时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:10] | Are you all right? | 你还好么? |
[00:14] | I’m kind of a nervous flier. | 我坐飞机会比较紧张 |
[00:17] | I sensed that. | 看得出来 |
[00:20] | Can I tell you a few things? | 能告诉你件事么? |
[00:21] | Might calm you down a bit. | 也许会让你放松一些 |
[00:23] | I used to be a flight attendant. | 我以前是个空姐 |
[00:26] | When you’re up here– 35,000 feet– | 你现在所在的地方 3万5千英尺的高空 |
[00:28] | it’s, like, the safest place you can be. | 这是你待过的最安全的地方 |
[00:32] | It’s safer than in your car. | 比你待在汽车 |
[00:34] | Safer than in your bathroom. | 和浴室里都要安全 |
[00:37] | Yeah, I know that. | 嗯,我明白 |
[00:39] | You’re talking logic. | 你在使用逻辑思维 |
[00:41] | And what’s in my head has nothing to do with logic. | 但我脑子里想的和逻辑一点都不搭界 |
[00:48] | – It’s nothing. – I hate that. | – 这没什么的 – 我讨厌这震动 |
[00:51] | It’s air. It’s like a bump in the air. | 这是气流造成的 就像是汽车开过颠簸的马路 |
[00:54] | Like a boat going over a small wave. | 小船经过小小的波浪 |
[00:56] | You want that. | 你知道的 |
[00:57] | You want air under the wings. | 机翼下面必须有气流才能飞 |
[00:59] | There’s that logic again. | 这又是你的逻辑 |
[01:01] | Folks, I’ve just been informed by air traffic control | 乘客们,我刚得到空中交通管制的通知 |
[01:03] | that we’re flying into some nasty weather and to expect some pretty good chop, | 我们将飞过一段恶劣的气象地区 可能会遇到比较大的风暴 |
[01:07] | so I’m flipping on the fasten seat belt sign and | 请大家绑好安全带 |
[01:11] | at this time, I’d like to ask our flight attendants to take their seats as well. | 乘务员最好也回到自己的位置上去 |
[01:14] | Oh, boy. | 哦,天哪 |
[01:20] | It’s going to be okay. I promise you. | 会没事的,我保证 |
[01:27] | I don’t understand. Why can’t he fly around it, or above it? | 我不明白,为什么不能绕过去飞 或者飞到它上面? |
[01:32] | Oh, God! | 哦,老天 |
[01:34] | Now I’m going to tell you a secret. | 现在我要告诉你一个秘密 |
[01:36] | Nothing’s going to happen. | 不会有事发生的 |
[01:38] | Nothing can happen. | 不可能有事发生 |
[01:40] | I know it. | 我知道 |
[01:41] | I’m certain of it. | 我肯定 |
[01:43] | What are you talking about? | 你在说什么? |
[01:44] | – How do you know that? – I’m four months pregnant. | – 你怎么知道的? – 我怀孕4个月了 |
[01:47] | I can’t be hurt. I’m invulnerable. | 我不能被伤害,我不会受到伤害 |
[02:02] | – You okay? – Yeah, I think so. | – 你还好么? – 嗯,我没事 |
[02:07] | Wow. I can hear your heart beating from over here. | 哇,我在这都能听见你的心跳声 |
[02:11] | So what’s playing tonight, World War III? | 你梦见什么了,第三次世界大战? |
[02:13] | No. | 不 |
[02:14] | Unstoppable microbes spreading disease throughout the world and killing entire populations? | 还是无法阻止的细菌造成世界性疾病 毁灭了人类? |
[02:20] | No. | 也不是 |
[02:21] | The Yankees back in the pennant race? | 是纽约洋基队回到棒球赛场? |
[02:24] | It was an airplane crash. It was horrible. | 是一场空难,可怕极了 |
[02:26] | Sorry. | 哦,我很难过 |
[02:28] | Did you actually see it go down? | 你看见它坠毁了么? |
[02:30] | No, I woke up just before it. | 没有,坠毁前我就惊醒了 |
[02:34] | Well then, maybe… | 那么,可能… |
[02:36] | Maybe. | 可能 |
[02:38] | Do you think you can sleep some more, or do you want to get up? | 你还想再睡会么,还是起床? |
[02:41] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[02:43] | Just… I don’t know, hold me for a second. | 只是… 我不知道,来抱我一下 |
[02:53] | Can I tell you something that might calm you down? | 我告诉你一些事让你放松一下 |
[02:57] | When you’re up there– 35,000 feet– it’s, like, the safest place you can be. | 当你处在3万5千英尺的高空 那是你待过的最安全的地方 |
[03:01] | It’s safer than in your car, safer than in your bathroom. | 这比你车里和浴室里都要安全 |
[03:05] | Don’t take this personally, but could you maybe not say anything? | 请不要介意,但是你能不能不说话? |
[03:11] | Okay. | 好的 |
[03:57] | Up and at ’em. Rise and shine. | 起床了,太阳晒屁股了 |
[03:59] | I smell delicious cold cereal. | 我闻到冷燕麦的香味了 |
[04:02] | Boy, you don’t want to be late for that. | 起迟了就没有吃的了 |
[04:07] | Where’s Mommy? | 妈妈在哪? |
[04:09] | Oh, the D.A. called. Something’s going on. | 哦,地方检察官给她打电话了,出事了 |
[04:11] | He needed Mommy to come into work early this morning. | 他需要妈妈今天早点去上班 |
[04:15] | Do you want me to wake up Marie? | 要我叫醒Marie么? |
[04:16] | No, no, no, you let her sleep. | 不,不,让她接着睡 |
[04:18] | So what’ll it be? I’m cooking Pebbles, Loops or Puffs. | 吃什么呢?小饼,麦圈还是泡芙? |
[04:21] | Puffs. | 泡芙 |
[04:22] | You’re in luck. I got a batch coming out of the oven right now. | 你走运了,马上就有一批泡芙要新鲜出炉了 |
[04:25] | – Morning Daddy! – Morning, Bridge. | – 早,爸爸 – 早,Bridge |
[04:30] | So, uh, what’s that you got on your head there? | 你头上顶的是什么? |
[04:32] | That’s her new bicycle helmet. Mommy bought it for her yesterday. | 是她的新自行车头盔,妈妈昨天给她买的 |
[04:36] | She slept in it. | 她睡觉都带着呢 |
[04:37] | – Pebbles, Loops or Puffs? – Loops. | – 小饼,麦圈还是泡芙? – 麦圈 |
[04:39] | – Don’t I look cool? – Yeah, absolutely. The coolest. | – 我看起来是不是很酷? – 绝对是,还是最酷的 |
[04:43] | But, you know, normally, we don’t eat, or for that matter, sleep | 但是,你知道通常我们不会 |
[04:46] | with our hats, and especially our bicycle helmets on. | 带着帽子特别是自行车头盔吃饭和睡觉 |
[04:50] | You want me to help you get it off? | 要我帮你把它脱下来么? |
[04:52] | – Daddy… – Okay. Got it. Fine. | – 爸爸… – 好,明白了 |
[04:55] | Keep the helmet on for breakfast. | 带着头盔吃早饭 |
[04:56] | But I mean, it’s not like you’re going to go to school in it. | 但是我不希望你带着它去上学 |
[05:03] | You want milk on those Loops? | 麦圈里要加奶么? |
[05:07] | His wife’s been missing going on 72 hours. | 他老婆失踪72小时了 |
[05:09] | Comes home from work, no note. | 下班没回家,没留条 |
[05:12] | Her car’s not there, but nothing from the home seems to be missing. | 她的车给开走了 但是家里的其他东西都还在 |
[05:15] | No luggage, no clothing. Her toiletries and medications are where she always keeps them. | 没带行李和衣服 化妆品和药品还在原位 |
[05:19] | It’s not like she packed for a trip or anything. | 不像是要蓄意出走的样子 |
[05:21] | I think I heard him on the radio just now, driving over here. | 我想我在开车过来的路上 听到他在电台里说话了 |
[05:24] | He was pleading for her to come home. | 他求她回家 |
[05:26] | – He… He sounded frantic. – I think he is. | – 他的声音有点狂乱 – 我想他是的 |
[05:29] | We think he is. | 我们认为他是的 |
[05:31] | His alibi is airtight. | 他的不在场证明无懈可击 |
[05:32] | He left the house for work at 4:00. | 他4点钟离开家去上班 |
[05:34] | Two separate neighbors have come forward to say they saw the wife leave the house around 5:15. | 2个邻居过来证明了他妻子是5:15离开家的 |
[05:39] | So what am I doing here? | 那要我在这里做什么? |
[05:40] | What can I say? I’m an old dog. | 我能说什么呢?我是个老警察了 |
[05:42] | Whenever one of these disappearing wife situations comes up, | 一旦有失踪妇女事件报告 |
[05:44] | I feel like a fool if I don’t suspect the husband. | 如果不怀疑她老公,那就是傻子 |
[05:47] | But…? | 但是…? |
[05:49] | But, frankly, I can’t find a single reason to doubt this guy’s story. | 但是,坦白的说 我找不到任何理由去怀疑他的故事 |
[05:52] | But you were hoping maybe I would? | 但你希望我可以 |
[05:55] | Well, we were hoping that you would sit with him. | 嗯,我们希望你能和他坐下来谈谈 |
[05:57] | Give us the benefit of your opinion. | 然后告诉我们你的意见 |
[06:00] | It’s not like we have a whole lot else to go on. | 不是说我们没其他事做了 |
[06:02] | No crime scene, no body. | 虽然没有犯罪现场,没有尸体 |
[06:04] | We’re already doing everything we can. | 我们已经做了能做的一切 |
[06:06] | We’ve alerted the police departments to be on the lookout for her car. | 我们通知了警察局去找她的车 |
[06:09] | The bank is standing by, waiting for any credit card activity. | 银行也处于待命状态 随时准备搜集信用卡的活动情况 |
[06:11] | We’ve even got the cell phone provider to alert us if she makes a phone call. | 我们甚至让移动通讯商 一旦发现她用手机听电话就通知我们 |
[06:15] | I told him you work with me, that these kind of situations are your specialty. | 我告诉他你是我同事,这种情况是你的专长 |
[06:20] | Those are sort of boiler plate things we say to people in missing persons cases. | 这是我们在失踪人口案件里面问话的模版 |
[06:25] | Things to get the conversation started. | 它会教你怎么和对方开始谈话 |
[06:27] | Does he know he’s a suspect? | 他知道自己是个嫌疑犯么? |
[06:30] | But he’s not. | 他不是嫌疑犯 |
[06:32] | Does he know we’re suspicious? | 那么他知道我们怀疑他么? |
[06:35] | He doesn’t strike me as a stupid man. | 他给我的印象不像是个笨蛋 |
[06:40] | Well, obviously, any current pictures would be helpful. | 显然,任何最近的照片都会有用的 |
[06:43] | And if she has a phone book or a PDA, we could start calling everyone. | 如果有电话本或者PDA 那么我们就可以通知她认识的人了 |
[06:47] | We could see if she’s reached out to anyone. | 来看看她是不是去找什么人了 |
[06:50] | Who knows? Maybe she’s just visiting a friend, or… | 谁知道呢?可能她是去看朋友了,或者… |
[06:53] | Are you married? | 你结婚了么? |
[06:54] | Yes. | 是的 |
[06:57] | You ever do that? | 你那么做过么? |
[06:59] | Just go off and visit a friend– | 就那样离开去看朋友了– |
[07:01] | not tell your husband, not tell anyone? | 不告诉你老公和其他的任何人? |
[07:05] | I’m sure you’ve been asked this a hundred times, but | 我肯定你已经被这样问过很多遍了 |
[07:08] | do you mind telling me what happened? | 但是你介意告诉我发生什么事了么? |
[07:12] | But I don’t know what happened. | 可我不知道到底发生什么了 |
[07:16] | That’s why I’m here. | 这就是我为什么来这里 |
[07:17] | No, I… I mean, from your perspective. | 不,我的意思是,从你的角度 |
[07:20] | How did you discover she was gone? | 你怎么发现她失踪了? |
[07:27] | Can you not just read this somewhere? | 你就不能从别的地方了解这些么? |
[07:30] | 16 different people have taken my statement already. | 已经有16个人记录了我的证词了 |
[07:33] | I… I feel like we’re wasting time. | 我觉得我们在浪费时间 |
[07:36] | She’s out there somewhere. She could be hurt. | 她就在外面的某个地方 她可能会受到伤害 |
[07:39] | – She could be… – It would really be helpful if I could hear it from you. | – 她可能… – 如果我能亲口听你说,那会更有帮助 |
[07:45] | Yes, of course it would. I knew that. | 当然,我肯定,我明白 |
[07:49] | – I know that. – Mr. Call… | – 我明白 – Call先生… |
[07:50] | The sooner you… The sooner you rule me out, the sooner– | 你越早能把我排除在外 |
[07:54] | – Mr. Call… – No– the sooner you can move this along. | – Call先生… – 不– 你就能越快把事情进行下去 |
[07:57] | I get it. | 我了解了 |
[07:58] | This bird’s not moving until you run it, so let’s run it. | 在你操作之前这只鸟不会动 所以开动它吧 |
[08:01] | Excuse me? | 什么意思? |
[08:03] | I’m sorry. I’m sorry. That’s… | 抱歉,抱歉,那是… |
[08:06] | It’s just sky jockey talk. It’s something that we say at work. | 那是飞行员之间的谈话用语 我们上班时就这么说话的 |
[08:09] | You’re a pilot? | 你是飞行员? |
[08:10] | Yes, ma’am. Sunbeam Air. | 是的,夫人。阳光航空 |
[08:13] | They didn’t tell you? | 他们没告诉你? |
[08:16] | Sunbeam, huh? | 阳光么? |
[08:17] | You fly out of Phoenix? | 你从Phoenix起飞? |
[08:19] | Yes, round trip to Cleveland three times a week. | 对,一周三次到Cleveland的往返航线 |
[08:23] | Folks, I’ve just been informed by air traffic control that we’re flying into some nasty weather, | 乘客们,我刚得到空中交通管制的通知 我们将飞进一段恶劣的气象地带 |
[08:28] | and to expect some pretty good chop, so I’m flipping on the fasten seat belt sign | 可能会遇到比较大的风暴 所以请大家绑好安全带 |
[08:31] | I’d like to ask our flight attendants to have a seat at this time, too. Thank you. | 请乘务员也坐到自己的位置上去 谢谢 |
[08:43] | I can’t be hurt. | 我不能受到伤害的 |
[08:45] | I’m invulnerable. | 我无法被伤害 |
[08:54] | Oh, no, no, man, no. Not today. Not on my anniversary. | 哦,不,不 不能是今天,我的结婚周年纪念日 |
[08:59] | Pull back on that yoke! | 向后拉操纵杆! |
[09:01] | I’m pulling, there’s just nothing there! | 我正在拉,可好像使不上力 |
[09:07] | Checklist says to just keep pulling back on that yoke. | 手册上说一直向后拉那个操纵杆 |
[09:15] | What the hell are you doing? | 你到底在干什么? |
[09:17] | Shutting it all down. | 把它全关掉 |
[09:18] | Then we’ll fire it back up again. | 然后就可以重新点火了 |
[09:20] | God, what did you do?! You’re gonna drive us right into the earth! | 天哪,你干了什么?这样我们会坠毁的 |
[09:28] | – We’re dead! – I don’t think so. | – 我们死定了 – 我不这么想 |
[09:30] | Oh, my God! | 哦,天哪! |
[09:42] | Okay. | 没事了 |
[09:48] | I told you so. | 我告诉过你会没事的 |
[09:51] | Ma’am? | 夫人? |
[09:53] | Ma’am, are you okay? | 夫人,你还好吧? |
[09:55] | Excuse me, ma’am. Are you okay? | 打扰了,夫人,你还好吧? |
[09:58] | – You all right? – Oh. I’m fine, I’m sorry. | – 你没事吧? – 哦,我很好,抱歉 |
[10:02] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[10:03] | What can tell you? How can I help? How can I help move this along? | 我能告诉你些什么?怎么帮忙? 怎么让调查顺利进行下去? |
[10:07] | Can I ask you a question… about flying? | 我能问你一个关于飞行的问题么? |
[10:12] | Excuse me? | 什么? |
[10:13] | About flying. About being a pilot. | 关于飞行,关于飞行员 |
[10:16] | Would you mind if I ask you– Have you ever had any close calls up there? | 是否介意我问你– 是否在空中有过千钧一发的时刻? |
[10:21] | Ma’am, what does this have to do with my wife? | 夫人,这和我妻子有什么关系么? |
[10:23] | I’m not sure. | 我不确定 |
[10:34] | No. | 没有 |
[10:37] | I mean, no. | 我的意思是,不 |
[10:39] | No, I… I blew out a tire on a landing in Salt Lake City one time, | 不,我有一次在盐湖城降落的时候轮胎爆了 |
[10:43] | but that’s about as bad as it’s ever gotten for me. | 但这是最糟糕的一次了 |
[10:46] | Do you mind if I ask you, when is your anniversary? Your wedding anniversary? | 我能问一下你的结婚周年纪念是几号么? |
[10:51] | Are you serious? | 你是认真的? |
[10:53] | Oh, I’m sorry. | 哦,不好意思 |
[10:56] | I didn’t mean to pry. | 我不是想打听 |
[10:58] | – I can look it up. – It’s next week, actually. | – 我可以自己查 – 事实上是下周 |
[11:02] | March 31. | 3月31 |
[11:05] | 31st… of March. | 3月…31号 |
[11:11] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[11:13] | This has been very helpful. | 这条信息很有用 |
[11:18] | You’re a very odd woman. | 你真是个奇怪的女人 |
[11:24] | I’m afraid that I don’t understand. | 抱歉我不太明白 |
[11:27] | I had a dream last night about a plane crash. | 我昨晚做了一个关于坠机的梦 |
[11:30] | At least, it looked like it was about to crash. | 至少,飞机看上去快要坠毁了 |
[11:32] | But it didn’t, and now I know it never will. | 但是它没有,现在我知道它不会了 |
[11:34] | Because it turns out Mr. Call in there– | 因为Call先生在那里面– |
[11:36] | Captain Call– | Call机长– |
[11:38] | he’s the pilot. | 他是飞行员 |
[11:40] | And he pulls the plane out of a dive before it goes down. | 在坠毁前,他把飞机从俯冲状态拉上去了 |
[11:44] | I see. And when does this happen? | 我明白了,这是什么时候的事? |
[11:45] | Could be in a week. Could be a year from next week. | 可能在一周内,或者明年的一周内 |
[11:47] | – All I know is it hasn’t happened yet. – And how do you know that? | – 我知道的是这还没发生 – 你是怎么知道的? |
[11:51] | ‘Cause he told me– not directly– | 因为他告诉我了– 不是直接地– |
[11:53] | but I asked him if he ever had a close call as a pilot, and he said “no.” | 但我问他有没有惊险一刻的时候,他说“没有” |
[11:57] | Okay, I must be the slowest guy in the room. | 好吧,我肯定是这间房里反映最慢的人 |
[12:00] | So tell me again, one more time, how this dream you had proves that fellow didn’t kill his wife? | 再告诉我一次,这个梦怎么能证明他没杀他妻子? |
[12:04] | Think about it. | 试想一下 |
[12:05] | He can’t be sitting in the cockpit of a jet, ready to save a plane, | 如果他因为谋杀妻子蹲监狱的话 |
[12:09] | if he’s in jail for murdering his wife. | 他就不可能在驾驶舱去拯救那架飞机 |
[12:11] | That doesn’t prove anything. | 那并不能说明任何事 |
[12:12] | Right, not directly. | 对,不是直接的 |
[12:13] | But the fact that I see him do this, the fact that it hasn’t happened yet, | 但是我梦到他那么做,以及它尚未发生的事实 |
[12:17] | means that it’s something that’s going to happen in the future. | 告诉我们这件事会在未来发生 |
[12:20] | And in order for it to happen in the future means he doesn’t go to jail. | 为了让它在未来发生,他不能进监狱 |
[12:24] | And that would suggest that he didn’t do anything. | 这提示我们,他什么都没做 |
[12:30] | Help me out here, Manny. | 帮帮我,Manny |
[12:32] | Don’t ask me. I don’t have a clue. | 别问我,我也不知道怎么回事 |
[12:34] | Well, I do, and I’m telling you this man had nothing to do with his wife going missing. | 我知道 而且我告诉你这个人和他老婆的失踪没有任何关系 |
[12:37] | Fine. | 好吧 |
[12:38] | Neither one of us necessarily disagrees with your conclusion… | 我们没有异议… |
[12:42] | Another thing. Wherever she is, she’s still alive, and she’s going to stay that way. | 另外,不管她在哪,她都没死 而且会一直那样下去 |
[12:47] | Well, that’s great news. | 嗯,是个好消息 |
[12:49] | Are you sure? | 你肯定? |
[12:50] | All I can tell you is… whenever that plane starts going down, | 我能告诉你的就是…那架飞机下落的时候 |
[12:53] | they’re still celebrating wedding anniversaries. | 他们正要庆祝结婚周年纪念 |
[12:57] | Looks like you and I have a missing wife to find. | 看起来我们俩要开始找一名失踪妇女了 |
[13:13] | Oh, my God. | 哦,天哪 |
[13:15] | This time, it’s me having a scary dream. | 这次是我做了一个可怕的梦 |
[13:17] | – What do you mean? – Well, look at you. It’s morning. | – 你是什么意思? – 看你,现在已经是早晨了 |
[13:19] | You’re not waking up from some apocalyptic vision with your heart pounding. | 你并不是心跳着从一个世界末日的梦境中醒来 |
[13:23] | And you’re smiling. | 而且你在笑 |
[13:26] | It’s got to be a dream. | 我一定是在做梦 |
[13:28] | Actually, I slept through the night. | 事实上,我整晚都睡着了 |
[13:30] | I’m getting chills. | 我觉得奇怪 |
[13:31] | I think the only possible explanation is for the first time in a long time… | 我想唯一的解释就是长久以来第一次 |
[13:36] | I’m content. | 我感到满足 |
[13:38] | Hmm. “First time in a long time”? | 嗯,“长久以来的第一次”? |
[13:41] | Does that mean up to now, our marriage has been a fraud? | 那是否意味着到现在为止 我们的婚姻是个骗局? |
[13:44] | No, I’m not talking about us. I mean in here. | 不,我不是说我们 我指的是这儿 |
[13:48] | I feel like I, like I accomplished something. | 我觉得我终于成就了些什么 |
[13:51] | Like I… I contributed something. | 就像…我有了点贡献 |
[13:55] | I helped redirect everyone’s attention on where it needed to be. | 我把人们的视线转移到应该转移的地方 |
[14:00] | Finding that woman and bringing her home so that she and her airline pilot husband | 去找那个女人,把她带回家 这样她和她的飞行员老公 |
[14:05] | could live happily ever after, and he could fulfill his destiny | 从此就可以幸福地生活在一起 他也可以完成他的使命 |
[14:09] | by helping that plane and those passengers through that horrible calamity. | 去拯救飞机上的乘客度过劫难 |
[14:12] | Boy, it doesn’t take much to make you content. | 哦,要你满足可不是太难 |
[14:15] | Avert one minor disaster, and there’s no getting that goofy grin off your face. | 阻止一场小灾难,你的傻笑就离不开嘴了 |
[14:25] | Now, listen, I don’t mean to burst your “all’s right with the world” bubble, | 听着,我不想刺破你那“世界一切都好”的气泡 |
[14:28] | but did you happen to notice anything unusual last night | 但你有没有发现昨晚有些事情不太正常 |
[14:31] | when you kissed Bridgette good night? | 当你给Bridgette亲吻道晚安的时候 |
[14:32] | No, not really. | 不,没有 |
[14:33] | She didn’t look a little like a crash test dummy to you? | 你看她难道一点都不像一个碰撞测试里的小傻瓜? |
[14:36] | What are you talking about? | 你在说什么? |
[14:38] | Did you not notice the bicycle helmet on her head? | 你没注意到她头上的自行车头盔么? |
[14:41] | She’s been wearing it for two days straight now. | 她已经连续戴了2天了 |
[14:43] | – And…? – Morning, Mommy. Morning, Daddy. | – 那么…? – 妈妈早,爸爸早 |
[14:45] | Hey, Mom. Hey, Dad. | 嘿,妈妈。嘿,爸爸 |
[14:47] | Good morning, sweeties. | 早上好,甜心们 |
[14:50] | I really sleep good in this new bike helmet. | 我戴着这新自行车头盔睡得真香 |
[14:53] | All right. | 好吧 |
[14:57] | Don’t you think it’s a little strange? Don’t you think it’s a little peculiar? | 你不觉得这有点奇怪?有点不寻常么? |
[15:01] | Don’t you think when you have a child who’s unique and doesn’t make friends easily…? | 你不觉得当我们有一个独特又孤僻的孩子的时候…? |
[15:04] | And…? | 那么…? |
[15:05] | Don’t you think we should discourage anything that appears overly… eccentric? | 你不觉得我们应该劝阻她做哪些特别古怪的事么? |
[15:09] | This is a bad dream. | 这不是个好梦 |
[15:10] | It’s okay; she’s okay. It’s normal. | 但没事的,她没事,这很正常 |
[15:13] | She does this all the time. | 她总是这么做 |
[15:14] | You’re just not aware of it. | 你只是不知道 |
[15:15] | Last time, it was the SpongeBob underwear. | 上次是棉球方块内衣 |
[15:18] | I had to wash them every night so she could wear it the next day for, like, a week and a half. | 持续一周半,我得每晚洗它 这样她才能天天都穿着 |
[15:22] | And before that, it was her ballet slippers. | 在那以前,是她的芭蕾鞋 |
[15:24] | She insisted on wearing them to school, in bed, in the bath. | 她坚持上学,睡觉,洗澡都穿着它 |
[15:28] | I mean, trust me. Leave it alone; it will pass. | 我的意思是,相信我 不用管它,会过去的 |
[15:32] | Well, I’m sorry, I’m not sure we should leave it alone. | 抱歉,但我不确定是不是该放任自流下去 |
[15:33] | I’m not sure we shouldn’t sit down and talk with her. | 不知道我们是不是该坐下来和她谈谈 |
[15:38] | Morning. | 早上好 |
[15:40] | Yeah, she’s right here. | 对,她在 |
[15:41] | It’s your boss. | 是你老板 |
[15:43] | Hello. | 你好 |
[15:46] | Wow, that is good news. | 哇,那是个好消息 |
[15:47] | Um, I’d love to meet you there, | 嗯,我很乐意在那见你 |
[15:49] | but I have to see if I can get someone to take the kids to school this morning, | 但我得看看今天早上是不是有人能把孩子送到学校去 |
[15:53] | and I can. | 我可以去了 |
[15:55] | Okay, so I’ll see you in 45 minutes. | 好,那我们45分钟以后见 |
[16:04] | Trust me. | 相信我 |
[16:07] | This was exactly the break I was hoping for. | 这正是我所希望的突破 |
[16:10] | As soon as we went public with the fact that she was missing | 自从我们公布她失踪的消息 |
[16:12] | and started to publicize her license plate number, I knew it was only a matter of time. | 并且公布她的车牌号码 我知道这一步只是一个时间的问题了 |
[16:16] | Once this shopping mall parking lot emptied out last night, | 昨晚当商场的停车场被清空的时候 |
[16:18] | somebody realized this car had been sitting here in the same spot a couple of days. | 有人发现这辆车在这同一个位置已经2天了 |
[16:22] | Then they compared the license plate with the one in the paper. | 于是他们把车牌号和报纸上的对比了一下 |
[16:28] | Hey, we’re out of here. | 嘿,我们来了 |
[16:29] | The seats, the steering wheel, the dash– everything’s wrapped in plastic. | 座椅,方向盘和仪表盘– 所有的东西都被塑料纸包起来了 |
[16:32] | We’ll keep working on the car when it gets to the impound. | 在车被扣押期间,我们会继续勘查下去 |
[16:34] | – It’s all yours, Mr. District Attorney. – Thanks. | – 剩下的工作交给你了,地方检察官 – 谢谢 |
[16:36] | No purse, no cell phone, no signs of a struggle. | 没发现钱包,手机和挣扎过的迹象 |
[16:39] | Whoever took her knew her, and wasn’t leaving anything behind. | 带走她的人一定认识她,而且什么线索都没留下 |
[16:42] | If there were no signs of a struggle, how do you know someone took her? | 如果没有挣扎的迹象 你怎么知道她是被人带走的? |
[16:47] | Have a seat. | 坐进去 |
[16:53] | Mrs. Call is five-two. | Call夫人身高是5尺2寸 |
[16:55] | So am I. | 我也是 |
[16:56] | How we doing with the pedals over there? | 你觉得刹车踏板的距离怎样? |
[16:58] | Perfect. Absolutely perfect. | 很好,非常好 |
[17:00] | Now check your mirrors. | 现在看看镜子 |
[17:04] | Well, I can’t see anything but the ceiling in the rearview mirror… | 嗯,从后视镜我除了天花板什么都看不见 |
[17:08] | and the passenger side view is no help, either. | 乘客那边的后视镜也是 |
[17:11] | Do you know why? | 你知道为什么么? |
[17:13] | Whoever drove the car was taller than Mrs. Call, | 开这车的人一定比Call夫人个子高 |
[17:15] | but smart enough to put the seat back to her original position. | 他很聪明,记得把座位调回原来的位置 |
[17:17] | Just forgot about the mirrors. | 但是他忘了调镜子 |
[17:18] | Let’s close the driver’s door again so I can check the side view mirror, just to be sure. | 让我把车门关上,看看这边的后视镜行不行 确保我们没弄错 |
[17:32] | What do you see? It’s screwed up, right– the mirror? | 你看见什么了?后视镜看不见吧 |
[18:00] | Allison, hey, you’re not even looking at the mirror. | Allison,嘿,你怎么没在看镜子 |
[18:02] | Three-three-one-two… | |
[18:05] | zero-zero-three. | |
[18:07] | One-one-two-three- | |
[18:10] | one-eight-nine-three. | |
[18:11] | Open the door! | 开门 |
[18:13] | – Write this down. – Write what down? | – 把这个记下来 – 记什么? |
[18:15] | Three-three-one-two-zero-zero-three. | |
[18:20] | One-one-two-three… | |
[18:23] | one-eight-nine-three. | |
[18:25] | – One-one-two-three… – …one-eight-nine-three. | |
[18:27] | What the hell is that, the next winning lotto numbers? | 这到底是什么?下期彩票中奖号码? |
[18:29] | That’s where he took her. That’s the latitude and the longitude of where he took her. | 是他带她去的地方,是那个地方的经纬度 |
[18:43] | Joe? | |
[18:44] | Hey, what’s up? | 嘿,什么事? |
[18:46] | God, where are you calling from? | 老天,你从哪打来的? |
[18:47] | It sounds like you’re coming from the moon. | 好像你是从月球来的 |
[18:49] | Actually, I’m in the middle of the desert. | 事实上,我在沙漠的中部 |
[18:51] | I started to get a good fix on where Call’s wife might be, | 我有点确定Call的老婆在哪里了 |
[18:54] | so the DA, Detective Scanlon and I, | 所以地方检察官,Scanlon探员和我 |
[18:56] | and a couple of state troopers are headed out there. | 还有其他一些州警员正赶去那里 |
[18:59] | Well, that’s great news, isn’t it? | 那是个好消息,不是么? |
[19:01] | Yeah, I don’t know. | 我不确定 |
[19:04] | She’s dead, Joe. | 她死了,Joe |
[19:07] | Does her husband know? | 她老公知道么? |
[19:09] | No, not yet. Nobody knows. I didn’t tell anybody. | 不,还没有 没人知道,我谁都没告诉 |
[19:12] | What do you mean? Why? | 什么意思?为什么? |
[19:14] | Why? ‘Cause yesterday, I was sure that she was alive. | 为什么?因为昨天我还肯定她活着 |
[19:17] | Yesterday, I was sure that her husband was innocent. | 昨天,我确定她老公是无辜的 |
[19:21] | Now I’m starting to think I was wrong about all of it. | 现在我开始怀疑我全想错了 |
[19:24] | Uh, hold on a second, Allison. | 嗯,等一下,Allison |
[19:26] | Aren’t you putting the cart before the horse? | 你这是本末倒置 |
[19:27] | Why don’t you just wait and see what you find out there in the desert. | 为什么不等等看你们到底能在沙漠里发现什么 |
[19:30] | Maybe she’s fine; maybe everything’s fine. | 可能她很好,没出什么事 |
[19:33] | Yeah. | 对 |
[19:34] | Right. | 好 |
[19:36] | Maybe. | 可能 |
[20:00] | I guess I’m not sure I know what we’re looking for. | 我不太明白我们要找什么 |
[20:03] | A shack? A car? | 一间房?一辆车? |
[20:10] | Do we maybe want to rethink this? Double-check our numbers? | 是不是要再想想,确认一下数字? |
[20:15] | Allison. | |
[21:13] | Allison, you okay? Everything all right? | Allison,你没事吧?没什么问题吧? |
[21:16] | Yeah. | 对 |
[21:17] | No! | 不 |
[21:20] | She’s here. | 她在这 |
[21:22] | She’s buried right here. | 被埋在这下面 |
[21:33] | Folks, I’m going to ask the flight attendants to take their seats for a couple of minutes here. | 各位,我希望乘务员现在也坐到自己的位置上几分钟 |
[21:37] | We’re heading into some rough weather, | 我们将飞过一段坏天气 |
[21:38] | but I guarantee you we’ll get you through it. | 但我保证会没事的 |
[21:41] | And we’ll let you folks know just as soon as we get through this turbulence here, okay? | 一旦通过湍流云团,我会第一时间通知你们的,好么? |
[21:47] | Damn. It’s getting rough up here. | 靠,天气越来越糟了 |
[21:53] | What the…? | 怎么回事? |
[22:00] | Pull back on the yoke. | 向后拉操纵杆 |
[22:03] | Elevators aren’t responding. | 提升器没有反应 |
[22:10] | Oh, my God. Oh, my god. | 哦,天哪,天哪 |
[22:12] | Mayday! | 求救! |
[22:15] | Mayday! Mayday! | 求救!求救! |
[22:22] | A little cold over here. | 我有点冷 |
[22:28] | I’m sorry. | 抱歉 |
[22:30] | I was in the middle of a plane crash. | 我又梦见坠机了 |
[22:33] | It was that same flight. | 是同一架飞机 |
[22:36] | Cleveland to Phoenix, but this time, | Cleveland到Phoenix,但这一次 |
[22:39] | Call wasn’t the pilot. It was this other guy, and… | Call不是飞行员了,是另一个人 |
[22:44] | that guy did the wrong thing, and… | 他误操作了,然后… |
[22:47] | the plane went down. | 飞机坠毁了 |
[22:50] | All the people died. | 无人幸免 |
[22:52] | It was a dream, Al. | 只不过是个梦,Al |
[22:54] | But what does it mean? | 但那意味着什么? |
[22:56] | I don’t know, babe, | 我不知道,宝贝 |
[22:58] | but it’s the middle of the night. | 但现在是半夜 |
[23:07] | I want to thank everyone in the community for their support and their prayers. | 我想感谢社区里所有人给我们的支持和祈祷 |
[23:13] | What went through your mind when you first got the call that she’d been found? | 当得知她的遗体被发现,你的第一反应是什么? |
[23:16] | You know… I-I don’t want to answer that. | 你知道… 我不太想谈这些 |
[23:20] | But you know what I do want? | 但我想说的是 |
[23:23] | I want her to be remembered for the wonderful person that she was. | 我想大家都能记住她是一个多好的人 |
[23:28] | I want her to be remembered for her life. | 因为她所做的而记得她 |
[23:31] | It would be an unspeakable tragedy if the only thing that people remembered, | 如果人们记得和谈论的只是 |
[23:34] | the only thing people that spoke of, was the fact… | 她是一个恶棍从我们身边夺走的事 |
[23:38] | that this… monster snatched her from us. | 那是多么悲哀啊 |
[23:44] | Um, obviously, this is a very difficult time for all of us. | 显然,对我们大家,这段时期都很艰难 |
[23:48] | My wife’s parents both passed away last year… | 我妻子的父母去年去世了 |
[23:52] | and now this. | 现在她也走了 |
[23:53] | Are there plans for a memorial? | 有没有遗体告别式的计划? |
[23:55] | If people want to send flowers and condolences? | 如果人们想送花或者哀悼 |
[23:57] | Instead of sending flowers, what would be really wonderful is | 比送花更好的一件事是 |
[24:02] | if they could make donations to the Youth Outreach Project of Downtown Phoenix. | 捐助Phoenix市中心的青年拓展计划 |
[24:08] | My wife was very committed to her volunteer work there. | 我妻子生前致力于那里的公益运动 |
[24:13] | And, uh, as for the service, uh… | 至于遗体告别,嗯… |
[24:15] | there’s no date set as of yet. | 现在还没有确定 |
[24:19] | Actually, I just… | 事实上,我想… |
[24:22] | want a little… time to go by. | 等时间过去一点 |
[24:25] | Our wedding anniversary is next week. | 下周是我们的结婚周年纪念 |
[24:29] | It would’ve been next week. | 本来是下周的 |
[24:32] | March 31st. | 3月31号 |
[24:35] | We would’ve been married two years. | 我们就结婚2年了 |
[24:42] | I just want a little… little time to go by. | 我只是想等时间过去一点 |
[25:48] | Oh, uh, hello, Mrs. Dubois, from the District Attorney’s office. | 哦,你好,地方检察院的Dubois夫人 |
[25:53] | I’m sorry to show up so early in the morning on such a difficult day. | 不好意思我在这么悲哀的一天一早来拜访 |
[25:56] | Oh, no, no, no, it’s okay. | 哦,不,不,没关系的 |
[25:57] | It’s good. It’s… actually, it’s good. | 不错,事实上不错 |
[25:59] | I… I, uh, overslept, and I’m expecting a delivery here any minute, so it’s, uh… it’s good. | 我…有点睡过了,而且我在等邮递 随时可能到,所以没关系 |
[26:08] | Um, anyway, I, uh, I-I wanted to thank you. | 无论如何,我都要谢谢你 |
[26:12] | I heard from the police that you were somehow involved in… | 我听警察说某种程度上你帮助 |
[26:15] | in finding Marcia– my-my wife’s… body. | 找到了Marcia– 我妻子的… 尸体 |
[26:21] | When I think about where she was, I mean… we might never have found her. | 当我想到她被埋的地方的时候,我的意思是 我们可能永远也找不到她 |
[26:25] | It might’ve been months. | 可能需要几个月 |
[26:28] | So, um… anyway, thank you. | 所以… 还是要谢谢你 |
[26:30] | That’s the reason I drove over here. I-I couldn’t sleep last night, | 我开车到这的原因是,我昨晚没睡着 |
[26:34] | and I was watching you on television, | 而且我看到你在电视上 |
[26:36] | and you were talking about how it would’ve been your anniversary next week. | 你说下周本来是结婚纪念的 |
[26:40] | And I noticed the most peculiar thing… | 我注意到一件怪事… |
[26:43] | The latitudinal coordinates. | 纬度坐标 |
[26:44] | Do you know what I mean by that? | 你知道我的意思么? |
[26:48] | Yeah. I’m a pilot. Yes. | 对,我是飞行员,我明白 |
[26:53] | Well, the latitudinal coordinates of where we found you wife’s body… | 发现你妻子尸体的纬度坐标 |
[26:58] | Three-three, dot, one-two, zero, zero, three. | |
[27:04] | Those are the exact same numbers in the exact same order | 和你们结婚的日子 |
[27:07] | as the date of your anniversary, | 是一样的数字和顺序 |
[27:10] | if you were to express that date numerically. | 如果你把日子写出来的话 |
[27:12] | March 31, 2003. | 3月31日,2003年 |
[27:17] | Three, 31, two, zero, zero, three. | |
[27:24] | Mr. Call? Okay if we bring these in? | Call先生?我把这些放进去可以么? |
[27:29] | Excuse me. People will be coming over. | 抱歉,有人要来了 |
[27:32] | They’ll be paying their respects. | 他们要来哀悼 |
[27:33] | – Oh, oh, I… – Yes, come on in. | – 哦,我… – 好,进去吧 |
[27:35] | – By all means… – Just do it. Why don’t you just…? | – 一定… – 进去,你为什么不…? |
[27:38] | Set those up in the, uh, living room, please. Thank you. | 请把那些放在客厅,谢谢 |
[27:46] | I’m not sure I know where you’re going with this. | 我不知道你想得出什么结论 |
[27:49] | I’m not necessarily going anywhere. I just thought it was peculiar. | 我不是要得出什么结论,只是觉得很奇怪 |
[27:53] | I thought it was interesting. | 很有趣 |
[27:54] | Well, forgive me, but I think you’re peculiar. | 好吧,原谅我,但奇怪的是你吧 |
[28:00] | My wife is dead. And I just think it is just completely odd for you | 我妻子死了,我正在想,对你来说 |
[28:04] | to come driving all the way over here at the crack of dawn | 在破晓时开这么远的路到我家 |
[28:07] | to point out some weird numeric coincidence to me. | 来指出一些古怪的数字上的巧合是多奇怪 |
[28:11] | Okay? I mean, are you one of these people that thinks there’s some relationship | 明白么?我说,你是不是认为 |
[28:15] | between 9/11 and dialing 911 to call the police? | 911事件和打911电话报警之间有联系? |
[28:18] | Mr. Call, I’m going to need you to come out and count some chairs | Call先生,我需要你出来清点一下椅子 |
[28:22] | and tables and glass and china and then sign the inventory list. | 桌子,玻璃和瓷器,然后在清单上签字 |
[28:24] | Okay. | 好 |
[28:27] | I’ll be right back. | 我马上回来 |
[29:14] | Thank you, Mr. Call. | 谢谢你,Call先生 |
[29:15] | We’ll be back in a couple days to pick up everything. | 我们会在几天后过来把东西收回 |
[29:18] | And by the way, we’re all really sorry about everything. | 顺便说一下,我们对发生的事感到很难过 |
[29:22] | Thank you. I appreciate you saying that. | 谢谢你,谢谢你的这番话 |
[29:26] | Is there anything else? | 还有其他什么事么? |
[29:27] | Have you, uh, discovered any other odd factoids | 你是不是还发现了其他的“线索”? |
[29:30] | that might further diminish my wife’s memory and trivialize her death? | 才能消除我妻子的回忆,让她的死变得平庸 |
[29:34] | No. I’m terribly sorry if I upset you. | 不,如果让你难过,我很抱歉 |
[29:38] | I’m sure you are. | 我是很难过 |
[29:39] | If you don’t mind, I have to get ready. | 如果你不介意,我要去准备了 |
[29:42] | People will be coming over. | 大伙要过来了 |
[29:56] | Girls, come on! Time’s a-wastin’! | 孩子们,快点,你们在浪费时间 |
[30:01] | Wow! Look at you. | 哇!看你 |
[30:03] | What’s the occasion? | 是什么日子呀? |
[30:04] | It’s Picture Day, Daddy. | 爸爸,今天是相片日 |
[30:06] | Everybody in school is getting their picture taken. | 学校里的每个人都要照相 |
[30:09] | Picture Day. Cool. I love Picture Day. | 相片日,酷。我喜欢相片日 |
[30:12] | Ready! | 准备好了 |
[30:19] | What’s the problem? Why are we all standing here? | 怎么回事?我们怎么都站在这? |
[30:22] | It’s Picture Day. | 今天是相片日 |
[30:23] | We don’t want to be late. | 可别迟到 |
[30:29] | Bridge, come on. You and I need to have a little talk. | Bridge,过来。我们得谈谈 |
[30:37] | Are you going to cancel Christmas? | 你要取消圣诞节么? |
[30:41] | Bridge, honey. | Bridge,甜心 |
[30:43] | It’s March. Christmas is a long way… | 现在是3月,圣诞还早着呢 |
[30:46] | Nobody can cancel Christmas. | 没人可以取消圣诞节 |
[30:48] | I don’t want to talk about Christmas. | 我想谈的不是圣诞节 |
[30:50] | I want to talk about Picture Day. | 是相片日 |
[30:52] | Okay. | 好 |
[30:54] | Well, you know, Picture Day is really important. | 你知道,相片日很重要 |
[30:57] | Every year, you get these pictures taken, | 每年你们都要照相 |
[31:00] | and that’s your picture for that grade, for that year, for all time. | 那是代表这一级,这一年和全部的相片 |
[31:05] | Okay. | 好 |
[31:07] | And that’s the picture we’re gonna send to friends at Christmas | 我们要把这相片在圣诞节寄给朋友们 |
[31:10] | and Grandma in Florida and hang on the refrigerator. | 还有在Florida的祖母 还要贴在冰箱上面 |
[31:14] | Okay. | 好 |
[31:16] | And I want everyone to see your pretty face and your beautiful eyes | 我希望每个人都能看见你可爱的脸和漂亮的眼睛 |
[31:19] | and your wavy hair, you know? | 还有波浪卷发,明白么? |
[31:22] | So what do you say maybe you leave the bike helmet at home today? | 所以今天把头盔留在家里,怎么样? |
[31:30] | You know, Daddy, you can cancel Christmas, if you want. | 你知道么,爸爸 你想的话就取消圣诞节吧 |
[31:34] | It’s okay with me. | 我没什么 |
[31:40] | What are you doing here? | 你在这干嘛? |
[31:42] | I thought Daddy was taking you to school. | 爸爸不是带你们上学去了么 |
[31:44] | He’s talking to Bridgette about her h-e-l-m-e-t. | 他正在和Bridgette说她头盔的事 |
[31:47] | Oh, no. | 哦,不 |
[31:48] | Oh, yes. | 哦,对 |
[31:50] | Hey, I remember you. | 嘿,我记得你 |
[31:52] | You left me a note in the middle of the night? | 是你半夜给我留了个条么? |
[31:55] | It’s good to see you again. | 再次见你很高兴 |
[31:56] | Hi, Mommy! | 你好,妈妈 |
[31:59] | Hi, Lambchop. | 你好,小可爱 |
[32:01] | You look beautiful. | 你看起来很漂亮 |
[32:02] | You both look beautiful. | 你们俩都是 |
[32:04] | Hey, guys, do me a favor. Go wait in the car. | 嘿,帮我个忙,出去在车里等着 |
[32:07] | I’ll be out in a second. | 我马上就去 |
[32:13] | – One morning I ask you to cover me. – One?! | – 我叫你帮我顶一个早晨 – 一个?! |
[32:15] | – One morning! – Second time this week! | – 一个早晨! – 本周的第二次了 |
[32:17] | – After years of “I’ve got to work late.” – I have a job, too. | – 在好几年的“我得工作到很晚”以后 – 我也有工作的 |
[32:19] | – “I got to work this weekend, babe.” – Maybe I’m not out there saving the world | – “宝贝,我这周末要工作” – 可能我没有从噩梦和妖怪中 |
[32:21] | – from bad dreams and bogeymen, but you know what? – And I would think, I would hope, you would assume | – 拯救世界,但你知道么? – 我本可以这样想,这样希望,这样假设 |
[32:23] | – what I was doing is pretty damn important. – I have a job, too, | – 我在做的很重要 – 我也有工作 |
[32:25] | and one of those jobs is to be Bridgette’s father. | 其中的一个是当Bridgette的爸爸 |
[32:27] | I am entitled to an opinion on things like how she looks. | 我有权对她的外观发表意见 |
[32:31] | It’s her class picture, for goodness sake. | 这是她的年级照呀 |
[32:33] | I would have thought, out of deference to me, out of some sort of consideration | 鉴于某种考虑,我应该想到 |
[32:36] | for the fact that we’re all going to have to look at this for the next 50 years, | 我们要看这照片50年 |
[32:38] | that maybe, maybe you could stop indulging her eccentricities and take a stand! | 你能不能停止对这种古怪行为的纵容 而采取点立场呢 |
[32:44] | Except, I think you like it! | 除非,我认为你喜欢她这样 |
[32:45] | Well, you know what, I do like it. | 你知道么,我是喜欢 |
[32:47] | I do like it, and you want to know why? | 就是喜欢,你知道为什么? |
[32:50] | Because those pictures are supposed to capture how they really look, | 因为这些相片本来就是要捕捉他们真实的样子 |
[32:53] | who they really are, before they change, before they’re gone. | 他们真实的自我 在他们改变,纯真年华不再以前 |
[32:57] | And today, who she really is is a little girl | 今天,她真实的样子是个小女孩 |
[33:01] | who’s in love with the way that a red helmet looks on her head. | 喜欢自己戴着红头盔的样子 |
[33:04] | And that’s great. ‘Cause that’s who she is! | 这很好,因为这是她本来的样子 |
[33:07] | Today! | 在今天 |
[33:09] | Just relax! She’s not getting married in it. | 放轻松!她不会戴着它结婚的 |
[33:13] | What am I doing? | 我在干嘛? |
[33:15] | I haven’t slept. I haven’t had any coffee. | 我没睡,没喝咖啡 |
[33:17] | The kids are sitting in the car. I got to get the baby, take everyone to school…! | 孩子们坐在车里,我得带宝宝 把孩子们送去学校 |
[33:20] | Hey, hey, hey, I’ll do that. | 嘿,嘿,我会做的 |
[33:21] | Oh, no, no, no. Please, I wouldn’t want to interrupt you. | 哦,不,不。我不想打扰你 |
[33:23] | You’re very busy “woe is Joeing.” | 你正忙着难过呢 |
[33:28] | You want to hear something funny? | 想听点有趣的事么? |
[33:31] | I was racing back home hoping that you would still be here, | 我赶回来希望你还在这 |
[33:34] | ’cause I had this crazy idea that I needed to talk to you. | 因为我有个疯狂的想法要告诉你 |
[33:38] | That you would help me sort this all out. | 希望你能帮我理清楚 |
[33:41] | That you could help me figure out my– what did you call it? | 希望你能帮我解决—你说的 |
[33:45] | My bogeyman and my… bad dreams? | 那些“妖怪和噩梦” |
[33:49] | All right, it was a bad choice of words. | 好吧,是我用词不当 |
[33:52] | I’m sorry. | 抱歉 |
[33:55] | What do you want to talk about? What do you want to sort out? | 你想说什么?想理清楚什么? |
[34:00] | If you knew that 200 people were going to die, and you could prevent it… | 如果你知道有200个人要死了 而你可以阻止这发生 |
[34:05] | So far, this is not a tough question. | 到现在为止,这个问题不难解决 |
[34:07] | No, but it meant that you had to compromise everything that you believe in, | 不,如果这意味这要妥协你所坚信的一切 |
[34:13] | and that you would have to let a guy go who committed an unspeakable act… | 如果要你放过一个犯下发指罪行的人 |
[34:20] | …what would you do? | 你会怎么做? |
[34:22] | I’ll get the baby. We’ll drive the kids together. | 我去抱宝宝,我们一起把孩子送过去 |
[34:26] | You can drop me off at work and explain this to me on the way. | 你可以在送我工作的路上和我说这一切 |
[34:33] | Well, if you’re convinced he’s guilty, you have to go to Devalos. | 如果你确定他有罪,应该立刻去找Devalos |
[34:36] | I’m not sure I should. | 我不确定是不是该那样做 |
[34:37] | What-What are you talking about? | 你在说什么? |
[34:39] | My dream last night. I think I know what it means. | 我昨晚的梦,我想我知道是什么意思了 |
[34:43] | That plane crashed when Call wasn’t flying it. | 那飞机不是Call在飞,最后坠毁了 |
[34:45] | If Call goes to prison, he won’t be the pilot. | 如果Call进监狱了,就不能开飞机 |
[34:48] | And hundreds of people will die? Is that what you’re saying? | 所以上百的人就要死,你是这个意思么? |
[34:52] | You realize that’s an absurd assertion, don’t you? | 你意识到这论断很荒谬么? |
[34:55] | You can’t control the future. | 你不能控制未来 |
[34:57] | The future is subject to hundreds and billions of variables, | 未来是由成千上万的变量决定的 |
[35:00] | almost none of which are in your control. | 没有几个变量你可以控制的了 |
[35:03] | – I know what I saw. – What you dreamt, darling. | – 我知道我看见的是什么意思 – 亲爱的,是你梦见的 |
[35:05] | And how many times have you thought a dream means one thing, | 有多少次你认为梦的意思是这个 |
[35:08] | only to discover that it meant something completely different? | 最后发现其实代表的是另一个了? |
[35:10] | I mean, isn’t that how we got here in the first place? | 我的意思是,一开始我们不是这么想的么? |
[35:12] | – This time I know. – No, this time, again, you assume. | – 这一次我知道 – 不,这次,还是你的假设 |
[35:15] | Just like the last time, when you assumed, | 就像上次,你假设 |
[35:17] | because you saw him fly the plane, that he must innocent. | 因为你看见他开飞机,所以他是无辜的一样 |
[35:20] | Just like you assumed that when he mentioned an anniversary, that his wife must be alive. | 就像你假设他提到周年纪念 所以他妻子没死一样 |
[35:24] | And now you’re assuming that because you dreamed this plane crash, | 现在你假设因为你看到飞机出事 |
[35:27] | that somehow it’s your responsibility– –no, your duty– | 所以在某种程度上,是你的责任– 不,是义务 |
[35:30] | to turn your back on the one thing that does seem reasonably certain: | 去背弃某件肯定的事一样 |
[35:34] | That this man killed his wife. | 这男人杀了他妻子 |
[35:35] | But what about all those people? What about that plane? | 但那飞机和里面的人怎么办呢? |
[35:37] | What about that woman he buried in the desert? | 那被埋在沙漠里的女人呢? |
[35:40] | What about the way he used the date of their anniversary to choose a place to dump her? | 他用结婚纪念来找埋尸点的行为呢? |
[35:44] | What about her family and their grief? | 她的家人和他们的悲痛呢? |
[35:47] | And what about justice? | 正义呢? |
[35:49] | You’re willing to turn your back on all of that for something you’re afraid might happen? | 你愿意为了一件你认为可能发生的事 而背弃全部的这些? |
[35:54] | I’m sorry, honey, that doesn’t sound like justice to me. | 抱歉,亲爱的,我听起来那不像正义 |
[35:56] | That sounds like cowardice. | 像是懦夫行为 |
[36:08] | So he had the means, and he had the motive. | 所以他有作案动机和条件 |
[36:12] | What we need is a piece of physical evidence that ties him to… | 我们需要的只是证据来逮捕他 |
[36:15] | Well, hello, stranger. | 你好,生客 |
[36:17] | We were just comparing notes on your friend Captain Call. You all right? | 我们正在比较关于Call机长的口供 你还好吧? |
[36:22] | Do you need me? | 需要我么? |
[36:24] | Folks, could you give us five minutes? | 大伙,等我们5分钟 |
[36:25] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[36:28] | Not withstanding your conviction that the man had absolutely nothing to do | 尽管你肯定他与绑架事件无关 |
[36:31] | with his wife’s abduction, we’ve discovered a couple of very interesting omissions in his story. | 我们发现他故事里漏掉的几个有趣的细节 |
[36:36] | Remember how two of his neighbors testified they saw Captain Call leave for work at 4:00, | 记得有2个邻居作证看到Call机长4点钟去工作 |
[36:40] | and then his wife leave the house at around 5:15, | 他妻子5点15才离开家 |
[36:43] | thus providing him with what should have been an airtight alibi? | 这样给他提供了一个完美的不在场证明 |
[36:45] | Turns out, his flight that normally leaves at 6:00 p.m. was delayed for four hours. | 事实上,他那架通常6点起飞的飞机 被延误了4个小时 |
[36:50] | And it turns out, Mrs. Call’s parents both died last year in a boating accident, | 而且,Call夫人的父母去年因为游艇事故去世了 |
[36:53] | leaving a rather considerable fortune to their only daughter. | 给他们唯一的女儿留下了一笔可观的遗产 |
[36:56] | Which, obviously, the husband would inherit, should she pass first. | 当然,如果她死了,遗产就是她老公的了 |
[37:04] | Allison… | |
[37:08] | …you look like you’re going to cry. | …你看起来要哭了 |
[37:12] | Everybody’s wrong once in a while. | 每个人有时候都会犯错 |
[37:14] | You did lead us to the victim’s body. | 你帮我们找到了受害者的遗体 |
[37:15] | No, it’s not that. | 不,不是因为这个 |
[37:17] | In fact, I’m fairly certain that he did kill his wife. | 事实上,我很肯定他杀了他妻子 |
[37:20] | In fact, I think I have the physical evidence to prove it. | 事实上,我有证据能证明 |
[37:26] | This is Captain Call’s. | 这是Call机长的 |
[37:28] | This is his security badge from the airport. | 是机场的安全徽章 |
[37:32] | If you’ll look inside the plastic protector, you’ll see grains of sand. | 透过塑胶表面,你能看到沙子 |
[37:36] | I’m pretty sure, if you have it tested, | 我肯定,如果化验一下 |
[37:39] | you’ll find it’s from the desert where we discovered the body. | 你会发现这和埋尸处的沙子是一样的 |
[37:42] | Wait a second. Where are you going? | 等一下,你要去哪? |
[37:44] | I have to get to the airport. I-I… | 我得去机场,我… |
[37:47] | What’s going on? You got people coming in? | 什么事?有人要来? |
[37:50] | I guess you could say that. | 可以这么说 |
[37:54] | When you see Captain Call, wish him a happy anniversary for me. | 看到Call机长,帮我说一句周年纪念快乐 |
[38:13] | Going to work? | 要去上班? |
[38:16] | You’re probably gonna need this. | 可能你需要这个 |
[38:19] | You hear that sand? | 听见沙子的声音了么? |
[38:22] | Turns out it’s from the desert where your wife’s body was found. | 我们发现那和藏尸处的沙子是一样的 |
[38:24] | Hmm. Well, maybe it is, and maybe it isn’t. | 嗯,可能是一样的,可能不是 |
[38:29] | One thing’s for certain: You didn’t obtain that security pass with a search warrant. | 但肯定的是,你不是通过搜查证拿到它的 |
[38:33] | That means it’s not admissible in court. | 这意味着法庭将不予接受 |
[38:36] | Now, if you’ll excuse me, I have to get ready for work. | 现在请允许我去上班 |
[38:39] | I have a plane to fly. | 一架飞机等着我呢 |
[38:41] | You might want to call in sick, cowboy. | 你可能需要请病假了,牛仔 |
[38:44] | I have a search warrant. | 我有搜查证 |
[38:45] | I intend to vacuum every room, every rug, and every drape in this house to find more sand. | 我要清空每间房,每条地毯和窗帘 来看看是否有更多的沙子了 |
[38:49] | I’ll even vacuum between your toes, up your nose and in your ass, if I have to. | 如果有必要,我甚至可以检查 你的脚趾,鼻子和屁股 |
[38:59] | Mrs. Dubois, at this point, its still circling over Cleveland. | Dubois女士,现在它仍在Cleveland上空盘旋 |
[39:04] | We’re estimating it’ll land about six minutes from now– | 我们估计还需要6分钟降落– |
[39:07] | a little late, due to weather. | 因为天气,略有延迟 |
[39:08] | That’s okay. I’ll wait. | 没事,我会等的 |
[39:10] | Mrs. Dubois, I’m happy to tell you as soon as the plane has landed, | Dubois女士,飞机降落我会很乐意告诉你的 |
[39:14] | but standing here and waiting like this– it’s just not necessary. | 但站在这里这样等着– 确实没有必要 |
[39:17] | You can call on your phone. | 你可以打电话 |
[39:19] | You can monitor the flight on your computer at home. | 你可以在家里用电脑监视航班 |
[39:21] | But you’ll know first, right? | 你总会第一个知道的,是么? |
[39:23] | I mean, you’ll know the second that they actually land. | 我说,你会第一时间知道它降落的 |
[39:27] | That’s okay. I’ll wait. | 没事,我会等的 |
[39:42] | This seat taken? | 这座位有人么? |
[39:44] | Hey. | 嘿 |
[39:47] | I want you to know, you’re making our baby-sitter the richest 16-year-old in Phoenix. | 我只想你知道,你在让我们的保姆 变成Phoenix16岁孩子中最富有的 |
[39:53] | I took a cab. I thought you might want some company on the ride home. | 我做计程车过来的,你可能需要人陪着回家 |
[40:00] | No word yet? | 没消息么? |
[40:01] | Well, they took him into custody. | 他们拘留了他 |
[40:04] | As soon as they took the death penalty off the table, he confessed to everything. | 当他们排除了死刑的时候 他立马承认了所有的罪行 |
[40:08] | He’d been planning it for months. | 他计划好几个月了 |
[40:10] | Waiting for a day when he knew in advance there’d be a long flight delay. | 等待他会提前知道飞机延误的一天 |
[40:15] | Went to work on time, deliberately left his security pass, | 准时去上班,故意丢下安全通行证 |
[40:18] | called his wife, asked her to bring it to the airport. | 打电话叫妻子把它送到机场 |
[40:20] | When she arrived, he met her at curbside. | 她到了,他就在路边见她 |
[40:23] | Told her he had some extra time, invited her out to eat. | 告诉她自己有空,邀请她一起吃饭 |
[40:26] | Pulled into an alley, leaned across as if he was going to kiss her. | 停在一条小巷,弯下腰好像要亲她 |
[40:32] | He suffocated her with a plastic bag. | 他用一个塑料袋闷死了她 |
[40:35] | Drove her out to the desert, buried her. | 然后开车到沙漠,埋了她 |
[40:39] | Left her car at a shopping mall and still got back in time to fly that plane to Cleveland. | 把车子丢在商场 然后及时赶回把飞机开到Cleveland |
[40:44] | Mrs. Dubois? | Dubois女士? |
[40:46] | Just wanted to let you know, the flight landed in Cleveland. | 只是想你知道,飞机已经在Cleveland降落 |
[40:49] | They’re taxiing to the arrival gate right now. | 他们正走出机场舱门 |
[40:51] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[40:55] | Let’s go home. | 我们回家吧 |
[40:56] | Hallelujah. | 哈利路亚 |
[40:57] | March 31 has come and gone. | 3月31结束了 |
[40:59] | Nothing crashed, no one died. All is right with the world. | 没坠机,无人伤亡 世界一切都好 |
[41:03] | Well, this year, anyway. | 只是今年而已 |
[41:24] | Hi, Daddy. | 嘿,爸爸 |
[41:27] | Morning, Bridge. | 早上好,Bridge |
[41:29] | Where’s your helmet? | 你的头盔呢? |
[41:33] | Hey, what’s going on? | 嘿,出什么事了? |
[41:35] | Bridget’s here, she’s helmet free. | Bridget在这,她没戴头盔 |
[41:38] | No more helmet, really? | 没头盔了,真的? |
[41:40] | I don’t know, maybe when I ride my bike… | 我不知道,可能我骑车的时候 |
[41:43] | Anyways… Here’re the pictures. | 不管怎样,这是我的照片 |
[41:45] | You guys weren’t home before I went to bed. | 我睡觉前你们还没回来 |
[41:47] | You guys have to decide which one is the one. | 你们得决定留下哪张 |
[41:50] | Allright sweetie, well give’em to daddy and we’ll look at ’em | 好,甜心,我会给爸爸的 我们会看的 |
[41:57] | Hey Bridg’, what’s the deal with the galoshes? | 嘿,Bridge,这胶鞋又是怎么回事? |
[42:00] | You’re expecting rain in the family room? | 你指望家里会下雨? |
[42:03] | I don’t know, I like the way they sound. | 我不知道,只是喜欢它发出的声音 |
[42:05] | I think I’m gonna wear’em forever. | 我想我可能要永远穿着它了 |
[42:26] | Looks just like her! | 是她的样子! |