时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:03] | Hurry! It’s coming! | 快点,它来了 |
[00:14] | Climb! | 快 |
[00:18] | We’re almost there. | 我们就快到了 |
[00:20] | Can’t make it. | 我不行了 |
[00:22] | Shut up and run! | 闭嘴,快跑 |
[00:55] | You okay? | 你还好吧 |
[00:57] | Yeah, I’m okay. Go on back to sleep. | 嗯,没事。你继续睡吧 |
[00:59] | Was it the one with the train again? | 又是火车的梦么? |
[01:02] | Yeah. | 嗯 |
[01:03] | And now your head aches? | 头又痛了么? |
[01:06] | Yeah. No. I don’t know. I’m just… | 嗯,不。。我不知道。。我只是有点。。 |
[01:08] | I’m gonna go watch some TV and make some potato salad. | 我去看一会电视,做点土豆沙拉。 |
[01:14] | – Potato salad? – Yeah. The cookout. | – 土豆沙拉? – 嗯,野餐的 |
[01:17] | Alan and Kamala’s tomorrow… today. | ALLAN 和KAMALA明天的。。不,今天的 |
[01:21] | Allison… it’s been what? Like two weeks now? | ALLISON。大概。。?两周了吧 |
[01:24] | I don’t know, Joe. Something like that. | 我不知道,JOE 大概吧 |
[01:26] | Every night, it’s the same dream. Every night, you wake up. | 每天都是同一个梦,每晚你都要惊醒 |
[01:29] | You can’t get back to sleep. Every night, I wake up. | 你睡不着。我也睡不着 |
[01:32] | I’m sorry. | 对不起 |
[01:33] | I’m not looking for apologies, sweetie. I’m looking for a solution. I mean, this can’t go on. | 我不是要你到歉,亲爱的。我是想让你解脱。不能再这样下去了。 |
[01:37] | – I told you, I’ll go sleep in the other room. – That’s not a solution. | – 我跟你说过,我可以到另一间房睡 – 那可不是办法 |
[01:40] | Well, it’s the best I can do at 3:44 in the morning. | 可是,这就是我在3:44AM能做的全部啦。 |
[01:43] | Maybe it’s time to get some help. | 也许你应该去看医生 |
[01:44] | Help? | 看医生? |
[01:46] | I don’t know. Maybe there’s somebody out there you can talk to, like a professional, or… | 我不知道,也许你可以去和某人谈一谈,比如一个医学专家。。或。。 |
[01:49] | A psychic shrink? A shrink for psychics? | 心理医生? 精神病专家? |
[01:52] | An abnormal behaviorist for paranormal people? Yeah. | 我是一个变态和非正常人? Yeah |
[01:56] | All right, you’re making fun of me. | 好了,不要取笑我了 |
[01:57] | I don’t think there’s any help for this. | 我不认为那对这有什么帮助 |
[01:58] | To be honest… I’m just… tired. | 老实说。。我只是累了。 |
[02:02] | Then come back to bed. | 那么回到床上 |
[02:04] | I don’t think that’s a good idea. | 我不认为那是个好主意 |
[02:05] | I don’t really care what you think. Bed, woman. | 我才不管你怎么想,上床吧,女士 |
[02:13] | – I’m so exhausted. – Well, close your eyes. | – 我很累了。 – 好了,闭上眼睛 |
[02:20] | What’s the point? | 关键是什么呢? |
[02:21] | Come on, you have to try. | 好了,你总要试一试吧 |
[02:46] | I give up. | 我放弃了 |
[03:34] | That’s absurd. That is an absurd assertion. | 可笑。真是个可笑的推断 |
[03:36] | You’re telling me the drug companies are no longer interested in developing cures? | 你告诉我医药公司对治疗没有兴趣了 |
[03:39] | You think about it. | 你想一想 |
[03:40] | You’re talking about a business whose lifeblood… | 你在说一个生意的生命源泉是… |
[03:42] | you’ll pardon the pun… is sick people. | 你又说这个双关语了…是病人 |
[03:45] | If everyone’s well, then nobody needs drugs. | 如果每个人都是健康的,那么就没人要吃药了 |
[03:48] | That’s why the most forward-thinking drug companies | 这就是为什么大多数有头脑的制药公司 |
[03:51] | are putting their money into developing drugs that treat symptoms. | 一直把钱花在治疗症状上 |
[03:54] | Treat the symptom but don’t cure the illness. | 治标不治本 |
[03:57] | It’s the illness that’s going to keep making you the money down the road. | 疾病才能让你不停的赚钱 |
[04:00] | It’s the illness that’s your bread and butter. | 疾病才是你的面包和黄油 |
[04:02] | Someone’s had enough to drink. | 有人喝醉酒了 |
[04:05] | Would that be me, darling? | 是我么,亲爱的 |
[04:10] | You wanna see something? | 想不想看一点新鲜事? |
[04:11] | Look! | 看 |
[04:13] | What do you think? Are you ready to talk dowry yet? | 你怎么想的,你准备谈一谈天资么? |
[04:16] | They are cute, aren’t they? | 她们很可爱,不是么 |
[04:18] | But I think I’m going to encourage her to play the field till she’s four or five. | 但是在4,5岁之前我不会让她参加比赛的 |
[04:24] | So, how do you think we’re doing? | 那么,你觉得我们现在如何? |
[04:25] | Do you thing the party’s achieved lift-off? | 你觉得这个聚会还不错吧 |
[04:27] | What do you mean? | 你是什么意思 |
[04:29] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[04:31] | My friends from the university and his friends from the lab. | 我的大学朋友和他的实验室朋友 |
[04:33] | I’m just not sure everyone’s mixing too well. | 我不知道他们在一起是否合适 |
[04:36] | Alan? | |
[04:37] | Your wife’s getting anxious. | 你老婆有点担心 |
[04:39] | Stop talking to everybody you see every day at work and go mix. | 不要再说天天工作时看得到的人了 去和其他人一起吧 |
[04:45] | Aye, aye. | 是 |
[04:47] | Thank you… | 谢了 |
[04:52] | How’s your head? | 你的头还好吧 |
[04:54] | Pounding. If I wasn’t so exhausted, I’d shoot myself. | 一直在痛 要不是已经很累了,我一定把自己干掉 |
[05:04] | Wait! | 等一等 |
[05:05] | Excuse me! | 对不起 |
[05:06] | Excuse me. | 对不起 |
[05:08] | Just waiting for the bathroom. | 我只是在等着进洗手间 |
[05:18] | So… what is it exactly that you’re postulating? | 那么,你到底是什么主张呢? |
[05:21] | I’m saying that we are containers for a form of energy– a soul, an essence of being. | 我是说我们人类有一种能量――灵魂,生命的本质 |
[05:27] | And as we all know, energy cannot be destroyed. | 我们都知道,能量是不会消失的 |
[05:30] | So what happens to it when the soul’s container is used up, stops working? | 那么当我们体内的能量用尽会发生什么呢? 停止工作? |
[05:35] | Well, I’m exploring the idea that perhaps it lingers. | 其实,我一直在探索是否这种能量会在空间徘徊 |
[05:40] | At least some of it, anyway. | 至少一部分, |
[05:42] | And I think that there are people that can not only see this energy, | 而且我认为有人不仅能看到这种能量 |
[05:46] | but can communicate with it. | 还能与之交流 |
[05:49] | Now, when we identify people who seem to have this ability– | 现在,我们想找出这些有着这种能力的人 |
[05:52] | and they seem to exist all over the globe– | 而且,似乎全世界都有这样的人 |
[05:55] | we ask them to come to our lab so we can measure their accuracy. | 我们要他们到我们的实验室里,我们可以检验他们 |
[06:01] | Thank you so much. It was so great. | 太谢谢你了,聚会很不错 |
[06:05] | Oh, I’m so sorry. I haven’t been getting any sleep. | 欧,不好意思。我这几天没睡好 |
[06:08] | You poor thing. You seeing anyone? ‘Cause I can… | 你真是可怜。你看了医生么,我可以(帮你)。。。 |
[06:11] | Just a lot of late-night TV. It’ll pass. | 只是晚上看电视看的太晚了,我会好的 |
[06:13] | Hey, when are we going to get these two together again? | 什么时候我们让这两个家伙再聚一聚 |
[06:16] | Have you guys been to Story Time at Burton’s Books? | 你们去过Burton书店的“故事时间”么? |
[06:19] | No, we haven’t. | 不,没有 |
[06:20] | It is so fun. | 那儿很有意思 |
[06:22] | And it’s great ’cause it’s on Monday, when I don’t have class. | 并且也很方便因为我星期一没有课 |
[06:24] | They dress up and they read the kids stories, | 他们化妆后为孩子们读书 |
[06:27] | and then they scream at you until you buy them the books. | 然后孩子们不停的闹,直到你买了书后 |
[06:30] | Oh, it sounds fun. | 欧,好象不错 |
[06:32] | Let’s do it if I’m around. | 要是我在附近的时候会去看看的 |
[06:33] | – Okay. | – Okay. -好的 -好的 |
[06:34] | – Bye, Ray. – Say good-bye. | – 再见 – 说 再见 |
[06:36] | – Bye-bye. – Bye now. | – 再见 – 再见 |
[06:38] | No. I’m not walking up to a total stranger at a party, where anyone can hear, and say, | 不,我不会和一个陌生人在聚会上谈的,那里每个人都会听到你的话 |
[06:43] | “Hey, all that stuff you’re talking about? I do all that stuff in my sleep. | “嗨,你说的我都会再梦里看见” |
[06:45] | And speaking of sleep? I’m having a little problem with a reocurring nightmare. | “而且,谈到梦,我有一个经常做的恶梦” |
[06:49] | Could you maybe help with that?” | “你能帮助我解决么?” |
[06:50] | I wasn’t saying you needed to talk to him right then and there. | 我不是说你就要在那时那地和他说 |
[06:52] | I’m justst saying… if you’re looking for help. | 我只是说,要是你想寻求帮助的话 |
[06:54] | But I’m not looking for help. | 但是我并没寻求帮助 |
[06:55] | And I’m certainly not looking to be a rat in some academic’s maze. | 而且我也不想成为实验室的老鼠。 |
[07:00] | It’s a dream. | 只是一个梦罢了 |
[07:01] | It’ll pass. | 会过去的 |
[07:05] | Yes, you heard me correctly. I’d like to delay the press conference. | 是的。我是这么说的,我要推迟记者会 |
[07:08] | I don’t know– four hours? | 我不知道,4个小时? |
[07:10] | Obviously, I have my reasons. Of course I have my reasons. | 很显然。我有我的理由,我当然有我的理由 |
[07:15] | No. Don’t call back and tell me how much you can get me. | 不,不要打回来和我讨价还价 |
[07:18] | Call me back and tell me you’ve gotten me four hours. | 回话时告诉我你有四小时 |
[07:24] | You feeling all right? | 你还好吧 |
[07:26] | Oh, no, I’m okay. I’m just a little tired. | 嗯,是的我还好,我只是有点累了 |
[07:29] | Well, I’m sorry to call at the last minute, but a situation came up over the weekend. | 那么,我很抱歉怎么晚才通知你,但是又有些事情发生了在周末 |
[07:34] | Do you remember reading about the killing of Councilman Miguel Garcia? | 你记得报纸上关于议员 Miguel Garcia 的谋杀案么? |
[07:37] | Councilman in the ninth district. Grew up here, in fact. | 他在第九大街,事实上,是在这里长大的 |
[07:40] | Great guy. | 不错的家伙 |
[07:41] | Gulf War vet. Got his MBA right here in Arizona. | 获得海湾战争奖章 在Arizona本地读完MBA |
[07:45] | Comes home, runs for office. Wins, obviously. | 回家,竞选,赢了,很明显 |
[07:48] | The only thing is, his district is rife with corruption– drugs, prostitution. | 只是他所在的社区充满了堕落–毒品、卖淫 |
[07:52] | Anything past 5:30 at night and the streets are a war zone. | 5:30后街道变成了战区 |
[07:57] | But he takes over and really starts to put the lid on things. | 但是他接管后,开始整顿这里 |
[08:00] | People are starting to go out again at night, business is beginning to pick up. | 人们又可以晚上出门,商业又兴旺起来 |
[08:04] | Then last July, he’s at a ribbon-cutting ceremony for a new 24-hour market, | 直到去年7月,他去参加一个24小时便利店的开业典礼 |
[08:08] | which the neighborhood really needs. | 正是那里所需的 |
[08:10] | Around 9:30, he’s getting into his car. Pop, pop. | 9:30左右,他正要上车,嘭嘭 |
[08:13] | Two shots to the back of the head. | 两发子弹正中后脑 |
[08:15] | Killer was sitting in the backseat. | 杀手坐在后座 |
[08:17] | – Okay, now I remember this. – Yeah. | – 好了,现在我想起来了. – 嗯 |
[08:19] | Whole district’s been up in arms ever since. | 从那以后整个街区的人竭力反抗 |
[08:22] | They want someone to pay and we have nothing. | 他们要某人对此负责。但我们什么都没有 |
[08:24] | – Nothing? – Well… next to nothing. | – 什么都没有? – 嗯,差不多吧 |
[08:27] | It has all the earmarks of an organized crime hit. But beyond that… | 这个案子是典型的有预谋犯罪,但是除了那以外。。。 |
[08:31] | Then this weekend, the killer turned himself in. | 而本周末,杀手现形了 |
[08:34] | Walked into the police with his attorney and confessed. | 和他的律师一起自首了 |
[08:37] | – Oh, my God, that’s great. – Yeah. | – 欧,上帝呀,太好了 – 嗯 |
[08:39] | Only thing is… | 但是。。 |
[08:41] | he’s 14. | 他只有14岁 |
[08:43] | Nothing would make my life easier than to hand over this kid’s head on a silver platter, | 我无法想象我会用他来换一个奖章 |
[08:47] | but I just don’t believe it. | 但是我就是不相信这些 |
[08:48] | I can’t tell you why, but I just don’t believe it. | 我不能告诉你为什么但我就是不信 |
[08:51] | I was supposed to have a press conference in 20 minutes and announce that we had our man, but… | 我本应该在20分钟后看个记者招待会去宣布这些,但是。。。 |
[08:55] | he’s sitting in the conference room with his lawyer. | 他和他的律师在一起,在会议室 |
[08:58] | I asked for one more interview. | 我又要了一个审问的机会 |
[08:59] | I’ll introduce you as my assistant. You can’t actually ask any questions, | 我会说你是我的助手,你并不能问任何问题。 |
[09:02] | but I’d be very curious to know what you think. | 但我很想知道你怎么想 |
[09:07] | I stole the gun from my cousin. | 我从我表兄那儿偷的枪 |
[09:09] | He kept it in his car for protection. | 他把枪藏在车里为了防身 |
[09:12] | When I was done, I put it back. | 我干完后,我把它放了回去 |
[09:14] | Do you know where the gun is now? | 你知道枪在那儿么 |
[09:16] | I’m sorry. I need you to speak your answer. | 对不起,我需要你说出你的回答 |
[09:19] | No. My cousin’s in prison. | 不。 我表兄在监狱里 |
[09:21] | I don’t know what he did with the gun. | 我不知道他把枪怎么啦 |
[09:25] | Okay. So… let’s review. | 好,那么。我们再看一下 |
[09:28] | You knew who the councilman was. You heard that he was out to clean up the streets, | 你知道议员是谁 你听说他要整顿街道 |
[09:32] | shut down the prostitution, the gambling, the drugs. | 禁止卖淫,赌博,毒品 |
[09:35] | Your older brothers and your cousins all would say how he was making trouble for them, | 你的大哥们和你的表兄都觉得他给他们制造了麻烦 |
[09:39] | so you got it into your head to take care of the problem yourself. | 于是你就有了要自己去解决他的念头 |
[09:43] | Nobody told you what to do. | 没人告诉你怎么做 |
[09:45] | Nobody put you up to it. It was your idea and you… did it. | 没人指使你,是你的主意。。是你干的 |
[09:50] | I need “yes” or “no.” | 对还是错 |
[09:53] | Yes. It was my idea. | 是的。是我的主意 |
[09:56] | Nobody told me to do it. | 没人指使我 |
[10:06] | Well, it’s like I told you on the phone. What brings me here is this dream. | 那么,就像我告诉你的一样,是那个梦把我带到这儿的 |
[10:10] | It’s chronic. | 慢性的 |
[10:12] | All night, every night. I can’t sleep, I can’t function. | 每天晚上,一整晚,我无法如睡,我没法工作 |
[10:14] | And now it’s affecting my work. | 现在她影响到了我的工作 |
[10:17] | And that work, you claim it does make some use of your sensitivities? | 提到工作,你说她是一个使用了你的这种观察能力的工作 |
[10:21] | I told you I’m not allowed to discuss my work. | 我告诉你了我不能讨论我的工作 |
[10:24] | Mm-hm. I respect that. | 嗯,我理解 |
[10:25] | A lot of the research mediums I study work with law enforcement and almost all have to agree | 我研究的许多灵媒人士都和一些法律部门有关系,他们都 |
[10:30] | to some level of confidentiality in their work. | 要求要有一些保密性 |
[10:33] | I’m going to assume that’s the case with you, as well. | 我假设你也是这样的 |
[10:36] | Now, if you don’t mind I’d like to get some biographical data. | 现在,如果你不介意话,我想借用一些数据 |
[10:40] | Again, Dr. Cardwell, I mean no disrespect. | 又来了, Cardwell 医生,我不是想冒犯你 |
[10:43] | I came here in the hopes that you could help me | 我满怀希望的到这儿来是想从你这儿得到帮助的 |
[10:45] | or maybe point me towards someone who could. | 或者你能告诉我去请教谁? |
[10:48] | I honestly have no interest in being studied. | 我可没有兴趣成为试验品 |
[10:51] | Now, these… what do you call them? | 现在,这些。。你是怎么说的来着 |
[10:53] | Sensitivities. | 敏感性 |
[10:54] | Sensitivities…are not something I ever would have chosen for myself. | 敏感性。。并不是我想要的 |
[10:58] | They make the world a much darker place. | 它们让世界更加黑暗 |
[11:01] | I really just want some sleep. | 我只是想睡觉罢了 |
[11:03] | Well, as you well know, Mrs. Dubois, there are pills for that. | 那么,你也知道,你可以去吃药 |
[11:07] | And you can get those from any doctor. | 而且你也可以从任何医生那儿搞到药 |
[11:10] | But if you really can do what you say you can do, | 但是如果你真的可以做你所说的 |
[11:12] | then there’s a reason you dream the same dream every night. | 那么这些梦就有一个解释了 |
[11:15] | And frankly, I’m probably the best person around to help you figure out what it is. | 而且,老实说,我可能是你周围唯一可以帮你的人 |
[11:21] | What do you mean? | 你是什么意思 |
[11:22] | Someone… living… | 某人。。 活人。。 |
[11:25] | dead… | 或死人 |
[11:27] | would seem to be sending you a message, but again, | 似乎是在向你发送信息但同时 |
[11:29] | none of it is relevant if you’re not really who you say you are. | 这些都没有意义如果你没有那种能力的话 |
[11:33] | So, if you’d be so good as to humor me for just a little while longer, | 所以我希望你能够多留下来一会儿 |
[11:37] | why don’t we take a walk down to the lab? | 为什么我们不一起去一下实验室呢 |
[11:41] | Circle? | 圆圈? |
[11:42] | Are you asking me or telling me? | 你要我告诉你么? |
[11:45] | It’s a circle. | 是个圆圈 |
[11:52] | An octagon. | 一个八角形 |
[11:58] | A car. | 一辆车 |
[12:07] | A rectangle. | 一个方形 |
[12:11] | How’s this for a psychic contradiction? | 这对我有什么用? |
[12:13] | I sense I’m doing really poorly at this. | 我觉得我在这方面很差 |
[12:17] | Just concentrate on the card. | 把注意力集中到卡片上 |
[12:18] | I’m too tired to concentrate, which is why I’m here. | 我太疲倦了,集中不起来,这就是我来这里的原因 |
[12:21] | Do you want to stop? | 你想停止么? |
[12:25] | Just really focus now. | 集中精力 |
[12:38] | A train. | 一辆火车 |
[12:51] | Mrs. Dubois… | |
[12:54] | Hurry! | 快! |
[12:58] | Wait! | 等一等 |
[13:06] | Allison? | |
[13:08] | Allison? | |
[13:12] | I’m sorry. I just keep seeing these two boys running, running along the train track. | 对不起。我一直看见两个男孩不停的在铁轨上跑 |
[13:16] | A train track? | 铁轨 |
[13:18] | Yes. And there’s a train coming, a long, long train | 是的,还有一辆火车,很长 ,很长的火车 |
[13:20] | with a big “J” and a big “O” on it. | 还有一个很大的J和O在上面 |
[13:24] | It’s my dream. I have it over and over again. | 这就是我的梦。我不停的做着这个梦 |
[13:27] | Two boys. | 两个男孩 |
[13:29] | They’re brothers, I think. | 我想他们是兄弟 |
[13:31] | One’s a little older. | 一个大一些 |
[13:32] | The younger one falls. | 小的那个落后了 |
[13:36] | It doesn’t really matter what card you hold up, that’s all I see. | 和你手上的卡片没什么关系,那才是我看到的 |
[13:41] | What? | 什么 |
[13:43] | When I was a boy growing up– not far from here, actually– | 当我还一个孩子时,我就是在这附近长大的,事实上。。 |
[13:47] | my brother and I, we were out way past when we promised we’d be home, | 我哥哥和我,我们有一次玩的很晚,而忘了回家 |
[13:51] | and to get home, you had to go over these railroad tracks. | 要准时到家。我们必须要穿越铁轨 |
[13:55] | So, we’re running as fast as we can, trying to get home before anybody notices, | 于是,我们使劲的跑。不想让家里人发现我们玩晚了 |
[13:59] | and suddenly we realized, “Oh, no, the train’s coming,” | 但突然。我们发现,火车来了 |
[14:04] | and that train, it looked like it was five miles long. | 而且,火车很长,大概有5里吧 |
[14:08] | If you didn’t cross the tracks by the time the train went by, | 如果你没有赶在火车之前穿过铁轨 |
[14:12] | you would be stuck there forever. | 你似乎就要被永远的栏在另一面 |
[14:15] | So we raced, me and Kenny, two years younger than me. | 于是我们跑着,我和kenny,他小我两岁 |
[14:19] | He fell just before the tracks. | 他就在铁轨前摔倒了 |
[14:25] | Kenny. Kenny Cardwell. | |
[14:28] | What happened? | 后来怎么了 |
[14:29] | You know what happened. | 你应该知道 |
[14:33] | The train passed, he was gone. | 火车开走后,他不见了 |
[14:37] | A man came, took him. | 一个男人把他带走了 |
[14:39] | Killed him. | 杀了他 |
[14:41] | Killed three other children that summer, too, | 在那个夏天还他杀了三个男孩 |
[14:44] | but you know all that already, don’t you? | 但是你早就知道了,是么 |
[14:47] | No. | 不, |
[14:48] | Really. | 真的 |
[14:54] | It’s all right here. | 我讲的都在这 |
[15:02] | Who put you up to this? | 谁告诉你的 |
[15:04] | Nobody put me up to anything. | 没有谁告诉我 |
[15:06] | It’s my dream. | 是我的梦 |
[15:08] | I’ve been dreaming about these boys and this train. | 我一直有这个关于男孩和火车的梦 |
[15:11] | I guess I’ve been dreaming about you. | 我想我梦到了你 |
[15:16] | I would really appreciate it if you’d leave now. | 我希望你现在离开 |
[15:27] | I really don’t know what to say. | 我真的不知道该说些什么 |
[15:56] | …southeast Texas as well. | …在得克萨斯东南 |
[15:58] | Right now, you can see very heavy rain near the 610 Loop and I-10 on the east side of town, | (天气预报) |
[16:05] | but there’s also some very heavy flooding… | 但这里有洪水… |
[16:09] | Hey, I was watching that. | 嘿,我正在看呢 |
[16:10] | It’s okay. You’re supposed to be a psychic. | 没关系,你是精神病人 |
[16:12] | You shouldn’t even need the Weather Channel. | 你根本不需要天气频道 |
[16:15] | It was a joke. You can laugh later. | 这是个笑话,你可以过后在笑 |
[16:18] | Look, the kids are going to be up in a couple of minutes. | 你看,孩子们要起床了 |
[16:20] | Why don’t you sneak back into the bedroom, while you still have a chance, | 你为什么不溜进卧室里呢,你还有机会 |
[16:22] | and try and get some sleep. | 睡一会儿觉 |
[16:23] | I’ll get them off to school. I’ll tell them you’re sick. | 我可以送他们上学,我可以告诉他们你病了 |
[16:25] | No, no, no. I’m okay. | 不不不,我很好 |
[16:27] | Beg to differ. Have you looked at your eyes lately? | 是么?你看过你的眼睛么 |
[16:30] | Bad? | 不好么 |
[16:32] | You should see them from my side. | 你应该从我的角度去看 |
[16:37] | You don’t actually have to go into work today? | 你真的不必去上班 |
[16:39] | After I fell asleep the other day? No. | 在我前几天睡着了之后么?不 |
[16:41] | In fact, I think they’re revoking my clearance to get into the building. | 实际上,我认为它们又激起了我的斗志 |
[16:46] | Well, now the kids are up. | 好了,现在孩子们也起来了 |
[16:49] | Who calls at 7:00 in the morning? | 谁在早上7:00打电话 |
[16:52] | Hello? | 你好 |
[16:54] | Yeah, just a minute. | 是的,等一等 |
[16:57] | It’s Dr. Cardwell. | 是Dr. Cardwell. |
[17:00] | Dr. Cardwell. | |
[17:03] | Mrs. Dubois. I-I appreciate you coming back. | Mrs. Dubois.我很感谢你能回来 |
[17:07] | Please. | 请 |
[17:13] | When I had the opportunity to reflect on what you said– how you described your dream– | 当我有机会回想你说的梦时,我发现。。 |
[17:18] | I realized that you referenced the letters “J” and “O.” | 我发现你提到了J和O这两个字母 |
[17:24] | On the train. On the locomotive. | 在火车机车上 |
[17:27] | Now, I went back and double-checked. | 于是,我又查了一遍我的书 |
[17:30] | I hadn’t included that fact in my account of the incident. | 我的叙述中没有这个情节 |
[17:34] | It’s nowhere in the book. | 书中没有 |
[17:38] | So, uh… | 所以,,嗯,, |
[17:40] | I believe I owe you an apology. | 我觉的我有必要向你道歉 |
[17:42] | You already apologized on the phone. | 你已经在电话里道歉了 |
[17:44] | As I explained when we first met, what I really need… | 象我在我们初次见面时说的一样,我真正要的。。 |
[17:48] | is some help. | 是帮助 |
[17:50] | Actually, maybe we can help each other. | 实际上也许我们可以互相帮助 |
[17:53] | If you’d be willing, I’d love you to spend some time in the lab. | 如果你愿意的话,我希望你能去我的实验室 |
[17:57] | I suspect that the more we study your dream, the clearer the message will become, | 我觉得我们对你的梦了解的越深我们会越清楚它中的信息 |
[18:03] | and my hunch is that once that code is broken, the dream will abate. | 而且我预感到当秘密破解后,梦将会消失 |
[18:09] | And how can I help you? | 那么我应该如何帮您呢 |
[18:12] | Well… I keep thinking… | 嗯,,,我一直想.. |
[18:17] | perhaps it’s not an accident that we met at that party, | 可能我们在聚会上的相遇不是偶然 |
[18:22] | that you’re having this dream. | 那个你的梦也不是 |
[18:25] | Whatever its message, I can’t help but wonder | 不管什么梦,我情不自禁的觉得 |
[18:29] | if it’s coming from my little brother. | 它是来自我的弟弟的 |
[18:37] | Look, the mayor’s asking a lot of questions– questions that I can’t answer– | 听着。市长问了很多问题,我都没法去回答。 |
[18:41] | the most important being, “Why isn’t this kid being hauled off in a jumpsuit yet?” | 最重要的一个是,“为什么这个孩子还没有进监狱” |
[18:44] | I just want to make sure we have everything we need. | 我只是想掌握更多的材料 |
[18:46] | Everything we need? We have a confession. What else could we possibly need? | 更多,我们有了口供,你还要什么 |
[18:49] | I just think there might be more to it, that’s all. | 我只是想也许有更多的罢了 |
[18:51] | Well, you’re wrong. There is no more to it. | 那么,你错了,没有更多的了。 |
[18:53] | He did a bad thing. People are angry. Now we need to put him away. | 他做了一件错事,人们很气愤,我们必须要让他受到惩罚 |
[18:56] | Tell the mayor I get the message. | 告诉市长。我知道了 |
[18:59] | I just want to make sure all our ducks are in a row and I need a little more time. | 我只是想确定我们是对的 我需要一点时间 |
[19:02] | – How much? – A couple of days. | – 多久 – 几天吧 |
[19:05] | I don’t know if you’ve noticed, but it’s pouring outside. | 我不知道你知不知道,外面都闹翻了天 |
[19:09] | I mention that because the mayor thinks of you as family. | 我之所以这么说是因为市长把你当作家人 |
[19:11] | The mayor thinks of you as someone under his umbrella. | 他总是护着你 |
[19:14] | Don’t take too much time. | 别花太久时间 |
[19:16] | We’d all hate to see you get wet. | 我不想你惹祸上身 |
[19:23] | I don’t know what else to tell you. | 我不知道还有什么要告诉你的 |
[19:26] | It’s big. It’s a train. | 它很大,是辆火车 |
[19:30] | These boys are running down a dirt road. | 这些孩子们在一条泥土路上跑 |
[19:33] | Open your eyes. | 睁开你的眼睛 |
[19:35] | A… A dirt road? | 一条。。。一条泥土路? |
[19:36] | – You’re certain. – Yeah. An old dirt road. Why? | – 你确定么? – 是的,一条老的泥巴路。怎么会? |
[19:39] | We grew up in Winslow. | 我们在 Winslow 长大 |
[19:41] | It wasn’t a metropolis, but the roads were paved. | 虽然不是大都市,但是路却是铺过的 |
[19:45] | What about the time of day? | 那时是几点? |
[19:49] | Just day. I don’t know what time it is. | 是白天我不知道具体时间 |
[19:53] | The sun’s out. It’s daytime. | 太阳在外面,是白天 |
[19:55] | It was dusk when Kenny and I raced home. | 我和弟弟跑回家时是黄昏 |
[20:00] | It was the end of a long summer day. I remember because | 长长的夏日 我记得是因为 |
[20:03] | it was getting harder and harder to see. I always thought maybe that’s why he tripped and fell. | 那时越来越黑,我总是觉得我弟弟是因为这样才�A倒落后的 |
[20:08] | You know, if this is a message of some kind, if this is coming from your brother– | 你知道,如果这是某种信息,是你兄弟的信息 |
[20:13] | he was, what, five or six when it happened? | 他有,嗯,5岁或6岁吧 |
[20:17] | Maybe he doesn’t remember the time of day. | 可能他不记得当时的时间了 |
[20:20] | Maybe he actually remembers a dirt road. | 也许他就记得有一条泥巴路 |
[20:27] | Maybe. I don’t know. | 可能吧,我不知道 |
[20:29] | There are certain days– the birth of your children, your wedding day– | 是有一些日子值得庆祝,孩子的生日,结婚纪念日。 |
[20:32] | they’re just burned into your head. | 他们会烙在你脑中 |
[20:37] | The day I lost my brother– the day my brother died– | 我失去我的弟弟的那天,他死的那天 |
[20:41] | I can tell you the shade of green the grass was under our feet as we ran. | 我可以告诉你我们跑时脚下的草的形状 |
[20:48] | I still remember the smell of my pillowcase. I cried into it for three days. | 我还可以告诉你我枕头的味道。因为我抱着哭了3天 |
[20:54] | I remember… | 我记得 |
[20:58] | everything. | 每一件事 |
[21:01] | Whenever I go to a funeral, | 每当我去参加葬礼时 |
[21:04] | I see the deceased. | 我会看见鬼魂 |
[21:07] | They seem to seek me out. | 他们总是在找我 |
[21:11] | Would you like me to visit your brother’s grave? | 可以让我看一看你弟弟的坟墓么? |
[21:17] | There is no grave. | 其实没有坟墓 |
[21:19] | There was no body. | 因为没有尸体 |
[21:21] | Three other kids disappeared that summer in that area. | 其他三个孩子也消失了在那年夏天在那儿 |
[21:26] | They finally caught the man who did it, just before Halloween. | 他们最后抓到了犯人,在万圣节之前 |
[21:29] | I remember hearing how the father of one of the other little boys shot him | 我记得听到一个孩子的父亲用抢打他的声音 |
[21:34] | just as he was being transferred from the courthouse to the jail. | 就在他从法庭到监狱的路上 |
[21:38] | Never did confess. | 但他没有招供 |
[21:39] | Never did tell anyone where the bodies were. | 也没有告诉任何人尸体在何处 |
[21:46] | Can I ask you to do one more thing? | 你能帮我再做一件事么? |
[21:52] | These things belonged to my brother. | 这是我弟弟的物品 |
[21:54] | I was wondering maybe you could just go through them. | 我不知道你能不能通过它们和我弟弟联系 |
[21:57] | See if anything comes to you. | 看你能不能知道些什么 |
[21:59] | – Maybe Kenny… – Will communicate with me? | – 可能Kenny – 将和我联系? |
[22:05] | I’ve given this box to a number of people over the years. | 我把这些东西给了不少的人这些年 |
[22:09] | Has anyone ever gotten any…? | 有人发现什么没? |
[22:20] | Did you or your brother have a nickname? | 你或你的弟弟有什么绰号么 |
[22:23] | Like? | 比如 |
[22:24] | Like… Buckles… | 比如。。。Buckles.. |
[22:28] | or Bucky or, or, Buckley something? | 或者 Bucky,或者,Buckley 之类的 |
[22:34] | You know what? I’m sorry I even mentioned it. | 你看我,对不起我提到了它 |
[22:36] | I’m exhausted. | 我精疲力尽了 |
[22:38] | Is there any way I could take these things with me, | 我可以把它们带走么? |
[22:41] | try and get some rest and maybe try again later? | 我想我可以休息后再去试一试 |
[22:44] | Sure. | 当然 |
[22:46] | Just got a call back from the Department of Motor Vehicles. You were right. | 汽车管理部门打来了电话,你是对的 |
[22:49] | Chavo Galindo’s family just registered a new car valued at over $35,000. | Chavo的家人刚注册了一辆新车,价值35000元以上 |
[22:54] | And from what we can tell, the car wasn’t financed. | 而且我们还发现车没有贷款 |
[22:57] | – You’re saying they paid cash. – Seems that way. | 你是说是用的现金么 – 好像是的 |
[23:00] | Hm. New car, expensive defense attorney. | 嗯,新车,昂贵的律师 |
[23:02] | Must be pretty lucrative, confessing to murder. | 要供认杀人,一定要有利可图 |
[23:04] | But why would anyone do that, even for all the money in the world? | 但是为什么有人要这么做呢?就算是为了一大笔钱 |
[23:07] | Hey, you’re 14 and poor and someone staring at life in prison | 这么说吧,你是一个14岁的贫穷孩子,而某个要进监狱的人 |
[23:11] | offers you and your family more money than they ever dreamed of? | 提供你一大笔钱给你和你的家人 |
[23:17] | And what are you looking at, four, five years in juvenile prison? | 而你呢,只要在少年监狱里呆个 4。5年 |
[23:20] | You come out, you’re a wealthy kid. | 你出狱后,你便有钱了 |
[23:22] | You’ve got important friends in the neighborhood. | 你有了好靠山 |
[23:25] | Starts to look like a career path, doesn’t it? | 可以去干翻事业了,不是么 |
[23:32] | Come on, you plastic, non-commissioned, little bastard. | 来吧,来吧,你们这些没活干的朔料小杂种 |
[23:37] | How long are you going to do that? | 你准备这样干多久 |
[23:38] | Until I get something. | 直到我得到一些东西 |
[23:41] | What if you don’t get anything? | 如果得不到呢 |
[23:42] | I’ll get something. | 我会得到的 |
[23:44] | I have to get something. | 我必须如此 |
[23:47] | I’m not getting anything. | 可我什么也没的到 |
[23:49] | Allison, it’s the weekend. | Allison,现在是周末 |
[23:51] | It’s been raining for a day and a half. The girls are going out of their minds. | 都下了一天半的雨了,孩子们都要憋坏了 |
[23:55] | How about we take them to the movies? | 我们带他们去看电影如何? |
[23:57] | Now? | 现在么 |
[23:58] | Come on. I can’t handle the three of them by myself. What do you say? | 当然,我不可能一个人搞定他们三个呀,你说呢 |
[24:01] | You’ve been staring at Action Figure Andy and “Rock ‘Em Sock ‘Em Robots” all day. | 你都看了 Action Figure Andy 和 Rock ‘Em Sock ‘Em Robots一天了 |
[24:05] | When we get back, you can stare at them some more. | 当我们回来时 ,随便你怎么看 |
[24:13] | – Stop that. – What? | 停下来 什么 |
[24:16] | The movie hasn’t even started yet and you’re already sneaking looks at your watch. | 电影还没有开始你就偷偷看了好几次表了 |
[24:36] | It was supposed to be a search for their mother. | 电影“这是一部关于找母亲的电影” |
[24:39] | We’re almost there. | 我们就快到了 |
[24:41] | I can’t make it! | 我做不到 |
[24:42] | Shut up and run! | 闭嘴快跑 |
[24:44] | Am I awake? | 我在做梦么 |
[24:45] | What are you talking about? Of course you’re awake. | 什么话,当然不是啦 |
[24:47] | But this summer, Nate and David Carmichael will find much more than they bargained for. | 但是,这个夏天,Nate 和 David Carmichael会遭遇更大的磨难 |
[24:52] | Damn. | 妈的 |
[25:06] | Hey. | 嘿 |
[25:07] | Hi. | 嗨 |
[25:09] | What you doing? | 嘿。你在干吗 |
[25:11] | Just watching you. | 只是看着你 |
[25:13] | What’s the matter? They all out of weather on Channel 77? | 怎么了,天气频道没有了么? |
[25:18] | Couldn’t sleep. | 我睡不着 |
[25:21] | 3:17– what a shock. | 3:17 太令人惊讶了 |
[25:24] | The train? | 是火车么 |
[25:25] | That, and I keep hearing Cardwell’s voice when I called him on the phone | 是的,而且我还听到了Cardwell的声音,是我在电话中告诉他 |
[25:28] | to tell him about the coming attraction. | 关于电影介绍时的声音 |
[25:31] | How’d he take it? | 他怎么说 |
[25:33] | You know, he’s a scientist. You know how they are. | 你也知道,他是一个科学家,你知道的 |
[25:36] | Mm. Just a bundle of emotion, huh? | 嗯,是群理性思维的家伙 |
[25:39] | Very logical. | 很讲逻辑性 |
[25:42] | I should have known. | 我本应该知道的 |
[25:43] | Then he reminded me of all the inconsistencies between my dream and his memories. | 然后他指出了我的梦和他的记忆的出入 |
[25:48] | Damn scientists. | 没用的科学家 |
[25:50] | Damn logic. | 没用的逻辑 |
[25:52] | But I could sense his sadness, his disappointment. | 但是我可以看出他的失望和悲伤 |
[25:57] | I like to believe these things come to me for a reason. | 我总是认为发生在我身上的事是有原因的 |
[26:01] | That there’s a meaning and a purpose to all of it. | 他们是有意义和目的的 |
[26:05] | But maybe that’s just ego. | 但是,这好象是自欺欺人 |
[26:07] | Maybe it’s all random. | 也许这都是没有联系的 |
[26:10] | I dreamed a movie’s coming attraction. | 我只不过是梦到了一个电影介绍罢了 |
[26:14] | And maybe that’s all it is, | 也许不过如此 |
[26:17] | is a movie’s coming attraction. | 只是电影介绍罢了 |
[26:26] | I’m happy to bargain, I’m happy to be flexible. | 我很高兴你和我砍价。我很高兴你说我好说话 |
[26:28] | What I’m not happy to be is taken advantage of. | 但是我不高兴的是你占我的便宜 |
[26:31] | Well, remind your client that the luxury yacht market in Arizona is limited at best, | 那么最好提醒你的客户豪华游艇是有限制的 |
[26:36] | and if this drags on any longer, I might just lose my yen for buying his boat. | 如果他再拖的话,我就没有兴趣买他的船了 |
[26:41] | I’m sorry, I have to go now. Just think about what I said. | 对不起,我要挂了。好好想想我的话 |
[26:45] | Manuel. | |
[26:47] | Nyles. | |
[26:49] | I’m happy for you– you and the mayor. | 我很高兴,为你和市长 |
[26:51] | Putting this messy business to bed. | 总算把这件事搞定了 |
[26:53] | I meant to ask you the other day– how does an expensive piece of manpower like you | 我一直想问你,像你这样的昂贵的律师为什么会为一个 |
[26:57] | come to represent a fatherless boy whose mother makes $11 an hour? | 母亲只赚11元每小时的没有父亲的小孩辩护 |
[27:00] | This is America, Manny. | 这是美国 |
[27:02] | Everyone is entitled to a vigorous defense. | 每个人都有权获得这样的辩护 |
[27:05] | And I live here, too. I care about my community. | 并且我住在这里,我要关心我的社区 |
[27:07] | I’m sure you do. | 我相信是的 |
[27:10] | It’s 3:30. | 现在3:30 了 |
[27:12] | Those news trucks out there are going to want to hear from us before Oprah signs off. | 外面那些新闻车正准备着得到回应,在OPRAH签字之前 |
[27:16] | – Let’s talk numbers? – Absolutely. | – 我们来谈数字吧 – 当然 |
[27:18] | Obviously, we’re looking for what you’re looking for. | 显然我们在找的也是你们在找的 |
[27:20] | That’s why we’re here. That’s why we confessed. | 那就是我们在这儿的原因。这也是我们招供的原因 |
[27:23] | No trial, no muss, no fuss. | 把其他的麻烦都去掉 |
[27:25] | We’re thinking four years in a juvenile institution, no probation | 我们认为4年的少年监狱,无保释 |
[27:30] | and you expunge the charges when he’s released. | 你可以 抹掉他的记录当他释放后 |
[27:34] | You’ve met the boy. He’s got a clean record. | 你看了那个孩子,他没有犯罪记录 |
[27:36] | Some dubious relatives, but a clean record. | 有些可疑的亲属,但没有前科 |
[27:39] | I truly believe this is aberrant behavior, | 我完全相信这是一种有违常规的行为 |
[27:41] | and I truly believe this is the appropriate punishment. | 而且我也认为这是合理的惩罚 |
[27:45] | So, can we put this to bed? | 那么,我们可以结束了么 |
[27:49] | I’ll certainly think about it. | 我要仔细的考虑一下 |
[27:52] | Excuse me? | 什么 |
[27:55] | Your client confessed to the cold-blooded murder of a pillar of the community. | 你的当事人供认冷血谋杀了社区的支柱人物 |
[27:58] | I think that warrants some thought. | 我认为那有必要多考虑一下 |
[28:01] | I’ll be in touch. | 保持联系 |
[28:06] | You wanted to see me? | 你想见我么? |
[28:08] | Yes. Thanks for stopping by. | 是的,谢谢你过来 |
[28:10] | No. I’m glad you called. I felt very badly about last week. | 不,我很高兴你给我电话,我对上周很抱歉 |
[28:13] | – Obviously you were feeling ill… – I haven’t been sleeping and… | 很明显你病了 我没有睡好 |
[28:17] | – You first. – No… just… | -你先。不。你 |
[28:20] | Look, I could have used your help, yes, but at that moment, for whatever reason, | 你看,我是可以要你的帮助,但是在那个时候,无论什么原因, |
[28:24] | you didn’t have help to give me. I understand. | 你没能帮我。我可以理解 |
[28:27] | But I’m hoping today will be different. | 但是,我希望今天你可以 |
[28:31] | What are these? | 这是什么 |
[28:33] | I have reason to believe that one of these four men may be the one who’s bankrolling | 我有理由相信,这四个人中的一个雇佣了 |
[28:37] | 14-year-old Chavo Galindo’s defense and siphoning money to his family. | 14岁的 Chavo Galindo’的律师并且给他的家人钱 |
[28:41] | It doesn’t seem unreasonable to suppose that whoever’s spending hundreds of thousands of dollars | 花大价钱资助这样的一个杀了 |
[28:45] | to implicate this boy probably had a hand in the killing of Councilman Miguel Garcia. | Miguel Garcia的孩子好像有点说不过去,他应该和谋杀案有关 |
[28:50] | – And you were hoping…? – That you might be able to tell me… | – 你是希望 – 你能告诉我。。。 |
[28:53] | From these pictures? | 就从这几张相片么? |
[28:57] | I gotta tell you, I’m still not at my best. | 我必须告诉你,我仍然不在状态 |
[28:59] | The sleeping thing I was telling you about, | 那件我告诉你的关于我睡觉的事 |
[29:01] | and for some reason whenever I close my eyes I see this movie train. | 每当我闭上眼睛时我就看见这辆火车 |
[29:05] | So you’re not getting anything? | 那么你什么都得不到么 |
[29:08] | No. I’m sorry. | 是的,对不起 |
[29:10] | Oh, well… It’s okay. | 没关系 |
[29:12] | At the end of the day, all I would’ve been doing is adding your hunch to my own, | 当然,你只要过后告诉我你的想法就行了, |
[29:15] | and it would take a lot more than a couple of hunches to stop this juggernaut. | 我会花力气抓这些坏蛋的 |
[29:19] | Can I hold on to these? Who knows, maybe tonight everything will break open, and… | 我能保留这些么,谁知道呢,说不定今晚我就有答案了 |
[29:24] | Of course. | 当然 |
[29:26] | So what does the rest of the day hold for you? | 那么你剩下得时间你干什么呢? |
[29:30] | Gee, it looks like I could still make story time. | 嗯,看来我还来得及去story time |
[29:32] | Nice. | 不错 |
[29:34] | Well… | 嗯。。 |
[29:36] | wish me luck. | 祝我好运 |
[29:38] | I feel a press conference coming on. | 我看招待会要开始了 |
[29:43] | “Grizz Brickbottom was the toughest cowboy ever | Grizz Brickbottom 是有史以来最强的牛仔 |
[29:47] | to drive a herd of cattle across the open range. | 他能将一大群牛赶过荒野 |
[29:51] | Grizz was so tough he could drink a quart of Tabasco sauce a day.” | 他还能一天把一加仑的Tabasco sauce喝完 |
[29:58] | This is a great idea. Marie’s loving this. | 这真是个好主意。MARIE 听得精精有味 |
[30:01] | I know. This is one of Jason’s favorite things, too. | 我知道,这也是 JASON 的最爱 |
[30:07] | You know, I can just see it now. I’m going to be buying cowboy stuff for the next year and a half. | 你知道我可不能光看着,我要去买下一个1年半的牛仔装 |
[30:10] | Not us. We’ll be buying ponies. | 我们不用了,我们要买小马 |
[30:12] | Ponies. | 小马 |
[30:18] | “Based on a novel by Ken Buckley.” | 根据KEN BUKLY 的小说改编 |
[30:21] | Buckley? Buckley? | |
[30:24] | Kamala, can you excuse me a second? | Kamala.你能等我一下么 |
[30:26] | Yeah. | 好 |
[30:29] | Okay, let’s look at this… | OK, 我们看一看这个 |
[30:33] | “Based on a novel by Ken Buckley.” | “由 Ken Buckley的小说改编.” |
[30:40] | “Ken Buckley was born in 1964 “and still lives in rural Holbrook, Arizona, | KEN BUKLY生于1964年,现在住在 Holbrook, Arizona 乡间 |
[30:44] | not far from the railroad tracks, where he grew up hearing the stories | 离铁路不远。他小时候听到了这个故事一个横跨小镇的火车驶过一个小城镇后 |
[30:47] | of the lives forever altered by the mighty locomotives that would pass through his town.” | 人们的生活都改变了 |
[30:52] | Ken Buckley… | |
[30:58] | Kenny Cardwell. | |
[31:11] | What you doing? | 你在干吗 |
[31:12] | Looking up something on the map. | 在地图上找东西 |
[31:14] | Making a break for it, huh? | 想逃掉是么 |
[31:16] | No matter where you go, Allison, I will find you. | 无论你到那儿。我也会找到你的 |
[31:21] | Holbrook. Where Ken Buckley lives. | Holbrook.是Ken Buckley住的地方 |
[31:24] | Looks to be about 70 miles away. | 好像有70里的路 |
[31:26] | So? | 又怎么样呢? |
[31:28] | So I’m going to drive there tomorrow. | 我明天要开车去那儿 |
[31:30] | You mean today. | 你是说今天吧 |
[31:32] | After I take the kids to school and drop Marie off at day care. | 在我把孩子们搞定后 |
[31:36] | See if maybe I can talk to Ken Buckley. See if there’s any way possible he’s Kenny Cardwell. | 你看,如果我能够和KEN BUCKLEY 谈一谈,看他是否是Kenny Cardwell就好了 |
[31:41] | Remember what that doctor said about my dream? | 你还记得医生关于我的梦的说法么 |
[31:43] | That the dream would abate the more I understood its message. | 当我理解了这些信息后梦会消失的 |
[31:48] | Well, the funny thing is, after I saw the coming attraction, | 但是,有趣的事却是,当我看了电影介绍后 |
[31:51] | as disappointing as it was for Dr. Cardwell, it kind of helped my sleeping. | 虽然很为Dr. Cardwell伤心,但我却睡的好多啦 |
[31:55] | Really? It’s 4:00 in the morning. | 是么,现在可是4:00 am呀 |
[31:57] | Exactly. | 我知道 |
[31:58] | And I slept over four hours. | 而且我睡了4个小时 |
[32:00] | I only had the train dream three times. | 我只做了3次火车的梦 |
[32:03] | It’s not perfect yet, but it’s getting better. | 虽然不完美,但是越来越好了 |
[32:05] | I feel like I’m getting closer. | 我觉得我们离答案越来越近了 |
[32:09] | Is that the best you can do, “Wha…?” | 那就是你能做的么 |
[32:12] | What do you want me to say? It’s 4:00 in the morning. | 你要我说什么呢?现在是凌晨4点 |
[32:15] | I don’t know– good luck. | 我不知道,祝你好运 |
[32:17] | I mean, think about it. What’s the downside? | 我是说,想一想吧,当时的情景 |
[32:19] | So, I knock on this guy’s door. So, he opens it. | 于是。我敲门,他开了门 |
[32:22] | And he’s black or he’s really young or he’s really old or he isn’t even there | 他要么黑黑的,要么很年轻,要么很老,要么已经不在了 |
[32:26] | ’cause he moved to California to be closer to his seven brothers and sisters, | 因为他般到了加州,为了和他的七兄妹在一起 |
[32:28] | who he’s been close to all his life. | 也就是他这一生最亲近的人 |
[32:30] | And I say, “I’m sorry, my mistake.” | 那我就要说,哦,对不起我的错 |
[32:34] | But at least I’m doing something. | 但是至少我还在做事 |
[32:36] | At least I’m chasing the train and the train’s not chasing me. | 至少我在追火车,而火车没有在追我 |
[32:39] | You know what? | 你知道么 |
[32:40] | Good luck. | 祝好运 |
[32:42] | Thank you. | 谢了 |
[32:45] | Come on, you know it’s 4:00 in the morning? | 来吧,现在是4:00am |
[32:47] | We should be in bed. | 我们应该在床上 |
[32:58] | Morning. | 早上好 |
[32:59] | Morning. | 早上好 |
[33:00] | I’m looking for Ken Buckley. | 我在找Ken Buckley |
[33:03] | He’s not here right now. | 他不在 |
[33:06] | He’ll be back soon. | 他很快就回来 |
[33:08] | But he’s not here right now. | 但是他现在不在 |
[33:10] | Okay, maybe I’ll go get a cup of coffee and I’ll come back. | 好的,也许我去喝一杯咖啡再回来。 |
[33:20] | I know you’re tired. | 我知道你很累 |
[33:22] | I know you haven’t slept. | 我知道你没睡好 |
[33:25] | And I’m sorry I haunted your dreams. | 我很抱歉我在你的梦里出现 |
[33:29] | But I haven’t slept in almost 20 years. | 但是我已经有20年没有睡觉了 |
[33:34] | For 20 years, I stood outside the gates of Heaven feeling nothing | 20年来,我站在天堂的门前却什么也感觉不到 |
[33:42] | but the heat of hell beneath me, | 但却感觉到了地狱之火 |
[33:46] | calling me home. | 让我回家吧 |
[33:51] | I know I’m a bad person. | 我知道我不是 好人 |
[33:54] | I know I’ve done bad things. | 我知道我做了坏事 |
[33:57] | But I need to put this to rest. | 但是我不想在这样下去了 |
[34:00] | I need your help. | 我想要你的帮助 |
[34:10] | Mr. District Attorney, I was starting to think you’d forgotten about us. | 地区检察官。我还以为你忘了我们呢 |
[34:14] | Oh, I’m a lot of things, but forgetful isn’t one of them. | 我是有很多缺点,但是健忘不在其中 |
[34:17] | Please, have a seat. | 请座 |
[34:24] | – So. | – So. 那么。。。 那么。。。 |
[34:25] | I’ve given your client’s situation a great deal of thought. | 我曾经给了你的当事人一些意见 |
[34:28] | – I’m sure. – And here’s what I’d like to propose. | – 那当然 – 那么这是我要求得 |
[34:30] | 16 years. Arizona State Correctional Facility. | 16年,亚利桑那州管教所 |
[34:33] | That, of course, assumes that your client stands by his confession | 那是,当然,是依照你的当事人的口供所作出的 |
[34:36] | and the state avoids the expense of a trial. | 并且州政府也免除了审判的麻烦 |
[34:38] | But I… | 但是。。。 |
[34:40] | With all due respect, Manuel, that is not a deal. | 尊敬的Manuel,这不是我们约好的 |
[34:43] | – That is a maximum sentence. – No. | – 那是最重的刑罚 – 不 |
[34:46] | The maximum sentence for murder one is death by injection. | 最重的是注射死刑 |
[34:49] | The more likely sentence is life in prison. | 更有可能的是终身监禁 |
[34:52] | And that’s what I’m guessing he’ll get if we try him as an adult, | 如果他是个成年人的话。他可能就要如此了 |
[34:55] | which we’re prepared to do. | 而且我们也准备了 |
[34:56] | At least, this way, he gets out when he’s 30. | 至少,这样的话,他还可以在30岁的时候出来 |
[34:59] | It’s not nearly as bad as it sounds. | 好象并没有听起来那么差么 |
[35:01] | They say it’s the new 20. | 他们说那又是一个二十年的开始 |
[35:03] | But he’s confessed. | 但是,他招供了 |
[35:05] | Yes, he did. And in great detail. | 是的,他是招了,而且很详细 |
[35:07] | Which is the only reason I’m even entertaining this generous deal I’m proposing. | 这就是我用这种大众化的刑罚来招待你的原因 |
[35:11] | Come on, Chavo. | 来吧,Chavo |
[35:14] | Think about it. | 想一想 |
[35:15] | Whatever you’re getting for this, is it worth what you’re going get for this? | 无论你从中分的了什么好处。都抵不了你要受的罪 |
[35:19] | Who was it? | 他是谁 |
[35:21] | – It w… – Who was who? | – 他。。 – 谁是谁 |
[35:23] | District Attorney Devalos, I really do need you to address all your questions to me. | 地区检察官 Devalos,我希望你能将你的问题先和我说一声 |
[35:27] | – I did this on my own. – Do… not… speak! | – 这是我的个人行为 – 不要说话! |
[35:35] | Is that your final offer? | 那是你的最终出价么? |
[35:37] | It’s my only offer. | 这是我的唯一出价 |
[35:39] | And in my opinion, if you’re interested in doing what’s best for your client, you’ll accept it. | 而且我的建议是如果你要为你的当事人着想的话,就接受这个吧 |
[35:44] | I’m sorry, son, but taking the rap for murder is not, | 我很遗憾,为一个杀人犯背黑锅 |
[35:47] | nor will it ever be, a career opportunity in the city of Phoenix. | 现在不是,将来也不会有一个好差使在凤凰城 |
[35:50] | If you decide to rethink your confession, your attorney has my number. | 如果你想从新考虑你的供词的话,你的律师有我的号码 |
[36:02] | Mr. Buckley? | |
[36:05] | Can I help you? | 我有什么能帮你的么 |
[36:06] | I don’t know. I’m actually here on behalf of your mother, | 我不知道,我其实是为你的母亲 |
[36:09] | or the woman who brought you up, I mean. | 或者说是那个养大你的人而来的 |
[36:11] | I’m sure you’re mistaken. | 我肯定你是搞错了 |
[36:13] | My mother, the woman who brought me up, | 我的母亲,把我抚养大的人 |
[36:16] | she’s been dead for quite sometime now. | 她已去世多年啦 |
[36:18] | Since 1985. I know. I’m also here on behalf of your brother. | 1985年,我知道,我到这儿来也是代表你的哥哥 |
[36:22] | Ma’am, I don’t know who you are or what you want, but I don’t have a brother. | 女士,我不知道你是谁,从那儿来,不过我没有哥哥 |
[36:28] | Well, yeah, you do and you wrote about him in your book. | 嗯,是的,你有,而且你在你的书写过 |
[36:34] | Ken? | |
[36:36] | Does the name “Cardwell” ring a bell? | Cardwell令你想起了什么 |
[36:41] | Does it? | 是么 |
[36:44] | No. | 不 |
[36:47] | I don’t know. Maybe. | 我不知道,可能吧 |
[36:51] | Tell me that name again. | 再说一遍那个名字 |
[36:54] | It was a story my mom told me all the time about two boys running. | 那是一个故事我母亲总是讲给我听,关于两个奔跑的男孩 |
[36:59] | The youngest one falls just before he reaches the tracks and a kind woman finds him… | 在他冲到铁道前,年幼的那一个摔倒了。一位善良的夫人救了他 |
[37:03] | Mr. Buckley, that story is your story. | Mr. Buckley,这是你的故事 |
[37:06] | I don’t know what you mean. | 我不懂你的意思 |
[37:08] | Connie Buckley, the woman who raised you… | Connie Buckley,就是养你的那个老人 |
[37:11] | My mother. | 我的母亲 |
[37:13] | Her son, the one she gave birth to, | 她的亲生儿子, |
[37:16] | died of scarlet fever when he was seven months old. | 7个月时死于猩红热 |
[37:19] | His death devastated her. | 儿子的死大大的打击了她 |
[37:21] | She became despondent and morose, her husband left her. | 她变的消沉和悲观,而她的丈夫也离开了她 |
[37:24] | My father died when I was a baby. | 我的父亲在我很小的时候就离开了我 |
[37:27] | Then, one day, she got a gift. | 而后,一天,她的到了一件礼物 |
[37:30] | The gift was a little boy. | 那便是那个小男孩 |
[37:32] | And unlike the boy in your story or the movie they made from it, | 然而并不象你故事中的小孩和电影 |
[37:35] | he was barely four years old. | 他只有4岁 |
[37:38] | She took you home… | 她把你带回家 |
[37:40] | just for dinner at first. | 开始只是吃饭 |
[37:43] | Then she decided that you were hers to keep. | 然后她便把你据为己有 |
[37:46] | As luck would have it, you came into her life during a summer | 很幸运的是,你是在一个的夏天失踪的 |
[37:49] | where three other children met a far less pleasant fate | 而其他的三个男孩就没那么幸运了 |
[37:52] | at the hands of someone even more twisted than Connie. | 他们落入了一个比Connie 还残忍的家伙的手中 |
[37:56] | The two of you lived in Nevada for two years, then you moved back here. | 你和你的养母在内华达 住了两年,你又搬了回来 |
[38:00] | She told you she was your mother. | 是她告诉你她是你母亲的 |
[38:02] | Every day she’d tell you, every day you’d cry. | 每天她都和你这么说,而你每天都哭 |
[38:05] | Until one day, you just didn’t cry anymore. | 然后,一天,你突然不哭了 |
[38:11] | This brother of mine you say you’re working for… | 你说你为我的哥哥工作 |
[38:15] | He’d very much like to meet you. | 他很想见你一面 |
[38:19] | Everything that I’ve told you is a matter of public record– | 我告诉你的每一件事都是记录在案的 |
[38:21] | the death of Connie’s son, all the stories from when you went missing. | Connie的儿子的死,所有的事,自从你失踪后 |
[38:27] | I know it’s a lot to digest. | 我知道这很难接受 |
[38:30] | When you’re ready… | 你什么时候方便 |
[38:33] | call. | 给我电话。。 |
[38:37] | Oh, and by the way… | 而且,还有件事 |
[38:40] | Connie Buckley, the woman who raised you? | 你的养母 |
[38:43] | She wanted you to know that she truly loved you. | 她希望你知道她是真的爱你 |
[38:46] | And she’s truly sorry. | 而且她很抱歉 |
[39:01] | Allison? | |
[39:04] | Allison? | |
[39:05] | Hey, babe, it’s 7:30. | 嘿,亲爱的已经7:30了 |
[39:08] | You overslept. | 你睡过了 |
[39:09] | Oh, my God, I slept through the night. | 欧,我得上帝呀,我竟然睡了一整晚 |
[39:12] | And did we, perchance, dream of trains? | 那么,我们,梦见火车啦么 |
[39:15] | – Not once. – Planes, buses? Any form of transit? | 一次也没 -飞机,呢,巴士呢 ,任何形式的交通工具 |
[39:19] | Cool. I could use a hand. Marie wet her bed. | 酷,我可有帮手啦, Marie 尿床了 |
[39:31] | Kenny? | |
[39:45] | Can you ever forgive me? | 你能原谅我么 |
[39:47] | What are you talking about? | 你在说什么呀 |
[39:49] | I tripped, man. | 我摔倒了。. |
[39:51] | I tripped. | 我摔倒了 |
[39:54] | I am so sorry. | 我很抱歉 |
[40:04] | You got another dollar I could borrow? | 你还有一美元么,借我 |
[40:06] | No. | 没了 |
[40:08] | Wait a minute, what time is it? | 等一等,现在几点了 |
[40:10] | Uh, 9:35. | 嗯9:35 |
[40:12] | Damn. | 他妈的 |
[40:13] | This guy made me promise I’d be where no one could see me by 9:00. | 那家伙要我保证九点的时候藏起来不要让任何人看见 |
[40:17] | We gotta go, man. | 我们要走了 |
[40:50] | Hello. | 你好 |
[40:51] | So sorry to call in the middle of the night, but suddenly it all became clear. | 不好意思这么晚打扰你,但是我一下子都清楚了 |
[40:54] | Slow down, Allison. Start at the beginning. | 慢一点,ALLISON 从头开始 |
[40:57] | Okay. Sorry. | 好的,对不起 |
[40:58] | I’m sorry, it’s just… it’s just, I just had a dream about your 14-year-old murderer. | 对不起,只是我刚才作了一个那个14 岁的孩子的梦 |
[41:03] | I saw where he was when he was supposed to be killing the councilman. | 我看见他案发时在哪儿 |
[41:06] | He was at a video arcade. | 他在游戏机房 |
[41:08] | And not only that, but there was a security camera. | 还不只那些,那儿还有一个摄像头 |
[41:10] | and I’m betting that if we look at the security tapes of the day in question | 而且我打赌我们只要看一看那一天的录像就行了 |
[41:13] | – and look at the time stamp… – Allison. | – 而且看一看上面的时间 |
[41:16] | We sent Chavo to a medium security facility, pending trial, two days ago. | 我们把Chavo 送到另一个监狱里,两天前 |
[41:21] | His first night there, he was stabbed to death by an inmate who wanted his toothbrush. | 他在那儿的第一晚,就因为一支牙刷被同室的人刺死了 |
[41:30] | Allison? | |
[41:35] | You okay? | 你还好吧 |
[41:37] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[41:40] | Sure. I guess so. | 是的我猜是的 |
[41:47] | Listen, I’m going to go back to sleep. | 听着。我想回去睡觉了 |
[41:53] | How about you? | 你呢 |
[41:55] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[41:59] | Maybe. | 可能会 |
[42:02] | Maybe not. | 可能不会 -=结束=- |