时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:00] | Previously on Medium: | 在此前的灵媒缉凶中 |
[00:02] | Allison Dubois? | |
[00:03] | Yes? | 嗯 |
[00:04] | You’re ordered to appear and give testimony | 在Arizona州对Nicholas Morgante 一案中 |
[00:05] | in the matter of The State of Arizona v. Nicholas Morgante. | 你被传召出庭作证 |
[00:08] | What makes you so special, Mrs. Dubois? | Dubois 太太 你有什么特别的 |
[00:13] | What do you really do for the District Attorney? | 你到底为地方法院检察官做什么的? |
[00:16] | Who are you really, Mrs. Dubois? | Dubois太太 你到底是什么人 |
[00:20] | Well, I’m not Adam Humphries. | 我不是 Adam Humphries |
[00:23] | – What did you just say? – Adam Humphries. | – 你刚刚说什么 |
[00:25] | – He took your Bar exam for you. – I can’t hear them. Can you hear them? | – 他为你考了律师资格考试 – 我听不到 你听得到吗 |
[00:26] | …after you cheated but still failed three times. | 在你作弊了还是当了3次之后 |
[00:29] | – Counselor… – And I’m not Dean Gardner. | – 辩方律师… – 我也不是 Dean Gardner |
[00:31] | You bribed him to keep quiet in your last murder trial. | 你贿赂了他让他在上次的谋杀案审讯中别出声 |
[00:35] | So now you know. | 那你现在知道了 |
[00:36] | Do you really want to keep asking me who I am? | 你是真的想一直问我是谁吗 |
[00:39] | – Mr. Watt? – At the risk of everyone finding out who you are? | – Watt先生 – 担着大家发现你是谁的风险? |
[00:55] | I read the most amazing article in The New Yorker the other night. | 有一天晚上我在纽约人杂志上 读到了最令人惊异的文章 |
[00:59] | This social scientist, this researcher | 有个社会学家 一个研究人员 |
[01:03] | went out and did this study where she interviewed everyone | 跑去做了这样一个研究 她访问了每个 |
[01:05] | who had ever attempted to kill themselves by jumping off the Golden Gate Bridge. | 曾经试图跳下金门大桥自杀的人 |
[01:10] | And it turns out every single person she interviewed, | 结果显示她访问的每一个人 |
[01:14] | every single one confessed that after they threw themselves off that bridge, | 每个人都承认当他们跳下桥后 |
[01:19] | about two-thirds of the way down, | 大约掉下去2/3高度后 |
[01:22] | it suddenly occurred to them that all the seemingly insurmountable problems | 突然发现那些在他们人生中看起来 |
[01:26] | they’ve had in their lives were fixable– | 不能解决的问题是可以解决的 |
[01:29] | every single one. | 每一个 |
[01:33] | Save for the fact that they had just thrown themselves off the Golden Gate Bridge. | 除了把他们自己从大桥扔下来的事实 |
[01:38] | The girl you’re looking at has just jumped off a 300-foot cliff. | 你看到的这个女孩刚从300英尺高的悬崖跳下 |
[01:42] | Right now, she’s two-thirds of the way down. | 现在 她处于那跳下2/3的地方 |
[01:49] | Ooh, Joe. | 噢 Joe |
[01:53] | Hey, Joe? | 嘿 Joe |
[01:55] | Could you give me a hand, darling? | 亲爱的 拉我一把好吗 |
[01:58] | Hey… a little help here? | 嘿… 帮我一下 |
[02:02] | Thanks a lot. | 多谢 |
[02:52] | Honey, I hate to do this to you. | 亲爱的 我不想这样对你 |
[02:53] | Could you take the girls to school and drop me off at day care on your way to work? | 但你去上班的路上 可以送女儿们到学校 再送我到日托所吗 |
[02:57] | Al, what are you talking about? I don’t have a car this morning. | Al 你在说什么? 我今天早上没有车子 |
[02:59] | It’s in the shop, remember? | 送去保养了 记得吗 |
[03:01] | You were gonna drop me off at work today. | 你今天要送我去上班的 |
[03:03] | Oh, sh…ipwreck! | 噢 他… |
[03:05] | Shipwreck. Okay, guys, hey. Go get your backpacks. Hurry up. | 好好 OK 孩子们 嘿 去拿你们的书包 快点 |
[03:10] | Mommy’s running late. Take her and go find her shoe. | 妈咪要迟到了 带上她去找鞋子 |
[03:13] | Come on, Bridg. | 快点, Bridge |
[03:15] | For those of us who tuned in late, what’s the rush? | 我还不知道状况 什么事这么急? |
[03:19] | I had a dream last night. | 昨晚我做了个梦 |
[03:22] | Of course you did. | 你当然做了 |
[03:23] | In it, a girl committed suicide. | 在梦里 一个女孩自杀了 |
[03:25] | She threw herself off a cliff in the desert. | 她从沙漠的一个悬崖跳了下去 |
[03:27] | I don’t think anybody knows she’s there. | 我觉得没有人知道她在那里 |
[03:29] | I think that’s why I had the dream. | 那就是为什么我做了这个梦 |
[03:31] | I see. | 我明白了 |
[03:32] | Actually, I don’t. | 其实 我不是很明白 |
[03:33] | Okay, I want to go to work so I can let law enforcement know | OK, 我要去上班了 就可以通知司法部门 |
[03:37] | so they can launch a search so they can find the body. | 他们就可以展开调查 就可以找到尸体了 |
[03:41] | So let’s me see if I got this right. | 看看我弄懂了没有 |
[03:43] | Some cosmic force is smart enough and all-knowing enough to know | 有一些非常聪明的宇宙能量无所不知 |
[03:47] | that you work for the D.A., so it shows you this dream, | 知道你为地方法院检察官工作 就给你报梦 |
[03:50] | knowing that you can do something about it, | 知道你可以为此做点事情 |
[03:52] | but this same cosmic force isn’t all-knowing enough to know that on this particular morning, | 但这宇宙能量却不能知道这个早晨 |
[03:56] | you have to drive your husband to work, ’cause his car needs its 15,000-mile service. | 你得开你老公去上班 因为他的车子需要15,000英哩的保养 |
[04:00] | Not funny. | 不好笑 |
[04:01] | I’m not trying to be. | 我不是在说笑 |
[04:04] | What you looking for? | 你在找什么 |
[04:05] | Keys. Girls, have you seen my keys? | 钥匙. 孩子们, 你们看到我的钥匙吗 |
[04:07] | Keys? I would think even to get a psychic’s learner’s permit | 钥匙? 我想就算要拿一个灵媒实习牌照 |
[04:09] | you’d have to be able to find a lost set of… | 你得找到一串丢失的… |
[04:11] | Keys? | 钥匙? |
[04:14] | Girls, Mama’s got some keys. | 孩子们, 妈妈找到钥匙了 |
[04:19] | Okay, thanks for the ride. | OK, 谢谢你载我 |
[04:21] | And don’t worry, you know. | 别担心 你知道 |
[04:22] | If my car’s not ready, I’ll get a ride with someone else. | 如果我的车还没好 我会搭别人的车了 |
[04:25] | Don’t do that. I’ll pick you up. | 别那么做 我来接你 |
[04:27] | Hey, there. | 嘿 |
[04:28] | Hey, Brett. | 嘿, Brett |
[04:30] | Carpooling? What are you, a Democrat? | 搭便车? 你是什么人 民主党人吗 |
[04:33] | Allison, this is Brett. You’ve heard me talk about Brett, right? | Allison, 这是Brett 你听过我提起Brett, 对吗 |
[04:36] | – Hey. – Hi. | – 嘿 – 嗨 |
[04:37] | I’ve heard a lot about you. | 久仰大名 |
[04:40] | Clear! | 闪开 |
[04:44] | We’ve been working on that wind shear algorithm thing I’ve been telling you about. | 我们在做那个跟你提到的风的切变运算项目 |
[04:49] | Oh, that thing. | 噢, 那个事 |
[04:50] | Oh, that thing. | 噢, 那个事 |
[04:52] | I can tell you two have been talking each other’s ears off about this. | 看得出你们经常讨论这个的 |
[04:56] | I’ll be upstairs in the Fortress of Solitude. | 我会在楼上的 Fortress of Solitude |
[04:59] | – It was nice to meet you, Allison. – Nice to meet you, Brett. | – 很高兴见到你, Allison – 我也是, Brett |
[05:03] | – Seems like a nice guy. – He is a nice guy. | – 看起来是个好人 – 他确实是个好人 |
[05:07] | What’s with that look? | 那是什么神情? |
[05:09] | Huh? I don’t have a look. I’m lookless. I got to go. | 啊? 我没什么 我没有神情的 我得走了 |
[05:12] | Okay, all right. Well, good luck with that, you know, that thing, you know. | OK 好吧 祝你好运 那个 你知道的 那个事情 你知道的 |
[05:16] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[05:17] | You’re welcome. All part of the service. | 不客气 应该的 |
[05:41] | I didn’t mean to frighten you. Didn’t realize anyone was here. | 我不想吓你的 没有料到有人在这里 |
[05:43] | Oh, it’s okay. I was just… I was… Sorry, I’ll get out of your way. | 噢 没关系 . 我只是… 我… 对不起 不挡着你了 |
[05:52] | Having a seance, Ms. Dubois? | 请神啊, Dubois太太? |
[05:55] | Conjuring a demon, actually. | 其实是召唤魔鬼 |
[05:59] | We just need a few minutes. | 我们只需要几分钟 |
[06:07] | You got to give it to God. | 你得服了上帝 |
[06:09] | Food, sex– where’d he come up with this stuff, huh? | 食物, 性爱他怎么想出来这些东西的? |
[06:12] | Well, for what it’s worth, I’m not coming up with anything. | 这么说吧, 我什么也想不出来 |
[06:15] | We’ll get there. | 我们会想出来的 |
[06:17] | We’ve only been working on it… | 我们只花了… |
[06:20] | seven months. | 7个月 |
[06:23] | God, we’re dumb. | 天啊, 我们真笨 |
[06:25] | Hey, did we ever run that logarithmic vector shift we were playing with last week? | 嘿 我们有没有做上周弄的那个对数向量平移? |
[06:34] | Something I said? | 是因为我说的什么吗? |
[06:38] | You all right? | 你还好吧? |
[06:44] | Whoa! | 哇! |
[06:46] | Now I am. | 现在没事了 |
[06:47] | All right, enough fun and games. Back to the coal mine. | 好了 玩够了 回正题吧 |
[06:51] | You know, | 你知道 |
[06:53] | up to here… | 到这里… |
[06:54] | I know. It’s pretty damn good, isn’t it? | 我知道. 满不错的, 是吗? |
[06:56] | We’re not a bad team, Ollie. | 我们是不错的组合, Ollie |
[06:58] | Now, if we could only get… | 现在, 如果我们可以… |
[07:00] | from there to there, | 从那里到那里 |
[07:03] | that’d be something. | 那就有点名堂了 |
[07:06] | Maybe we could get published. | 说不定我们的东西会被发表的 |
[07:08] | Get ourselves a little piece of mathematical eternity. | 也算我们的小小数学成就 |
[08:51] | Her parents are on the East Coast. | 她的父母住在东岸 |
[08:54] | I think her boyfriend’s gonna come and identify the body. | 好像她的男朋友会来认尸的 |
[09:10] | That’s enough. | 这样就好了 |
[09:17] | I came as soon as I could. | 我已经尽快赶来了 |
[09:23] | What are you doing here? | 你在这里做什么? |
[09:26] | I found the body. | 是我发现尸体的 |
[09:30] | Well, I’ll just step outside. I’m sure that you and your client would like some privacy. | 我出去吧 你和你的当事人一定需要单独谈谈 |
[09:35] | I’d appreciate that, Ms. Dubois, but he’s not my client. | 很感激 Dubois太太 但是他不是我的当事人 |
[09:39] | He’s my son. | 他是我的儿子 |
[09:50] | It was just weird. The door opens and there he is. | 就是有点怪 门打开了 他就进来了 |
[09:54] | You didn’t have a clue, huh? | 你没有料到吧? |
[09:56] | Don’t tell the other psychics, but no, I didn’t have a clue. | 别告诉别的灵媒 但是不 我没料到 |
[10:00] | Here’s the funny thing. | 这听起来有点好笑 |
[10:01] | I felt bad for the guy. | 我为那家伙感到难过 |
[10:02] | I mean, he tried to destroy my life in court last month | 我是说, 上个月在庭上他试图毁了我 |
[10:06] | and I actually felt bad for him. | 而我居然会为他难过 |
[10:08] | Karma. It comes around. | 因果报应. 会轮回的 |
[10:10] | Well, karma made a girl kill herself | 嗯… 因果报应让一个女孩自杀 |
[10:12] | so that Larry Watt’s son could grieve | 可以让Larry Watt的儿子伤心 |
[10:15] | because his dad was mean to me on a witness stand? | 就因为他父亲在证人栏对我的所作所为? |
[10:18] | I don’t think so. | 我觉得不是 |
[10:19] | Fine. That’s the last cosmic theory you get out of me. | 好. 那是你从我这里听到的最后一个超自然理论 |
[10:22] | From now on, I stick to math. | 从现在开始, 我只管数学 |
[10:26] | Brett really liked you. | Brett真的很喜欢你 |
[10:31] | Really? | 真的? |
[10:32] | He said he felt some kind of connection with you. | 他说他觉得和你有某种感应 |
[10:36] | Hey, he’s a single guy. I might have to kill him. | 嘿, 他是单身. 我可能得杀了他 |
[10:39] | That’s not funny. | 那不好笑 |
[10:41] | Okay. | |
[10:48] | Honey, | 亲爱的 |
[10:51] | there’s something I have to tell you. | 我得告诉你一些事 |
[10:56] | I’m not sure I really want to know. | 我不确定我是否真的想知道 |
[10:59] | Well, it isn’t about you. | 这不是关于你的 |
[11:01] | Is it about you? | 那是关于你吗 |
[11:02] | No. | 不是 |
[11:05] | It’s Brett. | 是 Brett |
[11:08] | The second I met him, the second I touched his hand, | 我见到他的那一秒, 我碰到他手的那一秒 |
[11:12] | honey, his health is not good. | 亲爱的, 他身体不好 |
[11:16] | What are you talking about? | 你在说什么? |
[11:20] | His heart. | 他的心脏 |
[11:21] | It’s not healthy. | 并不健康 |
[11:23] | It’s going to quit on him, and soon. | 会出现问题的, 很快 |
[11:28] | So what are you saying? You’re saying the guy that I work with every day… | 那你在说什么? 你是说和我每天一起工作的人… |
[11:32] | my friend, is going to die? | 我的朋友, 快要死了? |
[11:36] | I suppose so. | 我想是的 |
[11:39] | You suppose so? | 你想是? |
[11:41] | This has never happened to me before. | 这以前从来没有发生过 |
[11:43] | I mean, not with somebody we know. | 我是指, 不是我们认识的人 |
[11:45] | I have been debating with myself all day whether or not to tell you. | 我挣扎了一整天是否要告诉你 |
[11:50] | Hmm, well, I’m sorry I missed that debate. | 嗯, 那抱歉我错过了你的挣扎 |
[11:51] | Now, what in the hell am I supposed to do with this information? | 现在我应该如何处理这信息呢? |
[11:54] | I don’t know. Have him go to the doctor. | 我不知道. 让他去看医生 |
[11:56] | For what? | 看什么? |
[11:57] | His anti-premonition vaccine? I mean… | 他的抗预感疫苗吗? 我的意思是… |
[12:02] | I have no idea what I’m supposed to do with this. | 我不知道应该如何处理这事 |
[12:05] | If you’re right, then nothing that I can say is going to make a difference, | 如果你是对的 那么无论我说什么也不会改变的 |
[12:10] | and if you’re wrong, then I’m just going to completely freak this guy out, | 而如果你是错的 那我会把这个人吓得半死 |
[12:15] | not to mention how do I explain to him… | 更别说我如何向他解释… |
[12:18] | how I know that he’s going to die? | 我是怎么知道他就要死了 |
[12:22] | You know what? I don’t know. Maybe I’m wrong. | 你知道吗? 我不知道. 或许我是错的 |
[12:24] | God, or maybe you’re right. | 天, 或许你是对的 |
[12:27] | Why are you angry with me? | 你为什么对我生气? |
[12:30] | Because… | 因为… |
[12:31] | I don’t know! I just… | 我不知道! 我只是… |
[12:34] | I liked it so much better when I knew what I knew. | 我以前知道我到底知道些什么 那样的感觉好多了 |
[12:37] | When you would say something like this and I just could ignore it. | 当你说这些事时我可以不当一回事 |
[12:40] | Well, I’m sorry I complicated your life. | 我很抱歉让你的生活变得复杂了 |
[12:46] | Hey, wait a second, wait a second. Come back. | 嘿, 等一等, 等一等. 回来 |
[12:48] | Just come back. | 就回来嘛 |
[12:57] | So you shook his hand. | 就是你握了他的手 |
[12:59] | And I saw it. | 然后我看到了 |
[13:01] | It was him– | 是他 |
[13:03] | in the back of the ambulance, | 在救护车里 |
[13:05] | wearing the company softball shirt. | 穿着公司垒球服 |
[13:08] | Flat-lined. He was gone. | 心脏停止跳动了. 他死了 |
[13:09] | What company softball shirt? | 什么公司垒球服? |
[13:11] | Your company. | 你们公司 |
[13:13] | They have a softball team. They wear shirts and stuff, and… | 他们有个垒球队. 他们穿制服什么的, 还有… |
[13:16] | When have you ever heard me talk about a company softball team? | 你什么时候听我说起过公司垒球队了? |
[13:18] | Well, I don’t know. I just assumed. | 我不知道. 我只是假设 |
[13:21] | Just tell me how this works. | 你只要告诉我这算怎么样 |
[13:22] | If there’s no team and then there’s no shirt, | 如果没有球队也没有制服 |
[13:24] | then what does that say about the rest of your story? | 那对你的故事中的其他部分意味着什么? |
[13:33] | Hallelujah. | 哈利路亚 |
[13:36] | The patient lives. | 病人活下来了 |
[13:42] | ‘Night, darling. | 晚安, 亲爱的 |
[14:26] | Tire tracks? | 轮胎痕迹? |
[14:27] | I think that’s what she was trying to show me. | 我想那是她要给我看的 |
[14:30] | She came to me in my sleep last night. | 我昨晚睡觉时她来找我 |
[14:32] | She flew out of the ravine and led me to the tire of a car. | 她飞出深谷带我看一辆车的轮胎 |
[14:35] | But why? If this is a suicide, what difference are tire tracks going to make? | 但为什么? 如果这是自杀 那轮胎痕迹又能改变什么? |
[14:39] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[14:40] | I just know… what I saw. | 我只知道… 我所看到的 |
[14:43] | Medical examiner put the time of death somewhere | 法医推测死亡时间为 |
[14:45] | between noon and 3:00 p.m. on Sunday. | 周日中午12点到下午3点之间 |
[14:48] | Her cellular phone records show that the last call she made was to your house. | 她的手机记录显示 她最后一个电话是打到你家的 |
[14:52] | Yeah. We spoke. | 对. 我们通了电话 |
[14:55] | Must have been around 12:30. | 一定是12:30左右 |
[14:58] | We talked for maybe ten minutes. | 我们谈了大概10分钟 |
[15:00] | And was she at the overlook when she called? | 她打给你的时候在悬崖上吗? |
[15:04] | I didn’t know where she was. | 我不知道她当时在哪里 |
[15:07] | She didn’t say. | 她没说 |
[15:09] | You told the officers that you were home all day watching TV. | 你告诉警方你一天都在家里看电视 |
[15:12] | Can anyone verify that? | 有人可以作证吗? |
[15:14] | I had a bunch of friends over. | 我有很多朋友在我家 |
[15:16] | We were watching the game. | 我们在看球赛 |
[15:19] | I can give you their names. | 我可以给你他们的名字 |
[15:21] | All right. | 好吧 |
[15:23] | I think that’ll probably end this. | 我想那样就可以了 |
[15:26] | We just want to find out what really happened, Greg, you understand? | 我们只是想查出到底发生了什么事 Greg, 你懂吗? |
[15:30] | Me, too. | 我也想 |
[15:33] | It’s just so hard to even imagine Isabel taking her own life. | 很难想象Isabel会自杀 |
[15:37] | It’s just so not who she is. | 她完全不是那样的人 |
[15:45] | What’s this? | 这是什么? |
[15:46] | Those are the tire tracks I told you that we found. | 那些是我告诉你的轮胎痕迹 |
[15:49] | Greg, in order to completely eliminate you as a suspect, | Greg, 要想完全排除你的嫌疑 |
[15:53] | I’d like your permission to take a look at your tires– | 我想要得到你的允许看看你的轮胎 |
[15:55] | compare the treads, maybe get a soil sample off the rubber. | 比较一下胎面 可能取一点橡皮上的泥土样本 |
[15:59] | Absolutely not. | 绝对不行 |
[16:00] | Wait a minute. You still think I did this? | 等等. 你还是认为这是我做的? |
[16:02] | We have to rule everybody out. | 我们必须判定每个人是否有嫌疑 |
[16:04] | As soon as we can determine you absolutely weren’t there, | 一旦我们确定你绝对不在现场 |
[16:06] | we can move on to finding out who was. | 我们就可以继续寻找这个疑犯 |
[16:08] | There is no way on God’s green Earth that I’m going to let you | 我绝对不可能让你 |
[16:11] | examine my son’s car without a search warrant. | 在没有搜查令的情况下调查我儿子的车 |
[16:13] | Go ahead. Do what you got to do. | 拿去吧. 去做你要做的事情 |
[16:15] | Like I said, get a warrant. | 如我所说, 拿一张搜查令来 |
[16:17] | Larry… | |
[16:18] | You know as well as I do no judge will sign one, | 你我都知道没有法官会签的 |
[16:20] | because you have no reason whatsoever to suspect that my son | 因为你完全没有理由怀疑我儿子 |
[16:24] | had anything to do with the tragic death of this disturbed young woman. | 会与这个心理不正常的女孩的 悲剧性死亡有任何关系 |
[16:27] | No, we are not doing that. | 不, 我们不能这么做 |
[16:29] | Not here, not today. | 不在这里 不是今天 |
[16:31] | We’re not talking about her that way. | 我们不要那么说她 |
[16:34] | I know it’s the lawyer in you, but… | 我知道你是律师, 但是… |
[16:39] | No. | 不… |
[16:42] | I loved her, and she is not… | 我爱她, 而她也不是… |
[16:48] | she’s not… | 她不是… |
[16:51] | was not… | 以前不是… |
[16:53] | disturbed. | 心理不正常 |
[17:00] | I’m sorry. | 对不起 |
[17:03] | I apologize. | 我道歉 |
[17:05] | – But, Greg, as your attorney… – But you’re not just my attorney. | – 但是, Greg, 作为你的律师… – 但你不只是我的律师 |
[17:12] | And I have nothing to hide. | 我也没有什么需要隐瞒的 |
[17:44] | You’re back from lunch so soon? | 你这么快就吃完午饭回来了? |
[17:48] | Surmising from the look on your face, you didn’t get a Happy Meal. | 从你的神情推测, 你这顿饭吃得并不高兴 |
[17:57] | What are you doing? | 你在做什么? |
[18:00] | I’m starting a terrorist cell. | 我要开始一个恐怖分子基层组织 |
[18:03] | What does it look like I’m doing? | 我看起来像在做什么? |
[18:04] | I’m organizing a company softball team. | 我在组织一个公司垒球队 |
[18:20] | What’s the deal? | 怎么了? |
[18:22] | You going to ask me out? | 你想约我? |
[18:28] | I don’t think it’s going to work. | 我想这没有用 |
[18:29] | Breasts are sort of a non-negotiable item for me. You know? | 乳房对我来说可是没有的商量的 你知道的? |
[18:35] | All I’m trying to say is no boobs is a real deal breaker. | 我只是想说没有乳房是行不通的 |
[18:39] | I need to tell you something, Brett. | 我得告诉你一些事, Brett |
[18:44] | This is something I’ve never told anyone. | 这是我从未告诉任何人的事 |
[18:49] | It’s about me. It’s about how I am. | 是关于我的. 关于我是怎样的人 |
[18:55] | I was just kidding about the breasts thing. | 那乳房的事我是开玩笑的 |
[18:59] | If you do have them, then feel free to keep them to yourself. | 如果你有, 完全不用说出来 |
[19:04] | I have this thing… | 我有这样一个… |
[19:07] | where I can see the future. | 能力可以看到未来 |
[19:11] | Nobody knows about it. I’ve never told anyone. | 没有人知道. 我从未告诉任何人 |
[19:16] | You’re really starting to creep me out, man. | 你真的开始让我紧张起来了 |
[19:20] | And I had this vision… | 我有过这样的幻像… |
[19:23] | this dream, and you were in that shirt, and you were dying. | 这个梦, 你穿着那衣服, 你就快死了 |
[19:29] | You were having a heart attack and you were dying. | 你心脏病发就快死了 |
[19:35] | Dead. | 死了 |
[19:39] | I want you to do something for me. I want you to go to a doctor… right now. | 我要你帮我做点事, 我要你去看医生… 现在就去 |
[19:43] | I’ll take you. I’ll pay for it. | 我带你去. 我付钱 |
[19:45] | You’re kidding, right? | 你在开玩笑吧? |
[19:46] | Come on, I’ll take you right now. | 来, 我现在就带你去 |
[19:48] | Get your hands off of me. | 别碰我 |
[19:51] | Come on, think about it for a second. What’s the harm? | 拜托, 想想看. 有什么坏处? |
[19:53] | I mean, can you actually go to a doctor too much? | 我是说, 你会嫌去医生那里太多次吗? |
[19:55] | – Come on, let me take you. – No, Joe! | – 来吧, 让我带你去 – 不要, Joe |
[19:58] | And stop looking at me like that. | 也别那样看着我 |
[20:01] | Don’t take this the wrong way, but if there’s anyone here who needs to see a doctor, | 不要误会, 但是如果说这里有人需要看医生 |
[20:04] | I seriously suspect it’s you. | 我真的怀疑那个人是你 |
[20:06] | – Please. – No. | – 拜托 – 不去 |
[20:08] | I can see you’re serious about this, and… | 我看得出你很认真… |
[20:11] | I love that you’re serious about this, but… | 我喜欢你对这个事认真, 但是… |
[20:14] | I’m not going anyplace but home. | 除了家里我不会去任何地方 |
[20:23] | He’ll be here any minute. You all right? | 他马上就到. 你还好吧? |
[20:26] | To be honest, I’m confused. | 老实说, 我有点混乱 |
[20:29] | Welcome to the club. | 很正常 不只你一个 |
[20:31] | I know that that boy didn’t push her off the cliff. | 我知道那个男孩没有推她下悬崖 |
[20:37] | Sorry. We had people at the house. | 对不起. 我们家有客人在 |
[20:40] | Greg is planning a memorial. | Greg 在筹备一个纪念仪式 |
[20:43] | Well, I’m sorry to disturb you a second time, | 很抱歉再次打扰你 |
[20:45] | but I’m afraid there’s been a little glitch in the mix. | 但是我恐怕事情起了点突变 |
[20:48] | Greg, we ran those tests we told you about on the car. | 我们在车子上做了一些我们告诉你的测试 |
[20:51] | They came back positive. | 结果是吻合的 |
[20:52] | Your tires matched the tire tracks at the scene. | 你的轮胎和案发现场的轮胎印是吻合的 |
[20:55] | That’s not possible. | 不可能 |
[20:56] | And forensics found traces of a soil embedded on your car | 而且法医也在你车上发现一些泥土的痕迹 |
[20:59] | that matches the soil samples taken from the overlook. | 与悬崖的泥土样本吻合 |
[21:11] | The tests are wrong. | 测试错了 |
[21:13] | – Run another test. – Larry, you know as well as… | – 再做一次测试 – Larry, 你我都… |
[21:14] | Look, for every underpaid forensic expert that you trot out of the State’s crime lab, | 对于你从本州犯罪鉴证实验室 带出来的每个廉价法医人员 |
[21:19] | I’ll get three expensive credible experts of my own. | 我自己可以请三个昂贵但可靠的高手 |
[21:24] | Is this a case you really want to try? | 你真的要试试这件案子吗? |
[21:26] | Greg… do you understand the implications of what I just told you? | Greg… 你了解我刚刚告诉你这些的意思吗? |
[21:29] | You do not have permission to address my son. | 你未经我的许可不可以盘问我的儿子 |
[21:32] | Your son is well over the age of majority. Don’t need your permission. Sorry. | 你的儿子早已成年. 不需要你的批准. 抱歉 |
[21:36] | Greg? | |
[21:39] | But I was home. Isabel called me there. | 但是我在家. Isabel 打来家里找我 |
[21:42] | You know. You said that you had the records. | 你知道. 你说你有记录 |
[21:46] | But that only proves she talked to someone. It doesn’t prove she talked to you. | 但是那只能证明她和某人通过话 并不能证明是和你讲的 |
[21:48] | I was with my friends. | 我和朋友在一起 |
[21:50] | I will give you their names. | 我会给你他们的名字 |
[21:51] | And I promise you we will interview each and every one, | 我也可以向你保证 我们会找他们每一个人面谈 |
[21:54] | but that does not change the fact that your car was at that overlook. | 但这不会改变你的车子 曾经在那悬崖上的事实 |
[21:59] | I mean, unless you can prove beyond a shadow of a doubt | 我是说, 除非你有强有力的证据证明 |
[22:02] | that the car was not in your possession, | 那辆车当时并不在你手中 |
[22:04] | that you had loaned it to someone or perhaps it was stolen. | 你把它借给什么人或者也许被偷了 |
[22:13] | We’re done here. | 我们能做的做完了 |
[22:44] | Come on, Greg. | 走了, Greg |
[22:45] | Mr. Watt, don’t you have something to add here? | Watt 先生, 你没有什么东西需要补充的吗? |
[22:48] | Did you not hear, young woman? | 你没有听到吗? |
[22:50] | This interview is over. | 面谈结束了 |
[22:52] | – Larry, there’s… – Mr. District Attorney, | – Larry, 有… – 检察官先生 |
[22:53] | my son has endured all the questioning that we are prepared to entertain this evening. | 我的儿子忍受了今晚我们准备娱乐的所有问题 |
[22:58] | Now, if you truly consider him a suspect, | 现在, 如果你真的怀疑他有嫌疑 |
[23:01] | I presume that you have a warrant for his arrest? | 我猜想你有拘捕他的令状? |
[23:05] | Ah. And since you don’t, we’re leaving. | 啊. 既然你没有, 我们走了 |
[23:08] | Greg… | |
[23:09] | It wasn’t your son I was questioning– it was you. | 我不是在问你的儿子 我是在问你 |
[23:12] | You know who was in that car. You both do. | 你知道谁在车里的. 你们俩都知道 |
[23:14] | Greg. | |
[23:17] | You weren’t in that car at all, were you? | 你完全不在车里, 是吗? |
[23:21] | Well, he said his battery was dead. | 他说他的车没电池了 |
[23:24] | Greg. | |
[23:25] | You told me you were going to the office. | 你告诉我你要去办公室的 |
[23:30] | – Son… – Dad? | – 儿子… – 爸爸? |
[23:33] | What’s going on? | 怎么回事? |
[23:48] | If you give me a moment outside with my son, | 如果你可以让我和我儿子到外面去一下 |
[23:52] | I’m prepared to make a statement, | 我准备好做陈述了 |
[23:53] | and to tell you what I know about the death of Isabel Galvan. | 并告诉你我所知道和 Isabel Galvan的死有关的事 |
[24:03] | I met her one night. Uh… | 我有一晚认识了她. 嗯… |
[24:06] | There’s a bar near my practice. I stop in there sometimes. | 在我事务所附近的酒吧. 我有时会去那里 |
[24:12] | She approached me. | 她接近我 |
[24:15] | I bought her a drink, we started talking. | 我请她喝了一杯, 我们就聊开了 |
[24:19] | At the time, I had no idea that she was involved with my son. | 当时, 我并不知道她和我儿子拍拖 |
[24:28] | We had sex in the back of my car. | 我们在我车子后面发生了关系 |
[24:36] | A week later, she called me. She told me that… | 一星期后, 她打给我. 她告诉我… |
[24:40] | she knew who I was the whole time, | 她一直都知道我是谁 |
[24:42] | that she had targeted me, | 她盯上了我 |
[24:45] | even recorded our encounter together. | 甚至录下了我们在一起的事情 |
[24:49] | She said that unless I gave her $15,000, she would play the tape for Greg. | 她说除非我给她15000美元 否则她会播给 Greg听 |
[24:54] | So when did this happen? | 那这是什么时候发生的? |
[24:55] | The demand, I mean. | 我是说这勒索 |
[24:59] | The night before– Friday. | 之前一晚 星期五 |
[25:02] | She very thoughtfully gave me a day to put the money together. | 她非常体贴地给我一天的时间去筹钱 |
[25:08] | The point is, my son is an innocent in all this. | 我要说的是 在整件事中我的儿子都是无辜的 |
[25:13] | He doesn’t know anything about what this woman was up to, | 他对这个女人的企图一无所知 |
[25:16] | or my indiscretion with her. | 以及我和她的不检点 |
[25:20] | So now it’s Saturday. | 那现在是星期六 |
[25:22] | I agreed to meet Isabel at the overlook. | 我同意到悬崖见Isabel |
[25:25] | I just wanted her out of my life. I wanted her out of my son’s life. I… | 我只是想摆脱她. 也希望我儿子可以摆脱她. 我… |
[25:31] | But when I tried to hand over the cash, she refused to give me the tape. | 但是当我给她钱时 她拒绝给我录音带 |
[25:35] | All of a sudden, she didn’t want the money. | 突然间, 她不要钱了 |
[25:39] | She said she had changed her mind. She was going to tell Greg everything. | 她说她改变主意了 她要告诉Greg 所有的事 |
[25:42] | A shakedown? For more money? | 敲诈? 要更多钱? |
[25:46] | So I told her that was all she was going to get out of me. | 所以我告诉她最多就这点了 |
[25:49] | We argued. | 我们争执起来 |
[25:52] | She, uh… | 她, 嗯… |
[25:55] | She came at me. | 她抓伤了我 |
[25:57] | I urged her again to take the money, but she refused. | 我再次劝她把钱拿去, 但她拒绝了 |
[26:01] | When I realized that we weren’t getting anywhere, I left. | 当我意识到我们继续纠缠下去也无济于事 我就离开了 |
[26:07] | I swear to you she was still alive. | 我发誓当时她还活着 |
[26:20] | Hey, you. | 嘿 |
[26:25] | I’m sorry I got in so late last night. | 对不起我昨晚那么晚回来 |
[26:28] | – You’re not gonna believe what happened. – I really don’t want to hear it. | – 你不会相信发生了什么事 – 我真的不想听 |
[26:35] | So… | 嗯… |
[26:37] | So yesterday I told a doctor of mathematics– | 昨天我告诉一个数学博士 |
[26:41] | a man I’ve worked side by side with since I can’t remember when… | 一个我都不记得曾几何时 开始一起并肩工作的人 |
[26:46] | a man whose intellect I’ve always respected | 一个我一直尊重其才华的人 |
[26:51] | and who, I believe, up until yesterday, respected mine– | 他也是一个, 我相信 直到昨天为止, 尊重我的人 |
[26:56] | that I, Joseph Dubois, | 而我, Joseph Dubois |
[27:00] | can see the future. | 可以看到未来 |
[27:06] | And that his days were numbered. | 说他时日无多了 |
[27:14] | And did you suggest that he see a doctor? | 你介意她看医生了吗? |
[27:17] | Yes, indeed, | 是的, 当然 |
[27:19] | and he urged me to do the same, | 而他劝我也要看医生 |
[27:22] | just before he fled the room with a look of abject terror on his face. | 就在他带着一脸惶恐逃出房间之前 |
[27:29] | I see. | 我明白了 |
[27:40] | So initial here, here, here and here. | 首字署名在这里, 这里, 这里, 还有这里 |
[27:43] | Sorry we’re late, gentlemen. | 男士们 对不起 我们迟到了 |
[27:45] | Sorry to make you come to me, Manuel, but I’ve got trial in 20 minutes. | 抱歉要你来我这里, Manuel 但是我20分钟后得上庭 |
[27:49] | Hey, somebody apologize to me. I’m the one who’s surrendering. | 嘿, 有人向我道歉. 我是自首的那个 |
[27:52] | It’s merely a formality. | 这只是一个形式 |
[27:53] | Your son and I both know you’re innocent. You’re gonna be back home this afternoon. | 我和你儿子都知道你是无辜的 你今天下午就能回家 |
[27:56] | Nevertheless, we appreciate your cooperation. | 无论如何, 我们很感谢你的合作 |
[27:59] | Duly noted. | 应该的 |
[28:00] | Greg, sign here. | Greg, 签在这里 |
[28:07] | Okay, Greg, you’ve got power of attorney now. | OK, Greg, 你现在是代理人了 |
[28:09] | I’m counting on you to take charge of everything until this mess is cleaned up. | 我得靠你照料一切 直到这事情解决为止 |
[28:13] | But I don’t know anything about this stuff, Dad. | 爸爸 但是我对这些一窍不通 |
[28:16] | It’s money. You’ll figure it out. | 是钱而已. 你会解决的 |
[28:18] | Besides, it’s only temporary. | 再说, 这只是暂时的 |
[28:20] | It’s not as if they actually have a case. | 案件并不成立 |
[28:22] | Let’s just let the judge take a look at everything. | 我们让法官看看一切再说 |
[28:25] | And I’ll tell you what he’ll see. | 我可以告诉你他会看到什么 |
[28:27] | He’ll see a man who exercised bad judgment, | 他会看到一个男人做了错误的判定 |
[28:29] | made a horrible mistake and was blackmailed for it. | 犯了一个很大的错误 并被勒索 |
[28:32] | Larry. | |
[28:33] | Blackmailed by an unstable woman, who, according to my investigators, | 被一个不稳定的女人勒索 据我的探员所说 |
[28:38] | has been prescribed with antidepressants since her preteens, | 她十岁之前就开始服用抗抑郁药物了 |
[28:42] | has a history of suicidal behavior. | 有自杀行为的历史 |
[28:44] | She apparently called suicide hotlines the way other people call out for Chinese food. | 据说她打自杀心理辅导热线 就像其他人打电话叫中国食物外卖那样频繁 |
[28:55] | Was that true? | 是真的吗? |
[28:56] | Well, it may be true, but… | 可能是真的, 但是… |
[28:59] | that’s not the girl that I know. | 那不是我认识的那个女孩 |
[29:02] | That’s not the girl that I loved. | 不是我爱过的那个女孩 |
[29:04] | Do you think she jumped? | 你认为她跳下去的吗 |
[29:07] | I honestly have no idea. | 我真的不知道 |
[29:09] | The only thing I’m certain of at this point is, | 此刻我唯一确定的是 |
[29:13] | I know my father didn’t push her. | 我知道我爸爸没有推她 |
[29:15] | Deputies are waiting outside. | 代理人等在外面了 |
[29:23] | Sorry I’m late. My wife had an emergency at her job and the kids… | 对不起 我迟到了 我太太工作上有紧急的事 而孩子们… |
[29:52] | Kreskin. | |
[29:56] | I got to work– you weren’t there. | 我去上班 你不在那里 |
[29:59] | One of the guys said you were here. | 有人说你在这里 |
[30:16] | 8:00 last night. | 昨晚8:00 |
[30:19] | I’m cleaning my place… | 我在清房子… |
[30:22] | and I have this extraordinary moment of clarity. | 我有这种异常的清晰时刻 |
[30:28] | So I rush back to the lab, | 所以我赶回到实验室 |
[30:31] | and I’m working. | 我在工作 |
[30:35] | And I feel this… | 我感到这… |
[30:38] | twinge in my chest, | 胸口刺痛 |
[30:44] | and I was thinking about what you said, | 我想到了你说的话 |
[30:48] | and so… | 所以… |
[30:54] | I was compelled to call 911. | 我不得不打 911 |
[31:00] | They told me I was flatlining in the ambulance. | 他们告诉我在救护车里 心脏曾一度停止跳动 |
[31:09] | Quadruple bypass. | 旁道管手术 |
[31:13] | God. | 天哪 |
[31:30] | …where she interviewed everyone who had ever attempted | … 她访问了每个曾经试图 |
[31:32] | to kill themselves by jumping off the Golden Gate Bridge, | 跳下金门大桥自杀的人 |
[31:35] | and it turns out every single person she interviewed… | 结果显示她访问的每一个人 |
[31:39] | every single one, | 每一个人 |
[31:40] | confessed that after they threw themselves off that bridge, | 都承认当他们跳下桥后 |
[31:45] | about two-thirds of the way down, | 大约掉下去2/3高度后 |
[31:47] | it suddenly occurred to them that all the seemingly insurmountable problems | 突然发现那些在他们人生中看起来 |
[31:51] | that they had in their lives | 不能解决的问题 |
[31:53] | were fixable, | 是可以解决的 |
[31:54] | every single one… | 每一个… |
[31:57] | save for the fact that they had just thrown themselves off the Golden Gate Bridge. | 除了把他们自己从大桥扔下来的事实 |
[32:04] | When we come back, more from Henry Salzman, Director of the Greater Phoenix Suicide Hotline. | 广告回来, 更多来自Henry Salzman Greater Phoenix 自杀热线主管的报道 |
[32:12] | Can I help you? | 我可以帮你吗? |
[32:13] | Yes. I work with the District Attorney’s office. | 是的. 我是地方法院检察官办公室的 |
[32:16] | We’re doing an investigation on the death of a young woman named Isabel Galvan. | 我们在调查一名年轻女子Isabel Galvan的案子 |
[32:21] | I was wondering if you could tell me if she ever called the hotline here? | 你能不能告诉我她有没有打过这里的热线? |
[32:24] | I’m sorry, but all calls to the hotline are confidential. | 对不起, 热线接的所有电话都是保密的 |
[32:26] | – Yes, I know, but… – I’m sorry. I can’t help you. | – 是, 我知道, 但是… – 对不起. 我帮不上你 |
[32:28] | – Sandra, line two. – Excuse me. | – Sandra, 2线 – 对不起 |
[32:46] | Not the girl I know. | 不是我认识的女孩 |
[32:50] | Not the girl I loved. | 不是我爱过的女孩 |
[33:10] | Bad dream? | 恶梦吗? |
[33:13] | No, actually. No dreams. | 其实没有. 没做梦 |
[33:14] | Just a nagging feeling that something isn’t right. | 心烦 老觉得有些东西不对劲 |
[33:22] | Why are you smiling? | 你在笑什么? |
[33:24] | This whole Brett thing. | 整个 Brett 的事 |
[33:27] | I was just thinking how funny it all was. | 我只是在想整件事很好玩 |
[33:31] | Here I had myself all in a twist ’cause I thought I was delivering the guy his death sentence, | 我还在这里担心因为我以为 我给他执行死刑了 |
[33:37] | but as it turned out, I probably, | 但是原来, 我可能 |
[33:39] | we probably, saved his life. | 我们可能, 救了他的命 |
[33:45] | And I’m sorry I behaved like such an ass yesterday. | 对不起我昨天对你发火了 |
[33:53] | So what’s not right? And what’s keeping you awake? | 那有什么不对劲的? 什么让你睡不着了? |
[33:57] | Finding that kid’s picture at the suicide hotline? | 在自杀热线找到那孩子的照片吗? |
[34:00] | That doesn’t prove anything. | 那不能证明什么 |
[34:02] | Yeah, but Watt said that Isabel called hotlines all the time. | 对, 但是 Watt 说 Isabel 常常打热线电话 |
[34:05] | There has to be a connection. | 一定有关连 |
[34:07] | Okay, well, it all began with that dream you had, right? | OK, 一切都是从你那个梦开始的, 是吗? |
[34:09] | So, let’s start there and work forward from that. | 那么, 我们就从那里开始寻找线索 |
[34:14] | Well, that’s just it. | 就这些了 |
[34:16] | In my dream, she jumped. | 在我的梦里, 她跳下去了 |
[34:19] | There was no foul play. She clearly committed suicide. | 没有谋杀. 她确实是自杀的 |
[34:23] | Girl walks to the edge of a cliff and jumps. | 那女孩走到悬崖边就跳了 |
[34:26] | You’re right. | 你是对的 |
[34:29] | Nothing much open to interpretation there. | 没有什么再可以解释的了 |
[34:33] | Yeah. | 对 |
[34:35] | Yeah, I know. | 对, 我知道 |
[34:38] | I see her– | 我看到她 |
[34:41] | she’s upset. | 她很心烦 |
[34:47] | Wait a second. | 等一下 |
[34:50] | And why is it exactly that we’re looking for her cell phone? | 我们到底为什么找她的手机? |
[34:53] | Because that’s what she keeps showing to me. | 因为那是她一直给我看的 |
[34:55] | At least I think that’s what she keeps showing to me. | 至少我觉得那是她老是要给我看的 |
[34:57] | I got it! I found it! | 我找到了! 找到了! |
[35:01] | Me, too. I found it, too. | 我也是. 我也找到了 |
[35:12] | Gentlemen. | 男士们 |
[35:18] | What’s going on? | 怎么了? |
[35:19] | You said I didn’t need my attorney. You said you had good news. | 你说我不需要带我律师来. 你说你有好消息 |
[35:22] | I believe I do. | 我相信是的 |
[35:24] | Of a sort. | 应该可以这么说 |
[35:26] | We went back to the scene this morning to retrieve Isabel’s cell phone, | 今天早上我们回到了案发现场寻找 Isabel的手机 |
[35:30] | which we did, | 我们是找到了 |
[35:32] | along with this. | 还找到了这个 |
[35:40] | Get off me! | 别碰我! |
[35:43] | Damn it, I think you drew blood. | 妈的, 你弄伤我了 |
[35:45] | – That’s you. – Just leave, okay? I’m not taking the money. | – 那是你 – 离开这里, OK? 我不会拿你的钱的 |
[35:48] | I’m telling him everything and you can’t stop me. | 我会告诉他一切 你阻止不了我的 |
[35:50] | And that’s Isabel. | 那是Isabel |
[35:51] | You’re messing with the wrong man, young lady– | 你玩错人了, 小姑娘 |
[35:54] | I’ll bury you. | 我会活埋你的 |
[35:55] | Those words were spoken in the heat of the moment. | 那些只是一时的气话 |
[35:57] | I had no intention of… | 我并无意要… |
[36:01] | And that’s you driving away. | 那是你开车离开 |
[36:10] | And that’s Isabel dialing the phone. | 而那是Isabel 拨电话 |
[36:12] | When you left, Isabel was alive. | 你离开时, Isabel 还活着 |
[36:14] | I’ve advised the court. | 我已经通知了法庭 |
[36:15] | We’re dropping all charges. | 我们将撤销所有指控 |
[36:20] | Thank God. | 谢天谢地 |
[36:23] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[36:24] | This is fabulous. The recorder she used to blackmail me proves that I didn’t kill her. | 这太妙了 她用来勒索我的录音机竟然证明了我没有杀她 |
[36:30] | Pick up, pick up. | 接电话, 接电话 |
[36:33] | She’s calling you, Greg. Remember that call? | 她在打给你, Greg. 记得那个电话吗? |
[36:36] | Can we turn this off now? | 我们现在可以关掉这个了吗? |
[36:38] | Sure thing. | 当然 |
[36:41] | Have a seat. We’re not through. | 做下来. 我们还没有完呢 |
[36:44] | But… what’s left to talk about? | 但是… 还剩下什么可说的? |
[36:48] | Well, there’s the truth. | 这里有真相 |
[36:51] | I don’t understand. | 我不明白 |
[36:53] | Did you know that your son volunteered at a suicide hotline? | 你知道你的儿子在自杀心理辅导热线做义工 |
[36:56] | The same one that Isabel used to call? | 而且还是 Isabel 打的那家? |
[36:58] | Greg has a very giving spirit. | Greg 很乐于助人 |
[37:00] | Actually, what Greg had was a plan. | 其实, Greg 是有计划的 |
[37:03] | And in order for his plan to work, he needed someone. | 要想他的计划成功, 他需要某个人 |
[37:07] | Someone that he could control and manipulate. | 某个他能操控的人 |
[37:10] | So he volunteered, | 所以他去做义工 |
[37:12] | he started taking calls from the lonely and the desperate, | 他开始接听那些孤单绝望的人的电话 |
[37:15] | and finally, one night, he got a call from someone who fit the profile of what he needed. | 终于, 一天晚上 打来的人正是他在物色的合适人选 |
[37:20] | It was Isabel. | 那是 Isabel |
[37:22] | Greg saved her life that night. | Greg 在那晚救了她一命 |
[37:24] | He told her he liked the sound of her voice. | 他告诉她喜欢她的声音 |
[37:26] | That it was against the rules, but couldn’t they meet? | 那是违反规定的, 他们不能见面 |
[37:28] | Perhaps we could meet in person. | 也许我们可以见面 |
[37:31] | And she agreed. | 她同意了 |
[37:32] | Greg made her feel special. | Greg 让她感觉到很特殊 |
[37:35] | For the first time in her life, she felt loved. | 她生命中第一次感到被爱 |
[37:39] | And after a few short months, he became her entire world. | 短短几个月, 他成为了她的全部 |
[37:43] | So, when he told her to seduce his father… | 所以, 当他叫她去勾引他父亲… |
[37:48] | to record it and use it to blackmail him, | 录下来并勒索他时 |
[37:51] | she did it. | 她照做了 |
[37:55] | So he had everything set up for the big day. | 他为这个大日子布置好了一切 |
[37:57] | You invited friends over to give you an alibi, | 你请了朋友来为你做不在场证明 |
[38:00] | you made sure your father’s car was out of commission so he’d have to borrow yours. | 你确定让你父亲的车子没电 那他就会借用你的 |
[38:04] | And just like you told her to, | 就像你告诉她的 |
[38:06] | the dutiful Isabel refused the payoff money and provoked a fight. | 尽责的 Isabel 拒绝了现款 并挑起一场争吵 |
[38:11] | And then, like a good girl, | 然后, 就像个好女孩, |
[38:14] | she called you to tell you about it. | 她打给你告诉你一切 |
[38:18] | Greg? Hey, baby, it’s me. | Greg? 嘿, 宝贝, 是我 |
[38:22] | Yeah, your dad just left. | 对, 你爸爸刚走 |
[38:24] | Yeah, he went for it. | 对, 他上当了 |
[38:27] | I taped the whole thing for you. | 我录下了整个过程 |
[38:30] | He was really mad, I thought he was going to kill me. | 他真的很生气, 我以为他会杀了我 |
[38:33] | And that’s when you turned on her. | 那就是你对她翻脸的时候 |
[38:36] | You called her a whore. | 你叫她婊子 |
[38:39] | What-what are you saying? You told me you needed me to… | 什么 你说什么? 你告诉我你需要我… |
[38:43] | You told her it was a test, | 你告诉她那是个测试 |
[38:44] | a test to see if she loved you and she failed. | 测试她是否真的爱你 但她没有通过 |
[38:47] | Stop! | 别说了! |
[38:50] | What are you saying? | 你在说什么? |
[38:52] | You knew every button to push. | 你知道每个需要按的按钮 |
[38:54] | You told her you wished you’d never met her. | 你告诉她你宁愿从未认识她 |
[38:57] | You wished you hadn’t picked up that call that night at the hotline. | 你希望当晚没有接过那个热线电话 |
[39:00] | You wished she was dead. | 你希望她死 |
[39:02] | Greg, please, don’t. | Greg, 拜托, 不要这样 |
[39:05] | I love you. | 我爱你 |
[39:11] | You knew you could get her to jump. | 你知道你可以让她跳下去 |
[39:15] | And you were right. | 你是对的 |
[39:17] | All the time making it look like your father killed her | 所有矛头都指向你父亲杀了她 |
[39:19] | so you could get Power of Attorney | 那你就可以得到代理人 |
[39:21] | and control of his money. | 并控制他的钱 |
[39:27] | I’m truly sorry, Larry. | 我真的很难过, Larry |
[39:30] | Dad… | 爸爸… |
[39:32] | They’re lying. | 他们骗人的 |
[39:40] | Dad, it was all Isabel’s idea. | 爸爸, 这都是Isabel的主意 |
[39:42] | She told me that we could be together and I believed her. | 他告诉我我们可以在一起我就相信了她 |
[39:44] | – Dad… – Young man. | – 爸爸… – 年轻人 |
[39:48] | I have a warrant for your arrest. | 我有你的拘捕令 |
[39:54] | Yeah? Well, you’re gonna have a tough time proving any of it, | 是吗? 你很难可以证明 |
[39:59] | and even if you could, | 就算你可以 |
[40:02] | I didn’t kill her, so… | 我并没有杀她, 所以… |
[40:03] | the worst you could get me on is conspiracy to blackmail? | 你最多可以告我同谋勒索 |
[40:08] | Maybe you’re right. | 或许你是对的 |
[40:10] | But even so, I’m going to tie up your life and make it a living hell. | 即使是这样, 我也不会让你以后的日子好过的 |
[40:15] | You’re going to spend so much time in court, | 你将会花大量的时间在法庭上 |
[40:16] | the bailiffs are going to want to make you shop steward, | 司法长官会让你做事情 |
[40:19] | and by the time I’m done with you, trust me, | 等到我完成了你的案子, 相信我 |
[40:22] | you’re going to wish you threw yourself off a cliff. | 你会希望跳下悬崖的是你 |
[40:40] | Hey. | 嘿 |
[40:41] | Hey. | 嘿 |
[40:43] | Kids are asleep. | 孩子们睡了 |
[40:45] | If they weren’t… | 如果他们还没有 |
[40:48] | heads would roll. | 我会教训他们的 |
[41:00] | Are you all right? | 你还好吧? |
[41:05] | Piece of plaque. | 一块斑 |
[41:08] | Size of a tiny crumb. | 面包屑的大小 |
[41:11] | In his blood. | 在他血液中 |
[41:14] | Went to his heart. | 流到他的心脏 |
[41:19] | I realized later on that you knew. | 我后来才意识到你知道的 |
[41:21] | This morning… in bed, you knew. | 今天早上… 做床上, 你知道的 |
[41:27] | That’s why you didn’t say anything when I was going on and on | 那就是为什么当我一直 在讲事情怎么顺利的时候 |
[41:29] | about how well things worked out. | 你什么都没说 |
[41:32] | I just… | 我只是… |
[41:33] | I didn’t know where. | 我不知道是哪里 |
[41:35] | I didn’t know when. | 我不知道什么时候 |
[41:37] | I just… | 我只是… |
[41:40] | I didn’t want to do it to you twice, | 我不想接连打击你两次 |
[41:44] | that’s all. | 如此而已 |
[42:22] | If we could only get from there to there… | 如果我们可以从那里到那里 |
[42:26] | That would be something, hmm? | 那就有点名堂了吧? |
[42:30] | Son of a bitch. | 混蛋 |
[42:34] | Think they’ll publish it? | 他们会发表吗? |
[42:39] | I hope so. | 我希望如此 |
[42:41] | Maybe he’ll get his little piece of eternity after all. | 或许他还可以得到这个小小的永恒 “灵媒缉凶第七集” -=结束=- |