时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:02] | Because on July 4th, 1945, | 因为在1945年7月4日 |
[00:05] | We’re going to test the Gadget in our own backyard. | 我们将在祖国境内测试小玩意 |
[00:08] | The Army manipulated us, you and I, Charlie. | 军方玩弄了我们 你跟我 查理 |
[00:11] | We have to stop this train. | 我们得阻止这一切 |
[00:13] | He doesn’t just want a seat at the table. | 他不光想成为委员会成员 |
[00:14] | He wants to shut down the project. | 他是想关闭项目 |
[00:17] | If you thought you were racing the Nazis to a superweapon, | 如果你以为你在追赶纳粹制造超级武器 |
[00:19] | your ignorance has been engineered. | 你们只是被蒙蔽了 |
[00:22] | I gave up my one shot at history | 我放弃青史留名的唯一机会 |
[00:24] | so you could get us a seat at the table. | 以便你能让我们进入目标委员会 |
[00:25] | You excited to incinerate 20,000 kids? | 你愿意烧死两万个孩子吗 |
[00:29] | I think Frank Winter sabotaged the pretest. | 我觉得法兰克·温特破坏了试爆 |
[00:32] | This test is the start of a whole new era, | 这测试拉开了新时代的帷幕 |
[00:35] | like Auro’s interplanetary cruise ship crash-landing on Jupiter. | 好比奥罗的星际战坠毁在了木星上 |
[00:39] | – Are you a spy, Jim? – Uh, Jeannie, wait! | -你是间谍吗 吉姆 -金妮 等等 |
[00:41] | Jim! I’ll handle this. | 吉姆 我来处理这事 |
[00:45] | I’m not going to Trinity. | 我不去三位一体试验场了 |
[00:47] | I’m grateful for the opportunities | 我很感激 |
[00:48] | you’ve given me here, Charlie, | 你给我的机会 查理 |
[00:49] | But I’ve had enough death for one lifetime. | 我经历过的死亡已经够多了 |
[00:53] | – Where’s Joey? – He’s on his way to Brookline. | -乔伊呢 -回布鲁克莱恩的路上 |
[00:56] | Juanita’s driving him. He’s going to live with my parents. | 胡安妮塔开车送他 他会住在我父母那 |
[00:59] | Keeping him safe from you, | 我只是让他免受你的影响 |
[01:01] | just like you should have been kept safe from your father! | 就像你本应该远离你父亲免受他影响 |
[01:01] | You think I won’t get in the car and bring him back? | 你以为我不会上车去把他追回来 |
[01:05] | Your test is in 24 hours. | 你的试验24小时后开始 |
[01:08] | you think I don’t know which way you’ll drive? | 你以为我不知道你会朝哪个方向开吗 |
[01:09] | You, a guy who went to a second-rate law school, | 一个二流法学院出身的人 |
[01:13] | is getting orchestra seats to physics history? | 拿到了见证物理历史的贵宾票 |
[01:17] | You and Perseus | 你和珀尔修斯 |
[01:19] | are going to go out there on your own. | 得想办法自己出去 |
[01:21] | You built the circuits. | 电路是你设计的 |
[01:22] | you can wire them to go off at any time you like. | 你可以控制引爆的时间 |
[01:25] | You want to kill the scientists. | 你想杀害科学家们 |
[01:28] | You want to kill my friends. | 你想杀害我朋友 |
[01:31] | Paul? | 保罗 |
[01:34] | We need to talk about Jim. | 我们得谈谈吉姆的事 |
[01:42] | Last car leaves the blast zone | 最后一辆车离开爆炸区域 |
[01:44] | at zero minus 30 minutes. | 是倒数三十分钟的时候 |
[01:46] | They test the firing switch… | 他们会检查引爆开关 |
[01:48] | Two hours earlier. I know. | 引爆前两小时的时候 我知道 |
[01:52] | So you rig the detonator | 所以你把引爆器 |
[01:52] | to go off when Isaacs hits the switch. | 设置为艾萨克测试开关时引爆 |
[01:55] | The bomb fizzles and scatters plutonium | 炸弹失败 钚碎片都飞到 |
[01:58] | halfway to El Paso. | 厄尔巴索去 |
[02:01] | Killing all the staff on the ground. | 还会杀死地面上所有工作人员 |
[02:05] | I think we should stick to the original plan. | 我觉得我们应该执行原计划 |
[02:09] | Hold off till everyone evacuates. | 等所有人都撤离再引爆 |
[02:11] | Just– just you and me now, right? | 现在就剩你和我了 对吗 |
[02:14] | The decision is ours. | 决定权在我们 |
[02:17] | We’re not the directors of this play. | 我们不是这出戏的导演 |
[02:20] | We’re the actors. | 我们只是演员 |
[02:22] | What’s your part? | 那你演的是什么角色 |
[02:23] | Make sure I do mine? | 确保我演好自己的角色吗 |
[02:31] | But where’s the proof, Paul, | 有什么证据呢 保罗 |
[02:32] | besides some baseball hat? | 除了一顶棒球帽 |
[02:34] | Meeks was the most devoted member of my group. | 米克斯是我组里最专心工作的人 |
[02:37] | I practically had to crowbar him out the door | 我基本上是逼着他 |
[02:38] | to attend his own mother’s funeral. | 去参加了他母亲的葬礼 |
[02:43] | What? | 这是什么 |
[03:03] | – Operator. – Yeah, outside line, please. | -接线员 -外线 谢谢 |
[03:06] | Fairview, 89091. | 费尔维尤 89091 |
[03:09] | Hold, please. | 请稍等 |
[03:14] | Hello? | 喂 |
[03:17] | Yes, hello. | 喂 你好 |
[03:19] | Who am I speaking with? | 请问您是哪位 |
[03:20] | This is Edith Meeks. | 我是伊迪斯·米克斯 |
[03:26] | I’m very sorry to trouble you, ma’am. | 抱歉打扰您了 夫人 |
[03:30] | Is Jim Meeks your son? | 吉姆·米克斯是您儿子吗 |
[03:32] | Yes, he is. | 是的 |
[03:34] | Are you a friend of Jimmy’s? | 你是吉姆的朋友吗 |
[03:36] | No, I– I was his teacher. | 不 我 我曾是他的老师 |
[03:42] | He’s going to wind up in the electric chair. | 他这可是要上电椅的 |
[03:44] | God, Frank, Colonel Darrow finds out, | 天哪法兰克 要让达罗上校知道了 |
[03:46] | he won’t make it that far, believe me. | 他可挺不到那一天 相信我 |
[03:49] | – Who else knows? – No one. | -还有谁知道 -没人了 |
[03:50] | And as soon as it’s out of the bag, he’s beyond our help. | 一旦这事泄露 我们就没法救他了 |
[03:53] | A spy in the hand is worth 10 in the grave. | 一个活间谍顶十个死间谍 |
[03:55] | We can flip him– double agency. | 我们可以劝他倒戈 双面间谍 |
[03:57] | The soviets have been doing it for decades. | 苏维埃人这么干了几十年了 |
[03:59] | We’ve just joined the game. | 我们才刚刚开始 |
[04:01] | We? | 我们 |
[04:03] | I may have picked up some extracurriculars. | 我也许是做了些课外活动 |
[04:10] | Listen to me, all right? | 听我说 好吗 |
[04:11] | Intelligence boys will play poker with a spy, | 情报工作人员也许会和间谍斗智斗勇 |
[04:13] | but not with a saboteur, | 但对破坏分子可不一样 |
[04:14] | so we have one chance to save him. | 所以我们只有一个机会救他 |
[04:16] | We’ll get to Jim before he gets to the bomb. | 我们在他碰炸弹前先说服吉姆 |
[04:19] | We’re looking for Dr. Frank Winter. | 我们来找法兰克·温特博士 |
[04:21] | Is this his desk? | 这是他的桌子吗 |
[04:23] | Where’s Frank Winter? | 法兰克·温特呢 |
[04:25] | Damn it. Helen. | 该死的 海伦 |
[04:26] | I may have dabbled in some extracurriculars myself. | 我好像也做了点课外活动 |
[04:30] | Why did you think I came to you first? | 你以为我为什么第一个来找你 |
[04:38] | They’re my friends, the scientists. | 他们是我朋友 那些科学家 |
[04:40] | Well, they’re also mass murderers. | 他们也是大屠杀的罪魁祸首 |
[04:42] | You can do better. | 你比他们强 |
[04:44] | Where the hell is my Trinity Pass? | 我的三位一体通行证呢 |
[04:47] | – Will you pull over? – What? | -靠边停车 -什么 |
[04:49] | Pull over? | 停车 |
[04:58] | The Goddamn Pass has got to be in here. | 那该死的通行证肯定在车里 |
[05:08] | The Pass has got to be back here somewhere. | 那通行证肯定在车里某个地方 |
[05:16] | Go ahead. | 走吧 |
[05:19] | “Batter my heart, three-personed God, | “三位一体之神 请击打我心 |
[05:22] | “for you as yet but knock. | 因你不止敲打 |
[05:24] | “breathe, shine and seek to mend, | 呼吸 闪烁 还修补 |
[05:29] | “that I may rise and stand. | 让我可以兴起 站立 |
[05:30] | “Overthrow me, and bend your force | 请击打我 让我服于您力量之下 |
[05:34] | “to break, blow, burn, | 敲碎 击打 锻炼 |
[05:38] | “and make me new.” | 让我涅磐重生” |
[05:42] | Members of the Special Engineering Division, | 特殊工程部成员 |
[05:44] | report to position k to initiate evacuation proceedings. | 请到K点报到 进行疏散 |
[05:50] | Hey! Wait! | 等等 |
[05:52] | Charlie! Just wait, please! | 查理 等等 请等等 |
[05:55] | So, the dawn– the dawn of the atomic age | 居然是不到五十年前 |
[05:58] | being ushered in by a jewish cardsharp | 才登上美国海岸的一个犹太家族 |
[06:01] | whose family crash-landed on the American shore… | 出身的大骗子带来了 |
[06:03] | – You shouldn’t be down here. – …less than 50 years ago. | -你不该待在这里 -原子时代的黎明 |
[06:05] | No, just one quote. One quote. | 别 就一句话 一句话 |
[06:16] | Liza. | 莱莎 |
[06:20] | Fritz, you’re here. | 福瑞茨 你来了 |
[06:22] | You were right. Work helps. | 你是对的 工作确实有用 |
[06:25] | So does beer and crying, | 啤酒和大哭一场也有 |
[06:28] | But… | 但是 |
[06:31] | Jeannie would have wanted me to be here. | 金妮会希望我来的 |
[06:37] | I warned them about the storm. | 我跟他们说了会有风暴 |
[06:41] | They don’t care. | 他们根本不在乎 |
[06:43] | They won’t even let me in the command tent. | 他们都不准我进指挥帐篷 |
[06:50] | But they’ll let you in, right? | 但他们会让你进去 对吧 |
[06:53] | What do I tell them? | 我应该告诉他们什么 |
[06:58] | Whoa! Charlie! Charlie! | 查理 查理 |
[07:01] | Fritz! You’re here. | 福瑞茨 你来了 |
[07:03] | Yeah. | 对 |
[07:04] | I’m glad. Grab a radio. | 太好了 去拿个对讲机 |
[07:07] | Make sure the circuit cables don’t short out in the rain. | 保证电路不会因为下雨短路 |
[07:09] | Whoa, whoa, we’re supposed to meet | 我们本应该在满足 |
[07:11] | 10 weather conditions before we pull the trigger. | 十项天气条件的情况下再试验的 |
[07:13] | Visibility over 45 miles, humidity below 85%– | 能见度得超过72公里 湿度低于85% |
[07:16] | Yeah, I read the report. | 我懂 我看了报告 |
[07:18] | But you got to talk to the Colonel, delay the test. | 你得去跟上校谈谈 推迟试爆 |
[07:21] | The Colonel and I aren’t on the best of terms. | 我和上校的关系可没那么好 |
[07:25] | Ready to go. | 可以开始了 |
[07:27] | Look, at any given moment | 听着 每时每刻 |
[07:28] | there are 3,000 thunderstorms somewhere on the planet. | 地球上都下着三千场雷雨 |
[07:31] | No, no. This one is special. | 不不 这场雨不一样 |
[07:33] | Gulf air at 17,000 feet, two inversion layers– | 5200米的高空有热带气团 两个逆温层 |
[07:36] | They’re not going to call the game for rain. | 他们不会因为一场雨就叫停试爆 |
[07:40] | Let’s just hope it blows over. | 我们只能祈祷雨赶快停 |
[07:41] | It’ll blow radioactive fallout from Roswell to Socorro. | 放射性尘埃会从罗斯威尔吹到索科罗 |
[07:44] | I’m sympathetic. The Army isn’t. | 我对此表示同情 但军方不会 |
[07:45] | Either way, I take responsibility. | 总之负责任的都是我 |
[07:52] | Hey. Where you’ve been? | 你去哪了 |
[07:55] | You all right, pal? | 你没事吧 伙计 |
[07:56] | Yeah, I got a– | 没事 我 |
[07:58] | I got a flat tire on the way up. | 我来的路上轮胎爆了 |
[08:01] | I’m supposed to check the– | 我应该负责检查 |
[08:02] | the detonator circuits. | 雷管电路 |
[08:04] | I think they already took care of it. | 应该已经有人检查过了 |
[08:08] | So it’s– it’s happening? | 所以 要开始了 |
[08:10] | Right now? | 就现在 |
[08:12] | In the face of reason and safety precautions. | 完全不顾常理 不为安全考虑 |
[08:15] | Welcome to Jupiter. | 欢迎来到木星 |
[08:32] | From Oppenheimer. | 奥本海默给你的 |
[08:49] | You want a volunteer to climb a 100-foot steel lightning rod? | 你需要志愿者去爬30米高的避雷针 |
[08:53] | – Yes. – To babysit Shiva, the God of Death, | -对 -需要有人在这种雷雨天 |
[08:55] | in the middle of an electrical storm. | 去看护湿婆 毁灭之神 |
[08:56] | Well, maybe the Japs can spare a Kamikaze pilot. | 也许日本人愿意给你派位神风敢死队飞行员 |
[08:58] | – I want one guy. – I– I don’t have a man to spare. | -我只需要一个人 -我没有多余的人手 |
[09:01] | You don’t have a man to spare? | 你连一个多余的人都没有 |
[09:02] | What is it that you want? | 这就是你想要的 |
[09:03] | – This is a war. – I don’t care about one guy! | -这是战争 -我不在乎一条人命 |
[09:06] | – Right. – I’ll do it. | -好吧 -我来 |
[09:09] | No way. | 不行 |
[09:10] | If the Colonel wants to double-check the detonators, | 如果上校想再次检查核弹 |
[09:12] | he can do it himself. | 让他自己来 |
[09:13] | We’re concerned about the possibility of sabotage. | 我们是担心有人故意破坏 |
[09:15] | It’s just a precaution. | 只是安全起见 |
[09:17] | No wife, no kids. I’ll do it. | 我没结婚 没孩子 让我来 |
[09:20] | – I’ll do it. – No, you’re more valuable on the ground. | -我去 -不 我们这里更需要你 |
[09:23] | Jim, you don’t have to. | 吉姆 你不必如此 |
[09:25] | It’s okay. | 没关系的 |
[09:27] | It should be someone you trust. | 应该由你信任的人来做 |
[09:44] | Hey! Hey, you! | 你等下 |
[09:49] | The Boy Wonder said to give you this. | 神奇小子说把这个给你 |
[09:54] | Start the clock. | 开始计时 |
[09:57] | Zero minus 150 minutes. | 150分钟倒数开始 |
[10:00] | Begin the evacuation… | 开始撤离 |
[10:01] | By 0430 hours, | 到早上四点三十分 |
[10:03] | every tent including this one | 每一顶帐篷 包括这一顶 |
[10:05] | will be collapsed and loaded for transport | 将会被拆运上车 |
[10:08] | to the 10,000-meter perimeter. | 转移到一万米以外 |
[10:12] | And if anyone sees Dr. Frank Winter on the premises, | 如果有谁在这方圆一万米内看到法兰克博士 |
[10:16] | arrest him. | 逮捕他 |
[10:19] | If he resists, | 如果他拒捕 |
[10:20] | you have the authority to use all necessary force. | 你有权使用任何必要手段 |
[11:58] | Guys, in one hour, this site is a ghost town. | 伙计们 一小时后 这里将会成为鬼城 |
[12:01] | Anything you want to salvage, grab it now. | 如果你想保留什么东西 现在赶快收起来 |
[12:04] | It won’t be here come tomorrow. | 等到明天就什么都没了 |
[12:12] | Helen! | 海伦 |
[12:14] | Jesus! | 老天 |
[12:18] | What are you doing here? | 你来干什么 |
[12:20] | You think I’d miss Trinity? I got money on this thing. | 你觉得我会错过试爆吗 我可押了钱的 |
[12:24] | You’re not the only one who’s betting against me. | 不是只有你赌我不会成功 |
[12:26] | I took the over. 18 kilotons. | 我赌当量会超 18千吨 |
[12:32] | We’ll be lucky to hit 10. | 能到是一万吨就不错了 |
[12:36] | You and Frank built this bomb. | 你和法兰克造出了这原子弹 |
[12:37] | I have no doubts about how destructive it will be. | 我对它的杀伤力毫无怀疑 |
[12:41] | Your signature’s all over that mess of wires, too. | 那东西上也到处都有你的贡献 |
[13:15] | In case you set the atmosphere on fire tonight | 以防你今晚点燃了整个大气层 |
[13:17] | and this is good-bye– | 先跟你道别 |
[13:19] | – Helen. – No, I– | -海伦 -不 我 |
[13:22] | I don’t blame you… | 我不怪你 |
[13:26] | for choosing your family. | 选择回归家庭 |
[13:29] | Dr. Prins, come with us, please. | 普林斯博士 请跟我们走 |
[13:31] | She’s with me. | 她是我的人 |
[13:32] | She’s here on a stolen pass, sir. | 她用的是偷来的通行证 先生 |
[13:36] | We got her. | 找到她了 |
[13:47] | Patch me through! | 帮我接通 |
[13:52] | Hello? | 喂 |
[13:53] | Wake Joey up. Put him on the phone. | 把乔伊叫起来 让他接电话 |
[13:55] | Who– who is this? | 你 你是谁 |
[13:58] | Put my son on the phone, Miriam. | 让我儿子接电话 梅丽安 |
[14:01] | Charlie? | 查理 |
[14:04] | Joey’s not here, Charlie. | 乔伊不在这 查理 |
[14:05] | You’re bluffing the wrong guy. | 你不用蒙我 |
[14:08] | She didn’t give me a chance to say good-bye to him. | 她没给我跟他道别的机会 |
[14:10] | Your daughter tell you that? | 你女儿告诉过你这些吗 |
[14:11] | Charlie, is something wrong? | 查理 出什么事了吗 |
[14:15] | I think you better sleep it off, Chaz. | 你去睡一觉就好了 查理 |
[14:17] | So help me God. | 那就帮我一下 |
[14:19] | When it’s done, | 等一切结束 |
[14:20] | I’m coming East in a Goddamn B-29. | 我会坐B-29轰炸机回东部 |
[14:24] | And when I– | 等我 |
[14:27] | Max, just… | 麦克斯 你就 |
[14:31] | tell Joey that I– | 告诉乔伊我 |
[14:34] | Can you tell Joey I love him? | 你能帮我转告乔伊我爱他吗 |
[14:37] | Can you do that? | 你能帮我转告吗 |
[14:42] | Max? | 麦克斯 |
[15:29] | Jim? | 吉姆 |
[15:31] | Frank? | 法兰克 |
[15:33] | Frank. | 法兰克 |
[15:34] | You’re not– | 你不应该 |
[15:36] | you’re not supposed to be up here. | 你不应该出现在这 |
[15:37] | What are… | 你这是 |
[15:39] | I’d feel better if you pointed that thing | 我觉得你最好别把枪 |
[15:41] | away from the atomic bomb. | 对着原子弹 |
[15:47] | I called the house in Bangor, Jim. | 我给班戈市打过电话 吉姆 |
[15:50] | I talked to your mother. | 跟你母亲说过话 |
[15:57] | Why did you call my mother? | 你为什么打给我母亲 |
[16:00] | Well, if you have a hypothesis, | 如果你要验证假说 |
[16:01] | you check your assumptions, right? | 就得检查前提条件 对吧 |
[16:05] | I don’t want to hurt anybody. | 我不想伤害任何人 |
[16:09] | Well, you picked the wrong line of work. | 你做了错事 |
[16:11] | But I will. | 但我会矫正过来的 |
[16:12] | Jim, I’m not here to stop you. | 吉姆 我不是来阻止你的 |
[16:15] | I’m here to help you. | 我是来帮你的 |
[16:17] | Zero minus 90 minutes. | 倒数90分钟 |
[16:20] | – It’s the 90-minute rocket. – Who knows you’re here? | -是倒数90分钟的信号 -谁知道你在这 |
[16:23] | Do you really think they’d be running the clock | 你觉得如果有人知道我人在这里 |
[16:25] | if anyone knew I was standing up in this room? | 他们还会继续倒数吗 |
[16:27] | – What do you want, Frank? – The same as you. | -你想怎么样 法拉克 -跟你一样 |
[16:31] | I’ve been trying to put this thing | 这一年来我一直试着 |
[16:32] | back in the box for over a year. | 阻止这东西被制造出来 |
[16:34] | You remember the petition? | 你记得那次请愿吗 |
[16:36] | The faked intelligence on the German bomb? | 关于德国原子弹的假情报 |
[16:39] | I’m the one that blew the whistle. | 那次就是我发起的 |
[16:42] | That was– that was different. | 那跟这次不同 |
[16:44] | I sabotaged the pretest. | 试爆是被我破坏的 |
[16:46] | The pretest? The pretest was a fluke. | 试爆 试爆只是个意外 |
[16:48] | – One of the detonators… – Was mislabeled. | -其中一个雷管 -被标反了 |
[16:52] | Strand three, cap six. | 三号线第六根 |
[16:57] | Jesus. | 老天 |
[17:06] | You remember what you said to me the day we met? | 你记得我们第一次见面时你说的话吗 |
[17:11] | You wanted to switch majors, to medicine, right? | 你想换专业 去学医 对吧 |
[17:16] | Because you thought physics was just too abstract. | 因为你觉得物理太抽象了 |
[17:20] | You were going to leave the world better than you found it. | 你离世时的世界要比你出生时更美好 |
[17:24] | That’s what I’m doing. | 我现在就是在实现这个目标 |
[17:28] | Well, I can help. | 我可以帮你 |
[17:32] | It’s already done. | 已经差不多完成了 |
[17:35] | You sure you don’t want a second opinion? | 你确定不想让别人帮你参考一下吗 |
[17:37] | You climbed a hundred-foot tower to check my work? | 你爬了30米的塔就为了帮我检查 |
[17:41] | My guess is you, uh– | 我猜你 |
[17:43] | you rewired the firing system, right? | 你重新连接了点火系统 对吧 |
[17:45] | You botch the timing, you get a big bang, | 你修改了计时装置 到时会爆炸 |
[17:48] | but no chain reaction. | 但不会产生链式反应 |
[17:51] | The plutonium scattered, gone. | 钚会被炸散 飘走 |
[17:55] | That’s certainly how I would have done it. | 换我也会那么做 |
[17:58] | You reattach the trigger line? | 你重新连接了导火线吗 |
[18:00] | Of course. | 当然 |
[18:01] | And you used silver wire, not tungsten or nichrome? | 你用的是银线 不是钨或者镍铬合金 |
[18:04] | I took Intro to Thermal Physics… from you. | 我上过热力学基础 是你带的 |
[18:09] | And you grounded the capacitor bank, yes? | 然后你将电容组接地了 对吧 |
[18:14] | Because if you didn’t, | 因为如果你没接 |
[18:16] | a red light goes off in Charlie’s tent | 查理的帐篷中有个红灯会亮 |
[18:20] | and up come the geniuses. | 然后其他组员就会上来了 |
[18:24] | Well, uh, there’s no– | 根本没有 |
[18:28] | there’s no grounding strap. | 根本没有接地母线 |
[18:32] | We’re sitting on top of 100 feet of steel, Jim. | 我们在三十米高的钢上 吉姆 |
[18:36] | It’s frontier medicine. | 这是前沿医学 |
[18:39] | You learn to work with what you’ve got. | 得学会就地取材 |
[18:43] | Will you toss me a wrench? | 能递给我把扳手吗 |
[18:46] | Shit. | 该死 |
[18:56] | Thanks. | 谢了 |
[19:01] | Somehow this thing looked better on paper. | 这玩意画在纸上时可没这么复杂 |
[19:36] | What time is it? | 几点了 |
[19:37] | There’s a call at the switchboard. | 总机那边有电话 |
[19:38] | Your husband wants to speak with you. | 你丈夫打电话找你 |
[19:41] | Well, tell him that I will speak with him in the morning… | 告诉他我早上再打给他 |
[19:46] | if there is one. | 如果还有明天的话 |
[19:48] | – Yes, ma’am. – Good night. | -是 女士 -晚安 |
[20:40] | So how’d they sell you, the Russians? | 他们是怎么说动你的 那帮俄国人 |
[20:44] | Nobody sold me anything. | 没有人来游说我 |
[20:47] | It was too big for one country to sit on, | 这对一个国家来说太难承受了 |
[20:50] | even the good guys. | 即便是好人也一样 |
[20:53] | Is that what we are? | 我们算好人吗 |
[20:55] | You hear what Charlie told the Target Committee? | 你听说查理对目标委员会讲了什么吗 |
[20:58] | He said we should drop it on a city full of civilians, | 他说我们一样把它空投到全是平民的城市 |
[21:02] | maximize collateral damage. | 让附带伤害最大化 |
[21:06] | Someone has to stand up, | 得有人站出来 |
[21:09] | save the world from the guys who are saving the world. | 从世界救世主手中把世界拯救出来 |
[21:24] | Hello? | 喂 |
[21:26] | Hi, Charlie. Uh… | 查理 |
[21:28] | How are you doing up there? | 你在上面怎么样 |
[21:31] | I was just, uh, rechecking the firing system. | 我在检查点火装置 |
[21:35] | We’re clearing Site B in 30 minutes. | 我们30分钟后清空B营地 |
[21:37] | – You get to the lifeboats. – Copy that. | -你去救生艇那里 -收到 |
[21:39] | I’m leaving the tower in 30 minutes. | 我30分钟后离开发射塔 |
[21:40] | All right. | 好的 |
[21:46] | All personnel must clear the area in 30 minutes. | 所有人员须在30分钟内离开此区域 |
[21:49] | I repeat, | 重复一遍 |
[21:50] | all personnel must clear the area in 30 minutes. | 所有人员须在30分钟内离开此区域 |
[21:59] | Dr. Oppenheimer. | 奥本海默博士 |
[22:01] | I wasn’t supposed to be here, I know, | 我知道我不应该来这 |
[22:04] | but as a member of the original implosion team, | 但作为原内爆小组的一员 |
[22:06] | I thought– | 我想 |
[22:08] | We call it Little Boy, | 我们叫它小男孩 |
[22:10] | but it’s not a boy at all, is it? | 但它根本不是什么男孩 对吧 |
[22:12] | “Profligate, but ultimately dependable.” | 放荡 却值得信赖 |
[22:14] | that describes every woman I know. | 我认识的所有女人都是如此 |
[22:17] | Sir? | 先生 |
[22:18] | The components for the uranium bomb | 铀原子弹的原件 |
[22:20] | have been loaded onto the USS Indianapolis. | 已被装载上了印第安纳波利斯号巡洋舰 |
[22:24] | We’re going to use Little Boy? | 我们决定用小男孩 |
[22:27] | Without even testing it? | 没测试过也用吗 |
[22:28] | We know it will work, | 我们知道它会成功的 |
[22:30] | which is more than I can say for… | 我不能透漏更多 因为 |
[22:35] | for reasons of which you are well aware, | 个中缘由你也清楚 |
[22:37] | Frank Winter has been relieved of his post. | 法兰克·温特已被解职 |
[22:43] | You’re the new head of the group. | 你是新的小组组长 |
[22:48] | Thank you, s– | 谢谢你 先 |
[22:51] | Sir, I, uh– | 先生 我 |
[22:54] | I’ll return to the Hill the second the test is over. | 试爆一结束我就马上回镇上 |
[22:55] | No, you’re leaving for tinian island | 不 你马上去天宁岛 |
[22:58] | to prepare for delivery to the target. | 为空投原子弹做准备 |
[23:02] | Buy a slicker. It’s monsoon season. | 买件雨衣 那里是雨季 |
[23:17] | All personnel must clear from Site B | 所有工作人员须在早上4:30之前 |
[23:19] | by 0430 hours. | 撤离B营地 |
[23:21] | I repeat, | 重复一遍 |
[23:21] | all personnel must clear from Site B | 所有工作人员须在早上4:30之前 |
[23:23] | by 0430 hours. | 撤离B营地 |
[23:26] | Why don’t you go ahead and start down | 不如你先撤离 |
[23:27] | and I’ll finish everything up here? | 这里由我完成 |
[23:30] | There’s a car behind the munitions shed. | 在弹药库后面有辆车 |
[23:33] | Key’s in the ignition. | 钥匙插在点火器里 |
[23:35] | All right, I’ll meet you down there. | 好 我们在那里见 |
[23:40] | I’m not leaving. | 我不走 |
[23:43] | What? | 什么 |
[23:46] | It’ll be over in a thousandth of a second. | 千分之一秒内一切就将完结 |
[23:49] | Less. | 比那还短 |
[23:51] | I’m not scared. | 我不害怕 |
[24:07] | Why don’t you finish up? | 不如你快完成吧 |
[24:22] | I told the army | 我告诉过军方 |
[24:23] | setting off an atomic explosion | 将核爆试验安排在 |
[24:26] | in an exposed valley | 一处空旷的山谷 |
[24:28] | in a state where the weather changes every 10 minutes | 所处州的天气每十分钟就变换一次 |
[24:31] | is worse idea than the Bolshevik Revolution! | 这主意比布尔什维克革命还蠢 |
[24:39] | Now what the hell is that, huh? | 这又是什么鬼 |
[24:43] | Balloons one through eight, do you read? | 一到八排 能听到吗 |
[24:45] | It’s on every channel. | 每个频道都是这个 |
[24:47] | Maybe the storm picking up the signal | 也许因为暴风雨混进了 |
[24:48] | from an FM station or a practical joke. | 某个调频广播的信号 或者有人开玩笑 |
[24:52] | Not a funny one. No signal, no kaboom. | 但一点都不好笑 没信号就没法引爆 |
[24:55] | You tell your Colonel to stop the clock now! | 告诉你的上校停止倒数 |
[24:59] | Shit. | 该死 |
[25:05] | Go on and check the power on the I.S. You got it? | 去检查下信息系统的电源 明白吗 |
[25:07] | You’ve got 20 minutes to fix this! | 给你20分钟把问题解决 |
[25:09] | Then we restart the countdown with or without radios! | 到时不论无线电能不能用 一样开始倒数 |
[25:12] | Why don’t you worry about evacuating the blast zone? | 你安排好爆炸区的撤离工作就好 |
[25:14] | I’ll make the technical decisions. | 技术问题由我决定 |
[25:16] | Do we have a problem? | 你对我有意见吗 |
[25:17] | My wife, Jean Tatlock, take your pick. | 我妻子 珍·塔特洛克 你自己选 |
[25:20] | I’m still the commanding officer. | 我仍是这里的指挥官 |
[25:22] | I give the order. | 由我下命令 |
[25:23] | Yeah? Well, my letter should take care of that. | 是吗 我的信应该能改变那一切 |
[25:26] | What letter? | 什么信 |
[25:27] | The one I put in the mail to the Secretary of War. | 我给战争部长寄去的信 |
[25:29] | You think Stimson cares about a dead communist? | 你觉得斯汀森会在乎一个死了的共产党员 |
[25:32] | No. That’s why I sent him | 不会 所以我把你 |
[25:33] | your falsified German intelligence, | 伪造的德国情报寄给了他 |
[25:35] | the lies about Magpie that you sold to the President, | 你告诉总统的那一套麦格派的谎言 |
[25:38] | with Frank Winter’s math attached | 我还附上了法兰克·温特的公式 |
[25:39] | in case he’s curious about how you forged it. | 以防他想知道你是怎么伪造的 |
[25:43] | Enjoy the fireworks. | 等着看好戏吧 |
[25:56] | You got your wish. | 你的愿望成真的 |
[25:58] | Act of God. | 上帝的旨意 |
[26:00] | We can’t start the countdown again | 我们没法重新开始倒数 |
[26:01] | until they get the communication system back up. | 直到他们修好通讯系统 |
[26:04] | But maybe that will be enough time for the wind to calm down. | 但也许等修好时风也会停了 |
[26:06] | – How long will it take? – Who knows? | -他们多久能修好 -谁知道 |
[26:08] | They’ve got to radio for a radio expert, | 他们本可以无线电联络一位无线电专家 |
[26:10] | but since there is no radio… | 但现在无线电坏了 |
[26:14] | They should have invited Frank. | 他们要是请法兰克来就好了 |
[26:16] | What? | 什么 |
[26:17] | He got a job in a radio shop after the First War. | 一战后他在一家无线电商店工作 |
[26:21] | Once he wired up our chimney flue into a giant antenna | 他曾把我们的烟囱改造成超大的天线 |
[26:25] | so he could listen to a boxing match in Chicago. | 这样他就能收听一场芝加哥的拳击比赛 |
[26:33] | Liza… | 莱莎 |
[26:35] | I heard some things about frank. | 我听说了一些关于法兰克的事 |
[26:41] | You know the pretest? The explosives test? | 你知道试爆那次吧 |
[26:45] | I know that it failed. | 我知道试验失败了 |
[26:48] | They think that Frank was responsible. | 他们认为是法兰克的责任 |
[26:54] | Responsible? | 他的责任 |
[26:56] | He made it fail on purpose, they say. | 他们说他故意使试验失败 |
[27:02] | Fedowitz. Dr. Isaacs needs you. | 菲多维茨 艾萨克博士找你 |
[27:05] | You are listening to the Voice of America, | 您正在收听《美国之声》 |
[27:07] | broadcasting live from San Antonio. | 由圣安东尼奥为您发来直播 |
[27:10] | We’re picking up a radio signal from Texas? | 广播信号是从德克萨斯发出的 |
[27:14] | San antonio must be 600 miles from here. | 圣安东尼奥在一千公里之外 |
[27:17] | Must be one hell of an antenna. | 肯定需要个超大的天线 |
[27:18] | “Hell of an antenna.” You idiot. | 超大的天线 你个蠢货 |
[27:50] | Jesus. Dance music? | 老天 舞曲 |
[27:53] | I’m surprised they’re not playing John Philip Sousa. | 真没想到他们没放约翰·菲利普·苏萨的曲子 |
[27:59] | Do you ever think | 你有没有想过 |
[28:01] | what else we could have done if we put our minds to it? | 如果我们专注做一件事会有什么结果吗 |
[28:04] | We could invent flying cars, | 说不定我们能发明能飞的汽车 |
[28:07] | send a man to the Moon. | 送人类上月球 |
[28:14] | Jim, you’re a scientist, | 吉姆 你是位科学家 |
[28:16] | so think this through rationally. | 你得理性考虑下 |
[28:19] | Whoever it was that sent you on a suicide mission– | 不论是谁派你执行这个自杀任务 |
[28:22] | No, they sent me on a homicide mission. | 不 他们派我执行杀人任务 |
[28:24] | The plan– their plan was to blow the thing up | 计划 他们的计划是在所有人撤离前 |
[28:27] | before the staff evacuated, | 引爆炸弹 |
[28:29] | kill the whole brain trust. | 杀掉所有科学家 |
[28:31] | So you already saved lives today. | 那你今天已经拯救了很多人命 |
[28:34] | You changed the plan. | 你改变了计划 |
[28:37] | Change it again. | 那就再改一次 |
[28:37] | – Save yourself. – It’s too late for that. | -别牺牲自己 -现在太迟了 |
[28:40] | You’re a Soviet spy. | 你是苏联间谍 |
[28:42] | If you die up here sabotaging America’s superweapon, | 如果你破坏了美国的超级武器 死在了这里 |
[28:45] | they’re going to follow the bread crumbs. | 他们会顺藤摸瓜 |
[28:48] | And then what? | 然后呢 |
[28:54] | One bullet. | 一颗子弹 |
[28:58] | One bullet in Sarajevo. 17 million dead. | 萨拉热窝的一颗子弹 一千七百万条人命 |
[29:00] | That was the First World War. | 那是第一次世界大战 |
[29:03] | If you die in this room, Jim, | 如果你死在这屋里 吉姆 |
[29:05] | you won’t end the Second. | 二战不会因此终结 |
[29:07] | You will start the Rhird. | 你会引发第三次世界大战 |
[29:10] | We’ll invade Japan. | 我们会入侵日本 |
[29:11] | Not to fight the Japanese, | 不是为了抗击日本人 |
[29:12] | but to throw out the Russians. | 而是为了赶走俄国人 |
[29:15] | And from there, Korea, Manchuria, | 有那里开始 韩国 满洲 |
[29:17] | casualties in the hundred-million range, | 伤亡将会上亿 |
[29:20] | and it’ll drag on for years. | 而战争将持续数年 |
[29:23] | And by then both sides will have one of these. | 到那时敌对双方都将拥有原子弹 |
[29:26] | More than one. | 不止一枚 |
[29:28] | We cannot let anyone believe | 我们不能让大家认为 |
[29:30] | that a Soviet spy was responsible. | 这是苏联间谍做的 |
[29:35] | They’ll never believe that it was an accident. | 他们绝不会认为这只是意外 |
[29:41] | They have to think it was me. | 让他们认为是因为我 |
[30:06] | – Hello. – It’s a little late. | -你好 -现在有点晚了 |
[30:08] | Well, it’s not late. It’s early. | 不是晚 是出发早了 |
[30:11] | They call it a day pass for a reason, ma’am. | 他们叫这个白天通行证是有原因的 |
[30:14] | Either way, this one’s expired. | 不论怎样 这个已经过期了 |
[30:20] | Well, Colonel Darrow gave me permission | 达罗上校允许我 |
[30:22] | to attend services at the Loretto Chapel in Santa Fe | 只要我想朝圣 随时可以去 |
[30:24] | whenever I felt called to worship. | 圣达菲的拉瑞多教堂教堂做礼拜 |
[30:27] | Surely you have it written down somewhere. | 你肯定记在什么地方了 |
[30:35] | And would you mind giving this back to him when he returns? | 还有等他回来 你能帮我把这个还给他吗 |
[30:49] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[30:54] | I am the only story that doesn’t end in Truman and Stalin | 只有我才不会让杜鲁门和斯大林 |
[30:56] | strangling each other over a negotiating table. | 在谈判桌上整个你死我活 |
[30:59] | I’m no secret agent. | 我不是秘密特工 |
[31:00] | I’m just a shell-shocked old crank who had a change of heart. | 我只是个改变主意 六神无主的老头子 |
[31:03] | You don’t get it, okay? I can’t go back down there. | 你根本不明白 我不能下去 |
[31:06] | Oh, God, what are you punishing yourself for, Jim? | 老天 你为什么要惩罚自己 吉姆 |
[31:08] | Whatever mistakes you made, there is time to correct them. | 无论你做了什么错事 总有时间去改正 |
[31:10] | I don’t want more time. I don’t deserve it. | 我不需要更多时间 我不配 |
[31:13] | Why? Because you passed secrets to an ally? | 为什么 因为你向盟国泄露了机密 |
[31:15] | I don’t care what you did | 我不在乎你做过什么 |
[31:17] | or what you think you deserve. | 或是你认为自己应该是什么下场 |
[31:18] | You changed the plan tonight. | 你今晚改变了计划 |
[31:20] | You didn’t want to hurt anyone. | 你并不想伤害任何人 |
[31:21] | – That is a good thing. – Jeannie! | -那是好事 -金妮 |
[31:27] | Fritz’s wife. | 福瑞茨的妻子 |
[31:32] | She, | 她 |
[31:35] | she found out. | 她发现了 |
[31:48] | Where’s the 30-minute rocket? | 30分钟的信号呢 |
[31:51] | They stopped the countdown. | 他们停止了倒数 |
[31:56] | We have to answer that. | 我们得接电话 |
[31:57] | No, we can’t– I told them that I was leaving. | 不 不行 我告诉过他们我马上离开 |
[32:00] | They don’t know anyone’s up here. | 他们不知道还有人在这里 |
[32:01] | Do you think it’s the wrong number? | 你觉得是有人打错了吗 |
[32:03] | Someone knows. | 有人知道 |
[32:05] | First they call, and then they knock. | 他们先打电话 然后会直接上来找 |
[32:07] | Just tell them you had to recheck a connection. | 就说你得检查下电路连接 |
[32:11] | Someone has got to answer that phone, | 得有人去接这个电话 |
[32:13] | and you know it can’t be me. | 你知道那个人不能是我 |
[32:35] | Hello, Frank? | 喂 法兰克 |
[32:45] | What? | 怎么了 |
[32:53] | Hello? Hello? | 喂 喂 |
[32:55] | Hello? | 喂 |
[32:59] | Frank. | 法兰克 |
[33:01] | Liza? | 莱莎 |
[33:05] | – What are you doing there? – How did you– | -你在那干什么 -你怎么 |
[33:07] | Did you short out the radios? What… | 是你让无线电瘫痪的吗 什么 |
[33:12] | Look, who else knows that I’m up here? | 还有谁知道我在这里 |
[33:15] | No one. | 没别人 |
[33:19] | Frank… | 法兰克 |
[33:22] | they’re saying that you sabotaged the test. | 他们说是你破坏了试爆 |
[33:24] | They’re saying that you sabotaged the explosives. | 他们说是你破坏了炸药 |
[33:26] | I– you’re going to get yourself shot. | 我 你会让自己被枪毙的 |
[33:34] | Nobody’s going to shoot anyone. | 不会有人被枪杀的 |
[33:36] | Come down. | 下来吧 |
[33:39] | Listen. | 听着 |
[33:42] | Listen, I need– I need you… | 听着 我需要 我需要你 |
[33:45] | to do something for me, all right? | 为我做点事 好吗 |
[33:48] | The next car you see, | 只要你看到一辆车 |
[33:51] | I want you to get in it | 就马上上去 |
[33:52] | and I want you to get out of the blast radius. | 然后开出爆炸半径 |
[33:57] | I’m not leaving till you’re down. | 等你下来的我才走 |
[33:58] | Liza– Liza, listen. | 莱莎 莱莎 听着 |
[34:00] | Don’t send up the cavalry. | 别派士兵上来 |
[34:03] | The cavalry will shoot you, Frank. | 士兵会枪杀你 法兰克 |
[34:07] | Look, I’ve made a lot of mistakes. | 我犯过很多错 |
[34:11] | I’m trying to unmake one tonight. | 我想今晚纠正其中一个 |
[34:15] | I don’t know if you’re still my wife, | 我不知道你现在还是不是我妻子 |
[34:16] | but, God, I’m still your husband | 但我仍是你丈夫 |
[34:20] | and I love you. | 我爱你 |
[34:24] | So just promise me– | 所以想我保证 |
[34:27] | promise me you’ll leave now. | 保证你马上就离开 |
[34:31] | I’ll find my way. | 我会自己想办法的 |
[34:35] | Frank? | 法兰克 |
[34:40] | Frank? | 法兰克 |
[34:41] | Testing, testing. | 测试 测试 |
[34:43] | Testing! Testing. | 测试 测试 |
[34:46] | Testing! Testing. | 测试 测试 |
[34:49] | – Testing. – Okay, this is it. | -测试 -好了 就这样吧 |
[34:55] | That’s it. | 就这样 |
[34:56] | Channel 18 is clear. | 18频道修好了 |
[35:01] | Evacuate to Site C, | 撤离到C营地 |
[35:03] | zero minus 32 minutes. | 倒数32分钟 |
[35:07] | – Let’s go. – We’re good. | -我们走 -没事了 |
[35:08] | – 32. – Okay, well, take care, man. | -32 -好了 保重伙计 |
[35:13] | Zero minus 30 minutes. | 倒数30分钟 |
[35:17] | See? There– there’s the 30-minute rocket. | 看到没 那是30分钟的信号 |
[35:20] | They restarted the clock. | 他们重新开始倒数了 |
[35:25] | You said that no one knew you were up here. | 你说过没人知道你在这 |
[35:29] | You were never going to go through with it, were you, Frank? | 你根本不会跟它同归于尽 对吧法兰克 |
[35:32] | You’re a son of a bitch, but you’d never do that to Liza. | 你是个混蛋 但你不会那样对莱莎 |
[35:39] | What are you really doing up here, Frank? | 你上来到底是要干什么 法兰克 |
[35:44] | Answer me! | 回答我 |
[36:01] | Tropical storm in the desert. | 沙漠里的热带风暴 |
[36:03] | Jazz on the shortwave. | 短波上播放的爵士音乐 |
[36:05] | Maybe the universe is trying to tell us something. | 也许宇宙想向我们传达什么讯息 |
[36:07] | Maybe you should listen. | 也许你应该听从 |
[36:09] | Maybe you should stop the countdown. | 也许你应该停止倒数 |
[36:12] | You hear about your husband? | 你听说你丈夫的事了吗 |
[36:14] | Blew up the pretest, then swooped in to fix it. | 搞砸了试爆 然后又跑来修好 |
[36:16] | – That’s a new one. – It’s not too late. | -那个是新招数 -现在还为时不晚 |
[36:19] | We’ve come this far. | 我们已经走到了这里 |
[36:21] | If we don’t finish the job, it was all for nothing. | 要是不完成这工作 努力就全白费了 |
[36:23] | That’s what Frank used to say. | 那是法兰克常说的话 |
[36:25] | He tried to bury Little Boy, too. | 他也试着要毁掉小男孩 |
[36:27] | Raided the budget to pay for your research. | 把预算全用在了你的研究上 |
[36:33] | Ladies first. | 女士优先 |
[36:38] | Frank– | 法兰克 |
[36:38] | All personnel must leave the area immediately. | 所有工作人员马上撤离本区域 |
[36:41] | All personnel must leave the area immediately. | 所有工作人员马上撤离本区域 |
[36:48] | All personnel must evacuate Site B immediately. | 所有工作人员马上撤离B营地 |
[36:52] | I repeat, all personnel must evacuate site b immediately. | 重复一遍 所有工作人员马上撤离B营地 |
[36:59] | Fritz! Frank’s in the tower. | 福瑞茨 法兰克在塔上 |
[37:02] | What do you mean? What tower? | 你什么意思 什么塔 |
[37:03] | The “tower” tower? How do you know? | 发射塔那个塔吗 你怎么知道的 |
[37:05] | I spoke to him on the phone. | 我跟他通过电话 |
[37:07] | – You have to radio it in. – No, Fritz. | -你得用无线电报告 -不 福瑞茨 |
[37:10] | You know what they think he is. | 你知道他们是怎么想他的 |
[37:14] | Well, is he? | 他真是那样吗 |
[37:15] | Let’s go, get on board! | 我们走 快上车 |
[37:18] | I don’t honestly know. | 说实话我不知道 |
[37:22] | But I know the Army will shoot him. | 但我知道军方会枪决他 |
[37:26] | Jim was up in the Crow’s nest– Meeks. | 吉姆之前在塔上 米克斯 |
[37:28] | If Frank was there, he would have seen him. | 如果法兰克在那 他可能见过他 |
[37:30] | – I’ll take care of it. – Meeks? | -由我来解决 -米克斯 |
[37:32] | I’ll take care of it. Give me that radio. Now! | 我会解决 把那个对讲机给我 快 |
[37:38] | J.M., confirm your location. | JM 告诉我你的方位 |
[37:42] | J.M., do you copy? | JM 听到了吗 |
[37:44] | Jim! | 吉姆 |
[37:45] | All vehicles are leaving Site B immediately. | 所有车辆马上离开B营地 |
[37:48] | Get to your assigned vehicles immediately. | 马上去你被分派的车辆 |
[37:52] | What the hell is this? | 这是怎么回事 |
[37:55] | What did you do? | 你做了什么 |
[37:59] | I hijacked the radios. | 我截断了无线电 |
[38:00] | To what? To send out a distress call? | 为什么 为了呼救吗 |
[38:04] | – S.O.S.? – No. | -发送求救信号 -不 |
[38:05] | Then what? Huh? What? | 那是为什么 为什么 |
[38:08] | You’re going to filibuster? | 你想阻挠试验进程吗 |
[38:09] | You’re going to stall for time? | 你想拖延时间吗 |
[38:10] | I thought if I stopped the clock, I could– | 我以为如果我可以让倒数停止 我可以 |
[38:13] | I could talk you down. | 我可以说服你放弃 |
[38:15] | Oh, and then you could rewire the detonators? | 然后你就重接炸弹的电路 |
[38:22] | God, after everything, | 老天 经历过一切后 |
[38:24] | you are just like the rest of them. | 你就跟其他人一样 |
[38:27] | You want the Army to drop it. | 你想让军方空投它 |
[38:29] | Trust me, jim, the Army doesn’t give a shit what I want. | 相信我吉姆 军方才不在乎我怎么想 |
[38:33] | They’re going to drop this thing either way. | 不论什么结果他们一样会空投它 |
[38:35] | Not if it doesn’t work, they won’t. | 但如果它不成功 他们就不会 |
[38:37] | There’s another one where this came from! | 还有一个这炸弹的原型 |
[38:45] | Little Boy is already headed across the Pacific | 小男孩已经在印第安纳波利斯号巡洋舰上 |
[38:48] | on the USS Indianapolis. | 开始横跨太平洋 |
[38:52] | The ship has sailed, Jim. | 军舰已经启航了 吉姆 |
[38:56] | Literally. | 真的 |
[39:21] | No, that’s– | 不 那是 |
[39:23] | They haven’t even tested Little Boy. | 他们根本没测试过小男孩 |
[39:26] | – How can they be– – They don’t need to test it. | -他们怎么能 -他们不需要测试它 |
[39:27] | It’s a simple machine. | 这只是个简单机器 |
[39:30] | All of this, it’s just– | 这一切 这只是 |
[39:32] | it’s just legwork, Jim. | 这只是体力活 吉姆 |
[39:35] | Somewhere along the line, | 在某个时间点上 |
[39:36] | someone set off a chain reaction. | 有人引发了链式反应 |
[39:40] | I don’t know, maybe it was me | 我说不好 也许是我 |
[39:42] | the day I knocked on Einstein’s door. | 敲响爱因斯坦家门的时候 |
[39:44] | But it’s snowballing, exponential, | 但这一切像滚雪球一样 指数般膨胀 |
[39:47] | and nothing you or I do tonight is going to stop it. | 不论今晚你我做什么 都无法阻止这一切 |
[39:52] | Maybe you can live with it. | 也许你能背负这些活下去 |
[39:56] | I betrayed my country, | 我背叛了我的祖国 |
[39:58] | my friends. | 我的朋友 |
[40:00] | And I betrayed Sid Liao… | 而我背叛了希德·廖 |
[40:04] | for the sake of this– | 就为了这个 |
[40:07] | this thing I don’t even believe in anymore. | 这个我根本不再相信的东西 |
[40:13] | Maybe you knew that already. | 也许你早就知道了 |
[40:17] | Sid. | 希德 |
[40:21] | That’s exactly what brought you here, isn’t it? | 你就是因为他走到了这一步 对吧 |
[40:26] | All of this– it was for him. | 所有这一切 就是为了他 |
[40:38] | God, I keep rationalizing all the lesser evils, | 老天 我一直为各种小恶找借口 |
[40:43] | hoping they’ll add up to a greater good. | 只希望能为全人类带来好处 |
[40:47] | But it’s just– | 但那只是 |
[40:50] | it’s just bad math. | 那只是我估算错误 |
[40:54] | There’s always some variable you didn’t account for. | 总有些变量你没法控制 |
[41:00] | So I’m through. | 所以我受够了 |
[41:04] | I’m through trying to predict the future. | 我不再试着预测未来 |
[41:07] | I don’t know if the world’s better off if the test fails, | 我不知道如果这实验失败 世界是否更美好 |
[41:11] | but I do know that if you sabotage it, your life is over. | 但我知道如果你破坏了它 你就死定了 |
[41:14] | And whatever it is you have done– | 不论你做过什么 |
[41:16] | My life is already over. | 我这辈子已经完结了 |
[41:18] | No. No, that’s the thing, Jim. | 不 不 那就是我要说的 吉姆 |
[41:22] | There is a way out. | 你有活路 |
[41:25] | You’re going to cooperate with the government. | 你要跟政府合作 |
[41:31] | What– what the hell is going on? | 这到底是怎么回事 |
[41:34] | Fritz? | 福瑞茨 |
[41:36] | You’re supposed to be in one of the bunkers. | 你本应该去防空洞里躲着 |
[41:38] | Yeah! We all are! | 对 我们都是 |
[41:41] | Jesus! | 老天 |
[41:43] | Frank, what are you doing up here? | 法兰克 你在这里干什么 |
[41:49] | I rewired the detonators… | 我改变了炸弹的线路 |
[41:53] | so the test would fail. | 想让测试失败 |
[41:56] | Somebody had to save the world | 得有人从救世主手里 |
[41:57] | from the guys who were saving the world. | 拯救这个世界 |
[42:01] | Jesus Christ, Frank. | 我的天 法兰克 |
[42:03] | I’m not even saying that you’re wrong, | 我就不提你是对是错 |
[42:04] | but if the Gadget doesn’t kill you, the Army will. | 但即便小玩意没杀死你 军方也会的 |
[42:10] | That’s what Jim said. | 吉姆也这么说 |
[42:13] | He’s been trying to talk me down for the last three hours. | 之前三个小时他一直在劝我放弃 |
[42:17] | He just didn’t have the heart to shoot me. | 他只是没法狠下心杀了我 |
[42:21] | Frank. | 法兰克 |
[42:22] | You were– you were right, jim. | 你 你是对的 吉姆 |
[42:29] | I have too much to live for. | 还有很多值得我活下去的东西 |
[42:34] | Look, we got to get out of here! | 我们得离开这里 |
[42:36] | We got to get out of the blast zone. | 我们得离开爆炸区域 |
[42:37] | Come on! I mean, did you fix the Gadget or what? | 快啊 你修好小玩意了没 |
[42:43] | Come on. | 来吧 |
[42:46] | Six hands are better than two. | 三双手比一上手强 |
[42:48] | Oh, my God. Are you serious? | 老天 你说真的 |
[42:50] | Next time, maybe leave yourself a 30-minute buffer. | 下次记得给自己留个半小时缓冲时间 |
[42:59] | Put that gun back in your bandolier. | 把枪收回枪套里吧 |
[43:01] | You’re not going to need it. | 你用不着它了 |
[43:32] | Zero minus eight minutes. | 倒数八分钟 |
[43:36] | Of course, here. There you are, sir. | 好的没问题 给你 长官 |
[43:39] | You’ve got to take it. | 你得收下它 |
[43:40] | Sir. | 先生 |
[43:42] | Ambulances are standing by | 救护车已经在阿尔伯克基的 |
[43:43] | at their preset locations in Albuquerque. | 试爆地点准备就位 |
[43:45] | Let’s hope they get to play pinochle all night. | 希望今晚没有用得到他们的时候 |
[43:48] | Miss? | 女士 |
[43:50] | Has Louis Fedowitz radioed in? Fritz? | 路易斯·菲多维茨联系过这里吗 福瑞茨 |
[44:29] | Thank you, Juanita. | 谢谢你 胡安妮塔 |
[45:02] | This is L.F. | 我是LF |
[45:04] | Point Z. All clear. | Z点 已安全 |
[45:14] | Give us this day… | 今日赐给我们 |
[45:15] | Zero minus five minutes. | 倒数五分钟 |
[45:17] | And forgive us our trespasses | 求你宽恕我们的罪过 |
[45:19] | as we forgive those who trespass against us; | 如同我们宽恕别人一样 |
[45:22] | and lead us not into temptation, | 不要让我们陷于诱惑 |
[45:25] | but deliver us from evil. | 但救我们免于凶恶 |
[45:47] | All right, everyone stay low to the ground. | 好了 所有人伏低到地面 |
[45:49] | Face away from the Gadget. | 面向小玩意反方向 |
[45:56] | What’s that noise? | 那是什么声音 |
[45:57] | It’s frogs. | 是青蛙 |
[46:01] | They come out after the rain. | 它们在雨后来到了地表 |
[46:03] | Zero minus four minutes. | 倒数四分钟 |
[46:08] | I guess even the weather wanted this thing to happen tonight. | 看来今晚连天公都作美啊 |
[46:22] | Zero minus three minutes. | 倒数三分钟 |
[46:24] | If that gauge flickers, you hit the switch. | 如果那个表开始闪 你就关掉开关 |
[46:26] | You hear me? You kill it. | 听到了没 你关掉它 |
[46:27] | You don’t ask. You kill. | 什么都别问 直接关掉 |
[47:06] | Zero minus two minutes, 30 seconds. | 倒数2分钟30秒 |
[47:09] | Jim. | 吉姆 |
[47:11] | What are we going to do? | 我们该怎么办 |
[47:13] | – What? – What? Up in the tower. | -什么 -什么 在发射塔上 |
[47:15] | Frank. That wasn’t him playing Tarzan. | 法兰克 他那可不是充英雄 |
[47:18] | That was treason. | 那是叛国 |
[47:21] | I don’t know what you’re thinking. | 我不知道你怎么想 |
[47:22] | I know this isn’t my decision alone, | 我知道这不由我自己做决定 |
[47:23] | but I do not think that we should tell anyone. | 但我觉得我们不应该告诉别人 |
[47:26] | I mean, he was just trying to do the right thing, | 我是说 他只是想做正确的事 |
[47:29] | Whatever that is anymore. | 不论那具体指什么 |
[47:31] | I mean, I don’t like lying any better than you do, | 我是说我跟你一样不喜欢撒谎 |
[47:34] | but I just– I don’t see what the point would be | 但我只是 我不认为让他老死狱中 |
[47:36] | in letting him rot in a jail cell. | 到底有什么好处 |
[47:38] | Zero minus 90 seconds. | 倒数90秒 |
[47:45] | It was me. | 是我 |
[47:51] | What? | 什么 |
[47:54] | It wasn’t Frank. It was me. | 不是法兰克 是我 |
[48:00] | I gave the bomb to the Soviet Union. | 我把原子弹机密泄露给了苏联 |
[48:03] | I thought– | 我以为 |
[48:05] | I thought the world would be better… | 我以为这世界会变得更好 |
[48:08] | After Sid. | 在希德去世后 |
[48:12] | Oh, Jim. | 吉姆 |
[48:14] | – I thought I could… – Oh, boy. | -我以为我可以 -老天 |
[48:16] | Control the variables. | 控制所有变数 |
[48:18] | Zero minus 60 seconds. | 倒数60秒 |
[48:20] | It just– it just got away from me. | 只是 只是事情发展超出我控制 |
[48:23] | But if I could take it back, | 但如果我能从头再来 |
[48:27] | I swear to God– | 我向上帝发誓 |
[48:29] | I’m sorry, Fritz. | 我很抱歉 福瑞茨 |
[48:31] | I never wanted anyone to get hurt. | 我从没想要伤害任何人 |
[48:36] | Wait, who got hurt? | 等下 谁被害了 |
[48:44] | Jeannie. | 金妮 |
[48:53] | Wait, wait. Jeannie? | 等下 金妮 |
[48:55] | What are you– | 什么意思 |
[48:56] | Zero minus 30 seconds. | 倒数30秒 |
[48:58] | What do you mean, “Jeannie”? | 你说金妮是什么意思 |
[49:00] | What do you– | 你做了什么 |
[49:01] | I’m sorry. | 我很抱歉 |
[49:04] | I’m so sorry, Fritz. | 我很抱歉 福瑞茨 |
[49:05] | It’s just that– | 那只是 |
[49:06] | – No. – I’m sorry. | -不 -我很抱歉 |
[49:08] | – No. – She was going to tell everyone. | -不 -她打算告诉大家 |
[49:22] | Jim? | 吉姆 |
[49:24] | Zero minus 30 seconds. | 倒数三十秒 |
[49:26] | He deserved the truth. | 他应该知道真相 |
[49:50] | See you on Jupiter? | 我们木星上见 |
[50:33] | It worked. | 成功了 |