时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:01] | Let’s go, you guys. | 起来了,小家伙们 |
[00:03] | It’s time to get up. | 该起床了 |
[00:06] | Is my nose playing tricks on me, | 是我的鼻子出了问题 |
[00:09] | or is somebody making bacon? | 还是真的有人在煎培根? |
[00:12] | Someone’s trying. | 有人正在试着做呢 |
[00:14] | I had the most amazing night’s sleep last night. | 昨晚我睡了有史以来最好的一觉 |
[00:16] | No bad dreams,no ghosts, no gore. | 没有恶梦,没有幽灵,没有血块 |
[00:21] | Just sweet lights out, | 甜美的灯光熄灭后 |
[00:24] | dead-to-the-world | 睡得很香 |
[00:25] | unconsciousness. | 毫无知觉 |
[00:28] | I guess one night a year’s not so bad. | 我想一年有这样一个晚上也不错 |
[00:31] | Hey, you feeling okay? | 嘿,你还好吗? |
[00:32] | You sound a little bit stuffed up. | 你听起来像是感冒了 |
[00:35] | Feel much better now, | 现在好多了 |
[00:36] | thank you very much. | 谢谢你 |
[00:41] | Al, what’s wrong? | Al,怎么了? |
[00:45] | Who are you? | 你是谁? |
[00:48] | What? | 什么? |
[00:49] | Who are you?! | 你是谁?! |
[00:51] | Where’s my husnd?! | 我的丈夫在哪里?! |
[00:53] | Your husband is standing right in front of you | 你的丈夫正站在你面前 |
[00:54] | trying to figure out what the hell has gotten into is wife. | 想要知道他的妻子到底怎么了 |
[00:57] | Girls, | 孩子们 |
[00:58] | come out here right now! | 马上出来! |
[01:05] | What’s wrong, Mommy? | 怎么了,妈妈? |
[01:11] | Mom, are you okay? | 妈妈,你还好吗? |
[01:17] | Mom, are you okay? | 妈妈,你还好吗? |
[01:22] | Hey, Al. Hey, can you hear me? | 嘿,Al.嘿,你听得见我说话吗? |
[01:26] | Al? | |
[01:29] | Al? | |
[01:31] | What happened? | 发生什么事了? |
[01:32] | We were in the kitchen and we heard a crash. | 我们在厨房然后听到撞击声音 |
[01:35] | JOE:You slipped on the tile and you knocked yourself out for a second. | 你在瓷砖上滑倒了并昏迷了几秒钟 |
[01:40] | Are you okay? | 你还好吗? |
[01:43] | Yeah. | 还行 |
[01:46] | I’m just really glad to see you guys. | 我真的很高兴能看见你们 |
[02:35] | No, she isn’t bleeding, | 不,她没有流血 |
[02:36] | but she’s got a | 但她的后脑 |
[02:38] | lump the size of an egg on the back of her head. | 有一个鸡蛋大小的肿块 |
[02:42] | Yeah, I understand that. | 是的,我明白这个 |
[02:44] | But what is the point of taking her to a primary care physician | 但如果我把她带到一个初级内科医师 |
[02:46] | when I know he’s just going to tell her to get an MRI? | 那里却只让她做核磁共振的话 我为什么要这么做呢 |
[02:50] | Can’t we just cut to the chase | 我们就不能言归正传 |
[02:51] | and spare her a trip? | 让她稍微休息一下? |
[02:53] | Okay, what will our plan pay for? | 好的,我们要付多少钱? |
[02:58] | Did you see any stars? | 你看见有星星了吗? |
[03:00] | No, sweetie. | 没有,亲爱的 |
[03:00] | What about planets or birds? | 那树或小鸟呢? |
[03:03] | Like birds flying in a circle? | 就像小鸟在绕着你飞? |
[03:05] | That’s only in cartoons. | 那只有卡通片里面才有 |
[03:07] | So, that doesn’t mean that it doesn’t really happen in real life. | 所以,那并不表示真实的世界中不会发生这种事情啊 |
[03:11] | Actually, it does. | 事实上,就是不会 |
[03:12] | Girls, please,I’ve got a bit of a headache. | 孩子们,拜托了,我的头有一些疼 |
[03:15] | Man, please don’t transfer me to Member Services. | 先生,请不要把我再转到客服那里 |
[03:17] | They’re the ones who transferred me to you. | 就是她们把我转到你这里来的 |
[03:18] | I’m sorry. Can you hold on just one second? | 对不起,你能否稍微等一会儿? |
[03:20] | I got another call coming through. | 我要接另外一个电话 |
[03:22] | Hello. Chan, this really isn’t a good time. | 哈��,Chan,这真的不是个好时候 |
[03:24] | Do you remember your name? | 你还记得你的名字吗? |
[03:26] | Of course,she remembers her name. | 当然,她记得她的名字 |
[03:27] | Why wouldn’t she? | 她为什么会不记得? |
[03:28] | Well, sometimes when people get hit in the head,they forget stuff. | 有时候,有人的脑袋被撞了后,他们会忘记一些事情 |
[03:32] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[03:33] | Where’d you learn that,cartoons? | 你从哪里学到的,卡通片? |
[03:35] | My name’s Allison Dubois. | 我的名字是Allison Dubois |
[03:37] | What’s my name? | 我叫什么呢? |
[03:38] | You are Bridgette. | 你叫Bridgette |
[03:39] | And where do we live? | 我们住在哪里? |
[03:41] | We live in Phoenix, Arizona, and Bridg, I really don’t want… | 我们住在亚利桑那州菲尼克斯城 Bridg,我真的不要… |
[03:43] | And where were you born? | 你在哪里出生的? |
[03:46] | What? | 什么? |
[03:47] | Where… | 你… |
[03:49] | were… | 在… |
[03:50] | you… | 哪里… |
[03:51] | born? | 出生的? |
[03:53] | You do remember it,don’t you, Mom? | 你不记得了,是吗,妈妈? |
[03:56] | Of course, I remember. | 当然,我记得 |
[03:58] | Mommy can’t remember where she was born! | 妈妈不记得她在哪里出生了! |
[04:09] | Okay, you hear that? | 好的,你听到了? |
[04:10] | My wife can’t remember where she was born. | 我的妻子不记得她在哪里出生了 |
[04:12] | She needs an MRI. | 她需要做一个核磁共振 |
[04:14] | That’s the other line again. | 又有一个电话进来了 |
[04:15] | Just, just let me get rid of it. | 就让我把它搞定吧 |
[04:18] | Chan, I told you check the top drawer. | Chan,我告诉你去看一下抽屉的最上面 |
[04:21] | Then check all the drawers. | 然后检查所有的抽屉 |
[04:22] | Chan, I’m in the middle of something right now. | Chan,我现在正在处理一件事情 |
[04:26] | My wife fell and she hit her head | 我的妻子摔倒了并撞到了她的头 |
[04:28] | and now these clowns at our HMO are telling us that we can’t get an MRI till… | 而现在我们医保组的小丑告诉我们不能作核磁共振除非… |
[04:32] | Yeah, no. I know. | 是的,不,我知道 |
[04:33] | I know your wife’s a doctor. | 我知道你的妻子是个医生 |
[04:37] | Really? She would do that? | 真的吗?她能那么做? |
[04:39] | Are you sure? | 你肯定吗? |
[04:41] | That would be fantastic. | 那真的太好了 |
[04:43] | What’s the address? | 地址在哪里? |
[04:50] | I don’t understand. | 我不明白 |
[04:51] | This isn’t a hospital. | 这并不是一个医院 |
[04:52] | No, it’s a private imaging center. | 不,这是一个私人的成像中心 |
[04:55] | They’ll scan anyone or anything as long as you pay for it. | 只要你付钱他们能扫描任何人或东西 |
[04:58] | Wait a second. | 等等 |
[04:59] | Are we willing to pay for it? | 我们要付钱吗? |
[05:01] | Chan from my design group, his wife works here. | 我设计小组中的Chan的妻子在这里工作 |
[05:03] | She’s a doctor.She owns a piece of the place. | 她是个医生,有那么一点权力 |
[05:05] | She’s doing us a favor. | 她会帮我们的 |
[05:06] | That’s nice,but I’m not sure how I feel about that. | 那太好了,但我还是有一些担心 |
[05:15] | It’s okay.People have MRIs all the time. | 没事的.人们一直都在做核磁共振 |
[05:17] | There’s nothing to it. | 没什么大不了的 |
[05:18] | Have you ever had one? | 你曾经做过吗? |
[05:19] | I’ve read about it.They’re completely harmless. | 我看过相关的资料.它们完全是无害的 |
[05:22] | Fine. You go first. | 好吧,那你先去 |
[05:24] | Hey, listen, Chan’s wife has been really nice fitting us in like this. | 嘿,听着,Chan的妻子可是花了不少精力才安排我们进来的 |
[05:28] | I know. | 我知道 |
[05:31] | I’m going to check in with the office.I’ll be right back. | 我去办公室登记一下,马上回来 |
[05:41] | Your husband’s right. | 你丈夫说的对 |
[05:43] | There’s nothing to be nervous about. | 没什么好担心的 |
[05:45] | How do you know? | 你怎么知道? |
[05:47] | I’m a regular. | 我经常来 |
[05:47] | I’m in here all the time. | 我一直在这里 |
[05:49] | I have a season pass. | 我有月票 |
[05:51] | They can never get enough pictures of my friend up there. | 他们永远也得不到我这里的足够图片 |
[05:55] | Oh, I’m sorry. | 哦,对不起 |
[05:57] | I’m not going to lie to you. | 我不准备对你撒谎 |
[05:58] | Holding perfectly still inside a steel tube | 呆在那个铁管里一动不动会 |
[06:01] | can be a little claustrophobic. | 有点让人感觉得了幽闭恐怖症 |
[06:05] | I’ll tell you what I do. | 我会告诉你我是怎么做的 |
[06:07] | The machine makes this kind of loud clanging sound. | 那机器会发出一种很响的叮当声 |
[06:11] | I just kind of close my eyes and pretend I’m on a train. | 我只是闭上眼睛想像自己在火车上 |
[06:14] | Clang, clang, clang. | 叮当,叮当,叮当 |
[06:16] | I’m just on a train going somewhere exotic. | 我只是在一辆开往异国的火车上 |
[06:24] | I don’t know.It works for me. | 我不知道,但对我有效 |
[06:26] | Thank you. I appreciate the tip. | 谢谢你,我感谢你的小窍门 |
[06:30] | David Saunders? | |
[06:31] | Guilty as charged. | 就像被起诉一样 |
[06:33] | Nice meeting you. | 很高兴遇见你 |
[06:34] | You, too. | 我也是 |
[06:35] | Feel free to watch if you think it will help. | 如果你觉得有帮助就请随便看 |
[06:38] | Excuse me? | 什么? |
[06:39] | From the observation room.I don’t mind. | 在观察室外面看,我不介意的 |
[06:43] | Oh, yeah, well, maybe. | 哦,是的,嗯,或许吧 |
[06:47] | You’ll see.There’s nothing to it. | 你会看见,没什么的 |
[06:49] | It’s okay, right? | 没关系的,是吗? |
[06:51] | It’s fine with me if it’s okay with Dr. Sooran. | 如果Sooran医生没问题,我也没有 |
[06:54] | Maybe we could ask her.Our husbands work together. | 或许我们可以问一下她.我们的先生都在一起工作 |
[06:57] | Just give me a minute to change into the highly flattering gown. | 只要给我几分钟 让我换上那十分迷人的长袍 |
[07:07] | Did I miss something? | 我错过什么事情了吗? |
[07:10] | That guy said that I could go and watch him get his MRI. | 那个家伙说他做核磁共振的时候我可以去看 |
[07:13] | Cool. | 酷啊 |
[07:14] | An all-access pass to a stranger’s brain scan. | 近距离接触一个陌生人的脑部扫描 |
[07:17] | Excellent. | 太棒了 |
[07:21] | See that?You don’t even have to scooch in. | 看见了?你甚至都不用自己进去 |
[07:23] | It’s automatic scooching. | 它会自动送你进去 |
[07:34] | That sound, | 听起来 |
[07:35] | that sounds like a parade. | 听起来象是游行 |
[07:38] | Hmm, I don’t think so.I think it sounds like a train. | 嗯,我不这么觉得.我觉得听起来象火车 |
[08:27] | Hey, lover boy, you lonely? | 嘿,亲爱的,你孤单吗? |
[08:30] | Yes, I am, Jade. | 是的,的确,Jade |
[08:34] | Can I offer you a ride? | 我能载你一程吗? |
[08:36] | Sure. | 当然 |
[08:52] | So, where we going, baby? | 那么,我们去哪,亲爱的? |
[08:54] | My house for the weekend. | 去我房子度周末 |
[08:57] | Oh, I don’t know. | 哦,我不知道 |
[08:58] | The whole weekend? | 整个周末吗? |
[08:59] | What about my other boyfriends,baby? | 那我其他的男朋友呢,亲爱的? |
[09:05] | I’m sorry, that was mean. | 对不起,我并不是这个意思 |
[09:08] | I don’t have other boyfriends. | 我并没有其他男朋友 |
[09:11] | So where’s your house, baby? | 那你的房子在哪里,亲爱的? |
[09:28] | What’s that? | 那是什么? |
[09:30] | The train. | 火车 |
[09:31] | We’re a block away. | 就在几街区外 |
[09:46] | Wow, baby, that was amazing,baby, mmm. | 哇哦,亲爱的,真是让人惊异,亲爱的,嗯 |
[09:59] | Hey, honey… | 嘿,亲爱的… |
[10:03] | would you like me to touch you now? | 你现在想让我碰你了吗? |
[10:05] | Want me to scratch your back? | 要我抓你的后背吗? |
[10:08] | I give a great massage. | 我会给你一个很棒的按摩 |
[10:10] | Maybe I could wash you. | 或许我可以帮你洗澡 |
[10:13] | If you untie me… | 如果你送开我… |
[10:14] | We can take a bath. | 我们可以一起洗澡 |
[10:17] | Please, baby? | 拜托了,亲爱的? |
[10:19] | It’s starting to hurt. | 我有点疼 |
[10:21] | Shh… | 嘘… |
[10:24] | Do you like the desert? | 你喜欢沙漠吗? |
[10:27] | Huh? | 嗯? |
[10:30] | What are you doing? | 你要做什么? |
[10:31] | gasps | |
[10:38] | JOE:Have you seen enough? | 你看够了吗? |
[10:40] | ( MRI machine thumping rhythmically ) | |
[10:42] | Huh, honey? | 嗯,亲爱的? |
[10:43] | You seen enough? | 你看够了吗? |
[10:44] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[10:46] | Yeah, I’ve seen plenty. | 是的,我看到的太多了 |
[10:53] | David Saunders, | |
[10:54] | white, mid-30s, | 白人,35岁 |
[10:56] | five ten-ish. | 五英尺十英寸左右 |
[10:58] | I think I counted five girls, | 我想我看到了5个女孩 |
[11:00] | but he only referred to one of them by name. | 但他只提到了一个人的名字 |
[11:03] | Um, Jade. | 嗯,Jade |
[11:04] | Although I’m guessing that’s not a real name anyway. | 尽管我想那也不是个真名 |
[11:08] | She has light hair, light eyes. | 她有浅色的头发和眼睛 |
[11:10] | That’s me. | 那是我 |
[11:12] | Needles-in-a-Haystack-R-Us. | 在干草堆中找针 |
[11:15] | I got to go. | 我要挂了 |
[11:17] | My husband’s giving me the evil eye, | 我的丈夫正瞪着我 |
[11:19] | and my doctor’ll be in any second. | 我的医生也马上就到了 |
[11:24] | Detective Scanlon says hi. | Scanlon侦探向你问好 |
[11:27] | Joe says hi, too. | Joe也向你问好 |
[11:30] | All right, I’ll talk to you later. | 好的,我晚一些再和你说 |
[11:32] | You know, two hours ago, | 你知道,两个小时之前 |
[11:34] | you couldn’t remember where you were born, | 你都不记得你在哪里出生 |
[11:35] | and now you’re phoning the police, asking them to start investigating | 而现在你打电话给警察,让他们开始调查 |
[11:38] | a man you spent all of three minutes with. | 一个你和他一起待了最多三分钟的男人 |
[11:41] | Am I the only one who sees a contradiction here? | 我是唯一的一个看到矛盾的人吗? |
[11:45] | Mr. and Mrs. Dubois, | Dubois先生和夫人 |
[11:46] | so sorry to have kept you waiting. | 很抱歉让你们久等了 |
[11:48] | No, we’re just happy that youould fit us in | 不,我们很高兴你帮我们安排 |
[11:51] | Uh, besides, we were enjoying the music. | 呃,此外,我们很喜欢这个音乐 |
[11:53] | Yes, the walls in this place are pretty thin. | 是的,这个地方的墙壁很薄 |
[11:56] | st make it hard to concentrate. | 让人很难集中精神 |
[11:59] | It’s sort of like living near an airport– | 就像住在机场附近– |
[12:00] | after a while you stop noticing the planes. | 一会儿你就不会注意到飞机了 |
[12:04] | Well, I’m happy report, | 我很高兴地告诉你们 |
[12:05] | the MRI shows no structural damage whatsoever. | 核磁共振显示没有受到什么伤害 |
[12:09] | I know you mentioned experiencing some dizziness fofulness. | 我知道你说过有一些头昏和健忘 |
[12:13] | Both symptoms should be entirely transitory. | 所有的症状都是短暂的 |
[12:16] | So I can go back to using the bathroom | 所以我可以回去继续使用浴室 |
[12:17] | without fear of a relapse? | 不用担心旧病复发? |
[12:19] | Absolutely. | 当然 |
[12:21] | I’d take it easy for the rest of the day, | 如果我是你,我今天会好好休息一下 |
[12:22] | but yes, by tomorrow,you can do pretty much anything you like. | 到了明天,你就可以做任何想做的事情了 |
[12:25] | You hear that? | 你听到了? |
[12:26] | I’m okay; you’re stuck with me. | 我很好;是你太紧张了 |
[12:28] | I was afraid she’d broken funny bone. | 我本担心她摔断了骨头 |
[12:32] | Before you go, | 在你们走之前 |
[12:34] | there’s one small thing I wanted to ask about. | 我还是想问一个小小的问题 |
[12:38] | Of course. | 当然可以 |
[12:39] | I notice on your patient history form | 我注意到你的病史 |
[12:41] | that you didn’t check the box for epilepsy. | 你在癫痫症的选框里并没有打钩 |
[12:44] | Well, I’m not epileptic. | 是的,我没有癫痫症 |
[12:46] | Then you’ve never had any lems with seizures? | 那你也从来没有短暂性的肌无力? |
[12:50] | No, never. | 不,从来没有 |
[12:51] | Why would ask? | 为什么那么问? |
[12:54] | You see this gray spot here, | 你们看这里的一个小灰点 |
[12:56] | looks a little like a peanut? | 看起来象颗花生? |
[12:59] | It’s called venous angioma. | 这叫做静脉血管瘤 |
[13:02] | Sounds scarier than it really is. | 听上去有些吓人 |
[13:04] | It’s actually just a small tangle of exveins in one part of the brain. | 实际上它只是脑子中有一个部分堆积在了一起 |
[13:09] | How long do you suppose that was there? | 你觉得那玩意儿在那有多久了? |
[13:11] | Probably since birth. | 可能从出生开始就有了 |
[13:12] | Typically they’re found in bs of epileptic but considering you’ve lived your whole life | 通常在癫痫症患者的脑部会发现这个 但考虑到你到现在 |
[13:16] | and never had a single seizure, | 也从来没有过发作 |
[13:17] | I think it’s safe to assume it’s benign. | 我想应该是属于良性的 |
[13:20] | You think or you know? | 是你觉得还是你知道? |
[13:22] | I know. | 我知道 |
[13:23] | Trust me, Mr. Dubois, | 相信我,Dubois先生 |
[13:24] | if the angioma had been affecting your wife in any negative way | 如果血管瘤对您的妻子有任何负作用的影响 |
[13:27] | she would’ve known about it a long time ago. | 她应该在很早之前就知道了 |
[13:29] | I would’ve been having seizures. | 我应该有发作过 |
[13:31] | That’s one possibility, yes. | 那是一种可能性 |
[13:33] | But angiomas in this part of the brain have also been associated visual aury ephemera. | 但脑子中这个部位的血管瘤也会和瞬时视觉相关 |
[13:39] | I’m sorry, ephemera? | 对不起,瞬时? |
[13:40] | A fancy word for hallucinations. | 一种对幻觉的称法 |
[13:43] | Hearing voices,seeing people and things that aren’t really there. | 会出现幻听和幻觉 |
[13:48] | But… | 但是… |
[13:49] | since you didn’t check the box for that, either, | 因为你没有钩过这个选项 |
[13:51] | I’v nothing to worry about. | 我也没有什么好担心的 |
[13:57] | Hearing voices… | 幻听… |
[13:59] | uh, seeing people and things that aren’t really there. | 呃,看见不存着的人或事 |
[14:02] | Uh, stop if any of this starts to sound familiar. | 呃,如果你听起来觉得很熟悉就告诉我 |
[14:05] | Not funny. | 一点都不好笑 |
[14:06] | It’s not meant to be. | 我并不是这个意思 |
[14:07] | I think about it Aln. | 我在想,Aln |
[14:08] | What if this angioma is the reason | 如果这个血管瘤就是你 |
[14:12] | that you see the things that you see, | 看见你所能看见某种事情的原因呢 |
[14:14] | the reason that you hear the things that you hear? | 就是你所能听见某种声音的原因呢? |
[14:15] | They’re not hallucinatio | 它们并不是幻觉 |
[14:17] | No, I know that. | 是的,我知道 |
[14:18] | So what are you getting at? | 那你想要知道什么? |
[14:20] | I’m getting at a theroy, | 我想得到一个理论 |
[14:21] | that this little peanut that we found in your brain today. | 我们今天在你脑子中发现的这个小花生 |
[14:25] | might be what makes you so different from all the other girls. | 或许是使你不同于其他女生的原因 |
[14:31] | You’re angry. | 你生气了 |
[14:32] | You’re psychic– you must have a little peanut in your head. | 你在发神经–一定是你脑子中有一颗小花生 |
[14:38] | Actually,I’m not. | 实际上,我没有生气 |
[14:40] | I’m just trying to figure out why you’re suddenly | 我只是想要知道为什么你突然那么想要 |
[14:41] | so obsessed with reducing what I do to something physiological | 把我做的事归类到生理学上去分析 |
[14:46] | I’m a scientist,and taking complicated things | 我是个科学家,把复杂的事情 |
[14:49] | and reducing them to their simplest elements is what I do | 归类到最简单的元素上 去分析就是我的工作 |
[14:52] | And you, | 而你 |
[14:52] | my dear, are a very complicated thing. | 亲爱的,是一件非常复杂的事情 |
[15:31] | Something the matter? | 有什么事吗? |
[15:32] | I-I don’t know. | 我-我不知道 |
[15:33] | I can’t seem to find my car. | 我好像找不到我的车了 |
[15:36] | You don’t remember what level you parked it on? | 你不记得停在哪一层了吗? |
[15:38] | No, I-I thought… | 不,我-我想… |
[15:42] | Well, I’m sure it’s around here somewhere. | 我肯定就在这附近 |
[15:45] | What kind of car do you drive? | 你开的是什么样的车? |
[15:49] | What kind of car? | 什么样的车? |
[15:51] | The make, the color– | 样子,颜色– |
[15:53] | that sort of stuff. | 诸如此类 |
[16:10] | Joe? | |
[16:18] | Joe? | |
[16:25] | Joe? | |
[16:29] | Huh? | 嗯? |
[16:31] | Nothing. I just wanted to make sure you were you. | 没什么.我只是想确定你的确是你 |
[16:34] | ( groans ) | |
[16:35] | Can’t you do that when I’m asleep? | 你能不能不要在我睡觉的时候那么做? |
[16:44] | (BRIDGETTE)Mommy, where were you born? | 妈妈,你在哪里出生的? |
[16:47] | I was born in Chelsea, Oklahoma,sweets. | 我出生在俄克拉荷马州的切尔西城,亲爱的 |
[16:50] | And what’s your middle name? | 你中间的名字叫什么? |
[16:52] | Louise. My name is Allison Louise Dubois, | Louise.我叫Allison Louise Dubois |
[16:56] | and I drive a metallic beige station wagon. | 我开的是一辆金属质地浅褐色的四轮货车 |
[17:01] | Good morning, girls. | 早上好,孩子们 |
[17:02] | Morning, Daddy. | 早上好,爸爸 |
[17:03] | Hi, Daddy! | 嗨,爸爸! |
[17:05] | Good morning. | 早上好 |
[17:06] | What’s your name again? | 再问一遍你的名字? |
[17:09] | I know what you’re up to. | 我知道你是什么意思 |
[17:10] | You’re not really kissing me, | 你其实不是在亲我 |
[17:11] | you’re kissing my inner peanut. | 你在亲我里面那颗花生 |
[17:13] | Please! There are children in the room! | 拜托!孩子们还在房间里! |
[17:22] | What? Was it something I said? | 什么?我说了什么不对的? |
[17:27] | You got a love note from that Scanlon fellow. | 有个叫Scanlon的家伙给你来了一张爱的便条 |
[17:38] | Good news, girls– Mommy’s completely back to normal. | 好消息,孩子们–妈妈完全恢复正常了 |
[17:42] | Hi. | 嗨 |
[17:43] | I don’t understand,this is her. | 我不明白,这就是她 |
[17:45] | This is the girl I saw getting into David Saunders’ car. | 这就是我看到在David Saunder的车里的女孩 |
[17:47] | Can’t you at least question him about her? | 你不能至少问问看他有关于她的事情吗? |
[17:49] | Based on what? | 根据什么? |
[17:50] | Based on, | 就根据 |
[17:51] | I saw her tied to his bed. | 我看见她被绑在他的床上 |
[17:52] | Based on, | 根据 |
[17:53] | I think he suffocated her, | 我认为是他使她窒息而亡 |
[17:53] | along with all the other girls I saw. | 连同我所看见的其他女孩一样 |
[17:56] | I don’t know what to tell you, Allison. | 我不知道该怎么告诉你,Allison |
[17:57] | I ran a check on this guy,and he is a Boy Scout. | 我调查了这个家伙,他是个童子军 |
[18:00] | No priors, no arsts,no stints in rehab. | 没有前科,没有被逮捕过,没有复职申请的限制 |
[18:02] | Just a couple of unpaid speeding tickets from six or seven years ago. | 只有一些六七年前没付过的超速罚单 |
[18:05] | The guy’s married, owns a copy shop, pays his taxes. | 这个家伙结婚了,开了一家冲印店,缴税的 |
[18:07] | Picks up prostitutes and smothers them. | 搭载妓女并闷死她们 |
[18:09] | Maybe. Look, all I have to go on is a missing persons report filed by a fellow prostitute. | 或许吧.看,我所能跟踪的是一份妓女朋友的 失踪人口报告 |
[18:15] | Right? For all we know, | 对吧,我们都知道 |
[18:16] | this, uh… | 这个,呃… |
[18:17] | Jade girl could’ve up and moved to L.A. | 叫Jade的女孩或许已经从良并搬到了L.A |
[18:19] | and just didn’t bother to tell anyone. | 只是不想添麻烦告诉任何人 |
[18:20] | For six years? | 都已经6年了? |
[18:22] | Come on, this report was filed in 1999. | 拜托,这份报告是1999年填写的 |
[18:26] | Did the cops even look into it? | 警察都没有调查过吗? |
[18:28] | I’m sure the department did the best they could | 我确定警察局已经尽力 |
[18:30] | with what they were given– | 根据已有线索进行调查了– |
[18:32] | the woman who filed the report didn’t even know her friend’s real name. | 写这份报告的女人甚至都不知道她朋友的真实名字 |
[18:34] | She said Jade was just her street name. | 她说Jade就是她工作时的名字 |
[18:36] | Didn’t know any of her friends,didn’t know anything about her family. | 不认识她其他的朋友,不知道任何关于她家庭的事情 |
[18:39] | That’s not a lot to go on. | 没有足够可以调查下去的东西 |
[18:40] | Did you say this guy owns a copy shop? | 你是不是说这个家伙开了一家冲印店? |
[18:47] | ‘Kay, thank you very much. | ‘Kay,非常感谢 |
[18:49] | Have a good day. | 祝您愉快 |
[18:52] | Can I… | 我能… |
[18:53] | Hey, you survived. | 嘿,你不错啊 |
[18:55] | My goodness,from the MRI! Hi! | 我的上帝,你就是那个做核磁共振的人!嗨! |
[18:58] | So, you work here? | 你在这里工作? |
[19:00] | Kind of. This is my store. | 差不多,这是我的店 |
[19:02] | I own this place. | 我开的这个地方 |
[19:03] | You’re kidding. | 你在开玩笑 |
[19:04] | I’ve never been in here before– | 我以前都没有来过这里– |
[19:05] | what are the chances? | 怎么那么巧? |
[19:06] | I know. Amazing. | 我知道.真是不可思议 |
[19:08] | So, really, how’d it go yesterday with your MRI? | 说真的,你昨天的核磁共振检查怎么样? |
[19:11] | It went well. | 还不错 |
[19:12] | I-I took your suggestion– | 我-我采纳了你的建议– |
[19:13] | I told myself that I was riding on a train | 告诉自己是乘在一辆火车上 |
[19:15] | and it really relaxed me. | 对我来说真的很放松 |
[19:18] | It relaxed me a little too much. | 对我来说似乎太放松了 |
[19:19] | I think I fell asleep,my head went to the side, | 我想我几乎睡着了,我的头偏向了一边 |
[19:22] | and half my views came out blurry. | 使得一边的扫描图很模糊 |
[19:24] | I have to go back again tomorrow. | 我明天要再去一次 |
[19:26] | Oh, no. | 哦,不 |
[19:27] | Yeah, well, that’s why it’s good I have a season pass. | 是的,这就是我为什么要办一张月卡了 |
[19:30] | So, what can I do for you today, Missus…? | 那么,有什么我可以帮你的吗,夫人…? |
[19:32] | Dubois. Allison Dubois. | |
[19:34] | I don’t know if I mentioned that I work part-time | 我不知道我是否提过我在 |
[19:36] | at the district attorney’s office. | 检察官办公室做兼职的事情 |
[19:38] | No, you didn’t. | 不,你没有 |
[19:39] | I also help out with this, uh,missing persons group. | 我也协助调查这个,呃,失踪人口的事务 |
[19:43] | This girl has been missing for the last seven years, | 这个女孩已经失踪了至少7年了 |
[19:45] | and we’re finally reopening the case. | 我们最终重新调查这个案子 |
[19:48] | I was wondering if you wouldn’t mind putting this flyer in your front window. | 我想你是否介意把这个传单放到您的橱窗里面 |
[19:52] | Her name’s Jade. | 她叫Jade |
[19:53] | She’s a prostitute. | 她是个妓女 |
[19:55] | She’s been missing since 1999. | 1999年的时候失了踪 |
[19:59] | Uh, this is strange. | 呃,这可奇怪了 |
[20:01] | Really? Why do you say that? | 真的吗?你为什么这么说? |
[20:04] | Hey, Angela, come here a minute. | 嘿,Angela,过来一会儿 |
[20:08] | Dave? | |
[20:22] | You have no idea how embarrassing it was. | 你不知道那有多尴尬 |
[20:27] | Well, you handed a man that’s been nothing | 你把一张看起来像极了他妻子 |
[20:28] | but nice to you a photograph of a prostitute | 的妓女照片给了一个 |
[20:31] | that looked remarkably like his wife. | 对你十分友好的男人 |
[20:33] | I think I have a pretty good idea how embarrassed you were. | 我能想像你会有多么尴尬 |
[20:36] | He even showed it to her. | 他甚至把照片给了她看 |
[20:39] | Really? How’d she take it? | 真的?她什么反应? |
[20:40] | Eh, she laughed. | 呃,她笑了 |
[20:41] | She thought it was pretty funny.So did he. | 她觉得非常好笑.他也是 |
[20:42] | Then he offered to make free copies | 然后他同意帮我免费复印几份 |
[20:44] | so I could put it in as many windows as possible. | 让我可以尽量多的放在橱窗里面 |
[20:48] | The fiend! | 魔鬼! |
[20:49] | First he kidnaps them,then he kills them, | 首先他绑架她们,然后杀了她们 |
[20:52] | then he offers to reproduce their image,free of charge, | 然后,他免费帮忙复印她们的照片 |
[20:55] | so the police can have an easier time finding them. | 让警察能更容易地找到她们 |
[20:59] | Clearly u’re dealing with an evil genius here. | 很明显你在和一个天才的魔鬼打交道 |
[21:01] | Well, that’s the thing– | 事实是– |
[21:02] | when I was around him yesterday, | 我昨天在他身边的时候 |
[21:04] | I didn’t feel anything like that. | 并没有感觉到任何邪恶 |
[21:05] | All I felt was kindness and warmth and honesty. | 我所感觉到的只有亲切,热情和诚实 |
[21:08] | And suddenly the idea of him hurting these girls, | 他伤害了这些女孩的想法突然 |
[21:10] | it made absolutely no sense to me. | 对我来说变得很荒谬 |
[21:13] | ‘Cause even the thought of doing something so horrific, | 因为做这些可怕的事情和罪行 |
[21:17] | so hideously evil wouldn’t even enter a mind of a man like that. | 的想法是不可能进入这么个人的头脑中的 |
[21:22] | I don’t understand how I could have been so wrong about him. | 我不明白为什么会对他有那么错误的观点 |
[21:25] | Well, let’s not forget about that bump on your head. | 别忘了在你脑后的那个肿块 |
[21:27] | Yesterday, when you had all these visions, | 昨天,当你脑中出现那些图像时 |
[21:28] | that bump was fresh– | 那个肿块刚刚形成– |
[21:29] | maybe they’re swelling,maybe you’re a little off your game. | 也许它们正在长大 也许你的游戏出了点差错 |
[21:31] | Are you implying my peanut’s not all it’s cracked up to be? | 你是在暗示我的花生和我在被撞之前有所不同吗? |
[21:35] | Actually I’m glad you brought that up. | 事实上我很高兴你提到这点 |
[21:37] | Remember we were talking about yesterday | 记得我们昨天讨论过 |
[21:39] | about the possiblilty | 关于这个 |
[21:39] | that the peanut– | 长在你脑子中 |
[21:40] | that growth inside your head– | 的花生– |
[21:42] | is what makes you so sensitive? | 让你变得这么敏感的可能性吗? |
[21:44] | You realize you’re looking at me like I’m a petri dish? | 你有没有意识到你正在把我作为 一个试验用品来看待? |
[21:47] | Look, it got me to thinking. | 看,那让我不禁思考 |
[21:48] | What if I have somebody actually test that theory? | 如果我找个人来测试那个理论呢? |
[21:50] | How would someone prove a correlation between venous angiomas | 如果有人证实了静脉血管瘤和 |
[21:53] | and increased sensitivity to– | 增强的灵异能力之间的关系– |
[21:56] | I don’t know– various psychic phenomenon? | 我不知道怎么说–各种精神能力? |
[21:59] | Gosh, Mr. Wizard, I don’t know. | 上帝,男巫先生,我不知道 |
[22:01] | I guess you’d have to find somebody else | 我想你要找到另一个 |
[22:02] | who’s kind of sensitive and scan their brain see if there’s an angioma. | 有灵异功能的人,扫描她们的头部看是否有血管瘤 |
[22:06] | That’s my thought exactly. | 这正是我所想的 |
[22:12] | You can’t be serious. | 你不会是认真的吧 |
[22:14] | Oh, I’m completely serious. | 哦,我绝对是认真的 |
[22:15] | There’s no way inhe wide world | 我绝对不会让你 |
[22:16] | I’m gonna let you. | 这么做的 |
[22:18] | It’s perfectly safe, Al. | 绝对安全,Al |
[22:19] | –You’re subjecting our daughters to MRIs! –There’s no radiation,no side-effects. | –你要让我们的女儿去做核磁共振! –没有辐射,没有副作用 |
[22:22] | Dr. Sooran said she wouldn’t even charge us a dime. | Sooran医生说她不会收我们一分钱 |
[22:25] | You already spoke to her? | 你已经对她说过了? |
[22:26] | Not about the psychic stuff.Just about getting scanned for the girls. | 没说起精神方面的事情 就说要帮孩子们检查一下 |
[22:29] | See if they gave angiomas, too. | 看她们是否也有血管瘤 |
[22:31] | It’s intriguing, Al, | 这很吸引人,Al |
[22:32] | the possibility that there might be a genetic link. | 遗传的可能性 |
[22:34] | I mean, it’s pretty heady stuff. | 我是说,这可能有些鲁莽 |
[22:36] | No pun intended. | 但没有别的意思 |
[22:37] | What about the girls? | 那孩子们呢? |
[22:39] | Have you at least thought about how traumatic it could be | 你有没有想过被关在那个 |
[22:41] | to be trapped in that metal,clanging coffin | 叮当响的金属的箱子里面所会受到的创伤 |
[22:44] | so that Daddy could take pictures of your brain? | 就为了爸爸可以得到她们脑子的图片? |
[22:47] | (BRIDGETTE)There’s a machine that can take a picture of my brain? | 有个可以照出我脑子照片的机器? |
[22:51] | It’s called an MRI, sw-eetie, | 它叫核磁共振,亲爱的 |
[22:52] | and there’s no reason in the wide world | 你完全没有理由要去做那个 |
[22:54] | that you should get one ’cause you’re perfectly fine. | 因为你身体很好 |
[22:57] | But what if I want one? | 但如果我想要呢? |
[23:01] | ( MRI machine thumping rhythmically ) | |
[23:03] | Try to stay perfectly still, honey. | 亲爱的,尽量保持不要动 |
[23:05] | Sorry! My toe itched,but I think I got it. | 对不起!我的脚趾很痒,但我想没问题 |
[23:09] | This is gonna make for one hell of a show-and-tell. | 这只是让某个人去展示和表达 |
[23:15] | Cooool. | 酷 |
[23:19] | Like mother, like daughter. | 有其母必有其女 |
[23:22] | You found another peanut? | 你找到另外一颗花生了? |
[23:26] | The exact same spot as Mom. | 完全和妈妈的一样 |
[23:28] | I have a peanut in my head? | 我脑子中有一颗花生? |
[23:32] | (DR. SOORAN)Just a little extra lump of brain that looks like one. | 只是一个看起来像花生的小肿块 |
[23:38] | And Mommy has one, too? | 妈妈也有一个? |
[23:41] | That’s right, kiddo.Mommy has one, too. | 是的,妈妈也有一个 |
[23:44] | I understand there’s another daughter. | 我知道你们还有个女儿 |
[23:46] | Perhaps we could find the time. | 也许我们可以约个时间 |
[23:48] | ( raises voice )Perhaps we could find the time to perform a scan on her as well. | 也许我们可以约个时间对她也做个检查 |
[23:53] | You did a wonderful job,Bridgette. | 你做的很好,Bridgette |
[23:55] | I’m sure your mom and dad are real proud of you. | 我相信你妈妈和爸爸都为你感到骄傲 |
[23:59] | ( thumping grows louder and almost deafening ) | |
[24:01] | ( thumping transforms into that of a train chugging ) | |
[24:07] | Hey, honey. | 嘿,亲爱的 |
[24:11] | Would you like me to touch you now? | 你现在想让我抚摸你吗? |
[24:13] | Want me to scratch your back? | 向让我抓你的背吗? |
[24:16] | I give a great massage. | 我会给你一个很好的按摩 |
[24:18] | Maybe I could wash you. | 或许我可以帮你洗澡 |
[24:21] | If you untie me… | 只要你解开我… |
[24:22] | We can take a bath. | 我们可以一起洗澡 |
[24:25] | Please, baby? | 求你了,亲爱的? |
[24:27] | It’s starting to hurt. | 我有些疼 |
[24:29] | Shhh… | 嘘… |
[24:32] | Do you like the desert? | 你喜欢沙漠吗? |
[24:35] | Huh? | 呃? |
[24:38] | What are you doing? | 你要做什么? |
[25:08] | DR. SOORAN:Again, I don’t know what this all means. | 再说一次,我并不知道这说明了什么 |
[25:11] | This extra pocket of blood flow to the brain. | 多余的血液流进大脑 |
[25:13] | Perhaps I could interview you sometime. | 或许某天我可以和你谈一下 |
[25:15] | Interview you both. | 和你们两个一起 |
[25:17] | See if there’s some manisfestation of all this that we can identify and quantify. | 看看有什么我们可以识别和确诊的现象 |
[25:22] | But first we need to get Ariel in here. | 但首先我们需要把Ariel也带来 |
[25:26] | (SOORAN)Yes, if they all have it, | 是的,如果她们都有的话 |
[25:28] | then we’re truly onto something. | 我们就真的要了解一些事情了 |
[25:37] | Well, I say that was two hours very well spent. | 我想说这两个小时真是值得 |
[25:40] | Mm. | 嗯 |
[25:42] | You understand her point about Ariel? | 你理解她说的关于Ariel的问题吧? |
[25:47] | Mrs. Dubois! | Dubois夫人! |
[25:48] | Back for seconds. | 又来了 |
[25:50] | Hi. | 嗨 |
[25:51] | Hi. | 嗨 |
[25:52] | How you doing? | 你怎么样? |
[25:53] | That was you in there? | 你刚才就在那里? |
[25:55] | I told you,I’m a regular. | 我告诉过你,我是常客了 |
[25:57] | The joke around here is that | 可笑的是 |
[25:58] | I keep mistaking this place for a tanning salon. | 我把这地方当成了晒肤的沙龙中心 |
[26:03] | Hey, did you ever find that girl? | 嘿,你找到那个女孩了吗? |
[26:06] | No. | 没 |
[26:08] | Not yet. | 还没有 |
[26:10] | The desert. | 在沙漠 |
[26:12] | They think she was buried in the desert, along with a few others. | 他们觉得她被埋葬在了沙漠中,和其他人一起 |
[26:16] | You mean someone… | 你是说有人… |
[26:17] | Smothered them… | 把她们闷死… |
[26:19] | and buried them. | 并埋了她们 |
[26:20] | That’s the theory. | 推测是这样的 |
[26:24] | And they’ve been rotting in the sun ever since. | 那些人在阳光下腐烂 |
[26:26] | They’ve been sitting there and rotting | 在过去的五到六年里 |
[26:28] | for the last five or six years. | 她们被放在那里一点点的腐烂 |
[26:33] | Excuse me. I… | 对不起.我… |
[26:38] | I think a simple “No.We’re still working on it. | 我想一句简单的“不,我们还在调查 |
[26:39] | She hasn’t turned up yet.”would have sufficed. | 她还没被发现”就足够了 |
[26:52] | (ALLISON)You meet him, | 你遇见他 |
[26:53] | you’re with him.He seems like the nicest guy in the world. | 你和他在一起 他看起来像是世界上最好的人 |
[26:55] | He goes into this machine,he gets scanned, | 他被推进机器里,被扫描 |
[26:57] | and suddenly I see this whole other side of him. | 突然,我看到了他的另一面 |
[27:00] | Maybe you do and maybe you don’t. | 也许有也许没有 |
[27:02] | What’s that mean? | 什么意思? |
[27:03] | Allison, I believe you when you say you see his thoughts, | Allison,当你说你看到了他的想法时我完全相信你 |
[27:06] | but thoughts are not necessarily memories. | 但想法并不完全是记忆 |
[27:09] | They can be ideas or fantasies. | 它们可能只是念头或者幻想 |
[27:14] | Didn’t you say that his wife first appeared to you as a prostitute? | 你是不是说过 你第一次看到他妻子时她是个妓女? |
[27:18] | Wall, from what I’ve read,he wouldn’t be the first man | 据我所知,他并不是第一个 |
[27:21] | to have had that particular daydream. | 有这种特别幻想的男人 |
[27:23] | Well, with all due respect,sir, | 没有冒犯之意,先生 |
[27:24] | these areviolent, gruesome, horrible encounters that I’m seeing. | 但我看到的是一种暴力 可怕和恐怖的遭遇 |
[27:28] | But if they never really happened, | 但如果那些从未发生过 |
[27:30] | they’re not illegal. | 那就不违法 |
[27:32] | Allison, I don’t know what to tell you. | Allison,我不知道怎么和你说 |
[27:34] | The man you’re suspicious of has no real record. | 你怀疑的这个家伙没有任何真实的记录 |
[27:37] | There appear to be no real victims,and my suspicion is, | 看起来并没有真正的受害者,我的想法是 |
[27:39] | what we’ve got here is no real crime. | 我们所调查的并不是个真实的犯罪 |
[27:42] | Allison? | |
[27:46] | Allison? | |
[27:46] | Excuse me. | 对不起 |
[27:50] | Allison! | |
[27:52] | Mrs. Saunders. | Saunders夫人 |
[27:54] | Angela, are you looking for me? | Angela,你在找我吗? |
[28:00] | If I tell you a secret… | 如果我告诉你个秘密… |
[28:03] | If I take you into my confidence, | 如果我能够信任你的话 |
[28:06] | how can I be sure that you aren’t gonna tell my husband? | 我怎么能确信你不会去告诉我的丈夫? |
[28:11] | When your husband isn’t running his copy shop, | 当你丈夫不在复印店时 |
[28:14] | does he work for the prosecutor’s office? | 他是否为检查局工作? |
[28:17] | Then I have no reason to tell him anything, Angela. | 那么我就没有理由 会告诉他任何事,Angela |
[28:24] | It’s not Angela. | 我不是Angela |
[28:25] | Um… | 嗯… |
[28:27] | it’s Jade. | 我就是Jade |
[28:30] | Actually, or Melanie. | 事实上,或叫Melanie |
[28:33] | Really, but, um… | 是真名,但是,嗯… |
[28:35] | My name, my street name– | 我的名字,我在工作时的名字– |
[28:39] | at least the first time that I met David– | 至少是第一次碰到David的时候的名字– |
[28:42] | was Jade. | 是Jade |
[28:44] | I’d seen his car around before. | 之前我看见过他的车在四周闲逛 |
[28:47] | There was somethingabout him… some… | 他身上有一些…一些… |
[28:52] | essense that you picked up.This, uh, this core of niceness. | 你看得到的精华.这,呃,很美好的东西 |
[28:53] | Hey, loverboy, you lonely? | 嘿,亲爱的,你寂寞吗? |
[28:58] | Sure. | 当然 |
[28:59] | Oh, I was such a mess. | 哦,我是那么意乱情迷 |
[29:03] | I even let him tie me up. | 我甚至让他把我绑了起来 |
[29:09] | Yeah. | 耶 |
[29:15] | What’s that? | 那是什么? |
[29:16] | The train. | 火车 |
[29:18] | We’re a block away. | 就在几街区外 |
[29:21] | There was one little problem. | 只有一个小问题 |
[29:24] | He finished too early. | 他结束得太早了 |
[29:28] | You see, my pimp and I had come to this new arrangement. | 你知道,我的老板和我有一种新的合作 |
[29:31] | When I came across someone who wanted to take me home, | 当我遇到某个想要带我回家的男人时 |
[29:34] | if it seemed like he had some money | 如果他看起来很有钱 |
[29:36] | and wouldn’t put up much of a fuss, | 又不会表现的大惊小怪 |
[29:38] | my pimp would follow us, | 我的老板就会跟着我们 |
[29:40] | and then he would break in and rob the place | 当我在卧室留住嫖客时 |
[29:42] | while I kept the john occupied in the bedroom. | 他就会闯进屋子抢劫 |
[29:47] | Do you like the desert? | 你喜欢沙漠吗? |
[29:53] | So he broke in around midnight, | 他在午夜时闯了进来 |
[29:57] | …knocked over a lamp on his way into the window. | …在爬窗户时碰倒了一个台灯 |
[30:00] | Wh-Where you are going, baby? | 你,你去哪里,宝贝? |
[30:02] | Come back, baby, come back! | 回来!宝贝,回来! |
[30:04] | They met each other in the hallway. | 他们在走廊里碰见了对方 |
[30:06] | There was a fight. | 然后打了起来 |
[30:08] | And then I heard a gunshot. | 然后我听到一声枪响 |
[30:15] | What did you do? | 你干了什么? |
[30:17] | What did you do?! | 你干了什么?! |
[30:20] | He dragged me out of there. | 他把我拖了出去 |
[30:22] | David was lying there in the hallway, | David就躺在走廊里 |
[30:25] | bleeding from his head. | 头上流着血 |
[30:28] | He wasn’t moving. | 一动不动 |
[30:29] | What did you do? | 你做了什么? |
[30:32] | I waited till my pimp got high and then… | 我等到老板吸毒后,然后… |
[30:35] | I snuck away and I called 911. | 我偷偷的逃了出去,打了911 |
[30:38] | The next day I read in the paper | 第二天我从报上得知 |
[30:39] | that a bullet had passed through David’s skull. | 一颗子弹穿过了David的头骨 |
[30:44] | He almost bled to death on the floor. | 他躺在地板上几乎因为流血而死 |
[30:47] | So you saved his life. | 所以说是你救了他 |
[30:50] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[30:52] | In a strange way, he, uh, | 他,呃,以一种 |
[30:54] | he returned the favor. | 奇特的方式回报了我 |
[30:57] | I don’t know what it was… | 我不知道那是什么… |
[31:00] | but being that close to death– | 但那么近距离地面对死亡– |
[31:01] | something about it, | 这样的感觉 |
[31:02] | it… it changed me. | 改变了我 |
[31:05] | I got myself off the street. | 我离开了大街 |
[31:07] | I checked into rehab. | 递交了职业申请 |
[31:08] | A couple months later,I was deep into the program. | 几个月后,我加入了一个计划 |
[31:10] | You know, the 12 steps? | 你知道吗,叫12步的计划? |
[31:13] | And I had taken all my personal inventory | 我接受了所有的评估 |
[31:16] | and now it was time for step nine: | 接着到了第九个阶段: |
[31:18] | making amends. | 赔罪 |
[31:22] | I went to David’s hospital room, | 我去了David的病房 |
[31:24] | all ready to tell him what I’d done, you know, | 准备想要告诉他我所做的一切,你知道 |
[31:28] | accept responisibility,take the consequences. | 承担责任,面对后果 |
[31:32] | And that’s when I realized he didn’t remember me. | 直到我意识到他已经不记得我了 |
[31:37] | He didn’t remember anything. | 他不记得任何事情 |
[31:39] | His life before that night– | 他在那晚之前的生命– |
[31:41] | it was a blank. | 一片空白 |
[31:43] | He had been in the hospital for months with his friends | 他已经在医院里住了好几个月,他的朋友 |
[31:47] | coming by every day, trying to fill in his memory for him, | 每天都来看他,试着帮他恢复记忆 |
[31:51] | reminding him that, uh, | 提醒他,呃 |
[31:53] | he loved watching baseball. | 他爱看棒球 |
[31:55] | That his favorite food was pizza. | 他最喜欢吃的是Pizza |
[31:59] | Of course they couldn’t fill him in on | 当然他们不可能帮他恢复 |
[32:00] | the parts of his life that they didn’t know anything about– | 他生命中连他们都不知道的一些事情– |
[32:06] | the cruising,the girls off the street. | 他的猎艳生活,他载走的那些女孩 |
[32:09] | And they didn’t know anything about what got him into the hospital | 他们也不知道他为什么会住进医院l |
[32:13] | except for what they read in the paper, you know, | 出了从报纸上看到,你知道 |
[32:14] | that a man had broken into his home and shot him,left him for dead. | 有个男人闯进了他的房间射伤了他 让他自生自灭 |
[32:22] | I started visiting him every day, | 我开始每天去看他 |
[32:23] | First at the hospital, | 开始是去医院 |
[32:25] | then at his business. | 接着是去他的店 |
[32:29] | I should have told him then, | 我应该要告诉他的 |
[32:30] | you know? I should have told him everything. | 你知道吗?我应该要告诉他一切 |
[32:34] | But I couldn’t. | 但是我不能 |
[32:37] | Before I knew it,I was in love. | 我不知不觉的陷入了爱情之中 |
[32:40] | And so was he. | 他也是 |
[32:44] | We’ve been married for five years now. | 我们现在已经结婚五年了 |
[32:46] | We want to have a family. | 我们都想要个家 |
[32:50] | That man who used to pick up girls off the street? | 那个曾经载走街上女孩的家伙? |
[32:53] | He doesn’t exist anymore. | 他不再存在了 |
[32:56] | And that girl that, uh, | 而那个女孩,呃 |
[32:57] | you’re looking for? | 你在找的那个女孩? |
[32:59] | Well, she’s fine. | 她很好 |
[33:01] | Oh, she’s better than fine. | 哦,她过得没有比这更好了 |
[33:07] | Isn’t there any way that we can put the past behind us? | 难道我们就不能把过去抛在脑后? |
[33:11] | Particularly when there is so much future to look forward to? | 尤其当未来是 如此让人值得期待的时候? |
[33:18] | Wow… | 哇哦… |
[33:20] | Let me see what I can do. | 让我想想我能做些什么 |
[33:22] | | |
[33:26] | And he has no idea? | 他完全不知道? |
[33:29] | About her past? | 关于她的过去? |
[33:31] | Apparently not. | 显然不知道 |
[33:32] | And the ultimate romantic irony? | 最浪漫的讽刺是? |
[33:36] | She has no idea about his. | 她也完全不知道他的过去 |
[33:38] | Although, who am I kidding? | 既然如此,那我在搞什么呢? |
[33:39] | I’m not certain about his past either. | 我也不确定他的过去 |
[33:42] | Maybe Devalos was right. | 或许Devalos说得对 |
[33:44] | Maybe what I tapped into when he was in that machine was some sort of | 她也完全不知道他的过去只是一些 |
[33:48] | dark fantasy. | 黑暗的幻想 |
[33:55] | I can feel the heat coming off your brain from here. | 从这儿我就能感到你脑子散发的热量 |
[33:58] | What are you chewing on? | 你在考虑什么? |
[34:01] | Mm, nothing much. | 嗯,没什么 |
[34:02] | Just the mystery of life. | 只是生命的神秘 |
[34:05] | That again. | 又来了 |
[34:07] | You need to get your head out of the clouds | 你需要理清你的思路 |
[34:09] | and think about something that matters. | 想想有用的事情 |
[34:11] | Mm… | 嗯… |
[34:12] | Are we really just the sum of our memories? | 我们真的就是记忆中的那个人吗? |
[34:17] | Wait a second. | 等等 |
[34:17] | I know the answer to that.I read it in a magazine. | 等一下,我知道这问题的答案 我在杂志上读到过 |
[34:23] | I mean, David Saunders,he looks at his wife | 我是说,David Saunders,他看着他的妻子 |
[34:25] | and he sees this wonderful woman that he met | 自从他在医院里 |
[34:28] | in the hospital while he was recovering | 从那场可怕的事故中恢复过来时 |
[34:30] | from a horrible accident. | 碰到的迷人的女人 |
[34:34] | That’s who she is to him, | 对他来说就是她 |
[34:35] | that’s all he knows, | 他所知道的她的全部 |
[34:36] | and when he wakes up in the morning he looks in the mirror | 当他早晨醒来看着镜子里的自己 |
[34:39] | he doesn’t see a guy who went cruising downtown | 他不会看见那个在市区到处猎艳 |
[34:42] | looking for strangers to have sex with, or worse. | 和陌生女子做爱,或者更糟的家伙 |
[34:46] | He sees the guy that I see when I go visit him at the print shop. | 他看到的是那个 当我在冲印店遇见的家伙 |
[34:50] | A member of the Chamber of Commerce. | 一个商业协会的成员 |
[34:52] | A little league sponsor. | 一个小联盟的主办人 |
[34:54] | A devoted husband. | 一个称职的丈夫 |
[34:56] | Well, maybe. | 也许吧 |
[34:58] | What do you mean maybe? | 什么叫也许吧? |
[34:59] | I mean, who knows what really goes on in someone’s brain? | 我是说, 有谁知道 某个人的脑子里到底发生了什么? |
[35:02] | Who knows what memories actually survive | 谁知道哪些记忆会得以保留 |
[35:04] | and what might trigger them. | 而什么又会引起对它们的回忆 |
[35:07] | Anyway, what are we talking about? | 不管怎样,我们到底在讨论什么? |
[35:08] | Didn’t you tell me you were pretty much convinced | 你不是告诉过我你十分确定 |
[35:09] | that whatever you saw didn’t really happen? | 那些你所看见的事并没有真正发生过? |
[35:11] | Was only in his head. | 那只发生在他的脑海里吗 |
[35:13] | No, I keep thinking… | 不,我现在在想… |
[35:16] | if I see it, | 如果我看见了那些事情 |
[35:17] | it’s in his head,and if it’s in his head,it’s in his head for a reason. | 在他的脑海里,而这一定有它们存在的原因 |
[35:21] | If a memory is killed in the forest | 如果有段记忆被抹杀 |
[35:23] | and there’s no one there to hear it… | 而从来没有人知道… |
[35:25] | ( mockingly )Ha, ha, ha. | 哈,哈,哈 |
[35:28] | What time do we have to go to this MRI place in the morning? | 我们明天早上几点 去那个做核磁共振的地方? |
[35:32] | I don’t know what to tell you. | 我不知道怎么告诉你 |
[35:33] | I don’t see it. | 我没有看见 |
[35:35] | I don’t see any signs of venous angioma in Ariel’s brain. | 我没有在ariel的脑中 发现任何静脉血管瘤的迹象 |
[35:38] | –Oh… | –Oh. –哦… –哦 |
[35:41] | –Hey. | –Hey. –嘿 –嘿 |
[35:42] | Good news. | 好消息 |
[35:45] | Absolutely. | 绝对的 |
[35:45] | Very good. | 非常棒 |
[35:51] | You’re disappointed,aren’t you? | 你很失望,是吗? |
[35:53] | Ah, it was a nice theory. | Ah,这曾是个很棒的推测 |
[35:55] | Would ha answered a lot of questions. | 能解答许多的问题 |
[35:59] | I admit it, I had visions of newborns | 我承认,我已经有了很多 |
[36:01] | all over the world being tested for the “Dubois angioma”. | 关于“dubois血管瘤”测试的新想法 |
[36:04] | Ah, the Dubois angioma. | 啊,Dubois血管瘤 |
[36:06] | Nice. | 不错 |
[36:08] | Hi, sorry.I’m late.You wanted to see me? | 嗨,对不起,我迟到了.你要见我? |
[36:11] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[36:11] | No big deal. | 没什么大事 |
[36:12] | I just wanted to let you know that I received | 我只是要告诉你我收到了 |
[36:14] | the rest of the inquiry on David Saunders. | 剩下的关于David saunders的调查报告 |
[36:17] | Went all the way back to 1995 and there’s really nothing there. | 一直调查到1995年,没有什么发现 |
[36:21] | A couple of neighbors’complaints about noise, | 一些邻居关于噪声的抱怨 |
[36:23] | a parking ticket, a couple of traffic violations… | 一张违规停车发单;一些交通违例记录… |
[36:27] | What are these? | 这些是什么? |
[36:28] | Those are evidence shots | 那是他在1998年 |
[36:29] | from a photo-enforced stoplight he ran in 1998. | 被强制摄像机拍下的闯红灯的证据 |
[36:32] | You’ve seen them– | 你应该看见过那些– |
[36:32] | you run the light and it automatically takes | 如果你闯红灯 |
[36:34] | pictures of the car,whoever’s driving,the license plate… | 它就会自动拍下的照片,是谁在驾驶,车子的牌照… |
[36:38] | Pretty much eliminates people going to trial | 让人们无法逃脱交通罚单的处罚 |
[36:40] | over traffic tickets– why? | 你问这个干嘛? |
[36:43] | See this woman here in the front seat? | 看到坐在前排的那个女人吗? |
[36:50] | I’ve seen her before. | 我以前看到过她 |
[37:09] | It’s not about you. | 这和你无关 |
[37:10] | It’s about him. | 是关于他的 |
[37:23] | Well, I guess that’s me. | 我想这人是我 |
[37:25] | I have no idea who that woman seated next to me is. | 但我不知道坐在我旁边的那女人是谁 |
[37:28] | Her name is Delmy. | 她叫Delmy |
[37:30] | Delmy O’Toole. | |
[37:31] | She’s a prostitute. | 她是个妓女 |
[37:34] | Was a prostitute. | 曾经是 |
[37:38] | No one here is suggesting | 这里没有人暗示 |
[37:39] | that that’s what she was doing in your car, | 她在你车里代表了什么 |
[37:40] | or that you were in engaged in anything illegal | 也不是说你曾经参与不当或违法的事件 |
[37:42] | or inappropriate,Mr. Saunders, but… | 但是,Saunders先生… |
[37:45] | we have been conducting a review of | 我们正在对一些未结案的失踪人口案件 |
[37:47] | open missing persons cases. | 进行调查 |
[37:49] | Miss O’Toole’s been missing since the late ’90s. | O’Toole小姐大约失踪于九十年代末 |
[37:53] | And I am aware of the unique circumstances | 我也了解你的记忆状况 |
[37:55] | surrounding your memory of anything that might have happened so long ago, | 尤其对于那么久以前发生的事 |
[37:58] | but, still, when we came across this photo… | 但,当我们看到这张照片… |
[38:03] | Well, this is very strange. | 这很令人奇怪 |
[38:04] | I mean, weren’t you asking me about another missing person | 我是说,你上星期不是刚问过我 关于另一个失踪人口 |
[38:07] | just last week?Another prostitute? | 的事情吗?另一个妓女? |
[38:11] | I mean, is their something I don’t know? | 我是说,是不是有什么我不知道的事情? |
[38:15] | Was I someone who spent a lot of… | 我是不是个曾经花了很多… |
[38:16] | No, uh… | 不,呃… |
[38:17] | We have a right to a lawyer, right? | 我们有请律师的权利,对吗t? |
[38:20] | No, we don’t need a lawyer. | 不,我们不需要律师 |
[38:21] | I haven’t done anything wrong. | 我没有做错任何事情 |
[38:23] | And you haven’t done anything wrong. | 你也没有 |
[38:24] | (DEVALOS)Of course. | 当然 |
[38:25] | You always have the right to an attorney, | 你随时都有请律师的权利 |
[38:26] | but frankly, no one here is being accused of anything. | 但坦白的说,你们不会 因为任何事情被起诉 |
[38:29] | We were just hoping that you could shed some light | 我们只是希望你能为这些失踪人口的案件 |
[38:31] | on these missing persons cases. | 提供点线索 |
[38:33] | Cases? | 这些案件? |
[38:35] | There are more? | 还有别的? |
[38:36] | Yes, sir. | 是的,先生 |
[38:37] | –Prostitutes? –Oh, David… | –关于妓女的? –哦,David… |
[38:40] | No, this is nothing. | 不,这没有关系 |
[38:41] | This has nothing to do with us. | 这和我们一点关系也没有 |
[38:43] | They’re just trying to find some missing people. | 他们只是想要找到一些失踪的人 |
[38:45] | Sh… | 嘘… |
[38:53] | I don’t know this woman. | 我不认识这个女人 |
[39:00] | No. I’m sorry. | 不认识,对不起 |
[39:07] | No. | 不 他不认识她们 |
[39:07] | He doesn’t know them, | 不 他不认识她们 |
[39:09] | okay.He doesn’t. | 行了,他不认识 |
[39:10] | Now, if he met them before the accident, | 现在,即使他在出事前遇到过她们 |
[39:13] | he doesn’t remember them. | 他也不记得她们了 |
[39:14] | And besides, what difference does that make?That was then. | 再说,这有什么关系,那时是那时 |
[39:21] | Do you like the desert,Mr. Saunders? | 你喜欢沙漠吗,Saunders先生? |
[39:31] | Do you like the desert? | 你喜欢沙漠吗? |
[39:35] | No, he… no, he doesn’t like the desert. | 不,他…不,他不喜欢沙漠 |
[39:36] | He refuses to go there. | 他拒绝去那儿 |
[39:37] | Okay, where ever it is that you’re trying to go with this, | 行了,不管你们想要从那种方向进行调查 |
[39:40] | you’re barking up… | 你们都弄错了… 闭嘴,Jade! |
[39:40] | Shut up, Jade! | 你们都弄错了… 闭嘴,Jade! |
[40:00] | David, Did, I love you. | David,Did,我爱你 |
[40:05] | I’ve loved you every second of every single day | 我每一天每一秒都在爱着你 |
[40:08] | since I met you at the hospital. | 自从我在医院遇见你 |
[40:12] | And whatever happened before, | 不管之前发生过什么 |
[40:14] | I swear to God,that doesn’t matter, | 我向上帝发誓,那一点关系都没有 |
[40:16] | okay? Tell me. | 好吗?告诉我 |
[40:17] | Tell me that it doesn’t matter. | 告诉我那一点关系都没有 |
[40:24] | I love you, too, Angela. | 我也爱你,Angela |
[40:29] | This isn’t about something you did. | 但这和你所做的无关 |
[40:32] | I think this is about something I might have done. | 我想是我可能做了些事情 |
[40:34] | Yeah, but I forgive you. | 是的,但我原谅你了 |
[40:38] | And I love you. | 我爱你 |
[40:41] | But I’m not so sure you should. | 但我不肯定你是否应该这样 |
[40:47] | I think perhaps… | 我想或许… |
[40:53] | perhaps I might not be the man you think I am. | 或许我不是你认为的那个男人 |
[40:56] | No, no… | 不,不… |
[41:00] | No. | 不 |
[41:05] | Yes. | 是的 |
[41:07] | I’m sorry. | 对不起 |
[41:11] | Can I see those pictures again? | 我能再看一下那些照片吗? |
[41:24] | I think… | 我想… |
[41:26] | I would like to go to the desert, actually. | 事实上,我愿意去沙漠 |
[41:39] | Do you think we could take a ride? | 你觉得我们可以开车去吗? |
[41:46] | Oh… look who finally made it home. | 哦…看看谁回来了 |
[41:51] | Hi. | 嗨 |
[41:53] | Hi, stranger. | 嗨,陌生人 |
[41:56] | How was the desert? | 沙漠怎么样? |
[41:58] | It was filled with secrets. | 充满了秘密 |
[42:01] | Filled with corpses. | 充满了尸体 |
[42:04] | Good for you. | 对你来说很好 |
[42:05] | You got him. | 你抓住了他 |
[42:09] | I guess. | 我想是的 |
[42:13] | You guess? | 你想? |
[42:16] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[42:19] | We got the right man,I guess that’s a good thing. | 我们抓对了人,我想这是件好事 |
[42:24] | So what’s bothering you? | 那你在困扰什么? |
[42:27] | Come here. | 过来 |
[42:37] | Al, what are you doing? | Al,你在作什么? |
[42:39] | Sh… | 嘘… |
[42:42] | I want to remember this moment for the rest of my life. | 我想要一生都记住现在这一刻 |