时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:01] | WOMAN: Tim, listen to me. | Tim, 听我说 |
[00:03] | A certain amount of selfishness is good. | 有点自私是好的 |
[00:07] | A marriage without selfishness | 一场婚姻如果没有自私 |
[00:08] | is a marriage without pleasure. | 是一场没有快乐的婚姻 |
[00:10] | And a marriage without pleasure is doomed. | 没有快乐的婚姻是人生的悲哀 |
[00:12] | Yes, we love. Yes, we give. | 是的, 我们相爱, 我们付出 |
[00:15] | Yes, we want to make our partner happy. | 是的, 我们都希望我们的伴侣快乐 |
[00:18] | But it’s like that announcement | 但是, 这就象 |
[00:21] | they make on the airplane. | 在飞机上做的宣言 |
[00:24] | If the cabin should suddenly lose pressure, | 如果机舱突然失去压力 |
[00:26] | first you must attend to your own oxygen mask, | 你必须首先给自己带上 氧气面罩 |
[00:29] | then put on your child’s, | 然后给你的孩子带 |
[00:32] | your partner’s. | 然后是你的伴侣 |
[00:34] | Do you follow me? | 你明白我说的吗? |
[00:38] | Okay, then. | 明白, 然后呢? |
[00:40] | The rest is simple. | 余下的就简单了 |
[00:42] | You want to do something with Donna. | 你想和Donna一起 |
[00:46] | To Donna. | 对Donna做些什么 |
[00:48] | You’ve wanted to do it for a long time, | 你已经想了很久了 |
[00:50] | but you thought it was wrong. | 但是你认为这样不对 |
[00:53] | You thought Donna wouldn’t understand. | 你觉得Donna不会理解你的 |
[00:55] | You thought society wouldn’t understand. | 你觉得社会也不会理解你的 |
[00:58] | Well, today you’re going to do it. | 可是, 你今天就要去做了 |
[01:02] | Right here. Right now. | 此时此地 |
[01:05] | Okay. Stand up. | 好吧, 站起来 |
[01:11] | Tim. | |
[01:14] | Nothing can happen unless you stand up and face your wife. | 除非你站起来面对你的妻子 否则什么也不会发生的 |
[01:18] | Now come on. | 来吧 |
[01:20] | Are you embarrassed? | 你觉得很尴尬? |
[01:22] | Are you embarrassed to do it in front of me? | 你觉得在我面前做很尴尬吗? |
[01:26] | Don’t be embarrassed. | 不用尴尬 |
[01:27] | I’ve seen it all. | 我都见识过 |
[01:29] | Now come on. | 来吧 |
[01:33] | Stand up and face your wif | 站起来 面对你的妻子 |
[02:14] | ( gunshot ) | ( 枪声 ) |
[02:18] | Excellent, Tim. | 太好了, Tim |
[02:20] | Excellent job. | 干得好 |
[02:23] | ( gasps ) | |
[02:24] | ( groans ) | |
[02:26] | What’s going on? | 怎么了? |
[02:28] | We fell asleep watching the news. | 看着新闻, 我们就睡着了 |
[02:31] | It’s almost 2:00 in the morning. | 都快是凌晨2点了 |
[02:33] | Yep. | 是啊 |
[02:34] | Oh, I just had the weirdest dream. | 哦, 我刚刚做了个非常奇怪的梦 |
[02:36] | Of course you did. | 一定是的 |
[02:37] | It’s a day that ends in “Y”. | 那是以“Y”结束的一天 |
[02:45] | and NBC | |
[03:31] | ( birds chirping ) | ( 鸟儿唧唧喳喳 ) |
[03:48] | Joe? | |
[03:53] | Girls? | 姑娘们? |
[04:02] | ( indistinct chattering ) | ( 模糊的说话声 ) |
[04:04] | But I feel funny not telling Mommy. | 我觉得不告诉妈妈有点奇怪 |
[04:06] | But if you tell Mommy, it won’t be a surprise. | 你告诉妈妈, 就没有惊喜了 |
[04:09] | Right. | 对 |
[04:10] | Hello, my sneaky family. | 嗨, 我鬼鬼祟祟的一家人 |
[04:15] | You don’t give a dentist candy, | 不要给牙医糖果, |
[04:17] | you don’t buy a kitten for a veterinarian, | 不要送兽医小猫, |
[04:19] | and you don’t plan a surprise party for someone like me. | 还有, 不给象我这样的人 准备惊喜派对 |
[04:22] | Who said anyone was planning a surprise party for you? | 谁说有人在给你准备惊喜派对? |
[04:27] | All right, fine. You tell the kids. | 好吧, 你去告诉孩子们 |
[04:29] | They’re the ones who wanted | 是他们想这么做的 |
[04:30] | to have the early morning meeting. | 早上起早开会 |
[04:32] | They’re the ones that are really | 他们才是真正 |
[04:33] | fired up about your birthday. | 对你的生日充满热情的人 |
[04:35] | Really? So it was their idea, not yours? | 是吗? 那这是他们的主意, 不是你的咯? |
[04:37] | Hey, do I look like a fool to you? | 嗨, 我看起来像个傻子吗? |
[04:41] | You are a deeply disturbed man. | 呵呵, 你是个非常不正常的人 |
[04:44] | Thank you, darling. | 谢谢你, 亲爱的 |
[04:46] | Now, listen, as long as you know about everything, | 好吧, 听着, 既然你知道了 |
[04:48] | there’s a list of things | 他们将派对所需的东西 |
[04:49] | they say they need for the party. | 列了张表 |
[04:51] | I can’t get them until Saturday. | 我要到星期六才能给他们 |
[04:53] | ( chuckles ): You want me to buy supplies for my own surprise party? | 你想让我为自己的惊喜派对 买东西? |
[04:57] | Well, it’s not like it’s going | 恩, 不过这不会 |
[04:58] | to ruin it for you. | 破坏你的派对吧 |
[05:00] | Well, okay, fine. | 行, 那好吧 |
[05:01] | You’re the one that’s going | 当所有的. . . 都不见了 |
[05:02] | to be disappointed when all the good pi~atas are gone. | 你会失望的 |
[05:04] | So what do you make of that dream? | 你都梦见了些什么呀? |
[05:06] | Some guy kills his wife? | 有人杀了他的妻子? |
[05:08] | I don’t mean to make you nervous, | 我不是想让你紧张 |
[05:10] | but that happens every day. | 不过这样的事情每天都在发生 |
[05:12] | At the marriage counselor? | 在离婚律师那里? |
[05:14] | Every other day. | 每隔一天吧 |
[05:15] | With the therapist urging him on? | 心理医生催促他这么干的? |
[05:17] | I take your point. | 我明白了 |
[05:18] | I know it’s not a realistic dream. | 我知道这个梦不现实 |
[05:20] | If that had really happened, | 如果真有这样的事情发生 |
[05:21] | it would have made the headlines. | 那可是报纸头条新闻啊 |
[05:23] | I just can’t figure out whether or not to mention it at work. | 我就是不知道, 是否该在工作 的时候提一提这事情 |
[05:26] | What do you mean? To the D.A.? | 什么意思? 对地方检察官说? |
[05:28] | Why would you do that? | 为什么要那样做? |
[05:29] | I don’t know, I must have dreamt it for a reason. | 我不知道, 不过做这样的梦 一定有原因的 |
[05:31] | Yeah, and the reason is, | 恩, 那原因是什么? |
[05:32] | the TV was on, and subconsciously | 电视开着, 所以潜意识里 |
[05:33] | you were listening | 你在听 |
[05:35] | to a bunch of lunatics who are married | 一群结了婚的疯子 |
[05:36] | talk about how they want to kill each other. | 他们想如何杀了对方 |
[05:38] | That’s true. | 是的 |
[05:39] | Which is why the next time | 所以, 下一次 |
[05:41] | we fall asleep with the television on, | 我们睡觉的时候 |
[05:43] | I’m going to make sure we got a little | 如果开着电视 |
[05:45] | soft-core something going on. | 一定要看一些温和的东西 |
[05:47] | You get my meaning, woman? | 你明白我的意思了吗, 女人? |
[05:52] | Go to work. | 去上班吧 |
[05:53] | Oh, yeah. She heard me. | 噢也, 她听见我了 |
[05:55] | Call Maury Povich. | 给Maury Povich打个电话 |
[05:57] | Tell him I’m ready for my close-up. | 告诉他, 我可以结束了 |
[05:58] | ( sighing ): Ha-ha. | 哈哈 |
[06:03] | ( cell phone ringing ) | ( 手机响 ) |
[06:07] | Detective Scanlon. | Scanlon侦探 |
[06:09] | WOMAN: Scanlon? This is Dispatch. | Scanlon? 有重要消息 |
[06:12] | What’s your 20? | 你在哪里? |
[06:13] | I’m at a crime scene in Scottsdale. | 我在Scottsdale的一个犯罪现场 |
[06:15] | Scottsdale? That’s not in your jurisdiction. | 那不是你的辖区啊 |
[06:17] | I’m having a difficult time copying you. | 我听不清楚 |
[06:19] | Why don’t you call me back in 15 minutes? | 你15分钟后给我电话吧 |
[06:24] | ( cell phone ringing ) | ( 手机响 ) |
[06:27] | Detective Scanlon. | Scanlon侦探? |
[06:29] | Detective Scanlon? I guess we were disconnected. | Scanlon侦探? 刚才断线了 |
[06:32] | The Lieutenant was looking for you. | 中尉在找你 |
[06:34] | May I connect? | 可以接进来吗? |
[06:35] | Absolutely. Put him through. | 当然, 接进来吧 |
[06:41] | ( cell phone ringing ) | ( 手机响 ) |
[06:50] | ( ringing stops ) | ( 手机不响了 ) |
[06:54] | Manny. | |
[06:55] | Thanks for coming. | 真感谢你来 |
[06:56] | You’re the best. | 还是你最好 |
[06:58] | Yeah, well, I’m starting to think | 恩, 不过, 我开始觉得 |
[07:00] | that I’m the most naive. | 还是我最天真吧 |
[07:02] | Every one of these men wants to know what I’m doing here. | 这里每个人都想知道 我来这儿做什么 |
[07:04] | Every one of these men wants to know what you’re doing here. | 这里每个人都想知道 你来这儿做什么 |
[07:07] | Tell ’em to take a ‘lude. It’s a crime scene. | 告诉他们小心些, 这是犯罪现场 |
[07:09] | Lee, I’m not going to tell anyone to take anything. | Lee, 我不会让任何人 带走任何东西的 |
[07:11] | And as a matter of fact, no, it’s not. | 事实上, 这不是 |
[07:13] | It’s not a crime scene. | 这不是犯罪现场 |
[07:15] | Not the way you mean. | 至少不是你所说的那种 |
[07:17] | This is a murder-suicide. | 这是谋杀-自杀 |
[07:18] | This man killed his wife, | 这个男人杀了他的妻子 |
[07:19] | then he killed himself, and that’s how | 然后自杀 |
[07:21] | the Coroner’s going to find | 验尸官会这么结论 |
[07:22] | and that’s how the City’s going to record it. | 报纸也会这么报道 |
[07:24] | There’s no need for a prosecutor, | 没有起诉的必要 |
[07:25] | there’s no need for a detective. | 也没有侦探的必要 |
[07:26] | Particularly one who’s | 特别是某人 |
[07:28] | outside his jurisdiction and is on the verge | 不仅超越权限 |
[07:30] | of being suspended. | 而且面临停职 |
[07:34] | Manny, you ever seen this? | Manny, 你见过这个吗? |
[07:35] | What? | 什么? |
[07:38] | Bowling for Columbine. | 科隆比纳的保龄球赛 |
[07:39] | I think so. ! Belongs to them. | 我想是的 是他们的 |
[07:41] | They owned it. | 他们借来的 |
[07:42] | It’s like the Gone With the Wind | 就像“飘”一样 |
[07:43] | of gun control movies. Yeah? So? | 一部枪战片 怎么? |
[07:44] | So you’re telling me a young, married couple | 你在告诉我, 一对年轻夫妇 |
[07:46] | whose idea of a hot Friday night | 希望度过的一个热辣的周末 |
[07:48] | is watching an anti- NRA documentary | 正在看一部反对国家射击协会的纪录片 |
[07:50] | keep an unregistered, loaded .32 | 还在他们的公寓 |
[07:51] | in their apartment– I don’t think so. | 保留一把非法的.32口径手枪? 我可不这么认为 |
[07:53] | Someone did this. | 一定是有其他人干的 |
[07:54] | This is like the other ones, Manny. | 就像其他的案件, Manny |
[07:56] | They’re connected. | 是有关联的 |
[07:58] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[08:00] | But why are you the only one who sees it? | 可是, 为什么只有你这么想? |
[08:05] | You know, I’ve never really shared with anyone | 你知道 我从来没有对任何人说过 |
[08:07] | who you are or what you do. | 你是谁, 你是干什么的 |
[08:08] | Okay. | 是的 |
[08:10] | But I have a friend, he’s a police detective. | 不过我有个朋友 是警察局的侦探 |
[08:12] | He called me this morning, wants me to go to the mayor, | 他早上给我电话, 让我去市长那儿 |
[08:15] | get funding for a special task force. | 为一个特别任务要经费 |
[08:16] | What kind of task force? | 什么样的特别任务? |
[08:18] | For the past two years or so he’s been obsessed | 过去两年中, 他非常困扰 |
[08:20] | with a string of deaths here in Phoenix. | 凤凰城里的一系列谋杀案 |
[08:22] | And? | 哦? |
[08:23] | And it’s destroying his career. | 是的, 这些正在破坏他的事业 |
[08:25] | He’s ignoring all his other work. | 他放下了所以其他的工作 |
[08:27] | I don’t think his personal life | 我想, 他的私人生活 |
[08:28] | is anything to write home about either. | 也一团糟 |
[08:30] | I don’t understand… | 我不明白 |
[08:32] | He sees a crime where others just see personal turmoil. | 其他人认为的个人的骚乱 他会看出是犯罪 |
[08:36] | He sees a pattern where others see only random tragedy. | 其他人认为的意外 他能看出是有预谋的 |
[08:41] | He’ll tell you all about it. | 他会告诉你一切的 |
[08:43] | He’s waiting for you up at the crime scene. | 他在现场等你 |
[08:45] | I’ve asked them to leave the bodies | 我已经告诉他们把尸体留下 |
[08:48] | and everything else they found | 还有他们发现的所有东西 |
[08:50] | exactly the way they found it. | 都照着原样保留着 |
[08:52] | I was pretty vague with him. | 我对他没有什么了解 |
[08:54] | I told him that you were someone | 我告诉他, |
[08:55] | who worked for me, someone I trust. | 你是我信任的人, 你替我工作 |
[08:57] | Listen to what he has to say. | 听听他说的 |
[08:58] | Look at the things he wants to show you. | 看看他给你看的东西 |
[09:01] | Tell me what you think. | 告诉我你的想法 |
[09:02] | Okay. | 好 |
[09:03] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[09:10] | Hello? | 有人吗? |
[09:11] | SCANLON: Up here. | 在这儿 |
[09:13] | Put some booties | 先穿上短靴 |
[09:15] | and gloves on first, though. | 带上手套 |
[09:35] | District Attorney Devalos asked me to stop by. | 检察官Devalos让我过来看看 |
[09:38] | Are you his friend? | 你是他朋友? |
[09:39] | Guilty as charged. | 有罪 |
[09:40] | Detective Scanlon. | Scanlon侦探 |
[09:43] | Allison.Dubois Allison. Allison Dubois. | |
[09:45] | So what do we have here? | 这里怎么了? |
[09:47] | Young married couple found shot to death. | 年轻夫妇遭枪射, 死亡 |
[09:50] | Guy was 29. Girl 27. | 男人29岁, 女人27岁 |
[09:53] | Coroner thinks the husband put a bullet | 验尸官认为丈夫开枪 |
[09:55] | in his wife’s head, then turned the gun on himself. | 将子弹打入妻子的头部 然后将枪指向他自己 |
[09:57] | So what do you think happened? | 你认为发生了什么? |
[09:59] | I don’t know. Not that. | 我不知道, 不是那样的 |
[10:01] | “Not that”? | 不是那样? |
[10:03] | That’s your basis for a task force? | 那是你的特别任务的依据? |
[10:06] | “Not that”? | 不是那样? |
[10:08] | Look, I don’t know what it is exactly you do with the D.A. | 听着, 我不知道你究竟在检察院 做什么 |
[10:11] | I don’t know what your specialty is. | 我也不知道你的专长 |
[10:12] | Forensics? Linguistics? Criminology? | 辩论? 语言学? 犯罪学? |
[10:13] | Maybe you were with the FBI or the CSI | 也许你曾在FBI或CSI工作 |
[10:16] | or the CIA or the kiss my ass. | 或者是CIA, 或者滚你妈的 |
[10:18] | Don’t misunderstand me. | 别误会我 |
[10:21] | I don’t mean any disrespect, but me, I’m just a cop. | 我不想冒犯, 但是我, 只是一个警察 |
[10:24] | Not a specialist. Started in Traffic control. | 不是专家. 我原先是交警 |
[10:26] | Glorified crossing guard. | 美其名曰十字路口卫士 |
[10:28] | And I’m here to tell you that I could | 我现在来, 就是告诉你 |
[10:30] | look into a windshield 30 feet away | 我可以透过30英尺外的挡风玻璃 看清里面的一切 |
[10:32] | and tell you if the driver was going to see the stop sign | 还可以告诉你, 里面的司机 |
[10:34] | I was holding up or if he was going to run the intersection. | 是否准备闯红灯 |
[10:36] | And I was always right. | 并且, 我总是正确的 |
[10:39] | Instinct. | 是直觉 |
[10:41] | It got me this far, so I listen to it. | 直觉指引我 我相信我的直觉 |
[10:45] | Is there anything else? | 还有什么吗? |
[10:47] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[10:48] | In the past 27 months, there have been three cases | 在过去的27个月当中, 发生了三件类似的案件 |
[10:51] | in the Greater Phoenix area of supposed murder-suicides | 在凤凰城地区, 谋杀-自杀 |
[10:54] | among couples married little more than a year. | 都是年轻的, 刚结婚不到一年的夫妇 |
[10:56] | Well, they do say the first year’s the hardest. | 恩, 他们是说第一年总是很难 |
[10:58] | I wouldn’t know. | 我不相信 |
[11:00] | But what I do know is, in the 90-some years prior to that, | 但是我知道, 90多年前 |
[11:04] | in fact for as long as they kept records, | 事实上, 从已经保存的记录来看 |
[11:06] | there wasn’t one other case thought to be murder-suicide | 没有一个案件是定性为谋杀-自杀的 |
[11:09] | among couples married more than one year but less than two. | 在年轻的夫妇中, 结婚一年多, 但是不到两年 |
[11:13] | Not one. | 没有! |
[11:15] | Well, these are complicated times. | 不过, 现在是复杂的年代 |
[11:17] | Phoenix is a bigger than it’s ever been before. | 凤凰城比以往所有的时间都要大 |
[11:19] | People get married, | 人们结婚 |
[11:20] | there are bound to be disappointments, | 总会有失望的 |
[11:22] | temptations… | 诱惑. . . |
[11:23] | ( sighs ) | ( 叹气 ) |
[11:25] | The first couple… | 第一对夫妇 |
[11:28] | was my sister and her husband. | 是我的姐姐和她丈夫 |
[11:33] | I’m sorry. | 对不起 |
[11:35] | He would’ve killed for her. She would’ve killed for him. | 可能是他杀了她, 或者她杀了他 |
[11:38] | There’s nothing complicated about it. | 没有什么复杂的 |
[11:39] | They didn’t do it to each other. | 他们没有互相杀死对方 |
[11:41] | Someone did it to them. | 是另外有人干的 |
[11:43] | Same thing here. | 这里也是 |
[11:45] | So, how do you want to do this? | 你准备怎么办? |
[11:47] | Do you want to wait outside, | 你想在外面等 |
[11:49] | or-or should I call you or…? | 还是我打电话给你, 还是? |
[11:50] | What do you mean? | 你的意思是. . . |
[11:51] | I need to be alone, so I can concentrate. | 我想单独呆会, 可以集中精神 |
[11:54] | Oh. | 哦 |
[11:56] | All right. | 行 |
[12:01] | All right. | 行 |
[12:29] | ( eerie breathing sound ) | ( 怪异的喘气声 ) |
[12:32] | Nice to see you again. | 很高兴再次见到你 |
[12:38] | They did a wonderful job, don’t you think? | 他们干得漂亮, 你说呢? |
[12:43] | Really rose to the occasion. | 时机很好! |
[12:47] | Actually, I don’t know what to think. | 事实上, 我不知道该想什么 |
[12:50] | Who are you? | 你是谁? |
[12:52] | Are you dead, too? | 你也死了吗? |
[12:54] | Me? No. I’m… no one. | 我? 我谁也不是 |
[12:58] | I’m not even a real person. | 我甚至不是一个人 |
[13:01] | I’m just energy left behind by the two of them. | 我是他们两个留下的灵魂 |
[13:04] | A way for them to communicate with you. | 是他们和你交流的途径 |
[13:08] | Through your dreams last night. | 昨晚你托的梦? |
[13:10] | Here, now. | 这儿, 现在 |
[13:13] | They’d speak to you themselves, | 他们想自己对你说 |
[13:15] | but their souls are still in shock. | 可是他们的灵魂依然很害怕 |
[13:17] | Both their souls. | 他们俩都是 |
[13:19] | You see, this happened | 你看, 事情的发生 |
[13:22] | not because onwas angry with the other. | 并不是因为一个对另一个生气 |
[13:25] | This happened because each loved the other | 是因为他们互相爱对方 |
[13:29] | more than life itself. | 甚至超过了生命 |
[13:32] | It’s important to them you understand this. | 对他们来说很重要, 你理解吗 |
[14:01] | ( gasps ) | |
[14:11] | ( groans ) | |
[14:36] | A third person? | 第三者? |
[14:38] | And you’re cerin of this? | 你确定? |
[14:39] | Can I tell you who it is? No. | 我现在能不能告诉你是谁干的? 不能 |
[14:40] | Can I tell you what they were doing there? Uh-uh. | 我能告诉你他们做了些什么吗? 恩? |
[14:43] | Can I tell you why all this happened? No. | 我能告诉你为什么发生这些吗? 不行 |
[14:45] | Not yet. But I do agree with Detective Scanlon. | 还不到时间, 不过我同意 Scanlon侦探 |
[14:47] | This is not something | 这不是 |
[14:49] | that these two people did to each other. | 两个人互相杀死对方的 |
[14:50] | This is something that was done to them. | 是另外有人干的 |
[14:52] | ( slapping desk ) | |
[14:53] | I knew it, I knew it, I knew it! | 我就知道, 我就知道, 我就知道! |
[14:59] | Thank you, thank you, thank you. | 谢谢, 谢谢, 谢谢! |
[15:04] | So what’d you pick up? A third set of fingerprints? | 你找到了什么? 第三人的指纹? |
[15:09] | A hair sample? | 头发? |
[15:12] | Maybe there was something about the wounds? | 伤口上有问题? |
[15:15] | Lee… | |
[15:18] | Allison specializes in a more… | Allison的专业是 |
[15:21] | unconventional branch of criminology. | 犯罪学的非常规分支 |
[15:26] | Okay. So what is it convinced you? | 好吧, 是什么说服了你? |
[15:28] | Some kind of evidence, right? | 有证据, 是不是? |
[15:30] | Something Manny here can take into a court of law? | Manny可以带上法庭的证据? |
[15:33] | Something he can use to… persuade the mayor | 可以用来说服市长的证据? |
[15:35] | to fund a task force, | 来完成特别任务? |
[15:37] | get some manpower and some resources on this case? | 获得人力物力? |
[15:46] | ( clears throat ) | ( 清嗓子 ) |
[15:47] | I had a dream the other night. | 那天晚上我做了个梦 |
[15:54] | Oh, crap. | 哦, 废话 |
[15:57] | Shoot me now. | 朝我开枪吧 |
[15:58] | She’s not a criminologist at all, is she? | 她完全不是犯罪学专家, 是不是? |
[16:00] | Allison is an extraordinarily sensitive and intuitive person | Allison具有超强的第六感 |
[16:02] | who I’ve worked with to great effect on a number of cases. | 我和她一起调查了好几个案子 |
[16:05] | Do I have the word “jackass” stenciled across my forehead?! | 我是不是脑门上印了“笨蛋”? |
[16:08] | All right, you need to lower you voice. | 行了, 你轻点 |
[16:09] | Oh, my God! | 天哪, 我的上帝 |
[16:10] | Did you hear what I said? | 你听见我刚刚说的了吗? |
[16:11] | What do I look like to you, Manny? | 对你来说, 我是怎样一个人 |
[16:12] | She’s one of those sob-sister fortunetellers | 她是个占卜师 |
[16:14] | that crawls out from under a rock | 从石头底下发掘 |
[16:15] | when you can’t find the missing kid | 你失踪的孩子 |
[16:16] | and it’s been over a year | 这事已经超过一年了 |
[16:18] | and the parents are getting desperate | 父母都绝望了 |
[16:18] | and they’ll listen | 他们会 |
[16:19] | to just about anyone, isn’t she? | 听任何人的话, 不是吗? |
[16:21] | Point in fact, up until recently, | 事实上, 直到最近 |
[16:22] | Mrs. Dubois was a very accomplished law student… | Dubois还是个 能干的法律系学生 |
[16:24] | What were you thinking? | 你认为那 |
[16:26] | How the hell is she going to get me a task force?! | 她究竟如何给我 弄一个特别任务小组? |
[16:27] | What are you going to do? | 你要干什么? |
[16:28] | Walk up to the mayor | 去见市长 |
[16:29] | and tell him she had a dream? | 告诉他, 她做了个梦? |
[16:30] | No, seriously. Answer me that. | 不, 严肃点, 回答我 |
[16:33] | How is putting me together with Milli Vanilli | 我究竟怎么了 |
[16:34] | the Psychic here gonna get me a task force? | 这个巫师会给我一特别行动小组? |
[16:37] | You’re right. That was never gonna happen. | 你说的对, 这绝对不可能发生 |
[16:40] | Would you mind telling me just what was the point? | 那你能不能告诉我, 究竟是什么? |
[16:43] | The point– assuming she agreed with you | 是, 假设她同意你的观点 |
[16:44] | that there was something worth investigating– | 有东西值得调查 |
[16:47] | was that Mrs. Dubois is your task force. | Dubois不就是你的 特别行动小组吗? |
[16:49] | That’s it. She’s all the resources | 是的, 她就是全部了 |
[16:50] | anyone is ever gonna give you, period. | 任何人都会给你的, 结束 |
[16:52] | Oh, boy, you really | 哦, 天哪, |
[16:53] | know how to make a girl feel special. | 你果然知道如何让一个 女孩感觉特别 |
[16:56] | You’re insane. | 你疯了 |
[16:59] | And you’re insaner. | 你更加疯 |
[17:00] | And you do have the word “ass” | 你的脑门上 |
[17:03] | tattooed on your fehead except it doesn’t have | 写了”笨” |
[17:04] | a “jack” in front of it! | 不过后面没写”蛋”! |
[17:07] | Don’t you want to know about the other three cases? | 你不想知道其他三个案件吗 |
[17:10] | Seeing as how I seem to be the only person | 看在我是这地球上唯一一个 |
[17:12] | on the planet who agrees with you even a little bit? | 赞同你一点点的人 |
[17:15] | Wouldn’t you want to know if I see any similarities? | 你不想知道我们是否有相似点吗? |
[17:17] | I don’t know what’s she talking about, Manny. | 我不知道她在说什么, Manny |
[17:19] | I don’t have three other crime scenes to take her to. | 我没有另外三个现场可以带她去 |
[17:21] | Give her a set of the crime scene photos. | 给她一些现场照片 |
[17:23] | Will that do it? | 够了吗? |
[17:25] | Well, it’s a start. | 好吧, 这只是个开始 |
[17:37] | She’s here! | 她来了! |
[17:38] | Daddy, she’s here! I’ll watch the baby. | 爸爸, 她来了 我会照看孩子的 |
[17:42] | Whew! | 呜 |
[17:45] | ( rapping on glass ) | ( 敲打玻璃 ) |
[17:48] | You just aged me by ten years. | 你刚刚给我加了10岁 |
[17:51] | And that would make you a whopping 38. | 那就让你成了38岁的怪物了 |
[17:53] | Very nice. Good recovery. | 非常好 |
[17:55] | I think I’ll keep ya. | 我想我会留下你 |
[17:56] | So, listen, so when you walk through that door, | 听着, 当你走过那扇门 |
[17:58] | the kids are going to be all over you. | 孩子们会围着你 |
[17:59] | I told them I needed them to distract you | 我告诉他们, 我需要他们来 分散你的注意力 |
[18:01] | so I could sneak all the party stuff | 因此我可以偷偷摸摸的 把派对的东西 |
[18:03] | out of my car and into the house. | 从车里搬到屋里 |
[18:04] | Out of your car. | 从你的车里 |
[18:05] | Yeah. | 对 |
[18:06] | Of course, because you bought it | 当然, 因为你买了这些 |
[18:08] | because you are superdaddy and a superhusband | 因为你是个超级爸爸 和超级老公 |
[18:13] | trying to pull off a supersurpise party for… | 准备一个超级精彩的派对 为了. . . |
[18:14] | For my 28-year-old wife. | 为了我28岁的太太 |
[18:17] | You’re really pushing your luck. | 你真是在挑战你的运气 |
[18:32] | Wow, | 哇 |
[18:34] | the things you won’t do | 你不该做这些事情 |
[18:35] | to try and spice up our love life. | 来给我们的爱情加温 |
[18:38] | I don’t know about you, but this does nothing for me. | 我不了解你 不过这对我来说没用 |
[18:40] | It’s not funny. These people are really dead. | 这没什么好笑的 这些人真的是死了 |
[18:42] | Boy, as you get older, approaching your 30s and everything, | 孩子, 当你长大, 到你30岁时 |
[18:45] | you’re really starting to lose your sense of humor. | 你开始失去幽默感 |
[18:47] | You know, you’ve gotten every bit of mileage | 你正朝着这方向发展 |
[18:50] | you can out of that joke. | 你可以不理会这个玩笑 |
[18:51] | Someone’s in a good mood. | 有些人心情好 |
[18:53] | The more I look at these pictures, | 我越看这些照片 |
[18:55] | the less sense everything makes. | 越觉得所有的东西都没意思 |
[18:57] | ( yawning ) | |
[18:58] | So, why don’t you tell Devalos | 为什么不告诉Devalos |
[19:00] | to take you off whatever this is? | 让你走, 不管发生什么 |
[19:02] | Tell him you’re not getting anything. | 告诉他, 你什么都不想要 |
[19:04] | Well, that’s just it. I am. | 就这样 |
[19:06] | It’s just what I’m getting doesn’t add up. | 就是我所得到的没什么用 |
[19:09] | And it’s not just Devalos. | 不单单是Devalos |
[19:10] | There’s this cop. This detective. | 还有这个警察, 和这个侦探 |
[19:12] | You should have heard him talking about his instincts. | 你应该听听他说他的直觉 |
[19:15] | Suddenly when it became about my instincts, | 突然, 这就变成我的直觉了 |
[19:18] | about him working with me? | 关于他和我一起工作? |
[19:20] | Well, that would be insane. | 这简直就是疯了 |
[19:22] | I must be insane. | 我一定是疯了 |
[19:24] | Well, then, this is perfect, isn’t it? | 不过, 这样很好, 不是吗? |
[19:26] | You don’t like him. | 你不喜欢他 |
[19:27] | Sounds like he doesn’t like you. | 他好像也不喜欢你 |
[19:28] | The things you’re sensing about this case | 你对这个案件的感觉 |
[19:30] | aren’t clarifying anything. | 没有说明任何事情 |
[19:32] | All great reasons to respectfully remove yourself. | 很多很好的理由应该开除你 |
[19:38] | Hmm. Well, I might just do that. | 恩, 也许, 我是该怎么做 |
[19:41] | I might just do that. | 我也许是该这么做 |
[19:43] | Good. I’m glad I could be of help. | 很好, 我很高兴我能帮助你 |
[20:08] | ( alarm clock beeping ) | ( 闹钟响 ) |
[20:10] | ( groans ) | |
[20:13] | That makes no sense. | 那不合理啊 |
[20:14] | I’m just telling you what I saw. | 我只是告诉你我所看到的 |
[20:16] | What you dreamt. | 你梦见的 |
[20:17] | What I saw in my dreams. | 我在梦里看见的 |
[20:20] | Help me out here, will you, Manny? | 帮帮忙好吗, Manny |
[20:22] | All right, let me see if I can understand this. | 行, 让我看看我能不能明白 |
[20:24] | You would see their faces… | 你能看见他们的脸 |
[20:25] | They came to me in flashes, like crime scene photos. | 他们是一张张照片 就像现场的照片 |
[20:28] | Right. But always | 对, 不过 |
[20:29] | the husband first. | 总是先出现丈夫的 |
[20:30] | Yes. | 对 |
[20:32] | And always having already been shot. | 而且总是已经被击倒了 |
[20:33] | And that makes you think that the husbands died first? | 那让你以为是丈夫先死? |
[20:35] | Allison, the husband was always found | Allison, 在现场发现丈夫 |
[20:38] | at the crime scene | 在现场 |
[20:39] | with the gun in his hand | 他手里有枪 |
[20:40] | covered with blowback and powder residue. | 有后座力, 还有残余的火药 |
[20:42] | You can’t kill yourself first | 你不可能先杀了你自己 |
[20:43] | and then kill your wife. | 然后再杀你的妻子 |
[20:45] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[20:46] | Excuse me. | 对不起 |
[20:47] | Could you remind the detective | 你能不能提醒侦探 |
[20:48] | that I am on his side? | 我和他是一边的 |
[20:49] | It’s all right. Tell her I appreciate the help. | 没关系, 告诉她, 我感谢她的帮助 |
[20:50] | But I would really prefer it | 但是我想这么做 |
[20:52] | if her theories made a little more sense. | 如果她的理论能更加有根据 |
[20:52] | Excuse me? | 对不起? |
[20:53] | But with all due respect, ma’am, | 但是我尊敬你, 小姐 |
[20:56] | all you do is come up | 你所作的 |
[20:57] | with things that contradict the physical evidence. | 只是发现和现场证据相反的 东西 |
[20:59] | That kind of help I don’t need. | 可是我不需要这样的帮助 |
[21:00] | At least I have a theory. What’s yours? | 至少我有理论依据, 你呢? |
[21:01] | You’ve been on this two years | 你负责这个案子有两年了 |
[21:03] | and what have you come up with? | 你发现了什么? |
[21:04] | “My sister’s husband wouldn’t do that.” | “我姐姐的丈夫不会这么做的” |
[21:06] | Frankly, I’m not impressed. Allison… | 坦白的说, 我不以为然, Allison |
[21:07] | Golly, ma’am. Not impressing you? I can’t tell you | 天哪, 不能说服你? 我不知道说什么了 |
[21:09] | how upsetting that is. | 太令人沮丧了 |
[21:10] | I’ll probably be awake all night. | 今晚可能又要失眠了 |
[21:12] | Lee, would you give it a rest, please? | Lee, 你能不能停一停 |
[21:14] | ( intercom ringing ) | ( 铃声 ) |
[21:17] | I told you not now! | 我告诉过你, 不是现在! |
[21:21] | ( sighing ) | |
[21:24] | Well, I guess this was a bad idea. | 好吧, 不过这个想法很糟糕 |
[21:25] | You two are clearly not meant to work with each other. | 你们两个不该一起工作的 |
[21:30] | Allison, I appreciate your time and effort, | Allison, 我感谢你的时间和 你的努力 |
[21:32] | and I apologize for my friend’s extraordinary lack of gratitude. | 我替我朋友道歉, 他一点都不懂感激 |
[21:36] | Lee, I hope I can count on you not to say anything to anyone | Lee, 我希望你会替我保守秘密 |
[21:39] | about who Allison is | 不要说出去Allison是谁 |
[21:41] | and how we u her talents here in the D.A.’s office. | 以及在检察院利用她的特异功能的事情 |
[21:43] | You’re kidding, right? | 你开玩笑吧 |
[21:44] | Is there anything else you would like to share | 还有什么? |
[21:46] | before I put this investigation to bed once and for all? | 在我把这个调查永远结束之前 |
[21:48] | No. | 没有了 |
[21:49] | We’re done. | 结束了 |
[21:51] | Yes, there’s one thing. | 对了, 还有一件事情 |
[21:53] | Like I suspected, | 正象我所怀疑的 |
[21:54] | when I looked at the crime photos, | 当我看这些现场照片的时候 |
[21:56] | I always saw three people at every one of the killings. | 我每次总是看见三个人 |
[21:59] | Except for… | 除了… |
[22:04] | this one. | 这次 |
[22:08] | This one had four people. | 这次有四个人 |
[22:10] | Oh, four now? Well, the killer bring a friend with him? | 哦, 四个人了, 杀手还带了他的朋友? |
[22:12] | Damn it, Lee! | 混帐, Lee |
[22:14] | Hey, Task Force, | 嗨, 特别行动组 |
[22:16] | you got any idea | 你是否有想法 |
[22:17] | what any of these people actually might look like? | 这些人长的如何? |
[22:18] | I mean, that would give us a real leg up. | 我是说, 这会帮我们大忙 |
[22:20] | Are they male? Are they female? | 他们是男的, 还是女的? |
[22:21] | It doesn’t work like that. | 不是这样的. . |
[22:23] | I don’t see them. I feel them. | 我看不见他们 可是我能感觉到他们 |
[22:25] | Oh, well, okay, so does it feel like an Anglo guy | 行, 那好吧, 是不是感觉起来 是个白种男人? |
[22:28] | or a Latin guy? Is he black? | 还是拉丁人或者黑人? |
[22:29] | Or maybe he’s got kind of an Asian feel? | 或者象亚洲人? |
[22:31] | Wow, she’s right. | 喔, 她是对的 |
[22:32] | You are an ass. | 你是个混蛋! |
[22:34] | Thanks for that vote of confidence. | 谢谢你的信任票 |
[22:36] | Yeah, and as far | 是的, 并且 |
[22:37] | as this not being what it appears to be? | 只要这和感觉起来的不一样 |
[22:39] | Well, there’s an old expression: | 有句老话 |
[22:40] | If it walks like a duck and talks like a duck, | 如果它走起来象只鸭子 说起话来象只鸭子 |
[22:41] | then it is a duck. | 那它就是只鸭子 |
[22:43] | Personally, I think you’re up to your knees | 个人认为 |
[22:45] | in a duck pond, Detective. | 你已经掉入一个鸭塘了, 侦探 |
[22:46] | rdon me, um, Mr. District Attorney, | 对不起, 警官 |
[22:48] | The Third Precinct keeps calling, | 三号地区一直在呼叫 |
[22:50] | and they were wondering if you could run down there. | 他们希望你过去 |
[22:51] | Apparently, they have some kind of situation. | 他们似乎有些情况 |
[22:53] | All right. Tell them I’m on my way. | 好吧, 告诉他们我这就去 |
[22:57] | Allison, Detective Scanlon. | Allison, Scanlon侦探 |
[23:05] | Idiot. | 白痴 |
[23:07] | Sorry to make you come across town, | 对不起让你大老远跑来 |
[23:08] | but the chief wanted to cut you in early. | 警长让你早些涉入调查 |
[23:10] | Cut me in early on what? | 调查什么? |
[23:12] | Our guys were called to a homicide last night | 我们的人昨天接到报警, 昨天晚上发生了谋杀 |
[23:14] | and they brought this guy in, | 他们抓住了这个人 |
[23:15] | but nobody can quite get a fix on whether | 可是没人搞得清 |
[23:17] | he’s the victim or perpetrator. | 他是受害者, 还是罪犯 |
[23:18] | And he’s like, “I’m doing an experiment. | 他好像是“我正在做试验” |
[23:20] | A social experiment.” | “一个社会试验” |
[23:22] | And he’s standing there in my house; | 在我家里 |
[23:24] | ski mask, you know? | 带着滑雪面具, 你知道? |
[23:25] | He’s about my height, I think. I don’t know. | 和我差不多高, 我想, 我不知道 |
[23:27] | And he’s pointing a gun at me and my wife. | 他用枪指着我和我妻子 |
[23:29] | And I’m like… “experiment”? What kind of experiment?” | 我说, 到底是什么试验 |
[23:30] | And I’m talking, you know? | 接着我说 |
[23:31] | ‘Cause I’m thinking. Talking is good. | 因为我觉得说话挺好 |
[23:33] | Talking is better than dying, you know? | 说话总比死了的好 |
[23:35] | And he’s like, “You love her?” | 然后他说, “你爱她吗? ” |
[23:36] | He’s pointing at my wife. | 他指着我妻子 |
[23:37] | I’m like, “Of course I love her. She’s my wife!” | 我说:“我当然爱她, 她是我妻子” |
[23:39] | He goes, “Okay, here’s the deal. | 他接着说“这样吧” |
[23:40] | You shoot her and we’ll let you live.” | 你朝她开枪, 我就不杀你 |
[23:43] | And I’m like, “What?! Are you… are you insane?” | 我说:“什么? 你疯了吗? ” |
[23:46] | He’s like, “No, I’m a social scientist, | 他说:“不是, 我是个社会学者” |
[23:48] | you bourgeois A-hole!” | 你们这些中产阶级 |
[23:49] | And he takes his gun and he puts it | 接着他用他的枪 |
[23:51] | right under my chin, right here, and he goes, “Okay, lab rat, | 顶着我的脸颊, 就这儿 说, “好吧, 实验室的小老鼠” |
[23:54] | “you shoot her or I’ll shoot you both. | 要么你朝她开枪, 要么我杀了你们两个 |
[23:57] | Make a choice. You wanna live? You wanna live?” | 选择吧, 你想活吧? 想活吧? |
[23:59] | And I’m like, “Yeah, of course! Of course! | 接着我说“是的, 当然当然! ” |
[24:01] | And he goes, “Okay, so do it. | 他说“好吧, 开枪吧” |
[24:02] | Choose life! Shoot her!” | 想活着, 就朝她开枪吧! |
[24:04] | And she’s wailing, you know? She’s screaming, | 她悲号着, 她尖叫着 |
[24:07] | and you can’t even make out what she’s saying, even. | 你甚至听不清她在说什么 |
[24:09] | And for a second, like, I almost thought she was saying, “Do it. | 我几乎想到她正在说“开枪吧” |
[24:12] | And I’m thinking, “Do it? Shoot my wife?” | 我想道“开枪? 杀了我的妻子? ” |
[24:15] | I can’t! I can’t do that. I can’t do that! | 不能, 我做不到! |
[24:18] | And then, and then the gun was… the gun was so light… | 接着, 枪. . 枪很轻 |
[24:22] | the gun was so… | 枪很. . . |
[24:24] | And then I’m thinking, “Oh, I see, | 接着我想, 明白了, |
[24:25] | “I get it. It’s a joke. | 我明白了, 这是个玩笑 |
[24:27] | It’s a freakin’ joke,” you know? | 是个变态的玩笑, |
[24:29] | And he’s got his gun right here and she’s wailing, so I did it. | 他用枪顶着这儿, 她在哭叫, 接着我就开枪了 |
[24:31] | I pulled the trigger. | 我扣动了扳机 |
[24:35] | Mr. Conrad, | Conrad先生 |
[24:37] | so am I to understand | 我是不是该理解为 |
[24:39] | that you’re now admitting to what happened? | 你现在是在描述发生了什么 |
[24:42] | Admitting that you did kill your wife? | 承认你杀了你的妻子? |
[24:44] | No. No. | 不, 不 |
[24:46] | It’s like I said before. I did pull the trigger, | 象我前面说的, 我扣动了扳机 |
[24:49] | but nothing happened. It went “chik”. Nothing. | 不过什么也没有发生, |
[24:52] | It’s an empty gun. | 是一把空的枪 |
[24:54] | And that guy laughed. | 那人开始大笑 |
[24:55] | And he goes, “You’re the first one to ever do it. | 他说, 你是第一个这么做的人 |
[25:03] | “You’re the first one I’ve ever met. | 你是我所见到的第一个这么做的人 |
[25:06] | Congratulations.” | 恭喜你 |
[25:08] | And then he just stood behind me, holding me | 接着他站在我背后, 抓住我 |
[25:11] | and sudden I felt his gun leave my chin and ( mimics gunshot ). | 突然他的枪离开了我的脸颊 |
[25:16] | He shot her. | 他朝她开枪了 |
[25:18] | ( mimics gunshot ) | 砰 |
[25:21] | And I could feel… I could feel her… | 接着, 我甚至能感觉到 |
[25:27] | her blood, I guess. | 她的血 |
[25:29] | Skin and stuff hit me in the face… in the chest. | 她的皮肤, 等等, 喷到我的脸上 |
[25:37] | And then he just… handed me the gun, the real gun… | 接着, 他给我枪, 真的枪 |
[25:44] | and he left. | 然后他就走了 |
[25:54] | So what do you make of that? | 你接着准备怎么做? |
[25:57] | Yeah, track down Lee Scanlon. | 找到Lee Scanlon |
[25:59] | Ask him to come down to the Third Precct right away. | 让他马上到第三辖区来 |
[26:02] | Ask Allison to come along, too. | 让Allison一起来 |
[26:04] | Okay. | 好 |
[26:07] | DEVALOS: And do you have any idea how this mysterious man | 你知不知道这个奇怪的 |
[26:09] | in a ski mask gained entry | 带着滑雪面具的人是 怎样走进你家的 |
[26:11] | to your home, Mr. Conrad? | Conrad先生? |
[26:12] | No. I have no idea. | 不, 我完全不知道 |
[26:15] | I came home from work, I walked in the door, | 我下班回来, 走进房间 |
[26:18] | and there he was, a gun to my wife’s head, | 他已经在那儿了, 用枪指着我 妻子的头 |
[26:20] | talking about how he’s this social scientist guy | 说着他是一个社会学者 |
[26:23] | and how we’ve been specially chosen | 说着我们是怎样被选中的 |
[26:25] | to be part of his experiment. | 参与这个试验 |
[26:26] | So let me ask you this question. | 让我问个问题 |
[26:28] | Why do you think a killer would go through all the trouble | 你想想 为什么一个杀手要克服重重困难 |
[26:31] | to find a way to discreetly enter your home, | 小心翼翼的潜入你家 |
[26:34] | confront you and your wife, | 面对你和你的妻子 |
[26:36] | kill your wife | 接着杀了你的妻子 |
[26:37] | in cold blood right in front of you | 非常冷血的, 当着你的面 |
[26:40] | and then let you live? | 接着, 却不杀你? |
[26:42] | Don’t you think he’d worry that | 他难道不会担心 |
[26:44] | you’d do the very thing you’re doing now? | 你会做你现在正在做的事情? |
[26:46] | Describe what happened, describe him to the police? | 向警方描述发生的事情 |
[26:48] | Why would he do that? | 他为什么要这样做? |
[26:50] | I… I don’t know. | 我. . . 我不知道 |
[26:57] | You think I did it, don’t you? | 你认为是我干的, 是不是? |
[26:59] | I didn’t say that, sir. | 我可没这么说, 先生 |
[27:01] | Well, you don’t have to be a mind reader to figure it out! | 你没必要去猜我的想法 |
[27:04] | I guess because I did it. | 我猜, 因为是我这么做的 |
[27:06] | He told me he’d let me live if I did it, | 他告诉我, 他会让我活下来, 如果我这么做 |
[27:08] | and then I did it. | 接着我的确是做了 |
[27:09] | ( sniffling ): I mean not really, but… | 我是说, 不是真的, 但是. . . |
[27:12] | I showed him that I could… | 我给他看, 我会这么做的. . . |
[27:15] | that I would. | 我会的 |
[27:17] | I mean, think about it. | 想一想 |
[27:18] | I know it sounds crazy. | 我知道这很疯狂 |
[27:20] | I mean, it is crazy! | 的确很疯狂 |
[27:21] | But maybe it’s not that crazy. | 不过也许不象你想象的那么疯狂 |
[27:23] | I mean, here I am, | 我在这里 |
[27:24] | telling you about what happened, | 告诉你发生的事情 |
[27:26] | and you’re thinking I’m crazy or I’m lying. | 接着你以为我发疯了, 或者我在说谎 |
[27:28] | Which is what he wants you to think, right? | 这正是他所希望你这么想的, 不是吗? |
[27:30] | So, actually if you think about it, it’s not that crazy. | 或许, 你好好想想, 这不那么疯狂 |
[27:36] | In fact, that’s pretty smart. | 事实上, 他很聪明 |
[27:39] | Right? | 是吗 |
[27:47] | He’s heading over to the crime scene. | 他正去现场 |
[27:49] | He asked me to ask you if you’d like to go along. | 他让我问你, 你是否愿意一起走 |
[27:54] | So I hear you wanted some company. | 所以我听见你说愿意有个伴 |
[27:58] | Did someone have a change of heart? | 有人改变想法了吗? |
[28:00] | Nah. Same old heart. | 没, 想法不变 |
[28:03] | Remember yesterday when you said | 记得你昨天说 |
[28:04] | you thought there were four people there | 有四个人在那儿 |
[28:06] | when my sister and her husband… | 当我的姐姐和她丈夫. . . |
[28:10] | Didn’t make sense to me at first… | 起先, 我想不通 |
[28:12] | then I remembered. | 接着我记起了 |
[28:15] | My sister was three-and-a-half months pregnant when she died. | 我姐姐死的时候, 有三个半月的身孕 |
[28:21] | Hey, Joe, this is Bill. | 嗨, Joe, 这是Bill |
[28:23] | Gosh, I hope I’m calling the right number. | 天哪, 但愿我没打错电话吧 |
[28:25] | Uh, listen, | 恩, 听着 |
[28:27] | Jenny and I would love to come to the surprise party. | Jenny和我很愿意参加这个惊喜派对 |
[28:30] | We both remember meeting Allison at the company Christmas party | 我们都记得在公司的圣诞派对上 见过Allison |
[28:33] | and we’ve been meaning to call and get together ever since, | 我们一直想着给她打电话聚聚 |
[28:36] | so this is, uh, this is perfect. | 恩就这样, 这很好 |
[28:38] | Anyway, count us in. | 算上我们 |
[28:39] | Uh… Friday night. | 好, 星期五晚上 |
[28:41] | Your house. 8:00. | 在你家, 8点 |
[28:43] | See ya. | 回头见 |
[28:46] | That was great. | 太好了 |
[28:47] | It’s incredible. | 棒极了 |
[28:49] | Thanks. And, uh, I can count on you? | 谢谢, 都指望你了 |
[28:52] | Mm-hmm. | 恩 |
[28:53] | Two tickets. “Our Town”. At the Church. Starring you. | 两张票, “我们的小镇”在教堂, 你来主演 |
[28:57] | Break a leg. | 好好干 |
[29:08] | How does this work? | 怎么干的? |
[29:11] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[29:13] | Whoever made me this way forgot to give me an instruction book. | 让我这样的人 忘记给我说明书了 |
[29:19] | I like those. | 我喜欢这些 |
[30:04] | Could you stop doing that? | 你能不能停下来 |
[30:08] | Stop what? | 停下来什么? |
[30:14] | I think I need some fresh air. | 我想我需要一些新鲜空气 |
[30:33] | You feeling any better? | 好些了吗? |
[30:37] | You seen many dead people in your life? | 你在生活中见过很多死人? |
[30:40] | The reason I ask is, I’ve actually seen quite a few. | 我问这个, 是因为我也见过很多 |
[30:50] | It’s funny you come to a crime scene, | 你来现场, 这很有趣 |
[30:52] | you see them laying there, | 你看见他们躺在那儿 |
[30:53] | the first place you look is their eyes. | 你先看他们的眼睛 |
[30:57] | You know better, but it’s just… natural. | 你知道更多, 不过, 这只是, 很自然 |
[31:01] | You want to believe there’s some kind of answer there, | 你想知道, 眼睛里是否有答案 |
[31:04] | but there’s nothing. | 可惜, 没有 |
[31:05] | For me anyway, but… not for you, huh? | 对我来说, 无论如何, 但是对你来说不一样吧? |
[31:12] | There were flashes, like from a camera. | 有闪光灯不停的闪 就像照相机 |
[31:15] | And you know what else is strange? | 你知道, 还有什么奇怪的吗? |
[31:17] | The other night, I… I dreamt in pictures… photographs. | 那天晚上, 我梦见, 照片 |
[31:21] | I mean, have to keep reminding myself | 我是说, 我必须不断提醒自己 |
[31:24] | that we’re looking for a killer, not a photographer | 我们在找一个杀手, 不是摄影师 |
[31:27] | Excuse me. I’ll be right back. | 对不起, 我马上回来 |
[31:47] | Planning a wedding? | 准备结婚了? |
[31:48] | Shopping for a photographer? | 想找摄影师? |
[31:49] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[31:56] | SCANLON: Just an instinct. | 只是直觉 |
[31:57] | ( Bridgette screaming ) | ( Bridgette尖叫 ) |
[31:59] | Bridgette! If you don’t let me brush those knots | Bridgette, 如果你不让我梳头 |
[32:01] | out of your hair, we’re going to have to chop it all off! | 我只好把它砍了! |
[32:03] | Don’t let her chop my head off! | 不要让她砍我的头! |
[32:05] | JOE: Chop your head off? | 砍你的头? |
[32:07] | Aw, you bringing your work home with you again? | 你把你的工作又带回家了? |
[32:09] | Let me at her! | 让我看着她 |
[32:10] | Um, can I make a suggestion? | 我可以提个建议吗? |
[32:13] | Why don’t we call in an expert. | 为什么不找个专家 |
[32:15] | Somebody with beautifully maintained hair, | 有美丽头发的专家 |
[32:17] | who also knows a thing or two about dealing with kids. | 还懂照顾孩子的专家 |
[32:20] | Hmm… | 恩 |
[32:22] | Ariel! | |
[32:23] | Oh, no! | 哦, 不! |
[32:25] | ( chuckling ) | |
[32:27] | Or you can do it yourself. | 或者你可以自己来做 |
[32:30] | Foiled again! | 又长草了! |
[32:36] | Ow! | 哦! |
[32:39] | Wow. You one of those people who can talk out their ass? | 哇! 你可以用你的屁股说话? |
[32:42] | It’s not funny. | 没什么好笑的 |
[32:43] | Kind of funny. | 挺好笑的 |
[32:44] | Great. We have a message. | 太好了, 收到一条消息 |
[32:46] | ( phone beeps ) | ( 电话响 ) |
[32:47] | ( sharp exhale ) | |
[32:49] | Hey, it’s Bill… | 嗨, 我是Bill |
[32:51] | Hmm, nice. It’s someone named Bill from your office. | 恩, 太好了, 是你同事Bill |
[32:54] | Hmm. He’s calling to RSVP for my surprise party! | 他打电话来预定我的惊喜派对! |
[32:59] | Cool. | 酷! |
[33:00] | You’re actually very good at this. | 你果然很在行 |
[33:02] | You’re quite the little the party planner | 你的确是个派对策划师! |
[33:04] | and quite the surpriser. | 还是个给人惊喜的家伙 |
[33:06] | Hey, you don’t buy candy for a dentist, | 嗨, 不要给牙医糖果 |
[33:09] | you don’t give a kitten to a vet, | 不要给兽医小猫 |
[33:12] | and you don’t waste time trying to surprise someone | 也不要浪费时间为我这样的人准备 惊喜派对 |
[33:14] | who’s always one step ahead of you | 我这样的人总是领先你一步 |
[33:16] | 8:00. Hmm. | 8点, 恩 |
[33:18] | Tomorrow. | 明天 |
[33:20] | Friday night at your house… | 星期五晚上, 在你家 |
[33:23] | Here? | 这儿? |
[33:24] | ( phone beeps ) | ( 电话响 ) |
[33:25] | You invited everyone here? | 你邀请了每个人来这儿? |
[33:27] | Well, yeah. Why not? | 是啊, 不行吗? |
[33:28] | Well, for one thing, who are you gonna get to clean | 一件事情, 你让谁来打扫卫生? |
[33:31] | all day tomorrow so you’ll be ready to have this party? | 明天一整天, 你都用来准备这个派对? |
[33:35] | You’re joking. | 你开玩笑吧 |
[33:36] | Well, I mean as long as you’re not working. | 我是说, 只要你不工作 |
[33:38] | It’s… it’s my party! | 这, 这是我的派对! |
[33:41] | It’s supposed to be for me! It’s my birthday! | 这是为我准备的, 这是我的生日! |
[33:44] | That’s all the more incentive to… | 这样才有动力. . . |
[33:45] | ( phone ringing ) | ( 电话响 ) |
[33:47] | Aren’t you going to get that? | 你不准备接吗? |
[33:48] | Why? It’s one of the wicked stepsisters calling | 为什么, 是某个淘气的姐姐打来的吧 |
[33:51] | to say she’s coming to the ball, | 就是说她会来参加这个派对的 |
[33:53] | but she wants me to stop and clean her fireplace. | 不过她想让我停下来, 清洁一下她的壁炉 |
[33:56] | Hello? | 喂 |
[33:58] | Yes. | 是? |
[33:59] | For you. | 你的 |
[34:02] | Hello. | 喂 |
[34:03] | Yes, Detective Scanlon? | 你好, Scanlon侦探 |
[34:05] | Sorry to be calling your house so late, | 抱歉这么晚给你电话 |
[34:07] | but you want to hear an interesting coincidence? | 不过你想不想听一些有趣的巧合? |
[34:09] | The man who photographed Conrad’s wedding | 给Conrad的婚礼照相的那个人 |
[34:11] | also photographed Tim and Donna’s. | 也给Tim和Donna照相了 |
[34:13] | Wow. | 哇 |
[34:15] | And my sister’s. | 还有我姐姐 |
[34:17] | SCANLON: Feeling like paying him a visit tomorrow? | 想不想明天去见见他? |
[34:19] | Work. | 工作 |
[34:22] | Tomorrow. | 明天 |
[34:24] | Hmm. | 恩 |
[34:26] | Absolutely. | 当然 |
[34:29] | As long as I’m home before 8:00. | 只要我8点之前回家就行了 |
[34:33] | Okay. Thank you. | 好, 谢谢你 |
[34:38] | ( pounding on door ) | ( 敲门 ) |
[34:39] | SCANLON: Mr. Rondell? | Rondell先生? |
[34:40] | This is the Phoenix Police. I have a search warrant. | 我们是凤凰城警察局的 我有搜捕令 |
[34:43] | You want to open up and let us in? | 你开门, 让我们进去 |
[34:48] | ( thudding ) | ( 震击声 ) |
[34:49] | ( yells ) | ( 大叫声 ) |
[34:52] | Go, go, go, go! | 快快快 |
[35:00] | It’s clear, it’s all clear! | 什么都没有了! |
[35:05] | ( voices over police dispatch ) | ( 警局广播声 ) |
[35:44] | Any idea how your sister found this guy? | 知不知道你姐姐怎么找到这个人的? |
[35:57] | She really doesn’t want you to see her like this. | 她一定不希望你 见到她这个样子的 |
[36:04] | OFFICER: Detective? | 侦探? |
[36:06] | Mr. District Attorney? | 检察官先生 |
[36:11] | Look at the files he kept on these people. | 快来看看他为这些人 保留的文件 |
[36:14] | My God. | 天哪 |
[36:17] | What? First he’d photograph their weddings, | 什么? 他先给他们的婚礼照相 |
[36:19] | then it’s… like he owned them. | 然后, 就好像他拥有他们 |
[36:20] | He studied them. They were his test subjects. | 他研究他们, 他们成了他的试验对象 |
[36:22] | There’s gotta be hundreds of contact sheets | 这里有上百条记录 |
[36:24] | of this couple’s comings and goings. | 都是关于这些夫妇的活动 |
[36:26] | They didn’t even know th were being watched. | 他们甚至不知道他们被监视了 |
[36:28] | Going to work, getting the mail, | 上班, 取信件 |
[36:31] | birthday parties… | 生日派对. . . |
[36:32] | Death. | 死亡 |
[36:33] | He’d give them a year of marriage, and then… | 他给他们一年的婚姻 然后. . . |
[36:36] | just after their first anniversaries… | 紧跟着他们的结婚纪念日 |
[36:39] | I think you need to look at these. | 我想你需要看看这个 |
[36:47] | These must be works in progress. | 这一定是正在进行的研究 |
[36:51] | We’ve got wedding photos, some surveillance, but no… | 有婚礼的照片, 一些监视的, 但是没有. . . |
[36:55] | I wonder who’s next. | 接下来会是谁? |
[37:02] | This couple. Tonight. | 这对夫妻, 今晚 |
[37:04] | How in the hell do you know that? | 你怎么知道? |
[37:06] | Your sister told me. | 你姐姐告诉我的 |
[37:11] | ( sniffling ) | |
[37:13] | ( sobbing ) | ( 哭泣 ) |
[37:20] | Welcome home. | 欢迎回家 |
[37:22] | We’ve been waiting for you. | 我们一直在等你 |
[37:29] | Close the door, please, and step into the room, where we can see you? | 关上门, 我们进来说 |
[37:34] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[37:36] | We’re conducting an experiment, a social experiment. | 我们正在进行一项社会试验 |
[37:39] | And your lovely bride and I would both | 你可爱的新娘还有我都希望 |
[37:42] | very much like you to participate, if you would just… | 你能参与, 只要你能. . |
[37:46] | Who are you? | 你是谁? |
[37:48] | I’m Detective Lee Scanlon with the Phoenix Police, | 我是凤凰城警方 Lee.Scanlon侦探 |
[37:51] | and you’re under arrest for the murder of my sister, Lorraine. | 你现在被捕了, 你涉嫌谋杀我的姐姐Lorraine |
[37:53] | Now drop that gun, and I’ll read you your rights. | 扔掉你的枪, 我会告诉你你的权利 |
[37:56] | ( distant siren wailing ) | ( 远处的警笛声 ) |
[37:57] | Or you can try something stupid | 或者你可以试着去做愚蠢的事 |
[37:58] | and we’ll get a priest in here | 我们在这里有牧师 |
[38:00] | to read you a different set of rights. | 向你宣读一套完全不同的权利 |
[38:03] | ( siren continues ) | ( 警笛继续响 ) |
[38:06] | ( car pulling to a stop ) | ( 警车急停 ) |
[38:07] | Please, give me an excuse. | 给我一个理由 |
[38:12] | ( sobbing ) | ( 哭泣声 ) |
[38:27] | ( distant siren wailing ) | ( 警笛响 ) |
[38:40] | Put your hands behind your head. | 把手放到脑袋后面 |
[38:46] | You have the right to remain silent. Fascinating. | 你有权保持沉默 漂亮 |
[38:48] | It’s an absolutely fascinating display. | 干得漂亮 |
[38:50] | Anything you say can and will be used | 你所说的任何话都会 |
[38:51] | against you in a court of law. | 作为呈堂证供 |
[38:53] | You have the right to counsel. You so obviously wanted to kill me… | 你有权找律师 你想杀了我 |
[38:55] | If you are unable to retain counsel… and easily could have. | 如果你不能请律师 你很容易能杀了我的 |
[38:58] | …counsel will be appointed for you…. | 我们会为你指定律师 |
[38:59] | And yet, convention and society and a host | 然而, 传统, 社会 |
[39:01] | of other outside forces convinced you | 以及其他的外界势力说服你 |
[39:03] | that your own survival… …you will still have the right… | 你自己的存活 你仍然有权. . . |
[39:05] | …depended upon your ability to suppress | 取决于你的态度 |
[39:08] | your desire for revenge and let me live, | 你的报复心, 你让我活下来 |
[39:09] | and that’s fascinating. …are you willing to answer questions | 太有趣了, 你愿意回答任何问题 |
[39:12] | without an attorney present? | 在没有律师的情况下? |
[39:13] | I’m so glad I was here to see it. | 我太高兴了, 我看到这一切 |
[39:17] | That was extraordinarily courageous, Lee. | Lee, 你太勇敢了 |
[39:19] | I’m genuinely proud to call you my friend. | 我实在是太为你自豪了, 我的朋友 |
[39:21] | Ah, there was nothing courageous about it. | 啊, 没什么勇气可谈 |
[39:22] | I knew he wasn’t going to shoot. Not her. Not me. Not anybody. | 我知道, 他不会开枪的, 不会朝她, 不会朝我, 不会朝任何人 |
[39:25] | Oh, and how did you know that? Oh, Allison told me. | 你怎么知道 Allison告诉我的 |
[39:27] | I did not! I did not say… You didn’t? | 我没有, 我没有说, 你没有? |
[39:28] | …a word to you before you went in there. | 你进来之前, 我什么也没有说 |
[39:30] | Damn. I must need a drink. | 妈的, 我需要喝点什么了 |
[39:31] | Anyone interested? | 有人愿意一起吗? |
[39:32] | Wait a second. What time is it? | 等等, 现在几点? |
[39:33] | Uh, 7:35. I do believe I’m buying | 7.35, 我来买单. . |
[39:34] | Oh, my gosh. I completely forgot. | 天哪, 我完全忘记了 |
[39:36] | I have to rush home and get surprised. | 我要马上赶回家, 接受我的惊喜 |
[39:38] | But I’ll take a rain check on that drink. | 下次再请吧, 我会记住的 |
[39:40] | DEVALOS: Oh, right, right, right… | 哦, 是啊是啊 |
[39:43] | Hey, guys! | 嗨, |
[39:45] | Sorry I’m late for dinner! | 我回来晚了 |
[39:46] | Things got crazy at work… | 工作太忙了 |
[39:50] | and… | 还有 |
[40:02] | Hello? | 哈罗? |
[40:06] | Anybody home? | 有人在吗? |
[40:16] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[40:20] | I’ll play. | 我继续表演 |
[40:40] | Hello? | 哈罗? |
[41:06] | ( sighs ) | |
[41:11] | JOE: Happy Birthday, baby. | 生日快乐, 宝贝 |
[41:16] | I don’t get it. Where is everybody? | 我不明白, 其他人呢? |
[41:18] | Well, let’s see… | 好吧, 我看看 |
[41:19] | Ariel is sleeping over at her friend Megan’s house. | Ariel去她朋友Megan家睡觉了 |
[41:22] | Bridgette’s sleeping over at Hannah’s house. | Bridgette去Hannah家了 |
[41:24] | And Marie is at my sister’s in Prescott. | Marie去我在Prescott的姐姐家了 |
[41:26] | What? | 什么? |
[41:27] | Surprised? | 吃惊了吧? |
[41:29] | Confused. | 不明白 |
[41:30] | Oh. Did I leave out the part where you and I go to Mexico | 哦, 我是不是没有告诉你 我们去墨西哥庆祝你的生日 |
[41:33] | for the weekend for your birthday? | 这个周末, 庆祝你的生日 |
[41:37] | ( car horn honks ) | ( 汽车喇叭声 ) |
[41:39] | That would be the limo to take us… | 那是来接我们的车 |
[41:42] | to the airport. | 去机场 |
[41:44] | What about all the party supplies… | 那那些派对物品呢? |
[41:46] | ( chuckling ): and the phone calls? | 还有电话? |
[41:48] | It’s not easy surprising someone | 让某人惊喜可不容易啊 |
[41:49] | who’s always one step ahead of you. | 特别是某人总是领先一步 |
[41:58] | You bastard. | 你这个坏蛋 |
[42:00] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[42:01] | Now hurry up and put together a bag. | 赶紧去整理你的行李吧 |
[42:03] | I’m going to go out and make sure | 我去确定一下 |
[42:05] | the driver has the champagne chilling | 司机是否冰了香槟酒 |
[42:07] | and gloat to myself over the fact | 来庆祝我 |
[42:09] | that I finally put one over on you. | 终于让你大吃一惊 |
[42:12] | ( chuckles ) | ( 笑 ) |
[42:14] | I don’t know if I can get ready that fast. | 我不知道我是不是能那么快整理好 |
[42:16] | Well, put your track shoes on, baby, | 好吧, 穿上你的旅游鞋, 宝贝 |
[42:18] | ’cause our plane leaves in exactly one hour. | 我们的飞机一个小时后就要起飞了 |
[42:23] | Hey, Hot Lips, hurry up. | 嗨, 宝贝, 快 |
[42:25] | Driver says there’s traffic. | 司机说要堵车呢 |
[42:28] | I’m packing as fast as I can! | 我正尽快收拾呢! |
[42:43] | Okay, I’m ready. | 好了, 我好了 |
[42:46] | I can’t believe you did this to me. | 我真不敢相信, 你为我做的 |
[42:49] | I hope I didn’t forget anything. | 我希望我什么也没有落下 |
[42:51] | Just wait till your birthday comes. | 等着你的生日到来吧 -=结束=- |