英文名称:Marriage Story
年代:2019
推荐:千部英美剧台词本阅读
时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:22] | What I love about Nicole… | 我之所以爱妮可… |
[00:24] | she makes people feel comfortable about even embarrassing things. | 即便是令人尴尬的事 她也能让大家感到自在 |
[00:29] | Hey, you look like you care about animals. | 你看上去很关爱动物 |
[00:31] | Yes, I do. | 是的 |
[00:32] | She really listens when someone is talking. | 当别人诉说时 她总能认真倾听 |
[00:33] | – Do you want to sign up here? – You know what? I… | -愿意登记一下吗 -其实我… |
[00:36] | It’s funny, I actually signed up for this | 真巧 我登记过了 |
[00:38] | but I never heard from you guys. | 但我从没有收到过回复 |
[00:39] | Sometimes she listens too much for too long. | 有时她会因此花费太多的时间 |
[00:42] | Okay, if you email me here… | 好吧 如果你给我发电邮… |
[00:43] | Thank you so much. Have a good day. Good luck. | 非常感谢 祝你今天愉快 祝好运 |
[00:46] | She’s a good citizen. | 她是个好市民 |
[00:48] | – Just call him. – I’m not calling. | -打给他就好 -我不打 |
[00:50] | She always knows the right thing to do | 当遇到棘手的家庭琐事时 |
[00:51] | when it comes to difficult family shit. | 她总能知道该如何处理 |
[00:54] | Call him. | 打给他 |
[00:58] | I get stuck in my ways, | 当我犹豫不决时 |
[01:00] | and she knows when to push me and when to leave me alone. | 她知道何时该推我一把 何时该让我一个人静静 |
[01:07] | She cuts all our hair. | 我们的头发都是她剪 |
[01:20] | She’s always inexplicably | 她总是莫名其妙地 |
[01:22] | brewing a cup of tea that she doesn’t drink. | 泡一杯茶 却不喝 |
[01:29] | And it’s not easy for her to put away a sock, or close a cabinet, | 对她来说 把袜子收好 或关上柜门 或洗碗 |
[01:32] | or do a dish, but she tries for me. | 都不容易 但她会为了我努力去做 |
[01:36] | Nicole grew up in LA around actors, | 妮可在洛杉矶长大 身边都是演员 |
[01:38] | and directors, and movies, and TV, | 导演 电影和电视 |
[01:41] | and is very close to her mother, Sandra, | 她和她的母亲桑德拉 |
[01:43] | and Cassie, her sister. | 以及她姐姐凯茜感情很好 |
[01:46] | Note the wrapping. | 仔细看看包装 |
[02:00] | Nicole gives great presents. | 妮可很会挑选礼物 |
[02:07] | She is a mother who plays, really plays. | 她作为母亲 会用心地陪孩子玩耍 |
[02:09] | – Lizard? – Yeah. | -蜥蜴吗 -是的 |
[02:11] | She never steps off playing or says it’s too much. | 她从不厌烦 或对孩子说玩过头了 |
[02:15] | – Mom. – And it must be too much some of the time. | -妈妈 -有时候肯定是玩过头了 |
[02:20] | “…chopped down a Christmas tree…” | “砍下了一颗圣诞树…” |
[02:22] | All right. | 好吧 |
[02:24] | Nice. Two, three, four… What? | 很好 二 三 四 什么 |
[02:27] | Are you kidding me? I was just in jail! | 这是在逗我吗 我刚坐过牢 |
[02:29] | Goddamn it! | 该死的 |
[02:30] | – Do not laugh at me! Stop it! – She’s competitive. | -别笑话我 别笑了 -她争强好胜 |
[02:34] | She’s amazing at opening jars because of her strong arms, | 她胳膊很有力 很会开罐头 |
[02:38] | which I’ve always found very sexy. | 我觉得她这一点很性感 |
本电影台词包含不重复单词:1920个。 其中的生词包含:四级词汇:346个,六级词汇:198个,GRE词汇:194个,托福词汇:276个,考研词汇:383个,专四词汇:328个,专八词汇:61个, 所有生词标注共:668个。 定制生词标注的台词本和单词统计,请访问生词标注台词本 | ||
[02:40] | She keeps the fridge over-full. | 她总是把冰箱塞得满满的 |
[02:42] | No one is ever hungry in our house. | 不会饿着家里任何一个人 |
[02:45] | She can drive a stick. | 她会开手动挡 |
[02:50] | How could you? | 你怎么能这样 |
[02:51] | After that movie, All Over The Girl, | 出演了那部叫《情迷少女》的电影后 |
[02:53] | she could have stayed in LA and been a movie star, | 她本可以留在洛杉矶成为一名电影明星 |
[02:55] | but she gave that up to do theater with me in New York. | 但她放弃了这个机会 跟我到纽约去演戏剧 |
[02:59] | You might as well get what you paid for. | 别让你花了冤枉钱 |
[03:02] | She’s brave. | 她很勇敢 |
[03:06] | She’s a great dancer. | 舞技超群 |
[03:07] | Infectious. She makes me wish I could dance. | 很有感染力 她让我也希望自己会跳舞 |
[03:11] | She always says when she doesn’t know something, | 当她不知道什么事 或是没有看过某本书 |
[03:13] | or hasn’t read a book, or seen a film or a play, | 某部电影或某部剧时 她都直言不讳 |
[03:16] | whereas I fake it or say something | 而我却会信口开河 |
[03:17] | like I haven’t seen it in awhile. | 或是假装自己有一段时间没看了 |
[03:22] | My crazy ideas are her favorite things | 她最喜欢把我的疯狂想法 |
[03:24] | to figure out how to execute. | 付诸实践 |
[03:31] | Let’s try it… | 我们来试试… |
[03:35] | crawling… | 爬行 |
[03:38] | but also standing. | 但同时又站着 |
[03:41] | She’s my favorite actress. | 她是我最喜欢的女演员 |
[03:45] | What I love about Charlie… | 我之所以爱查理… |
[03:47] | Charlie is undaunted. | 查理无所畏惧 |
[03:51] | He never lets other people’s opinions or any setbacks | 他从不会因为别人的观点或任何挫折 |
[03:54] | keep him from what he wants to do. | 而放弃自己想做的事 |
[03:57] | And he liked me, so… | 他喜欢我 所以… |
[03:59] | Charlie eats like he’s trying to get it over with | 查理吃东西时总是速战速决 |
[04:02] | and like there won’t be enough food for everyone. | 就像有人跟他抢似的 |
[04:04] | A sandwich is to be strangled while devoured. | 吃三明治时总是狼吞虎咽 |
[04:08] | Is your sweater on backwards? | 你的毛衣是不是穿反了 |
[04:10] | But he’s incredibly neat, | 但他极其注意整洁 |
[04:11] | and I rely on him to keep things in order. | 我要靠他才能让一切井井有条 |
[04:16] | So… | 那… |
[04:18] | He’s energy-conscious. | 他很有节能意识 |
[04:24] | Sorry. | 抱歉 |
[04:25] | He doesn’t look in the mirror too often. | 他不经常照镜子 |
[04:27] | I cried four times. | 我哭了四次 |
[04:29] | Me too. | 我也是 |
[04:30] | He cries easily in movies. | 他看电影时很容易落泪 |
[04:32] | I wonder if it was the same four. | 不知道我们哭的是不是同一个地方 |
[04:34] | He’s very self-sufficient. He can darn a sock, | 他非常自立 他会补袜子 |
[04:37] | and cook himself dinner, and iron a shirt. | 给自己做晚饭 烫衬衣 |
[04:41] | How are we doing over here? | 你弄得怎么样了 |
[04:43] | The peppers are cut. | 甜椒切好了 |
[04:44] | He rarely gets defeated, which… | 他很少会有挫败感 |
[04:47] | I feel like I always do. | 而我却经常有 |
[04:48] | I’ve got some carrots. | 我这还有几根胡萝卜 |
[04:51] | Charlie takes all of my moods steadily. | 查理从容地接纳我所有情绪 |
[04:53] | He doesn’t give in to them or make me feel bad about them. | 他不会被我的这些情绪影响 或让我因此难堪 |
[04:57] | He’s a great dresser. | 他很会穿搭 |
[04:58] | He never looks embarrassing, which is hard for a man. | 他从不会打扮不得体 男人很难做到这一点 |
[05:02] | Goddamn it, Charlie, get it together! | 该死的 查理 振作起来 |
[05:04] | He’s very competitive. | 他非常争强好胜 |
[05:06] | Come on! | 不是吧 |
[05:08] | – What’s this? Who owns Baltic Avenue? – Me. | -这是什么 波罗的海大道是谁的 -我的 |
[05:10] | How much is it? | 多少钱 |
[05:11] | – I don’t have enough. – $450. | -我的钱不够了 -四百五 |
[05:13] | Okay, so I’m done? I’m done, right? That’s it? | 好吧 那我破产了 对吗 游戏结束了 |
[05:17] | This is so frustrating! | 太不爽了 |
[05:19] | This is so frustrating. I always lose. | 太不爽了 总是我输 |
[05:23] | – Dad. – He loves being a dad. | -爸爸 -他很喜欢当爸爸 |
[05:24] | He loves all the things you’re supposed to hate, | 他喜欢一切本应遭人讨厌的事情 |
[05:26] | like the tantrums, the waking up at night. | 例如孩子耍性子或半夜醒来 |
[05:30] | I had a bad dream. | 我做了个噩梦 |
[05:34] | It’s okay. | 没关系 |
[05:39] | It’s almost annoying how much he likes it, | 他如此热衷于这些事 几乎都让人生厌了 |
[05:41] | but… then, it’s mostly nice. | 但是 大多数情况还是挺好的 |
[05:43] | Dad, stay. | 爸爸 别走 |
[06:14] | He disappears into his own world. | 他总是沉浸在自己的世界里 |
[06:17] | Shit. | 见鬼 |
[06:18] | – What’s “shit?” – This is our stop. | -什么是”见鬼” -我们到站了 |
[06:20] | He and Henry are alike in that way. | 他和亨利这点很像 |
[06:24] | He can tell people when they have food | 有人牙齿上或脸上沾了食物 |
[06:26] | in their teeth or on their face | 他都会以一种 |
[06:28] | in a way that doesn’t make them feel bad. | 不会让人难堪的方式指出 |
[06:31] | Are you good? | 好了吗 |
[06:31] | Perfect. | 好了 |
[06:32] | Charlie is self-made. | 查理白手起家 |
[06:34] | His parents… | 他的父母… |
[06:36] | I only met them once, but… | 我只见过一次 但是… |
[06:38] | he told me there was a lot of alcohol | 他告诉我他小时候 |
[06:40] | and some violence in his childhood. | 父母经常酗酒 有时还很暴力 |
[06:43] | As soon as she comes with a lookout, | 她一出来望风 |
[06:45] | they’re coming with a camcorder. | 他们就拿摄像机跟上 |
[06:46] | Camcorder. Is that what they’re called? | 摄像机 是这么叫的吧 |
[06:47] | He moved to New York from Indiana with no safety net, | 他没给自己留退路就从印第安纳州搬到了纽约 |
[06:51] | and now he’s more New Yorker than any New Yorker. | 现在他比任何纽约人都更像纽约人 |
[06:53] | – I made sure they used the right almond milk. – Genius. | -我确保他们用了对的杏仁奶 -有才 |
[06:55] | He’s brilliant at creating family out of whoever is around. | 无论跟谁在一起 他都很擅长营造家的氛围 |
[07:01] | With the theater company, he cast a spell | 在剧团里 他就像施了魔咒一般 |
[07:03] | that made everyone feel included. | 让所有人都很有归属感 |
[07:06] | No one, not even an intern, was unimportant. | 所有人都同等重要 哪怕是实习生也一样 |
[07:08] | He could remember all the inside jokes. | 他能记住所有圈内笑话 |
[07:10] | And where do you go when it’s windy? | 刮风天你会去哪 |
[07:13] | Oh, yeah, that… that was funny. | 好吧 很好笑 |
[07:19] | He’s extremely organized and thorough. | 他做事非常有条理 极其细致 |
[07:23] | He’s very clear about what he wants, | 他非常清楚自己想要什么 |
[07:25] | unlike me, who can’t always tell. | 不像我 有时会搞不清楚 |
[07:28] | Let’s stop right there. | 先停一下 |
[07:42] | 他非常争强好胜 他很喜欢当爸爸… | |
[07:50] | Who wants to start? | 谁先来 |
[07:59] | I-I’m not going to read this out loud. | 我不会把它念出来的 |
[08:03] | Why is that? | 为什么 |
[08:05] | Because I don’t like what I wrote. | 因为我不喜欢我写的东西 |
[08:08] | As we mediate your separation | 当我们调解你们的分居 |
[08:11] | and eventual divorce, | 以及最后的离婚时 |
[08:14] | things can get quite contentious. | 事情会变得相当有争议 |
[08:17] | So, I like to begin with a note of positivity, | 所以 我希望先从回忆对方好的一面开始 |
[08:21] | for the people I work with to remember | 让我的客户想起 |
[08:23] | why they got married in the first place. | 他们当初结婚的理由 |
[08:25] | And so that, as you come apart, | 这样 当你们分开时 |
[08:28] | you’re reminded that… | 你们就会记起 |
[08:31] | this is a person you had great feeling for, | 你曾对这个人有过深厚的感情 |
[08:34] | and maybe still do in many ways. | 或许在很多方面依旧如此 |
[08:40] | I’ll read mine. I like what I wrote. | 我来读我的吧 我喜欢我写的 |
[08:44] | For it to really work, | 你们都得读出来 |
[08:45] | you both have to read. | 才有效果 |
[08:47] | I’m not going to. | 我不读 |
[08:49] | Okay, um… | 好吧 |
[08:51] | I just think it’s a shame | 我觉得这很可惜 |
[08:52] | that you guys aren’t going to get to hear, | 你们写下了对彼此的美好回忆 |
[08:55] | uh, the wonderful things you wrote about each other. | 却没有机会听到 |
[08:58] | She always says I can’t write, but I think mine’s pretty good. | 她总说我不会写作 但我觉得我写得非常好 |
[09:00] | Nicole, maybe you’d change your mind once you heard Charlie’s. | 妮可 或许你听了查理写的会改变主意 |
[09:03] | I don’t want to hear Charlie’s. | 我不想听查理写了什么 |
[09:04] | We promised to listen. | 我们之前说好要听的 |
[09:06] | That’s right. | 没错 |
[09:08] | That’s the very first step in this process. | 这是这个过程的第一步 |
[09:12] | Well, I think I’m going to go | 如果你们俩 |
[09:13] | if you two are going to just sit around and | 要坐在这儿一唱一和 |
[09:16] | suck each other’s dicks. | 那我还是走吧 |
[09:23] | How can this evil allow moderation? | 如此罪恶怎会节制 |
[09:26] | How can this evil allow moderation? | 如此罪恶怎会节制 |
[09:29] | How can it be right to betray the departed? | 背叛亡者怎会是正义的 |
[09:32] | How is it human to be so… | 人类怎可变得如此… |
[09:35] | faithless? | 背信弃义 |
[09:38] | I want no praise from impious men. | 我不需要不虔诚者的赞赏 |
[09:41] | No home with them of quiet ease. | 不要与他们安然共处一屋 |
[09:45] | Noble blood still runs in my veins. | 我的血管之中仍流淌着高尚的血液 |
[09:48] | Shall I fail my father… | 我要辜负我的父亲… |
[09:50] | stifling my cries, | 压抑自己的哭泣 |
[09:52] | clipping the wings of grief? | 斩断悲伤的翅膀吗 |
[09:55] | Must his corpse in the ground wretchedly waste away, | 难道他的尸首注定要在土里不幸地腐败 |
[09:59] | feebly count for nothing? | 眼睁睁地化为乌有吗 |
[10:00] | Must his killers gloat… | 难道杀害他的凶手注定会幸灾乐祸… |
[10:02] | Must his killers gloat, | 难道杀害他的凶手注定会幸灾乐祸 |
[10:04] | never to pay with blood, for blood… | 永远不用血债血偿… |
[10:07] | Charlie gave me the note, but it’s really for you. | 查理把点评语给了我 但其实是给你的 |
[10:10] | – He told me to pick up my cues. – How is that for me? | -他要我不要卡壳 -怎么会是给我的 |
[10:13] | Acting is reacting. | 演戏就是回应 |
[10:14] | I’m responding to you. You’re slowing me down. | 我在回应你 你拖慢了我的节奏 |
[10:17] | Frank, it’s closing night, you know. | 弗兰克 今晚是最后一场演出 你知道的 |
[10:20] | You don’t think Charlie and Nicole will ever get back together? | 你觉得查理和妮可永远不会复合了吗 |
[10:22] | No, I think this time it’s really over. | 对 我觉得这次真的结束了 |
[10:26] | It still feels weird. I feel like my parents are splitting up. | 还是有点奇怪 我觉得就像我爸妈要离婚一样 |
[10:29] | It’s always been “Charlie and Nicole.” | 一直都是”查理和妮可” |
[10:31] | – Is Charlie still giving notes? – Yep. | -查理还会给点评语吗 -会 |
[10:32] | You’re lucky, Nic. I wish I was going to LA. | 你真幸运 妮可 真希望我也能去洛杉矶 |
[10:34] | You can actually have space in LA. There’s no space here. | 洛杉矶空间很大 这里太拥挤了 |
[10:39] | Ladies and gentlemen, | 女士们先生们 |
[10:41] | I want to make a toast | 我想敬… |
[10:42] | to Charlie… | 查理 |
[10:45] | and to our beloved Nicole, | 还有我们亲爱的妮可 |
[10:47] | who is going to be going out on a new adventure, | 她即将到阳光灿烂的加州 |
[10:52] | all the way to sunny California. | 展开一段新的冒险 |
[10:55] | And we are also going to try something new. | 我们也准备尝试新的事物 |
[10:58] | We are going to take our play to Broadway. | 我们的剧目要在百老汇上演了 |
[11:05] | It reminds me of when I was a young person | 让我想起我自己年轻的时候 |
[11:07] | and went to Broadway for the first time. | 第一次去百老汇的情景 |
[11:10] | And I’m telling you, | 我跟你们说 |
[11:11] | winning your first Tony at 27, | 在27岁就赢得你的第一座托尼奖 |
[11:14] | it can mess with your head. | 这会冲昏你的头脑 |
[11:17] | I mean, I was just a baby. | 我那时还只是个小毛孩 |
[11:19] | Elia Kazan was backstage… | 伊利亚·卡赞在后台 |
[11:20] | I’m going to go over there now. | 我要过去了 |
[11:22] | – Don’t do it. Mary Ann? – elbowing Mike Nichols. | -别去 玛丽·安 -用肘推着迈克·尼科尔斯 |
[11:25] | And Mike was chatting with Dietrich, | 而迈克在跟迪特里希聊天 |
[11:27] | and Marlene, you know, she usually was a barrel of monkeys, | 而玛琳 她通常特别风趣 |
[11:31] | but tonight she was very, very serious. | 但那晚她非常非常严肃 |
[11:36] | Could you give me a second? | 稍等我一下好吗 |
[11:59] | Well, I’d have to study it, but… | 我得做些研究 不过… |
[12:03] | I didn’t expect you guys home until late. | 我以为你们很晚才会回来 |
[12:06] | – How’s he doing? – Good, good. He went to bed on time. | -他怎么样 -挺乖的 准时就去睡觉了 |
[12:08] | No fuss. | 没闹 |
[12:09] | Read him some of Cricket in Times Square. | 我给他读了一段《时代广场的蟋蟀》 |
[12:12] | God, you guys are so attractive. | 天 你们真是太好看了 |
[12:16] | Shit. Sorry, I didn’t stop that from being said. | 该死 抱歉 我没忍住说出来了 |
[12:19] | No, it’s okay. | 没关系 |
[12:21] | I’ll pay for the whole time. | 我会按完整工时付钱 |
[12:22] | We decided to come home early. | 是我们自己要早点回来的 |
[12:23] | Hey, thanks. And also the travel time… | 谢谢 还有来回路上的时间 |
[12:40] | …conversation as well as anybody, but I’ve gotta run. | …跟其他人一样聊天 但我得走了 |
[12:45] | …if you know what I mean. | 如果你懂我的意思的话 |
[12:45] | – Y-You’re leaving? – Well, I ain’t moving in. | -你要走了吗 -反正我没打算搬进来 |
[12:50] | We’ll be back when you get your… | 我们很快回来… |
[12:58] | If you don’t like that mediator, we’ll find another one. | 要是你不喜欢那个调解人 我们就再找一个 |
[13:00] | Yeah. – W-We might not need a mediator. | -好 -我们可能根本不需要调解人 |
[13:02] | We’ll just split everything anyway, I don’t care. | 反正我们把东西分了就行 我无所谓 |
[13:05] | – Me neither. – You can have most of it. | -我也无所谓 -大部分都可以归你 |
[13:07] | We’ll get apartments near each other, make it easier for Henry. | 我们要住得近点 让亨利更容易接受 |
[13:09] | We’ll figure it out. | 我们会解决好的 |
[13:10] | – We want the same things. – Right. | -我们的目标是一致的 -对 |
[13:13] | In the meantime, the pilot will be fun for you. | 话说 那个试播集一定很有意思吧 |
[13:18] | You don’t think it’s bad, do you? | 你不会觉得那剧本很糟吧 |
[13:19] | I don’t ever watch TV, so, you know, I can’t tell. | 我根本不看电视 所以我也没法判断 |
[13:32] | I told Henry I’d come out to LA in two weeks to see him. | 我跟亨利说了两周后去洛杉矶看他 |
[13:38] | Yes? | 有话就说 |
[13:40] | Nothing. | 没什么 |
[13:43] | I can tell you want to give me a note. | 我能看出来你想给我点评语 |
[13:45] | No, I don’t. | 不 没有 |
[13:48] | Yeah… I mean, yes, I do, but I guess… | 好吧 确实是 但我觉得… |
[13:54] | I guess it doesn’t matter now. | 我觉得现在可能已经不重要了 |
[13:55] | You won’t be with the show anymore. | 你不会再参加我们的演出了 |
[13:57] | It’s stupid. | 我想说的事挺蠢的 |
[13:59] | You’re not going to be able to sleep until you tell me. | 你不告诉我的话肯定睡不着 |
[14:02] | Maybe not. | 有可能 |
[14:04] | Okay, then. | 那就说吧 |
[14:06] | So, there are two things. | 是这样 有两点 |
[14:08] | I thought your posture at the top | 我觉得你在第七幕开场时的姿势 |
[14:10] | of scene seven is still too dignified. | 还是太端着了 |
[14:13] | – Okay. – And then… | -好吧 -还有就是… |
[14:17] | at the end, I could tell you were pushing for the emotion. | 在结尾时 我能看出来你在强挤情绪 |
[14:20] | Well, you know I can’t cry on stage, | 你知道我在舞台上哭不出来 |
[14:22] | and I know you don’t like it when I fake it, but… | 我也知道你不喜欢我假装 但… |
[14:25] | I thought maybe tonight it would come, but… | 我以为今晚也许能哭出来 但… |
[14:29] | it didn’t. | 并没有 |
[14:30] | That’s all I had. | 我就想说这些 |
[14:34] | Thanks for indulging me. | 谢谢你迁就我 |
[14:40] | Good night, Charlie. | 晚安 查理 |
[15:16] | ♪ This is the day ♪ | ♪ 就是今日 ♪ |
[15:18] | ♪ This is the day that the Lord has made ♪ | ♪ 这是主选定的日子 ♪ |
[15:21] | ♪ That the Lord has made ♪ | ♪ 是主选定的日子 ♪ |
[15:23] | ♪ Let us rejoice ♪ | ♪ 让我们狂欢庆祝 ♪ |
[15:25] | ♪ Let us rejoice and be glad in it ♪ | ♪ 让我们狂欢庆祝 尽情欢乐 ♪ |
[15:28] | ♪ And be glad in it ♪ | ♪ 尽情欢乐 ♪ |
[15:30] | ♪ This is the day ♪ | ♪ 就是今日 ♪ |
[15:30] | Mom. | 妈 |
[15:31] | G-ma, summer is for relaxing. | 外婆 暑假是用来休息的 |
[15:34] | ♪ This is the day… ♪ | ♪ 这是… ♪ |
[15:35] | What do you want to do today? | 你今天想做些什么 |
[15:38] | Hang out and relax with you. | 跟你一起边玩边休息 |
[15:40] | – Me too. – No relaxing. | -我也是 -不能休息 |
[15:42] | Nicole has a hair and makeup test today, | 妮可今天要去试妆发造型 |
[15:44] | and Henry, we got you into Fairy Camp with the cousins. | 而亨利 我们给你和表兄妹们报名了童话营 |
[15:48] | I hate Fairy Camp. | 我讨厌童话营 |
[15:50] | Cassie says everyone likes Fairy Camp, | 凯西说大家都喜欢童话营 |
[15:52] | and I think this is true. | 我觉得是真的 |
[15:58] | Henry, go make your mom some coffee like I taught you. | 亨利 照我教你的 去给妈妈冲杯咖啡 |
[16:01] | Mom, wait till you taste my coffee. | 妈妈 等着尝我的咖啡吧 |
[16:12] | Do you always sleep together? Even in New York? | 你们总是一起睡觉吗 在纽约也这样 |
[16:16] | No, it’s just for right now while we go through this transition. | 不 只是最近这样 毕竟我们还处于过渡阶段 |
[16:19] | Oh, shit. | 该死 |
[16:21] | Don’t tell Charlie when he gets here. | 查理来了可别告诉他 |
[16:22] | He hates co-sleeping. | 他讨厌孩子跟大人一起睡 |
[16:24] | Well, I have to say, I agree with Charlie. | 我得说 我支持查理 |
[16:27] | Surprise surprise. | 真是”没想到” |
[16:29] | – It’s as if… – Jesus, it’s early. | -就好像… -天 这么早 |
[16:30] | you have exploded……into this room. | 你从天而降砸了进来 |
[16:34] | I can do this part alone. | 这种事我可以自己来 |
[16:36] | Fine. I won’t look. | 好吧 我不看 |
[16:39] | As long as you’re in my house, wake up is at 6:30 a.m., | 只要你在我家 起床时间就是六点半 |
[16:43] | and until you know what you want to do, | 在你想明白你想做什么之前 |
[16:45] | we’re going to do what I like to do. | 我们就得做我想做的事 |
[16:47] | I can’t just go from what Charlie | 我不能从以前凡事都顺着查理 |
[16:49] | wanted to do to what you want to do. | 变成以后凡事都顺着你 |
[16:52] | Even though I’m 64 | 虽然我64岁了 |
[16:54] | and have a dead gay husband, | 还有个死了的同志丈夫 |
[16:56] | I manage to get up every day, | 我仍然能做到每天起床 |
[16:58] | live my life, and feel pretty good about myself. | 过我的生活 并且对自己感到很满意 |
[17:01] | So, maybe your mom knows a thing or two. | 所以 也许你妈还是懂点什么的 |
[17:04] | You know what I would do? | 你知道我会怎么做吗 |
[17:06] | About what? | 什么怎么做 |
[17:07] | When Charlie gets here, I’d whisk him off to Palm Springs. | 等查理来了 我会立马带他去棕榈泉 |
[17:10] | That’s what your father and I did whenever we hit a speed bump. | 我和你爸遇到瓶颈时就会这么做 |
[17:14] | Didn’t you walk in on Dad blowing the porter in Palm Springs? | 你不是撞见爸爸在棕榈泉给看门的吹箫吗 |
[17:17] | And I always regretted getting so upset about it. | 我一直很后悔当时那么生气 |
[17:21] | Charlie and I are getting a divorce, Mom. | 我和查理要离婚了 妈 |
[17:23] | There’s nothing for us in Palm Springs. | 棕榈泉解决不了问题 |
[17:25] | You need to wash your face before you go to sleep. | 你睡觉前得洗洗脸 |
[17:28] | When Daddy gets here, | 等爸爸来了 |
[17:29] | – maybe we could all go on the Jaws ride. – Yeah. | -也许我们可以一起去坐大白鲨游船 -好 |
[17:31] | Or I could go once with Daddy and once with you, | 我也可以跟爸爸去一次 再跟你去一次 |
[17:34] | because I wouldn’t mind going twice anyway. | 反正我也不介意去两次 |
[17:36] | No, we’ll all go together, sweetheart. | 不 我们都一起去 亲爱的 |
[17:37] | Did you know that Universal Studios | 你知道吗 环球影城 |
[17:39] | is where I did my first screen test? | 也是我第一次试镜的地方 |
[17:41] | On the plane, I re-read the pilot as if I were Charlie reading it, | 在飞机上 我用查理的视角读了试播集剧本 |
[17:44] | and I started to think it was just bad. | 我有点觉得简直太烂了 |
[17:46] | My agent says it’s one to watch. | 我的经纪人说值得一看 |
[17:51] | – This coffee is good. Thank you. – You’re welcome. | -这咖啡确实不错 谢谢 -不客气 |
[17:53] | What if Charlie is on Broadway | 万一查理带着我原创的剧 |
[17:55] | with a play I brought him, which I originated, | 去了百老汇 |
[17:58] | and I’m just doing bad TV? | 而我却在演烂剧怎么办 |
[17:59] | Everyone is only impressed when they see someone on TV. | 大家只会佩服能上电视的人 |
[18:04] | – She’s beautiful. – Her wig looks great. | -她真美 -她的假发看起来很棒 |
[18:06] | Where’s she been the past ten years? | 过去十年她都在哪 |
[18:07] | Doing weird theater in New York, downtown shit. | 在纽约演些奇怪的戏剧 下城区的东西 |
[18:10] | – I saw one. It rained onstage. – Can I say something? | -我看过一场 台上下雨了 -我能说句话吗 |
[18:12] | It was good. Edgy. | 挺棒的 前卫 |
[18:14] | Directed by her husband, supposedly very controlling. | 她丈夫是导演 据说控制欲非常强 |
[18:17] | – We’re lucky to have her. – I’m surprised she said yes. | -她能来是我们的幸运 -我没想到她会答应 |
[18:19] | We can thank her divorce. | 我们该感谢她的离婚 |
[18:21] | Can she move her hand? | 她的手能调整下位置吗 |
[18:22] | It’s going to be hard to roto in the hair on the baby around her fingers. | 要做出孩子的头发跟她手指交错的效果会有点难 |
[18:25] | Can… you move your hand further down the baby? | 你能把手再往孩子身体下方挪一点吗 |
[18:31] | – Where? Like here? – Off the head entirely. | -哪里 这里吗 -完全离开头部 |
[18:35] | I have to support his head. | 我得支撑住他的头 |
[18:36] | No, no, support the head, of course. | 不 当然要支撑住头 |
[18:38] | Just try and do it from the… shoulders? | 只是试着…从肩膀的位置去支撑 |
[18:41] | – It’s perfect. – Yes, good. | -完美 -是的 很好 |
[18:42] | I can’t hold a baby like this. | 我不能这么抱孩子 |
[18:43] | She’s right, that’s going to look weird. | 她是对的 看起来会很奇怪 |
[18:45] | No, we can totally do it. It just gonna take time… | 不 完全可以 只是需要点时间去… |
[18:47] | It was very important to me to have this show based on hard science. | 这部剧必须符合自然科学的原理 这很重要 |
[18:50] | So we can see your pretty face | 这样我们就能看到你美丽的脸 |
[18:51] | and not ours. | 而不是我们自己的 |
[18:53] | You should’ve seen me before the plants invaded. | 你应该看看植物入侵前我的样子 |
[18:55] | I say that with respect. | 我这是出于敬意 |
[18:56] | I was raised by two mothers. | 我是被两个妈妈养大的 |
[18:59] | Can you lower the board please, Pablo? | 能把反光板放低点吗 帕布罗 |
[19:03] | Here? How about here? | 这样呢 这样行吗 |
[19:06] | How about now? | 现在呢 |
[19:06] | Why is there always a flirty grip? | 怎么到哪都会有个撩妹的器械师 |
[19:08] | I can do anything you want. | 你们想要什么效果都行 |
[19:09] | I just need her here two hours before… | 我只需要她提前两小时… |
[19:10] | Can I say something? | 我能说句话吗 |
[19:11] | Dennis, hold on. What, honey? | 丹尼斯 稍等 怎么了 亲爱的 |
[19:14] | She has to know how to hold a baby. | 她得知道怎么抱婴儿 |
[19:16] | – Later on, after she kills Donny… – She kills Donny? | -后面等她杀了唐尼 -她杀了唐尼 |
[19:18] | That’s a secret. We didn’t give the crew those pages. | 这是秘密 我们没把那几页给剧组 |
[19:20] | …she becomes a sort of a Earth mother to the plant community. | 她成了植物界的某种大地母亲 |
[19:22] | That’s not going to make any sense | 要是她对自己的孩子来说是个坏母亲 |
[19:24] | if we feel like she’s a bad mother to her own kid. | 这逻辑就不能自洽了 |
[19:26] | – She’s right. – Does Donny know? | -她说得对 -唐尼知道吗 |
[19:28] | Must be nice to get out of New York. | 能离开纽约感觉一定很好 |
[19:29] | Well, I’m from out here. | 我本来就是这里的人 |
[19:30] | Our daughter, Mia, is at NYU, living in a shoebox. | 我们的女儿米娅在纽约大学 住在一个小屋子里 |
[19:33] | She says it went up to 104 the other day. | 她说有一次热得都有40度了 |
[19:35] | – We are just so excited to have you. – I’m excited to be here. | -我们很激动能请到你 -我也很激动能来 |
[19:38] | We’re going for an early aughts aesthetic, | 我们要走本世纪早期的审美风格 |
[19:41] | so having your presence just nails that. | 你能来就更有保障了 |
[19:42] | What signifies early aughts? | 本世纪早期的审美有什么特点 |
[19:43] | Into The Girl was on TV… | 《爱上少女》之前在电视上播出了… |
[19:45] | – All Over The Girl. – …or streaming or something. | -是《情迷少女》 -或是什么流媒体之类的 |
[19:47] | You are fucking hot in that movie. | 你在那部电影里太他妈性感了 |
[19:49] | – Carol. – Fuck it, I speak my mind. | -卡罗 -去他的 我说的是心里话 |
[19:51] | We’re not allowing our son to see it. | 不能让我们的儿子看 |
[19:52] | Because you show your tits. | 因为你露奶了 |
[19:53] | – Carol! – Yeah. | -卡罗 -是啊 |
[19:54] | – Dennis. – This is Carter Mitchum. | -丹尼斯 -这是卡特·米切姆 |
[19:56] | He’s a futurist at UCLA. | 他是加大洛杉矶分校的未来学家 |
[19:59] | He’s consulting on all the environmental stuff for the show | 他是剧里所有环境相关细节的顾问 |
[20:02] | so it’s accurate. | 以确保细节准确无误 |
[20:02] | – Nice to meet you. – Is it? | -很高兴见到你 -做到了吗 |
[20:04] | – What? – Accurate? | -什么 -准确 |
[20:05] | So far, none of it. | 目前为止 完全没做到 |
[20:06] | This pilot will go. So get ready to move back to LA. | 这试播集肯定能过 准备好搬回洛杉矶吧 |
[20:09] | Listen, everything you were saying | 听着 你刚才在那边说的一切 |
[20:10] | back there was absolutely right. | 都非常正确 |
[20:12] | If she’s a bad mom, we lose the audience. | 如果她不是个好母亲 我们就会失去观众 |
[20:13] | Nobody knows we’re killing Donny, | 没人知道我们会写死唐尼 |
[20:15] | – including Donny. – I… I thought… | -包括唐尼自己 -我以为… |
[20:17] | Let us know if you’d like to be part of our writer’s room. | 要是你想参与我们的编剧工作 一定要告诉我们 |
[20:20] | I bet you’d be really helpful, actually. | 我相信你一定能帮上大忙 |
[20:22] | Or I could direct. | 或者我也可以当导演 |
[20:24] | – No, yeah. – Sorry, what? Maybe that sounds crazy. | -可以啊 -抱歉 可能听起来有点疯狂 |
[20:26] | No, do you have a reel? | 不会 你有执导的样片吗 |
[20:28] | No, because I’ve… I’ve never done it. | 没有 我没实操过 |
[20:29] | I watched my husband do it for years. | 但我看我丈夫做了这么多年了 |
[20:32] | Almost ex-husband. | 就快是前夫了 |
[20:34] | What’s the opposite of fiancé? | 未婚夫的反义词是什么 |
[20:37] | Dennis and I will talk to your agent about it. | 我和丹尼斯会跟你的经纪人聊聊 |
[20:39] | At our theater I always wanted to direct, | 在剧团的时候我就一直想试着执导 |
[20:40] | and then Charlie would say something like, | 然后查理就会说一些 |
[20:42] | “The next one,” but he was always the director, | “下次让你来”之类的话 但导演一直都是他 |
[20:44] | so there never was a next one. | 所以永远不会有”下次” |
[20:46] | I don’t know. Maybe if we’d stayed married, there would’ve been. | 谁知道呢 要是我们不离婚 也许会有吧 |
[20:49] | Yeah, no. We’re going to kill him off. It seems unlikely… | 不 我们要写死他 看起来不太可能… |
[20:55] | I’m going to give you a number. | 我要给你一个号码 |
[20:57] | Okay, is it a therapist? Because I have a therapist. | 行啊 是心理医生吗 是的话我已经有了 |
[21:00] | Well, it’s my mom’s therapist. We share her. | 其实是我妈的心理医生 我们共用一个 |
[21:02] | She’s a lawyer. She represented me when I left Dennis. | 她是个律师 我和丹尼斯离婚时就是找她代理的 |
[21:07] | You and Dennis are divorced? | 你和丹尼斯离婚了 |
[21:08] | Since 2013. | 2013年的事了 |
[21:10] | You still work together. | 你们还在一起工作 |
[21:11] | That’s nice. | 挺好啊 |
[21:12] | Oh, no, he’s a fucking cocksucker. | 才不好 他就是个王八蛋 |
[21:14] | Nora got me half of this project in the settlement. | 诺拉帮我争取到了这个项目的一半 |
[21:17] | Well, we talked about doing it without lawyers. | 我们说过不请律师的 |
[21:20] | My sister had me meet a bunch of them already, | 我妹妹已经让我见了几位 |
[21:22] | and I… just… hated them. | 我讨厌他们 |
[21:25] | Call Nora. | 打给诺拉 |
[21:27] | She saved my life. | 她挽救了我的人生 |
[21:30] | Sorry, I… | 抱歉 我… |
[21:31] | look so schleppy. | 看起来这么邋遢 |
[21:32] | I had an event at my kid’s school. | 我刚参加完孩子在学校的活动 |
[21:35] | Let me get this out of the way. | 我就直说了吧 |
[21:36] | I think you’re a wonderful actress. | 我觉得你是个很出色的演员 |
[21:39] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[21:40] | I loved All Over The Girl, | 我很喜欢《情迷少女》 |
[21:42] | but the theater stuff too… | 还有那些戏剧… |
[21:45] | You saw the theater stuff? | 你看过我的剧 |
[21:46] | I was in New York last year for my book, | 我去年在纽约宣传我的书 |
[21:49] | which, remind me to give you a copy, | 对了 记得问我要一本 |
[21:51] | and my publisher took me. | 我的出版商带我去看的 |
[21:52] | Great. | 太好了 |
[21:54] | – Thank you. – You are awesome. | -谢谢 -你太厉害了 |
[21:58] | – Well, Charlie directed it. – I know. | -是查理导演的 -我知道 |
[22:01] | He’s very talented. | 他很有才 |
[22:02] | He is. | 是的 |
[22:03] | They’re moving it to Broadway. | 他们要去百老汇演出了 |
[22:06] | Well, without me, of course. | 当然 不带我 |
[22:08] | He was lucky to have you. | 有你这样的妻子是他的福气 |
[22:12] | How are you doing? | 你还好吗 |
[22:22] | Sorry. | 抱歉 |
[22:25] | Honey… | 亲爱的 |
[22:35] | You take some breaths. | 深呼吸 |
[22:38] | And while you do, I’m going to tell you about myself. | 与此同时 我做个自我介绍 |
[22:42] | If you should choose to hire me, | 如果你选择雇我 |
[22:43] | I will work tirelessly for you, | 我会不知疲倦地为你工作 |
[22:46] | and I’m always available by phone or text, | 你随时可以打电话或发短信联系我 |
[22:49] | except when I’m with my kids. | 除了我带孩子的时候 |
[22:50] | I insist on doing drop off and pick up every day at school. | 我坚持每天到学校接送孩子 |
[22:53] | – I understand. – I’ve been through this myself. | -我理解 -我也经历过这些 |
[22:56] | Thank you Annie. So… | 谢谢 安妮 所以… |
[22:59] | I know how it feels. | 我知道你的感受 |
[23:01] | – You do? – Yes. | -是吗 -是的 |
[23:03] | I have a kid from my ex, who is a narcissistic artist… | 我和我前夫有个孩子 我前夫是个自恋的艺术家 |
[23:07] | and verbally abusive. | 还存在语言暴力 |
[23:09] | I’m now with a great boyfriend who lives in Malibu. | 我现在有个住在马里布的好男友 |
[23:12] | Oh, good. | 真好 |
[23:14] | Well, Charlie’s not terrible. | 查理不坏的 |
[23:16] | No, of course not. | 当然了 |
[23:18] | But they ravish you with attention in the beginning… | 但他们起初为了得到你的欢心而对你关怀备至 |
[23:21] | and then once we have babies, we become the mom | 等我们有了孩子 成了妈妈 |
[23:24] | and… they get sick of us. | 他们就厌烦我们了 |
[23:26] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[23:29] | Where do you want to live now, doll? | 你现在想住在哪 姑娘 |
[23:32] | Well… | 这个… |
[23:34] | I’m here now, obviously. | 显然 我现在在这里 |
[23:37] | I don’t know if the show will get picked up, but… | 我不知道试播集能不能拍成电视剧 但是 |
[23:41] | it feels like home. | 这里有家的感觉 |
[23:43] | It is home. | 就是家 |
[23:45] | It’s the only home I’ve ever known without Charlie. | 这是我除了查理之外仅有的家了 |
[23:48] | You want to stay here? | 你想留在这里吗 |
[23:50] | Charlie’s not going to want that. He… | 查理不会愿意的 他… |
[23:53] | He hates LA. | 他不喜欢洛杉矶 |
[23:54] | We’re interested in what you want to do. | 我们关心的是你的想法 |
[23:57] | Sounds to me like you did your time in New York. | 在我看来 你在纽约待得够久了 |
[24:01] | He can do some time here, no? | 他也可以在这里住一段时间吧 |
[24:03] | He always said we would, but he never… | 他总说将来会的 但从未… |
[24:06] | did. | 做到 |
[24:07] | How old is your son? | 你儿子多大了 |
[24:09] | Henry’s eight. | 亨利八岁了 |
[24:11] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[24:12] | He likes LA. | 他喜欢洛杉矶 |
[24:16] | I don’t know if it’s fair to him. | 我不知道这对他公不公平 |
[24:19] | I want you to listen to me. | 你听我说 |
[24:22] | What you’re doing is an act of hope. | 你现在做的是希望之举 |
[24:26] | Do you understand that? | 你明白吗 |
[24:28] | Yeah. | 明白 |
[24:30] | You’re saying, “I want something better for myself.” | 你在说 “我希望自己过得更好” |
[24:35] | I do. | 没错 |
[24:36] | And this, right now, is the worst time. | 现在是最难熬的时期 |
[24:40] | It will only get better. | 以后只会越来越好 |
[24:43] | Wasn’t it Tom Petty who said “The waiting is the hardest part”? | 汤姆·佩蒂不是唱过”等待最难熬”吗 |
[24:48] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[24:50] | I represented his wife in their divorce. | 他离婚时 我是他妻子的律师 |
[24:52] | I got her half of that song. | 我帮她拿到了那首歌一半的版权 |
[24:55] | I don’t want any money or anything. | 我不想要钱之类的 |
[24:58] | I just worry because we weren’t going to use lawyers, so… | 我有点担心 因为我们之前说好不请律师 所以… |
[25:01] | I don’t want to be too aggressive. | 我不想太咄咄逼人 |
[25:05] | I want to stay friends. | 我还想继续和他做朋友 |
[25:08] | We’ll do it as gently as possible. | 我们会尽可能缓和地处理 |
[25:11] | Now… | 好了 |
[25:15] | Can you tell me a little more about what’s going on? | 你能多和我说点目前的情况吗 |
[25:18] | Because part of what we’re going to do together | 因为我们要一起做的事就包括 |
[25:20] | is tell your story. | 讲述你的故事 |
[25:24] | It’s difficult to articulate. | 很难说清楚 |
[25:26] | It’s… | 事情… |
[25:27] | not as simple as not being in love anymore. | 不像说不爱了那么简单 |
[25:30] | I understand. | 我懂 |
[25:32] | Why don’t you start at the beginning? Wherever that is for you. | 不如从头说起吧 从哪都可以 |
[25:38] | Well, uh… | 好吧 |
[25:41] | I was engaged to Ben | 我之前和本订婚了 |
[25:42] | and living in LA, you know? | 住在洛杉矶 |
[25:45] | And I felt like yes, I want to make movies and marry Ben. | 我感觉 没错 我想和本拍电影并嫁给他 |
[25:49] | Jesus, I was only 19 or 20 at the time. | 天啊 我当时也就二十岁左右 |
[25:52] | I never felt older in my whole life. | 我这辈子从没觉得自己那么老过 |
[25:54] | Anyway, if I was honest with myself, | 总之 如果说实话 |
[25:56] | it was like a small part of me felt dead… | 我感觉内心有一小部分死去了 |
[25:59] | or dead-ish. | 或者将死了 |
[26:01] | You know, you tell yourself, | 你告诉自己 |
[26:02] | “No one’s perfect, no relationship’s perfect.” | “没有完美之人 也没有完美恋情” |
[26:07] | This tea is delicious. | 这茶真好喝 |
[26:09] | Isn’t it? It’s the Manuka honey. | 是吧 加了麦卢卡蜂蜜 |
[26:12] | Anyway, uh, you were asking about Charlie. | 总之 你刚刚问起查理 |
[26:15] | So, um… | 所以 |
[26:17] | So, yes. So, I was… I was… | 所以 是的 我当时…我当时 |
[26:19] | happy with Ben and aware of the deadness, | 和本在一起很幸福 也意识到自己心死了 |
[26:22] | and I went to New York | 我去了纽约 |
[26:24] | to meet with this director for this space movie. | 去见一部太空电影的导演 |
[26:27] | But one where they take space seriously, like… | 但这是一部对太空严肃对待的电影 |
[26:30] | sex trafficking in space. | 在太空进行性交易 |
[26:32] | You know, it was political. | 有政治意义 |
[26:33] | Or at least they wanted us to think it was. | 至少他们想让我们这么觉得 |
[26:35] | Anyway, it just… | 总之 那部电影… |
[26:37] | it was really fulfilling the same need | 那部电影和某些糟糕的色情片一样 |
[26:39] | that certain fucked up porn does. | 满足的是相同的需求 |
[26:42] | But anyway, so… | 但总之 |
[26:43] | while I was there… | 我去了之后 |
[26:45] | the producer… | 制片人 |
[26:47] | invited me to see a play. | 邀请我去看一场戏剧 |
[26:50] | It took place in someone’s apartment with all the lights on. | 在一个人的公寓里演的 把灯都打开了 |
[26:54] | It was like nothing I’d ever seen before. | 我之前从未看过这样的剧 |
[26:56] | This strange… | 这种奇特的 |
[26:58] | surreal, dystopian story, | 超现实的反乌托邦故事 |
[27:01] | and it was so well-acted. | 演得特别好 |
[27:03] | And one of the actors was this big shaggy bear | 其中一位演员身材高大 邋邋遢遢 |
[27:07] | who played all his lines looking directly at me, | 说台词的时候全程都盯着我 |
[27:10] | which I knew couldn’t be the case, but it felt like it. | 我知道不可能是这样 但我觉得是的 |
[27:14] | And then later, of course, I learned that it was. | 之后当然了 我了解到我当时的感觉是对的 |
[27:19] | These cookies are really great too. | 这饼干也很好吃 |
[27:20] | I’ll send you home with some. | 走的时候送你几盒 |
[27:22] | Afterwards, I was introduced to the cast, | 后来 我与演职人员认识了一下 |
[27:24] | and the bear turned out to also be the director. | 发现那个大高个还是导演 |
[27:28] | He talked to me and… | 他和我说话 |
[27:33] | I talked back. | 我也和他说话 |
[27:36] | The dead part wasn’t dead, it was just in a coma. | 我的心没有死去 只是暂时昏迷了 |
[27:39] | And… | 然后 |
[27:41] | it was better than the sex, the talking. | 和他聊天 比性爱还美妙 |
[27:43] | Although the… | 不过 |
[27:45] | the sex was also like the talking. | 性爱也和聊天一样 |
[27:47] | You know, everything is like everything in a relationship. | 恋爱中的一切都很相似 |
[27:49] | Don’t you find that? | 你不觉得吗 |
[27:51] | And, um… | 然后 |
[27:53] | So, we spent… | 我们两个 |
[27:55] | the whole night and the next day together and… | 一整夜和第二天都在一起 然后… |
[27:59] | I just never left. | 我就留下来了 |
[28:01] | Yes, to be honest, all the problems | 是 说实话 所有的问题 |
[28:03] | were there in the beginning too. | 在一开始就存在了 |
[28:05] | But… I just went along with him and his life | 但我就接受了他和他的生活 |
[28:07] | because it felt so damn good to feel myself alive. | 因为活过来的感觉真是太好了 |
[28:11] | In the beginning, I was the actress, the star, and… | 一开始 我是演员 是明星 |
[28:15] | That felt like something, you know. | 感觉还是很不错的 |
[28:16] | People came to see me at first, but… | 人们一开始都是冲着我来看剧的 但是 |
[28:20] | the farther away I got from that and… | 我渐渐失去光彩了 |
[28:23] | the more acclaim the theater company got, | 剧团越来越受欢迎 |
[28:24] | and I had less and less weight. | 我的分量也越来越轻 |
[28:26] | I just became… | 我就变成了那种 |
[28:28] | “Who?” | “谁” |
[28:29] | “Well, you know, the actress that was in that thing that time.” | “就是当时演了那个的女演员” |
[28:32] | And he was the draw. | 他变成了招牌 |
[28:34] | And… that… | 那… |
[28:37] | would’ve been fine, but… | 本来还没关系 但是 |
[28:40] | I got smaller. | 我变得越来越渺小 |
[28:48] | I realized I… | 我意识到我… |
[28:51] | I didn’t ever really come alive for myself. | 我从来没有为自己而活过来 |
[28:53] | I was just feeding his aliveness. | 我只是成了他活着的养料 |
[28:56] | And… | 然后 |
[28:58] | you know… | 你知道的 |
[28:59] | he was so smart and creative, it… | 他那么聪明 又有创意 没… |
[29:02] | it was fine. | 没关系的 |
[29:04] | You know, I would tell him things at home in private, | 我会在家里私下告诉他一些事 |
[29:07] | and they would work their way | 然后这些事 |
[29:08] | into public conversation into his work, and… | 会出现在公共谈话里 然后进入他的作品 |
[29:11] | For a while, that felt like enough. I mean, I was just so… | 有一段时间 我感觉满足了 我太… |
[29:15] | so… | 太… |
[29:16] | so flattered that someone like him would… | 太受宠若惊 像他这样的人 |
[29:18] | would find an idea I had worth trying | 会觉得我的想法值得一试 |
[29:20] | or a comment I made worth repeating and… | 觉得我的评论值得重复 |
[29:23] | and then, I got pregnant. | 然后我怀孕了 |
[29:25] | And I thought that having a baby | 我以为生孩子这件事 |
[29:27] | could be ours, could really be ours, | 可以是我们的 是真正属于我们俩的 |
[29:29] | but also really mine. | 但也是属于我自己的 |
[29:30] | And… you know, he was so excited. | 他非常激动 |
[29:34] | So, it was nice. | 所以挺好的 |
[29:36] | For a while. | 持续了一段时间 |
[29:37] | I mean, kids, they… | 孩子… |
[29:39] | they belong to themselves. It’s like… | 属于他们自己 就好像 |
[29:42] | the instant they leave your body, it’s just… | 孩子离开你的身体一瞬间 就是 |
[29:44] | the process of them going away… | 孩子离开你的过程… |
[29:48] | And I didn’t belong to myself. | 而我并不属于我自己 |
[29:50] | And it was small stuff, stupid stuff, and big stuff. | 小事 蠢事 大事都由不得我 |
[29:54] | All the furniture in our house | 我们家所有的家具 |
[29:56] | was his taste. | 都是他挑的 |
[29:57] | I didn’t even know what my taste was anymore | 我都不知道自己的品味是什么了 |
[29:59] | because I had never been asked to use it. | 因为没人征求过我的意见 |
[30:02] | I didn’t even pick our apartment. I just moved into his. | 我们的公寓都不是我选的 我直接搬到了他家 |
[30:05] | And I made noises about wanting to move back to LA, but… | 我也表达过想搬回洛杉矶的想法 但是 |
[30:08] | they came to nothing. | 犹如石沉大海 |
[30:09] | And we’d come here on holidays because he liked my family. | 我们会在节假日过来 因为他喜欢我的家人 |
[30:12] | But if I suggested we do a year or something, | 但如果我提出来在这住一年什么的 |
[30:15] | he’d just put me off. | 他只会敷衍我 |
[30:17] | It would be… | 我会… |
[30:19] | strange if he turned to me and said, | 措手不及 如果他突然问我 |
[30:23] | “And what do you want to do today?” | “你今天想做什么” |
[30:25] | You know, I just watched that documentary on George Harrison, | 我刚看完那部乔治·哈里森的纪录片 |
[30:29] | and I thought, “Own it. | 我就想 “认了 |
[30:31] | Just own it. | 认了 |
[30:32] | Be like George Harrison’s wife. | 像乔治·哈里森的妻子那样 |
[30:34] | Being a wife and a mother, that’s enough.” | 做个贤妻良母 这就够了” |
[30:36] | Yeah, then I realized I couldn’t remember her name, so… | 结果我发现我想不起她的名字 |
[30:41] | This pilot came along. | 然后我接到了试播集的邀约 |
[30:44] | It shot in LA and it paid so much… | 在洛杉矶拍摄 报酬丰厚 |
[30:47] | And it was like there was this little lifeline thrown to me. | 就好像有一根小小的求生索扔到我面前 |
[30:50] | Here’s this bit of earth that’s yours, and… | 有一片属于你的天地 |
[30:55] | I was embarrassed about it | 为此我在他面前 |
[30:56] | in front of him, but it was also like… | 觉得有点丢脸 但还有另一种感觉… |
[30:59] | yeah, this is who I am, and this is what I’m worth. | 这就是真正的我 这就是我的价值所在 |
[31:03] | And maybe it’s stupid, but at least it’s mine. | 或许是挺蠢的 但至少是属于我的 |
[31:07] | And if he had just taken me into a big hug and said, | 如果他能给我个大大的拥抱 对我说 |
[31:11] | “Baby, I’m so excited for your adventure. | “宝贝 我为你的冒险感到无比激动 |
[31:14] | Of course I want you to have a piece of earth that’s yours.” | 我当然想让你拥有一片属于自己的天地” |
[31:17] | Then… | 那么… |
[31:18] | Well, then, we might not be getting divorced. | 那么我们可能就不必离婚了 |
[31:21] | But… | 但是 |
[31:23] | he made fun of it and… | 他嘲笑了我的梦想 |
[31:24] | was jealous like he is, and… | 和平时一样心怀妒忌 |
[31:28] | then he realized about the money. | 然后他想起了钱的事 |
[31:31] | And he told me I could funnel it back into the theater company. | 然后他跟我说我可以把钱投回剧团 |
[31:36] | And that’s when I realized… | 那时我才意识到 |
[31:39] | he… | 他 |
[31:41] | truly didn’t see me. | 眼里真的没有我 |
[31:44] | He didn’t see me as something separate from himself. | 他没有把我看作是独立于他的个体 |
[31:47] | And I asked him to say my phone number. | 我让他说出我的电话号码 |
[31:51] | He didn’t know it. | 他居然不知道 |
[31:53] | So, I left. | 所以我离开了 |
[32:00] | Also, I think he slept with the stage manager, Mary Ann. | 而且我觉得他跟舞台监督玛丽·安有一腿 |
[32:05] | That fucking asshole. | 那个混球 |
[32:07] | 75 Seventy-five… | |
[32:08] | just 70, | 就是70 |
[32:09] | those two zeros, | 那两个0 |
[32:11] | – seventy-five point zero zero… -“If railroad is unowned… | -75.00… -“如果铁路无主 |
[32:14] | – that’s zero cents. – …you may buy it from the bank.” | -意思就是0分 -你可以从银行买下来” |
[32:16] | “Advance to Illios… | “移动到伊利诺… |
[32:19] | – Illinois. – …Illinois Avenue.” | -伊利诺伊 -伊利诺伊大道” |
[32:21] | “Advance…” what does that mean? | “移动” 是什么意思 |
[32:24] | It means you’ve got to go to Illinois Avenue. | 意思是你得去伊利诺伊大道 |
[32:26] | So where is Illinois Avenue? | 那伊利诺伊大道在哪 |
[32:28] | That one. | 那个 |
[32:29] | 范肖-齐默-肯普律所 至 查理·巴伯 | |
[32:29] | So Cassie, when Charlie gets here, | 凯西 查理到了之后 |
[32:31] | you’re going to hand him the envelope. | 你就把信封递给他 |
[32:32] | Why do I have to do it? | 为什么非要让我给他 |
[32:34] | Because Nicole is very good at | 因为妮可非常擅长 |
[32:37] | getting people to do things for her. | 让别人帮她办事 |
[32:39] | That’s not what this is. | 才不是这样 |
[32:39] | I wiped her butt until she was nine years old. | 她九岁之前 我一直帮她擦屁股 |
[32:41] | She’s very seductive that way. | 她很擅长这一套 |
[32:43] | No, Mom, legally, I can’t be the one who serves him. | 不 妈妈 法律规定不能由我递交他 |
[32:46] | But still, what I’m saying is true. | 但我说的还是大实话 |
[32:49] | Do I have to actually hand him the envelope? | 我真的得给他递信封吗 |
[32:52] | Yes, but I’m going to tell him in advance | 是的 但我会提前告诉他 |
[32:53] | that they’re divorce papers. | 里面是离婚文件 |
[32:55] | Nora says it doesn’t have to be so formal. Where’s Henry? | 诺拉说不必如此正式 亨利在哪 |
[32:58] | He’s playing in the living room with Sam, and Jules, and Molly. | 他跟山姆 朱尔斯和莫莉在客厅玩 |
[33:01] | Let’s get them upstairs. Charlie’s going to be here soon. | 让他们上楼去吧 查理很快就到了 |
[33:03] | Sam, go upstairs. | 山姆 上楼去 |
[33:04] | So, I’ll tell Charlie what’s happening, | 我会告诉查理是怎么回事 |
[33:06] | and, Cassie, you then hand him the envelope. | 然后凯西 你把信封给他 |
[33:10] | Okay… | 好吧 |
[33:11] | I just get nervous. | 我好紧张 |
[33:12] | Well, can you un-serve? | 你能撤销递交吗 |
[33:15] | – What do you mean? Like take it back? – Yeah. | -什么意思 拿回来吗 -对 |
[33:18] | I think so. | 应该可以 |
[33:19] | – You should check. – In case we change our minds… | -你应该去确认一下 -以防我们改主意 |
[33:21] | I’m not going to change my mind. | 我不会改主意的 |
[33:22] | …or we feel too bad for him. | 或者我们觉得他太可怜 |
[33:24] | Maybe in case I do something wrong. | 以防我不小心做错了 |
[33:25] | Now you’re both just making me feel bad, okay? | 你们俩现在让我觉得难受 知道吗 |
[33:27] | Sorry, sorry, I’m nervous! | 抱歉 抱歉 我真的很紧张 |
[33:28] | Well, we all are. | 我们都紧张 |
[33:30] | And we love Charlie. | 我们都很爱查理 |
[33:32] | You have to stop loving him, Mom. | 你不能再爱他了 妈妈 |
[33:34] | You can’t be friends with him anymore. | 也不能再跟他做朋友 |
[33:36] | Charlie and I have our own relationship… | 我跟查理的关系 |
[33:39] | independent of your marriage. | 独立于你们的婚姻 |
[33:41] | Just like I’m still friends | 就像我现在和 |
[33:43] | with Cassie’s ex, Jeff. | 凯西的前任杰夫还是朋友 |
[33:45] | Are you still seeing Jeff? | 你还在和杰夫见面吗 |
[33:46] | An occasional lunch. | 偶尔吃顿午餐 |
[33:48] | I can’t believe you! | 我简直不敢相信 |
[33:49] | He still wants his camera back, by the way. | 对了 他还是想把相机要回去的 |
[33:51] | Listen, nothing can be independent of our marriage right now. | 听着 没有什么关系可以独立于我们的婚姻 |
[33:55] | I can’t believe I even have to explain this to you. | 我不敢相信连这个还要我解释 |
[33:56] | Just be on my side, okay? | 站在我这边 好吗 |
[33:58] | – Okay. – And… | -好吧 -还有 |
[34:00] | stop seeing Jeff! | 别再和杰夫见面了 |
[34:04] | Cassie, you’re the server. | 凯西 你负责递交 |
[34:06] | Just let me practice a few times. | 让我再多练习几次 |
[34:08] | I was never a good auditioner. | 试演时 我的表现一向很糟糕 |
[34:10] | That’s because you wanted it too badly. | 因为你太想拿到角色了 |
[34:12] | It’s not an audition. | 这可不是试演 |
[34:13] | – I’ll play Charlie. – It’s just my palms are so perspired. | -我来扮演查理 -我的手紧张地出汗 |
[34:17] | Sweetie, you’re blotting the envelope. | 亲爱的 你把信封都弄湿了 |
[34:19] | Maybe Nicole should play you. | 或许应该让妮可扮演你 |
[34:21] | Did you really just say that? | 你听听自己说的话 |
[34:22] | We don’t need to practice. This is not a performance. | 我们不需要练习 这又不是表演 |
[34:25] | Did we finish the other wine already? | 上一瓶酒已经喝完了吗 |
[34:27] | – Yeah. – Yeah. | -是的 -是的 |
[34:29] | Okay, let me get him. | 好吧 我去接他 |
[34:30] | – Okay. – You both go in the other room. | -好的 -你们俩都去另一个房间 |
[34:32] | Cassie, you make sure that Henry | 凯西 你去确保亨利 |
[34:33] | goes upstairs with Molly and Jules. | 跟莫莉和朱尔斯一起上楼了 |
[34:35] | Happening now. | 这就去 |
[34:38] | – Mom! – I’m getting my wine. | -妈 -我来拿我的酒 |
[34:41] | – What? – Henry’s pooping in the bathroom downstairs. | -怎么了 -亨利在楼下的洗手间拉屎 |
[34:43] | Can we transfer him to the one upstairs? | 能让他上楼拉吗 |
[34:45] | I think it’s mid-poop. | 他应该正在拉 |
[34:46] | Just grab him when he comes out. | 等他出来立刻带他上去 |
[34:48] | – Cassie? – What? | -凯西 -怎么了 |
[34:49] | I’m… I’m putting the envelope over here by the toaster. | 我把信封放在烤面包机旁边了 |
[34:52] | Copy you. | 收到 |
[35:01] | – Where’s Henry? – Uh, he’s pooping. | -亨利在哪 -他在拉屎 |
[35:03] | Hi, Henry! | 亨利 |
[35:06] | Does this couch still open? | 能用这沙发吗 |
[35:07] | Yeah. | 嗯 |
[35:08] | I got off the plane to a text, | 我下飞机后收到了短信 |
[35:10] | but don’t tell anyone yet. It’s still a secret. | 但先别告诉别人 这还是个秘密 |
[35:13] | Okay. | 好的 |
[35:16] | I won a MacArthur grant. | 我获得了麦克阿瑟天才奖 |
[35:19] | Charlie! | 查理 |
[35:20] | Oh, my God, that’s great! | 天呐 太棒了 |
[35:21] | Congratulations. | 祝贺你 |
[35:23] | I’ll say it because you can’t, | 你自己不能说这话 我帮你说 |
[35:24] | it’s the genius grant. You’re a genius. | 这是天才奖 你是天才 |
[35:26] | I’m really happy for you. You deserve it. | 我真为你感到高兴 这是你应得的 |
[35:28] | It’s yours too. We did all of this together. | 这个奖也是属于你的 我们共同的功劳 |
[35:31] | Thank you, but… | 谢谢 但是… |
[35:32] | it’s yours, Charlie, you enjoy it. | 奖是你的 查理 好好享受吧 |
[35:35] | I’m starving. | 我饿死了 |
[35:36] | It’s good money, and they parse it out over five years. | 奖金很丰厚 五年分期支付 |
[35:38] | But it means I can keep everyone in the theater company employed, | 不过这样我就能给所有的剧团成员发薪水 |
[35:41] | pay my credit card debt. | 还上信用卡欠款 |
[35:42] | So great. | 太棒了 |
[35:42] | Of course, I went instantly to, “It’s all downhill from here. | 当然了 我立刻觉得”从现在起要走下坡路了 |
[35:45] | – Now my first Broadway play has to fail.” – No. | -我的百老汇首演一定会失败” -不会 |
[35:48] | We just started rehearsals again, and I don’t know. | 我们刚开始重新排演 我也不知道 |
[35:50] | You always don’t know at this point, and then, it gets there. | 每次开演前你都是这样 最后都很顺利 |
[35:53] | Do I? Because I don’t remember. | 是吗 我不记得了 |
[35:54] | I know, it’s true, it’ll be great. | 我知道 是真的 放心吧 |
[35:57] | Okay, I hope you’re right. | 好吧 希望你说得没错 |
[35:59] | Everyone says hi. | 大家都问候你 |
[36:02] | Tell them hi. I miss everyone. | 帮我问候他们 我想他们了 |
[36:05] | You’ll see them again when you come back. | 等你回去就能看到他们了 |
[36:06] | A MacArthur, Broadway… | 麦克阿瑟天才奖 百老汇 |
[36:09] | It’s so exciting. | 太让人激动了 |
[36:10] | Congratulations, Charlie. | 祝贺你 查理 |
[36:19] | Which bathroom? | 哪个洗手间 |
[36:22] | – What? – Is he pooping? | -什么 -他不是在拉屎吗 |
[36:25] | Downstairs. | 楼下的 |
[36:26] | Is your mom home? | 你妈在家吗 |
[36:27] | Yeah, she’s upstairs. | 嗯 她在楼上 |
[36:32] | – How’s it going? – Nothing yet. | -怎么样了 -还没拉出来 |
[36:34] | – It’s me. – I know. | -是我 -我知道 |
[36:35] | I just got here. | 我刚到 |
[36:37] | – I brought you something. – Yay. | -我给你带了东西 -太棒了 |
[36:39] | Mom’s getting me a present too. | 妈妈也要送我礼物 |
[36:41] | – Why? – For pooping. | -为什么 -拉屎的奖励 |
[36:47] | – I love you. – I love you. | -我爱你 -我爱你 |
[36:49] | I don’t think we should reward him for pooping anymore. | 我觉得我们不该再为拉屎这件事给他奖励了 |
[36:51] | I know, but he holds it in and it’s going on a week. | 我知道 但他一周没拉了 |
[36:53] | – It’s its own reward. G-ma! – Charlie-bird! | -拉出来就算奖励了 外婆 -小查理 |
[36:57] | Oh! No! Stop it! | 不 别这样 |
[36:59] | Oh, God, I’m huge! | 天呐 我个头很大的 |
[37:00] | – You’re as light as a feather. – Mom? | -你像羽毛一样轻 -妈 |
[37:03] | Why didn’t you respond to my last email? | 你怎么不回我上一封电邮 |
[37:05] | Well, your emails are so articulate. | 你的电邮太有文采了 |
[37:07] | I get intimidated. | 我被吓到了 |
[37:09] | – Mom, can you… – Now, I’m going to lift you! | -妈 你能不能… -现在换我把你举起来了 |
[37:11] | Mom? | 妈 |
[37:14] | Mom? | 妈 |
[37:16] | – Mom? – What? | -妈 -怎么了 |
[37:17] | Upstairs. | 上楼 |
[37:19] | I’m going to write you back now. | 我现在给你回电邮去 |
[37:25] | Cassie? | 凯西 |
[37:27] | Hey, Charlie. | 查理 |
[37:28] | I like your haircut. | 我喜欢你的发型 |
[37:30] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[37:33] | – Mom? – I’ll go. | -妈 -我去 |
[37:35] | Henry’s calling you, Nicole! | 亨利在叫你 妮可 |
[37:37] | I hear him. | 我听到了 |
[37:38] | What’s going on, Henry? | 怎么了 亨利 |
[37:40] | Can you ask Mom to come? | 能帮我叫下妈妈吗 |
[37:44] | He wants you. | 他让你过去 |
[37:48] | What kind of pie is that? | 那是什么派 |
[37:52] | It’s… | 是… |
[37:57] | pecan. | 山核桃派 |
[38:00] | – Did you make it? – I don’t know. | -你做的吗 -我不知道 |
[38:02] | No, it’s store bought. | 不是 是商店买的 |
[38:04] | You know Joan’s on Third? | 你知道第三大街的乔安家吧 |
[38:05] | – Yeah. It’s good, right? – What? | -知道 很好吃对吧 -什么 |
[38:08] | The store? Yeah. | 那家店吗 对 |
[38:10] | Jules and Molly love it. | 朱尔斯和莫莉特别喜欢 |
[38:11] | – Are you okay? – Yes. | -你还好吗 -是的 |
[38:14] | I’m just hot! | 我就是好热 |
[38:16] | I’ll pour you some water. | 我给你倒点水 |
[38:19] | Nicole says you’re doing a play? | 妮可说你在演一部戏剧 |
[38:21] | I-I think you’d like it. | 你应该会喜欢的 |
[38:22] | It’s a great unproduced play | 这个剧本从没登上过舞台 |
[38:24] | by this really interesting British writer. | 是一个很有趣的英国编剧写的 |
[38:26] | – So, you do an English accent? – Yeah. | -所以你要演英国口音的 -对 |
[38:29] | It’s more northern England. | 偏英格兰北部口音 |
[38:30] | What does that sound like? | 让我听听 |
[38:35] | You want a cup of tea, do ya? | 你要来杯茶吗 |
[38:38] | Right. Good. | 是这样 很好 |
[38:41] | Thank you, missus. What is… | 谢谢您 夫人 这是… |
[38:46] | What’s this? | 这是什么 |
[38:47] | It’s a manila envelope, love. | 是马尼拉纸信封 亲爱的 |
[38:49] | – Can I start over? – It has my name on it. | -我能再来一遍吗 -上面写着我的名字 |
[38:57] | Jesus. | 天啊 |
[38:59] | Sorry. You’re served. | 抱歉 递交你了 |
[39:03] | – What did you do? – Nothing. I don’t know. | -你做了什么 -什么都没做 我不知道 |
[39:05] | I can’t lie. | 我不会说谎 |
[39:07] | You’re being served. | 递交你了 |
[39:08] | You guys are getting a div… I don’t know, I’m sorry. | 你们要离…我不知道 抱歉 |
[39:18] | I was going to warn you so it didn’t become a thing. I’m sorry. | 我本来想提前告诉你的 以免把事情闹大 抱歉 |
[39:34] | I feel like I’m in a dream. | 我感觉像是在做梦 |
[39:37] | We don’t have a marriage anymore. | 我们的婚姻已经不存在了 |
[39:39] | I-I know you don’t want the disruption, | 我知道你不想婚姻破裂 |
[39:40] | but you don’t want to be married. | 但你也不想要这段婚姻 |
[39:43] | Not… really. | 可有可无 |
[39:46] | But I don’t want this. | 但我不想这样 |
[39:50] | What did you expect was going to happen? | 你指望会怎样 |
[39:56] | I… I don’t know, I guess I didn’t think it through, | 我不知道 我可能还没想明白 |
[39:59] | but I thought we agreed we weren’t going to use lawyers. | 我以为我们说好了不找律师的 |
[40:03] | I want… | 我想要的… |
[40:05] | I don’t know, I’m trying to say this | 我不知道 我想尽量用 |
[40:07] | as undramatically as possible. | 不夸张的方式说出来 |
[40:08] | I want… | 我想要的… |
[40:11] | an entirely different kind of life. | 是一种完全不同的生活 |
[40:15] | Let’s wait until you finish this pilot and come back to New York. | 我们等你拍完试播集回纽约再说吧 |
[40:17] | Let’s figure it out there, at home, together. | 我们回到家再一起解决这件事 |
[40:19] | Nora’s known for being very fair. | 诺拉是出了名的公平 |
[40:19] | We don’t need to do it with envelopes. | 我们不需要通过信件来沟通 |
[40:21] | – This is Nora? – Yeah. | -这是诺拉发来的 -是 |
[40:23] | She’s great. I feel like we could be friends with her. | 她非常棒 我觉得我们可以和她成为朋友 |
[40:25] | Why do I feel like that won’t happen? | 我怎么觉得不会呢 |
[40:27] | It’s just a formality. | 只是走个形式 |
[40:28] | – Why… – You don’t have to respond right away. | -为什么… -你不必马上回复 |
[40:30] | Why did Cassie have a pie? | 为什么凯西拿了个派来 |
[40:32] | The pie was hers. The pie wasn’t part of it. | 那是她带的派 跟这个没关系 |
[40:35] | Are you sure? | 你确定吗 |
[40:35] | I mean, what would the pie have to do with anything? | 一个派能有什么关系呢 |
[40:38] | I don’t know. It somehow makes it worse. | 我不知道 感觉它使事情更糟糕了 |
[40:41] | I’m sorry, but the pie was just a pie. | 抱歉 派就只是派 |
[40:45] | So, what… | 那 怎么 |
[40:49] | What do I do? | 我要怎么做 |
[40:52] | You get a lawyer too. | 你也找个律师 |
[40:57] | Well, I guess I better be going. | 我想我得行动起来了 |
[41:00] | “Stuart rose from the ditch, climbed into his car… | “斯图尔特从沟里爬出来 钻进车里 |
[41:04] | and started up the road that led toward the north. | 出发上路 一路向北 |
[41:07] | The sun was just coming up over the hills on his right. | 这时太阳刚刚从右边的小山坡升起 |
[41:11] | As he peered ahead into the great land that stretched before him, | 他凝视着前方绵延宽阔的大地 |
[41:15] | the way seemed long… | 道路一眼望不到尽头 |
[41:17] | but the sky was bright. | 天空一片明亮 |
[41:19] | And he somehow felt he was headed in the right direction.” | 他感觉自己正朝着正确的方向前行” |
[41:25] | I forgot it ended that way. | 我都忘了故事结局是这样的 |
[41:28] | Yeah, wow, Stuart really overreacted, didn’t you think? | 是啊 斯图尔特真的反应过度了 不是吗 |
[41:32] | He was upset about his boat. | 他为船的事难过 |
[41:38] | Dad, you go away. | 爸爸 你走吧 |
[41:41] | Mom, you stay. | 妈妈 你留下 |
[41:43] | – Hey, Daddy just got here. – It’s okay. | -爸爸才刚来 -没关系 |
[41:47] | Love you. | 爱你 |
[41:52] | You can come back, and wake me up, | 你可以等会再过来 叫醒我 |
[41:54] | and read to me later, Daddy, okay? | 读故事给我听 好吗 爸爸 |
[41:57] | Okay. | 好的 |
[42:00] | Will you come sleep in my bed later? | 你等会可以来我床上睡吗 |
[42:03] | Yeah. | 好的 |
[42:14] | Hang in there, Charlie-bird. | 坚持住 小查理 |
[42:16] | Thanks, G-ma. | 谢谢 外婆 |
[42:47] | – He’s in a mommy phase right now. – It’s okay. | -他现在处于粘妈的阶段 -没事 |
[42:59] | I’m sorry. I drank too much wine. | 不好意思 我喝多了 |
[43:02] | – I can imagine. – And didn’t eat dinner. | -可以想象 -晚饭也没吃 |
[43:04] | Stressful time. | 压力太大 |
[43:06] | I hope Henry didn’t notice. | 希望亨利没看出来 |
[43:08] | I’m sure he didn’t. | 他肯定没看出来 |
[43:09] | Now that I’m a parent, I realize my parents | 我当了妈以后才意识到 |
[43:10] | were probably drunk all the time with me. | 我爸妈带我的时候大概一直在喝酒 |
[43:12] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[43:13] | I’m sorry again. | 真不好意思 |
[43:16] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[43:18] | Where are you staying? | 你要住哪里 |
[43:23] | Well, I… | 那个 我… |
[43:26] | hadn’t… | 还没… |
[43:31] | I guess I’ll… | 那我就… |
[43:35] | There’s a new hotel on Highland that’s… | 高地那里有家新开的酒店 |
[43:38] | supposedly not too expensive and… and pretty nice. | 据说不会很贵 而且挺不错的 |
[43:42] | Okay, I’ll check it out. | 好的 我去看看 |
[43:44] | Again, that’s great about the MacArthur. | 再次祝贺你获得麦克阿瑟天才奖 |
[43:47] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[43:55] | – Charlie? – Yeah? | -查理 -怎么 |
[44:00] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[44:09] | Fuck. | 该死 |
[44:10] | – What? – She’s being represented by Nora. | -怎么了 -她找的律师是诺拉 |
[44:13] | She’s supposedly very fair? | 听说她以公平著称 |
[44:14] | All right, here’s the fact, Jack. | 好吧 事实是这样的 杰克 |
[44:17] | I charge $950 an hour. | 我每小时收费九百五十美元 |
[44:20] | Ted is 400. | 泰德收四百 |
[44:22] | If you have a stupid question, you call Ted. | 如果你要问愚蠢的问题 找泰德 |
[44:26] | To start, we’ll need a $25,000 retainer. | 首先 我们要收两万五千美元的预付费 |
[44:29] | – That’s more than I can… – And all your financials. | -我付不起这么多 -还有你所有的财务状况 |
[44:31] | We need to do a forensic accounting. | 我们要进行司法会计鉴定 |
[44:32] | Which runs anywhere from ten to twenty thousand dollars. | 这个费用预计要一万到两万美元 |
[44:37] | But if we can all agree right away, it shouldn’t get too bad, | 要是我们能立马达成协议 应该不会太贵 |
[44:39] | – right? – You were married here in LA? | -对吧 -你是在洛杉矶登记结婚的吗 |
[44:42] | Yes… because her mom and sister are out here | 是的 因为她妈妈和妹妹在这里 |
[44:44] | and I’m not close with my family. | 我跟我的家人不大来往 |
[44:45] | Your son was born out here? | 你儿子是在这里出生的吗 |
[44:47] | Yes, because, again, | 是的 也是因为 |
[44:48] | her mom and sister are out here and I’m not… | 她妈妈和妹妹住在这里 我和… |
[44:50] | So, you got married here, | 也就是说 你在这里结的婚 |
[44:52] | your kid was born here… | 你的孩子在这里出生 |
[44:55] | and she served you here? | 而且她在这里向你递交了文件 |
[44:57] | Yeah, but we lived in New York. | 对 但我们之前住在纽约 |
[45:00] | Why? | 怎么了 |
[45:02] | – Is there a problem? – We’ll have to reshape the narrative. | -有什么问题吗 -我们得换个说法 |
[45:04] | If you’re serious about having your child in New York, | 如果你真想让你的孩子跟你回纽约 |
[45:08] | this is what I suggest. | 我的建议是 |
[45:10] | You take your kid… D-Did you say his name was Fred? | 带你的孩子…你是不是说他叫弗莱德 |
[45:14] | Henry. | 亨利 |
[45:15] | Henry? | 亨利 |
[45:16] | Why did I say Fred? | 那我怎么会说弗莱德 |
[45:17] | I have a kid named Fred. | 我有个儿子叫弗莱德 |
[45:18] | You take Henry to New York with you right now. | 你现在马上带亨利跟你回纽约 |
[45:22] | Then we file an action in New York. | 我们在纽约起诉 |
[45:25] | We make this a New York case. | 把它变成纽约的案件 |
[45:26] | We need to make an argument that you’re a New York-based family. | 我们要主张你们家在纽约 |
[45:29] | Well, we are. | 我们就是 |
[45:29] | Otherwise, you’ll probably never | 否则你以后可能 |
[45:30] | see your kid outside of LA again. | 只能在洛杉矶见到你儿子了 |
[45:32] | Really? No. | 真的吗 不行 |
[45:34] | It’s very hard to convince the courts to move a kid. | 很难说服法院让孩子搬家 |
[45:37] | As soon as you let your wife and child leave New York, | 一旦你让老婆孩子离开纽约 |
[45:41] | you made life very difficult for yourself. | 你就是在给自己挖坑 |
[45:44] | Yes, but as I said, | 是 但正如我说的 |
[45:45] | we’re a New York family, that’s just a fact. | 我们家在纽约 这是事实 |
[45:49] | She’s… here temporarily. | 她只是暂时待在这里 |
[45:51] | Then why do you think she served you out here? | 那你觉得她为什么要在这里向你递交文件 |
[45:54] | I don’t… know, but Henry wants to go back to New York. | 我不知道 但是亨利想回纽约 |
[45:59] | Don’t quote your kid. | 别管你孩子说了什么 |
[46:01] | He’s just telling you what you want to hear. | 他只是挑你想听的话说 |
[46:04] | And trust me, he’s telling her the opposite. | 相信我 他跟她说的是另一套 |
[46:07] | Let me have the Barber file! | 把巴伯的材料给我 |
[46:08] | It’s right here. | 给你 |
[46:10] | Move my lunch to 1:30. | 把我的午餐改到一点半 |
[46:16] | What’s… | 什么是 |
[46:19] | “Exit Goat”? | “退场羊” |
[46:21] | Exit Ghost. It’s the name of my theater company. | 退场幽灵 是我剧团的名字 |
[46:24] | You’re a director? | 你是导演 |
[46:25] | Theater director, yeah. | 戏剧导演 是的 |
[46:27] | Anything I’ve seen? | 有我看过的剧吗 |
[46:28] | I don’t know. What have you seen? | 我不知道 你看过什么剧 |
[46:32] | Our production of Electra is moving to Broadway… | 我们的《厄勒克特拉》要到百老汇演出了 |
[46:35] | which is exciting. | 我们很激动 |
[46:36] | We have to make sure that money is protected. | 我们得保护好这笔钱 |
[46:39] | I mean, it’s theater, so it’s not a lot of money. | 搞戏剧赚不到多少钱的 |
[46:41] | I basically put whatever money I make back in the theater. | 我基本上把赚的钱都投到剧团里了 |
[46:44] | I wonder, do we ask for support? | 我在想 我们是不是该要抚养费 |
[46:48] | – Interesting. – From Nicole? | -有意思 -让妮可给吗 |
[46:50] | I’m not going to do that. | 我不会这么做的 |
[46:51] | Does your wife’s family have money? | 你妻子家里有钱吗 |
[46:55] | Her mother has some from her TV career. | 她母亲以前演电视剧赚了些钱 |
[46:57] | And her father died. | 她父亲去世了 |
[46:59] | Well, we could say that we don’t want her mother to see the kid, | 我们可以主张不让她母亲见孩子 |
[47:03] | draw her into the case. | 把她拉进这个案子 |
[47:05] | In that instance, her mother could pay your legal fees. | 那样的话 她母亲可以付你的诉讼费用 |
[47:09] | No. | 不行 |
[47:10] | I’m very close to her mom. | 我跟她母亲关系很好 |
[47:12] | Nicole’s family has been my family… | 妮可的家人就是我的家人 |
[47:13] | Yeah, but that’s going to change. | 是 但以后就不是了 |
[47:15] | And I suggest you get used to it. | 我建议你赶紧接受这个现实 |
[47:18] | We need to hire a private investigator. | 我们要雇个私家侦探 |
[47:20] | Really? I mean… | 真的吗 我是说 |
[47:23] | – Really? – Does your wife do drugs or anything? | -真的要这样吗 -你妻子吸毒吗 |
[47:26] | Coke? | 可卡因 |
[47:27] | Not in any real way. | 吸得不多 |
[47:28] | Well, we’re not going to win if she’s the perfect mother. | 如果她是个完美的母亲我们就赢不了了 |
[47:31] | She was addicted to Tums for a while. | 有一阵子她吃胃药上瘾 |
[47:35] | It wasn’t nothing. She was up to a tube a day. | 那不算什么 她一天最多吃一瓶 |
[47:38] | Have you noticed anyone following you? | 你有注意到有人跟踪你吗 |
[47:40] | No. | 没有 |
[47:42] | Well, keep an eye out. | 那多留意一下 |
[47:43] | Look, you need to be prepared for the fact | 你要做好准备 |
[47:46] | that Nora is going to portray you as a neglectful, absent father. | 诺拉会把你描绘成一个忽略孩子 不顾家的父亲 |
[47:50] | – But I’m not. – You live in New York. | -我并不是 -你住在纽约 |
[47:53] | You’re consumed with your work. | 你工作很忙 |
[47:55] | She and your kid are out here, struggling. | 她和你的孩子独自留在这里 生活得很艰难 |
[47:58] | Nora’s going to use that strategy. I’m sure of it. | 诺拉会采取这个策略 我肯定 |
[48:01] | But Nicole’s not going to lie. | 但是妮可不会说谎的 |
[48:03] | Listen, if we start from a place of reasonable, | 听着 如果我们讲理 |
[48:06] | and they start from a place of crazy, | 他们不讲理 |
[48:08] | when we settle, we’ll be somewhere between reasonable and crazy. | 达成协议时 我们就会介乎讲理和不讲理之间 |
[48:12] | Which is still crazy. | 仍然是不讲理 |
[48:13] | Half of crazy is crazy. | 半不讲理就是不讲理 |
[48:15] | You know what people say, | 俗话说 |
[48:16] | “Criminal lawyers see bad people at their best, | “刑事辩护律师看的是坏人最善良的一面 |
[48:18] | divorce lawyers see good people at their worst.” | 离婚律师看的是好人最丑陋的一面” |
[48:20] | Before this is all over, you’re going to hate me and Ted, | 这一切还没结束 你就会开始恨我和泰德 |
[48:23] | just because of what we represent in your life. | 因为我们代表着你生活中最丑陋的一面 |
[48:26] | I’m sure you’re right. | 我相信你说的 |
[48:27] | So tell me the story again. You came out here to see your kid. | 再跟我说一遍你的故事 你来这里看孩子 |
[48:30] | – Maybe I’m not explaining this well. – She serves you. | -也许我没解释清楚 -她向你递交了文件 |
[48:32] | We’re friendly, we’re fine. | 我们很友好 我们很好 |
[48:33] | – What a bitch. – We’re just trying to figure this out. | -真是个婊子 -我们就想把问题解决了 |
[48:34] | She’s not a bitch. | 她不是婊子 |
[48:36] | Thanks, but this isn’t… | 谢谢 但这不是… |
[48:37] | We’re doing it a different way. | 我们换个方式解决 |
[48:39] | And… I can’t even close to afford this. | 再说费用这么贵我根本付不起 |
[48:42] | I’ve got to get back to New York. | 我得回纽约了 |
[48:43] | I have a Broadway play in rehearsals. | 我还要排演百老汇的剧呢 |
[48:50] | I was the hot shit at that time. | 我那时可是大红人 |
[48:53] | Young, very sexy, with a great head of hair. | 年轻 特别性感 一头秀发 |
[48:58] | I just so appreciate that Charlie gave me this opportunity. | 我非常感激查理给了我这个机会 |
[49:01] | Or maybe I should thank Nicole. | 或者我应该感激妮可 |
[49:03] | I heard Nicole’s pilot went to series, | 我听说妮可的试播集要拍成电视剧了 |
[49:04] | so she’s moving to LA. | 所以她要搬去洛杉矶了 |
[49:05] | And they put Henry in school out there. | 他们把亨利送去了那边的学校 |
[49:07] | Well, is Charlie moving too? | 查理也要搬去吗 |
[49:08] | Not Charlie. | 查理不去 |
[49:09] | He won’t abandon us. | 他不会抛弃我们的 |
[49:11] | And you can’t do theater in LA. | 而且剧团在洛杉矶也搞不起来 |
[49:12] | Charlie said she and Henry are coming back to New York | 查理说她拍完剧就会和亨利一起 |
[49:15] | when she finishes filming her show. | 搬回纽约 |
[49:17] | I wouldn’t be so sure. | 我觉得不一定 |
[49:18] | Nicole was never going to stay in New York, that was obvious. | 显然妮可一直不想留在纽约 |
[49:21] | She was probably planning this move all along. | 她可能早就在计划这次搬家了 |
[49:23] | When she sees an opportunity, believe me, she takes it. | 相信我 她会抓住一切机会 |
[49:27] | Well, LA is nice. | 洛杉矶挺好的 |
[49:29] | The space. | 空间大 |
[49:30] | Miss Four Time Oscar winner, sucking my… | 获得四次奥斯卡的影后 舔我的… |
[49:33] | Okay, how is everyone today? | 大家今天还好吗 |
[49:36] | Nobody get too close. I think I caught Donna’s cold. | 别靠太近 我被唐娜传染了感冒 |
[49:38] | – Sorry, Charlie. – I’m expecting a Skype call from Henry, | -抱歉 查理 -我在等亨利跟我视频 |
[49:41] | so I might have to step out. | 一会儿可能要失陪一下 |
[49:44] | So, Charlie, what you’re going through now | 查理 你现在经受的事 |
[49:46] | is going to be horrible, but it will be over. | 会很可怕 但总会结束的 |
[49:50] | Thanks, Frank. | 谢谢 弗兰克 |
[49:51] | – Another thing. – Yeah? | -还有一件事 -什么 |
[49:53] | Fuck as many people as you can right now. | 趁现在多找几个人上床 |
[49:57] | Women, men. | 女人 男人都行 |
[50:00] | – Take what I said seriously. – You might need help wrapping gauze. | -你认真考虑一下 -绷带可能得找人帮缠一下 |
[50:02] | – It needs to stay tight. – Okay, I’m… I’m confused. | -得紧一点 -好吧 我搞不太清楚 |
[50:05] | What… scene is the Invisible Man outfit for? | 这套隐形人服装是哪一幕用的 |
[50:07] | No, that’s my Halloween costume. | 不 那是我的万圣节服装 |
[50:09] | And the Frankenstein is for Henry. | 科学怪人服装是给亨利的 |
[50:14] | He’s coming here this weekend. | 他这周末要来 |
[50:15] | We’re going to trick or treat in the Slope. | 我们要去公园坡讨糖 |
[50:17] | 二人均为导演 均拍摄过科学怪人改编影片 | |
[50:17] | I made it more James Whale than Kenneth Branagh. | 我做的更接近詹姆斯·怀勒版本 而非肯尼斯·布拉纳 |
[50:19] | – Perfect. – Can I talk to you? | -很好 -我能跟你谈谈吗 |
[50:22] | Yeah, over… | 行 去… |
[50:24] | I’ve typed up the blocking from the last two rehearsals, | 我已经把前两次排练的走位都打出来了 |
[50:27] | and here are the director notes from that Danish production from the ’70s. | 这是七十年代丹麦版的导演注释 |
[50:32] | Where’d you find it? | 你在哪里找到的 |
[50:33] | The library, duh. | 图书馆 |
[50:36] | Can I come over tonight? | 我今晚能过去吗 |
[50:38] | Mary Ann, it’s too hard now. | 玛丽·安 现在太艰难了 |
[50:40] | I just can’t be with anyone right now. | 我现在没法和任何人在一起 |
[50:42] | But we did it when you were married | 但你还没离婚我们就做过 |
[50:43] | and we shouldn’t have done it. | 那时我们就不该做的 |
[50:45] | And now that you’re not married, shouldn’t we be doing it? | 现在你已经离婚了 我们不该做吗 |
[50:47] | I’m not not married yet. | 我现在还没有离婚 |
[50:51] | You’re torturing yourself. | 你这是在折磨自己 |
[50:53] | Just make sure everything doesn’t go to hell. | 你盯着剧团别出乱子就行 |
[50:56] | – I’m relying on you, okay? – Fine. | -我就指望你了 好吗 -好 |
[50:58] | – Thanks. – I wish you’d accept generosity better. | -谢谢 -我希望你能多接受别人的好意 |
[51:01] | Hold on. Let me… | 等等 让我… |
[51:03] | – Hello? – Is this Charlie Barber? | -你好 -是查理·巴伯吗 |
[51:05] | Yes. | 是 |
[51:06] | Hi, this is Nora Fanshaw. | 你好 我是诺拉·范肖 |
[51:08] | I represent your wife, Nicole Barber. | 我是你妻子妮可·巴伯的代理律师 |
[51:10] | – Hi. – Do you have an attorney yet? | -你好 -你现在找到律师了吗 |
[51:12] | No. | 没有 |
[51:13] | Okay, then it’s okay for me to talk to you directly, okay? | 那么我可以直接和你谈话 好吗 |
[51:15] | Okay. | 好 |
[51:17] | I’m calling because we haven’t | 我打电话来是因为 |
[51:18] | received your response to our filing. | 我们还没收到你的回复 |
[51:20] | Yeah, I’ve been rehearsing this play | 我最近一直忙于排演戏剧 |
[51:22] | and flying back and forth to LA. | 还有坐飞机来回往返洛杉矶 |
[51:23] | You’re going to need to file your response. | 你必须作出书面回复 |
[51:27] | Nicole said there was no rush. | 妮可说不用着急 |
[51:29] | It’s been more than 30 days | 你收到我方文书 |
[51:30] | since you were served. | 已超过三十天 |
[51:32] | By law, you’re meant to respond within 30 days. | 法律规定你应当在三十天内回复 |
[51:33] | I didn’t like the first lawyer I met. | 我不喜欢我第一次约见的律师 |
[51:35] | It says that very clearly on the document you were given. | 你收到的文件上写得很清楚 |
[51:37] | Did you read it? | 你看过了吗 |
[51:38] | Yeah, but I thought that’s just what it says. | 看了 但我以为只是字面上说说 |
[51:40] | We weren’t even going to do it with lawyers. | 我们本来没打算请律师 |
[51:43] | Charlie, I think I shouldn’t tuck in my shirt. | 查理 我觉得我不应该把我的衬衫塞进去 |
[51:46] | Nicole said I could take my time. | 妮可说我可以慢慢来 |
[51:47] | And we’ve let you take your time. | 我们已经让你慢慢来了 |
[51:48] | – It comes out during the love scene. – Could you hold a second? | -拍床戏时它总是跑出来 -你能等等吗 |
[51:51] | What love scene? | 什么床戏 |
[51:52] | When I hug Beth. | 我抱贝丝那一幕 |
[51:53] | You don’t hug Beth. | 你没有抱贝丝的戏 |
[51:54] | I think it’s something we should explore. | 我想我们应该在这里拓展一下 |
[51:57] | Can’t you just tuck it in tighter or get Donna to safety pin it? | 你就不能塞得更紧点 或者让唐娜别个别针吗 |
[51:59] | I also have a kind of a thing | 而且我很讨厌 |
[52:01] | – about tucking things in. – Charlie? | -把东西塞进去 -查理 |
[52:04] | If you don’t file your response, | 如果你不书面回复 |
[52:05] | we’re going to file a request for default judgment against you. | 我们就将申请对你进行缺席审判 |
[52:08] | …insecurities about my figure. | …我对自己的身材缺乏自信 |
[52:11] | – Charlie? – Yes, sorry. | -查理 -在 抱歉 |
[52:12] | Default judgment, what does that mean? Don’t hug Beth. | 缺席审判 那是什么意思 别抱贝丝 |
[52:14] | We’ll be able to lay claim to whatever we want. | 我们能够索要想要的一切 |
[52:17] | W-What do you mean, whatever you want of what? | 什么意思 你们想要什么一切 |
[52:18] | Your apartment, your things, everything you own. | 你的公寓 你的东西 你拥有的一切 |
[52:21] | We… | 我们… |
[52:22] | She and I already discussed this. We don’t own that much stuff. | 我和她已经讨论过这点了 我们没多少东西 |
[52:25] | She can have pretty much whatever she wants. | 她想拿走什么都行 |
[52:26] | And it means we’ll set the number | 这意味着我们能申请 |
[52:27] | for child support at its highest level | 最高标准的儿童抚养费 |
[52:29] | and claim full custody of your child. | 并且主张孩子的完全监护权 |
[52:34] | Full custody? | 完全监护权 |
[52:36] | – I mean, that’s not even… – This is what the law says. | -那不… -法律是这样规定的 |
[52:40] | Nicole’s not going to do that. I mean, she won’t. | 妮可不会那么做的 不会的 |
[52:43] | No, Charlie, I represent Nicole, | 不 查理 我代表妮可 |
[52:45] | and she’s aware of everything I’m saying to you. | 我告知你的每句话她都知晓 |
[52:47] | I just spoke to her this morning. | 我今早才跟她聊过 |
[52:49] | Well, I spoke to her five minutes before I got on the call. | 我打来电话的五分钟前刚跟她聊过 |
[52:55] | Okay, so what do I do? | 好吧 那我该怎么做 |
[52:56] | You need to get a lawyer and respond immediately. | 你得找个律师 然后立刻回复 |
[52:59] | Nicole wants to do this amicably, | 妮可想要和平解决这件事 |
[53:01] | but you’re leaving us no other option. | 但你让我们别无选择 |
[53:02] | I’ll get a lawyer. Can I get a lawyer here? | 我会找律师的 我能在这里找吗 |
[53:04] | – I don’t know where “Here” Is. – New York. | -我不知道”这里”是哪里 -纽约 |
[53:07] | That’s what all that honking is? | 怪不得有这么多喇叭声 |
[53:09] | No, you’ll have to come to LA and meet people in LA. | 不行 你得来洛杉矶 在洛杉矶找律师 |
[53:11] | I’m rehearsing a… | 我在排演… |
[53:12] | If you don’t respond in Los Angeles by Friday, | 如果你不在周五前于洛杉矶做出回复 |
[53:14] | you’ll leave us no choice. | 我们就别无选择了 |
[53:16] | Wh… which line? | 哪条线 |
[53:18] | I have to take this. Can you hold on a second, Charlie? | 我得接个电话 你能稍等片刻吗 查理 |
[53:48] | Me and Mommy are in the middle of a super secret treasure hunt. | 我和妈妈正在玩超级秘密寻宝游戏 |
[53:52] | – I thought the plane landed at nine. – What are you wearing? | -我以为飞机九点到 -你穿的是什么 |
[53:54] | Sock pants. | 连裤袜 |
[53:55] | It did. What are sock pants? | 的确是九点到 连裤袜是什么 |
[53:57] | He doesn’t like to feel the breeze on his legs. | 他不喜欢风吹在腿上的感觉 |
[53:59] | He dressed himself. | 他自己穿的 |
[54:00] | There are long pants. Can I talk to you? | 那他可以穿长裤 我能跟你谈谈吗 |
[54:02] | It’s almost noon. | 都快中午了 |
[54:03] | There was traffic. We’ve got to get going. | 堵车 我们得走了 |
[54:04] | Why don’t we ever do a treasure hunt? | 我们为什么从来没玩过寻宝 |
[54:06] | Henry, can you wait a minute? | 亨利 你能等等吗 |
[54:07] | No talking alone. | 不许私下谈话 |
[54:08] | Just one bit of talking alone, then I’ll be right there. | 就谈一会 然后我就过去 |
[54:11] | I got a call from your lawyer. | 我接到了你律师打来的电话 |
[54:12] | She said you’d take everything and… | 她说如果我不回复 |
[54:16] | custody and everything if I didn’t respond. | 你就会拿走一切以及孩子的抚养权 |
[54:18] | It’s better if we just let the lawyers do this. | 我们最好让律师处理这事 |
[54:20] | Yeah, but she’s saying things I don’t think you mean. | 对 但我觉得她说的话不是你的本意 |
[54:22] | Henry, we need to get going. | 亨利 我们得走了 |
[54:24] | I don’t want to go now. | 我现在不想走 |
[54:26] | – Have you gotten a lawyer yet? – That’s what I’m here to do. | -你找到律师了吗 -我来这里就是为了这事 |
[54:28] | Come on, Henry. I’m in a rush. | 快来 亨利 我赶时间 |
[54:30] | I have three more clues. | 我还有三个线索 |
[54:31] | Why did you start a treasure hunt | 你为什么要在我快到的时候 |
[54:32] | or whatever so close to my arrival? | 开始玩寻宝游戏 |
[54:33] | – Cool. – You were late. We were killing time. | -真酷 -你迟到了 我们在打发时间 |
[54:36] | Honey, come. We’re going to finish the treasure hunt later. | 宝贝 快来 我们回头再玩寻宝游戏 |
[54:38] | – I’m going to be rich! – Okay. | -我要发财了 -好 |
[54:40] | You’re going to go with your daddy, it’s going to be fun. | 你跟着爸爸 会很好玩的 |
[54:42] | And I’ve got a present for you when you get back as a reward. | 我准备了礼物 回来就奖励给你 |
[54:46] | He’s not going to the dentist. | 他又不是去看牙医 |
[54:47] | – I’m trying to help. – I’m staying here. | -我就是想帮忙 -我要留在这里 |
[54:49] | Come on. | 走吧 |
[54:54] | Henry? | 亨利 |
[55:00] | – Got the booster? – I have a booster. | -装了儿童增高座椅吗 -装了 |
[55:05] | Oh, wait, no, it’s not in. | 等一下 没弄好 |
[55:07] | What’s not in? | 什么没弄好 |
[55:08] | The seat’s not connected. | 座椅没固定好 |
[55:13] | I asked the rental company to install it. | 我让租车公司装了 |
[55:15] | Yeah, I think they can’t for liability reasons. | 他们不能装 装了就要担责任了 |
[55:18] | – Do you know how these things… – Let me just… if you… | -你知道要怎么… -我来…你把… |
[55:20] | – There should be a clip to clip onto. – …dig… | -应该可以卡住的 -底下… |
[55:29] | Fuck! | 妈的 |
[55:30] | – Why “Fuck?” – Something sharp. | -为什么骂人 -扎到我了 |
[55:31] | – Can’t I stay with Mom? – No. | -我不能和妈妈待在一起吗 -不行 |
[55:33] | Why not? | 为什么不行 |
[55:34] | It’s my time with you. I just flew 3,000 miles. | 轮到我陪你了 我飞了快五千公里过来 |
[55:36] | I don’t want to. | 我不想去 |
[55:37] | Henry, get in the fucking car! | 亨利 赶紧上车 |
[55:41] | I’m sorry, but Jesus, get in the fucking car. | 抱歉 但是赶紧上车 |
[55:48] | How do you spell Lego Bionicles? | 乐高生化战士怎么拼 |
[55:50] | That’s two words. What does Lego start with? | 那是两个词 乐高是哪个字母开头的 |
[55:53] | Just tell me. | 告诉我嘛 |
[55:54] | – Don’t you want to learn it? – No. | -你不想学吗 -不想 |
[55:55] | – It’s on the box, anyway. – L… | -反正就印在盒子上 -是”L” |
[55:57] | Then what? | 然后呢 |
[55:58] | E… you know, everyone at the theater says hi. | 是”E” 剧团的人都托我跟你打招呼 |
[56:02] | Then what? | 然后是什么 |
[56:02] | A “G-g-g” sound. | 是”咯”声的字母 |
[56:04] | – Are you excited for Halloween? – J? | -你期待万圣节吗 -是”J”吗 |
[56:07] | G. | 是”G” |
[56:07] | – Then what? – And an “O” Sound. | -然后呢 -然后是”欧”的音 |
[56:09] | – O? – Are you excited for Halloween? | -“O”吗 -你期待万圣节吗 |
[56:11] | Yeah. | 期待 |
[56:12] | I brought both our costumes. | 我带了我们俩的服装 |
[56:14] | I’m going as a store-bought ninja. | 我要穿商店买来的忍者装 |
[56:16] | But we agreed. I had Donna make you a Frankenstein. | 但我们说好了 我让唐娜给你做了科学怪人服装 |
[56:18] | I don’t want to be a Frankenstein anymore. | 我不想扮成科学怪人了 |
[56:21] | Are you sure? | 你确定吗 |
[56:23] | Maybe just look at it. | 先看看再说 |
[56:25] | It’s awesome. We’ll be Frankenstein and the Invisible Man. | 很棒的 我们会扮成科学怪人和隐形人 |
[56:27] | Mom bought me a ninja costume, | 妈妈给我买了忍者服 |
[56:30] | which is better because it costs more. | 它更好 因为更贵 |
[56:32] | Technically, the Frankenstein cost more | 理论上来说 把唐娜花的时间 |
[56:34] | when you factor in Donna’s time and the materials. | 还有材料算进去的话 科学怪人服装更贵 |
[56:36] | The cousins are also going to be ninjas. | 表兄妹们也要扮成忍者 |
[56:38] | But Henry, we went through all this trouble. | 可是我们花了那么大力气 亨利 |
[56:44] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[56:45] | Whatever you want. | 随便你吧 |
[56:51] | Please take the ticket. | 请取票 |
[56:58] | – Dad, you’re too far. – I know. | -爸爸 你离太远了 -我知道 |
[57:00] | Please take the ticket. | 请取票 |
[57:09] | So, I’m not comfortable leaving the bags in the car | 我不放心把包留在车上 |
[57:11] | where I’ve given the key to someone I don’t really know. | 因为我把车钥匙给了不认识的人 |
[57:13] | I’ve been here. | 我来过这里 |
[57:15] | It’s an office building, | 这是个办公楼 |
[57:16] | so you’ve been to places like this before. | 你肯定去过类似的地方 |
[57:19] | I remember those fish. | 我记得这些鱼 |
[57:21] | A lot of fish look the same. | 鱼看起来都差不多 |
[57:23] | Can I help you? | 有什么事吗 |
[57:24] | I’m Charlie Barber. I have a 1:30 with Dan Cohen. | 我是查理·巴伯 和丹·科恩约了一点半 |
[57:28] | Where’s your little man? | 你的玩偶在哪 |
[57:29] | I don’t have it this time. I keep my skeletons at my mom’s. | 我这次没带 我把骷髅放在我妈妈家 |
[57:32] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[57:35] | Okay. | 好的 |
[57:36] | I’m sorry. We tried to reach you. | 抱歉 我们尝试过联系你 |
[57:38] | Mr. Cohen wanted me to apologize. | 科恩先生想让我代他道歉 |
[57:40] | He can’t see you because apparently your wife | 他不能见你 因为显然你妻子 |
[57:42] | already met with him on the 7th of August about representation. | 已经和他在8月7日见面谈过代理一事了 |
[57:46] | But she hired somebody else. | 但她雇了别人 |
[57:49] | – Nora… – Fanshaw? | -诺拉 -范肖吗 |
[57:50] | But unfortunately, because she consulted with Mr. Cohen already, | 但很遗憾 因为她已经找科恩先生咨询过 |
[57:53] | he’s legally barred from representing you. | 根据法律 他不能再为你辩护 |
[57:56] | – Should we feed the fish? – Yeah. | -我们来喂鱼吧 -好 |
[57:59] | – It happens all the time. – Really? | -这种事情很常见 -是吗 |
[58:01] | If you have a ticket, I can validate your parking. | 你有停车票的话我可以帮你免去停车费 |
[58:05] | You know, it’s common that people meet with as many lawyers as possible | 人们尽可能多地见律师是很常见的 |
[58:08] | so that their spouse has limited options. | 这样他们配偶的选择就会很有限 |
[58:10] | I don’t think she would’ve done it deliberately. | 我不认为她会故意那么做 |
[58:12] | You’d be surprised. | 你太天真了 |
[58:14] | Can all of them, like, breathe out of the water? | 它们出水能呼吸吗 |
[58:18] | Did you go to a lot of offices with your mom? | 你和妈妈去了很多办公室吗 |
[58:20] | Not so many. | 没有特别多 |
[58:23] | Like 11. | 十一个吧 |
[58:24] | I don’t think anyone would have stealed the bags, Daddy. | 我不认为会有人偷包 爸爸 |
[58:27] | I need somebody today. | 我今天得找到律师 |
[58:28] | If I don’t respond by tomorrow, she said I could lose custody. | 如果我明天还不回复 她说我会失去监护权 |
[58:31] | I didn’t know who else to call. | 我不知道该打给谁了 |
[58:32] | There’s got to be someone she didn’t meet. | 肯定有她没找过的律师 |
[58:34] | I have a name for you. | 我知道一个人 |
[58:36] | Bert Spitz. | 伯特·斯皮茨 |
[58:38] | He was the entertainment lawyer at Roberto’s agency. | 他曾是罗伯托经纪公司的娱乐业律师 |
[58:42] | Great. | 太好了 |
[58:43] | But then he kind of got pushed into retirement a few years ago, | 但他几年前被逼退休 |
[58:47] | and he went into family law. | 然后转向了家庭法领域 |
[58:49] | – I called him. – Thank you, G-ma. | -我联系了他 -谢谢你 外婆 |
[58:51] | – He can see you today at three. – Shit. | -他今天三点能见你 -妈的 |
[58:54] | We never had this conversation, Charlie-bird. | 我们从未有过这次谈话 小查理 |
[58:57] | You got it. I love you. | 没问题 我爱你 |
[58:58] | Dad! | 爸爸 |
[58:59] | – I need a new burger. – Why? | -我得再买一个汉堡 -为什么 |
[59:02] | Because you made us carry your bags into the restaurant, | 因为你让我们俩扛着包进餐厅 |
[59:05] | I dropped it. | 我把汉堡弄掉了 |
[59:07] | That’s fine. I’ll give you mine. Get in the car. | 没事 把我的给你 上车吧 |
[59:10] | Why did you bring me today if you couldn’t hang out with me? | 你今天不能和我玩为什么还带上我 |
[59:13] | Because I’ve been away and want to see you. | 因为我之前一直不在 我想见你 |
[59:16] | Jamie Tuber has a little sister | 杰米·蒂贝有个妹妹 |
[59:19] | named Lily Tuber. | 叫莉莉·蒂贝 |
[59:22] | – Yeah. – And Lily Tuber is really bossy. | -嗯 -莉莉·蒂贝真的很蛮横 |
[59:26] | Getting divorced with a kid | 带着孩子离婚 |
[59:27] | can be one of the hardest things you’ll ever do. | 可能会是你做过最艰难的事 |
[59:32] | It’s like a death without a body. | 就像是没有尸体的死亡 |
[59:36] | I know personally. I’ve been there four different times. | 我有切身体会 我经历过四次 |
[59:39] | You’ve been divorced four times? | 你离了四次婚吗 |
[59:41] | Married four times. | 结了四次婚 |
[59:42] | Three divorces. | 离了三次 |
[59:44] | This last one will stick, God willing. | 上帝保佑最后一次会长久 |
[59:47] | That’s why I graduated into family law, | 这正是我转向家庭法领域的原因 |
[59:50] | to help people survive this painful time. | 帮助人们熬过这段痛苦的时间 |
[59:54] | Here’s how I see it. | 我是这么看的 |
[59:56] | If we get bogged down in “Who did this,” and “Who did that,” | 如果我们一直纠缠于”谁做了这个谁做了那个” |
[59:59] | and “I don’t want to pay the two dollars,” | 还有”我不想付那两美元” |
[1:00:01] | it’ll just cost you more money and time and… | 这只会让你花费更多钱与时间 |
[1:00:05] | emotional stress, | 还有情感压力 |
[1:00:06] | and you’ll probably end up with the same result anyway. | 可能最终还是同样的结果 |
[1:00:08] | Right. | 没错 |
[1:00:10] | I mean, I agree with that philosophy. She does too, I’m sure. | 我认同这一看法 我相信她也是 |
[1:00:13] | And I always go with the truth, no matter where that takes us. | 我总是依照事实 不管结果会如何 |
[1:00:16] | You know, most people in my business make up the truth | 我这行大多人伪造事实 |
[1:00:18] | so they can get where they need to go. | 以实现自己的目的 |
[1:00:20] | You’re just transactions to them. | 你对他们来说只是交易 |
[1:00:23] | I-I like to think of you as people. | 我喜欢把你们当人看 |
[1:00:25] | Okay, good. | 挺好的 |
[1:00:26] | And not just you, her too. | 不只是你 她也是 |
[1:00:28] | Yes. | 对 |
[1:00:29] | You know, this can be a really ugly process. | 这过程可能会闹得很难看 |
[1:00:31] | But I also believe it doesn’t have to be terrible. | 但我也相信不必闹得不可收场 |
[1:00:34] | I’m glad to hear you say that. | 我很高兴听你这么说 |
[1:00:37] | I’d love to keep expenses down as much as possible. | 我想尽可能减少开支 |
[1:00:40] | Of course you do. | 当然 |
[1:00:41] | I charge 450 an hour and I need a $10,000 retainer to start. | 我收费是每小时四百五十美元 需要一万预付金 |
[1:00:46] | I’ll see if I can get an advance on the Broadway transfer. | 我看看能不能预支百老汇的收入 |
[1:00:49] | And keep in mind, you’ll have to pay for her lawyer. | 记住了 你还得付她的律师费 |
[1:00:53] | I didn’t… | 我不… |
[1:00:56] | – What? – Well, at least part of her. | -什么 -至少一部分 |
[1:00:58] | It doesn’t make sense, does it? | 这没道理 是不是 |
[1:01:00] | I mean, you’re doing this because you love your kid. | 你这么做是因为爱孩子 |
[1:01:04] | And in doing so, you’re draining money from your kid’s education. | 可这么做的同时却消耗了用于孩子教育的钱 |
[1:01:07] | – It seems ridiculous. – It is. | -太荒谬了 -确实 |
[1:01:09] | It is, boy. | 确实 年轻人 |
[1:01:12] | We’ll have to respond right away. | 我们必须马上回复 |
[1:01:15] | Your son goes to school out here? | 你儿子在这里上学吗 |
[1:01:17] | Yeah, temporarily. We agreed. | 是的 暂时的 我们说好了 |
[1:01:20] | Her pilot went to series and I wanted to accommodate her, | 她的试播集要拍成电视剧了 我想迁就她 |
[1:01:22] | as she’s often felt we do things on my terms. | 因为她经常觉得我们总按我的想法做 |
[1:01:25] | Be a better husband in divorce. | 在离婚时做个更好的丈夫 |
[1:01:27] | I guess something like that, but we live in New York. | 大概吧 但我们住在纽约 |
[1:01:31] | Well, with your kid going to school out here, | 因为你孩子在这里上学 |
[1:01:33] | the court may see it differently. | 法庭可能不会这么认为 |
[1:01:35] | Will we go to court? | 我们会上法庭吗 |
[1:01:36] | No, no, we don’t want to go to court. | 不 我们可不想上法庭 |
[1:01:38] | The courts in California are a disaster. | 加州的法庭就是灾难 |
[1:01:40] | No, that’s just how we have to think about it. | 不 我们只是得考虑到这一点 |
[1:01:42] | I’m not sure these are my glasses. | 这应该不是我的眼镜 |
[1:01:45] | Where are you living while you’re here? | 你在这里时住哪 |
[1:01:46] | I’m in a hotel right now. | 我现在住在酒店 |
[1:01:48] | No, a hotel doesn’t look good. | 不 酒店看起来不太妙 |
[1:01:49] | – To who? – The court. | -谁看 -法庭 |
[1:01:51] | You just said we weren’t going to go to court. | 你刚刚说我们不会上法庭 |
[1:01:53] | No, of course, of course. | 不 当然 当然 |
[1:01:54] | We have to prepare to go to court, hoping we don’t go to court. | 我们必须做好上庭的准备 希望不会上庭 |
[1:01:57] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[1:01:58] | You should get a place in LA. | 你应该在洛杉矶找个住处 |
[1:02:00] | And get a place near her. It looks better for custody reasons. | 在她附近的房子 对争夺监护权更有利 |
[1:02:03] | She’s in West Hollywood. That’ll be expensive. | 她住在西好莱坞 房租很贵 |
[1:02:05] | I-I guess I could rent our New York apartment. | 我想我可以把我们在纽约的公寓租出去 |
[1:02:07] | Don’t rent it. | 不要出租 |
[1:02:08] | You have to continue to prove New York residence. | 你必须继续证明你们是住在纽约的 |
[1:02:11] | And of course, if you have a place in LA, | 当然 如果你在洛杉矶有住处 |
[1:02:13] | it’s hard to show you all live in New York, isn’t it? | 就很难证明你们都住在纽约 是吧 |
[1:02:15] | So… | 那… |
[1:02:17] | what do I do? | 我该怎么做 |
[1:02:18] | I recommend you spend as much time as you can with your son. | 我建议你尽可能多地陪伴你儿子 |
[1:02:23] | Many people fight for that time, | 许多人争取监护时间 |
[1:02:25] | then they don’t even use it. | 然后又根本不用 |
[1:02:27] | They just want to win. | 他们只是想赢 |
[1:02:28] | This shouldn’t be that complicated, right? | 事情没那么复杂 对吧 |
[1:02:30] | I mean, we’re a New York family. | 我们家住在纽约 |
[1:02:32] | I think it’s all pretty straightforward. Right? | 我觉得一切都很清楚 不是吗 |
[1:02:36] | I hope so, yes. | 我希望是 |
[1:02:38] | I see no reason… | 我觉得没理由… |
[1:02:40] | You both love your child. | 你们两个都爱孩子 |
[1:02:44] | You respect each other. | 你们尊重对方 |
[1:02:45] | Why this shouldn’t be relatively pain-free. | 这过程没理由会很痛苦 |
[1:02:47] | Right. | 没错 |
[1:02:49] | I think you have my glasses. | 你戴的应该是我的眼镜 |
[1:02:53] | That makes sense. | 怪不得 |
[1:02:55] | – What have you been doing? – Reading this magazine. | -你在做什么 -看这本杂志 |
[1:02:58] | You were reading California Lawyer? | 你在看《加州律师》吗 |
[1:03:00] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[1:03:01] | Okay, I’m almost done. | 好 我就快结束了 |
[1:03:04] | I wouldn’t expect too much from that cat. | 我不会对那只猫期待太高 |
[1:03:08] | – What kind of pet do you want? – I don’t know… | -你想养什么宠物 -不知道 |
[1:03:11] | I want you to know that eventually this will all be over, | 我希望你知道这一切终究会结束 |
[1:03:14] | and whatever we win or lose… | 不管我们这次是赢是输 |
[1:03:16] | it’ll be the two of you having to figure this out together. | 都该是你们两个人一起解决这事 |
[1:03:20] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[1:03:21] | You’re the first person in this process who’s spoken to me like a human. | 你是这个过程中第一个把我当人看的 |
[1:03:30] | You remind me of myself on my second marriage. | 你让我想起第二段婚姻中的自己 |
[1:03:36] | Come! Come! Come! Come! | 快过来 快过来 |
[1:03:39] | You have fun with Daddy? | 你和爸爸玩得开心吗 |
[1:03:40] | We drove around to offices. | 我们转了好几个办公室 |
[1:03:42] | Do you want to see your ninja costume? It’s on G-ma’s bed. | 想看看你的忍者服吗 在外婆床上 |
[1:03:45] | – Yeah! – Yeah. | -好呀 -好 |
[1:03:48] | You know, I had Donna build him this whole Frankenstein thing | 我让唐娜给他做了这件科学怪人服装 |
[1:03:51] | with the plugs and… | 带插头什么的 |
[1:03:53] | Yeah, well, the cousins are ninjas, so he wanted to do that… | 他的表兄妹们都扮忍者 所以他也想… |
[1:03:55] | But he and I had decided together. | 但我和他一起决定了扮这个 |
[1:03:57] | Well, I can’t make him be Frankenstein. | 我不能逼他扮科学怪人 |
[1:03:59] | I’m not asking you to, but maybe you can help me out a little. | 我没让逼他 只是你或许能帮我一下 |
[1:04:01] | I’ll leave the Frankenstein here, | 我把这科学怪人服装留在这里 |
[1:04:02] | maybe you can nudge him in that direction. | 或许你能劝他穿这个 |
[1:04:05] | I’ll try. | 我会试试 |
[1:04:07] | What’s the… | 你… |
[1:04:09] | Did you dye your hair again? Is that for your show? | 你又染头发了吗 是为了拍戏吗 |
[1:04:12] | No, this is me. It was this way when I saw you before. | 不 我就是这样 之前见你就是这样 |
[1:04:15] | I know, but I didn’t say anything then. | 我知道 但我那时没说什么 |
[1:04:18] | You don’t like it? | 你不喜欢吗 |
[1:04:19] | No, I guess it’s fine. | 不是 其实还好 |
[1:04:20] | Is it shorter? I prefer longer but… | 剪短了吗 我更喜欢长点 不过… |
[1:04:26] | Sorry, it’s just absurd. | 抱歉 有点可笑 |
[1:04:28] | Is everything okay? | 没事吧 |
[1:04:29] | Yeah. Why? | 没事 怎么了 |
[1:04:31] | You seem, I don’t know, like something is… | 你看着…像有事… |
[1:04:34] | Everything’s fine. | 一切都好 |
[1:04:37] | Okay, I’m going to check in at the hotel, | 好吧 我去酒店办理入住 |
[1:04:39] | but I should be able to get to you guys by 5:00, 5:30… | 不过应该能五点或五点半来找你们 |
[1:04:41] | We’re going to Cassie’s in Pasadena | 我们要去凯西家 在帕萨迪纳 |
[1:04:45] | and trick-or-treating with the cousins. | 和他的表兄妹们一起去讨糖 |
[1:04:46] | Cassie lives in Pasadena now? | 凯西现在住在帕萨迪纳了吗 |
[1:04:47] | Yes. She and Sam moved there a couple months ago. | 是的 她和山姆几个月前搬去了那里 |
[1:04:50] | Okay, I don’t really know Pasadena. | 好吧 我对帕萨迪纳不怎么熟 |
[1:04:51] | I’ll figure it out. | 我会搞清楚 |
[1:04:52] | – Because my mom is looking forward to it… – What’s the address? | -因为我妈很期待 -地址在哪 |
[1:04:54] | – and Cassie and Sam are mad. – I’ll text Sam. | -凯西和山姆生气了 -我给山姆发短信 |
[1:04:56] | – Mad at who? – You. | -生谁的气 -你 |
[1:04:58] | – Cassie and Sam? – You can understand that. | -凯西和山姆吗 -你能理解吧 |
[1:05:00] | So, I think we should probably do separate Halloweens. | 所以我想我们应该各自过万圣节 |
[1:05:02] | But if you’re okay with it, then shouldn’t they be okay with it? | 可是你没意见 他们不也该没意见吗 |
[1:05:05] | – Let’s do it this way this time. – Do you not want me there? | -我们这次就这么做吧 -你不想让我去吗 |
[1:05:07] | I’m fine with it. | 我没问题 |
[1:05:08] | – Okay. – It’ll be nice for him. | -好吧 -这对他来说是好事 |
[1:05:10] | He’ll have two Halloweens. | 他可以过两次万圣节 |
[1:05:12] | What am I going to do with him for second Halloween? | 第二次万圣节我要和他做什么 |
[1:05:14] | Walk around Sunset Boulevard? | 逛日落大道吗 |
[1:05:16] | Maybe the hotel has something. | 或许酒店会有什么活动 |
[1:05:18] | Or you can drive to a different neighborhood. | 或者你可以开车去别的社区 |
[1:05:23] | The sun sets forever. | 太阳永远落下了 |
[1:05:27] | There shall never be another dawn. | 再也不会有黎明 |
[1:05:31] | No! | 不 |
[1:05:34] | Lady… | 小姐 |
[1:05:36] | I require the solace of the shadows… | 我需要阴影 |
[1:05:40] | and the dark! | 和黑暗的抚慰 |
[1:06:01] | Okay, ready for Halloween? | 准备好过万圣节了吗 |
[1:06:06] | Elaborate. | 挺精致嘛 |
[1:06:07] | Sweetheart, don’t forget to wear your jacket. | 宝贝 别忘了穿外套 |
[1:06:09] | It’s getting colder. | 天变冷了 |
[1:06:09] | – This is a nice house. – Ready to go back out? | -这里不错 -准备好再次出门了吗 |
[1:06:11] | – He has to pee. – No, I don’t. | -他得尿尿 -不用尿 |
[1:06:13] | He does. | 他得尿尿 |
[1:06:15] | Some of his men are in here and also Bear-Bear. | 他的一些玩偶在里面 还有一只玩具熊 |
[1:06:17] | You can keep that Bear-Bear, because I got another one. | 那只玩具熊可以归你 因为我还有一只 |
[1:06:19] | Does he know that there are two Bear-Bears? | 他知道有两只玩具熊吗 |
[1:06:20] | It was his idea. | 那就是他的主意 |
[1:06:21] | David Bowie, right? Station to Station? | 你是大卫·鲍伊吧 《站台》 |
[1:06:24] | Let’s Dance. | 起舞吧 |
[1:06:25] | Henry, have a great Halloween with Daddy, okay? | 亨利 和爸爸好好享受万圣节 好吗 |
[1:06:30] | Have fun. | 玩得开心 |
[1:06:34] | Go pee and then we’re going back out. | 快去尿尿 然后我们再出去 |
[1:06:37] | I’m too tired. | 我太累了 |
[1:06:38] | Go pee, and then we’re going to go drive to Halloween. | 去尿尿 我们要开车出去过万圣节 |
[1:06:41] | This block looks promising. | 这条街看起来有戏 |
[1:06:43] | I wish Halloween was over. | 真希望万圣节结束了 |
[1:06:45] | Well, it isn’t. | 还没结束 |
[1:06:47] | If we were in New York, we could be walking. | 我们要是在纽约 就可以步行 |
[1:06:49] | But I like that we’re sitting right now. I like to sit. | 但现在坐着挺好的 我喜欢坐着 |
[1:06:53] | That’s true, Los Angeles does have sitting going for it. | 没错 洛杉矶的人确实喜欢坐着 |
[1:06:57] | I think that’s why I like Los Angeles better. | 我想这就是我更喜欢洛杉矶的原因 |
[1:06:59] | Because you get to sit? | 因为你能坐着吗 |
[1:07:00] | No, because I like my friends here better. | 不 因为我更喜欢这里的朋友 |
[1:07:03] | That’s not true. | 这不是真的 |
[1:07:04] | What about Horatio and Poppy? | 霍雷肖和波比呢 |
[1:07:07] | Horatio doesn’t like me anymore. | 霍雷肖不喜欢我了 |
[1:07:09] | And I don’t like Poppy. | 我不喜欢波比 |
[1:07:11] | Here, I have Axel. | 我在这里有阿克塞尔 |
[1:07:13] | Axel’s hilarious. I think you’d like him, Dad. | 阿克塞尔很有趣 你会喜欢他的 爸爸 |
[1:07:16] | And my family’s here. | 而且我的家人在这里 |
[1:07:19] | Besides you. | 除了你以外的家人 |
[1:07:48] | Everyone’s asleep. | 大家都睡着了 |
[1:08:41] | I need to pee! | 我要尿尿 |
[1:08:48] | Who gave you a lighter? | 这打火机是谁给的 |
[1:08:53] | Lift the seat. | 把坐垫掀起来 |
[1:09:00] | I’m going to have to go back to New York on Monday. | 我周一得回纽约 |
[1:09:03] | Did you flush? | 冲水了吗 |
[1:09:11] | Wash your hands. | 洗手 |
[1:09:13] | Will you play with me? | 你能陪我玩吗 |
[1:09:16] | I’m tired, honey. | 我累了 宝贝 |
[1:09:30] | Did you hear me? I have to go back to New York. | 你听到了吗 我要回纽约 |
[1:09:32] | Watch out! Whoosh! I’m falling! | 小心 嗖 我要掉下来了 |
[1:09:37] | You didn’t catch me. | 你没接住我 |
[1:09:42] | Okay? | 怎么样 |
[1:09:44] | Why aren’t you here more? | 你为什么不在这里待久一点 |
[1:09:47] | I have to work. | 我得工作 |
[1:09:49] | You know my play is opening on Broadway. | 你知道我的剧要在百老汇上演了 |
[1:09:52] | Is it because you don’t want to be near Mom? | 是因为你不想待在妈妈身边吗 |
[1:09:54] | No. You know, like we talked about, | 不是 我们聊过这事了 |
[1:09:56] | we both decided not to be together no matter where we are, | 我们俩决定不管在哪 都不会在一起了 |
[1:09:59] | but we both want to be with you. | 但我们都想跟你在一起 |
[1:10:01] | But you’re not near me if you’re in New York. | 但你要是回纽约 就不在我身边了 |
[1:10:04] | Well, we all still live in New York. | 我们都还住在纽约 |
[1:10:07] | Yeah, but I go to school here. | 嗯 但我在这里上学 |
[1:10:09] | Just for right now. | 暂时如此 |
[1:10:11] | Like that time we were in Copenhagen for my play. | 就像那次我去导演戏剧 我们一家住在哥本哈根 |
[1:10:14] | Remember all those kids in buckets? | 还记得那些在桶里的小孩吗 |
[1:10:16] | I like my school here, | 我喜欢在这里上学 |
[1:10:17] | and Mom says we could stay here if we want. | 妈妈说如果我们愿意 就可以留在这里 |
[1:10:22] | What do you mean? | 什么意思 |
[1:10:25] | She said that? | 她这么说吗 |
[1:10:26] | Yeah. | 对 |
[1:10:54] | – Hello? – Are you moving out here? | -喂 -你要搬到洛杉矶吗 |
[1:10:58] | Did you find a lawyer? | 你找到律师了吗 |
[1:10:59] | Yes. Henry says you’re moving here. | 找了 亨利说你要搬到这里 |
[1:11:01] | Have your lawyer call Nora. | 让你的律师打给诺拉吧 |
[1:11:02] | I want to talk about it as us. | 我想以我们的身份谈谈这件事 |
[1:11:04] | Who the fuck is “us”? | “我们”算什么 |
[1:11:05] | Let’s just get in a room, you and me. | 我们坐下来谈谈吧 就我们俩 |
[1:11:07] | That’s what we always said we’d do. | 我们一直都说要这么做的 |
[1:11:09] | – My lawyers wouldn’t let me – It’s not up to them. | -我的律师不让我 -由不得他们 |
[1:11:10] | – sign anything. – It’s up to us. It’s our divorce. | -签任何东西 -我们说了算 是我们离婚 |
[1:11:12] | They say I could later sue them for malpractice. | 他们说我之后可以控告他们渎职 |
[1:11:14] | What am I walking into? | 我惹上了什么麻烦 |
[1:11:16] | What are you walking into? | 你惹上了什么麻烦 |
[1:11:17] | Yes, what the fuck is going on?! | 对 这他妈怎么回事 |
[1:11:19] | I read your fucking emails, Charlie! I read them all. | 我看了你的电邮 查理 我都看了 |
[1:11:23] | – When? – I don’t know, recently. | -什么时候 -不知道 就在最近 |
[1:11:25] | – Shit. – You’re a fucking liar. | -靠 -你个死的骗子 |
[1:11:26] | You fucked Mary Ann! | 你上了玛丽·安 |
[1:11:28] | It was after I was sleeping on the couch. | 那是在我睡沙发之后 |
[1:11:29] | All this bullshit about working on us. | 你说要解决我们的问题都是屁话 |
[1:11:31] | You know what? I have been working. | 你知道吗 我一直在努力解决 |
[1:11:33] | I’ve been doing the work alone. | 我一直在孤军奋战 |
[1:11:34] | How did you read my emails? | 你怎么能看到我的电邮 |
[1:11:36] | I hacked into your account, you dumb fuck! | 我黑了你的账号 蠢蛋 |
[1:11:38] | I think that’s illegal! | 那是非法的 |
[1:11:39] | Don’t give me this shit about being surprised about LA. | 别他妈对搬到洛杉矶感到惊讶 |
[1:11:42] | Surprise! I have my own opinions. | 想不到吧 我有自己的想法 |
[1:11:44] | How do you even know how to do something like that? | 你怎么知道如何黑我的账号 |
[1:11:45] | Surprise! I want things that aren’t what you want, | 想不到吧 我想要的东西不是你想要的 |
[1:11:48] | because, surprise, you were fucking another lady. | 因为想不到吧 你上了别的女人 |
[1:11:50] | It was one time! I think you’re conflating two different things. | 就那一次 我觉得你把两件事混为一谈了 |
[1:11:53] | Mary Ann has nothing to do with LA. | 玛丽·安和洛杉矶没关系 |
[1:11:55] | I am conflating, motherfucker! | 我就是在混为一谈 混蛋 |
[1:11:57] | You watch me conflate! | 你就看着我无理取闹吧 |
[1:12:02] | Did you just stamp your foot? | 你刚刚是跺脚了吗 |
[1:12:04] | I don’t think I’ve ever done that before. I’m just so angry. | 我之前从没这么干过 我只是太生气了 |
[1:12:10] | You look like you needed one. | 看来你需要喝一杯 |
[1:12:11] | Yes, I do, thanks. | 没错 谢谢 |
[1:12:14] | You know, the Japanese are making | 日本人正在调制 |
[1:12:15] | really interesting tequila right now. | 非常有意思的龙舌兰酒 |
[1:12:17] | That’s exciting, I guess. | 听起来挺刺激 |
[1:12:20] | – What are you so angry about? – My fucking ex-husband. | -什么事让你这么生气 -我那混账前夫 |
[1:12:23] | I spent all this time feeling guilty, and he’s so self-absorbed. | 我一直都心怀愧疚 他却只想着自己 |
[1:12:26] | It’s pointless. | 这毫无意义 |
[1:12:28] | It’s a game I’m playing with myself. | 就像是和自己玩游戏 |
[1:12:32] | Pablo. Uh, we met at… | 我叫帕布罗 我们见过… |
[1:12:34] | – You held the bounce board. – The flirty grip. | -你是那个拿反光板的 -撩妹的器械师 |
[1:12:40] | – Here’s what I want you to only do, okay? – What? | -按我说的来 好吗 -什么 |
[1:12:42] | – I want you to finger me. – What? | -我要你用手指插我 -什么 |
[1:12:45] | – Just finger me. – Okay. | -用手指就行 -好 |
[1:12:47] | That’s all we’re going to do, just fingering. Okay? | 我们只用手 好吗 |
[1:12:50] | I’m changing my whole fucking life. | 我要改变我的人生 |
[1:12:58] | Nicole and Charlie’s son, Henry, was born here in Los Angeles. | 妮可和查理的儿子亨利在洛杉矶出生 |
[1:13:01] | He currently attends Laurel Elementary in Laurel Canyon, | 目前就读于月桂谷的月桂小学 |
[1:13:05] | and Nicole works in Hollywood | 妮可在好莱坞工作 |
[1:13:07] | while also maintaining a full schedule as a mother | 同时也承担起了母亲的全部责任 |
[1:13:10] | with classes of swim, art, | 上游泳课 美术课 |
[1:13:12] | gym, and music, as well as play groups. | 体育课 音乐课和活动小组 |
[1:13:16] | Nicole is Henry’s primary custodial parent, | 妮可是亨利的主要监护家长 |
[1:13:19] | and to the extent that Charlie would like to exercise his custodial time, | 查理如果想行使所定的监护时间 |
[1:13:24] | he should be making efforts to visit Henry here in California. | 就应该来加州探望亨利 |
[1:13:27] | Nora, you seem to be ignoring the fact | 诺拉 你好像忽视了 |
[1:13:29] | that they lived in New York for ten years. | 他们在纽约住了十年这一事实 |
[1:13:33] | My client worked in New York for several years, that’s true. | 没错 我的委托人在纽约工作了几年 |
[1:13:36] | But Nicole was born and bred right here in LA. | 但妮可生长于洛杉矶 |
[1:13:39] | She and Charlie would come here most holidays and summers | 她和查理在多数假期和暑期都会来这里 |
[1:13:42] | to spend time with her family, who all live in LA. | 和她住在洛杉矶的家人们共度时光 |
[1:13:45] | She and Charlie were married in LA. | 他们是在洛杉矶结婚的 |
[1:13:48] | Would you like to see the photos? | 你要看看当时的照片吗 |
[1:13:49] | No, I don’t need to see the photos. | 不 我不必看照片 |
[1:13:52] | Although I’m sure they both look beautiful. | 不过照片一定拍得很好看 |
[1:13:55] | It’s my client’s expectation | 我的委托人以为 |
[1:13:58] | that after this TV show is completed, | 在拍完这部电视剧之后 |
[1:14:00] | the parties will move back to New York | 双方就会搬回纽约 |
[1:14:02] | where they currently keep an apartment. | 他们在那里有一所公寓 |
[1:14:04] | And it’s my understanding that Charlie promised Nicole | 据我所知 查理向妮可保证过 |
[1:14:07] | that they would spend more time in Los Angeles during the marriage. | 他们在婚内会多来洛杉矶 |
[1:14:11] | But because of his insistence that his work keep them in New York, | 但由于他坚称他得留在纽约工作 |
[1:14:14] | Nicole ended up staying there much longer than she ever anticipated. | 妮可最终在纽约待的时间比预期的更长 |
[1:14:19] | In fact, a few years ago, | 事实上 早在几年前 |
[1:14:21] | Charlie was offered a residency at the Geffen Playhouse | 查理就收到了在格芬剧院的驻留项目邀约 |
[1:14:25] | that would have taken his work and his family | 能够将工作和家庭 |
[1:14:28] | to Los Angeles for a year. | 转来洛杉矶一年 |
[1:14:30] | And he, um… | 而他… |
[1:14:32] | turned it down. | 拒绝了这个机会 |
[1:14:34] | Even though that was Nicole’s desire. | 尽管那是妮可的愿望 |
[1:14:36] | He wanted to maintain consistency for his family and his child. | 他想为家庭和孩子维持稳定 |
[1:14:40] | Was this the same consistency he wanted to maintain | 这与他为了能导演一部戏剧 |
[1:14:42] | when they went to Copenhagen for six months | 举家搬去哥本哈根半年 |
[1:14:44] | so he could direct a play? | 是同一种稳定吗 |
[1:14:46] | Now, while I understand Charlie lives in New York… | 我知道查理住在纽约 |
[1:14:50] | and when it’s convenient to his work schedule, | 与工作安排不冲突的时候 |
[1:14:52] | he flies out to see his son… | 他就会飞来看儿子 |
[1:14:54] | He flies out here every chance he gets, at great expense. | 他一有机会就飞过来 花费巨大 |
[1:14:56] | I don’t see any reason you can’t be out here full time. | 我不明白你为什么不能一直住在这里 |
[1:14:58] | He makes his living in New York. | 他要在纽约谋生 |
[1:15:00] | – Sorry, do we want to contemplate lunch? – Good idea. | -抱歉 要考虑一下午餐吗 -好主意 |
[1:15:02] | I’ll order now so it’ll come when we’re all hungry. | 我现在订餐 等我们都饿了正好送到 |
[1:15:05] | Yeah. | 好 |
[1:15:06] | – Everyone good with Manny’s? – I’d love Manny’s. | -曼宁餐厅可以吗 -我很喜欢 |
[1:15:09] | Have you had Manny’s? | 你吃过曼宁餐厅吗 |
[1:15:11] | You’ll love it. | 你会喜欢的 |
[1:15:12] | Just really yummy sandwiches and salads. | 有非常美味的三明治和沙拉 |
[1:15:15] | I’ll have the BLT. | 我要培根生菜番茄三明治 |
[1:15:16] | Dad? | 爸 |
[1:15:18] | Turkey. | 换成火鸡的 |
[1:15:19] | I’ll have the BLT. | 我要培根生菜番茄三明治 |
[1:15:20] | – You’ll have the kale? – Kale salad. | -你要羽衣甘蓝对吗 -羽衣甘蓝沙拉 |
[1:15:40] | I don’t know, sorry. | 我不知道吃什么 抱歉 |
[1:15:43] | Charlie will have, um… | 查理要… |
[1:15:47] | the Greek salad, | 希腊沙拉 |
[1:15:48] | but with lemon and olive oil instead of the Greek dressing. | 把希腊酱换成柠檬和橄榄油 |
[1:15:51] | Okay. | 好 |
[1:15:52] | – I’ll have the Chinese chicken salad. – Okay, sure. | -我要中式鸡肉沙拉 -好的 |
[1:15:55] | – Thank you. – Yeah. | -谢谢 -客气 |
[1:15:59] | Congratulations, Charlie, on your grant. Nicole told me. | 查理 恭喜你获奖了 妮可跟我说了 |
[1:16:03] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[1:16:03] | He’s a genius. | 他是个天才 |
[1:16:06] | Well, I told Nicole I loved your play. | 我跟妮可说 我很喜欢你的戏剧 |
[1:16:09] | – Thanks. – Really. | -谢谢 -真的很喜欢 |
[1:16:11] | You are one smart cookie. | 你是个人才 |
[1:16:14] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[1:16:15] | I would just love to… | 我真想 |
[1:16:17] | crawl inside that brain. | 钻进你的脑袋里 |
[1:16:20] | There was that one moment when you smell the toast, smell. | 有那么一刻可以闻到你的天才气息 闻得到 |
[1:16:25] | It was literally my favorite thing that I saw that year. | 真的是我那年看过的最爱的剧 |
[1:16:29] | – Thanks. – Truly genius. | -谢谢 -实至名归 |
[1:16:31] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[1:16:32] | I was sorry to hear it closed on Broadway. | 听说这部剧在百老汇停演了 我很遗憾 |
[1:16:35] | They couldn’t smell the toast. | 他们感受不到天才气息 |
[1:16:38] | It was so emotional. | 这部剧非常有感染力 |
[1:16:41] | It’s very competitive, I imagine. | 我想竞争一定很激烈吧 |
[1:16:45] | Now, when Charlie is in Los Angeles, | 查理在洛杉矶期间 |
[1:16:48] | Nicole, of course, agrees that it will be best for Henry | 妮可当然赞成对于亨利来说 |
[1:16:52] | that he see each parent equally. | 见到父母的时间一样多是最好的 |
[1:16:57] | It’s very nice out here, Charlie. You should give it a chance. | 洛杉矶很不错的 查理 你应该试试 |
[1:17:00] | Yeah, and the space… you can’t beat it. | 对 这里空间广阔 无处可比 |
[1:17:02] | I love it too. | 我也喜欢这里 |
[1:17:04] | But all of our personal feelings about the two cities aside, | 但撇开我们对这两座城市的个人感受不谈 |
[1:17:08] | we don’t share your assertion | 我们不同意你们主张的 |
[1:17:09] | that the couple is an LA-based family. | 这对夫妇是住在洛杉矶的说法 |
[1:17:12] | It was very clearly their deal | 很明显 他们的协议是 |
[1:17:14] | that they would go back to New York after Nicole finished her show. | 在妮可拍完这部电视剧之后搬回纽约 |
[1:17:18] | I’m not aware of any deal. | 我可没听说有什么协议 |
[1:17:20] | Well, I didn’t get it in writing. | 我没有写成书面协议 |
[1:17:25] | Charlie, is this like the deal that you made | 查理 这个协议和你答应的 |
[1:17:28] | that you and Nicole would spend more time in LA during your marriage? | 你们在婚内会多来洛杉矶的协议一样吗 |
[1:17:31] | We didn’t have a deal. It was something we discussed. | 那不是协议 我们只是讨论过 |
[1:17:35] | But… | 但是… |
[1:17:36] | So, it’s a deal when it’s something you want | 所以你的要求就是协议 |
[1:17:38] | and a discussion when Nicole wants it? | 而妮可的要求就是讨论 |
[1:17:44] | Sidebar… | 请求私下商量 |
[1:17:46] | Nora, do you have a spare office | 诺拉 有空办公室 |
[1:17:47] | where Charlie and I can sidebar? | 让我跟查理私下商量吗 |
[1:17:49] | Sure. | 当然 |
[1:17:50] | – Can you, um… – I can show you. | -你能… -我带你们去 |
[1:17:52] | Come on. | 走吧 |
[1:17:59] | Nora is a very good lawyer. | 诺拉是位很棒的律师 |
[1:18:03] | – Tough, right? – Yeah. | -强势 对吗 -对 |
[1:18:05] | And you’re in a bind | 而你现在进退两难 |
[1:18:06] | because you’ve shown you’re willing to fly out here | 因为你已经表明了你愿意飞到这里 |
[1:18:08] | and rent an apartment to see your son. | 租间公寓来看儿子 |
[1:18:10] | – You told me to do that. – I know that. | -是你叫我这么做的 -我知道 |
[1:18:12] | And I’m doing that because I want to see my kid, | 而且我这么做是因为想见儿子 |
[1:18:14] | not to set a precedent. | 不是为了开创先例 |
[1:18:15] | Yes, but unfortunately, you are setting a precedent. | 对 但不幸的是 你确实在开创先例 |
[1:18:18] | And a judge might look at it that way. | 而且法官也可能会这么看 |
[1:18:20] | What’s the alternative? | 还有什么别的办法吗 |
[1:18:21] | I stay in New York and never come out here? | 我待在纽约再也不来这里行吗 |
[1:18:23] | No, because then it would look to the court | 不行 因为那样会让法庭觉得 |
[1:18:25] | like you don’t care about seeing your son. | 你不在乎见不见儿子 |
[1:18:27] | Court or no court? Stop saying | 到底上不上法庭 别一下说”上法庭” |
[1:18:29] | “court” and then “never court.” | 一下又说”不上法庭” |
[1:18:31] | Well, the way this is going, we may have to go to court. | 照这个趋势下去 我们很可能要上法庭 |
[1:18:34] | – Are you aware of how maddening you sound? – I am. | -你知道你这话听上去有多疯狂吗 -知道 |
[1:18:38] | And I know it seems unfair. | 而且我知道看起来不公平 |
[1:18:43] | But imagine if you were… | 但想像一下如果你是一位 |
[1:18:46] | a poor mother whose husband abandons her, | 被丈夫抛弃的可怜母亲 |
[1:18:49] | and then refuses to pay anything. | 而且他还拒绝支付任何费用 |
[1:18:52] | That’s what the system is trying to protect people from. | 政府就是要保护人们免于陷入这种困境 |
[1:18:57] | Listen… | 听着 |
[1:18:59] | if I were representing you… | 如果由我来代理你 |
[1:19:01] | You are representing me. | 你是在代理我啊 |
[1:19:02] | Right, no, of course. No… | 对 不 当然 不 |
[1:19:04] | I don’t see a judge moving this child from California. | 我觉得法官不会让这孩子离开加州 |
[1:19:08] | I think we try and settle today. | 我们今天应该尽量达成和解 |
[1:19:10] | Settle meaning what? | 怎么和解 |
[1:19:13] | She gets LA. | 孩子留在洛杉矶 |
[1:19:14] | No, Bert, just… | 不行 伯特 |
[1:19:16] | No. | 不行 |
[1:19:18] | I mean, we have to win this. | 我们必须得赢 |
[1:19:20] | Remember, the win is what’s best for Henry. | 别忘了 对亨利最好的做法才叫赢 |
[1:19:22] | And if you guys go to court, he’s going to get pulled into it. | 如果你们上法庭 就会把他也卷进来 |
[1:19:25] | But if he stays here and I stay in New York, that’s just… | 但如果他住在这里而我住在纽约 |
[1:19:28] | then I won’t… | 那我就无法… |
[1:19:30] | I’ll never get to really be his parent again. | 我再也无法当他的父亲了 |
[1:19:32] | It’ll be different. | 会是不一样的父亲 |
[1:19:33] | It won’t exist. | 会是不存在的父亲 |
[1:19:35] | So maybe you move here. | 那也许你应该搬过来 |
[1:19:37] | You heard what Aamir said about space. | 你也听到阿米尔说这里空间广阔了 |
[1:19:38] | Fuck the space, Bert! Fuck the space! | 去他的空间 伯特 去他的空间 |
[1:19:41] | I’ll do whatever you want me to do, but this is my advice. | 我会照你说的做 但我的建议就是这样 |
[1:19:45] | I’ve seen these things go on and on, | 我见过这种事情没完没了地拖下去 |
[1:19:47] | and the burden of these battles is immeasurable. | 而这种争斗所造成的负担是无法估量的 |
[1:19:50] | I had a client get colon cancer | 我曾有个客户得了结肠癌 |
[1:19:51] | and die before he and his wife came to agreement. | 他一直到死都没有跟妻子达成协议 |
[1:19:54] | What about filing in New York? | 那在纽约起诉呢 |
[1:19:56] | It’s too late. | 太晚了 |
[1:19:57] | And even if you did, I don’t think it would matter. | 而且即使去纽约 我觉得也无济于事 |
[1:19:59] | They’re being reasonable financially, you know? | 她们在财务上的要求挺合理的 |
[1:20:01] | You’re… You’re lucky they didn’t ask for half your grant money. | 她们没要走一半奖金 你已经很幸运了 |
[1:20:04] | She wouldn’t do that. | 她不会那么做的 |
[1:20:04] | She knows I put all that money back in my theater. | 她知道我把所有的钱都投回剧团里了 |
[1:20:06] | If this continues, she might. | 如果事情发展下去 她可能会的 |
[1:20:08] | The actors and crew all rely on that money. | 演员和工作人员都靠那笔钱养活 |
[1:20:11] | The court would never agree with this, right? | 法庭也不会同意的 对吗 |
[1:20:13] | Whether they do or not, it’ll cost you half your grant money | 不管他们同不同意 你都要花一半的奖金 |
[1:20:16] | to go to court and prove it. | 在法庭上证明这一点 |
[1:20:20] | I feel like a criminal. | 我感觉自己就像个罪犯 |
[1:20:22] | But you didn’t commit any crime. | 但你没犯过任何罪 |
[1:20:24] | It doesn’t feel that way. | 感觉并不是那样 |
[1:20:25] | If we give on LA right now, | 如果我们现在在洛杉矶的事上做点妥协 |
[1:20:28] | and then try to make the best deal possible, | 然后尽可能达成一个最有利的协议 |
[1:20:30] | I think we can get her to give on other fronts. | 我们就可以让她在其他方面做点让步 |
[1:20:32] | There are no other fronts! | 根本没有其他方面 |
[1:20:35] | This is the thing! | 这才是关键 |
[1:20:37] | He needs to know that I fought for him! | 他得知道我为他争取过 |
[1:20:39] | He’ll know. | 他会知道的 |
[1:20:55] | I should never have let her come out here with Henry. | 我就不该让她带亨利到这里来 |
[1:20:57] | If it wasn’t LA and New York, | 就算没有洛杉矶和纽约的问题 |
[1:20:58] | it’d be something else. | 也会有别的问题 |
[1:21:00] | You’d be fighting about a house, or a school district, or… | 你们会争房子 学区或… |
[1:21:04] | You know what this is like? | 你知道这是什么情况吗 |
[1:21:06] | This is like that joke about the woman at the hairdresser, | 这就像那个女人和发型师的笑话 |
[1:21:09] | she’s going to Rome. | 她要去罗马 |
[1:21:10] | – Do you know this? – I don’t. | -你知道这个笑话吗 -不知道 |
[1:21:12] | This woman is at her hairdresser and she says, | 有个女人跟她的发型师说 |
[1:21:14] | “I’m going to Rome on holiday.” | “我要去罗马度假” |
[1:21:15] | And he says, “Oh, really? What… what airline are you taking?” | 然后他说”是吗 你要乘哪家公司的航班” |
[1:21:18] | She says, “Alitalia.” | 她说”意大利航空” |
[1:21:20] | He says, “Alitalia? Are you crazy? | 他说”意大利航空 你疯了吗 |
[1:21:22] | That’s the worst… That’s terrible. Don’t take that.” | 那是最差的 糟透了 别选那家” |
[1:21:24] | He says, “Where are you going to stay?” | 他又问”你要住哪家酒店” |
[1:21:26] | She says, “I’m going to stay at the Hassler.” | 她说”我要住哈斯勒酒店” |
[1:21:27] | “The Hassler? What, are you kidding? | “哈斯勒 什么 你在开玩笑吗 |
[1:21:29] | They’re renovating the Hassler. | 哈斯勒酒店在装修 |
[1:21:31] | You’ll hear hammering all night long. | 你整晚都会听到敲墙声 |
[1:21:33] | You won’t sleep. What are you going to see?” | 根本睡不着觉 你要去哪个景点” |
[1:21:35] | She says, “I think I’m going to try to go to the Vatican.” | 她说”我要去梵蒂冈” |
[1:21:37] | “The Vatican? You’ll be standing in line all day long. | “梵蒂冈 你会整天排队 |
[1:21:40] | You’ll never get to see anything…” | 什么都看不到…” |
[1:21:41] | I’m sorry, Bert, am I paying for this joke? | 抱歉 伯特 我付钱是听笑话的吗 |
[1:21:45] | Whatever happens here, it’s temporary. | 不管现在发生什么 都只是暂时的 |
[1:21:49] | He’s growing up. He’s going to have opinions on the subject. | 他会长大 他会对这件事有自己的看法 |
[1:21:52] | Time is on your side, Charlie. | 时间对你有利 查理 |
[1:21:55] | Maybe he’ll do college on the East Coast. | 也许他会去东海岸上大学 |
[1:22:07] | I have most of my coins, | 我把大部分硬币放在爸爸家 |
[1:22:09] | like my quarters and dimes at Daddy’s… | 比如25美分和10美分 |
[1:22:11] | – Right. – but I’m keeping my dollars | -好 -但我要把一块的 |
[1:22:13] | and my one twenty at yours, okay? | 还有一张20块放在你家 行吗 |
[1:22:15] | So, that is one twenty plus 50, what is that? | 那就是20加上50 是多少钱 |
[1:22:17] | 查理·巴伯 支票收款人 伯特·斯皮茨 两万五千… 摩根大通银行 | |
[1:22:20] | Goddamn it. | 该死的 |
[1:22:22] | What’s “Goddamn it”? | “该死的”是什么 |
[1:22:23] | Did you guys lose power where you are? | 你们那里停电了吗 |
[1:22:25] | Dad? Did we lose power? | 爸爸 我们停电了吗 |
[1:22:27] | No. | 没有 |
[1:22:29] | There’s rolling blackouts in the hills and now… | 山庄这里在轮流停电 而现在… |
[1:22:33] | Damn it. Now the gate won’t close. | 该死 现在门关不上了 |
[1:22:35] | Her gate won’t close. | 她的门关不上了 |
[1:22:42] | Mom! | 妈妈 |
[1:22:47] | – Can we go see my room? – Yeah, of course. | -我们能去看我的房间吗 -当然可以 |
[1:22:49] | – You tried all the… – I tried everything. | -你试了所有的… -我什么都试过了 |
[1:22:51] | Sorry I made you come out. | 抱歉让你跑一趟 |
[1:22:52] | It’s fine. | 没事 |
[1:22:53] | – I just… – You don’t want your gate open. | -我只是… -你不想敞着大门 |
[1:22:56] | Right. | 对 |
[1:22:57] | There should be a panel or something… | 应该有个仪表板什么的 |
[1:22:58] | Maybe this is something here. | 也许是那边那个 |
[1:23:03] | – It’s a cute house. – Oh, yeah. | -房子不错 -是啊 |
[1:23:04] | I mean, from what I can see. | 至少外面看起来不错 |
[1:23:06] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[1:23:11] | You’re getting shaggy. | 你头发乱蓬蓬的 |
[1:23:12] | Yeah, I have to find a hair cutter. | 是啊 我得找个理发师 |
[1:23:16] | You want me to cut it? | 要我帮你剪吗 |
[1:23:18] | Okay. | 好 |
[1:23:30] | Close your eyes. | 闭上眼睛 |
[1:23:36] | He’s out. | 他睡着了 |
[1:23:37] | Maybe he should stay here tonight. | 也许他今晚应该住下来 |
[1:23:40] | It’s my night. | 今晚他归我 |
[1:24:10] | Hey, come on. We’re going. | 过来 我们走 |
[1:24:12] | Come on. Let’s take a walk. Right? | 来 我们去走走 好吗 |
[1:24:13] | Yeah, we’re going to take a walk. | 好 我们去走走 |
[1:24:14] | – We’re taking a walk. – Fine, all right. She’s crazy. | -我们去走走 -好 行 她疯了 |
[1:24:16] | We’re mostly finished. | 我们已经商量得差不多了 |
[1:24:19] | Bert and I hammered out 90 percent of the details, | 伯特和我已经敲定了百分之九十的细节 |
[1:24:22] | and there’s a couple minor things hanging, | 还有几件小事没定 |
[1:24:24] | but it should be easy. | 但应该也没什么难的 |
[1:24:26] | And then the judge makes your divorce official. | 然后法官就正式判你们离婚了 |
[1:24:30] | That’s good. | 那太好了 |
[1:24:33] | – Fuck me. – What? | -我操 -怎么了 |
[1:24:36] | Who’s that? | 那是谁 |
[1:24:38] | Charlie shouldn’t have done this. | 查理不应该这么做 |
[1:24:40] | What do you mean? Where’s Bert? | 什么意思 伯特去哪了 |
[1:24:42] | This means that everything we’ve agreed upon now is off the table. | 这意味着我们说好的一切现在都不作数了 |
[1:24:46] | We’ve got LA, right? | 留在洛杉矶还作数 对吗 |
[1:24:47] | Not with Jay Marotta representing him. | 如果由杰伊·马洛塔代理他就不一定了 |
[1:24:50] | This is a street fight now. | 现在要打恶战了 |
[1:24:52] | And I’m going to have to ask for things | 我会要求一些通常情况下 |
[1:24:53] | that we wouldn’t normally ask for. | 不会要求的东西 |
[1:24:55] | This system rewards bad behavior. | 这个体制总是奖励卑劣行径 |
[1:25:00] | Jay. | 杰伊 |
[1:25:02] | I saw Miriam at Madeo the other night. | 我那天晚上在马蒂奥餐厅看到米里亚姆了 |
[1:25:04] | – Yeah? – Looking very handsome. | -是吗 -她漂亮极了 |
[1:25:06] | You know, you should come to our Stand Up To Cancer event. | 你应该来参加我们的”勇敢面对癌症”活动 |
[1:25:09] | – John Legend’s going to play. – Oh, love him. | -约翰·传奇会来献唱 -我喜欢他 |
[1:25:11] | Okay? It’s going to be at the Beverly Hilton, I think. | 好吗 在比佛利希尔顿酒店 |
[1:25:13] | – Great. – Okay? | -棒极了 -好吗 |
[1:25:14] | She said you’re spending more time in Malibu. | 她说你大部分时间都在马里布 |
[1:25:16] | – Really? – Me too. | -真的吗 -我也是 |
[1:25:18] | I haven’t seen her since | 自从那栋楼成了 |
[1:25:18] | 巴伯婚姻 案件编号 | |
[1:25:18] | that building was ICM. | 国际创新管理公司我就没见过她了 |
[1:25:21] | A little history… | 先说段历史 |
[1:25:23] | Ten years ago, Charlie takes a risk when he first hires Nicole | 十年前 查理冒了很大的风险 |
[1:25:28] | as an actress in his play in New York City. | 请妮可出演他在纽约的第一部戏剧 |
[1:25:31] | He’s a well-regarded up-and-coming director of the avant-garde. | 他是一位声名鹊起的前卫派新晋导演 |
[1:25:35] | And she’s known as the girl in that college sex movie | 而她却是以在青春情色片里 |
[1:25:39] | who takes her top off. | 脱掉上衣而闻名的女孩 |
[1:25:41] | – My client will not be slut-shamed… – Ten years on… | -我的当事人不应该因为 -十年来 |
[1:25:43] | for an artistic choice. | 艺术选择而受到荡妇羞辱 |
[1:25:44] | and many prestigious theater roles later… | 她出演了许多著名的戏剧角色 |
[1:25:47] | she becomes an actress of great credibility. | 才成为备受尊崇的女演员 |
[1:25:50] | And it’s because of that credibility, | 正因为这些声望 |
[1:25:52] | that she’s offered the lead role in a major television show. | 她才得到了当红电视剧主角的邀约 |
[1:25:56] | This new opportunity is thanks to Charlie. | 所以这个新机遇也是拜查理所赐 |
[1:26:00] | Your Honor, we shouldn’t have to pay support money at this point. | 法官阁下 这样说来我们根本不该付抚养费 |
[1:26:04] | In fact, Charlie is entitled to half her TV money, | 事实上 查理有权分得她电视剧收入的一半 |
[1:26:09] | present and future earnings of the show. | 包括这个剧现在和将来的收入 |
[1:26:14] | Charlie’s just received the enormous sum of $650,000 | 查理刚刚收到了麦克阿瑟天才奖支付的 |
[1:26:18] | in the form of a MacArthur grant. | 总额65万美元的巨额奖金 |
[1:26:20] | – Of which he gets – This is for the theater work… | -这笔钱是 -这是因为他在婚姻存续期间 |
[1:26:22] | – in 125,000 installments – he conducted during the marriage. | -分期付款 -所进行的戏剧工作而获得的 |
[1:26:25] | over five years. | 每笔12.5万 分五年支付 |
[1:26:26] | So by Jay’s same logic, this is work | 所以根据杰的逻辑 这些工作 |
[1:26:26] | He uses the money | 他用这些钱去 |
[1:26:28] | to employ actors and crew members | 雇佣演员和剧团工作人员 |
[1:26:28] | that Nicole contributed to in numerous ways. | 妮可在许多方面也做出了贡献 |
[1:26:30] | One at a time, please. | 请一个一个说 |
[1:26:31] | and to pay debts that he’s accumulated | 并偿还剧团公司累积的债务 |
[1:26:34] | with his theater company that stars his wife. | 也就是让她妻子担任主角的剧团公司 |
[1:26:39] | – Bless you. – Not only did she turn down a lucrative | -长命百岁 -她为了在他的小剧团演出 |
[1:26:42] | and successful career in movies | 不仅拒绝了收益颇丰的工作机会 |
[1:26:44] | to perform in his little theater, | 和在银幕上大获成功的机会 |
[1:26:47] | but she actually supplied charlie | 实际上 她还在查理起步时 |
[1:26:49] | with a loan early on to help out. | 借了他一笔钱帮他走出困境 |
[1:26:51] | Which he paid back. | 这笔钱他已经还了 |
[1:26:52] | She lent her name to the marquee, | 她让他在广告上用她的名字 |
[1:26:53] | which was the principle reason people came to the theater. | 这也是人们来剧团看剧的主要原因 |
[1:26:55] | That may have been true ten years ago. | 十年前可能是这样 |
[1:26:58] | And in turn, she helped establish Charlie’s reputation. | 她转而帮助查理建立起了名声 |
[1:27:02] | Now, over the next ten years, | 在接下来的十多年里 |
[1:27:04] | she was subsequently offered parts in movies, TV shows, | 她陆续接到很多电影和电视剧角色的邀约 |
[1:27:07] | most of which she turned down at Charlie’s behest | 因为查理想让她做贤妻良母并出演他的戏剧 |
[1:27:10] | to be a mom and act in his plays. | 她拒绝了大部分的邀约 |
[1:27:13] | So, while we are willing to be flexible on support, | 所以虽然我们说了抚养费好商量 |
[1:27:17] | we contend that half of Charlie’s grant money | 但我们主张查理的奖金 |
[1:27:19] | be split between the parties. | 应该由双方平分 |
[1:27:20] | I don’t see how you can claim that she gets half a grant | 明明是因为他才华横溢而获得的奖金 |
[1:27:23] | dedicated to his genius. | 为什么你觉得她应该分得一半 |
[1:27:25] | He became a genius during the marriage. | 他是在这段婚姻中变得有才华的 |
[1:27:27] | Come on, Nora. | 得了吧 诺拉 |
[1:27:28] | Charlie himself, upon hearing that he received the prize, | 查理在听到他得奖的消息后 |
[1:27:31] | told Nicole that it belonged to her too. | 亲口告诉妮可这奖也属于她 |
[1:27:33] | That’s what people say when they win awards. | 人们在得奖后都会那样说 |
[1:27:36] | No, he was implying what was true. | 不 他说的是事实 |
[1:27:39] | His genius was an intangible asset built during the marriage. | 他的才华是这段婚姻造就的无形财产 |
[1:27:43] | Nora, I like how you refer to Charlie’s theater | 诺拉 我觉得你对查理剧团的形容很有意思 |
[1:27:46] | as a ramshackle downtown dump | 当你在争夺抚养权时 |
[1:27:48] | when you’re arguing custody, | 剧团是闹市区中摇摇欲坠的垃圾堆 |
[1:27:50] | but when you want more money, | 而当你想争得更多财产时 |
[1:27:52] | he’s a big, rich, genius Broadway director. | 查理又成了有钱的百老汇天才大导演 |
[1:27:55] | You can’t have it both ways. | 便宜不能都让你给占了 |
[1:27:56] | Really? Why not? | 真的吗 为什么不行 |
[1:27:58] | And whether you think it’s fair or not, Jay, | 杰伊 无论你觉得这样分配是否公平 |
[1:28:01] | the first monetary installment from the MacArthur grant | 麦克阿瑟天才奖支付的第一笔奖金 |
[1:28:03] | was put into a joint marital account, | 被存进了夫妻联名账户 |
[1:28:05] | and thus became communal property. | 因此是二人的共同财产 |
[1:28:06] | Fuck. You shouldn’t have put that money in a joint account. | 操 你不该把那笔钱存进联名账户里 |
[1:28:09] | There’s not going to be anything left, anyway. | 反正也不会有钱剩下来 |
[1:28:10] | I’m using it all to divorce her. | 我把奖金全用在打离婚官司上了 |
[1:28:12] | Nora, I have to say that your account of this marriage | 诺拉 我不得不说 你描述的这段婚姻 |
[1:28:14] | takes place in an alternate reality. | 好似发生在另一个世界 |
[1:28:18] | By suddenly moving to LA | 由于妮可突然搬到洛杉矶 |
[1:28:20] | and insisting on an LA residence, | 并且坚持要留在洛杉矶居住 |
[1:28:23] | Nicole is withholding Henry… | 她目前实属扣留亨利… |
[1:28:25] | – Counsel, please be seated. – alienating him from his father, | -律师 请坐下 -使他与他的父亲疏远 |
[1:28:28] | which has turned Charlie’s world upside down. | 把查理的生活搅得天翻地覆 |
[1:28:31] | – Counselor? – It amounts to an ambush. | -律师 -这根本就是个圈套 |
[1:28:32] | “Witholding,” Jay? | 杰伊 真的吗 |
[1:28:33] | Really? “Alienating”? | 你竟然用”扣留”和”疏远”这种字眼 |
[1:28:35] | Well, those are fighting words, | 你是想激怒我才故意这样说 |
[1:28:37] | and it’s simply false and | 而且这完全是一派胡言 |
[1:28:38] | does nothing to further this settlement. | 对于和解没有任何帮助 |
[1:28:41] | Your recap of this situation is outrageous. | 你对案情的回顾很荒唐 |
[1:28:44] | And although California is, without doubt, a no-fault state, | 尽管加州支持无过错离婚 |
[1:28:47] | it bears mentioning in the accurate recap of this situation | 本着准确回顾案情的原则 我想要指出的是 |
[1:28:50] | that Charlie had had extramarital affairs. | 查理曾经有过数次婚外情 |
[1:28:52] | – An extramarital affair. – Do you really want me to go there? | -只是一次婚外情 -你真想要较真吗 |
[1:28:55] | – Yeah, let’s go there. – Okay. | -没错 我们就是要较真 -那好吧 |
[1:28:57] | Nicole has admitted to hacking Charlie’s computer | 妮可承认她黑进了查理的电脑 |
[1:29:00] | and reading his emails, | 读了他的电邮 |
[1:29:02] | which, if proven, is a felony. | 如果确属实情 那可是重罪 |
[1:29:04] | And, Nora, I don’t think you’d be too happy | 诺拉 我猜如果我问起平日晚上 |
[1:29:06] | if I ask Nicole about her alcohol consumption in the evenings. | 妮可的酗酒情况 你就不会那么得意了 |
[1:29:10] | What? | 你说什么 |
[1:29:10] | She confided in Charlie one night recently, | 她最近一个晚上曾告诉查理 |
[1:29:13] | having just carried Henry to bed, | 她刚把亨利哄睡着 |
[1:29:16] | that she was having trouble standing while walking down the staircase. | 就没法好好站稳走下楼梯了 |
[1:29:21] | And from what I understand, this is not an isolated event. | 依我的理解来看 这不是一起偶发事件 |
[1:29:24] | So you let me know, Nora, | 所以诺拉 如果你真想来这一套的话 |
[1:29:26] | and we will go there as needed. | 我会奉陪到底 |
[1:29:28] | Charlie? | 查理 |
[1:29:30] | Can I ask you, | 我问你 |
[1:29:31] | how do you expect to have more time with Henry | 你现在都不抓紧机会 |
[1:29:33] | when you don’t exercise the time you already have, | 负起责任陪伴亨利 |
[1:29:35] | and exercise it responsibly? | 怎么能指望争得更多的监护时间呢 |
[1:29:38] | On a recent visit to Los Angeles, | 在查理最近一次来洛杉矶时 |
[1:29:41] | after failing to call, text, communicate in any way, | 我们无法通过任何通讯方式或手段联络到他 |
[1:29:45] | shape, or form, | 无论是打电话还是发短信 |
[1:29:46] | Charlie finally arrived two hours late | 他最后迟到了两个小时 |
[1:29:48] | to pick up Henry at Nicole’s mother’s house. | 才来到妮可母亲家里接亨利 |
[1:29:50] | At that point, the car seat, | 那时 查理向妮可保证的 |
[1:29:52] | which he had assured Nicole had been professionally installed, | 已由专业人士安装在车后座的儿童安全座椅 |
[1:29:55] | was clearly not even belted in. | 显然没有固定好 |
[1:29:57] | It was just sitting in the back seat. | 安全座椅只是放在后座上 |
[1:29:58] | You have to buckle in the car seat. | 你必须得自己把安全座椅扣好 |
[1:30:00] | – I know. – It’s the law. | -我知道 -这是法律规定 |
[1:30:01] | I thought the rental place did it. | 我原以为租赁公司已经装好了 |
[1:30:02] | They can’t. It’s a liability. | 他们不能帮你装 不然他们得担责 |
[1:30:02] | I know that now. | 我现在知道这点了 |
[1:30:03] | Once we discovered that, we fixed it. | 我们当时发现座椅是松的 就立刻把它装好了 |
[1:30:05] | Counsel? | 双方律师 |
[1:30:07] | You can see my courtroom is full | 你们也看到了我的法庭里坐满了人 |
[1:30:09] | and there are people who don’t have | 尽管他们没你们的客户有钱 |
[1:30:10] | the resources your clients have, | 但他们也在等候案件审理 |
[1:30:13] | and I’m fairly certain you haven’t exhausted, in good faith, | 我也很确信你们双方就这起抚养权的争夺案件 |
[1:30:16] | the arguments in the case of this child. | 仍有很多话要说 |
[1:30:19] | In the meantime, we’ll keep the status quo. | 与此同时 我们维持现状 |
[1:30:21] | This remains an LA family for the time being. | 目前这家人依然住在洛杉矶 |
[1:30:25] | I took over this department recently, | 我最近才接手这个部门 |
[1:30:28] | and I’m still becoming acquainted with the cases. | 目前依然在了解案件详情的过程中 |
[1:30:31] | So, I’m going to appoint an expert evaluator | 所以我决定指派一名 |
[1:30:35] | who knows much more about young children than I do. | 比我更了解小孩的专业评估员 |
[1:30:39] | Once the evaluation is done, | 一旦评估完成 |
[1:30:41] | we’ll modify the orders where necessary. | 我们会视情况对裁定作出修订 |
[1:30:51] | Hey, where’s Henry? | 亨利人呢 |
[1:30:53] | He’s with Cassie and her kids at Laser Tag. | 凯西带他和自家小孩去玩镭战游戏了 |
[1:30:56] | You want something to drink? | 你想要喝点什么吗 |
[1:30:57] | I have unfiltered tap water, beer, and some juice boxes. | 我有未经过滤的自来水 啤酒 果汁 |
[1:31:01] | I’ll take a juice box. | 给我来盒果汁吧 |
[1:31:08] | You don’t have anything on the walls? | 你没在墙上挂点什么东西吗 |
[1:31:10] | I don’t have anything to put on them except Henry’s art, | 我还没找到能挂上去的东西 除了亨利的画 |
[1:31:12] | which is being framed. | 目前正在装裱 |
[1:31:14] | I can give you some stuff, you know, until you get some things. | 我可以给你些照片 直到你自己买到挂画 |
[1:31:18] | How about that great picture of Henry on the Staten Island Ferry? | 那张亨利在史丹顿岛渡轮上的美照如何 |
[1:31:21] | Aren’t you in that one? | 你不也在那张照片里吗 |
[1:31:24] | I guess I… You could… | 我猜…你得… |
[1:31:25] | – cut me out. – I have to leave a day early to New York on the 22nd. | -把我抠掉 -我得提前一天走 22号就回纽约 |
[1:31:28] | So I was wondering if I could take Henry that Friday. | 所以那个周五能不能由我来带亨利 |
[1:31:31] | The 22nd. So, that’s the 21st? | 22号走 那你是指21号那天吗 |
[1:31:35] | We have plans, actually. | 那天我们已经有安排了 |
[1:31:36] | We’re going to, um, | 亨利和他的 |
[1:31:37] | some thing at LACMA with the cousins. | 表兄妹们要去洛杉矶郡艺术博物馆参加活动 |
[1:31:40] | But could you change it so I could take him? | 那你能不能改变下安排 那天让我来带他呢 |
[1:31:43] | It’s just one night. | 只在那天晚上才有 |
[1:31:44] | – He’s looking forward to it. – Really? | -亨利很想去 -真的吗 |
[1:31:46] | It’s my night, Charlie, we negotiated it. | 我们说好了的 查理 那晚他归我 |
[1:31:48] | Okay, fine. | 好吧 |
[1:31:50] | But what? | 你到底想说什么 |
[1:31:51] | No, I’m just asking you to be flexible. | 我只是想问问你能不能迁就一下 |
[1:31:53] | I am flexible. | 我已经很迁就你了 |
[1:31:54] | You come in and out | 你来去匆匆 |
[1:31:55] | and I adjust based on your schedule. | 我都是依据你的日程表来调整我的安排 |
[1:31:56] | This one night we have tickets to… | 就这一个晚上 票都买好了… |
[1:31:58] | It’s not only this one night, but fine. | 可不止这一个晚上 不过没关系 |
[1:32:00] | Henry’s teacher wants to meet with us. | 亨利的老师想见我们 |
[1:32:01] | You mean his LA teacher? | 你是指他在洛杉矶的老师吗 |
[1:32:03] | Can you, uh, answer the email so we could set a time? | 你能不能回下电邮 我们好约个时间 |
[1:32:06] | Yeah, I’ve been distracted. | 好 我最近太忙了没顾得上看 |
[1:32:09] | I understand. | 我完全理解 |
[1:32:11] | They just want to rule out everything, | 老师们想就他的阅读障碍问题 |
[1:32:12] | you know, with his reading. | 找找所有可能的原因 |
[1:32:13] | I just think he’s a little over-anxious. | 我觉得他只是有些太焦虑了 |
[1:32:15] | I think he wants it too much. | 我觉得他是因为太想读懂而读不懂 |
[1:32:17] | They said he’s off the charts in math. | 老师们说他的数学成绩很好 |
[1:32:19] | He quits too easily when things aren’t easy for him. | 他遇到难题时 太轻易就放弃 |
[1:32:21] | You know, he’s like us, he’s stubborn. | 他这点像我们俩 顽固不化 |
[1:32:24] | He’s still a lousy Monopoly player | 他到现在还是个很差劲的大富翁玩家 |
[1:32:25] | because he tries to save all his money. | 因为他总是把钱都存起来不花 |
[1:32:32] | So… | 那个… |
[1:32:34] | I thought we should talk. | 我觉得我们应该谈谈 |
[1:32:37] | I feel like maybe things have gone too far. | 我感觉目前的做法有些过头了 |
[1:32:40] | I mean, my mom’s taking out a loan against the house | 我妈把房子抵押贷了款 |
[1:32:42] | to help me pay Nora. | 帮我付诺拉的律师费 |
[1:32:43] | I thought I paid Nora. | 我以为诺拉的律师费要我出 |
[1:32:45] | You pay 30 percent of Nora. | 她的费用你出三成 |
[1:32:47] | Well, I’m going broke too, if that’s any help. | 如果能让你感觉好点的话 其实我也要破产了 |
[1:32:49] | I’ve just agreed to direct two shitty plays, | 我刚答应要导演两部很差劲的戏剧 |
[1:32:52] | and we can forget putting anything away for Henry’s college. | 给亨利攒大学学费的事更是没戏了 |
[1:32:54] | It’s just that up until now, | 只是到现在为止 |
[1:32:56] | we’ve been able to keep Henry somewhat removed, | 我们一直没让亨利受这事的影响 |
[1:32:58] | and this will change that. | 但是这场官司会把他也牵扯进来 |
[1:33:00] | We have to protect him. | 我们必须保护他 |
[1:33:02] | I agree. | 我同意 |
[1:33:02] | Nora says that the evaluator will come into our homes, | 诺拉说评估员会到我们家里来 |
[1:33:06] | they’re going to interview Henry in addition to us, | 他们不仅要跟我们面谈 还要和亨利 |
[1:33:09] | our friends, family, enemies, | 我们的朋友 家人 仇敌们进行面谈 |
[1:33:12] | and then they’ll observe us with him, | 他们还会观察我们与亨利如何相处 |
[1:33:13] | how we are as parents. | 我们作为父母的表现如何 |
[1:33:15] | – Sounds awful. – I know. | -听起来糟透了 -可不是嘛 |
[1:33:17] | I feel like if anybody observed me on any given day as a mom, | 我觉得如果有人随机抽查我作为母亲是否合格 |
[1:33:19] | I’d never get custody. | 我肯定得不到监护权 |
[1:33:23] | That was a joke. | 那只是句玩笑话 |
[1:33:25] | – I know. I feel the same way. – Right. | -我懂 我也有同感 -那就行 |
[1:33:27] | So… | 那么… |
[1:33:29] | Maybe we can figure something out between us. | 也许我们两个应该自己想个办法了结 |
[1:33:32] | You remember I said this to you at the beginning? | 我一开始就是这么跟你说的 你还记得吗 |
[1:33:34] | I know you did, but these are different circumstances. | 我知道你说过这话 但如今情况不同 |
[1:33:36] | I was anticipating these circumstances. | 我就知道会闹到这一步 |
[1:33:39] | Anyway, shall we try this? | 不管怎样 我们试下好吗 |
[1:33:41] | Okay. | 好啊 |
[1:33:57] | I don’t know how to start. | 我不知要如何开头 |
[1:34:00] | Do you understand why I want to stay in LA? | 你知道我为什么想留在洛杉矶吗 |
[1:34:03] | No. | 不知道 |
[1:34:04] | Well… That’s not… | 你要是这样可就… |
[1:34:05] | Charlie, that’s not a useful way for us to start. | 查理 你要是这样回答可就没意思了 |
[1:34:08] | I don’t understand it. | 我不明白你为什么想留下来 |
[1:34:11] | You don’t remember promising that we could do time here? | 你不记得我们说好了要在这里待上一段时间吗 |
[1:34:13] | We discussed things. | 我们讨论过很多事情 |
[1:34:15] | We were married, we said things. | 我们当时感情正浓 说了很多有的没的 |
[1:34:17] | We talked about moving to Europe. | 我们还说过要移居欧洲呢 |
[1:34:18] | About getting a… | 还说过要买一个… |
[1:34:21] | sideboard, or what do you call it? | 餐边柜…还是什么来着 |
[1:34:23] | A credenza, to fill the empty space behind the couch. | 储物柜 来填补沙发背后的空隙 |
[1:34:26] | We never did any of it. | 但我们也都只是说说而已 |
[1:34:27] | You turned down the residency at the Geffen | 你拒绝了格芬剧团的驻留项目邀约 |
[1:34:29] | that would’ve brought us here for a… a year. | 我们本可以借此机会来洛杉矶住上一年 |
[1:34:31] | It wasn’t something I wanted. | 我对那个项目并不感兴趣 |
[1:34:32] | We had a great theater company | 我们当时经营着一家不错的剧团 |
[1:34:33] | and a great life where we were. | 生活也很美好 |
[1:34:35] | – You call that a great life? – You know what I mean. | -你管那叫美好生活吗 -你懂我的意思 |
[1:34:38] | I don’t mean we had a great marriage. | 我并不是指我们的婚姻幸福美满 |
[1:34:39] | I mean, life in Brooklyn. | 我是说布鲁克林的生活很不错 |
[1:34:41] | Professionally. | 事业上很不错 |
[1:34:42] | I don’t know. | 我也说不清 |
[1:34:43] | Honestly, I never considered anything different. | 说实话 我从未考虑过另一种不同的生活 |
[1:34:45] | Well, that’s the problem, isn’t it? | 这正是问题所在 不是吗 |
[1:34:47] | I mean, I was your wife. | 我是你的妻子 |
[1:34:48] | You should’ve considered my happiness, too. | 你本该为我的幸福着想 |
[1:34:50] | Come on, you were happy. | 得了吧 你以前过得很开心 |
[1:34:52] | You’ve just decided you weren’t now. | 你只是现在突然改口说自己以前不快乐 |
[1:34:55] | Okay. Okay. | 好吧 好吧 |
[1:34:57] | Let’s… | 我们先… |
[1:34:59] | M-My work is here now, my family is here. | 目前我在这儿工作 我的家人也住在这里 |
[1:35:02] | And I agreed to put Henry in school here | 我是考虑到你要在这儿拍戏 |
[1:35:04] | because your show went to series. | 才同意让亨利暂时在此就读 |
[1:35:05] | I did that knowing that | 我之所以会同意是因为我们说好了 |
[1:35:06] | when you were done shooting, he’d come back to New York. | 当你拍完戏以后 亨利就会回到纽约 |
[1:35:08] | Honey, we never said that. | 亲爱的 我们从未这样说过 |
[1:35:09] | That may have been your assumption, | 你可能是那么以为的 |
[1:35:10] | but we never expressly said that. | 但是我们从未明确地讲过那番话 |
[1:35:12] | – We did say it. – When did we say it? | -我们肯定说过那番话 -我们什么时候说的 |
[1:35:14] | I don’t know when we said it, but we said it. | 我也不记得是什么时候说过 但我们肯定说过 |
[1:35:17] | – I thought… – We said it that time on the phone! | -我本想着… -我们是那次在电话里说的 |
[1:35:18] | Honey, let me finish. | 亲爱的 让我把话说完 |
[1:35:20] | Sorry. I keep saying that. | 抱歉 我改不过口 |
[1:35:21] | I thought that if Henry was happy here, | 我本想着如果亨利在这儿过得很开心 |
[1:35:24] | and my show continued, | 我的戏也能继续拍下去的话 |
[1:35:25] | that we might do LA for a while. | 我们也许可以在洛杉矶待上一段时间 |
[1:35:27] | I was not privy to that thought process. | 你可没跟我说过你有这样的打算 |
[1:35:30] | The only reason we didn’t live here | 我们之前没能住在洛杉矶 |
[1:35:31] | is because you can’t imagine desires other than your own, | 就是因为你从不考虑别人想要什么 |
[1:35:34] | unless they’re forced on you. | 除非现实逼得你没得选择 |
[1:35:36] | Okay, you wish you hadn’t married me, | 行了 你希望你没有嫁给我 |
[1:35:37] | you wish you’d had a different life, | 你希望你过着一种不同的生活 |
[1:35:39] | but this is what happened. | 但事已至此 |
[1:35:41] | – So, what do we do? – I don’t know. | -那我们该怎么做 -我也不知道 |
[1:35:45] | Nora says there’s no coming back from this. | 诺拉说如今已经没有回头路可走 |
[1:35:47] | Fuck Nora! | 去他妈的诺拉 |
[1:35:47] | I hate fucking Nora telling me I always lived in LA | 我恨死了诺拉说我一直住在洛杉矶 |
[1:35:50] | even though I never lived in LA. | 尽管我从没住过这里 |
[1:35:53] | How could you have her say those things about me? | 你怎么能让她那么说我呢 |
[1:35:55] | Jay said them about me too. | 杰伊也对我恶语相加 |
[1:35:57] | You shouldn’t have fired Bert. | 你就不该炒掉伯特 |
[1:35:59] | I needed my own asshole. | 我也得有个无赖律师 |
[1:36:02] | Let’s just both agree both of our lawyers | 我俩还是都承认 |
[1:36:04] | said shitty stuff about both of us. | 我们的律师说了恶心的话 |
[1:36:06] | Nora was worse. | 诺拉更过分 |
[1:36:07] | Jay called me an alcoholic. | 杰伊说我是酒鬼 |
[1:36:09] | You pulled the rug out from under me | 你打了我个措手不及 |
[1:36:10] | and you’re putting me through hell. | 让我痛苦得像下地狱 |
[1:36:11] | You put me through hell during our marriage. | 我们的婚姻中 你让我痛苦得像下地狱 |
[1:36:13] | Is that what that was, hell? | 所以我们的婚姻就是炼狱是吗 |
[1:36:14] | And now you’re going to put Henry through this horrible thing | 你现在要让亨利也经受这种折磨 |
[1:36:16] | so you can yet again get what you want! | 就为了再次达到你的目的 |
[1:36:18] | It’s not what I want. | 这不是我的目的 |
[1:36:19] | I mean, it’s what I want, but it’s what was… | 这是我想要的 但是这曾经… |
[1:36:22] | was… | 曾经… |
[1:36:23] | what’s best for him. | 对他来说是最好的 |
[1:36:24] | Oh, well, I was wondering | 我还在想 |
[1:36:26] | when you’d get around to Henry and what he actually wants. | 你什么时候去问问亨利 看他想真正想要什么 |
[1:36:28] | Fuck off! | 你滚 |
[1:36:29] | No, you fuck off! | 不 你滚 |
[1:36:30] | If you’d listen to your son, or anyone, | 要是你听你儿子的话 听别人的话 |
[1:36:33] | then he’d tell you that he’d rather live here! | 他会告诉你 他情愿在这儿生活 |
[1:36:34] | Stop putting your feelings about me onto Henry. | 别再给亨利强加你对我的感情了 |
[1:36:36] | He tells me he likes it better here. | 他告诉我他更喜欢这里 |
[1:36:38] | He tells you because he knows it’s what you want to hear! | 他那么说 是因为他知道你愿意听 |
[1:36:40] | He tells me you’re on the phone all the time. | 他告诉我 你无时无刻不在讲电话 |
[1:36:41] | You don’t even play with him. | 你都不跟他玩 |
[1:36:42] | Because I’m going through a divorce in LA | 因为我在洛杉矶办离婚 |
[1:36:44] | and trying to direct a play in New York! | 还想导一部纽约的戏 |
[1:36:46] | Which closed because I wasn’t there. | 那部戏泡汤了 因为我不在 |
[1:36:48] | It was a huge opportunity for me… | 本来是个多好的机会… |
[1:36:49] | You’re fighting for something you don’t even want! | 你都不想陪他 为什么还要争 |
[1:36:51] | And I let everyone down. | 我让所有人失望了 |
[1:36:53] | You’re being so much like your father. | 你这样太像你爸了 |
[1:36:55] | Do not compare me to my father! | 别拿我跟他比 |
[1:36:57] | I didn’t compare you to him. I said you were acting like him. | 我没有 我说你这种行为像他 |
[1:36:59] | You’re exactly like your mother. | 你跟你妈一模一样 |
[1:37:00] | Everything you were complaining about her, you’re doing. | 你之前抱怨她的一切 你现在就跟她一样 |
[1:37:02] | You’re suffocating Henry. | 你要把亨利逼疯了 |
[1:37:04] | First of all, I love my mother. She was a wonderful mother. | 首先 我爱我妈 她是个超棒的妈妈 |
[1:37:07] | I’m just repeating what you told me. | 我不过是复述你的话 |
[1:37:07] | Secondly, how dare you compare my mothering to my mother! | 第二 你怎么敢说我当妈当得像我妈 |
[1:37:11] | I may be like my father, but I am not like my mother! | 我也许像我爸 但我不像我妈 |
[1:37:14] | You are! | 你就是像 |
[1:37:15] | And you’re like my father! | 而且你还像我爸 |
[1:37:17] | You’re also like my mother! | 你也像我妈 |
[1:37:18] | You’re all the bad things about all of these people! | 你集这四位的缺点于一身 |
[1:37:21] | But mostly your mother. | 但最主要是像你妈 |
[1:37:22] | When we would lie in bed together, | 我们躺在一张床上的时候 |
[1:37:23] | sometimes I would look at you and see her and just feel so gross! | 有时我看着你就想到她 一阵恶心 |
[1:37:26] | – I felt repulsed when you touched me! – You’re a slob. | -你摸我的时候我简直反胃 -你个懒蛋 |
[1:37:29] | I made all the beds, closed all cabinets… | 床铺都是我收拾 柜子也是我关 |
[1:37:31] | The thought of having sex with you | 我一想到跟你上床 |
[1:37:32] | makes me want to peel my skin off. | 就想剥掉自己的皮 |
[1:37:34] | You’ll never be happy, in LA or anywhere. | 你永远都不会幸福 不管是在洛杉矶还是哪儿 |
[1:37:36] | You’ll think you found some better opposite guy than me, | 你以为你能找到与我迥然不同的更好的人 |
[1:37:39] | and in a few years, you’ll rebel against him | 几年后 你就会反抗他 |
[1:37:42] | because you need to have your voice, but you don’t want a voice. | 因为你必须要表达 但你又不要发言权 |
[1:37:45] | You just want to fucking complain about not having a voice! | 你只想抱怨你不能发声 |
[1:37:47] | I think about being married to you, | 我思考过嫁给你这件事 |
[1:37:49] | and that woman is a stranger to me. | 结果发现我根本不认识当时那个女人 |
[1:37:51] | – I mean, we had a child’s marriage. – You’ve regressed. | -我们结婚结得太早了 -你退化了 |
[1:37:54] | You’ve gone back to your life before you met me, it’s pathetic. | 你回到遇到我之前的生活了 真可悲 |
[1:37:56] | People used to tell me that | 人们曾经总跟我说 |
[1:37:58] | you were too selfish to be a great artist. | 你太自私 成不了大器 |
[1:38:00] | And I used to defend you. | 我还总帮你说话 |
[1:38:02] | They were absolutely right. | 他们说得太对了 |
[1:38:03] | All your best acting is behind you. | 你的最佳表演都已成为过去 |
[1:38:05] | You’re back to being a hack! | 你已经退化成劣等艺术家了 |
[1:38:07] | You gaslighted me! You’re a fucking villain! | 你操纵了我 你个恶人 |
[1:38:10] | You want to present yourself as a victim | 你想以受害者形象示人 |
[1:38:11] | because it’s a good legal strategy? | 因为这种法律策略得人心 |
[1:38:13] | Fine, but you and I both know you chose this life! | 行 但你我都知道 这种生活是你自己选的 |
[1:38:17] | You wanted it until you didn’t! | 你改变心意之前都心甘情愿 |
[1:38:20] | You used me so you could get out of LA. | 你利用我逃出洛杉矶 |
[1:38:22] | I didn’t use you. | 我没有 |
[1:38:23] | You did, and then you blamed me for it! | 你有 然后却反过来责怪我 |
[1:38:26] | You always made me aware of what I was doing wrong, | 你总是提醒我做错了什么 |
[1:38:28] | how I was falling short! | 我有多少不足 |
[1:38:29] | Life with you was joyless! | 跟你一起过真是太无趣了 |
[1:38:31] | What, so then you had to go and fuck someone else? | 怎么 那你就得操别人 |
[1:38:33] | You shouldn’t be upset that I fucked her! | 我操她你不应该难过 |
[1:38:35] | You should be upset that I had a laugh with her! | 你该难过的是我跟她笑得开怀 |
[1:38:38] | Do you love her? | 你爱她吗 |
[1:38:39] | No. | 不 |
[1:38:40] | But she didn’t hate me. You hated me. | 但她不恨我 你恨我 |
[1:38:42] | You hated me. | 是你恨我 |
[1:38:43] | You fucked somebody we worked with. | 你操了我们的同事 |
[1:38:45] | You stopped having sex with me in the last year. | 你去年就不跟我做了 |
[1:38:48] | I never cheated on you. | 我从来没出过轨 |
[1:38:49] | That was cheating on me! | 那就是出轨 |
[1:38:51] | But there was so much I could have done. | 但本来 我能做的有那么多 |
[1:38:53] | I was a director in my twenties who came from nothing | 我本来是个毫无名气的二十来岁的导演 |
[1:38:55] | and was suddenly on the cover of fucking Time Out New York! | 突然就上了《纽约生活志》的封面 |
[1:38:59] | I was hot shit and I wanted to fuck everybody and I didn’t. | 我成了大红人 看谁都想上 但是我没有 |
[1:39:02] | And I loved you and I didn’t want to lose you. | 因为我爱你 我不想失去你 |
[1:39:04] | But I’m in my twenties, and I didn’t want to lose that too, | 但当时我二十多岁 不想失去放荡年华 |
[1:39:07] | and I kinda did! | 但我却算是错过了 |
[1:39:09] | And you wanted so much so fast. | 你想要的那么多 那么快 |
[1:39:11] | I didn’t even want to get married. | 我都不想结婚 |
[1:39:13] | And fuck it! | 去他的 |
[1:39:15] | There’s so much I didn’t do. | 有那么多我都错过了 |
[1:39:18] | – Thanks for that! – You’re welcome! | -那我谢谢你 -不客气 |
[1:39:20] | I can’t believe I have to know you forever! | 真不敢相信我这辈子都甩不掉你了 |
[1:39:23] | You’re fucking insane! | 你他妈疯了 |
[1:39:26] | And you’re fucking winning! | 你他妈还赢了 |
[1:39:29] | Are you kidding me? | 你逗我吗 |
[1:39:31] | I wanted to be married. | 我想结婚 |
[1:39:33] | I’d already lost! | 我就已经输了 |
[1:39:35] | You didn’t love me as much as I loved you! | 我爱你比你爱我多 |
[1:39:39] | What does that have to do with LA? | 那跟洛杉矶有什么关系 |
[1:39:43] | What? | 怎么了 |
[1:39:44] | You’re so merged with your own selfishness, | 你沉浸于你的自私之中 |
[1:39:47] | you don’t even identify it as selfishness anymore! | 你都不觉得那是自私了 |
[1:39:51] | You’re such a dick! | 你真混蛋 |
[1:39:53] | Every day I wake up and I hope you’re dead! | 每天我醒来都希望你死了 |
[1:39:56] | Dead, like if I could guarantee Henry would be okay, | 死掉 如果我能保证亨利没事 |
[1:39:59] | I’d hope you’d get an illness, and then get hit by a car and die! | 我真希望你重病 然后被车撞死 |
[1:40:23] | Oh, God! | 天啊 |
[1:40:34] | I’m sorry. | 对不起 |
[1:40:37] | Me too. | 我也是 |
[1:41:04] | Okay. No, we can make this nice. | 好 我们可以布置得漂漂亮亮的 |
[1:41:08] | I would take the smaller plants and put them by the window. | 我会把小一些的植物放在窗边 |
[1:41:11] | And, uh, do you have things we can put on the walls? | 你有没有什么能挂在墙上的 |
[1:41:33] | All right, that’s it. Thank you very much. | 好了 没事了 非常感谢 |
[1:41:35] | We miss you, and it looks great, really. | 我们很想你 你家看起来很棒 真的 |
[1:41:38] | – Let us know how it goes, okay? – All right. | -有进展就讲给我们听 -好 |
[1:41:39] | I’ll see you guys on, uh… on Monday. | 我们周一见 |
[1:41:42] | – Love you. – All right, love you too. Bye. | -爱你 -我也爱你 再见 |
[1:42:09] | Why do we have so many plants all of a sudden? | 为什么一下子多了这么多植物 |
[1:42:11] | We’ll have to return some of this stuff, | 有些之后要还回去的 |
[1:42:13] | so don’t get too used to it. | 所以别跟它们相处得太投入 |
[1:42:14] | I find plants kind of scary. | 我觉得植物有点可怕 |
[1:42:16] | These plants are good guys. | 这些植物是正义的那方 |
[1:42:19] | Come here. | 过来 |
[1:42:23] | Yeah? | 怎么了 |
[1:42:25] | Tomorrow, this woman is going to come and visit us… | 明天 有个女的会来家访 |
[1:42:29] | and be with us while we eat dinner. | 我们吃晚餐时陪着我们 |
[1:42:32] | – Is it your girlfriend? – No, no. | -是你女朋友吗 -不是 |
[1:42:34] | Is it Mommy’s boyfriend? | 是妈妈的男朋友吗 |
[1:42:35] | No. Why? Does Mommy have a boyfriend? | 不是 怎么 妈妈有男朋友吗 |
[1:42:37] | I don’t know. Does she? | 我不知道 她有吗 |
[1:42:39] | – I don’t know. – I don’t know. | -我不知道 -我不知道 |
[1:42:43] | Why is someone watching us eat dinner? | 为什么有人要看着我们吃饭 |
[1:42:45] | I know, it’s weird. | 我懂 确实好奇怪 |
[1:42:47] | It’s just something we have to do. | 我们必须得这么做 |
[1:42:49] | Which has to do with… | 这件事关系到… |
[1:42:51] | Mommy and me figuring out everything… | 我和妈妈把一切理清楚 |
[1:42:54] | and how we’re going to be. | 我们未来将会如何 |
[1:42:59] | You know? | 明白吗 |
[1:43:01] | Will you read to me? | 读书给我听好吗 |
[1:43:03] | Sure. Grab your book. | 好 拿书吧 |
[1:43:05] | Do you use drugs or alcohol? | 你吸毒或者喝酒吗 |
[1:43:07] | I drink alcohol. | 我喝酒 |
[1:43:09] | How much alcohol do you drink? | 喝多少 |
[1:43:13] | I don’t know, a glass of wine with dinner. | 我不确定 晚餐时喝一杯红酒 |
[1:43:16] | – Sometimes more. – How much more? | -有时会多一些 -多多少 |
[1:43:20] | It’s… Sometimes a… | 这个…有时候… |
[1:43:22] | a few… | 多喝几杯 |
[1:43:24] | I… sometimes split a bottle of wine with someone. | 我有时候跟其他人分着喝一瓶红酒 |
[1:43:27] | – Okay, who do you split it with? – I mean… | -你跟谁分着喝 -我… |
[1:43:29] | if I’m having dinner with someone and we order a bottle of wine. | 我和别人一起吃晚餐 我们会点一瓶红酒 |
[1:43:33] | – Okay. – You know, like at a restaurant. | -嗯 -比如下馆子的时候 |
[1:43:35] | When you say, | 你会说 |
[1:43:36] | “Do you want to go by the glass or do we get a bottle?” | “你们是想按杯点 还是我们一起点一瓶” |
[1:43:40] | – You get a bottle? – Well, sometimes. | -你会点一瓶 -有时会 |
[1:43:44] | I mean, sometimes I go by the glass. | 有时我也会按杯点 |
[1:43:47] | You know, it depends. | 看情况 |
[1:43:52] | Did you mean drugs ever? | 你是说我这辈子吸过毒吗 |
[1:43:54] | I have done drugs. | 我吸过毒 |
[1:43:57] | In college. | 大学的时候 |
[1:43:59] | – Anything since you’ve been… – I… I don’t do it regularly. | -你当妈妈之后有没有… -我不经常吸 |
[1:44:02] | Anything since you’ve been a mother? | 你当妈妈之后有没有吸过 |
[1:44:06] | Pot a few times. | 抽过几次大麻 |
[1:44:08] | Coke once at a party. I mean, Henry wasn’t with me. | 有一次在派对上吸过可卡因 亨利没跟我在一起 |
[1:44:14] | What would you say are your strengths as a parent? | 你觉得自己作为家长有什么优势 |
[1:44:25] | I listen. | 我倾听 |
[1:44:27] | I play. | 我跟他玩 |
[1:44:31] | I-I put in the time. I… | 我投入时间 我… |
[1:44:34] | love… | 爱… |
[1:44:36] | taking care of him… | 照顾他 |
[1:44:38] | watching him grow. | 看着他长大 |
[1:44:42] | And sometimes… | 有时候 |
[1:44:43] | what they say about “It goes so fast” is true, but… | 人们说”时光飞逝” 这是真的 但是… |
[1:44:49] | sometimes it’s not. | 有时并不是 |
[1:44:50] | Sometimes it goes too slow, honestly. | 有时过得太慢了 真的 |
[1:44:54] | What are your weaknesses? | 你的弱点呢 |
[1:44:59] | I’m too precise. I care too much. | 我太一丝不苟 我太过关心 |
[1:45:02] | Are those weaknesses? | 这些是弱点吗 |
[1:45:06] | Maybe not. | 也许不算 |
[1:45:10] | You know, he can be an asshole and… | 他有时候会犯浑 |
[1:45:14] | I can get really pissed off, | 我会动真气 |
[1:45:15] | and I’ll call him on being an asshole… | 我会骂他混蛋 |
[1:45:16] | I’m going to stop you there. | 我打断你一下 |
[1:45:18] | When you do this for real, don’t ever say that. | 你真正回答的时候 千万别那么说 |
[1:45:20] | People don’t accept mothers who drink too much wine | 人们不接受一个喝大酒 |
[1:45:22] | and yell at their child and call him an asshole. | 冲孩子大吼 管他叫混蛋的母亲 |
[1:45:25] | I get it. I do it too. | 我懂你 我也这么做 |
[1:45:27] | We can accept an imperfect dad. | 人们都能接受不完美的爸爸 |
[1:45:29] | Let’s face it, | 面对现实吧 |
[1:45:30] | the idea of a good father was only invented like 30 years ago. | “好爸爸”的概念大概三十年前才被发明出来 |
[1:45:34] | Before that, fathers were expected to be silent | 在那之前 爸爸们就该是沉默的 |
[1:45:37] | and absent and unreliable and selfish, | 不顾家的 不靠谱的 自私的 |
[1:45:41] | and can all say we want them to be different. | 我们当然想让他们有所改变 |
[1:45:44] | But on some basic level, we accept them. | 但我们内心其实是接受他们的 |
[1:45:47] | We love them for their fallibilities, | 我们爱他们的不靠谱 |
[1:45:49] | but people absolutely don’t accept those same failings in mothers. | 但如果母亲有弱点 人们是绝对不会接受的 |
[1:45:53] | We don’t accept it structurally | 不管是从结构上 |
[1:45:54] | and we don’t accept it spiritually. | 还是从精神上 |
[1:45:56] | Because the basis of our Judeo-Christian whatever | 因为我们犹太教与基督教什么的基础 |
[1:46:00] | is Mary, Mother of Jesus, and she’s perfect. | 就是耶稣之母 圣母玛利亚 而她是完美的 |
[1:46:03] | She’s a virgin who gives birth, | 她是个生了孩子的处女 |
[1:46:07] | unwaveringly supports her child and | 坚定地支持她的孩子 |
[1:46:09] | holds his dead body when he’s gone. | 孩子死后还抱着他的尸体 |
[1:46:12] | And the dad isn’t there. He didn’t even do the fucking. | 当爸的根本没露面 生孩子他连屌都没掏出来 |
[1:46:15] | God is in heaven. | 上帝在天堂 |
[1:46:17] | God is the father and God didn’t show up. | 上帝就是父亲 他没有出现 |
[1:46:21] | So, you have to be perfect, | 所以你必须完美 |
[1:46:23] | and Charlie can be a fuck up and it doesn’t matter. | 而查理就算是个废物也没关系 |
[1:46:26] | You will always be held to a different, higher standard. | 你总是会被要求达到不同的 更高的标准 |
[1:46:30] | And it’s fucked up, but that’s the way it is. | 狗屁标准 但现实就是这样 |
[1:47:01] | I think I rang the wrong bell. Nancy Katz. | 我好像按错门铃了 我是南茜·卡茨 |
[1:47:04] | Hi, I’m Charlie Barber. | 你好 我是查理·巴伯 |
[1:47:06] | Henry’s just playing in his room. | 亨利正在他的房间里玩 |
[1:47:09] | Nancy, can I get you anything? | 南茜 要喝点什么吗 |
[1:47:11] | I’m easy. A glass of water? | 我都可以 来杯水吧 |
[1:47:22] | It’s a new apartment. | 我们刚搬过来 |
[1:47:31] | Shall we go in here? | 我们去那边吧 |
[1:47:32] | Sure. | 好的 |
[1:47:50] | What’s a day like for the two of you here? | 你们俩平时怎样度过一天 |
[1:47:54] | Well, if he has school, I take him there, of course, | 如果他要上学 我就送他去 |
[1:47:56] | and pick him up, assuming I can do both. | 然后去接他 如果可以的话 |
[1:47:58] | What prevents you from picking him up? | 如果你接不了他 会是什么原因呢 |
[1:48:02] | You know, work. | 工作 你懂的 |
[1:48:03] | I’m preparing a play I’m directing in a few months. | 我在为过几个月要导演的一部戏剧做准备 |
[1:48:06] | What is that? | 什么剧 |
[1:48:07] | Kasimir and Karoline by Ödön von Horváth. | 厄登·冯·霍尔瓦特的《卡西米尔和卡罗利妮》 |
[1:48:10] | We’re doing it at the Barrow in New York. | 我们要在纽约的巴洛街剧院演出 |
[1:48:12] | So, you have to be away? | 所以你要离开家吗 |
[1:48:14] | Yes, recently, since Nicole’s been working on the show in LA, | 对 最近是这样 因为妮可在洛杉矶拍戏 |
[1:48:17] | I come back and forth a lot. | 我经常来回跑 |
[1:48:19] | – That sounds difficult. – It is. | -听上去挺辛苦的 -确实辛苦 |
[1:48:22] | And expensive. I’ll try to take him with me some of the time, | 而且很贵 我有时也试着把他带在身边 |
[1:48:25] | but Nicole doesn’t like for him to fly so much. | 但妮可不想让他到处飞来飞去 |
[1:48:27] | Well, that can be hard on a child, all that recycled air. | 坐飞机对孩子来说很辛苦 空气不流通 |
[1:48:32] | Well, he’s sturdy. | 他挺健壮的 |
[1:48:34] | Some parents won’t take their kids to a restaurant | 有些父母连餐厅都不敢带孩子去 |
[1:48:36] | because of these superbugs. | 担心感染超级病菌 |
[1:48:43] | I noticed on one visit to Los Angeles, you came on a Sunday | 我发现有一次你来洛杉矶 是周日到达 |
[1:48:46] | and left on a Thursday. | 周四离开 |
[1:48:48] | Why not stay for a weekend? | 为什么不留下来过周末 |
[1:48:51] | On that time, I had tech for Electra in New York. | 那次我要回纽约处理《厄勒克特拉》的技术问题 |
[1:48:55] | What’s that? | 那是什么 |
[1:48:58] | It was my Broadway debut. | 那是我在百老汇的首演 |
[1:49:00] | I don’t know what “tech” is. | 我不明白的是”技术问题” |
[1:49:02] | It’s the technical part of the production. | 就是剧作排演的技术环节 |
[1:49:04] | You figure out the lights. | 你要考虑灯光怎么布局 |
[1:49:05] | And Monday’s our day off in the theatre. | 而周一是剧团的休演日 |
[1:49:06] | What’s a weekend day like? | 你们周末一般怎么过 |
[1:49:07] | Well, out here, he has basketball on Saturday at 12. | 在这里 他周六上午十二点有篮球课 |
[1:49:10] | Eleven, I’m sorry. And so, we go there. And then, afterwards… | 十一点 抱歉 所以我们要去上课 然后… |
[1:49:15] | maybe we’ll get lunch somewhere, | 我们可能会去什么地方吃午饭 |
[1:49:16] | and then, if there’s a movie to see… | 接着 如果有电影可看的话… |
[1:49:19] | Does he like basketball? | 他喜欢篮球吗 |
[1:49:20] | He does. | 喜欢 |
[1:49:22] | His coach, uh, Rick, | 他的教练 瑞克 |
[1:49:23] | says he’s a good dribbler, and I’ve seen that. | 说他是个优秀的运球手 我同意 |
[1:49:26] | Ron. | 罗恩 |
[1:49:27] | Sorry, his coach’s name is Ron. | 抱歉 他的教练叫罗恩 |
[1:49:29] | Rick’s his dentist in New York. | 瑞克是他在纽约的牙医 |
[1:49:31] | Well, you know our home home was… is in New York. | 你知道我们真正的家是在纽约 |
[1:49:34] | That’s where we live. | 那里是我们生活的地方 |
[1:49:36] | New York is a long way from here. | 纽约离这里很远 |
[1:49:38] | Well, we like it because we can walk. | 我们喜欢纽约 在那儿可以步行 |
[1:49:40] | You can walk here. | 在这里也可以步行 |
[1:49:42] | Not really. | 算不上 |
[1:49:43] | And the space… | 还有空间… |
[1:49:51] | Do you like your school? | 你喜欢你的学校吗 |
[1:49:53] | I love it. | 我很喜欢 |
[1:49:55] | What’s your favorite part about it? | 你最喜欢学校哪一点 |
[1:49:57] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[1:50:00] | Maybe gym. | 可能是体育吧 |
[1:50:01] | You like math. | 你喜欢数学 |
[1:50:03] | Not anymore. | 现在不喜欢了 |
[1:50:06] | – Thanks. – You’re welcome. | -谢谢 -不用谢 |
[1:50:08] | – But you’re getting really good at it. – No. | -但你学得很好啊 -不好 |
[1:50:11] | Well, you are, but… | 就是好 不过… |
[1:50:15] | What do you and your dad like to do together? | 你和你爸爸喜欢一起做什么 |
[1:50:18] | When I’m at my dad’s, we sometimes watch a movie, | 我跟爸爸住时 有时会一起看电影 |
[1:50:21] | or build a Lego, or something. | 或者搭乐高之类的 |
[1:50:23] | My dad’s a great Lego builder. | 我爸爸搭乐高很厉害 |
[1:50:26] | And at your mom’s? | 那跟妈妈住的时候呢 |
[1:50:28] | At home, I have most of my toys, and there’s a pool, | 我大部分的玩具都在家里 而且还有游泳池 |
[1:50:32] | and I have a tree house and jungle gym. | 我还有个树屋 还有攀爬架 |
[1:50:36] | We have super secret treasure hunt, which is really fun. | 我们一起玩超级秘密寻宝游戏 非常有趣 |
[1:50:40] | – Sweetheart? – Army men ride in here and… | -宝贝 -士兵骑马过来… |
[1:50:44] | Want to help me set the table? | 想帮我摆桌子吗 |
[1:50:46] | Do I have to? | 必须摆吗 |
[1:50:47] | – Just come in here and grab a plate. – I’m playing. | -过来拿个盘子 -我在玩呢 |
[1:50:50] | Henry? | 亨利 |
[1:50:52] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[1:50:54] | Fine. | 好吧 |
[1:50:59] | – Why are you being like this? – What? | -你为什么这样 -怎么样 |
[1:51:01] | If I ask you to help out, help out. | 如果我让你帮忙 你就来帮忙 |
[1:51:03] | – What is this? – Special Meal. | -这是什么 -特别大餐 |
[1:51:06] | What are the green things? | 这绿色的是什么东西 |
[1:51:08] | There aren’t green things in Special Meal. | 特别大餐没有绿色的东西 |
[1:51:10] | It’s just a garnish. | 那是配菜 |
[1:51:13] | I’ll take it off. | 我会把它拿掉 |
[1:51:15] | I don’t want to eat anything it touched. | 我不想吃它碰到过的东西 |
[1:51:16] | It doesn’t change the taste of anything. | 它没有影响任何东西的味道 |
[1:51:18] | I might want to be a vegetarian. | 我有点想当素食者 |
[1:51:21] | Mom’s a vegetarian. | 妈妈就是素食者 |
[1:51:22] | Is she a vegetarian now? | 她现在是素食主义者了吗 |
[1:51:24] | – Yeah. – Well, then, you should like garnish. | -对 -那你应该喜欢配菜啊 |
[1:51:26] | It’s all garnish, vegetarianism. | 素食主义就是只吃配菜的 |
[1:51:30] | I’m done with my water. | 我的水喝完了 |
[1:51:41] | Sure I can’t get you anything? | 你真的不一起吃点吗 |
[1:51:43] | No, I’m fine, thank you. | 不用了 谢谢 |
[1:51:47] | Do the thing with the knife. | 玩一下那把刀 |
[1:51:49] | No, I’m not. | 我不玩 |
[1:51:51] | No. | 不行 |
[1:51:53] | Come on. | 来嘛 |
[1:51:54] | It’s not a dinner thing. | 吃饭时玩不合适 |
[1:51:59] | It’s not an any time thing. | 任何时候都不合适 |
[1:52:01] | What’s the thing with the knife? | 玩刀子是怎么回事 |
[1:52:03] | It’s hilarious. | 很搞笑的 |
[1:52:04] | No, it’s dumb. I have a small knife on my keychain, | 不 很傻的 我的钥匙扣上有一把小刀 |
[1:52:07] | which is only for adults. | 只有大人可以用 |
[1:52:10] | And I do a thing with it sometimes. | 我有时候会拿它来玩 |
[1:52:13] | You said I could get a knife. | 你说会给我一把刀的 |
[1:52:15] | A jackknife, yeah, when you’re older. | 对 一把折叠刀 等你长大一些 |
[1:52:18] | Like ten. | 比如十岁 |
[1:52:19] | No, like 20. | 不 比如二十岁 |
[1:52:21] | Yeah. | 好吧 |
[1:52:28] | Dime, rime, lime, pime, sime… | 迟间 瓷间 之间… |
[1:52:32] | Honey, stop guessing. You’re so close. Stay with it. | 宝贝 别猜了 很接近了 专注点 |
[1:52:35] | I don’t want to do it. | 我不想学了 |
[1:52:36] | What’s the first letter? | 第一个字是什么 |
[1:52:38] | I don’t want to do it. Can I do the iPad? | 我不想学了 我可以去玩iPad吗 |
[1:52:40] | No, look. What’s the first letter? | 不行 快看 第一个字是什么 |
[1:52:42] | – I don’t want to. – It’s a T. What sound does T make? | -我不想学了 -是”时” “时”字怎么读 |
[1:52:44] | – Tuh. – Right. Then just do the rest of it. | -Shi -对 那这个词怎么读呢 |
[1:52:47] | Dime. | 迟间 |
[1:52:49] | No. | 不对 |
[1:52:50] | You have “tuh” and “ime.” What is that? | 一个读shi 一个读jian 连在一起呢 |
[1:52:55] | Time. | 时间 |
[1:52:57] | It’s time. | 是时间 |
[1:52:59] | It’s time. | 是时间 |
[1:53:05] | You’ll see, honey. | 等着瞧吧 宝贝 |
[1:53:06] | One day, it’s just going to click | 有一天你一开窍 |
[1:53:07] | and you’ll be able to read everything. | 就什么都能读了 |
[1:53:10] | I need a break. | 我想休息一下 |
[1:53:12] | Can I go play in my room? | 我可以到房间里去玩吗 |
[1:53:14] | Sure. | 好 |
[1:53:20] | Yeah? | 什么事 |
[1:53:38] | Do you ever observe married people? | 你观察过已婚夫妇吗 |
[1:53:40] | No. Why would I? | 没有 为什么要观察 |
[1:53:42] | I was kidding. | 我说笑的 |
[1:53:55] | The knife thing is… I carry this knife on my keychain, | 关于那把刀…我钥匙扣上有一把刀 |
[1:53:59] | which his mother got me, actually. | 其实是他妈妈送给我的 |
[1:54:02] | And I do this thing for his mom where I pretend to cut myself, | 我会在他妈妈面前假装割伤自己 |
[1:54:05] | but I retract the blade, | 但其实我把刀刃收起来了 |
[1:54:06] | but I-I don’t do it with him. | 但我不会在孩子面前这么做的 |
[1:54:13] | – That’s fine. – Are you okay? | -没关系的 -你没事吧 |
[1:54:14] | Yeah, I must not have retracted the blade all the way. | 没事 我肯定是没把刀刃完全收回去 |
[1:54:17] | – Do you need… – Yeah. | -你要不要… -嗯 |
[1:54:20] | Yeah, no, it’s fine. | 嗯 不用 没事的 |
[1:54:22] | What else can I tell you? | 你还需要了解什么吗 |
[1:54:25] | – I think I have enough. – You have enough? | -我觉得了解得够了 -你觉得够了 |
[1:54:28] | – Are you sure you’re okay? – Totally. I’m fine. | -你真的没事吗 -没事 一点事也没有 |
[1:54:32] | Well, I’ll leave you guys for tonight. | 那我今晚就不打扰你们了 |
[1:54:35] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[1:54:37] | I’ll be in touch if I have further questions. | 如果我有别的问题会再联系你的 |
[1:54:42] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[1:54:45] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[1:54:49] | Thanks. Thank you for the water. | 谢谢 谢谢你给我倒水喝 |
[1:54:51] | – Yeah, sure. – Are you sure you’re okay? | -不客气 -你真的没事吗 |
[1:54:53] | – Yeah. – Okay. | -没事 -好吧 |
[1:54:56] | – Bye-bye. – Bye. | -再见 -再见 |
[1:55:03] | Sorry. | 不好意思 |
[1:55:05] | All right, let… | 好了 我来… |
[1:55:09] | I think you turn the… | 我觉得要转这个… |
[1:55:14] | – Okay. – Sorry. | -好 -不好意思 |
[1:55:16] | Okay. | 好 |
[1:56:20] | Dad, are you okay? | 爸爸 你没事吧 |
[1:56:22] | Yeah, I’m just tired. | 没事 我只是累了 |
[1:56:41] | Dad, did she like us? | 爸爸 她喜欢我们吗 |
[1:56:44] | Yeah, she thought we were great. | 喜欢 她觉得我们很棒 |
[1:56:57] | ♪ You could drive a person crazy ♪ | ♪ 你会令人发疯 ♪ |
[1:56:59] | ♪ You could drive a person mad ♪ | ♪ 你会令人发狂 ♪ |
[1:57:02] | ♪ First you make a person hazy ♪ | ♪ 你先令人懵懂 ♪ |
[1:57:05] | ♪ So a person could be had ♪ | ♪ 让她变得容易占有 ♪ |
[1:57:09] | ♪ But worse than that ♪ | ♪ 但更过分的是 ♪ |
[1:57:10] | ♪ a person that ♪ | ♪ 一个人 ♪ |
[1:57:11] | ♪ titillates a person and leaves her flat ♪ | ♪ 挑逗了别人 又把她晾在一边 ♪ |
[1:57:14] | ♪ is crazy ♪ | ♪ 是如此疯狂 ♪ |
[1:57:16] | ♪ He’s a troubled person ♪ | ♪ 他脑子有点毛病 ♪ |
[1:57:18] | ♪ He’s a truly crazy person himself ♪ | ♪ 他就是个疯狂的家伙 ♪ |
[1:57:25] | ♪ Knock-knock! Is anybody there? ♪ | ♪ 咚咚 有人吗 ♪ |
[1:57:31] | ♪ Knock-knock! It really isn’t fair ♪ | ♪ 咚咚 这真的不公平 ♪ |
[1:57:36] | ♪ Knock-knock! I’m workin’ all my charms ♪ | ♪ 咚咚 我正在练习施展魅力 ♪ |
[1:57:42] | ♪ Knock-knock! A zombie’s in my arms ♪ | ♪ 咚咚 我怀里有个僵尸 ♪ |
[1:57:47] | ♪ All that sweet affection ♪ | ♪ 所有甜蜜的爱慕 ♪ |
[1:57:50] | ♪ What is wrong? ♪ | ♪ 都怎么了 ♪ |
[1:57:53] | ♪ Where’s the loose connection? ♪ | ♪ 松散的关系去了哪里 ♪ |
[1:57:56] | ♪ How long, oh Lord, how long? ♪ | ♪ 多久 老天 还要多久 ♪ |
[1:57:58] | ♪ You’re crazy ♪ | ♪ 你很疯狂 ♪ |
[1:58:00] | ♪ You’re a lovely person ♪ | ♪ 你是个可爱的人 ♪ |
[1:58:02] | ♪ You’re a moving ♪ | ♪ 你就是个令人感动 ♪ |
[1:58:04] | ♪ deeply maladjusted ♪ | ♪ 严重心理失调 ♪ |
[1:58:05] | ♪ never to be trusted ♪ | ♪ 永远不可信任的 ♪ |
[1:58:06] | ♪ Crazy person yourself ♪ | ♪ 疯狂的人 ♪ |
[1:58:12] | ♪ Bobby is my hobby and I’m giving it up ♪ | ♪ 博比是我的爱好 但我要放弃了 ♪ |
[1:58:20] | Guys, slow down. | 孩子们 别乱跑 |
[1:58:23] | So… | 这样… |
[1:58:24] | because Charlie dropped his claim to New York, | 因为查理放弃了搬回纽约的要求 |
[1:58:26] | we’re mostly done. | 我们就要成功了 |
[1:58:28] | Jay’s lost interest, | 杰伊失去兴趣了 |
[1:58:29] | and Ted, his associate, is doing the paperwork. | 他的同事泰德在处理文书工作 |
[1:58:32] | And we’re not taking any money, right? | 我们一分钱不拿 对吧 |
[1:58:34] | We withdrew our claim for the MacArthur, | 我们放弃了平分麦克阿瑟奖金 |
[1:58:36] | which I think we could have gotten, by the way, | 顺便说一句 我觉得我们是可以争取到的 |
[1:58:38] | and they’re not asking for any of the show. | 而他们也不要电视剧的钱了 |
[1:58:41] | Thank you for everything, Nora. | 谢谢你所做的一切 诺拉 |
[1:58:43] | You’re welcome, doll. | 不用谢 小美人 |
[1:58:46] | To your new home in LA. | 敬你在洛杉矶的新家 |
[1:58:52] | And… | 还有 |
[1:58:54] | whenever Charlie is in LA, | 要是查理来洛杉矶了 |
[1:58:55] | I got the custody breakdown to be 55/45. | 我把监护权细分成了55比45 |
[1:58:58] | So you’ll have Henry an extra day every two weeks. | 也就是每两周你都能多陪亨利一天 |
[1:59:02] | I thought we made it equal. | 我们不是对半分了吗 |
[1:59:03] | I tweaked it at the last minute. | 我在最后时刻做了点微调 |
[1:59:05] | I just didn’t want him to be able to say he got 50/50, | 我就是看不惯他说自己拿到了一半监护权 |
[1:59:08] | bragging to his friends. | 在朋友面前吹牛 |
[1:59:10] | – But I don’t want to do that. – Take it. | -但我不想这么做 -受着吧 |
[1:59:13] | You won. | 你赢了 |
[1:59:40] | Hi. You look like a guy who really cares about animals. | 你看上去是很关爱动物的人啊 |
[1:59:42] | Nope. | 不是 |
[2:00:03] | Oh, my God! | 我的天 |
[2:00:21] | The couch was technically hers, pre-marriage. | 沙发严格来说是她的 婚前资产 |
[2:00:24] | But I mean… it was our couch. | 但是 这是我们的沙发啊 |
[2:00:26] | It’s not like I was going to buy another couch. | 我又不会特地再去买一套 |
[2:00:28] | But then when it comes time to split, it’s suddenly her couch | 但到分财产的时候 突然就变成她的沙发 |
[2:00:30] | and I have no couch, and… | 我就没有沙发了 |
[2:00:32] | Hey, guys, what’s up? | 大家好啊 |
[2:00:34] | I’m sitting on the floor is the short version. | 简而言之就是我现在坐在地板上 |
[2:00:39] | I’m sorry. This is all so self-pitying and boring. | 抱歉 我的自怜自艾让你们无聊了 |
[2:00:42] | No, come on. | 哪有的事 |
[2:00:43] | No, I’m so stupid. I’m sorry. | 我真是太蠢了 抱歉 |
[2:00:45] | – It sounds really tough. – No, no, no, no. It is sad. | -确实不容易 -没有没有 是很伤感 |
[2:00:55] | ♪ Someone to hold you too close ♪ | ♪ 有谁会把你抱得太紧 ♪ |
[2:00:59] | ♪ Someone to hurt you too deep ♪ | ♪ 有谁会把你伤得太深 ♪ |
[2:01:03] | ♪ Someone to sit in your chair ♪ | ♪ 有谁会端坐在你面前 ♪ |
[2:01:06] | ♪ To ruin your sleep ♪ | ♪ 让你无法入眠 ♪ |
[2:01:07] | It’s true, but there’s more than that. | 没错 但还不止如此 |
[2:01:09] | Is that all you think there is to it? | 你们以为就只有这些吗 |
[2:01:11] | You have so many reasons for not being with someone, Robert, | 不跟一个人在一起的理由有很多 罗伯特 |
[2:01:14] | but you haven’t got one good reason for being alone. | 但你却说不出一个单身的好理由 |
[2:01:15] | C’mon, you’re onto something. Robbie, you’re onto something. | 有什么发现 罗比 你有什么发现了 |
[2:01:18] | ♪ Someone to need you too much ♪ | ♪ 有谁会太依赖你 ♪ |
[2:01:22] | ♪ Someone to know you too well ♪ | ♪ 有谁会太了解你 ♪ |
[2:01:26] | ♪ Someone to pull you up short ♪ | ♪ 有谁会突然制止你 ♪ |
[2:01:29] | ♪ To put you through hell ♪ | ♪ 让你历经苦难 ♪ |
[2:01:31] | You see what you look for, you know? | 你得有个奔头 知道吗 |
[2:01:32] | You’re not a kid anymore, Robbie. | 你不是个小孩了 罗比 |
[2:01:34] | I don’t think you’ll ever be a kid again, kiddo. | 你也没办法再变回小孩了 |
[2:01:36] | ♪ Being alive ♪ | ♪ 我还活着 ♪ |
[2:01:40] | ♪ Being alive ♪ | ♪ 我还活着 ♪ |
[2:01:44] | ♪ Being alive ♪ | ♪ 我还活着 ♪ |
[2:01:49] | Blow out the candles, Robert, and make a wish. | 吹灭蜡烛 罗伯特 再许个愿 |
[2:01:52] | Want something. | 有所渴望 |
[2:01:54] | Want something. | 有所诉求 |
[2:02:00] | ♪ Somebody hold me too close ♪ | ♪ 谁来把我抱得太紧 ♪ |
[2:02:04] | ♪ Somebody hurt me too deep ♪ | ♪ 谁来把我伤得太深 ♪ |
[2:02:08] | ♪ Somebody sit in my chair ♪ | ♪ 谁来端坐在我面前 ♪ |
[2:02:11] | ♪ And ruin my sleep ♪ | ♪ 让我无法入眠 ♪ |
[2:02:12] | ♪ And make me aware of being alive ♪ | ♪ 让我感觉到自己还活着 ♪ |
[2:02:18] | ♪ Being alive ♪ | ♪ 我还活着 ♪ |
[2:02:23] | ♪ Somebody need me too much ♪ | ♪ 谁会太过需要我 ♪ |
[2:02:27] | ♪ Somebody know me too well ♪ | ♪ 谁会太过了解我 ♪ |
[2:02:30] | ♪ Somebody pull me up short ♪ | ♪ 谁会突然制止我 ♪ |
[2:02:33] | ♪ And put me through hell ♪ | ♪ 让我历经苦难 ♪ |
[2:02:35] | ♪ And give me support for being alive ♪ | ♪ 给我活下去的动力 ♪ |
[2:02:41] | ♪ Make me alive ♪ | ♪ 让我重生 ♪ |
[2:02:44] | ♪ Make me alive ♪ | ♪ 让我重生 ♪ |
[2:02:48] | ♪ Make me confused ♪ | ♪ 让我疑惑 ♪ |
[2:02:52] | ♪ Mock me with praise ♪ | ♪ 用赞美嘲笑我 ♪ |
[2:02:55] | ♪ Let me be used ♪ | ♪ 尽情利用我 ♪ |
[2:02:59] | ♪ Vary my days ♪ | ♪ 改变我的年岁 ♪ |
[2:03:04] | ♪ But alone ♪ | ♪ 但孤独 ♪ |
[2:03:07] | ♪ Is alone ♪ | ♪ 就是孤独 ♪ |
[2:03:11] | ♪ Not alive ♪ | ♪ 这不是活着 ♪ |
[2:03:18] | ♪ Somebody crowd me with love ♪ | ♪ 谁会让我沐浴在爱里 ♪ |
[2:03:22] | ♪ Somebody force me to care ♪ | ♪ 谁会逼迫我多去关心 ♪ |
[2:03:25] | ♪ Somebody make me come through ♪ | ♪ 谁会让我安然无恙 ♪ |
[2:03:28] | ♪ I’ll always be there ♪ | ♪ 我会一直在那里 ♪ |
[2:03:30] | ♪ As frightened as you ♪ | ♪ 和你一样惶恐 ♪ |
[2:03:32] | ♪ To help us survive ♪ | ♪ 让我们活下来 ♪ |
[2:03:35] | ♪ Being alive ♪ | ♪ 我还活着 ♪ |
[2:03:39] | ♪ Being alive ♪ | ♪ 我还活着 ♪ |
[2:03:42] | ♪ Being alive ♪ | ♪ 我还活着 ♪ |
[2:04:08] | Hello? | 有人吗 |
[2:04:20] | Hello? | 有人在吗 |
[2:04:23] | Hi. Sorry, the door was open. | 抱歉 门开着我就进来了 |
[2:04:26] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[2:04:30] | Gotcha! | 逮住你了 |
[2:04:33] | Charlie! | 查理 |
[2:04:35] | Was your flight okay? | 一路还顺利吗 |
[2:04:36] | – Yeah. – Carter. | -嗯 -我是卡特 |
[2:04:38] | Charlie. | 我是查理 |
[2:04:39] | Nicole’s still at work. | 妮可还没下班 |
[2:04:49] | Can I get a hug? | 不抱一下吗 |
[2:04:56] | How’d it go? | 怎么样 |
[2:04:57] | Good, yeah. Donny’s dead now. | 挺好的 唐尼死了 |
[2:04:59] | We shot the scene where he merges with the ficus. | 我们拍了那场他和榕树融为一体的戏 |
[2:05:00] | – Henry’s upstairs. – She got an Emmy nomination. | -亨利上楼了 -她提名了艾美奖 |
[2:05:03] | – She’s a great actress. – No, for directing. | -她确实是个好演员 -不 是提名的导演奖 |
[2:05:07] | – Congratulations. – Thanks. | -恭喜 -谢谢 |
[2:05:09] | Now I know what you were so obsessed with all the time. | 我现在可算是明白你一直痴迷的是什么了 |
[2:05:12] | – We should get ready. – Yeah. | -我们得做准备了 -好 |
[2:05:14] | – We’re the Beatles. – Come on, Charlie. | -我们扮披头士乐队 -一起吧查理 |
[2:05:16] | I didn’t really get a costume together. | 我没准备万圣节服装 |
[2:05:17] | – You could be George Martin. – I don’t need to be anything. | -你可以扮乔治·马丁啊 -我谁都不当 |
[2:05:17] | 披头士乐队的专辑制作人 被称为”第五披头士” | |
[2:05:19] | – You’ve got to be something. – A ghost. I’ll get you a sheet. | -至少装扮下嘛 -那就扮鬼 我给你拿床单 |
[2:05:21] | I have the album cover if anyone needs to reference it. | 我有专辑封面图给大家做参考 |
[2:05:23] | And we should leave soon. | 我们动作得快点 |
[2:05:25] | I’m saying that as much for me as anyone else. | 这话不是说给我一个人听的哦 |
[2:05:27] | – Am I John or George? – Trick-or-treating starts at 5:00. | -我是约翰还是乔治来着 -五点开始讨糖 |
[2:05:29] | You’re George. Nicole is John. | 你是乔治 妮可是约翰 |
[2:05:38] | I wanted to tell you I took a residency at UCLA. | 我接了加大洛杉矶分校的驻留项目 |
[2:05:42] | I’m going to direct two plays in rep at REDCAT. | 我要在加州艺术剧院导两部常备剧目 |
[2:05:48] | So, I’m going to be here for a while. | 所以会在这里住一段时间 |
[2:05:53] | That’s great. | 那很好啊 |
[2:05:57] | Are you okay? | 你没事吧 |
[2:06:01] | Yeah. | 没事 |
[2:06:04] | It’s only good. | 这是好事 |
[2:06:06] | Nicole? | 妮可 |
[2:06:08] | Can you help me with my zipper? | 你能帮我拉下拉链吗 |
[2:06:30] | “Charlie is… in… cr…” | “查理极…” |
[2:06:33] | …something. | 什么的 |
[2:06:34] | “…neat | “注意整洁 |
[2:06:35] | and I re-ly on him | 我要靠他 |
[2:06:39] | to keep things in or-der. | 才能让一切井井有条 |
[2:06:45] | He is energy con…” | 他很有节能意…” |
[2:06:48] | I don’t know what this word is. | 我不认识这个字 |
[2:06:49] | You’re getting so good at reading. | 你都认识这么多字了 |
[2:06:51] | What is that? | 那是什么 |
[2:06:55] | “He doesn’t look in the mirror too of-ten. | “他不经常照镜子 |
[2:07:00] | He cries eas-ily in movies… | 他看电影时很容易落泪 |
[2:07:05] | He is very self-suf…” | 他非常自…自” |
[2:07:09] | Self-sufficient. | 自立 |
[2:07:11] | “He can dar-n a sock…” | “他会补袜子” |
[2:07:14] | That means sew, like a hole. | 缝补的意思 补洞 |
[2:07:18] | “…and cook himself dinner | “给自己做晚饭 |
[2:07:21] | and ir…” | 烫…” |
[2:07:24] | Break it into two parts. | 分成两部分读 |
[2:07:26] | “…Ur. On.” | “忒 盎” |
[2:07:27] | Not “Ur” But “Ire.” | 不是”忒” 是”特” |
[2:07:29] | Ire. On. | “特” “盎” |
[2:07:31] | Iron. | 烫 |
[2:07:34] | “…a shirt. | “衬衣 |
[2:07:37] | He rarely gets def-eated, | 他很少会有挫败感 |
[2:07:40] | which I fell… | 而我却 |
[2:07:44] | feel like I always do. | 我却经常有 |
[2:07:48] | Charlie takes all of my moods stead-ily. | 查理从容地接纳我所有情绪 |
[2:07:52] | He doesn’t give in to them | 他不会被我的这些情绪影响 |
[2:07:55] | or make me feel bad about them. | 或让我因此难堪 |
[2:07:58] | He’s a great dress-er and never looks em…” | 他很会穿搭 他从不会打扮…” |
[2:08:01] | – I don’t know this one. – Embarrassing. | -我不认识这个词 -不得体 |
[2:08:04] | “…embarrassing, | “不得体 |
[2:08:05] | wh-ich is hard for a man.” | 男人很难做到这一点” |
[2:08:10] | You read it now. | 接下来你读 |
[2:08:13] | “He’s very competitive. | “他非常争强好胜 |
[2:08:16] | He loves being a dad. | 他很喜欢当爸爸 |
[2:08:18] | He loves all the things you’re supposed to hate, | 他喜欢一切本应遭人讨厌的事情 |
[2:08:21] | like the tantrums, | 例如孩子耍性子 |
[2:08:23] | the waking up at night. | 或半夜醒来 |
[2:08:25] | It’s almost annoying how much he likes it, | 他如此热衷于这些事 几乎都让人生厌了 |
[2:08:28] | but then, it’s mostly nice. | 但是 大多数情况还是挺好的 |
[2:08:31] | He disappears into his own world. | 他总是沉浸在自己的世界里 |
[2:08:33] | He and Henry are alike that way. | 他和亨利这点很像 |
[2:08:36] | He can tell people they have food in their teeth | 有人牙齿上或脸上沾了食物 |
[2:08:41] | or on their face in a way that doesn’t make them feel bad. | 他都会以一种不会让人难堪的方式指出 |
[2:08:45] | Charlie is self made. | 查理白手起家 |
[2:08:47] | His parents, I only met them once, | 他的父母 我只见过一次 |
[2:08:49] | but he told me there was a lot of alcohol… | 但是他告诉我 他小时候父母经常酗酒… |
[2:08:56] | He moved to New York from Indiana | 他没给自己留退路 |
[2:08:59] | with no safety net, | 就从印第安纳州搬到了纽约 |
[2:09:00] | and now he’s more New Yorker than any New Yorker. | 现在他比任何纽约人都更像纽约人 |
[2:09:04] | He’s brilliant at creating family out of whoever is around. | 无论跟谁在一起 他都很擅长营造家的氛围 |
[2:09:07] | With the theater company… | 在剧团里 |
[2:09:09] | he casts a spell… | 他就像施了魔咒一般 |
[2:09:12] | that made everyone feel included. | 让所有人都很有归属感 |
[2:09:14] | No one, not even an intern, was unimportant.” | 所有人都同等重要 哪怕是实习生也一样” |
[2:09:19] | What’s an intern? | 实习生是什么 |
[2:09:20] | It’s like a… | 实习生就像是 |
[2:09:22] | helper, but who isn’t paid. | 帮工 但没有工资 |
[2:09:24] | Why aren’t they paid? | 为什么没工资 |
[2:09:27] | They’re young, they’re learning. | 他们还年轻 需要不断学习 |
[2:09:30] | I don’t know, maybe if they do a good job, they get paid later. | 我也说不准 如果他们工作出色的话就会有钱拿了 |
[2:09:33] | Okay, keep going. | 好吧 继续读 |
[2:09:35] | “He could remember all the inside jokes, | “他能记住所有圈内笑话 |
[2:09:37] | he’s extremely organized and thorough, | 他做事非常有条理 极其细致 |
[2:09:39] | he’s very clear about what he wants, | 他非常清楚自己想要什么 |
[2:09:41] | unlike me who can’t always tell. | 不像我 有时会搞不清楚 |
[2:09:43] | I fell in love with him two seconds after I saw him. | 我对他一见钟情 |
[2:10:10] | And I’ll never stop loving him, | 我永远不会停止爱他 |
[2:10:12] | even though it doesn’t make sense anymore.” | 即使已经没有任何意义了” |
[2:10:28] | – See you. Good seeing you. – Good seeing you too. | -再会 见到你很高兴 -我也是 |
[2:10:32] | – Charlie! – G-ma. | -查理 -外婆 |
[2:10:33] | I’m so happy you came. | 你能来我真是太高兴了 |
[2:10:35] | I’ll email you that article. | 我回头把文章电邮给你 |
[2:10:37] | – Yes, please do. – Yeah. | -一定记得 -好 |
[2:10:38] | – All right. Thank you. – Take care. | -好了 谢谢 -保重 |
[2:10:44] | We were going to bring him to dinner, but he’s so wiped out. | 我们准备带他去吃晚餐 但他累坏了 |
[2:10:47] | You want to take him? | 你带他行吗 |
[2:10:50] | – It’s your night. – I know. | -今晚归你啊 -我知道 |
[2:10:52] | – Yeah. I’ll drop him back in the morning. – Good. | -好 我明早送他回来 -好的 |
[2:10:54] | Yeah, text me when you’re up. We’ll figure something out. | 你们醒了就发信息给我 到时候再说 |
[2:10:56] | You’re going to go with your dad, okay? | 你今天跟爸爸一起 好吗 |
[2:10:58] | – Okay. – Yeah? | -好的 -乖 |
[2:11:11] | I love you. | 我爱你 |
[2:11:13] | I love you too. | 我也爱你 |
[2:11:33] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |