时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:00] | – I’m sorry… It’s blinking. – Really? | – 对不起.. 在闪呢 – 是吗? |
[00:01] | Yeah look… | 对 你看… |
[00:04] | Hey Ally, it’s me… Coming from beautiful downtown Afghanistan. | 嗨 Ally 是我… 现在正在美丽的阿富汗市区跟你说话 |
[00:10] | And this over here is my buddy Tommy Lehane. | 而这边这位是我的哥们 Tommy Lehane |
[00:14] | Two-time Orange County short board surfing champion | 两届 Orange County 短板冲浪冠军 |
[00:17] | and my personal bodyguard… | 同时也是我的私人保镖… |
[00:19] | Hey, hey, hey, Michael’s sister. | 嘿 嘿 嘿 Michael 的姐姐 |
[00:21] | Hey, is she hot, dude? Can you hook me up? | 嘿 她性感吗 老兄 你能安排我跟她约会吗? |
[00:24] | Chill, brother. She’s totally married. | 冷静点 兄弟 她已经结婚了 |
[00:27] | And a mom. | 还做了妈妈 |
[00:28] | Hey, Joe. Hey, kids. | 嘿 Joe 嘿 孩子们 |
[00:30] | Uh, Bridgette, Ariel, and… | 嗯 Bridgette Ariel 和… |
[00:33] | I can’t remember what the other one’s name is. | 我不记得另外一个的名字了 |
[00:35] | Anyways, Uncle Mike is doing fine. | 总而言之 Mike舅舅过得很好 |
[00:38] | Just over here fighting for freedom and beer… | 在这里为和平和啤酒而战… |
[00:43] | and chips and dip and whatnot. | 还有洋芋片还有调味酱以及别的… |
[00:46] | So don’t worry. The company just sent us this camera | 所以别担心 公司刚给我们寄来了这台摄像机 |
[00:50] | so we could send back video letters, | 让我们可以拍录影书信寄回来 |
[00:51] | and I was the first one who got it, so… | 我是第一个拿到摄像机的 所以… |
[00:53] | Yeah, ’cause he’s still learning how to write. | 没错 因为他还在学写字 |
[00:56] | Stand down, soldier. Stand down. | 站远点 士兵 站远点 |
[00:59] | Anyways, we’re over here in, uh… | 总之 我们现在在… 嗯… |
[01:02] | I don’t even know where the hell we are. | 我都不知道我们现在到底在哪里 |
[01:03] | We just got here. | 我们刚到这里 |
[01:04] | Uh, we’re protecting some shelled-out little village that nobody’s ever heard of. | 嗯 我们正在保护某个被狂轰乱炸 谁都没听说过的村子 |
[01:09] | And this over here… | 而这边的是… |
[01:11] | Incoming! | 来了 |
[01:14] | Incoming! Medic! | 来了 军医 |
[01:18] | Medic! | 军医 |
[02:10] | Benoit. B-E-N-0-I-T. | |
[02:12] | He’s with the 47th Infantry. | 他在第47步兵团里当兵 |
[02:16] | My name? Dubois. | 我的名字? Dubois |
[02:18] | Well, I’m married. | 嗯 我已经结婚了 |
[02:21] | No. Benoit’s not my maiden name. | 不 Benoit不是我结婚前的姓 |
[02:25] | He’s my half brother. | 他是我同母异父的弟弟 |
[02:27] | No, wait, wait. | 不 等等 请别挂断 |
[02:30] | I just called them. They told me to call you. | 我刚给他们打过电话 他们让我打电话给你 |
[02:33] | Yes, I’ll hold. | 好的 我等着 |
[02:34] | Hey, there’s nothing on the CNN website | 嘿 CNN 和外交部网站上 |
[02:37] | or the State Department home page about any attack involving the 47th. | 都没有说到第47步兵团的任何袭击 |
[02:40] | The kids are dressed, they’re fed. | 孩子们已经穿好衣服 也吃饱了 |
[02:41] | – So I’m just going to run them off to school. – Hello? | – 我准备送他们去学校 – 喂? |
[02:43] | Hello. Yes, I’m looking for information on the 47th Infantry. | 你好 是的 我想知道第47团的消息 |
[02:47] | My brother– Specialist Michael Benoit. | 我弟弟 特种兵 Michael Benoit |
[02:49] | Ma’am, please don’t transfer me. | 女士 请别再给我转电话了 |
[02:51] | I have been on the phone with every branch of the government since 5:30 a.m. | 从早上5:30开始 我已经和政府的每个部门通过话 |
[02:56] | She’s going to check. She’s actually going to check. | 她要去查一下 她真的要去查一下 |
[02:58] | Yes, I am a family member. | 没错 我是他的家庭成员 |
[03:01] | Hey. | 嘿 |
[03:02] | I’m his sister. | 我是他姐姐 |
[03:04] | Okay, you’re transferring me to who? | 好吧 你要把我的电话转到哪里? |
[03:06] | All right, can you give me the direct dial number just in case we get… | 好吧 你能给我 可以直接联络到他的电话号码吗 以防我们… |
[03:09] | Hello? Hello? | 喂 喂 |
[03:12] | Damn it! | 见鬼 |
[03:14] | Got disconnected. | 电话断了 |
[03:17] | Is Mom okay? | 妈妈没事吧 |
[03:19] | Mom’s just worried. | 妈妈只是很担心 |
[03:20] | Take your sister. Put her in the car seat. I’ll be right out. | 带上你的妹妹 把她放到车后座 我马上就出来 |
[03:23] | Okay, good girl. | 好 乖孩子 |
[03:25] | Okay, go on, go on. | OK 快去 快去 |
[03:27] | Here. | 给你 |
[03:28] | – What are you doing, Joe? – Just stop for a minute. | – 你在干嘛 Joe? – 你应该停一下了 |
[03:31] | You’ve been on the phone for three hours. | 你已经打了三个小时的电话了 |
[03:32] | I’ve checked all the news services and the government websites. | 我已经查过了所有的新闻服务以及政府网站 |
[03:35] | You’ve called every agency imaginable. | 你也已经给每个能想到的部门都打了电话 |
[03:37] | And no one knows anything about any ambush on the 47th. | 没有人知道任何关于第47团被袭击的事 |
[03:40] | Well, maybe they haven’t found them yet. | 也许只是还没人找到他们 |
[03:41] | Maybe they’re not releasing the information. | 也许他们不想发布这样的消息 |
[03:44] | Maybe it hasn’t happened yet. | 也许我梦见的还没发生 |
[03:46] | I could warn them, Joe. | 我可以警告他们 Joe |
[03:47] | I could warn them, if someone would just listen to me. | 我可以警告他们的 如果有人愿意听我说的话 |
[03:49] | It’s 8:25 in the morning. | 现在才早晨8:25 |
[03:51] | Don’t you have an appointment with your boss at 10:00? | 你不是跟你的老板约好早上10点见面吗? |
[03:52] | Yeah. I don’t think I’m going to make that. | 对啊 可是我大概去不了 |
[03:53] | Right. You need to stay home and worry about something that may or may not have happened | 对 你得待在家里担心一些有的没的事情 |
[03:57] | to someone you haven’t seen in five years and didn’t much like before that. | 发生在已经5年没见的人身上 在此之前你甚至不太喜欢他 |
[04:00] | – He’s my brother. – Well… | – 他是我的弟弟 – 嗯… |
[04:02] | Well, we have the same mother. | 我们是同一个母亲生的 |
[04:04] | Okay, but you didn’t exactly grow up together. | OK 但你们又不是一起长大的 |
[04:06] | I don’t care about that. I’m talking about somebody who might be laying dead in the dirt somewhere. | 那跟这没关系 我说的是有人可能躺在某个地方死了 |
[04:09] | More likely passed out in a bar somewhere. | 更有可能在某个酒吧醉死 |
[04:11] | I can’t believe you just said that. | 我不敢相信你会这么说 |
[04:12] | Allison, the man missed our wedding because he was so stoned at the airport | Allison 这人错过了我们的婚礼因为他在机场里喝得烂醉如泥 |
[04:15] | and having such a trippy time watching the planes taking off and landing, | 飘飘然地看着飞机起飞降落 |
[04:18] | that he forgot to get on one. | 却忘了自己也应该上一架 |
[04:19] | That was 11 years ago. | 那是 11 年前的事了 |
[04:21] | Look, I’m just saying it’s the 21st century, okay? | 听着 我只是在说现在是二十一世纪了 OK? |
[04:24] | When something like this happens, it’s on the news in 15 minutes. | 如果发生了这种事 15分钟就会上新闻的 |
[04:27] | I think the thing to do is go on with our day. | 我认为我们应该去上班了 |
[04:29] | You know what? Go on with your day. | 你知道吗? 你可以去上你的班 |
[04:31] | So you’re not going to work? | 那你不去工作吗? |
[04:32] | I’m going to work! | 我会去上班的 |
[04:33] | I’m going to work! | 我会去上班的 |
[04:38] | I love you, too. | 我也爱你 |
[04:39] | And in international news today, no reports of American casualties | 在今天的国际新闻里 没有任何美军伤亡的消息 |
[04:43] | for the sixth straight day in either Iraq or Afghanistan… | 在伊拉克和阿富汗的持续第六天 |
[04:47] | Oil production remains steady as tensions continue to ease | 紧张局势逐渐舒缓 石油产量保持稳定 |
[04:50] | and American forces report no casualties for the sixth straight day in a row… | 而美军连续第六天报告无伤亡 |
[04:54] | It’s not a police action, it’s a war. | 这不是警方行动 这是一场战争 |
[04:56] | Well, right now it’s apparently no action, | 现在显然没有任何行动 |
[04:58] | since reports from both Iraq and Afghanistan indicate a prolonged period of calm. | 因为伊拉克和阿富汗的报告显示这是一段延长的平静时期 |
[05:06] | – What’s this? – What does it look like? | – 这是什么? – 你看这像什么? |
[05:08] | – An address. – Incredible. | – 一个地址 – 你真行 |
[05:10] | And still some people doubt you. | 但还有人怀疑你 |
[05:11] | You know, I’m so not in the mood. | 你知道 我现在没有心情 |
[05:13] | Sorry. | 对不起 |
[05:17] | Something wrong? | 出了什么事吗? |
[05:19] | I don’t know. Maybe not. | 我不知道 也许没什么 |
[05:20] | Certainly all the evidence says it’s nothing. | 当然所有迹象都表明没什么 |
[05:24] | It’s nothing. So what’s this? | 没什么 那这是什么? |
[05:27] | Like you said, just an address. | 就像你所说的 只是一个地址 |
[05:28] | But I’d like you to drive over there, maybe spend some time. | 但是我希望你开车去那里 也许在那里待一会儿 |
[05:31] | See if you get any kind of impression off of it. | 看看你能不能感觉到什么 |
[05:33] | I mean, is it a house? Is it a business? | 我的意思是 这是民居? 还是一家公司? |
[05:36] | I’m confused. Is it a crime scene? | 你把我弄糊涂了 这是一个案发现场吗? |
[05:38] | I mean, isn’t there some kind of file I could look at? | 我的意思是难道没有一些我能看的文件吗? |
[05:40] | Nope. | 没有 |
[05:41] | If it’s all right with you, I’d like to hear what you think after you’ve been there. | 如果你不介意的话 我希望听听你的想法 在你从那里回来之后 |
[05:45] | Without any kind of influence from me. | 不要受我的任何影响 |
[06:44] | Who are you? | 你是谁? |
[06:50] | I asked who you were. | 我在问你是谁 |
[06:55] | My name’s Allison. | 我的名字叫 Allison |
[06:57] | What’s your name? | 你叫什么名字? |
[07:00] | Is this your house? | 这是你的房子吗? |
[07:02] | I’m Diedre. | 我是 Diedre |
[07:08] | Are you Daddy’s friend? | 你是我爸爸的朋友吗? |
[07:10] | Mom says you’re the reason he comes home late every night | 妈妈说 你是他每晚晚回家 |
[07:13] | and is on the phone all the time. | 还总在打电话的罪魁祸首 |
[07:15] | No, honey, I’ve never even met your dad. | 不 亲爱的 我从来没有见过你父亲 |
[07:19] | Is he here? | 他在家吗? |
[07:20] | No. | 不在 |
[07:22] | Not since the fire. | 火灾之后就不在这儿了 |
[07:24] | Since the fire, Mom says he’s with her. | 自从那次火灾后 妈妈说他和她在一起 |
[07:27] | What about your mom? Is she here? | 你妈妈呢? 她在家吗? |
[07:30] | I have to go to my room. | 我必须回房间去了 |
[07:31] | Wait. | 等一下 |
[07:35] | Wait. | 等等 |
[07:42] | The fire was set intentionally in two places at around 3:00 in the morning. | 这场火灾是在凌晨大约3点蓄意在两处纵火的 |
[07:46] | The first ignition site was outside the daughter’s room. | 第一处在女儿的房间外 |
[07:48] | The second ignition site was the master bedroom. | 第二处在主卧室 |
[07:52] | We believe that the wife woke up and tried to save the daughter but couldn’t. | 我们相信妻子醒来后曾经尝试救出女儿 但没有成功 |
[07:55] | The daughter perished. The wife has been in a coma for several weeks. | 女儿在火灾中丧生 而妻子已经昏迷了几个礼拜 |
[07:58] | She’s not expected to recover. | 还没有恢复的希望 |
[08:00] | What about the husband? | 丈夫呢? |
[08:01] | Husband claims to have been working all night in his office | 丈夫说他在办公室工作了整晚 |
[08:04] | trying to get out a last minute deadline. | 要在最后期限内完成工作 |
[08:05] | Anyone corroborate that? | 有人能证实这点吗? |
[08:07] | His assistant. | 嗯… 他的助手 |
[08:08] | A woman. | 一个女人 |
[08:10] | The daughter mentioned that her father had a friend. | 他们的女儿提到她父亲有一个朋友 |
[08:13] | Sounds like the marriage had some trouble. | 听上去婚姻有点问题 |
[08:16] | The daughter mentioned that? | 女儿提到了这个? |
[08:18] | She happen to tell you who set the fire? | 她告诉你是谁放的火吗? |
[08:20] | Well, she wanted to, but I wouldn’t let her. | 她想告诉我来着 但是我没让她说出来 |
[08:22] | I told her you’d be upset if she made it too easy for us. | 我告诉她如果这么简单破案 你会很失望的 |
[08:26] | Any chance the assistant’s the friend? | 有可能那个女助手就是他的朋友吗? |
[08:28] | We’re watching both of them. | 我们正在监视他们两个 |
[08:30] | So how’d you like to spend some quality time with the comatose mother? | 那你想和那个昏迷的母亲共度一些时光吗? |
[08:34] | Excuse me? | 你说什么? |
[08:35] | Well, I don’t really know how these things work, but you never know. | 我不太知道你是怎么做到那些事的 但是也许这样行的通吧 |
[08:38] | She might have seen something– might have even seen who did it. | 她或许看到了一些东西 也许还看见了是谁干的 |
[08:41] | But how does that work? If someone’s in a coma do you… can you…? | 可是行得通吗? 如果有人出于昏迷状态 你可以… 你能…? |
[08:46] | I don’t know. But she’s in the hospital, right? | 我不知道 不过她在医院里,对吧? |
[08:48] | I’m really not crazy about hospitals. | 我真的一点也不喜欢医院 |
[08:50] | Oh. Well, I just assumed. I mean, you’ve had three kids. | 噢 我只是想当然 我的意思是 你也是三个孩子的母亲 |
[08:55] | You know what, it’s fine. Set it up. I’ll be fine. | 别说了 好吧 我会去 请帮我约时间 我没问题 |
[08:59] | …yards from the Americans. Two Americans were killed. A third died… | 两个美国人遇害 第三个人也死亡… |
[09:04] | …views on democracy and the Middle East has… | …对民主的看法 中东已经… |
[09:08] | Okay, kisses, stories… | OK 亲亲 故事… |
[09:12] | It is so not my bedtime. | 还没到我睡觉的时间呢 |
[09:14] | Yeah, we want to watch cartoons. | 没错 我们要看卡通 |
[09:17] | Someone’s here. | 有人来了 |
[09:23] | There’s a car in front of the house. | 有辆车停在房子前面 |
[09:25] | It has a big eagle on the door, like the President’s car. | 车门上有一只鹰 就像总统的车 |
[09:29] | Dad, two soldiers are getting out. | 爸爸 有两个士兵下车了 |
[09:32] | Oh, my God. | 哦 我的天哪 |
[09:34] | Ariel, go to your room. Take your sister. Go. | Ariel 回你的房间去 带上你的妹妹 快去 |
[09:59] | You little bastard! | 你这小混蛋 |
[10:02] | You hear that? She called me a bastard. | 你听见了吗? 她叫我小混蛋 |
[10:04] | My own sister called me a bastard. | 我自己的姐姐叫我混蛋 |
[10:07] | That’s the last time I fight a war for you. | 那是我最后一次为你打仗了 |
[10:10] | – Hey, Joe. – Welcome home, Mike. | – 嘿 Joe – 欢迎回家 Mike |
[10:18] | Quit staring. | 别再盯着看了 |
[10:19] | Ever since he walked in you’ve been acting like you’ve seen a ghost, | 从他进屋后 你就好像看到鬼一样 |
[10:22] | not in your usual way. | 而且不是平时那样的见鬼 |
[10:23] | I can’t help it. | 我忍不住 |
[10:24] | The dream really spooked me. | 那个梦真的把我吓坏了 |
[10:26] | Don’t say anything, okay? | 别告诉他们 行吗? |
[10:28] | About the dream? | 关于那个梦? |
[10:29] | About my dream, or working in the D.A.’s office, or any of it. | 关于我的梦 还有我在地方法院检察官 办公室工作的事和其它事 |
[10:32] | They wouldn’t understand. | 他们不会明白的 |
[10:33] | Okay. | |
[10:36] | I’ll get it. Go. Be with your brother. | 我去看看 你去陪陪你的弟弟吧 |
[10:45] | Oh, there we go. | 噢 来了 |
[10:46] | Oh, man, chips and salsa. | 噢 天哪 薯片还有墨西哥辣酱 |
[10:48] | Just like Mom used to open. | 和妈妈过去做的一样 |
[10:51] | We’ve been living on MRE’s and hummus for a year. | 我们吃MRE和豆沙吃了一年了 |
[10:53] | I’ll tell you, that gets real old, real fast. | 相信我 那些东西很快就会吃腻 |
[10:56] | So when did all this happen? When did you get out? | 这是什么时候的事? 你什么时候离开那里的? |
[10:58] | And why didn’t you call and let me know you were coming to town? | 为什么你不打电话告诉我你要回来呢? |
[11:02] | Our tour just ended last month. | 我们的服役期上个月刚刚结束 |
[11:05] | Really? | 真的吗? |
[11:05] | Took us about a week to get a transport to Germany. | 我们花了一个星期才到德国 |
[11:08] | And then we hung around for a few days until we could hook up | 然后我们在那里待了几天 |
[11:10] | something to good old South Carolina. | 直到我们设法搭上到南卡罗莱纳的一班机 |
[11:13] | Finally landed in Sky Harbor today at noon. | 今天中午终于到达 Sky Harbor 机场 |
[11:17] | – God bless America. | – God bless America. – 上帝保佑美国 – 上帝保佑美国 |
[11:20] | And then you were our first stop. So back off, Sis… | 然后你这里是我们的第一站 所以别抱怨了 姐姐… |
[11:24] | We could’ve hitched a ride all the way to Cali, | 我们本来可以直接搭便车去加州的 |
[11:26] | but Michael said we had to stop here and see his big sister first. | 但是 Michael 说我们必须先来这里 看看他的姐姐 |
[11:29] | Well… and we have that thing. | 还有… 我们还有正经事 |
[11:32] | What thing? | 什么事? |
[11:33] | A memorial service. | 一个悼念仪式 |
[11:36] | One of our buddies didn’t make it back. | 我们的一个战友没能回来 |
[11:39] | Our sergeant. | 我们的军士 |
[11:40] | I’m sorry. | 我很难过 |
[11:41] | Yeah, he was a good guy. | 嗯 他是个好人 |
[11:45] | Very good guy. | 非常好的人 |
[11:48] | So, Mike… | 那么 Mike… |
[11:49] | what’s your plan now that you’re back? | 你回来后有什么计划吗? |
[11:51] | Yeah, besides laying on my couch, drinking beer and watching court shows? | 对 除了躺在沙发上 喝喝啤酒看看法庭类节目? |
[11:57] | Well, as a matter of fact… | 事实上… |
[12:00] | comfortable and roomy as it may be, | 这确实很舒服写意 |
[12:04] | this couch holds absolutely no interest to this soldier come 0800 Monday morning. | 但是星期一早上8点来临时 这个沙发对这个战士绝对没有任何吸引力 |
[12:11] | Oh, really? Why is that? | 噢 真的吗? 为什么? |
[12:12] | That is because | 那是因为 |
[12:14] | that is when Tommy and I are off to San Diego, California | 因为那时我和Tommy要去加州圣地亚哥 |
[12:18] | to open ourselves up a surf shop. | 开一家我们自己的冲浪用品店 |
[12:21] | A what shop? | 什么店? |
[12:22] | Right on the beach, up to our asses in long boards and beach bunnies. | 就在海滩上 长板和海滩女郎就在我们旁边 |
[12:30] | Is that something you want to do or something you’re going to do? | 那是你们想做的事情 还是真的要做的事情? |
[12:33] | Oh, no, it’s already a done deal. We’re already incorporated and everything. | 不 不 这事已经决定了 我们成立了公司 准备就绪了 |
[12:36] | Yeah, Tommy’s coming into some money. | 对 Tommy 刚得到了一笔钱 |
[12:38] | Yeah, I got a little inheritance from my grandfather. | 是的 我从祖父那里继承了一点遗产 |
[12:39] | A friend’s renting us the storefront. | 一个朋友会租给我们店面 |
[12:41] | Looks like Mikey’s grown-up card is finally getting punched. | 看来Mikey的成人卡终于打到了 |
[12:43] | You got it, man. Me and Lucky are gonna be merchants. | 没错 我和 Lucky 将会成为商人 |
[12:48] | “Lucky”? | |
[12:50] | It’s a nickname. | 这是绰号 |
[12:51] | It’s not a nickname, man. I’m telling you, it’s a fact. | 才不是绰号呢 我告诉你 这是事实 |
[12:54] | This guy is my lucky rabbit’s foot. He’s my four-leaf clover. | 这家伙是我的幸运星 他是我的四叶草 |
[12:59] | Hell, I wouldn’t have made it back in one piece if it weren’t for him. | 真的 如果不是因为他 我根本不能毫发无损地回来 |
[13:02] | – Really? – Cut him off. Cut him off. | – 真的吗? – 别信他的 别信他的 |
[13:04] | No, man, come on. I put my life in this guy’s hands, okay? | 不 别这样 我把命都交到他手里了 OK? |
[13:06] | Everybody did. Lucky said “zig,” you zigged. | 我们大家都是 Lucky 说 “zig” 你就 zig |
[13:10] | Lucky said “zag,” ooh… you better zag. | Lucky 说 “zag” 喔… 你最好 zag |
[13:12] | Zag, zig, zag. | |
[13:15] | My tank is full. I have to whiz. So… | 我喝得有点撑了 我得去小便 嗯… |
[13:18] | – Down the hall. – Oh, whoa, whoa! | – 在走道那边 – 噢 噢 噢 |
[13:21] | I got it. | 我来吧 |
[13:24] | All the way down. | 走到底 |
[13:25] | The end of the hall. | 走道尽头 |
[13:29] | He’s something, ain’t he? | 他真的是个人物 对吧? |
[13:33] | That’s my cab. | 那是我的计程车 |
[13:34] | Oh, goodness, I forgot. Do you need a place to stay? | 噢 天哪 我忘了 你需要地方住吗? |
[13:37] | Oh, no, no, no. No, thanks. | 噢 不 不 不 不用 谢谢 |
[13:38] | No, actually, I’m looking forward to getting a little room service if you know what I mean. | 实际上我很期待一点小小的房间服务 如果你知道我的意思的话 |
[13:44] | I’m sorry. | 对不起 |
[13:45] | It was real nice meeting you folks. | 真高兴见到你们 |
[13:48] | Tell the kid I’ll be back for him tomorrow, okay? | 告诉那孩子我明天会回来找他 OK? |
[13:51] | You sure you don’t want to wait and say good-bye to Michael? | 你确定不用等一下跟 Michael 说声再见吗? |
[13:53] | Oh, no, that’s okay. | 噢 不 不用了 |
[13:54] | You can tuck him in for me. | 你帮我说吧 |
[13:56] | He looks pretty good, don’t you think? | 他看起来挺不错的 对吧? |
[13:58] | For a functional alcoholic, absolutely. | 对一个酗酒者来说 绝对是 |
[14:01] | You know he’s still out there drinking by himself? | 你知道他还在那里自己一个人喝酒? |
[14:03] | Wow, who died and appointed you the mayor of Funville? | 喔 谁死了让你当 Funville 的市长了 |
[14:07] | You’re forgetting, | 你真健忘 |
[14:09] | I’ve done my fair share of drinking once upon a time. | 我从前也很爱喝酒 |
[14:12] | In fact, I did your fair share, too. | 实际上 我把你的那份都喝了 |
[14:15] | I believe that you were attempting to quiet the voices in your head. | 我相信你是为了忘记你脑子里的声音才喝的 |
[14:19] | What’s his excuse? | 他有什么借口吗? |
[14:20] | I think you’re making a mountain out of a molehill. | 我觉得你有点小题大做 |
[14:23] | Excuse me? | 什么? |
[14:24] | Have you seen the pile of empties next to your brother? | 你没看见你弟弟旁边的那堆空酒瓶吗? |
[14:27] | I’m getting up early and taking all those bottles to the recycler so I can retire a wealthy man. | 我得起早床 把那些瓶子拿到回收站 这样我就可以富有地退休了 |
[14:31] | That’s not nice. | 你太小气了 |
[14:34] | He just got home. | 他才刚回家 |
[14:36] | He’s been through a lot. | 他经历了很多 |
[14:38] | They both have. | 他们都经历过 |
[14:40] | But he’s alive. | 但是他活下来了 |
[14:42] | He’s home. He’s here. | 他回家了 他在这里 |
[14:45] | And he’s alive. | 而且他还活着 |
[14:58] | Hey, kid, you want to turn those down for me? | 嘿 孩子 能小点声吗? |
[15:03] | Wow, you don’t sleep in jammies? | 噢 你不穿睡衣睡觉吗? |
[15:09] | Damn. | 该死的 |
[15:11] | I knew I forgot to do something last night. | 我就知道昨晚我肯定忘了做什么 |
[15:18] | Where is everybody? | 大家都在哪里? |
[15:20] | Where’s your mom? | 你妈妈在哪里? |
[15:21] | She’s getting ready for work. | 她正准备去上班 |
[15:24] | Since when does she work? | 她什么时候开始工作的? |
[15:27] | What does she do? | 她做什么工作? |
[15:29] | She’s a guesser. | 她是一个猜想者 |
[15:31] | For the State. | 为政府工作 |
[15:33] | A “guesser.” | “猜想者” |
[15:36] | What’s that? | 那是干嘛的? |
[15:40] | Well, you tell your mother good morning for me | 好吧 帮我跟你妈妈问好 |
[15:43] | and tell her I wish her… | 并告诉她我祝愿她… |
[15:47] | good guessing. | 猜得好 |
[15:54] | – Ready? – One second. | – 准备好了吗? – 等一下 |
[15:57] | Oh, maybe you misunderstood. There’s nothing to record. The woman’s in a coma. | 噢 也许你还不明白 没有什么好记录的 那个女人正处于昏迷状态 |
[16:01] | This isn’t for her. This is for me. | 这不是给她准备的 是给我自己准备的 |
[16:02] | Excuse me? | 什么? |
[16:03] | Look, you see a hospital and you think “care, hope, life.” | 听着 当你看见医院 你会想到“关爱 希望 生命” |
[16:06] | And it is all of that. | 也的确如此 |
[16:07] | But I get within 100 feet of one of these places and every soul that’s passed | 但是当我走到这些地方的一百英尺以内 |
[16:11] | within the last 24 hours and is still roaming the halls thinks, | 每个在过去24小时内死去的灵魂 在走廊中飘荡着会想 |
[16:15] | “Oh, great, there’s a medium on the floor.” | 噢 太好了 这里有个灵媒 |
[16:16] | “One last chance to tell Aunt Tilly that the will’s in the closet.” | 这是告诉Tilly阿姨 遗嘱在壁橱的最后机会了 |
[16:20] | Okay, but I still don’t get… | OK 但我还是不明白… |
[16:22] | When they realize I can’t hear them, they tend to leave me alone. | 当他们发现我听不见时 他们就不会烦我了 |
[16:44] | I want to prepare you. | 我希望你做好心理准备 |
[16:46] | She’s burned over 30 percent of her body. | 她全身有百分之30的地方烧伤 |
[16:48] | Been in a coma for three weeks. | 已经昏迷三个礼拜了 |
[16:49] | Her prognosis for survival is slim, but there’s still plenty of brain wave activity. | 预测她存活的机会渺茫 但她的还有很多脑电波活动 |
[16:53] | Okay, I want to prepare you. | OK 我希望你也做好心理准备 |
[16:55] | I’ve never tried to get something off of someone in a coma before. | 我还从来没试过从昏迷的人那里询问信息 |
[16:58] | – I mean, I’ll do the best I can. – That’s all I’m asking. | – 我的意思是我只能尽力而为 – 那就足够了 |
[17:36] | Would you like to hold her hand? | 你想握住她的手吗? |
[17:39] | Oh? May I? | 哦? 我可以吗? |
[17:40] | Sure. | 当然可以 |
[17:53] | Hey, how are you feeling? | 嘿 你觉得怎么样? |
[17:58] | Wow. | 哇噢 |
[18:01] | I took her hand and suddenly everything just went black. | 我握住了她的手忽然间周围一片漆黑 |
[18:05] | I don’t know if it was fear or… | 我不知道这是因为恐惧还是… |
[18:09] | anger or some amazing kind of rage. | 怒气还是一种惊人的愤怒 |
[18:14] | Well, I suppose I’d feel all that, too, | 我觉得我也会有这种感觉 |
[18:16] | if I knew that my spouse had tried to burn me and my child to death. | 如果我知道我的另一半想把我和孩子烧死 |
[18:21] | Did she see him? | 她看见他了吗? |
[18:22] | Did she see anyone set that fire? | 她看见有人放火了吗? |
[18:26] | That’s what I’m trying to tell you, | 这就是我想告诉你的 |
[18:29] | all I saw, all she showed me was black. | 我看到的 她给我看见的只有一片漆黑 |
[18:33] | I got to go get my kids. | 我得去接孩子们了 |
[18:36] | Who told you that? I didn’t hear that. | 谁告诉你的? 我没听到 |
[18:41] | Mike? | |
[18:46] | Michael, I’m home with the girls. | Michael 我和孩子们回来了 |
[18:49] | You guys… here, take your sister, go change her. | 你们… 来 带上你妹妹 去帮她换衣服 |
[18:52] | – Go. – Come on. Bridge, quick. | – 快 – 快点 Bridge 快点 |
[18:54] | Michael. | |
[18:55] | What are you watching? | 你在看什么呢? |
[19:21] | – Ally. – I just brought the girls home from school. | – 我刚把孩子们从学校带回来 |
[19:24] | Little Oral Annie? | 可爱的口交 Annie? |
[19:27] | I guess you were right, | 我猜你是对的 |
[19:28] | it’s not a kid’s movie. | 这电影儿童不宜 |
[19:32] | Want a beer? | 来瓶啤酒吗? |
[19:34] | I’m sorry. | 抱歉 |
[19:36] | You sure you want to go into business with this numskull? | 你确定你想和这个笨蛋一起做生意吗? |
[19:39] | What, are you kidding me? | 什么 你在跟我开玩笑吗? |
[19:40] | See, I think you know your little brother, but I’m telling you, you don’t. | 你看 我以为你了解你的弟弟 但是我告诉你 你并不 |
[19:43] | This guy’s a born leader. Now, our sergeant, he was in charge, | 这家伙是一个天生的领导者 我们的军士虽然曾经领导我们 |
[19:46] | – but he wasn’t the guy people listened to. – Knock it off. | – 但大家都不听他的 – 别再说了 |
[19:48] | He wasn’t the guy whose word you depended on, you know what I’m saying? | 他说的话你不能相信 你知道我在说什么吗? |
[19:50] | – Tommy, leave it alone. – I’m not saying anything against the guy, God rest his soul. | – Tommy 别说了 – 我没说任何针对这个人的话 愿上帝保佑他 |
[19:54] | I’m just saying that when the chips were down and the sides were taken, | 我只是说当我们下了赌注 大家都作了自己的选择 |
[19:57] | – Tommy… – I knew I could count on Lucky… | – 我知道我能指望Lucky… |
[19:59] | Hey! Tommy! | 嘿 Tommy |
[20:05] | Shut up, man. | 闭嘴 老兄 |
[20:14] | Got to drain the snake. | 得去小便了 |
[20:15] | Bridgette. | |
[20:17] | Come here, baby. | 过来这里 宝贝 |
[20:18] | Did you meet Tommy? This is Uncle Michael’s friend, Tommy. | 你见过Tommy吗? 这是Michael舅舅的朋友 Tommy |
[20:25] | At ease, soldier. | 稍息 士兵 |
[20:26] | Hey, mister, did you ever kill someone? | 嘿 先生 你杀过人吗? |
[20:29] | Bridgette! | |
[20:30] | I’m sorry. She’s in first grade… | 对不起 她才一年级… |
[20:32] | Don’t worry about it. That’s okay. | 别担心 没关系的 |
[20:33] | Come here, sweetie. | 过来 甜心 |
[20:35] | I’ll tell you what. | 我告诉你 |
[20:37] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[20:38] | I shot a few, I guess, but… | 我猜我大概杀了几个 但是… |
[20:41] | that was only ’cause they were shooting at me. | 那只是因为他们对我开了枪… |
[20:51] | Hey, you okay? | 嘿 你还好吧? |
[20:53] | I’m fine. I’m fine. | 我没事 我没事 |
[20:55] | Bridgette, come on. Let’s go do your homework. | Bridgette 过来 我们去做功课 |
[20:58] | Get rid of that. | 把那个扔掉 |
[21:00] | He’s a soldier, Allison. | 他是一名士兵 Allison |
[21:01] | Killing is what soldiers do. | 士兵要做的就是杀人 |
[21:03] | I mean, I actually thought the guy was sort of a positive influence. | 我的意思是 我还认为这个家伙 是一个正面影响 |
[21:06] | No. I know, I thought so, too. | 不 我知道的 我也这么认为 |
[21:07] | It’s just there’s something about the way that they are together. | 只是他们在一起的样子有点怪 |
[21:11] | Wait. Shh! | 等等 嘘 |
[21:14] | Do you hear that? Is that the TV? | 你听到了吗? 那是电视的声音吗? |
[21:17] | He’s gonna wake the girls. | 他会把孩子们吵醒的 |
[21:19] | Allison, what are you talking about? | Allison 你在说什么? |
[21:25] | Michael…? | |
[21:27] | Michael. | |
[21:42] | Hey, Sis. | 嘿 姐姐 |
[21:43] | What’s going on? | 发生了什么事? |
[21:46] | What do you mean? | 你指什么? |
[21:48] | I heard a voice. | 我听到了一个声音 |
[21:52] | I don’t know what you’re talking about. | 我不知道你在说些什么 |
[21:53] | A voice. A man’s voice. And it wasn’t your voice. | 一个声音 一个男人的声音 而且不是你的声音 |
[21:57] | And it was very agitated. | 而且那个声音听起来很愤怒 |
[22:01] | Well, I don’t know what to tell you. | 嗯 我不知道该跟你说什么 |
[22:06] | I’m the only one in here. | 这里只有我一个人 |
[22:08] | Yeah… | 是吗… |
[22:13] | Well, it sounded like he was talking to you. | 听起来好像他是在跟你说话 |
[22:17] | But if I’m the only one here… | 但是如果只有我一个人在这里… |
[22:21] | Right. | 没错 |
[22:24] | Of course. | 当然 |
[22:35] | Sometimes this makes it easier to sleep. | 有时这让我更容易入睡 |
[22:40] | You think so? | 你这么认为的? |
[22:52] | Hmm, I’m feeling sleepier already. | 嗯 我已经开始觉得困了 |
[22:58] | Now you want to get out of here so I can get some rest or what? | 你现在是否要离开这里让我休息呢? |
[23:06] | Right. | 好吧 |
[23:19] | I’ll see you in the morning. | 明天早上见 |
[23:54] | Would you like to see our school? | 你想参观我们的学校吗? |
[24:00] | It was her idea. | 这是她的主意 |
[24:05] | One more time. | 再一次 |
[24:07] | Soft… | 轻轻的… |
[24:10] | slow. | 慢慢的 |
[24:13] | Mom is driving us to school. | 妈妈开车送我们去学校 |
[24:16] | Want to come? | 想来吗? |
[24:19] | That was nice of you to do that. | 你愿意来真好 |
[24:21] | It meant a lot to the girls. | 这对孩子们来说很有意味 |
[24:24] | I got to pee so bad I can taste it. | 我尿急得都快憋不住了 |
[24:28] | I kind of like it. | 我有点喜欢这样 |
[24:32] | Is that beer in Bridgette’s cup? | Bridgette 的杯子里是啤酒吗? |
[24:35] | That’s beer, isn’t it? | 是啤酒 对吗? |
[24:43] | You got to be kidding me. | 你简直是在跟我开玩笑 |
[24:44] | Get rid of it now. | 现在就把它解决了 |
[24:47] | Fine. | 好吧 |
[25:04] | Where are we headed, anyways? | 我们到底去哪? |
[25:05] | One little stop– something I have to do for work. | 顺便停一下 我必须做一件跟工作有关的事 |
[25:18] | Wait. Did you do this? | 等等 是你做的吗? |
[25:21] | Kowabunga! You’re a pyromaniac. | 我的天哪! 你是个纵火狂 |
[25:24] | Wait here a second, will you? | 在这儿等等 行吗? |
[25:27] | Nice job, sis. | 干得好 姐姐 |
[25:43] | I was hoping I would find you here. | 我盼望会在这里找到你 |
[25:45] | I wanted to ask you about that night, about the fire. | 我想问问你 关于那晚 关于那场火 |
[25:49] | I wanted to ask you if you maybe saw something. | 我想问你或许有没有看见什么 |
[25:52] | Maybe who might have set it. | 或许是谁放的火 |
[25:58] | Honey… it’s important that we know the truth. | 亲爱的 我们一定要知道真相 这很重要 |
[26:02] | Even if the truth involves someone we love. | 即使真相牵涉到我们所爱的人 |
[26:07] | I’m guessing you did see. | 我猜你一定看见了 |
[26:09] | And I’m guessing it was someone you knew. | 而且我认为猜你认识那个人的 |
[26:13] | Was it your father? | 是你的爸爸吗? |
[26:16] | – Hey! My teeth are floating… – Diedre! | – 嘿 我的牙齿等得都松了 |
[26:19] | Diedre! | |
[26:22] | Wait! | 等等! |
[26:24] | Diedre! | |
[26:26] | Diedre! | |
[26:35] | Hey! | 嘿! |
[26:38] | What are you doing? | 你在做什么? |
[26:40] | Trying not to wet my pants. | 试着不要尿裤子 |
[26:41] | No. Who are you making faces at? | 不 你在跟谁做鬼脸? |
[26:43] | I’m not making faces; this is what I look like when my bladder’s about to explode. | 我没在做鬼脸 这是我膀胱快要爆炸时的模样 |
[26:48] | You see her, don’t you? | 你看见她了 对吗 |
[26:49] | – See who? – That little girl. | – 看见谁? – 那个小女孩 |
[26:51] | I’m guessing she’s up in her room standing by the window? | 我猜她在她的房间里靠窗站着? |
[26:56] | Hey… sis, there’s nothing there. | 嘿… 姐姐 那里什么也没有 |
[27:00] | Don’t play with me, Michael. | 别跟我玩了 Michael |
[27:01] | A little girl died in this house. | 一个小女孩死在这屋子里 |
[27:03] | Her mother’s still in a coma. | 她的妈妈仍处于昏迷状态 |
[27:05] | And the fire that did it, it was intentionally set. | 而引起这一切的那场火是蓄意的 |
[27:07] | The police believe the husband was responsible, | 警方相信是丈夫做的 |
[27:09] | but they’re having a hard time proving it. | 但是他们很难证明这点 |
[27:11] | Okay. | |
[27:12] | I work for the District Attorney’s Office. | 我在地方法院检察官办公室工作 |
[27:13] | I help them with cases, difficult cases, | 我帮助他们破案 疑难案件 |
[27:15] | cases that can’t be solved by conventional means. | 用普通的方法不能解决的案子 |
[27:19] | I can see things that other people can’t. | 我可以看见其他人看不见的东西 |
[27:23] | – You can “see” things? – That’s right. | – 你能”看见”东西? – 对 |
[27:26] | Oh, so that’s what the kid meant by a “guesser,” huh? | 噢 这就是那孩子所说的”猜想者”吧? |
[27:33] | So… | 那么… |
[27:35] | how’s my surf shop gonna do? | 我的冲浪用品店生意会怎么样? |
[27:38] | Oh, no, I’m sorry, I’m sorry. | 噢 不 对不起 我很抱歉 |
[27:40] | I… I guess I should take this more seriously. | 我… 我想我应该更严肃点 |
[27:43] | You really don’t want to have this conversation, huh, Michael? | 你真的不想谈这个吧 Michael? |
[27:45] | What conversation? | 谈什么? |
[27:46] | – You saw that little girl. – I didn’t see anything! | – 你看见那个小女孩了 – 我什么也没看到 |
[27:48] | And the other night you heard that man screaming at you. | 还有那天晚上你听到那个男人冲你怒吼 |
[27:51] | What I have, you have. | 我所拥有的 你也拥有 |
[27:53] | What I have, you have. | 我所拥有的 你也拥有 |
[27:55] | That’s really sweet. | 这可真让人感动 |
[27:57] | And, you know, if it were blue eyes or a weakness for fried foods, I’d be tickled. | 你知道 如果是双蓝眼睛 或者吃油炸食物的弱点 我会很高兴的 |
[28:00] | But you know something, I have to draw the line at psychosis. | 但你知道吗 精神病这个我可不要 |
[28:02] | You’re on your own there, sis. | 你得靠自己 姐姐 |
[28:04] | – No, I’m not. – Yes, you are. | – 不 我不用 – 是的 你必须 |
[28:06] | Michael, your nickname is “Lucky” because you can see things before they happen, right? | Michael 你的绰号是Lucky 因为你可以在事情发生前先看到 对吗? |
[28:11] | That must be a very valuable talent in a war zone. | 这在战场上真是一种不可多得的才华 |
[28:14] | Sorry, sis, I’ve seen way too much real life to believe in any of this mumbo jumbo. | 抱歉 姐姐 我已经见过太多现实生活 不会相信这些胡说八道 |
[28:19] | Oh, really? | 噢 真的吗? |
[28:20] | Yeah. Really. | 没错 是真的 |
[28:22] | You’re half right. | 你其实说对了一半 |
[28:24] | I’ve said a couple things that turned out true, | 我确实预言过一些后来变成现实的事 |
[28:26] | but that’s not so hard when all someone’s asking is, | 但那并没有什么的当大家只是问 |
[28:29] | “Are we gonna live or are we gonna die today?” | “我们今天是会活下去还是会死?” |
[28:31] | You’re bound to be half right– | 你总会有一半说对的机会 |
[28:33] | and if I’m wrong, there’s not gonna be anyone around to prove it. | 而且如果我说错了 也不会有人活下来证明这点 |
[28:36] | You want to know what I believe in? | 也不会有人活下来证明这点 |
[28:38] | I believe in percentages. | 我相信百分比 |
[28:40] | Now, does that make me psychic? | 这就能表示我是一个灵媒吗? |
[28:43] | Me? | 我? |
[28:48] | I say the wife did it. | 我认为是妻子放的火 |
[28:50] | And, hell, I got a 50/50 shot of being right. | 而且 我还有一半正确的机会 |
[28:57] | Yeah? | 谁? |
[28:58] | Specialists Lehane and Benoit requesting permission to enter, sir. | 特种兵Lehane还有Benoit 请求批准进入 长官 |
[29:00] | Come on in. | 进来 |
[29:07] | Hey, Sarge, uh, Lucky and me were wondering | 嘿 中士 我和Lucky在想 |
[29:10] | if we could talk to you about those orders for tomorrow? | 可以跟你谈谈关于明天要执行的任务吗? |
[29:11] | What about them? | 任务怎么了? |
[29:13] | Well, sir, it seems that, uh, Lucky here has had… | 嗯 长官 呃 Lucky有点… |
[29:15] | one of his feelings. | 他的那些预感 |
[29:18] | You guys are kidding me with this stuff, right? | 你们在跟我开玩笑 对吗? |
[29:21] | No, sir. | 没有 长官 |
[29:22] | This man’s intoxicated. | 这人喝醉了 |
[29:25] | Hey, come on, man, pull yourself together. | 喂 快点 兄弟 振作起来 |
[29:26] | Tell the sergeant what you saw. | 告诉长官你看到了什么 |
[29:29] | Um, I don’t know, Sarge, | 嗯 我也不太清楚 中士 |
[29:31] | we’re standing in the middle of this Afghan village, | 我们站在一个阿富汗村子里 |
[29:35] | and I’m talking to my sister… | 我在跟我姐姐说话… |
[29:37] | What? Your sister lives in an Afghan village? | 什么? 你姐姐住在一个阿富汗村庄里? |
[29:41] | No, man, you’re explaining it all wrong. | 不 老兄 你完全解释错了 |
[29:43] | We get to that village, ‘kay? | 我们到达了那个村庄 OK? |
[29:45] | Sometime during the day, the enemy’s gonna start hitting us with mortars, all right? | 白天的某个时候 敌人会开始 用迫机炮袭击我们 知道吗? |
[29:50] | And according to Lucky… | 而且 根据 Lucky 所说… |
[29:52] | none of us survive. | 我们谁也不会生还 |
[29:55] | Really? | 真的吗? |
[29:56] | Yes, sir. | 是的 长官 |
[29:57] | But he doesn’t look worried. | 但他看起来并不担心 |
[29:59] | You worried, soldier? | 你担心吗? 士兵? |
[30:02] | Is there somewhere that I could sit down? | 有地方可以让我坐下来的吗? |
[30:04] | Oh, man. Come on. | 噢 老兄 拜托 |
[30:11] | Look, Sarge, I know he’s a sloppy drunk, okay? | 听着 中士 我知道他是一个邋遢的酒鬼 OK? |
[30:15] | But I’ve been with the guy eight months, and I’m telling you, | 但是我跟他在一起八个月了 我可以告诉你 |
[30:17] | when he tells you something’s gonna to happen… | 当他告诉你将会发生什么事… |
[30:19] | What are we talking about here, huh? | 我们到底在说些什么呢 啊? |
[30:21] | Winning card games? Flipping quarters? | 赢牌局? 扔硬币? |
[30:24] | We’re in a war here, mister. | 我们现在在战场上 先生 |
[30:26] | You seriously expect me to disobey or disregard an order because some alcoholic | 你真的认为我会违背命令或无视任务 就因为某个酒鬼 |
[30:30] | told you we’re all gonna die? | 告诉你我们全都会死? |
[30:33] | That guy’s a world-class screw-up. | 他可是个世界级的无用之人 |
[30:35] | Been in this man’s army eight years and can’t rise above specialist. | 在军中里待了8年到现在还是特种兵 |
[30:38] | But you… | 但是你… |
[30:40] | you ain’t barely been in a year– | 你来了还不到一年 |
[30:42] | you’re going home in three weeks, brother– | 你再过三个星期就要回去了 兄弟 |
[30:44] | and you’d risk a dishonorable ’cause along with pink elephants, | 你会因为这个酒鬼告诉你他看到幻像 |
[30:47] | the town drunk here told you he saw a vision? | 而破坏你的荣耀吗? |
[30:50] | Get out of here before I throw your cowardly ass in the stockade. | 快出去 否则我就把你们两个人扔进军事监狱 |
[30:58] | Sir, don’t you think we could just maybe… | 长官 你不认为我们也许可以… |
[31:01] | just get lost, you know, maybe… show up a day late? | 迷路了 你知道 也许… 迟一天到那里? |
[31:04] | And be sure and take your trash with you when you go. | 你们走时把你们的垃圾行李都带走 |
[31:10] | Yes, Sir. | 是 长官 |
[31:14] | Come on, man, get up! | 来吧 老兄 站起来 |
[31:17] | Wait a second. | 等等 |
[31:22] | Just arrived from H.Q. | 刚从总部送过来的 |
[31:24] | When we get where we’re going tomorrow, you two lovebirds can make a tape, | 我们到达明天要去的地方时 你们这对恩爱夫妻… |
[31:27] | let your families see that you cowards are safe and sound. | 可以让你们的家人看看 你们这些懦夫非常安全健康 |
[31:30] | – Now, get your asses out of here. – Hey. Look at that. | – 现在 赶快给我滚出去 – 嘿 你看那个 |
[31:33] | I said get your sorry asses out of here. | 我说了让你们赶快滚 |
[31:35] | You two are the sorriest excuses for soldiers that I’ve ever had the misfortune of knowing, | 你们两个是我见过的士兵中最可悲的 |
[31:40] | and let me tell you something, Mr. “why-don’t-we-all-just-show-up- | 让我告诉你 |
[31:43] | a-day-late-or-maybe-not-at-all…” | “我们何不迟一天到或干脆不要去”先生 |
[31:46] | I’m pleading with you, soldier. | 我求你了 小兵 |
[31:48] | You can’t let my little boy grow up thinking his daddy was a coward, | 你不能让我的儿子长大后 以为他爸爸是个懦夫 |
[31:52] | that his daddy killed himself. | 认为他爸爸是自杀的 |
[31:54] | You can’t go to that memorial tomorrow | 明天你去那个悼念仪式不能 |
[31:56] | and let those people walk away thinking I did this to myself. | 让人们误会我是这么对待自己的 |
[32:00] | I did not spend 14 years serving my country | 我为我的国家打了14年仗 |
[32:03] | to have all that I accomplished undone by a drunken clown and his cowardly friend! | 不是为了被一个酒鬼和他的懦夫朋友 破坏我的成就的 |
[32:10] | Damn it, soldier, open your eyes! | 见鬼 小兵 张开你的眼睛 |
[32:12] | Look at me. | 看着我 |
[32:26] | You can see me, can’t you? | 你能看见我 对吗? |
[32:29] | And you can hear me, too. | 而且你还能听见我说话 |
[32:48] | It’s 6:20 in the morning. | 现在是早上6:20 |
[32:49] | You’re up early. | 你早起了 |
[32:50] | Michael, that man’s family thinks he killed himself. | Michael 那个人的家里人认为他是自杀的 |
[32:55] | He was here last night. | 他昨晚就在这里 |
[32:57] | I spoke to him. | 我跟他说过话 |
[33:00] | I know what happened. | 我知道发生了什么事 |
[33:01] | Really? | 真的吗? |
[33:03] | Hey, Sis, you don’t know anything, | 嘿 姐姐 你什么也不知道 |
[33:06] | and for that matter, neither do I, | 而就此而言 我也什么都不知道 |
[33:09] | and for everybody’s sake, I say we just leave it that way. | 为大家好 我说我们就这样算了 |
[33:12] | You have to tell them the truth. | 你必须告诉他们真相 |
[33:14] | The truth? | 真相? |
[33:15] | The truth is, far all I know, he blew his brains out. | 真相就是 据我所知 他开枪打穿了脑袋 |
[33:18] | The truth is, he was just as terrified of going on that mission as we were. The truth… | 真相是 他和我们一样害怕执行那次任务 真相是… |
[33:25] | I told him not to ring the bell. | 我让他别按门铃的 |
[33:29] | I’ll get it. | 我去开门 |
[33:36] | He’s in the kitchen. | 他在厨房里 |
[33:38] | Tell him I’ll be back in a minute. I’m going to go throw on some clothes. | 告诉他我马上就回来 我去穿点衣服 |
[33:45] | Hey. | 嘿 |
[33:47] | What’s with your sister? She, uh… she’s not a morning person, huh? | 你姐姐怎么了? 她 嗯… 不喜欢起早吧? |
[33:54] | You didn’t tell her anything, did you? | 你没有对她说什么吧? |
[33:56] | About what? | 关于什么? |
[33:58] | Anything. | 所有一切 |
[33:59] | About what you know, about what a person might suspect. | 关于你所知道的 关于人们会起疑的事 |
[34:04] | No. | 没有 |
[34:06] | It’s just hard lookin’ her in the eye is all. | 只是很难正视她的眼睛 |
[34:10] | It’s gonna be the same this morning with the sergeant’s family, you know? | 今天早上见到军士家人也会这样的 你知道吗? |
[34:14] | Uh, no, I don’t know, Mike. | 噢 不 我不知道 Mike |
[34:21] | You listen to me. | 你听我说 |
[34:24] | Now, for all the times that we coulda ended up caught, or hurt, or dead, | 我们每次要被抓 或受伤 甚至死亡 |
[34:29] | but we came through because of whatever you dreamt, or what you saw? | 我们都能化险为夷就因为你梦到或者看到的东西? |
[34:33] | I owe you, okay? | 我欠你的 OK? |
[34:37] | But now you owe me, | 但是现在你欠我的 |
[34:40] | ’cause I’m saving your life. | 因为我正在拯救你的人生 |
[34:43] | Here. Right now. | 就在这里 现在 |
[34:46] | See, without this plan, without this business we’re gonna do together– | 听着 没有这个计划 没有这个我们将要合作的生意 |
[34:49] | you have nothing, and you know it. | 你什么也没有 你也是知道的 |
[34:52] | You can’t function, you can’t hold down a job, you can’t… | 你不能正常活动 你不能保住工作 你不能… |
[34:55] | you can’t live like a normal person. Look at you. | 你不能象正常人一样生活 看看你 |
[34:59] | Pathetic. | 真可悲 |
[35:00] | You’re right. | 你是对的 |
[35:02] | I owe you. | 我欠你的 |
[35:03] | You’re damn right. | 你太对了 |
[35:06] | So I’m changing the plan. I’m gonna go to the memorial by myself. | 所以我改变计划了 我自己去追悼仪式 |
[35:09] | You’re gonna stay here, and after it’s all done, then we’ll… sunny California. | 你会留在这里 所有事都完了之后 我们就… 阳光灿烂的加州 |
[35:13] | No. Can’t. I can’t do that. I gotta go to the memorial. | 不 不行 我不能那么做 我会去追悼仪式的 |
[35:16] | – No, no, you don’t. – Yes, I do. | – 不 不 你不要去 – 我会去的 |
[35:18] | No. Now, listen to me. | 不 现在你听我说 |
[35:20] | That’ll only mess you up, Mike. | 那只会让你更混乱的 Mike |
[35:23] | Mike, you gotta… you gotta learn to stay away from the things that hurt you. | Mike 你必须… 你必须学会远离那些伤害你的事情 |
[35:30] | I mean, what are you, a pain freak? Huh? | 我的意思是 你是什么人? 痛苦上瘾的疯子? 啊? |
[35:32] | You just wanna feel bad? | 你就想感觉难过点吗 |
[35:38] | Now, come on. | 来吧 |
[35:39] | Come on. Sit down. | 来吧 坐下 |
[35:43] | I’ll go to the memorial, pay our respects. | 我会去悼念仪式 表达我们的敬意 |
[35:47] | And hey, don’t… nobody’s gonna think badly of you for not coming down there. | 嘿 不要… 没有人会因为你不去而认为你不对的 |
[35:51] | Just… everybody handles grief in their own way. | 只是… 每个人都有自己处理悲伤的方式 |
[35:56] | Right? | 对吗? |
[35:57] | Okay. | |
[35:59] | Hey. | 嘿 |
[36:09] | You need a beer? | 来瓶啤酒吗? |
[36:12] | No. I’m okay. | 不 我没事 |
[36:35] | I heard the front door. | 我听见了前门的声音 |
[36:37] | Tommy left. | Tommy 走了 |
[36:40] | He’s gonna go without me. Um… | 他不要我跟着去 嗯… |
[36:44] | I don’t know if I can handle it. | 我不知道我会不会处理 |
[36:46] | You’re kidding yourself. | 你在跟自己开玩笑 |
[36:48] | You think skipping the funeral’s going to put an end to it? | 你认为不去葬礼 这事就可以了结了吗 ? |
[36:51] | Michael. | |
[36:52] | There is not enough beer in the world to drown out what you know. | 全世界的啤酒都不够淹没你所知道的 |
[36:56] | There aren’t headphones tight enough. There isn’t music loud enough. | 耳机再紧也没有 音乐再大声也没有 |
[36:59] | I don’t know anything! | 我什么也不知道 |
[37:01] | That’s a bunch of crap. | 你在说废话 |
[37:03] | Michael! | |
[37:04] | You told Tommy what was going to happen. | 你告诉Tommy将会发生什么 |
[37:06] | You told him about your dream, | 你告诉了他你的梦 |
[37:08] | and when the sergeant wouldn’t abort the mission, | 而当军士拒绝放弃任务时 |
[37:11] | Tommy killed him. | Tommy杀了他 |
[37:13] | – I don’t know that. – Oh, yeah, you do, | – 我不知道那个事 – 噢 是的 你知道的 |
[37:14] | and so does your sergeant, and I am here to tell you, | 你的军士也知道 我在这里告诉你 |
[37:17] | the rest of your life is gonna be like A Christmas Carol, | 你的余生将会像圣诞节颂歌一样 |
[37:20] | except without the happy ending. | 除了没有幸福的结局 |
[37:22] | No, you just get to keep seeing ghosts at the end of your bed, | 不 你就会一直看到鬼魂在床头游荡 |
[37:25] | and you want to know why? | 你想知道为什么吗? |
[37:28] | Not cause you have a gift, | 并不是因为你有天分 |
[37:31] | but because you have a conscience. | 而是因为你有良知 |
[37:50] | Excuse me, ma’am. | 对不起 太太 |
[37:52] | I just wanted to let you know that he was a good man, your husband. | 我只是想让你知道 他是一个好人 你的老公 |
[37:56] | We were all very proud to serve with him. | 跟他一起为国家效力 我们都觉得十分光荣 |
[38:00] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[38:02] | Save me a seat, will you? | 帮我留个位子 行吗? |
[38:10] | I thought we agreed you being here wasn’t such a good idea. | 我们不是已经打成共识认为 你来这里并非明智之举了吗? |
[38:12] | I changed my mind. | 我改变主意了 |
[38:16] | Don’t go doing something you’ll regret. | 别做你会后悔的事情 |
[38:18] | His family deserves to know the truth. | 他的家里人应该知道真相 |
[38:20] | The truth? I’ll tell you the truth. | 真相吗? 我告诉你真相是什么 |
[38:22] | The truth is, you, me and half the guys in there’d be dead right now if it wasn’t for me– | 真相就是 你 我 还有那里面一半的人 现在已经死了 要不是我… |
[38:26] | if I hadn’t had the guts to do what had to be done. | 要不是我有胆量去做必须有人做的事情 |
[38:29] | And u know what else? He wouldn’t’ve made it either. | 而且你知道吗? 就算我不杀他 他也不能活着回来 |
[38:32] | Sarge was a goner no matter what happened. | 所以不论发生什么 军士都注定会死 |
[38:34] | So you tell me, what the hell difference does the truth make, huh? | 所以你告诉我 他们知不知道真相又有什么区别 啊? |
[38:37] | What difference does it make? Hey! | 有什么区别呢? 嘿 |
[38:39] | You go in there, it’s over. You hear me? | 你走进去 一切就全玩完了 你听见我说什么了吗? |
[38:42] | Without me, you got nothing. | 没有我 你什么都没有 |
[38:44] | No California, no surf shop. | 没有加州 也没有冲浪铺 |
[38:47] | All you got is a little couch to sleep on | 你所拥有的只有可以躺着睡觉的沙发 |
[38:49] | until your sister gets so sick of your sorry ass she throws you out. | 直到你姐姐厌烦你了把你赶出去 |
[38:54] | Yeah, now, you think about that, Michael. Hmm? | 没错 现在你好好想想 Michael 啊? |
[38:57] | You think about that long and hard before you go in there and do something stupid. | 在你进去做一些蠢事之前 你好好地慢慢想清楚 |
[39:10] | You’re a loser, Michael. | 你是一个失败者 Michael |
[39:12] | You’re a loser, and you always will be. | 你是一个失败者 永远都是 |
[39:15] | You think this changes anything? Huh? | 你认为这会改变任何事吗? |
[39:18] | Makes you a hero? | 让你成为一个英雄吗? |
[39:20] | I’m no hero, Tommy. | 我不是英雄 Tommy |
[39:23] | I’m just a guy I want to keep from going crazy. | 我只是一个不想让自己发疯的人 |
[39:53] | Better sit down. You’re not gonna believe this. | 你最好先坐下来 你不会相信这个事情的 |
[39:56] | I’m at the hospital, right? | 我在医院里 对吗? |
[39:57] | Please don’t ask me to go down there. You know how that turned out. | 拜托你别再叫我去那里了 你知道上次发生什么事的 |
[40:00] | No need. | 不需要 |
[40:02] | The wife regained consciousness. Just got her statement. | 那个妻子恢复意识了 刚得到她的供词 |
[40:04] | It turns out you were right. | 你是对的 |
[40:05] | The husband was having an affair with his assistant. | 她老公和助手确实有一手 |
[40:08] | So he set the fire? | 那是他放的火? |
[40:09] | You’re stepping on my punch line. | 你说到了我要告诉你的关键 |
[40:12] | He tells her he wants out of the marriage. | 他告诉她他想离婚 |
[40:14] | Wife says fine, but she’s taking the house and kid– | 妻子说好 但是她要带走房子和孩子 |
[40:16] | only she didn’t mean taking as in divorce-settlement taking. | 只是她说的带走不是通过离婚协议带走 |
[40:20] | She meant taking as in where-I’m-going-you-can’t-follow taking. | 她所说的带走是带走到 我能去你不能跟着去的地方 |
[40:26] | So I gave the Army investigator your number. | 我给了军队调查员你的号码 |
[40:29] | I mean, if they want to interview me again or they need me to testify. | 我是说如果他们还要再跟我谈话 或者他们需要我做证 |
[40:33] | I told them you know where to find me. | 我告诉他们你知道在哪里能找到我 |
[40:34] | Okay, but why go anywhere at all? I mean, what’s in California for you now? | OK 但你为什么要去别的地方? 我是说现在在加州还有什么等着你吗? |
[40:38] | You mean since I outed my financial backer as a murderer? | 你是说因为我告发了我的资金后盾是杀人犯吗? |
[40:42] | I really don’t know. | 我真的不知道 |
[40:45] | I’ll figure something out. | 我会想到办法的 |
[40:46] | Well, figure it out here. | 你可以在这里想 |
[40:48] | “Here” is a nice place to visit. | “这里”是一个探访的好地方 |
[40:52] | “Here” is a good place to come back to. | “这里”也是一个回来的好地方 |
[40:55] | “There’s…” | “那里…” |
[40:58] | a good place to start again. | 是一个可以重新开始的好地方 |
[40:59] | “There’s” a good place to… | “那里” 是一个从零开始… |
[41:03] | be new. | 的好地方 |
[41:05] | You better call me. Okay? | 你最好给我打电话 OK? |
[41:07] | I promise. | 我保证 |
[41:12] | Allison. | |
[41:15] | Next bus doesn’t leave until tomorrow. | 下班车要到明天才有 |
[41:17] | Okay. | |
[41:21] | Hey! I almost forgot. | 嘿 我差点忘了 |
[41:24] | You were right. | 你是对的 |
[41:26] | What else is new? | 还有什么新鲜事吗? |
[41:27] | About what? | 关于什么的? |
[41:28] | That house I took you to. | 我带你去的那个房子 |
[41:30] | The briquette? | 被烧掉的那个? |
[41:32] | The wife started the fire. | 是那个妻子放的火 |
[41:33] | 50-50 shot, just like I told you, right? | 一半一半的机会 我告诉过你 对吗? |
[41:35] | Just like you told me. | 就像你告诉我的那样 |
[41:37] | – Love you. | – Love you. – 爱你 – 爱你 |
[41:39] | See, I knew you were gonna say that. | 你看 我就知道你会这么说 |
[41:41] | I can see the future. | 我可以看见未来 |
[41:43] | I’m a human marvel. | 我是人类奇迹 “灵媒缉凶第八集” -=结束=- |