时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:00] | Everyone who has ever lived has thoughts and experiences | 每一个活着的人都有思想 |
[00:03] | that they carry with them their entire lives. | 并与之伴随一生 |
[00:06] | Most people think these thoughts and experiences die with the person when they pass on. | 很多人都认为其会随死亡而消散 |
[00:11] | But I believe there are certain individuals who are especially sensitive | 而我始终认为一定会有些人 |
[00:14] | to the thoughts of the living and the dead. | 能够通晓生死的思想 |
[00:19] | Now if you buy into my theory, | 如果同意我的理论 |
[00:21] | that means there’s a kind of collective consciousness out there, | 那么就让我们想象有一种集体意识 |
[00:26] | a kind of giant filing cabinet filled with all the thoughts of everyone | 就好比一个巨大的柜子里 |
[00:30] | who has ever lived just floating around | 装满了在周围人所有的思维 |
[00:32] | waiting to be received by someone. | 它们期待着能被某人接收到 |
[00:44] | And the challenge for people like me | 对我这样的人的挑战 |
[00:46] | would seem to be | 大概就是 |
[00:48] | how do you sort through the din? | 如何在千言中听清 |
[00:51] | How do you know which of the millions of voices to listen to? | 如何在万语中分辨 |
[00:55] | Normally it’s not a problem. | 一般来说这并不难 |
[00:57] | I hear one voice at a time, | 我一次只听一个声音 |
[00:59] | see one vision at a time. | 只看一个景象 |
[01:01] | And whatever I’m hearing or seeing | 而且任何我听到和看到的 |
[01:04] | is usually being shown to me for some important reason– | 都有出现的重要原因– |
[01:08] | a crime, a missing person, | 一次犯罪, 一次失踪 |
[01:11] | a crisis of the heart. | 一次心脏病 |
[01:13] | Except when I get sick, and I start taking medicine. | 除非我病了, 不得不吃药 |
[01:19] | Then there’s no telling whose head I’m going to pop into or out of. | 这时候我就混乱了 不知道我是进去或走出谁的脑袋 |
[01:23] | Off with her head. | 砍了她的头 |
[01:25] | Down with Versailles. | 去死吧 |
[01:28] | Let her eat cake. | 让她吃蛋糕 |
[01:30] | Ungrateful bastards. Have you actually tried cake? | 不领情的瘪三, 你们真的知道蛋糕什么滋味吗? |
[01:34] | It’s not like I said, “Let them eat brussels sprouts.” | 我又没有说 “让他们吃龙眼卷心菜” |
[01:40] | What’s going on? | 怎么了? |
[01:42] | You okay? | 你还好吗? |
[01:44] | Yeah, I’m okay. I just have a sore throat. | 是的, 我还好, 就是嗓子疼 |
[02:34] | Say “donuts” again. Say “donuts” again. | 再说一遍”炸圈饼”, 再说一遍”炸圈饼” |
[02:36] | Dodut. Dodut, dodut, dodut. | 炸圈瓶, 炸圈瓶, 炸圈瓶, 炸圈瓶 |
[02:40] | What are you doing out of bed? | 怎么不在床上躺着 |
[02:42] | I’m standing. It’s good. | 站着会比较舒服 |
[02:44] | When I was laying there, I couldn’t breathe. | 躺着那我呼吸不了 |
[02:46] | The alarm goes off, I pour cereal. It’s Pavlovian. | 闹钟一响, 我就要冲麦片 ,都成条件反射了 |
[02:49] | You still have a temperature. Did you take your medicine yet? | 还是有烧, 你吃过药了没有 |
[02:52] | I don’t like it. It makes me sleepy, and then I have weird dreams. | 我不要吃药, 会犯困的, 还做恶梦 |
[02:56] | Really? You? How can you tell? | 真的吗, 你怎么知道啊 |
[03:00] | You know, you don’t take your medicine, | 我想你也知道, 不吃药的话 |
[03:02] | you’re never going to shake this thing. | 你的病永远都好不了 |
[03:04] | I know. Believe me, once everyone’s fed and out of here, | 我知道, 相信我, 大家吃完了就快走 |
[03:08] | I am going to park myself on that couch, | 我想在沙发上躺一会儿 |
[03:10] | have lots of fluids and watch lots of TV. | 喝点水, 看会儿电视 |
[03:12] | And take your medicine. | 别忘了吃药 |
[03:14] | And take my medicine. | 一定吃 |
[03:27] | Up next on TV Time Capsule, it’s I Married A Mind Reader | 接下来是经典老片, 我娶了心灵读者 |
[03:31] | starring real-life husband and wife Abigail Marsh and Henry Stoller. | 由真正情侣档Abigail Marsh 和Henry Stoller领衔主演 |
[03:39] | Oh, my gosh. | Oh,我的天 |
[03:47] | Oh, Henry. | |
[03:50] | You’re home early. | 回来的真早 |
[03:51] | Happy Anniversary. | 结婚周年快乐 |
[03:53] | And here I was starting to think you’d forgotten. | 我还以为你忘了呢 |
[03:55] | Me? Never. | 我?永远不会 |
[03:57] | Go ahead, open it. | 快, 打开看看 |
[03:59] | Oh, Henry, they’re beautiful. | Oh, Henry, 真是太漂亮了 |
[04:03] | Aren’t they though? | 可不是嘛 |
[04:04] | Real imitation pearls. | 百分百假珍珠 |
[04:06] | Saved myself a bundle and she’ll never know the difference. | 省了一大笔钱, 而且她永远也不会知道是假的 |
[04:12] | Henry, you shouldn’t have. | Henry, 你不该这么破费的 |
[04:14] | You can say that again. | 那可是你说的哦 |
[04:17] | Only the best for you, honey. | 始终给你最好的, 亲爱的 |
[04:20] | – Let’s try them on. – Yeah. | – 戴上看看 – 好的 |
[04:25] | – Hello? – Hey, it’s me. | – Hey, 是我 |
[04:27] | Hey, Me. | Hey, 我 |
[04:29] | Listen, I just spoke to the Perellis and Valerie said I could drop the girls off with her | 听着, 我刚才跟Perellis Valerie说了 放学后 |
[04:32] | after school so you can get a break. | 放学后把孩子们放她那里, 你也可以休息一下了 |
[04:34] | No, it’s okay, you don’t have to. | 不了, 我还好, 不必了 |
[04:36] | Um, it’s done, so thank me later. | 就这样了, 以后再谢我吧 |
[04:39] | Um, what are you doing? Resting, I hope. | 你干吗呢? 希望是在休息 |
[04:41] | Absolutely. | 当然 |
[04:42] | You’re not going to believe what I just stumbled across– | 你不会相信的,我正巧看到一部– |
[04:45] | this show I used to love when I was a kid, I Married a Mind Reader. | 我小时候很喜欢看的电视剧, 我娶了心灵读者 |
[04:49] | You’re kidding, there’s a show like that? | 开玩笑, 有那部电视剧? |
[04:51] | I’m suing for invasion of privacy. | 我要告它侵犯隐私 |
[04:53] | Come on, you never heard of it? It’s an old show from the ’60s. | 拜托, 你没听过? 是60年代的老片了 |
[04:57] | It starred Abigail Marsh and Henry Stoller? | Abigail Marsh和Henry Stoller演的 |
[05:01] | You know, they were married in real life. | 他们还真的结婚了 |
[05:04] | Hey. | |
[05:06] | Okay, I’ve heard of it, I guess. | Ok, 我想我听过 |
[05:08] | Um, wasn’t that, like, years before you were born? | 不过, 那时候你还没从 你妈肚子出来吧 |
[05:12] | I used to watch the reruns. | 我看的重播 |
[05:13] | They haven’t shown them in years. I guess because of the scandal. | 好多年都没播了, 可能是因为那桩丑闻吧 |
[05:16] | Oh, okay, I’ll ask– What scandal? | Oh, ok, 什么丑闻 |
[05:19] | Henry Stoller, the husband? | Henry Stoller, 那个丈夫? |
[05:22] | At the height of the show’s popularity, he shot his wife to death. | 电视剧热播的时候, 他杀了她妻子 |
[05:26] | I’ll bet that hurt the comedy. | 我敢打赌那部喜剧就这样毁了 |
[05:28] | Okay. I can hear how bored you are, but this is serious. | Ok, 我知道你觉得无聊, 但这是很严肃的话题 |
[05:33] | Until I found out that he killed his wife, | 我知道他杀了妻子之前 |
[05:35] | I had the biggest crush on him. | 一直很喜欢他 |
[05:38] | Oh, well, who am I to stand in the way of true love? | Oh, 那么说是我妨碍了你寻找真爱了? |
[05:42] | I’ll just let you two get reacquainted. | 我会让你们重燃爱的火花的 |
[05:44] | Oh, it’s so nice to have a husband who understands. | Oh, 有个体贴的老公真好 |
[05:47] | All right. Say “hi” to Henry for me. | 那么, 替我给Henry打个招呼 |
[05:50] | What do you know? He says “hi” back. | 你知道吗? 他也向你问好 |
[05:57] | Oh, honey, you look beautiful. | Oh, 亲爱的, 你实在太美了 |
[05:59] | So tell me, where did you get them? | 告诉我, 这哪来的 |
[06:01] | Why Tiffany’s, of course. | 当然是Why Tiffany的 |
[06:03] | They’ll need to be insured. | 得去保下险 |
[06:05] | Why don’t I take them into the city tomorrow and have them appraised? | 我明天得去城里招摇一下 |
[06:09] | Oh, boy, my goose is cooked now. | Oh, 那可脸丢大了 |
[06:13] | Tell you what. | 这样吧 |
[06:15] | Why don’t I do it, save you the trip? | 我去, 你还不用赶路了 |
[06:21] | I’m sorry, give me that again. | 对不起, 你再说一遍 |
[06:26] | You know what? | 你知道吗? |
[06:28] | Why don’t I do it, save you the trip? | 我去, 你就不用赶路了? |
[06:30] | That’s not it. | 不是这个 |
[06:31] | – What, that’s not what? – I’m lost. | – 不是哪个 – 我忘了 |
[06:33] | – For God’s sake, Abigail. – Cut. | – 拜托, Abigail |
[06:35] | I need a script. Dorothy, where’s my script? | 我要剧本. Dorothy, 我的剧本呢? |
[06:39] | Dorothy? | |
[06:42] | Here you are, Mrs. Marsh. | 剧本, Marsh女士 |
[06:45] | Thank you, dear. | 谢谢, 亲爱的 |
[06:51] | I’ve got it. | 有了 |
[06:57] | From your line. | 从你这开始 |
[07:00] | Quiet everyone. | 各位安静 |
[07:02] | And we’re rolling. | 我们要开始了 |
[07:04] | And… | 好… |
[07:06] | action. | |
[07:07] | I’ll take them in, save you a trip to the city. | 我去, 免的你赶路了 |
[07:10] | I have a better idea, darling. | 我有个更好的提议, 亲爱的 |
[07:12] | I’ll come into town for lunch and afterwards we can take them in together. | 我要去城里吃午饭, 之后我们可以一起去 |
[07:18] | And cut! | 好, cut! |
[07:20] | Fabulous, Abby. Great work, Henry. | 好极了, Abby. 太棒了, Henry. |
[07:22] | All right, people, that’s a wrap. | 好, 大家收工了 |
[07:25] | Damn you, Henry. You do it on purpose. | 去你的, Henry, 你故意的 |
[07:27] | – What’s what? – Change the damn lines. | – 什么和什么啊 – 改那个该死的台词 |
[07:29] | Oh, lover, just trying to keep things fresh. | Oh, 亲爱的, 我只是换换花样 |
[07:32] | Well, it throws me off. | 好, 可把我晾一边了 |
[07:33] | Why don’t we just stick to the damn script. | 我们就照台词不行吗 |
[07:36] | All right. | 好吧 |
[07:37] | Come here. | 看 |
[07:39] | It says here it’s time to go to the Dresden for drinks. | 上面说是时候去Dresden喝几杯了 |
[07:42] | Now we’re on the same page. | 现在我们想到一起去了 |
[07:47] | Give me ten minutes. | 等我十分钟 |
[07:52] | Why don’t you come along, Dorothy? | 一起去吧, Dorothy? |
[07:54] | – Me? – Sure. | – 我? – 是啊 |
[07:55] | Ever been to the Dresden? | 去过Dresden吗? |
[07:57] | No, I didn’t think someone like me could even get in. | 没有, 像我这样的人可能进不去 |
[08:00] | Well, you’ll like it. It’s fun. | 你会喜欢的, 很有意思的 |
[08:02] | Okay. | |
[08:03] | Good. | 好 |
[08:04] | You can help me with my nails in the car. | 帮我在车上修修指甲 |
[08:19] | Oh, darling, did I tell you? | Oh, 亲爱的, 我告诉过你吗? |
[08:20] | The network called and asked if we’d like to participate | 电视台打来问我们是不是要参加 |
[08:23] | in the opening ceremonies at the New York World’s Fair next year. | 明年纽约世博会的开幕式 |
[08:27] | That’s exciting. I heard that’s going to be amazing. | 太有趣了, 听说上面有很多 稀奇古怪的发明 |
[08:32] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[08:34] | I love that sort of thing. | 我喜欢那样的发明 |
[08:36] | Progress. | 进步 |
[08:37] | The future. | 未来 |
[08:40] | Something wrong, dear? | 怎么了, 亲爱的? |
[08:42] | You two. You’re so excited. | 你们两个, 好像稍微兴奋了点 |
[08:47] | One of the advantages of being ever so slightly older | 稍长几岁的好处就是 |
[08:51] | is that you realize that the future is nothing more than another today. | 能够发现未来只不过是今天的重复 |
[08:59] | It’s just that when you get there | 那只是时间问题 |
[09:01] | you have more yesterdays behind you and fewer tomorrows to look forward to. | 昨天越多, 明天却越少 |
[09:08] | That’s my Abigail. | 这就是我的Abigail |
[09:11] | Her glass is perpetually half empty. | 她的杯子总是半空的 (美俗语,喻悲观主义者) |
[09:17] | There’s Sean Connery. | 那不是Sean Connery吗 |
[09:21] | Wow! | |
[09:22] | Boy, I’d like to be his cigarette. | 真想成为他嘴巴里的那根烟 |
[09:27] | Yeah, they talked to me about James Bond. | Yeah, 他们和我谈过James Bond |
[09:30] | Locked into our television show. Couldn’t get out. | 陷入我们那部戏 都快出不来了 |
[09:34] | I wouldn’t want to. | 我可不想那样 |
[09:36] | Gee, Mr. Stoller, you would’ve been amazing in that part. | Oh, Mr. Stoller, 你表演的太好了 |
[09:40] | Well, we’ll never know. | 嗯… 这个天晓得 |
[09:43] | Oh, please, you don’t have to stroke his ego, Dorothy. | Oh, 你可不要这样拍他马屁, Dorothy |
[09:48] | His ego, along with every other part of him, has been stroked quite enough in this lifetime. | 他可是在各方面 都被奉承个遍了 |
[09:53] | Well, thank you for bucking me up, darling. | 谢谢你的赞许, 亲爱的 |
[09:55] | Now, if you two ladies will excuse me, | 两位, 请允许我离开一下 |
[09:58] | I do believe I see my agent sitting across the room. | 我看到我的经纪人在那边 |
[10:02] | And he has to be nice to me. | 他一定要对我很好 |
[10:05] | I pay him ten percent. | 我给他10%提成 |
[10:08] | Excuse me. | 请原谅 |
[10:16] | Have you ever been in love, Dorothy? | 你恋爱过吗, Dorothy? |
[10:20] | I don’t know, Mrs. Marsh. | 我不大清楚, Marsh女士 |
[10:22] | I guess not. | 我想没有吧 |
[10:25] | It’s the ultimate performance. | 好戏才要开始 |
[10:30] | I need to visit the powder room. | 我想去下化妆间 |
[10:33] | Would you excuse me? | 可以吗? |
[10:35] | You’re excused. | 去吧 |
[10:42] | God, you scared me. | 天, 你吓到我了 |
[10:44] | See, I remembered you like it scary. You like it dangerous. | 我知道你喜欢刺激 |
[10:46] | – Really? – Really. | – 真的? – 当然 |
[10:54] | Come on, seriously, aren’t you afraid someone will see? | 说真的, 你不怕人看到? |
[10:57] | No. You? | 不会. 你呢? |
[11:05] | God, I hate her. I wish she was dead. | 天, 我太讨厌她了, 简直希望她早点死掉 |
[11:08] | Don’t say that. America loves her. | 别这样, 美国爱她 |
[11:10] | So what’s the problem? They can love her when she’s dead. | 那又怎样? 她死了, 大家还是可以一样迷她 |
[11:12] | Didn’t hurt Jimmy Dean’s career. | Jimmy Dean也不会受到太大影响 |
[11:15] | – Now you’re scaring me. – Good. | – 这下你吓到我了 – 那也不错 |
[11:24] | What are you doing? | 干吗呢? |
[11:27] | Dorothy? | |
[11:37] | What are you doing? | 干吗呢你? |
[11:38] | What are you doing? | 你在干吗? |
[11:40] | Mom… | 妈… |
[11:42] | Mom… Are you okay? | 妈… 你怎么了? |
[11:46] | M ommy. | 妈妈 |
[11:48] | Mom, are you okay? | 妈, 你还好吗? |
[11:53] | Wow. Talk about a fever. | Wow. 烧的够重的 |
[12:17] | What are you looking for this hour of the night? | 这么晚了找什么呢? |
[12:19] | Drugs from Canada? | 加拿大进口药? |
[12:21] | A fast and convenient way out of credit card debt? | 快速还卡债的办法? |
[12:24] | A thicker, longer penis? | 更粗, 更大的那东西? |
[12:28] | Who’s that? | 那谁啊 |
[12:30] | My preteen crush, Henry Stoller, | 我的偶像, Henry Stoller, |
[12:33] | one of the stars of I Married a Mind Reader. | 我娶了心灵读者里面的明星 |
[12:37] | I had a torrid little scene with him this afternoon while you were picking the girls up from school. | 你接孩子回家的时候, 我可和他干柴烈火了一番 |
[12:42] | Really? The famous wife killer? | 是吗? 就那个杀妻的? |
[12:45] | You two got together, and he rubbed Vapo Rub on your chest? | 他和你一起, 然后往你胸部涂感冒药膏? |
[12:49] | This guy’s got to be, like, 100 by now, right? | 那家伙, 现在大概100多岁了吧? |
[12:52] | He’s 84, but it was this Henry, the young one, that I… | 84, 我说的是Henry, 年轻的那个, 我… |
[12:58] | You don’t want to know. | 我想你没兴趣 |
[13:01] | Um, so what are we talking here? | 我们在瞎扯写什么呢 |
[13:04] | Some-Some kind of a dream? | 乱七八糟的梦? |
[13:07] | Answer slowly, ’cause I want to remember this | 说慢点, 我得记下来 |
[13:09] | so that I can repeat it to a divorce lawyer in the morning. | 明天才好和离婚律师慢慢说 |
[13:12] | I don’t know. I was watching TV, and then next thing I knew, I worked there. | 我不知道, 我那时在看电视, 然后就在那了工作了 |
[13:16] | Making the show. | 在拍电视剧 |
[13:17] | My name was Dorothy. | 我在那里叫Dorothy |
[13:19] | I told you this medicine had a strange effect on me. | 我早告诉过你这药对 我有奇怪的副作用 |
[13:22] | I have a confession to make. | 我招供 |
[13:24] | I had a dream once. | 我也做过一个梦 |
[13:26] | It was after I saw Fast Times at Ridgemont High. | 那是我看了开放的美国学府之后 |
[13:29] | It involved Phoebe Cates. | 里面有Phoebe Cates |
[13:31] | There. Now you know everything. | 然后, 该发生什么你也知道 |
[13:34] | Dirty boy. | 不正经 |
[13:35] | Here’s the weird thing. | 怪就怪在 |
[13:37] | You can’t possibly say that with a straight face. | 直面的时候很羞于启齿 |
[13:40] | When I was on that I Married a Mind Reader Web site, | 我在那个我娶了心灵读者的网站上 |
[13:44] | I looked at the credits for the show, and it said “Assistant to Mrs. Marsh, Dorothy Graybridge.” | 看到演员表里面有, “Marsh女士助手: Dorothy Graybridge” |
[13:49] | Dorothy. That’s who I was. Dorothy Graybridge. | Dorothy, 梦里面我就是她, |
[13:52] | I didn’t make her up. She’s a real person. | 那不是我捏造的, 是真的有这个人 |
[13:54] | Okay. So obviously, you saw her name on the credits of the show, | Ok. 很明显, 你在演员表上看到她的名字, |
[13:58] | and it stuck in your subconscious and… | 然后她就进入了你的潜意识… |
[13:59] | I don’t think so. I don’t remember seeing the credits. | 我不这样想. 我才没看过什么演员表 |
[14:02] | Okay. So, what’s your explanation? | Ok. 那么, 你如何解释? |
[14:04] | You had an imaginary hot time swapping phlegm with a guy you’ve never met, | 难道你从没想象和 一个你不认识的人缠绵 |
[14:07] | but had a thing for since you were 12. | 但是可能你12岁开始就这么想了 |
[14:09] | Where are you going with this, Allison? | 你觉得这又是怎么回事, Allison? |
[14:12] | You’re right. | 你是对的 |
[14:17] | I don’t know. | 我不清楚 |
[14:19] | You’re right, you’re right. | 你是对的, 你是对的 |
[14:22] | I think you’re right. | 我想你是对的 |
[14:23] | Say banana. | 说”香蕉” |
[14:24] | Badana, badana, badana. | 熊纠, 熊纠, 熊纠 |
[14:28] | I mean, why can’t I have a dream that’s just a dream? | 我说, 为什么我的梦那么奇怪 |
[14:30] | Why does everything have to mean something? | 一切都好像有所指似的 |
[14:32] | There you go. | 那确实是重点 |
[14:33] | Say toothpaste. | 说”牙膏” |
[14:36] | Doothpaste, doothpaste, doothpaste. | 羊羔, 羊羔, 羊羔 |
[14:41] | Yeah. I think that’s what it was. It was just a dream. | 对, 那不是别的, 是梦而已 |
[14:43] | Just some crazy, hot kind of dream. | 一些疯狂的梦 |
[14:47] | Did you have a bad dream, Mom? | 你做恶梦了, 妈妈? |
[14:49] | No. I’m just taking this medication. | 不是, 我只是在吃药 |
[14:54] | Say toilet paper. | 说”卫生纸” |
[14:56] | Stop it! That is totally obnoxious. | 够了! 那一点都不好玩 |
[14:58] | You’re obnoxious. | 你真讨厌 |
[15:00] | Why? Cause I said toilet paper? | 为什么? 因为我说了卫生纸? |
[15:03] | Toilet paper’s not bad. | 卫生纸有什么不好的 |
[15:04] | It’s natural. Right, Mommy? | 这很自然, 是吗, 妈妈? |
[15:06] | – Dad? – Okay. Enough about toilet paper. | – 爸爸? – Okay, 不要再说卫生纸了 |
[15:09] | Okay? I’m driving you guys to school again today, so, let’s wash up and get going. | Okay? 我今天载你们去学校, 先收拾干净 |
[15:14] | The only thing is that Dorothy thing. | 想不通的还是Dorothy那件事 |
[15:16] | I explained that. | 我和你解释过了 |
[15:18] | Right. Saw it, retained it, used it in my dream. | 好, 是我看到了, 记住了, 然后梦到了 |
[15:32] | Thanks so much for helping me with this, Marilyn. | 多谢你帮我, Marilyn. |
[15:35] | I’ve always wanted to throw a surprise party for Abigail. | 我一直想着要给Abigail办个惊喜派对 |
[15:40] | The ballroom at the Roosevelt Hotel? | Roosevelt饭店的舞厅? |
[15:43] | Well, that sounds like a fine idea. | 好, 听上去很不错 |
[15:45] | Why don’t we meet there in half an hour and have a look? | 我们半小时后在那碰头, 看一下如何? |
[15:48] | I’m just going to dash off and do a few errands. | 我出去办点急事 |
[15:52] | Be back in a couple of hours. | 大概要1-2个小时 |
[15:54] | All right, dear. | 好的, 亲爱的 |
[15:55] | Perfect! I can spend an hour with Marilyn at the hotel, and she won’t even know I was gone! | 太好了! 我可以和Marilyn在饭店 缠绵一个小时了, 她都不会知道我出去过 |
[16:02] | So, what is it you’re doing today, darling? | 那么, 你要出去做什么, 亲爱的? |
[16:06] | Oh, it’s so, uh, beautiful out, I-I thought I might go hit a bucket of balls. | Oh, 是这样的, 嗯, 天气很好, 我…我去打会高尔夫 |
[16:11] | Aha. That sounds like a fine idea. | 嗯. 还不错 |
[16:14] | Give me that again, Abby. | 再一遍, Abby. |
[16:16] | This time, uh, play it a little more hurt. | 这次, 嗯, 表现得更醋意点 |
[16:19] | You know what? I’d really rather not. | 知道吗? 我不会演的 |
[16:26] | Did I not give you the right line, darling? | 我对错台词了, 亲爱的? |
[16:28] | You’re always giving me a line, Henry. | 你总能对上的, Henry |
[16:31] | Is there anything I can do, Mrs. Marsh? | 我能做什么吗, Marsh女士? |
[16:33] | Is there anything you can’t? | 你有什么不能的吗? |
[16:37] | I guess I’m not feeling very well. | 我有点不舒服 |
[16:39] | If you have what you need, I’d really like to go home. | 如果可以的话, 我想回去了 |
[16:43] | Of course, Mrs. Marsh. | 当然, Marsh女士 |
[16:45] | That’s a wrap. | 收工 |
[16:48] | Would you like me to drive you, dear? | 要我送你吗, 亲爱的? |
[16:49] | I’ll be fine. | 不用了 |
[16:51] | That’s why we have a driver, darling. | 否则要司机干吗, 亲爱的 |
[16:52] | I’ll gather your things and meet you in the limo, Mrs. Marsh. | 我帮你收拾好东西, 在车里见, Marsh女士 |
[16:55] | That won’t be necessary. I’m gonna go home and rest. | 不用了, 我想回家休息 |
[16:58] | Perhaps Mr. Stoller could use a hand this afternoon. | 也许Stoller先生下午需要个助手 |
[17:05] | Actually, Dorothy, why don’t you come by the house tonight around 7:00? | 对了, Dorothy, 你今天晚上7点过来吧? |
[17:10] | You and I can run lines together. | 一起来对对台词 |
[17:13] | Of course, Mrs. Marsh. 7:00. | 好的, Marsh女士, 7点 |
[17:32] | I just know, she knows. | 我知道, 她一定发现了 |
[17:35] | Okay. | |
[17:37] | Come on, let’s get this over with. | 来, 我们把事情料理了 |
[17:40] | I’m sorry. | 对不起 |
[17:41] | I can’t do it. | 我做不到 |
[17:43] | I can’t go in there. | 我不能去 |
[17:44] | I know it has to be done. I know there’s no other way, but I… | 我知道事情一定得办, 我也知道无路可退, 但我… |
[17:47] | I-I can’t be there. | 我…我真的办不到 |
[17:50] | I can’t do it with you. | 我不能和你一起去 |
[17:51] | But you want this, too, right? | 难道这不是你想的吗? |
[17:54] | You’re the one who said that she was a monster. | 是你说她是个魔鬼 |
[17:56] | Yeah. | 是的 是你说她和那部戏束缚了你 |
[17:57] | You’re the one who said that she and the show are holding you back. | 是的 是你说她和那部戏束缚了你 |
[17:59] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[18:01] | You’re the one who said that your future was with me. | 是你说未来是属于我和你的 |
[18:04] | Yeah, all that’s true… | 是的, 那都是真的… |
[18:09] | but I can’t. | 但我真的办不到 |
[18:13] | Well then, I’ll just have to do it myself. | 那么, 只好我自己来了 |
[19:19] | – Hi. – Good Morning. | – 早上好 |
[19:20] | Hey, I didn’t expect to see you today. I heard you weren’t feeling well. | Hey, 我还以为你不会来了, 听说你病了 |
[19:23] | I’m feeling much better, thanks. I really need to see him. | 我好多了, 谢谢, 我得见见他 |
[19:28] | You killed her? | 你杀了她? |
[19:30] | Well, not me. | 不是我 |
[19:31] | Dorothy. | 是Dorothy |
[19:33] | Dorothy Graybridge. The woman that I was being in my dream or my vision or whatever. | 梦里面我是这个女人 |
[19:38] | I see. | 我知道了 |
[19:40] | And… why do I care? | 那么… 这又怎样 |
[19:43] | You sound like my husband. | 你口气像我老公一样 |
[19:44] | I’m sorry. I don’t mean to offend you. | 对不起, 我没有冒犯你的意思 |
[19:46] | And there’s no one who believes in getting to the truth more than I do, | 没有人比我更现实主义 |
[19:48] | but you’re talking over 40 years ago. | 而且你都在说40年前的事情 |
[19:51] | All these people could well be dead. | 那些人可能早死了 |
[19:53] | And I don’t hear a hue and cry to reopen this case, | 从来都没有人申诉过这案子 |
[19:55] | and I’m guessing this all took place in California. | 而且我想那都发生在California |
[19:58] | I’m not even licensed to practice law in California. | 我在California执法权都没有 |
[20:00] | I know that. | 我知道 |
[20:01] | But if you could just get someone to see if these people are alive. | 如果你能找人去查一下 |
[20:06] | Dorothy or Henry. | Dorothy或者Henry是否还活着 |
[20:08] | I would really like to see them. | 我很想见见他们 |
[20:11] | California? | |
[20:12] | You’re going to California? | 你要去California? |
[20:13] | Well, they haven’t found Dorothy yet, but it turns out | 嗯, 他们还没找到Dorothy, 但是很明显 |
[20:15] | that Henry Stoller is still alive and he’s in prison there. | Henry Stoller还活着, 在监狱里 |
[20:19] | And Devalos pulled some strings and arranged for me to meet with him tomorrow. | 老天安排我明天和他见面 |
[20:22] | Great. Maybe you could bring along one of your old stuffed animals, and you can get him to sign it for you. | 好极了. 也许你可以带个毛毛熊, 让他给签个名在上面 |
[20:26] | – That’s not nice. – Good. It wasn’t meant to be. | – 一点也不好 – 好, 不一定要签的 |
[20:28] | The guy’s been in prison for the last 40 years. | 那个人已经在监狱40年了 |
[20:30] | Hey, I’ve been taking the kids back and forth to school all week. | Hey, 我整个礼拜都在来回送孩子 |
[20:33] | – Oh, so that’s what this is? – I didn’t kill anyone. | – Oh, 那又怎样 – 我可没有杀人 |
[20:35] | Joe is feeling tired. | 我已经很累了 |
[20:37] | That came out the wrong way. What I meant to say was… | 也许我不该那么说 我只是想说… |
[20:39] | – You pick them up from school. – …you just got over being sick… | – 你来接他们回家 – …你的病都快好了… |
[20:41] | – Valerie’s gets them from there. – If, in fact, you’re really over it. | – 那让Valerie来接 – 如果, 事实上, 你真的有点过 |
[20:43] | – Then you swing by and pick them up… – She has a long way to go. | – 然后你再回头去接孩子… – 她得走很多路 |
[20:46] | – …when you’re coming back from work. – It’s an awful lot of trouble to go to… | – …你回家时候顺便去 – 那真他妈的是个麻烦… |
[20:47] | …make sure Ariel does her math homework, give Marie her ear drops… | …一定要让Ariel做数学作业, 把Marie的耳坠给她… |
[20:50] | – …reaction to some bad medication…? – You know what, | – …这是药的副作用…? – 你懂个吗, |
[20:52] | if you did this every day for the next five years we still wouldn’t be even. | 就算你这样再接五年, 也及不上我接的多 |
[21:02] | What am I doing? If you have to go, you have to go. | 我在干吗? 你真想去, 那就去吧 |
[21:04] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[21:05] | Hey, if your boss thinks this is worthy of a plane trip and a hotel room… | Hey, 如果你老板觉得这值得 买张飞机票外加一个房间的话… |
[21:08] | – Actually, he’s not paying for it. – Excuse me? | – 当然没有, 不是他买的单 – 你说什么? |
[21:11] | It’s not official business. It didn’t even happen in the state of Arizona. | 这不算差事, 和Arizona州无关 |
[21:13] | Wait a second, who’s paying for the ticket? Who’s paying for the hotel? | 等等, 谁付的机票钱? 谁订的酒店? |
[21:17] | We are. | 我们 |
[21:19] | I’m using some of the money that I’ve been making. | 用了点我自己的钱 |
[21:26] | That’s my cab. Could you get the girls so I could say good-bye to them please? | 车来了, 把孩子们叫来, 让我说声再见好吗? |
[21:42] | I’m sorry? | 请问? |
[21:44] | You are? | 你是? |
[21:46] | Mr. Stoller… I’m Allison Dubois. | Stoller先生… 我叫Allison Dubois |
[21:48] | I’m with the District Attorney’s office in Phoenix, Arizona. | 我在Arizona州Phoenix地区的 律师事务所工作 |
[21:53] | Strange. | 奇怪 |
[21:55] | You look familiar. | 你看上去好脸熟 |
[21:58] | But I don’t know anyone in Arizona. | 不过我在Arizona一个人都不认识 |
[22:02] | Of course, I don’t know anyone anywhere anymore. | 实际上, 我现在哪里都 半个人不认识 |
[22:07] | Thank you for meeting with me today. | 多谢你今天能接待我 |
[22:10] | I want you to know it’s such an honor to meet you. | 你知道, 能见到你真是太荣幸了 |
[22:14] | I used to watch you on television. | 我过去经常看你的电视 |
[22:17] | They’re starting to show them again, you know. | 你知道, 电视里又在重播了 |
[22:23] | The reason that I’m here today, is… | 我今天来, 是因为… |
[22:27] | I’ve been investigating your wife’s murder… | 我在调查谋杀你妻子的真凶… |
[22:30] | and I believe there’s been a gross miscarriage of justice. | 我觉得这案子是误判 |
[22:34] | With your help, I think we can reopen the case | 如果你能帮忙, 案子就可以重审 |
[22:38] | and get to the truth. | 找出事实的真相 |
[22:40] | Miss… | 小姐… |
[22:43] | I’m sorry, I… I just can’t hold names in my head anymore. | 对不起, 我… 我这脑子记不住什么了 |
[22:49] | As much as I’d like to say that were true, | 我说的都是真的 |
[22:52] | I’m afraid it just isn’t. | 恐怕没有 |
[22:55] | There’s been no miscarriage of justice. | 这案子没有误判 |
[22:58] | I was properly tried, and convicted a long, long time ago. | 很久以前我就被审理, 然后定罪了 |
[23:05] | – I know that you confessed to her murder, but… – What else is there to know? | – 我知道你承认谋杀, 但… – 还有什么想知道的吗? |
[23:10] | I shot my wife in cold blood. | 我无情的杀了我妻子 |
[23:14] | There’s not a day goes by that I don’t wish I could undo it, but I can’t. | 我没有一天不后悔的, 但一切都晚了 |
[23:20] | I’m an old man. | 我已经老了 |
[23:23] | And frankly, this is not something that I wish to discuss. | 坦白说, 我不大想谈这个 |
[23:29] | Thank you for the visit, | 谢谢你来看我 |
[23:31] | but I… | 但我… |
[23:33] | I’m really rather tired right now. | 我现在真的很累了 |
[23:53] | I feel like a jackass. | 我觉得我简直像个蠢蛋 |
[23:55] | Well, unfortunately, I don’t know where to buy a good jackass in California, | 太糟了, 我可不知道California 哪里有蠢蛋出售 |
[23:58] | so I think you’re just plumb out of luck. | 我觉得你像个不走运的铅锤 |
[24:00] | Don’t you do that– | 别这样– |
[24:02] | don’t you be nice, don’t you be funny, not when I’ve been so… | 别对我这么好, 别这样逗我开心, 当初我太… |
[24:04] | How did it go in Alcatraz, or Folsom, or wherever the hell it is you are? | 你在Alcatraz怎么样? 还是在Folsom? 还是别的什么鬼地方? |
[24:09] | Oh, Joe… | |
[24:10] | The dream you dreamt is not the life he lived? | 事实不是你梦到的那样的? |
[24:13] | – I’m sorry. | – I’m sorry. – 不好意思 – 是我不好意思 |
[24:16] | So how are the girls? | 孩子们怎样了 |
[24:17] | Happy. Eating pizza. | 开心着呢, 在吃pizza |
[24:18] | Pizza? What about my lasagna? | Pizza? 那我的烤面条呢? |
[24:21] | I’m just hazarding a guess here, but when you said 15 minutes, | 我弄错时间了, 不过你说的15分钟, |
[24:24] | you meant the “oven” oven, right? Not the microwave? | 是指烤箱吗? 不是微波炉吧? |
[24:29] | So, anyway, I guess I’ll fly home tonight. | 算了, 我想今晚就飞回去 |
[24:33] | Now listen, the District Attorney’s office called here | 那个, 检察官办公室打来过电话 |
[24:35] | and they said that they found that Dorothy Graybridge you were looking for. | 他们说找到了你正在找的那个 |
[24:38] | I left the adress in your hotel. So, if you wanted to stay over and maybe try and see her tomorrow. | 我把地址给了你住的饭店了, 你可以留下来, 明天去见见她 |
[24:43] | I got this completely under control here. | 这里交给我没问题 |
[24:45] | See, there you go again– being nice. | 你又来了– 对我这么好 |
[24:55] | May I help you? | 请问有什么事吗? |
[24:56] | I was wondering if it might be possible to speak with Dorothy Graybridge? | 我想知道, 我有可能和Dorothy Graybridge 见一下吗吗? |
[25:00] | Oh, are you family? | Oh, 你是她的家人? |
[25:02] | No, no, I’m more like a distant acquaintance. | 不, 不是的, 算是认识 |
[25:05] | Oh, I’m sorry, but Miss Graybridge passed away yesterday. | Oh, 很抱歉, Graybridge女士昨天去世了 |
[25:10] | She did? | 她去世了? |
[25:12] | I’m terribly sorry. | 我真的很抱歉 |
[25:14] | If you want to leave your phone number, I could give it to the family | 你可以留个电话, 我会帮你转给她家人的 |
[25:16] | and see if anyone’s interested in talking to you. | 看看你能不能和他们谈谈 |
[25:17] | No, no, no. I didn’t really know her that way. | 不, 不, 不, 我其实和她没那么熟 |
[25:20] | I just wanted to ask her about a TV show she used to work on. | 我只是想了解一下她 以前演的一部电视剧 |
[25:24] | I Married a Mind Reader? | 我娶了心灵读者? |
[25:25] | We know all about that. | 我们都知道 |
[25:27] | You know, she’d been in a deep coma for that past six weeks. | 她之前6个星期一直都深度昏迷 |
[25:31] | But when we heard they were showing that series again, | 但是我们听说那部电视剧在重播 |
[25:34] | we started to turn on her TV every afternoon and turn the volume up. | 我们每天下午打开电视, 调高音量 |
[25:38] | Now I don’t know whether or not she could hear it, | 不知道她有没有听到 |
[25:40] | but I’m here to tell you, her brain wave activity– | 但是这点可以确定, 她的脑电波– |
[25:43] | when that show was playing it spiked like crazy. | 在播那部戏的时候异常活跃 |
[25:46] | Really? | 是吗? |
[25:49] | Would you excuse me? | 不好意思 |
[25:52] | I’ll be back for the rest tomorrow. | 我明天来拿剩下的 |
[26:01] | Excuse me, sir? | 打扰一下, 先生? |
[26:04] | I’m sorry. | 恩… |
[26:06] | Are you speaking to me? | 你在和我说话? |
[26:22] | I am perplexed, young lady. | 我有点困惑,年轻女士 |
[26:25] | Did we not speak yesterday? | 我们昨天不是谈过了吗? |
[26:28] | What could possibly be different other than that I’m a day older. | 除了我又老了一天以外, 你觉得会有什么其他改变吗 |
[26:33] | I met your son. | 我见到你儿子了 |
[26:35] | The son that you had with Dorothy Graybridge. | 你和Dorothy Graybridge的儿子 |
[26:39] | He told you that? | 他说的? |
[26:43] | He told you he was my son? | 他说他是我儿子? |
[26:46] | No. | 没有 |
[26:48] | In fact, it was clear to me that he has no idea that you are his father. | 事实上, 很明显他不知道你是他父亲 |
[26:57] | The doctor said that she died peacefully yesterday morning. | 医生说她昨天早上很安详地去世了 |
[27:03] | Although I’m not so sure. | 虽然我还不是很确信 |
[27:07] | You didn’t kill your wife, did you? | 你妻子不是你杀的吧? |
[27:13] | I didn’t even know Dorothy had a gun. | 我都不知道Dorothy有枪 |
[27:18] | I had no idea that was in the cards. | 我也不知道事情会那样 |
[27:23] | All I knew was that she was pregnant, and we were in love… | 我只知道她怀孕了, 而我们在热恋中… |
[27:28] | and she was determined to tell Abigail. | 她决定去告诉Abigail |
[27:34] | Okay, come on, let’s get this over with. | 来, 我们把事情料理了 |
[27:37] | I’m sorry. I can’t do it. | 对不起,但我真的办不到 |
[27:40] | Well, then I’ll just have to do it myself. | 那么, 只好我自己来了 |
[28:43] | Oh, my… | |
[28:45] | I-I-I didn’t do this. | 不…不…不是我干的 |
[28:47] | It’s not what you think. | 不是你想的那样的 |
[28:55] | What? | 什么? |
[28:57] | I know it looks crazy. It is crazy, but… | 我知道这太疯狂了, 太难以置信了, 可… |
[29:02] | You believe me… | 你相信我… |
[29:04] | don’t you? | 不是吗? |
[29:12] | Let’s not worry about what I believe. | 我信不信先别管 |
[29:20] | Let’s worry about what the police are going to believe. | 先担心警察信不信吧 |
[29:23] | What are you doing? | 你这是做什么? |
[29:25] | Why are you doing that? | 为什么这么做? |
[29:28] | Get out of here, Dorothy. | 快走, Dorothy |
[29:30] | Go somewhere. | 离开这里 |
[29:32] | Have our baby. | 生下我们的孩子 |
[29:33] | What… what about us? | 那… 那我们呢? |
[29:36] | What about our future? | 我们的未来呢? |
[29:37] | I’m taking care of our future. | 这就是为了我们的未来 |
[29:45] | I’m going to call the police and confess. | 我去找警察自首 |
[29:49] | You just promise me one thing. | 答应我一件事 |
[29:52] | You’ll never tell our child about any of this. | 千万不要把这些告诉我们的孩子 |
[29:55] | You’ll never tell our child about me… | 别让孩子知道我的事情… |
[29:59] | or any of this. | 任何事都别 |
[30:08] | “Just promise me… | “答应我… |
[30:10] | that you’ll never tell our child about me, | 别让孩子知道我的事情, |
[30:15] | or any of this. | 任何事都别说, |
[30:19] | Just promise me.” | 答应我.” |
[30:21] | So you took the blame. | 你顶了罪 |
[30:24] | The only honorable thing I’ve done in my entire life. | 这辈子最值得骄傲的事情 |
[30:29] | Please, I beg you– | 求求你– |
[30:35] | don’t take that away from me now. | 别让我唯一的骄傲都付诸东流 |
[30:47] | I know you. | 我就知道是你 |
[30:48] | I’m not sure that’s necessarily something you want to brag about. | 这恐怕没有什么好吹嘘的吧 |
[30:52] | – Welcome home. – Thank you. | – 欢迎回家 – 谢谢 |
[30:55] | For what it’s worth, you sound better. | 看来挺值得的, 你看上去好多了 |
[30:57] | I mean, I don’t hear your cold anymore. | 我是说, 好像感冒好了 |
[31:00] | Yes, I seem to have stumbled upon an amazing cure. | 是啊, 看来是凑巧 |
[31:03] | First, you have to investigate a murder that no one cares about, | 首先, 你得去调查一件 没人感兴趣的谋杀案 |
[31:06] | but you got to be sure to arrive just as the guilty party dies. | 可是最后却发现凶手已经死了 |
[31:11] | And yet, still in time for the falsely imprisoned to tell you to leave them the hell alone. | 其次, 无罪的人却被关押着, 还对你说不要管他 |
[31:17] | Hey, whatever it takes. | Hey, 反正就是那样了 |
[31:21] | I missed you. | 我好想你 |
[31:23] | I missed you. | 我也想你 |
[31:25] | Dorothy Graybridge… | |
[31:28] | She was in a coma. | 她昏迷了 |
[31:31] | I’m guessing she knew she was close to death. | 我猜她当时知道自己快死了 |
[31:34] | And every day the people at the nursing home would turn on the show and play it in her room. | 每天护理院的人都打开电视 让她听见那部电视剧 |
[31:42] | She must have carried that guilty secret her whole life. | 她肯定这辈子都生活在那个 罪恶的秘密的阴影中 |
[31:47] | Hearing the show brought back memories, and me with my crazy thought antenna. | 听到电视让她回想起过去, 而我像天线一样接受着她胡乱的思绪 |
[31:53] | You must have just snatched it out of the air every day. | 你一定是每天都伸着天线 |
[31:57] | You were watching the show, | 你在看电视 |
[31:59] | she was hearing the show. | 而她在听电视 |
[32:05] | I knew what everybody looked like except Dorothy, | 除了Dorothy, 其他人的样子, 我都知道 |
[32:08] | so I made Dorothy look like me. | 所以我把Dorothy想象成我 |
[32:14] | So what was the point? | 重点是什么 |
[32:17] | What do you mean? | 什么意思? |
[32:19] | There has to be a point. | 一定有个重点 |
[32:21] | Whenever I see these things, it’s for a reason. | 我看到这些的时候, 总是有原因的 |
[32:25] | But this time? | 但这次呢? |
[32:28] | Hey, you got me. | Hey, 你难倒我了 |
[32:33] | You can’t prove he’s innocent. | 你没法证明他是清白的 |
[32:35] | And even if you could, he doesn’t want you to. | 就算你可以, 他也不希望你这么做 |
[32:38] | Maybe it’s what you said last week. | 也许就像你上个礼拜说的 |
[32:41] | Maybe it’s just a dream… | 也许这只是一个梦… |
[32:43] | a nightmare. | 一个噩梦 |
[32:45] | It came to you for no particular reason at all. | 完全没有什么特殊的原因 |
[33:47] | Don’t do that. | 别关 |
[33:49] | I like that light. | 我喜欢那种亮光 |
[33:51] | The sound is hideous. | 声音是太吵了 |
[33:53] | You keep that off, but I like that light, | 把声音关了, 但是我喜欢光 |
[33:56] | that white light. | 白色的光 |
[33:58] | Switch it back on, would you? | 能再打开来吗? |
[34:05] | I heard you talking in the bedroom earlier. | 我刚才听到你们在卧室的谈话 |
[34:10] | You don’t look anything like her, by the way. | 你一点都不像她,顺便说一下 |
[34:13] | Dorothy? | |
[34:15] | The woman who murdered you? | 那个杀死你的女人? |
[34:17] | Dorothy committed any number of sins, but murder wasn’t one of them. | Dorothy有许多罪, 但并没有谋杀 |
[34:22] | I’m sorry. I don’t understand. | 对不起, 我听不懂 |
[34:25] | I didn’t really ask Dorothy to come over to the house that night to run lines with me. | 那天晚上, 我叫Dorothy来, 其实不是为了对台词 |
[34:31] | Look at the television. | 看着电视 |
[34:43] | Mrs. Marsh? It’s Dorothy. | Marsh女士 是我, Dorothy |
[34:54] | Mrs. Marsh? | Marsh女士 |
[34:56] | Come in, Dorothy. | 进来吧, Dorothy |
[35:01] | I’m sorry I didn’t get up to let you in. | 很抱歉没有亲自给你开门 |
[35:03] | I guess I’m still not feeling a hundred percent. | 我还是觉得不大舒服 |
[35:08] | Mrs. Marsh, there’s something I need to talk to you about. | Marsh女士, 我有事想和你谈 |
[35:11] | Oh? | |
[35:13] | I just… | 我只是… |
[35:15] | I want you to know that I genuinely appreciate the opportunity | 想让你知道我真的很珍惜这次机会 |
[35:20] | you’ve given me with this job, but something has happened. | 你给我介绍这份工作, 但是出了点事 |
[35:26] | Something I never could have anticipated. | 这件事是我从不想涉入的 |
[35:28] | My goodness. | 天哪 |
[35:29] | I mean, the last thing in the world I would want to do is hurt you, but, | 我是说,我真的不想伤害到你,不过, |
[35:37] | but you need to know the truth. | 不过你得知道真相 |
[35:41] | The truth is, Henry and I… | 真相就是,我和Henry… |
[35:43] | Henry? | |
[35:49] | Henry and I have fallen in love. And… | 我和Henry相爱了, 而且… |
[35:54] | And? | 而且什么? |
[35:56] | And we’re going to have a baby. | 我们要有孩子了 |
[36:02] | I see. | 我知道了 |
[36:04] | Well… | 好吧… |
[36:08] | Actually, Dorothy, | 事实上,Dorothy, |
[36:10] | I have a confession to make– | 我也有事瞒着你– |
[36:13] | I knew that. | 我早就知道了 |
[36:22] | Are you all right, Dorothy? | 看到了吗, Dorothy? |
[36:24] | Something the matter? | 看清楚这是什么了吗? |
[36:27] | I don’t know. | 我不明白 |
[36:30] | What is that? | 那是什么? |
[36:32] | That? That’s where you shot me, dear. | 这里?是你开枪打的啊 |
[36:36] | About three minutes before you got here. | 你来之前的三分钟… |
[36:40] | Now you’re going to shoot me again. | 现在, 你又要开枪了 |
[36:44] | No! | 不要! |
[36:49] | No! | 不要! |
[36:52] | Henry! | |
[37:01] | Henry! | |
[37:07] | I didn’t do it. It’s not what you think. | 不是我干的, 不是你想的那样的 |
[37:10] | Oh, my God. | Oh, 天 |
[37:19] | Wait a second. | 等等 |
[37:20] | So you want me to believe it was you? | 你想让我相信那就是你? |
[37:24] | That you would do that to yourself? | 你朝自己开枪? |
[37:27] | But why? | 但为什么? |
[37:29] | Have you ever been in love, Mrs. Dubois? | 你爱过吗, Dubois女士? |
[37:31] | I am in love, Mrs. Marsh. | 我和我老公很相爱, Marsh女士 |
[37:34] | But what if you were the only one? | 可是, 如果你是一厢情愿呢? |
[37:37] | What if you were in love… | 如果你非常爱他… |
[37:39] | alone? | 却是单相思呢? |
[37:42] | And what if you had lymphoma and nobody knew about it? | 如果你得了淋巴癌却没有人知道? |
[37:45] | Not even your husband? | 甚至你丈夫都不知道呢? |
[37:49] | I’d been seeing a doctor in Nevada. | 我在Nevada治疗 |
[37:52] | I didn’t want anyone to know. | 我不想让其他人知道 |
[37:54] | Not the studios, not the network. | 片场也好, 电视台也好 |
[37:58] | There was no treatment for it… | 那是不治之症… |
[38:00] | back then. | 话说回来 |
[38:04] | Finally, the tests came back. He gave me three months. | 最后,测试结果说,我只能再活三个月 |
[38:11] | Three short months. | 那么短暂的三个月 |
[38:14] | And I wanted to tell Henry. | 我本来想告诉Henry的 |
[38:17] | I was planning on it. I was. | 我都计划过了, 真的 |
[38:22] | But then when I found out about him and Dorothy… | 但是当我发现Dorothy和他的事… |
[38:26] | found out about the baby… | 发现他们有了孩子… |
[38:31] | I need you to do something for me, Mrs. Dubois. | 我需要你帮我件事儿, Dubois女士 |
[38:39] | Hey, what’s going on? | Hey, 怎么了? |
[38:42] | I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to frighten you. | 对不起, 我不想吓你的 |
[38:45] | I… I think I have to go back to California tomorrow. | 我… 我想我明天得再去次California |
[38:56] | What am I looking at here, young lady? | 我这是在这里干吗, 姑娘? |
[38:58] | Why are you here again?! | 你怎么又来了?! |
[39:02] | Those are your wife’s medical records. | 这是你妻子的医疗记录 |
[39:04] | She was dying of a terminal illness. | 她当时已经是癌症晚期, 生命垂危了 |
[39:08] | And this… | 这个是… |
[39:10] | is a receipt for a gun that she purchased two days before her death. | 她死之前2天买枪的收据 |
[39:20] | Oh, my God… | Oh, 我的天… |
[39:25] | I had no idea. | 我一点不知道 |
[39:28] | How did you find this? | 你哪里找到的? |
[39:31] | A friend of the family’s pointed me towards a safety deposit box in Nevada. | 她家人的朋友指点我在Nevada 当地的一个银行保险箱里面找到的 |
[39:36] | The point is… | 其实… |
[39:38] | with this information, I’m fairly certain that we could reopen your case. | 有了这些, 你的案子完全可以重审了 |
[39:42] | If we can demonstrate that Abigail took her own life | 如果我们可以证明Abigail怎么自杀的 |
[39:45] | and if you’re willing to recant your confession, you could go free. | 如果你愿意放弃你之前的供认, 你就可以重获自由 |
[39:50] | I’m an old man. | 我已经老了 |
[39:54] | What does it matter now? | 那还有用吗? |
[39:56] | It may not matter to you, | 对你也许是不重要, |
[39:59] | but I asked someone to come here with me to whom it will matter a great deal. | 但是我今天带来了一个人, 对他来说是非常重要的 |
[40:46] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[40:52] | Dorothy? | |
[40:53] | Ma’am? | 小姐? |
[40:55] | We can’t have you loitering in the hallway. | 你不能在这里逗留 |
[40:58] | I-I was just talking to… | 我…我只说两句 |
[41:03] | Ma’am? | 小姐? -=结束=- |