的钱 你要我们做什么 |
[19:26] | You’re each responsible for a particular set of specimens. | 你们每人负责一些特定的样本 |
[19:29] | I want you to collect them, I want you to bag them, | 我要你们收集它们 把它们放入取样袋中 |
[19:32] | and I want you to catalog exactly where you found them. | 还要记录找到它们的具体地点 |
[19:35] | Like a scavenger hunt. | 就像寻宝游戏 |
[19:37] | Beats digging latrines. | 反正比挖茅坑强 |
[19:40] | Yes, it’s like a scavenger hunt… | 是的 就像是科学领域的 |
[19:43] | for science. | 寻宝游戏 |
[19:46] | Can you give us a moment? | 能让我们单独聊聊吗 |
[19:50] | What are you doing here? | 你来这干嘛 |
[19:51] | Just wanted to see you. | 就想见见你 |
[19:54] | Well, now you have. | 现在你见到了 |
[19:56] | You testing for calcium? | 你在检测钙吗 |
[20:00] | And iodine and rhodium. | 以及碘和铑 |
[20:02] | What about strontium? | 那锶呢 |
[20:04] | It’s just a hunch, | 只是预感 |
[20:05] | but it could be nuclear by-product. | 但它可能是核的副产品 |
[20:11] | So you still seeing Joe Pulitzer? | 你还跟乔·普利策见面吗 |
[20:14] | I’m sorry. | 你说什么 |
[20:16] | – What are you doing here? – I’m volunteering. | -你在这干嘛 -我自愿来的 |
[20:19] | I understand this work better than anyone else out there. | 我比任何人都更了解这份工作 |
[20:21] | I believe in it. I can help you. | 我对这工作有信心 我可以帮你 |
[20:24] | And do you imagine just because | 你以为就因为 |
[20:25] | we’re in a different part of the desert | 我们在沙漠的另一端 |
[20:27] | that Colonel Darrow won’t find out? | 达罗上校就不知道吗 |
[20:28] | Who cares if he does? | 谁管他知不知道 |
[20:30] | Let him ship me off to Borneo. | 让他把我运到婆罗洲前线去 |
[20:33] | You really don’t get it, do you? | 你是真不明白吧 |
[20:35] | This is my work that you’re putting at risk. | 你是在把我的工作置于危险当中 |
[20:39] | I’m finally doing something that matters | 我终于可以做一点有意义的事情 |
[20:42] | and you are handing Colonel Darrow an excuse to shut me down. | 你却送给达罗上校停掉我工作的借口 |
[20:47] | Frank, I saw your hospital admission slip. | 弗兰克 我看到你的住院单了 |
[20:51] | Criticality experiments? | 临界实验 |
[20:54] | – Radiation exposure – Liza… | -把自己暴露在核辐射下 -莱莎 |
[20:56] | If you have a death wish, that’s fine. | 如果你想死 我不管 |
[20:58] | That’s your business. | 那是你的事 |
[21:02] | But keep it away from mine. | 别掺和到我的工作里来 |
[21:08] | Hurt me again. | 再给我点伤害 |
[21:10] | It’s “Hit me again.” | 是再给我一杯 |
[21:13] | Give me a drink. | 给我杯酒 |
[21:15] | Sweetheart, I’m a little busy. | 亲爱的 我现在有点忙 |
[21:18] | Don’t sweetheart me. | 别叫我宝贝儿 |
[21:28] | I did this at serious risk to my pants. | 冒着裤子被泼的危险给你 |
[21:32] | Your pants are safe. | 你的裤子很安全 |
[21:33] | I want nothing to do with any pants except my own. | 我只想一个人待着 |
[21:35] | So thank you, but, no, thank you. | 所以谢谢 但是我没兴趣 |
[21:39] | But thanks. | 但是谢谢你的酒 |
[21:49] | I’m sorry. | 抱歉 |
[21:50] | English is my second language. | 英语是我的第二语言 |
[21:52] | What I meant was scram. | 我的意思是你可以走了 |
[21:55] | Stan Javits. And you’re Helen? | 我是斯坦·贾维茨 你叫海伦吗 |
[21:59] | Your reputation precedes you. | 你名声很大的 |
[22:01] | Really? What reputation is that? | 是吗 哪种名声 |
[22:03] | The woman who got herself fired from G group | 一个用了24小时就成功 |
[22:05] | in less than 24 hours? | 被G组开除的女人吗 |
[22:08] | Dr. Helen Prins, | 海伦·普林斯博士 |
[22:09] | the first author on that thorium paper in ’38. | 1938年钍元素论文的第一作者 |
[22:14] | That was very precise work. | 那篇论文真的很棒 |
[22:15] | That was nicely done. | 写得太好 |
[22:21] | What are you, a metallurgist? | 你谁啊 冶金学家吗 |
[22:23] | A chemist? | 化学家 |
[22:24] | A lawyer. Patents. | 律师 专利师 |
[22:28] | What? You thought you guys would come up here | 怎么 你以为你们来这 |
[22:31] | and invent all this great stuff | 发明各种好东西 |
[22:32] | and not attract lawyers? | 而不会引来律师吗 |
[22:34] | You can’t have a picnic without ants. | 苍蝇不叮无缝的蛋 |
[22:39] | You read my thorium paper? | 你读过我钍元素的论文 |
[22:43] | You guys unlock the secrets of the universe | 你们解开了宇宙的秘密 |
[22:45] | and the government hires me to lock them back up again. | 政府雇我把它们重新锁起来 |
[22:50] | Right. | 好吧 |
[22:53] | Anyway… | 总之 |
[22:57] | consider me a fan. | 我是你的粉丝 |
[23:13] | Excuse me, is he in? | 抱歉 他在吗 |
[23:16] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[23:21] | Mrs. Isaacs, come in. | 艾萨克夫人 请进 |
[23:28] | Colonel, I’m sorry to bother you, | 上校 抱歉打扰了 |
[23:29] | But I didn’t know who else to ask. | 但我不知道还能找谁了 |
[23:32] | I need an address. | 我需要个地址 |
[23:34] | For whom? | 谁的地址 |
[23:35] | For a woman who died last year. | 去年去世的一个女人 |
[23:38] | I’m trying to contact her next of kin. | 我在试图联系她的亲属 |
[23:40] | This woman, she was a friend of yours? | 这个女人 她是你朋友吗 |
[23:43] | Not of mine. | 不是我朋友 |
[23:45] | Of Dr. Oppenheimer, actually. | 其实是奥本海默博士的 |
[23:48] | Her name is Jean Tatlock. | 她叫珍·塔特洛克 |
[23:52] | I was wondering if maybe you had a file | 不知道您有没有 |
[23:56] | or some kind of record. | 相关记录 |
[23:57] | And why would you want that? | 你要这干什么 |
[24:00] | Because… | 因为 |
[24:05] | Because I’m responsible for her death, sir. | 我造成了她的死亡 先生 |
[24:11] | I, um– | 我 |
[24:14] | I spoke with Miss Tatlock on the telephone | 我在塔特洛克小姐自杀前不久 |
[24:17] | shortly before she took her life, | 跟她通过电话 |
[24:20] | and I said some cruel things. | 我说了些很过分的话 |
[24:25] | And I believe, given her mental state, | 我相信 鉴于她当时的精神状态 |
[24:28] | that I left her no choice. | 是我的话把她逼上了绝路 |
[24:34] | Have you discussed this with your husband? | 你和你丈夫谈过此事吗 |
[24:38] | No, sir. | 没有 先生 |
[24:40] | But what I did, it was pesha, | 但我做的事是蓄意犯罪 |
[24:43] | a deliberate sin against another person, | 对他人的蓄意犯罪 |
[24:47] | and it’s the most unforgivable kind. | 是最不可饶恕的 |
[24:51] | And… It– | 而且…这是… |
[24:57] | That’s why god took my child. | 这是上帝夺走我的孩子的原因 |
[25:02] | And that’s why you want to contact miss Tatlock’s family? | 所以你才想联系塔特洛克小姐的家人吗 |
[25:05] | To repent? | 为了赎罪 |
[25:09] | I have money. | 我有钱 |
[25:12] | I have more money than I’ll ever need, | 我的钱我永远也花不完 |
[25:15] | and I would like them to have it. | 我希望能把这钱给他们 |
[25:20] | Buying penance. | 用钱赎罪吗 |
[25:22] | The catholics tried that for a while. Didn’t work out. | 天主教徒试过 没成功 |
[25:25] | Well… | 那 |
[25:28] | Do you know where this war began? | 你知道这场战争是从哪里开始的吗 |
[25:32] | Poland? | 波兰吗 |
[25:34] | It began on another hill, in another desert | 是在另一片沙漠里的另一座山上 |
[25:36] | 3,000 years ago. | 三千年前 |
[25:39] | All our sacrifices, yours, mine, | 我们所做的牺牲 你的 我的 |
[25:42] | Dr. Oppenheimer’s, they happen for a reason. | 奥本海默博士的 都是有原因的 |
[25:45] | We were put here to finish what Moses started. | 我们来到这里是注定要完成摩西未竟之事 |
[25:50] | I’m not sure I take your meaning. | 我不懂你的意思 |
[25:54] | God doesn’t accept the us dollar, Mrs. Isaacs, | 上帝不要美元 艾萨克夫人 |
[25:58] | but there are other paths to redemption. | 但还有别的方式可以赎罪 |
[26:12] | Is this the Harper residence? | 这里是哈珀宅邸吗 |
[26:15] | Mr. And Mrs. Are out. | 先生和夫人不在 |
[26:17] | It’s about your son. | 是关于您儿子的事 |
[26:19] | I’ve been assigned to his case. | 我接管了他的案子 |
[26:23] | His case? | 他的案子 |
[26:27] | Pablo is a witness to a very serious crime. | 帕布罗目击了一起严重犯罪 |
[26:31] | If he can, in fact, identify a suspect, | 如果他真的能指认出嫌疑人 |
[26:35] | it won’t be safe for him to return home… | 他在这就不安全了 |
[26:38] | ever. | 永远不会 |
[26:40] | The colonel didn’t tell us this. | 上校没说过有这事 |
[26:42] | Well, the army has never been a friend to your people, | 军方本来也不是你们的朋友 |
[26:45] | has it, Mrs. Ortiz? | 对吗 奥蒂兹夫人 |
[26:48] | But that’s where I come in. | 但我能帮你 |
[26:50] | In appreciation for Pablo’s help– | 为了感激帕布罗的帮助 |
[26:53] | again assuming that he does help– | 当然前提是他真能提供帮助 |
[26:55] | The Bureau of Indian Affairs has secured a place for him | 印第安人事务局在我们的寄宿学校 |
[26:57] | at one of our boarding academies. | 为他找了安置之处 |
[27:00] | Do you know where Pennsylvania is, Mrs. Ortiz? | 你知道宾州在哪吗 奥蒂兹夫人 |
[27:03] | Near New York. | 纽约附近 |
[27:05] | So you know that it’s very far away | 所以你知道那里很远 |
[27:07] | and you may not see your son again for a very long time. | 你可能很久都见不到你的儿子了 |
[27:12] | But I can assure you | 但我可以向你保证 |
[27:15] | he will have a better life. | 他会过得更好 |
[27:18] | A new American name, new clothes. | 新美国身份 新衣服 |
[27:22] | By the time he graduates, you won’t even recognize him. | 等他毕业 你都要认不出他了 |
[27:26] | That is, if he identifies a suspect. | 当然前提是 他能指认嫌疑人 |
[27:33] | But if my son can’t remember the man that he saw… | 但如果我儿子不记得他看到的那个人了 |
[27:40] | Well, in that case, | 那样的话 |
[27:41] | I’m afraid that we’d have no reason | 我想恐怕我们也没必要 |
[27:43] | to send him to the academy. | 把他送走了 |
[27:46] | He’d stay here with you. | 他会留在你身边 |
[27:50] | I’ve never seen a BIA man on the hill before. | 我以前从没在山上见过印第安事务部的人 |
[27:54] | Yes. It’s new protocol under president Truman. | 对 这是杜鲁门总统的新法规 |
[28:00] | I think I’d like to see your credentials. | 我要看看你的身份证明 |
[28:01] | Excuse me? | 什么 |
[28:03] | Or we could go discuss this with the army. | 不然我们就一起去见军方 |
[28:07] | Okay. Easy. | 好的 镇定 |
[28:10] | Easy. | 镇定 |
[28:21] | I’m trying to help you. | 我是想帮助你 |
[28:23] | If you say another word to anyone, you’re dead. | 如果你敢告诉别人 你会死的 |
[28:26] | Your kid, too. | 你的孩子也会 |
[28:56] | You don’t like hamburgers? | 你不爱吃汉堡吗 |
[28:59] | You know, Hitler’s a vegetarian. | 希特勒是个素食主义者呢 |
[29:05] | Fine. | 好吧 |
[29:06] | Do you like grilled cheese? | 那你喜欢奶酪三明治吗 |
[29:08] | Okay, I’ll get you some. | 好吧 我去给你拿 |
[29:16] | Linda taking good care of you? | 琳达有好好照顾你吗 |
[29:24] | It’s too sweet for me. | 我觉得这个太甜了 |
[29:26] | I don’t have the teeth for it, | 我的牙受不了 |
[29:27] | but go ahead and have it. | 给你了 你喝吧 |
[29:28] | Giddy-up, Palomino. | 过来 帕罗米诺 |
[29:39] | Probably no sodie pop in the teepees. | 你们印第安人平时估计喝不到汽水吧 |
[29:54] | Jim Meeks? | 吉姆·米克斯 |
[29:57] | Supposed to take you to the medical clinic. | 我来带你去诊所 |
[30:00] | Now we need an MP escort to a doctor’s appointment? | 现在都要宪兵护送着去看医生了 |
[30:51] | Thank you very much, Mr. Shaw. | 非常感谢 肖先生 |
[30:55] | Antrim? | 安特里姆 |
[30:58] | Right this way. | 这边走 |
[31:08] | So what’s the plot? | 现在怎么样了 |
[31:11] | – Huh? – The Gilbert and Sullivan? | -什么 -吉尔伯特和沙利文的剧 |
[31:15] | Don’t tell me you’re getting opening night jitters. | 别告诉我你因为首演紧张得不行 |
[31:17] | No, mm-mm. | 不 没有 |
[31:21] | Turn to your left, please. | 请转到左侧 |
[31:25] | Now your right. | 再转到右侧 |
[31:29] | Face forward. | 面向前 |
[31:34] | Pablo? | 帕布罗 |
[31:36] | Thank you, Dr. Antrim. | 谢谢你 安特里姆博士 |
[31:51] | Cafferty? | 卡弗蒂 |
[31:56] | Do you know how many GIs have died | 当我们被聚集在候诊室里苦等时 |
[31:57] | while we’ve been camped out in that waiting room? | 你知道有多少美国士兵正在牺牲吗 |
[32:01] | Oh. Colonel Darrow. | 达罗上校 |
[32:03] | Hi, I’m Jim Meeks. It’s nice to– | 我是吉姆·米克斯 很高兴 |
[32:08] | Jeez. I’m sorry. | 天 抱歉 |
[32:13] | I’m all thumbs. | 我太笨手笨脚了 |
[32:28] | Pablo? | 帕布罗 |
[32:32] | Thank you, Mr. Meeks. | 多谢 米克斯先生 |
[32:37] | So you couldn’t find sagebrush… | 你找不到山艾 |
[32:40] | in the desert? | 在沙漠里 |
[32:42] | Nope. | 完全找不到 |
[32:43] | And I have a conscientious objection to killing rabbits. | 还有我没法狠下心杀兔子 |
[32:45] | I mean, what’s the– | 我是说 到底为 |
[32:49] | So who did this? | 那这是谁做的 |
[33:16] | Abby? | 艾比 |
[33:18] | Is the power out? | 停电了吗 |
[33:19] | The rest of the block’s lit. | 其他人家里都有电 |
[33:21] | It’s Shabbat. | 今天是安息日 |
[33:22] | I forgot to turn the lights on before sundown. | 我忘了在太阳下山前把灯打开 |
[33:26] | Sorry. | 抱歉 |
[33:28] | So now we’re spending our weekends in the stone age? | 所以现在我们周末要变成原始人了吗 |
[33:35] | We’re going to be late for the play. | 去看戏我们要迟到了 |
[33:37] | What if we didn’t go back to Brookline | 我们能不回布鲁克莱恩吗 |
[33:40] | when the war’s over? | 当战争结束的时候 |
[33:42] | You want to stay on the Hill? It’ll be a ghost town. | 你想留在镇上 这里到时候就是个鬼城 |
[33:46] | What if we went abroad? | 如果我们出国呢 |
[33:48] | To Palestine? | 去巴勒斯坦 |
[33:54] | – What? Abby– – Colonel Darrow says | -什么 艾比 -达罗上校说 |
[33:56] | that we’ll never be truly safe | 只有全世界的犹太人都去耶路撒冷定居 |
[33:58] | until all the world’s Jews are gathered in Jerusalem. | 我们才能得到真正的安全 |
[34:01] | Since when do you talk to Colonel Darrow? | 从什么时候开始你跟达罗上校有交集了 |
[34:04] | – I went to see him. – About the Promised Land? | -我去见过他 -关于应许之地吗 |
[34:07] | About Jean Tatlock. | 关于珍·塔特洛克 |
[34:11] | The day she died, I called her on the telephone | 她自杀那天 我给她打过电话 |
[34:14] | and I said some terrible things. | 说了些很伤人的话 |
[34:18] | Unforgivable things. | 无法饶恕的话 |
[34:22] | I thought that if she broke things off with Oppenheimer, then… | 我当时想如果她能跟奥本海默一刀两断 那 |
[34:28] | – But then she… – Abby. | -但结果她 -艾比 |
[34:31] | Whatever you said to her, it’s– | 无论你对她说了什么 那是 |
[34:32] | It’s the reason we lost the baby. | 所以我们才会失去孩子 |
[34:36] | No. | 不 |
[34:39] | No, that was no one’s fault. | 不 那不是任何人的错 |
[34:45] | You spend your entire life | 你这一生都一直在 |
[34:46] | pondering the mysteries of the universe. | 探究宇宙的奥秘 |
[34:48] | And then our child dies… | 然后我们的孩子死了 |
[34:52] | and you don’t even ask why? | 你却完全不好奇原因吗 |
[34:55] | Why some guy in the clouds punishes you | 为什么上天的神灵要为了你没做过的事 |
[34:57] | for something you didn’t do. | 而惩罚你 |
[34:58] | For something I did do. | 我确实做了 |
[35:00] | I killed a woman. | 我杀了一个女人 |
[35:01] | No, Abby. No, you didn’t. | 不 艾比 你没有 |
[35:07] | Listen to me. | 你听我说 |
[35:16] | I wish I knew how to explain this. | 我也希望我知道如何解释这一切 |
[35:22] | She was a sick woman. | 她本身就不正常 |
[35:25] | She drowned herself. End of story. | 她自己溺死了 仅此而已 |
[35:34] | Stay away from Colonel Darrow. | 不要和达罗上校交往过密 |
[35:35] | He’s not your friend. | 他不是你的朋友 |
[35:40] | I told him you wouldn’t understand. | 我告诉过他你不会明白的 |
[35:50] | Is that the man you remember? | 这是你记忆中的人吗 |
[35:53] | You did very well today, Pablo. Gracias. | 你今天做得很好 帕布罗 谢谢 |
[35:58] | Take him back to his mother. | 把他送回他母亲那儿 |
[36:02] | Our hero. Are you ready to go? | 我们的小英雄 准备来走了吗 |
[36:23] | Uh, have you seen my pitch pipe? | 你看到我的定调管了吗 |
[36:25] | No, sorry. | 没 抱歉 |
[36:31] | He was a trooper. | 他今天很勇敢 |
[36:33] | You got a good kid, Mrs. Ortiz. | 你的孩子很棒 奥蒂兹夫人 |
[36:36] | If the Colonel needs him again, | 如果上校还需要他帮忙 |
[36:37] | we’ll send a jeep to the Pueblo. | 我们会派吉普去村里接他 |
[36:41] | Is something wrong? | 出什么事了吗 |
[36:43] | We’re not coming back to this place. | 我们不会再回这个地方了 |
[36:45] | Mrs. Ortiz, I’m so sorry. I don’t– | 奥蒂兹夫人 我很抱歉 我并不是 |
[36:46] | He didn’t see anything. | 他什么都没看到 |
[36:48] | We don’t want any trouble from the Army, from anyone. | 我们不希望军方或是任何人来找我们麻烦 |
[36:51] | They’re gonna hurt him. | 他们要伤害他 |
[36:53] | Who? | 谁 |
[36:55] | Did someone threaten you? | 有人威胁你了吗 |
[37:10] | Where did you get this? | 你从哪搞到这个的 |
[37:17] | Mrs. Ortiz. | 奥蒂兹夫人 |
[37:29] | Oh, it’s just we haven’t seen each other in two days. | 我们已经两天没见过面了 |
[37:32] | That’s like a month in newlywed time. | 对新婚夫妇来说就像一个月 |
[37:34] | Oh, look. If it isn’t my new neighbor. | 快看 那不是我的新邻居吗 |
[37:37] | Did you not hear? | 你没听说吗 |
[37:39] | The Army moved Dr. Sinclair out of his tar paper shack | 军方把辛克莱尔博士搬出了他的小茅屋 |
[37:42] | into the room next to mine. | 住进了我隔壁 |
[37:44] | Seems he’s connected to some very well-placed friends now. | 看来他现在是攀上贵友了 |
[37:48] | Well, you got to take your friends | 在这里你得想法设法 |
[37:49] | where you can get them around here. | 拓展人脉才行 |
[37:56] | Oh! There she is. | 她来了 |
[37:59] | Me! | 在这里 |
[38:01] | Jeannie! | 金妮 |
[38:07] | – You okay? – I’m fine. | -你没事吧 -没事 |
[38:13] | Yes! | 太棒了 |
[38:18] | *If you want to know who we are* | *如果你想知道我们是什么* |
[38:22] | *We are gentlemen of Japan* | *我们是来自日本的绅士* |
[38:26] | *On many a vase and jar* | *我们有瓶瓶罐罐* |
[38:30] | *On many a screen and fan* | *有屏风有折扇* |
[38:36] | *We figure in lively paint* | *我们的画像栩栩如生* |
[38:38] | *Our attitude’s queer and quaint* | *我们的态度稀奇又古怪* |
[38:40] | *You’re wrong if you think it ain’t* | *如果你不这么想 那你可是大错特错* |
[38:54] | *Defer, defer* | *遵从 遵从* |
[38:58] | *To the lord high executioner* | *听从于尊贵的死刑執行吏* |
[39:03] | *Defer, defer* | *遵从 遵从* |
[39:06] | *To the noble lord, to the noble lord* | *听从于伟大的领主 听从于伟大的领主* |
[39:10] | *To the lord high executioner* | *听从于尊贵的死刑執行吏* |
[39:16] | *Taken from the county jail* | *从县监狱里带出来* |
[39:18] | *By a set of curious chances* | *鬼使神差之下* |
[39:18] | Way to go, Jim! | 唱得好 吉姆 |
[39:21] | *Liberated then on bail* | *被保释后在外逍遥* |
[39:23] | *On my own recognizances* | *一切全由我说了算* |
[39:26] | *Wafted by a favoring gale* | *一切顺风顺水* |
[39:29] | *As one sometimes is in trances* | *有时人还搞不清楚状况* |
[39:32] | *To a height that few can scale* | *就已达到了常人无法企及的高度* |
[39:34] | *Save by long and weary dances* | *不用看冗长沉闷的舞蹈* |
[39:36] | *Surely never had a male* | *肯定从没有像我一样的男人* |
[39:39] | *Under such like circumstances* | *在类似情况下* |
[39:42] | *So adventurous a tale* | *发生了如此精彩的故事* |
[39:44] | *Which may rank with most romances* | *可与最美的爱情故事比肩* |
[39:56] | His acting has definitely improved. | 他的表演进步多了 |
[39:58] | I can’t wait for act two. | 等不及想看第二幕 |
[40:02] | You all right? | 你没事吧 |
[40:06] | I’m just feeling a little off. | 只是有点不舒服 |
[40:08] | Well, I’ll walk you home. | 那我送你回家 |
[40:09] | No, no, no. Stay. Stay. | 不 不用 你留下吧 |
[40:11] | No, Meeks won’t mind. | 没事 米克斯不会介意的 |
[40:13] | It’s just a little headache. | 只是有点头痛 |
[40:14] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[40:16] | I’ll see you later. | 回见 |
[40:19] | All right. | 好的 |
[40:21] | Bye. | 再见 |
[40:30] | Jeannie! | 金妮 |
[40:31] | I need to ask you something. | 我有事要问你 |
[40:32] | Uh, sure. | 好的 |
[40:34] | Maybe after the show? | 不如等表演结束后吧 |
[40:38] | God. Thank you. | 天 谢谢你 |
[40:40] | Where did you find this? | 你在哪找到这个的 |
[40:41] | Outside a house in row F. | 在F排的一座房子外捡到的 |
[40:45] | I found it when I dropped that Indian boy | 我送那个印第安男孩去他妈妈那时 |
[40:47] | off with his mother. | 发现的 |
[40:50] | Indian boy? | 印第安男孩 |
[40:52] | – Oh, you mean… – She was scared. | -你是说 -她当时吓坏了 |
[40:55] | Somebody scared her. | 有人吓到她了 |
[41:00] | I guess somebody must have, uh, stolen it. | 我猜这个肯定是别人偷了 |
[41:07] | What were you doing there, Jim? | 你去那里干什么 吉姆 |
[41:10] | What was I– | 我去那 |
[41:12] | – You have lost me, Jeannie. – Five minutes. | -我不明白你的意思 金妮 -五分钟 |
[41:16] | – Five minutes to curtain. – That’s Act Two. | -五分钟后表演开始 -是第二幕 |
[41:19] | Look, I got to– | 听着 我得 |
[41:20] | Listen, maybe after the show– | 也许等表演结束 |
[41:22] | Hey. Jeannie. | 金妮 |
[41:25] | Jeannie. | 金妮 |
[41:26] | Jeannie, wait, wait, wait. | 金妮 等等 等下 |
[41:28] | Jeannie! Wait, wait! | 金妮 等等 |
[41:29] | Don’t. | 放手 |
[41:32] | Are you a spy, jim? | 你是间谍吗 吉米 |
[41:35] | Are you the one the Colonel’s been looking for? | 上校一直在找的人就是你吗 |
[41:38] | Jesus. | 老天 |
[41:40] | You killed that man, | 你杀了那个人 |
[41:41] | the one that they say– | 那个他们说 |
[41:42] | No, no. No, no, no. | 不不 不是的 |
[41:43] | I didn’t– I didn’t kill anybody. | 我没杀过人 |
[41:47] | But you are a spy. | 但你是个间谍 |
[41:52] | Fritz! | 福瑞茨 |
[41:56] | Fritz got me into it. | 是福瑞茨拉我入伙的 |
[42:00] | What? | 什么 |
[42:01] | Before he met you, | 在他认识你之前 |
[42:03] | Fritz was a different person, | 福瑞茨就好像另一个人 |
[42:06] | and he– well, we were just trying to do the right thing. | 他 我们只是想做对的事 |
[42:11] | No, he would have told me. | 不 如果是真的他一定会告诉我 |
[42:13] | He couldn’t. | 他做不到 |
[42:14] | You’d be an accessory. | 那样你就是从犯了 |
[42:17] | I mean, don’t you get | 我是说你难道不明白 |
[42:19] | how much he loves you? | 他有多爱你吗 |
[42:22] | It kills him to lie to you. | 骗你他难受极了 |
[42:24] | That– I don’t believe you. | 我不相信你 |
[42:26] | Well, then why did you come to me first? | 那你为什么先来找我 |
[42:28] | Why not just tell Fritz? | 为什么不先跟福瑞茨讲 |
[42:35] | Is this why he doesn’t want to have kids? | 他就是因为这个才不想要孩子吗 |
[42:40] | Can you blame him? | 你能怪他吗 |
[42:42] | The spot that he’s in? | 就他的处境而言 |
[42:47] | It’s okay. It’s okay. | 没事的 没事的 |
[42:52] | When the war’s over, | 等战争结束 |
[42:53] | this all goes away. | 一切都会结束 |
[42:55] | You two can go off, have a family, | 你们俩可以离开这里 组建家庭 |
[42:59] | but for now, | 但现在 |
[43:01] | you can’t tell Fritz what you know. | 你不能告诉福瑞茨你知道了什么 |
[43:04] | You have to trust me. | 你得相信我 |
[43:07] | Okay? | 好吗 |
[43:12] | Fritz was never a different person. | 福瑞茨从没有与现在不同 |
[43:16] | You’re the different person, Jim. | 不同的那个人是你 吉姆 |
[43:18] | – Jeannie. – And you’re a liar. | -金妮 -而你是个骗子 |
[43:21] | Your best friend– | 你最好的朋友 |
[43:22] | you would say those things about your best friend, | 你竟然那样说你最好的朋友 |
[43:24] | to his wife? | 对着他的妻子 |
[43:26] | I think that you’re confused. | 我看你是搞错了 |
[43:27] | No. Stay– stay away from me. | 别 离我远点 |
[43:29] | Jeannie. Jeannie. | 金妮 金妮 |
[43:32] | Jeannie, wait! | 金妮 等下 |
[43:33] | Jim. | 吉姆 |
[43:38] | They’re starting. | 他们要开始了 |
[43:40] | I’ll handle this. | 这个我来搞定 |
[43:41] | What are you going to do? | 你要怎么做 |
[44:05] | Sitting side by side. | 并排坐 |
[44:09] | Instead of being obliged to sit half a mile off. | 而不是只能坐得相隔半里 |
[44:16] | We should be gazing into each other’s eyes. | 我们应该凝视着对方的眼睛 |
[44:22] | Breathing sighs of unutterable love. | 感受那无以言表的爱恋 |
[44:29] | *Here’s a how-de-do* | *就是这么回事* |
[44:30] | *If I marry you* | *如果我嫁给你* |
[44:32] | *When your time has come to perish* | *当你被处死时* |
[44:34] | *Then the maiden whom you cherish* | *你心爱的女人* |
[44:36] | *Must be slaughtered, too* | *也要一起被处死* |
[44:37] | *Here’s a how-de-do, here’s a how-de-do* | *就是这个样子 就是这个样子* |
[44:48] | *Here’s a pretty mess* | *一切好混乱* |
[44:50] | *In a month or less* | *也许不出一个月* |
[44:52] | *I must die without a wedding* | *我还没结婚就将必死无疑* |
[44:53] | *Let the bitter tears I’m shedding* | *让我流下的苦涩之泪* |
[44:55] | *Witness my distress* | *见证我的不幸* |
[44:57] | *Here’s a pretty mess, here’s a pretty mess* | *一切好混乱 一切好混乱* |
[45:11] | *Here’s a state of things* | *这是现在的情形* |
[45:13] | *To her life she clings* | *对她的性命而言* |
[45:14] | *Matrimonial devotion* | *一纸婚姻契约* |
[45:16] | *Doesn’t seem to suit her notion* | *并不能让她达到目的* |
[45:18] | *Burial it brings* | *会因此被活埋的* |
[45:20] | *Here’s a state of things, here’s a state of things* | *这是现在的情形 这是现在的情形* |