时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:07] | He just left. | 他正要走 |
[00:08] | Just had his methadone. | 刚用完镇静剂 |
[00:10] | Dark hair, five-11, medium build. | 黑发,1米8,中等体形 |
[00:13] | Now, how do I get my money? | 我怎么拿到钱? |
[01:13] | What’s he saying? What’s he screaming about? | 他说什么?喊叫什么? |
[01:15] | What do you think he’s saying? He wants to know what we’re up to. | 你以为他说啥?他想知道我们要干什么? |
[01:20] | You want to know what we’re up to? | 想知道我们怎么办? |
[01:22] | We’re gonna help you kick. | 我们要帮着你. |
[01:24] | Gonna help you clean up. | 直登极乐世界 |
[01:42] | 泽cabastes? | |
[01:46] | 泽cabastes? It’s Spanish. Acabastes?是西班牙语 | |
[01:48] | It means, “Are you done?” “Are you through?” | 意思是, “你完事没有?” |
[01:53] | You don’t know what “Acabastes” means? | 你不知道 “Acabastes” 的意思? |
[01:56] | Oh, that’s funny, ’cause you’ve been raving in Spanish for the last ten minutes. | Oh, 有意思, 你都叨咕10分钟西班牙语了. |
[02:01] | Really? | 真的? |
[02:04] | Well, I don’t know what to tell you. I was dreaming, Joe. | 不知跟你说啥,我做梦来, Joe. |
[02:08] | Yeah. | |
[02:10] | But if you don’t speak Spanish… | 不过要是你不会西班牙语… |
[02:13] | I mean, what, your dreams are subtitled? | 我意思是,你做梦还带字幕啊? |
[02:18] | Sorry I asked. | 抱歉,多此一问 |
[03:08] | And then after school, we can start the model at my house? | 放学后,可以在我家开始做模型? |
[03:12] | Tell him you love him. | 告诉他你爱他 |
[03:14] | That’s it! As soon as I get off the phone, I’m going to kill you! | 边儿去,一打完电话,我就杀了你! |
[03:18] | You look scary. You look like a killer sister. | 你看着真恐怖,像个杀手姐姐 |
[03:21] | Yeah? No, that’s just my little sister. | Yeah?不,那是我的小妹 |
[03:25] | Say, “I love you, Sean.” | 说, “我爱你, Sean.” |
[03:26] | I’ve been talking to my parents about maybe trading her in and getting a dog. | 我和我爸妈商量卖了她换一条狗. |
[03:30] | Good morning. | 早上好 |
[03:31] | Dad? Are you trading me in for a dog? | 爸爸? 你要拿我换狗吗? |
[03:34] | Hm? | 嗯? |
[03:36] | Ariel. | |
[03:37] | I’m on the phone. | 我打电话呢 |
[03:38] | I’m asking Mom. | 我去问妈妈 |
[03:40] | She’ll know! | 她知道 |
[03:41] | It’s ten after 7:00. Who are you calling? | 才7:10,跟谁打电话呢? |
[03:43] | Okay, um, I’ll see you in class. | Okay, 上课见 |
[03:46] | Bye. | |
[03:47] | Who was that? | 是谁? |
[03:49] | Sean Bertoni. | |
[03:51] | He’s my, uh, partner for the science fair project. | 他是我参加科学竞赛的搭档 |
[03:54] | And her boyfriend! | 也是她男朋友! |
[03:56] | He’s coming over after school so we can start working together. | 他放学后过来,我们一块工作 |
[03:59] | Science fair, huh? What kind of project are you guys thinking about doing? | 科学竞赛, huh? 你们要做什么? |
[04:03] | Actually, we’re thinking of doing something with rockets. | 火箭之类的东西 |
[04:07] | Rockets! I like it. | 火箭! 我喜欢 |
[04:09] | It was Sean’s idea. | 是Sean的主意 |
[04:11] | Hmm, well, then I think I like Sean Bertoni. | Hmm, 我喜欢这个Sean Bertoni. |
[04:14] | Dad, Mommy’s missing! I can’t find her anywhere! | Dad, Mommy不见了! 到处找不着! |
[04:17] | No, she’s fine. | 没事,她很好 |
[04:19] | Stop yelling. You’ll wake your sister. | 别叫了,会把妹妹吵醒 |
[04:21] | But, Dad… | 可是, Dad… |
[04:23] | I can’t find her, and if I can’t find her, how are we apposed to get to school? | 我找不着她,要是我找不着她,我们怎么去学校? |
[04:27] | I’m gonna take you to school. Mom had to go into work early. | 我带你们去,妈妈早上班去了 |
[04:30] | Something came up, something very special came up, and Mom had to go into work extra early. | 出事了,出大事了,所以妈妈得早早地去上班 |
[04:36] | The lucky stiff. | 幸运的人 |
[04:39] | And that one’s for Mrs. Dubois, courtesy of the Mayor’s Office. | 那个是Dubois太太的, 承蒙市长关照 |
[04:43] | All we ask is that you avoid any contact with the press. | 唯一的要求是避免接触媒体 |
[04:46] | If you do get buttonholed by someone, just please, steer them over to me. | 谁要是烦你,让他们找我 |
[04:50] | Have you ever attended one of these before? | 以前来过这场合吗? |
[04:53] | State execution? No. | 死刑现场? 没有. |
[04:55] | It was my idea– | 是我的主意 |
[04:56] | Mrs. Dubois has been doing a lot of work as a jury consultant for my office in capital punishment cases, | Dubois太太为我做了很多死刑的陪审顾问工作 |
[05:02] | and I thought if she was gonna have a hand in ending someone’s life, | 我觉得她要是亲身参与某人的死亡过程 |
[05:05] | it was important that she see, um… | 她看到的非常重要, um… |
[05:08] | The end result? | 最后结果? |
[05:10] | I’ll be curious to see what you think. | 我很明白你所想的. |
[05:12] | For me, the event itself is… always surprisingly matter-of-fact. | 对我来说,事情本事… 总是意外地平淡 |
[05:19] | And then the memory of it, it stays with you for the rest of your life. | 然而它的记忆,却终身挥之不去 |
[05:33] | I have to say, I’m impressed you’re going through with this. | 老实说,我很感动你来经历这种事 |
[05:36] | You might want to hold that thought till after in case I pass out or throw up or something. | 还是等等再说吧,别万一我晕过去要么吐出来什么的 |
[05:40] | You wouldn’t be the first. | 早有先例 |
[05:42] | Just keep in mind, people like Reynaldo Cerrera are the reason the death penalty exists. | 记住了Reynaldo Cerrera这种人就是死刑存在的原因 |
[05:46] | I prosecuted the man myself. | 我起诉的他 |
[05:48] | Guilty of four counts of murder, including the shooting death of a seven-year-old girl, | 4项谋杀,包括射杀一个7岁的小女孩 |
[05:52] | who happened to be walking down the street during a drive-by attack by a rival drug gang. | 只不过是在黑帮火拼的时候碰巧路过 |
[05:57] | And the four counts are just what I could link to him directly. | 这四项都是有直接证据的 |
[06:00] | God knows how many other murders he ordered. | 天知道他还指挥了多少桩谋杀 |
[06:02] | Or how many people died because of the junk he was peddling. | 多少人死于他贩卖的毒品 |
[06:07] | Everyone’s entitled to their opinion, of course, but if you ask me, lethal injection | 人人有权表达意见,要是问我的话,就是死刑 |
[06:11] | is too gentle, too civilized an ending for an animal like Cerrera. | 对于像Cerrera这种畜生也太宽厚仁慈了. |
[06:19] | That’s funny. | 奇怪. |
[06:21] | What’s that? | 什么? |
[06:21] | Don’t you usually call in the coroner when there’s a question about the cause of death? | 你们不是在怀疑死亡原因的时候才叫验尸官来吗? |
[06:25] | Seems today would be a foregone conclusion. | 今天好像不用吧 |
[06:27] | Well, they’re not really coroners, they’re the drivers. | 他们不是真的验尸官,是司机 |
[06:31] | They’re here to transport the remains to the Medical Examiner’s Office. | 他们把尸体运到医疗处 |
[06:34] | State requires that we do an autopsy before we hand over the body to the family. | 州政府要求我们在把尸体移交家属前做解剖 |
[06:39] | We’re nothing if not thorough. | 我们做事极其周到 |
[06:45] | He looks so calm. | 他看上去真平静 |
[06:48] | They’re given a sedative. | 事先打过镇静剂. |
[06:50] | Reynaldo Cerrera, do you have any final words? | Reynaldo Cerrera, 还有什么遗言? |
[06:55] | No final ones. | 没有 |
[06:58] | No. | |
[07:58] | So? | 怎样? |
[07:59] | So that woman from the Mayor’s Office was right. | 市长办公室的女人说的对 |
[08:02] | It’s odd. It was weirdly undramatic. | 很怪,出奇地平淡. |
[08:05] | I’m more surprised by what I didn’t feel. | 更奇怪地是我毫无感觉 |
[08:10] | He was a very bad man. | 他是个恶棍 |
[08:12] | It sounds harsh, but I don’t think a life of any value was lost here today. | 别说我狠,可我觉得他死有余辜 |
[08:16] | You must be right– he must have been empty, soulless. | 你说的对,他肯定是无情无义 |
[08:19] | At least I couldn’t see it. | 至少我没有看到 |
[08:21] | What do you mean? | 你是什么意思? |
[08:23] | I’ve never been to an execution before, but normally, | 我以前没有看过行刑,不过正常情况, |
[08:26] | when I go to a funeral or if someone passes in the hospital, | 我去参加葬礼,或是医院有人死去 |
[08:29] | I see their soul, I see their spirit. | 我能看到他们的魂魄 |
[08:33] | But today… | 不过今天 |
[08:35] | there was nothing. | 啥也没有 |
[08:37] | He must’ve had none. | 他肯定没有灵魂 |
[08:42] | Well, it’s time to rejoin the living. | 好了,又该重回尘世了 |
[08:45] | Oh, which reminds me, when we get back to the office, | Oh, 到让我想起来,回到办公室的时候 |
[08:47] | could I look through the current missing- persons reports? | 我能不能看看现在的失踪人口报告? |
[08:50] | Why, you lose somebody? | 为什么,你要找人? |
[08:51] | Well, this is gonna shock and amaze you, but last night I had the craziest dream. | 准让你吃惊,昨晚我做了一个光怪陆离的梦 |
[08:55] | You? How is that possible? | 你? 怎么可能? |
[09:00] | What the hell? | 真他娘的? |
[09:02] | Oh, God, it’s 3:00 in the morning. | Oh, 天爷, 早上3:00. |
[09:12] | Hello? | |
[09:13] | Allison, it’s Lee Scanlon. | Allison, 我是Lee Scanlon. |
[09:15] | I’m sorry to call so late. | 抱歉这么晚打电话 |
[09:17] | I’m at a murder scene, and, uh… | 我在一个凶案现场, 呃… |
[09:20] | I was wondering if I could send a car to bring you downtown? | 派车接你到城里来一趟怎样? |
[09:23] | Detective Scanlon, it’s the middle of the night. | Scanlon侦探, 现在是大半夜 |
[09:26] | Yeah, I know. | Yeah, 我知道. |
[09:27] | Normally I wouldn’t bother you, but… | 我也不想讨扰,不过… |
[09:30] | I got a dead woman, and I got a witness, and the witness says he knows who did it. | 这有个女人死了,有证人,说看到了凶手 |
[09:36] | And I couldn’t think of anyone else who might be able to make sense of what he’s saying. | 我想不起有别的人能觉得他说的有什么意义 |
[09:39] | I’m sorry. I don’t understand. What are you talking about? | 抱歉,不明白,你说什么? |
[09:42] | Well… the witness is telling me the killer was a ghost. | 好吧… 目击者说凶手是一个鬼魂 |
[09:53] | Can you state your name, please? | 你的名字, 请说? |
[09:55] | Why are we taping this, and who’s she? | 为什么录音,她是谁? |
[09:57] | The agreement I made with your attorney was that I would defer making a decision | 我和你律师达成的协议是 |
[10:01] | on whether or not to book you until you made an on-the-record statement | 把你所说的事情经过记录在案后再 |
[10:03] | of your version of what happened. | 决定是否告你 |
[10:05] | She’s not a shrink, is she? | 她不是精神病大夫吧? |
[10:06] | She’s with the District Attorney’s office. | 她在检察院工作 |
[10:08] | They have to weigh in whether to charge you, as well. | 是否对你起诉,他们也要参与 |
[10:12] | Well, what difference does it make? | 算了,有什么区别呢? |
[10:15] | – I’m a dead man, right? – Mr. Ramirez, please. | – 我死定了,对吧? – Ramirez先生, 拜托. |
[10:18] | I’m trying to help you here. I’m trying to keep you out of jail. | 我是来帮你,以免牢狱之灾 |
[10:21] | What difference does it make? | 有什么用? |
[10:23] | He’ll just kill me in jail. | 在牢里他也会杀了我 |
[10:25] | He’ll find me wherever I am, right? | 不管在那他都能找到我,呃? |
[10:28] | Mr. Ramirez, are you aware that right now | Ramirez先生, 你知不知道 |
[10:31] | you are the primary suspect in the murder of Lorena Vasquez? | 你现在是谋杀Lorena Vasquez的首嫌? |
[10:34] | And until I have your statement to evaluate, you will remain the primary suspect? | 我要你的口供, 你不想洗脱嫌疑吗? |
[10:42] | Let’s start with your name, please. | 开始说姓名吧,请. |
[10:49] | My name is Steven Ramirez. | 我叫Steven Ramirez. |
[10:51] | You want to tell us what you do for a living? | 以何为生? |
[10:57] | I’m a businessman. | 做生意 |
[11:00] | An entrepreneur. | 是厂长. |
[11:01] | Would it be fair to say that you’re involved in many of the same businesses as Rey Cerrera? | 照直说,你是不是和Rey Cerrera在很多生意上有牵扯? |
[11:06] | Rey Cerrera was an animal. | Rey Cerrera是个畜生 |
[11:09] | Is an animal. | 现在还是 |
[11:10] | I own a legitimate business. | 我做合法生意. |
[11:13] | I’m involved in facilitating imports and exports. | 进出口 |
[11:17] | Obviously, we… | 显然, 我们… |
[11:19] | we had a number of enterprises that competed for the same market share. | 这行的竞争者不少 |
[11:24] | Now… according to this report, police responded to shots being fired at the former home | 现在… 据此报告, 警方接报枪声,就在 |
[11:29] | of your business rival, the late Rey Cerrera, and found you attempting to flee the scene. | 就在已故的你的生意对手Rey Cerrera家中, 发现你要逃离现场 |
[11:33] | They also discovered the body of Lorena Vasquez, | 还发现了Lorena Vasquez的尸体, |
[11:37] | a woman thought to be Cerrera’s girlfriend. | 这女人是Cerrera的女友. |
[11:38] | I’m guessing she’s another area where you and Rey “competed”? | 我猜她也是你和Rey “竞争的对象吧”? |
[11:45] | She loved me. | 她爱我 |
[11:48] | And I loved her. | 我也爱她 |
[11:52] | And I guess… | 我还觉得 |
[11:55] | I guess he wasn’t ready to give her up. | 我觉得他不想罢手 |
[11:59] | And now he doesn’t have to. | 现在也不用了 |
[12:05] | All right, let’s start from the beginning. | 那好,咱们从头来 |
[12:08] | You and Lorena were in the hot tub. I’m guessing from all the champagne bottles we found | 你和Lorena在洗鸳鸯澡. 从我们发现的你们庆祝用的香槟瓶子 |
[12:11] | that you were celebrating. | 就能猜出来 |
[12:15] | Rey was dead. | Rey已经死了. |
[12:19] | It was the beginning of a new day for us. | 这是我们崭新生活的开始. |
[12:22] | And we were out there, in the hot tub. | 所以就到那,一块泡泡 |
[12:26] | It was a beautiful night. | 如此良宵 |
[12:28] | It was perfect. | 这般美景 |
[12:29] | She was so happy. | 佳人雀跃 |
[12:31] | She said she wanted some more champagne… | 故以酒助性… |
[12:36] | My God. | 菩萨在上 |
[12:39] | She was so beautiful. | 美人多娇 |
[12:51] | And then I heard it. | 忽闻得 |
[12:53] | First the scream… | 惊啼传来… |
[12:55] | And then the crash. | 继以狼藉之声 |
[12:59] | And then I saw someone. | 遽见某人 |
[13:02] | I saw someone inside the house. | 乍现屋内 |
[13:06] | And this, this, this didn’t make any sense. | 出人意表 |
[13:08] | And this house, I mean, it… it’s built like a fort, right? | 此处固若金汤,保安严密? |
[13:12] | Then I felt his presence. | 然后我感觉他在场. |
[13:14] | I looked up, and that’s when I saw him, Rey Cerrera. | 我抬头一看,正见此人, Rey Cerrera. |
[13:18] | I started firing, and I just kept on firing. | 我就开枪,不停地开枪 |
[13:22] | And he was gone. | 他就不见了. |
[13:26] | He came back from the dead to kill her. | 他死而复生来杀她 |
[13:29] | And now that he knows about us, | 还撞破我俩的奸情 |
[13:32] | he’ll come back again… | 他会卷土重来… |
[13:35] | to kill me. | 致我于死地 |
[13:46] | Oh, boy, school! Yay! | Oh, 到站啦, 学校! Yay! |
[13:49] | Oh, my goodness, here comes Sean! | Oh, 妈妈呀, Sean驾到! |
[13:51] | Hey, maybe he’s going to propose! | Hey, 估计他要求婚了! |
[13:53] | Bridgette! Shh. | |
[13:55] | Hi, Sean! | |
[13:56] | Hey, Ariel. Hey, Bridgette. | |
[13:59] | I finished the nose cone last night. | 我昨晚完成了火箭头部整流罩 |
[14:01] | Wow. That looks great. | Wow. 真棒 |
[14:04] | Sean, this is my mother. | Sean, 这是家母 |
[14:07] | Hi, Sean. Nice to meet you. | Hi, Sean. 幸会. |
[14:10] | Mommy? Mommy, why? | Mommy? Mommy, 为虾米? |
[14:14] | It’s nice to meet you, too. | 见到您我也很高兴 |
[14:17] | I was just filled with this sense of dread. | 我现在诚惶诚恐. |
[14:19] | It just became so clear to me. | 来得如此清晰 |
[14:22] | He’s gonna do something. | 他要整事儿 |
[14:24] | He’s gonna hurt her, he just is. | 伤害她,真的 |
[14:26] | We’re talking about a ten-year-old boy here. | 一个10岁大的娃娃 |
[14:28] | I mean, they’re working on a science fair project together, | 他们不过是一块做个科技展的项目 |
[14:31] | not going to Florida for spring break. | 不是去Florida私奔 |
[14:33] | How can he possibly hurt her? | 他怎么可能伤害他呢? |
[14:34] | I don’t know. I’m just telling you what I saw, I’m just… | 不知道,我就是告诉你我看见的,我只是… |
[14:38] | I’m telling you what I felt. | 告诉你我的感觉 |
[14:40] | Well, I think you’ve got to be a little suspicious about anything you might be feeling | 我觉得你是有点疑神疑鬼了 |
[14:42] | after watching a man being put to death and then staying out half the night. | 尤其是看了犯人受死,然后半夜又出工 |
[14:46] | And what are you doing on the phone? | 你打电话干吗? |
[14:48] | Aren’t you supposed to be at home, catching a nap? | 不是该在家小憩一会吗? |
[14:50] | I tried. I couldn’t sleep. | 试了,睡不着 |
[14:53] | I just… felt I needed to tell you. | 我就… 觉得该告诉你 |
[14:57] | Can you hold on a second? I’m getting another call. | 稍等,又有电话 |
[15:01] | Hello? | |
[15:02] | Allison? The District Attorney asked me to call | Allison? 检察官让我问你 |
[15:05] | to see if you could meet him at the courthouse in about an hour. | 能不能过一个钟头和他在法庭见 |
[15:08] | An hour? | 一个钟头? |
[15:10] | Yeah, sure. | 行 |
[15:11] | They got coffee there? | 那有咖啡吗? |
[15:13] | Manuel! | |
[15:15] | Thanks for coming here. | 谢谢你过来 |
[15:17] | I would have happily come to your place, but I’m locked into a trial and… | 本该欣然拜访,奈何官司缠身 |
[15:20] | You’re a busy man, Larry. We get it. Now what are we doing here? | 你是个忙人, Larry. 了解,贵干? |
[15:23] | Well, something’s come up with regard to the Ramirez case, | Ramirez的案子有情况 |
[15:27] | the death of that poor Lorena Vasquez that I wanted to share with you, | 关于Lorena Vasquez之死,我有事要告诉你 |
[15:30] | in private, as a professional courtesy. | 私下里,出于职场礼节 |
[15:33] | You are familiar with the case? | 这案子你熟? |
[15:35] | You mean the one in which your client, a notorious drug lord, was found at the scene of a murder | 你是说这个案子,你的当事人,臭名昭著的毒王,身处谋杀现场 |
[15:40] | and claimed with an absolute straight face that it was actually committed by a man | 道貌岸然地说是一个 |
[15:44] | that both Mrs. Dubois and I watched being put to death earlier in the day? | 我和Dubois太太那天早先亲眼见被处死的人干的? |
[15:49] | Vaguely. | 说的还挺模糊 |
[15:50] | Good. | 好 |
[15:52] | Now, if you read my client’s statement, you would have taken note of the fact | 话说,要是你看了我当事人的口供,你该知道 |
[15:54] | that he snapped a picture with his phone of the late Ms. Vasquez’s, um… | 他用手机抓拍了一张Vasquez小姐的照片, um… |
[15:59] | behind only a minute or so before Rey Cerrera killed her? | 从背后就在Rey Cerrera杀他前大概1-2分钟? |
[16:03] | Oh, yes. | |
[16:05] | I was nearly brought to tears as I read about it. | 看那段的时候我都快哭了 |
[16:07] | Clearly, your client is quite the romantic. | 你的客户真是浪漫得紧 |
[16:09] | Now, well, what he failed to mention was that he sent that picture | 再话说,他忘了提他把照片 |
[16:12] | via cell phone to a business associate. | 用手机发给了一个同事 |
[16:15] | Of course he did. | 他肯定会 |
[16:15] | And I wanted to make you aware of the fact that I’m planning | 我想让你知道我准备 |
[16:18] | on introducing Mr. Ramirez’s cell phone records to establish the date and time | 将Ramirez手机拍照得时间和 |
[16:22] | of the photo’s creation as well as its transmission. | 发送的通连记录举证 |
[16:25] | Are you trying to tell me that a photo your client took of this woman’s… | 你想告诉我用你当事人拍的这个女人的… |
[16:29] | tush is somehow gonna convince me not to file charges? | 倩影说服我不提告诉? |
[16:31] | That’s exactly what I’m telling you. | 正是 |
[16:34] | By the way, I’m glad you’re involved with this case, Mrs. Dubois, | 睡吧,很高兴你也参与, Dubois太太, |
[16:37] | because I believe that your expertise in this area | 因为我相信以你在此领域的专长 |
[16:39] | is going to prove most helpful to the District Attorney. | 对检察官会有莫大帮助 |
[16:48] | Go ahead, take a look. | 拿去,瞅瞅 |
[16:50] | It looks like a photo from Rumpshaker that didn’t make the cut. | 颇有美凤光碟之风 |
[16:54] | Look closer. | 细看 |
[16:55] | In the background. | 背景 |
[17:02] | All right, what’s that? | 什么东东? |
[17:04] | Don’t you mean who’s that? | 莫非该说是什么银? |
[17:06] | I took the liberty of having the photo enhanced. | 不揣冒昧,我把照片做了强化 |
[17:09] | Blown up. | 放大 |
[17:10] | Cleaned up. | 特写 |
[17:15] | Take a look. | 看看 |
[17:17] | This man is dead. | 这个人死了 |
[17:19] | And I can personally attest to the fact that he had been dead | 我个人即可证明 |
[17:21] | at least 12 hours before this woman was murdered. | 在案发前12小时就死了 |
[17:24] | Pictures don’t lie, Manny. | 照片不撒谎, Manny. |
[17:25] | No, but people do all the time, and they’ve even been known to use pictures to do it. | 不, 人们一直这么干,众所周知他们用照片来脱罪 |
[17:28] | This has been doctored. | 这是篡改的 |
[17:31] | It’s obviously doctored. It proves nothing. | 明显动过手脚,毫无价值 |
[17:33] | Why don’t you let your techs look at it, see what they have to say? | 为什么不让技侦人员看看,他们会怎么说? |
[17:37] | In fact, why don’t you send it to the FBI? | 说老实话,为什么不送给FBI? |
[17:39] | We will. | 会的 |
[17:42] | Go ahead, tell him it’s not a fake. | 你来,告诉他不是伪造的 |
[17:46] | I don’t know that. | 我不知道 |
[17:47] | Really? | 真的? |
[17:49] | Well, then, you disappoint me, Mrs. Dubois. | 那我可就失望了,Dubois太太. |
[17:51] | By the way, one piece of bad news: | 顺便提个坏消息 |
[17:53] | Somehow a copy of this photo got leaked to the press. | 不知怎地照片已经流到媒体 |
[17:58] | Those damn vultures. | 那些混帐饕餮鬼. |
[18:01] | Manuel, I’m going to let you take some time to mull things over. | Manuel, 我再给你些时间三思 |
[18:06] | Unfortunately, I need these back. | 对不起,这些要收回 |
[18:11] | But don’t worry, if you want to see them, | 不过别担心,要是想看 |
[18:14] | you can just check ’em out on the front page of the paper. | 报纸头版见 |
[18:33] | Little boy, remember I told you I was gonna offer your mother a choice? | 小朋友,记不记得我说要你妈妈做个选择? |
[18:38] | And that if she made the one choice, it would be good for you, | 一个选择,对你有好处 |
[18:40] | and if she made the other choice it would be bad for you? | 另一个,对你就很糟糕? |
[18:43] | Well, I’m sorry to say, she made the wrong choice. | 我得抱歉地说,她选错了 |
[18:47] | So, now, we have to change her thinking. | 所以现在,得让她换换想法 |
[18:50] | Now, this nice man is gonna hold you. | 现在,这个好人要抓紧你 |
[18:53] | Now, don’t get upset. | 别紧张 |
[18:55] | I’m not making this happen. Your mother is making this happen. | 不干我的事,都怨你妈妈 |
[18:58] | – Come on. – No! | – 来吧. – 不! |
[19:00] | This will only hurt for a little while. | 就疼一下 |
[19:02] | Besides, who needs a pinky anyway? | 再说,小手指有什么用呢? |
[19:04] | What are they good for? | 能干啥使? |
[19:06] | – Let’s count to three. – No! | – 数三下. – 别! |
[19:07] | One… Two… | |
[19:18] | And his mom is so cool. She camps! | 他妈妈真酷. 会搭帐篷! |
[19:20] | He says they’ve been camping all of their lives, and she said that maybe | 他说他们一直四处安营扎寨,他妈妈说 |
[19:23] | the next time they go on a camping trip, our families could go, too! | 下次咱们家可以和他们一起去 |
[19:26] | Wouldn’t that be amazing? | 来不来劲? |
[19:27] | What do you mean? | 什么意思? |
[19:29] | Sleep on the ground? | 席地而眠? |
[19:31] | On the dirt? | 一身尘土? |
[19:33] | Ariel, I think I need to talk to you about something. | Ariel, 我得跟你说点事 |
[19:36] | Uh, Al, I think I need to talk to you about something first. | Uh, Al, 我得先跟你说说 |
[19:42] | Okay. You had a dream the other night about a guy being kidnapped, right? | Okay. 你那天做了一个人被绑架得梦,是吧? |
[19:46] | Joe… | Ah, 你去上班,没人失踪 |
[19:46] | Ah, you went into work, no one was missing. | Ah, 你去上班,没人失踪 |
[19:48] | Joe… | |
[19:49] | Ah. I’m trying to make a point here. | Ah. 我要找出点意义 |
[19:51] | Any dreams last night? | 昨晚做梦没? |
[19:52] | Actually, yes, there was a little boy… | 是的,有个小男孩 |
[19:55] | What, murdered, kidnapped? | 怎样,被谋杀,绑架? |
[19:56] | Kidnapped, I think. | 我想是绑架 |
[19:58] | Funny, ’cause I didn’t hear a word about a missing kid on TV just now. | 怪哉,我到现在也没在电视上看到有失踪儿童的消息 |
[20:01] | Listen, well, maybe… | 听着,那,也许… |
[20:03] | Uh, maybe it hasn’t happened yet, maybe… | Uh, 也许还没发生,也许… |
[20:04] | maybe the kid is just a symbol for something, and maybe… just maybe you’re wrong. | 也许这孩子只是什么事情的象征… 也许是你错了. |
[20:08] | And maybe… just maybe you’re wrong about this Sean kid, too. | 再也许… 你说的关于Sean这孩子也错了. |
[20:13] | I saw your face out there. You’re convinced this is going to end badly for Ariel, | 我看过你的表情,你坚信这会给Ariel带来恶果, |
[20:15] | and you’re convinced that you have to do something about it. | 还坚信你必须出手 |
[20:18] | So now you’re reading my mind? | 现在你成了我肚子里的蛔虫了? |
[20:19] | Uh, no, Allison. Actually, I’m pleading with you. Just leave it alone. | Uh, 非也, Allison. 我在求你,放手吧 |
[20:23] | Well, if I know… | 好吧,要是我知道… |
[20:24] | But you don’t know. You don’t know that she isn’t going to break his heart. | 可是你不知道,你不知道她会不会伤心 |
[20:27] | You don’t know that they’re not going to win the science fair and have a friendship | 你不知道他们会不会得科技奖,会不会有 |
[20:30] | that lasts the rest of their lives. You don’t know that this boy | 天长地久的友谊,你也不知道这个男孩 |
[20:32] | and whatever joy– and yes, maybe pain– he brings, | 无论他带来是喜是悲 |
[20:36] | is going to contribute in some really important way to making Ariel | 会对Ariel所设想的将来 |
[20:38] | who she’s supposed to become. | 有多么重要的影响 |
[20:46] | What are you guys doing? | 你们干什么呢? |
[20:47] | We’re talking. | 说话 |
[20:49] | Who’s on the phone? | 跟谁讲电话? |
[20:50] | It’s, uh, Sean’s mom. She called for you. | 是Sean妈妈. 她找你 |
[20:57] | Hello? | |
[20:59] | Nice to meet you, too. | 我也很高兴 |
[21:02] | Coffee? After we take the kids to school? | 喝茶? 送孩子上学后? |
[21:06] | Sure. Sounds great. | 当然,好主意 |
[21:10] | Ariel’s a terrific kid. | Ariels这孩子很棒 |
[21:11] | Sean’s really taken with her. | Sean真的很喜欢她 |
[21:13] | I haven’t had a chance to spend any real time with him, | 我还没有机会和他一起呆过 |
[21:16] | but my husband wants to adopt him and my daughter wants to marry him, | 可我老公想收养他,女儿想嫁给他 |
[21:19] | so there you have it. | 那咱们聊聊吧 |
[21:21] | I’m just happy Sean’s made a friend. | Sean交了朋友,我真高兴 |
[21:23] | We move around a lot. | 我们居无定所 |
[21:25] | Mostly because of my job. | 主要因为我的工作 |
[21:27] | And it’s not always easy for him. | 对他来说不那么好过 |
[21:30] | Well, who knows, maybe this time you’ll be able to stick around for a while. | 谁知道呢,可能这回你们能呆得长点 |
[21:37] | Oh, my God. What is this? | Oh, 天. 这是什么? |
[21:46] | Are you all right? | 你还好吧? |
[21:52] | – Yes, Officer? – Good afternoon, ma’am. | – 是, 警官? – 下午好, 夫人. |
[21:54] | May I please see your license and registration? | 能看一下驾照和车本吗? |
[21:58] | Everything’s all right, Officer? I wasn’t breaking any laws? | 没事吧, 警官? 我没违章啊? |
[22:02] | Broken tail light. | 尾灯坏了 |
[22:07] | Be back in a moment. | 马上回来 |
[22:14] | License and registration, please? | 行照驾照, 请? |
[22:30] | Thanks, Melissa. | 谢谢, Melissa. |
[22:33] | You two wouldn’t happen to have been anywhere near Hollister today, would you? | 你们2人今天有没有去过Hollister附近? |
[22:36] | I don’t even know where that is. | 没听说过这地 |
[22:38] | Had a robbery in a pharmacy over there. | 那有个药店被抢了 |
[22:41] | You wouldn’t know anything about that now, would you? | 你不知道吗? |
[22:44] | No, sir. | 不,长官. |
[22:48] | That your boyfriend there? | 那是你男友? |
[22:51] | You want to wake him up? | 用不用叫醒他? |
[22:53] | Not sure I can. | 恐怕不行 |
[22:56] | Pretty trashed, huh? | 烂醉如泥? |
[22:59] | God, you’re good looking. | 你真好看 |
[23:07] | Stay right there. | 呆着别动 |
[23:10] | I’ll be back in a moment. | 我很快回来 |
[23:21] | Wake up! Wake… up! | 醒醒! 醒… 醒! |
[23:41] | Oh, my goodness. | Oh, 老天. |
[23:44] | We have a problem, Melissa. Big problem. | 有麻烦了, Melissa. 麻烦大了 |
[23:48] | Seems this car comes fairly close to matching | 你的车看起来和 |
[23:51] | the description of the vehicle used in that robbery in Hollister. | Hollister抢案里的车很像. |
[23:55] | Now I explained to them that I had just interviewed you, | 我告诉他们我刚问过你 |
[23:59] | and I convinced them to give me sole discretion on whether or not to detain you. | 现在我作主看用不用拘留你们 |
[24:05] | But I am going to need you to step out of the car. | 不过你得先下车 |
[24:14] | Melissa, I’m gonna need you to turn around and put your hands on top of the vehicle. | Melissa, 转身,手放车顶 |
[24:27] | What are you doing? | 你干什么? |
[24:30] | This is called a pat down. | 这叫爱抚 |
[24:33] | What’s the matter? My hands cold? | 怎么了? 我手凉? |
[24:38] | Do me a favor. | 帮帮忙 |
[24:41] | Just bend over a little more. | 再弯点腰 |
[24:43] | Can you do that for me, please? | 好吗? |
[25:00] | Oh, my God, what is that? | Oh, 天哪, 那是什么? |
[25:05] | What do you think it is? | 你觉得呢? |
[25:08] | Don’t pretend that you’ve never had one of those back there before. | 别假装你没试过后面这招. |
[25:12] | Listen, I’m eight weeks pregnant. | 行行好,我怀孕8周了 |
[25:17] | All the more reason for me to conduct this investigation from behind. | 那从后面来的理由就更充分了 |
[25:26] | Now… how about you undo your jeans? | 现在… 解开裤子怎么样? |
[25:50] | My God. | 天哪 |
[25:51] | Now give me my keys. | 给我钥匙 |
[25:55] | Take it easy. | 放松 |
[26:05] | Let it go, girl! | 放手吧,小娘们! |
[26:12] | Sarah, you have a spotless record, so I’m gonna let you go with a warning. | Sarah, 你没扣过分,记个警告你就可以走了 |
[26:16] | But let’s get that light fixed pronto, okay? | 不过快点修好灯, okay? |
[26:18] | Absolutely. Thank you. | 一定. 谢谢 |
[26:37] | I need to see him. | 我要见他 |
[26:38] | Now is not a good time. | 时候不对 |
[26:43] | Good morning. | 早上好 |
[26:44] | Says you. | 好个屁 |
[26:54] | Did I ask you to come in today? | 今天要你来吗? |
[26:55] | No. I… | 没. 我… |
[26:56] | You happen to see the morning paper? | 看早报没? |
[26:58] | No. My daughter’s friend’s mother called and that’s what I’m here to talk to you about. | 没有,我女儿朋友的妈妈找过我,我正想和你说说这个 |
[27:04] | Catchy headline, don’t you think? | 标题够耸动吧? |
[27:06] | The Mayor’s Office and the police department are being flooded with calls. | 市长办和警察局的电话都打爆了 |
[27:09] | People are suddenly claiming to have seen the ghost of Reynaldo Cerrera all over town… | 人们瞬间全都说到处看见Reynaldo Cerrera的鬼魂 |
[27:14] | riding in cabs, eating in restaurants, | 打的,下馆子 |
[27:17] | power walking in the mall. | 在商场悠哉游哉 |
[27:19] | You didn’t happen to see him on the way over, did you? | 你碰巧没看见吧? |
[27:23] | Well, let me ask you a crude question. | 那好,恕我唐突 |
[27:24] | If all these other people are seeing him, why aren’t you? | 这些人都能看见他,你为什么不能? |
[27:27] | I don’t see people just because they’re dead. | 不是人死了我就能看到 |
[27:29] | They have to seek me out. | 他们要找我 |
[27:31] | The only other time it happens is if I’m at a funeral | 除非我在葬礼上 |
[27:33] | or if I’m at the grave site and the spirit happens to be there. | 要么就是魂魄正好在我呆的墓地 |
[27:36] | Would you like me to visit Cerrera’s grave? | 用不用我去Cerrera墓看看? |
[27:39] | Doesn’t exist. Family cremated him. | 没有墓地,家属把他火化了. |
[27:44] | Any way I could go back into the prison? | 能再回监狱一趟吗? |
[27:46] | On the other side of the glass? | 进到行刑室? |
[27:47] | Where he was actually executed? | 他被处死的那? |
[27:49] | Maybe I could get something there. | 也许能发现点什么 |
[27:51] | Let me make a call. | 我来安排 |
[28:26] | Hey. | |
[28:29] | That’s a cool yo-yo you got there. | 你到这了真好 |
[28:42] | So what happened to your finger? | 手指怎么了? |
[28:45] | Can I help you? | 有事吗? |
[28:51] | I didn’t speak to her, Mom. | 我没有和她说话,妈妈 |
[28:53] | I didn’t speak to the stranger. | 我没跟陌生人说话 |
[28:55] | I know. Go inside. | 知道,进去罢 |
[28:59] | Can I help you? | 有事吗? |
[29:00] | That’s okay. | 没事 |
[29:03] | Just trying to find my way out of this maze. | 正要从这个迷宫里绕出去 |
[29:29] | What’s he yammering about? | 他叨念什么? |
[29:30] | Food. He wants food. | 食物,他要食物 |
[29:32] | Tell him no. There’s no food. | 告诉他没吃的 |
[29:35] | We can’t feed him ’til we know what Cerrera had to eat. | 知道了Cerrera要吃什么,才能让他吃 |
[29:37] | Tell him to show me the tattoo. | 告诉他让我看看文身 |
[29:43] | It’s healing very nice. | 恢复得挺好 |
[29:45] | You have very good taste. | 有品味 |
[29:57] | Buenas noches. | |
[29:59] | You were doing it again. The Spanish thing. | 又来了,西班牙话 |
[30:02] | I’m sorry. I was dreaming. | 抱歉,我做梦了 |
[30:03] | Me, too. You were Salma Hayek. | 我也是,你变成了Salma Hayek. |
[30:07] | Please, Joe, this is serious. | 拜托, Joe, 认真点 |
[30:11] | I saw that guy again. | 我又看见那个人 |
[30:12] | The one that was kidnapped? | 被绑的那个? |
[30:14] | They were giving him Cerrera’s tattoos, | 他们给他刺了Cerrera的文身, |
[30:16] | making him eat what Cerrera ate. | 让他和Cerrera吃的一样. |
[30:19] | It was… it was as if they were getting him ready to be Cerrera. | 就… 像要把他变成Cerrera. |
[30:27] | You know what you need? You need to talk to Cerrera’s ghost. | 知道你需要什么? 你得和Cerrera的鬼魂谈谈. |
[30:31] | That’d be nice, but he’s not talking. | 敢情好,可他谈不了 |
[30:38] | And what do I do about Ariel’s friend? | Ariel的朋友,我该怎么办? |
[30:41] | I don’t know that there’s anything to do. | 我不知道 |
[30:45] | His mother killed a cop. | 他妈妈杀了个警察 |
[30:47] | A bad cop, but the fact is, she killed him. | 坏警察,可她确实杀了他 |
[30:52] | No wonder she’s such a good camper. | 难怪她是露营好手 |
[30:55] | No wonder she’s always moving them from town to town. | 爷难怪她四处漂泊 |
[31:00] | I hate that I know this. | 真不想知道这个 |
[31:03] | I hate that I have to do something about this. | 我恨我还得做点嘛 |
[31:06] | Well, as long as we’re talking about hates… | 要说到恨… |
[31:08] | I hate that I have to remind you that you don’t know this, you think it. | 我也恨必须要提醒你,你什么也不知道,是你想的 |
[31:11] | Until you know it, you don’t have to do anything about it. | 不是真的知道,你什么也不用做 |
[31:14] | In fact, you probably shouldn’t. | 实际上,你可能不该做 |
[31:18] | Can I make a suggestion? | 可尽忠言? |
[31:20] | You talking to me or you talking to Salma? | 你跟我说还是跟Salma? |
[31:22] | Before you go to the authorities and turn this woman’s life upside down, | 在你去公安局毁了这个女人的生活之前 |
[31:26] | not to mention destroy a friendship that’s pretty damn important to your daughter, | 惶论也毁了对你女儿如此重要的一段友情 |
[31:31] | isn’t there some subtle way that you could broach the subject with the woman herself? | 你就不能先跟这个女的本人提提吗? |
[31:35] | Just test her reaction before you go running to the D.A. | 看看你要去揭发,她有什么反应 |
[31:43] | I suppose so. | 我也这么想 |
[31:48] | Melissa! | |
[31:49] | Melissa Banks? | |
[31:52] | That’s your real name, isn’t it? | 真是你的真名,不是吗? |
[31:55] | I’m sorry to ambush you like this, | 抱歉突然找你, |
[31:57] | but we have a problem. | 可是有麻烦 |
[31:59] | I know who you really are. | 我知道你的真实身份 |
[32:01] | I know what you’ve done. | 知道你做过什么 |
[32:03] | And I work for the District Attorney’s office. | 我在检察院工作 |
[32:09] | It might actually be a blessing, you know… | 这可能是幸事,你知道… |
[32:13] | not having to move around, getting it all out… | 不用再到处躲躲藏藏,公之于众… |
[32:16] | going to trial. | 接受审判 |
[32:19] | I’m betting that when people hear your side of the story… | 我相信人们听了你说的之后… |
[32:40] | Yeah? | |
[32:42] | Yeah, put her through. | Yeah, 接过来 |
[32:44] | Yes, Allison? | |
[32:45] | I need to discuss something with you. | 我要和你商量件事 |
[32:47] | It’s about a crime that happened over a decade ago. | 十年前的一件凶案 |
[32:49] | Well, if it held for a decade, it’s just going to have to hold a little while longer. | 如果已经10年了,再等等也无妨 |
[32:52] | If it’s not about the Cerrera case, I don’t want to hear it. | 如果和Cerrera的案子无关,现在不想听 |
[32:55] | I just got the DNA back from the murder scene. | 我刚拿到现场的DNA结果 |
[32:58] | The skin under Lorena Vasquez’s nails, the tiny remnants of saliva on her neck, | Lorena Vasquez指甲里的皮肤,脖子上的唾液残余 |
[33:03] | the stray hairs on her body… | 掉在她身体上的毛发… |
[33:05] | they all belong to the late Reynaldo Cerrera. | 全是死了的Reynaldo Cerrera. |
[33:09] | Did you ever heard of that? A ghost leaving DNA behind? | 听说过吗? 鬼能留下DNA? |
[33:12] | No, I can’t say I have. | 没有 |
[33:14] | I think I’m going to have to withdraw the charges against Ramirez. | 看来我得撤销对Ramirez的指控. |
[33:17] | The only question is, who do I file them against, a dead man? | 问题是,我告谁呢,一个死人? |
[33:20] | I’m sorry. I feel like I’ve really let you down on this one. | 对不起,这次真的让你失望了 |
[33:23] | Well, it’s not you. | 不怪你 |
[33:25] | Something crazy happened at that house that night, and maybe we’ll never really know what. | 那晚出了天大的怪事,可能永远没法知道究竟了 |
[33:29] | Listen, would it be possible for me to go out there? | 听着,我能去那吗? |
[33:33] | Well… it’s a crime scene. | 那是犯罪现场 |
[33:35] | I’m sure the police are still there. Just mention that you’re with my office. | 警方肯定还在,就说你在我这工作 |
[33:38] | Why? What are you thinking? | 为什么? 有什么想法? |
[33:39] | I don’t know. It seems like everyone’s running into that ghost but me. | 不知道,好像除了我谁都能碰见那个鬼 |
[33:42] | Maybe it’s time I made a house call. | 估计得做个家访了 |
[33:45] | You, uh, looking for anything specific? | 你要找什么特别的东西? |
[33:47] | No. Just helpful to see where it all happened, soak it in. | 没有,不过身临其境会有帮助 |
[34:16] | Excuse me. | 打扰 |
[34:17] | Do you mind if I use this phone? | 能用下电话吗? |
[34:20] | You think it’s okay to use this phone? | 可以用电话吗? |
[34:22] | Yeah, I think it’s all right. | 行 |
[34:31] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[34:55] | It’s a safe room. | 这是个密室 |
[34:56] | A panic room. | 可以躲起来 |
[34:59] | See this phone? | 这个电话? |
[35:00] | It connects only to one person. | 只通一个人 |
[35:02] | My brother. | 我兄弟 |
[35:04] | There’s enough food and water to live in here for almost two weeks without having to come out. | 不用出去,这的水和食物够2个星期 |
[35:08] | And if anyone manages to get in the house, | 要是有人设法进到这房子 |
[35:10] | you’ll see them on one of these TV screens. | 电视上能看见 |
[35:16] | See this? | 这个? |
[35:17] | Eight inches thick. | 8寸厚 |
[35:19] | No bullet can get through the door or the walls. | 铜墙铁壁 |
[35:22] | Plus, no one– and I mean no one in the world– knows about it. | 另外,没人,全世界没人,知道 |
[35:25] | The man who designed it and built it for me, | 替我设计建造此屋的人 |
[35:27] | he met with an unfortunate end shortly after finishing it. | 完工不久就不幸归天了 |
[35:31] | But I don’t get it, baby. | 我不明白,亲爱的 |
[35:34] | Why are you showing me this? | 给我看这干吗? |
[35:37] | I got a lot of enemies. | 我树敌众多 |
[35:40] | And I’m going to prison for a very long time and maybe never coming back. | 要去牢里蹲很久,也许是条不归路 |
[35:45] | I want to know that if someone tries to get to me through you, | 要是有人想通过你威胁我 |
[35:49] | you’ve got somewhere safe to be until help is on the way. | 你有处可去,等到有人来帮忙 |
[36:00] | Well, actually I did make contact with a ghost. It just wasn’t Cerrera’s. | 实际上我是和鬼魂接触,可不是Cerrera. |
[36:04] | Well, what would you like me to do? Should I send backup? | 需要我做什么? 加派人手? |
[36:06] | Do you need more cops down there? | 用不用多叫警察? |
[36:08] | No, actually, I was hoping to persuade you to do the opposite, maybe get everyone out of here. | 不,正相反,我希望你能把所有人撤走 |
[36:50] | Freeze! | 别动! |
[36:53] | I know you’re a ghost, so this will sound silly, but drop that briefcase | 我知道你是鬼,听着很傻,不过还是把箱子放下 |
[36:56] | and put your hands on your head or these men will gladly kill you a second time. | 手放在头上,不然这些人很高兴再杀你一次 |
[37:03] | You have the right to remain silent. | 你有权保持沉默 |
[37:05] | Anything you say can and will be used against you in a court of law. | 你所说的一切都将作为呈堂证供 |
[37:09] | You have the right to counsel. | 你有权请律师 |
[37:11] | If you are unable to retain counsel, counsel… | 要是请不起… |
[37:12] | What is… what is Pancuronium and Adenosine? | Pancuronium和Adenosine是什么? |
[37:16] | Pancuronium and Adenosine? | 巴夫龙和腺甘? |
[37:18] | When injected in the right combination, they would stop both the lungs and the heart, | 一起注射的话,能停止心肺功能 |
[37:22] | but only for a few seconds at a time. | 不过只是一会 |
[37:25] | Of course. | 当然 |
[37:26] | You only need a few seconds to be pronounced dead. | 宣布死亡一小会够了 |
[37:31] | Okay, so the trick would be to find someone you really trust | Okay, 玩这花样,只要找到你信任的人 |
[37:36] | to substitute the drugs and administer them. | 来把药掉包就行了 |
[37:39] | And suppose that people in your organization are holding someone’s little boy hostage. | 要是你的人能把谁家孩子当作人质 |
[37:45] | Well, then you could trust that they’re gonna do what you want. | 想让他们干什么都行 |
[37:49] | So that got you out the door. | 你就能逃离鬼门关了 |
[37:52] | How did you get to the drivers? | 你怎么要挟的司机? |
[37:55] | Come on. Tell me. | 说吧 |
[37:57] | What do you have to lose at this point? | 你现在了无牵挂了? |
[38:03] | When someone makes $40,000 a year | 要是个年薪4万的人 |
[38:05] | and you offer them a million to give you a shot of adrenaline, | 你给他100万,就打针肾上腺素 |
[38:08] | you can be reasonably assured you’re going to get your shot. | 钱能通神,多好的机会 |
[38:12] | Well, then who did the Medical Examiner examine? | 谁在医务处做的检查? |
[38:14] | Who did the Coroner perform an autopsy on? | 被验尸的是谁? |
[38:24] | I don’t know. I couldn’t tell you. | 我不知道 |
[38:26] | It’s not like he had a whole lot to say when we met. | 我看见他的时候,已经说白白了 |
[38:36] | His Honor is going to like this headline. | 市长大人会喜欢这种头条新闻的 |
[38:39] | Well, good. | |
[38:40] | We aim to please. | 就是让他老人家开心 |
[38:42] | Terrific. | 很好 |
[38:44] | This is so much better for tourism than a ghost on a killing spree. | 对旅游业来说,这比看一个嗜血游魂要好多了 |
[38:47] | I’m sure it is. | 的确 |
[38:52] | So, you want to tell me about it? | 那,你想和我说了吗? |
[38:55] | About what? | 什么? |
[38:56] | This crime that happened over a decade ago. | 十年前的案子 |
[38:59] | What? Big date? | 怎么? 重要约会? |
[39:01] | Fifth grade science fair. | 五年级科学竞赛 |
[39:04] | You know what? | 知道吗? |
[39:05] | It’s held for over a decade. It’ll hold one more night. | 悬了十年,不差一晚 |
[39:13] | Make no mistake, parents– these are our future Thomas Edisons… | 决无虚言,家长们– 这就是未来的爱迪生 |
[39:17] | – these are our future Madame Curies… – Ariel? | – 是未来的居里夫人… |
[39:19] | Be still, honey. What are you looking for? | 别乱动, honey.找什么? |
[39:22] | Sean. | |
[39:24] | I don’t see him, and… | 没见他,还有… |
[39:26] | I don’t see his mother. | 也没见他妈妈 |
[39:30] | Well, I’m sure they’ll be here. | 他们肯定来 |
[39:32] | …is awarded to… | …奖给… |
[39:34] | Ariel Dubois and Sean Bertoni for their extraordinary rocketry diorama. | Ariel Dubois 和Sean Bertoni,因为他们做的杰出的火箭模型 |
[39:53] | Thank you. And, um… | 谢谢,还有 um… |
[39:57] | thank you from my partner, Sean. | 代我的搭档, Sean,谢谢. |
[40:19] | We’re sorry, your call cannot be completed as dialed. | 对不起,电话未能接通 |
[40:22] | Please check the number and dial again. | 请查后再拨 |
[40:34] | Did you speak to his mother? | 你和他妈妈说了? |
[40:36] | Is he okay? Does he know I have his ribbon? | 他还好吧? 他知道我拿着他的奖状吗? |
[40:39] | Uh, no, I didn’t speak to his mother. | 没有, |
[40:41] | I didn’t speak to anybody. | 谁也没找到 |
[40:46] | Uh, their phone’s been disconnected. | 他们的电话拆线了 |
[40:50] | What do you mean? Broken? | 什么意思? 坏了? |
[40:52] | No. | 不是 |
[40:54] | Shut off. | 停了 |
[40:56] | That’s what you do when you move. | 搬家的时候会这样 |
[40:59] | What do you mean? | 你说什么? |
[41:01] | Sean wouldn’t have moved. | Sean不会搬家 |
[41:03] | He just got here. | 他刚到这 |
[41:05] | Honey, I think maybe he did. | Honey, 我想他真的搬了 |
[41:08] | At least… maybe his mommy did, and… | 至少…他妈妈是 |
[41:13] | Ariel… | |
[41:15] | I think he’s gone. | 我想他走了 |
[41:17] | Baby… | 宝贝 |
[41:20] | Mommy… | |
[41:21] | Mommy, why? | Mommy, 为虾米? |
[41:23] | Why? | 为虾米? |
[41:28] | Define “irony.” | “讽刺.(铁的)”何解 |
[41:31] | Oh, you know. | Oh, 你知道 |
[41:33] | Not steely. Not brassy. Just kinda… | 非钢,非铜. 就是… |
[41:38] | Irony. Got it. | 挖苦我. 明白. |
[41:41] | Why don’t you define “irony”? | 你来说说 “讽刺”? |
[41:45] | Thinking a little nine-year-old boy is going to break my daughter’s heart… | 总以为一个9岁的小男孩要伤我女儿的心… |
[41:49] | and then discovering that despite all my special gifts, | 到头来却发现即便我天赋异禀 |
[41:55] | all my privileged knowledge, I am still not smart enough to see– | 满腹经纶,仍然无法看到– |
[42:00] | not smart enough to know– | 无从得知– |
[42:02] | that… it’s actually destined to be me… | 我… 竟然是罪魁祸首… |
[42:06] | me that’s going to break my daughter’s heart. | 是我伤透了女儿的心 |
[42:12] | She’s so sad, Joe. | 她好难过, Joe. |
[42:15] | She’s so upset. | 心乱如麻. |
[42:18] | And it’s my fault. | 全是我的错 |
[42:20] | Today. | 今天 |
[42:22] | It’s your fault it happened today. | 你是今天犯了错 |
[42:24] | But it’s not your fault it happened. | 可是大错早已铸成 |
[42:27] | You’re not that important. | 你不是万能的 |
[42:29] | And you know what else? | 再告诉你? |
[42:31] | Her heart will heal. | 她的心会归于平复 |
[42:33] | It will. | 会的 |
[42:36] | I don’t want this anymore. | 我再不想这样了. |
[42:39] | I want to give all this special-ness back. | 我想把这些超常的东西扔到九霄云外 |
[42:42] | Hmm, doesn’t work that way. | 这不是办法 |
[42:44] | It’s all part of the Allison package. | 这正是你之所为你 |
[42:48] | And we’re all just stuck with it. | 我们全都会伴着它一起走过 |
[42:52] | Thank God. | 天可怜见 |
[43:01] | – www.yyat.net – |