时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:24] | Ivan Kinetko. | |
[00:26] | Ivan Kinetko, this is the Greater Phoenix Police! | Ivan Kinetko, 我们是凤凰城警察! |
[00:29] | We have a warrant for your arrest. | 我们要拘捕你. |
[00:31] | The building is completely surrounded. | 房子已经被完全包围. |
[00:33] | Present yourself at the front door | 双手放在头后15秒内站到门口来 |
[00:35] | with your hands above your head in 15 seconds or we’re coming in. | 否则我们将强行进入 |
[00:39] | It’s okay, baby. Just stay covered up. Don’t panic. | 亲爱的没关系,盖上被子不要紧张. |
[00:41] | Mr. Kinetko, you have ten seconds! | Kinetko先生, 你还有10秒钟! |
[00:44] | Ten seconds to what? | 10秒钟干嘛? |
[00:46] | Can’t we talk? | 我们可以谈一谈吗? |
[00:48] | Can’t a man bring his girlfriend to a hotel for… | 难道不可以和女朋友开房吗… |
[00:52] | Stay covered, baby, stay covered. Don’t worry– this is not about you. This is about me. | 盖好了 宝贝.别担心.跟你没关系 是我的事情. |
[00:56] | Don’t move! Don’t move! | 不许动! |
[00:58] | You just stay covered there. Don’t you compromise your modesty. | 你盖好被子在那儿别动. 不要伤了大体. |
[01:00] | You haven’t done anything wrong. | 你没有做错事. |
[01:02] | Have you no decency? Have you no shame? | 你们就不能文明一点吗?不觉得难堪吗? |
[01:05] | Turn your backs and let the woman get dressed. | 转过身去 让女士把衣服穿好. |
[01:09] | Don’t worry, darling. I am going to call my lawyer as soon as I get to the station. | 放心 亲爱的 到了警察局 我会马上给律师打电话. |
[01:14] | He will have this whole thing unwound faster than you can say “ACLU.” | 你还没说完”ACLU” 他就能把整件事情解决掉. |
[01:22] | Miss? | 女士? |
[01:25] | I understand your discomfort, | 我了解你的窘迫, |
[01:26] | but I’m going to need you to tell me who you are and show me some identification. | 但我需要你告诉我身份并出示证件. |
[01:33] | Miss? | 女士? |
[01:41] | Oh, man… | 我的天啊… |
[01:44] | What you got there, Ronny? Is she underage? | 你发现了什么 Ronny? 她还未成年吗? |
[01:46] | No. | 不是. |
[01:48] | Kinda the opposite problem. | 恰好相反. |
[01:50] | Looks like she’s been dead about two weeks. | 看起来 她两星期前就已经死掉了. |
[01:58] | I’m sorry. I’m sorry. | 对不起 对不起. |
[02:02] | I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to scream. Mommy just had a bad dream. | 对不起 我不是有意要尖叫的. 妈妈做了个恶梦. |
[02:06] | Mommy… you gotta stop doing that! Please, stop doing that. | 妈妈 别这样了! 请你别再这样做. |
[02:09] | Yeah, Mommy. | 就是. |
[02:11] | Could you maybe stop doing that? | 也许你能停止那样做? |
[03:00] | Mom! It’s 37 after 7:00 and I haven’t eaten and I don’t have any lunch money and today’s the class trip | 妈妈! 7点37啦 我还没吃早餐呢 午餐钱也没给我 今天还有班级活动 |
[03:05] | so I have to have my blue jumper and you didn’t sign my permission slip | 所以我要穿那件蓝色的毛衣 你还没在我的同意书上签字呢 |
[03:09] | and Bridgette… she’s picking her nose and throwing snot balls at me. | 还有Bridgette…她在挖鼻孔 还往我身上醒鼻涕. |
[03:12] | You lie! | 你在说谎! |
[03:13] | I’m going to kill you! | 我要杀了你! |
[03:15] | You kill me and I’ll tell Mom! | 你要杀我我就告诉妈妈! |
[03:18] | Get out of bed and deal with your children. | 起来吧 管管你的孩子. |
[03:22] | Can’t you hear them? They need you. | 你没听到吗? 他们需要你. |
[03:25] | Oh, I’ll be damned if I know what my son sees in you. | 噢如果我知道儿子从你身上看到了什么 我就死定了. |
[03:28] | It’s okay. You already are damned. | 无所谓了. 反正你早就死了. |
[03:32] | It’s a beautiful day in the neighborhood. | 今天真是美好的一天. |
[03:35] | A beautiful day for a neighbor. | 在可爱的一天走访邻居. |
[03:37] | Would you be mine? | 你要当我的邻居吗? |
[03:40] | Hey, Hot Lips, this is your wake-up call. | 嘿 性感的双唇 该起床了. |
[03:42] | Go away. | 走开吧. |
[03:44] | It’s not a beautiful day. Do you not hear the death threats wafting in from the hall? | 今天并不美好. 难道你没听见厅子那边的死亡威胁吗? |
[03:48] | Hey, kids, stop threatening to kill each other. | 孩子们 别威胁说要相互残杀啦. |
[03:51] | Mommy finds it depressing. | 这让妈妈很沮丧. |
[03:52] | I don’t want to get up. You’re right. I’m depressed. | 我不想起床. 你说的没错. 我就是很沮丧. |
[03:55] | You know what depression is? | 你知道沮丧所指的是什么吗? |
[03:57] | It’s un-channelled anger. | 它是无法排解的愤怒. |
[03:59] | Thank you. Thank you. | 谢谢. |
[04:01] | Everything’s different now. | 一切都变得不一样了. |
[04:03] | But I’m still not getting up. | 但我还是不想起来. |
[04:05] | Come on, Allison… | 起来吧, Allison… |
[04:06] | Did you not hear her? Did you not hear Ariel? | 没听到Ariel的声音吗? |
[04:10] | She’s got a thrilling day lined up. | 她今天的行程真是紧张刺激啊. |
[04:12] | Class trip, snot ball dodging, sister killing. | 班级活动 鼻涕大战, 姐妹厮杀. |
[04:17] | She’s nine years old. | 她才9岁. |
[04:19] | I, on the other hand, am 33 | 而我呢 已经33岁了 |
[04:22] | and when you go to work and the girls go to school I have nothing to look forward to. | 等你上了班 孩子们上了学 我就没什么盼头了. |
[04:26] | Al… | |
[04:27] | If I organize one more drawer, I’ll go out of my mind. | 如果再让我整理一个抽屉 我会疯掉的. |
[04:31] | Objective observation? | 客观的观察结果? |
[04:32] | Ever since you made the decision not to go to law school, | 自从你决定不上法学院, |
[04:35] | to go to work for the D.A. as a consultant… | 而是到地方检察署当顾问以后… |
[04:37] | – I don’t know, you seem kinda… – Bitchy? Cranky? Pissed off? | – 我不知道该怎么说 你变得有点… – 爱发牢骚? 古怪? 容易生气? |
[04:41] | You can read minds. | 你的确知道别人脑子里的想法. |
[04:44] | It’s hard. They never call. He said he wanted to use me but… | 真让人受煎熬. 他们一直没来过电话. 他说过要用我的 但是… |
[04:48] | Maybe he changed his mind. | 或许他改变主意了. |
[04:50] | I don’t think he changed his mind. It’s Phoenix. | 我觉得不是. 这里是凤凰城. |
[04:53] | How many cases do you think there are where he can actually use someone like you? | 能有几宗案件用得上像你这样的人才呢? |
[04:57] | He’ll call. | 他会给你打电话的. |
[04:59] | When he’s got something where he needs you, he’ll call. | 用得上你的时候就会给你打了. |
[05:01] | Ooh… I know what I meant to ask you. | 噢 我想起来要问你什么了. |
[05:03] | This’ll cheer you up. | 这会让你高兴起来的. |
[05:05] | What’s the chance of us getting a sitter tonight? | 今晚找个保姆的可能性有多大? |
[05:06] | The Siscos want to have dinner. | Sisco一家想和我们吃晚饭. |
[05:10] | Come on. The Siscos. You like them. | 别这样. 是Sisco家哎. 你喜欢他们的. |
[05:12] | You’ll never guess where. | 你肯定猜不到去哪里. |
[05:14] | Remember who you’re talking to, okay? | 别忘了你在和谁说话 |
[05:16] | Not the place we went last weekend. | 别去上一个周末去过的地方了. |
[05:18] | – What’s the problem? It’s a nice place. – We were just there! | – 有什么问题吗? 那里很好啊. – 我们才刚去过! |
[05:21] | I know, but it’s the place the Siscos told us about. The place we promised we’d try with them. | 我知道, 但那里是Siscos一家邀我们去的地方. 我们答应了要和他们去试试的. |
[05:24] | I didn’t have the heart to tell Nick we’d already been. | 我实在没有勇气告诉Nick其实我们已经去过了. |
[05:26] | Besides, they’re talking about maybe inviting the Hammersmiths and the Perrys. | 而且他们还说要邀请Hammersmith一家和Perry一家. |
[05:30] | Nick mentioned it at lunch yesterday and it totally slipped my mind. | 昨天吃午餐的时候Nick提起的 我完全忘了. |
[05:33] | So is we in or is we out? | 我们去还是不去? |
[05:35] | Let’s see– dinner with four rocket scientists and their lovely wives? Oh, joy. | 让我想想看– 和四个火箭专家和 他们可爱的妻子们一起用膳?真是”乐”事. |
[05:41] | I can barely keep my legs together at the mere thought of it. | 一想起来我就乐得连腿都合不上了. |
[05:44] | That’s okay. I’m not much interested in you with your legs together anyway. | 没关系. 反正当你把腿合上的时候我也就不怎么感兴趣了. |
[05:49] | Girls… | 姑娘们… |
[05:50] | Mommy needs help getting out of bed! | 快帮忙把妈妈叫起来! |
[05:55] | Will the jury foreman please rise and face the court? | 陪审团代表请起立 面向法庭 |
[05:58] | – Here we go. – Will the defendant please rise? | – 关键时刻到了. – 被告请起立. |
[06:03] | And on the count of first-degree murder, how does the jury find? | 对于这起一级谋杀案 陪审团有什么结论? |
[06:06] | Your Honor, it is with some regret that I report that we were unable to find unanimity | 尊敬的法官大人 很遗憾我们无法达成一致决定 |
[06:11] | and are hopelessly deadlocked. | 意见僵持不下. |
[06:17] | The jury is dismissed with the thanks of the court. | 感谢陪审团 你们可以解散了. |
[06:21] | Mistrial. Judge declared a mistrial. | 未决之审判 . 法官说是未决之审判 . |
[06:25] | Yes, I know. I was there. | 是的, 刚才我也在场. |
[06:26] | Jury just couldn’t convict. Understandable. | 陪审团无法确信. 可以理解. |
[06:30] | Captured the bastard covered in his victim’s blood, | 被逮到的混蛋手上还沾着受害者的血迹, |
[06:32] | still holding the chain saw that he used to cut up the body into nine pieces | 还拿着用来把尸首分成9份的锯条 |
[06:35] | so he could fit it into the tall kitchen garbage bags he had on hand, | 好把尸体塞进长型的垃圾袋里, |
[06:39] | as opposed to simply cutting it in half and using the extra-strength backyard | 而不是就切成两半 然后放到后院和花园的超长垃圾袋里 |
[06:42] | and garden bags he had on his “to do” list to pick up. | 因为他还没买回来. |
[06:46] | No, I know. I heard the testimony. | 这我都知道. 我听到证词了. |
[06:48] | Still, the jury could not convict. Deadlocked. | 即便是这样 陪审团还是无法确信. 无法裁决. |
[06:51] | – I know. – You know. | – 我知道. – 你知道. |
[06:54] | Oh, well, that’s good that you know. You should know something. You’re a jury consultant. | 你知道的话就好了. 你总得知道点什么才行. 你是陪审团顾问啊. |
[07:00] | I mean, we spent thousands of dollars of taxpayers’ money to hire you; | 我是说,我们把纳税人大把的钞票花在你身上; |
[07:04] | countless man-hours profiling and interviewing and testing 100 and some-odd citizens, | 花了数不完的人力物力面试考核了100多人, |
[07:09] | so we could pick the perfect jury… | 好让我们找到最合适的陪审团… |
[07:11] | hoping against hope that we could send this piece of human smegma to get a lethal injection. | 让这个人渣接受极刑的惩罚. |
[07:15] | So it’s really good that you know something, because it’s clear the one thing | 所以说你知道发生什么事是好的 因为很明显 |
[07:18] | you do not know is how to pick a jury that will vote for the death penalty. | 你所不知道的就是怎样挑选 认同施与极刑的陪审团. |
[07:23] | District Attorney Devalos, I don’t think I like your tone. | Devalos检察官, 我不喜欢你的语气. |
[07:27] | Oh, well, then, I guess we’re even. | 那我们扯平了. |
[07:29] | I don’t think I like your work. | 我也不喜欢你的工作表现. |
[07:32] | Ridiculous. | Rediculous(无理取闹). |
[07:34] | Stupid. | Stupid(愚蠢). |
[07:37] | That’s my wife, sir! All right. | 先生,那说的应该是我的妻子. |
[07:40] | – Absurd. – Nine points, Paul… | – 9分, Paul… |
[07:42] | Absurd… absurd, absurd, absurd. | |
[07:47] | A-B-S-U-R-D. | |
[07:51] | Absurd. | |
[07:52] | – Proper… – Proper… | – Proper. |
[07:53] | Proper English. No. Eight points, | Proper English. 不对. 8分, |
[07:55] | – Betty, would give you 26… – Absurd. The answer is “absurd.” | – Betty, 你会给26… – Absurd. 答案是”absurd.” |
[08:01] | Silly. | Silly(笨拙). |
[08:04] | Foolish. Foolish. No. | Foolish(傻). Foolish. 不对. |
[08:06] | Seven points, Paul. Give you the game. | 7分, Paul. 轮到你了. |
[08:09] | Freezing. | Freezing(冷死了). |
[08:17] | Hello? | 你好? |
[08:18] | Good morning. Is Allison Dubois available for District Attorney Devalos? | 早上好. Allison Dubois 有时间和Devalos检察官见个面吗? |
[08:22] | Oh, my God. You have no idea. | 噢我的老天啊. 你不知道我有多么期待. |
[08:36] | Called at the last minute. | 临时接到电话. |
[08:39] | Too late for day care. | 太晚了找不到人照看她. |
[08:40] | I’m sorry. | 对不起. |
[08:53] | Welcome back. | 欢迎回来. |
[08:54] | Is this the new intern? The one taking your place? | 这个就是取代你的新实习生吗? |
[08:58] | It’s all right. Go on inside. He’s waing for you. | 没关系. 进去吧. 他在等你. |
[09:00] | I’m sorry. He just called so last minute. | 抱歉. 他的电话太急了. |
[09:02] | It’s all right. Leave her here. I’ll keep an eye on her. | 没关系. 把她放在这里吧. 我会看着她的. |
[09:04] | You sure? | 你确定? |
[09:11] | That’s a mighty heart-healthy lunch you’re having there. | 你的午餐对心脏可不好. |
[09:14] | You trying to tell me something? | 你是想告诉我点什么吗? |
[09:16] | Have you had some kind of vision about my health, some premonition about my well-being? | 你对我的健康有看法 对我的身体状况有预感? |
[09:21] | No, just something I say whenever I see a middle-aged man eating starch fried in lard. | 没有,我只要看到中年男人 吃猪油炸的淀粉质 都会这样说. |
[09:27] | Haven’t heard from you in a while. | 好一阵子没有你的消息了. |
[09:29] | Figured maybe you thought about it and realized there was really no place for me | 我想你是考虑过发现没有适合我的职位 |
[09:32] | in a district attorney’s office. I mean… | 我是说在地方检察署… |
[09:36] | given what I do. | 从我做的事情的角度看. |
[09:40] | Do me a favor. Take me through this one more time. This… | 帮我个忙. 再给我解释一下这个… |
[09:45] | thing you experience. | 你所经历的事情. |
[09:47] | Well, if you force me to break it down, categorize it… I guess… | 如果必须把它们分类描述的的话,我想… |
[09:53] | the main thing is… I mean, it’s been happening since I was a kid. | 最主要的就是,我从小就这样. |
[09:58] | I see people that have passed. | 我能看见已经往生的人. |
[10:00] | Their spirits, they come to me, tell me things. | 他们的幽灵会来找我 跟我说话. |
[10:03] | People that have passed? | 往生的人? |
[10:06] | Dead people. | 死去的人. |
[10:07] | What, they just come over to your house without being invited? | 怎么,他们不请自来吗? |
[10:11] | – They’re never invited. – No. Of course not. | – 我从来没邀请他们. – 当然不会. |
[10:15] | To be honest, I’m not quite sure what to do with that. | 老实说 我真不知道该怎么处理这件事. |
[10:20] | I mean, not that I doubt you, but from a prosecutorial point of view… | 不是怀疑你的能力, 但是从检控程序的角度… |
[10:23] | No. I know. | 我理解. |
[10:25] | I also have dreams. | 我还会做奇怪的梦. |
[10:27] | – Dreams. – Dreams that come true. | – 梦. – 会成真的梦. |
[10:30] | – Dreams. But again, in a court of law… – No. I know. Believe me… | – 梦境. 但是在法庭上… – 相信我, 我能理解你说的… |
[10:33] | I hear this stuff coming out of my mouth and… | 我能听到 话已经到了嘴边… |
[10:36] | What about reading minds? | 那窥探别人的想法呢? |
[10:39] | Can you guess what a person’s thinking? | 你可能猜到一个人脑子里在想什么吗? |
[10:42] | Maybe even what their attitude about something might be? | 甚至是他们对于某些事情的态度? |
[10:47] | I don’t know. Sometimes. | 不知道. 有时候可以. |
[10:55] | He suffocates them, then hangs onto the corpses for days, | 他把她们闷死 然后把尸体保留数天, |
[10:58] | sometimes weeks, and has sex with them, over and over again. | 有时候是数周, 一次又一次地强暴她们. |
[11:02] | Six of them that we know about. | 我们已知的受害人有6个. |
[11:04] | His sentencing trial is in three weeks. Jury selection begins on Monday. | 3周后他将接受审讯. 陪审团挑选从周一开始. |
[11:09] | Can you help me find a jury to give him the maximum sentence? | 你能帮我找到会让他受到最大处罚的陪审团吗? |
[11:13] | 12 men and women who would actually vote “yes”? | 12名确实会同意的男女? |
[11:16] | I think so. I mean, I’d certainly like to try. | 我想应该没问题吧.起码我很乐意试一试. |
[11:20] | You understand what I’m asking? We have the death penalty here in Arizona. | 你了解我要你所做的事吗? Arizona州这里有死刑. |
[11:23] | I’m asking you to help me send this man to his death. Are you okay with that? | 我要你把这个人送到死神那里去. 你觉得没问题吧? |
[11:29] | If he’s done the things you say he’s done, why would I have a problem with that? | 如果他的所作所为真的如你所说 我对这个会有什么问题呢? |
[11:32] | I don’t know. Some people might. | 我不知道.有些人可能不能认同. |
[11:35] | Well, not me. No. | 不过我不是那样的人. |
[11:39] | Obviously, no one can know what you’re doing, helping us in this way. | 明显地, 没有人会知道你这样协助我们. |
[11:44] | So I can count on you to keep it a secret? | 我能相信你会保密吧? |
[11:47] | I mean, your husband, I suppose, but beyond that… | 估计你会告诉你先生 但是除了他… |
[11:50] | Oh, so now, it’s lying and sending people to their death. | 好 那就是耍点花招把罪犯送上绞架. |
[11:53] | By the way, the man you’re going to help eliminate– his name is… | 顺便说一句, 你要帮我们除掉的人 他的名字是… |
[11:56] | Ivan Kinetko. Yeah. I know. | Ivan Kinetko. 我知道. |
[12:04] | He called! He called! He called! He called! | 他来电话了! 他来电话了! |
[12:07] | I’m sorry, who called? | 谁来电话了? |
[12:09] | The District Attorney’s Office. They need me. | 地方检察署办公室. 他们需要我. |
[12:12] | – Say hi to the kids. – Hi to the kids. | – 跟孩子们打招呼. – 孩子们好. |
[12:14] | – Hi, Dad. – Hi, Daddy. | – 爸爸好. – 爸爸好. |
[12:16] | – Hi, Daddy. – Someone’s in a good mood. | – 爸爸好. – 有人心情很好嘛. |
[12:19] | Oh, you can read minds, too. | 噢 你也知道人家想什么. |
[12:23] | So Nick is married to Diane who’s a financial something. | Nick娶的是Diane 她是做金融的. |
[12:26] | And Alan is married to Kamala, who’s a doctor– a therapist of some kind– works with kids. | Alan娶的是Kamala 一个医生 治疗师之类的 治小孩的. |
[12:30] | And Brett is married to Jennifer who works for some charity. | Brett娶了Jennifer 她在慈善机构工作. |
[12:33] | Nick and Diane, Alan and Kamala, Brett and Jessica. | Nick和Diane, Alan 和Kamala, Brett 和Jessica. |
[12:37] | Jennifer. | 是Jennifer. |
[12:40] | Brett and Jennifer. Sorry. | Brett和 Jennifer. 抱歉. |
[12:42] | A psychic with a bad memory. Go figure. | 记性不好的灵媒. 你想想看吧. |
[12:46] | They just don’t make ’em like they used to. | 现在的灵媒和以前的不一样了. |
[12:49] | Uh, so tonight… | 嗯,那今晚… |
[12:51] | These people, they’re all scientists. I mean, at least the guys are, so… | 这些人 他们都是科学家. 我是说 起码丈夫们都是 所以… |
[12:55] | You know, if somebody says– and you know they’re going to– | 你知道 如果有人说 你知道他们会说– |
[12:57] | What do you do? | 你是做什么的? |
[13:03] | – Oh, what? – Continue. | – 那又怎样? – 继续. |
[13:04] | Well, obviously, you know the rest. | 显然你知道接下来要发生的事. |
[13:07] | A psychic with a bad memory can’t remember. Why don’t you finish your thought. | 记性不好的灵媒记不起来了. 你为什么不自己想完呢. |
[13:12] | Okay, I’m just saying, I mean, if somebody says, “So, Allison, what do you do for a living?” | 好吧 我要说的是 如果有人 问”Allison你的工作是什么?” |
[13:16] | – I’m curious. – Well, you know what I do for a living. | – 我只是好奇. – 你知道我是做什么的. |
[13:18] | Well, I mean, I curious how you’re going to put it. | 我是说 我想知道你会怎么说. |
[13:21] | Well, gosh, dear, how would you like me to put it? | 好 那你想我怎么说呢? |
[13:24] | – I’m just saying, I mean, there are lots of ways of saying… – You’re worried I’m going to embarrass you? | – 我只是说 表达的方式可以有很多种… – 你是担心我会让你不好意思是吗? |
[13:27] | No. God, no. | 不是这样的. |
[13:29] | Well, then don’t worry so much about how things are put. | 那就别担心我会怎么说了. |
[13:32] | Because everything will be put the way it needs to be put. | 该怎么说就怎么说. |
[13:34] | And if you don’t like the way things are put, you can just go “ptth!” yourself. | 如果你不喜欢我的表达方式 大可以自己去说. |
[13:42] | – Alan. – Sorry we’re late. | – 对不起来晚了. |
[13:43] | – Jessica. – Jennifer. | – 是Jennifer. |
[13:47] | Hey. How are you? | 你们好吗? |
[13:49] | I mean this 11-year-old boy hasn’t spoken since he’s six. Five years. | 这个11岁的男孩从6岁起就没说过话 已经5年了. |
[13:53] | And there’s nothing physiologically wrong with him. It’s a control thing. | 而他本身并没有什么毛病 只是调控的问起. |
[13:56] | And obviously his parents are going completely out of their minds. Sent him everywhere. | 他的父母快疯了 带着他四处问诊. |
[14:00] | Tell them. | 告诉他们. |
[14:02] | – Well, I developed this therapy. – Very Annie Sullivan. Very Miracle Worker. | – 我发明了一个疗法. – 就像Annie Sullivan(海伦凯勒的老师). 非常神奇. |
[14:07] | – Tell them. – It’s very intense. | – 告诉他们. – 是密集型的治疗. |
[14:10] | Just he and I in a cabin. | 我和小男孩呆在一个小屋里. |
[14:12] | For four days. | 一共4天. |
[14:13] | No food, unless he asks for it. No water. | 除非他开口问 否则不给吃的也不给喝的. |
[14:17] | And I have everything under lock and key. | 我把东西都用钥匙锁了起来. |
[14:18] | Wait a second. Unless he asks for it? You’re willing to starve this kid? | 等会儿.除非他问?你要饿死他吗? |
[14:21] | No, no, no. No one’s starved. She’s not going to starve anybody. | 不不不 没人要挨饿. |
[14:25] | Listen to this. The people from the Dr. Phil show called her. | 听着, Phil 医生的节目给她来电话了. |
[14:28] | Tell them. | 跟他们说说. |
[14:30] | Um… | 嗯… |
[14:32] | the first day… was like a standoff. | 第一天 大家都在僵持. |
[14:35] | You know what he’s doing– | 你知道他想做什么– |
[14:37] | he’s waiting for her to go to asleep, so he can get the key. | 他想等她睡着以后 取钥匙. |
[14:40] | Get to the food. | 拿东西吃. |
[14:41] | Honey, I think you’re making a big deal out of this. | 亲爱的 事情没有你说的那么大不了 |
[14:43] | – No, I’m proud. – So wait a second. What happened? | – 没有, 我只是很骄傲. – 那接着发生什么事了? |
[14:47] | – Did anyone fall asleep? – Of course not. | – 有人睡着了吗? – 当然没有. |
[14:49] | I mean, she’s not falling asleep. She’s staying up. | 我是说 她没睡着.她一直醒着. |
[14:52] | And she’s talking to him. Explaining the jig is up. You’ve met your match. Right? | 她一直在跟他说话. 解释疗法的目的. 找到心有灵犀的人了,对吧? |
[14:56] | I know you can talk, your parents know you can talk and your teachers know you can talk, | 我知道你会说话 你的父母知道 老师也知道 |
[14:59] | and no one is leaving here, no one is sleeping and for damn sure | 谁也不能离开这里 谁也不会睡觉 |
[15:02] | no one’s getting anything to eat until you say something. | 我保证除非你开口说话 否则什么也不能吃. |
[15:05] | – And how long did it take? – I didn’t hear from her for 37 hours. | – 那一共花了多长时间呢? – 一共花了37小时. |
[15:08] | You stayed up with him for 37 hours straight? | 你连续37小时没睡觉看着他吗? |
[15:10] | Um, I’m not sure. I don’t know. | 我不是很确定 不知道. |
[15:14] | I think there were brief periods of unconsciousness for both of us. | 我想我们俩都有短暂不是很清醒的时期. |
[15:18] | – And it worked? He spoke? – Hell, yes, he spoke. | – 有效吗? 他说话了吗? – 当然啦. |
[15:21] | And he hasn’t stopped speaking since. | 而且从此就没停过. |
[15:23] | Wow. | 太厉害了. |
[15:26] | What did he say? | 他说了什么? |
[15:28] | Actually, his first words were, uh… | 事实上 他说的第一句话是… |
[15:31] | “Jesus.” | “上帝啊.” |
[15:35] | She’s flying east to Yale next week. | 她下周要飞到东岸的耶鲁. |
[15:37] | Being honored by the Childhood Behavioral Council. | 儿童行为协会要给她颁奖. |
[15:40] | Wow. That must be very gratifying. | 厉害. 一定很让人欣慰. |
[15:47] | Congratulations. | 恭喜你. |
[15:49] | Thank you. | 谢谢. |
[15:52] | I’m still a little uncomfortable with all the fuss. | 这样大费周章我不是很习惯. |
[15:56] | What do you do? | 你的工作是什么? |
[15:58] | Me? | 我吗? |
[16:00] | I work part-time at the District Attorney’s Office. It’s very boring. | 我在地方检察署兼职.很无趣.. |
[16:08] | You had fun, I know you did. | 我知道你觉得那很有意思. |
[16:11] | Hey, I love a good story. | 我喜欢听有意思的故事. |
[16:13] | What are you talking about? | 你在说什么? |
[16:15] | Annie Sullivan and the Jesus Boy. You seemed to like it. | Annie Sullivan 和说 上帝的男孩. 你好像挺喜欢的. |
[16:19] | What, are you saying she’s lying? | 怎么 你是说她说谎了吗? |
[16:21] | No. She didn’t tell the story; her husband did. | 没有 故事不是她自己讲的 是她先生讲的. |
[16:25] | Look, I’m just saying that I don’t think everything necessarily happened the way we were told. | 瞧 我要说的是事情的真相 并不总是和别人所说的那样的. |
[16:30] | You suspect this or you know this? | 是你猜测的呢还是你了解真相? |
[16:33] | Are you asking if I was there? I wasn’t there. | 你问我在不在现场吗?我不在. |
[16:37] | So you’ll concede the possibility that the story is true? | 那你凭什么否定事情确有发生的可能性呢? |
[16:41] | Did I miss something here? | 我是不是漏了什么没听清? |
[16:43] | When did we make the leap from having impressions about things | 什么时候我们从有幻觉跳到 |
[16:47] | to being certain about things? | 确定它们的真实性? |
[16:49] | I’m just telling you what I think. | 我只是告诉你我的想法. |
[16:51] | Well, it sounds like you’re telling me what you know. | 听起来你是要告诉我你知道的事实. |
[16:53] | And frankly, it’s scaring the crap out of me. | 老实说 把我吓了半死. |
[16:55] | Is that what you’re doing for the D.A. next week? Is that what you’re selling, certainty? | 这就是下周你为地方检察署做的事吗? 为他们提供确实的信息? |
[16:59] | If it is, doesn’t that bother you a little? | 如果是那样的话,难道不会有点让人困扰吗? |
[17:02] | No. Why? Should it? | 不.为什么?应该受困扰吗? |
[17:04] | Okay, maybe I got this wrong, | 好吧 也许我错了, |
[17:06] | but somewhere between pulling my pants off and passing me the soap in the shower, | 但是在我脱掉裤子到洗澡时 你给我递肥皂这期间 |
[17:10] | did you or did you not say that you were going to be helping the D.A. | 你不是告诉我要去地检署帮忙的吗? |
[17:13] | select a jury that he hoped would send a man to the electric chair. | 找出一个能让犯人坐电椅的陪审团. |
[17:15] | No. Lethal injection. We are very enlightened here in Arizona. | 不 是注射死亡 Arizona这里的做法相当文明. |
[17:18] | We do lethal injection. Oh, yeah. Oh, and by the way, that man– | 用皮下注射. 而且那个人– |
[17:22] | he killed six women. Then he raped them… | 他杀了6个女人 强暴她们… |
[17:26] | and then he raped them, and then he raped them. | 一次又一次地. |
[17:29] | – Says the D.A. – Says the evidence. | – 是地检署说的吧. – 证据说的. |
[17:32] | You’re certain of this. | 而且你很确定这一切. |
[17:35] | I mean, a guy might die, Allison. Doesn’t that give you… I don’t know… pause? | 一个人将要死去. 难道你不会有所犹豫吗 |
[17:40] | All right, forget that. What if he’s guilty and you pick the wrong people? | 好吧 算了. 如果他真的犯了罪 而你又选错了陪审团呢? |
[17:43] | – What if you’re responsible for him walking? – I’m confused. | – 如果你让他逍遥法外? – 我有点困惑. |
[17:46] | Are you worried that I’ll be good at what I do or not good enough? | 你是担心我能胜任呢还是不够称职? |
[17:49] | I don’t know. I guess I’m worried you may do something crazy and human like… | 不知道. 我只是担心你会做出疯狂的事 比方说… |
[17:52] | – what do you know… make a mistake. – That isn’t going to happen. | – 你知道些什么…犯错误吗 – 那不会发生的. |
[17:55] | – Because? – I know what I know. | – 因为? – 我知道自己知道些什么. |
[17:57] | But you don’t. | 你并不知道. |
[17:59] | You didn’t know the district attorney was going to call this morning. | 你不知道地检署今天早上会给你来电话. |
[18:03] | You didn’t know that Ariel’s school trip was going to be canceled at the last minute. | 你不知道Ariel的班级活动 在最后一刻会被取消 |
[18:06] | Hell, you don’t even know that Brett is married to Jennifer and not Jessica. | 你连Brett娶的是Jennifer 而不是Jessica都不知道 |
[18:10] | But suddenly you know who’s lying and who’s not lying, | 怎么突然间你就知道谁说了谎话呢? |
[18:12] | and who’s going to vote “yes” and who’s going to vote “no,” | 又知道谁会同意 谁会反对, |
[18:15] | and whether some little boy you never met said “Jesus” or not. | 还有一个素未谋面的男孩到底有没有 说过”上帝”. |
[18:21] | Will you listen to yourself, Allison? | 你听听自己心里想什么好吗,Allison? |
[18:24] | That’s what I’m trying to do. | 那正是我在尝试的事情. |
[18:40] | Very nice. | 很好. |
[18:42] | Very impressive. | 真让人惊讶. |
[18:45] | I admire the discipline it takes to… | 我尊重依照原则… |
[18:50] | achieve this kind of physical… | 来达到这种… |
[18:52] | perfection. | 完美的状态. |
[18:57] | You’re warm. | 你很温暖. |
[18:59] | Let me cool you off. | 让你凉快一下. |
[19:02] | Don’t worry, darling. | 不要担心宝贝. |
[19:04] | Relief is but a moment away. | 马上就可以安心了. |
[19:43] | Sorry. Sorry, sorry. | 对不起 对不起. |
[19:45] | You can just put those on the tables right there. | 把这些放到那边的桌上就行. |
[19:48] | I apologize. Thanks, guys. | 我得说声抱歉.谢谢你们. |
[19:52] | – So what’s your thesis called? – Excuse me? | – 那你的论文题目是什么? – 你说什么? |
[19:56] | Everyone here thinks that you’re the intern who came back | 这里的人都以为你是回来实习的 |
[19:58] | to write her thesis on jury selection in capital trials, so… | 写一篇关于如何挑选死刑案件陪审团的论文 所以… |
[20:01] | Well, then it’d be, uh, “Jury Selection in Capital Trials.” | 那这个就是题目咯”挑选死刑案件陪审团” |
[20:04] | Catchy. | 很好记. |
[20:05] | 140… please sit down. | 140个… 请坐. |
[20:09] | 144 prospective jurors. These are their questionnaires. | 144个候选陪审员.这是他们的调查问卷. |
[20:13] | I don’t get to meet them? | 我不用和他们见面吗? |
[20:15] | Why don’t we just wait and see how you do with the questionnaires first. | 先看看你读了问卷以后做得如何再说. |
[20:19] | You can usually identify the obvious deadheads off of these. | 通常很容易从里面找到死头 |
[20:22] | – “Deadheads”? – People we absolutely won’t accept. | – “死头”? – 我们绝对不会选的人. |
[20:25] | In this case, people that are never going to vote for capital punishment. | 在这件案里,就是一定不会同意用极刑的人. |
[20:32] | If it has a red Post-it on it, | 如果上面贴了红色的告示贴, |
[20:34] | it means the jury consultant thinks the person is a definite “no.” | 就是说陪审顾问认为这个人肯定要出局 |
[20:38] | If it has a green Post-it on it, it means she thinks the person is a definite “yes.” | 如果是绿色的,就一定是入围人选 |
[20:43] | And if it has no Post-it on it at all, | 如果没有什么都没有贴的话, |
[20:45] | it means she has no opinion yet and it’s something we’ll figure out when we get to court. | 就是她还不是很确定 只有上庭时才能揭晓. |
[20:49] | – What happens in court? – We get six strikes and so does the other side. | – 上庭以后会怎样? – 我们有6次抗争的机会 辩方也是. |
[20:52] | – Strikes? – A free pass. | – 抗争? – 自由通行证. |
[20:54] | These are people that you can say “no” to without having to explain yourself. | 有些人可以不必解释原因就投反对票. |
[20:57] | – The deadheads. – Well, no. | – 死头的人. – 不是. |
[21:00] | That’s where it gets tricky. | 这里就是玄机所在. |
[21:04] | The judge will probably throw out most of the deadheads without prompting. | 不用别人提醒法官就会把大部分死头排除. |
[21:08] | What you want to save your strikes for are the people that you think | 你要为自己的自由表决保留的是那些你认为 |
[21:11] | the other side is desperate to have that the judge might not kick out. | 反方极力争取而且法官不会排除的人. |
[21:14] | At the same time, the other side is going to use their six strikes | 与此同时 反方也会运用他们的自由表决 |
[21:18] | to eliminate the people they think you really want to have, okay? | 来清除你要争取的那些人,明白了吗? |
[21:21] | So, I brought these. | 我带来了这个. |
[21:23] | They’re half the size of the others, so we can tell yours from hers. | 比别的小一半,让我们能分清你和她的意见. |
[21:27] | – So what do you think? – About what? | – 你觉得怎样? – 觉得什么怎么样? |
[21:33] | It’s just a bunch of paper. | 就是一堆纸. |
[21:37] | So you can’t just look at them, touch them, just feel something? | 你不可以看一看摸一摸就能感觉到什么吗? |
[21:40] | I don’t know. I haven’t tried. | 不知道.我还没试过. |
[21:42] | So getting aimpression off an inanimate objects is not something… | 那对着静物产生感觉并不是… |
[21:44] | I don’t know. | 我不知道. |
[21:46] | You have to understand these aren’t feelings I’ve ever gone out of my way to have. | 你要知道这和我以前遇到的情况是不一样的. |
[21:50] | Used to be I’d walk into a place or I’d meet a person and I’d get that feeling, | 以前我是走进一个地方或者 见到一些人然后会有灵感 |
[21:54] | and I’d just want a drink. | 我只想要点喝的. |
[21:57] | This is new. | 这是新的挑战. |
[22:01] | I guess I was counting on meeting the people. | 我以为可以见到这些候选人再决定. |
[22:03] | Well, I don’t know what to tell you. This is how we start. | 我不知道该怎么讲.这是我们开始的做法. |
[22:08] | In any event, your involvement in this process has got to be… | 无论如何,你参与到这个过程里面的事… |
[22:11] | Secret. I heard. | 必须保密.我听说了. |
[22:14] | Allison, if this isn’t something you’re interested in doing… | Allison, 如果你对这个不感兴趣的话… |
[22:16] | No, no. I’m interested. It’s just that, if I tell you something, I want to be certain. | 不不. 我感兴趣. 只是无论要告诉你什么 我都希望自己很确定. |
[22:20] | Don’t worry about that. | 别为那个担心. |
[22:22] | I’m up to my eyeballs in people who are certain. | 我手上有大堆确定的人. |
[22:25] | It would just be nice to meet someone who’s right for a change. | 见识一下不一样的人也很好. |
[22:28] | I’ll be in my office when you’re done. | 你做完以后我在办公室等你. |
[22:42] | Jonathan McCall. Born January 20, 1968. | Jonathan McCall. 生于1968年1月20日. |
[22:47] | 1989-1992, Divinity Studies at the School of Theology at Catholic University. | 1989到1992, 在天主教大学神学院学习. |
[23:02] | Naomi Perreault. Born April 17, 1959. | Naomi Perreault. 生于1959年4月17日. |
[23:06] | Question: Have you ever lost a friend or loved one to a violent crime? | 问题: 你曾在暴力案件中失去朋友或爱人吗? |
[23:10] | Answer: Yes. | 回答:有. |
[23:12] | A coworker of mine was killed for his car one night after coming out of a Laundromat. | 有一天晚上我的一位同事 从洗衣店出来在车祸中丧生 |
[23:16] | It was especially sad because he had won the car just a month earlier | 他开的车是一个月前才赢回来的实在让人伤心 |
[23:19] | in a sales promotion they ran here at the company. | 在公司举办的促销活动上赢的. |
[23:31] | Maxine Harris. Born November 3, 1970. | Maxine Harris. 生于1970年11月3日. |
[23:37] | Baptist. Single. | 浸信教徒. 单身. |
[23:40] | I’ve supervised data entry for the Bocktel Company since 1998. | 从1998年起我就负责Bocktel公司的数据输入. |
[23:45] | I own my own home. | 我有自己的家. |
[23:47] | I read one newspaper and I try to watch one newscast every day if I have the time. | 我每天都读报纸有时间的话每天都看新闻. |
[23:52] | I spend a lot of time here with my mother. | 我花很多时间在这里陪伴我的母亲. |
[23:56] | She’s been in the hospital since 2002 when she suffered a massive stroke. | 2002年起她因为严重中风而住院. |
[24:03] | I believe in the sanctity of life. | 我相信生命是神圣的. |
[24:07] | I believe that things happen for a reason. | 我相信事出有因. |
[25:11] | Hello. | 你好. |
[25:12] | Hey… So how’s the job? | 嘿 工作怎样? |
[25:15] | It’s great. Instead of sitting home all day and talking to no one, | 棒极了.不是在家对着四堵墙, |
[25:18] | I’m in a big anonymous room talking to no one. It’s all I could’ve hoped for. | 而是在一个大房间里对着四堵墙. 我能盼的就是这些了. |
[25:22] | Hmm. Do you know it’s 20 minutes after 9:00? | 嗯.你知道已经9点20了吗? |
[25:25] | Oh, God, Joe, I’m sorry. I’m so, so sorry. | 天啊 Joe, 对不起. 真的很抱歉. |
[25:30] | It’s okay, don’t worry about it. | 算了 别放在心上. |
[25:32] | Psychic with a bad sense of time. | 没有时间观念的灵媒. |
[25:36] | Do you remember where you live? | 你还记得自己住哪儿吧? |
[25:38] | Hmm, I’m seeing a house. | 嗯 我看到一所房子了. |
[25:41] | I’m seeing a guy in his underwear. I’m seeing lots of dishes in the sink. | 一个男的穿着内衣 水池里有一堆脏碗. |
[25:46] | It’s amazing how you do that. | 你能看到真神奇. |
[25:49] | I’ll wait up. | 我等你. |
[25:50] | Okay, bye, babe. | Okay, 再见 亲爱的. |
[26:00] | You understand I’m not paying you by the hour, right? | 你知道我可不是按时付薪的��? |
[26:04] | I stuck my head in there two or three times but you seemed to be in your own world. | 我来看了两三次 你似乎很投入. |
[26:07] | That’s okay. You want the good news or the bad news? | 没关系.想听好消息还是坏消息? |
[26:11] | Give me it all. I’m a big boy. I can take it. | 都告诉我吧. 我是大人了 能撑得住. |
[26:13] | Okay, well… | 那好吧… |
[26:15] | I got through almost all of them. And I got things off a lot of them. | 我几乎都看完了. 有不少收获. |
[26:18] | But I don’t agree with most of what your jury consultant told you. | 但我和你的陪审团顾问的意见相去甚远. |
[26:21] | What do you mean? | 你指的是? |
[26:22] | Well, like this woman for instance. Maxine Harris. | 比方说这个叫Maxine Harris的女人. |
[26:26] | Yes, she’s religious, but that’s not all she is. | 是的,她是个虔诚的教徒,但那并不是全部. |
[26:29] | She has a mother who’s been confined to the hospital for the last two years | 过去两年她的母亲一直住院 |
[26:33] | despite the fact that she can’t see, can’t hear, can’t eat and can’t even breathe on her own. | 虽然她看不到听不见 不能进食甚至不能自己呼吸. |
[26:38] | You know what she prays for? | 你知道她在祈祷什么吗? |
[26:39] | She prays for an earthquake to knock the building down. | 她希望地震能把整个大楼推倒. |
[26:42] | She prays for a fire to take out her mother’s wing. | 她祈求大火能让母亲得到解脱. |
[26:45] | All she wants to do is put this old woman out of her misery, | 她想要让这个年迈的老人脱离苦海, |
[26:49] | and the state won’t let her. | 但政府不允许她这样做. |
[26:51] | Maxine Harris can be reached. | Maxine Harris可以入选. |
[26:54] | She will understand your frustration. | 她了解你的困境. |
[26:56] | She’ll understand the victim’s family’s need for closure. | 知道受害者的家人需要一个了解. |
[26:59] | And I believe the defense is going to read it the way your expert did and advocate for her. | 我相信辩方会和你的专家顾问持 相同的态度而挑选她. |
[27:05] | So by looking like you lose one, you win one. | 尽管看起来你失了一票实际上确是得一票. |
[27:09] | Should I go on? | 我要继续吗? |
[27:10] | Okay, this guy here, he’s a fireman, right? | 好 这个男人 他是个消防员对吧? |
[27:14] | So your expert has him as a definite “yes.” | 所以你的专家认为他一定会投支持票 |
[27:16] | She’s thinking law and order guy, of course he’ll vote for the needle. | 她在想着<法律和秩序>里面的人呢 当然会同意死刑的. |
[27:19] | But his best friend’s brother is on death row in Nevada. | 但是他最好的朋友的哥哥 在内华达州被判死刑. |
[27:23] | Wait a second, is that on the questionnaire? | 等一下, 问卷上写了吗? |
[27:27] | Sorry. | 对不起. |
[27:28] | Neither is the fact that this school teacher she has as a definite “no” | 这个她认为要否决的人也不对 |
[27:32] | was raped 20 years ago when she was in college. | 20年前她在大学的时候曾被强奸. |
[27:35] | The guy who raped her hired a great attorney and got off, went on to rape three other women, | 那个人请了个好律师帮他开罪 之后又强奸了3人, |
[27:39] | finally got caught and put away, but is up for parole later this year and will probably get it. | 最后总算被抓了起来但是 今年很可能就会获保释. |
[27:44] | I mean, if I’m you, I want that lady in my lifeboat. | 如果我是你的话就会把这位女士 放在自己的阵营里. |
[27:50] | What are you doing tomrow? | 明天你要做什么? |
[27:52] | I don’t know, why? | 还不知道 为什么这样问? |
[27:54] | How’d you like to come to court with me, meet some of these people? | 要和我到法庭去见见这些人吗? |
[28:02] | Stop smiling like that. | 别那样笑了. |
[28:05] | The moonlight’s bouncing off your teeth and keeping me awake. | 月光从你的牙齿反射回来让我睡不着. |
[28:09] | Tough. | 任务艰巨. |
[28:10] | I was pretty great today. | 我今天干得很不错. |
[28:13] | It was pretty great being me today. | 今天做自己真不错. |
[28:19] | Whatever happened to the old Allison? The depressed Allison? I miss her. | 那个原来的Allison怎么啦? 那个沮丧的Allison呢?我想她了. |
[28:24] | I don’t know. I will be in court tomorrow. | 不知道 明天我要去法庭. |
[28:27] | So if I see her, I’ll ask her. | 如果见到她 我会问她的. |
[28:30] | Court. | 法庭. |
[28:32] | Really? | 真的吗? |
[28:34] | Parking ticket? | 接到停车罚单了? |
[28:36] | You hate being wrong, don’t you? | 你不喜欢犯错 对吧? |
[28:39] | Am I wrong? | 难道我错了吗? |
[28:42] | Are you sure? | 你确定? |
[28:44] | Are you certain? | 你确信? |
[28:47] | Or is it just something you suspect? | 还是只是你的猜想? |
[28:53] | Say good night, Gracie. | Gracie说晚安吧. |
[29:03] | Good night, Gracie. | 晚安 Gracie. |
[29:09] | What’s your hurry? | 你急什么? |
[29:10] | Oh, you don’t want me to change my mind now, do you? | 噢 你不想我改变主意吧? |
[29:14] | You’re not going to change your mind. | 你不会改变主意的. |
[29:16] | Well, aren’t you afraid your girlfriend might change her mind? | 难道你不担心你女朋友会改变主意吗? |
[29:20] | Or do you guys do this all the time? | 还是你们经常这样? |
[29:23] | ‘Cause me, I’ve never done this. | 我从没有这样做过. |
[29:26] | Thought about it, but never done it. | 想过 不过没做过. |
[29:28] | She’s not going to change her mind. | 她不会变卦的. |
[29:31] | When she sees how beautiful you are… | 如果她看见你有多漂亮的话… |
[29:33] | When you see how beautiful she is… | 你看到她有多动人的时候… |
[29:35] | When do I get a look at her? | 我什么时候可以见她? |
[29:37] | I mean, time’s a-wastin’. I’m sobering up here, Slick. | 别浪费时间 我快没有兴致了 小滑头. |
[29:41] | She’s just inside. She’s sitting on the couch. | 她就在里面 坐在沙发上. |
[29:44] | She’s waiting for you. | 在等你呢. |
[29:55] | Oh, my God! | 噢 我的天啊! |
[30:05] | Do you wish to enter a challenge to the seating of potential juror number 12, Maxine Harris? | 您反对让Maxine Harris女士做 第12名候选陪审员吗 ? |
[30:12] | We certainly do not, Your Honor. | 我们当然不反对 法官大人. |
[30:13] | And according to my records, the prosecution has exhausted all of its challenges. | 根据我的记录, 检控方已经用完了所有否决权. |
[30:18] | Do you concur, District Attorney Devalos? | 是这样吗 Attorney Devalos检察官? |
[30:21] | I’m afraid so, Your Honor. | 我想是这样的 大人. |
[30:23] | Very well, then. | 很好. |
[30:25] | Ms. Harris, if you please. We have a jury. | Harris女士 有请 陪审团成立. |
[30:29] | Court will recess for ten minutes. | 10分钟后继续开庭. |
[30:31] | At that time, the sheriff’s deputies will escort in the defendant | 到时候 代表警官会把被告押上来 |
[30:34] | so the court can begin to hear pre-trial motions. | 法庭将开始审前动议. |
[30:38] | Gentlemen. | 先生们. |
[30:40] | Mr. District Attorney, sir, I cannot accept responsibility for an outcome | 检察官,先生, 我无法为后果负责 |
[30:44] | when I am not given the opportunity to participate in the events leading up to that outcome. | 任何我没有参与导致该种结果的过程的情况下. |
[30:48] | – Certainly you can understand that. – Actually, I find it all rather confusing. | – 你当然要理解我的处境. – 事实上, 我觉得很不解. |
[30:51] | To be honest, I don’t recall you accepting any responsibility when you did participate. | 老实说, 我记得那些你参与了 过程而产生的结果你也从不接受. |
[31:03] | That’s against the law, you know. | 那是有违法律的 你知道. |
[31:09] | I don’t want to make any trouble. | 我可不想惹麻烦. |
[31:11] | Is that what you’re doing? That’s not how I see it. | 那是你的看法吗? 我并不这样看. |
[31:14] | Allison, you were right about every single person we cross-examined today. | Allison, 你对今天每个 被盘问的人的看法都是正确的. |
[31:20] | – Well, I… – I got to tell you, I’m starting to believe | – 我… – 我要告诉你 我开始相信了 |
[31:23] | if I don’t screw this up, we have a real shot at getting rid of this monster. | 如果一切顺利的话 我们就可以真的除掉这个恶魔了. |
[31:31] | This is Italy… | 这里是意大利… |
[31:34] | where art and the art of hospitality, go hand in hand. | 是艺术和宾至如归的款待相辅相成的地方. |
[31:41] | But no trip to Italy would be complete | 但是如果到了意大利 |
[31:44] | without a gondola ride through the Venice canals. | 而没有坐着岗朵拉船穿梭于 威尼斯的河道中的话 旅程就算不上完整了 |
[31:49] | It’s really very nice here, Allison. | Allison 这里真的很美. |
[31:52] | The women are beautiful, the climate. | 有美丽的女人和天气. |
[31:55] | I’m sorry we didn’t get a chance to meet in America, | 很遗憾我们没在美国相见, |
[31:58] | but the second I heard there was a hung jury and I saw the chance to escape… | 但当我听到陪审团无法裁决的时候 我找到了逃跑的机会… |
[32:03] | See, you were wrong about Maxine Harris. | 你对于Maxine Harris的看法是错误的. |
[32:09] | No way that woman was going to give me the needle. | 她不会让我去死的. |
[32:13] | Better luck next time. | 希望你下次运气好一点. |
[32:19] | No… Oh! | 不 噢! |
[32:26] | It’s still Thursday, right? | 现在还是星期四 对吧? |
[32:29] | The jury’s still out, right? | 陪审团还没选好吧? |
[32:31] | There’s no verdict yet, right? | 还没裁决吧? |
[32:33] | Oh, God, Allison, it’s the middle of the night. | 噢 天啊Allison, 大半夜的. |
[32:36] | That’s not necessary. It was just a question. | 没必要那样. 只是一个问句. |
[32:40] | I love you, too. | 我也爱你. |
[32:44] | – Loss… – Loss… | – Loss… |
[32:46] | Gain, gain, gain, gain, gain, gain. | |
[32:50] | Found. | |
[32:51] | Oh, she said “loss,” I think, without the “T.” All right, eight points, Paul. | 我想她说”loss,”没有”T”. 好吧 8分 Paul. |
[32:56] | – Opposite. – Find? | – 反义词. |
[33:02] | Hello. | 你好. |
[33:03] | Allison? It was unanimous. Death by lethal injection. | Allison吗? 意见一致 判了死刑. |
[33:07] | The death penalty? You’re kidding me. | 死刑? 你开玩笑吧. |
[33:11] | He’s not going to Italy. | 他不能去意大利了. |
[33:13] | Italy? What are you talking about? | 意大利? 你在说什么? |
[33:15] | Oh, nothing. Nothing at all. | 没什么. |
[33:17] | That’s wonderful. I mean, it’s terrible, but it’s wonderful. | 我说的是 那太好了 虽然有点糟糕 但太好了. |
[33:20] | Allison, congratulations. | Allison, 恭喜你. |
[33:22] | I know we wouldn’t be here if it weren’t for you. | 没有你的帮助 我们无法成功. |
[33:27] | Oh! I’m king of the world! | 噢! 我是世界之王! |
[33:32] | Anatomically speaking, I don’t think that’s possible. | 从人体学的角度说 那是不可能的事. |
[33:35] | I’m still king of the world. | 那我还是世界之王. |
[33:37] | Come on, Allison. The news is about to start. | 来吧 Allison. 新闻快要开始了. |
[33:41] | Shh! You wake ’em up, you put ’em back to sleep. | 你把他们吵醒了 让他们睡吧. |
[33:44] | Come on, King. This is exciting. | 来吧女王 这让人雀跃. |
[33:47] | That’s right, Bill. History of a sort was made here today. | 是的, Bill. 今天是历史性的一天. 陪审团用了不到2小时就裁定执行死刑 |
[33:54] | by lethal injection in the case of Ivan Kinetko, a serial murderer and rapist. | 连环杀手和强奸犯Ivan Kinetko 会接受皮下注射 |
[33:59] | And while District Attorney Manuel Devalos seemed highly gratified by the swift | Manuel Devalos检察官似乎对判决相当满意 |
[34:03] | and certain verdict the jury gave him, the accused and his defense team seemed stunned | 还有陪审团作出的裁定 被告和他的律师都感到惊讶 |
[34:08] | by both the speed and certainty of this verdict. | 无论在速度还是确定性上 |
[34:10] | Wait a second. That’s not him. | 等一下. 那不是他. |
[34:12] | – What are you talking about? – Oh, my God. Something’s wrong. | – 你在说什么? – 我的天啊, 有东西弄错了. |
[34:15] | That’s not the man in my dreams! | 他不是我梦见的人! |
[34:18] | – Okay. Does that really matter? – It matters to me! | – 那真的有什么关系吗r? – 对我来说有! |
[34:21] | That’s not the man I saw commit the crimes. | 他不是我看见犯罪的人. |
[34:23] | Hey? Where are you going? | 嘿? 你要去哪里? |
[34:28] | – But sir, I’m not even sure he’s guilty. – That’s all right, Allison. I am. | – 但是先生 我连他是否有罪都不确定. – 那没关系Allison. 我确定. |
[34:32] | – But… – There are no buts. There can’t be. | – 但是… – 没有但是. 不可能出错的. |
[34:38] | I got a lab full of DNA to prove that he’s our man. Besides, he confessed. | 我有整个实验室的DNA证明他就是罪犯. 而且他也认罪了. |
[34:43] | In any event, this was not the trial to determine guilt or innocence. | 无论如何 这不是判断是否无辜的审判. |
[34:46] | We had that trial three months ago. This trial was about sentencing. | 那个三个月前就已经进行过了 这是关于用刑的审判 |
[34:49] | So go to sleep, get some rest. You’ve done a great thing here. | 去睡觉吧,休息一下. 你的工作很出色. |
[34:55] | But now, I’m not so sure. | 但现在, 我不确定了. |
[34:56] | Allison, so it doesn’t look like the face in your dreams. | Allison, 他不是你梦里的那张脸. |
[34:59] | So what? Who knows where you got that face from? | 那又怎样呢? 你怎么知道那张脸是从哪儿来的呢? |
[35:03] | And what difference does it make? Maybe your dreams are wrong. | 而这又有什么区别呢? 也许你的梦是错的. |
[35:06] | Frankly, I don’t care. I believe your instincts about people are right. | 坦白说, 我不关心 我相信你对于人的直觉是正确的. |
[35:10] | Today, that’s what mattered. | 今天,那才是重要的. |
[35:13] | – But I can’t be wrong. – Sure you can. | – 但我不能犯错的. – 你当然能. |
[35:16] | You’re a human being. The ability to be wrong is one of the membership requirements. | 你是人. 犯错的能力是做人的基本条件之一. |
[35:20] | The willingness to admit it– well, that gets you extra points. | 愿意承认这个事实 能给你加分. |
[35:44] | Extra! Get your morning paper! Read all about the murder! Extra! | 号外! 来买晨报!看所有关于谋杀案的消息!号外! |
[35:49] | Buy a paper and meet me down the block. | 买份报纸 在那边等我. |
[35:52] | When I realized you weren’t going to wake yourself up from a sound sleep complaining of a nightmare, | 当我发现你不会从熟睡中惊醒抱怨做了个恶梦, |
[35:57] | I got scared and woke myself up. | 我开始害怕 而醒来. |
[36:00] | Not funny. Turn that off, will ya? | 别开玩笑. 关了吧,好吗? |
[36:05] | This is my fault, right? I asked for the old depressed Allison back and… | 是我的错,对吧? 我要要回那个沮丧的Allison. |
[36:10] | Still not funny. | 还是不怎么好笑. |
[36:15] | Okay, Mr. Science Guy, how dead-on is all this DNA stuff? | Okay, 科学家先生 DNA这种东西的准确性有多大? |
[36:20] | Dead dead-on. | 相当相当准确. |
[36:22] | Better than a fingerprint. It’s virtually perfect. | 比指纹好. 基本上是无懈可击的. |
[36:26] | So then I must really have been wrong. | 那一定是我错了. |
[36:28] | Well, okay. But only about the part that matters least. | 好吧. 但只是最无伤大雅的一环. |
[36:33] | How can you say that? | 你怎么能那样说? |
[36:34] | I move my lips, I push out air. | 我动了动嘴皮子. |
[36:37] | There’s nothing to it. | 一点关系都没有. |
[36:39] | Allison, who cares what he looked like in your dreams? | Allison, 谁在乎他在你的梦里长得什么模样? |
[36:42] | I care. I mean, if I’m wrong about that, I could be wrong about other things. | 我在乎.如果我错了, 别的事情我也有可能犯错. |
[36:47] | – Hallelujah. – It’s not funny. | – 不好笑. |
[36:49] | I don’t find it funny. I find it comforting. | 我不觉得好笑, 那是安慰人的话. |
[36:52] | Well, I find it confusing and depressing. | 那好,我倒觉得让人困惑和沮丧. |
[36:56] | I mean, I feel like that chemist who set out | 我觉得自己就像那个被派去 |
[36:59] | to prevent heart attacks and accidentally discovered Viagra. | 预防心脏病的药剂师 却误打误撞发现了伟哥. |
[37:03] | That man is a fine chemist, by the way. A very fine chemist. | 他是个了不起的药剂师.相当出色. |
[37:06] | He has nothing to be depressed about. | 他没有什么好沮丧的. |
[37:08] | – Shut up. – What difference does it make? | – 住口. – 那又有什么区别呢? |
[37:11] | As long as we’re certain the real killer is going to meet his maker. | 只要我们确信真正的凶手得到惩罚. |
[37:15] | As long as theittle boy finally talks. | 只要小男孩终于开了口. |
[37:17] | As long as horny old men can bed sweet young girls half their age, | 只要老色鬼能和年轻的小妞同眠, |
[37:22] | I ask you, what’s the difference? | 我问你,有什么不一样? |
[37:25] | And by the way, how old are you? | 顺便问一句,你今年多大了? |
[37:29] | About half your age. Just don’t turn on any more lights. | 你一半的岁数吧.只要别再开灯. |
[37:41] | Guess who wants to have dinner tomorrow night? | 猜猜看明天晚上谁要一起吃晚餐? |
[37:44] | This is a whole new nightmare. I can see it coming. | 这是一个新的恶梦.我看到它的来临. |
[37:47] | That’s right. Your favorite friends at your favorite place. | 答对了.你喜欢的朋友们在你喜欢的地方. |
[37:51] | Come on. It’ll be fun. | 来吧.会有意思的. |
[37:53] | We’ll listen to their stories, you can tell me what really happened afterwards. | 我们会听他们讲故事,你再告诉我哪些是真的. |
[37:58] | Where you going? | 你要去哪里? |
[38:00] | I’m going to check that your father isn’t in our bed. I’m tired. | 我去看看你爸在不在床上.我累了 |
[38:15] | Oh, no, thank you. I’m the designated driver tonight. | 不,谢谢你.我今晚要开车. |
[38:19] | So, wait a second. The last time I saw you, you were headed east. How’d your conference go? | 等一下.上次我们见面的时候 我听说你要去东岸. 会议开得怎样? |
[38:25] | You know what? I didn’t go. | 你知道吗?我没有去. |
[38:28] | I felt a little funny. | 我觉得有点滑稽. |
[38:29] | I couldn’t help but wonder how much of what happened was… | 我无法不怀疑发生的事情有多大程度是… |
[38:34] | – therapy or how much was luck. – It wasn’t luck. | – 疗法还是运气. – 不是运气. |
[38:37] | I’m not saying it was all luck, I am just saying that one time does not a proven protocol make. | 我不是说那全靠走运 只是一次成功还算不上成就. |
[38:42] | I want to work on it some more. | 我要多试几次. |
[38:44] | You know, I mean, there’s no accounting for happy accidents. | 我知道 偶发事件不能算数. |
[38:48] | I know what you mean. | 我知道你的意思. |
[38:50] | Here’s to happy accidents. | 为偶发事件喝一杯. |
[38:52] | Hear, hear. | 干杯. |
[38:55] | Now, I’m remembering that you do something for the government. | 我记得你在政府部门工作. |
[38:59] | She works for the local District Attorney’s Office. | 她在地方检署工作. |
[39:01] | District Attorney Manuel Devalos. | 替地检署的Manuel Devalos检察官. |
[39:04] | The Ivan Kinetko trial. | Ivan Kinetko的案子. |
[39:07] | – We’re not supposed to discuss that. – Well, I’m proud. I’m proud, baby. | – 我们不应该谈这个的. – 我很骄傲.为你骄傲,亲爱的. |
[39:11] | You were you involved in that trial? That necrophiliac rapist guy? | 你参加那次审判了吗? 那个恋尸狂? |
[39:14] | She was very involved. We’re not allowed to discuss the nature of her involvement… | 她非常投入 我们不允许谈论她参与的工作性质… |
[39:18] | – Well, kudos to you. – Yes, kudos to you! | – 为了你的声望. – 为了你的名誉! |
[39:21] | I don’t want any kudos, really. There was more than a little luck involved there. | 我不需要什么赞美. 那只是一点点运气而已. |
[39:24] | – And lots of other people. – Not luck. Instinct. | – 还有很多其他的人. – 不是运气.是直觉. |
[39:27] | Talent. | 才能. |
[39:29] | – Certainty. – No. You’re wrong. | – 确定性. – 不 你错了. |
[39:31] | You can relate to this. You do 90 little things right and one big thing wrong and… | 可以这样看. 你做了90见微小而正确的事 犯了1次大错… |
[39:35] | – It all just works out anyway. – And you’re not sure you know why. | – 反正都行得通. – 但你就是不确定 知道为什么吗. |
[39:39] | I’ll definitely drink to that. | 我一定要为这个喝一杯. |
[39:43] | So are we ready to order? | 我们准备好点餐了吗? |
[39:45] | Geez, I haven’t even had a chance to look at the menu. | 我还没来得及看菜单呢. |
[39:48] | We’ve been here, what, three times in the last three weeks? | 我们在过去3周已经来过这儿3次了吧? |
[39:50] | I should have the damn thing memorized. | 我应该记得的. |
[39:53] | Jesus… | 老天… |
[39:57] | – You okay? – No. | – 你还好吧? – 不. |
[40:03] | Yes. | 还好. |
[40:07] | Actually, it’s great. | 应该说很好. |
[40:11] | Psychic with a bad memory. | 记性不好的灵媒. -=结束=- |