时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:42] | grandma… | 奶奶… |
[00:43] | who’s that? | 是谁啊? |
[00:44] | Hi,grandma. | 嗨 奶奶 |
[00:47] | It’s me,grandma.It’s allison. | 是我 奶奶 我是Allison |
[00:51] | Allison?! | |
[00:52] | Allison…oh,my gosh! | Allison…噢 我的上帝啊! |
[00:57] | Look at you!You’re all grown up. | 看看你!你都长那么大了 |
[00:59] | So amazing to see you,grandma. | 看到您太惊讶了 奶奶 |
[01:02] | So pretty,hmm? | 很漂亮 啊? |
[01:04] | Always so pretty. | 总是那么漂亮 |
[01:12] | Everything is just the way i remember it. | 所有的一切都和我记忆中的一样 |
[01:15] | Of course it is.Why wouldn’t it be? | 当然是了 为什么不是呢? |
[01:18] | everything is as it is, | 所有的一切都还是原来的样子 |
[01:20] | everything is as it must be,at this moment. | 好像现在所有的一切都各归其位各行其事 |
[01:23] | Mm,you know, | 嗯 你知道 |
[01:26] | you look good.You look happy. | 你看上去很好 你看上去很幸福 |
[01:28] | I am happy. | 我很幸福 |
[01:30] | I have a wonderful family. | 我有一个完满的家庭 |
[01:33] | A wonderful life. | 很棒的生活 |
[01:35] | Three girls… | 3个女孩… |
[01:36] | Ariel,bridgette and marie. | Ariel Bridgette和Marie |
[01:40] | grandma benoit,you old witch,you. | Benoit奶奶 你是个老女巫 |
[01:43] | Oh,don’t “old witch” me. | 噢 不要叫我”老女巫” |
[01:45] | You’ve got some benoit,too. | 你也有点Benoit的遗传基因 |
[01:48] | I remember that. | 我还记得的 |
[01:50] | Oh,how’s john? | 噢 John怎么样? |
[01:52] | John? | |
[01:54] | John dunham,your husband.The love of your life. | John Dunham 你的丈夫 你一生的挚爱 |
[02:00] | oh,shh,it’s coming up a storm. | 噢 嘘 暴风雨就要来了 |
[02:05] | Grandma… | 奶奶… |
[02:06] | the two of you should’ve been back hours ago. | 你们两个应该几小时前就回来了 |
[02:10] | I’m sorry. Who? | 对不起 谁? |
[02:11] | You,that’s who.You and that dunham boy. | 就是你们啊 你和那个叫Dunham的小子 |
[02:15] | wait a second… | 等一下… |
[02:20] | this is all really familiar. | 这些画面真的都似曾相识 |
[02:23] | The thunder,the storm… | 打雷声 暴风雨… |
[02:27] | I remember today. | 我记得今天 |
[02:29] | We rode our bikes to the swimming quarry. | 我们骑车去了游泳池 |
[02:32] | We got soaked on our way back and then… | 我们回来的路上都淋湿了然后… |
[02:35] | and then what? | 然后怎么样? |
[02:38] | I haven’t the foggiest notion what you’re saying,dear. | 我不明白你在说什么 亲爱的 |
[02:45] | you remember,grandma:My… my arm. | 你记得的 奶奶 我的…我的手臂 |
[02:48] | We were coming up the front walk, | 我们走到房子前散步 |
[02:51] | we saw the smoke coming out of the kitchen window… | 我们看见有烟从厨房的窗户冒出来… |
[02:56] | oh,my gosh,I have a pie in the oven. | 噢 我的上帝 烤炉里还烤着我的派呢 |
[03:00] | It was today.It was minutes from right now. | 那就发生在今天 就在几分钟前 |
[03:04] | You were fast asleep,I ran in to pull out the pie, | 你睡着了 我跑进去把派拿了出来 |
[03:07] | I burned myself on the oven rack. | 在烤炉架上我还把自己给烫伤了 |
[03:09] | well,we can’t have that. | 我们不能让那个发生 |
[03:12] | I can’t have my granddaughter spend the next 70 years scarred.No,no,no! | 我不能让我的孙女在接下来的70年里 都带着这个伤疤 不 不 不! |
[03:17] | Now,we’re going to have to leave right now, | 现在 我们现在就得离开 |
[03:19] | so I can wake up and get that pie out of the oven. | 那样我就能醒过来 然后把派从烤箱里取出来 |
[03:22] | I’m not really here,grandma. | 我不是真的在这 奶奶 |
[03:24] | You’re not really here.This is a dream. | 你不是真的在这 这是个梦 |
[03:26] | You’re talking nonsense,dear. | 你说的是废话 亲爱的 |
[03:29] | Now,don’t you worry,I can take care of everything.But,right now,you have to go. | 现在 不要担心 我会处理好所有的一切 但是 现在 你得走了 |
[03:37] | it was so vivid,joe. | 那是那么生动 Joe |
[03:40] | Like I was really there.Have you ever had a dream like that? | 就像我真的在那 你有没有做过像那样的梦? |
[03:43] | I dreamt I went to hawaii once, | 有次我做梦去了夏威夷 |
[03:45] | and when I woke up,I could’ve sworn that I had a better tan than when i went to sleep. | 我醒的时候 我可以发誓我小麦肤色 可比我上床的时候要棒多了 |
[03:51] | Maybe I should’ve married johnny dunham. | 也许我应该和Johnny Dunham结婚 |
[03:54] | Lucky for you,that was the last summer I spent at grandma’S. | 你真幸运 那是我在奶奶家里 过的最后一个暑假 |
[03:58] | Had I gone back the next year… | 如果第二年我回那去呢… |
[04:01] | hmm… who knows?Things might’ve been very different. | 嗯…谁知道呢?情况可能会完全的不同 |
[04:06] | Aren’t you even the least bit jealous? | 你就一点点都不妒忌吗? |
[04:09] | About this johnny dunham character?Absolutely. | 关于这个Johnny Dunham这个人? 肯定的 |
[04:12] | It’s all I can do to eat this bagel. | 我唯一能做的就是吃掉这个百吉饼 |
[04:17] | Mom? | 妈妈? |
[04:18] | Who’s driving us? | 谁开车送我们? |
[04:20] | Because I told hannah I’d meet her early,so we can go over our history presentation. | 因为我告诉Hannah我会早点跟她碰面 那样我们就可准备下我们的历史课演说了 |
[04:24] | And you’re telling us this now? | 你现在才告诉我们? |
[04:26] | I forgot. | 我忘了 |
[04:27] | I’m sorry,but this thing counts for,like,a third of my grade. | 我很抱歉 但是这个要打分的 好像占成绩的三分之一 |
[04:30] | Well,get your sisters ready,I’ll drop you off on the way to work. | 好吧让你妹妹准备好 我上班的时候顺便带你们过去 |
[04:35] | Well… I never thought i’d say this,but | 嗯…我从来不认为我该说这个 但是 |
[04:38] | part of me is looking forward to her getting her driver’s license. | 我还真有点希望她能够拿到自己的驾照 |
[04:42] | god,the sound of that rain… | 上帝 那次下雨的声音… |
[04:47] | it rained so hard that afternoon,all the roads flooded. | 那天下午雨下得很大 所有的路都被水淹了 |
[04:51] | Took us a half an hour to get to the hospital. | 我们花了半个小时才到了医院 |
[04:54] | The hospital? | 医院? |
[04:57] | It was the day i burned myself. | 那天我把自己烫伤了 |
[05:00] | You know,on my arm–that big,dark patch. | 你知道 我的手臂上– 那个大大的黑色的伤疤 |
[05:04] | Huh? | 哈? |
[05:04] | You know,right there–you can still see where the metal touched. | 你知道 就在那– 你仍然可以看到被金属烫伤的地方 |
[05:09] | I don’t see anything. | 我什么都没看见 |
[05:12] | I’ve honestly never noticed it. | 老实说我从来没有注意过 |
[05:14] | Where did it go? | 它去哪了呢? |
[05:16] | That’s so weird. | 太奇怪了 |
[05:18] | Kind of like johnny dunham. | 有点像Johnny Dunham |
[05:20] | Must’ve just faded away. | 也许只是已经退色了 |
[06:08] | keep your eye on juror number three. | 注意下3号陪审员 |
[06:10] | During deliberations,the others are going to listen very closely to what she has to say. | 在商议期间 其他的陪审员都很认真地听她怎么说 |
[06:14] | Number three?! | 3号?! |
[06:16] | If I remember correctly, | 如果我没记错的话 |
[06:18] | she was one of larry watt’s choices. | 她是Larry Watt挑的人 |
[06:21] | He believes she’s gonna vote to acquit. | 他相信她会投无罪释放这一票 |
[06:23] | Her father did some jail time when she was young,for,of course,a crime he didn’t commit. | 她爸爸在她小的时候蹲过监狱 因为 当然 他是被诬陷的 |
[06:27] | Of course. | 当然 |
[06:28] | Now,watt thinks he has her in his pocket,but the truth is,she’s up for grabs. | 现在 Watt认为他可以操纵她 但事实是 谁都可以争取到她 |
[06:31] | So,you get to her,the jury’s gonna vote your way. | 所以 你去和她接触 陪审团就会倾向于你了 |
[06:36] | doesn’t seem fair,does it? | 好像不太公平啊? |
[06:38] | What’s that? | 怎么说? |
[06:39] | Having you on my team.Sometimes I think it isn’t fair to the other side. | 把你弄到我的队里 有时我觉得对其他人不太公平 |
[06:47] | well,that’s my daughter. | 是我女儿的电话 |
[06:49] | Hey,baby. | 嘿 亲爱的 |
[06:51] | Ariel,slow down.I can’t understand you. | Ariel 说慢点 我不知道你在说些什么 |
[06:55] | You left what in the car? | 你把什么留在车里了? |
[06:58] | Now? Well,I’m with my boss.He’s about to go into court. | 现在? 我和我的上司在一起 他就要出庭作证了 |
[07:03] | I know it’s a third of your grade,but I’m not the one who left it in the car. | 我知道那占你成绩的三分之一 但是又不是我把它留在车里的 |
[07:07] | Go… | 去吧… |
[07:09] | I’m appreciate the moral support,but I’m fine. | 我很感谢你精神上的支持 但是我很好 |
[07:11] | Ariel,I’ll be there in a half an hour. | Ariel 我半个小时后到 |
[07:13] | Love you. | 爱你 |
[07:14] | And I bet you were looking forward to my opening statement,weren’t you? | 我敢打赌你在期待我的开庭陈述 对吗? |
[07:17] | Actually,I was. | 当然了 |
[07:20] | imelda vizcaina grew up in a remote town in the mountains of el salvador… | Imelda Vizcaina在萨尔瓦多 山区的一个偏远小镇长大… |
[07:26] | a town so small it had no electricity. | 一个小的都没有通电的小镇 |
[07:30] | There was nothing small,however, | 不管怎么样 这个姑娘对于美好生活的 |
[07:31] | about this young woman’s hopes and dreams for a better life. | 的希望和梦想并非微不足道的 |
[07:35] | And it was those very hopes and dreams that the defendant, | 而正是由于这些希望和梦想 |
[07:38] | sean redburn,so cruelly exploited when he lured her to this country | 被告Sean Redburn才能把她引诱到这个国家 |
[07:43] | with the promise of a job–of a better life. | 他向她保证会给她份工作– 保证会有好的生活 |
[07:48] | what she found when she got here was something quite different. | 她来了这以后才发现情况是完全的不一样 |
[07:51] | What she found was a man who was sexually obsessed with her, | 她发现有个男的一直在性骚扰她 |
[07:55] | a man bent on controlling her every move… | 那个男的喜欢控制她所有的活动… |
[07:58] | a man willing to use threats of deportation,threats of violence, | 那个男的喜欢用遣返回国 用拳打脚踢相威胁 |
[08:02] | and even the threat of death… | 甚至威胁杀了她… |
[08:05] | to keep her under his thrall. | 来控制她让她成为自己的奴隶 |
[08:10] | Over the next few days,we will present | 在接下来的几天 我们会呈上 |
[08:12] | overwhelming evidence that mr. Redburn murdered ms. Vizcaina in a fit of anger, | 关于Redburn先生因一时气愤而 谋杀Vizcaina小姐无法辩驳的证据 |
[08:19] | using a knife taken from her own kitchen. | 他的凶器是把她厨房里的刀 |
[08:22] | We will present evidence of motive, | 我们将呈上关于他谋杀动机的证据 |
[08:24] | evidence of means,and evidence of opportunity. | 作案方法的证据以及作案时机的证据 |
[08:27] | What we will not present,what we cannot present,is ms. Vizcaina’s body. | 我们不会呈上的 也是我们不能呈上的证据 就是Vizcaina小姐的尸体 |
[08:33] | The defense will undoubtedly make much of this fact. | 辩方毫无疑问也会重视这些事实的 |
[08:37] | No body,no crime. | 没有尸体 没有罪行 |
[08:39] | You’re going to hear that over and over again,but it’s simply not true. | 你们会一遍又一遍地听到这句话 但那绝对不正确 |
[08:44] | The absence of a corpse does not mean there was no murder, | 没有尸体并不代表没有谋杀 |
[08:47] | it simply means that the murderer did his job well, | 那仅仅说明凶手干得很棒 |
[08:51] | and his lawyer would have you reward him for that with an acquittal. | 他的律师也会让你们判他无罪的 |
[08:56] | I would ask you to look at it as evidence | 我请求你们把他 |
[08:59] | of the cold and calculated nature of his crime. | 冷酷的有预谋的罪行当作是证据来看待 |
[09:02] | You can right this wrong.You can give her justice. | 你们可以纠正这个错误 你们可以还她一个公道 |
[09:08] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[09:12] | Mr. Watt,do you have any opening remarks? | Watt先生 你有没有什么公开的评论? |
[09:15] | I do,your honor. | 我要的 法官阁下 |
[09:20] | Ladies and gentlemen. | 女士们先生们 |
[09:25] | To be honest, | 老实说 |
[09:26] | I’m mystified why district attorney devalos has even brought this case to trial. | 我很疑惑为什么地区检察官Devalos 要将这件案子提交审讯 |
[09:31] | Now,why do I say that? | 我为什么要这么说呢? |
[09:32] | Let’s start with the fact | 让我们就从事实开始 |
[09:34] | that the investigation into the murder of imelda vizcaina | 对于Imelda Vizcaina谋杀案的调查 |
[09:37] | has never resulted in the discovery of a body.Let me say that again. | 从来就没有发现一具尸体 让我再重复一遍 |
[09:43] | There is no body. | 没有尸体 |
[09:46] | And why? | 为什么呢? |
[09:48] | Because there was no crime. | 因为根本就没有谋杀 |
[09:51] | Frankly,the only crime is to my client’s reputation. | 坦白的说 这里唯一的犯罪在于 诋毁我当事人的名声 |
[09:58] | And the perpetrator is the D.A. Himself. | 而作案的人就是地区检察官他自己 |
[10:02] | As to what his motive might be,I can only speculate… | 之于他的动机是什么 我只能推测… |
[10:05] | all right,mr. Watt. | 好了 Watt先生 |
[10:06] | Mr. Devalos is not on trial here. | 接受审判的不是Devalos先生 |
[10:09] | I apologize,your honor. | 我道歉 法官阁下 |
[10:11] | It’s just that it makes me angry. | 只是那让我很生气 |
[10:13] | Makes me angry that the state would spend the taxpayers’ money | 让我生气的事国家花纳税人的钱 |
[10:17] | prosecuting a crime that I don’t believe was ever committed. | 起诉一桩我根本不相信存在的犯罪 |
[10:22] | Why leap to the conclusion that someone is dead | 为什么可以直接下结论说什么人死了 |
[10:25] | if you haven’t ruled out the possibility | 你都还没有排除其他的可能性 |
[10:27] | that they just went somewhere without telling anyone. | 也许他们只是不告而别而已 |
[10:31] | Did anyone check? | 有没有人核实过呢? |
[10:32] | Did anyone try to find out where ms. Vizcaina might’ve gone? | 有没有人去找过Vizcaina可能去了什么地方呢? |
[10:37] | For all we know,she decided to leave this country | 就我们所知 她决定离开这个国家 |
[10:40] | and go back home to the remote mountain town | 回到她那个偏远山区小镇的家里 |
[10:42] | that the district attorney so poetically described. | 就是那个地区检察官 非常诗情画意描述过的那个地方 |
[10:46] | Now,it wouldn’t be easy to track her down there,but, | 要在那找到她并不容易 但是 |
[10:50] | if someone tried,who knows what they might discover. | 如果有人尝试过 谁知道会发生什么呢 |
[10:54] | I should know because that’s exactly what I did. | 我知道因为我的确去找过 |
[10:59] | I tried. | 我试过 |
[11:01] | And you’ll never guess what I found. | 而你们永远不会猜到我发现了什么 |
[11:06] | Ladies and gentlemen of the jury,may I present to you | 陪审团的各位女士们先生们 请允许我向你们介绍 |
[11:10] | imelda vizcaina. | |
[11:31] | alive? That’s impossible. | 活着? 那不可能 |
[11:33] | Apparently not. | 很显然是的 |
[11:34] | But what about the missing kitchen knife? | 单是那把失踪的厨房里的刀怎么解释? |
[11:37] | What about the blood?What about… | 那些血迹怎么解释?那些… |
[11:39] | she’s alive,allison.I saw her with my own eyes.She’s alive. | 她活着 Allison 我亲眼看到她的 她活着 |
[11:41] | She can’t be. | 她不可能活着 |
[11:42] | But she is.We prosecuted an innocent man. | 但是她的确活着 我们起诉了一个无辜的人 |
[11:45] | The evidence didn’t mean what we thought it meant. | 证据并不是我们认为的那样 |
[11:46] | We got it wrong. All of it. | 我们搞错了 所有的一切 |
[11:51] | I’m so sorry,sir. | 我很抱歉 长官 |
[11:53] | I based this case on what you told me,allison.You told me imelda vizcaina was dead. | 整个案件我是基于你告诉我的东西来办的 Allison 你告诉我Imelda Vizcaina死了 |
[11:56] | You told me she was sending you dreams. | 你告诉我她向你托梦 |
[11:59] | I thought she was. | 我认为她是的 |
[12:06] | We have another problem. | 我们还有另外个问题 |
[12:09] | After the judge dismissed the case,attorney watt held a press conference. | 法官撤销了案子之后 Watt律师召开了次新闻发布会 |
[12:14] | He insinuated that the reason i went ahead with this prosecution, | 他含沙射影的说我之所以要进行起诉 |
[12:18] | the reason I insisted on bringing it to trial, | 我之所以坚持要提交审判 |
[12:20] | is because I have a psychic in my employ. | 就是因为我的雇员中有个神经病 |
[12:23] | A woman who talks to the dead.A woman who sees things in her dreams. | 一个和死人说话的女人 一个在梦里发现案子的女人 |
[12:28] | Oh,no. | 噢 不 |
[12:28] | People are starting to ask questions,allison. | 人们已经开始有所质疑了 Allison |
[12:32] | oh,she’s still here. | 噢 她还在这 |
[12:34] | Give us another minute,please. | 请再给我们点时间 |
[12:37] | All right,but we do need to get ahead of this thing. | 好吧 但是我们需要快点把这事解决了 |
[12:41] | The deputy mayor is here because she’s hearing what I’m hearing. | 副市长来这是因为她也听说了 |
[12:45] | We’re about to be hit by a dozen or so motions to dismiss. | 我们要准备着受人攻击或者辞职 |
[12:49] | I’m not sure i’m following you. | 我不知道我是不是听懂你所说的了 |
[12:51] | Every defense lawyer in town is trying to find out | 每个城里的辩护律师都想找出 |
[12:53] | if “my psychic” had anything to do with convicting their client. | 我的”神经病雇员”是不是 也有份定他们当事人的罪 |
[12:57] | Every case I’ve prosecuted for the past two years | 所有过去两年我所起诉的案子 |
[12:59] | is going to be re-opened and re-examined. | 将会被从新打开 从新核查 |
[13:01] | And there’s a very real possibility when it’s all over, | 并且很有可能当这一切结束后 |
[13:03] | some very bad guys are going to be handed get-out-of-jail-free cards. | 有些罪孽深重的人将会被放出来 |
[13:07] | Mr. District attorney… | 地区检察官先生… |
[13:09] | allison,I’m fairly certain that the mayor is going to ask for my resignation. | Allison 我相当确定市长会要求我辞职的 |
[13:13] | The one thing he’s already made abundantly clear | 有一件事他已经明确表态了 |
[13:15] | is our professional association,yours and mine,needs to end. | 就是我们的职业生涯 你的和我的 必须结束了 |
[13:20] | Today. Here. Now. | 今天 这里 现在 |
[13:35] | Al… | |
[13:38] | what did you do? | 你干了什么? |
[13:39] | What is going on? | 出什么事了? |
[13:43] | that phone has been ringing off the hook for the past 45 minutes. | 过去45分钟里电话一直在不停的响 |
[13:47] | Don’t answer that. | 不要接 |
[13:50] | Reporters calling and lawyers calling. | 记者打电话来 律师也打电话来 |
[13:52] | I keep seeing strange cars driving by. | 我一直都看到陌生的车在家门口晃悠 |
[13:55] | Mom,hannah just e-mailed me there are people are making fun of you on tv. | 妈妈 Hannah刚刚发邮件给我 说有人在电视上拿你开玩笑 |
[13:59] | Mom. Dad. | 妈妈 爸爸 |
[14:01] | I just looked out the window and saw some people out on the lawn. | 我刚刚从窗口看出去看见有人在草坪上 |
[14:08] | should I answer the door,daddy? | 我应该开门吗 爸爸? |
[14:10] | Al… no.Come here. | Al…不 过来 |
[14:22] | al,hey. | Al 嘿 |
[14:24] | Whatever it is,we’ll figure it out. | 不管出了什么事情 我们都会解决的 |
[14:31] | Is the gypsy there?The fortune teller? | 那个吉普赛人在吗?那个算命的? |
[14:36] | I always believed that I heard the voices,I dreamed the dreams,for a reason. | 我一直都相信我听到的那些声音 我做的那些梦都是有原因的 |
[14:44] | I didn’t even want it. | 我也不想要那些 |
[14:46] | I wanted to be a lawyer. | 我想成为一个律师 |
[14:48] | I know,but it’s not like you had a choice. | 我知道 你好象并没有什么选择的余地 |
[14:51] | But I did. | 但是我的确有过 |
[14:52] | Couple of drinks… | 喝点酒… |
[14:55] | no more voices. | 就不再有那些声音 |
[14:58] | No more dead people. | 就不再有那些死人 |
[15:00] | No more dreams. | 就不再有那些梦了 |
[15:02] | Stupid… | 白痴… |
[15:06] | I could have drank my way into a really great life. | 我可以喝着酒驶向我真正美好的生活 |
[15:11] | And I should have. | 而且我就应该那么做 |
[15:18] | well,I’m gonna take care of the kids,so I’m gonna call the police, | 我来照顾孩子们 再报警 |
[15:22] | and if you want me to bring you a bottle of gin with a nipple on it,you just holler. | 如果你想要我给你拿瓶装着奶嘴的杜松子酒 你叫一声就可以了 |
[15:57] | ally. | |
[15:59] | Ally baba. | Ally 宝贝 |
[16:04] | That’s ally dunham to you. | 我是Ally Dunham |
[16:08] | Time to get up. | 该起床了 |
[16:12] | Oh,johnny,do I have to? | 噢 Johnny 一定要吗? |
[16:15] | This is why we’re never going to have children. | 这就是我们不想要孩子的原因 |
[16:59] | I had the strangest dream last night. | 我昨晚做了个很奇怪的梦 |
[17:02] | Hmm. What’s that? | 嗯 什么梦? |
[17:04] | I think we had kids. | 我想我们有孩子 |
[17:06] | You were upset about something, | 我们对些事情心烦意乱 |
[17:08] | and you were going to get me some gin. | 你想给我些杜松子酒 |
[17:11] | Okay. | 好的 |
[17:19] | What’s on the docket for today? | 今天的日程表上有什么? |
[17:22] | Uh,redburn case. | 唔 Redburn的案子 |
[17:25] | Seems like you been working on that thing forever. | 好像你要永远处理这件案子了 |
[17:28] | When’s it finally go to trial? | 案子什么时候才开始审理? |
[17:30] | Opening statements are in three days unless… | 开庭陈述在三天后 除非… |
[17:33] | unless what? | 除非什么? |
[17:34] | District attorney wants to meet at 9:00.I’m guessing it’s to talk about | 地区检察官想在9点见次面 我想是要谈 |
[17:38] | cutting a deal with redburn,avoiding a trial altogether. | 和Redburn庭外和解的事 避免进行完全的庭审 |
[17:42] | You think watt will agree to take a deal? | 你认为Watt会同意和解? |
[17:45] | Larry watt can’t wait to get this case before a jury. | Larry Watt等不及要审理这个案子 |
[17:49] | What about you,what’s your day like? | 你怎么样 你今天有什么事? |
[17:51] | Pretty light. | 很轻松 |
[17:53] | Morning meeting with the board, | 和董事会开个早会 |
[17:54] | then I’m having lunch with tom fenton | 然后和Tom Fenton一起吃午饭 |
[17:57] | to discuss broadening his investment portfolio. | 讨论一下如何拓宽他的投资 |
[18:00] | Didn’t you tell me he was on his way to europe? | 你不是告诉我他去欧洲了? |
[18:04] | That must have been your other husband. | 一定是你另外的丈夫告诉你的 |
[18:06] | I’m having lunch with fenton at varium at one. | 我一点和Fenton在Varium吃午饭 |
[18:09] | I don’t know,I could’ve sworn i heard you say that he was out of town. | 我不知道 我可以发誓我听你说过他出城了 |
[18:22] | mr. District attorney? | 地区检察官先生? |
[18:25] | I’m sorry? | 对不起? |
[18:28] | Allison dunham. | |
[18:30] | I work with larry watt. | 我和Larry Watt一起工作 |
[18:32] | Junior partner. | 初级合伙人 |
[18:34] | Mr. Watt asked me to extend his apologies | Watt先生叫我代他表达歉意 |
[18:36] | he won’t be able to make the meeting today. | 他不能来开今天的会了 |
[18:38] | He asked me to take his place. | 他叫我代替他来 |
[18:41] | Everybody | 每个 |
[18:43] | at your firm understands that I intend to prosecute this case vigorously. | 在你们公司的人都了解我 斗志满满想要起诉这个案子 |
[18:47] | I intend to pursue the death penalty. | 我想要将凶手绳之于法 |
[18:49] | I think you’ll discover soon enough that everyone at our firm | 我想你会很快发现我们这里的人 |
[18:51] | has a precise grasp on exactly what you’re up to… | 对你们所掌握的了如指掌… |
[18:54] | mr. District attorney. | 地区检察官先生 |
[18:56] | Be that as it may,ms. Dunham,I’m more than a little surprised | 不管怎么样 Dunham女士 我很惊讶 |
[18:59] | that larry watt would choose not to attend this meeting himself, | Larry Watt会选择不亲自来参加会议 |
[19:02] | much less send a junior partner. | 更不要说只派一个初级合伙人来 |
[19:05] | If it makes you feel better,I am certain I will be made a full partner soon enough. | 如果我说的会让你感觉好些 我确定我很快就会成为一个全职合伙人了 |
[19:10] | And for what it’s worth,I think the fact that mr. Watt sent a junior partner | 而且如果可以说的话 我认为Watt先生之所以派一个初级合伙人 |
[19:14] | in his stead speaks more to his opinion of your case than it does his opinion of me. | 代替他 并不是因为他看得起我 而是因为这样做明确的表达了他对本案看法 |
[19:20] | Really. | 真的? |
[19:21] | Absolutely. | 当然 |
[19:25] | So now that we’ve gotten to know each other, | 既然我们现在已经认识了 |
[19:27] | let me tell you why I’m here. | 那让我来告诉你我到这里的原因吧 |
[19:29] | I know that your evidence against mr. Redburn is weak. | 我知道你们指控 Redburn 先生的证据很不足 |
[19:32] | You certainly wouldn’t have called my office | 除非你想交易 |
[19:34] | unless you wanted to discuss a deal. | 否则你是肯定不会把电话打到我办公室的 |
[19:36] | So let’s hear it,mr. District attorney.What exactly are you willing to offer? | 说来听听吧 地区检察官先生 说说你的条件吧 |
[19:40] | First-degree manslaughter,eight to 12 years with the possibility of parole after five. | 一级杀人案 案发8年到10年 5年后可以获得假释 |
[19:45] | Why would we accept manslaughter?You don’t even have a body. | 为什么我们要相信这是个杀人案? 你甚至没有发现尸体 |
[19:48] | We have a murder weapon. | 我们发现了凶器 |
[19:50] | You have an alleged murder weapon. | 你们只是有一把怀疑是凶器的刀罢了 |
[19:51] | Smeared with the blood of the young woman your client murdered. | 上面粘有被你方当事人谋杀的那个女人的血迹 |
[19:54] | Really. | 是吗? |
[19:55] | Last I checked,the blood on that knife was too degenerated to extract any dna. | 上次我检测的时候 留在刀上的血迹时间太长 已经不可能提取DNA了 |
[20:00] | All that you have is a blood type, | 你们所能鉴定的只是血型 |
[20:03] | and a very common type at that. | 而且是还是很普通的血型 |
[20:05] | You certainly can’t connect it conclusively to the missing woman, | 你当然不能仅凭此就和那个失踪的女人联系起来 |
[20:08] | and you can’t connect it to mr. Redburn. | 你们也不能把它同 Redburn先生联系起来 |
[20:10] | Hell,you can’t even prove he ever stepped foot in her apartment. | 你们甚至不能证明他是否进过她家门 |
[20:12] | Because you know and I know | 因为你我都知道 |
[20:14] | that he wiped the whole place down with bleach. | 他已经用漂白剂把那整个地方都彻底擦洗过了 |
[20:16] | We can’t even find the victim’s prints in her own apartment. | 我们甚至在受害人家里都找不到她自己的指纹 |
[20:20] | Fine. | 好吧 |
[20:22] | You want to argue that imelda vizcaina vanished into thin air,be my guest. | 你如果想争辩 Imelda Vizcaina 是无故失踪 请便吧 |
[20:26] | I’m just not sure that the jury’s gonna buy it. | 我只是不敢肯定陪审团会不会信这个 |
[20:29] | I think they might. | 我想他们或许会的 |
[20:31] | Whatever you say,ms. Dunham. | 你想怎么说都行 Dunham女士 |
[20:33] | Please let larry watt know that this is a one-time offer, | 请转告 Larry Watt 只有一次机会 |
[20:36] | and it expires at midnight tonight. | 而且今天晚上午夜过后就没有了 |
[20:40] | To reasonable doubt. | 为合理的猜疑干杯 |
[20:41] | Reasonable doubt. | 干杯 |
[20:46] | So,you know what I think? | 你知道我在想什么吗? |
[20:48] | I think if manny devalos is proposing deals | 我想如果Manny Devalos 提出交易 |
[20:50] | like the one he tried to sell you on this morning, | 就像他今天早上劝你接受的那样 |
[20:53] | he’s worried his case isn’t strong enough. | 他是在担心他的案子不是很乐观 |
[20:55] | Well,he should be–he’s trying to prosecute an innocent man. | 他是应该担忧 他在试图将一个无辜的人定罪 |
[20:58] | Well,you may know that and I may know that, | 你我都可能清楚这一点 |
[21:00] | but our job is to convince a jury. | 但是我们的任务是能让陪审团相信 |
[21:02] | Which is why I wish we had something better to rebut this knife business with. | 这也正是我们需要更好的理由来反驳 所谓的刀上的证据的原因 |
[21:06] | I’ve been thinking about that. | 我是一直在考虑那个 |
[21:07] | I’m meeting with a potential expert witness about it this afternoon. | 今天下午我要去见一个可能很有用的证人 |
[21:10] | Tell me. | 谁? |
[21:12] | Let me see how it pans out first. | 先让我看看他会告诉我什么 |
[21:15] | oh,christian i am not gonna tell you again. | Christian 我不想再说一遍 |
[21:17] | Stop it. | 别玩了 |
[21:20] | There ought to be a law. | 这里应该有个规定 |
[21:22] | If it isn’t my handsome husband. | 如果不是我英俊的丈夫的话 |
[21:25] | Your handsome husband who’s trolling for a lunch date. | 你英俊的丈夫正在找寻共进午餐的人 |
[21:27] | What happened to tom fenton? | Tom Fenton 怎么样了? |
[21:29] | Well,he had to jet off to europe,apparently. | 很明显,他要飞到欧洲去 |
[21:31] | That’s weird. | 这很奇怪 |
[21:33] | I hope I’m not interrupting. –What I said this morning. | 希望我没有打扰你们 我今天早上怎么说的啊 |
[21:35] | No,come on,join us–we haven’t even ordered yet. | 没关系 一起吃吧 我们还没有点菜呢 |
[21:38] | Listen,if you two need to talk shop… | 如果你们需要谈工作的话… |
[21:40] | no,not at all. | 不 不需要 |
[21:46] | Lovely children. | 很可爱的孩子 |
[21:54] | Be careful what you wish for. | 谨慎考虑你想要的 |
[21:57] | I’m not wishing for anything.Not yet. | 我没有想要任何东西 还没有 |
[22:00] | Maybe after I make partner. | 或许要等到我成为合伙人了 |
[22:02] | If then. | 如果那样就好了 |
[22:07] | So,how long have you two been married? | 你们两个结婚有多久了 |
[22:10] | 12 years this spring.We were college sweethearts,very boring. | 到这个春天就有12年了 我们是大学开始的恋人 很乏味 |
[22:14] | Boring? | 乏味? |
[22:15] | Honey… we were brought together by fate. | 亲爱的…… 是命运安排我们在一起的 |
[22:18] | The stars aligned for us. | 星星也为我们排成一行 |
[22:20] | That’s what your grandmother said. | 你奶奶可是这样说的哦 |
[22:22] | Your grandmother sounds like a remarkable woman. | 听起来你奶奶是个了不起的女人 |
[22:25] | More like the town eccentric,actually. | 实际上 更像个怪人 |
[22:30] | Well,I don’t know,I-I guess people thought she was a little odd. | 我不知道 我想人们是觉得她有些古怪 |
[22:33] | She trusted her instincts. | 她相信她的直觉 |
[22:35] | She heard… voices. | 她能听到……声音 |
[22:39] | She’d get messages in her sleep. | 她能从睡梦中得到提示 |
[22:41] | She was the town eccentric. | 她是镇上的怪人 |
[22:44] | In a very small town. | 是一个很小的镇 |
[22:49] | Every time I move my chair,everything goes all fritzy. | 每次我移动椅子的时候 什么都变的乱七八糟的 |
[22:53] | Any calls? | 有电话找我吗? |
[22:55] | Uh,paul haas returned, | Paul Haas 回了电话 |
[22:56] | jamie mandlebaum called to say he’s in court and unreachable, | Jamie Mandlebaum 打电话来说 他在法庭上 没有空 |
[22:59] | and your pilates instructor needs to reschedule tomorrow. | 你的法官指导需要 重新安排明天的见面时间 |
[23:02] | Fine.What about my 2:00? | 好的 我2点有空吗? |
[23:04] | It’s five after.What is he,one of those absent-minded professors? | 已经5点多了 难道他是一个有健忘症的教授? |
[23:10] | actually,I’ve been here since ten of. | 实际上 我10点就到了 |
[23:13] | I’m just doing my part to fight fritz. | 我只是在修理故障 |
[23:17] | My firm’s handling the sean redburn case.Are you familiar with it? | 我们公司在接手Sean Redburn一案 对这个案子你了解吗? |
[23:21] | Rich contractor stabbed his immigrant mistress to death. | 富有的承包商将他的移民情人刺死 |
[23:24] | It’s been on the news a lot. | 新闻对此做了很多报道 |
[23:26] | Allegedly. | 只是据说 |
[23:27] | It’s allegedly been on the news? | 据说被媒体报道过? |
[23:29] | No,I’m fairly certain coverage has been ubiquitous. | 不 我确信报道无所不在 |
[23:32] | No,he allegedly committed a murder. | 不 只是据说他杀了人 |
[23:34] | We intend to prove that he’s been wrongly accused. | 我们现在打算替他翻案 |
[23:37] | Don’t the police have a knife with her blood on it? | 警察不是找到带有血迹的凶器了吗? |
[23:40] | They found a knife in that dump that happens to be | 他们在垃圾堆里捡到了一把刀 |
[23:43] | the same brand and style as the set she owned, | 那把刀刚好和他的是一样牌子 一样款式 |
[23:45] | and there were microscopic traces | 那上面有很微小的痕迹 |
[23:47] | that match her very common blood type,yes. | 刚好和她的血型匹配 是的 |
[23:50] | I heard somebody saw them having an argument | 我听到有人说他们吵了一架 |
[23:52] | and she hasn’t been heard from since. | 然后她就渺无音讯了 |
[23:55] | You strike me as an intelligent man,mr. Dubois. | 我感觉你是一个很聪明的人 Dubois先生 |
[23:59] | Do you believe everything you see and hear on the news? | 你相信你在新闻报导上所看到和听到的吗? |
[24:01] | Couples fight.I’m sure you and your wife… | 夫妻吵架 我敢肯定你和你的妻子… |
[24:03] | I’m not married. | 我还没有结婚 |
[24:05] | You should try it sometime. | 你什么时候可以试试 |
[24:07] | I highly recommend it. | 我强烈建议 |
[24:09] | Ah,see,but there’s the problem. | 但有个问题 |
[24:11] | All the cool girls are taken. | 所有有魅力的女人都已经有归宿了 |
[24:16] | I see here you have a ph.D. In mathematics. | 你这里写着你拿了数学博士学位 |
[24:19] | Two,actually. | 实际上 是两个 |
[24:21] | Says here that you wrote a book. | 这里写着你出过书 |
[24:23] | Ah,my scandalous expose about the secret language of numbers. | 是关于数字秘密语言的一些胡扯 |
[24:28] | Well,if I may,I’d like to run some numbers by you. | 如果可以的话 我要你来计算一些数字 |
[24:31] | Having to do with the knife that you mentioned earlier. | 是关于刚刚你提到的那把刀的 |
[24:34] | According to the city, | 根据城市统计数据 |
[24:36] | the waste processing facility where it was found serves 125,000 households. | 有125,000个家庭 使用找到那把刀的垃圾处理站 |
[24:41] | Now,apparently,the utensil in question is a very common brand. | 另外 很明显 我们现在谈的凶器的牌子很普通 |
[24:45] | According to the manufacturer’s website, | 根据生产厂家网站 |
[24:47] | it outsells its competition two to one. | 他们比竞争对手多出售一倍 |
[24:50] | Well,if it says so on the manufacturer’s website. | 如果生产厂家网站上是这么说的话 那就是了 |
[24:53] | Work with me.These are just back-of-the-envelope calculations. | 合作点啊 这不过是很简单的运算 |
[24:57] | But if,let’s say,ten percent of those 125,000 households use this brand– | 但是 如果说这 125,000 家庭中的10% 用这个牌子…… |
[25:02] | and household is defined by the census as having four persons in it– | 而且根据人口普查定义 一个家庭有4个人 |
[25:07] | we’re talking about 50,000 people. | 我们在谈论 50,000 人 |
[25:10] | Do you have any idea | 你知不知道 |
[25:12] | what percentage of the population has o-positive blood? | O阳性型血的人口比例是多少? |
[25:17] | No,but I have a feeling that you’re going to tell me. | 不知道 但是我有感觉你马上就会告诉我了 |
[25:19] | Almost 40 percent. | 几乎是40% |
[25:21] | Which would mean the blood on that knife | 这就意味这凶器上的血迹 |
[25:23] | could belong to any one of 20,000 people,no? | 可能是 20,000 人中的一个,不是吗? |
[25:26] | Assuming your assumptions hold up, | 如果你的假设成立 |
[25:28] | I suppose so. | 我想是的 |
[25:29] | How would like to earn $1,500 for one day of work? | 工作一天支付你1500美元 如何? |
[25:33] | Who do I have to kill? | 我要去杀谁呢? |
[25:35] | I need an expert witness to explain all this to a jury. | 我需要一个专业性的证人 来向陪审团解释这些东西 |
[25:38] | You want me to testify to your back-of- the-envelope numbers? | 你想要我为你这些所谓的简单数字作证? |
[25:43] | $2,500 per expenses | 额外开支2500美元 |
[25:46] | What expenses? | 什么额外开支? |
[25:47] | You need a new suit. | 你需要买一套西装 |
[25:49] | I have a suit. | 我有 |
[25:50] | I know that,but it’s almost eight years old. | 我知道 但是已经穿了8年了 |
[25:53] | Excuse me? | 什么? |
[25:55] | I’m sorry? | 不对吗? |
[25:56] | My suit,you just said that my suit was almost eight years old. | 你刚才说我西装穿了8年了 |
[25:59] | I bought that suit for my father’s funeral seven… | 我为了参加我父亲葬礼买的 是7年…… |
[26:03] | eight years ago. | 8年前 |
[26:05] | How could you possibly have known that? | 你怎么可能知道这个呢? |
[26:08] | Have you been spying on me? | 你调查过我吗? |
[26:09] | I don’t know,the number just popped into my head. | 我不知道 这个数字从我脑海里跳出来 |
[26:11] | Besides,you are a college professor. | 还有 你是个大学教授 |
[26:13] | Why would you be spending money on new suits? | 那你何必买新西装呢? |
[26:16] | No,I know,it’s just that you were so specific about how old it was. | 我知道 只是你能精确知道我的西装穿了多久 |
[26:20] | I’m thinking of a number from one to ten. | 我在从1到10中想一个数字 |
[26:23] | I’m sure you are,dr. Dubois. | Dubois博士 我了解了 |
[26:25] | I am offering you $3,000. | 我给你支付3000美元 |
[26:28] | All you have to do is tell 12 people what you just told me, | 你所要做的只是把你刚跟我说的 在12个人面前重复一遍 |
[26:31] | that the odds that that knife came from imelda vizcaina’s apartment are 20,000 to one. | 从Imelda Vizcaina’s 家找到的凶器 只是厂家生产的20,000中的一把 |
[26:35] | I didn’t tell you,you told me. | 我没有告诉你 是你告诉我的 |
[26:37] | Be that as it may.Run the numbers yourself. | 就当是你自己算出来的 |
[26:40] | Make them you own.As long as the odds you come up with | 只要你说出来的几率是对的 |
[26:43] | are in the neighborhood of 10,000 to one,I’d very much like you to testify. | 我很希望你能做证 |
[26:49] | Well,I could certainly use the $3,000. | 我当然会要3000美元 |
[26:57] | could I just ask you a question,ms. Dunham? | 只是我能问你个问题吗 Dunham女士? |
[27:00] | Of course. | 当然 |
[27:01] | Assuming the numbers that we discussed are even remotely accurate, | 就算我们讨论的数字很不精确 |
[27:05] | why are the police so convinced that the knife belonged to the missing woman? | 警察又有什么理由那么肯定 凶器属于那个失踪的女人呢? |
[27:09] | Unlucky coincidence,I’m afraid. | 恐怕是很不走运的巧合吧 |
[27:11] | How’s that? | 怎么可能? |
[27:12] | Well,apparently,these knives come in sets of four. | 很明显 这种刀一套4把 |
[27:15] | When the police checked imelda’s apartment,they could only find three. | 当警察搜查Imelda的屋子的时候 他们只找到3把 |
[27:18] | What do you think? | 你怎么认为? |
[27:19] | About what? | 关于什么? |
[27:21] | About that. | 关于那个? |
[27:23] | You strike me a person with great instincts. | 我觉得你是一个拥有超凡直觉的人 |
[27:27] | I’d just be curious to know what you think. | 我只是好奇你是怎么看的 |
[27:31] | I think you certainly could use $3,000. | 我想你可以好好利用3000美元 |
[27:35] | And I suppose a new suit couldn’t hurt. | 我想买套西装也不错 |
[27:40] | It’s nice to meet you,ms. Dunham. | 很高兴见到你 Dunham女士 |
[27:55] | ooh. Sleepy. | 想睡觉了 |
[28:02] | night. | 晚安 |
[28:09] | Can you turn it down a little bit? | 你能把灯光调弱点吗? |
[28:13] | I just want to finish this chapter.It’s for work. | 我想看完这章 这是工作 |
[28:17] | Yeah,whatever. | 好吧 随便 |
[28:55] | I just can’t seem to shake it. | 我只是想摆脱他们 |
[28:57] | The blood,the knife,the body… | 血迹 刀 尸体 |
[29:01] | just seemed so… real. | 感觉那么真实 |
[29:08] | Don’t look at me like that.You make me feel foolish. | 不要这样看着我 让我觉得自己像傻瓜 |
[29:11] | It is foolish. | 确实很傻 |
[29:13] | I know. | 我知道 |
[29:15] | Allison… | |
[29:17] | you want to be a great lawyer,right? | 你想成为一个伟大的律师 对吗? |
[29:19] | Great lawyers keep their eye on the prize. | 好律师都很在乎回报 |
[29:22] | The prize in this case is successfully representing your client. | 这个案子的回报就是能替当事人翻案 |
[29:26] | Dreaming about him committing the crime of which he’s been accused | 梦到他如指控那样杀了人 |
[29:30] | and then dwelling on it while you’re awake isn’t going to help you do that. | 然后醒过来后又不停的回想 这对你起不了多大作用 |
[29:32] | I know. | 我知道 |
[29:34] | But why would such a thing even come into my head? | 但我脑子当中为什么会出现这些东西呢? |
[29:40] | I don’t believe it. | 我不相信 |
[29:42] | It’s too perfect,it is just too perfect. | 太完美了 真的太完美了 |
[29:46] | Hell,I’m looking right at it and I still don’t believe it. | 天 我看到了一切 可是我还是不相信 |
[29:49] | Where’d you find this? | 你在哪里找到这个? |
[29:51] | A friend. | 一个朋友那里 |
[29:52] | He’s something of a connoisseur. | 他是这方面的行家 |
[29:54] | Pokes around in a lot of very obscure sites. | 专事揭发那些阴暗的角落 |
[29:57] | Unbelievable. | 难以置信 |
[30:03] | excuse me. | 不好意思 |
[30:04] | hope I’m not interrupting anything. | 希望我没有妨碍你 |
[30:07] | No,not at all.What can I help you with? | 没有 我能为你做什么? |
[30:08] | Well,I’m meeting with that expert witness I told you about. | 我正在与我跟你提起过的专家证人会面 |
[30:11] | I was wondering if you wanted to meet him. | 我在想你是否想见见他 |
[30:13] | No,I can’T.Redburn’s on his way in. | 不 不行 Redburn马上就来了 |
[30:15] | Um,I’ll look at your notes when you’re finished. | 你们结束后 我会看谈话记录的 |
[30:18] | You boys have fun. | 祝你们开心 |
[30:21] | Keep what you just showed me to yourself. | 刚刚告诉我的一切 你要守口如瓶 |
[30:23] | But find this girl,I don’t care what it costs. | 但无论花多大代价 都要找到这个女孩 |
[30:26] | I mean,hell,if she’s willing to do this for money… | 我的意思是 如果她愿意为了钱 而这样做的话… |
[30:29] | I just want her here by the time we get to trial. | 我只想她庭审的时候能出现 |
[30:36] | So as a doctor of mathematics,mr. Dubois, | Dubois先生 作为一个数学博士 |
[30:39] | what in your expert opinion,would you say are the odds | 从专业角度看 你能告诉我们 |
[30:42] | that the knife in question belonged to ms. Vizcaina? | 那把刀属于Vizcaina先生的概率是多少? |
[30:45] | Oh,I’d estimate the odds are around… | 我估计概率在大约… |
[30:49] | oh,no,let’s not estimate and let’s not use the word “around.” | 不 我们不能用‘估计’这个词 也不能用‘大约’ |
[30:52] | I need you to be very definite with your answers. | 我要你对你的回答很有把握 |
[30:55] | The jury wants to believe you. | 陪审团是愿意相信你的 |
[30:58] | Let them know you feel confident about what you’re saying. | 要让他们感觉你对自己所说的很有自信 |
[31:07] | Is something the matter? | 有什么问题吗? |
[31:09] | As a matter of fact,yes. | 说实话 是的 |
[31:12] | I suspect that the reason i don’t sound confident | 我想我听起来不自信的原因是 |
[31:15] | in what I’m saying is because,to be perfectly honest… | 很老实的说…… |
[31:20] | I don’t believe what I’m saying. | 我根本不相信自己所说的 |
[31:28] | I’m confused.These are your calculations. | 那就奇怪了 这是你自己的计算 |
[31:32] | Done to your specifications. | 依据你的分类标准 |
[31:34] | Based on your assumptions. | 建立在你的假设条件下 |
[31:36] | None of which I agree with. | 我哪个都不认同 |
[31:39] | To be frank, | 事实上 |
[31:41] | I think there’s a very good chance | 我认为那把刀属于Imelda Vizcaina |
[31:42] | that that knife does belong to imelda vizcaina. | 的几率倒非常大 |
[31:45] | And I can’t help but suspect that you think so,too. | 我怀疑你也是这么想的 |
[31:48] | Dr. Dubois,rest assured,you have no idea what I’m thinking. | Dubois博士 不要那么自信 你根本就不知道我在想什么 |
[31:52] | Maybe. | 也许是 |
[31:53] | Maybe not. | 也许不是 |
[31:55] | I just…I trust my instincts. | 我只是……相信我的直觉罢了 |
[32:00] | You should try it sometime. | 你应该什么时候试一试 |
[32:05] | What are you doing here? | 你到这里干什么呢? |
[32:07] | Why did you even bother coming back? | 为什么你又要不嫌麻烦的跑一趟呢? |
[32:10] | Is it the money? | 是为了钱吗? |
[32:12] | Is it the new suit? | 是为了套新西装? |
[32:21] | I’m a married woman,dr. Dubois. | Dubois博士 我是一个已婚女人 |
[32:29] | Well,there you go. | 你说的对 |
[32:32] | All the cool girls are taken. | 所有有魅力的女人都已经有归宿了 |
[32:42] | I’m sorry that i couldn’t be of any help. | 很抱歉我什么忙也帮不上 |
[32:55] | What do you want me to say,allison? | 你想我说什么 Allison? |
[32:57] | I want you to tell me i’m not crazy. | 我想要你告诉我 我并没有疯 |
[33:01] | I want you to tell me my feelings,my impressions, | 我想要你告诉我 我的感觉 我的印象 |
[33:05] | my dreams count for something. | 我的梦肯定有它的价值所在 |
[33:08] | And that I should listen to them, | 我应该倾听它们 |
[33:10] | act on them. | 照着去做 |
[33:13] | John… | |
[33:17] | J.D… | |
[33:18] | allison… | |
[33:19] | I have a $40-million client | 我有一个资产4000万美元的委托人 |
[33:21] | sitting a restaurant by himself | 一个人坐在餐馆里 |
[33:23] | drinking within 50 feet of three of my competitors. | 在我3个竞争对手50英尺的距离之内喝着酒 |
[33:26] | What do you want to hear,that I think you’re nostradamus? | 你想听我说什么 说我认为你是个占卜家? |
[33:29] | Grow up. | 别幼稚了 |
[33:31] | Do your job,we’ll talk about it when you get home. | 好好干你的活 我们回家再谈 |
[33:35] | Allison? | |
[33:37] | Yes? | 怎么了? |
[33:38] | Are we through? | 我们谈完了? |
[33:42] | Yes… | 是的…… |
[33:44] | we’re through. | 完了 |
[33:53] | I’m going out for a while. | 我出去一会 |
[33:58] | Are you sure you don’t want to take an umbrella? | 你确信你不需要带把伞吗? |
[34:00] | They say it’s going to rain. | 说是要下雨了 |
[34:08] | what am I thinking? | 我在想什么? |
[34:10] | Ms. Dunham, | Dunham女士 |
[34:13] | you’re soaked.Come on in. | 你成落汤鸡了 快进来 |
[34:15] | No,answer me.What am I thinking? | 不 回答我 我在想什么? |
[34:19] | You’re right,I know he’s guilty.How do I know that? | 你是对的 我知道他有罪 我是怎么知道的呢? |
[34:23] | I know nothing about math, | 我对数学一窍不通 |
[34:25] | but I read your book and suddenly I understand… | 但我读了你写的书后就突然明白… |
[34:29] | everything. | 一切 |
[34:31] | I left your phone number at the office, | 我把你的电话号码留在了办公室 |
[34:33] | but somehow,I knew exactly how to get here, | 但是我还是能准确无误的找到你家 |
[34:37] | to this house…to you. | 找到这个房子…找到你 |
[34:42] | And now that I’m here,everything seems so… | 现在我已经站在这里了 一切显得那么… |
[34:45] | completely familiar. | 那么眼熟 |
[34:49] | I-I don’t really know what I’m doing here… | 我 我真的不知道自己来这里做什么… |
[34:55] | I’m doing what you told me to do.I am following my instincts. | 我在做你让我做的事情 跟着直觉走 |
[34:59] | And my instincts tell me i am supposed to be here… | 而我的直觉就告诉我 我应该到这里来… |
[35:04] | with you. | 跟你在一起 |
[35:25] | Just forget the last five minutes of your life. | 把刚才的五分钟忘了吧 |
[36:52] | You all right?What are you doing? | 你还好吗?你在做什么? |
[36:55] | Hi. | 你好 |
[36:57] | Oh,my god. It’s morning. | 天啊 早上了 |
[36:59] | I have to get out of here.I have to go. | 我必须马上离开这里 |
[37:04] | Why? | 为什么? |
[37:06] | What do you mean?I have to tell my husband. | 这是什么意思?我必须告知我丈夫 |
[37:09] | What? | 什么? |
[37:11] | Mommy… | 妈妈… |
[37:13] | we’re hungry. | 我们饿了 |
[37:17] | Oh,my god. | 天哪 |
[37:18] | My babies! Come here!My beautiful babies. | 我的孩子! 过来!我可爱的孩子 |
[37:30] | I’m home.Oh,I’m home. I’m home. | 我回来了 我回来了 |
[37:32] | Um,excuse me. | 抱歉 |
[37:33] | Who’s gonna drive us? | 谁来给我们开车? |
[37:35] | ‘Cause I told hannah i’d meet her early so we could work on our history presentation. | 因为我跟Hannah说我想早点跟她见面 这样我们就可以准备一下历史课的演说 |
[37:41] | Wait a second. | 等一下 |
[37:44] | allison. | |
[37:46] | I was beginning to think you forgot about me. | 我已经开始怀疑你忘记我的存在了 |
[37:49] | Wasn’t there something you wanted to speak to me about | 难道在进法庭之前 你就没有什么话要对我说的? |
[37:51] | before I headed into court?One of the jurors or something? | 关于其中的一个陪审员或其他的? |
[37:54] | Actually,sir,there’s a lot i need to tell you before you head into court. | 事实上 先生 在进法庭之前 我有很多话要对你说 |
[37:57] | Did anyone check? | 有没有人核实过? |
[37:59] | Did anyone look for her? | 有没有人找寻过她? |
[38:01] | Did anyone try to find out where miss vizcaina might have gone? | 有没有人试着去找Miss Vizcaina 的下落? |
[38:06] | For all we know, | 据我们所知 |
[38:08] | she decided to leave this country and go back home | 她决定离开这个国家 |
[38:11] | to the remote mountain town that the district attorney so poetically described. | 回到她偏远小镇 地区检察官 非常诗情画意描述过的地方 |
[38:16] | It wouldn’t be easy to track her down there, | 要在那里找到她可不容易 |
[38:19] | but if someone tried | 但如果有人去找 |
[38:22] | who knows what they might discover? | 谁知道他们会发现什么? |
[38:25] | I should know,because that’s exactly what I did. | 我知道 因为我确实那样做了 |
[38:28] | I tried. | 我去找了 |
[38:32] | And you’ll never guess what I found. | 你根本想不到我发现了什么 |
[38:48] | Like I said,ladies and gentlemen of the jury, | 就像我说的 陪审团的女士 先生们 |
[38:51] | You’ll never guess what I found. | 你们是永远猜不到我究竟发现了什么 |
[39:04] | There a problem,mr. Watts? | 有个问题Watts先生? |
[39:06] | Are you going to continue or have you concluded your remarks? | 你还继续说吗? 还是要作总结陈词呢? |
[39:10] | Uh,if I may your honor, | 法官大人 如果可以的话 |
[39:12] | I’d like to request a short recess. | 我想要求休庭一小会 |
[39:16] | Very well. | 很好 |
[39:17] | This court will adjourn for a half hour recess. | 休庭半小时 |
[39:21] | What the hell happened?–I’m not sure yet. | 到底发生什么事情了? 我还不是很清楚 |
[39:23] | Excuse me,larry. | 打扰了 Larry |
[39:25] | We should talk. | 我们需要谈谈 |
[39:35] | Amazing what people will do for money if they’re desperate enough. | 很不可思议当人们绝望的时候 会为了钱什么都做 |
[39:39] | But then,that’s what this whole case has been about,hasn’t it? | 但无论如何 整个案子就是关于这个 不是吗 |
[39:43] | They both look remarkably like imelda vizcaina to me. | 在我看来 她们两个都很像Imelda Vizcaina |
[39:50] | Actually,this one is imelda. | 事实上 这个才是Iimelda |
[39:52] | The other girl is mirabella.Her twin sister. | 另外一个女孩是她的孪生姐妹Mirabella |
[39:56] | Unlike imelda,mirabella never came to america. | Mirabella 不像Imelda 到过美国 |
[39:58] | She stayed behind in el salvador. | 她一直呆在El Salvador |
[40:01] | Spent her entire life there.It’s where this movie was made,actually. | 从来没有离开过 事实上 这也就是这个录象带制作的地方 |
[40:05] | Well,you certainly know your central american porn,manuel. | 你倒是很熟悉色情录像带 |
[40:08] | I got to give you that. | 我要把那个给你 |
[40:10] | Apparently mirabella was held up at phoenix airport this morning | 很明显 Mirabella 今天早上在凤凰机场被拦截了 |
[40:13] | trying to use her sister’s papers to enter this country. | 想用她妹妹的护照进入美国 |
[40:17] | She’s being detained | 她现在已经被拘留了 |
[40:19] | until we can determine whether she had any ulterior motives | 直到我们调查清楚她 今天到美国来的真正动机是什么 |
[40:22] | for traveling to arizona today. | |
[40:24] | Ulterior motives? | 真正动机? |
[40:25] | Her sister imelda was in this country illegally. | 她姐姐Imelda是这个国家的非法移民 |
[40:28] | No government agency had her fingerprints, | 没有任何政府机构有她的指纹 |
[40:31] | and none were ever recovered from the apartment. | 在她的住所也找不到 |
[40:33] | If,somehow,mirabella had managed to make it to the trial today | 如果Mirabella 今天想方设法出现在法庭上 |
[40:36] | and if for some bizarre reason she had chosen to identify herself | 如果是因为一些很怪诞的原因 让她想在法庭上冒充她姐姐 |
[40:40] | as her sister to the court, | |
[40:43] | there would have been no way for the prosecution to prove otherwise. | 那么就没有任何办法证明控诉成立了 |
[40:46] | For all intents and purposes, | 出于各种各样的动机和目的 |
[40:47] | it would have appeared that imelda vizcaina was alive and well, | 那么Imelda Vizcaina 也会看起来还活着 而且还活的很好 |
[40:50] | and we would have had to drop all charges against your client. | 那么我们也就要停止对你方委托人的所有控诉 |
[40:53] | And you can imagine how embarrassing that would’ve been for me. | 你可以想象那样对我来说这有多尴尬 |
[41:06] | Grandma… | 奶奶… |
[41:09] | allison? | |
[41:10] | What are you doing back here?Didn’t you just leave? | 你在后面做什么?你刚刚不是离开了吗? |
[41:13] | Grandma. | 奶奶 |
[41:14] | I changed my mind.Go back to sleep. | 我改变注意了 回去睡觉 |
[41:16] | Don’t worry about the pie.I’ll be here in a minute with J.D. | 不要担心馅饼 我和J.D.一分钟就到 |
[41:19] | I’ll get it. | 我自己来 |
[41:20] | What about the burn?Your arm? That scar? | 你手臂上的烧伤怎样了? 那个疤? |
[41:23] | I don’t care about the scar. | 我才不在乎那个疤 |
[41:25] | It’ll fade with time. | 时间长了就好了 |
[41:27] | I think I actually kind of like the scar. | 事实上 我想我蛮喜欢这个疤 |
[41:29] | I think I’d miss it if it was gone. | 如果它有一天消失了 我会怀念它的 |
[41:32] | It’s part of my life. | 它是我生命的一部分 |
[41:34] | And I love my life. | 我热爱我的生命 |
[41:36] | And the fact is,I wouldn’t change a thing. | 事实上 我不想去改变任何东西 |
[41:40] | Well,all right.If you’re sure. | 好吧 如果你很肯定的话 |
[41:43] | I’m sure. | 我很肯定 灵媒追凶 |