时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:00] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[00:03] | Good afternoon. | 下午好 |
[00:04] | You know, I’ve got some important news for you. | 大家都知道,我有一些重要的事情要告诉大家 |
[00:07] | No one is born rich. | 没有人生来就是富有的 |
[00:08] | No one. | 没有人 |
[00:10] | Everyone is born naked and penniless. | 每个人出生的时候都是赤裸的,贫穷的 |
[00:12] | So how do you get rich? | 那么你怎么能变得富有呢? |
[00:13] | How do you stay rich? | 你如何保持富有呢? |
[00:15] | How do you get even richer? | 你怎么变得更加富有呢? |
[00:17] | That’s why we’re here. | 那就是我们在这里的原因 |
[00:19] | That’s what we want to know, right? | 那就是我们需要知道的,对不对? |
[00:20] | Me? My theory? | 我?我的意见? |
[00:21] | It all boils down to six words: | 归结为6个字: |
[00:24] | What are you willing to do? | 你愿意做什么? |
[00:29] | Can you stand up for me, please? | 能请你站起来吗? |
[00:31] | How much do you make a year, ma’am? | 你一年挣多少钱,女士? |
[00:34] | I’d rather not say. | 我最好不要说 |
[00:35] | I’ll give you $100 to say. | 我会给你100美元 |
[00:38] | Two hundred. | 两百美元 |
[00:41] | Uh, I make about $37,500 a year. | 呃,我一年大概挣37500美元 |
[00:45] | $37,700 now. | 现在变成了37700美元 |
[00:48] | Liking this, right? | 就像这样,不是吗? |
[00:49] | Money’s good. | 钱真是好东西 |
[00:50] | Money is good. | 钱是好东西 |
[00:53] | Are you wearing clean underwear? | 你穿的是干净的内衣裤吗? |
[00:56] | Pardon me? | 你说什么? |
[00:57] | Are you wearing clean underwear? | 你穿的是干净的内衣裤吗? |
[00:59] | It’s just a question. | 只是个问题而已 |
[01:00] | And I will give you $100 to tell me. | 我会给你100美元来回答这个问题 |
[01:03] | Sure. | 当然 |
[01:04] | I’m wearing clean underwear. | 我穿的是干净的内衣裤 |
[01:07] | Take off all of your clothes, | 脱掉你所有的衣服 |
[01:08] | right here, right now, | 就在这里,就现在 |
[01:10] | in front of everybody, | 在所有人面前 |
[01:10] | and I will double your annual income. | 我会给加倍给你一年所赚的钱 |
[01:12] | Bring you up to a cool $75,000. | 把你挣的钱提高为75,000美元 |
[01:14] | What do you say? | 你说什么呢? |
[01:16] | No, no, | 不,不 |
[01:17] | I can’t do that. | 我不能那么做 |
[01:18] | No, no, no, no. | 不,不,不,不 |
[01:19] | Is that your husband? | 那是你的丈夫吗? |
[01:21] | Yes. | 是的 |
[01:21] | Couldn’t he use the money, too? | 他也不用用钱吗? |
[01:23] | It doesn’t matter, I… | 这没什么关系,我… |
[01:26] | I’m not gonna do it. | 我不会那么做的 |
[01:28] | Besides, he doesn’t want me to do it, either. | 另外,他也不会想让我那么做的 |
[01:31] | Me! I’ll do it! | 我!我来做! 选我! |
[01:31] | Pick me! | 我!我来做! 选我! 我没有问你们! |
[01:32] | I didn’t ask you! | 选我! 我没有问你们! |
[01:33] | It’s easy for you. | 对你们来说很简单 |
[01:35] | I’m asking her. | 我问的是她 |
[01:37] | You know, it’s 3:15 in the afternoon. | 你知道,现在是下午3:15 |
[01:39] | By 3:16, you could have doubled your annual income. | 到3:16的时候,你就可以把你一年的收入翻倍 |
[01:42] | You could have twice as much money as you have right now. | 你可以拥有现在你所有的钱的两倍 |
[01:44] | You could pay off your bills. | 你可以还清你的账单 |
[01:46] | You could buy yourself something nice. | 你可以帮你自己买一些很好的东西 |
[01:47] | All you have to do is… | 而你所要做的只是… |
[01:50] | But I can’t. Um… | 但我不能.恩… |
[01:52] | Thank you, anyway. | 不管怎样,谢谢你 |
[01:55] | Okay, I will triple your annual salary. | 好吧,我把你一年的收入变成三倍 |
[01:57] | Bring you up to $112,500. | 把你的钱变成112,500美元 |
[02:00] | That’s six figures. | 记得那六个字 |
[02:01] | That’s really nice. | 真的很棒 |
[02:03] | Just take off your clothes. | 只要脱掉你的衣服 |
[02:05] | But I can’t. | 但我不能 |
[02:07] | Why don’t you ask one of them? | 你为什么不让其它人来? |
[02:09] | ‘Cause I’m asking you. | 因为我问的是你 |
[02:11] | Okay, I’ll triple your annual salary, | 好吧,我会把你一年收入翻三倍 |
[02:14] | not just this year, | 不只是今年 |
[02:15] | but for the rest of your life. | 而是在你的余生都如此 |
[02:17] | Let’s say you live over 30 years. | 假设你还能活30年 |
[02:20] | That’s over two million dollars. | 那样就超过200万美元 |
[02:21] | You’d be rich. | 你会变得很富有 |
[02:22] | You’d be a millionaire. | 你会成为一个百万富翁 |
[02:24] | What do you say? | 你怎么说? |
[02:26] | I can’t. | 我不能 |
[02:28] | You can’t or you won’t? | 你不能还是你不愿意? |
[02:29] | I won’t do it. | 我不愿意 |
[02:32] | Is that your final answer? | 这是你最后的答案吗? |
[02:35] | Yes, yes, | 是的,是的 |
[02:36] | that’s my final answer. | 这就是我最后的答案 |
[02:39] | Remember these six words, folks: | 记得这6个字,朋友们: |
[02:41] | What are you willing to do? | 你愿意做什么? |
[02:44] | What about you, sir? | 你怎么样,先生? |
[02:47] | Excuse me? | 对不起? |
[02:50] | Well, sure, I’d take off my clothes for a couple million. | 哦,当然,我愿意脱掉衣服成为百万富翁 |
[02:52] | No, the question is: | 不,问题是: |
[02:53] | Will you take hers off? | 你想脱掉她的吗? |
[02:56] | If she lives 30 years, | 如果她再活30年 |
[02:58] | that’s over $2,250,000. | 那可超过2,250,000美元 |
[03:00] | You’d be a millionaire. | 你会成为百万富翁 |
[03:01] | You’d be rich. | 你会很富有 |
[03:03] | What are you willing to do? | 你愿意做什么? |
[03:05] | What are you willing to do? | 你愿意做什么? |
[03:08] | I want to go. | 我要走了 |
[03:10] | I want to leave! | 我要离开这里! |
[03:11] | Shut up! | 闭嘴! 你愿意做什么? |
[03:11] | What are you willing to do? | 闭嘴! 你愿意做什么? |
[03:15] | Get off of me! | 滚开! |
[03:17] | A hundred dollars for anybody to help me! | 我出100美元有谁来帮我! |
[03:19] | Get off of me! | 滚开! |
[03:34] | What do you think about this? | 你觉得怎么样? |
[03:37] | Nice. | 很好 |
[03:38] | I don’t want nice. | 我不要很好 |
[03:39] | It’s jury duty. | 我今天是当陪审团 |
[03:40] | I want something that says “You can’t trust this man.” | 我要看起来”你可以相信这个人” |
[03:43] | What do you think? | 你觉得怎么样? |
[03:45] | Bowling or pineapples? | 保龄图案还是菠萝图案的? |
[03:46] | I have no idea. | 我没有意见 |
[03:48] | Come on! | 拜托! |
[03:48] | This is your area. | 这可是你的领域 |
[03:49] | Help me out here, | 帮我解决一下 |
[03:50] | give me a little guidance– pick one. | 给一点意见–选一件 |
[03:51] | I’ll give you a hundred bucks. | 我给你一百美元 |
[03:53] | Go naked. | 裸体去吧 |
[04:42] | The kids are up. | 孩子们起来了 |
[04:43] | I heard noises. | 我已经听见吵闹声 |
[04:44] | Decided to go with clothes after all, huh? | 终于决定穿什么衣服了,恩? |
[04:48] | Don’t say I didn’t warn you. | 不要说我没有警告过你 |
[04:49] | Help me! | 帮帮我! |
[04:51] | What is going on? | 发生什么事情了? |
[04:53] | She’s gonna murder me! | 她想要杀我! |
[04:56] | There you are! | 你在这里! |
[04:57] | No screaming. | 不要尖叫 |
[04:59] | It’s 6:30 in the morning. | 现在是早上6:30 |
[05:00] | You’re gonna wake the baby. | 你会把小妹妹吵醒的 |
[05:01] | That’s my shirt, | 那是我的衬衣 |
[05:02] | that’s my sweater, | 是我的毛衣 |
[05:03] | that’s my hair band. | 我的发带 |
[05:04] | I put them out last night and she woke up first and she took them. | 昨晚我把它们拿出来,然后她第一个起来 就把它们穿上了 |
[05:08] | Tell her she has to take them off! | 告诉她她必须把它们都脱下来! |
[05:10] | Bridgette… | |
[05:12] | Take… them… off! | 把…它们…脱下来! |
[05:16] | But she took out 15 different things! | 但她拿出来了15样不同的东西! |
[05:19] | Three. I was choosing. | 三样.我正在选呢 |
[05:21] | And I choose that! | 而我现在选这个! |
[05:22] | Okay, no snatching. | 好吧,不要抢 |
[05:23] | Hey, hey, hey. | 嘿,嘿,嘿 |
[05:24] | Hold on a second. | 停一下 |
[05:26] | Everybody back up. | 每个人都退后 |
[05:29] | Bridgette, you’re wearing your sister’s clothes. | Bridgette,你穿着你姐姐的衣服 |
[05:31] | Did you ask before you put them on? | 你在穿之前问过她了吗? |
[05:33] | Huh? | 恩? 不,她没有 |
[05:33] | No, she didn’t. | 恩? 不,她没有 |
[05:35] | Why are you smiling? | 你干嘛笑? |
[05:36] | Did you ask? | 你问了吗? |
[05:37] | Okay, Ariel– do you think, | 好吧,Ariel–你觉得 |
[05:39] | if she asks nicely, | 如果她友好地问了你 |
[05:41] | could you possibly wear one of the other two outfits | 你有可能会穿其它两样 |
[05:43] | that were contenders for today? | 今天在争夺的东西吗? |
[05:44] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[05:46] | Why should I? | 为什么要我回答? |
[05:48] | Please? | 想一下? |
[05:50] | I guess. | 我想是的 |
[05:50] | Okay. | 好吧 谢谢,Ariel |
[05:51] | Thank you, Ariel. | 好吧 谢谢,Ariel |
[05:52] | Whatever. | 不管怎么样 |
[05:53] | It doesn’t look good on you, anyway. | 穿在你的身上怎么都不好看 |
[05:55] | See? | 看见了吗? |
[05:56] | Another crisis averted. | 另一个危机转移了 |
[05:58] | Joe Dubois– | |
[06:00] | our juries need citizens like you. | 我们的陪审团需要像你一样的市民 |
[06:03] | Don’t even say that. | 不要那么说 |
[06:04] | Someone might hear. | 有人或许会听见的 |
[06:05] | Take that back. | 收回你的话 |
[06:06] | I will not. | 我不要 |
[06:07] | I am proud that you’re summoned for jury duty. | 我很自豪你充分的陪审员职责 |
[06:10] | What’s jury duty? | 什么是陪审员职责? |
[06:11] | It’s a gigantic waste of Daddy’s time, that’s what it is. | 就是非常浪费爸爸的时间,就是这样 |
[06:15] | It’s one of the things that makes our justice system great. | 是一件让我们的司法系统更完善的事情 |
[06:17] | When people get in trouble, | 当人们遇到麻烦 |
[06:19] | they get to be judged by people just like them. | 他们会受到和他们一样的人的审判 |
[06:21] | It’s called a jury. | 这就叫做陪审团 |
[06:23] | And it’s every citizen’s obligation to be on one. | 这是每个公民的义务 |
[06:25] | And it’s an honor to be asked. | 被要求到就是一种荣誉 |
[06:27] | Mommy’s right. | 妈妈说的对 |
[06:28] | It is an honor. | 这是一种荣誉 |
[06:29] | It’s just a really inconvenient honor because Daddy has, like, | 只是这是一种非常麻烦的荣誉,因为爸爸还有,就像 |
[06:32] | three million things that he has to do at work, | 三百万件工作要做 |
[06:36] | and I really can’t afford the day. | 我真的不能空出一天的时间 |
[06:39] | You’ll be lucky if it’s a day. | 如果只是一天,你会很幸运的 |
[06:41] | It’ll be a lot longer, | 如果你被选中 |
[06:42] | if you get picked. | 会花很长的时间 |
[06:43] | Don’t worry, I’m not going to get picked. | 不要急,我不会被选中的 |
[06:45] | You got a lot of faith in that shirt. | 你对那件衬衫充满了信心 |
[06:48] | It’s not the shirt I’m counting on, darling; it’s you. | 我可不指望衬衫,亲爱的,我指望的是你 |
[06:51] | Me? What about me? | 我?我怎么了? |
[06:53] | You. You work for the DA. | 你,你为检察官工作 |
[06:57] | Think about it. | 想想吧 |
[06:58] | What defense attorney is going to want the spouse of somebody who works for | 有那个辩护律师会让某个为检察官工作的人 |
[07:02] | the DA sitting up there judging his or her client? | 的配偶坐在那里审判她或他的当事人呢? |
[07:06] | You, darling, | 你,亲爱的 |
[07:07] | are my “Get Out of Jail Free” card. | 就是我的免费出狱卡 |
[07:12] | Mr. District Attorney… | 检察官先生… |
[07:15] | do you have a moment? | 你有时间吗? |
[07:16] | Take your time, counselor. | 慢一点吧,律师 |
[07:17] | We’re both going to the same place. | 我们都要去同一个地方 |
[07:18] | They can’t start without us. | 没有我们的话他们是不能开始的 |
[07:19] | Well, how about we don’t start at all. | 好吧,那如果我们根本就不开始呢 |
[07:21] | I’ve made six plea offers. | 我已经作出了6个请求建议 |
[07:23] | You haven’t even responded. | 你还没有给出回应呢 |
[07:24] | Make me a serious proposal, I’ll be happy to respond. | 给我个认真的提议,我会很高兴作出回应的 |
[07:27] | Okay. Class-B Criminal Negligence with a fine and community service. | 好的.B级犯罪过失,罚款以及社区服务 |
[07:32] | A fine and community service? | 罚款以及社区服务? |
[07:33] | Your client killed his wife. | 你的当事人杀了他的妻子 |
[07:35] | No, he did not. | 不,他没有 |
[07:36] | Come on, the facts are not in dispute here. | 拜托,事实不是在这里争论出来的 |
[07:38] | They were on the boat, they were both drinking, | 他们当时都在船上,他们都喝了酒 |
[07:40] | he went to sleep and she fell overboard in the middle of the night. | 他去睡觉了,而她在半夜翻出了船外 |
[07:42] | It’s a horrible, | 这是件很可怕 |
[07:43] | terrible accident but it is not a violation of the law. | 很可怕的事故,但并没有违背法律 |
[07:46] | Well actually, counselor, | 事实上,辩护律师 |
[07:46] | the facts are in dispute here. | 事实就是在这里争论出来的 |
[07:48] | I’m not sure I believe your client’s story. | 我不能肯定我相信你当事人的故事 |
[07:50] | Excuse me?! | 对不起?! |
[07:50] | But let’s put that aside for the time being. | 但让我们暂时把这件事情放在一边 |
[07:52] | Let’s say we accept his version of things. | 就说我们承认他所说的故事的版本 |
[07:53] | He still committed a crime. | 他也还是犯罪了 |
[07:55] | It’s called criminally negligent homicide. | 称为刑事疏忽杀人罪 |
[07:57] | He left his severely intoxicated wife on the deck of a boat at sea. | 他把醉的一塌糊涂的妻子扔在了海里的一艘船上 |
[08:01] | There was substantial and reasonable risk she would die. | 而这的确也非常合理的会导致她的死亡 |
[08:03] | Yeah, I know the statute. | 是的,我知道这个条例 |
[08:04] | Oh, I’m sure you do. | 哦,我肯定你知道 |
[08:05] | And I know that you know that any kind of homicide requires proof that the | 我还知道,你应该了解证明任何一个 杀人犯都需要证据 |
[08:09] | victim be actually dead. | 受害人真的死了的证据 |
[08:11] | Like a body. | 比如说一具尸体 |
[08:12] | Which you do not have. | 而事实上你并没有 |
[08:13] | You’ve had divers at the bottom of that lake for nine weeks. | 你已经在那个湖底找了9个星期 |
[08:15] | You have come up with nothing. | 但什么也没有找到 |
[08:17] | So let’s talk plea. | 所以我们还是谈谈诉辩协让吧 |
[08:20] | Let’s not. | 还是不要了吧 |
[08:22] | Moving along to number 19, | 继续19号 |
[08:23] | Mr. Joseph Dubois. | Joseph Dubois先生 |
[08:27] | Joseph Dubois? | |
[08:30] | Yes… Sorry. | 是的…对不起 |
[08:31] | Yes. Present. | 是的.法官 |
[08:32] | Now, before the attorneys begin, | 现在,在律师开始之前 |
[08:34] | I’d like to ask you about one thing. | 我想问你一件事情 |
[08:36] | I noticed on your jury questionnaire, | 我注意到在你的陪审团调查表上 |
[08:38] | you noted that your wife works for the district attorney. | 你注明了你妻子是为检察官工作的 |
[08:41] | Is that correct? | 是正确的吗? |
[08:42] | Yes, that is correct. | 是的,是正确的 |
[08:44] | Mr. Dubois, as a juror, | Dubois先生,作为一个陪审员 |
[08:45] | you have an obligation not to discuss this case or your opinions with anyone, | 你有义务不能和其它人讨论这个案子和你的意见 |
[08:49] | including your wife. | 包括你的妻子 |
[08:51] | Will that be a problem? | 会有问题吗? |
[08:52] | I don’t think so, no. | 我不这么认为,不 |
[08:53] | All right. | 好的 |
[08:54] | Mr. Devalos? | Devalos先生? |
[08:56] | Has Mrs. Dubois done any work on this case at all? | Dubois夫人在这个案子上有没有做过什么工作? |
[09:00] | Has she met with Stephen Garner or any of the other witnesses? | 她有没有见过Stephen Garner或其它证人? |
[09:04] | No, Your Honor, she has not. | 不,法官阁下,她没有 |
[09:06] | All right. | 好的 |
[09:07] | Mr. Devalos, | Devalos先生 |
[09:08] | you may begin. | 你可以开始了 |
[09:09] | We have no questions for Mr. Dubois. | 我们对Dubois先生没有什么问题 |
[09:12] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[09:13] | Ms. Romney, | Romney小姐 |
[09:14] | I’m certain you do have some questions for Mr. Dubois. | 我肯定你有一些问题要问Dubois先生 |
[09:17] | Thank you, Your Honor. | 谢谢,法官阁下 |
[09:19] | Just a few. | 只要一会儿 |
[09:21] | Mr. Dubois… | Dubois先生… |
[09:24] | you say in your questionnaire that you work in the aerospace industry. | 你在你的调查卷中说你是做航空和航天工业的 |
[09:28] | What do you do exactly? | 你都做些什么呢? |
[09:30] | I’m a systems design mathematician. | 我是一名系统设计数学家 |
[09:32] | And do you make a good living doing that? | 你的生活因此而过的很美满? |
[09:34] | I do all right. | 我做的很好 |
[09:36] | Do you work with people who do much better than you do? | 你是否和一些做得比你好的多的人一起工作? |
[09:39] | Sure. | 当然 |
[09:40] | A lot of our suppliers are start-ups, so… | 许多我们的供应商都是因此发迹的,所以… |
[09:43] | if you patent the right concept, | 如果你的专利非常好 |
[09:45] | you can start your own company. | 你就可以自己创业了 |
[09:47] | There’s a lot of money in aerospace. | 在航空业有很多钱可以赚 |
[09:49] | Interesting. | 有意思 |
[09:49] | And how do you feel about those people, | 那你是怎么想那些人的 |
[09:51] | the ones who managed to strike it rich in your field? | 那些设法在你的领域找到财富的人? |
[09:55] | I guess I hope to be one… someday. | 我想我希望成为其中一员…在某天 |
[09:58] | Here’s hoping. | 这里就有希望 |
[10:01] | Do you drink, Mr. Dubois? | 你喝酒吗,Dubois先生? |
[10:03] | Mm, sometimes. | 恩,有时候 |
[10:04] | In moderation. | 适度的喝 |
[10:06] | Did you ever drink a little too much? | 你有没有曾经喝多过? |
[10:09] | Sure… well, not for awhile. | 当然…不是现在 |
[10:10] | When I was younger. In college. | 是我年轻的时候.在大学里 |
[10:12] | And, during one of those times, | 那么,在那个时候 |
[10:14] | when you were under the influence of alcohol, | 当你处在酒精的影响之下 |
[10:16] | did you ever make a decision you regretted? | 你有没有做过让你很后悔的决定? |
[10:19] | Or do something or say something that was… | 或做一些或说一些那种… |
[10:23] | I don’t know… ill-advised? | 我不知道…没脑筋的事情? |
[10:24] | Sure. Absolutely. | 当然,肯定的 |
[10:26] | I mean, isn’t that what college is for? | 我是说,那不就是大学生活吗? |
[10:28] | Thank you, Mr. Dubois. | 谢谢,Dubois先生 |
[10:30] | – Okay. You’re welcome. – No more questions. | – 好的,没关系 – 没有其它问题了 |
[10:31] | All right, approach. | 好的,来决定吧 |
[10:36] | Mr. Dubois is certainly an acceptable juror to the prosecution. | Dubois先生的确是这个诉讼中合适的陪审员 |
[10:39] | What a surprise. | 真是惊奇啊 |
[10:40] | Ms. Romney? | 那Romney小姐呢? |
[10:41] | Mr. Dubois is equally acceptable to the defense. | Dubois先生能够胜任这次辩护中的陪审员 |
[10:45] | Terrific. | 真可怕 |
[10:46] | Your Honor, | 法官阁下 |
[10:47] | I’m concerned that either defense is setting up grounds for an appeal based | 我担心辩方要么是请了一个不合适的律师 |
[10:50] | on incompetent counsel or she needs another cup of espresso. | 要么是她需要来一杯浓缩咖啡 |
[10:53] | No, Your Honor. | 不,法官阁下 |
[10:54] | Actually, Mr. Dubois is just what I’m looking for. | 事实上,Dubois先生就是我要找的人 |
[10:58] | He seems like an intelligent man, a logical man, | 他看起来是个很聪明,有逻辑的人 |
[11:00] | with no apparent prejudices or predispositions against people who have more | 对那些比他更有钱的人没有外表偏见 |
[11:04] | money than he does. | 或倾向性 |
[11:05] | He claims to have and understanding of how alcohol can impair your judgment, | 他能够了解酒精是可以削弱你的判断力 |
[11:08] | and, most of all, | 而最主要的是 |
[11:09] | he seems like a fair man. | 他看起来是个很公正的人 |
[11:11] | And at the end of the day, | 在最后的时刻 |
[11:11] | what more can I ask for? | 我还能要求更多的什么呢? |
[11:14] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[11:15] | Mr. Dubois… | Dubois先生… |
[11:17] | Yes. | 是的 |
[11:18] | Uh, sorry, your Honor, | 呃,对不起,法官阁下 |
[11:18] | I was just hoping that I could get my, um, | 我刚才只是希望我可以,恩 |
[11:20] | my slip from the clerk. | 从坐席中退出 |
[11:22] | Well, no, Mr. Dubois, | 哦,不,Dubois先生 |
[11:23] | you’re not dismissed. | 你没有被解职 |
[11:24] | You’re serving on this jury. | 你继续在陪审团担当职务 |
[11:26] | Congratulations. | 祝贺你 |
[11:32] | They finally asleep? | 她们终于睡着了? |
[11:33] | That took awhile. | 用了不少时间 |
[11:36] | I’m going to do lunches in the morning. | 我准备明天早上在家做午饭 |
[11:37] | I’m too tired. | 太累了 |
[11:39] | Okay. | 好的 |
[11:40] | You almost ready for bed? | 你已经准备好睡觉了? |
[11:41] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[11:43] | I just got to finish this. | 我只是需要把这个做完 |
[11:45] | Until this trial’s over, | 直到这次审判结束 |
[11:46] | it’s like I got two jobs. | 我就像有两个工作一样 |
[11:48] | Hey, who’s that? | 嘿,那是谁? |
[11:50] | …in the death of his wife, Jessica Garner. | …在她妻子的死亡案件中,Jessica Garner |
[11:52] | Hey, that’s the guy who was in my dream last night. | 嘿,他就是那个昨晚在我梦里出现的家伙 |
[11:54] | …of criminally negligenthomicide in a trial that begins today… | …今天开始的刑事疏忽罪审判… |
[11:59] | Uh-oh, uh-oh. | 呃-哦,呃-哦 |
[12:01] | Where are you going? | 你要去哪里? |
[12:02] | I can’t watch that news report. | 我不能看那个新闻报道 |
[12:04] | That’s my case. I can’t watch that. | 那是我的案子.我不能看那个 |
[12:05] | That’s the case I was picked to be a juror on. | 就是那个我被选为作陪审员的案子 |
[12:09] | Turning to weather…. | 现在是气象预告…. |
[12:10] | The forecast, mostly sunny skies today, | 气象预报,今天的天气阳光明媚 |
[12:12] | with brisky, chilly winds… | 伴随有凉爽的风… |
[12:13] | Is it over? | 结束了? |
[12:15] | The scary part’s over. | 恐怖的部分结束了 |
[12:19] | So that’s your case, huh? | 所以那就是你的案子,恩? |
[12:21] | I don’t even think I’m allowed to answer that. | 我觉得我被不允许回答这个问题 |
[12:23] | Oh, come on. I don’t know anything about it, honest. | 哦,拜托.事实上,我并不知道任何事情 |
[12:26] | Ally, you just told me you had a dream about the guy. | Ally,你刚才告诉我你做了一个关于这个家伙的梦 |
[12:28] | Yeah, it wasn’t that kind of dream. | 是的,不是那种梦 |
[12:30] | It was a crazy dream. A nonsense dream. | 只是个很疯狂的梦.乱七八糟的 |
[12:32] | Al, I don’t want to talk about it, okay? | Al,我真的不想讨论了,好吗? |
[12:34] | Wow. Look who got religion. | 哇哦.看看谁变得有信仰了 |
[12:36] | This morning you would have done anything to get out of jury duty. | 今天早上你还在想尽办法摆脱陪审团职责 |
[12:40] | Now suddenly, you’re the jury duty poster boy. | 而现在突然你成了个尽职的陪审员 |
[12:42] | Cute. | 真可爱 |
[12:43] | You’re not too bad yourself. | 你自己还并不坏嘛 |
[13:45] | Okay, guys, | 好吧,孩子们 |
[13:46] | jackets and backpacks. | 拿好夹克和背包 |
[13:47] | Have a great day, guys. | 祝你们拥有美好的一天,孩子们 |
[13:49] | Bye, Mom. | 再见,妈妈 |
[13:49] | Bye, Dad. | 再见,爸爸 |
[13:50] | Bye, baby. | 再见,亲爱的 |
[13:52] | Can we drive all together everyday? | 我们可不可以每天都一起开车来? |
[13:55] | If gas doesn’t get any cheaper, we might have to. | 如果汽油不再便宜一点的话,或许我们必须那么做了 |
[13:58] | It’s kind of special today, sweetie. | 今天比较特别,亲爱的 |
[13:59] | Mommy and Daddy are working at the same place. | 妈妈和爸爸要去同一个地方上班 |
[14:02] | Bridgette, come on. | Bridgette,来吧 |
[14:04] | Bye, pumpkin. | 再见,小南瓜 |
[14:05] | Bye, darlin’. | 再见,亲爱的 |
[14:06] | Bye. | 再见 |
[14:08] | I’m coming. | 我来了 |
[14:18] | Allison… | |
[14:20] | What are you doing? | 你在做什么? |
[14:21] | Oh, just catching up on the Stephen Garner case. | 哦,只是想多了解一些Stephen Garner的案子 |
[14:24] | Okay… I just need you to stop reading what you’re reading, | 好吧…我只是需要你停止阅读你正在读的东西 |
[14:28] | get up and walk out of this room. | 站起来走出这间房间 |
[14:30] | Excuse me? | 对不起? |
[14:31] | Your husband is on the jury, Allison. | 你丈夫是陪审团一员,Allison |
[14:33] | No, I know, I wasn’t going to discuss any of this. | 不,我知道.我不会跟他讨论这些东西的 |
[14:37] | It’s just… | 只是… |
[14:39] | I’ve been having dreams. | 我做了一些梦 |
[14:42] | You’ve had dreams about this case? | 你做了关于这个案子的梦? |
[14:46] | Anything definite? Anything that we should be investigating? | 有什么明确的东西吗?有什么 我们需要调查的事情吗? |
[14:48] | Well, maybe. I don’t… | 或许吧.我不… |
[14:50] | I don’t know how the pieces fit together. | 我不知道怎么把它们拼凑起来 |
[14:52] | Okay, forget it. | 好吧,忘了这一切 |
[14:54] | Allison, I just need you to please get up and walk out of this room. | Allison,我只是想请你站起来,走出这个房间 |
[14:58] | But why? | 但为什么? |
[14:59] | Why? | 为什么? |
[15:01] | Because if a judge finds out that you are working on this case in any capacity– | 因为如果法官发现你正在着手处理这个案子– |
[15:04] | if he walked in right now and saw you with these files, | 如果他现在走进来看见你和这些文件 |
[15:06] | we’d be looking at a mistrial. | 我们会被视为无效审判 |
[15:08] | And Stephen Garner would walk. | Stephen Garner就可以走了 |
[15:11] | He would have murdered his wife and walked away. | 他杀了他的妻子并能就这么逃脱 |
[15:14] | I don’t understand. He’s not on trial for murder. | 我不明白.他并不是作为谋杀来审判的 |
[15:16] | It was an accident, it was negligence, wasn’t it? | 那是一起事故,只是疏忽罪,不是吗? |
[15:19] | You know, | 你知道 |
[15:20] | it’s funny, most of the time I’m staring at a crime and I’m looking for motive, | 可笑的是,大多数时间我都在盯着这个罪行 我在寻找动机 |
[15:23] | means and opportunity. | 手段和机会 |
[15:25] | Here, I’ve got all three and yet I’m forced to behave as if there’s no crime. | 现在,我已经找到了3个动机但我只能 假装什么罪行都没有的样子 |
[15:30] | I’m sorry, I’m not following you. | 对不起,我不明白你的意思 |
[15:32] | In my opinion, | 我的想法是 |
[15:33] | Stephen Garner took his rich wife out on that boat and killed her. | Stephen Garner把他富有的妻子 带到那艘船上并杀了她 |
[15:38] | Maybe he got her drunk and pushed her. | 或许是他把她灌醉并把她推了下去 |
[15:39] | Maybe he just smashed in her skull and threw her overboard. | 或许他只是打破了她的头并把她扔出船外 |
[15:42] | I don’t have a body so I don’t know. | 我没有找到尸体所以我不知道 |
[15:45] | But whatever happened, the final result is she’s dead and he did it on purpose. | 但不管发生了什么,最终的结果是她死了 而他的确处于目的而杀了她 |
[15:50] | – But why? – Money. | – 但为什么? – 钱 |
[15:52] | Hers… | 她的… |
[15:53] | a $40 million trust fund. | 价值4千万的信托基金 |
[15:55] | But I can’t prove that. | 但我不能证明 |
[15:57] | So I’m hoping to get a conviction on criminally negligent homicide, | 所以我只能希望宣布他犯了刑事疏忽杀人罪 |
[16:01] | and then, maybe, I can put him away for four years. | 那么,或许我可以将他监禁4年 |
[16:04] | Four years on a garbage charge. | 4年监禁在垃圾堆中 |
[16:06] | And that’s all the justice I can offer this poor woman. | 那是所有我可以为这个可怜的女人所做的了 |
[16:10] | So, please, don’t make an impossible task harder. | 所以,求你,不要让这不可能的任务更艰难了 |
[16:13] | Just get up, walk out, and I’ll give the files back to Sondra. | 只要站起来,走出去,我会把这些文件还给Sondra |
[16:23] | We didn’t even get on the water till after 10:00. | 我们10:00以后才去的水上 |
[16:26] | Dropped anchor in Jefferson Cove. | 在杰斐逊湾抛了锚 |
[16:28] | I started to cook dinner while she got out the wine. | 在她出去拿酒的时候我开始做晚饭 |
[16:32] | How much wine did your wife drink? | 你的妻子喝了多少葡萄酒? |
[16:35] | I’m not sure. | 我不确定 |
[16:37] | We finished, maybe, three bottles. | 我们喝了,大概,三瓶 |
[16:39] | Three bottles of wine for two people. | 两个人喝了三瓶葡萄酒 |
[16:42] | Would you say she was intoxicated? | 你是说她已经醉的一塌糊涂了? |
[16:44] | Yes. Uh, we both were. | 是的,呃,我们都很醉 |
[16:47] | But, uh… | 但,呃… |
[16:48] | it’s not like we had to drive anywhere. | 我们并不是要驾车到什么地方去 |
[16:49] | I mean, we were in the middle of a lake on a boat. | 我是说,我们都在湖中心的船上 |
[16:52] | I really didn’t think anything could happen. | 我真的不觉得有什么事情会发生 |
[16:54] | Mr. Garner, | Garner先生 |
[16:55] | you testified that at midnight you went below and left your wife alone on deck. | 你证实说在午夜你下去了并把你的 妻子单独留在了甲板上 |
[16:59] | Yes, sir, that’s correct. | 是的,先生,的确是 |
[17:02] | That… I was tired. | 那是…我很累了 |
[17:03] | Tired… | 累了… |
[17:04] | from all the alcohol you consumed? | 因为你所摄入的酒精? |
[17:07] | Well, certainly that was part of it. | 哦,当然有一部分是因为这个 |
[17:11] | And what was the rest of it? | 那其他的部分呢? |
[17:21] | I’m sorry, you said that was part of it. | 对不起,你说那只是一部分 |
[17:26] | We had an argument. | 我们有一些争论 |
[17:28] | I’m sorry, could you speak a little louder? | 对不起,你可以说的响一些吗? |
[17:29] | Did you say, | 你是否说 |
[17:30] | you and your wife had a fight? | 你和你的妻子吵架了? |
[17:32] | No. It was an argument. | 不.只是有些争论 |
[17:34] | It was like a disagreement. | 就像是意见不合 |
[17:37] | An argument. | 一场争论 |
[17:38] | You never mentioned an argument in your pre-trial deposition. | 在你之前的审判证词中你并没有提及到争论 |
[17:40] | Your Honor, I need a moment to confer with my client. | 法官阁下,我需要和我的当事人交换一下意见 |
[17:44] | Well, your client chose to testify in his own defense, Miss Romney. | 你的当事人选择证实自己的证词,Romney小姐 |
[17:47] | He can confer after court. | 他可以在庭审结束后交换意见 |
[17:49] | So, you had an argument. | 所以,你们之间有争论 |
[17:50] | Was it heated? | 是很热烈的吗? |
[17:52] | Was it violent? | 是否有暴力? |
[17:53] | No, of course not. | 不,当然没有 |
[17:54] | It was just… it was an argument. | 只是…只是一场争论 |
[17:57] | Jess was very insecure about the way she looked. | Jess看起来非常不理智 |
[18:00] | And sometimes when she drank she’d accuse me of marrying her for her money. | 有时候当她喝醉了,她就会说我 是因为钱才和她结的婚 |
[18:05] | Really? | 真的吗? |
[18:08] | Any truth to that, Mr. Garner? | 是否是真的呢,Garner先生? |
[18:09] | Did you marry her for money? | 你是否因为她的钱而和她结的婚? |
[18:10] | Objection. Irrelevant. | 抗议.这和本次审判无关 |
[18:11] | I married her because I had no choice. | 我娶她是因为我没有选择 |
[18:16] | I married her because the moment I met her I could think of nothing else. | 我娶她是因为我碰到她的那一瞬间 我不能再思考任何事情 |
[18:20] | I married her because the thought of spending a single day without her by my side… | 我娶她是因为我不能想象没有她的单身日子… |
[18:30] | And I’ll bet the money didn’t hurt. | 我打赌钱并没有受到伤害 |
[18:31] | Objection, Your Honor. | 抗议,法官阁下 |
[18:33] | Sustained. | 请继续 |
[18:36] | Yeah, “but I bet the money didn’t hurt.” I don’t like that guy. | 是啊,”但我打赌钱并没有收到伤害”我不喜欢那个家伙 |
[18:41] | Who, the D.A.? | 谁,检察官? |
[18:42] | – Yeah. – Well, he’s got to try and make a case. | – 是的 – 好吧,他只是试图立案 |
[18:45] | What are you talking about? There is no case. | 你在说什么呢?并没有什么案子 |
[18:46] | A guy goes to sleep, wakes up and his wife’s gone. | 一个家伙去睡觉,醒来发现他的妻子不见了 |
[18:49] | That’s a crime? Hell, half the world is guilty, | 那也是犯罪?该死的,那一半的世界都是有罪的 |
[18:51] | then, including my ex. | 那么,也包括我的前夫 |
[18:53] | This is a tragedy, | 这是一场悲剧 |
[18:55] | maybe a mystery, but it isn’t any crime. | 或许只是离奇案件,但不是任何犯罪 |
[18:57] | Daddy! | 爸爸! |
[18:59] | Hi. | 嗨 |
[19:00] | Hi. Whoa. | 嗨,哇哦 |
[19:03] | Daddy! | 爸爸! |
[19:04] | I’ll see you tomorrow, Joe. | 我们明天再见,Joe |
[19:05] | I got to go buy a seat cushion. | 我要去买一个座椅垫子 |
[19:06] | Okay. | 好的 |
[19:07] | Mommy said that if we all came, | 妈妈说如果我们都来的话 |
[19:09] | then we could all go out to dinner and I could choose where. | 就可以一起出去吃饭,我可以选择去哪里 |
[19:11] | Yeah? Well, if that’s what Mommy said, that’s what Mommy said. | 是吗?好吧,如果是妈妈说的,那就按妈妈说的做 |
[19:13] | Really? | 真的吗? |
[19:14] | Oh, God I love this. | 哦,上帝我爱这样 |
[19:16] | We drive in together, I’m done by 5:00, we eat together. | 我们一起开车,5:00就能搞定,我们一起吃饭 |
[19:20] | Forget everything I said this morning. | 忘了我今天早上说的话吧 |
[19:21] | I may apply to become a career juror. | 我愿意成为职业陪审员 |
[19:24] | Well, don’t fill out that application just yet. | 不要以为这个程序就此结束 |
[19:26] | You might want to give it a week or two. | 你可能要花1周或2周的时间在上面 |
[19:28] | I don’t know. If today’s any indication, | 我不知道.如果今天有什么情况的话 |
[19:31] | I don’t know if this thing’s going to go a week or two. | 我不知道这件时间会不会拖延1周或2周 |
[19:33] | Frankly, I don’t think your boss has very much to work with. | 坦白说,我觉得你的老板没有太多的事情可做 |
[19:36] | Okay, what’s it going to be, sweetie? | 好了,接下来要干什么呢,亲爱的? |
[19:38] | I want chicken fingers. | 我要吃炸鸡柳棒 |
[19:39] | Pick a chicken place! | 找一个有卖鸡的地方! |
[19:54] | My turn to choose and I choose Italian. | 轮到我选了,我选意大利菜 |
[19:56] | Italian? Okay. Where’s Mom? | 意大利菜?好的,妈妈在哪里? |
[19:59] | Where’s Mommy going? | 妈妈要去哪里? |
[20:04] | Hi. | 嗨 |
[20:40] | They hate your boss. | 他们讨厌你的老板 |
[20:43] | They think he has no case. | 他们觉得他并没有什么可以立案的 |
[20:44] | Who, the jury? | 谁,陪审团? |
[20:45] | I thought we weren’t supposed to discuss… | 我以为我们不能讨论… |
[20:47] | No, I’m not talking about the facts of the case. | 不,我并不是要讨论案子的情况 |
[20:49] | I’m just talking about your boss. | 我只是在说你的老板 |
[20:51] | Tell him to lighten up. | 告诉他放轻松吧 |
[20:54] | Or don’t. I… | 或不要告诉.我… |
[20:56] | It’s just so weird not being able to talk to you about something that | 只是真的很奇怪,我不能跟你说一些 |
[20:58] | consumes so much of my day. | 今天我所经历的事情 |
[21:00] | Well, yeah, likewise. | 是啊,我也这么觉得 |
[21:05] | Remember, if we see her, | 记住,如果我们看见她 |
[21:06] | you’re on your own– I can’t be a part of this. | 你要一个人–我不能介入其中 |
[21:08] | Understood. | 明白了 |
[21:12] | Tell me again, what’d you see exactly? | 再跟我说一下你确切看到了什么? |
[21:14] | They were in bed, they were making love. | 他们再床上,正在做爱 |
[21:15] | What do you want, details? | 你想知道什么,详细细节吗? |
[21:17] | Sure, if you’re offering. | 当然,如果你说的话 |
[21:21] | His wife’s been gone seven months. | 他的妻子已经离开7个月了 |
[21:22] | I wouldn’t be crazy to think he’s got a girlfriend. | 我不能枉自猜测他还没有女朋友 |
[21:25] | Well, that’s true, | 是的,的确是 |
[21:25] | but yesterday they went out of their way to act like they didn’t know each other. | 但昨天他们走出去的时候就像他们彼此之间不认识一样 |
[21:35] | I’ll meet you here ten minutes before the, uh, lunch recess. | 我会和你在,呃,午餐休息之前10分钟在这里碰面 |
[21:40] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[21:40] | Sure. | 没关系 |
[21:42] | Mr. Hammond, when… | Hammond先生,当… |
[21:45] | your daughter Jessica was born, | 你的女儿Jessica出生的时候 |
[21:46] | you arranged for a trust fund to protect her inheritance. | 你安排了一份信托基金来保护她的遗产 |
[21:50] | Can you tell me how much that fund is worth today? | 你能告诉我时至今日,这份基金价值多少呢? |
[21:54] | I would say approximately $42 million. | 我可以说大概有4千2百万美元 |
[21:56] | $42 million. | 4千2百万美元 |
[21:59] | And upon her death, | 在她死后 |
[22:00] | who would inherit that money? | 谁可以继承那笔钱? |
[22:02] | Her husband. | 她的丈夫 |
[22:04] | With all due respect, Mr. Hammond, doesn’t that… | 出于尊敬,Hammond先生,那有没有… |
[22:06] | give you pause? | 让你暂时延缓一下? |
[22:07] | Objection, Your Honor. | 抗议,法官阁下 |
[22:08] | The district attorney is asking for an opinion | 检察官正在请求一个在本次审判 |
[22:10] | that has no relevance to the case before this court. | 之前和本案无关的提议 |
[22:13] | Overruled. | 抗议驳回 |
[22:14] | I’ll allow it. | 我会允许的 |
[22:15] | H-Have you ever met my son-in-law, sir? | 你以前有没有见过我的女婿,先生? |
[22:19] | He came into my office 12 years ago. | 他12年前来到我的办公室 |
[22:21] | He had on a sport coat that looked like it probably cost. | 他穿了一件运动衣上装,大概价值 |
[22:24] | .. $60 and a tie that cost about ten, | ..60美元,并带了一条大概10美元的领带 |
[22:28] | and he said, “I’d like to work for you, sir. | 他说,”我想为你工作,先生 |
[22:31] | “I’d like to learn from you, sir, | “我想从你这里学到东西,先生 |
[22:32] | I’d like to learn how to make money.” And, uh, | 我想学如何来赚钱”然后,呃 |
[22:36] | I asked him the question I ask everyone who says they want to work for me. | 我问了他一个我会问所有说要为我工作的人的问题 |
[22:39] | I asked, | 我问 |
[22:41] | “What are you willing to do? | “你愿意做什么? |
[22:43] | ” And he said, “I’m willing to do anything, sir.” And he was telling the truth. | 他说,”我愿意做任何事情,先生” 他说的是实话 |
[22:48] | For the next year and a half, | 接下来的一年半中 |
[22:49] | he unstopped toilets, | 他疏通洗手间 |
[22:51] | he delivered mail, | 传递信件 |
[22:52] | he ran errands, | 跑差事 |
[22:54] | he brought everyone lunch. | 他帮每个人买午餐 |
[22:55] | He was the first one there in the morning and the last one to leave at night. | 每天都是他最早到办公室并最后一个离开的 |
[23:00] | He knew nothing about finance. | 他对金融一无所知 |
[23:02] | But after 18 months, | 但18个月后 |
[23:03] | he was teaching me things. | 他却可以教我一些东西 |
[23:07] | That’s who my son-in-law is. | 那就是我的女婿 |
[23:09] | And… | 那么… |
[23:10] | how did he come to meet your daughter? | 他是怎么碰见你的女儿的? |
[23:13] | Well, I introduced them. | 是我介绍他们认识的 |
[23:15] | Uh… | 呃… |
[23:17] | put them together anyway. | 总之把他们两个放在一起 |
[23:19] | And how did that come about? | 那是怎么撮合的呢? |
[23:21] | From time to time in my business, | 有时候在我的业务上 |
[23:22] | there are work-related functions. | 有一些和工作有关的活动 |
[23:25] | Uh, charity events, | 呃,慈善晚会 |
[23:26] | award dinners. | 授奖宴会 |
[23:28] | I was always encouraging Stephen to go, | 我总是鼓励Stephen去 |
[23:31] | but he would always decline. | 但他总是拒绝 |
[23:33] | Finally, he confessed to me that he was intimidated, | 最后,他向我承认他有很大的压力 |
[23:37] | afraid of making a fool of himself. | 怕自己做一些很愚蠢的事情 |
[23:40] | Picking up the wrong fork, | 诸如选错了餐具 |
[23:41] | drinking from the wrong glass, | 喝错了杯子 |
[23:43] | that sort of thing. | 那种事情 |
[23:45] | While a man who looks like him certainly had no shortage of women in his life, | 当一个男人被觉得在生命中缺乏女人的时候 |
[23:51] | he did let me know that none of them | 他让我知道没有人 |
[23:53] | were of a caliber he felt comfortable bringing to a work-related function. | 能让他觉得自己的才干在和工作相关的 活动中收到重视 |
[23:58] | So I suggested that perhaps he should ask Jessica to accompany him. | 所以我建议或许他应该问问Jessica是否会陪他一起去 |
[24:04] | And… | 那么… |
[24:05] | obviously, that worked out. | 很明显,奏效了 |
[24:10] | My Jessica… | 我的Jessica… |
[24:15] | …was asleep for the first 24 years of her life, | …在她24年的生命中一直熟睡着 |
[24:20] | and then she met… this man, | 当她遇到…这个男人 |
[24:22] | and… and she… | 那…那她… |
[24:31] | I was… | 我… |
[24:32] | I was hoping that she would… | 我希望她可以… |
[24:36] | have children. | 有孩子 |
[24:40] | I know they both want… | 我知道他们两个都想… |
[24:42] | desperately wanted children. | 非常想要孩子 |
[24:50] | I’m sorry. | 对不起 |
[24:53] | I’ve completely forgotten the question. | 我完全忘记了问题 |
[24:56] | The $42 million. | 4千2百万美元 |
[24:59] | Doesn’t it make you wonder? | 有没有让你担心? |
[25:02] | About what? | 担心什么? |
[25:18] | That’s her. | 那就是她 |
[25:20] | You better go now. | 你最好现在走开 |
[25:27] | I knew him in college; | 我在大学里面认识他 |
[25:28] | I haven’t talked to him since then. | 之后我都没有和他说过话 |
[25:31] | You went to school with him? | 你和他一起去学校 |
[25:33] | No. He lived in town. | 不,他住在镇上 |
[25:36] | He worked at his stepfather’s bar. | 他在他继父的酒吧工作 |
[25:38] | Anyway, he was great looking back then, too, | 不管怎样,他和以前看起来还一样 |
[25:42] | and I knew my parents wouldn’t approve, so… | 我知道我父母是不会同意的,所以… |
[25:45] | I had to have him. | 我必须和他在一起 |
[25:47] | You dated him? | 你约的他? |
[25:49] | You could call it dating. | 你可以把它叫做约会 |
[25:50] | It was more like sex and fighting. | 更象是只是性生活和战斗 |
[25:52] | So wait, I’m confused. | 所以等等,我很困惑 |
[25:54] | If you haven’t talked to him in years, | 如果你几年都没有和他说过话 |
[25:55] | why are you coming to court every day? | 那你为什么每天都来法院? |
[25:57] | Saw it in the papers. | 我是在报纸上看到的 |
[25:59] | See something like that, | 看见一些那种事情 |
[26:01] | and you know the people it happened to, | 你知道有的人有时候会 |
[26:03] | it freaks you out a little. | 会让你觉得有些怪异 |
[26:05] | And I guess I felt… | 我猜是因为我觉得… |
[26:07] | a little responsible. | 有一些责任 |
[26:08] | What do you mean? | 你是什么意思? |
[26:11] | I sort of introduced them. | 是我介绍他们认识的 |
[26:12] | Wait a second, I thought I read in the paper, | 等等,我想我在报纸上看到过 |
[26:15] | uh, that the dad introduced them, | 呃,是他父亲介绍他们认识的 |
[26:17] | that they met through work or something. | 通过工作还是什么的认识的 |
[26:19] | I read that, too. | 我也看到了 |
[26:20] | The truth is, | 事实是, |
[26:22] | we were all at the country club one night, and… | 我们有天晚上都在一家乡村俱乐部,然后… |
[26:25] | This was, like, 13 years ago, | 这大概是…13年前 |
[26:26] | way before he ever started working for her father. | 在他还没有为她父亲工作之前 |
[26:29] | Oh, God, Jess didn’t even notice Stephen. | 哦,上帝,Jess并没有注意到Stephen |
[26:31] | I mean, why would she? He was the bartender. | 我是说,为什么她会注意到 他只是个酒吧男招待 |
[26:34] | But she definitely made an impression on him. | 但他的确对她留下了印象 |
[26:37] | What do you mean? | 你是什么意思? |
[26:38] | Well, he heard she had serious money. | 他听说她很有钱 |
[26:40] | So after the party, he wanted to know everything about her. | 所以派对结束后,他想知道关于她的所有事情 |
[26:43] | What did she like to do, what kind of guys did she like. | 她喜欢做什么事情,她喜欢什么样的人 |
[26:45] | I mean, he wanted to know everything there was to know about Jessie Hammond. | 我是说,他想知道去认识Jessie Hammond的所有方法 |
[26:48] | And this was 13 years ago. | 这些都是13年前的事情 |
[26:50] | Mm-hmm. I told him he didn’t have a chance with her– | 恩-恩.我跟他说他是没有机会和她认识的– |
[26:52] | she was a real daddy’s girl. | 她真的是个父亲的乖女儿 |
[26:54] | You know, only child, | 你知道,唯一的孩子 |
[26:56] | no mom, shy. | 没有母亲,害羞的小孩 |
[26:59] | I guess he figured the key to Jess was her dad, | 我猜他知道了Jess是她父亲的关键 |
[27:01] | ’cause the next thing I knew… | 因为我知道接下来的事情就是… |
[27:03] | he was working for him. | 他为他工作了 |
[27:04] | Well, I still don’t get it– you knew the guy, | 好吧,我还是不明白–你认识这个家伙 |
[27:06] | you had a thing with the guy, | 你和这个家伙有一腿 |
[27:08] | but that was some time ago, | 但那是一些时间以前的事了 |
[27:09] | and yet here you are coming to court every day. | 但你现在却每天都到法院来 |
[27:16] | I told you, I guess I feel a little responsible. | 我跟你说过了,我猜是因为觉得有一些责任 |
[27:19] | Why? | 为什么? |
[27:22] | I don’t know, um, | 我不知道,恩 |
[27:24] | Stephen was asking me about Jessica for, | Stephen曾经问过我一些关于Jessica的事情 |
[27:25] | like, the hundredth time. | 好像有,快100次了 |
[27:26] | You know, like, did I think she really had that much money, | 你知道,就像是,我是否觉得她真的有那么多钱 |
[27:28] | that sort of thing, | 那种事情 |
[27:29] | like he’s on a mission. | 就像他有什么使命一样 |
[27:31] | And I told him to forget about it, | 我告诉他忘了这一切吧 |
[27:33] | that it was never gonna happen– | 这都是不可能发生的– |
[27:34] | I mean… | 我是说… |
[27:37] | that boy likes the bedroom. | 那个男孩就像是个卧室 |
[27:40] | I knew he was nailing me and, like, six other girls. | 我知道他应付我,就像应付其它6个女孩一样 |
[27:43] | The thought of him getting married, | 对于他结婚的想法 |
[27:45] | the thought of him being exclusive, | 对于他变得优秀的想法 |
[27:47] | I just… I didn’t think he had it in him. | 我只是…我不觉得他是真的可以 |
[27:50] | And I told him so. | 我是这么告诉他的 |
[27:53] | And I told him that if he married Jess… | 我告诉他,如果他娶了Jess… |
[27:56] | she’d care. | 她会担心的 |
[27:57] | And her dad would care more. | 她的父亲会担心的更多 |
[28:01] | Anyway, I remember Stephen looked at me, | 不管怎么说,我记得Stephen看着我 |
[28:04] | and he said… | 他说… |
[28:06] | hey, a person would just have to marry her, | 嘿,一个将要必须娶她的人 |
[28:07] | he wouldn’t necessarily have to stay married to her. | 他并不一定要一直娶她 |
[28:17] | Ask me what I know. | 问我我知道的事情 |
[28:20] | Doesn’t matter. | 不重要 |
[28:21] | You’re right, it was a plan. | 你是对的,这是个计划 |
[28:22] | He’s been working it since the early ’90s. | 他自从90年代早期就可以策划了 |
[28:24] | The guy is a classic sociopath. | 这个家伙是个典型的反社会者 |
[28:26] | Allison, it doesn’t matter. | Allison,这都不重要了 |
[28:28] | Court the father, then court her. | 向父亲献殷勤,然后向她献殷勤 |
[28:30] | Marry her, then kill her and take her money. | 娶她,然后杀了她来获取她的钱 |
[28:33] | A girl he once knew, | 一个他曾经认识的女孩 |
[28:34] | an old lover, | 一个老情人 |
[28:35] | she saw the whole thing happen. | 她看见了整件事情的发生 |
[28:37] | I believe you, Allison, but, | 我相信你,Allison,但是 |
[28:38] | honestly, it does not matter. | 说实话,这真的不重要 |
[28:41] | It does! | 重要! |
[28:41] | The jury is with him. | 陪审团都在他这边 |
[28:42] | They’re not with you. | 他们不站在你这边 |
[28:43] | This is what he’s great at– | 这就是他精通的– |
[28:45] | winning people over. | 争取人们来他这边 |
[28:46] | You have to give them some evidence. | 你必须给他们一些证据 |
[28:49] | This woman, I know, | 这个女人,我知道 |
[28:50] | Scanlon seems to think most of what she has to offer is hearsay, | Scanlon似乎觉得她所提供的绝大部分都是谣传 |
[28:53] | but I think you take it to the judge, you tell him what this woman… | 但我觉得你应该给法官了解,你告诉他这个女人… |
[28:57] | Allison. | |
[29:00] | We finished our closing arguments over an hour ago. | 我们已经在1个小时之前就结束了讨论 |
[29:02] | The case is with the jury; it’s over. | 案子交由陪审团处理,都结束了 |
[29:07] | Go home. | 回家吧 |
[29:09] | And let’s both try to get a good night’s sleep. | 让我们都试着晚上睡个好觉 |
[29:17] | Absolutely, there’s not a doubt in my mind. | 我的心里绝对没有怀疑 |
[29:22] | Even if I’m off by an hour, | 即使我迟到1个小时 |
[29:24] | I will definitely be in the office by 3:00. | 我也绝对会在3点到办公室的 |
[29:29] | No, tomorrow, I’ll be done. | 不,明天,我会搞定的 |
[29:32] | Okay, tomorrow. | 好的,明天 |
[29:36] | They can’t exist without me for three days. | 离开了我3天他们就不能存在了 |
[29:38] | I guess that’s the good news. | 我猜这是个好消息 |
[29:40] | How can you be so sure he’ll be back at the office by 3:00? | 你为什么那么确定他能在3点就回到办公室? |
[29:43] | Aren’t deliberations starting tomorrow? | 不会从明天开始再讨论吗? |
[29:46] | Darling, there’s nothing to deliberate. | 亲爱的,没有什么可以讨论的 |
[29:48] | The only suspense is how long it’s gonna take to count the hands. | 唯一的悬念是离举手表决还有多长的时间 |
[29:52] | Is that what you’ve been upset about since you got home? | 这是不是自从你回家后就很不开心的原因? |
[29:55] | Al, talk to me. | Al,跟我说说 |
[30:08] | I can’t. | 我不能 |
[30:12] | No! Please, God! | 不!求你了,上帝! |
[30:14] | No! I love you! | 不!我爱你! |
[30:17] | No! Please, don’t! | |
[30:20] | Please! Oh, my God! | 不!求你了,不要! 求你了!哦,上帝! |
[30:22] | I love you! Please! | 我爱你,求你了! |
[30:41] | Hey… you okay? | 嘿…你还好吗? |
[30:44] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[30:46] | Oh, yeah, I’m okay, | 哦,是的,我很好 |
[30:47] | – I’m fine. – You sure? | – 我很好 – 你肯定? |
[30:53] | Oh, I don’t know, | 哦,我不知道 |
[30:54] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[30:56] | Don’t ask me; | 不要问我 |
[30:57] | I can’t tell you. | 我不能告诉你 |
[30:58] | I can’t talk about it. | 我不能说这个 |
[30:59] | What do you mean? | 你是什么意思? |
[31:00] | What is there not to talk about? | 有什么不能说的吗? |
[31:07] | Oh. | 哦 |
[31:16] | It’s okay. | 没事了 |
[31:19] | Really, I’m okay. | 真的,我没事 |
[31:21] | Just go back to sleep. | 继续睡觉吧 |
[31:30] | Hey, whatcha doing? | 嘿,你在干什么? |
[31:33] | Waiting for you to wake up. | 等你醒来 |
[31:35] | Come on, go back to sleep. | 来吧,继续睡觉吧 |
[31:37] | I need you to tell me. | 我要你告诉我 |
[31:40] | Tell you what? | 告诉你什么? |
[31:43] | You’re dreaming. | 你做梦了 |
[31:45] | Every night. | 每天晚上 |
[31:50] | If this case were as simple as the one that’s being presented in that courtroom, | 如果这个案子就和在法庭上所呈现的那么简单 |
[31:53] | there’d be nothing for you to dream about. | 你应该不会梦见什么的 |
[32:00] | So? | 所以? |
[32:01] | So I want to know what you’re seeing. | 所以我想知道你看见了什么 |
[32:04] | I want to know what you know. | 我想知道你知道些什么 |
[32:07] | I can’t tell you what I know. | 我不能告诉你我知道的 |
[32:10] | I wish I could. | 我希望我可以 |
[32:12] | I wish it would make a difference, but… | 我希望会有一些不同,但… |
[32:17] | it just doesn’t. | 就是不能 |
[32:20] | I know you all have lives and other things to do, | 我知道你们都有自己的生活和其它事情要做 |
[32:21] | so as your newly elected foreman, | 所以作为被你们选出的陪审团主席 |
[32:23] | I’d like to get the ball rolling. | 我希望让地球继续转动 |
[32:25] | I’d also like to, uh, | 我还希望,呃 |
[32:26] | take a test vote just to see where we stand. | 做一个测试表决看我们到底支持哪方 |
[32:30] | Remember, there’s only one charge here: | 记住,这里只有一项控诉 |
[32:33] | guilty or not guilty due to criminally negligent homicide. | 对于刑法疏忽杀人罪的有罪或无罪 |
[32:39] | So can I see some hands? | 那么我可以看见一些手吗? |
[32:41] | Not guilty. | 无罪 |
[32:48] | Uh, Mr. Dubois, | 呃,Dubois先生 |
[32:50] | I said “not guilty.” | 我说了”无罪” |
[32:52] | That means, you know, | 那就表示,你知道 |
[32:53] | he didn’t do it. | 他没有做过 |
[32:54] | Yes, I understood the question. | 是的,我理解这个问题 |
[32:57] | Easy, everyone. | 很简单,大家 |
[32:58] | The man is entitled to his opinion. | 这个男人有权利坚持他的意见 |
[33:00] | Yeah, well, I think the man wasn’t in the same courtroom as everyone else. | 是的,好吧,我觉得这个人和我们其它人 都不处于同一个审判室 |
[33:04] | Are you telling me that you really think that this guy did something wrong? | 你是否要告诉我你觉得这个家伙真的做错事了? |
[33:07] | No, I just… I… | 不,我只是…我… |
[33:09] | I think we have a job to do, | 我觉得我们有这么一个工作 |
[33:10] | and we have to do it carefully, | 我们必须非常仔细的来做 |
[33:12] | that’s all. | 就这样 |
[33:13] | Then I’d like to see your hand. | 那么我希望能看见你的手 |
[33:15] | We’re here to vote. | 我们正在这里表决 |
[33:15] | That is your job. | 那是你的工作 |
[33:17] | No, it isn’t, Mack. | 不,不是,老兄 |
[33:19] | I’m here to examine the evidence, | 我在这里检查证据 |
[33:21] | deliberate, make a decision. | 和大家商讨,作出决定 |
[33:23] | My job’s to do all those things. | 我的工作是做这些所有事情 |
[33:24] | Examine the evidence? | 检查证据? |
[33:26] | What evidence? | 什么证据? |
[33:27] | Can you show me a scrap of evidence that tells me that this guy did anything– | 你能不能给我看一小片能告诉我 这个家伙的确做了某些– |
[33:31] | anything– | 某些– |
[33:32] | to hurt his wife? | 伤害了他妻子的证据? |
[33:33] | No, I can’t. Not now. | 不,我不能.不是现在 |
[33:35] | Maybe never. | 或许永远也不能 |
[33:36] | But his wife is dead, and he is staring at a potful of money. | 但他的妻子死了,而他正盯着一大笔钱 |
[33:39] | And I just know that I’d feel a lot more comfortable telling this guy he’s | 我只知道如果我花了一些时间来仔细检查 |
[33:42] | free to walk if I knew that I’d spent a little bit of time just going over | 所有我听见的关于这个案子的情况 |
[33:47] | everything that I’d heard just in case there’s something, | 一些我们或许错过的情况 |
[33:51] | something that we might’ve missed. | 我会很高兴的告诉那个家伙他可以自由地走了 |
[33:54] | You know, I wouldn’t mind a quick review of everything just to be sure. | 你知道,我不介意快速回顾一下所有已经确认的事情 |
[33:58] | A quick review of everything, huh? | 快速回顾一下所有的事情,恩? |
[34:01] | Okay, so, Stephen Garner said that he and his wife Jessica left their home… | 好的,所以,Stephen Garner说他和他的妻子Jessica离开家是… |
[34:06] | 9:00 p.m. to drive up to Lake Prescott. | 下午9:00,然后开往普雷斯科特湖 |
[34:36] | No word yet. | 还没有结果 |
[34:38] | Excuse me? | 对不起? |
[34:39] | The jury– they’re still deliberating. | 陪审团–他们还在讨论 |
[34:42] | Who knows? Maybe we do have a chance. | 谁知道呢?或许我们真的有机会 |
[34:46] | I’m sorry. Was there something else? | 对不起,有什么其它事情吗? |
[34:48] | This box. | 这个盒子 |
[34:49] | Yeah, it’s the case file: | 是的,这是案子的文件: |
[34:50] | Phoenix, Arizona vs. Stephen Garner. | 菲尼克斯城,亚利桑那州对阵Stephen Garner |
[34:53] | Care to take a look? Can’t do any harm now. | 介意看一下吗?现在不会有什么害处了 |
[34:56] | Yeah, I-I wouldn’t mind. | 是的,我-我不介意 |
[34:58] | Go ahead. | 去吧 |
[34:59] | Have a party. | 过得愉快 |
[36:02] | I need to speak with you. | 我需要和你谈一下 |
[36:03] | Speak. | 说吧 |
[36:04] | I think I know where she is– her body, I mean. | 我想我知道她在哪里了–她的尸体,我是说 |
[36:06] | He killed her in the woods– a place called the Mazatzal Mountains. | 他是在森林里杀了她的–一个名为Mazatzal Mountains的森林 |
[36:09] | The reason you couldn’t find her in the lake is she never got on that boat. | 你不能在湖底找到她的原因是因为她从来没有登上过船 |
[36:13] | Say something. | 说话呀 |
[36:15] | The jury’s back. | 陪审团回来了 |
[36:22] | In the matter of the State vs. | 在这次州和 |
[36:23] | Stephen Garneron the charge of criminally negligent homicide, how do you find? | Stephen Garneron的关于刑法疏忽杀人罪的 控诉中,你们有什么决议? |
[36:31] | We find the defendant… | 我们觉得被告… |
[36:33] | not guilty. | 是无罪的 |
[36:38] | So say you all, Mr. Foreman? | 所以是你们大家的意见,Foreman先生? |
[36:40] | So say we all. | 是我们大家的 |
[36:56] | And if you do this a hundred times every night, | 如果你每天晚上做这个一百遍 |
[36:59] | your hair will never tangle and it will always shine. | 你的头发就会不再乱糟糟的并且永远充满光泽 |
[37:02] | A whole hundred? | 整整一百遍 |
[37:04] | A whole hundred. | 整整一百遍 |
[37:06] | Will it shine like yours? | 就像你一样亮? |
[37:08] | Uh-huh. | 恩-恩 |
[37:09] | Cool… | 酷… |
[37:15] | Come on, girls. | 来吧,孩子们 |
[37:17] | It’s already ten minutes past your bedtime. | 距你们上床的时间已经过了10分钟了 |
[37:22] | Hello? | 哈罗? |
[37:23] | Want to hear something funny? | 想听一些有意思的事情吗? |
[37:25] | I’ve been doing some checking. | 我做了一些检查 |
[37:26] | The Hammond family has a hunting lodge in the mountains. | Hammond家族在山上有一个打猎用的小屋 |
[37:28] | It’s been in the family for 50 years. | 已经有50年的历史了 |
[37:31] | Guess what town it’s in? | 猜猜是在那个镇里? |
[37:32] | Mazatzal. | |
[37:34] | I’m going to take a drive out there tomorrow, | 我准备明天开车去那里 |
[37:35] | take a look around. | 看一下 |
[37:36] | Don’t know what I’ll do if I find anything. | 如果我发现什么东西,不知道我会怎么做 |
[37:38] | It’s never easy to charge a man a second time around for something he’s | 要对一个人做第二次控诉可不是简单的事情,特别是 |
[37:42] | already been acquitted of, | 那些他已经宣告无罪的事情 |
[37:43] | but I guess I’ll cross that bridge when I come to it… | 但我猜如果我找到的话,我会越过这座桥 |
[37:46] | if I come to it. | 如果我找到的话 |
[37:52] | What do you think he’s thinking right now? | 你觉得他现在在想什么? |
[37:55] | He’s gloating. | 他正在沾沾自喜 |
[37:58] | He’s thinking about everything he did, | 他在想他做过的每件事情 |
[38:00] | everything he was willing to do. | 每件他愿意做的事情 |
[38:02] | He’s thinking about… | 他在想… |
[38:04] | how smart he is… | 他是多么的聪明… |
[38:06] | how dumb we are. | 我们是多么的无能为力 |
[38:09] | And he’s hoping with all his might… | 他倾其所有希望… |
[38:13] | that there really is no hell. | 不会有什么该死的事情发生 |
[38:23] | No! No! God, no! | 不!不!上帝,不! |
[38:25] | Please, don’t! No! | 求你了,不要!不! |
[38:29] | God, please, no! | 上帝,求你了,不! |
[38:31] | No! Don’t! | 不!不要! |
[38:33] | No! | 不! |
[38:55] | Did you get your warrant? | 你得到你的许可证了吗? |
[38:57] | It’s all public conservation land. | 这里都是公共区域 |
[38:58] | The Hammonds donated it. | 是Hammonds捐赠的地方 |
[39:00] | What’s that? | 那是什么? |
[39:02] | Deer carcasses. | 鹿的尸体 |
[39:03] | They’re buried all up and down these woods. | 它们到处被埋葬在这片森林下面 |
[39:05] | Makes it hard going. | 让工作很难进行 |
[39:06] | The dogs are getting confused. | 狗都变的很困惑 |
[39:09] | You think he wants his land back? | 你觉得他是想把土地弄回来吗? |
[39:10] | What in the hell is going on here? | 这里到底发生了什么事情? |
[39:11] | Mr. Hammond… | Hammond先生… |
[39:12] | What are you doing? | 你们在做什么? |
[39:13] | My son-in-law was acquitted yesterday. | 我的女婿昨天已经无罪释放了 |
[39:15] | Sir, we’re only attempting to follow up on every lead… | 先生,我们只是在试图追究每个细节 |
[39:17] | Why do you feel the need to continue this obsession, | 为什么你们觉得有必要继续这个困扰呢? |
[39:19] | this harassment? | 这种折磨呢? |
[39:20] | My daughter fell out of a boat, not… | 我的女儿摔出了船外,不是… |
[39:22] | – Please, Mr. Hammond… – Detective! | – 谢谢,Hammond先生… – 探员! |
[39:27] | Excuse me. | 对不起 |
[39:34] | We got something. | 我们找到了一些东西 |
[39:39] | What is it? | 这是什么? |
[39:46] | Oh, crap. | 哦,该死的 |
[39:59] | That’s Jessie’s ring. | 那是Jessie的戒指 |
[40:01] | Mr. Hammond, we should go inside and let the officers work… | Hammond先生,我们应该进去留这些警官继续工作… |
[40:05] | Oh, this bag’s full of body parts. | 哦,这个包里面都是尸体碎块 |
[40:09] | Mr. Hammond… | Hammond先生… |
[40:13] | One, two, three, four, | 一,二,三,四 |
[40:15] | I declare a thumb war. | 我向你的拇指宣战 |
[40:17] | I win! I’m the champion of the world! | 我赢了!我是世界冠军! |
[40:20] | Ha, ha, you lose. | 哈,哈,你输了 |
[40:21] | I’m the co-champion of the world! | 我是联合世界冠军! |
[40:25] | All right, world champions! | 好吧,世界冠军! |
[40:27] | Daddy, are we all driving all together tomorrow? | 爸爸,我们明天还是一起开车吗? |
[40:31] | No, not tomorrow, sweetie. Jury duty’s over. | 不,明天不行,亲爱的,陪审团的工作结束了 |
[40:37] | So did you send somebody to jail, | 那么你是否把某人送进了监狱 |
[40:40] | or did they not do it? | 或是他们没有? |
[40:43] | I’ll get that. | 我去接电话 |
[40:46] | Uh, well, he did do it… | 呃,好吧,他的确是做了… |
[40:48] | but no, he’s not going to jail. Not yet. | 但不,他不会去坐牢,还不会 |
[40:51] | But that doesn’t make sense. | 但这并不代表什么 |
[40:53] | It’s complicated, sweetie. | 这个比较复杂,亲爱的 |
[40:54] | It’s too complicated for 9:00. | 对于晚上9:00来说实在太负责了 |
[40:57] | Now, everybody sleep. | 现在,每个人都睡觉吧 |
[40:59] | Night, Daddy. | 晚安,爸爸 |
[41:00] | Night, Daddy. | 晚安,爸爸 |
[41:09] | What? What’s going on? | 怎么了?发生什么事情了? |
[41:16] | I guess a couple hours ago, | 我猜几个小时之前 |
[41:18] | the father, Mr. Hammond, | 那个父亲,Hammond先生 |
[41:19] | went into Devalos’ office and… turned himself in. | 跑到Devalos的办公室…自首了 |
[41:25] | What? What are you talking about? Turned himself in for what? | 什么?你在说什么?他要自首什么? |
[41:31] | Apparently, he drove his son-in-law Stephen up to the woods. | 很明显,他开车带他的女婿到了森林 |
[41:37] | He gave him a three-minute head start, | 他给了他三分钟的时间 |
[41:39] | then hunted him down… | 然后把他弄倒… |
[41:41] | and shot him. | 向他开了枪 |
[41:45] | He shot him 23 times. | 他射了他23枪 |
[41:59] | But I’m the champion! | 但我是冠军! |
[42:00] | I beat Daddy! | 我打败了爸爸! |
[42:02] | We’re co-champions, stupid. | 我们是联合冠军,笨蛋 |
[42:03] | That means we’re both champions. | 那就表示我们都是冠军 |
[42:05] | I’ll get it. | 我去处理 |
[42:06] | No, no… | 不,不… |
[42:06] | Nuh-uh. | 恩-恩. |
[42:09] | Nuh-uh. | 恩-恩. |
[42:09] | Hey, girls! Come on, it’s time for bed. | 嘿,孩子们!拜托,现在是睡觉时间 |
[42:11] | I beat Daddy… | 我打败了爸爸… |