时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:00] | There’s you and me And all of the people with nothing to do | |
[00:08] | Nothing to lose and it’s you and me | |
[00:15] | Damn. | 他妈的 |
[00:19] | Toby! Stop! | Toby!停下! |
[01:23] | Cock-a-doodle-do. | 喔-喔–喔 |
[01:26] | Cock-a-doodle who? | 对谁喔-喔–喔叫? |
[01:28] | Never mind. I take that back. | 算了,我收回我说的话 |
[01:30] | It’s way too early for this kind of talk. | 现在对于这种谈话来说太早了些 |
[01:33] | Do you know that it’s barely 5:00? | 你知不知道现在才刚5:00? |
[01:36] | I know. | 我知道 |
[01:40] | Is that a grocery list? | 那是食品清单吗? |
[01:44] | Kind of. | 差不多 |
[01:44] | It’s a list of things Ariel thinks she needs for her slumber party tomorrow night. | 一张Ariel想为她明天晚上的睡眠派对 所需物品的列表 |
[01:49] | Rice cakes, sunflower seeds? What? | 年糕,向日葵种子?什么东西? |
[01:52] | Ariel’s trying to make friends with this girl named Celeste | Ariel试图和这个对麸质物品过敏的名为Celeste的女孩 |
[01:54] | who is allergic to gluten. | 交朋友 |
[01:58] | This is why you’re up so early? | 这就是起的那么早的原因? |
[02:02] | No. | 不 |
[02:03] | I hit a girl with my car. | 我开车撞了一个女孩 |
[02:06] | In a dream. | 在梦里 |
[02:08] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[02:12] | Was anyone else with you? | 还有谁和你在一起吗? |
[02:15] | No. | 没有 |
[02:16] | Was it nighttime, daytime? | 是晚上还是白天? |
[02:19] | It was night. | 是晚上 |
[02:21] | Any idea where the street might have been? | 大概会是在哪里的街道呢? |
[02:23] | What do you mean? Like a name? | 你是说什么意思?像是街道的名字? |
[02:24] | A name would be good. | 有名字那是最好了 |
[02:28] | Well, I remember I felt like it was that area | 好吧,我记得我感觉那是一片 |
[02:31] | near the hospital where all those houses are. | 靠近医院的地方,那里有很多房子 |
[02:34] | Okay, this is easy. | 好的,这就简单了 |
[02:35] | I’m glad you feel so relieved. | 我很高兴你能那么放心 |
[02:38] | Let’s just agree, from now until the end of time, | 我们来达成一致,从现在开始直到结束 |
[02:40] | that you don’t drive alone at night | 你不要在晚上单独开车 |
[02:42] | in that area by the hospital where the houses are. | 在那个靠近医院有很多房子的地方 |
[02:47] | What? You’re upset? | 怎么了?你很担心? |
[02:48] | I’m just frustrated. That’s all. | 我只是很失落,就这样 |
[02:50] | Why? | 为什么? |
[02:52] | We’ve been at this for a while now. | 我们对这个都已经很了解了 |
[02:54] | And? | 然后? |
[02:55] | All this skepticism. | 所有这些都只是怀疑论 |
[02:56] | This isn’t skepticism. | 这不是怀疑论 |
[02:58] | This is the exact opposite of skepticism. | 这正好和怀疑论相反 |
[03:01] | This is absolute conviction followed by– | 这个是绝对确信无疑的– |
[03:03] | and this is the important part– | 也是很重要的部分– |
[03:04] | by completely logical plan of action. | 完全合乎逻辑的行动计划 |
[03:07] | Really? | 真的? |
[03:08] | Truly. | 真的 |
[03:08] | It’s like that joke. | 就像那个笑话所说的 |
[03:09] | The guy walks in to the doctor’s office, he says, “Hey, Doc, | 有个家伙走进了医生的办公室,他说,”嘿,医生 |
[03:11] | “my arm hurts when I raise it like this.” And the doctor says, | “我那么抬起来的时候胳膊非常疼”.然后那个医生就说 |
[03:14] | “Fine. Don’t raise it like that.” | “那简单,只要不要那么抬起来就好了” |
[03:16] | We can’t stop the night from coming, | 我们不能阻止晚上的到来 |
[03:18] | we can’t stop the girl from stepping out into the road. | 我们不能阻止女孩从路上冲出来 |
[03:21] | But if you’re not in the road in your car, | 但如果你没有在那条路上开车 |
[03:23] | you’re not gonna hit her. | 你就不会撞到她 |
[03:24] | Allison, smile, for God’s sake. | Allison,拜托,笑一下 |
[03:26] | This is a tragedy we can absolutely avoid. | 这个是我们绝对可以避免的悲剧 |
[03:29] | This is a gift. | 这是上帝赐予的礼物 |
[03:31] | Now I say we celebrate… | 现在我说我们回到床上… |
[03:33] | back in bed. | 来庆祝吧 |
[03:40] | Would you like me to check your oil? | 你要我帮你检查你的油吗? |
[03:42] | You’re kidding me. | 你在开玩笑吧 |
[03:43] | You guys still do that? | 你们还在做这种工作吗? |
[03:44] | Well, you’re at the full service island, Miss. | 你现在在全业务区域,小姐 |
[03:48] | Damn it. | 该死 |
[03:51] | So would you like me to check something? | 那么你要我帮你检查什么东西吗? |
[03:53] | I don’t know, no. | 我不知道,不用吧 |
[03:55] | Oh, wait a second. | 哦,等等 |
[04:04] | Morning. | 早上好 |
[04:05] | Morning. I’m not sure if you’re even open yet, | 早上好.我不确定你们是否已经开门营业了 |
[04:07] | but, uh, I was just hoping to get a cup of coffee | 但是,呃,我只是希望能买杯咖啡 |
[04:10] | while they put in a new headlight for me across the street. | 他们正在街道对面帮我安装一个新的车前灯 |
[04:13] | Yeah, right this way. | 好的,这里走 |
[04:52] | Stop it. | 不要这样 |
[04:57] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[05:15] | James? | |
[05:23] | James! | |
[05:31] | Nadine. | |
[05:34] | What are you doing? | 你在做什么? |
[05:37] | Did you call the broker? | 你打电话给经纪人了吗? |
[05:40] | No, I did not call the broker. | 不,我没有打电话给经纪人 |
[05:45] | It just did it again in the bathroom. | 那就在浴室再打一次 |
[05:48] | Nadine. | |
[05:50] | There’s no water and the lights flickered on and off. | 那里没有水,灯也一闪一闪的 |
[05:53] | It is an old house. | 这是幢老房子 |
[06:02] | There’s water now. | 现在有水了 |
[06:07] | There’s water. | 有水的 |
[06:12] | I want to move. | 我要搬家 |
[06:15] | Nadine, please. | Nadine,拜托 |
[06:19] | I can’t live like this, James. | 我不能住在这种地方,James |
[06:22] | I just… | 我只是… |
[06:25] | I can’t. | 我不能 |
[06:32] | I think I need to tell someone. | 我想我需要告诉别人 |
[06:41] | Tell someone what exactly? | 告诉别人什么东西? |
[06:46] | Tell someone what? | 告诉别人什么? |
[06:54] | Tell someone what? | 告诉别人什么? |
[07:00] | Tell someone what?! | 告诉别人什么?! |
[07:02] | What?! | 什么?! |
[07:03] | Here you go. | 你的咖啡 |
[07:07] | Oh, thank you. | 哦,谢谢 |
[07:27] | Pardon me. | 对不起 |
[07:28] | I don’t mean to trouble you, | 我不是要打扰你 |
[07:29] | but would you mind if I stole some of your artificial sweetener? | 但你是否介意我拿你这里的一些甜味素? |
[07:33] | Excuse me? | 对不起? |
[07:35] | Sweetener. | 甜味素 |
[07:35] | I don’t have any at my table. | 我的桌子上没有 |
[07:41] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[07:42] | Sure. | 不客气 |
[07:49] | Was there something else? | 还有什么事情吗? |
[07:52] | Are you all right? | 你还好吗? |
[07:56] | I’m sorry. I don’t mean to pry. | 对不起,我没有探究的意思 |
[07:58] | It’s just… | 只是… |
[08:02] | You know what? | 你知道吗? |
[08:06] | In case you change your mind. | 如果你改变你的心意的话 |
[08:11] | The District Attorney’s office? | 检察官办公室? |
[08:15] | Crying in public against the law? | 就因为在公众场所哭泣是违法的? |
[08:18] | No, no, of course not. | 不,不,当然不是 |
[08:22] | I’m sorry. | 对不起 |
[08:23] | You’re trying to be nice, | 你人很好 |
[08:24] | and I’m not playing along. | 但我并不想配合你 |
[08:28] | Let me pay for your coffee. | 让我帮你付钱吧 |
[08:29] | No, no, no. You don’t have to do that. | 不,不,不,你不需要那么做 |
[08:31] | But I’d like to. | 但我喜欢 |
[08:33] | Well, it’s my birthday in a couple of days. | 几天后就是我的生日了 |
[08:36] | I’d like to do something nice for somebody. | 我很愿意帮某人做些好事 |
[08:43] | Enjoy your coffee. | 享用你的咖啡吧 |
[08:47] | Try not to trip on the sugar when you sit back down. | 你坐回去的时候小心不要被糖绊倒了 |
[08:51] | All I’m saying is I should have gotten her name, that’s all. | 我想说我应该得到她的名字,就这样 |
[08:54] | It was stupid of me. | 我真笨 |
[08:57] | What would you have done if you had gotten her name? | 如果你有了她的名字你要怎么做? |
[08:59] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[09:00] | Run it through the computer at work. | 上班的时候在电脑中查一下 |
[09:02] | See if there was ever a police report, | 看看是否有什么警察记录 |
[09:04] | see if she ever filed a restraining order. | 看看她是否是在需要逮捕的行列 |
[09:06] | Did you get tofu? | 你买豆腐了吗? |
[09:08] | I got it. | 我买了 |
[09:09] | Tofu? | 豆腐? |
[09:11] | Celeste likes it on her pizza. | Celeste喜欢匹萨上有豆腐 |
[09:13] | Yum. | 嗯 |
[09:14] | Who’s this Celeste? | 这个Celeste是谁? |
[09:15] | I don’t remember you ever having mentioned her before. | 我不记得你以前有提起过她 |
[09:17] | She’s a new girl at school. | 她是学校的新生 |
[09:19] | Her family just moved here from New York. | 她的家庭刚刚从纽约搬过来 |
[09:20] | I really like her. | 我真的很喜欢她 |
[09:22] | She’s traveled everywhere and knows everything about everything. | 她到所有的地方旅行过,知道所有的事情 |
[09:31] | Hello? | 哈罗? |
[09:31] | Allison, it’s Lee Scanlon. Did I wake you? | Allison,我是Lee Scanlon.我吵醒你了吗? |
[09:34] | It’s okay. | 没事 |
[09:35] | Do you know somebody named Nadine Massey? | 你认识一个叫Nadine Massey的人吗? |
[09:38] | Nadine Massey. | |
[09:40] | No, never heard of her. | 不,从来没有听说过她 |
[09:42] | She’s not a friend of yours, | 她不是你的朋友 |
[09:43] | someone you met through work, maybe? | 或许是你在工作中曾经碰到的某个人? |
[09:45] | I don’t think so. | 我不这么认为 |
[09:48] | Any idea why she might have your business card? | 那她为什么会有你的名片? |
[09:51] | Wait, yeah, I might have met her yesterday. | 等等,是的.我或许在昨天遇见过她 |
[09:54] | What’s going on? Is she okay? | 发生什么事了?她还好吧? |
[09:56] | “Okay” is not an adjective I’d use, no. | “还好”不事我常用的形容词.不,她不好 |
[10:06] | So their names are Hannah, | 所以她们的名字是Hannah |
[10:07] | Celeste and Ashley. | Celeste和Ashley |
[10:09] | No, I know Hannah. | 不,我知道认识Hannah. |
[10:11] | They’re not due here till 3:00, and I will absolutely be back before then, | 她们在3:00之前是不会来这里的,我绝对会在那之前回来 |
[10:14] | so don’t worry. | 所以不要担心 |
[10:15] | I believe you. | 我相信你 |
[10:17] | I need to know if it’s her. | 我需要知道是不是她 |
[10:19] | No, I know. | 是的,我知道 |
[10:21] | Like I was supposed to meet her, | 就像我应该遇见她 |
[10:22] | like I was supposed to help her, and I didn’t. | 就像我应该去帮她,但我没有 |
[10:24] | Al, give yourself a break. | Al,给你自己喘口气的时间 |
[10:26] | You only met this woman for five minutes. | 你只有碰到这个女人5分钟 |
[10:29] | I know. | 我知道 |
[10:32] | Husband says he fell asleep on the sofa watching television. | 丈夫说他在沙发上看电视的时候睡着了 |
[10:35] | When he woke up around 3:00 and went to the bedroom, | 当他在3:00左右醒来的时候,他走进卧室 |
[10:37] | he found his wife dead on the floor. | 发现他的妻子死在地板上 |
[10:38] | Gunshot wound to the right temple. | 枪伤就正对着太阳穴 |
[10:40] | He didn’t hear the gunshot? | 他没有听见枪声? |
[10:42] | That’s what he says. | 那是他说的 |
[10:43] | Terrace doors were open, but there’s no sign of an intruder. | 房顶平台的门是打开的,但没有入侵者的痕迹 |
[10:47] | The gun was on the floor next to her. | 枪就在她旁边的地板上 |
[10:49] | Husband says that he kept it in the bedroom safe. | 丈夫说他把枪保存在卧室的保险箱里面 |
[10:51] | Guy says he loved his wife like the dickens. | 那个家伙说他就像魔鬼一样爱他的妻子 |
[10:54] | That she was admittedly the high-strung type, | 而她是属于那种公认的容易紧张的人 |
[10:56] | prone to hysteria. | 倾向于歇斯底里 |
[10:57] | He seems devastated but not all that surprised she decided to end it all. | 他看起来很颓废但对她的自杀并不感到惊讶 |
[11:01] | You don’t seem so convinced. | 你看起来并不那么确信 |
[11:03] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[11:05] | I guess I’m a little surprised she’d choose to use a gun when there’s | 我想我有一点惊讶她选择使用枪来自杀 |
[11:08] | enough tranquilizers in the house to take down Shamu. | 而当屋子中有足够可以杀死杀人鲸的安眠药的时候 |
[11:12] | Want to hear something really strange? | 想听一些真的很奇怪的事情吗? |
[11:17] | The last few days, | 最后的几天 |
[11:19] | she actually seemed happy. | 她看起来真的很高兴 |
[11:22] | Happy? | 高兴? |
[11:24] | Well… | 好吧l… |
[11:26] | I mean, happier than she’d been… | 我是说,比她… |
[11:29] | in a long time. | 在之前的很长一段时间都快乐 |
[11:33] | At least it seemed that way to me. I don’t know. | 至少我是这么看的.我不知道 |
[11:38] | Maybe it was actually relief. | 或许这真的是一种解脱 |
[11:42] | Making the decision… | 作出决定… |
[11:45] | knowing… | 知道… |
[11:47] | that it’ll all be over soon. | 所有一切都会很快结束 |
[12:06] | I appreciate you taking the time to speak with us. | 我很高兴你花时间跟我们交谈 |
[12:10] | May have to speak with you again in the next few days. | 或许在之后的几天还必须要跟你说些事情 |
[12:14] | By all means, Detective. | 一定的,侦探 |
[12:17] | Daddy, what beats two pairs? | 爸爸,什么比两对要大? |
[12:19] | Uh, three of a kind. | 呃,三张相同的牌 |
[12:20] | Hey, hey, you. | 嘿,嘿,你 |
[12:23] | Who wants popcorn? | 谁要爆米花? |
[12:24] | Oh, I do, I do, I do! | 哦,我要,我要,我要! |
[12:27] | – Want popcorn? – Yeah. | – 要爆米花吗? – 好的 |
[12:28] | Thank you very much. | 非常感谢 |
[12:30] | Daddy, what beats three of a kind? | 爸爸,哪个比三张相同的牌大? |
[12:31] | A full house. | full house(三张相同的牌和两张相同的牌) |
[12:33] | I see your melon. | 我看见你的瓜了 |
[12:34] | I’ll raise you a cherry. | 我再出一个樱桃 |
[12:36] | Wait, you’ve got a full house? | 等等,你有Full House? |
[12:38] | I quit. | 我退出 |
[12:39] | Fold, Celeste. You mean you fold. | 掩牌,Celeste.你应该说掩牌 |
[12:42] | Yeah, I fold, too. | 是的,我也掩牌 |
[12:43] | Okay, uh, anybody else need anything? | 好吧,呃,还有谁需要什么东西? |
[12:45] | Everybody okay? | 大家还好吧? |
[12:46] | No, we’re okay. | 是的,我们很好 |
[12:48] | All right. | 好的 |
[12:48] | So we’re heading back to the bedroom for a hot game of Hungry Hungry Hippos. | 那么我们要回卧室去玩饥饿饥饿的河马的热情游戏 |
[12:52] | Hungry Hungry Hippos! | 饥饿饥饿的河马! |
[12:53] | Um, holler if you need me to float you a loan. | 嗯,如果你需要我给你增添赌注的时候就叫我 |
[12:56] | Yes, Daddy. | 好的,爸爸 |
[12:57] | Thanks, Mr. Dubois. | 谢谢你,Dubois先生 |
[12:59] | This is no fun. You always win. | 这一点都不好玩.你总是赢 |
[13:03] | Well, I’m sorry. I can’t help it. | 对不起.我可不能阻止 |
[13:05] | She’s just lucky. | 她只是运气好 |
[13:06] | That’s all. | 就这样 |
[13:07] | Well, I want to do something else, something fun. | 我想做些别的事情,一些好玩的事 |
[13:11] | You don’t have a swimming pool or an X-box or anything. | 你没有游泳池或X-box(微软出的一种游戏机)之类的东西 |
[13:14] | Your house is no fun. | 你的家里一点都不好玩 |
[13:16] | Well, I’m sorry. | 对不起 |
[13:18] | It’s okay. You can’t help that you’re boring. | 没关系.那就不得不继续厌烦你了 |
[13:23] | Well, how about we play… | 好吧,那我们来玩… |
[13:25] | Tomorrows? | 未来? |
[13:28] | Tomorrows? | 未来? |
[13:30] | Oh, God, | 哦,上帝 |
[13:31] | she’s really good at this. | 她可真的很擅长这个 |
[13:35] | Three of diamonds. | 方块3 |
[13:37] | That’s a good card. | 是张好牌 |
[13:39] | A lucky card. | 一张幸运的牌 |
[13:41] | There’s a boy you like. | 有一个你喜欢的男孩 |
[13:45] | Robert… | |
[13:47] | Bobby… | |
[13:48] | Bobby Soames? | |
[13:51] | He’ll call you tomorrow. | 他明天会打电话给你 |
[13:52] | Who’s Bobby Soames? | 谁是Bobby Soames? |
[13:54] | He’s a friend of my brother’s. | 他是我哥哥的一个朋友 |
[13:56] | He doesn’t even go to our school. | 他还没有转到我们学校 |
[13:58] | How did you know? | 你怎么知道? |
[13:59] | I told you, | 我告诉过你 |
[14:00] | she’s really good at this. | 她真的很擅长这个 |
[14:01] | Do me. Do me. | 该我了,该我了 |
[14:02] | Okay. | 好的 |
[14:06] | Five of spades. | 黑桃5. |
[14:07] | Not so lucky. | 没那么幸运了 |
[14:10] | What? | 什么? |
[14:13] | Something’s going to happento your left ankle. | 你的左脚踝会出一些问题 |
[14:17] | What are you talking about? | 你在说什么? |
[14:20] | Maybe I’m wrong. | 或许我错了 |
[14:21] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[14:22] | You knew about Bobby Soames. | 但你知道Bobby Soames的一些事情 |
[14:25] | I’d stay off that ankle. | 我可要远离那个脚踝了 |
[14:28] | Okay, my turn. | 好的,轮到我了 |
[14:30] | Wait a second. | 等等 |
[14:31] | I’m the new friend. | 我是新朋友 |
[14:33] | I’m the guest. Do me again. | 我是客人.我再来一次 |
[14:41] | The queen of hearts. | 红心Q |
[14:42] | I like that one. | 我喜欢那个 |
[14:46] | What’s the matter? | 怎么了? |
[14:48] | Tell me what it means. | 告诉我是什么意思 |
[14:54] | You’re not going to tell me? | 你不打算告诉我? |
[14:57] | It doesn’t mean anything. | 没什么意思 |
[15:00] | Um, it just basically says that I can only give one fortune at a time. | 嗯,基本上只能说我每次只能给出一次命运 |
[15:07] | And that’s it? | 就这样? |
[15:08] | What is that, like, a rule or something? | 那是什么意思,就像,是种规则还是什么的? |
[15:10] | That’s no fun. | 一点都不好玩 |
[15:13] | I don’t want to play this anymore. This is stupid. | 我不想再玩这个了,这真的很愚蠢 |
[15:16] | But what about my tomorrow? | 但我明天会怎么样呢? |
[15:18] | Girls, I’m home! | 孩子们,我回来了! |
[15:20] | That’s my mom. She said she’d bring home some pizza and some movies. | 那是我的妈妈.她说过会带回家一些匹萨和一些电影的 |
[15:33] | Hi. | 嗨 |
[15:36] | Sorry, honey. Did I wake you? | 对不起,亲爱的,我吵醒你了吗? |
[15:39] | No. | 没有 |
[15:41] | I just can’t sleep. | 我只是睡不着 |
[15:44] | Excited, huh? | 兴奋,嗯? |
[15:46] | I guess. | 我想是的 |
[15:50] | Everybody having a good time? | 大家都玩的很开心吗? |
[15:52] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[15:55] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[15:58] | Honey, you’re not sorry you had everybody over, are you? | 亲爱的,你是不是担心没有让大家都很开心,是吗? |
[16:03] | No. | 不是 |
[16:04] | Honey, I’m sure it’s going a lot better than you think. | 亲爱的,我确信一切都会比你想的要好 |
[16:09] | I’m just sorry I wasn’t here when everyone got here. | 我只是很抱歉大家都到的时候我不在 |
[16:12] | That’s okay. You had to work. | 没关系,你要工作 |
[16:26] | 12 is hard. | 12岁是很困苦的 |
[16:29] | 38 is harder. | 38岁的时候更困苦 |
[16:32] | That’s why it’s important to practice when you’re 12. | 所以你在12岁的时候努力锻炼就很重要 |
[16:35] | What’s going on? | 怎么了? |
[16:36] | Ariel is upset about something. | Ariel为了一些事情很不开心 |
[16:39] | Anything serious? | 发生什么严重的事情? |
[16:41] | Everything’s serious when you’re 12. | 你12岁的时候所有的事情都很严重 |
[16:44] | I just felt badly I wasn’t home earlier this afternoon. | 我只是感到今天下午没有早点回家很恶劣 |
[16:47] | By the time I left that lady’s house, | 在我离开那个女士的房子后 |
[16:49] | rented the videos, | 去租了录影带 |
[16:50] | went to the pizza place and waited for one | 然后去了匹萨店等一个 |
[16:52] | gluten-free crust, please, | 大量麸质外壳的匹萨 |
[16:55] | headed home, | 带回家 |
[16:57] | it was already dark. | 天已经黑了 |
[16:58] | And suddenly there’s the hospital, so I panic. | 突然出现一个医院,所以我很恐慌 |
[17:00] | I turn around, and I take all the back roads home. | 我调转头,绕远路回到家 |
[17:03] | Did you hit anyone? | 你撞到谁了吗? |
[17:05] | Not that I noticed. | 我注意了没有 |
[17:07] | Then stop beating yourself up. | 那就不要再打击你自己了 |
[17:10] | I was here, and I did a magnificent job. | 我在这里,我做着一份高尚的工作 |
[17:14] | You refuse to have a serious conversation with me. | 你拒绝和我进行一次严肃的谈话 |
[17:18] | Shoot me; I’m in a good mood. | 打击我;我现在心情很好 |
[17:20] | Oh, that must be nice. | 哦,那一定非常好 |
[17:23] | Sorry, but I refuse to contribute to the celebration | 对不起,但我拒绝捐献出对发生 |
[17:26] | of everything that is wrong with Allison Dubois. | 在Allison Dubois身上所有不好事情的庆祝 |
[17:29] | Yes, our 12-year-old, | 是的,我们12岁的孩子 |
[17:30] | after being allowed to stay up way past her bedtime with her three friends, | 在被允许过了上床时间还不睡觉之后,和3个她的朋友一起玩 |
[17:34] | and after eating enough food to choke a horse and drinking stuff which in | 在吃了足够塞满一匹马的东西和喝了在其它国家 |
[17:38] | other countries is probably used to take the paint off of airplanes, | 或许用来涂飞机的颜料的饮料后 |
[17:41] | probably isn’t feeling 100%, | 或许并没有感觉100%的完美 |
[17:43] | and I’m sure that that’s your fault. | 而我确信那是你的过错 |
[17:45] | That’s not what I’m talking about. | 这不是我要讨论的 |
[17:46] | And some woman that you met completely by chance yesterday, | 还有那个昨天你完全偶尔碰到的某个女人 |
[17:48] | and whose name you didn’t even know until this morning, | 那个你直到今天早上才知道名字的人 |
[17:50] | who was bound and determined to take her own life, | 那个被困住并决定自杀的女人 |
[17:53] | took her own life, | 自杀了 |
[17:54] | and I’m sure that that was your fault, too. | 而我确信那也是你的过错 |
[17:57] | Look, I know you’re trying to cheer me up. | 看,我知道你正在设法让我振作 |
[17:59] | And my personal favorite: | 我个人最喜欢的是: |
[18:00] | a girl that you hit with your car in a dream– | 那个你在梦中开车撞到的女孩– |
[18:02] | which, by the way, | 那个,顺便说 |
[18:03] | means you didn’t really hit her– | 说明你并没有真的撞到她– |
[18:05] | why don’t you get a head start on that and get upset about that now rather | 你为什么不对那个感到吃惊,并觉得说要等到 |
[18:08] | than wait and see if and when it actually does happen? | 看它是否会真的发生而感到很心烦呢? |
[18:10] | Are you through? | 你说完了? |
[18:11] | No, I’m making a point. | 不,我正在作出一个结论 |
[18:16] | Yes, I’m in a good mood. | 是的,我心情很好 |
[18:17] | Every loudmouthed girl in this house– | 每个在这幢房子种吼叫的女孩– |
[18:20] | half of them are ours– | 有一半是我们的孩子– |
[18:21] | are finally asleep. | 终于都睡着了 |
[18:23] | Tomorrow is Sunday, | 明天是星期天 |
[18:24] | which means that I don’t have to go to work. | 表示我不需要去上班 |
[18:26] | And lastly… | 最后… |
[18:28] | I don’t know if you’ve noticed, | 我不知道你是否有注意到 |
[18:30] | but this whole damn place smells like s’mores. | 但这个该死的地方闻起来都像是即食脆香米 |
[18:34] | So, sorry, baby, I refuse to be depressed, | 所以,对不起,亲爱的,我拒绝沮丧 |
[18:36] | and that means I refuse to let you be depressed, either. | 那也就表示我拒绝让你也变得沮丧 |
[18:43] | Wow, that’s the same speech I just gave Ariel. | 哇哦,那和我刚才跟Ariel的讲演如出一辙 |
[18:45] | See? | 看见了吧? |
[18:47] | Mediocre minds think alike. | 普通人的心情都是一样的 |
[19:00] | I think I need to tell someone. | 我觉得我需要告诉别人 |
[19:08] | Tell someone what exactly? | 告诉别人什么东西? |
[19:13] | Tell someone what? | 告诉别人什么? |
[19:21] | Tell someone what?! | 告诉别人什么?! |
[19:28] | Tell someone what?! | 告诉别人什么?! |
[19:30] | What?! | 什么?! |
[19:33] | Never mind. | 没什么 |
[20:11] | James? | |
[20:13] | James?! | |
[20:20] | Please stop. | 请不要这样 |
[20:30] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[20:31] | Did you ever see a dream walking? | |
[20:35] | Well, I did | |
[20:39] | Did you ever hear a dream talking? | |
[20:42] | Well, I did. | |
[20:45] | Did you ever have a dream thrill you? | |
[20:50] | With “Will you be mine?” | |
[21:00] | Did you ever see a dream dancing? | |
[21:04] | Well, I did | |
[21:07] | Did you ever see a dream romancing? | |
[21:10] | James? | |
[21:11] | Well, I did | |
[21:12] | James! Make it stop! | James! 让这个停下来! |
[21:17] | James! James! | |
[21:23] | Nadine! | |
[21:42] | Hey, you. | 嘿,亲爱的 |
[21:44] | Hey. | 嘿 |
[21:46] | Did you have a good class? | 你上课还不错吧? |
[21:48] | Yeah. Can we just go, please? | 是的,我们能走了吗,拜托? |
[21:50] | Okay, did you say good-bye to… | 好的,你有没有说再见… |
[21:52] | Yes. Can we please just go? | 是的.我们能不能走了? |
[21:57] | So, anybody in school say anything about your party? | 那么,学校种有没有人说起你的派对呢? |
[22:01] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[22:02] | I guess. | 我想是吧 |
[22:04] | Did they have fun? | 她们玩的开心吗? |
[22:04] | Did the girls have a good time? | 孩子们都玩的很开心? |
[22:06] | Yes, Mom. | 是的,妈妈 |
[22:07] | Everyone had fun. | 每个人都很开心 |
[22:08] | Now can we please not discuss it? | 我们现在可以不要再讨论这个了吗? |
[22:12] | Okay. | 好的 |
[22:20] | At the slumber party, | 在睡觉的时候 |
[22:23] | just for fun, | 只是为了好玩 |
[22:25] | I kind of started telling everyone their future. | 我有点像是在告诉她们的未来 |
[22:29] | Okay. | 好的 |
[22:30] | It was easy. | 这很简单 |
[22:31] | I just thought things in my head and I… | 我只是在我脑子种想着事情然后我… |
[22:35] | I said them out loud. | 我把它们说出来 |
[22:36] | And I knew the stuff I thought would make them like me. | 我知道我想的东西会让她们都喜欢我 |
[22:41] | I knew Celeste would want to know that the boy she likes would call her. | 我知道Celeste会想知道那个她喜欢的男孩子会打电话给她 |
[22:46] | And then I started thinking that Ashley would sprain her ankle. | 然后我开始想Ashley会扭伤她的脚踝 |
[22:51] | Did you say anything? | 你说什么了吗? |
[22:54] | But then I thought something worse. | 但接着我想到了一些很不好的事情 |
[22:56] | About Ashley? | 关于Ashley? |
[22:58] | About Celeste. | 关于Celeste |
[23:00] | She was older, | 她长大后 |
[23:01] | like in high school, | 像是在高中 |
[23:03] | and she was in the hospital, | 她在医院里 |
[23:06] | and she was really, really sick. | 她病的非常,非常严重 |
[23:10] | She had tubes going into her and she couldn’t breathe, | 有根管子伸到她身体里,她不能呼吸 |
[23:14] | and there was a minister standing there… waiting. | 有个人站在那里…等着 |
[23:19] | And it just made me so sad. | 这让我很难过 |
[23:24] | Then I go to dance class, | 然后我去了舞蹈课 |
[23:26] | and Ashley sprains her ankle. | Ashley扭伤了她的脚踝 |
[23:29] | And… Celeste told me about Bobby calling. | 然后… Celeste告诉我关于Bobby的电话 |
[23:35] | Do you think this means that Celeste will get sick? | 你觉得这代表Celeste会生病吗? |
[23:42] | Wait a minute. What did you say? | 等等.你对她说什么了? |
[23:43] | I told her not to tell anybody. | 我告诉她不要告诉任何人 |
[23:44] | I said a lot of times that I’m wrong. | 我说很多时候我都是错的 |
[23:47] | There’s nothing to do but wait, | 除了等待之外没有什么可以做的 |
[23:48] | and she can always talk to me and I’d wait with her. | 而她随时可以跟我谈谈,我会一直等着她的 |
[23:51] | That’s it? | 就这些? |
[23:52] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[23:53] | I was pretty proud of myself. | 我为自己感到非常骄傲 |
[23:54] | I thought that was a pretty good answer. | 我觉得那是一个非常漂亮的回答 |
[23:56] | I’m not so sure it is. | 我不确定 |
[23:58] | I’m not so sure that we don’t owe this girl’s parents a call. | 我不确定我们是否需要给这个女孩的父母打个电话 |
[24:01] | And say what? | 说什么呢? |
[24:03] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[24:04] | “Take your kid to a doctor. | “带你的孩子去看医生 |
[24:06] | Have her tested.” | 检查一下她的身体” |
[24:07] | We don’t know that whatever she’s suffering from in this vision isn’t preventable. | 我们不知道她从这场幻像种看到的是否是可预防的 |
[24:11] | We don’t know anything. | 我们不知道任何事情 |
[24:12] | This is Ariel we’re talking about. | 我们讨论的可是Ariel |
[24:14] | Yeah, but she got the other two predictions right, didn’t she? | 是啊,但她的确做出了两次正确的预言,不是吗? |
[24:16] | Excuse me? You want to call this girl’s parents and say, “Hi. | 对不起?你想打电话给这个女孩的父母说,”嗨 |
[24:19] | “My daughter Ariel Dubois had a vision that your daughter was | “我的女儿Ariel Dubois看到了一个幻像,你们的女儿 |
[24:21] | fighting for her life in the hospital”? | 正在医院和为她自己的生命而做着斗争 |
[24:23] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[24:24] | Don’t we have an obligation? | 我们没有这种义务吗? |
[24:25] | We have an obligation to our daughter not to do or say anything that makes | 我们对自己的女儿有义务,而不是做任何或说任何事 |
[24:28] | life as a 12-year-old girl any harder than it already is. | 来让12岁的女孩过的比现在更复杂和艰难 |
[24:32] | And you calling this girl’s parents and saying she has visions, | 如果你打电话给了这个女孩的父母并告诉他们她的幻像 |
[24:35] | I don’t see how that’s going to make life in the sixth grade any easier. | 我并不认为这能使6年级女生的生活过的轻松一些 |
[24:41] | Oh, man. | 哦,上帝 |
[24:46] | Oh! | 哦! |
[24:47] | Did I hear someone say Chinese? | 我是否听见有人在说汉语? |
[24:50] | It’s a beautiful night in Phoenix. | 菲尼克斯城美丽的晚上 |
[24:52] | The temperature is around 78 degrees, not a cloud in sight. | 温度在78度左右,万里无云 |
[24:54] | For those of you that love good music, | 给喜欢好音乐的你们大家 |
[24:56] | here’s another pretty song coming at you. | 另外一首美丽的歌 |
[25:05] | What day is it? | |
[25:09] | …this clock now seems so alive | |
[25:15] | I can’t give up ‘Cause I can… | |
[25:21] | Damn. | 该死 |
[25:28] | And you and me And all of the people With nothing to do, Nothing to lose | |
[25:37] | And it’s you and me, And our love of people And I don’t know why… | |
[25:45] | Toby, stop! | Toby, 停下! |
[25:46] | I can’t keep my eyes off of you… | |
[26:06] | Oh, honey, I need to watch the road. | 哦,亲爱的,我需要看着路 |
[26:14] | Happy Birthday to me Happy Birthday to you. | 祝我生日快乐 祝你生日快乐 |
[26:20] | Oh, hey, come on, baby. | 哦,嘿,拜托,亲爱的 |
[26:22] | Let’s wait till we get home, all right? I’ve got a surprise for you. | 让我们到家后再来,好吗? 我有个惊喜要送给你 |
[26:24] | I don’t want to wait. | 我不要等待 |
[26:25] | I want to celebrate. | 我要庆祝 |
[26:27] | Oh, I made a rhyme. | 哦,我做了一首诗 |
[26:35] | Toby! Stop! | Toby!停下! |
[26:46] | Oh, my God. | 哦,上帝 |
[26:47] | Oh, my God. Oh, my God! | 哦,我的上帝. 哦,我的上帝! |
[26:55] | What are you doing? | 你在做什么? |
[26:56] | What are you doing?! Stop the car. | 你在做什么?!把车停下 |
[26:59] | I had two martinis and an Irish coffee. | 我喝了两杯马提尼酒还有一杯爱尔兰咖啡 |
[27:01] | What about you, Nadine? | 你呢,Nadine? |
[27:03] | What? | 什么? |
[27:05] | Do you want me to go to prison, Nadine? | 你希望我被关进监狱吗,Nadine? |
[27:08] | Do you want me to get locked up? | 你希望我被戴上手铐? |
[27:10] | Because we got smashed on your birthday and some girl ran right in front of our car? | 就因为我们在你的生日这天喝醉了 然后有个女孩正好就在我们的车前? |
[27:16] | Our love of people And I don’t know why… | |
[27:20] | We have to call somebody. | 我们必须给别人打电话 |
[27:21] | We have to, we have to tell someone. | 我们必须这么做,我们必须告诉别人 |
[27:23] | She’ll get help. | 她会得到帮助的 |
[27:26] | She’s gonna be fine. | 她会好起来的 |
[27:28] | So will we. | 我们也会 |
[27:29] | Nothing to do… | |
[27:36] | Okay. Sorry, sorry. | 好的.对不起,对不起 |
[27:40] | Yeah, I remember this case. | 是的,我记得这个案子 |
[27:41] | Melanie Davenport. | |
[27:44] | Hit-and-run. | 肇事逃跑 |
[27:45] | You turn up something? | 你发现什么东西了? |
[27:46] | I think the driver was James Massie. | 我觉得那个开车的就是James Massie |
[27:48] | Nadine Massie’s husband. | Nadine Massie的丈夫 |
[27:49] | I think she was in the car when it happened, | 我觉得这个案子发生的时候她就在车里 |
[27:51] | and I think the guilt over what they did drove her to kill herself. | 我还觉得是因为这种罪恶感驱使她杀了自己 |
[27:55] | I mean no disrespect, | 我并没有无礼的意思 |
[27:56] | but does this theory come with any actual evidence? | 但这个理论是否有确凿的证据呢? |
[27:59] | The only eyewitness to the accident was two blocks away and saw a dark four- | 这场意外的唯一的目击者在两个街区之外看见 一辆黑色的四门车 |
[28:02] | door hit Melanie and then speed off. | 撞倒了Melanie并疾驶而去 |
[28:04] | According to DMV records, | 根据州机动车管理厅的记录 |
[28:05] | in 2004, the Massies were driving a green ES. | 在2004年,Massies开的是一辆绿色的ES(一种车型) |
[28:09] | The paint found on Melanie’s clothing matches the paint they used on the ES that year. | 在Melanie衣服上发现的漆的颜色 正是他们那年用在ES上的涂料颜色 |
[28:13] | But not just the ES. | 但不只是ES有 |
[28:15] | Not just the ES, no. | 不只是ES有,是的 |
[28:16] | Well, that’s very thin, Lee. | 那么,这个证据太弱了,Lee |
[28:18] | And do we know where the car is now? | 我们知道这辆车现在在哪里吗? |
[28:19] | Well, according to the DMV, it was reported stolen. | 根据州机动车管理厅称,这辆车被报丢失 |
[28:22] | Don’t tell me it happened the day after the accident? | 不要告诉我就发生在意外后面一天? |
[28:25] | Two, actually. | 事实上,是两天后 |
[28:27] | Report says it disappeared from a mall parking lot while Nadine Massie was Christmas shopping. | 记录上说,车是在Nadine Massie在为圣诞节购物的 时候在购物商场失踪的 |
[28:31] | My hunch? | 我的猜测? |
[28:32] | They drove it to a border town, left it at the curb with the keys in it. | 他们把车开到了边界的某个小镇 把它丢在路边并把钥匙留在了上面 |
[28:35] | It was probably in 10,000 pieces in some Mexican chop shop by nightfall. | 到黄昏的时候,车已经在某个墨西哥人 开的修车店里变成了一万块碎片 |
[28:39] | Well, all this is fascinating, | 好吧,所有这些听起来都很不错 |
[28:42] | but it really falls under the heading of coincidence and speculation. | 但都是受到一些巧合和思考的影响所致 |
[28:45] | I can’t even bring in the guy for questioning based on this. | 我不能就让别的家伙根据这个来质问我 |
[28:48] | Really? | 真的吗? |
[28:48] | ‘Cause I already called and asked him to come down. | 因为我已经打电话把他叫了过来 |
[28:50] | He’s sitting in your conference room right now. | 他现在正坐在你的会议室中 |
[28:53] | What, to discuss his possible involvement in a year-old hit-and-run case? | 什么,来讨论他可能牵涉进的一桩年代久远的肇事逃跑案? |
[28:58] | Yeah, I may have left that part out. | 是啊,我或许把这部分给漏了 |
[29:01] | You… um… you call friends, | 你…嗯…你打电话给朋友 |
[29:09] | relatives, | 相关的朋友 |
[29:11] | first you have to tell them, | 首先你要告诉他们 |
[29:15] | you know, that… | 你知道,那个… |
[29:16] | that she’s gone, | 她已经死了 |
[29:19] | and then, you have to… | 然后,你必须… |
[29:22] | find a way to, um… | 想办法,嗯… |
[29:27] | you know, get to… | 你知道,想出… |
[29:31] | how she left. | 她是如何死的 |
[29:35] | We appreciate you coming down, | 我们很感谢你能过来 |
[29:36] | Mr. Massie. | Massie先生 |
[29:38] | We know how difficult this is for you and we want to bring this to as | 我们知道这对你来说有多么困难 所以我们会尽可能尽快 |
[29:43] | speedy a resolve as possible. | 把这个事情解决 |
[29:45] | Unfortunately, | 不幸的是 |
[29:47] | there was a firearm registered in your name that was involved with your | 在你最近妻子的死亡案件中所牵涉到的枪 |
[29:52] | late wife’s death. | 是以你的名字来注册的 |
[29:53] | I understand. | 我明白 |
[29:56] | You can ask me anything. | 你可以问我任何事情 |
[29:58] | I’m sorry. | 对不起 |
[29:59] | Bit of a cold. | 有一些感冒 |
[30:00] | That’s fine. | 没关系 |
[30:03] | I know that both the detective and Mrs. Dubois have asked you this, | 我知道侦探和Dubois夫人都已经问过你这些问题 |
[30:07] | but do you think there was something specific that precipitated your late | 但你是否想到其它某些特别的原因致使你的妻子突然 |
[30:12] | wife’s desire to take her own life? | 选择自杀呢? |
[30:19] | I’ve racked my brain. | 我的脑子很疼 |
[30:20] | I, um… | 我,嗯… |
[30:24] | Her birthday was coming up. | 她的生日快到了 |
[30:26] | But she was always pretty excited about that. | 但她对此总是非常兴奋 |
[30:31] | You ever own a green 2004 ES, Mr. Massie? | 你曾经有过一辆绿色的2004ES吗?Massie先生? |
[30:37] | I did. | 是的 |
[30:39] | Um, it was stolen. | 嗯,被偷了 |
[30:41] | We have witnesses that possibly put it at the scene of a hit-and-run. | 我们有目击证人说可能在一起肇事逃跑案中看到 |
[30:46] | Okay. Um… well, I mean it was stolen… | 好的,嗯…,我是说它被偷了… |
[30:54] | a while ago. | 刚才说的 |
[30:55] | I think, uh, it’s been almost a year now. | 我想,呃,差不多被偷了1年了 |
[30:59] | We understand that, | 我们明白 |
[31:00] | but this, this hit-and-run I’m referring to | 但这起,这起我提到的肇事逃跑案 |
[31:03] | actually occurred a couple of days before that. | 实际上发生在被偷的几天前 |
[31:06] | Your wife’s birthday, actually. | 实际上,就是你妻子的生日那天 |
[31:11] | 15-year-old girl, | 15岁的女孩 |
[31:12] | Melanie Davenport, was killed. | Melanie Davenport被撞死了 |
[31:14] | She was running after her dog. | 她正在跟着她的狗跑 |
[31:17] | The person who hit her just kept going. | 而那个撞了她的人就这么逃跑了 |
[31:19] | Didn’t even call 911. | 甚至都没有打电话给911 |
[31:30] | Okay. | 好的 |
[31:34] | So… the reason I’m here, | 所以…我在这里的原因 |
[31:39] | I mean… | 我是说… |
[31:41] | what you’re trying to tell me… | 你们试图告诉我的是… |
[31:45] | You think that maybe my wife hit this girl in our car and never reported it? | 你们觉得或许是我的妻子在我们的车里 撞了这个女孩,也没有去报案? |
[31:56] | Well… | 嗯… |
[31:57] | Because… I mean, | 因为…我是说 |
[31:59] | if that were true, | 如果这是真的 |
[32:02] | it would certainly explain a lot of things. | 或许能解释很多事情 |
[32:07] | What things? | 什么事情? |
[32:11] | Well, uh… | 嗯,呃… |
[32:14] | Nadine’s state of mind over this entire past year, | 举例来说,比如Nadine这过去整整一年 |
[32:18] | for one. | 的精神状态 |
[32:21] | If this were true, and mind you, | 如果这些都是真的,影响到了你 |
[32:22] | I’m not saying that this is, | 我并不是说就真的会 |
[32:25] | but… I can’t even imagine what kind of… | 但是…我不能想像她活在那种… |
[32:32] | terrible guilt she must have been living with. | 多么可怕的罪恶感中 |
[32:39] | I mean, it’s no wonder she was so unstrung. | 我是说,她那么神经质也就不足为奇了 |
[32:49] | Everyone’s in bed. | 每个人都已经上床了 |
[32:50] | I lied and told them you’d sneak in later while they were asleep and give them kisses. | 我撒了个谎,告诉她们你会在她们睡着的时候 悄悄进来并给她们晚安吻的 |
[32:55] | It’s not necessarily a lie. | 这并不一定就是谎话 |
[32:58] | How do you know it’s a lie? | 你怎么知道这就是句谎话? |
[32:59] | I’m a student of history. | 我是历史的学生 |
[33:01] | And history suggests that when you get in one of these moods, | 历史说,每当你陷入那种情绪的时候 |
[33:05] | the kind where you end up laying here on the couch stewing in your | 每当你躺在这张睡椅上,并不能影响 |
[33:08] | inability to effect any real change, | 任何真实的变化时 |
[33:12] | eventually you fall asleep and no one sees you till morning. | 最后你都会睡着,到了早上才会有人看见你 |
[33:17] | It’s not going to happen. | 这次不会这样的 |
[33:19] | I just need a little time for myself, okay? | 我只是给自己一些时间,可以吗? |
[33:25] | I had a very depressing day. | 我今天都过的很压抑 |
[33:28] | Well, I wouldn’t know. | 好吧,我不会知道的 |
[33:29] | You haven’t said three words to me since I got home. | 自从我回家后,你对我说的话不超过3个字 |
[33:32] | Here are the highlights: James Massie– | 这些就是集锦: |
[33:34] | he completely sold out his poor dead wife today. | 今天他完全地出卖了他可怜的已死去的妻子 |
[33:37] | He could have said he didn’t know anything. | 他居然说他自己什么都不知道 |
[33:39] | He knows we can’t prove he was there. | 他知道我们不能证明他当时就在那里 |
[33:42] | But no, he had to go that extra step | 但不是这样的,他必须再多做一步 |
[33:44] | and offer up Nadine who is not in a position to defend herself. | 供出了Nadine,那个已经不能为自己辩护的人 |
[33:49] | I’m sorry. I just have to get that out of my system. | 对不起.我只是必须把这些都说出来 |
[33:53] | Well, I have something I have to get out of my system. | 好吧,我也有一些我必须都说出来的事情 |
[33:56] | I asked Ariel for Celeste’s parents’ names and phone number today. | 今天,我问Ariel要了Celeste父母的名字和电话号码 |
[34:01] | I’m a scientist. | 我是一个科学家 |
[34:02] | People don’t fall suddenly ill. | 人们是不会突然生病的 |
[34:04] | It happens gradually over time. | 都伴随着时间过去而慢慢发生 |
[34:07] | And there are windows of opportunity in which to intervene. | 而这里正好有一扇可以介入的窗户 |
[34:11] | I think it’s worth the risk and any possible hardship to say something. | 我觉得这值得冒险,不管说了后会有多么的难 |
[34:16] | And I don’t think I could live with myself if I didn’t. | 我觉得如果我没有那么做,我就不能原谅我自己 |
[34:20] | I know. | 我知道 |
[34:26] | I’ll see you in the morning. | 明天早上再见 |
[34:29] | Don’t worry. | 不要烦了 |
[34:30] | I’m not going to fall asleep out here. | 我不会在这里睡着的 |
[34:32] | Ha. | 哈 |
[34:33] | Ha. | 哈 |
[34:35] | Ha. | 哈 |
[34:41] | Did you ever see a dream romancing | |
[34:43] | Well I did | |
[34:46] | Did you ever see heaven right in your arms | |
[34:50] | James! James! | |
[34:55] | Nadine! | |
[34:59] | Oh, God. | 哦,上帝 |
[35:01] | Baby. | 亲爱的 |
[35:04] | What did you do? | 你都做了什么? |
[35:05] | Oh… | 哦… |
[35:09] | Don’t worry, honey. | 不要着急,亲爱的 |
[35:10] | I’m going to get you some help, okay? | 我去叫人来帮你,好吗? |
[35:15] | James. | |
[35:17] | James. | |
[35:19] | We have to tell. | 我们必须说出来 |
[35:21] | I can’t go on. | 我不能继续过下去了 |
[35:24] | I can’t live this way. | 我不能像这样生活下去 |
[35:28] | What are you talking about? Tell who? | 你在说什么?告诉谁? |
[35:30] | The police. | 警察 |
[35:33] | She’ll never leave until we do. | 除非我们那么做,否则她就不会走 |
[35:46] | Did you ever see a dream walking? | |
[35:49] | Well I did. Did you ever hear a dream talking? | |
[35:56] | Well I did. Did you ever have a dream… | |
[36:08] | Did you call them? | 你打电话给他们了吗? |
[36:10] | Are they coming? | 他们来了吗? |
[36:11] | They’re coming. | 他们正在赶来 |
[36:12] | You’re going to be fine. | 你会好起来的 |
[36:17] | This was stupid, | 这真的很愚蠢 |
[36:18] | what I did. | 我所做的事情 |
[36:21] | I don’t want to die. | 我不想死 |
[36:23] | I know. | 我知道 |
[36:24] | I just wanted it to stop. | 我只是想结束这一切 |
[36:25] | Shh. | 嘘 |
[36:31] | Will you stay with me? | 你会和我待在一起吗? |
[36:33] | I will. I’ll stay with you till they get here. | 我会的.我会一直陪着你直到他们到这里 |
[36:40] | Close your eyes, baby. | 闭上你的眼睛,亲爱的 |
[36:42] | It’s all right. | 一切都会好的 |
[36:48] | It’s going to be just a few minutes. | 只要几分钟 |
[36:52] | Shh. | 嘘 |
[37:01] | Allison? | |
[37:03] | It’s okay. | 没事 |
[37:04] | It’s just me. | 是我 |
[37:05] | I need to get my wallet. | 我要拿我的钱包 |
[37:05] | I have to go for a drive. | 我要开车出去 |
[37:07] | A drive? | 开车? |
[37:09] | It’s 2:00 in the morning. | 现在是早上2:00 |
[37:10] | Where in the world are you going to drive to? | 有什么地方需要你开车过去? |
[37:11] | I need to go to that street, | 我要到那条街上去 |
[37:12] | the one near the hospital. | 医院旁边的街上 |
[37:13] | This isn’t over, not yet. | 一切并没有结束,还没有 |
[37:15] | I just had another dream. | 我只是做了另外一个梦 |
[37:17] | Well, fine, then get back in bed, dream some more. | 好吧,那就回到床上,再做一些梦 |
[37:18] | No, I can’t. | 不,我不能 |
[37:19] | That dead girl, | 那个死去的女孩 |
[37:20] | Melanie Davenport, | |
[37:21] | I think she’s trying to tell me something. | 我觉得她想告诉我一些事情 |
[37:41] | You’re not going to find her here. | 你不会在这里找到她的 |
[37:46] | Melanie’s fine. She’s safe. | Melanie很好.她很安全 |
[37:50] | She’s where she’s supposed to be finally. | 她在最终她要去的地方 |
[37:54] | And how about you? | 那你呢? |
[37:55] | Me? | 我? |
[37:58] | I’m still adjusting. | 我还在调整自己 |
[38:00] | Getting… used to the idea. | 想…一些念头 |
[38:04] | Trying to accept what he did. | 试图接受他所做的一切 |
[38:13] | You know, it took me almost 27 minutes to die. | 你知道,我花了27分钟才死去 |
[38:18] | He sat beside me holding my hand for 27 minutes while I tried to hang on, | 他就坐在我旁边握着我的手 就在我试图坚持的27分钟内 |
[38:26] | listening for the sirens that never came. | 盼望着永远也不会来的警报声 |
[38:32] | But I guess I had it coming. | 但我想我还是等到了 |
[38:36] | I should have come forward to the police and told them what we’d done. | 我应该去警察局自首并告诉他们我们所做的事情 |
[38:42] | That’s all that Melanie wanted. | 那才是Melanie想要的 |
[38:44] | She never meant to hurt me. | 她从来没有想过要伤害我 |
[38:48] | That day that you and I met in the restaurant– | 你和我在餐厅相遇的那天– |
[38:52] | she arranged that you know. | 你知道,就是她安排的 |
[38:55] | And the business with your headlight? | 你的车前灯的问题? |
[38:58] | She was giving me a chance to confess, a chance to live, | 是她试图给我一个机会来坦白,一个活下去的机会 |
[39:02] | and I didn’t take it. | 但我没有接受 |
[39:06] | And now Melanie’s parents will never know who took their child from them. | 而现在Melanie的父母永远也不会知道 是谁夺走了他们女儿的命 |
[39:12] | And what happens to your husband? | 那你的丈夫又怎么样了? |
[39:15] | He had a chance, too. | 他也有一次机会 |
[39:18] | Today, with you, in the room, | 今天,和你,在会议室中 |
[39:21] | he had a chance, | 他有一次机会 |
[39:22] | and he didn’t take it. | 他也没有接受 |
[39:28] | So now, I guess it’s up to me. | 所以现在,我想该轮到我了 |
[39:32] | I don’t understand. What are you going to do? | 我不明白.你要做什么? |
[39:35] | Obviously, he’s not afraid of ghosts. | 很明显,他并不害怕鬼魂 |
[39:38] | He’s not afraid of flickering lights or music. | 他并不怕闪烁的灯光或是音乐 |
[39:42] | But if someone, or something, | 但如果有人,或有些事情 |
[39:46] | was to blow out the pilot light in the old stove in our kitchen, | 突然熄灭了我们厨房中的老式炉子的警报灯 |
[39:52] | and James were to have a cold, | 而James还在感冒的话 |
[39:55] | not smell the gas, | 他就不会闻见煤气的味道 |
[39:57] | let it fill the room and James were to light a cigarette… | 让煤气充满了房间,而James会点燃一根香烟… |
[40:06] | I wonder what those sirens are all about? | 我很好奇那些警报为什么会响? |
[40:14] | Do you smell something? | 你闻见什么味道了吗? |
[40:30] | Don’t forget to bring home those names and that phone number. | 不要忘记把名字和电话号码带回家 |
[40:33] | I won’t, Daddy. | 我不会的,爸爸 |
[40:33] | Okay. | 好的 |
[40:36] | Why isn’t Mommy up? | 妈妈为什么还不起床? |
[40:38] | I like the way she pours better. | 我觉得她倒的比较好 |
[40:40] | Mommy was out late last night doing some emergency work. | 妈妈昨天晚上出去有紧急的工作 |
[40:44] | Darn. | 做些弥补 |
[40:47] | Hello? | 哈罗? |
[40:51] | Yes, this is her mother. | 对,是她的妈妈 |
[40:54] | Morning. | 早上好 |
[40:59] | What about Celeste? | Celeste怎么了? |
[41:00] | Uh, I already reminded her. | 呃,我已经提醒过她了 |
[41:02] | Well, that was her mom just now. | 刚才是她的妈妈打来的 |
[41:05] | She was wondering if you could pick up Celeste’s homework today because | 她希望知道你今天是否可以帮Celeste收拾一下家庭作业 |
[41:07] | Celeste needs to go to New York for a couple of days. | 因为Celeste需要到纽约去几天 |
[41:12] | Why, what’s going on? | 为什么,发生什么事情了? |
[41:14] | I guess she has a cousin, | 我猜她有一个堂姐 |
[41:17] | a spitting image of Celeste, only ten years older, | 长的和Celeste一模一样,只有大了10岁 |
[41:20] | and I guess she was just diagnosed with leukemia, | 我想她刚被诊断为白血病 |
[41:22] | so they’re all going there to say good-bye. | 所以他们都要到那里去和她告别 |
[41:31] | You know what? I’m not hungry anymore. | 你知道吗?我突然不饿了 |
[41:33] | I’m just going to go to my room. | 我要去我自己的房间 |
[41:40] | I owe that girl a conversation. | 我要去和那个孩子谈一下 |
[41:45] | I don’t get it. | 我不明白 |
[41:46] | What’s going on? | 发生什么事情了? |
[41:47] | Why is everybody so serious? | 为什么每个人都那么严肃? |
[41:50] | It’s hard to explain. | 很难解释 |
[41:53] | You’ll see, the older you get. | 你大了,就会明白的 |
[41:56] | I’ll be right back. | 我马上回来 |
[42:00] | Well, I don’t know how to tell this to you. | 好吧,我不知道怎么把这个告诉你 |
[42:04] | I guess it’s just you and me, kid. | 我想这里只有你和我了,孩子 |