时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:00] | Hello. I’m Rod Serling, | 大家好,我是Rod Serling |
[00:02] | speaking to you this evening from somewhere just beyond the Twilight Zone. | 今晚正在城市贫穷地区不远处和你说话 |
[00:06] | Submitted for your approval or at least your analysis: | 请递上您的观点或至少是您的分析: |
[00:09] | the strange case of you, the viewing audience. | 您的奇异案件,收视观众们 |
[00:12] | The bizarre events in this evening’s episode of Medium | 今晚这段灵媒故事中的奇异事件 |
[00:15] | cannot be confined to two dimensions. | 不能局限于二维视觉中 |
[00:18] | Certain sequences of the story demand to be presented in 3D, | 确定故事的顺序是以3D的形式展示出来的 |
[00:22] | so keep your glasses close at hand, | 所以把您的眼镜拿在手上 |
[00:24] | seat yourself approximately six to eight feet from your screen, | 离您的屏幕保持6或8英尺 |
[00:28] | and whenever you see the logo in the corner– | 在您看见角落上的标识时– |
[00:31] | that’s it right there– put your glasses on. | 就是在那里的 — 戴上你的眼镜 |
[00:34] | If you don’t have them, don’t worry. | 如果你没有眼镜,不要着急 |
[00:36] | You can still enjoy the episode. | 你还是可以欣赏这段故事 |
[00:38] | And now hold on. | 现在请继续欣赏 |
[00:39] | Our next stop, the Medium Zone. | 我们接下来的,灵媒地带 |
[00:43] | I’m not really an art person, | 我不是一个真正的艺术家 |
[00:44] | but ever since I was little girl, | 但当我还是个小女孩的时候 |
[00:46] | when I look at a work of art, | 当我看着一幅艺术作品 |
[00:47] | I sense things about the person who made it. | 我能感觉到创作了这幅作品的人的一些事情 |
[00:50] | I think it might be because really gifted people can’t help but leave a | 我觉得或许是因为真正的天才不能得到别人的理解 |
[00:53] | piece of their souls on the canvas. | 只能把他们的一部分灵魂放在了画布中 |
[00:56] | Ever wonder why the Mona Lisa is smiling or what’s bothering Whistler’s mother? | 曾经想知道为什么蒙娜丽莎会在微笑 到底是什么困扰着卫斯理的妈妈? |
[01:02] | I really believe if I were ever able to get to Paris | 我真的相信如果我能够去巴黎 |
[01:04] | and look at the original paintings, | 亲眼看一下原作 |
[01:06] | I might be able to tell you. | 我或许就能够告诉你 |
[01:08] | Like this guy here. | 就像这里的这个家伙 |
[01:10] | Look at his face. | 看他的脸 |
[01:12] | What do you see? | 你看见了什么? |
[01:13] | An artistic genius or a jilted lover? | 一个艺术天才还是一个被情人抛弃的男人? |
[01:16] | Creative fulfillment or massive self-loathing? | 对于创作的满足还是浓重的自卑? |
[01:19] | Simple exhaustion or overwhelming depression? | 单纯的疲惫还是无可抵抗的消沉? |
[02:23] | Vincent Van Gogh fell in love twice in his life, | 文森特・凡高在他生命中有过两次恋爱 |
[02:26] | but was spurned by both women. | 但都是被女人所抛弃 |
[02:28] | He ended up spending most of his short adult life in and out of mental institutions, | 他结束了对他短暂的成年生命的消耗 脱离精神世界 |
[02:33] | until at the age of 36, | 直到36岁 |
[02:35] | after a ten-year frenzy of painting, | 疯狂地画了10年画后 |
[02:38] | he decided to end it all. | 他决定结束一切 |
[03:00] | Van Gogh committed suicide at the height of his artistic powers. | 凡高在他艺术巅峰之时自杀 |
[03:04] | Tragically, he sold but one canvas during his entire life. | 悲惨的是,他在一生中只卖出去了一幅画 |
[03:08] | If you like vital programs like the one you just saw, | 如果你喜欢刚才看过的生命节目 |
[03:10] | we urge you to give and give generously. | 我们怂恿您尽可能地捐赠 |
[03:59] | Oliver Wendell Holmes was appointed to the Supreme Court by President | Oliver Wendell Holmes在1902年被西奥多罗斯福总统 |
[04:02] | Theodore Roosevelt in 1902. | 指派为最高法院的法官 |
[04:05] | He is one of the most important justices in American history | 他是美国历史上最重要的法官之一 |
[04:08] | – and is sometimes called “The Great Dissenter” – What does that mean? | – 有时候被称为”伟大的异议者” – 那是什么意思? |
[04:13] | He was called that because he disagreed so often with the other judges. | 别人那么叫他是因为他经常和其它的法官持不同意见 |
[04:17] | His important cases were… | 他的重要案子是… |
[04:19] | But I don’t understand. | 但我不明白 |
[04:20] | I thought that disagreements were bad. | 我认为意见不同都是不好的 |
[04:24] | Mom… | 妈妈… |
[04:25] | Bridgette, Ariel’s practicing. | Bridgette, Ariel正在学习呢 |
[04:27] | Why don’t we listen to what she has to say and we’ll ask questions afterwards? | 我们为什么不先听完她必须说的再提出问题呢? |
[04:31] | I was listening. | 我正在听 |
[04:32] | Ooh, look at you. | 哦,看看你 |
[04:34] | Wow, Daddy, you sure look nice. | 哇哦,爸爸,你看起来非常好 |
[04:37] | Did you hear the first part? | 你听见开始的部分了吗? |
[04:38] | I was riveted, and it’s the fifth time I’ve heard it. | 我已经结婚了,这是我第15次听到这个 |
[04:41] | Now hang on one sec, | 现在等一下 |
[04:43] | and I’m coming over to hear the thrilling conclusion. | 我马上过来听这个可怕的结论 |
[04:46] | You’re kidding, right? | 你在开玩笑,是不是? |
[04:48] | Well, it’s the law of probabilities. | 事件的规律如此 |
[04:50] | Every time you wear a tie, | 每次你戴了一条领带 |
[04:51] | it goes into your coffee or your coffee gets on it. | 不是它到你的咖啡里面去就是你的咖啡沾到它上面 |
[04:54] | Come on, this is your one tie. | 拜托,这是你唯一一条领带 |
[04:56] | Your boss asked you out to lunch. | 你的老板请你出去吃午饭 |
[04:58] | Thought you might want to keep it clean. | 我想你或许希望保持它的干净 |
[05:00] | I do want to keep it clean, | 我确实想保持它的干净 |
[05:01] | but if I put this thing under my chin and anyone sees it, | 但如果我把这个东西放在我的下巴下面 而让别人看见的话 |
[05:03] | they’re going to take away my “man” card, | 他们会把我的”男人”证件拿走的 |
[05:05] | and we don’t want that. | 而我们不想那样 |
[05:07] | Ah, suit yourself. | 阿,自己注意吧 |
[05:10] | Hello, ladies. | 你们好,女士们 |
[05:13] | Now, you were saying…? | 现在,你们正在说…? |
[05:15] | Daddy. | 爸爸 |
[05:17] | You still look nice, Daddy. | 你看起来还是很不错,爸爸 |
[05:26] | Okay… | 好吧… |
[05:28] | See what I can do. | 看看我能做什么 |
[05:34] | Ariel, finish making the lunches! | Ariel,快点吃完你的饭! |
[05:35] | And, Bridgette, honey, brush your teeth! | Bridgette,亲爱的,去刷牙! |
[05:39] | Don’t waste your time. | 不要浪费你的时间 |
[05:40] | That one’s had it. | 那是某人的 |
[05:43] | You can’t do that. | 你不能这么做 |
[05:45] | Yeah, that’s one of the best parts of being dead. | 是啊,那是死后的好处之一 |
[05:48] | Yeah, you just wait till it’s your turn. You’ll see. | 你只是在等直到轮到你.你会看见的 |
[05:50] | What are you doing here? | 你在这里做什么? |
[05:52] | I’m just visiting my only son and his only wife. | 我只是来看看我唯一的儿子和他唯一的妻子 |
[05:56] | Go figure. | 继续说 |
[05:58] | Boy’s pushing 40, and every time he dresses up, | 男孩们到了40岁,每次当他盛装打扮时 |
[06:00] | he still fidgets like he’s… | 他还是毛毛躁躁地就像他… |
[06:02] | he’s going out to have his class picture taken. | 他准备出去拿他的班级集体照片一样 |
[06:07] | Forget it, forget it. Just… | 算了,算了.只要… |
[06:10] | get him the one that’s in your bottom drawer that you’re saving for Christmas. | 给他那条在你抽屉最下面,你给圣诞节准备的领带吧 |
[06:13] | What? | 什么? |
[06:16] | What do you want? | 你想要干嘛? |
[06:17] | Just concerned about my boy. | 只是关心一下我的儿子 |
[06:20] | Now, we both know that he can’t make grown-up decisions. | 现在,我们都知道他不能作出成熟的决定 |
[06:23] | No, I’m sorry. I don’t know that. | 不,对不起.我可不知道 |
[06:25] | Please… | 拜托… |
[06:27] | What? What is your problem? | 什么?你是怎么了? |
[06:29] | You had no time for this man when you were alive. | 你还活着的时候你不关心这个男人 |
[06:31] | Now you’re dead you think you can just | 现在你死了,你觉得你可以随时突然跳进来 |
[06:32] | pop in whenever the hell you want and offer some fatherly advice?! | 提供一些父亲的建议?! |
[06:36] | Leave us alone! | 离我们远一点! |
[06:37] | This is my bathroom! | 这是我的洗手间! |
[06:38] | I’d like a little privacy! | 我希望有一些隐私! |
[06:39] | I’d like to be able to use the toilet, if you don’t mind! | 我希望可以使用洗手间,如果你不介意的话! |
[06:43] | Hey… | 嘿… |
[06:44] | no problem. | 没问题 |
[06:45] | I’ll tell him to call back. | 我会告诉他让他再打过来的 |
[06:48] | Tell who to call back? | 告诉谁再打过来? |
[06:49] | Detective Scanlon. | Scanlon探员 |
[06:51] | Any luck with that? | 那个还有救吗? |
[06:53] | No. In my bottom drawer, there’s a new one in a Christmas box. | 不.在我抽屉底部,在圣诞礼物盒子 里面有一条新的领带 |
[06:57] | Really? | 真的吗? |
[06:59] | Wait, wait, wait, wait, give me the phone. | 等,等,等,等,把电话给我 |
[07:01] | Thanks. Hello? | 谢谢.哈罗? |
[07:29] | Oh, my God. | 哦,上帝 |
[07:31] | Who was it? | 是谁? |
[07:32] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[07:34] | They haven’t found a body yet. | 他们还没有发现一具尸体 |
[07:42] | Doesn’t look like you’d have to look very far. | 看起来你们必须往很远的地方去找了 |
[07:45] | We’ve been all over the park. | 我们已经搜查了整个公园 |
[07:46] | Nothing. | 什么也没有 |
[07:49] | So far, all I’ve got is what looks like a couple of quarts of type O-positive | 到目前为止,我所知道的是看起来 像是几品脱的0型血 |
[07:53] | and a vagrant who claims he heard a man | 还有一个流浪汉声称他昨天晚上 |
[07:54] | and a woman arguing in here sometime last night. | 某个时候听见一个男人和一个女人在这里争吵 |
[07:57] | I called the morgue. | 我打电话给停尸间 |
[07:59] | No John or Jane Does were brought in. | 没有什么John或Jane被送进来 |
[08:00] | Same deal with the hospitals. | 医院也是一样 |
[08:08] | You okay? | 你还好吗? |
[08:10] | Yeah, yeah, I’m fine. | 是的,是的,我很好 |
[08:11] | Does “Jack’s Gal” mean anything? | “杰克的女孩”有什么意思吗? |
[08:14] | Hope you brought your appetite. | 希望你的食欲不错 |
[08:16] | Absolutely. It travels with me wherever I go. | 当然.我随便到什么地方都不错 |
[08:20] | So, I’m guessing you know this by heart. | 那么,我猜你对这里已经了如指掌了 |
[08:22] | Afraid so. Probably eaten here at least twice a week for the last eight years. | 恐怕是的.在过去八年中或许每周至少在这里吃两次 |
[08:26] | So what do you recommend? What’s good? | 那么你有什么好推荐的?什么比较好吃? |
[08:29] | Me? I recommend change. | 我?我建议改变 |
[08:30] | I recommend that nobody eat in the same place twice a week for eight years. | 我建议不要有人八年都在通一个地方每周吃两次 |
[08:33] | It dulls the palate and mutes the soul. | 这会使味觉迟钝,精力下降 |
[08:41] | I’m leaving Aerodytech, Joe. | 我要离开Aerodytech了,Joe |
[08:42] | I’m giving my notice at the end of the day. | 我会在最后一天给大家通知的 |
[08:47] | Okay. | 好的 |
[08:51] | Well, congratulations, I guess. | 好吧,祝贺你,我想 |
[08:54] | Our loss is somebody else’s gain. | 我们的损失使别人的收获 |
[08:58] | So who poached you? | 是谁把你挖走的? |
[08:59] | Was it Grumman? Boeing? | 是Grumman?还是Boeing? |
[09:01] | Nobody poached me. | 没有人挖我 |
[09:02] | I’m starting my own company. | 我开了我自己的公司 |
[09:05] | And the reason I asked you to lunch is, | 而我叫你出来吃午饭的原因是 |
[09:07] | well… I need a partner. | 嗯…我需要一个合伙人 |
[09:10] | I’ve got the financing, | 我已经筹到了资金 |
[09:11] | but I need a sounding board, | 但我需要一个宣传媒介 |
[09:12] | a confidante, | 一个知己 |
[09:13] | not to mention a gifted engineer. | 并不是说一个天才工程师 |
[09:18] | Close your mouth, Joe. | 把你的嘴闭上,Joe |
[09:19] | You’ll draw flies. | 你会把苍蝇招进来的 |
[09:21] | What do you do if someone knocks on the door? | 如果有人敲门怎么办? |
[09:23] | I don’t open it. | 我不会去开的 |
[09:24] | What do you do if you smell smoke? | 如果你闻到有烟怎么办? |
[09:26] | I dial 911. | 我会拨打911 |
[09:28] | And what do you do if I want to watch something and you don’t? | 那如果我想看什么而你不想怎么办? |
[09:32] | I want a regular babysitter. | 我要一个正规的保姆 |
[09:36] | We don’t need a regular babysitter. | 我们不需要一个正规的保姆 |
[09:38] | I’m old enough to babysit, | 我已经足够可以当个保姆了 |
[09:39] | and besides, it’s an emergency. | 此外,这可是个紧急事件 |
[09:41] | Right, Mom? | 是吧,妈妈? |
[09:42] | Bridgette, honey, | Bridgette,亲爱的 |
[09:43] | Daddy called at the last minute. | 爸爸最后一刻才打电话过来 |
[09:44] | He wants me to meet him for dinner downtown. | 他要我和他一起去镇上吃晚饭 |
[09:46] | There’s something very important he wants to talk about. | 他想跟我谈一件非常重要的事情 |
[09:49] | I don’t care! She’s going to be mean to me! | 我不关心!她会对我不怀好意的! |
[09:52] | She’s not going to be mean to you. She’s your sister. | 她不会对你不怀好意的 她是你的姐姐 |
[09:54] | Now come on. | 好了,就这样 |
[09:56] | Mom! | 妈妈! |
[09:57] | Okay, come on, everybody out. I’m going to be late. | 好了,拜托,每个人都出去,我要迟到了 |
[09:59] | Let’s go. | 走吧 |
[09:59] | Come on, out. Out, out, out, out. Go. | 拜托,出去.出去,出去,出去.走 |
[10:03] | He says he’s got to know in three days. | 他说他会在叁天之内知道 |
[10:05] | Something about the financing. | 一些资金方面的事情 |
[10:07] | Well, what do you think? | 你怎么想? |
[10:09] | What do I think? | 我怎么想? |
[10:10] | I think it’s scary and flattering, | 我觉得有些恐怖还有些开心 |
[10:13] | and scary and flattering, | 恐怖并且开心 |
[10:14] | and scary and… | 恐怖并且… |
[10:16] | The guy’s the best combination of businessman and engineer I’ve ever met. | 这个家伙是我所遇见过的最好的生意人和工程师的结合 |
[10:20] | I keep thinking about all these magazine articles I’ve read about Wozniak | 我一直在想我读过的关于Wozniak和Jobs在一起(苹果创始人) |
[10:23] | and Jobs getting together, about… | 的所有在杂志上的文章,还有… |
[10:27] | Bill Gates and Paul Allen. | 比尔盖茨和保罗艾伦(微软创始人) |
[10:28] | I keep wondering if this is the beginning of something like that. | 我一直在想这次机会是不是会和他们那种一样 |
[10:32] | And then I keep thinking about the… | 然后我一直在想关于… |
[10:35] | the company health plan, | 公司的成长计划 |
[10:37] | and my great parking space, | 我的不错的停车位 |
[10:39] | and the company Christmas party– | 还有公司的圣诞晚会– |
[10:41] | the stupid stuff I’ve come to depend on. | 还有我将来会依靠的那帮愚蠢的员工 |
[10:46] | Hey. | 嘿 |
[10:47] | No fair. Where’d you go? | 不公平,你在看哪里? |
[10:49] | What does that say? | 那说了什么? |
[10:51] | What’s what say? | 什么说了什么? |
[11:10] | Jason Morrow. | |
[11:13] | Okay, tree with stuff hanging from it. | 不错,树和挂在上面的东西 |
[11:17] | Nice. | 不错 |
[11:18] | I kind of like this one. | 我比较喜欢这个 |
[11:19] | I wonder who she is. | 我很好奇她是谁 |
[11:22] | She’s so beautiful and her eyes are so sad. | 她是那么漂亮而她的眼睛却那么悲伤 |
[11:28] | Her eyes? | 她的眼睛? |
[11:36] | Are you okay? | 你还好吧? |
[11:38] | Yeah… I’m fine. | 是的…我很好 |
[11:39] | Sorry. | 对不起 |
[11:42] | It just looked like… | 只是看起来…… |
[11:45] | Never mind. | 没关系 |
[11:46] | You sure? | 你肯定? |
[11:48] | What time did you tell the kids? | 你告诉孩子们是什么时候? |
[13:18] | Allison… | |
[13:21] | Allison. | |
[13:23] | Allison. | |
[13:40] | Quite a set of lungs on that one. | 相当不错的照顾技巧 |
[13:43] | Must take after her mother. | 一定是学她的妈妈的 |
[13:44] | Do you mind? | 你介意吗? |
[13:46] | Me? I’m dead. I don’t mind much of anything anymore. | 我?我已经死了.我不会再介意什么太多的事情 |
[13:49] | Well, I do, so I’d appreciate it if you’d just go away. | 我介意.所以我希望你最好就走开 |
[13:53] | I can’t go away, | 我不能走开 |
[13:54] | Allie dear. | 亲爱的Allie |
[13:55] | Not until I’ve… | 直到我… |
[13:56] | I’ve said my piece. | 我说了我的意见 |
[13:57] | About what? | 关于什么? |
[13:59] | My son– | 我儿子– |
[14:00] | the entrepreneur. | 那个企业家 |
[14:02] | Oh… you know about that, huh? | 哦…你知道那个,是吗? |
[14:05] | I know everything. | 我知道所有的事情 |
[14:06] | That’s one of the perks of my current condition. | 那也是对我当前状况的一种弥补 |
[14:10] | Now, look, far be it from me to stand in the way of my son’s dream. | 看,我绝对不会阻碍我儿子的梦想 |
[14:14] | But trust me when I say that this new business venture | 但相信我,我说这个新的商业冒险 |
[14:17] | is not the right way for him to go. | 不是他要走的正确的路 |
[14:19] | And why would I do that? | 我为什么要那么做? |
[14:21] | Trust you, I mean. | 我是说,相信你 |
[14:23] | What the hell’s that supposed to mean? | 你为什么要那么说? |
[14:24] | It means you never once supported any of Joe’s decisions. | 意思是说你从来没有支持过Joe的任何决定 |
[14:28] | Even when you were alive. | 即使在你还活着的时候 |
[14:30] | I let him marry you, didn’t I? | 我让他娶了你,不是吗? |
[14:33] | Fine, be that way. | 好吧,那就这样 |
[14:35] | Just make sure that Joe knows that Versailles’s running on fumes. | 就只要确保Joe知道那个凡尔赛没有油了 |
[14:41] | What? | 什么? |
[14:43] | Just tell him that. | 就只要告诉他那个 |
[14:43] | Versailles’s running on fumes. | 凡尔赛没有油了 |
[14:45] | He needs to hear that. | 他需要听到那个 |
[14:46] | It’s important. | 这很重要 |
[14:52] | Thought you might want to know we got a positive ID on the owner of that | 你或许会想知道我们已经知道了那个 |
[14:55] | blood we found in the park yesterday. | 昨天在公园发现的血的主人的确定身份 |
[14:57] | Gloria Soto. | |
[14:58] | Mexican citizen, | 墨西哥公民 |
[14:59] | but a frequent border-hopper. | 但是一个频繁跨越边界的家伙 |
[15:01] | That’s how we had her DNA on file. | 那也是我们为什么会在档案中有她的DNA |
[15:02] | She was brought in on a solicitation charge in El Paso. | 在El Paso她被要求参与一个引诱控诉中 |
[15:05] | So that explains what she was doing in the park. | 所以那就解释了她在公园里面正在干什么 |
[15:12] | What? | 怎么了? |
[15:17] | I’ve seen this woman before. | 我以前见过这个女人 |
[15:19] | Last night, actually. | 事实上,是昨晚 |
[15:20] | What do you mean? | 你是什么意思? |
[15:21] | Like in a dream? | 像是在梦里那种? |
[15:24] | It was in a gallery. | 是在画廊 |
[15:25] | I was at this art gallery and this local artist, | 我在这个艺术画廊,这个本地艺术家 |
[15:27] | Jason Morrow– | |
[15:29] | I saw this woman in one of his paintings. | 我在他的一幅画中见过这个女人 |
[15:31] | You sure it was her? | 你确定是她? |
[15:33] | Can you take me there, to that gallery? | 你能带我娶那里吗,去那个画廊? |
[15:35] | I don’t think it’ll help. | 我不觉得有什么帮助 |
[15:37] | The painting in the gallery is of the back of her head. | 画廊里的画是她头的背面 |
[15:41] | Then how do you know it’s Gloria Soto? | 那你怎么知道那就是Gloria Soto? |
[15:43] | Because… | 因为… |
[15:45] | she turned and looked at me. | 她转了过来看我 |
[15:51] | Hello? | 哈罗? |
[15:52] | Jason? | |
[15:55] | Jason Morrow? | |
[16:01] | Detective Scanlon. | Scanlon侦探 |
[16:04] | This is Allison Dubois with the District Attorney’s office. | 这是在检察官办公室工作的Allison Dubois |
[16:07] | We’re, uh… | 我们,呃… |
[16:09] | we’re working a missing persons case and your name came up during the | 我们正在调查一件失踪人口案件,而你的名字在 |
[16:12] | course of our investigation. | 我们的调查过程中跳了出来 |
[16:14] | That sounds ominous. | 听起来不太好 |
[16:16] | Who’s gone missing? | 谁失踪了? |
[16:17] | Gloria Soto. | |
[16:19] | She’s a Mexican, 34 years of age. | 她是墨西哥人.34岁 |
[16:21] | Very pretty. | 很漂亮 |
[16:24] | I’m sorry, I don’t know that name. | 对不起,我不知道那个名字 |
[16:26] | Maybe you’ll know the face. | 或许你会记得这张脸 |
[16:34] | No. I’ve never actually seen this woman before. | 不.我实际上之前从来没有见过这个女人 |
[16:38] | Wait a second. Are you telling me that she never posed for you? | 等等.你是说她从来没有为你当过模特? |
[16:41] | That’s right. | 是的 |
[16:42] | I don’t use models. | 我不用模特 |
[16:44] | Actually, Gloria was a prostitute. | 实际上,Gloria是个妓女 |
[16:46] | I don’t use those either. | 我也不会用到那个 |
[16:49] | But if you could tell me how my name came up, | 但你们是否可以告诉我为什么我的名字会出现 |
[16:52] | perhaps I could be of a little more help. | 或许会对我有一些帮助 |
[17:38] | Allison… | |
[17:39] | Allison, you okay? | Allison,你还好吗? |
[17:43] | Yeah, I-I’m fine. | 是的,我-我很好 |
[17:46] | Could… could I trouble you for a glass of water? | 我能…我能麻烦喝杯水吗? |
[17:49] | In that back room over there. | 在那里的里屋 |
[18:43] | What are you doing? | 你在做什么? |
[18:45] | It’s not just me, right? | 不只是我,是吗? |
[18:46] | You see her face, too? | 你也看见了她的脸? |
[18:49] | Plain as day. | 一目了然. |
[18:51] | Want to tell me again, Mr. Morrow, | 想要再跟我说吗,Morrow先生 |
[18:52] | how you never met Gloria Soto? | 你怎么会从来没有见过Gloria Soto? |
[19:09] | Good morning. | 早上好 |
[19:10] | Good morning. | 早上好 |
[19:14] | Um, if I could just have a word. | 嗯,我能否说两句话 |
[19:15] | Excuse us. | 对不起 |
[19:19] | Sorry. I’m sorry. | 对不起,对不起 |
[19:20] | That’s my office. | 那是我的办公室 |
[19:22] | I know, I know, | 我知道,我知道 |
[19:23] | and honestly, we’ve been in there all of three minutes. | 坦白说,我们再那里总共只有3分钟 |
[19:25] | He insisted. | 是他坚持的 |
[19:26] | And he is? | 而他是? |
[19:27] | David Morrow– | |
[19:28] | worth conservatively a quarter of a billion dollars. | 有相当于两亿五千万美元身价的人 |
[19:30] | Or at least his late wife was. | 或至少他最近的妻子是这个身价 |
[19:31] | Okay. | 好的 |
[19:32] | And late last night, | 昨天晚上晚些时候 |
[19:33] | apparently on your say-so, | 显然是你的说法 |
[19:34] | his son was ordered held in connection with some missing persons case. | 他的儿子由于牵涉到一些失踪人口案而被捕 |
[19:37] | So he called his good friend the mayor, | 所以他打电话给了他的好朋友市长 |
[19:39] | who called you… | 而市长打电话给你… |
[19:40] | At 3:30 this morning… | 在今天早上3:30… |
[19:41] | And told you to get down here and convince me to let him go. | 让你到这里来说服我让他走 |
[19:44] | Well, I’m sorry to disappoint His Honor, | 好吧,我很抱歉让他阁下失望了 |
[19:46] | but as he very well knows, | 但他应该非常清楚知道 |
[19:47] | I can hold a suspect, any suspect, | 我可以监禁一个嫌疑犯,任何嫌疑犯 |
[19:49] | rich, poor or otherwise, | 富有的,贫穷的或其它的 |
[19:51] | without actually charging him for 24 hours. | 免费关押他24个小时 |
[19:54] | No, he knows that. | 是的,他知道 |
[19:56] | It’s just– since there’s no firm evidence to actually implicate this man, | 只是–既然没有足够的证据显示和这个男人有牵连 |
[20:00] | we were wondering if you could possibly see your way clear… | 我们想知道你是否能够网开一面… |
[20:02] | No, I can’t. | 不,我不能 |
[20:03] | And you tell the mayor I have a bathroom full of blood and a team of | 你去告诉市长我有一浴室的血和一组 |
[20:06] | professional investigators telling me that Jason Morrow is connected. | 职业调查者来告诉我Jason Morrow和这个案子是有关系的 |
[20:09] | That’s enough for me, | 对我来说足够了 |
[20:10] | and it should be enough for the mayor. | 而对市长来说也应该足够了 |
[20:12] | Mr. District Attorney, | 检察官先生 |
[20:13] | David Morrow. | |
[20:14] | Mr. Morrow. | Morrow先生 |
[20:15] | I couldn’t help but overhear the tail end of that exchange. | 我忍不住偷听到了这个交易的最后一段内容 |
[20:18] | Look, just so everyone’s intentions are clear– | 看,这里每个人的意图都很明显– |
[20:21] | when this evening rolls around, | 在今天晚上结束后 |
[20:23] | if you still don’t have enough evidence to charge my son, | 如果你还是没有足够的证据来指控我的儿子 |
[20:25] | I will be filing a lawsuit against you and the City of Phoenix for wrongful arrest. | 我会以不正当的拘捕来指控你和菲尼克斯城 |
[20:32] | You thank the mayor for his help. | 你帮我感谢市长的帮忙 |
[20:35] | I’ll see myself out. | 我会自己搞定的 |
[20:51] | It’s not here. | 不在这里 |
[20:54] | I’ll get it. | 我来接 |
[20:56] | Hello. | 哈罗 |
[20:58] | Oh, good morning, sir. | 哦,早上好,先生 |
[21:00] | You did? | 你打了? |
[21:01] | Well, I’m sorry. I lost it. | 对不起,我丢了 |
[21:05] | I found it! | 我找到了! |
[21:06] | Joe found it. | Joe找到了 |
[21:08] | It’s Devalos. He was trying to call me on my cell phone. | 是Devalos.他试图打我的手机来找我 |
[21:11] | Yeah, I can be there at 10:30. | 是的,我可以在10:30到那里 |
[21:13] | Fine. | 好的 |
[21:14] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[21:15] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[21:18] | Look at you. | 看看你 |
[21:19] | You’re as nervous as a cat. | 你紧张得像只猫 |
[21:23] | I-I haven’t been to a lawyer since we bought this house. | 自从我们买了这幢房子后我还没有去过律师那里 |
[21:27] | You have your little list of questions? | 你准备好了你的问题列表? |
[21:29] | Do I ever. | 都好了 |
[21:30] | I got my health insurance packet, | 我拿了我的健康保险信息表 |
[21:31] | Aerodytech contract, | Aerodytech的合同 |
[21:33] | my pension fund statements. | 我的养老金声明 |
[21:35] | You know, the irony is I’m going to spend the whole day with this guy, | 你知道,讽刺的是我准备花费整天的 时间和这个家伙待在一起 |
[21:37] | and then when it’s over, | 而当这些结束后 |
[21:38] | I’m still not going to know whether to do it or not. | 我还是不知道我是否要去那么做 |
[21:40] | I’m sorry, honey, | 对不起,亲爱的 |
[21:41] | I wish I had an answer. | 我希望我有答案 |
[21:44] | What good are you? | 你有多好啊? |
[21:47] | I’ll show you what good I am. | 我会给你看我有多好 |
[21:56] | Does the name “Versailles” mean anything to you? | “凡尔赛”这个名字对你来说有什么意义吗? |
[21:58] | Used to be a big fancy building in France. | 通常是对法国某幢建筑的想像 |
[22:01] | Why? | 为什么那么问? |
[22:03] | Well, your father showed up again here last night. | 你的父亲昨晚再次出现在这里 |
[22:07] | And he told me you shouldn’t go into business with Andrew because… | 他告诉我你不应该和Andrew从事这次生意因为… |
[22:10] | Wait, I want to get this right… | 等等,我要正确表达… |
[22:14] | “Versailles is running on fumes. | “凡尔赛没有油了” |
[22:17] | ” “Versailles is running on fumes?” It was the middle of the night, | ” 凡尔赛没有油了?” 那是在半夜 |
[22:20] | and it was your father. | 你的父亲说的 |
[22:24] | He told me you needed to hear that. | 他告诉我你需要听到这个 |
[22:27] | Thanks, Dad. | 谢谢,爸爸 |
[22:29] | I’ll be sure and tell that to the lawyer. | 我要确保把这个告诉律师 |
[22:34] | Do I look okay? | 我看起来还好吗? |
[22:36] | I’m paying this guy $250 an hour, | 我一个小时要付给这个家伙250美元 |
[22:38] | and I’m worried about what I look like. | 而我却在担心我看起来怎样 |
[22:39] | You look like a captain of industry. | 你看起来像个大企业的首脑 |
[22:41] | You look like an admiral of industry. | 你看起来像是大企业的将军 |
[22:44] | Admiral’s bigger than captain, right? | 将军比首领要大,是吗? |
[22:45] | I have no idea. | 我不知道 |
[22:46] | I got to go. | 我要走了 |
[22:48] | I understand, Judge, | 我明白,法官 |
[22:49] | but I’d be remiss if I didn’t tell you I think you’re making a mistake. | 但如果我没有告诉你我觉得你犯了个错误 我会觉得自己玩忽职守 |
[22:54] | Jason Morrow is our only connection to this missing woman. | Jason Morrow是我们唯一和这个失踪的女人有关系的人 |
[22:58] | Respectfully, I disagree… | 尊敬的长官,我反对… |
[23:02] | We will work harder, sir. | 我们会努力工作的,长官 |
[23:03] | You count on it. | 你就听消息吧 |
[23:07] | No warrant. | 没有许可证 |
[23:08] | The judge seems to feel that we’re reaching. | 法官看起来觉得我们是受到了影响 |
[23:11] | So, I guess Jason Morrow’s car, home, studio– | 所以,我想Jason Morrow的车,房子,画室– |
[23:14] | they’re all off limits? | 他们都在禁止进入区域? |
[23:15] | Well, we can still hold him for another 10 hours, | 好吧,我们还可以把他监禁另外10个小时 |
[23:17] | but unless we have any physical evidence that he was involved in the | 但除非我们有实质的证据显示他涉及到 |
[23:20] | disappearance of Gloria Soto, he’ll walk. | Gloria Soto的失踪,否则他就能走了 |
[23:23] | I wish I could tell you that I had a dream last night that would narrow | 我希望我能告诉你我昨晚做了一个能缩小 |
[23:26] | down the search for the body. | 尸体搜寻范围的梦 |
[23:28] | But so far I’ve only been able to see things when I look at one of Morrow’s paintings. | 但迄今为止,我只能在我看着Morrow的画时才能看见一些事情 |
[23:32] | Well, in that case, | 如果是那样的话 |
[23:33] | I think you’ll appreciate the homework we’ve assembled for you in the conference room. | 我想你会对在会议室中我们为你 所做的家庭作业而感激的 |
[23:47] | 47 paintings in total, | 总共是47幅画 |
[23:48] | every one of them a Jason Morrow original. | 每幅都是Jason Morrow的原作 |
[23:50] | Figure it’ll keep you busy for the rest of the morning. | 看起来你早上余下的时间都会很忙的 |
[23:52] | Wait, I thought that we couldn’t get a search warrant on his studio? | 等等,我以为我们没有拿到搜索他画室的许可证 |
[23:55] | We couldn’t. | 我们不能 |
[23:57] | I spent most of last night visiting all the local galleries, | 我花了昨天一晚去拜访了所有的本地画廊 |
[23:59] | flashing my badge and asking if the Phoenix P.D. | 展示了我的徽章并问菲尼克斯城的检察官是否可以 |
[24:01] | could “borrow” everything they had by Jason Morrow. | “借”所有他们有的Jason Morrow的画 |
[24:03] | Just watch where you put that coffee; | 小心你放咖啡的地方 |
[24:05] | we break anything, | 我们破坏了任何东西 |
[24:06] | we pay for it. | 都是要赔偿的 |
[24:07] | Give us a call if you see something. | 如果你看见什么东西给我们打电话 |
[24:10] | Where are you going? | 你们要去哪里? |
[24:11] | I’m going to go look for a tree with a hundred pairs of sneakers dangling from it. | 我要出去找一棵挂着100双运动鞋的树 |
[24:26] | “Self Portrait.” Jason, it doesn’t look a thing like you. | “自我肖像”Jason,不像是你做的事情 |
[25:15] | Good-bye, my darling. | 再见,亲爱的 |
[25:32] | Hello? | 哈罗? |
[25:34] | How much you know about local high school football? | 对于本地高中足球你知道多少? |
[25:36] | Not much. Why? | 没多少.为什么这么问? |
[25:38] | It turns out the Flagstaff Cougars have this funny little tradition. | 看起来Flagstaff Cougars有这种好玩的小传统 |
[25:43] | Every year the graduating seniors tie their cleats together and throw them | 每年毕业的学生把他们的鞋子系在一起并把它们 |
[25:46] | over the branches of a dead ash tree near their favorite drinking spot in the woods. | 扔到一棵死掉的灰树上,就在森林中他们最喜欢喝酒的地点的旁边 |
[25:49] | If I give you directions, how soon can you be here? | 如果我给你指向,你什么时候可以到这里? |
[26:07] | One adult female, one male child. | 一个成年女性,一个男孩子 |
[26:09] | Forensic techs figure they’ve been here at least 20 years. | 法医技术显示它们已经在这里至少20年了 |
[26:12] | Which means she couldn’t possibly be Gloria Soto. | 那就表示她不可能是Gloria Soto |
[26:15] | And unless Jason Morrow was one very advanced toddler… | 除非Jason Morrow是一个非常厉害的小孩子… |
[26:19] | I’m guessing he’s not our killer. | 我猜他不是我们的凶手 |
[26:23] | We’re 20 hours into the custody of Jason Morrow, | 我们已经把Jason Morrow逮捕了20个小时 |
[26:26] | and we’re still no closer to finding the body of Gloria Soto. | 而我们还是没有找到Gloria Soto的尸体 |
[26:28] | We have, however, | 我们有,不管怎么样 |
[26:30] | found two bodies that we weren’t looking for, | 找到了两具我们没有想要寻找的尸体 |
[26:32] | but we can be reasonably certain that our suspect had nothing to do with their deaths, | 但我们可以有些确信我们的嫌疑人 和他们的死没有关系 |
[26:35] | given the fact that he was a toddler at the time. | 理由是,那个时候他还是个刚学会走路的孩子 |
[26:37] | I don’t know what to tell you. | 我不知道要怎么跟你说 |
[26:38] | All I can say is, I saw Gloria Soto being buried in that grave. | 我能说的就是,我看见Gloria Soto被埋在那个坟墓中 |
[26:42] | No, you didn’t. | 不,你没有 |
[26:44] | You saw her mother, Inez Soto. | 你看见的是她的妈妈,Inez Soto |
[26:45] | We I.D.’d her off her dental records. | 我们的身份确认给出了她的牙齿记录 |
[26:46] | They matched a missing persons report her family filed in Mexico in 1982. | 他们找到了一个匹配的失踪人口记录 由她的家人在1982年在墨西哥填写的 |
[26:50] | 1982? | 1982年? |
[26:52] | Apparently, | 很明显 墨西哥的权威人士把它寄给了我们 |
[26:52] | the Mexican authorities forwarded it to us at the time. | 很明显 墨西哥的权威人士把它寄给了我们 |
[26:55] | Someone spent about a half a day looking into it, | 有人花了半天的时间来仔细研究 |
[26:57] | and then it sat in a drawer until this afternoon. | 直到这个下午才绘制了出来 |
[27:03] | Oh, my God, she looks exactly like her daughter. | 哦,上帝,她看起来真的很像她的女儿 |
[27:07] | I thought I saw someone digging a grave for Gloria, | 我以为我看见有人在为Gloria挖坟墓 |
[27:09] | but I must’ve seen someone digging a grave for her mother. | 但我一定是看见了某人在为她的妈妈挖坟墓 |
[27:13] | Now, here’s an interesting factoid– | 现在,这里有一件有意思的事情– |
[27:15] | care to guess who Inez was working for when she disappeared in ’82? | 猜猜Inez在她失踪的82年是为谁在工作吗? |
[27:19] | According to the file– | 根据档案– |
[27:21] | David Morrow. | 是David Morrow |
[27:22] | Wait a second, | 等等 你们刚刚找到尸体的那个女人是为Jason Morrow的爸爸工作的? |
[27:22] | the woman whose corpse you just found worked for Jason Morrow’s father? | 等等 你们刚刚找到尸体的那个女人是为Jason Morrow的爸爸工作的? |
[27:26] | According to her family, she was working for him as a maid, | 根据她家人的叙述,她在他家做女仆 |
[27:28] | making money to send back home to Mexico to her daughter. | 赚钱寄回墨西哥老家给她的女儿 |
[27:30] | Had a son, too. Tomas. | 她还有一个儿子,Tomas |
[27:32] | He was born here in the States. | 他是在这里出生的 |
[27:33] | Disappeared when she did. | 和她一起失踪 |
[27:34] | That must’ve been the boy, | 那一定是那个男孩 |
[27:35] | the same one I saw in Jason’s paintings. | 和我在Jason的画中看到的是同一个 |
[27:39] | I have… | 我有… |
[27:41] | a present for you, | 一件给你的礼物 |
[27:42] | by the way. | 顺便 |
[27:43] | A little something, to, uh, | 一件小东西,给你,呃 |
[27:45] | complete your collection. | 完成你的搜集 |
[27:47] | Where did this come from? | 这个从哪里来的? |
[27:48] | Stopped by to see Jason Morrow in his holding cell to see if his plush | 我顺道去拘留所拜访了Jason Morrow,看看他所在的 |
[27:51] | surroundings triggered any new recollections about Gloria Soto. | 舒适的环境是否触发了任何新的关于Gloria Soto的回忆 |
[27:55] | He was working on it the whole time I was there– | 我在那里的时候他一直在画这个– |
[27:56] | I asked him if I could see it. | 我问他我是否能看看 |
[27:58] | He told me to keep it. | 他让我保留着 |
[28:20] | Good-bye, my darling. | 再见,亲爱的 |
[28:29] | Feel better, little baby. | 亲爱的,感觉好一些 |
[28:36] | There were two little babies– | 那里有两个小孩– |
[28:38] | there had to be. | 一定有 |
[28:39] | There was Inez’s son, | 那是Inez的儿子 |
[28:41] | and there was Jason. | 还有Jason |
[28:42] | Jason was a witness. | Jason是目击证人 |
[28:43] | He doesn’t remember anything; | 他不记得任何事情了 |
[28:45] | he was too young. | 他当时太小 |
[28:45] | But it’s all in there. | 但他们都在那里 |
[28:47] | Every time I see one of his paintings come to life, | 每次我看到他的其中一幅画生动了起来 |
[28:49] | I’m seeing what happened through his eyes. | 我看见的是通过他的眼睛看见的事情 |
[28:52] | I-I’m sorry, I’m not sure I follow you. | 对-对不起,我不明白你在说什么 |
[28:54] | Well, think about it. | 好吧,想一下 |
[28:55] | He couldn’t have killed the mother and son. | 他不可能杀了妈妈和儿子 |
[28:58] | But he could have seen his father do it. | 但他可以看见是他父亲做了这一切 |
[29:00] | Look, I think what happened to Inez and her son is terrible. | 我觉得发生在Inez和她儿子身上的事情是很可怕的 |
[29:04] | From what little I remember of them, they were nice people. | 从我所记得的她们,她们是很好的人 |
[29:07] | But if you’re suggesting that I had anything to do with their deaths… | 但如果你们觉得我和她们的死有什么关系的话… |
[29:10] | We just wanted to ask you a few questions. | 我们只是想问你一些问题 |
[29:12] | Well, considering the fact that you just released my son | 那么,鉴于你们刚刚在关押了我儿子 |
[29:14] | after incarcerating him for 24 hours, | 24小时之后将他释放的事实 |
[29:17] | you’ll forgive me if I’m not feeling especially cooperative. | 如果你们觉得我非常不合作的话,还请原谅 |
[29:20] | You ever been convicted of a felony, Mr. Morrow? | 你曾经有罪名成立,是不是,Morrow先生? |
[29:24] | Yes, I was arrested several times, | 是的,我被被捕了好几次 |
[29:26] | but I’m guessing that you already know that. | 但我想你们已经都知道了 |
[29:28] | Heroin possession, right? | 私藏海洛因,是吗? |
[29:30] | It happened over 20 years ago, Detective. | 都已经是20年前发生的事情了,侦探 |
[29:33] | A youthful indiscretion. | 年轻时候的轻举妄动 |
[29:34] | More like three youthful indiscretions, actually. | 实际上,差不多是叁次年轻的轻举妄动 |
[29:37] | What about assault and battery charges your wife filed? | 那关于档案中对你的妻子进行殴打的控诉呢? |
[29:40] | Emily dropped those charges. | Emily撤销了那些指控 |
[29:42] | It was a misunderstanding. | 只是一场误会 |
[29:44] | Now, are you finished, | 现在,要不就是你结束 |
[29:45] | or do I need to call my lawyer? | 要不是我打电话给我的律师? |
[29:46] | No, no. | 不,不 |
[29:48] | I’ve only got one more question for you. | 我还只有一个问题要问你 |
[29:51] | Why’d you kill Inez and her kid? | 你为什么要杀害Inez和她的孩子? |
[29:55] | She hear something she shouldn’t have? | 是她听见了一些她不应该听见的东西? |
[29:56] | Try to blackmail you, maybe? | 或许试图勒索你? |
[29:58] | That’s your theory? | 那就是你的推测? |
[30:00] | I killed her to protect my money. | 我杀了她来保护我的钱 |
[30:02] | That’s a good theory, it’s clever, except for one thing. | 那是个不错的推测,很聪明,除了一件事情 |
[30:05] | Everything you see here, | 你在这里所看到的所有东西 |
[30:06] | none of it belongs to me. | 没有一件是属于我的 |
[30:09] | It never has. | 从来都不是 |
[30:11] | My wife’s family didn’t particularly like me, | 我妻子的家人很明显不喜欢我 |
[30:13] | and I’m guessing that had something to do with the arrest that you mentioned. | 而我猜应该是和你刚才提到的拘留有关 |
[30:16] | While my wife was alive, | 当我妻子还活着的时候 |
[30:18] | we lived off of her trust fund, | 我们靠她的信托基金生活 |
[30:20] | and after my wife passed, | 我的妻子过世后 |
[30:21] | all of the assets were transferred to my son Jason. Okay? | 所有的资产都被转到我儿子Jason的名下.可以了吗? |
[30:26] | This house is his. Everything. | 这幢房子是他的.所有的都是他的 |
[30:27] | He lets me live here. | 他让我住在这里 |
[30:28] | He gives me… | 他给我… |
[30:31] | an allowance, | 一份补助 |
[30:32] | I guess you could call it. | 我想你们可以那么称呼 |
[30:36] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[30:39] | Maybe you two had an affair. | 那或许你们两个之间有一段风流韵事 |
[30:41] | She called it off… | 她要说出去… |
[30:44] | Detective, | 侦探 |
[30:46] | you’re embarrassing yourself. | 你会让你自己为难的 |
[30:53] | I told you not to play with that boy! | 我告诉过你不要和那个男孩玩! |
[30:54] | He can make you sick. | 他会让你生病的 |
[30:55] | He can kill you. | 他会杀了你! |
[30:58] | Now, tilt your head back. | 现在,把你的头翘起来 |
[30:59] | Dr. Tedesco said we have to be sure to get every drop of blood off you. | Tedesco医生说过我们必须保证把你身上的血都洗掉 |
[31:06] | Keep your eyes open. | 张开你的眼睛 |
[31:17] | …guess we’ll be giving you a call, and, uh, | …想我们会给你打电话的,还有,呃 |
[31:19] | you can come down to the station to make a statement. | 你可以到警局来作一份陈述 |
[31:22] | That was productive. | 真是多事啊 |
[31:23] | Actually, it was. | 事实上,的确是 |
[31:25] | You saw something in there? | 你在那里看见了什么东西? |
[31:26] | I saw Inez Soto again when I was looking at that painting. | 我在看那幅画的时候又看见Inez Soto了 |
[31:29] | She was giving one of the boys a bath. | 她正在给其中的一个孩子洗澡 |
[31:31] | Sounds like a hot lead– | 听起来像是很正常的事情– |
[31:32] | I mean, she was the maid. | 我是说,她是女仆 |
[31:33] | No, it wasn’t like that– | 不,不是那样的– |
[31:34] | she was scared of something. | 她很害怕什么东西 |
[31:35] | She mentioned the other boy, | 她提到了另外一个孩子 |
[31:37] | she said he was sick. | 她说他病了 |
[31:38] | And she mentioned a doctor. | 她还提到了一个医生 |
[31:40] | Tedesco. Dr. Tedesco. | Tedesco.Tedesco医生 |
[31:42] | It seemed important. | 好像很重要 |
[31:43] | A name– now, | 名字–现在 |
[31:44] | that I can work with. | 我可以工作了 |
[31:51] | Oh. | 哦 |
[31:54] | Hmm. | 嗯 |
[31:56] | Mm! | 嗯! |
[31:58] | After a long day of hard work, | 一天辛苦的工作之后 |
[32:02] | I really look forward to a brewski. | 我真的期望能喝一杯 |
[32:04] | Hmm, well, then, my dear, | 嗯,那么,我亲爱的 |
[32:05] | you are doomed for an evening of disappointment. | 你注定会有一个令人失望的夜晚 |
[32:08] | A man– a man with a mask– | 一个男人–一个带着面具的男人– |
[32:10] | came into our house and stole all of our brewskis. | 进入了我们的屋子偷走了我们所有的酒 |
[32:15] | Mm. | 嗯 |
[32:21] | So I’m sitting in our $250- | 我坐在我们250美元 |
[32:23] | an-hour lawyer’s office and I think it’s hour three and he says to me, | 一小时的律师的办公室里,我想有3个小时他告诉我 |
[32:31] | “Is it true the fellows from Versailles Capital are funding you and Andrew? | “是否有从凡尔赛资金的人会对你和Andrew进行投资? |
[32:36] | ” And all I could think of is… | “而所有我在考虑的都是… |
[32:38] | “Versailles is running on fumes.” | “凡尔赛没有油了” |
[32:40] | And I was, like, “I don’t know”. I mean, I do know. | 而我,就像,”我不知道” 我是说,我的确知道 |
[32:42] | At least I strongly suspect based on our conversation this morning. | 至少我在基于我们今早的对话中使劲猜测 |
[32:46] | But I don’t know. | 但我不知道 |
[32:48] | So what do you do? | 那你怎么办? |
[32:50] | I pretended my phone was vibrating, | 我假装我的电话开始震动 |
[32:52] | that it was a call from you. | 假装是你来的电话 |
[32:54] | I told him I had to wrap up this meeting and I got out of there and I went | 我告诉他我必须结束这次会面,然后走出那里 |
[32:58] | over to Andrew’s house, | 去了Andrew的家 |
[32:59] | and I just asked him. | 我只是想问问他 |
[33:00] | And? | 然后? |
[33:01] | And he said, “Keep it under your hat, Joe, but yes, | 然后他说,”你要保密,Joe,但是,是的” |
[33:07] | “Versailles Capital has agreed to provide 100 percent “ | “凡尔赛资金同意提供100%的” |
[33:11] | of the startup funding for Gossamer. | 基金作为Gossamer的启动基金 |
[33:14] | That’s the name we came up with– Gossamer.” | 那是我们一起想出来的名字– Gossamer” |
[33:18] | That’s a great name. | 那真是个好名字 |
[33:20] | That’s a beautiful name, | 真是个美丽的名字 |
[33:21] | my emperor of industry. | 我的公司皇帝 |
[33:25] | So what are you going to do? | 那么你准备怎么做呢? |
[33:27] | I already did it. | 我已经做了 |
[33:29] | I told him I couldn’t join him. | 我告诉他我不能加入他 |
[33:31] | Told him I wouldn’t. | 告诉他我不想 |
[33:32] | Did you tell him why? | 你告诉他为什么了吗? |
[33:34] | Did I tell him my dead father told me the money’s not going to come through? | 我是否告诉他,是我死去的爸爸告诉我这笔钱是不会得到的? |
[33:38] | No, I didn’t. | 不,我没有 |
[33:39] | I don’t know why. It was a spur-of-the-moment thing. | 我不知道为什么.这只是不假思索的一件事情 |
[33:42] | But, Joe, maybe you could find somebody else to fund you guys. | 但是,Joe,或许你们会找到其它的人来资助你们的 |
[33:45] | Maybe… but I already told him. | 或许吧…但我已经那个告诉他了 |
[33:50] | I’m sure he’s out to somebody else by now. | 我确信他现在正在找其它的人 |
[33:55] | I’m so sorry. | 对不起 |
[33:58] | I would’ve missed the Christmas party. | 我会想念圣诞节晚会的 |
[34:01] | And my great parking space. | 还有我美好的停车位 |
[34:03] | Mm-mm-hmm. | 嗯-嗯-嗯 |
[34:04] | And we do have a hell of a health plan. | 我们真的有一个很不错的成长计划 |
[34:11] | You’re a liar. | 你是个大话王 |
[34:17] | I should get that. The girls… | 我应该去接电话.孩子们… |
[34:19] | Oh! Wait, you just sit. I’ll get it. | 哦!等等,你就坐着吧,我去接 |
[34:26] | Hello? | 哈罗? |
[34:27] | Tracked down this guy Tedesco. | 追踪到这个叫Tedesco的家伙了 |
[34:29] | Turns out he’s an immunologist, | 显示说他是一个免疫学家 |
[34:31] | one of the first pediatric AIDS specialists in Phoenix. | 菲尼克斯城首个儿童爱滋病专家 |
[34:34] | I… I don’t understand. | 我…我不明白 |
[34:37] | Was Inez’s son sick? | Inez的儿子病了吗? |
[34:39] | D-Did he remember him? | 他-他还记得他吗? |
[34:40] | He doesn’t remember anything. | 他不记得任何事情了 |
[34:41] | He passed away in ’86, | 他已经在86年去世了 |
[34:42] | but his wife still has all his old medical files in the garage, | 但他的妻子还有所有他的旧医学档案在车库中 |
[34:45] | and I badgered her and she let me take a look. | 我对她进行了威逼利诱,然后她让我看了一下 |
[34:47] | And? | 然后? |
[34:48] | And he never treated Tomas, | 他从来没有医治过Tomas |
[34:50] | but get this. | 但得到了这个 |
[34:51] | He did treat Jason Morrow. | 他医治过Jason Morrow |
[34:53] | Turns out Jason’s parents were both intravenous drug users, | 发现Jason的父母都是静脉毒品注射者 |
[34:55] | but only mom got sick. | 但只有妈妈得病 |
[34:57] | Apparently she passed AIDS to him in the womb. | 很明显她在母体中就把爱滋传染给了他 |
[34:59] | According to the file, | 根据档案所说 |
[35:00] | Jason’s case was terminal. | Jason的病已经到了末期 |
[35:02] | Life expectancy, | 还能活 |
[35:03] | four years, max. | 4年,最多了 |
[35:04] | Wait a second, how is that possible? | 等等,那怎么可能? |
[35:06] | Jason’s got to be at least 25. | Jason现在已经至少25岁了 |
[35:08] | Actually, no. | 事实上,不是 |
[35:09] | He’s not. He’s dead. | 他没有.他已经死了 |
[35:12] | You led us to his body. | 你带我们找到了他的尸体 |
[35:15] | Oh, my God, that little boy in the grave. | 哦,上帝,那个坟墓中的小男孩 |
[35:17] | Wasn’t Inez Soto’s son. | 不是Inez Soto的儿子 |
[35:18] | Tomas Soto’s still alive, | Tomas Soto还活着 |
[35:20] | only he thinks he’s Jason Morrow. | 只是他觉得他是Jason Morrow |
[35:30] | Mr. Morrow, thank you for coming in on a Saturday, sir. | Morrow先生,感谢您在星期六过来,先生 |
[35:33] | I’m only here because my son asked me to come down and join him. | 我到这里来只是因为我的儿子要我过来见他 |
[35:37] | He’s waiting in the conference room. Right this way. | 他正在会议室里面等.这里走 |
[35:46] | Jason. | |
[35:50] | You all right? | 你还好吧? |
[35:51] | I’m fine. | 我很好 |
[35:53] | Why did they bring you down here? | 他们为什么把你带到这里来? |
[35:54] | To formally apologize. | 为了正式的道歉 |
[35:56] | Jason, | |
[35:57] | the city of Phoenix sincerely regrets holding you in connection with the | 菲尼克斯城真诚地对由于把你和Gloria Soto的失踪 |
[36:00] | disappearance of Gloria Soto. | 联系在一起而拘捕你感到抱歉 |
[36:01] | We recognize it as an ordeal and a massive inconvenience and for that, | 我们承认这是一种折磨且对于由此而产生的巨大麻烦 |
[36:05] | we sincerely apologize. | 我们非常真诚地道歉 |
[36:06] | Fine. That’s a start. | 很好.不错的开始 |
[36:08] | But if you think it’s going to make us stop our lawsuit, | 但如果你认为这会终止我们的控诉 |
[36:11] | you’re wrong. | 你错了 |
[36:12] | I can assure you, | 我可以对你保证 |
[36:13] | I’m under no such misapprehension. | 我完全是处于一个非常大的误解之中 |
[36:15] | Good. Then we’ll see you in court. | 很好.那么我们在法庭见 |
[36:16] | Probably sooner than you think. | 或许宁可你这么想 |
[36:19] | What’s this? | 这是什么? |
[36:20] | It’s a medical report on Jason Morrow. | 这是一份Jason Morrow的医学报告 |
[36:21] | Your son. It dates back to 1982. | 你的儿子.这要追溯到1982年 |
[36:28] | You got this from Dr. Michael Tedesco? | 你从Michael Tedesco那里得到这个的? |
[36:31] | His widow, actually. | 事实上,是他的遗孀 |
[36:32] | Imagine Jason’s surprise when he heard that he’d been diagnosed with AIDS at birth. | 想像一下,当Jason听说他在一出生时就 被诊断为艾滋病时有多么的惊讶 |
[36:37] | Seems like the type of thing you’d mention… Dad. | 看起来像是你曾经说过的那种事情…爸爸 |
[36:41] | I don’t know where you’re going with this, Manuel, | 我不知道你从那里得到这个的,Manuel |
[36:43] | but you know damn well that file is protected under doctor-patient confidentiality. | 但你知道他妈的档案是受到医生和病人之间私密保护的 |
[36:47] | Absolutely. | 绝对是 |
[36:48] | But since Jason here is supposedly the patient, | 但自从Jason在这里被推测为病人时 |
[36:51] | he found the contents fascinating. | 他发现这里的内容很令人着迷 |
[36:53] | I never told you because it wasn’t true. | 我从来没有告诉你是因为这不是真的 |
[36:55] | I mean, I fired this doctor. | 我是说,我解雇了这个医生 |
[36:57] | He misdiagnosed you. | 他错误地诊断了你 |
[36:59] | I mean, obviously, look at you, you’re fine. | 我是说,很明显,看看你,你很好 |
[37:01] | So what was wrong with me? | 那么我到底怎么了? |
[37:04] | You suffered from a rare form of pediatric pneumonia. | 你患了一种非常罕见的小儿肺炎 |
[37:07] | I took you to a clinic in Switzerland. | 我把你带到了瑞士的一家医院 |
[37:08] | You recovered. | 你痊愈了 |
[37:10] | And you have documentation to prove that? | 那你有文件来证明那个吗? |
[37:12] | My client is not obliged to produce medical records of any kind. | 我的当事人并不一定需要出示任何病历档案 |
[37:14] | It was very important to you that Jason stay alive, | Jason好好地活着对你来说非常重要 |
[37:16] | wasn’t it? | 是不是? |
[37:17] | Of course. He’s my son. | 当然.他是我的儿子 |
[37:19] | Right. | 是的 |
[37:20] | And after your wife, Emily, passed, | 在你的妻子,Emily过世后 |
[37:21] | if Jason hadn’t survived his bout of– what’d you callit, “pneumonia”– | 如果Jason并没有幸免于–你叫它什么来着,”肺炎”– |
[37:24] | you would have been cut out of the family money, wouldn’t you? | 你就会被停掉所有的家庭资产,是不是? |
[37:26] | Mr. District Attorney, | 检察官先生 |
[37:27] | I demand to know, | 我需要知道 |
[37:28] | are you accusing my client of something here? | 你是在这里责问我的当事人什么事情吗? |
[37:30] | Only murder. | 只是谋杀 |
[37:32] | Two counts for now. | 现在是两个人 |
[37:33] | Probably three when all is said and done. | 或许在所有的结果都出来后是3个 |
[37:35] | This meeting is over. | 这次会面结束了 |
[37:37] | Jason. | |
[37:38] | Sit down, Dad. | 坐下,爸爸 |
[37:44] | Jason, I don’t know what they’ve been telling you, | Jason,我不知道他们告诉了你什么 |
[37:46] | but it’s not true. | 但都不是真的 |
[37:48] | David, we should go. | David,我们应该走了 |
[37:49] | Your wife died of AIDS in 1982. | 你的妻子在1982年死于艾滋病 |
[37:51] | You knew your son didn’t have long to live, | 你知道你的儿子并没有多久可以活 |
[37:53] | and you knew that when he died, | 你还知道他死了的话 |
[37:55] | your last connection to your wife’s family money would die with him. | 你和你妻子家族财富之间的最后联系也会随之消亡 |
[37:58] | So you did the only thing you could do. | 所以你做了唯一你可以做的事情 |
[38:00] | You went looking for a replacement. | 你尽力想找到一个替代品 |
[38:01] | And luckily you didn’t have to look far. | 幸运的是,你并不需要找很久 |
[38:04] | Your maid’s son was about the same age as Jason. | 你们女仆的儿子和Jason是相同的年纪 |
[38:07] | She was an undocumented immigrant, | 她是一个没有正式档案的移民 |
[38:10] | somebody you thought nobody would miss. | 一个你觉得没有人会去注意的人 |
[38:12] | So you killed her. | 所以你杀了她 |
[38:14] | And then you did something unthinkable. | 然后你还做了一件不可思议的举动 |
[38:17] | You killed your own diseased child, | 你杀了你亲生的患病的孩子 |
[38:20] | and you raised Inez Soto’s healthy boy as your own. | 然后你把Inez Soto健康的儿子作为你自己的抚养长大 |
[38:29] | Jason… | |
[38:31] | none of this is true. | 这一切都不是真的 |
[38:32] | Well, there’s a simple way to prove that. | 有一个很简单的方法可以证明 |
[38:34] | Jason has agreed to give us a blood sample. | Jason已经同意给我们他的血液样本 |
[38:36] | If you’re willing to do the same, | 如果你也愿意同样那么做 |
[38:37] | and the DNA indicates that the two of you are, in fact, related, | DNA会显示你们两个,实际上,是有关联的 |
[38:41] | then we’ll know that all of this was just a product of our overactive imaginations. | 那么我们就会知道所有这一切都只是 我们不正常的想像所导致的 |
[38:50] | Come on, Dad. | 来吧,爸爸 |
[38:52] | Doesn’t even hurt. | 没有什么关系 |
[38:55] | At the end of the day, | 在最后 |
[38:56] | we can show them how wrong they are. | 我们可以告诉他们他们错的有多离谱 |
[38:58] | Manuel, | |
[38:59] | you know you cannot compel my client to give you a DNA sample. | 你知道你不能强迫我的当事人给你他的DNA样本 |
[39:02] | You’re right. | 你是对的 |
[39:03] | But I can compare the sample I already drew from Jason to the DNA from Inez Soto’s remains. | 但我可以把我已经得到的Jason的DNA样本 和Inez Soto遗体上的进行比对 |
[39:07] | In fact, it’s being done right now. | 实际上,已经开始做了 |
[39:10] | And if the comparison shows me what I think it’s going to– | 如果比对显示我所想的– |
[39:13] | that the man raised as Jason Morrow is in fact Tomas Soto– | 那个作为Jason Morrow养大的男人其实是Tomas Soto的话– |
[39:17] | then I’ll have more than enough to make a case against your client. | 那我就有足够多的证据来对你的当事人进行立案 |
[39:20] | You’re welcome to go somewhere and wait it out if you want, | 你可以随时到任何地方或出去等结果出来 |
[39:22] | but I’ll be on your ass the whole time. | 但我会一直跟在你屁股后面 |
[39:24] | Or we can stay right here and talk about a deal. | 或者我们可以就待在这里谈一下交易 |
[39:26] | Who knows, you tell me where Gloria Soto’s body is, | 谁知道呢,你告诉我Gloria Soto的尸体在哪里 |
[39:29] | I’ll even consider taking the death penalty off the table. | 我会考虑在法庭上撤销你的死刑 |
[39:37] | My card’s higher. | 我的牌比较高 |
[39:38] | You sure? | 你肯定? |
[39:40] | I’m this sure. | 我非常肯定 |
[39:42] | I call. | 我跟 |
[39:48] | I win! | 我赢了! |
[39:50] | No, you don’t. | 不,你没有 |
[39:51] | I have an ace. | 我是一个A |
[39:52] | You have a one. | 你是1 |
[39:56] | Daddy, | 爸爸 |
[39:57] | doesn’t four beat one? | 4是不是比1大? |
[39:59] | Sorry, kiddo. Ace beats all. | 对不起,老兄,A比所有的都大 |
[40:01] | Ha! | 哈! |
[40:03] | Hey, nobody told me we were having a barbecue. | 嘿,没有人告诉过我我们今天要吃烤肉 |
[40:09] | Hey. | 嘿 |
[40:10] | How’d it go? | 怎么样了? |
[40:12] | Well, the father confessed to everything. | 父亲承认了所有的事情 |
[40:13] | He even told us where he buried Gloria Soto. | 他甚至告诉了我们埋葬Gloria Soto的地方 |
[40:16] | Congratulations. | 祝贺你 |
[40:18] | Oh, I guess there’s good news all around. | 哦,我想到处都是好消息 |
[40:20] | I had an interesting call. | 我接到了一个很有意思的电话 |
[40:22] | It seems they’re having a hard time filling Andrew’s position, | 看起来他们要找一个填补Andrew的位置的人非常难 |
[40:24] | and guess what? | 猜猜怎么样? |
[40:26] | They want me to interview for the job. | 他们要我参加这个位置的面试 |
[40:29] | Way to go, Emperor! | 那太好了,我的国王! |
[40:33] | I’m going to go change; I’ll be right back. | 我去换衣服;马上回来 |
[40:35] | Hey! Hey! | 嘿!嘿! |
[40:42] | See? Everything works out for the best. | 看?所有的事情都完美解决 |
[40:48] | Apparently. | 很明显 |
[40:48] | Thanks, I guess. | 我想,谢谢你 |
[40:50] | Ah, one thing, though. | 啊,只有一件事情 |
[40:52] | Um, that firm of theirs, that Gossamer thing? | 嗯,他们的公司,那个Gossamer? |
[40:56] | It’s actually going to be a success. | 事实上会很成功 |
[40:58] | It’s actually going to do all right. | 事实上一切都会很不错 |
[41:00] | Not, not huge, | 不,不是巨大的 |
[41:01] | but… all right. | 但…还不错 |
[41:04] | What? I don’t understand. | 什么?我不明白 |
[41:07] | Well, I just didn’t want you to see it happen later and get angry with me. | 我只是不想你看到以后发生的事情并迁怒于我 |
[41:12] | I mean, like I said, everything works out for the best. | 我是说,就像我所说的,所有的事情都完美解决 |
[41:16] | Well, wait a second. | 等等 |
[41:16] | Now I’m not so sure it has. | 现在我可并不那么确定了 |
[41:18] | Trust me. If he took that partnership, | 相信我.如果他选择了当合伙人 |
[41:21] | he’d spend the next 12 years working 70-hour weeks. | 他在未来12年中都会每周工作70个小时 |
[41:25] | And he’d have told himself that he was doing it for you, | 他会对他自己说他都是为了你而那么做 |
[41:28] | for the kids. | 为了孩子们 |
[41:29] | And he wouldn’t have known that he was losing you guys until it was too late. | 而他并不知道他会失去你们直到为时已晚 |
[41:34] | Are you crazy? Lose us? | 你疯了吗?失去我们? |
[41:36] | Joe could never lose us. | Joe永远不会失去我们 |
[41:38] | Uh, not all at once. | 呃,不是突然地 |
[41:41] | It happens gradually. | 是慢慢地失去 |
[41:42] | Late night by late night, | 一晚连着一晚 |
[41:44] | weekend by weekend. | 一周接着一周 |
[41:45] | Before you know it, | 在你知道之前 |
[41:47] | you miss a birthday, | 你错过了一次生日 |
[41:49] | then an anniversary. | 然后是周年纪念 |
[41:51] | And then one day your kid is packing up to go to off to college, | 慢慢的某天你们的孩子整理行装去上大学 |
[41:55] | and you realize you’re saying good-bye to a stranger. | 而你意识到你要对一个陌生人说再见了 |
[41:58] | So you thought Joe was going to turn into you? | 所以你觉得Joe会变成你一样? |
[42:01] | I knew he was. I saw it. | 我知道他会的,我看见了 |
[42:04] | No, you’re wrong. | 不,你错了 |
[42:05] | It wouldn’t have happened that way. | 事情不会那样发生的 |
[42:07] | Joe is not like you. | Joe不像你 |
[42:08] | And I don’t care. | 我不介意 |
[42:10] | Joe and I are grownups. | Joe和我都是成年人 |
[42:12] | We have the right to know the truth. | 我们有权力知道真相 |
[42:14] | That was our risk to take. | 那是我们要去冒的风险 |
[42:16] | I don’t know. It’s 1:00 on a Saturday afternoon. | 我不知道.现在是星期六下午1:00 |
[42:20] | You’re home. He’s home. | 你在家.他也在家 |
[42:23] | The burgers are almost ready. | 烤肉都已经准备好了 |
[42:26] | And your little girls have cards stuck to their foreheads. | 你的孩子们正在玩把牌沾在额头上的游戏 |
[42:36] | Days like this– why would you risk them for anything? | 像这样的日子–你为什么要拿它们来冒险呢? |