时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:01] | Breakfirst’s ready ! | 午饭好了! |
[00:03] | Everybody ! Lunch ! | 来吃饭! |
[00:07] | Lunch! lunch ! lunch, lunch, luuuunnch !!! | 吃饭! 吃饭! 吃饭! |
[00:11] | Hi, someone please tell me what’s happening up there ? | 有人能告诉我外面是什么东西么? |
[00:14] | It’s impossible to fire with all that … lumber out there in the middle of the yard. | 在院子当中堆了那么多木头 可能会着火的 |
[00:17] | You know, it’s, it’s a skateboard ramp or it’s going to be whenever he finishes it. | 也许是溜滑板用的斜坡吧 这要等他干完了才知道 |
[00:22] | When he finishes it… | 他什么时候可以干完… |
[00:28] | Well, what do you want to know ? | 好了, 我又做错什么了么? |
[00:30] | Look, it’s simple, you’re living in a house with five other people. | 听着, 跟你一起住的还有其他五个人 |
[00:32] | The backyard is everybody’s backyard | 后院是大家的后院 |
[00:34] | so you can’t let your project sitting out there in the middle of the yard. | 所以你不能把你的工程摆在院子当中 |
[00:37] | – I don’t understand why it’s so a bid deal, -You have to put it away. | – 我不明白, 这不公平 – 你必须把它拿开 |
[00:40] | I mean if it’s in your way, you can moove it, I won’t get mad. | 如果挡了你的路, 你可以把它拿走 我不会介意的 |
[00:43] | Brian, you’re missing the point. | Brian, 你没明白我的意思 |
[00:45] | I don’t want to put your things away. | 我不想把你的东西扔了 |
[00:46] | No one else in this family wants to put your things away. | 家里没有人想扔掉你的东西 |
[00:49] | You’re 15. | 你已经15岁了 |
[00:50] | I shouldn’t have to explain common courtesy to you. | 应该不用我再向你解释怎么讲公德了 |
[00:53] | No, no, not salad. Anything but salad. | 不不不, 不要沙拉 什么都可以, 别是沙拉就行 |
[00:56] | I don’t want to hear anything about salad. | 我不想听到任何有关沙拉的抱怨 |
[01:01] | Brian? | |
[01:03] | Are you okay? | 你没事吧? |
[01:04] | Yeah. | 没事 |
[01:05] | Here, drink that. | 来, 喝点这个 |
[01:07] | No. | 不 |
[01:09] | You all right? | 你还好吧? |
[01:11] | No. | 不 |
[01:12] | Joe. | |
[01:16] | Try and spit it out. | 快把它吐出来 |
[01:18] | Cough it up. | 咳出来 |
[01:23] | Come on, now. | 加油啊, 快点 |
[01:33] | You okay? | 没事吧? |
[01:36] | No. Yeah. | 是的 |
[01:40] | It’s nothing. | 没事 |
[01:43] | It’s almost spring. | 快到春天了 |
[01:47] | I had a Brian dream. | 我梦见Brian了 |
[01:51] | I guess I was due. | 我猜这可能是老天的安排 |
[01:57] | Hey, what are you doing? | 嗨, 你要干嘛? |
[02:01] | Where are you going? | 你要去哪儿? |
[02:03] | It’s not even 6:00 a.m. | 还不到6点钟呢 |
[02:04] | I screwed up. We’re all out of coffee. | 我睡不着了, 家里已经没有咖啡了 |
[02:08] | I was at the market, I had it on my list and everything. | 我去过商场, 它和其它要买的东西 都被我记在购物清单上的 |
[02:11] | I don’t know what happened. | 我不知道是怎么回事 |
[02:12] | We’re all out. | 全部都用完了 |
[02:14] | Okay. We’re all out. | 好了, 咖啡喝完了 |
[02:17] | We’ll drink tea. | 我们可以喝茶啊 |
[02:18] | We’ll drink that nasty flavored stuff that my mother gave us for Christmas. | 我们先喝那个我妈妈圣诞节送的 味道怪怪的东西吧 |
[02:22] | I’ll go get the coffee. | 我再去买咖啡 |
[02:24] | Hey, where you going? | 嗨, 你要去哪儿? |
[02:26] | I’m going to get coffee. | 我去买咖啡 |
[02:29] | What time did you get up, Al? | 你什么时候起床的, Al? |
[02:31] | Hmm, 5:00 a.m.? | 嗯, 早上5:00? |
[02:32] | 4:00? | |
[02:34] | 3:00? | |
[02:36] | What difference does it make? | 有什么关系么? |
[02:38] | A while ago. And I’ve done nothing | 起来有一会了, 我什么也没干 |
[02:40] | except get myself very upset. | 只是感觉特别烦 |
[02:42] | So why don’t you cut me a little slack and just let me get in the car | 你干嘛不让我稍微放松一下 就让我进到车里 |
[02:45] | and maybe cry a little where no one can see me or hear me | 让我在每人看到也没人听到的地方 哭上一小会儿 |
[02:48] | and I will come home with a sack of coffee. | 接着我会带上一大袋咖啡回来的 |
[02:50] | It’s been 15 years, Al. | 已经过去15年了, Al |
[02:53] | For God’s sake, cut yourself a little bit of slack. | 看在上帝的份上, 让自己轻松一点吧 |
[02:56] | It was nothing. | 没什么 |
[02:58] | It was Mother Nature’s way of saying she didn’t get things quite right the first time, that’s all. | 这只是母亲本性的流露, 说你一开始 处理问题的方式不太正确, 就这些 |
[03:02] | – God, don’t give me a biology lesson. – And to hurry up and to try again, | – 天啊, 别再给我上生物课了 – 那就抓紧时间, 再试一次 |
[03:05] | which we did. | 就像我们以前所做的那样 |
[03:06] | Just let me get the coffee. | 让我去买咖啡吧 |
[03:07] | And it worked out great. | 这种解决方法很好 |
[03:17] | Are you guys not open yet? | 你们还没开门? |
[03:19] | Um, manager hasn’t shown up. | 嗯, 经理还没有来呢 |
[03:21] | She’s supposed to be here at 5:30 for the morning rush, but… | 她本该5:30到的 应付早上的购物高潮, 可是… |
[03:23] | I think I have her cell number. | 我想我有她的手机号码 |
[03:25] | It’s almost 6:30. | 现在已经6:30了 |
[03:36] | I hear something. | 好像有什么声音 |
[03:42] | I wonder why she isn’t answering. | 她怎么不接电话 |
[03:47] | Don’t hang up. | 别挂 |
[03:49] | I think I hear something inside. | 我听到里面好像有声音 |
[03:51] | I’m getting her voice mail. | 她的语音留言出来了 |
[03:52] | Hang up. Call again. | 挂掉, 再打 |
[04:02] | Hang up, call the police. | 挂掉, 打电话报警 |
[04:04] | Watch out, please. | 小心点 |
[04:08] | – Help me with this. – What… | – 帮我一下 – 什么… |
[04:09] | Help me with this. | 帮我一把 |
[04:18] | She must really be jonesing for that latte. | 看来她对咖啡一定有很大的瘾 灵媒辑凶 |
[05:33] | Hello? | 喂? |
[05:34] | Cancel that APB. I’m fine. | 长话短说, 我很好 |
[05:36] | I’m at The Coffee Palace and have been for the last… hour. | 我在Coffee Palace这里 已经呆了快…一个小时了 |
[05:41] | Okay. You’re okay. Good. I’m glad. | OK, 你没事, 好的, 听到这很高兴 |
[05:43] | It’s not what you think. I got here, | 不是像你想的那样, 我一到这里 |
[05:45] | a woman had been assaulted, so I called the police, | 就发现有个女人被杀了, 于是我报警了 |
[05:47] | I’m just waiting to hear. | 我只是留下来听消息 |
[05:50] | I’m sorry about before. | 我为刚才的事情道歉 |
[05:53] | Huh? What? There’s nothing to be sorry about. | 什么? 你没有什么该向我道歉的啊 |
[05:56] | Um, oh, wait. Scratch that. | 噢, 等等, 顺便说一句 |
[05:58] | You didn’t bring home the coffee. | 你没把咖啡买回来 |
[06:00] | You should be deeply sorry. | 你应该为这个道歉 |
[06:02] | Am I taking the girls to school? | 我是不是该送女儿们去上学了? |
[06:05] | Uh, could you? | 噢, 你能行么? |
[06:06] | I don’t think I could leave right now. | 我想我现在还脱不开身 |
[06:08] | No, I figured. | 好的, 我知道了 |
[06:11] | Listen, I got to run. | 听着, 我得走了 |
[06:13] | Cool. | 好 |
[06:21] | They tell me you’re the one who found the body. | 他们说是你发现的尸体 |
[06:23] | Anything you want to tell me? | 有什么要跟我说的? |
[06:24] | I was just coming to buy some coffee, but | 我只是想来买些咖啡 |
[06:26] | it’s almost 7:30 in the morning, we got the District Attorney, | 可现在已经到了早上7:30了 检察官来了 |
[06:30] | someone from the mayor’s office. | 市长办公室也来人了 |
[06:31] | Is there anything I should know? | 是不是有什么事情没告诉我? |
[06:33] | No. Me? I’m just showing the flag. | 什么, 我? 我也是刚刚才到 |
[06:35] | There’s been a string of robberies in the neighborhood | 这一带发生了一系列抢劫案 |
[06:38] | and the local store owners are up in arms, as you can imagine. | 商店老板们很有意见, 这个你也可以想象 |
[06:41] | Her? | 而她… |
[06:50] | Victim’s name’s Cristin Morehouse. Age 32. She’s the store manager. | 受害者为Cristin Morehouse, 32岁, 商店经理 |
[06:54] | Looks like she died from blunt force trauma to the head. | 看上去她是被钝器击中头部而死 |
[06:57] | The weapon was most likely a large, stainless steel thermos they found near the body. | 凶器很有可能是在尸体旁边发现的 大号不锈钢保温瓶 |
[07:01] | They sell them here. | 那是他们正在出售的商品 |
[07:03] | Any theories on how the perpetrator gained entry? | 有没有查出凶手是如何进入商店的? |
[07:05] | We still don’t know but there’s a couple of hundred missing from the register. | 现在还不知道, 不过登记的商品 丢失了几百件 |
[07:08] | So is that official? | 是官方的说法么? |
[07:09] | Are we characterizing this as a robbery gone bad? | 我们可以把这定性为抢劫杀人案么? |
[07:11] | I mean, can I give that to the press? | 我是说, 可以这样向媒体解释么? |
[07:14] | Wait a second… who robs a store at 6:00 in the morning? | 等等… 谁会在早上6:00抢劫商店呢? |
[07:16] | There’s no real money at 6:00 in the morning. | 早上6:00商店中没有什么现金 |
[07:19] | What did he still, her change? | 他想要什么, 零钱? |
[07:23] | I’m sorry. | 抱歉 |
[07:25] | I shouldn’t have… I just… | 我不该… 我只是… |
[07:28] | God, I would kill for a coffee. | 天哪, 我会被一袋咖啡给害死的 |
[07:36] | What are you doing? | 你在做什么? |
[07:40] | What have you got in there? | 你在里面藏了什么? |
[07:42] | This isn’t your room anymore, Ariel. | 这不再是你的房间了, Ariel |
[07:44] | It’s still my house, and if you have something in there, | 这里还是我的家 如果你在里面藏了什么的话 |
[07:46] | I have the right to know what it is. | 我有权知道到底是什么 |
[07:48] | No, you don’t. | 不, 你无权知道 |
[07:49] | Fine, then let’s get dad. | 好吧, 我去告诉爸爸 |
[07:52] | Can you keep a secret? | 你能帮我保密么? |
[07:54] | I don’t know… | 这我可说不准… |
[07:55] | show me what’s in the closet and I’ll tell you. | 先让我看看壁橱里是什么 我再告诉你 |
[08:03] | Dad! | 爸! |
[08:11] | Hello? | 喂? |
[08:13] | You’re home. | 你到家了 |
[08:14] | You figured that out, huh? | 你说对了, 怎么了? |
[08:18] | Uh, have you been in the garage yet? | 你去车库看过没有? |
[08:21] | Come on, man, do your thing. | 来吧, 伙计, 露一手 |
[08:24] | Time’s a-wastin’. | 别浪费时间了 |
[08:29] | I hate dogs. | 我讨厌狗 |
[08:33] | Come on. | 来吧 |
[08:35] | Yes, sir. | 好的, 先生 |
[08:36] | 7:30. | |
[08:38] | I’ll be happy to go with you. | 很乐意跟你一起去 |
[08:41] | Good night. | 晚安 |
[08:44] | My boss wants me to go to a memorial service, | 老板让我明天参加 |
[08:48] | tomorrow, for Cristin Morehouse. | Cristin Morehouse的追悼会 |
[08:50] | Apparently there’s going to be a lot press there | 显然在那里会遇到很大的压力 |
[08:52] | and since I’m the one who found the body… | 因为我是发现尸体的那个人… |
[08:55] | Hmm. | 嗯… |
[08:56] | So you can handle the kids tomorrow, and the dog? | 你明天能不能照顾好孩子们 还有那条狗? |
[08:58] | I left the patio door open. Maybe he’ll run away. | 我把院门开着, 说不定它会自己跑掉 |
[09:01] | You did not. | 别这样 |
[09:02] | All right, I did not. | 好吧, 我不会的 |
[09:04] | But what are we going to do? | 那我们该怎么做? |
[09:05] | We’re gonna make flyers, see if he belongs to anyone. | 我们贴一些失物招领单 看能不能找到它的主人 |
[09:08] | Okay, what if he does? What do we do then? | OK, 如果找到了呢? 接下来该怎么办? |
[09:10] | Bridgette’s already completely attached to him. | Bridgette已经跟它缠上了 |
[09:13] | I heard her tell Marie that she wanted to marry him and have his puppies. | 我听她跟Marie说, 她要嫁给它 并为它生几条小狗 |
[09:18] | I’m serious. | 我是认真的 |
[09:19] | There’s no winning on this. | 这件事不会有什么好结果的 |
[09:20] | Either his owner comes to claim him | 要么是主人找来认领 |
[09:22] | and then I got to rip the dog out of our sobbing daughter’s arms, | 我把它从泪汪汪的女儿怀中抱出来 |
[09:26] | or he doesn’t come to claim him | 要么是没人来认领 |
[09:27] | and we’re stuck with that mangy mutt until Marie goes to college | 我们被这只赖皮狗缠住 直到Marie上大学 |
[09:31] | and I can lure him under the wheels of a passing truck. | 我可以把它引诱到某辆 飞驰而过的卡车的车轮底下 |
[09:35] | God is gonna get you. | 老天不会放过你的 |
[09:37] | All right, forget the passing truck. I’ll put something in his food. | 好了, 忘掉那卡车吧 我往它的食物中下点东西如何 |
[09:40] | It’s much more humane. He won’t feel a thing. | 这样更人道一些,它不会感觉到痛苦 |
[09:42] | You’re such a liar. | 你这个骗子 |
[09:45] | – You love that dog. – I do not. | – 你爱那条狗 – 我不喜欢 |
[09:47] | – I do not. – I know you do. | – 我不喜欢 – 我知道你喜欢 |
[09:49] | All right, so who’s gonna make the flyers, me or you? | 好吧, 谁去写失物招领, 你还是我? |
[09:52] | I’ll do it tomorrow. | 我明天去写吧 |
[09:53] | Do you think maybe I should give him a bath? | 你说我是不是该给它洗个澡? |
[09:56] | A little doggy bath? | 就小冲一下? |
[09:58] | Hose him down, filthy little critter. | 用管子给它淋淋, 这个脏兮兮的小东西 |
[10:05] | Come here. | 过来 |
[10:07] | Oh! What are you doing? | 噢! 你在干什么? |
[10:10] | I don’t want your spit on me. | 别把你的唾沫往我脸上擦 |
[10:12] | Do you want them to give you a job? | 你还想不想要那份工作? |
[10:13] | Well, people don’t hire people who don’t wipe their mouths after they eat. | 他们可不会要吃完饭不擦嘴的家伙 |
[10:18] | You look nice. | 你看上去不错 |
[10:21] | Go get ’em, kid. | 去吧, 小子 |
[10:23] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[10:25] | You’re crazy. | 你这个疯子 |
[10:42] | What? | 什么? |
[10:44] | Oh, I don’t know. This. | 噢, 我不知道, 这个 |
[10:47] | I’ve just put on this dark suit too many times, | 这件黑西服我不知道穿了多少次 |
[10:50] | been driven to too many memorials, listened to | 参加了不知道多少回追悼会 |
[10:52] | too many politicians promise way too often that whoever it was didn’t die in vain. | 那些政客们空口无凭的承诺 不知道听了多少次 |
[10:57] | That now we’re going to do something different, | 我们现在就要改变这种状况 |
[10:59] | now we’re gonna make it safe. | 我们必须重建安全 |
[11:01] | Even made the speech myself a couple of times. | 这种演讲甚至我自己都做过几次 |
[11:05] | Sorry. | 抱歉 |
[11:06] | It’s just I know we’ll never get these two hours back. | 我只知道, 这两个小时 我们已经无法再要回来了 |
[11:09] | Still no leads? | 还是没有什么线索? |
[11:11] | One. | 有一个 |
[11:11] | Turns out Cristin Morehouse and her husband were going through a bad time. | 看上去Cristin Morehouse和她的丈夫 近期关系不是很好 |
[11:14] | Police were even called to the apartment twice. | 他们经常吵架,有两次甚至召来了警察 |
[11:17] | He finally moved out about month ago. | 大约一个月前, 他终于搬出去了 |
[11:19] | What are you saying? | 什么意思? |
[11:20] | I’m not sure I’m really saying anything. | 我也不清楚到底什么意思 |
[11:22] | Just a really smart lady asked me yesterday | 昨天有个很聪明的女士问我 |
[11:25] | “Who robs a store at 6:00 in the morning?” | “谁会在早上6:00去抢商店?” |
[11:27] | It got me thinking. Kids | 这让我开始思考, 孩子们 |
[11:29] | or someone she knew that, uh, | 或者是她认识的某个人 |
[11:32] | really wasn’t interested in the money at all. | 其实根本对钱不感兴趣 |
[11:39] | Morning. | 早上好 |
[11:40] | It’s the new Deputy Mayor. | 这位是新上任的副市长 |
[11:42] | Congratulations,by the way. | 祝贺你 |
[11:43] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[11:44] | I think. I’ll let you know in an hour or so. | 我想, 一个小时内你就会彻底了解我的 |
[11:47] | You’ll do great. | 你会干得很好的 |
[11:48] | It’s a memorial. | 这是个追悼会 |
[11:49] | It’s not like anyone’s charging admission. | 不需要买门票的 |
[11:51] | Just tell them that you’re going to catch the bad guys and make the streets safe again. | 告诉他们, 你会抓住凶手 让这条街恢复安全 |
[11:55] | Hit ’em with the task force thing. | 告诉他们你会成立特别专班 来查这件案子 |
[11:57] | They love the task force thing. | 他们喜欢听到特别专班这几个字 |
[12:00] | The Mayor, the District Attorney and the Chief of Police | 市长, 检察官和警察局长 |
[12:03] | are all keenly aware that robbery and, yes, even murder, | 都已经敏锐地注意到了抢劫 甚至是谋杀 |
[12:08] | have become far too matter-of-fact in Saguaro Heights. | 在Saguaro Heights已经变得 越来越平常了 |
[12:12] | With that in mind, | 考虑到这些 |
[12:13] | the Mayor has authorized a special task force | 市长专门成立了一个特别专班 |
[12:16] | charged with addressing neighborhood crime | 专门查办Saguaro Heights地区的 |
[12:19] | in the Saguaro Heights area. | 犯罪行动 |
[12:22] | Found the husband. | 找到了那个丈夫 |
[12:24] | He’s coming in to talk. | 他正过来 |
[12:26] | And here comes the press. | 媒体的人来了 |
[12:27] | James. | |
[12:28] | This is Allison Dubois. She works in my office. | 这位是Allison Dubois 她在我的办公室工作 |
[12:31] | You might want to speak with her. She’s the one who actually discovered the body. | 你可能想跟她谈谈 是她发现的尸体 |
[12:35] | Excuse me. | 失陪 |
[12:36] | Is that true? | 是真的么? |
[12:37] | Uh… uh-huh. Yesterday morning. | 嗯… 昨天早上 |
[12:39] | Uh… I-I couldn’t sleep so I woke up early and I was looking for a coffee place. | 嗯.. 我睡不着觉, 于是很早就爬起来 找一个地方来买点咖啡 |
[12:45] | As someone who works in the prosecutor’s office, | 作为检察官工作室的工作人员 |
[12:47] | do you think there’s any truth to the charge by locals that this area is under-policed? | 你认为当地居民关于这一地区 治安状况欠佳的控诉是否属实? |
[12:51] | That some of the wealthier communities in the town get more city protection? | 而与此同时城里的富人区 却可以得到更多的保护? |
[12:57] | Ma’am would you answer to that ? | 女士, 你对此有什么反应? |
[13:02] | Ma’am? | 女士? |
[13:09] | You’re saying you haven’t seen your wife since… | 就是说你没有见过你妻子, 自从… |
[13:11] | A week ago Saturday. | 一星期前, 上星期六 |
[13:12] | She called and said there was a problem with the garbage disposal. | 她打电话来, 说家里的垃圾处理装置 出了点问题 |
[13:15] | I went over to the house to fix it. | 我去她家, 把它修好了 |
[13:16] | I mean, it’s my house, too. She’s still my wife. | 我的意思是, 那也是我的家 她仍然是我的妻子 |
[13:20] | I mean… | 我是说… |
[13:24] | she was. | 曾经是 |
[13:28] | If you don’t mind my asking, | 如果不介意的话, 我想问一下 |
[13:29] | What exactly was the trouble between you and your wife? | 你和你妻子之间到底出了什么问题? |
[13:32] | So what’s your sense of him? | 你对他有什么感觉么? |
[13:33] | Excuse me? | 什么? |
[13:35] | Our guys here, what do you think? | 我们要找的人就在这里, 你怎么看? |
[13:39] | I don’t really have a sense. | 我没什么感觉 |
[13:42] | But mostly it was the kids thing. | 其实最重要的还是孩子的问题 |
[13:45] | We both wanted kids. | 我们都想要孩子 |
[13:50] | There were problems. | 但是碰到了问题 |
[13:54] | No matter what we did, we couldn’t seem to get pregnant. | 不管我们怎么努力, 她都没能怀上孕 |
[13:58] | Well, that must have been tough on both of you. | 嗯, 这一定是你们两个的心病 |
[14:00] | She blamed herself. | 她责怪自己 |
[14:02] | Way before I knew her, she… | 我认识她之前, 她… |
[14:05] | I mean… | 我是说… |
[14:08] | she had problems with drugs. | 她曾经吸过毒 |
[14:11] | – But she wouldn’t talk about it… – A place like The Coffee Palace. | – 但她不想谈这件事… – 像Coffee Palace这种地方 |
[14:14] | They have to have employee files. | 一定会有雇员的档案 |
[14:16] | Is there any way I could get a look at those? | 能不能让我去看看那些档案? |
[14:18] | Job applications– that kind of thing? | 工作申请表– 诸如此类的? |
[14:21] | I think Lee’s already ahead of you on this. I saw the files on his desk. | 我想Lee已经捷足先登了 我看到那些档案在他的办公桌上 |
[14:25] | Feel free to have a look at them when we’re done here. | 我们忙完这里的事情之后 你想怎么看都可以 |
[14:42] | Jessie Andrews. | |
[15:06] | Wow. | 哇 |
[15:07] | So, I mean, by that point, I already had his address. | 我是说, 这么一来, 我就知道他的地址了 |
[15:13] | Wait a second, you didn’t actually go there, did you? | 等一下, 你没有真的去那儿吧? |
[15:15] | How could I not? | 我为什么不去? |
[15:17] | I mean, I didn’t actually go up to his door and knock. | 我的意思说, 我没有真的过去敲门 |
[15:20] | But I drove by. I parked across the street. | 只是开车经过, 然后把车停在马路对面 |
[15:23] | Al, Al, Al. | |
[15:25] | How could I not? | 我怎能不这样做呢? |
[15:27] | See where he lives, see the color of his house, | 看看他住在哪里, 看看他房子的颜色 |
[15:30] | what his street looks like, who his neighbors might be. | 他那条街的情况怎么样 还有他邻居们的情况 |
[15:34] | Al, it’s easy– you just don’t go. | Al, 这很简单, 你没必要去 |
[15:36] | You don’t understand. | 你不明白 |
[15:38] | No, Allison, I do. | 不, Allison, 我知道 |
[15:39] | I understand completely. | 我什么都清楚 |
[15:40] | You had a dream about our unborn child. | 你梦见了我们还没有出生的孩子 |
[15:43] | And in that dream, our unborn child looked a lot like | 而且在梦中, 我们没有出生的孩子 看起来很像 |
[15:46] | this kid that you saw at this memorial service. | 你在追悼会上碰到的那个男孩 |
[15:49] | And that’s it– that’s the whole connection. | 这就是… 这就是事情的联系 |
[15:54] | Look, Allison… | 听着, Allison… |
[15:56] | take a step back. | 退一步想想 |
[15:58] | Get a little perspective. | 拿出一点观察力出来 |
[16:01] | Joe, he looked exactly like… | Joe, 他看起来非常像… |
[16:04] | Fine, but that doesn’t mean that he’s our son. | 好吧, 但这并不意味着他就是我们的孩子 |
[16:06] | That doesn’t mean that he’s anything to us, | 甚至不能说明他跟我们有任何联系 |
[16:08] | except a kid in a dream. | 那只是你梦中的一个孩子而已 |
[16:11] | Look, you go to this coffee shop once, maybe twice a month, right? | 你去那个咖啡店, 每个月一到两次, 是吧? |
[16:15] | Well, isn’t it possible that you saw him there and that you just don’t remember? | 有没有可能你在那里见过他 可后来又不记得了呢? |
[16:19] | And that you bore his face, and you put it… you gave it to the kid in your dream? | 你记下了他的长相 然后又在你的梦里出现 |
[16:25] | Daddy, Angus is scratching at the patio door! | 爸爸, Angus正在抓院门呢! |
[16:28] | Yeah, I’ll be right there, Bridge. | 好的, 我马上就来, Bridge |
[16:32] | Look, I-I’m sorry. | 我, 我很抱歉 |
[16:34] | I… I know that you’re going through something, | 我知道你正在经历一些痛苦的事情 |
[16:36] | and I want to… I want to say something to make it… | 我只是想说一些话让你不那么… |
[16:40] | I don’t know,not hurt so bad. | 怎么说呢, 让你不要那么难过 |
[16:44] | Mom! Mom! | 妈妈! 妈妈! |
[16:48] | Brian! | |
[16:50] | It’s Mrs. Morehouse– she’s dead! | 是Morehouse夫人, 她死了! |
[16:53] | I’m sorry! She’s just dead! | 我很抱歉! 她刚刚死去! |
[16:55] | What are you talking about? What happened? | 你在说什么? 发生什么了? |
[16:58] | Brian… | |
[16:59] | Brian, answer me! | Brian, 回答我! |
[17:02] | Why were you there?! | 你怎么去那里了? |
[17:03] | You are not supposed to go there anymore! | 你不该再去那里的! |
[17:05] | What were you thinking?! | 你在想什么啊! |
[17:07] | Brian! | |
[17:12] | Brian. | |
[17:28] | Okay… okay… | |
[17:31] | Okay, we-we-we’ve got everything under control now. | OK, 我, 我们现在控制住局势了 |
[17:39] | I’ll take care of your clothes. | 我来处理你的衣服 |
[17:47] | You finish your bath. | 你好好洗澡 |
[17:52] | And when you’re done with your bath… | 等你洗完澡后… |
[17:58] | I want you to take a shower. | 我想你最好还是淋一下 |
[18:00] | And when you’re done with your shower, | 等你冲完淋浴之后 |
[18:02] | I want you to take another bath. | 我要你再洗一遍澡 |
[18:04] | And… | 然后… |
[18:06] | when you’re all finished… | 等你把这都做完之后… |
[18:12] | call me in and I’ll… | 叫我, 我来… |
[18:15] | I’ll clean everything up. | 我来把所有东西收拾干净 |
[18:18] | Oh… | 噢… |
[18:29] | Hello. | 喂 |
[18:31] | Good morning. | 早上好 |
[18:32] | This is your official civil servant wake-up call. | 这是叫醒国家公务员的叫早电话 |
[18:34] | Mr. District Attorney. | 检察官先生 |
[18:37] | I think we have a viable suspect in the Morehouse case. | 我想我们找到了Morehouse一案中的 重要嫌疑犯 |
[18:40] | And I’ve just authorized Detective Scanlon to make contact | 我刚刚派Scanlon探员去和他接触 |
[18:42] | and see if we can’t bring him in here and have a conversation. | 看我们能不能把他带过来谈谈 |
[18:45] | And I was hoping you might be able to join us. | 希望你能来加入我们 |
[18:47] | Wait a second, I’m confused. What about the husband? | 等一下, 我有点糊涂, 那个丈夫呢? |
[18:50] | The husband has a rock-solid alibi. | 那个丈夫有不在场的证据 |
[18:52] | Turns out he was with a woman the morning of the murder. | 在案发的那天早上 他跟另外一个女人在一起 |
[18:55] | A married woman, no less. And not withstanding | 一个有夫之妇 |
[18:58] | the obvious embarassement for all involvment, | 虽然有些尴尬 |
[19:00] | she’s willing to corroborate his whereabouts. | 但她还是愿意为他提供证明 |
[19:01] | I expect to hear from Scanlon any minute. | 我正等着Scanlon的消息 |
[19:03] | I wanted him to speak with this kid before he left home to go to school. | 我让他在那孩子离家上学之前 跟他谈谈 |
[19:07] | A kid? | 一个孩子? |
[19:09] | Yeah, we’re zeroing in on one of the suspects who worked there, if you can believe it. | 是的, 你可能不敢相信 那个孩子正在那里工作 |
[19:13] | A boy named Andrews. Uh, Jessie Andrews. | 他的名字叫Andrews,Jessie Andrews |
[19:24] | I don’t know. I mean, I figured the first boss I’d have | 我不知道, 我是说 我还以为我的第一个老板 |
[19:29] | would be some big fat guy who’d yell at me. | 会是一个朝我大吼大叫的大个子 |
[19:32] | And she wasn’t like that. She was really nice and-and pretty | 她不这么干, 她真的很漂亮 |
[19:36] | and… you could talk to her about stuff. | 你可以随便跟她聊天 |
[19:41] | She’d just talk back to you. | 她也会反过来跟你聊 |
[19:44] | I don’t know, I-I really… I really liked it there. | 我不知道, 我真, 真的喜欢那里 |
[19:47] | She made it really nice. | 她把那里打理得很好 |
[19:48] | Some of the other kids said you were buying her things. | 其他孩子说你给她买过东西 |
[19:52] | It was for her birthday. | 那是为了庆祝她的生日 |
[19:53] | The other kids told him that it was her birthday, | 其他孩子跟他说, 那天是她的生日 |
[19:55] | so he brought her some perfume. | 于是他就给她买了些香水 |
[19:57] | It’s nice, that’s a very nice thing for a young man to do. | 不错, 对一个年轻人来说, 做得很好 |
[20:00] | You should be very proud. | 你应该感到非常自豪 |
[20:03] | Okay, so you bought her some perfume. | OK, 这么说你给她买了些香水 |
[20:06] | Um, he didn’t really buy it. He… | 嗯, 他并不是真的买, 他是… |
[20:09] | borrowed it from my dresser. I mean… | 他是从我的梳妆台里拿的, 我是说… |
[20:14] | It was expensive. | 那种香水很贵 |
[20:17] | I think she was a little thrown by it. | 我想这让她有些困扰 |
[20:20] | Jessie, do you think that contributed to her decision to let you go? | Jessie, 你是不是认为就是这 让她下决心解雇他? |
[20:26] | You guys know about that? | 你们知道这事? |
[20:28] | We looked at your employee file and some of your former colleagues | 我们看过你的员工档案 还有你以前的一些同事 |
[20:30] | filled us in on what happened, yes. | 告诉我们发生了什么事情 |
[20:34] | I think it was both ways. | 我想这事应该两面看 |
[20:37] | I think… I mean, maybe I wasn’t concentrating enough at work, ’cause… | 我觉得… 我是说, 也许我没有 集中精力干好工作, 因为… |
[20:43] | I like… talking to her. | 我老是想… 跟她聊天 |
[20:49] | But I also think that she really liked talking to me when I was around. | 不过我觉得当我在旁边时 她也很喜欢跟我聊天 |
[20:53] | So, I don’t know, I guess… | 所以, 我不知道, 我猜… |
[20:57] | I don’t-I don’t blame her. | 我, 我不怪她 |
[20:59] | So you weren’t mad at her? | 这么说你不生她的气? |
[21:01] | I mean, when she we was still alive you weren’t angry with her, right? | 我是说, 当她还活着的时候 你并不生她的气, 是不是? |
[21:05] | No. God, no. I just… | 是的, 天, 是的… 我只是… |
[21:09] | missed her. | 很想他 |
[21:13] | I still miss her. | 我现在仍然很想她 |
[21:15] | Okay? | |
[21:18] | So, she fired you. | 也就是说, 她把你解雇了 |
[21:22] | But you didn’t stay away. | 但你并没有离开 |
[21:26] | Obviously, Jessie didn’t handle things as well as he might have. | 很显然 Jessie并没有把这件事情处理好 |
[21:30] | He didn’t tell me that he’d been fired at first. | 一开始他根本就没有告诉我他被炒了 |
[21:32] | I think perhaps he was embarrassed. | 我想他可能是有些害羞 |
[21:38] | Be that as it may, it’s our understanding that things got a bit emotional. | 不管怎样, 我们的理解是 他对此有些情绪 |
[21:43] | It was his first job. | 这是他的第一份工作 |
[21:45] | He didn’t want to lose it. | 他不想失去它 |
[21:46] | Of course not. | 当然不想 |
[21:48] | Jessie, could you tell us where you were Wednesday morning between 5:00 and 6:00 a.m.? | Jessie, 你能告诉我们 星期三早上5:00到6:00你在哪里? |
[21:55] | Is my son being accused of something here? | 我儿子是不是被指控犯了什么罪行? |
[21:59] | No one is being accused of anything. | 没有人受到指控 |
[22:01] | Every employee at The Coffee Palace has been interviewed | Coffee Palace店中的每个员工 都要接受调查 |
[22:04] | and every employee at The Coffee Palace has answered that question. | Coffee Palace的每个员工 都回答了那个问题 |
[22:07] | If you’d like to stop and find Jessie an attorney, | 如果你想停下来, 为Jessie找一位律师 |
[22:10] | we’ll certainly understand. | 我们完全可以理解 |
[22:11] | But in my opinion, if he has nothing to hide, | 不过我的看法是 如果他没有什么好隐藏的 |
[22:14] | then it would be a foolish waste of time and money. But it is up to you. | 那这样做只会浪费时间和金钱 不过这取决于你 |
[22:25] | Go ahead, Jess. | 说吧, Jess |
[22:26] | – I was sleeping at home. – Can anybody verify that? | – 我在家里睡觉 – 有人可以证明么? |
[22:29] | I can. I got home from the hospital around 4:30. | 我可以, 我大概在4:30从医院回家 |
[22:32] | In the morning? | 早上? |
[22:33] | I had performed an emergency C-section. I’m an obstetrician. | 我刚主持了一场紧急剖腹产手术 我是一名妇科医生 |
[22:36] | Anyway, I peeked in on him, as I always do, and there he was. | 不管怎么说, 我回来时看了他一眼 就跟往常一样, 而他就在床上 |
[22:40] | Was there anybody else at home with you, Dr. Andrews? | 家里除了你还有其他人么 Andrews医生? |
[22:42] | No. | 没有 |
[22:43] | I’m not married, Detective. | 我没有结婚, 探员 |
[22:44] | It’s just the two of us, | 只有我们两个 |
[22:48] | Jessie and me. | Jessie和我 |
[22:51] | May I ask what size shoe you wear, Jessie? | 我可以问一下你穿多大号的鞋么 |
[22:53] | Excuse me. | 对不起 |
[22:54] | Did you ask all the other employees that? | 你们也问其他雇员这个问题么? |
[22:57] | Dr. Andrews, I’m sure you read the papers, | Andrews医生, 我想你看过报纸 |
[23:01] | and I’m sure you know how much pressure we’re all under to get to the bottom of this. | 我想你也知道我们正面临多么大的压力 |
[23:05] | But we can’t do that until we can eliminate all the people that had contact with Mrs. Morehouse. | 但我们只有排除每个与Morehouse太太 有接触的人之后, 才可以了解事实真相 |
[23:13] | We found footprints in the victim’s blood at the scene. | 我们在现场发现了沾有受害人血迹的足印 |
[23:17] | The tread marks indicate they came from a pair of size nine sneakers. | 鞋印表明那是一双九号的运动鞋 |
[23:20] | I’m no detective, but aren’t there a lot of people who wear size nine? | 我不是侦探, 但不是很多人 都穿九号鞋么? |
[23:24] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[23:25] | You ever own a pair of Z-Jams, Jess? | 你是不是有一双Z-Jams, Jess? |
[23:27] | You don’t have to answer that. | 你不用回答这个问题 |
[23:29] | We came down here voluntarily to help your investigation. | 我们自愿来这里帮助你们调查 |
[23:33] | If you’re going to make my son out as a suspect, I will find a lawyer. | 如果你们怀疑是我儿子干的 我会去请一个律师的 |
[23:36] | That’s absolutely your prerogative, Dr. Andrews. | 这是你的权利, Andrews医生 |
[23:40] | – I wouldn’t hurt her… – No. Not another word, Jess. | – 我不会伤害她… – 不, 一个字也别说了, Jess |
[24:29] | Mom, Bridgette’s giving Angus our breakfast. | 妈妈 Bridgette把我们的早餐喂给Angus吃 |
[24:32] | Bridgette… | |
[24:33] | Angus has his food and we have ours. | Angus有它自己的食物 |
[24:36] | Just checked my cell. | 我看了我的手机 |
[24:37] | No calls overnight to claim our friend here. | 整个晚上都没有人来认领我们这位朋友 |
[24:40] | Does that mean we get to keep him? | 这就是说我们可以留下它了么? |
[24:42] | Uh-oh. | |
[24:46] | You know what, let’s just take it one step at a time. | 我们一步步来吧 |
[24:49] | Give it a few more days. | 再等几天 |
[24:59] | Nobody wants that dog. | 没人想要那条狗 |
[25:00] | Bridgette wants that dog. | Bridgette想要那只狗 |
[25:02] | I guess I got to go find a truck. | 我想我该去找辆卡车 |
[25:06] | So, what are you thinking? | 你想干什么? |
[25:07] | I’m thinking that maybe I’ll drop him off at the vet | 我想也许今天早上我可以在上班的路上 |
[25:10] | on my way to work this morning, | 把它带到兽医那儿 |
[25:12] | do some due diligence, see if he’s got all his shots. | 做一些常规检查 看它是不是打过防疫针了 |
[25:15] | At least that way, if we decide to keep him, we’d know what to expect. | 这样至少, 如果我们打算收养它 心底也有谱 |
[25:26] | Hey, good looking, what’s cooking? | 嗨, 看上去不错, 什么菜? |
[25:28] | Fish. | 鱼 |
[25:29] | You want to check this place out with me? | 想跟我去查查这个地方么? |
[25:33] | I really appreciate you staying open these extra 15 minutes. | 非常感谢你能推迟15分钟下班 |
[25:36] | I tried to get off work early and then the phone rang… | 我本想提早下班 可是电话响了… |
[25:38] | No, no, no, no. | 不, 不, 不 |
[25:39] | When they explained to me that you and Angus were new clients… | 他们跟我说了 你和Angus是新客户… |
[25:43] | Mr. Dubois, did you say this dog was a stray? | Dubois先生, 你是说这是条流浪犬么? |
[25:46] | Well, yeah. My daughter brought him home a few days ago. | 是的, 我女儿几天前把它带回家的 |
[25:51] | So, she’s not too attached to him then? | 也就是说, 她跟这条狗还不是很熟? |
[25:54] | She’s, well… | 她, 怎么说呢… |
[25:57] | You know kids, she’s, uh… | 你了解孩子, 她… |
[25:59] | she’s very attached. | 她非常着迷 |
[26:01] | Are you saying he belongs to somebody else? | 你是说这是别人的狗么? |
[26:03] | I’m saying that he’s sick. | 我是想说, 它病了 |
[26:05] | He’s sick? What’s wrong with him? | 它病了? 什么病? |
[26:07] | Well, for starters, | 好吧, 首先 |
[26:09] | I’d say he’s about 12 years old. | 我要说, 它已经12岁了 |
[26:11] | So in dog years, that’s… 84. He’s 84? | 根据狗的寿命来算, 那相当于人的.. 84岁 它已经84岁了? |
[26:15] | Well, the age thing is not an exact science, but… | 年龄的问题并不一定都精确, 不过… |
[26:18] | it’s about right, yeah. | 大概也差不多了, 是的 |
[26:20] | Even with a simple examination, I can tell you that his liver’s enlarged, | 只经过简单的检查, 我就可以告诉你 它的肝脏已经肿大 |
[26:24] | his eyesight is going, and… | 视力下降, 还有… |
[26:26] | his breathing is clearly labored. | 呼吸非常吃力 |
[26:30] | Is he going to be okay? | 他能好起来么? |
[26:33] | I wish I had better news. | 我也希望如此 |
[26:36] | So what are you saying? Are you saying, he’s going to die? | 你是什么意思? 你是说, 他就要死了? |
[26:40] | I’m afraid so. | 恐怕是的 |
[26:44] | How long? | 还有多久? |
[26:46] | Anywhere from a week to a week and a half. | 一周到一周半 |
[26:52] | When do you want to tell her? | 你打算什么时候告诉她? |
[26:54] | Do we have to tell her? | 我们必须告诉她么? |
[26:58] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[27:02] | I’ll give you a hundred dollars if you’ll do it. | 如果你去告诉她, 我愿意给你一百块钱 |
[27:04] | No, thanks. | 不, 谢了 |
[27:06] | I fear I’ve already destroyed one child’s life for the day. | 恐怕今天我已经毁了一个孩子的生活 |
[27:09] | One is my limit. | 一个已经够了 |
[27:17] | Good news and bad news. | 有好消息也有坏消息 |
[27:19] | I’ll take any news at this point. | 我这会儿什么消息都愿意听 |
[27:21] | The good news is we tested the clothes. | 好消息是我们检查了那些衣服 |
[27:23] | Blood came from Cristin Morehouse. | 上面的血迹确实来自 |
[27:25] | And the sneakers match the footprints from the crime scene. | 运动鞋也和犯罪现场的足印吻合 |
[27:28] | A laundry tag on the shirt is traceable back to Jessie Andrews. | 根据衬衣上的洗衣店标签 那些衣服属于Jessie Andrews的 |
[27:32] | We got a squad car on the way to pick him up right now. | 已经派了警车去抓他了 |
[27:34] | And the bad news is, obviously, we haven’t gotten to the bottom | 坏消息是, 很明显 我们还没有搞清楚 |
[27:37] | of the bigger crime problem in the neighborhood, | 这个地区更大犯罪问题的真相 |
[27:39] | but I’ll take my victorieswhere I can get them. | 但我会把他们抓住, 我会成功的 |
[27:41] | Allison? | |
[27:44] | Congratulations. If you’ll excuse me, I’m not feeling terribly well. | 祝贺你, 不过请原谅 我现在感觉不太好 |
[27:55] | Feeling any better? | 感觉好些了? |
[27:57] | I’m sorry? | 什么? |
[27:59] | I asked if you were feeling any better. | 我问你是不是感觉好些了 |
[28:01] | You said you were going to leave almost two hours ago. | 两小时前你说你要离开一下 |
[28:03] | Well, to answer your question, no, I don’t-I don’t feel any better. | 好吧, 我的回答是, 没有 我没, 没感觉有什么好转 |
[28:06] | I feel horrible. | 我感觉很难受 |
[28:11] | You asked me the other day if I though that boy was innocent and I didn’t say anything. | 前几天你问我, 我是不是认为 那个孩子是无辜的, 我没有回答 |
[28:17] | Because, honestly, everything that I dreamed tells me that he is guilty as hell. | 那是因为, 说实话, 我梦中的 每件事情告诉我, 他犯下了可怕的罪行 |
[28:25] | But what I can’t make sense of… | 但我不能理解的是… |
[28:29] | is everything I feel… | 我所有的感觉… |
[28:34] | tells me to protect him. | 都告诉我去保护他 |
[28:36] | Like a parent, like a mother. | 就像家长, 像母亲一样去保护 |
[28:41] | For what it’s worth, just now when they brought him in to book him he finally admitted that | 不管怎么说, 刚才他们把他带来审问 他终于承认了 |
[28:45] | he did go see Morehouse that morning. | 那天早上他确实去见了Morehouse |
[28:47] | Knew she’d be there all by herself opening up the store. | 知道她会一个人在那儿做开门准备 |
[28:51] | Of course, he claimed that she was already dead when he got there, | 当然, 他一口咬定当他到那儿时 她已经死了 |
[28:55] | not that he called the police or anything. | 但他却没有报警 |
[28:57] | I mean, if it makes you feel any better. | 我是说, 这可能会让你感觉好一点 |
[29:01] | Well, maybe he’s telling the truth. | 也许他讲的是事实 |
[29:02] | Maybe she was dead when he found her. | 也许他发现的时候她确实已经死了 |
[29:04] | Allison… | |
[29:05] | Couldn’t we at least consider the possibility? | 至少我们应该考虑一下有这个可能 |
[29:07] | Take another look at the husband, or the woman that he was seeing? | 再调查一下那个丈夫, 或者那个 他去找的女人? |
[29:10] | Maybe she was the one who wanted Cristin out of the picture. | 也许她才是想干掉Cristin的人 |
[29:12] | Okay, I’m going to go back to work now. | 好了, 我该回去工作了 |
[29:14] | Deal with some cases that are truly unresolved and in need of some attention. | 还有一些悬案需要去关注 |
[29:18] | Okay, you know what? | 好吧 |
[29:19] | If it’s all the same to you, can I just take another look at the files? | 如果你不介意, 我可以再看一下 那些档案么? |
[29:24] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[29:29] | How goes the fine-tooth combing? | 仔细梳理的结果怎样了? |
[29:32] | Actually, I’m confused. | 事实上, 我被搞糊涂了 |
[29:33] | Your boss mentioned that. | 你老板已经提到了 |
[29:35] | That’s not what I’m talking about. | 我说的不是这个意思 |
[29:38] | Kevin Morehouse said his wife wasn’t able to have children, | Kevin Morehouse说他妻子不能生孩子 |
[29:41] | but, according to the coroner’s report, | 但是, 根据验尸官的报告 |
[29:43] | the shape of her uterus is indicative of her having given birth at some point in her life. | 子宫的形状显示, 她曾有过生育史 |
[29:48] | Okay. | |
[29:51] | Look, I’m not sure where you’re going with this, but you should know, | 我不知道你能根据这查到些什么 但你应该知道 |
[29:53] | the kid’s lawyer is on his way down here now to talk deal. | 那孩子的律师马上就要过来谈谈了 |
[29:58] | I’m sorry, Allison, but the kid’s guilty, | 我很抱歉, Allison, 但那孩子的确有罪 |
[30:00] | and even his attorney knows it. | 就连他的律师也知道这一点 |
[30:02] | Let me tell you what we know. | 我来告诉你我们掌握的情况 |
[30:05] | We know that your client had something of an obsession with Mrs. Morehouse. | 我们知道你的委托人对Morehouse太太 有某种程度的迷恋 |
[30:09] | We also know that he had a confrontation with her the day she died, | 我们还知道在她被杀的当天 你的委托人跟她见过面 |
[30:13] | and she was upset to the point of calling the young man’s mother to take him home. | 她很烦, 所以打电话给孩子的母亲 叫她把儿子领回家 |
[30:17] | We know that a bag of his blood-spattered clothing was found in a Dumpster earlier this morning, | 我们知道今天早上在垃圾箱发现了 他的一包溅有血迹的衣服 |
[30:21] | and the the blood was a perfect match for that of Mrs. Morehouse. | 上面的血迹跟Morehouse太太完全匹配 |
[30:28] | Now I’ll tell you what I think. | 现在我告诉你我的想法 |
[30:30] | I think I have more than enough here to make a case against your client. | 我想我们已经有足够的证据 来指控你的委托人 |
[30:35] | And I think if I try him as an adult, that the jury won’t hesitate | 而且我认为如果他是成年人的话 陪审团会毫不犹豫 |
[30:39] | to give him the maximum sentence. | 判他极刑 |
[30:45] | He’s barely 15 years old. | 他才刚刚15岁 |
[30:50] | You’re talking about taking away the next 30 years of his life. | 你这样会毁掉他今后三十年的生活 |
[30:55] | I’d be lying if I said that Jessie’s age didn’t give me pause. | 我确实考虑过了Jessie的年龄 |
[30:59] | Which is the only reason that I will consider a deal. | 这也是唯一我会你和商量 做交易的原因 |
[31:03] | Provided he signs a full confession, | 如果他全部招供 |
[31:05] | I’ll recommend manslaughter. | 我会以过失杀人罪结案 |
[31:07] | Four years in a juvenile detention facility. | 那样只会在少管所呆上四年 |
[31:10] | If, however, you’d rather take this to trial, | 然而, 如果你想把这闹到法庭上 |
[31:13] | know that I will prosecute Jessie as an adult, and I will seek the maximum. | 我会把Jessie当作成年人起诉 而且我会争取最大刑期 |
[31:18] | Feel free to talk it over. | 你们自己商量决定吧 |
[31:20] | You’ve got 15 minutes. | 你们有15分钟 |
[31:36] | How long are you going to do this? | 你准备这样呆多久? |
[31:39] | For the rest of my life. You got an issue with that? | 就这样过完我的一生 你有什么意见? |
[31:42] | Not me. Just seems like there’s going to be a lot of wasted space in our bed. | 我没意见, 不过我们的床上 可能就会浪费很大一块空间了 |
[31:48] | Maybe I should put an ad in the paper. | 也许我该在报纸上登条广告 |
[31:49] | See if I can rent out half. | 看看我能不能租一半出去 |
[31:52] | He confessed to everything. | 他全部都承认了 |
[31:56] | Did he say why he did it? | 他交代了为什么要这么做么? |
[32:00] | The day she called his mother to pick him up, he was humiliated. | 那天她打电话给他妈妈 叫她领走儿子, 这让他感到很丢脸 |
[32:03] | So he decided he didn’t want it to end that way. | 所以他决定事情绝不能这样结束 |
[32:07] | He set his alarm, | 他设好闹钟 |
[32:10] | woke up early, went back the next morning, | 第二天早上很早起来, 又回到那里 |
[32:13] | caught her when she was opening up. | 在她准备开门的时候堵住她 |
[32:16] | She got upset. | 她很烦 |
[32:19] | He grabbed a thermos. | 他抓起一个暖瓶 |
[32:23] | And what about his real mom? | 他妈妈呢? |
[32:25] | Dr. Andrews? What about her? | Andrews医生? 怎么想到她了? |
[32:27] | Did she confess to putting his clothes in that Dumpster? | 她供认了是她把衣服丢进垃圾箱的么? |
[32:30] | No. It didn’t come up. | 没有, 还没有提出这个问题 |
[32:33] | And I didn’t say anything. | 我也没有提 |
[32:35] | She’s an adult, Joe. | 她是成年人, Joe |
[32:36] | She would have done more time | 她会因包庇罪犯 |
[32:38] | for being an accessory than he’s going to do for the actual murder. | 而被判处比他的谋杀更重的徒刑 |
[32:42] | So she just gets to walk? | 也就是说她不会受到指控了? |
[32:43] | She was just trying to protect her kid. | 她只是想保护自己的孩子 |
[32:46] | And at least this way she’ll be able to be there for him when he gets out in four years. | 这样至少等他四年后服刑期满时 还可以再见到他 |
[32:51] | And if you want to know the truth, | 实话跟你说 |
[32:53] | if it was Ariel or Bridgette or Marie, | 如果是Ariel或者Bridgette或者Marie 犯了这种事 |
[32:56] | I would have done the exact same thing. | 我也会做同样的事情 |
[33:01] | Speaking of protecting your kid, I don’t, I don’t suppose | 谈到保护你的孩子, 我可不认为 |
[33:03] | you’ve come up with any bright ideas for telling our middle child | 你已经想出什么好主意 告诉我们的二女儿 |
[33:07] | that her dog is dying. | 他的狗就要死了 |
[33:10] | Yeah. Me, neither. | 我也没想出来 |
[33:12] | Well, I got half a bed to try and rent. | 好了, 我尽量把那半张床租出去 |
[33:17] | See ya. | 再见 |
[33:33] | Jessie’s manager? | Jessie的经理? |
[33:35] | Uh… | 嗯… |
[33:36] | Cristin. | |
[33:38] | Uh, Mrs. Morehouse. | Morehouse太太 |
[33:40] | Dr. Andrews? | Andrews医生? |
[33:44] | I-I am so sorry about Jessie. | 我很抱歉Jessie所做的事情 |
[33:47] | Have we met before ? | 我们以前见过么? |
[33:49] | No, I don’t believe we have, no. | 不, 我想没有 |
[33:53] | Are you sure? | 你确定? |
[33:55] | What kind of doctor are you exactly? If I can ask. | 你到底是什么医生? 冒昧的问一下 |
[33:58] | I have to run. I’m due back at the hospital in 20 minutes. | 我得了, 我必须在20分钟内回到医院 |
[34:02] | I’m terribly sorry. He will not bother you again. | 实在是抱歉, 他不会再来麻烦你了 |
[34:07] | Dr. Andrews? | Andrews医生? |
[34:09] | Dr. Andrews! | Andrews医生! |
[34:13] | Dr. Andrews! | Andrews医生! |
[34:17] | He’s mine, isn’t he?! | 他是我的, 是不是? |
[34:19] | He’s mine! | 他是我的! |
[34:21] | Mine… | 我的… |
[34:23] | He’s mine! | |
[34:24] | What does she mean? | 她是什么意思? |
[34:26] | What’s she yelling about? | 她在叫什么? |
[34:28] | Nothing, honey. | 没什么, 亲爱的 |
[34:29] | Absolutely nothing. | 真的没什么 |
[34:41] | Come in. | 请进 |
[34:45] | I know I’m a little late. The hospital was just… | 我知道我迟到了 医院正好… |
[34:48] | I understand. | 可以理解 |
[34:50] | I’m glad I caught you while you were in the city. | 很高兴趁你还在城里时找到你了 |
[34:52] | No, as soon as you said it might help Jessie… | 你一说这可能会帮助Jessie… |
[34:56] | How’s he doing? | 他怎样了? |
[34:58] | As well as can be expected. | 和预想的一样 |
[35:01] | Considering. | 还在考虑 |
[35:03] | I just… there’s some inconsistencies in here | 我只是… 这里有一些蹊跷的地方 |
[35:06] | and I was hoping you could help me clear them up. | 我希望你能帮我澄清一下 |
[35:08] | Anything I can tell you. Anything you want to know. | 随便问吧, 我一定把知道的都告诉你 |
[35:13] | Uh, Dr. Andrews, the, the night before Cristin Morehouse died, | Andrews医生, Cristin Morehouse 被害的前一天晚上 |
[35:17] | the night she called you and had you come and pick up Jessie, | 就是她打电话让你领回Jessie的那晚 |
[35:20] | was that the first time you’d ever met her? | 是你们第一次见面么? |
[35:22] | I believe so, yes. | 我想是的, 没错 |
[35:25] | All right. Well, here’s the thing. | 好的, 现在有个问题 |
[35:26] | I was looking through Cristin’s autopsy report, | 我看过了Cristin的验尸报告 |
[35:29] | and apparently she’d given birth to a child at some point in her life. | 很明显她曾有过生育史 |
[35:34] | All right. | 怎么了 |
[35:35] | Well, it made me curious because her husband said that infertility | 这让我觉得很奇怪, 因为她的丈夫说 无法怀孕 |
[35:39] | was a real issue for them. | 一直困扰着他们 |
[35:41] | So I-I did some checking, and I… | 接着, 我查了一下… |
[35:46] | came across this death certificate. | 我发现了这张死亡证明 |
[35:50] | Apparently she had given birth to a child many years before her marriage. | 很明显, 她在结婚好几年前 就已经生过一个孩子 |
[35:56] | The baby had died moments after it came into the world. | 孩子一出世就死了 |
[36:02] | What am I looking at here? | 这跟我有什么关系? |
[36:04] | You signed the death certificate, Dr. Andrews. | 是你签署的死亡证明, Andrews医生 |
[36:07] | You were there. | 你当时在场 |
[36:14] | All right. | 好吧 |
[36:16] | Yes, that’s my signature. | 是的, 这是我签的字 |
[36:18] | It… | 这… |
[36:19] | 15 years ago. | 已经是15年前的事了 |
[36:22] | A different last name. | 她换了姓氏 |
[36:24] | I honestly have no recollection of the woman. | 说实话我一点也记不起这个女人 |
[36:28] | Well, here’s another interesting thing– contradiction-wise. | 这里还有件有意思的事情 与此相反 |
[36:31] | Apparently, on the night you were presiding over the death of Cristin’s son, | 很明显, 那天晚上你处理完 Cristin死去的儿子之后 |
[36:39] | you… | 你… |
[36:42] | were also giving birth to one of your own. | 自己也生了一个儿子 |
[36:48] | Dr. Andrews. | Andrews医生 |
[36:58] | 15 years ago I was an intern volunteering a few hours a week at a clinic downtown. | 15年前我还是一个实习医生 每周要下到市区门诊义务工作几个小时 |
[37:05] | One night a woman stumbled in, high like most of our patients. | 一天晚上一个女人跌跌撞撞的进来 就跟我们大多数病人一样 |
[37:08] | She said she was in a lot of pain, she didn’t know why. | 她说自己疼得厉害, 可不知道为什么 |
[37:12] | After a short exam, I told her she was eight months pregnant and she was in labor. | 简单检查后,我告诉她怀孕已经8个月了 孩子就要早产 |
[37:15] | She didn’t know. | 她不知道 |
[37:17] | She didn’t want to know. | 她根本不想知道 |
[37:19] | She told me her whole life was about doing drugs. | 她说她一生都在跟毒品打交道 |
[37:21] | She didn’t know who the father was. She didn’t care. | 她不知道孩子的父亲是谁 她也不在乎 |
[37:24] | I told her the baby was comingand she looked at me and said, | 我告诉她孩子就要降生了 她看着我说 |
[37:29] | people pay a lot for a white baby, right?” | 有人出高价买白人孩子, 是吧? |
[37:35] | What did I think she could get for it? | 她还会拿孩子去换什么? |
[37:39] | She was in pain, so I gave her something to help her sleep, | 她很痛苦, 我给了她点镇静的药物 |
[37:42] | and an hour later, Jessie came into the world. | 一小时后, Jessie出世了 |
[37:46] | I cleaned him up, wrapped him in a blanket, | 我把他洗干净, 用毯子包起来 |
[37:48] | and I was going to call the police, but he was shaking so hard. | 我准备通知警察, 但他突然哆嗦起来 |
[37:51] | Shaking? | 哆嗦? |
[37:53] | Jessie was born an addict. | Jessie生下来就有毒瘾 |
[37:56] | So I just… waited. | 我只能… 等待 |
[37:59] | And I held him, rocked him until he quieted down. | 我抱着他, 摇他, 直到他安静下来 |
[38:04] | I can still feel the weight of his tiny body in my arms. | 我至今还能感受得到他那弱小的身子 在我怀抱中的重量 |
[38:08] | I can still see his sweet face. | 我至今还可以看到他那可爱的小脸 |
[38:11] | He was so helpless, and he just needed someone to take care of him, | 他是如此的无助, 他需要有人照顾 |
[38:14] | someone to protect him, and somehow I knew… | 需要有人来保护 不知为什么我觉得… |
[38:17] | that person had to be me. | 那个人就是我 |
[38:20] | My life as I knew it was over. | 我所熟悉的生活结束了 |
[38:25] | I gave it to him. I gave him… | 我把一生都给了他, 给了他… |
[38:29] | everything I had. | 我的一切 |
[38:34] | You became his mother. | 你成了他的母亲 |
[38:56] | When Cristin woke up, | Cristin醒来时 |
[38:59] | I told her the baby had died. | 我告诉她孩子死了 |
[39:02] | I knew what I was doing was wrong, | 我知道我做得不对 |
[39:05] | but I swear to you, Mrs. Dubois,if anything, | 但我想你发誓 Dubois太太唯一的反应就是 |
[39:07] | she was relieved. | 如释重负 |
[39:10] | And that’s when I knew, this was the best thing for everybody. | 在那时我明白, 这对所有人来说 都是最好的结局 |
[39:13] | It was certainly the best thing for Jessie. | 对Jessie来说, 这当然是最好的 |
[39:14] | And you never saw her again. | 你从此再也没有见到她 |
[39:16] | We moved to Tempe, he and I. | 我们搬到了Tempe, 我和他 |
[39:18] | No one knew us, no one cared. | 没人认识我们, 也没人关心 |
[39:21] | We moved here to Phoenix three years later. | 三年后我们搬到了Phoenix |
[39:22] | I-I supposed she was long gone, probably long dead. | 我以为她早就走了, 也许早就死了 |
[39:28] | And then last week… | 直到上个星期… |
[39:30] | I went to The Coffee Palace. | 我去Coffee Palace |
[39:35] | She recognized me. | 她认出了我 |
[39:40] | She told me that she was clean now, | 她说她现在已经戒掉毒瘾了 |
[39:41] | that she could be a good mother to Jessie. | 她可以成为Jessie的好母亲 |
[39:43] | She said she had a right to him. | 她说自己有权得到他 |
[39:44] | I begged her to be reasonable, to work with me, | 我求她讲点道理, 有事好好商量 |
[39:49] | but… | 但是… |
[39:51] | she said she would call the police and… | 她说她会通知警察, 而且… |
[39:56] | after that, I don’t remember what happened except she was reaching for the phone and… | 在那以后, 我不记得发生了什么 除了她伸手去拿电话… |
[40:03] | I must have hit her. I don’t even know. | 我一定是打了她, 我甚至都不知道 |
[40:07] | I was so scared I just left. | 我怕得要命 |
[40:12] | I just left her there. | 我把她留在那儿 |
[40:13] | Where Jessie found her, | 就是Jessie发现她的那个地方 |
[40:15] | when he went there hoping to talk to her. | 他本想过去跟她谈谈 |
[40:22] | There are people I need to go get. | 我去叫人来 |
[40:23] | There are people that we need to tell. | 我们得和他们谈谈 |
[40:31] | I know you must think I’m a horrible person, letting him take the blame for what I did. | 我知道你一定认为我是一个可怕的人 让他为我担负罪名 |
[40:35] | But you see, I thought, at least this way, | 但是你看, 这样一来 |
[40:38] | I can be there for him when he gets out. | 至少他出来之后还可以见到我 |
[40:40] | And now… | 而现在… |
[40:47] | he’ll go into foster care. | 他将被别人收养 |
[40:49] | And the only mother he’s ever known will spend the rest of her life apart from him. | 而他所知道的唯一的母亲 将会在远离他的地方度过余生 |
[41:01] | Ask yourself, Mrs. Dubois: | 扪心自问, Dubois太太 |
[41:04] | Would you have done any differently if you were in my shoes? | 如果位于我这个处境 你会有别的选择么? |
[41:17] | I’ll be right back. | 我马上就回来 |
[41:30] | So you ready to do this? | 你真的准备这样做? |
[41:33] | How did I get roped into this? | 我是怎么陷进去的? |
[41:35] | Thank you. I appreciate your support. | 谢谢, 感谢你的支持 |
[41:38] | Bridge. | |
[41:39] | We need to talk to you about something. | 我们要跟你谈些事情 |
[41:41] | Am I in trouble? | 我有麻烦了? |
[41:42] | You mind if I turn off the TV? | 不介意我关掉电视吧? |
[41:45] | What’d I do? | 我做什么了? |
[41:47] | Hey, Bridge, do you remember when I took Angus to the vet the other day? | 嗨, Bridge 还记得那天我带Angus去看兽医么? |
[41:52] | Uh, well, it turns out Angus isn’t really okay. | 看起来Angus的健康状况不是很好 |
[41:56] | I’m afraid he’s very sick. | 恐怕他病得很重了 |
[41:58] | He doesn’t have long to live. | 它活不长了 |
[42:00] | Yeah, I know. | 是的, 我知道 |
[42:02] | You know? | 你知道? |
[42:03] | Sure. | 当然 |
[42:04] | I knew the second I saw him. | 我第一眼看到它就知道了 |
[42:07] | He’s very old, you know. | 它已经很老了 |
[42:10] | Bridge, honey, if you knew he was going to die, | Bridge, 甜心, 既然你知道它快要死了 |
[42:13] | why did you ask if we could keep him? | 那为什么还要问我们是否收留它呢? |
[42:16] | Bridge, honey, why didn’t you say something? | Bridge, 宝贝, 你干嘛不解释一下? |
[42:18] | Because I knew how much you liked him, Daddy. | 因为我知道你非常爱它, 爸爸 |
[42:21] | And I didn’t want to see you all sad. | 我不想看到你难过的样子 |
[42:25] | I don’t think I could’ve handled it. | 那样的话我就没法安慰你 |
[42:30] | Aha. | 啊哈 |
[42:31] | Can me and Angus have our cartoons back now? | 我和Angus可以继续看动画片了么? |
[42:44] | Did I mention I hate dogs? | 我提过我讨厌狗么? |
[42:46] | Once or twice. | 一两次吧 |