时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:03] | Robert Oppenheimer’s having an affair. | 罗伯特·奥本海默出轨了 |
[00:07] | – We have to do something. – We? | -我们得采取行动 -怎么还有我 |
[00:10] | Frank Winter was a problem. You made him disappear. | 法兰克·温特是麻烦 你不就让他消失了 |
[00:12] | Beuker. Joseph Beuker. | 我叫别克 约瑟夫·别克 |
[00:14] | Charlie Isaacs. | 查理·艾萨克 |
[00:16] | I need an address for a woman who died last year. | 我需要去年去世的一个女人的地址 |
[00:19] | I’m trying to contact her next of kin. | 我在试图联系她的亲属 |
[00:22] | I spoke with Miss Tatlock on the telephone, | 我跟塔特洛克小姐通过电话 |
[00:26] | and I said some cruel things. | 我说了些很过分的话 |
[00:30] | I hereby declare you a citizen | 我在此宣布你成为 |
[00:32] | of the United States of America. | 美利坚合众国的公民 |
[00:33] | Welcome home, son. | 欢迎回家 孩子 |
[00:37] | Is that the man you remember? | 这是你记忆中的人吗 |
[00:40] | “Brooklyn”. No ideology, no beliefs beyond himself, | 布鲁克林 没有信念 除了自己不信其他 |
[00:43] | thinks he’s in a spy picture. | 自认为在演间谍片 |
[00:44] | What are you doing? Give that to me. Give– | 你在干什么 把它给我 给我… |
[00:46] | “Perseus believes that he is more intelligent than he is, | “珀尔修斯自诩聪明 |
[00:48] | which makes him susceptible to flattery.” | 这让他很容易接受别人的谄媚” |
[00:50] | Those notes are not about you. | 这些评论不是关于你的 |
[00:52] | Well, I guess that there’s another Soviet spy on the hill. | 这么说来镇上还有一位苏联间谍吗 |
[00:58] | President Roosevelt is assembling a Target Committee | 罗斯福总统正在组建目标委员会 |
[01:00] | to decide how the Gadget’s used | 它将决定小玩意如何使用 |
[01:02] | and who it’s going to be dropped on. | 空投到哪个国家 |
[01:05] | You can’t make me fix Charlie Isaacs’ broken bomb. | 你无法命令我去修查理·艾萨克的坏炸弹 |
[01:09] | I want a seat on the Target Committee. | 我要一个目标委员会的席位 |
[01:10] | I can get the scientists a seat, | 我能给科学家一个席位 |
[01:12] | but it won’t be you. | 但不会是你 |
[01:13] | What if someone dipped a brush | 如果有人 |
[01:15] | in the wrong can of paint? | 刷错了油漆呢 |
[01:17] | Convince the Target Committee | 说服目标委员会 |
[01:18] | to demonstrate the bomb on an uninhabited island. | 在无人居住的荒岛上岩石原子弹 |
[01:22] | We’re all betting on him now. | 我们现在全押在他身上了 |
[01:44] | Attention. All technical work | 注意 所有技术工作 |
[01:45] | must be completed before the dignitaries arrive | 必须在参加明天委员会的官员们 |
[01:48] | for tomorrow’s committee meeting. | 到达之前完成 |
[03:26] | Frank. | 法兰克 |
[03:28] | I got my hands on the Target Committee list. | 我拿到目标委员会的名单了 |
[03:31] | Fourteen names, most of them dc regulars. | 14人 大多是特区的常客 |
[03:36] | These guys wage war for a living. | 他们都是以战争为生的人 |
[03:37] | You really think they’re gonna care what I have to say? | 你真的觉得他们会把我的话当回事 |
[03:39] | Break a leg, Dr. Isaacs. | 祝你好运 艾萨克博士 |
[03:41] | The meeting’s happening in the shadow of your test. | 会议就在你的实验地点召开 |
[03:43] | In that room, you are the authority. | 在那间屋子里 你就是权威 |
[03:46] | I built them a $2 billion car. | 我给他们造了台价值20亿的车 |
[03:47] | Now I’m gonna tell them to leave it in the garage? | 现在却要他们弃之不用 |
[03:49] | No, no. You tell them to drop it on an uninhabited island | 不 你要让他们把它投放到无人荒岛上 |
[03:51] | instead of a military target. | 而不是打击军事目标 |
[03:53] | Fly in the Japanese high command, | 让那些日本的司令们 |
[03:55] | give them all front-row seats– | 都好好看看它的威力 |
[03:57] | white flags waving over Hirohito’s palace in a week. | 让他们在皇宫外面挂一周白旗 |
[03:59] | Everybody wins. | 避免战争是双赢 |
[04:00] | Hirohito isn’t Harry Truman. | 裕仁天皇可不是哈里·杜鲁门 |
[04:02] | His people think he’s a God. | 日本人都奉他为神 |
[04:03] | Gods don’t bow to armies. | 神才不会屈服于军队 |
[04:05] | You think he’s just gonna fold after a warning shot? | 一个警告就能让他收兵吗 |
[04:07] | It’s not a warning shot. | 这不是警告 |
[04:08] | This is not even another bomb. | 这都不是普通炸弹 |
[04:12] | It’s a second sun. | 它是第二个太阳 |
[04:14] | The Emperor is not surrendering to the army, | 天皇不是在向军队屈服 |
[04:16] | he’s surrendering to the– the power of the universe. | 而是屈服于宇宙的力量 |
[04:21] | To be honest, I wish it was you facing the firing squad, Frank. | 说实话 真希望你去面对他们 法兰克 |
[04:25] | Makes the test look easy. | 把这个试验说的那么简单 |
[04:27] | Just remember, when you first get into the meeting, | 记住 会议刚开始的时候 |
[04:28] | keep quiet, let them exhaust themselves | 你先别说话 先让他们争论 |
[04:31] | fighting over which military target to take out. | 要打击哪个军事目标争到筋疲力竭 |
[04:33] | Yeah, and then wait for the last word. I know. | 保证我最后发言 我知道 |
[04:35] | Yeah, you gotta make an emotional appeal, Charlie. | 你得有点感召力 查理 |
[04:37] | They got one chance to show restraint here, | 他们有一个展现自制力的机会 |
[04:39] | win the war without any more loss of life. | 不用再牺牲生命就能赢得战争 |
[04:42] | I’m not sure the army’s | 军队可不一定 |
[04:43] | losing a lot of sleep over Japanese casualties. | 会担心将会造成日军多少伤亡 |
[04:45] | Okay, well, come up with your own angle. | 好吧 从你自己的角度入手 |
[04:48] | Try to– try to make it personal. | 说得感同身受一点 |
[04:51] | – Make it personal. – Yeah. | -感同身受 -对 |
[04:58] | If we detonate a base near a populated area, | 如果我们把炸弹投放在人口密集区 |
[05:00] | there’ll be, what, 50,000 casualties? | 会造成五万人伤亡吧 |
[05:05] | How many children? | 里面有多少孩子 |
[05:08] | Jesus, I don’t know. Um… 20,000. | 不知道 两万吧 |
[05:14] | What about Joey? | 那乔伊呢 |
[05:17] | My kid, their kids. | 我的孩子 他们的孩子 |
[05:19] | If we don’t show mercy with our WAMDs in this war, | 如果我们毫无节制地使用大规模杀伤性武器 |
[05:21] | how can we expect anyone | 还用指望别人在下次战争时 |
[05:22] | to show our children mercy in the next one? | 对我们的孩子手下留情吗 |
[05:28] | That’s it. Say that. | 就这么说 |
[05:31] | Hey, Frank… | 法兰克 |
[05:33] | Where are you bunking up now | 你从沙漠回来之后 |
[05:34] | that you’re back from the desert? | 住在哪儿 |
[05:35] | – Starting tonight, my new office. – New? | -今晚开始住在新办公室 -新办公室 |
[05:38] | I imagine I have you to thank for that? | 我猜我该为这事感谢你吧 |
[05:39] | It only took two months to convince Oppenheimer | 让奥本海默相信你比一个醉酒的外国人强 |
[05:41] | you were an improvement over a drunk foreigner. | 只花了两个月 |
[05:44] | The capsule got stuck in the tamper. | 密封帽卡在反射器里了 |
[05:45] | – Team leader’s on the phone. – Jesus, I’m coming. | -组长打来了电话 -我这就过去 |
[05:47] | – Just make sure you get the last word. – Yes, I know. | -保证你最后发言 -我知道 |
[06:05] | Welcome back to the cheap seats. | 欢迎回到员工区 |
[06:08] | Don’t fret, we saved your desk. | 别担心 你的桌子我们给你留着呢 |
[06:17] | Dr. Winter. | 温特博士 |
[06:20] | Theodore Sinclair. Welcome to Little Boy. | 我是塞奥多·辛克莱尔 欢迎加入小男孩 |
[06:24] | Well, we have a job. | 我们有工作 |
[06:26] | We’ll do it to the best of our ability. | 就要竭尽全力完成它 |
[06:28] | And if we are lucky, it will all be for nothing. | 如果幸运的话 我们就会白忙一场 |
[06:34] | The implosion Gadget, it’s the warning shot. | 内爆小玩意只是警告 |
[06:38] | Little boy’s only on deck | 如果日本人 |
[06:39] | if the Japanese don’t heed that warning. | 无视那个警告 小男孩才会出场 |
[06:42] | Let’s just hope that day never comes. | 我们就期望那一天永远不会到来吧 |
[06:47] | Not exactly St. Crispin’s day. | 这可不像大战的前奏啊 |
[07:23] | Victor, please… | 维克托 别 |
[07:25] | Stay for dessert. | 甜点还没上呢 |
[07:34] | Your job is to listen. | 你只需要听 |
[07:36] | We’re hoping your expertise will prove useful | 我们希望你能用专业知识 |
[07:38] | in translating technical information | 帮我们翻译一下 |
[07:40] | concerning the current status of the Gadget. | 有关小玩意的最新技术信息 |
[07:43] | Our Gadget or the Soviets’? | 我们的小玩意还是苏联的 |
[08:11] | 查理·艾萨克夫人收 约翰·塔特洛克寄 | |
[08:20] | 艾萨克夫人 谢谢你的来信 你的同情和支持让我在这伤心的时刻很受鼓舞 祝你身体健康 心情愉快 你可以打SAN-4-4858联系我 | |
[08:27] | Yes, Dr. Barath. I will try to put you through, | 好的 巴拉斯博士 我会尽快帮你接线 |
[08:29] | but there are so many calls coming in from out there. | 但现在那边的来电太多 |
[08:38] | Hello? | 喂 |
[08:40] | – Mr. Tatlock? – Yes? | -塔特洛克先生吗 -是我 |
[08:44] | This is Abigail Isaacs. | 我是艾比盖尔·艾萨克 |
[08:47] | Miss Isaacs, you received my letter. | 艾萨克小姐 你收到我的信了 |
[08:49] | Yes. | 是的 |
[08:51] | “Let 100 mothers cry, but not my mother. | 让一百个母亲哭 也好过让我母亲哭 |
[08:56] | But better my mother than me.” | 但如果要委屈我 还不如委屈我母亲 |
[08:58] | Do you know who said that? | 知道这是谁的话吗 |
[09:01] | George Washington– kidding. | 乔治·华盛顿 开玩笑的 |
[09:03] | It was an Arab. I love Arabs. | 是个阿拉伯人说的 我最爱阿拉伯人了 |
[09:06] | Great fighters, highly quotable. | 很好的战士 句句真言 |
[09:09] | And I’ve heard that particular adage | 我还听说我刚才说的这句名言 |
[09:12] | is a favorite of your boss at the Kremlin, right? | 是你克里姆林宫的上司最爱的话 对吗 |
[09:18] | You must think that you know what happens next. | 你肯定觉得自己知道接下来会发生什么 |
[09:21] | But we Yanks, we’re such a young country. | 但我们这些美国佬 我们的国度太年轻 |
[09:24] | We’re still finding our legs. | 我们还在摸索世界 |
[09:26] | No idea what we wanna be when we grow up. | 并不知道将来的自己会是什么样 |
[09:28] | It makes us… | 这让我们 |
[09:31] | unpredictable. | 难以捉摸 |
[09:44] | Ah, you were so good, Mr. Green. | 你真的很优秀 格林先生 |
[09:48] | You’re so thorough. | 行事周密 |
[09:50] | Burned everything, | 烧掉了一切 |
[09:51] | just like they taught you in Moscow. | 和他们在莫斯科教你的一样 |
[09:55] | Buried the ashes in the yard. | 把灰烬埋在花园 |
[09:59] | It’s just that we’re getting better and better at… | 只是我们也在进步 |
[10:02] | unburying things. | 挖掘方面 |
[10:08] | So, what’s in Brooklyn? | 布鲁克林有什么 |
[10:13] | Wasn’t our, uh, uranium | 我们的那个 铀 |
[10:15] | stockpiled in a warehouse there? | 不是存放在那里的仓库吗 |
[10:20] | Um, Staten Island. | 斯塔顿岛 |
[10:20] | Staten island. Anyway, that was a long time ago. | 就是斯塔顿岛 不过 那都是过去了 |
[10:24] | Too obvious for a man of your pedigree. | 对你这么有能力的人来说太容易猜了 |
[10:26] | So, what is it? | 所以 是什么 |
[10:29] | Uh… Maybe Brooklyn’s not a borough. | 也许布鲁克林不是地名 |
[10:32] | Maybe it’s a code | 也许这是暗号 |
[10:34] | for a military maneuver. | 代指某军事行动 |
[10:37] | Or maybe– | 又或者 |
[10:39] | maybe Brooklyn… is a man. | 也许布鲁克林 指的是某个人 |
[10:44] | Your ace in the hole, | 你手里的王牌 |
[10:45] | your atomic spy. | 原子间谍 |
[10:48] | He’s a New Yorker, isn’t he? | 他是纽约来的 对吗 |
[11:03] | Thank you, Dr. Oppenheimer. | 谢谢你 奥本海默博士 |
[11:14] | I’m sure you feel like a war widow, Mrs. Isaacs. | 你觉得丈夫被战争夺走了吧 艾萨克夫人 |
[11:17] | I’ve made unreasonable demands on Charlie, | 我对查理做出了不合理的要求 |
[11:19] | but I promise to return him undamaged | 但我保证两天内一定毫发无损的 |
[11:22] | in 48 hours. | 把他还给你 |
[11:28] | Sir, I spoke to | 先生 今天早上 |
[11:30] | Professor John Tatlock this morning. | 我和约翰·塔特洛克教授通过话 |
[11:34] | Jean’s father. | 珍的父亲 |
[11:36] | I wanted to know more about his daughter… | 我想多了解她女儿一些 |
[11:40] | and her death. | 还有她去世的事 |
[11:45] | What business is it of yours? | 这事跟你有什么关系 |
[11:49] | Well, I overheard some of your calls at the switchboard. | 我在总机处偷听到了你和她的一些通话 |
[11:55] | Mr. Tatlock says that the handwriting | 塔特洛克先生说遗言上的笔迹 |
[11:57] | on the note wasn’t Jean’s | 不像珍的字 |
[12:00] | and that someone may have staged the scene | 也许是有人伪装了案发现场 |
[12:03] | to look like a suicide. | 让人以为是自杀 |
[12:15] | You loved her. | 你爱过她 |
[12:18] | Don’t you wanna know if someone killed her? | 她要是被人谋杀的你难道不想知道真相吗 |
[12:30] | You are a… | 你是个 |
[12:34] | reasonably intelligent woman. | 非常聪慧的女人 |
[12:36] | Do you know the difference | 你知道推论 |
[12:36] | between a conjecture and a theorem? | 和定理的区别吗 |
[12:39] | Allow me. | 请允许我来解释 |
[12:43] | I may conjecture that Colonel Darrow had jean murdered | 也许我推断出了达罗上校为了让我 |
[12:47] | to keep me on the project. | 不离开计划而杀害了珍 |
[12:50] | What? | 什么 |
[12:51] | But I have nothing to test, to prove. | 但我无法检验 无法论证 |
[12:56] | Therefore, no theorem. | 所以 这就不能成为定理 |
[12:59] | We’ll never know. | 我们永远无法确定 |
[13:02] | That’s our world. | 这是我们的世界 |
[13:06] | Uncertainty. | 不确定性 |
[13:11] | Nuance. | 精微玄妙之别 |
[13:17] | No need to return to the switchboard. | 不用再回电话总机处了 |
[13:19] | You’re removed. | 你被开除了 |
[13:25] | We anticipate a temperature rise about, | 我们预计温度升高速度为 |
[13:27] | uh, six degrees every three seconds. | 每三秒升温六度 |
[13:29] | Dr. Winter. | 温特博士 |
[13:31] | I requested new composites, | 我申请了新复合材料 |
[13:33] | but Donlon says we’ve already blown | 但唐伦说我们这个月的 |
[13:35] | our metallurgy budget for the month. | 预算已经用完了 |
[13:36] | Yeah. Well, I hope you didn’t spend it all in one place. | 希望你不是都花在一个地方了 |
[13:40] | Apparently most of it | 据查大部分 |
[13:40] | went to a laboratory in Rochester, New York. | 都被用在了纽约州罗彻斯特的实验室 |
[13:44] | What’s in Rochester? | 罗彻斯特什么实验室 |
[13:46] | Um, you know what? | 这样吧 |
[13:48] | It’ll take me a couple of days | 我需要几天时间 |
[13:49] | to get back up to speed, | 才能回到常态 |
[13:50] | But I’ll definitely get into it. | 但这件事我会调查的 |
[13:55] | Is he always so unfocused? | 他总是这么注意不集中吗 |
[14:00] | He’ll be back. | 他会找回状态的 |
[14:18] | Abigail. | 艾比盖尔 |
[14:19] | This has been a complicated day. | 今天事情很多 |
[14:21] | Maybe we can worship together later in the week. | 不如这周之后几天我们再一起做礼拜吧 |
[14:25] | Did the army have anything to do with Jean Tatlock’s death? | 珍·塔特洛克的死和军方有关吗 |
[14:29] | Miss Tatlock took her own life, as you know. | 如你所知 塔特洛克小姐是自杀的 |
[14:33] | Colonel, I know she didn’t. | 上校 我已经知道她不是自杀了 |
[14:43] | What exactly did your husband tell you? | 你丈夫是怎么跟你说的 |
[14:48] | Not my husband. Robert Oppenheimer. | 不是我丈夫 是罗伯特·奥本海默 |
[14:57] | Then it’s true, isn’t it? | 所以是真的 对吗 |
[15:00] | And you knew– you knew all along, | 你知道的 你一直都知道 |
[15:02] | and you let me beg God for forgiveness. | 却看着我向上帝祈求宽恕 |
[15:06] | Do you like to watch women beg? | 你是喜欢看女人求饶吗 |
[15:08] | Did you watch Jean Tatlock beg? | 你有亲眼看到珍·塔特洛克求饶吗 |
[15:10] | You’re confused, Abby. | 你搞错了 艾比 |
[15:12] | Just because you’re an officer in the Army… | 就因为你是军方高官 |
[15:16] | I’ll tell Charlie. I’ll just tell the police. | 我要告诉查理 我要报警 |
[15:30] | Come with me. | 跟我来 |
[15:34] | Where? | 去哪里 |
[15:36] | Confession. | 忏悔 |
[15:50] | What is this place? | 这是什么地方 |
[15:52] | My sanctuary. | 我的圣殿 |
[16:17] | I’m not telling you how to do your job. | 我不是在告诉你怎么把事办好 |
[16:19] | I’m just telling you that there’s a job to be done. | 我只是告诉你这事需要办 |
[16:25] | Frank winter was a problem. | 法兰克·温特曾经是麻烦 |
[16:26] | You made him disappear. | 你不就让他消失了 |
[16:30] | Miss Tatlock needs to go. | 塔特洛克小姐必须消失 |
[16:34] | What are you suggesting? | 你什么意思 |
[16:36] | You’re a soldier, right? | 你是个士兵 不是吗 |
[16:40] | We’re at war. | 现在就是战争时期 |
[16:43] | What do you know about war? | 你懂什么叫战争吗 |
[16:45] | If you can’t handle it, | 如果你没法处理 |
[16:47] | my father has associates | 我父亲在圣路易斯 |
[16:50] | in St. Louis. | 也有人 |
[16:54] | You should be careful whom you accuse, mrs. Isaacs. | 你应该再想想你要指责的是谁 艾萨克夫人 |
[16:58] | And may the Lord forgive us all. | 愿上帝原谅我们所有人 |
[17:08] | Did you find him at a meeting? | 你是在会议上认识他的吗 |
[17:13] | Or did your man just waltz into the Consulate General? | 还是说你的人就刚好碰到了总领事 |
[17:18] | Brooklyn is in Kings County. Maybe he’s British. | 布鲁克林属于金斯[国王]县 说不定他是英国人 |
[17:22] | Maybe you’re Brooklyn. | 说不定你就是布鲁克林 |
[17:26] | Warmer? | 冷吗 |
[17:30] | Colder? | 热吗 |
[17:32] | Please, Victor, don’t make me angry. | 拜托 维克托 别惹我发火 |
[17:46] | Help me. | 帮帮我 |
[17:48] | Get me some rat poison, | 给我点老鼠药 |
[17:50] | A razor blade. | 剃须刀片 |
[17:53] | Do you know what the water cure is? | 你知道水刑是什么吗 |
[17:55] | They pour water into your nostrils. | 他们把水灌进你的鼻孔 |
[17:57] | You drown on dry land. | 你会在旱地里被淹死 |
[18:01] | I don’t know what you’re doing here, | 我不知道你在这里干什么 |
[18:02] | but you’re not one of them. | 但你跟他们不一样 |
[18:04] | Think of the people who love you. | 想想那些爱你的人 |
[18:09] | How would your son feel if he knew you’d be tortured? | 如果你儿子知道你受过拷打 他会做何感想 |
[18:15] | How do you know I have a son? | 你怎么知道我有儿子 |
[18:19] | Or– or a daughter. | 或是女儿 |
[18:21] | A wife. | 妻子 |
[18:23] | You have a family. I can see it in your eyes. | 你有家庭 我从你眼中能看出来 |
[18:26] | Their father, their husband, | 他们的父亲 他们的丈夫 |
[18:29] | he’s a merciful man, I know. | 是有个慈悲心肠的人 我知道 |
[18:33] | I see it. | 我能看出来 |
[18:48] | I think– I think Victor knows me– | 我觉得 我觉得维克托认识我 |
[18:51] | Things about me. | 了解我的事情 |
[18:54] | If he does, maybe Brooklyn knows me. | 如果他知道 也许布鲁克林认识我 |
[18:58] | Maybe I know him. | 也学我认识他 |
[19:04] | How did they find him? | 他们是怎么发现他的 |
[19:06] | It must’ve been that Indian boy. | 肯定是因为那个印第安男孩 |
[19:08] | And you’re sure that it’s him? | 你确定是他 |
[19:09] | Yes, he’s a handler. His name is Victor Green. | 对 他是背后操纵的人 叫维克托·格林 |
[19:12] | Well, I already have a pass for the test site. | 我已经拿到了去实验区的通行证 |
[19:14] | I can leave now. | 我现在可以走了 |
[19:17] | No. No, you and Perseus, | 不 不行 你和珀尔修斯 |
[19:18] | you wait for the convoy, | 你们等人来接应 |
[19:20] | and you get out to the test site as planned. | 你按计划去试验区 |
[19:22] | We can’t arouse suspicion. | 我们不能引人怀疑 |
[19:23] | What if he gives us up? | 如果他把我们供出来呢 |
[19:24] | He won’t crack. Even if they torture him, he won’t crack. | 他不会松口的 即便他被拷打也不会开口的 |
[19:27] | Are you sure about that? | 你确定 |
[19:29] | I know men like him. I know how they’ve been trained. | 我了解他那类人 我知道他们受过什么训练 |
[19:33] | He– he killed a G-2 agent. | 他杀了一名情报部门特工 |
[19:36] | He risked his own life | 他冒着生命危险 |
[19:37] | so that you could finish what you’ve started. | 只为了让你能完成你的使命 |
[19:38] | Yes, but if he trades up and I don’t make it off the Hill, | 对 但如果他只顾保命 而我还没离开镇上 |
[19:41] | I won’t be able to finish anything. | 什么使命我都没法完成 |
[19:43] | Listen to me. Nothing changes. | 听我说 一切照旧 |
[19:47] | You wait for the convoy and you take it out to the site. | 你等人接应 然后你去实验区 |
[19:51] | Okay. | 好的 |
[19:52] | Do you have the schematics for the circuits? | 你有电路图吗 |
[19:54] | I don’t need the schematics. I built the circuits. | 我不需要电路图 电路是我搭建的 |
[20:03] | Do you understand what happens if the test succeeds? | 你明白试验成功将会发生什么吗 |
[20:05] | It won’t. I won’t crack, either. | 不会的 我也不会搞砸的 |
[20:09] | Okay? | 好吗 |
[20:13] | So, do you have a dossier on Paul? | 看来你手上有保罗的档案 |
[20:16] | Did Brooklyn think that he was recruitable as well? | 布鲁克林认为他也能被招募吗 |
[20:21] | It turns out we have a big tent | 不过我们国家 |
[20:23] | and a welcome mat, too. | 也很热情好客 |
[20:28] | Only 20 men on this Hill know that I have a son. | 这镇上只有二十人知道我有儿子 |
[20:32] | Hogarth is one of them, | 贺加斯是其一 |
[20:33] | but, uh, I rather doubt his double agency. | 但我不认为他是双面间谍 |
[20:38] | Even his single agency was shit. | 他做个一面间谍都烂透了 |
[20:43] | You know, you’re not the only one with a kid, Paul. | 你知道你并不是唯一一个有孩子的人 保罗 |
[20:49] | Victor has a daughter. Eleanor. Adopted. | 维克托有个女儿叫埃莉诺 是他收养的 |
[20:53] | Should be about 30 now? | 现在差不多三十岁了吧 |
[20:55] | On the rolls at the University of Pittsburgh? | 在匹兹堡大学任职 |
[21:01] | But Eleanor fell off the map a few years ago. | 但几年前埃莉诺突然凭空消失了 |
[21:03] | And so where is she, Victor? Have you heard from her lately? | 她在哪 维克托 你最近跟她联系过吗 |
[21:10] | No? | 没有 |
[21:12] | Don’t worry, Director Hoover has all kinds of ways | 别担心 胡佛局长有各种各样 |
[21:13] | to track people down these days. | 追踪人的办法 |
[21:16] | I predict a tearful reunion. | 估计见面时会热泪盈眶吧 |
[21:26] | I need your assurance you’ll leave her out of this. | 我需要你保证不会把她牵扯进来 |
[21:30] | In exchange for… | 作为交换 |
[21:34] | A name. | 一个名字 |
[21:48] | Your colleague, he came to us two years ago. | 你的同事 他两年前主动来找我们 |
[21:54] | He told us you have a son. | 他告诉我们你有个儿子 |
[22:01] | His name was sid liao. | 他叫希德·廖 |
[22:10] | You’re welcome. | 不用客气 |
[22:16] | Take one for the road. | 带一个路上吃 |
[22:21] | Have as many pastries as you like. | 点心你随便拿 |
[22:27] | Good afternoon, gentlemen. | 下午好 先生们 |
[22:30] | While I have your attention, | 你们注意听我说 |
[22:32] | I want to tell you | 我想跟你们讲下 |
[22:35] | about a study I’ve been conducting | 我一直在跟一个大学实验室合作 |
[22:37] | in partnership with one of the university labs | 研究三位一体试验 |
[22:40] | on the environmental effects of the Trinity Test. | 对环境产生的影响 |
[22:48] | When, in the next 48 hours, | 48小时后 |
[22:49] | you detonate the world’s first atomic weapon, | 你们将引爆这世上第一颗原子弹 |
[22:53] | you will propel radioactive particles high into the sky | 辐射威力将被冲至高空 |
[22:56] | that will eventually fall back down to earth. | 然后最终会落回地球表面 |
[23:01] | Let’s give this phenomenon a name. | 让我们给这个现象起个名字 |
[23:04] | Let’s call it… | 让我们叫它 |
[23:07] | “Fallout.” | 放射性沉降物 |
[23:11] | Fallout. | 放射性沉降物 |
[23:15] | Despite all the work that you’ve done here on the Hill, | 你们在镇上做的各种研究都未涉及此课题 |
[23:17] | we know almost nothing about how fallout | 我们仍对放射性沉降物将如何回落至地表 |
[23:20] | will be absorbed back into the earth | 甚至可能进入人体内的过程 |
[23:22] | or maybe into the human body. | 一无所知 |
[23:25] | Consider, for example, the lanthanum radioactive tests | 想象下 你们一直在巴遥山谷 |
[23:28] | you’ve been doing in the Bayo Canyon. | 用放射性镧做测试 |
[23:31] | Incidentally, that muffin you’re eating, | 碰巧的是 你现在吃的这个松饼 |
[23:33] | that was baked this morning from corn that was harvested | 是今天早上烤的 用的正是从那片区域 |
[23:35] | from that very area. | 收获来的玉米 |
[23:40] | Now, Trinity could produce | 三位一体试验将会产生 |
[23:41] | 100,000 times more fallout than any prior experiment. | 比以往任何试验多十万倍的放射性沉降物 |
[23:46] | And we have no idea what this might mean | 而我们完全不知道这将会 |
[23:47] | for the surrounding farms, for the water sources, | 对周边农场 对水源 |
[23:52] | for the water we drink here on the Hill. | 对我们在镇上喝的水产生什么影响 |
[23:55] | Our research has only just begun. | 我们的研究才刚刚开始 |
[23:58] | But for everything we don’t know, | 但尽管有很多事我们还不清楚 |
[23:59] | there is one thing that we do– | 有一件事我们能确定 |
[24:01] | the extent of the fallout will depend on the weather, | 放射性沉降物的范围取决于天气 |
[24:05] | how strong the winds are and which direction they blow. | 风的强度和风向 |
[24:08] | The weather will determine the magnitude | 天气将会决定三位一体试验的影响 |
[24:11] | of the effect of Trinity. | 到底有多大 |
[24:12] | And unless the weather agrees with us, | 除非天气条件允许 |
[24:15] | we won’t move forward. | 否则我们不会开始试验 |
[24:17] | I expect you all to know Dr. Winter’s report chapter and verse | 我希望你们所有人在去实验区之前 |
[24:20] | by the time you get to the test site. | 都将温特博士的报告烂熟于心 |
[24:37] | So, those muffins, did they really come from the Bayo Canyon? | 那些松饼 真的是用巴遥山谷的谷物做的 |
[24:41] | The PX. You think I took up baking? | 贩卖部买的 你以为我会烘焙 |
[24:47] | An oriental was spying for the russians? | 一个亚裔为俄国当间谍 |
[24:50] | Uh, according to our guest. | 是我们的客人说的 |
[24:52] | You wanna explain to me how a ghost killed Avram Fisher? | 那你解释下鬼魂怎么能杀害埃弗兰·费舍 |
[24:55] | Victor might have killed him. | 他可能是维克托杀的 |
[24:58] | I don’t think Sid Liao is their spy. | 我不认为希德·廖是他们的间谍 |
[25:00] | Was their spy. | 以前是他们的间谍 |
[25:02] | I know there was a time that I doubted him, | 我以前确实怀疑过他 |
[25:04] | but Sid Liao was just a desperate chap in over his head. | 但希德·廖只是个走投无路的傻小子 |
[25:08] | There are 428 men on your payrolls | 在你的管辖下 一共有428人 |
[25:12] | who were born or raised in Brooklyn, | 是在布鲁克林出生或成长 |
[25:14] | 72 on this Hill. | 这镇上有72人 |
[25:17] | Maybe we should consider delaying the test | 也许我们应该推迟试验 |
[25:18] | until that list can be narrowed. | 直到我们能缩小目标范围 |
[25:20] | In two days, the President of the United States | 两天后 美利坚合众国总统 |
[25:21] | will be in Potsdam, Germany, | 将会前往德国波茨坦 |
[25:23] | sitting across from Joseph Stalin | 与约瑟夫·斯大林对面而坐 |
[25:25] | with the map of the world between them. | 商议世界格局 |
[25:27] | Truman’s gonna draw lines on that map. | 杜鲁门将会为这世界制定边界 |
[25:29] | Clear, bright, lines. | 明确 毋庸置疑的边界 |
[25:31] | Delay is out of the question. | 推迟绝对不可行 |
[25:33] | Sir, I know I’m new to this, | 长官 我知道这里我是新手 |
[25:34] | but what if it’s not just information that they’re after? | 但如果他们想要的不止是情报呢 |
[25:37] | We just shipped a billion dollars’ worth of plutonium | 我们刚将价值十亿美元的钚 |
[25:39] | into the middle of the desert. | 运到了沙漠中心 |
[25:40] | What if Brooklyn stole it? What if– | 如果被布鲁克林偷了呢 如果 |
[25:42] | I don’t know, what if he manages to disrupt the test somehow? | 我说不准 如果他成功将实验破坏了呢 |
[25:46] | What would the President have to show Stalin then? | 那时总统又该向斯大林亮什么牌 |
[25:56] | I will speak with Mr. Green myself. | 我去亲自跟格林先生谈 |
[26:05] | Make sure we have more castings. | 确保我们有更多铸件 |
[26:07] | As many as it takes. | 需要多少就造多少 |
[26:09] | All right. Go, go! Kiss your kids good night. | 好了 回家吧 给你的孩子一个晚安吻 |
[26:12] | Hopefully, not for good. | 希望那不会是吻别 |
[26:15] | Circus leaves town 10:00 A.M. sharp. | 全员明早十点准时从镇上出发 |
[26:21] | Fritz. | 福瑞茨 |
[26:28] | You ready for the Target Committee? | 你准备好应对目标委员会了吗 |
[26:30] | No. You help me prep on the way out to Trinity. | 没 明天去三位一体的路上你帮我准备 |
[26:35] | I’m… | 我 |
[26:36] | I’m not going to trinity. | 我不去三位一体 |
[26:41] | Dr. Isaacs, we need your approval for– | 艾萨克博士 我们需要你的批准才能 |
[26:43] | Hang on. Sit down. | 等下 坐吧 |
[26:45] | Sit down. | 坐 |
[26:51] | Fritz… | 福瑞茨 |
[26:56] | I know you’ve been through hell and I’m sorry. | 我知道你这段时间很不好过 我很抱歉 |
[26:58] | No, no, I’m sorry. | 不不 我很抱歉 |
[27:02] | I’m sorry that I won’t be able to help you anymore. | 抱歉我不能再继续帮你了 |
[27:07] | I’m grateful for the opportunities you’ve given me here, Charlie, | 我很感激你给我的机会 查理 |
[27:10] | But I just– I’ve had enough death for one lifetime. | 但我只是 我只是这辈子看够了死亡了 |
[28:32] | How long have they been in there? | 他们在里面待了多久了 |
[28:39] | I heard you were a patient man. | 我听说你很有耐心 |
[28:43] | That your patience led to the capture of six enemy combatants. | 正是你的耐心帮我们抓到了六名敌方间谍 |
[28:52] | So how’d you come to all this? | 那你是怎么参与进来的 |
[28:55] | – You’re some sort of… – Psychiatrist. | -感觉你是某种 -心理医生 |
[28:58] | Talking cure. | 谈话疗法 |
[29:00] | You’re a long way from Freud’s couch, doctor. | 你跟佛洛伊德可不是一路人 医生 |
[29:02] | Well, diseases of the mind aren’t confined to asylums, Paul. | 精神疾病并不只出现在精神病院里 保罗 |
[29:07] | They rewrite maps. | 他们可以改变世界格局 |
[29:10] | Look at Hitler. | 比如说希特勒 |
[29:11] | Stalin. The world’s full of sick– | 斯大林 这世上充斥着有精神疾病 |
[29:18] | Clean it up. | 去收拾干净 |
[29:55] | Abby? Sorry, I should’ve told you | 艾比 抱歉 我应该提前告诉你 |
[29:58] | I wouldn’t be back last night. | 我昨晚不回来 |
[29:59] | Everyone needed five minutes. | 每个人都要跟我谈五分钟 |
[30:01] | Now I only have five minutes. Where’s my suitcase? | 现在我只剩五分钟了 我的行李箱在哪 |
[30:05] | Hey, could I get a sandwich for the road? | 能给我做个三明治路上吃吗 |
[30:08] | Have your men do it. | 让你的人去给你做 |
[30:11] | What? | 什么 |
[30:12] | Your men in St. Louis. | 你在圣路易斯的人 |
[30:13] | Your father’s men who took care of Jean Tatlock. | 你父亲那些除掉了珍·塔特洛克的手下 |
[30:16] | Have them do it. | 让他们去做 |
[30:24] | Abby. | 艾比 |
[30:25] | Colonel Darrow records | 大罗上校录下了 |
[30:26] | every conversation in his office. | 他办公室里的所有对话 |
[30:27] | Did you know that? I didn’t. | 你知道吗 我不知道 |
[30:31] | I heard you, Charlie. | 我听到了你的声音 查理 |
[30:41] | It was a bluff… | 那只是吓唬他 |
[30:46] | to light a fire under Darrow, and then he… | 想让他早点采取行动 结果他 |
[30:49] | took things too far. | 做得太过火了 |
[30:51] | He did, not me. | 是他做的 不是我 |
[30:54] | Do you think a jury cares whose hands are dirtier? | 你觉得陪审团会在乎谁手上的血更多吗 |
[30:57] | Jesus. Abby, the decisions I make every– | 老天 艾比 我每天做的决定 |
[31:02] | I’m holding a hundred thousand lives in my dirty hands. | 我染血的手里掌握着成千上万的人命 |
[31:05] | In my position, you see things through to the end, | 在我的角度 你能了解到事态的全貌 |
[31:09] | things the world might not understand, | 也许全世界都不理解 |
[31:10] | but because you believe in something bigger. | 但只因为你相信更伟大的目标 |
[31:16] | You let me believe that I was responsible for a woman’s death. | 你让我相信那女人的死是我造成的 |
[31:22] | You’re a monster. | 你是个禽兽 |
[31:32] | God, I don’t expect you to understand. | 天 我并不期望你能理解我 |
[31:35] | No. No, of course not. | 不 我当然不懂 |
[31:37] | How could I? I just have the one life in my hands. | 我怎么会懂 我手上只有一条人命而已 |
[31:43] | I gotta go. | 我得走了 |
[31:44] | We’ll talk about it when I get back. | 等我回来我们再谈 |
[31:46] | Joey! | 乔伊 |
[31:51] | Where’s joey? | 乔伊在哪 |
[31:54] | He’s on his way to Brookline. | 他在回布鲁克莱恩的路上 |
[31:56] | I don’t have time for games, Abby. Where is he? | 我没时间跟你兜圈子 艾比 他在哪 |
[31:58] | Juanita is driving him. | 胡安妮塔在开车送他 |
[31:59] | He’s going to live with my parents. | 他会住在我父母那 |
[32:13] | The Colonel may have me trapped here, but… | 上校也许把我困在了这里 但是 |
[32:17] | my son will have no part of this. | 我的儿子不能牵扯进来 |
[32:20] | You sent my son | 你把我的儿子 |
[32:23] | 3,000 miles away from me | 送到了近五千公里外 |
[32:26] | with the Goddamn maid? | 只有个破女佣陪着 |
[32:28] | I was seeing things through. | 我看到了事情全貌 |
[32:30] | Maybe I’m just as much to blame as you are, | 也许我跟你一样有罪 |
[32:32] | but Joey deserves better. | 但乔伊应该过上更好的生活 |
[32:33] | Stolen away from his father, | 从自己父亲身边被偷走 |
[32:34] | that’s what he deserves? | 这就是他应该过得生活 |
[32:36] | I’m keeping him safe from you | 我只是让他免受你的影响 |
[32:37] | just like you should’ve been kept safe from your father! | 就像你本应该远离你父亲 免受他影响 |
[32:39] | You think I won’t get in the car and bring him back? | 你以为我不会上车去把他追回来 |
[32:42] | Your test is in 24 hours. | 你的试验24小时后开始 |
[32:44] | You think I don’t know which way you’ll drive? | 你以为我不知道你会朝哪个方向开吗 |
[33:07] | Is this how they teach you how to stage a suicide | 医学院就教你这样伪装 |
[33:09] | in medical school? | 自杀现场吗 |
[33:11] | This one’s a challenge. | 这个比较有挑战 |
[33:14] | The stable’s a unique venue. | 马厩是个很独特的犯罪地点 |
[33:17] | Forty percent check out in their own house. | 40%的人会在自己家里自杀 |
[33:22] | I prefer bathrooms. | 我更倾向于卫生间 |
[33:24] | It’s a good place to open a wrist. | 是个割腕的绝佳地点 |
[33:28] | Or drown. | 或是溺毙 |
[33:30] | In the end, it’s not the scene that matters, | 到最后 自杀地点并不重要 |
[33:32] | it’s the story. | 重要的是背后的故事 |
[33:33] | It’s gotta be credible. | 需要令人信服 |
[33:35] | In this case… | 这个人的话 |
[33:39] | a bankrupt, small-time rancher | 一个平庸的破产农场主 |
[33:42] | holes up in his remote barn. | 在他的谷仓里告别所有纷扰 |
[33:43] | How about this for a story? | 这个故事怎么样 |
[33:44] | A Commissioned Officer executes a suspect? | 一名军官处决了一名嫌犯 |
[33:47] | The man who could have told us the identity of Brooklyn. | 这个人本可以告诉我们布鲁克林的真实身份 |
[33:50] | There was no judge, there was no jury– | 他的死没有法官 也没有陪审团 |
[33:52] | Do you think I’m happy we’re here? | 你以为我愿意处在这个境地 |
[33:54] | A Soviet spy in the hand is worth ten in the ground. | 抓到一名苏联间谍能换一万美元 |
[33:57] | We could’ve used him. Angry man, your colonel. | 我们本可以利用他 你那位上校脾气太大了 |
[34:00] | Not a lot of restraint when it comes to communists. | 碰到共产党员就容易失去理智 |
[34:03] | He’ll make a hell of a senator someday. You wait and see. | 他以后会成为参议员有所作为的 等着瞧吧 |
[34:07] | Grab that foot. | 抱住那只脚 |
[34:11] | He won’t mind. | 他不会介意的 |
[34:20] | We’re gonna pull on three. Ready? | 我们数到三一起拽 准备好了吗 |
[34:23] | One, two, three. | 一 二 三 |
[34:31] | You know, I agreed to translate scientific information. | 我只是答应翻译科技情报 |
[34:36] | Tell the Colonel my tenure is over. | 告诉上校我的任期结束了 |
[34:38] | The Colonel, forget him. He doesn’t even know you’re here. | 别管上校了 他根本不知道你在这 |
[34:41] | No, I wanted you to see this. | 是我想让你看这一切 |
[34:46] | Why? | 为什么 |
[34:47] | World War II is over, Paul. | 第二次世界大战已经结束 保罗 |
[34:49] | The next war’s already started. | 下一场战争早已开始 |
[34:50] | It’s gonna be unlike any conflict in history. | 它跟历史上的任何冲突都不同 |
[34:54] | It’ll be waged silently by men like you and me. | 是由像你我这样的人悄然进行的 |
[34:58] | – I’m a physicist. – I’m a doctor. | -我是物理学家 -我是医生 |
[35:01] | We’re forming a new breed of intelligence organization, | 我们构成了间谍机构的新分支 |
[35:05] | one with a more centralized approach. | 采用更集中化的方法 |
[35:10] | We have connections, money, pedigree– | 我们有人脉 金钱 出身名门 |
[35:13] | things you like. | 都是你喜欢的 |
[35:18] | You’ll get used to the things you don’t. | 你会逐渐习惯这些你现在受不了的事情的 |
[35:46] | I saw them load the crate into the back of the truck. | 我看到他们把一个木箱放到了卡车后面 |
[35:50] | Well, how do you know it was a body? | 你怎么知道那里面装着尸体 |
[35:53] | What else are they gonna carry out of an interrogation room? | 从审讯室里搬出来的除了尸体还会有什么 |
[35:56] | Jesus. | 老天 |
[36:00] | That’s the, uh– that’s the convoy. | 那是接应我的人 |
[36:03] | I bet– I better go. | 我得走了 |
[36:04] | No. No! | 不 不行 |
[36:06] | You’re not going with the convoy. | 你不能跟接应的人走 |
[36:08] | You and Perseus are gonna go out there on your own. | 你跟珀尔修斯得想办法自己出去 |
[36:11] | What? Why? | 什么 为什么 |
[36:13] | I’m making an adjustment to the plan. | 我要对计划做点调整 |
[36:15] | If we all we do is sabotage the Gadget, | 如果我们只是破坏小玩意 |
[36:17] | – they’ll just keep rebuilding it. – Maybe. | -他们还会不停地重建 -也许吧 |
[36:19] | But it’s gonna take them months to figure out what went wrong. | 但他们要花几个月才能找出纰漏 |
[36:21] | And then they’ll do another test, just ten times more powerful. | 到那时他们会再做实验 威力再增大十倍 |
[36:23] | But didn’t Moscow say to stick to the plan? | 但莫斯科不是说要按原计划行事吗 |
[36:25] | Didn’t you say that nothing changes? | 你不是说一切保持原样吗 |
[36:27] | I’m changing– I’m changing the plan. | 我在 我正在调整计划 |
[36:29] | Oh, you– you can do that? | 你可以这么做吗 |
[36:31] | Those men out there at Trinity, | 在三位一体的那些人 |
[36:33] | they’re not gonna stop unless we stop them. | 他们永远不会住手 除非我们阻止他们 |
[36:37] | Stop them how? | 怎么阻止 |
[36:39] | You built the circuits, | 电路是你设计的 |
[36:41] | you can wire them to go off at any time you like. | 你可以控制引爆的时间 |
[36:46] | You mean before everyone evacuates? | 你是说抢在所有人撤离之前 |
[36:51] | Jim… | 吉姆 |
[36:53] | You wanna kill the scientists? | 你想杀害科学家们 |
[36:56] | You wanna kill my friends? | 你想杀害我朋友 |
[37:00] | We do one terrible thing tomorrow, | 明天由我们做恶人 |
[37:04] | but then no one ever has to again. | 但以后永远都不需要别人再做 |
[37:17] | I wanna go to the test. | 我想去参加试验 |
[37:20] | And I’m gonna get there | 我要过去 |
[37:21] | if I have to stow away in somebody’s trunk. | 哪怕需要我藏在车后备箱里也要去 |
[37:25] | Don’t do that. | 别那么做 |
[37:26] | Why not? | 为什么不 |
[37:29] | Don’t go to Trinity. | 别去三位一体 |
[37:31] | You’ve got a lot of work to do here. | 你在这里有很多工作要做 |
[37:33] | Yeah, well, tell that to my boss. | 你去把这话说给我老板听 |
[37:34] | Even hogarth worked longer hours. | 连贺加斯之前都会加班 |
[37:40] | Frank is damn lucky to have you as his deputy. | 有你做他副手 法兰克真是够走运的 |
[37:45] | And he’s not going to the Trinity site, either. | 他也不去三位一体地点 |
[37:47] | No. But who is? | 他不去 那谁会去 |
[37:51] | You. A guy who went to a second-rate law school | 你 一个二流法学院出身的人 |
[37:55] | is getting orchestra seats | 拿到了见证物理历史的 |
[37:57] | to physics history. | 头等座 |
[37:59] | Hey, I went to a third-rate law school. | 我上的是三流法学院 |
[38:03] | And if I could bring a date… | 而且如果我能带个约会对象 |
[38:04] | Well, it wouldn’t be me, apparently. | 很显然也不会带我 |
[38:37] | Charlie Isaacs. | 查理·艾萨克 |
[38:40] | What am I supposed to call you? “Beuker”? | 我应该怎么称呼你 别克吗 |
[38:43] | Sure, why not? | 可以 有何不可 |
[38:47] | What the hell are you doing here? | 你到这来干什么 |
[38:49] | Ever been to Brooklyn? | 去过布鲁克林吗 |
[38:52] | Not in a long time. Why? | 很久没去过了 怎么了 |
[38:54] | Never mind. I heard you fixed both Gadgets | 没什么 我听说你在半年内 |
[38:57] | inside of six months. | 修好了所有两个小玩意 |
[38:59] | Not bad for a conscientious objector. | 对于出于信仰而反战的人来说 挺不错 |
[39:01] | Yeah, maybe I went to the wrong meetings. | 对 也许我赴了一场错误的约 |
[39:03] | What do you want, Joe? | 你想怎么样 乔 |
[39:07] | You ever hear of Camp Aliceville in Alabama? | 你听说过阿拉巴马州的艾丽斯维尔战俘营吗 |
[39:12] | Why? Is that where you’re putting on | 怎么 你马上要去 |
[39:13] | your latest piece of theater? | 那里表演了吗 |
[39:15] | It’s a prison for German POWs. | 那是关押德国战俘的地方 |
[39:18] | Not all military. Cultural ambassadors, too. | 并不全是军人 还有文化大使 |
[39:21] | Even a few musicians. | 甚至有几位音乐家 |
[39:24] | Including your mother. | 包括你母亲 |
[39:28] | I thought you might like to know. | 我觉得你可能想知道 |
[39:57] | Team leader from Test Vector X-2B, | X-2B实验小组组长 |
[39:59] | report to Director Schaefer. | 请向舍费尔主管汇报 |
[40:15] | 祝你好运 爸爸 | |
[40:33] | Helen? What time is it? | 海伦 现在几点了 |
[40:35] | Business hours in New York. | 纽约的办公时间 |
[40:37] | Took some calls, | 打了几通电话 |
[40:38] | but I got to the bottom of how our metallurgy budget | 但我终于发现我们的冶炼预算是怎么 |
[40:40] | wound up in Rochester. | 跑到罗切斯特去的 |
[40:43] | Admin must’ve given you the wrong form to sign, | 管理员肯定给了你错的表格 |
[40:45] | but, uh, you can give them a call, straighten it out. | 但你可以给他们打个电话 纠正下错误 |
[40:50] | Just leave the number here on my desk. | 把号码放在我桌上就好 |
[40:53] | The funny thing is– and you won’t believe the coincidence– | 可笑的是 你都不敢相信这有多巧合 |
[40:56] | Liza’s collaborating with | 莱莎在跟 |
[40:58] | the University of Rochester on her work. | 罗切斯特大学一起合作 |
[41:00] | Our money just funded all the resources and equipment she needs. | 我们的钱资助了她购买所有人力和仪器 |
[41:06] | Small world. | 世界真小啊 |
[41:08] | Must be really exhausting | 你一定精疲力尽了吧 |
[41:09] | making sure we don’t finish Little Boy on time. | 为了保证小男孩不会按期完成 |
[41:14] | As soon as you’re sitting in this chair again, | 只要你能再次坐到我这个位置 |
[41:16] | we’ll do things your way. | 我们就按你的想法做 |
[41:17] | I did everything you asked | 当你在领导内爆研究时 |
[41:19] | when you were running implosion. | 你所说的一切我都照做了 |
[41:20] | Even when it was illegal. | 即便是非法的事也照做不误 |
[41:22] | I sounded the alarm when you disappeared. | 当你消失时 是我提醒了大家 |
[41:24] | Then I gave up my one shot at history | 然后我放弃了在史上留名的机会 |
[41:27] | so you could get us a seat at the table– | 好让你拿到一个席位 |
[41:29] | Scientific control of the bomb. | 有科学家来控制原子弹 |
[41:31] | But you don’t want a seat at the table, Frank. | 但你根本不想要那个席位 法兰克 |
[41:33] | You don’t want there to be a table or a bomb. | 你不希望有原子弹或是委员会 |
[41:34] | And you think that you’re entitled | 你认为自己有资格 |
[41:36] | to make that decision on your own. | 凭一己之言来做那个决定 |
[41:37] | And what about you, Helen? | 那你呢 海伦 |
[41:40] | You excited to incinerate 20,000 kids? | 两万儿童会被烧成灰 你很兴奋吗 |
[41:45] | How did you get this office back, Frank? | 你是怎么回到这个办公室的 法兰克 |
[41:49] | Fixing Charlie’s mistake? | 解决了查理的问题 |
[41:51] | The detonator charges at the dry run, | 实弹演习时 雷管的正负极 |
[41:53] | they got reversed somehow? | 不知怎么被装反了吗 |
[41:55] | You came to the rescue? | 然后你出手拯救世界 |
[41:59] | Get the hell out of my office. | 滚出我的办公室 |
[42:28] | What the hell? | 搞什么 |
[42:31] | What are you doing? | 你们干什么 |
[42:44] | – Excuse me, gentlemen. – Thank you. | -打扰下 先生们 -谢谢 |
[42:50] | Gentlemen? I think we have a quorum. | 先生们 看来达到法定人数了 |
[42:53] | I’ll give the table over to Dr. Oppenheimer. | 下面请奥本海默博士发言 |
[42:58] | Thank you, Mr. Secretary. | 谢谢 部长先生 |
[43:01] | The last time this committee met, | 上一次召开委员会时 |
[43:02] | it was on Pennsylvania Avenue. | 是在宾夕法尼亚大道[白宫 美国国会所在地] |
[43:05] | I think you’ll find the desert more civilized. | 我想你们会发现沙漠里文明程度更高 |
[43:07] | I’ll start. | 我先说 |
[43:13] | When I, uh, took this job… | 当我 接受这份工作时 |
[43:18] | When I took this job, I had no idea | 当我接受这份工作时 我根本不知道 |
[43:21] | what we were building here. | 我们在这里造什么 |
[43:23] | When I found out, I wanted to leave. | 当我搞明白时 想过要离开 |
[43:27] | Since I’ve been here, I’ve done things… | 自从我来这 我干过一些 |
[43:30] | I never imagined I was capable of. | 我从没想过自己会做的事 |
[43:33] | I convinced myself we were here to protect | 我说服自己 我们在这里是为了保护 |
[43:36] | our kids from the Gestapo. | 我们的孩子不被盖世太保伤害 |
[43:38] | Well, my wife… | 我的妻子 |
[43:42] | sent my kid back East last night | 昨晚把我的孩子送回了东海岸 |
[43:47] | to protect him from me. | 为了保护他不被我伤害 |
[43:50] | Dr. Isaacs– | 艾萨克博士 |
[43:51] | She told me I’m a monster. | 她说我是个禽兽 |
[43:54] | A murderer. | 杀人凶手 |
[43:56] | I wanted to tell her she was wrong, | 我想告诉她 她错了 |
[43:59] | but I couldn’t. | 但我做不到 |
[44:01] | I had a speech prepared. | 我本来准备好了发言 |
[44:02] | I was gonna come in here and tell you | 我本准备来这里告诉你们 |
[44:04] | to detonate the bomb on a desert island– | 在荒岛上引爆原子弹 |
[44:07] | a demonstration for the Japanese high command. | 向日本最高统帅证明我们的能力 |
[44:10] | I was gonna tell you that | 我本准备告诉你们 |
[44:11] | Hirohito would surrender on the spot. | 昭和天皇肯定会当场投降 |
[44:13] | I was gonna say let’s show restraint | 我本准备说让我们有些自制 |
[44:17] | and we can be feared and loved | 我们能被世人爱戴并敬畏 |
[44:19] | and then be forgiven for bringing the Gadget | 然后我们将小玩意带到世上这件事 |
[44:21] | into the world in the first place. | 就能最终被原谅 |
[44:24] | But the truth is… | 但事实是 |
[44:27] | we can be loved… | 我们可以被爱戴 |
[44:32] | or we can have peace. | 或者我们带来和平 |
[44:35] | Not both. | 两者不可兼得 |
[44:36] | So, if we want to change the world– | 如果我们想要改变世界 |
[44:39] | and we do, gentlemen– we have to. | 我们确实希望如此 先生们 我们不得不 |
[44:42] | If we want to change the world, | 如果我们想要改变世界 |
[44:46] | then we need to embrace | 那我们就必须要接受 |
[44:49] | what the world will call us | 当我们完成使命时 |
[44:51] | when we finish what we’ve started. | 世人会对我们冠上的恶名 |
[44:57] | Monsters… | 一群禽兽 |
[45:01] | who erased a city… | 在毫无预警的情况下 |
[45:04] | without warning. | 从地球上抹平了一座城市 |
[45:06] | You mean a military target? | 你是说一个军事目标 |
[45:07] | No, a city full of civilians. | 不 一座全是平民的城市 |
[45:12] | And we detonate the altitude | 我们引爆炸弹的高度 |
[45:14] | that gives us the widest blast radius. | 要保证爆炸半径能达到最大 |
[45:17] | Maximum destruction of infrastructure. | 要最大限度地摧毁基础设施 |
[45:20] | Homes, hospitals, schools. | 住宅 医院 学校 |
[45:24] | It has to be catastrophic… | 一定要是毁灭性的打击 |
[45:27] | on a scale that no one has ever imagined. | 惨烈程度要超乎所有人的想象 |
[45:40] | If we detonate our bomb on a desert island, | 如果我们在荒岛引爆原子弹 |
[45:42] | we might stop this war. | 我们也许可以叫停这场战争 |
[45:44] | But we won’t prevent the next one. | 但我们没法阻止下一场 |
[45:46] | The weapon we’re testing… | 我们正在测试的武器 |
[45:49] | Fat Man? | 胖子 |
[45:51] | It’s nothing. | 根本不值一提 |
[45:53] | We’ll measure it in, uh, kilotons of TNT. | 当量大概只有几千吨TNT |
[45:55] | Twenty years from now they’ll be counting megatons, | 二十年后 他们会造出百万吨级 |
[45:59] | Countries, continents. | 那时被毁灭的就是国家和大洲 |
[46:03] | So I’m begging you, | 所以我在此请求你们 |
[46:04] | for your kids, your grandkids, | 为了你们的孩子 你们的孙辈 |
[46:06] | show the world what evil looks like once. | 向世人展示一次邪恶的力量到底有多强大 |
[46:09] | See it through. | 要震慑所有人 |
[46:10] | As a species, we lack in imagination. | 作为一个种族 我们太缺乏想象力 |
[46:13] | we can’t conceive of the big nightmares– | 我们根本想象不到最大的噩梦有多可怕 |
[46:15] | genocide, mass starvation, | 种族灭绝 饥荒 |
[46:18] | or atomic war until we live it. | 或是核战 除非我们亲眼见到 |
[46:23] | We have to drop our bomb | 我们必须将原子弹 |
[46:25] | on a city in the heart of Japan. | 投到日本最核心的城市 |
[46:29] | Because people need something to be afraid of. | 因为必须有东西让世人心生敬畏 |
[46:35] | Fear is now and has always been | 恐惧是现在 也是未来 |
[46:39] | the only thing that keeps the peace. | 维持和平的唯一手段 |
[46:43] | The only thing that changes the world, | 只有它能改变世界 |
[46:47] | changes anything, anyone. | 改变一切 改变所有人 |
[46:51] | We have to be monsters today | 我们现在不得不做恶人 |
[46:53] | to stop the monsters of tomorrow. | 只为阻止未来涌现出更多恶人 |
[47:19] | Shouldn’t you be in the desert | 你不应该去沙漠里 |
[47:20] | with the rest of the nabobs | 跟其他大人物一起 |
[47:23] | doing the chain-reaction charleston? | 做链式反应试验吗 |
[47:26] | I’m not really in a dancing mood. | 我现在没那个心情 |
[47:35] | I just don’t believe it, you know? | 我就是无法接受 |
[47:38] | That accidents just happen? | 事故就那样发生了 |
[47:46] | Do you know what she said to me that day? | 你知道她那天对我说了什么吗 |
[47:48] | Jeannie? | 金妮 |
[47:50] | Whatever you’re gonna say– | 不论你要说什么 |
[47:52] | whether it’s to make me feel better | 是为了让我好受点 |
[47:54] | or just to spin some Crosley malarkey– | 或是克罗斯利式的胡言乱语 |
[47:59] | skip it. | 都省省吧 |
[48:06] | She said she didn’t know what we were doing in the tech area, | 她说她不知道我们在技术区做什么 |
[48:09] | but she knew that it might change the world. | 但她知道那将会改变世界 |
[48:12] | And Jeannie said if the world had to change, | 金妮说如果世界不得不被改变 |
[48:15] | then you were the kind of man to keep us all honest, | 像你这种人才能保证我们永远诚实 |
[48:19] | make sure it would change for the better. | 保证它会向更好的方向改变 |
[48:24] | You can still get there, you know? | 你仍能做到 你知道 |
[48:28] | I’ll be at the PX getting drunk. | 我要去贩卖店买醉 |
[48:31] | You can come, not come– I don’t care. | 来不来随你 我不在乎 |
[49:23] | Charlie. | 查理 |
[49:24] | Robert. | 罗伯特 |
[49:25] | What the hell? | 搞什么 |
[49:29] | It was you. | 是你干的 |
[49:51] | I think Frank Winter’s sabotaged the pretest. | 我认为是法兰克·温特故意破坏了试爆 |
[50:08] | Paul? | 保罗 |
[50:11] | We need to talk about Jim. | 我们得谈谈吉姆的事 |